Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we've got your back to back classics today.
Speaker 2: And just a heads up if you didn't.
Speaker 1: Hear Friday's full show, we are going to repost it tomorrow on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yes, well right here. Indeed it has Jeff's World Cup song in it.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: We are broadcasting from a city that is a World Cup host, so it's really exciting for us to be part of that, you know, just big international stand. Yeah, that's cool, wild and it's so cool to see our city on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 3: We got like that.
Speaker 2: We are so happy World Cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I hope you're out there, you know, taking in some games. Yes, some matches sorry.
Speaker 2: And yeah Brook Yeah.
Speaker 4: And speaking of international men, okay, Daniella comments and it said me and my friends are holding a drunk Olympics on July eighteenth. I feel like Alexis would be a great addition all caps, there will be international men.
Speaker 2: Let me go if you'd like to join. I just appreciate how well you know me, bank you he does. She has your number, that's for sure. But there's no way that she is going to get a metal you know.
Speaker 4: I'm not even making the podium yet that I'll be a good sport.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, all right, you're back to back classic start right now.
Speaker 5: If someone gives you a present, no matter what it is, you're expected to show your appreciation.
Speaker 6: Of course, however you see fit.
Speaker 5: You could say, oh, thank you. You could talk about how much you've always wanted something like.
Speaker 7: This, that's always the best.
Speaker 6: Or you can do what I do.
Speaker 2: What the heck, jeff that's not how you say things.
Speaker 5: Swap pants with them as a token of gratitude. Yeah, but one of our listeners is worried that she messed up after her date brought a gift, and afterwards she sent him one text that definitely could have been misread as being rude and ungrateful.
Speaker 6: He should have stuck with the old their trade off.
Speaker 2: Why are your zippers so loud?
Speaker 7: Yeah they are. You're gonna hear what happened coming up in your second date.
Speaker 8: Update next Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second date updates.
Speaker 5: Is it okay to bring a gift on a first date? Yeah, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Take as long as it's yes, small, thoughtful.
Speaker 7: And I'm a low pressure like a little quirky key chain with their name on it, then why not like.
Speaker 9: A small dog.
Speaker 6: Well, that's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, somewhere in the middle, you want to avoid something that's too expensive, nothing too over the top romantic, because the goal is to just be sweet, not serious.
Speaker 1: If you can link it to some inside joke you already have, it's even better.
Speaker 5: You have to absolutely and our listener Allison mentioned a gift was involved in her first date recently. I don't know the parameters of it or what exactly happens, so let's talk to her about it. Allison, Hey, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: What did you get us as a gift? Oh well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just saying I thought that she was into gift giving.
Speaker 5: So well, before we get to the gift, let's start with who's the guy we're calling and how did you meet him?
Speaker 3: Well, his name is Corey, and I met him on a dating app.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm so curious if you were the gift giver receiver in this situation.
Speaker 3: I was actually the receiver.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, It's weird that he would give a gift and be that excited about a date.
Speaker 2: And then not be calling you back to another one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 10: So it was kind of my idea.
Speaker 3: I told him that he should bring a little gift to make a first impression.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, you asked for it. Okay, that really changes yea said, not calling while you're on the phone.
Speaker 6: It's good to have a woman who knows what she wants.
Speaker 2: How did he receive that? Did he laugh? At first? I would think that someone was joking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a little bit of a joke. But also on the other hand, it's also like, well, why shouldn't guys come with a little offering, you know, nothing big, nothing too crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think you're right, but naturally, like the guy should already show up with something tiny.
Speaker 1: Not joke from guys, what did you want him to bring you?
Speaker 10: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's up to him. I think it'd be cute to kind of figure out, like, what is he going to bring to impressed? But I also told him nothing too serious.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is more fun. You're not going in with big expectations. You're just trying to see how his brain works and what type of item he's going to get for you. Yeah, okay, So what did he end up bringing for you?
Speaker 3: A cinnamon roll scented candle.
Speaker 7: And nothing says romance like cinnabon.
Speaker 2: Like Grandma, but it's safe, right, Yeah? Yeah, he doesn't love the smell of cinnamon.
Speaker 6: What was your reaction to that?
Speaker 3: I thought it funny. I mean, throughout the entire date, I started calling him b f E, Big fragrance energy.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, there you go.
Speaker 6: Okay, an inside joke.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's pretty smart of the guy too, because now anytime you smell cinnamon rolls, you're going to think of him.
