Speaker 1: Is asking out a woman in person Dead No, I think that's one pot so hot. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, welcome to the pregame. We've missed you, We've missed you. It's been a strange time, to say the least, very very sad time here in Los Angeles. Of course, everybody knows what's been going on with the fires, Aaron, you and I are the lucky ones that we are safe, but we know a lot of people that lost everything, and you are doing incredible things. I'd love for you to talk more about that or if we can get on the Big Show, if you want to do it about and you stuff set up.
Speaker 1: Too right, Kylie told me through Ruby Ranch Ranch we're doing stuff and did some volunteer stuff this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'd love to talk about it, so we will do that on the Big Show. But we've appreciate your guys's messages and emails and all the things that you've sent. Just needed to focus on things in our community right now and with the people that we care about. But we are excited to be back and distract ourselves with all things football. I watched my gal, I got. I don't even want to tell you how many text messages I got about you from this weekend in Detroit, from how amazing you looked from both got that's my knockoff your Florida. Did you do a Jacksonville game on Thursday night? Did you do? And it was like a million degrees? Or Miami Miami? Because remember I text I sent it to you, and I was like, this is Miami in August or September A bad idea.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Detroit in January perfect.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I loved it, and so did everyone else. You looked amazing. Well, I want to start with that. Your game, Oh my god, I know. I don't want anyone to lose. I agree, and you know what, I guess we should talk about this the Big Show. Sorry I forgetting Okay, yeah, okay, that's a good teaser. Okay, that's a tease. Sorry, we just jump right into these things. I apologize, Okay, So pregame, join us on the Big Show when we talk about Aaron's divisional matchup between the Lions and the Commanders and all things all right, all the games we got to talk about all the games exactly, Anon, Okay, fiance's sister don't like the bridesmaid's dress I chose and want to pick their own. Help sister don't like the bridesmaid dress I chose, and they want to pick their own. It's not your wedding, your wedding, I know, I know, but see, you know what she's doing. She's doing what we would do, Like we want everyone to be happy. So it's like if especially since it's the sisters, it's like, okay, well then now we're giving up control so other people can be happy. And at the end of the day, it's our day and you should wear whatever you want. I wonder if you could talk to your fiance. I don't know what your relationship is with your fiance's sisters, but I feel like if you talk to your fiance and say, hey, look, can we tell the gals to it should come from her husband or her fiance. Not funny, don't you think? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Honestly, guys, gals of the fiance sisters, lock it up.
Speaker 2: It's not your day.
Speaker 1: And the fact that now that gossip even got back to the bride, that ain't good because you just put shit on her plate. She doesn't need to worry about. She needs to worry about getting along with his side of the family. No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: She's got so.
Speaker 1: Many things to worry about. The fact you don't like your dresses. That's annoying. It got to her, So they need to be in time out and actually, anonymous, let us know how this goes. You stick to your guns and you keep talking on yours. You know, that's all people are worried about. They don't care what they look like. Who gives a crap, That's what I gotta say. I'm tired of these attitudes.
Speaker 2: You know, well done.
Speaker 1: Kitty cat mew, kitty cap corner m h okay, okay, sorry, I was okay, Cheryl, Cheryl Bees, Cheryl Buys, Cheryl Bees. Both of our kids recently got engaged. Any input on how to be a good mother in law?
Speaker 2: Oh, look at this on the other side of things. That's so sweet.
Speaker 1: I think you've already achieved that because you are asking and you seem concerned and adorable. I don't know, maybe a sweet little gift or note to kind of what's the word I'm looking for to celebrate.
Speaker 2: The moment, Yeah, yeah, yeah, to welcome them in to your family. I think that's a really good idea, be like welcome to a family.
Speaker 1: I got engaged right before Christmas, kind of ish early December, and my mom for Christmas got us both like engaged ornaments, which at the time is like, oh, that's so cute, But every year when we open it up to decorate the tree, we're like, oh, so cute, Mom, that's really sweet.
Speaker 2: I like that a little gift to welcome them to the family. And then I also think just not being too pushy either, Like I think that that's I've definitely had, you know, sence a bed of you. Don't be too pushy when it comes to being the mother in law, Like that's a big turn off. Like let the person come to you, like the you know what I mean, Like I don't know if it's the girl I guess I imagine or either way, Yeah, just be cool, sit on the sideline and know that that's like you're ushering in like a new family member and like your son or your daughter. I think it's harder too, Like if Mac ends up marrying someone you don't like, can you imagine it? Well, no, I do try to. I did a fitting today. I was shooting something.
