Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: Well, Elon Musk is.
Speaker 3: Now the richest person on the planet.
Speaker 1: More than half the satellites in space are owned and controlled by one man.
Speaker 4: Starting his own artificial intelligence company. Well, he's a legitimate super genius.
Speaker 2: I mean legitimate.
Speaker 4: He says.
Speaker 5: He's always voted for Democrats, but this year it will be different. He'll vote Republican.
Speaker 4: There is a reason the US government is so reliant on him. Alon Musk is a scam artist and he's done nothing.
Speaker 6: Anything he does is fascinating the people.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the Elan and Holiday Special. I'm Max Chafkin, still sitting here in the studio with Bloomberg Elon Musk reporter Dana Hall and Bloomberg Big Tech chief Sarah Fryar. Joining us as well is Ryan Broderick of the excellent Garbage Day newsletter. Last week we went through the most important stories of the year, and as listeners will remember, well, I introduced a point system for our Know Your Elon contest. Now right now here is where the points stand. And again we're recording this in mid December. So Dana is in the lead with three points. Sarah has two points. And Ryan unfortunately is last with one solitary point, but he can make up for it because we are throwing ourselves into a new game. Ryan, I hope you're hydrated before we start this. But this game is called most Interesting of the Year. So as people follow him on Elon Musk will know that Elon Musk often comments interesting on top of a tweet, and they're off there, sometimes provocative, there's sometimes I don't know, arguably offensive. They're sometimes funny, there's sometimes nonsensical. I am going to read you all four summaries of posts, and you have to tell me the one that Elon Musk did not find interesting. Okay, so, so three of these were interesting and one of them was not interesting? Okay? Are you all ready? Okay? The first post okay, so so Post one argued that quote only high t alpha males end quote autists should be able to vote, okay. Post two was a post promoting the opening of a film called Vindicating Trump by the conservative commentator Denesh Desuza. Post three it was a lengthy post This is hundreds of words long by JK Rowling laying out her feelings on transidentity. Like I said, it goes on and on. It's one of those ones you have to click to expand it. It begins I believe a woman is a human being who belongs to the sex class that produces large gammeetes and goes on from there. Post four was a series of photos of Jackie Chan, the martial art artist and actor with a Donald Trump haircut. So four posts, which one of those was not interesting? According to Elon Musk Sarah Fryar Jackie Chan Ryan.
Speaker 3: So, I would have thought Jackie Chan. But I feel like you threw it in there because it is real. I've seen the middle two like in real life. So I'm gonna go with the high team mails and autists for number one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dana, You're both wrong, Dana, Wow. Okay, it is either the the JK Rowling screed or the Denesh jesus A film.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say that. I'm gonna say that an justus A film.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, everyone's wrong. Okay, So this was but this is a trick question. But but it's it's really important because Elon did not find the rolling post interesting. She did post it. That's a real post.
Speaker 2: Do you find it concerning he act?
Speaker 4: But he actually did he he must have been going through a thing where he was worried there was too much division on X, because he responded, while I heartily agree with your points regarding sex gender, may I suggest also posting interesting and positive content on other matters that's so good, so debatable? He kind of implied that it was interesting, but he he said also that it wasn't interesting. So I award no points to anyone for that for that one, although I do feel like Ryan, You're you're remembering the Jackie Chan series has gotta be worth that's gotta be worth a sympathy point.