Speaker 3: I did ask him, like why he chose the cinnamon rolls sense, and he was like, oh, I imagined you're smelling like this, which I thought was kind of cute.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Do you work at a mall? Is that maybe why?
Speaker 11: No? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know why he imagined it.
Speaker 1: I think he probably couldn't come up with another reason, and he was just blurting out whatever of.
Speaker 4: The checkout aisle basically okay.
Speaker 6: Take us through the rest of the date.
Speaker 3: I mean, we weren't only talking about candles, but he let me text him a candle recommendation list because I got into candles a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Wait, could he have been insulted by that?
Speaker 9: Like maybe, like.
Speaker 7: The implication is, here's a bunch of other candles you should buy for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there are the flavor that you chose because you're wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I would have been insulted if I gifted a candle and then I got set back better than anything.
Speaker 9: You give someone a ring and they're like, here's better rings.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it offended him when it was like happening when I said it to him, because we were laughing and stuff. Okay, but then at the end of the day, I was open for a kiss because it was going so well. Yeah, but he just gave me a hug and then I was like, Okay, well, maybe he's still being a gentleman or something, because I thought he was going to ask me in the next forty eight hours to go out on the next date, but he didn't, Like, maybe he actually was offended. Like you guys are saying, did.
Speaker 1: You tell him that he had to bring a present on the next date at any point?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, no no no. It was kind of like a one time thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but with the list that you send in his mind, it might be implied that he's expected to show up.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, what if you saving up for a candle?
Speaker 6: Or that's all he's like, I just need twelve.
Speaker 2: Dollars more than twelve bucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's raking out. Guy, multiple candles on your list. It could be a big problem.
Speaker 9: So see, you overwhelmed him with wax.
Speaker 5: You expected a date within forty eight hours. That hasn't happened. How long has it been?
Speaker 10: Maybe a week?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay? And you ever heard anything?
Speaker 3: Nothing? And you know, I'm just pointing because I really do like him, and he's really freaking cute, and I really thought we had something.
Speaker 1: And it's easy for you to reach out to and be like, oh my god, look at my cute candle.
Speaker 2: Here's a picture of it in my house.
Speaker 3: You like that?
Speaker 2: Once you can't keep I don't know. Yeah, every time you used the candle.
Speaker 9: I had to blow it out for ten minutes. But I'm back. Yeah, here's another picture.
Speaker 2: Don't blow a candle out that soon? My husband?
Speaker 6: Did you do that properly?
Speaker 7: Have you texted him a picture using the candle?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 3: I mean the first time, it makes sense, but then that was like, awkwardly the last thing that was texted.
Speaker 2: It would be kind of.
Speaker 1: Funny if you took your candle with you everyone, are you waiting set them updates?
Speaker 2: Like here's the candle on the bus, don't do that the gym together.
Speaker 6: No, okay, let's not laugh. This was a very very cute gift, and now we're minimalizing it.
Speaker 5: I feel like there is a really sincere reason that he's not calling you serious.
Speaker 2: Okay, jeff I didn't know this serious.
Speaker 5: Making jokes of true romance. So let's try and do this the right way. When we come back, we'll call Corey and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you, hold.
Speaker 8: On broken, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 12: Second date updates.
Speaker 7: Imagine sticky sweet sugar melting into ribbons of cinnamon spice, with the aroma of buttery dough rising into the air like temptation itself.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, I think I'm pregnant.
Speaker 2: Did you just make that sexy somehow?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This doesn't just smell good, it seduces the What I just described was a gift our listener Allison received on her first date, a cinnamon roll scented candle from Corey.
Speaker 2: Most people think of Grandma's, but not Jeff.
Speaker 6: Where my mind goes.
Speaker 7: But afterwards, Corey has disappeared, just like a box of cinnabon left in.
Speaker 6: Our break room.
Speaker 5: The one thing Alison things she may have done wrong is send him a list of other candle sense that she likes, which even Brooke agreed is a little bit presumptuous, right Brooke, I.
Speaker 1: Could see it being read wrong. I don't think that that was her intention. But you know, I have a husband who loves candles, and he has a long list of his favorite sense. How to care for the candle, how to cut the wick. There is a lot of rules.
Speaker 5: My rule about candles is, whatever you do, don't eat it. Yeah, and it's a tough one. I have to remind myself every time. I know, Allison, you didn't do that right, you didn't bite into the same mineral candle?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, all right, we can rule.
Speaker 2: We need to ask our listeners.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's true. You never know what happens on these second date updates. People end up doing weird stuff we never thought of all the time. So let's call Corey and find out if he's a candle fiend, just like Brook's husband.
