Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Padding Trend in Peru. There's a new Paddington movie coming out next year. We'll talk about it a little bit later on I Am Jack. That is Miles, Yeah, Top, We wanted to let you know about a couple of gofundmes that you can go contribute to one of our favorite Two of our favorite guests are are struggling. So first of all, Kenny DeForest, a very funny stand up comedian, just had his special come out a couple of months ago and was on the show, got into a bike accident on Friday night and is recovering in the hospital. But like brain surgery is happening, very very serious. So we're we're gonna link off to his GoFundMe. And also Kyle Ayres, who yeah, come on and talk to us about.
Speaker 2: His neuralgia, Yeah, trigeminal neuralgia. And he's he also has a gofund me, And I know they're keeping like luckily do it everyone's generosity.
Speaker 3: Both have hit their goals, but yeah.
Speaker 2: They're obviously you know, you know how the medical system works here. You use all the help they can get. So we will link that off to that in the footnotes, because I know y'all have heard them on the show and heard about, you know, their lives, especially with Kyle. He's he's talked about his disorder a few times while on here, and yeah, Kenny just really just been a really, really terrible accident and it's stable, but he's heavily sedated. So yeah, if if you're able to please consider donating, because you know, I know you guys have probably had a few laughs from them, and we just.
Speaker 3: Want to make sure we were showing up for them a laugh.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh Onto some trending shit that is not as important as that, let's see. The Takeout released their list of the nine worst fast food items of twenty twenty three, and Miles mm hmmm. One of the ones, one of the thing, one of the fast food items you like the best, or at least you said a positive thing about which one. Strawberry shortcake, strawberry shirt cake McDonald's mcflurry made the lift. Oh strawberry plaza over here?
Speaker 3: Oh no, what it was?
Speaker 1: April debut of the strawberry shirt cake mcflurry was a mysfire on every level, too flat, to bland, to one note, too monochromatic to vanilla and it stinks.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Jay Sherman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna lie about like it wasn't It wasn't the most exciting, but I was like, yeah, this shit was fine, Like, say, is the worst fucking thing of all of the whole year.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't go there. I wouldn't go there. I wouldn't go there.
Speaker 1: They also, like a lot of these are just look like fast food items that they got like a bad vert, Like they've got this Burger King's Mexican original Chicken sandwich, and I don't know if the coloring, like if they didn't get like a room tone or like a pan like what this ship looks terrible, but it also looks like it's just a poorly lit photograph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they gotta look it. They never fast food places don't expect.
Speaker 2: You to open the bun and actually see what the ship.
Speaker 3: Look at the ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you look at this, this definitely looks fucked up. And also I can't who would have thought that the uh, what is it? The dunkin Donuts breakfast tacos were.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean those look like absolute hell. I don't know those are ones that I could not. I can't really tell what they were going for because it looks like pita bread instead of a tortilla.
Speaker 3: Pa.
Speaker 1: And then the contents look like a teaspoon of scrambled eggs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And corn, it's like so weird. The ratios there's corn in there are terrible.
Speaker 3: Basically with those ratios, you are not getting in the club. Sorry. Uh.
Speaker 2: And that in the in the the tortilla look like a fucked up Gordida shell or something.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that one does look terrible.
Speaker 1: Strawberry strawberry shortcake. I'm still intrigued. Like most of these, I'm still pretty intrigued by the Wuah Wah pizza. Yes, please, I don't. I don't care what you say about it.
Speaker 3: I still need to go to wah Wah and get the sandwich. Yeah, I gotta get a.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you gotta get a from wa wa.
Speaker 2: See, this is why we have to go. We have to go on tour just so I can go have wa wah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're trying, We're trying.
Speaker 1: We'll see Arby's burn bourbon barbecue sliders look like shit in the picture, but not enough for me not to eat them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are these looks like shit in real life, and that he's bro I'm fucking mainlining Horsey sauce.
Speaker 1: Someone that seems like a unmistakable mythfire is Panera's cinnamon crunch bagel breakfast sandwich. I'm kind of uh impressed that the takeout did not put the charged lemonade that's killing people on the list.
Speaker 2: Easily right number one with a bullet, Yeah, get charge lemonade killed multiple people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Taco bells, vegan nacho sauce.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It looks fine to me, but yeah, nowhere to be seen the lemonade that kills people because got to pack your hat off when you know, uh, an effective viral stunt is an effective viral stunt, and people aren't talking about Panera less. Now tell you that.
Speaker 3: Did you see?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm pretty sure the CEO just as a fucking lovely topper to it.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 2: The was saying that workers don't care about providing shareholders value anymore. The ceo, yes, dude, mister murder mix, Yeah with the fucking the killer lemonade allegedly quote. This is the headline from Business Insider. Oh sorry, Panera founder says employees aren't motivated by the idea of making money for shareholders.
