Speaker 1: You feel like you're in a playoff game in the divisional round, but yet also a long time ago at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's been a pretty quick year. It feels like we were just in the playoffs and like we were just in Philly and all that. So it's gone fast.
Speaker 3: Have you ever met Jordan Love?
Speaker 4: How familiar are you with his game?
Speaker 2: I haven't met him. I know guys that have, and everyone respects him. I respect him obviously for what he's done and just the situation that he's been in, you know, playing behind Aaron for a number of years and and then coming in and you know, sort of proven to himself and everybody like who he is. So definitely respect his story and his game and everything and how he's handled himself.
Speaker 4: So yeah, do you feel different this.
Speaker 5: Year just having had playoff experience last year, having gone through it, and now having that under your belt going into.
Speaker 4: Your second time around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's a little different, you know, just last year, you know, still trying to find my way in a sense, you know, I got thrown towards the end of the year, and and so every single week I was, you know, still trying to play good and learn, you know, who I was as a quarterback and and obviously get more familiar with playing within the system. So those are all things that were sort of on my plate last year, and then obviously trying to win every single week and get this team to the to the end. And so now I guess this year just being more familiar with the offense, who I am and all that. It's it's a little different, but it's good to sort of, you know, watch the games from last year and sort of remember, you know, just the feeling and the emotions of you know, playing in a playoff game.
Speaker 4: It's it's good. It's you know, huge.
Speaker 2: For me as a quarterback to you know, go back to those moments and sort of remember what it feels like. So those are things that I'm sort of banking on. Yeah, I feel like, you know, the first game was a little bit tense, you know, just in terms of you know, every play mattered, you know, not trying to turn the ball over and but at the same time, you know, making plays still and winning and doing what it takes to win.
Speaker 4: So those were things I.
Speaker 2: Sort of had to learn, you know, and watching the film it's sort of, you know, you get back into that that feeling of last year and the first time in a playoff game, and so it's sort of good to remember those kinds of things moving forward, you know, sort of under understanding what to expect, you know, for the first playoff game this year.
Speaker 1: For me, at what point in the game on Sunday, did you kind of feel like, okay, we are going to be playing the Packers and.
Speaker 3: Start to wrap around that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you never know.
Speaker 2: You know, at the end, the Cowboys were making a push and so you never really know, but you know, after they got up and then the third quarter they were up pretty big, I was like, Okay, I think this is gonna probably be be the team. But like I said, you never know. When the Cowboys started to come back and I was all right, and so you're just watching and then you know, obviously the minute the clock said zero, it's like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be the Packers.
Speaker 2: So it was a it was a great game to watch, and you know, they came out ready to play against the Cowboys, and manned they they.
Speaker 4: Played really well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess third quarter I started thinking we're gonna play the Packers.
Speaker 3: I watched tape of when the fort Nitors played in Lambeau a couple of years ago in the playoffs, And do you remember maybe watching it live?
Speaker 2: I guess when you're h Yeah, all I remember in that game in college was the end, like the block punt and all that kind of stuff. It was crazy, but and it just being really cold. But we've watched a couple of plays and stuff from that game and sort of just seeing the environment playoff football in Lambeau with the snow and all that. I mean, what a what a crazy game. So but yeah, just the history of these two organizations and the playoff games and stuff, it's pretty cool to to, you know, say that I get to play in the in that game now, So I'm excited for it.
Speaker 3: Kyle worked you pretty hard during the bye week. What was the process? What kinds of things did you guys work on. Did you feel like it was a productive.
Speaker 4: Use of your time? Yeah, it was a It was a great off week. Obviously.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like, you know, you're gonna have a bunch of days off to just go do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Like it was.
Speaker 2: You know, we got we came in every day, got good work in so obviously getting after it with the playbook and and little fundamentals you know for myself that I need to get better at, you know that that have popped up on film and stuff throughout the year. So we just want to keep hammering away at those things. And then just getting in that you know, competitive nature with our defense. Obviously Fred across on the other side of the ball, and and competing and so we definitely got some good working and you know, Kyle and and Greasy and all those guys pushed us on offense, you know, throughout the week.
Speaker 4: So I thought it was a really productive week.
Speaker 1: Well discount to your no, discount to your scout team. But how much more do you get out of going up against the ones?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's huge.
Speaker 2: Obviously they fly around, they're really disciplined with their drops and stuff. You got the crazy defensive line that we have, and and they're push in the pocket. So you put all those things together, man, it's it's really good work that you can get out of it. So and then obviously just the like I said, the competitive nature. You know, you feel your blood starts to pump a little bit when you're going against Dre and Fred and and both off the edge and the secondary that we have.
Speaker 4: So it's, uh, it's always fun.
Speaker 5: Like some of the you know, hype around that, you say, like specifically, does it affect your effect in the game and does that experience help you go into.
Speaker 2: This Yeah, I mean yeah, just it being a primetime game, Christmas Day and all that kind of stuff, and then you know, we sort of had two really good plays in the beginning of the game, and the stadium's feeling it, everybody's feeling good, and then boom, you make a mistake. So it gets something for me. It's huge to be able to get in that kind of moment and remember those kinds of things for as tough as they were and how bad as I felt after.
Speaker 4: Man's that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, it can help you if you're allowed to to go back, I can watch it on film and be real with yourself about those moments and what it takes to play quarterback at this level and be successful and play consistently and make the right decisions consistently. So those are all things that I took account from that game that I think I got better at. And honestly, we're gonna find out, you know, the playoffs coming up and in this game. So yeah, I thought I took some stuff away from it. But at the end the day, we're gonna find out on Sunday or Saturday touchdowns and.
Speaker 3: A way higher percentage on your first possession than any other percentage any other possession in the game.