Speaker 2: I gotta go outside more often. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: All right. Now the second topic here is concerning. Now, these are four posts that Elon Musk found concerning. And once again I am going to read you little excerpts of these posts, and you're gonna tell me what did not concern Elon Musk. Okay, all right, here's number one. Now, everyone pay attention. A post claiming that quote it's really pointless to even attack Harris. She's just a puppet du jour, and Biden is a puppet diyere. That's French for yesterday. Two, an article complaining that signal the encrypted messaging service had close ties to the US intelligence agencies. Post three was one warning that rising unemployment and panic job cuts were coming. This, by the way, it turned out to be false. Post four claimed that Google was rigging the twenty twenty four election. All right, Dana, you tell me which one of those was not concerning an Elon. Now remember puppets, the puppet post, the encrypted messaging, rising unemployment, Google rigging the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 7: Maybe the puppet post, because that seems like something that Elon himself would actually say not be concerned about.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Dana is so good. Elon did not did not find it concerning. He said it and two points for Dana Hall okay, So so Dan is up to five, Ryan is two, Sarah's two. Dana is running away with this thing. But Sarah and Ryan, you still have time.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to lose to the masters.
Speaker 4: So let's move on to another category. This is the portion where we discuss parts of Elon Musk's business empire that he is going to look into. Now, you know, super fans Elon heads will know that people often complain to Elon Musk about, you know, various things that are going on, and he'll say looking into it, all right. So now, now three of these are real. One of them is not the first one a complaint that he banned Luigi Mangioni's Twitter account. This is the alleged United Healthcare shooter. Two is a suggestion that the quote deep state could be undermined by a new government office that would be in charge of declassifying documents. Three is a report about high levels of absenteeism in Tesla's Berlin gigafactory. And four is a complaint that Stripe the mobile paint the payment service was refusing to process payments for libs of TikTok, which is a right wing influencer account. So, Sarah, which of these was Elon not looking into number two? Bingo?
Speaker 8: All the rest I have to do with his company is and he always says looking into it when it's something that he's in charge of. But he's not in charge of the deep state.
Speaker 4: Okay. See, I thought I was gonna fool you because he is kind of in charge of the deep state now with the DOGE. But no, you're right. That was a suggestion by FBI nominee Cash Bettel. Elon said it was a good idea, but he is not looking into it. Oh good, okay, Okay, so that's two points of Sarah. That means it's five for Dana, four for Sarah, two for Ryan. We're gonna have to give Ryan a chance to answer first on the next one, just to make sure it's fair, because I'm getting some producer complaints in my ear about questions of game integrity here. All right, this is most beautiful. These were posts that Elon Musk found beautiful and wrote that this is beautiful. And I have four pictures. I'm gonna show you the pictures, Dan and Sarah. You should have them ready loaded up. Ryan, I'm gonna just sort of move my last shot and show me you, okay, picture number one, and I'm gonna describe it for those who are not on the podcast. It's okay, I know this one, okay. It's a picture of Georgia Maloney and the Prime the Prime Minister of Italy and Elon Musk sitting at a dinner looking at each other, just with the most I mean, I don't know, Dana, can you describe it a Morris?
Speaker 7: I mean, they're flirting, there's wine, it's you know, it.
Speaker 4: Just it looks like such a good time. All right. That's picture one. Picture two okay, Now it's a selfie of a of a gentleman and who you probably don't recognize. He's sort of wearing a flag pin. I'll tell you who he is though. This is a picture of Christopher Maccio, who is a classical crossover vocalist known for performing at Trump events. I believe that Dana and I saw him at Madison Square Garden. I think he made this picture. He may be at mar A Lago any, Dan, I don't know. Do We were kind of walking out? Do you remember how how was? How was the vocal stylings of Christopher Maccio?
Speaker 7: Did he perform? Is he the one who's saying America the beautiful?
Speaker 4: You know? Honestly, I don't know he's he's he's like a Trump World singer, of course that exists. Yes, Okay, now, okay, so that's two. So Maloney Macchio, Okay, here we go. Now here's the third one. Okay, So this is a an interior. It looks like something out of like Bride's magazine or something. It's again, I'm gonna describe it quickly. It's a sort of a you know, like a sort of white all white there, white roses. There's a bed. It looks like the nicest Airbnb you've ever stayed in.
