Speaker 1: Jus, what's up boys? We are in Spain.
Speaker 2: This is ours Kevin, hours after Spain just won the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Now hit the applause on the have you gone to bed? It was the city on fire? Like what happened? The city is not on fire. It's kind of an interesting vacation. In the last Spain. This is called an appall. Where's money? It's the drink of the summer two years running Spain.
Speaker 2: Let's tell you about our trip. So we're clocked in on vacation. I got here about what was it five days ago. I came straight from New York. I was in New York doing a shoot with a fur hanging out with me and I. I say, you're a place for one night. And I got here. Priyanka and Malty and our parents were already here. So then I joined up. Joe got here a day after.
Speaker 1: Me because I was shooting something in Los Angeles. I can't talk to you about it.
Speaker 2: We got top secret projects, so busy. We did Prianca's birthday, wonderful day. The following day we watched Spain win the World Cup and the city was going nuts till last three or four in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well, so a clip right now. This is a video I took of the fireworks rolling here, the horns honking. Yeah, they're going nuts. This went on all night.
Speaker 2: So the other thing about this place that we're in here in Spain, which shout out Spain, we love.
Speaker 1: You, seriously, shout out in Spain, it's Fiesta season.
Speaker 2: They basically shoot off fireworks at eight am every morning, and then every night am.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're testing them for the night time or they just are I think it's a test they're testing, and then at night I get ten From pretty much from ten till midnight, they're just going off. Did you watch the match? I did. I was flying home from the Hamptons. Me and Danny went and visited some friends and so chic. Yes, to Hampton's.
Speaker 3: We had a little five minute flight. We literally had a five minute flight. Actually it was the perfect amount of time. It was twenty four minutes, and I watched the end of the real time. Then I watched the rest of it, you know, in.
Speaker 1: The car ride home. Oh were you doing in the Hampton's visiting some friends. They invited us out, went to their beach house and it was very awesome. Did you take a helicopter. I did not.
Speaker 3: We flew on a plane and because I was not about to sit in five hours of traffic with the World Cup traffic going on.
Speaker 1: It's crazy here. It like lits it New York. It was in the Great City New Jersey. I've met.
Speaker 3: Was in the Great City of New Jersey, not New York. But Joe, I went to Sunset Beach where you said we have to go when you were out in the Hampton's and it was the most amount of rain on Shutter Island I've ever experienced, like ever, how much rain we got that night. The tent inside that place was dripping, but it became because you were so like just drenched, it didn't matter, and dinner was awesome and the music was going on.
Speaker 1: But that's pretty trippy probably to experience that in the rainstorm. It was like kind of like giving Widows Bay. It was giving horror film. Speaking of horror films, have you guys watched Obsession yet? No? Actually, by the way, I'm sorry, but I've been saving it. It's Tati and I I've been my Jiff. We are waiting to watch it, but there's never an appropriate time to watch it. So I have it saved this. I've watched it flight because you, guys, I don't know why'd you watch it without me?
Speaker 2: I watched quite a few movies, but Obsession is the movie of the year. When I say it's it's beyond its cultural reach. It is a fantastic film.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see the Odyssey.
Speaker 2: Though the Odyssey is gonna be great. Guys, A lot has happened that we have to we have to recap, recap. The first is three sold out nights Madison Square Gardens.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Twentieth twenty first, twenty second, are incredible fans.
Speaker 1: This actually makes sense. This, this button I have makes a lot of sense for these three sold out here. Oh yeah, the tables, turning it back, turning back in time. We're playing, We're running, We're running it. Yeah, we're turning it back. The people have spoken by the way, we're doing the show. Oh yeah, we're doing turning the shows back to the Burning Up tour that we were on in two thousand and the Burning Up Tour all over again two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: It has been so incredible to see the responsory shows. Thank you everyone that bought a ticket. You can't wait to see you cannot wait. But what's been really fun is literally putting the show back together. And I will say that this is a bit of lore that we never talked about. But the og sign, the burning up sign, one that lights on the firefire. We could not find it. So here's the picture of what it looks like.
