Speaker 1: MLBPA interim executive director Bruce Meyer with us. He leads the union, joining us live on FT right now. Bruce, thank you so much for the time. How you doing today.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I'm disappointed AJ is not here when I came on you. When I came on your shows the first time, he started out by busting MAINO. What's about appearing nervous? So I was I was looking to, you know, give it back to him. But there'll be time for that in the future. And he's with the Pope.
Speaker 1: He's busy with the Pope. That is exactly right, And yes, there will be time in the future and you can say whatever you want about him when he's not here, which is always great. So let's get into bizz a little bit here. Proposals being exchanged left and right with MLB and the Players Association. I'll start here with you, Bruce. I mean, the public sentiment is, oh, MLB is pushing a salary cap here. So can other things actually get accomplished because we're seeing all of these other details coming out right now or does that part need to be addressed or obviously for your side, I'm sure taken down to really get some work done.
Speaker 2: There are other things we can make proposals on. Both sides can make proposals on. We'll keep meeting. We made some proposals yesterday which you probably saw, relating to things like gambling and other things, and we'll be making proposals in the coming coming days and weeks on a number of things. So there are a lot of other things to talk about. But in terms of the core economic issues, it's very hard when we're into completely different universes. That's really the where we are at the moment.
Speaker 3: My question to you is the proposal that MLB just came up with, is that going to put more or less money in the player's pockets that there's been some kind of confusion about the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for asking you.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's maybe not entirely clear as some of the statements that the commissioners may in the league made their proposal would result in overall way less money going to players, Putting aside all the other things about a salary cap that we don't like that basically takes away the ability of players to structure their contracts or have full guarantees and all those other things. Just in terms of math, the proposal that the owners have made. Were their proposals in place for this year, players would have made over half a billion dollars less than they would make now. Stated differently, their proposed share of revenues, you have to look at how they define it and what they deduct off the top and what they count against players' share. If under their definitions, we already make an excess of fifty five of the revenues, so when they say we'll give you fifty, it's actually a massive reduction. That's the same in their amateur proposals. They're proposing hundreds of millions of dollars less in amateur signing bonuses, both domestic and international entry. I think it's four hundred million in year one, billions of dollars over time. So again, in addition to all of the other problems with their proposals, and there are many many, just as a matter of math, they're actually proposing not only players giving up fundamental rights, but a massive pay cup for players.
Speaker 5: You said, you said the languages are completely different that we're talking about in these two with the two sides, how can we get on the same page as far as like what players want and also what fans want and also what the owners want and create that same language within the context of what you were just talking about.
Speaker 2: I think there are some common interests, or there should be some common interests. We both have an interest in seeing that that the sport continues to grow. We both have an interest in seeing that fans have a good experience and are happy. We both have an interest in seeing that, you know, the game doesn't get shut down. Hopefully those common interests, you know, at the end of the day take precedence. But you know, I mean they've put something on the table that they know they know the last time they put it on the table led to a massive workstopage. I mean, they have chosen to put something on the table that they know players have fought against for decades, and it's actually worse than that. They've actually put together a proposal that's like a Frankenstein monster of the worst elements of all the other systems and actually then even made them worse. So they know what they're doing, and you know, at the end of the day, if they do a lockout, that's their choice to do that. So you know, we're going to bargain in good faith as we always do. We're going to listen to an analyze their proposals, but you know, these are choices that they've made to make these kind of extreme radical proposals. And having said that, we've made proposals, as you know, that we believe are designed to help players at all levels and we also think are in the best interests of the game and the fans. You know, their proposals for things like the salary cap. You know, they say, well, we're just listening to fans, but that's that's not true. I mean, they're they're trying to increase their profits and their franchise values. You know, threatening lockouts isn't in the interest of fans and telling teams that, well, you can't sign the guys that you think and your judgment are going to help the team because of a salary cap. That's not in the interest of fans. Having every fan focusing on a possible shutdown because of your proposals as opposed to celebrating the game is not in the interest of fans. You know, we have the All Star Game coming up again. It should be a celebration of the game. That's what players are focused on, and instead, because of the league's pr.
Speaker 4: And and and their proposals.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody is going to be talking about other things other than the players and the great game we have.
Speaker 4: So we we we made proposals also.