Speaker 3: Quote, nobody cares you, fucking loser. Are you serious? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, nobody cares about making nobody care.
Speaker 1: In the uh the jewelry billionaire Like who says he's losing sleep because he thinks people are warming for the extremely wealthy. Yeah, the cardier. Uh hair, I hope they both, you know, go live in a bunker together.
Speaker 3: And it's Yeah, it's just so funny.
Speaker 2: Like guy who has massive fortune based off of the extraction of wealth from workers says, like, they don't care about making me money no more. Yeah, the fuck is wrong with you, dude, Go have fucking nine lemonades.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: But the Panaria cinnamon crunch bagel, Like, I love the cinnamon crunch bagel. It is a like it's a doughnut, and to put scrambled eggs on it is a mistake. I will take ham on a sweet Thingamn.
Speaker 3: Ham works well.
Speaker 1: With sweetness, but eggs not so much for me.
Speaker 3: Like briddle is kind of the limit for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. Yeah, riddle, I do fuck with the mcbriddle. I guess I'm wrong here. I guess I guess I'm lying again, because it does sometimes work, and I'm a fucking liar because the mcgriddles the mcgriddles, which is supposed to use the plural. All right, let's talk about Trump's phone data because it may be used against him in court. The story like gave me real whiplash that special Counsel Jack Smith is planning to call an expert witness who is extracted and processed data from phones belonging to Trump and one unnamed person, which I was like, Yo, this is the silver bullet. He's old, he doesn't know how to use technology or like, you know, he's the sort of person who would like text someone and ask them if they could commit a murder for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's like which bomb to leave outside of d n C?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Like it just feels like dumb Watergate is like very possible if you have access to his phone. But then people are saying that it may not be like a real slam dunk because it remains unclear how much access he actually has to Trump's phone. The data may just be able to show when Trump's phone was unlocked and if Twitter was opened, suggesting whether or not he approved or sent the tweet attacking Pence during the January six riot, So I don't know that it goes for me being like, oh, yeah, like they got it asked to wait. They're just trying to prove he knew about tweets that were sent from his account when we're fucked yeah, not good, guys.
Speaker 2: The only potentially maybe I don't know if sexy is even the word. And at this point we can barely get aroused for Jack Smith anymore of these days.
Speaker 3: But you know, one of the big things is, you know, Trump's defense.
Speaker 2: He's like the Constitution that I have immunity as president for what I do as president, and that's been a huge defense, to the point where Jack Smith has appealed to the Supreme Court to be like, y'all need to fucking weigh in on this, Like let's just nip this in the bud, because this has ramifications for like everything.
Speaker 3: If someone some ass can be like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, as president, I can do whatever the fuck I want, we have to really figure that out. Figure that out. They have said that they would agree to consider it along with other things that people have wanted to have the Court here on an expedited basis, but they're also like, well, but and part of them is like, well, you know, maybe it's probably get it, like, have it circulate through the lower courts before it gets to us. And he and he also went to I believe, the district court in DC to also get them to make a decision to just try and fucking crank this thing.
Speaker 1: Up because it's tank talk soldier boy.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: And Trump didn't like that, but he doesn't like anything that looks like accountability.
Speaker 1: And he is winning in a landslide in the pall. So, uh, Doritos thinks we want nacho cheese flavored booze, and there may not be wrong.
Speaker 2: It's so I feel like such a fucking loser when I'm like, huh Dorito's flavored poison liquid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, okay, go.
Speaker 3: On, go on. But I don't know it.
Speaker 2: It's like anything, it's the nostalgia it gets me, you know.
Speaker 1: It's like it looks like a coloonbe bottle with the Dorito's logo on it. Empirical uh.
Speaker 3: And it's a Danish company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, company gave it a little Yeah, you gave it a little Spanish at Vibe, a Danish company. That's only like that's the only X. I don't know how to do Danish?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but do you do?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Apparently like this company that does it, they do a lot of like wonky flavor combos.
Speaker 3: And ship like that.
Speaker 2: So it's just like, in a way, like I like the idea, and I you know, and I don't mean like that I want it. But I'm like, okay, sure, let's be stupid and make doritos into an alcohol. But then I'm like, do I want to drink a fucking like the i'lllcohol equivalent of like sucking the dorito's dust off my fingers?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you do. Turns around. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back. And uh so Paddington announced it's U Paddington. This is the thing.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, first, what's.