Speaker 1: This is what we found in stores. We have a Jonas Brothers storage Unity, which also is quite fun. It's a Jonahs Brother's mal It's it's a massive storage unit that if you're a fan of Big Fat Lier. When they when they went into the uh.
Speaker 2: Just watched it with the kids, I was like, guys, you're gonna love this film. And you know what, shout out the snails. You know what I'm talking about, Big fat Lyre.
Speaker 1: They said it moved too slow. They're like, it's a little slow.
Speaker 2: I'm like everything they watched is just like, yeah, fantastic about Liar.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of Liar Liar.
Speaker 2: Is there a storage unit scene in this Yeah, they go into the costume house at the a lot. Remember Paul Jamadi is like the big bad guy and they go and it's it's one of my favorite scenes in the film. And then the other one is when he jumps into his pool. When he comes out, he's all blue. So we found that the sign. That's the first step. We have been going back and forth with our production team while on vacation and you know, all the rest, putting the show back together piece by piece.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the OG set list. Uh.
Speaker 2: There's some special things too that are new and some slight changes, a lot of conversation around the flips. If we're gonna be doing the flips, I will say that Joe and I have been.
Speaker 1: We've been stretched working it out in the pool. Have you been doing stretching them? It are?
Speaker 2: We have something extra, guys. I don't want to get anything away, but it's gonna be great. And then we take this twenty five minute break, we come back out and we do about an hour and a half of more music. It's a long show though, two and a half hour show. Oh did you get a break though? I mean we should just we should talk about this.
Speaker 1: Five albums one night was three hours.
Speaker 3: Well exactly whatever what happened after we got on tour and it was like, oh no.
Speaker 1: I feel like we could play He doesn't make very negative right now. I think I'm not being just being realistic about our Yeah, well our stamina. What else? What else happened? You went on vacation.
Speaker 3: I went on vacation. We went to the Bahamas again. Because that's what low lights. What are some highlights? Low light was the delayed flight. Highlight was getting there and watching them like go on the water slides. Here's a video of Valentina jumping off a cliff like they have the air, no fear, into water, into a.
Speaker 2: Little softball question this this won't be controversial at all, any conflict with any fights or you know any.
Speaker 3: I got a little heated one morning, so I had the entire group going, Did I got a little down?
Speaker 1: People were talking?
Speaker 4: It was nine, No, it was eight. And then Mikey joined, By the way, great call. It's good to own a family. VAK and uncle showing up a little late brings a day.
Speaker 3: In two days in perfect Yeah, it helps it like re reduces the energy. Went down to breakfast because I bring the girls down early because they're up and I'm up because I was already at the gym.
Speaker 1: Because what time we talked on nine o'clock? Are you in the gym before that? Yeah? Damn, vac on vaca. My body like wakes up. I went locked in.
Speaker 3: I set up breakfast for everyone where we've been having breakfast the last three days. Everybody else had a table outside and eating ahead of us without inviting us, like I invite everyone to meals.
Speaker 2: And just I'm gonna say, you're kind of hosting. I was a little uncouth as it were.
Speaker 1: That was a low light. Then you got heated. Low light. Yeah, I got heated.
Speaker 3: And then I couldn't get a drink for like three hours for some reason, they just wouldn't try to check on us.
Speaker 1: And so then that was like then I was really drink are we talking about talking about?
Speaker 3: I need after all sprits and I couldn't get one got it.
Speaker 1: So I started to rage and it became and then I just had to go for a walk. I had a low lit. I went on a yacht trip. Wait a second, the fact that you just said I had a low light. I went on a yacht trip. Well, it's part of the yacht. Yacht trip had a low light, which was It's kind of a both thing. It's like a yacht trip and you spend a lot of money for the bad low light, which is it was a guest. Actually I was a guest on the boat, so I'll jokes aside. I fell off a boat going onto a tender. It was pretty pretty scary, stepped a little early that everyone said it was fine, and me and the first mate like slipped between the two boats. It was pretty terrifying, and I think I think the adrenaline was going and there's like the element of embarrassment, and I think I pulled myself up on the smaller boat and I hit my shin. But it was more just like terrifying, Like in a moment like that, you're like, so many things could have gone bad. I mean, other than like a bruised shin. Like everybody's fine, but it was definitely one of the moments like I want to call my kids right now, mm hmm, like that's the first thing. I just need to talk to them, and like pretty shook for like a while. But also makes it some people are like, you're good, okay, yeah, Like you're like, yea, I'm fine, even though you know you're not fine. But I'm like I'm just trying to tell myself, I'm just let it go. Move on. That being said, the trip itself was a lot of fun. Did some day clubbing, which was not something I do in my mid thirties, but that was fun. Like Nikki Beach, who is just like a restaurant club, We're like halfway through the you're eating little asagna and it's like you just hear like crazy frog and then it's just that it's really fun and you have to lean into it and it's a good time.
