Speaker 1: Hey everybody. I'm Greg Jared, filling in for Sean Hannity on the Sean Hannity Show. Happy to be here for the second day in a row. Shaw's taking off a few well deserved days of rest during the holidays. I've been at Fox. I'm a legal analyst there for going on twenty four years. I've written several books, beginning with the Russia Hoax, the Sequel witch Hunt, I wrote The Trial of the Century, and the latest book is The US Constitution and other patriotic documents. Please check them out. But I want to begin today with the burr in my saddle over fraud. Have you ever wondered where a lot of your hard earned tax dollars go? Well, look no further than the screwed up state of Minnesota. It is a blue state, to be sure, run by idiots and morons that are so utterly incompetent that they failed to refuse to recognize one of the greatest ripoffs in American history. Minnesota is now the epicenter of fraud. We're talking about roughly two billion dollars with a capital B stolen by scammers from social service programs. In fact, there were so many swindles going on at the same time. You'd need a float chart just to keep track of them all. And of course, at the top of the float chart should be a big fat picture of Governor Tim Walls and his sidekick Keith Ellison, the state's scandal plugued attorney general. Together, those two are the dumb and dumber of politics, and both are to blame because they were repeatedly warned of all the hustles and flim plans going on in their precious Somali community. But they didn't care. Now they thought it would be racist to prosecute Somali constituents, so they happily allowed the fraud to continue and indeed to escalate. You see, in uber liberal Minnesota, it is politically incorrect to enforce the law against Somali's God forbid, putting criminals behind bars might lose some votes. Not only did Waltz turn a blind eyed all the conjobs going on under his bulbous nose, he actually helped them flourish. Evidence shows he was told repeatedly of the ginormous COVID fraud scandal early on, but instead of fixing it, he worked to protect it and to cover it up. He allegedly aided and embedded all of the schemes by rit retaliating against whistleblowers who had come forward with courage.
Speaker 2: To try to expose the fraud. Waltz tried his level best to discredit the fraud reports themselves. So you know that's not merely rank incompetence. It's intentional malfeasance. No wonder Walt's admitted during the vice presidential debate that he's a knucklehead. Really, he actually said that, and by the way, nobody has ever disagreed with that assessment. The guy is a total buffoon. I wouldn't trust him to run a hot dog stand, and yet he has the audacity to run for reelection, So you know he can ruin Minnesota further with even more corruption. Tim Waltz is so clueless that his own.
Speaker 1: State workers at the Department of Human Services denounced his epic incompetence. They issued an official statement saying Waltz is one hundred percent responsible for fleecing more than a billion dollars from taxpayers. Look, is anybody really surprised? I mean, this is what happens when the government begins handing out free money while relying on states like Minnesota for oversight. I mean, the scammers and the grifters are having a field day. The pandemic relief was supposed to be administered by Waltz's Education Department, but they were so inept under his leadership or lack thereof, that it became a piece of cake to steal hundreds of millions of dollars in phony claims. Money that was supposed to go to feed needy children was stolen by scammers who splashed their cash on lock tree homes, fancy cars, elaborate vacations, lavish lifestyles. They were yucking it up. In one case alone, they claimed to have served ninety one million meals that were never served, for which they fraudulently received two hundred and fifty million dollars in federal funds. Those are your tax dollars going into the pockets of Minnesota Crux. I can't think of anything lower than stealing money from hungry children, or taking money away from kids who were supposed to be receiving autistic services that never happened. But that's not all. Housing programs were also ripped off in Minnesota. In fact, the list is so long that one former US Attorney estimates that the total figure will likely surpass two billion dollars in fraud. Trump is vowed to prosecute and then deport the Somali criminals responsible for all that fraud. But Timmy Waltz calls that petty vindictiveness. I'm not kidding. In the twisted world of Waltz, the law should be selective, because you know, equal enforcement of the law is racist. It's not just the wicked world of Waltz, but mega thefts are now being discovered in Ohio, where you guessed it's Somali's reportedly perpetrated a massive Medicaid theft involving healthcare payouts based on fake medical conditions. All right, that's appalling, But is anybody surprised since Obamacare, one of the greatest deceptions of all time, opened the