Speaker 1: The Paddington franchise is like a thing that exists independent of the filmmaker who made those first two movies. They've got a third movie coming out called Paddington and Peru. And I was like, oh shit, that director has been busy. Turns out he's not back. The guy who directed the Wanka thing and the director of this film's previous work includes Coldplay, concert films, and a movie called let Me get this right? I think it's at and T Colon train like t r ai N what it's It appears to be like a piece of viral commercial. Yeah, I think it might be a commercial.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Just spawn con. Anyways, they're also announcing a stage musical opening in the UK. So, first of all, Paddington in Peru doesn't come out until twenty twenty five in the US. It comes out in twenty twenty four in the UK, but as payback for the Revolutionary War, they're they're holding it for a couple of months before they give it to us.
Speaker 2: Oh oh dude, he did the whoa, this just tick me back. He directed the music video for Benny Benasi's satisfaction set it Bird or rubber berb.
Speaker 3: You know that song?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, oh man, I'm pretty sure the video is just women using jackhammers and stuff and their bodies.
Speaker 3: Like jiggling and wiggling and shit. Wow.
Speaker 1: So that okay, that's what we're getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a very interesting like in a way, it might the crazy son of a bitch just might pull it off.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you can't do that. Video.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Well, it'll be interesting to see, you know, is the Matt Paddington magic. Does it still hold when you put him on stage? That they had a Paddington on Ice show where the way they realized Paddington in the flesh was just like a baggy Teddy Bear costume. M so, but people seem to enjoy that. So maybe maybe it's enough, you know, maybe they'll be able to build on top of those first two movies and make some charming stuff. Taking Paddington to Peru. That is Danish word, right.
Speaker 3: Not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh no, okay, So I don't know what video their original video is not the one I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Maybe I saw like a weird fan at it.
Speaker 1: But he hasn't. He's done like a feature, right, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm having trouble identifying a thing that is a feature here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. And then the LAPD helicopters. So this is a thing if you live in Los Angeles, especially if you don't live like west of the four h five, you have the thought, at least once a day, what the fuck are they doing up there? There are helicopters strafing you constantly. They're a helicopter. Like you encounter how many helicopters would you say, like on a regular basis, Like I probably see a dozen helicopters every single day, and here probably twice that.
Speaker 3: I shit.
Speaker 2: I mean in North Hollywood, it's a pretty regular occurrence. Yeah, Like especially like having like a spotlight like cut through your yard or something.
Speaker 3: You know, like say, you're like, what the fuck is that? Uh? But yeah, there's all I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like if you're not living in like Beverly Hills or some shit, you'll always there's always gonna be some shit.
Speaker 3: We're like, what the fuck is the helicopter doing right now?
Speaker 1: It's NonStop, And then there will be times when they're just like circling really close to your house and it's stressful. You're like, wait, what the fuck's happening, what's going on? What's it? Uh? Oh nothing. But after after the first couple of times, you're like, oh, wait, nothing's happening. Nothing's ever happening. They're the helicopters don't do shit. If they needed like some if something important was happening, they would not use the helicopters because the helicopters like that that's the thing that I'm I've always wondered. I'm like, what what are they doing other than psychologically applying pressure on the entire city, And it turns out that's base it. A new report shows that they cost people who live in LA fifty million dollars a year in tax dollars. I bet that's like an undercount, by the way, but it's the first ever audit of the LAPD helicopter program. The LA City Controller's Office found that sixty one percent of its flight time is spent on low priority incidents, costing LA taxpayers nearly fifty million dollars a year, And some transportation and ceremonial flights are like some of the things they're like, what what are you fuck are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: Dude, so dumb? A passenger shuttle flight for a chili fly in.
Speaker 1: A chili fly in, Not like we needed to take a helicopter to get to the chili cookoff, Like the helicopter was part of the thing. Yeah, Yeah, we make chili in a helicopter or.
Speaker 3: Some shit a fucking fuel for the chili fly in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, like not to mention horrible for the environment in a city that already is polluting the fuck out of the environment. You have to drive nineteen million miles in a car to get the kind of pollution that the helicopters produced through the helicopter program each year. So so so fucking like it just this is the sort of thing that if there was actual, like representative democratic politics, like a government that did the will of the people, like this would be a thing that you could run on. It would just be like, Okay, uh my platform, oh my platform. Yeah, fucking no, helicopters for the lapd and the nicest parks in the city will no longer be private golf courses. They will be public park that you play in.
Speaker 2: Have your birthday, there, have your kids' birthday, There have your little party there not some fucking people doing fucking deals on the links. This is the funny part is all of the evidence that reinforces like the quote unquote need for police helicopter programs, like the research is fucking.
Speaker 3: Dubious at best, and a lot.