Speaker 6: Here we go in a dial his number right now. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Corey.
Speaker 10: Speaking.
Speaker 6: Hey, this is a radio show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up Corey Brook?
Speaker 7: Super cool radio show? Obviously based on what you've just heard. No, Brook, super sure, but we're called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: In the Morning. I'm just so con so many people, Yeah, a lot of people.
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, this is a segment that we do. It's called second Date Update. We're trying to help out one of our listeners who's asked us to reach out to you, a woman you went out with recently named Alison.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, first impressions about Alison.
Speaker 10: She's an interesting girl. She's definitely a quirky person.
Speaker 9: Interesting, quirky are good things, right, not always?
Speaker 5: Okay, We know that something must be up because you have not reached out to Alison trying to arrange a second date, and she just is a little confused about why it hasn't happened.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think she's just a little odd.
Speaker 6: Allison's odd.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she's a little odd. She had asked for me to bring her a gift to our first date.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean she told us about that, and actually she said she really appreciated the gift that you got her.
Speaker 10: Yeah, oh she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miss Cinnamon roll Kandle.
Speaker 7: Correct, Yes, I mean okay, is that the reason?
Speaker 10: Well no, so she I don't know if she told you, but she actually in fact got me two gifts.
Speaker 2: Wait, she brought you something. She didn't mention that at all.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 10: To be honest, she kind of surprised me because I thought I was really the only one who's going to be bringing a gift.
Speaker 9: But I love that she set him up like here, we give me a gift to test him, and then she had a gift to you.
Speaker 2: Guys don't get gifts very often. It seems like that would make you feel.
Speaker 6: Special, right, Why are you framing it as a bad thing?
Speaker 10: Well, it wasn't so much like the idea of the gift. That was the gifts that she brought that made me feel the uneasy uneasy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I am so curious as to what she brought me.
Speaker 9: Not the right stuffed animal.
Speaker 7: Hopefully it's not her baby teeth that she's been saving for the right.
Speaker 6: In it. That'd c What was the gift?
Speaker 10: So the first one there was a rock that she found on the sidewalk that morning.
Speaker 9: A rock.
Speaker 2: It could be kind of funny, like is it shaped like a heart or something?
Speaker 10: You know, No, just a rock. Oh and I just thought weird taking it because she said it with her lucky rock and she has given it to me, like that mean to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's at that point she just found it. It can't be that lucky, you know, it's not like it.
Speaker 6: It was lucky for that day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get yeah, So a rock that she found this morning. What was gift number two?
Speaker 10: The second gift she handed me was like a homemade coupon book. I don't know, one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like this is good for one BackRub, this is good for all.
Speaker 6: Do the dishes they're usually sexy things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they're usually things in relationships.
Speaker 7: Is that what it was?
Speaker 10: One coupon was for one good existential conversation. Another one was about like a midnight call where we talk about aliens.
Speaker 6: Aliens specifically.
Speaker 2: You can't talk about those at lunchtime. It's only a conversation.
Speaker 10: The other one was one deep discussion about the meaning of socks in society.
Speaker 2: I do a bit of joke. I mean that sounds funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well also kind of romantic. Do you know was it a joke?
Speaker 10: I mean, she's a bit woo, so it seems like, oh, probably on brand for her.
Speaker 13: I just kind of like, kill the mood.
Speaker 2: Socks doesn't turn them on, Jeff, it does you.
Speaker 5: Well, I know how to bring the mood right back up, and that's by letting you know that Allison is on the other line right now, listening, waiting to talk to you about alien conspiracy theories.
Speaker 6: So go ahead, Allison, what midnight?
Speaker 3: Hey Cory, Allison, what are you doing? I really thought the date went great, honestly, and I'm a little shocked right now that you're finding that little coupon book I made you weird. I think it's fun, especially like the docks of society, like docs are underrated, Like they say a lot about culture, personality.
Speaker 11: Like way more than people realize.
Speaker 10: Okay, it just was a bit odd for the first time eating Allison.
Speaker 2: It's a little strange that you didn't bring it up with us.
Speaker 3: I didn't you guys ever really asked.
Speaker 2: About the existential coupon book.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I agree with all of the things that you're saying, but putting it into a coupon book on a first date.
Speaker 6: I think that's the part that's a little odd.
Speaker 7: But that's why I.
Speaker 9: Thought it was a joke though, Like were you kidding?
Speaker 6: Were you being.