Speaker 2: And also I was on the trip when we found out that we sold out these shows, so so good.
Speaker 1: It was nice to have so pumped.
Speaker 2: I have an update. It's neither a low light or a highlight. It's just a general update. But it does actually tie into the next piece of the conversation. So let's call this a segue, if you will. I'm having a Coke zero summer.
Speaker 1: You're back. I just I just was like, let me just I'm gonna have a nice cold, ice cold cold Coke zero today. It's so good. What yeah, so what I.
Speaker 2: Was trying diet coke, but now zero is shadow coke zero. You're doing your thing. So this is my Coke zero summer. It's a nice refreshment. It's huge. It's a big update.
Speaker 1: Are are you getting like no, asked for saying that absolutely not nice. I have a segue here. I want to get to it because it's it's a good one.
Speaker 2: Having a coke zero reminds me of my teen years, and I was brought back to the many wonderful memories we had with John Taylor, greg Or Bowski, and Jack Lawless, the OG band O G band whose name as a band was Ocean Grove OG. See what I did there, wow Place. So a few weeks ago during our Vegas residency, we had to sit down with the OG band, John Taylor, Jack Lawless, Gregor Bowski and we've been sitting on this gem of an episode now for weeks because there was so many great guests.
Speaker 1: That we just had to sit on it.
Speaker 2: But the conversation was really reflective and fun, and we got to walk down and relane with some guys that were there from the very start of the journey.
Speaker 1: I will say we need to have another OG band episode because John Taylor of the minute got he got up. Hey, he was just getting this, he was just starting to cook. He was starting to cook. There's so much more we can unpack, Like that was such a warm up episode.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're going to have to come back in to the MSG shows and play a song with us on some stars like they.
Speaker 1: Did back in the day.
Speaker 2: But every you know, a couple weeks months, we should have them back on tell some more stories, story telling about which is what we're calling this episode. This is story Time with the OG Band.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the pod the OG Jonas Brother's Band, John Jack and Greg Garbowskie.
Speaker 2: All right, oh good joy. Not everyone listens to this pod is a lifelong Jonas Brothers fan. Shame on them, Shame on them. We'll give you a brief history of our relationship with these three guys. This goes back all the way to what year, Greg, two thousand and five, the timekeeper, Yeah, every date ever.
Speaker 1: We The first person we've ever met on this couch that we've ever met ever was John Lloyd Taylor. Yes, and I loved to hear John your first interaction with Nick which has to do with his nails. Oh yeah, we've talked about to nails before on this podcast. You've already reached the subject. Have we talked about the subject.
Speaker 3: A conversation we had the other day about your toes being out because of the hobby on us.
Speaker 1: M yeah, like grown men and flip flops or something. I get it. I got paid for that, so shut up, go on.
Speaker 5: I rolled in for my audition at the church on Franklin Avenue in why coffee was not.
Speaker 1: An audition for the church, he might break. The audition was at the church. Church church was an extension of the home.
Speaker 5: Your father was a pastor at the Wycoff Assemblieve God. And I brought my sisters back up because my sister's very affable, likable, and I thought that that would make me look like a family man, and you guys were a family so that.
Speaker 1: Was going to give me a leg up on it. And beginning the facts. You were a delinquent, and yeah I was.