Speaker 2: That we think do reflect a common interest, and we made proposals to allow the league to share more revenues, to actually give the teams, the lower revenue teams, you know, more in revenue sharing. We think there are there are win wins there. We think that that addresses, you know, some of the concerns they've raised. But again, they've responded with a whole series of proposals that would effectively, you know, completely turn back the clock on decades of player rights, require players to take pay cuts, hurt the game in other ways by not allowing players to start their careers as early as they currently can. So look, right now, we're very far apart, but it's early and you know, we're going to keep meeting.
Speaker 4: At some point we'll have a deal, But right now we are where we are.
Speaker 3: You bring up fans a lot, and I think that they're getting tricked just a little bit here talking about parody. I mean, you see how good the White Sox team is doing compared to the Mets, who have all this money, have the highest payroll. The Brewers are still dominating and the Red Sox aren't doing well. So can you just enlighten us a little bit about you know, maybe the fans are getting tricked here. They want everything equal, but these lower level teams are absolutely doing what they do best and they're they're winning ball games.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Look, I always point out that the Brewers are literally the smallest market under our CBA where we have market square rankings, the Brewers are thirtieth out of thirty and they had the best record in baseball this year and they're doing great again this year. You know, Tampa is successful. So the notion that the lower revenue teams or the small market teams can't compete the problem is that a lot of those owners choose not to compete a lot of those owners are not doing everything they can to put the best team on the field every day and try for everyone.
Speaker 4: And the fans know this. I mean the fans, you know.
Speaker 2: I often say the league is saying, hey, we're just listening to fans, but they're not listening to the fans all around baseball who are literally chanting and holding up signs that they want their owners to sell the team because they're not trying to compete. You know, that part the league apparently is not listening to. So from our standpoint, every team has the ability to compete, and even under the current system, as you probably know, the lower revenue teams make massive amounts of money in subsidies from other teams, teams like the Dodgers and other teams, Hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars they get in revenue sharing, in luxury tax proceeds, in central revenues, and then they'll go out until the oh, you know, we can't afford to compete. Well, we actually see a lot of the financials, and the league requires us to keep it confidential, and the league is not volunteering to show those books to the fans. But you know, when a team says to their fans we can't afford it, very often, it's just not true. Every team in the league can afford to be competitive. It's really an excuse, and that's one of the reasons why they want the salary caps so badly, because the salary cap gives teams the ultimate excuse not to compete. You know, I'd like to sign this player, But you know, my hands are tied by the salary cap. I've referred to it as like an owner protection plan. It's it's anti competitive. It protects them from having to compete, and that's why at the end of the day, they want it in addition to increasing their their profits. So we made composals that we think will incentivize competition. We propose something called it a competitive integrity tax, which is really a reflection of the competitive balance tax, which penalizes teams for spending.
Speaker 4: This would actually penalize teams for not spending.
Speaker 2: We've made proposals to require teams that get revenue sharing money to actually have more requirements to have to spend it to make the team better, which is what revenue straring is supposed to be for. So again, we've made a lot of proposals that we think are in the interests of everybody, fans, players and the game to actually have a system that incentivizes teams to win and doesn't reward teams who are not trying to win.
Speaker 4: What do you see in those financials.
Speaker 5: I know you're not you're obligated to not discuss the financials, but what are things that you can tell us that we don't see as fans, or that the owners hide from fans that I have seen as an ex player when I was on when I was in the.
Speaker 4: PA, I'd said, there are a few things.
Speaker 2: I mean, the smaller market teams or the lower revenue teams in general, are the most profitable teams in baseball, the most profitable right. And again, we have a system now at revenue sharing which really doesn't make sense, which allows teams to get all these subsidies from the other teams and from Major League Baseball and not have to spend it to make the team better for the fans. So you know, that's a big thing. Again, I don't think fans know how much each team gets in those subsidies, central revenues, revenue sharing payments, and luxury tax proceeds. We've actually proposed in our last round of proposals, we've proposed to make it clear that teams should disclose those things to fans. How much they get in revenue sharing, how much they get in luxury tax proceeds, which are hundreds of millions of dollars that goes to the lower revenue teams. So I think, you know, if fans saw how much in the current system, Uh, those those teams actually get for the purpose of trying to help them compete, even though they they don't all use it for that. I think that would be very very eye opening. And again, our proposals would actually allow them to receive even more, but subject them to restrict the requirements to actually have to have to use the money for the intended purpose, which is to put a better team on the field. And I say, I'm sorry the eric, I'm sorry. This is one other thing, which is, you know, all the stuff around the ballpars now the battery in Atlanta, because they're sort of semi public. You know, a lot of information comes out about how much profit that they make. It's not complete information, but I think again a lot of teams are all trying to replicate, you know, the battery and generating more and more revenues from around the ballpark. So that's another thing that's not you know, that's not obvious or transparent to the public. Franchise values well, we haven't talked about that. I mean, that's where they end up making most of their money. I mean, that's generally public, although not the exact details. But you know, that's That's another thing that when you hear a team say, well, you know, we don't really make a lot of money, you know, they always leave out the massive appreciation in franchise value. As you see San Diego obviously a small market that decided it was going to go out and compete and turn the team around both on the field and in terms of you know, financial profitability, and was rewarded with this massive increase in franchise values.