Speaker 2: I remember this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, don't give anything away. I guess you're answering first. Okay, And here's number four, and again I don't quite know how to describe this, but maybe I'll let Ryan do the honors.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he So it's like the kind of thing you'd see on like Dvian art where it's like a beautiful woman back to the point of view of the picture, hugging like a man in all black chain to the wall. It's like something like a seventeen year old will put on MySpace twenty years ago, and like Elon loves this stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's there. There was a caption which I wanted to read. I'd said, I believe in a bond that transcends love, a salvation found in each other. All right, Ryan Broderick, which of the picture which you're saying that that was the one that he did not find beautiful? Yeah, I have bad news for.
Speaker 9: You, man.
Speaker 4: It was so confident.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a selfie of a random man.
Speaker 4: I just assume it Okay, here's the thing. That answer is wrong. But I feel a little bad because he definitely was talking about the music being beautiful. He was not saying that the selfie was beautiful. But still, you know, gotta trip you up. Ok all right, let's give Sarah a chance to steal.
Speaker 8: He probably didn't didn't actually say beautiful about his dinner photo.
Speaker 4: That is correct, he did not, and he has been at pains I think to sort of, you know, not make it seem like they're definitely in a romantic relationship, and even may Musk has has chimed in at times.
Speaker 2: I ship them, but I understand.
Speaker 4: I feel like that was a little tricky and maybe perhaps unfair. But nonetheless, Sarah is in the lead, Dana has five points, and Ryan is still stuck it at two.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: So now we have another game. This one is called No Your Rogan. Okay, So we're gonna play a series of clips and you are going to have to this is another two pointer. You're gonna have to identify who Joe Rogan is talking to in the context of the comments. And now there are only three choices, and the choices are Donald Trump, Elon Musk, or Bob Gimlin, who is a crypto zoologist.
Speaker 2: Someone who studies fantasy beasts and creatures. Yeah right, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 4: Now this might be easy because I think some of us have listened to some of these episodes. But nonetheless, again, all right, so let's start with the first clip.
Speaker 2: If there was a life on a planet and we could introduce our DNA into these lower primates and make them more like us, you don't think we would do.
Speaker 4: It, Ryan Brodrick, what is the who is he talking to? Is he talking to a cryptozoologist, Donald Trump or Elon Musk? And what is the context?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it would be so funny if he was talking to Trump. It would be so funny if you just talk about like making monkey human hybrids with Donald Trump. I'm gonna say Elon Musk, and I'm gonna say it has something to do with like gene splicing or transhumanism, or like making sort of animal hybrid debt slaves to work on Mars or something.
Speaker 2: All right, let's hear the clip, Mike.
Speaker 3: If we had the technology to do what allegedly the aliens alledged aliens do, we.
Speaker 4: Would beat all sorts of crazy stuff all the time. I'll just so as you could hear, he's not talking to Elon Musk or Donald Trump. He's talking to the cryptozoologist about alien tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, so unfortunately that's another.
Speaker 2: I'll take the I'm actually happy to not know what goes on on that podcast.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's immediately go to a new clip. Here's Rogan again. It cleans your mind, It cleans your mind, Dana Hall, who is Joe Rogan talking to.
Speaker 2: And what is he talking about?
Speaker 7: He's talking to Elon Musk about like eating meat or like something consumable.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let's hear the clip. Golf as you get older, there's something really good about it. And competition with competition concentrations a great handicaps for it. All right, So self explanatory, Trump talking to Trump about playing golf. All right, here's the third clip, video evidence, radar evidence. Okay, Rogan said, video evidence, Comma, radar evidence. What do you think, Sarah Fryar? Is it.
Speaker 8: Elon Musk talking about immigration?
Speaker 2: Let's hear the clip. And they said, we saw think, sir, that it's aliens.
Speaker 3: Very strange, like a round ball, but it wasn't a combat or maybe it was something.
Speaker 4: All right, Ryan gets a point there for for chiming with aliens. Yes, that's that's Donald Trump and Joe Rogan, the president elect of the United States and the most popular broadcaster in America talking about aliens.