Speaker 5: I was a bit of a delinquent. Yes, a black sheep, if you will. Somehow ended up as the adult in the room for the first few years of this journey. But I met Nick first. I was walking around the church and Nick emerged out of the woods, which I thought was kind of strange, like a feral child bounding out of the woods. And he came up to me and he gave me this very firm handshake, shook my hand. I'm Nick it's very nice to meet you. I look forward to playing music with you today. And I was like, all right, man, he's twelve, twelve years old, and he said he looked down at his feet. He was wearing flip flops, and he said, excuse me, I have to go back home and trim my toenails. I'll be right back, and he disappeared back into the woods.
Speaker 1: What what was that? It ever being tested? This is the moment. It's like, okay, yeah, this tiny man emerges from the woods. I think there was a graveyard back in the way it was.
Speaker 2: We had a path through the woods that led from our backyard the parsonage to.
Speaker 1: The church around another house. That's why I I rave you specifically.
Speaker 2: I was wearing flip flops, which I never did and don't really to this day.
Speaker 1: And I was so appalled when.
Speaker 2: I looked down at my own feet at how long my toenails were. And I really am glad though that that's our first interaction.
Speaker 1: It was a good one. It actually kind of was a precursor to your relationship. Yeah, looking after each other's hygiene. Yeah, person my collar before I leave the room. So John, you audition for the band.
Speaker 2: You you get the gig and we start to assemble the rest of the pieces of the band, and one of those very important pieces was great Orboski, which.
Speaker 1: Was only like twenty minutes later. Your audition came in. Were you were correct me for wrong? This is my vision of you. Greg. You had a purple polo and and cargo shorts, pink polo and Camo shorts, close Camo shorts, Adita's T shirt, Armani exchange in jersey and.
Speaker 6: Fun fact, I don't know when this episode airs, but it is twenty one years ago to day that auditioned that I auditioned way twenty one years ago to day, and.
Speaker 1: We can buy you alcohol. Brought you, Greg, and we brought you this actually got you this big edible thank you.
Speaker 2: But you also have a weird interaction with one of us from that day. Oh it was you, Well, I thought it was Kevin.
Speaker 1: For those for those of you who are the girlfriend to this very that was you. Was very telling about the interactions with I, Greg, Greg, who's you? Because people are listening to this podcast, you listen to it.
Speaker 7: It was one of the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 1: No, it was Nick.
Speaker 6: So I learned two songs on the spot, it was I what I am in time for me to fly? And then it was the second half of the audition. I kind of realized was seeing if we get along. So we went outside and just talked for a bit, and then Nick was chemistry on the chemistry exam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nick was thrown out chemistry.
Speaker 7: Nick was like do you have a girlfriend? I guess.
Speaker 6: We were also like, you know, are you are you willing to kind of twelve years old? Yeah, willing to leave your house, uh for years at a time and go on tour? And I said no, and then I said do you? And Nick was like no, the label, the record label won't allow us to have girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Who are you serious? He's like, no, roasted one, that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: The real questions should not have been you know, do you have a girlfriend? Do you know how to travel? Like as an adult because we were all children, do you how.
Speaker 1: Do you know how to do? Also was no Greg put was a tinfoil in the microwave on a tour bus can of spaghettio.
Speaker 7: So garb Yeah, it was a aluminum can.
Speaker 1: We can we can break that open? If you want to wait on Jack first? Jack first, Well, we will say then many years later I was ten years later, I would say no, twenty years later, one years later, how much does a cardinal milk cost? One yearanks Giving? Thanksgiving? Sorry, I was getting my dates back. I had my days backward in the edible arrangements to be careful. Yeah, like many many, many many years later, Thanksgiving Day, your mom dropped you off? Yes, and I think you said by mom, I see you, see you later, see you later. And such a surfer you You went on to be our our touring drummer. Yeah, and today's it's been it's been a good run and it's been over. That was twenty some years, twenty years this year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't know any of you guys, and you guys were all kind of going already.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Shout out to Alex the Noise for being an awesome dude and awesome drummer too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we love him. He quit when he quit, and we got you. So yeah, everything worked out. I remember my first interaction with Jack.
Speaker 3: We were in Orlando, walking around downtown Orlando, because that's what someone does in Orlando. We were like going to Starbucks're going to Starbucks? And I asked you on this on the slide like do you drink beer?
Speaker 1: And you went didn't.
Speaker 3: I could see your face, not sure how you should answer this, knowing that we were both under twenty one and you're like, drink responsibility everyone.