Speaker 3: Talking about making more money, I'm a big guy on talking big market small market.
Speaker 4: I can't stand it.
Speaker 3: You know, at the end of the day, Like, listen, doesn't MLB want Dodgers and Yankees to be in the World Series? Don't they make more money off of that? I mean, listen, you don't want Otani playing, you know, for Kansas City or Judge going to Minnesota, Like, doesn't that help them make more money?
Speaker 2: I think, you know, Rob is actually that when I know in the Dodgers and the Yankees were in the World Series, he made some statements to that effect.
Speaker 4: But again, you know.
Speaker 2: We we we believe that every team should have the ability to compete, and we believe they do. You know, one of the things that I noticed, I mean, the owners that are out there telling the fans, oh, you have no hope, which again I've said before, I think it's just extraordinary. I mean, they should be promoting the game instead of telling fans our product that we're selling to you is broken.
Speaker 4: That's just you know, that's just appalling. But you know, in fact, you.
Speaker 2: See the biggest attendance increases over this CBA are in the smaller market teams. Eight of the add of the ten biggest increases in attendance are among the lower revenue teams. So you know, those fans don't seem to think it's not worth showing up to the wallpark, notwithstanding the fact that the owners and the commission's office are trying to tell them, you know, don't you know you have no hope? You know, Athletic did a poll recently showing asking fans to the extent to which they're optimistic about their teams, widespread optimism, including big markets, small markets. The league seems like they would almost rather you know, fans stay away and be negative about their teams. It's a very very strange way to promote the game. So yeah, I mean, I mean, look, you could say economically it's better for this team to be in the World Series or better for that team, and then that may or may not be true. But we're we're we believe baseball already has better competitive balance than any of the salary cap sports, and again we've made proposals that we think will further enhance them.
Speaker 1: Hey, one thing that was just thrown out there was the prop bet discussion, and Bruce, just being real with you, I really like prop bets. I roll with that all the time. So I'm curious was that something that was expressed to you as a big concern from players. I know that players have had, you know, issues with threats and all of that, but but also if somebody loses a regular bet with a team, they're going to be pissed at that player too. So just curious because it definitely affects money and affects some fans, you know, interest in the game.
Speaker 2: We have other people who are who are focusing on this area. But in general, I would say yes, as you know, I mean, players are are more and more uh the target of you know, threats and harassment based on based on gambling. Uh, you know, it's not all based on prop bets. But but we think and the players generally feel that that increases the I would say, you know, the frustration level of fans. I mean, you're right, you know, if you if you lose a game, you're you're going to be upset. If you bet on a game and the team loses, they're gonna be upset. But if you bet on a strike and the pitcher throws a ball, I mean, that's going to be directed entirely at that player as opposed to the team. And so we think, you know, it's again in the interest of our players, and I do think the players generally feel this way that that was not an option. Yeah, I mean to the extent gambling increases interest in the sport generally, that's a good thing. But you know, everything is a balance, and that's one area where we think we can make the situation better for players who are increasingly the target of those kinds of threats and harassment.
Speaker 1: A s Geek is MLB's official ticket marketplace, and in addition to finding every single game on the MLB calendar, there are big events coming up soon.
Speaker 6: There's an All Star game, there's a home run Derby. And if you think you're perfect and you can pick the right seat at the home run derby to get the most home run balls you can get the little green dot and that might be your lucky seat. Don't go red dot, though, because you might not get any balls. But go red green dot and get as many home run balls as you think you can catch.
