Speaker 1: So let's talk about Jay Shetty.
Speaker 2: I did not know who Jay Shetty was except that he was a guy on the Calm app. So I used to do this meditation app during the pandemic and one of the people on it.
Speaker 1: Was this guy, Jay Shetty. But I didn't know he was like a thing.
Speaker 2: He was like, hello, I'm Jay Shetty and we're going on a journey.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know.
Speaker 2: He's liked sleep and like it's very malifluous, and so I just would choose him sometimes because he would put me to sleep. And now he's in the midst of this scandal allegedly perpetuating a fraud that he's not exactly who he was who he said he was, his credentials aren't what he said they were, et cetera. So this has happened with these scandals with different people in sort of that wellness space. You know, I had Deepak show for on my podcast.
Speaker 1: I really liked him.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel like he's had things said about him. A lot of these people who become these spiritual leaders or gurus. This gurus, it's such a non scientific term, like I could have a guru for frozen yogurt, Like this is my you know, frosting guru. It's just like, you know, I have a guru for buttons. I like vintage buttons. So anyway, he's like this guru, this life coach. Those areas can be challenging because I could go be a life coach and say I'm a life coach. And the thing is he has all of these credentials or background that aren't tracking. An ex girlfriend of his is saying it doesn't track. Apparently he says he has some a degree or something from some place that doesn't give that degree. And so you know it's remember Brian Roberts, who's a credible, accomplished journalist, and he went out not in a great way because whatever he had said was exaggerating or not letting the truth get in the way of a good story. So he got fired and it was a problem because he's a journalist.
Speaker 1: So this guy Jay.
Speaker 2: He has Kim Kardashian on his podcast, he marries Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck and now he's this guru based on all the things he's said, he's done, and now he's getting canceled because a lot of those things aren't true.
Speaker 1: So he's not telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Now, he's not a doctor that's operating on people or a surgeon that said he went to medical school. He's in this sort of life coach, spiritual bullshit space to begin with.
Speaker 1: So my thing is, if you go.
Speaker 2: Into a church and it makes you feel good every week, Yes, if they're stealing your money and not using it for things that they say they're going to use it for.
Speaker 1: Fine, But if you go in and Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: And Donald Duck are the ones running the church and you walk out feeling good and you're buying whatever they're selling, does is that bad for you? Like, this is not bad that Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck thought he was somebody that he's not. They thought he was the Dali Lama, and you know he's just the Lama. I mean, because they got what they wanted. They had a great wedding. People knew this guy was a name. They enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: And you know it's happened in the past with financial advisors. Well, Bernie made off.
Speaker 2: That's different because that guy's losing people's money. But everybody loved bragging about knowing Bernie made off, and the people that cozy up to celebrities. Those are people that you should be aware of, Okay, These people that are like faux spiritual or like humble bragging. They're so obsessed with fame because they really want it for themselves and they want to be near it, so like to get in there and be marrying Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck, or to be getting Tom Brady to invest with you, or to get people to go to Firefest that guy, or you know, to get people to want you to marry them, or they think you're their guru. Like there are red flags, okay, and celebrities are so susceptible to this because celebrities believe in all the bullshit, like you know, the vampire facials and you know the quick fixes and the five hundred dollars creams, et cetera. I know many celebrities you know from you know, when Portia and Ellen used to invite me to come stay in Santa Barbara, I didn't go, not because I didn't like por Chanel and I love, you know, hanging out with them. I just didn't want to get too close to the flame, meaning like I don't need to you know, I do business with her. I was doing a talk show with her, and like, I'm not a person who's really friends with celebrities. I mean I know them, you know what I mean, Like Eric stone Street and I text or see it and I know each other, or I do hoe a show and we'll text her when something happens. But like, I don't need to be best friends with celebrities. I don't need to use celebrities as currency because it's just not who I am. And I'm not like peddling anything, you know, like via them. So if Jay Shetty has Ben and Jen get married with him, more people I guess are doing his podcast and it keeps raising his fame.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And he was in Jennifer Lopez's.
Speaker 3: New movie, wasn't he?
Speaker 2: So you know the thing though, is Jennifer Lopez and Ben are happily married, it seems, and they had a wedding, and I fell asleep to the app and other people went on his podcast and thought he was the Second Coming. And he's giving advice as a quote unquote post spiritual life coach. So you know, should we shouldn't believe half the bullshit that goes on with these people, because just get what you want out of it or don't, but you don't need to like invest in their credentials. He was a guy giving post spiritual advice, lulling me to sleep. He's got a podcast all these people waxing poetic about all that they know. They're just humans, They're just human beings. You know, if a doctor tells you about you know, your chromosomes, your cells or your blood like that, they need to have gone to the medical school that they say they went to or that they went to medical school. You know, if a business guy is taking your money, we'd like to know exactly what that person's.
Speaker 3: Doing with it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, for people who don't always know what the person's doing with it, because that's hard too. You know, when I first made money, I went to the nerdy, dorky guy that someone that I knew who was very conservative and not flashy, cashy, that she had given her money to. She used to be the head of Bravo. And I'd made all this money and it was, you know, effectively sitting in a suitcase under my bed because I didn't know what to.
Speaker 3: Do with it.