door to a wholesale plundering of our nation's treasury. The General Accounting Office says that Obamacare subsidies are costing you, the taxpayers, some twenty seven billion dollars a year. Twenty seven billion in fake identities, dead people, and improper use of Social Security numbers. And then there's food stamps or we're not supposed to call them food stamps anymore, because that's what they are. We call them snap payments. Well, those are rife with fraud. Hundreds of thousands of people are getting government money, except they're dead, so you know they're not eating a lot. Don't get me started on my home state of California. Massive unemployment fraud has recently been uncovered that resulted in billions of stolen dollars. Get this, up to thirty one billion dollars that was paid to criminals, including people behind bars. Education fraud, healthcare fraud, Medicare fraud in California has been uncovered. Again, that's your money down the drain, and Gavin Newsom doesn't care, except to the extent that his former chief of staff was caught and charged in one of those schemes. Here's the bottom line. Democrats say they care about the needy, except they don't. That's just a ruse. It's a pretense for something else. They use the needy. They exploit the needy to strong arm the government into handing out benefits so that the cash can then be stolen by their constituents, and people like Tim Waltz look the other way, and always liberal Democrats want more they will ruthlessly and persistently dig deep into your pockets until they're empty, and then they demand more of your income with higher taxes. It's the old socialist stratagem that seems appealing to some until is Margaret Thatcher famously observed, you eventually run out of other people's money. That's the history of socialism. It's a well worn story of failure and collapse. Later on in our program, I'm going to be talking with Peter Schweitzer about this. He's president of the Government Accountability to Institute, and he is certainly an expert on the subject of fraud. Peter also wrote the book called Clinton Cash, so he's going to tell us about the recent news of how the FBI's corruption probe into Hillary Clinton's suspected pay to play schemes was killed by her protectors in Barack Obama's administration. We're going to take a quick break right now. Coming up, we have, in addition to Peter Schweizer, I'll be talking to Mike Davis about whether any of the people involved in the law fair crusade against Donald Trump will ever be held accountable with indictments. I think there'll be indictments in the beginning of the new year. We'll also talk to Brian Finch about Trump's attacks on Caribbean drug boats tied to Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Are they legal?
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. I'm Greg Jarrett filling in for Sean Hannity. Welcome back to the Sean Hannity Show. I'm Greg Jarrett filling in for Sean. A few minutes ago, I mentioned, in the context of all the fraud going under the nose of Tim Waltz in Minnesota, how he's incompetent, and in fact, he admitted in the vice presidential debate when he was running with Kamalaw that he's a knucklehead. And so I want to play you know, some people have said, and I've mentioned it before, have said, oh, did he know, he didn't really he didn't call himself enhing. Yeah, he did. And I'm going to play the clip for you right now. Here's the context. Waltz is a known liar, and he got caught many times in lies. The number of times he was in China. He claimed he was there at the time of the Tienneman Square massacre in nineteen eighty nine, record show he wasn't there. He was in the United States. So a moderator asked him during the debate, and here's what Timmy Waltz had to say.
Speaker 4: Governor Walls, you said you were in Hong Kong during the deadly Tieneman Square protests in the spring of nineteen eighty nine, But Minnesota Public Radio and other media outlets are reporting that you actually didn't travel to Asia until August of that year. Can you explain that discrepancy?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, and to the folks out there, it didn't get at the top of this. Look, I grew up in small, rural Nebraska town of four hundred town that you rode your bike with your buddies till the street lights come on, and I'm proud of that service. Now, look, my community knows who I am. They saw where I was at they look. I will be the first to tell you I have poured my heart into my community. I've tried to do the best I can, but I've not been perfect, and I'm a knucklehead at times. I will say more than anything. Many times I will talk a lot, I will get caught up in the rhetoric. But being there, the impact it made, the difference made in my life. I learned a lot about China governor.
Speaker 4: Just to follow up on that, the question was, can you explain therepancy?
Speaker 6: All I said on this was is I got there that summer and misspoke on this, So I will just that's what I've said.