Speaker 4: Kyle says he doesn't care one way or the other. He thinks they're all important.
Speaker 3: But do you feel any different in the first possession? I mean, why, how do you account for the fact that.
Speaker 1: You guys have been so good at scoring touchdowns for the first.
Speaker 3: Time you get the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's a lot of things that go into that, but I mean I think at the end of the day, it's football.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a physical sport.
Speaker 2: So I mean we're all juiced up and ready to go for the first drive. And just our mindset with getting on a team, you know, pretty quickly and doing the little things right from the jump. That's a big emphasis that we have here. So that's something I think we've done well. And then obviously our scheme and stuff, the plays that we we know we're gonna call for the first drive, those are all things that you can prepare for and it helps you out as a player. So I think all those things added up together. That's why you've seen us, I think, have success early on. So we gotta I mean honestly, every drive matters, just like Kyle said, Man, so is that something that we got to go into the game. So we have to like every game is different. Obviously we won't score every time we touch the ball.
Speaker 4: But yeah, take.
Speaker 3: Away from your sit down with Steve Young and did you consider that informative or useful in any way?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Obviously he was sort of you know, asking me some questions and stuff about you know, my process, how I think and all that. But you know, he had some really good just ideas and things that he said, and and good perspectives on just the game in general. And so you can tell obviously he was successful just by the way he thinks and and uh, how he views life and stuff. I think all of that put into one man. That's the reason why he is the way he is. And so to be able to sit down with him was very honored. And yeah, I thought it was pretty cool that he was asking some really good questions, not just the generic stuff.
Speaker 4: So and then after getting.
Speaker 2: To be able to talk to him and and uh just talk about ball and everything, and the fact that he has my back and supports me and what I'm doing is pretty cool too.
Speaker 4: So sweet.
Speaker 2: How much taller are am I taller? I don't even know. Maybe an inch, I hope.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know, what are your thoughts on your younger brother as he's still coming.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, I mean, obviously there was a lot of the whole coaching turnover thing that just happened with you know, the head coach going to Arizona. So he's gonna, you know, sort of just I don't know, he's feeling it out still and he's got some decisions to make and I'm really excited for him and happy for him either way. So but yeah, if you can be in the Bay, that'd be pretty sweet, am my brother here.
Speaker 5: Green Bay's deepense had a couple of interceptions against Dallas.
Speaker 4: They didn't really have too many in the regular season.
Speaker 3: Did they show anything differently and how they played Dallas or maybe more aggressively? What did you see in that department?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think there were just some really good plays made by their dbs, you know, Jy R. Alexander with his ball and steaks on on his one interception, and then number twenty six Savage coming down and making a good read on Dak and jumping a slant. I think, you know, I don't, I don't want to, you know, say anything on their behalf, but I mean it looks like it's playoff football.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: They're they're aggressive in what they're doing, and when they see an opportunity, they're willing to, like I said, be aggressive and take it. So those are all things I think we have to take account and for myself, you know, obviously with the ball in my hands every play. So they're guys that can make plays and I have to understand that. So it's gonna be a really good challenge getting out eighteen.
Speaker 1: How excited or how much are you pitching to just actually get back out.
Speaker 2: There and to get in Actually yeah, I mean it was weird, you know, seeing the whole team and all my guys, you know, just out warming up for the game and stuff, and I was like, man, I wish, you know, I was able to do it with them and stuff. So I'm glad honestly that we were able to get through that and and I was able to practice with them this week and I'm playing this week, so I'm really excited about that. But definitely was an itch for sure, but at the same time, being able to see the other guys get opportunities go in and play it was huge and and watched them play it.
Speaker 4: Was it was sweet.
Speaker 2: So but definitely ready for for this one.
Speaker 5: We will have animated sideline conversations. I mean, not like screaming at each other or anything, but you know, it gets tense and tight. Figure out what do they get I don't know, heated word, but exchanges like during the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean at the end of the day, we want to win and we're competitors at heart. He played this position, he played it well, and so he gets it. And you know, we're obviously very hard on ourselves at the quarterback position, and we have a standard that we have here and whenever I'm not playing at a level that I should be, he's the first to tell me, which I love. And uh, you know, as a quarterback, I want a coach who's real and and holds a standard and doesn't allow any you know, room for air and doesn't have any slack on us. Like if that were the case, man, I don't think i'd be playing good football, you know, I wouldn't be able to play at my full potential. And he helps me get to that and and centers me back on the mindset that we need to have. And honestly, he lights a fire you know in me throughout the game too, and reminds me of you know, the competitive uh nature that we need to have even though we're quarterbacks and stuff, like, we're the guys that can bring the juice to the offense. And so he's, uh, he's done that a lot throughout the year, and I respect that a lot from him. So anytime there's some animation on the sideline between us, it's I think a good thing too.
Speaker 1: So did you and Christian lean on each other? It seemed like you both had that mentality of like really really wanting to play, but you knew that you couldn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you guys leave on each other during that from a week eighteen or some up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean we yeah, yeah, I mean I think you know, we we had talked about it throughout the week and stuff, and obviously we understand what our end what the end goal is and the big picture of things, and so for him, obviously getting his body healthy and right, and then obviously keeping me healthy.
Speaker 4: Going into playoffs as well was huge.
Speaker 2: So those are things we both understood, and we both hammered away at, you know, the little things throughout the week. Obviously he came back looking great, you know, at practice and stuff. So but that's that's a professional right there. You know, you understand what we're trying to do. Obviously, we understood we had the first seed locked up, and and to go out and play for our team was awesome every every opportunity we get. But at the same time, we both understand that we have to be healthy, you know, going into playoffs, and so having his advice and help throughout that time was he and but we're both excited to obviously get through that and be healthy for this game.
Speaker 4: So we're excited for the opportunity. Thanks guys,