Speaker 3: See that's why Rogan is popular. If I got to sit down with any president, I'd be like, what's the deal with aliens?
Speaker 2: And like that's good. That's good radio. You know, that's good podcasting.
Speaker 4: Legit, no joke, You're right, all right, next clip, we only have two more. Here's here's the second last clip.
Speaker 2: I would be terribly surprised.
Speaker 4: Cryptozoologist Elon Musk, Donald Trump, And then what is the context?
Speaker 3: I would be terribly surprised, Yes, like would it surprise you to learn that?
Speaker 4: Like? Just figure pretty like if someone like I wouldn't be surprised. Shot in the dark, all right, Yes, indeed it was. It was the cryptozoologist talking about the possibility that Bigfoot would get hit by the bus. For anyone wondering what just happened there, Ryan was, I think on his way to getting the answer correctly. I don't know if he would have got Bigfoot. But our producers accidentally hit the reveal button a little too early. But you know what, I think we have to give Ryan credit because, as I said, it was on the tip of his tongue. Ryan is up to five points. Now it's six to five five. We've got a tight contest here. And the last question is going to go to Dana. Here's the clip.
Speaker 6: Just the fact that they have the resources to do that when they have all the crime that they have.
Speaker 4: Dana, who's Joe Rogan talking to and what is talking to him?
Speaker 2: About Trump?
Speaker 7: And something about immigration?
Speaker 4: Sarah, I'll go to you. Now, think about crime stories that that dominated the news over the last two months.
Speaker 8: Is it about ballots?
Speaker 4: Just the fact that they have the resources to do that when they have all that crime that they have. Okay, now this is this is a story related to law breaking, but it's of a specific variety of law and breaking. It has to do with violating the rules about animals at home. Oh wait, he's talking about Excel in the UK.
Speaker 7: It peanut the squirrel. He was talking Oh.
Speaker 2: Peanut does squirrel?
Speaker 4: And who is he talking to? Dan? That's right, Okay, let's hear that one.
Speaker 2: Still pretty shoke about the freaking squirrel thing.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: At gunpoint, forced the guy.
Speaker 10: To like stay outside his house while they got his pets and killed them.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, you know, violent felons are running free.
Speaker 4: Okay, just to remind listeners, Peanut the squirrel was an illicit, allegedly illicit squirrel owned by a influencer who was, according to Elon and many especially on the right, was cruelly taken from his home euthanized tested for rabies. This was like the It actually might have happened in November, but it was like the closest thing we had in twenty twenty four to an October surprise that ends the game. The big winner today is Dana and I believe Ryan and Sarah were tied for second, but in my book, everybody's a winner. Dana Hall, congratulations, Oh what do I win?
Speaker 7: What's the prize? Max?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we discussed that and we haven't figured it out all right, So we have one last part of this holiday spectacular for you, and it's gonna be predictions. Now just to I'm gonna ask all of you to talk about what you think is gonna happen. But we're just gonna play a little tape of colleagues and friends of the show. Talking about like what they see as their Elon Musk predictions.
Speaker 6: I got two predictions for this year for Elon Musk. The first is that he's gonna fold x social network formerly known as Twitter into Xai. So it's going to be a way for him to basically salvage that you know, struggling business get investors away out by merging those two companies. And then second is that we're going to see some kind of boys trip with Elon and Donald Trump going to visit. I'm going to say, Kim John Noon this year, I have to just have a hunch that there's going to be some very controversial weekend vacation for those guys.
Speaker 9: My expectation for Elon Musk in twenty twenty five is that he will continue to fly out the law on corporate governance and other issues and believe that you know, he's somehow special and he won't he doesn't need to follow the same rules and customs that you know, the little people follow.
Speaker 10: My prediction for Doge is that Elon and Vivig are going to get nowhere near the two trillion dollars that they've proposed to cut unless you stretch the window for cutting two trillion dollars to like one hundred years.