Speaker 2: And I called someone who I thought was like sort of like conservative and not flashy and not showy and not braggy, and just like I could still get robbed. But I asked her for her opinion of someone who was very conservative, and I could kind of drive the program. But it was at a bank that was reputable, wasn't some bullshit like guy who's you know, taken people to his house in montak and the Hamptons and like hobnobbing with the owner of the mets.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of how I've rolled.
Speaker 2: And I just think if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. If someone's making money hand over fist with your money and it seems unusual, you should be suspicious. You know.
Speaker 1: If someone is just like really over the top about.
Speaker 2: How evolved and how Dali Lama and how Buddhist and how spiritual whatever they are, they're really really collecting celebrities as friends.
Speaker 3: Beware.
Speaker 2: But unless I'm missing something, he didn't do any damage to any of the people he surrounded himself by. He's just like half bullshit, so is everybody else in the entertainment industry. Newsflash, I could tell you twenty people that you know of that are aless celebrities that pedal one bag of bullshit, and it's really the opposite. I know so many people that seem so nice on television and in movies, and then I've met in person and their fucking assholes. Like, you know, I've been in the presence of real assholes. And then I know people that you would think might be the biggest asshole and they're not. They're so nice. Like there are massive celebrities that are the nicest people you ever met, and then there are like loser C and D list celebrities that are disastrous. Like everybody's everything and you got to pick and choose and keep your circle tight. But Jay Shetty not, you know, having the bullshit spiritual credentials that he said he was.
Speaker 3: Supposed to have.
Speaker 2: I don't think that has anything to do with what he's been doing for people, which is like, you know, just spewing bullshit and if they believe it.
Speaker 1: It's like a horoscope.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's a real astrologer, but when I read a horoscope and it works for me, I.
Speaker 3: Feel good for five minutes.
Speaker 2: So certainly I'm not you know team Jay Shehetty, nor do I know him. But if he was on my com app, I think I'd let him put me to sleep. It's all I ever needed him for. It's all I ever knew he was about. I need to give a shout out about Christina Aguilera. I just happened to see a clip of her on Drew Barrymore and Drew Berhmer. Is adorable. I love her stock our earrings. It's super cute and she's doing a great job. But Christina Aguilera looks so good, like twelve out of ten.
Speaker 3: She looks spectacular, phenomenal. And I know her. I know her, and.
Speaker 2: It's I've met her several times, and I've been to her house for a party, and I have enough institutional knowledge to make this comment that she's great. She's nice, she's sort of vulnerable and okay with being flawed. She's a queen. She's fierce, she's so freaking talented. She goes quiet when she wants to go quiet, she comes loud when she's promoting something. She's amazing, Like, I just live for Christina Aguilera, So I need to give her.
Speaker 3: A shout out. While I'm giving shout outs.
Speaker 2: I'd like to shout out Beyonce's country album. Now, I don't know much about country, so I'm certainly no critic and I can't comment with institutional knowledge or that I'm educated on country music.
Speaker 3: I'm like a complete tourist in the space. But and I don't know. I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know if I liked her country song, meaning you know, and like you don't know if you like something, not in a way that you're criticizing them, like you literally just don't know if you like it. But sometimes after hearing something a while, you do. I live for Empire state of mind. But the first time I first few times I heard it, I didn't love it, and then it became like I lived for it.
Speaker 3: So and that's jay Z, not her.
Speaker 2: But I just am saying that as a because that's the one song in my life that I did not know if I liked.
Speaker 3: And I can't believe that I'm even saying that at the time.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Beyonce's song, I've heard a couple of times, and I don't know exactly how I feel about it, but I do know that I haven't stopped it can't get out of my head with everything, like you want to say it about anything, But like with the Saint Texas, but also singing the antics like damnn it is so freaking catchy. But that's also social media and TikTok when you see something ten thousand times That Megan Trainer song was like a worm in my head that I couldn't get out. But this one, I really I think it's in my mind twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 3: So I love Beyonce.
Speaker 2: She's so elegant, so fierce, so classy, so talented, like some people just do it right. And she's not thirsty. There's just a difference between someone who you know is desperate and thirsty and someone who's not.
Speaker 3: So let's do.
Speaker 2: Mega celebrities that we're thinking of that are not thirsty, like this means they're queens. They're just comfortable in their own skin. So Beyonce is a queen who is not thirsty. She is comfortable in her own skin. Christina Aguilera is a queen who is comfortable in her own skin.
Speaker 3: Oh, Alicia Keys a queen.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I'm thinking of the people that I really admire and they're comfortable in their own skin, like I always talk about them all. She's a queen, She's comfortable in her own skin, Like she's not thirsty.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: I mean, Princess Kate is not thirsty, She's comfortable in her own skin. I mean sometimes she can be a little shy, a little introverted, and so maybe she wasn't always comfortable in her own skin. But I feel like she's like really gotten. There other people that I'm thinking about, Like there's just a difference. I'm thinking of certain people. It's not that easy, Like just because you're super famous doesn't mean you're comfortable in your own skin. And I'm really really trying to think of other ones. Think of a list celebrities comfortable in their own skin. Let's get back to that. I want you guys to think because it's not that many people that are so comfortable. Wow, I'm really trying, because there are some people that are pretty comfortable, ninety percent comfortable, eighty percent comfortable, but not fully And I really want to think about people that, like you're one hundred percent sure that they really seem like they just are comfortable.