Speaker 1: Yep, you click the seat, you check out what your view is. Each ticket's rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're getting a good deal. And that's what AJ's talking about. Green good, red bad. With those dots and the code for you Territory one zero for ten percent off your next set of tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off any MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description of this episode that'll help you download the app and then get the code automatically added to your account so that you can use it later. Thank you to see Geek Bruce. Two items over the last couple of weeks that peaked my interests that were revealed in some of this back and forth. One I think affects everyone, especially fans blackouts. To me, it read as if accept some of this stuff and then we'll get rid of blackouts, and of course I'm going to give the fan perspective here. Wait, so we can get rid of this, but we just don't want to unless someone gets their way. So that's one. And the second one that I felt with this is I have a lot of ends and have covered a lot of players that come from Latin American markets, and it sounded like there was actually a really interesting plan in place to work more with places like the Dominican Republic on limiting some of the chaos that goes down there with young kids and the trainers and all of that. And I'm like, again, wait, can't we already be working harder on that. So curious for your thoughts on both of those matters. That really hit home for me. I know we talk so much about the big stuff, but this is big too that I feel like sometimes get swept under the rug.
Speaker 2: So in terms of blackouts, look, we have an interest and we have hopefully a common interest with the league in giving all our fans the opportunity to watch every game they can. That's just, you know, fundamental in terms of servicing our fans and increasing the popularity sport. The fact of the matter is we the players and the players Association have no control over that. I know the league came out with a suggestion that, well, you know, somehow trying to the plane to the players, like, if we would only agree to a salary cap, they can get a bit of blackouse. We have no seat at the table in terms of the good TV negotiations. Blackouts ultimately emanate from territorial restrictions that the league. What's that the club's put on each other, So you know, we have no direct control over that. The notion that they can't fix it without a salary cap, frankly is absurd to the extent they're saying, well, we could fix it if we were able to share our media revenues. Even if that's true, and I'm not sure it is, our proposal would allow them, the proposal we made a few weeks ago would allow them to share I think it's around ninety percent or more of their media revenues, so they can do that without a salary cap. I think it's just a very sort of obvious pr strategy to come out and say somehow this is the player's fault and somehow this has some thing to do with you know, the existence or non existence of the salad camp. That's that's just that's just not true in terms of the international system, So, you know, a complicated issue. They just made a set of proposals which would were absolutely horrendous, I have to say, just to be blunt, like a lot of their proposals, I think they were roundly seen that way by the entire community, including apparently by people on their side. Sure, there are a lot of things going on in those countries, the dr that you know, we don't.
Speaker 4: Like to see.
Speaker 2: I will say that the cause of those problems at PACE is the clubs. I mean, the clubs have created those issues and now they're saying, oh, you know, here's the only way we can fix it. And what they've proposed, we believe, is just dramatically negative for the international players. I mean, putting aside of the existence or non existence of a draft itself, I mean they've proposed, you know, increasing the age which an international player or Latino player can start with really no protection for that player or no support you know, for what that player is going to do from seventeen to eighteen. They also proposed in their proposal a couple of weeks ago, to effectively eliminate an entire year of international signings. They proposed to reduce the number of players who get picked. They proposed to reduce the amount of money a player who doesn't get drafted can get. You know, just just an absolute, you know, nightmare on multiple levels. Not good for players in any respect. We haven't yet made a proposal on international entry or domestic entry. We will do that less time, as you know. We at some point at the end, we actually did make a proposal for the first time that would have included a form of national draft and at other features like protections against a drop in signings for for particular countries, you know, other protections for players and joint things to come back corruption. Uh, the league wasn't interested in any of those things. And also the league's proposal at the end of the day was really discriminatory financially towards towards the Latino players to.
Speaker 4: A point where you know, we weren't able to make an agreement. So we'll be making proposals.
Speaker 2: We think there are ways other than the draft to address some of those issues. But at the end of the day, you know, we're not going to agree to anything that's that's going to screw you know, those players or any other players. And and that's in argue, what what the league has proposed?
Speaker 4: What is the PA's.
Speaker 5: Answer to payroll disparity, because I feel like that's what fans in the MLB PR system has has brainwashed fans for what is the PA's answer to that, to that payroll disparity in the game right.
Speaker 4: Now, there's there's payroll disparity. There's always been payroll disparity.