Speaker 2: Of the time, dude, a lot of the times they're pointing at shit from the sixties and seventies and they're still using those fucking like that analysis to try and you know, buttress their arguments that they need to have more fucking helicopters or that they're needed. Because here's the deal. LA is unique because we have the most helicopters. And let's just take a trip down memory lane. Why that is. It's a lot of it has to do the shit changed with the Watts riots, okay, and the civil rights movement and things like that. That is the beginnings of the LAPD being like, what if we could just fucking hover.
Speaker 3: Over this shit and see everything?
Speaker 2: And now what we see is that it's like a lot of the data suggests and I feel like, even anecdotally, if you've lived in LA, it's happening mostly in black and brown neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: Yes, And that's what.
Speaker 2: Makes it even more, like just the visual of it is so fucked up because you're like, we need like actual services. Yeah, we're pissing away fifty million on these fucking things so you can go to the chili fly in and shit like that. And yes, producer superducer Brian's point drones, you know, yeah, take it. Take a note out of Obama's playbook. They were okay, they also work and are not loud, But the point is that it is. This is what it was designed to do.
Speaker 1: They're not doing this by accident, like accidentally making a bunch of noise while going to the chili flying. They are trying to send a message to everybody on the ground, right, like this is a surveillance police state, and like we are the most powerful people. Like just yeah, tearing around the skies all day like that is one of the unmistakable like features of life and Long s Angeles, and it's it's fucking terrible. It doesn't need to exist.
Speaker 2: Well in most Yeah, and a lot of places don't need them either, but it's a lot of it. A lot of people point to the example of l A to be like and that's why we need him in this state or this small city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't do ship. It just wastes money and intimidates people.
Speaker 3: What's the d D you going to do with these decommissioned helicopters? Yeah, it's that great question.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Put them on playgrounds, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Don't make them in the first place, you didn't need.
Speaker 1: Them, Yeah, I'm sure there, Yeah, I'm sure. It's like so much of the US economy, it's just like propping up. You know, look at how much money is spent, how much money is made by these private companies with these government contracts, Like it's just such a well, yeah, because it was.
Speaker 3: It was huge aviation.
Speaker 2: That was a huge push in getting police departments to begin purchasing helicopters. You know, they're like, damn, like all of our wartime efforts are kind of over.
Speaker 3: Maybe just give them.
Speaker 1: The cops now, you know by it anyways, Fuck helicopters and FU golf courses. Uh, but I feel like we can run run for office the Daily Zeitgeist ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it's so narrow. What but what like what about other things? Just just that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, did you not hear me? Fuck helicopters and golf courses?
Speaker 2: What about what about like mental health services? Y'all not hearing me? Fuck helicopters and fun Okay, I think this person is not They have they have anger towards golf courses helicopters.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the budget for the helicopter program larger than UH agencies such as cultural affairs, civil and human rights, and equity, cannabis regulation, UH, the Community Investment for Families and animal services. Animal services come on, l a y'all love to fucking pro test a puppy mill and shit like that. Animals like this, animals like people help him when there's a fucking coyote and lost in the neighborhood, Like.
Speaker 2: No, send a helicopter up and they shoot it right, No, it's taking our job. Come on, y'all, like like please, let's let's move past this.
Speaker 3: And I don't we love it when we love a police chase Stowe folks in LA. And that's another reason why.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing. The police chases have been shown statistically like they don't do like they they are not worth it. They're not worth the danger that you put people's lives in.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Milwaukee, after like a bunch of people died in police chases and died from getting hit by police cars chasing. Uh, they like outlawed them and nothing happened. It's not like Milwaukee's like crime didn't explode. Uh, It's just people are like, yeah, well we we got your license plate. Well we'll get you later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Well, Lapd, I know, like you got your worst nightmare in City Controller Kenneth Mahia because his whole campaign was basically when he was running for office, he just bought billboards and put up police budgets on it and was like, here's how we get more stuff for us, because look how much they get and are overspending on chili fly ins and we don't have the services for the people that are directly beneath them, that are they're terrorizing in there orly bird.
Speaker 1: Oh so you don't think there should be any police. Okay, you don't think that, Okay, okay, okay, no, no, no, We're just saying this is how much you're spending on it, and this is what you're spending on schools.
Speaker 3: Now I'm even seeing that, like, yeah, I'll go narrower.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, for fifty million dollars, we ain't getting shit back.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: Oh so you just you think it's okay if people come and break into your house, then it's.
Speaker 3: Not what I said. But that's such a bad fa argument.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't expect anything less from someone from the police, the Benevolent Police Society or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Uh, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, December twelfth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself. You get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white soupremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,