Speaker 1: You looked at me and said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I went sweet, me too. But no one can know that was our interaction together. We were all these for like.
Speaker 2: Questions going back to the Thanksgiving date pickup that we played a show in Pennsylvania the next day, the next day in Pittsburgh, not on Thanksgiving. Yeah, no, you guys would be diabolical.
Speaker 8: You guys did the parade, did a lot of die Thanksgiving parade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 8: We worked and then I met you guys that night, and then we drove to Pittsburgh overnight.
Speaker 2: And you showed up to our house in Little Falls, New Jersey, which was a very very nice home. But yeah, was was you know, we were in a bad financial spot.
Speaker 7: It was the four of you guys in one bedroom.
Speaker 2: If I recall correctly, we had invested, you know, far more money into the band or our dad had than we had, and I'm sure it was probably a strange thing to get there and see the duality big word. Sorry, duality of this little house and little Falls, New Jersey and all of us kind of crammed into it, and then this giant tour bus next to it, and that was sort of summed up.
Speaker 1: That square footage probably was almost comparable. That was a small house. We had more room individually on that tour bus. And and now you.
Speaker 2: Know, we should talk about how we all still worked again. Jack, obviously you're still playing with us every night.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. We love you.
Speaker 2: Greg is the head of creative and helps us basically build out everything from A and R for our music, to song choice to mixes and all the things and just bigger creative conversations at a high level. And John Taylor is literally our agent music not acting music agent. I read your scripts, but yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite part about script reading? An agent?
Speaker 5: Working with you guys, that's my favorite part about being an agent. No, but my favorite part about being an agent is I like to say the agency is a half.
Speaker 1: A phone call away from anything.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of people that's in a building where if you need something from someone, you can get a hold of anyone at any time.
Speaker 1: I love it. And no ideas, no idea is too big? We do it? Is that John Taylor or Ari say that you know it comes down? Okay? Do you bring a paintball gun to the office? No, okay, I'm chilled out. What's your morning routine look like at the office. I just want to like a full visual. You walk in, you got your coffee waiting. It's like, what's it look like?
Speaker 5: I get there pretty early and just candidly. I do an alcoholics anonymous meeting from eight to nine on zwing up my desk. I'll be great, You're soberthday, congratulations, and so I get my mind right and then people start to come in around them between eight and nine, and then we're off to the races.
Speaker 1: I spend a lot of time on the phone. That's not a meme. Agents on the phone a lot, Yeah, but they're a call away of coffee, good pretty decent coffee, not on your level, not on our level. Ta's coffee or you make your own, or downstairs has good coffe. Coffee.
Speaker 2: JT during COVID was my barista. Yeah, cyber and coffee. I'm finding it hard to drink coffee as the older I get. Man, I'm thirty three, as you know, of course, almost thirty four and I don't think I can drink coffee anymore.
Speaker 1: It's over. I think it's over. My relationship with coffee has come to an end after a good, solid run. That sounds like a tragedy. Twenty years it.
Speaker 7: Was red Bull first, that's coffee.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't work. Today.
Speaker 2: I had a coffee on the plane and it got me jacked up again. It felt crazy, So I'm shifting. There's been you heard it here first, which is another chance for an ad than it once peptides peptiz I did that.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. I'm blinding that green tea is a better caffeine source for me. Doesn't green tea? I could be wrong here, have more caffeine.
Speaker 2: It's the it's the bean of the coffee bean that I'm kind of at war with it.
Speaker 1: It's a steadier it's a steadier caffeine. But he also only drinks iced americanos. So if we're going to get in the coffee debate, maybe you're drinking the wrong coffee. It would be my argument. I'll try it one more time. There's a great barista gonna at the show today. You should try his coffee. I'll give it you try not before the show if you're having a hard time. Look who's talking. Don't you have like two Americans and in the GC me having an issue.
Speaker 5: Yes, I support you doing whatever you need to do to feek you in your body that.
Speaker 1: You appreciate it. Facts. Okay.