Speaker 5: I guess my big prediction is that we are going to learn something new on the fertility front. It could be more babies that Elon's had. I think the current number is twelve or thirteen. It could be some sort of you know place, maybe in Texas. But I think that we are going to learn more about how Elon has been personally trying to fill the earth with more children. That is more prediction.
Speaker 1: So in twenty twenty five, I'm wondering, will Elon somehow you stage to put his thumb on scale to help his own companies. There's obvious ones like the FAA could really help SpaceX if it wanted to.
Speaker 4: But what about the FDA.
Speaker 1: Could he use that to somehow really help Neuralink or the Department of Chain Insportation to help warn That's what I'm going to be watching.
Speaker 11: Hey, Papadoppolois here, I've got a whole slew of predictions, praying that at least one of them proves to be correct. First off, I've got those of the Committee scoring a couple big early victories, you know, like permanent daylight savings time or something. And then the whole thing fizzling out pretty badly, sparking curiously a rally in doged the cryptocurrency. Next, I've got the valuations of SpaceX and Tesla converging throughout the year. Then I've got friend of Pod Kurt Wagner, breaking down and buying a cyber truck. Lastly, of course, a horse tip. You know, me being the gambling degenerate and all. I've got a cult by the name of the Chancer mcpatrick winning the one hundred and fifty first running of the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: I have no idea if that's a real course. All right, So that was Kurt Wagner, Jeff Feely, Josh Green, Rayhan Harmancy, Sarah McBride, and our host, our normal host anyway, David Papadopolis. All right, Sarah, most plausible least plausible predictions.
Speaker 8: That we just hurt Kurt getting a cybertruck.
Speaker 4: Is that most plausible or the least plausible?
Speaker 8: Well, I think least plausible, But anything is possible. I mean, it's definitely possible that dose is gonna fizzle and turn into a disaster and not cut the trillions that wants to cut.
Speaker 4: I mean not everyone. So there were some very safe there were some very set safe bets here.
Speaker 3: Oh, I definitely think they're gonna get rid of Dali Zavi sent I'm rooting for them.
Speaker 4: I feel like that is.
Speaker 3: Like such an easy, obvious, pulled from a deep storyline thing that could happen, that they'll do and then they'll just sort of disappear.
Speaker 2: I think that is totally gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I welcome the Daylight Savings repeal and also all the quirky things, like the opportunity for just just you know, government to get weird. I'd say, is like one of the you know, one of the things I'm most looking forward to in twenty twenty five. Dana, what about you? Do you think a boys trip to North Korea is in the in the cards like our colleague Kurt Wagner.
Speaker 2: So that was another good one.
Speaker 7: Actually, I thought that was that was an intriguing one. I could definitely see a boy's trip to like Hungary to visit like Victor Orbon more than North Korea. But you know, Trump does really like to talk about North Korea, so I could be wrong. I think the most plausible one is more on the fertility front. Of course I'm biased because we've written a lot about that, but more babyhon suggestion was good, Yeah, more more children.
Speaker 4: And I think if you had to, if you had to put a number on.
Speaker 7: It, well, you need a lot of people to populate this Morris colony. And you know, I think we've talked about this. Maybe we need to do a special segment. But you know, Musk is always very by Genghis Khan and like I would not, I mean, he has fathered twelve children that we know of, with an emphasis of on the that we know of.
Speaker 4: Part I just want to remind everyone that we did this podcast last time and I predicted that Elon Musk and Georgia Maloney would come closer together. And although again as as I said, Elon has denied having a romantic relationship with Maloney, I feel like that picture. You know, I really am proud of my prediction. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: That was a smart one.
Speaker 2: Hey, we still have ten, ten fifteen days left of the year.
Speaker 4: We're recording this on December eleventh. Everyone, Yeah, so this could you might be right?
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: All right, let's let's all give our you know, prediction for twenty twenty five the year in Elon Musk, Ryan, why don't you start one that I forget, like where I sort of saw the idea, this idea, but I think it's smart, which is that either ex buys.