Speaker 1: What a slee's ball, But there it is. He called himself a knucklehead, and no truer words wherever spoken. The guy's a buffoon. He's an incompetent governor of Minnesota, and he's running for reelection amid all of the fraud, which may roughly be two billion dollars of your taxpayer money. Coming up later, I'll talk to Peter Schweizer about it. He knows all about the fraud in Minnesota. But I also want to talk to Peter about how the Department of Justice under Barack Obama, probably under the president's orders, decided to kill and bury the growing corruption investigation into Hillary Clinton's foreign pay to play schemes which enriched the Clinton Foundation, and of course they used that foundation as their personal piggybank. There's considerable evidence that Bill and Hillary got rich from foreign donations made to their Clinton Foundation, which, as I say, was really, you know, their own bank. Account. We're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars, and as I wrote in my book The Russia Hoaks back in twenty eighteen, many of the largest contributions were made by people and shell companies. There's a red alert connected to a Russian controlled business called Uranium One, which managed, through a series of clever maneuvers, to seize control of a sizeable percentage of America's prized uranium assets. I'm reading directly out of my book. All of this happened as Hillary was serving as Secretary of State, and of course the inevitable allegations of corruption followed. In The FBI became so concerned that it opened a criminal investigation into a pay to play scheme involving Hillary and her foundation. The bureau gathered evidence that the foreign cash may have illegally influenced US foreign policy under Hillary Clinton. Peter wrote about it.
Speaker 2: I wrote about it.
Speaker 1: We'll be talking with him coming up on the Sean Hannity Show. Solid as a rock, honest, truthful. This is the Sean Hannity Show. Hey, welcome back to the Sean Hannity Show. I'm Greg Jarrett. Of course, Donald Trump and his administration has been going after drug cartels smuggling deadly fentanyl, cocaine, synthetic opolioids into the United States that have killed more than three hundred thousand young people since twenty twenty one. So you know, they've carried out strikes against suspected drug vessels in the region. In the Caribbean, They've seized a sanctioned oil tanker off the coast of Venezuela, declared a blockade of all sank and oil tankers entering and leaving Venezuela. And Trump has said on more than one occasion that strikes on land in Venezuela could be coming sometime soon. Secretary of State Marco Rubio had this to say on that subject today.
Speaker 7: At the core, foreign policy needs to be the national interest of the United States. So you have to first of all define what is the national interest, and then you have to apply it. We defined it as we are in favor of foreign policies that make America safer, or stronger, or more prosperous, hopefully all three, but at least one of those three. And then it requires you to prioritize. Even the richest, most powerful and influential country on Earth has limited resources has limited time, and it has to be able to dedicate those resources in time through a process of prioritization that includes geographic prioritization. It also includes issue prioritization. When it comes to the Western Hemisphere, the single most serious threat to the United States and the Western Hemisphere is from transnational terrorist criminal groups. I'm merely focused on narco trafficking, but they're in all sides businesses as well. So the good news is we have a lot of countries in the region that openly cooperate and work with us to confront these challenges.
Speaker 1: All right, that was Marco Robio. Let's bring into the conversation now our guest today Brian Finch, who is a top notch lawyer. He's a partner with Pillsbury Winthrop. He co chairs the firm's global security practice, and Brian has been covering the ongoing Venezuela narco terrorism and the dictatorship under Maduro. As I say, the President and Secretary of War have been doing everything they can to prevent these boats from onboarding their drugs to American shores. Brian, thanks so much for being with us. You and I've talked about this before, but in your legal opinion, Does this administration have every legal right to defend its citizens from the lethal poison by using lethal military force.
Speaker 5: Of course, it's a basic constitutional tenet that the president has the authority to do that. I mean, that's he's the commander in chief of the military. There are dozens upon dozens of examples throughout American history where the president has acted unilaterally to defend the nation from any type of threat, and this falls squarely into that category once again. And folks who are protesting this, you know, this is about being anti Trump. It's not about the president actually exceeding his authority. So it's a policy complaint, it's not a legal complaint.