Speaker 3: Lighthearted about the aliens? Yes, like we can have that call anytime, oh okay, everything else.
Speaker 5: So she's just joking about the time frame when you can have the alien discussion and not just midnight, anytime of day you are down to chop it up about ali It.
Speaker 1: Is funnier when you say aliens at midnight for some reason?
Speaker 6: Is okay? Corey? Does that clear it all up for you?
Speaker 10: I mean, it's it's pretty much what I thought.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, you date somebody like her and maybe your mind opens up to some new ideas and some new experiences.
Speaker 3: Yes I can. I can open your mind and all that good stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just going to day with me.
Speaker 2: She's rubbing to Himalayan salt rocks.
Speaker 10: My mind is pretty open. But I don't know, it's just a bit much.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, what about big fragrant energy gay right b f E.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean if I'm not feeling it, I'm not feeling it. I'm sure, Like that's true.
Speaker 5: I mean, Allison, if this is how Corey feels, maybe he's not the right guy for you. You need somebody that matches your same vibe, your same energy that you're looking for.
Speaker 2: She needs to find a right sock to her left sock.
Speaker 3: Jeff Roman, But I like him, and I mean, I didn't even tell you. If there's another coupon in there, that's one free awkward hug.
Speaker 6: Awkward one.
Speaker 9: Oh funny, you guys can hug and be like no, no, no, that was way too good.
Speaker 6: We got to make it weird.
Speaker 7: I feel bad day.
Speaker 5: You don't want to pass up that opportunity because we would pay for you two to go out on another date.
Speaker 6: If you'll agree to it, Just give it one chance.
Speaker 9: Awkward kid, Oh, it's so funny.
Speaker 10: I actually think your host should go out on a date with her because he seems really excited about a lot of the things she's saying.
Speaker 2: Triple awkward hug.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anybody else wanted circle.
Speaker 5: Even though this didn't end up working out, there's not going to be a second date. I do think something positive came out of this. We were able to figure out that you're two different people after two different things, and that's Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I just say, like Corey, you can't use that coupon book if anyone else it only works with me.
Speaker 7: Oh, she's gonna get jealous.
Speaker 10: I think that's the deal.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's already thrown out the book.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I don't know why she's being persecuted for being creative with her cubon book.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're on your side out.
Speaker 5: Most of the time, coupons are like one free back rub, one day of me doing chores naked in the house, and those are so old and played out. It's nice to hear someone actually put some creativity and like shake it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I want to do the sock one, Like when when do we do the sock segment?
Speaker 2: Let her on and just let her go.
Speaker 6: That would be fun.
Speaker 5: But of course, you know us men, we don't like new ideas or creative shakeups to our normal routine. We're simple creatures who like the same old crap over and over and over forever till we're dead.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Somehow, someone's gonna say, Brook, why are you saying such mean things about men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, jeff that's me.
Speaker 6: I hate us, and.
Speaker 5: You can hate listen to us online wherever you get your podcast through up at Brook and Jeffrey. Or if you ever need help with your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 12: In the Morning.
Speaker 5: Imagine someone you really like and you just started dating suddenly stops replying to your texts.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well at that point is an invitation for his I'm wondering, what's the strategy that you use to get them to respond.
Speaker 2: To you, jeff before you give.
Speaker 5: Up, Jose, you might send them like one last funny meme, No you can go to give up, Alexis.
Speaker 6: Maybe you'd send them a Venmo.
Speaker 2: Request got strong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, someone on this show would send them a link to a map with their exact location and a note below saying I'm watching you that I'm just saying it could.
Speaker 6: Promise you it works.
Speaker 5: But one of our listeners was faced with that situation and did something a little unusual in order to get his crushes attention. We'll find out if his strategy worked in a second date update next.
Speaker 8: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 12: Second Date updates.
Speaker 5: There's so many different themed bars nowadays are like fun and kitchy. Yeah, but there's one where you can get drinks on a working carnival carousel.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 7: You just go up and down on your horse sea while getting schwated.
Speaker 2: Sounds like ye, yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: Part of the fun.
Speaker 5: And there's another one that's called a ping pong emporium with over one hundred ping pong tables.
Speaker 6: You just play and drink.
Speaker 2: It's like beer pong or whatever pong you.
Speaker 6: Want, whatever type.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: My personal favorite, though, is Lose gas Station just off.
Speaker 2: The Highway's theme by it is theme.
Speaker 7: It's just like a gas station and you can actually pump gas there.