Speaker 2: So something interesting about Greg Garbowski is that he as we went before I can remember anything, and before you guys came on, we were talking about how the three of us have different versions of a lot of stories that we've all been a part of. Is there a particular story or thing that we all look at and say, oh, this happened this way, it happened this way. But you know the truth about because you don't forget anything, is there I feel like you guys get your dates pretty wrong?
Speaker 1: Like you guys, there's like a black hole.
Speaker 7: We were five years ago. I'm like, that was fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: I just said Jack was many years. It took him many years later he joined the band. That's insane.
Speaker 7: It is there one particular story? I mean, where where do.
Speaker 1: We write much better? For instance? Or where where do we write now? Games?
Speaker 7: Games? We wrote?
Speaker 2: Before you answer, where do we write it? Joe Bob Mason's living room.
Speaker 1: That's how I remember it, Kevin, I wasn't there clip it me neither.
Speaker 7: That's correct.
Speaker 1: We wrote it in the grand piano in the living room.
Speaker 7: August of two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: What was the date? You know it? It's August it was something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's very close. Yeah, I think you're right because it was the Jesse McCartney tours.
Speaker 1: A day off the Jesse McCartney tour. There you go. I wasn't sleep next to you that night in bed.
Speaker 7: I slept in a bunk bed, I think with alex noise in the room, in the room, I.
Speaker 1: Thought, I see my memory? Was it you and I shared a bit?
Speaker 3: I will say, I give you so much incredible like credit to stick around with us for so many years when we obviously had a financial issues and other things, and.
Speaker 1: We were like, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: There's the holiday in on Route three forty six, Route three right by the little falls.
Speaker 1: That's the one that you guys stayed at, right, I would stay there from time to time. I stayed on couch. Right.
Speaker 3: The fact you're in a band, being paid as a musician, and like living on.
Speaker 1: Being paid is being paid? Well, Yeah, okay, so said.
Speaker 2: Sometimes show of appreciation for all of sacrifice and staying by your side through all of the craziness, we got you beautiful.
Speaker 1: Tends to give those out for business relationships. That's an important business interesting. You know what they say, you got to learn how to golf in business. Yeah, you gotta be good. Half half a phone call away from medical arrangement. I wasn't there. I know, I maybe it was. I just don't remember being there. Maybe I just don't remember it. I think you were publishing on the song. Now I was there, you were there. Now you were there.
Speaker 8: I remember you saying like just a couple of days ago, like you don't remember like almost anything.
Speaker 1: I have like very big gaps in my memory. Why do you think that is trauma? I'm actually not kidding, Like I've unpacked, so we don't think you're kidding. I've unpacked it with my therapist.
Speaker 3: There's like I think so much was going on and I wanted to like I was fighting against the machine for so bad, like being at that age where I felt like I was older and I should be like able to go do whatever.
Speaker 1: I want to be.
Speaker 3: I would theoretically be in college. That was my argument to my parents constantly, which was like the machine No no no, like the Jonas Brothers, where everything had to be In my opinion, I had to live the same life as like a twenty one year old that I was living a like a sixteen year old's life.
Speaker 2: And we talked about getting our dentists on the pod, but I think we should get our therapists on they should all that would be great self chat compare.
Speaker 1: I was constantly anytime I'm on Zoom with her, I like my goal and I think Greg and I we spoke about this. You can get your therapists to laugh you feel like you did something like really like a big achievement, or if I can figure something about her personal life. I know this is not why therapy exists. And trust me, I also get therapies and it's great and I love it. Shout out mental health, but like, okay, well you know, you know, you don't have nothing to talk about it. And also I saw like she had like a banner from a marathon. I was like, oh, she's a runner, and I'd like try to sneak that into the conversation. That is, you know, as a parent, you get it. Why are you trying to make your therapists laugh? Are you trying to humanize your therapist to make it more on your same level? I'm a Leo. It's a little piece. It's a little Leo code and it's will people please? You know?
Speaker 2: But you.
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: That is wild. You can learn something about your therapist a little bit. I don't know, there's like I can't remember. Everybody remember that.
Speaker 2: If you also have weird things of trying to get your therapists to laugh, or if you're out the personal life, you can tell us at the at the at Hey Jonas podcast.
Speaker 1: Make me feel seen.