Speaker 3: Truth Social or truth Social buys X or there's some sort of consolidation there.
Speaker 2: I feel like that just.
Speaker 3: Makes well, maybe it won't happen because it makes too much sense with these guys, like they don't really operate that way. But that to me just feels like it's dying to happen. And I feel like it might happen if Blue Sky becomes more successful and someone explains what Federation is to Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: First of all, mind meld, that is exactly my That was my answer as well, and that is not in your computer, that is my was it really? That is an idea that we have flowed on this podcast. I feel like every time I bring it up, I get made fun of, But I think that they I think it could happen. I think that you know, True Social is has a public listing, it doesn't really have an audience. Elon Musk has this private company that could really use a public listing. I feel like, Sarah, you need to like throw cold water on this idea before Ryan and I, you know, start, why.
Speaker 8: Would you want to? I mean, I just don't see that being that beneficial for Elon like to have true social I think it's more likely that he will will somehow end up with the US version of TikTok because it needs to be it needs to be divested to a US owner, and like Trump has said he will save it. He didn't say how.
Speaker 3: How would that deal work though, because hasn't bite Edan said that, like they don't care enough about TikTok to like in.
Speaker 8: All truths. I don't think it's gonna happen. But it's a it's a fun conspiracy.
Speaker 4: You're just bringing it up to say how ridiculous bringing it up to.
Speaker 8: Say that, Like, it's just as implausible, you know what. I what is more plausible I think is in the realm of social media, is that we'll start to see maybe a bit of a true slash light friendship developed between Zuckerberg and Musk, who we have previously discussed as cage match rivals.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that, all right, Dana. What's your prediction for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, so many Well, I'm really curious, I guess I'm curious about the sam Altman feud and where that lands and if there's a daytonte or whether there's an escalation. You know, there was a there was a story that they like briefly like hung around pit a bonfire together Valley hugged, hugged or something. But then now that's now the lawsuit is back on and Chavon Zillis is now named as part of that lawsuit. So I really love to know like how much equity she has an open AI and why she's now a plaintiff in that suit. So that's like sort of one bucket, I guess. The other geopolitical bucket I'm really curious about is China and Taiwan, and like what like Elon's Elon's dependency on China, his relationship with China, his factory in China is just such a big part of this whole potential tariff trade war Taiwan chips like it. Like, I would love visibility into into what Elon does their visa VI the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely think something in hearing some of these like Blue Sky, we didn't really talk about Blue Sky. It's growing really fast and and like maybe when we do this in a year, that is going to be the thing we're talking about. And then China absolutely like it's you know, this seems like a real point of contention between Trump and Elon potentially or between like Trump supporters and Elon Musk.
Speaker 7: I have one more, which is that you know, Rfk is going to be confirmed for the head of HHS, even though there's a lot of opposition to it. And then you're going to see ketamine and psychondel, mushrooms and m DNA and all kinds of therapies that uh, you know that not just Musk but his brother Kimball and Antonio Grassias, like Silicon Valley is very into psychedelics, and I think you're just going to see like a sea change happen where you know, it's just going to become normal. It's going to become an increasingly allowed I mean, it is allowed in some states under some circumstances, right, But I just think you're going to you're gonna see kind of Silicon Valley in this administration and breaks embrace psychonelex for therapy in a way that no one could have predicted.
Speaker 4: I look forward to doing this podcast in twenty twenty five in December, high as heck on ketamine.
Speaker 2: Your teeth are just.
Speaker 3: Totally rotted out from lack of fluoride, and you're just out of your mind on ketymine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds all right. Last question and then we can end this glorious holiday special. Were and this came up earlier, but you know, you see a lot of people making predictions. I think Ryan actually brought it up very early on. But the idea that at some point Trump and Elon will inevitably have a falling out, and I want everyone to give me a predicted date of when it's going to happen and how it's going to happen. Ryan Broderick, you start hold on.