Speaker 1: Why I have these this much makeup on, but I also was doing a fitting maybe for New Orleans, and everything I was thinking of is like, Okay, you and I are going to dinner. Okay, you and I are doing this. You and I are doing this. And my girlfriend, she's so great, who dresses me? She was like, do you see yourself wearing this? I go or to Max's wedding and she goes, oh my god, stop it was a little a little one bride or mother of the groom.
Speaker 2: Laura m uh Laura McClung, how about that shirting forties soon? What's the best thing about being in your fabulous forties, Laura, let me tell you. I think it's just acceptance of self. It's you know, you are not trying as hard to I don't know to. You're hopefully established in your career, and if you aren't, maybe you're even changing careers because you're deciding that that career that you had you don't like. I think there's just a real sense of self in your forties that you're comfortable in who you are, You're comfortable and where you're at in your life, and just it's a little bit of a like Oucket attitude, you know, like you've weed it out, hopefully you've weeded out the people that don't matter in your life and you can focus all your energy on like the core group that you've built at this point in your life. I think it just comes with forties, comes with freedom, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, Okay Mac Morgan thirty eight is asking out a woman in person dead No, I think that's one pot so hot. Yes, where are you going to do it? I just love that, Like I don't like to come up to like walk up to you, approach. We've talked about this before.
Speaker 2: I think the move of like you're at the bar, you have the bartender send the drink over and say this is from so and so down the way. You can wave and then you can go over and talk to the person. Or if you're not interested and you just wave and say thank you so much and then you leave. But don't put pressure on that person, like you're come right up to them and you're like, hey, I'd like to take you out for a date. I guarantee you've had that happen before, Like if you're not wearing a wedding ring or something, when someone's like Hey, I'd like to take you out. I'm like, oh, I don't think my boyfriend would like that very much. Like that's what you have to say. Yeah, I don't feel like anyone's ever done that time. Oh, knock it off. I'mkay saying cree being married. Like when someone came up and you weren't interested.
Speaker 1: You don't like shows those people like that you're not interested in that do that. It's like the ones that you're sitting there having the drink and it's be like, are you gonna ask me out?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna ask?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want them to. I just think that it's it shows. I would never shoot someone down, like in front of their face. I think it takes a lot of courage to do that. But I also think don't put the pressure on the person to have to say yes to it right there, Like just give send the little note over or drink over. I told you about the homecoming, ask right or the promise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel so bad. And then my dog was eating chicken, my chicken wings in the back. Yeah, beatings tough. My mom is freaking out, shut Brock's eyed down, her hair, her throat.
Speaker 2: So many things are good. Shit, I don't think we've had those on the West Coast. Okay, Anna, oh I already did it? Go ahead, No Anna to Cony. Just moved and looking to upgrade my furniture. Where do y'all show you go? All right, Anna, here's the deal. The goate on a budge or not on a budge, exactly on a budget, not on a budget. The go to on a budget is always living spaces. You can get good deals like an Ashley furniture. I mean those are like budget budget, but like good staples. And then I would say if your mid range price points you're looking for like a CBE two or a Creighton barrel, a west Elm is always good. And then the higher end stunt stuff is more of like four Hands that's basically half of your place in the mountains. Oh it's called four Hands. Yeah, it's they have a bunch of different vendors. Okay, you need to relax. Daisy is having an anxiety attack because my dad my parents are visiting, and she loves my dad and she can't see him right now, so she's losing a shit. So yeah, so I would do that. I would start living spaces. If you're on a budget, CB two Creighton barrel mid range and then four hands for the or Coco Republic HD Buttercupp. Also my favorites is Ethan Allen still a thing not for me.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know if I I remember like growing up by an Ethan Allen and being like that's so rich.
Speaker 2: Z Gallery was the one for me. If it was like if you shopped at Z Gallery.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, mm hmmm, I love that. Okay, pee gips dot on, no clue if you're trying to get me to say something pea gips dot on. When someone is when someone is talking your ear off, how do you politely exit the conversation.
Speaker 2: I usually just leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't focus, and then Carissa or Jarrett will get annoyed with me and be like, Okay, you can't be nice, be nice?