Speaker 5: You just get a six piece sushi and a forty of mickeys, and then you head into the restroom see what happens.
Speaker 6: That's my style.
Speaker 5: But I guess one of our listeners did a themed bar for his first date the other night. His name is Matt, so let's talk to him.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 6: How you doing, I'm doing okay?
Speaker 13: How are you? Guys?
Speaker 2: Are you wishing you knew about Lose sooner so you could have taken her there?
Speaker 6: I can tell you where it is.
Speaker 13: I mean, I'm open to new places.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my guy. Maybe I'll see you in the restaurant there. But first, let's focus on this date you went on. Who is the woman that you met?
Speaker 13: Tanita is her name?
Speaker 2: Did you guys meet online on app?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 13: Actually it was a she's a friend of a coworker of mine.
Speaker 7: Whoa.
Speaker 2: We we never hear about things like people.
Speaker 6: This is weird.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm recently saying. My coworker just was like, oh, she's recently single too, so showed me a picture. I was like, oh, yeah, she's cute. Let's do this.
Speaker 6: I hate that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean he thought she was cute. That's exciting.
Speaker 5: Nobody sets you up unless they're taking pity on you.
Speaker 4: Looking for a rebounds.
Speaker 2: I got sat up with my husband.
Speaker 5: Yeah, talk about someone felt bad for you and hooked you up with some stranger.
Speaker 6: She's great.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: He turned up to be the best guy ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is, you're.
Speaker 3: To say.
Speaker 5: Anyway, back to Matt Brook, let's not focus on your pit a full life.
Speaker 6: Matt tell us about yours.
Speaker 13: Well, I was kind of trying to make it a year of of yes, so I can understand where you're coming from. So I just I was like, you know what, I'm just going to say yes to these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was it like when you guys first met.
Speaker 13: We first we talked on the phone and we decided like, yeah, let's meet in person. So we went to this bar that is like a bar and board games play.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you say, oh, like it's negative, Cheff bored for like.
Speaker 7: You know, romantic activity.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that goes.
Speaker 5: Yes for like a family game night, but I don't know about a date. Yea, what what games were you playing?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 13: Like, my favorite game is Connect four and hers is Sorry, So we grabbed one of those two and.
Speaker 1: Those are perfect because they're easy to have conversation at the same time you're playing them.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, that's what I like about Connect four. It's like it forces you to look at the person because it's vertical, you know.
Speaker 9: You apologize.
Speaker 5: I've definitely played both of those games before, but with blindfolds and handcuffs on. So it's probably a little bit different rules than you played.
Speaker 2: How do you know when you win Connect four if you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that seems like there were some different rules.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we don't talk to Jeff about that.
Speaker 6: You did the childhood rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was it like?
Speaker 13: It was great. Neither one of us were like overly competitive. We had some drinks. I mean, your producer even asked me. He was like, is there anything that you could think of that went wrong? And honestly, there was nothing that was weird. We got to know each other and it felt really cool.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was too boring? I mean, like that's the only thing, like, if there's nothing that stood out?
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, it was fun. Another thing is after the date is kind of a different story. Why So I fully intended to go out with her again, and she was into it. We talked about it. So the next day I sent her a text and I didn't get any response. So after a few hours I was feeling a little antsy, so I sent another and I'll just I'll read it to you guys. Hold on, So I wrote, you better text me back because I might go out with someone else tonight. And like a bunch of cute emojis.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I.
Speaker 7: Mean I see what you were trying to do there.
Speaker 1: Read if you spoke it, maybe, but reading it, especially when you read it from someone you don't know.
Speaker 13: That yeah, absolutely, I thought you would see that it was a joke, and she'd be like, yeah, what's his name? You know, like I thought she was gonna rip me back on it.
Speaker 2: So what did she say back? Anything?
Speaker 13: No? And so I just kind of sent a few more texts, Oh God.
Speaker 2: What did you say? As a follow up.
Speaker 13: I just kind of stuck with the same theme. I just was like, all right, I'm going out. I like sent her a picture of some shoes. I was like, seam, I'm getting alled up.
Speaker 5: Years from now, I'm gonna walk down the island, say I do you don't text me back?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Try that is so grand. All have you talked to the coworker that set you guys up?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: Because I just feel like it's embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Too embarrassing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 13: Even't sent her a sorry jiff with like the commercial from the board game.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, trying to make an inside joke that's don't really happening.
Speaker 5: There just too far fast exactly. This might be too far gone, but there's a chance we could.