Speaker 2: Wan want to hear about your relationship with your therapists and and weird stuff too, because it's.
Speaker 1: Important share a therapist.
Speaker 5: But hey, we used to we used to call away.
Speaker 1: That's great. It's like on Dennis trying to make you know, a small talk with your mouth wide open with tools in it. I play golf with my dentist. Yeah, I lovest I play golf with your dentist. Yeah, we're talking about.
Speaker 5: We talk about h life and and love and the pursuit of happiness.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. Yeah, he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: We have some questions in our fun question bowl, which today is.
Speaker 1: Uh an eight ball.
Speaker 2: Nice clarifying.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask a question. I'm gonna go with Greg Grabowski.
Speaker 7: You're ape first hit me.
Speaker 1: If you could be invisible for a day, what's the first thing you do?
Speaker 6: If I could be invisible for one day, what's the first thing I would do?
Speaker 7: Play bass for the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 6: And and turn down your your modern, your current day. Basically, Wow, No, I'm kidding. He's actually incredible and I'm very very happy that he took my spot because he's better than me.
Speaker 1: What would I do?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it'd be fun to like mess just be like yeah, just go around like messing with people. Yeah yeah, still some chips off. We're in Vegas, so still some chips off the table.
Speaker 7: To a graveyard and like blow on people and.
Speaker 8: Fun.
Speaker 1: When I was like blowing people like I was thinking of the dead people, I was like visiting the graveyard people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm haunting.
Speaker 1: Okay, like it's a hauntsome people. Oh this is great. JT. What app do you waste the most time on? I mean, well, just pull up your screen time. Let's see it.
Speaker 5: My screen time is going to say that I'm on text messages more than anything.
Speaker 1: But you're not wasted, you're working my screen time.
Speaker 5: I also going to say it's like thirteen or fourteen hours a day, so I don't pull that up because it's depressing wasted time. I probably waste the most time on Instagram because I really don't care about anything that's on there.
Speaker 7: Can we tell the story of when you guys had a text off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great in OHI? Well what do you mean?
Speaker 7: Text?
Speaker 1: Was this John Joe fight? First? We were just retreat.
Speaker 5: We were at the we were at Ohi, we were at the Ohio Valley End. We shot out Ben cap Hart, General.
Speaker 1: Went to high school with them, blacked out the keyboard twos.
Speaker 2: They couldn't see, yeah, which keys they were hitting, so they just had to do it off.
Speaker 7: We gave them a sentence and they had to type it and see who typed it faster? Should we do one right now?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm still pretty quick.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid of nothing less typos and the track.
Speaker 1: I can go for it. Let's go a little rest Joe. Yeah, I'm a little rested, all right. Well he John doesn't know is that's a lot? Okay? Greg or BASKI here you go me again. Oh no, not you, Jack, Sorry, if only slated tomorrow. What's the first thing you'd show them?
Speaker 7: I'd show them the drums I have in my basement.
Speaker 1: Check you know what I got? You travel like seven hundreds in my basement. Can't show them a dog or something? How cool was this? Jack got these parad We got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: You, you and your wife recently moved back to New Jersey.
Speaker 8: We did so excited about the greetings from your hometown that you actually made the actually kind of almost at it. I moved next to my hometown.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of you. Thank you, so exciting. It's very very speaking of the greetings from your hometown.
Speaker 2: Tour quick fire around here for the ogs who have been at every tour, favorite tour that that we've ever all done, both in the capacity you were in the band, but also in this new capacity. John burn Up to burn Up Tour Jack twenty nineteen, and that happened to one.
Speaker 7: I wasn't on stage for Jack come Back when you.
Speaker 2: Were all there.
Speaker 7: Everyone was still there, still there there, I'm kidding.
Speaker 6: Just there was something Oh man, I don't know, I mean, there was something crazy about this original anti drug school tour.
Speaker 1: Eight am loading it.
Speaker 7: You had no idea who we were.
Speaker 8: And the come up tour too, like the twenty two thousand and seven like we played like every six flags.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and I was crazy.
Speaker 1: Ask me and my brother's a question. I think that's how I learned how to sleep on any moving vehicle? Was that tour?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because I could just be going to coffin mode like you can.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, I'm asking you first. Okay, what's the weirdest DM You've ever received? And what's the weirdest DM You've ever sent?