Speaker 2: They were complaining about the Yankees, you know, in the early two thousands. You can find quotes from a lot of the same people, some of the same owners. Oh my god, what are we going to do? You know, the Yankees or nobody's ever gonna be able to to beat them? And we need a salary cap. I mean that was twenty five years ago. The Yankees have won, you know, one World Series since two thousand and nine. I think the Mets, you know, I think the second biggest payroll. I think I said this on your show last time. I grew up a Met fan.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't rit for any particular team, but I watched the Mets every night, and sadly, you know, they're not doing very well, and they haven't won a World Series in forty years. So you know, just to say there's payroll disparity doesn't tell you anything about about competitive balance. The other thing about payroll disparity is that it can be a self fulfilling thing. You know, if the Pittsburgh Pirates or the Miami Marlins decide we're not going to spend, we're not going to run a healthy payroll, we're going to pocket the revenue sharing money we get, then you know what, that increases payroll disparity. So part of the payroll disparity is actually self fulfilling from the teams that don't want to spend. There was a poll, again, it was an athletic poll just you know, I think a week ago. And again when the league says we're listening to fans, they're very selective and what they listened to. But literally there's a question who do you believe is primarily responsible for the sports wide spending disparity? And two thirds of the fans said the owners who spend too little. You know, only eighty percent said something other than the players who stand in the way of a salary cap. So again, you know, ay roll disparity, and we also have disagreements with the way that the league measures it, and you know how they how they come out and measured. But look, baseball is unique baseball. One of the beauties of baseball is there a lot of different ways to construct the team, a lot of ways to win. You know, teams like the Dodgers are good not just because they can sign free agents, but because they develop players, because the way they scout players. The lower revenue teams actually have built in advantages in terms of the entry system. So so you know, there are a lot of things to it. It's very it's very simplistic to say, well, you know, ayroll disparity is bad in baseball. We've managed to have competitive balance notwithstanding some degree of payroll disparity. And look, the last thing I'll say is, you know, we hear this from players. It's like, well, if the problem is there are some teams that are choosing not to spend, I mean, that's an owner problem.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We may propose that we think will help fix that. But for the lead to say, well, you know what, this is an owner problem, but we're going to fix it by taking taking things out of your pocket or taking away your guaranteed contracts or taking away your freedom and flexibility. That doesn't make sense to players. So yeah, that's probably a long enough answer.
Speaker 1: No, that makes sense. And my follow up to this is because yeah, I mean, we're on every day and we hear from from fan bases that are like, hey, i'm my team's not spending enough. How do we fix this?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And the plan being proposed is well, we do a cap, then there's a floor, and now finally we will force your owners to spend money. So is the hold up here for years just that there are too many people on the other side of what you're fighting for that say, hey, we want to keep limiting the spending and not being told what to do right, Just like we are in a discussion right now of hey, MLB wants to limit player salaries and limit what teams can spend, the other side saying, well, I don't want to be forced to spend the money that's coming into me, right, because if that was going on for a long time, if someone has a team, right, a fan of a team that is doing well that year, they just want to know they're going to push their chips in for investing in the offseason or at the trade deadline. I guess the point I'm getting to here Brusus, like, why can't we get there? It seems like MLB is pushing the cap and like you've mentioned, the players are not going to give in on that. So can we actually make any progress this time around to get those teams to actually spend more money so fans are happier.
Speaker 2: The problem with the floor, and you know, I may have said this before, but the union we're not against the floor. The problem is what it comes with. And the league has made very clear for decades and again you know recently that in their view of floor does not come without a cap. In fact, they've gone further and said to us, every dollar in a floor would have to be paid for somewhere else. So their proposals are at best just moving money around, while they're actually reducing all the all the players' money, and then just moving money around. You know in our view that that doesn't do it. And yes, they want that system not because they're concerned about competition. They want it because it's going to hold down their labor costs and increase their profits and their franchise rights. So so again the problem with the floor is from their from their standpoint, Well, in terms of what they propose is what it comes with. It comes with just taking money from teams that want to spend it and giving it to other teams. It doesn't really solve anything for us actually damaging to players and we.
Speaker 4: Think to the game.
Speaker 2: You know, another thing is you know, in this this may be getting more technical capology. You know, a lot of people focus on the floor they proposed and the cap they proposed on a team level, but at the end of the day, it's less important than the overall amount because they proposed an escro system. You know, last year, the NBA players had to give back to the owners five hundred million dollars of their supposedly guaranteed contracts because the revenue didn't need projections. So in what the league has proposed, you know, those numbers, I'm not going to say they're meaningless, but at the end of the day, you know, that's not even a real floor because players could be required to give back some of that money under the escrow system that they proposed. Now again we've made proposals. In our last round of proposals, we proposed you could call it a kind of soft floor, but it's really just a parallel to what they have with the luxury tax. We proposed again, you know, you're penalizing teams for spending for trying to put a better team on the field. You should have a penalty for teams that aren't trying to put a better team on the field.