Speaker 1: Is there any doubt in your mind that Maduro himself and his murderous regime in Venezuela are behind the smuggling.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, it's like any other narco state cryptocracy, where of course he exerts control within iron fists. So why you've had people trying to flee the country by millions over the past decade or so. He runs it. Anything that happens in the country happens at his direction or at least with his awareness, and whether explicitly or implicitly this is all happening at his direction and more than likely as profit as well. You can easily imagine that. So of course this is all happening, you know, with his understanding, with his knowledge. It's not his direction at this point, so it's his responsibility, and the president is right to direct actions against him personally and against his regime to protect Americans.
Speaker 1: Back to the legality of it all, the cartels are officially designated by our government as armed terror organizations, and as such they are are they not enemy combatants and can be legally targeted by Trump under the president's constitutional war powers. So you do not need consent from Congress. Wasn't it long ago given by Congress when they approve the authorization for use of military force?
Speaker 5: It absolutely was. And even if you know, people will point to the War Powers Act for example, to say that the president has to go to Congress to explain what he's doing and seek their consent. Very good argument that the War Powers Act is itself unconstitutional, Yes, and so as the president, he can certainly consult with Congress. If Congress wants to weigh in, they can do so. They have in fact been doing so. The chairman of the Armed Services Committee, Mike Rodgers from Alabama. He looked into the questionable, you know, the questionable complaints about the one striking, whether that was a violation of the law of war, and the chairman walked away saying, I'm perfectly satisfied. The president's been doing everything by the book, by the law, and so he's acting fully within his constitutional authority. And oh, by the way, enemy commands, there's also a good argument that these are illegal combatants, much like we've said with al Qaeda and ISIS in the Taliban back in the early two thousands, and they don't necessarily get the protections of law war in those cases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you're right that legal scholars, many of them, have said that the War Powers Act, passed by Congress it was a resolution, is unconstitutional and in fact, past presidents have ignored it, including Barack Obama. And of course he used the so called wall run Terrorism Statutes to take similar actions as President Trump.
Speaker 5: Didn't he Oh, President Obama actually went further than any thing that President Trump is doing. President Obama issued a very length or had a very lengthy memorandum written that justified him killing American citizens overseas without any sort of due process, as long as they were suspected of being associated with terrorists or presenting a potentially eminent threat to the United States. The President Obama's legal team and he agreed, said that he could order lefold drone strikes against American citizens anywhere in the world as long as it met those conditions, and he did so. He did so hundreds of times. So you look at the complaints that are being lodged against the president and his team about violations of the laws of work. It's silly. And you know, I've been thinking a lot about this, greg and it's remarkable but also predictably pathetic that you see such unanimity about violations with the president with law of war, those alleged violations of the law war. You couldn't get that same unanimity about Hamas going out and killing women, children, babies on October seventh, clearly in violation of every law in the world. But in those cases they said, well that's you know, there were some justifications there, so call that any sort of illegal act ets that the Israelis are so evil. So it just goes to show the hypocrisy and the lengths that the president's opponents will go to in order to claim that he is just the worst man in the history of the United States. And you and I and the listeners, Now it's just not true. It's it's just sad rhetoric that is cloaked and illegal vernacular, when all in reality is is Trump arrangement syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is. And you know, Democrats and their media handmaidens or you know, raging still against Trump. But again, they didn't seem to care when Barack Obama went after terror targets with deadly drone strikes. In fact, he approved five hundred and forty plus strikes, killing roughly three four hundred people. Joe Biden did pretty much the same thing in Yemen, in Syria and Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere. But you know, when Obama and Biden to it, it's perfectly lawful, according to Democrats in the media. When Trump does it, it's somehow war crimes that's legally absurd, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It absolutely is. And by the way, you know, to paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld, you know, also find somebody who want to shoot shoot him. And I think that's that's the case here. If we find karis whether they're in the Middle East, or they're in Latin America, South America, or wherever they are, and they are threatening American lives, they are actively participating in killing Americans. Yeah, they need to be subject to the military force. And again it's you know, the hypocrisy and the irony. You know, there were incredible glee going after the manufacturer of opioids and Oscar winning movies about the crusades against them. But then you go after the makers of cocaine, Stanel and all these other drugs, and oh, my goodness, we violated the Geneva Convention. It's just a sad playbook that shows the desperation of striking out against someone who doesn't fit into this politically correct mold, doesn't use the language they like, and isn't pursuing the priorities they want. And so again, it's just sad, honestly at the end of the day. And the legal arguments are just smoke and mirrors to make it sound legitimate, but in reality there's nothing to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and I keep reading and hearing from so called experts. Oh, there is a violation of the law of arm conflict embedded in international law and established by the Geneva Conventions in nineteen forty nine. Wait a minute, did you guys read that because enemy combatants under international law can be lawfully targeted with deadly force in any hostilities. Those who are protected by that law are civilians and medical workers and religious personnel and wounded in six soldiers and prisoners of war. But that that's not happening here, is it.