Speaker 2: I uh. I had this happened to me, Oh my god, Daisy, cutie cute. I had this happened to me a Thursday night game, which this is the worst. Okay, when someone's talking and it's it's like you're I here's the problem. I'm a talker, so I really emphathize with people because Daisy, Okay, this is crazy. Sit down for here and you have a treat stop. I am a talker, so I really do emphathize with people that talk. But like you got to try to like look for that out in the conversation. And I couldn't get the out in the conversation. And I see my boys over here out of my periphery and they're all looking at me, and they know that I'm trapped by this person because this person has a reputation of traffic and I am literally giving the middle finger off to the side and they see it, and now one of them uses that as a caller. I d But I'm telling you right now if you need to get out and be like I'm so sorry, I'm just going to go run and grab a drink at the bar. Do you want anything? And then you come back with multiple drinks, set one down to deliver, and then you go and then you're like, oh, I got to deliver these, and so it's like you're not being rude, You're still offering a drink or a beverage, but it's like you've got to You've got to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and last but not least, okay, Oh is this you or me?
Speaker 2: Who's going?
Speaker 1: Oh? Me?
Speaker 2: You know, it's you, okay, prop tour as women. Have you ever felt an adequate or out of place in a male dominated industry? How did you navigate those challenges? I'm a corporate gals striving to make partner, but working in a leadership team that's mostly men often feels like breaking into a boys club. Any advice on how to bridge that gap or make my mark? Well, first of all, good for you, you badass in a corporate atmosphere, erin you're good at giving advice on this. I'll piggyback off what you say.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I feel inadequate all the time, but then there's also times I know I belong and I know Carrisa belongs. I just we've also been doing this for twenty something years. And if you just said you know you're looking to make your corporate gals striving to make partner, I'm not sure that how long that means you've been in it. Yes, I have my good days and I have my bad days, but I also know how hard I work. I also know how important I am to the broadcast. I think there's different things that I struggle with, right, So I'll be honest as a sideline reporter. You don't get it in a lot, you just don't have It was my first game the other day. I didn't get in at all in game. And there's a lot of shit that goes on during the game. There's a lot like that. You know, they're worried about what the booth is saying. We had so much crazy shit happening in our Lions game. Jared Goff gets hurt. Da dah da dah There's a lot happening. But I also know if I'm not providing stuff on camera or on the mic, I'm giving them shots. Hey, the secondary is going through this. Hey, this is what I'm seeing out of the offensive line. Pinay Shool just got bent over backwards like things like that. Yeah, I felt I'm not gonna lie. I felt really down about myself after the game on Sunday because I was like, I didn't offer anything on camera or like on the microphone. And I had a good conversation with my producer. He's like, do you know how much you gave us with this? Like, but I'm also really hard on myself, and I think that is a lot to do with working in a male dominated industry.
Speaker 2: Do you agree with that I was just gonna say, I think a lot of that is because you're compared. You're like, oh, but I'm not doing as much as this person or this person. I don't even think. I don't even think that's a male thing, to be honest, I do that that's just no, because like I don't. I think in general, you and I are not competitive at all in our jobs. If anything were more like you take it or what you're doing is you want to Yeah, exactly. But I still think that there's always that part of if you really love your job, you want to be the best, You want to be the you know, the top of that position. So in this particular case, I would just say that to Aaron's point, know that you belong, but also I think it's okay to still continue to have humility if you're at the top of that manner, because the minute that you think that you've arrived, like you're out. And so I think, like Aaron and I talk about it a lot in this podcast, be curious, be humble, but also have that confidence to be like, you got here for a reason. So I would just say, lean into your position, be confident, but then also be curious and keep asking questions and hopefully that helps you. But yeah, just remember that you're a bad as and you belong there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, holding your head up high with a bunch of men in the room is the sexiest and I feel like one of the best accessories you can.
Speaker 2: Have because good, Yeah, I just I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do now I Sometimes it's hard to walk that walk, but put something good to remember.
Speaker 2: Shoulders back, tomphy Brace, Shoulders back, tomphy Brace. We got a lot to talk about on the Big Show. The playoffs are here, baby, and we've got an NFC Championship game around the corner that will be on Fox, AFC Championship on CBS. We will break down all that in a whole lot more. Also ways to continue to help for those of you that want to participate in all of the devastation here in California. Okay, love you bye.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.