Speaker 4: So we propose that. We think that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: We proposed again requirements that would affect every team, not just the revenue sharing pages the lower revenue teams, but we also proposed requirements for teams that get that money to spend certain amounts of it or otherwise.
Speaker 4: Have to give some of it back.
Speaker 2: We propose rewarding the lower revenue teams who actually go out and finish five hundred and go out and make the playoffs. Teams like the Brewers, we propose giving them more money as a reward for being competitive. So we make proposals, and we think there are ways to address this. But the league's only proposal to address this issue has been, you know, again, tap everything, take money from one team, give it to another, move money around. Oh and, by the way, turn it into a system where every dollar that a player gets has to come out of the pocket of another player, all right.
Speaker 5: Last one, Bruce talking about competitiveness and parody and those things. When you hear the owners say we're going to strictly we're going to restrict deferred money no more referred. We're going to restrict the lengths of contracts, and we're going to restrict players getting into professional baseball a year or two years later. Does that improve the game of baseball that fans are going to watch?
Speaker 4: Well? I mean the last point you raised is easy, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, their proposal to eliminate high school eligibility and basically have a twenty year age requirement. I mean, it literally prevents the best players from from playing from you know, it prevents the fans from seeing the best players. And we can all think of examples, you know, whether it's Bryce Fauper, Mike Trout, players who would not have been playing in the major leagues under their proposal.
Speaker 4: I mean, how can that possibly be good for the game.
Speaker 2: It's bad for fans, bad for the game for fans not to be able to see the best players, whoever they are and whatever age they are, you know, at any given time. In terms of limiting you know, limiting deferred complexibility, like deferred compensation. They proposed to eliminate it completely. Uh, you know, will respond to that at some point. But I think a common theme is all of their proposals are designed to remove control from players, to basically take control of a player's careers.
Speaker 4: Out of their hands.
Speaker 2: Uh, limiting you know, flexibility in every way they can, whether it's out of structure contracts, whether it's how much you can you can get paid, whether it's limiting the length of a contract, whether it's effectively limiting the guarantees, whether it's limiting the flexibility to get a deal done, but by doing some kind of deferral, which every team can do. Yeah, it's just a common thread throughout all their proposals, which is to you know, have have a control state, you know where where Central Baseball basically controls everything the players do and everything you know, they and their agents can do together. We're in fame were of you know, player empowerment, player flexibility, and ultimately, you know, I'll just say, going to your point about what's good for fans, it was interesting that a lot of their proposals to eliminate things like or limit performance posts is that's one of their proposals or limit the length of contracts, or limit small market teams have used those things to sign to and retaine a lot of their players. So literally is tying the hands of clubs, including those small market clubs that want to retain their youngest players and a lot of them.
Speaker 4: You know, I've been able.
Speaker 2: To do that Bobby Wit and Julio Ramirez, and you know there are many more examples, but the league's proposals would have actually prevented the clubs from retaining those players. So yeah, at the end of the day, we don't think any of it is good for the game or good for fans.
Speaker 1: Oh this was super helpful, Bruce, And I'll end on like a fun light note question here for you when you're in these conversations. It's right because we haven't spoken to you since, like the real proposal back and forth is going on? Anyone ever crack a joke? Is there anything to just humanize the situation.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna say I'm not going to say never, but it's not exactly a left right Yeah.
Speaker 4: We uh, you know, we're generally pretty civil.
Speaker 2: Frankly, our last meeting without getting into you know, stuff set across the table got a little spirited, got a little spirited. So yeah, I'm not going to say that there's a lot of backslapping and yucking it up going on, but in general we're.
Speaker 4: Very professional and civil with each other, as as you might have menaged.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: If something funny happens, I'll be the first be first to let you.
Speaker 1: Yet, yes, please do right, Please jump back on for it, and and don't be a stranger. This stuff's helpful because you know, we feel like we're on the outside and want to get as much IMPO as possible. We always invite, you know, MLB to send a rep to to talk to us as well. So Bruce, thank you so much for doing this. Really appreciate the time and enjoy the weekend. We'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 4: Thank you, so Hi to you. Jae