Speaker 3: I'm just googling how long Amurosa made it, and it seems like she was designed January twenty eighteen. So do I think Elon Musk has the juice to stay in the succession orbit longer or shorter than Amerosa? I'm gonna I'm gonna say he hangs on for the whole first year, and I think.
Speaker 4: He sticks.
Speaker 3: He stays till like let's say twenty twenty six. Early in the year he's gone like February February twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Now is there a conflict or does he just gently leave? Is it on good terms or porter?
Speaker 3: I think Trump likes mixings up, kind of like in certain cycles. I feel like the first year, everything kind of holds still, and then I feel like it's gonna start to shadow really fast as we get close to the midterms and he starts to panic and he starts to fire people. So I think that's that's how long Elon Musk has. Okay, that's a well considered prediction. Sarah Fryar, what do you what do you got?
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm I'm the one who thought Linda Yakarino wouldn't last more than in a few weeks, and she's still at at stilcio of X. So I'm gonna I'm gonna give this one a little more time. It's a big investment that he made, and he seems pretty dedicated to it. I think if it falls apart, it's going to be on on Trump's terms, since Elon seems to just want to be at our alago all the time and have a hand in the building of this administration.
Speaker 4: So give us a date.
Speaker 8: I think he just gets distracted by something else at some point. I think, you know, by this summer of next year, we're not really gonna hear about Musk in DC.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, like July, so lay the groundwork.
Speaker 8: Five, be involved in this big decisions and then like go back to his companies for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Dana.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'm gonna I'm gonna give a longer Leach. I'm going to say, August twenty twenty six, He's got eighteen months to do Doge. He really wants to do Doge. She wants to. He wants to, you know, do as much as he can in the next eighteen months. And then and then maybe once the Doge project is done, he'll he'll he'll be you know, he won't be as much of a fixture, but I feel like he's gonna be. He's gonna be thick as thieves with Trump for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 4: I agree. I think he's gonna make it past the midterm. I mean, you know I passed the midterm. Yeah, the money thing. Yeah, now, I don't know. I mean it's like hearing everyone make these like very like relatively optimistic. I thought someone was going to say like a week from now or something, which which had been the conventional wisdom.
Speaker 8: We learned our lesson with the Yakarino.
Speaker 4: Yeah and the money. Yeah, I'm saying you know what. There Elon is is on the campaign trail with JD Vance and Donald Trump Junior in twenty twenty eight and they are all friends. That's my prediction. Wow. Okay, So that does it for our New Year's special. Guys, had a great time hanging out with you, laughing about the year that we had and predicting the year to come. And we at Elon Ink will be there to cover it. Write us, let us know what you think. Elon Inc. At Bloomberg dot Net. Dana Hall, Sarah Fryar, Ryan Broderick, thank you all for being here, Thank you for.
Speaker 8: Having me, Thanks for having us so awesome.
Speaker 7: Thanks Max. Epic episode.
Speaker 4: This episode was produced by Stacey Wong. Annamsarakis is our editor and Rayhan Harmanci our senior editor, and if you believe it, the idea for this show also came from Rayhan. Blake Maples handles engineering, and Emma Sanchez fact checks. Our supervising producer is Magnus Hendrickson. The Elon Inc. Theme is written and performed by Taka Yazuzawa and Alex Sagiera. Brendan Francis Newnham is our executive producer, and Sage Bauman is the head of Bloomberg Podcasts. A big thanks to our supporters, Joe Weber and Bradstone. I'm Max Chafkin. If you have a minute, rate and review our show, it'll help other listeners find us and we will see you next week. Happy twenty twenty five. Thanks for listening to the Elinning Podcast. If you never want to miss a story, become a bloomberg dot com subscriber today. Check out our special intro offer right now at bloomberg dot com Slash Podcast Offer or click in the link on the show notes. You'll also unlock deep reporting data and analysis from reporters all around the world.