Speaker 5: No, No, not at all. It's funny. I'm a bit of a history. Buffero was reading up in some World War two battles where the exact type of orders that people or alleged orders or no quarter, et cetera, supposedly our violation of all this. Americans were pursuing it and getting medals for it in World War Two, showing no quarter to the Japanese soldiers who are on convoys. And again, there are certain rules when it comes to the law of war. But anytime someone declares that, especially President Trump, has committed an open and shut violation of something particular, something as nebulous and in some ways you know, complicated, as a law of war, and they say, oh, it's clear violation. You know it's not. It is cherry picking facts, cherry picking scenarios and creating a fantasy situation in a fantasy case to convict him right away. But once you pull it apart, as you recognized and our listeners have recognized, this is not a violation. This is a president authorizing and executing exactly what he's been granted under the Constitution by the founders, and good.
Speaker 1: For him for doing it, all right, Brian Finch, many thanks. You're a terrific lawyer. You certainly know the subject matter quite well, and thank you for taking the time to join us. Brian Finch again partner at Pillsbury Winthrop. He's the co chair of the firm's Global security practice. So thanks again for being with us.
Speaker 5: Always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Correct, all right, when we come back, we're going to take a couple of phone calls. Our number is one eight one hundred seventy three twenty six. Give me a call, love to hear from you your comments or questions. Again, that number is one eight hundred nine four one. Sean. I'm Greg Jarrett. We'll be right back on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 6: Kennedy knows you're tired of government overreach and Big Brother watching your every move.
Speaker 2: Now it's time to take back America.
Speaker 5: This is the Hennity Show.
Speaker 1: Back with the Sean Hannity Show on Greg Jarrett right to our phone lines. Corbin joins us now from Springfield, Missouri, or as my mother who lived in Springfield used to call it, Missouri. Hey, Corbyn, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Call it whatever you want to Greg, Hey, I just want to talk to you about yesterday and today. You've laid out the law to where, you know what, an elementary kid could understand this thing, and thank you me. That's the way that it should be. And I'm kind of looking at Okay, here's what Letitia James has done, here's what finally Willis has done. You did, we went through what call me did here yesterday and I'm just you know, I want to head on a stick. I'm sorry, I want a head on a stick. I don't know what Pam Bondi's doing, but I don't know she's doing her job or not. You know what, we runed people's lives that were there at January sixth. We have somebody that actually lives here in the area that was there, and I mean the Biden Justice Department went after this guy. You know, that there was no mercy, right, no mercy, and these people are still walking around free, having a good time. I mean, Calemy puts eighty eighty six forty seven on the beach and well, I don't know what that means. Well, how I know what that means?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 3: You know all of America does?
Speaker 1: Corbyn? You're preaching to the choir. I agree with you one hundred percent, one thousand percent, and I've laid it out. I laid it out yesterday. I'm going to talk more about it today with Mike Davis in just a few minutes actually. But you know, I think in the new year we may well see criminal charges against a whole host of people who misuse the law to destroy Donald Trump, to try to drive him from office, and then when he ran for reelection in twenty twenty four, in the run up to that contest, they did the law fair crusade all over again, bringing specious charges, phony cases, invented facts against him. And I think they need to be held accountable. And there's a grand jury that will be convened in Florida, and guess what in your neck of the woods, Corbin, in Missouri, a grand jury we'll be right back