Speaker 1: The strangest ones I've ever sent? You've probably sent me one like yeah, yeah, I probably sent you guys some weird ones some brain rot hanging out.
Speaker 6: Wait, speaking of brain rot, this is a slight pivot, but I got you guys something I just got back from Norway.
Speaker 7: I was in Norway last week asual, and I got us all brain rot trading cards.
Speaker 1: No way calling to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, So for everyone not understanding, so my kids are on roadblocks and that this is what this from. So they created these Italian brain rot game and it's completely insane, and you collect these in the in and they're just absurd.
Speaker 1: How do you even say this one?
Speaker 5: Gam Garamara ramar.
Speaker 1: Man, that's literally Paul Valentina, She'll do it. Man. Wow, this is great.
Speaker 7: It's my favorite thing in the entire tape with like a unicycle.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh got a rare guy here, I got the muscular banana. It's the best one.
Speaker 1: Oh, look, thank you for this.
Speaker 7: These are pretty cool. I got a toilet a toilet.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: I will say as we come to our you know, close to the end of our podcast time with you, I want to say thank you for all the memories clearly, but if you had to pick one thing that you felt it was the like the defining moment in our friendship, as like a as a thing that happened, what would have been?
Speaker 1: Those are individual thing what I mean, like for you, like just with Nick, you can pick one. Doesn't have to be you have to go down the line.
Speaker 5: Nick and I have a deep, deep connected relationship. I think I don't even remember what happened, but Nick was bummed out already.
Speaker 1: The three movie didn't do well. Prety movie didn't do well. I think it made twenty five million dollars. Didn't do very well. Right, because it was a comparison.
Speaker 5: It's a thief of joy, and we were comparing it to Miley's movie, and it was like Miley's movie was bigger, and if somebody was one better than we weren't the best. And that's that's a disaster in the way that we were wired at the time. Thank you, shout out mental health, shoutout therapist. But Nick was bummed and went over.
Speaker 1: To the house.
Speaker 5: You guys had a house like on the West Side or something, and we had no plan and we ended up going. Nick had a drum set set up like in the laundry room, and we just played loud ass.
Speaker 1: Rock and roll for three and a half hours. We were like the white stripes just I was.
Speaker 5: We dug in and we went hard and we just we we we played through the pane.
Speaker 1: So that was that. Joe and I took a honeymoon to Uh.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: We went to It was very romantic.
Speaker 5: They thought we were a couple and that was uh set up the massage room as a couple.
Speaker 1: Lake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got He did a m a casse like a station menu at a restaurant and you didn't drink and eighteen courses with eighteen glasses of wine.
Speaker 1: Drank the whole glass of the.
Speaker 5: Wine like ten or eleven gorses. We hit a lot of booze. He almost fell in a frozen leg. I saved his life. We ran into some sheep. We went to we took. I took a helicopter, took it to white Haven Beach.
Speaker 3: Can I say my my defining moment with you? You drove me to break up.
Speaker 5: I was about to say the same thing, Yeah, I drove you to break up with one of your girlfriends. She threw the cell phone across that you bought her, across the parking lot she bought And I thought about, she bought it for you. It's like a burner phone that she bought for you so that no one could because the machine that he was pushing against was raging again. He was raging against the machine talking. Threw that phone across the parking lot, and I saw her do it, and so I spun the car back around and peeled across the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Grabbed that phone, pulled the SIM card out of it. It was like, no one's getting those texts.
Speaker 6: Note, isn't that sort of what inspired you tossing the phone in the s S music.
Speaker 1: Video as you This is them all.
Speaker 7: I'm here, guys.
Speaker 1: Maybe sure why I'm here? I think probably that makes the most sense. Yeah, that's so great man on that one. And you're preus. That smelled like not cigarettes, but was cigarettes, funky cigarettes. Yeah, exactly. It was longer than fifteen years ago. Oh you guys. Time, just time to wrap this thing up. Guys. Yeah, I'll see in five minutes when we go down. Yeah, see you soon. Thanks, guys, that's so nice. Bye bye bye,