Speaker 6: Bring it back.
Speaker 2: Oh can we delete the texas at too late for that?
Speaker 6: It'd be too late for that.
Speaker 5: But hopefully we can get her on the phone and sweetly convince her to give it another try.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I mean I really, I mean, you guys know that. So if you can help me, I'd appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Just don't start the conbo with you. Better text me back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you better stay on hold this entire time. Well, we're going to move on to a different person and get them a second date update.
Speaker 2: Set you a picture of my shoes.
Speaker 13: I deserve that. I deserve that.
Speaker 6: We're going to do your second d update right after this.
Speaker 8: Hold on that Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 12: Second date update.
Speaker 6: If you're just joining us.
Speaker 5: We're on the phone with Matt, who says he went out on the perfect first date peers, board.
Speaker 2: Games, It's fun.
Speaker 5: Body flirtations that night was flawless. After the date, though a little bit of a different story, Mad admits he may have messed up because she wasn't responding to his text yeah, and in a misguided effort to get to Nita to respond, he tried to egger on a little bit with something like, Hey, if you don't respond to me, I'm gonna go out with someone else.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And he'd only given it a couple hours two for her to respond. Yeah, she'd like left him on red for a day or two.
Speaker 7: And when he still got no reply back, he kept teasing for a while, saying, I'm serious.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna swipe on someone else soon.
Speaker 7: Now I'm putting on my shoes if you don't call me back.
Speaker 2: Are you a dad, because dad's never known when the joke's over either.
Speaker 13: I am not a dad.
Speaker 5: The thing is, he hasn't said like he's in love with her, but you can tell that he does like her, and you might do some questionable thing when you're really into someone.
Speaker 1: No, I really truly think you read it as a joke. I think she did not.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean that's the basis of it. I think I just figured. I'm already embarrassed. Lean in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tried. We're gonna try hard. We're gonna try harder.
Speaker 7: We're gonna call Tanita here in just a second.
Speaker 2: Digging out of a hole.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, you're not painting it very nicely for him, You're kind of piling. I'm just saying, I like to get a little positivity before we make these calls, a little forward momentum.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, then maybe she blocked you before she saw the rest of them.
Speaker 7: Forward bright, thinking that we need. Don't you feel a little bit better now?
Speaker 8: Matt thrilled.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Good news is we're not blocked yet. So let's see what she asked to say. Here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hey is this Tanita?
Speaker 6: It is Hey Tanita.
Speaker 5: You're on the radio right now with a fun morning show called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Tanita.
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh, let me get another cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, that's actually our tagline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not really, but I know this might be weird, but we do want to talk to you about your.
Speaker 6: Dating life a little bit. If you have a second.
Speaker 11: What do you mean, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: It's a segment that we do on our show called Second Date Update, and one of our listeners has reached out because he went out with you recently, had a great time, and now hasn't been able to arrange that second meet up.
Speaker 6: His name is Matt.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: He said he's played board games together, which sounded really fun.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 10: The whole date was fun until.
Speaker 7: So after the date, after the date wasn't fun.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, I mean I don't know. I don't know if he told you anything or whatever, but.
Speaker 5: I did hear that there were some texts exchanged, and by exchanged, I mean just from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the good news he's self aware at how embarrassing those are.
Speaker 11: Oh really, well, there were a lot more than just some texts. It was like, I mean, I don't know to the extent of what he said, but like he said.
Speaker 5: There was a lot that he was trying to like egg you on and say he was going to go on a date with somebody else if he didn't reply.
Speaker 9: He was trying to.
Speaker 1: Joke, but we also understand how it could be read not as a Joe stall and by like read literally just as a red flag.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, he like literally walked from me through an entire date with somebody. And that's where I kind of was like, maybe, yeah, what do you mean.
Speaker 9: Wait, what do you mean you walked you through a date?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah.
Speaker 11: It was first like he was talking about, like let's meet up, and then he's like, oh, I'm going to go out with somebody if you don't text me back, and then it was like I'm out with the girl now.
Speaker 6: Out Wait wait, he really went out on dates?
Speaker 2: No, I think it was a joke. I think he was just joking.
Speaker 6: Thought that was that was. That was the perspective that we got.
Speaker 9: Hold on, you read us the text and maybe we can decide.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, okay, hold on one Secon'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Look it up.
Speaker 6: You didn't, I don't think so.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm walking out the door now. That was the last Okay, okay, I just bought a drink. Everything's going, well, my.
Speaker 1: God, I think he's trying to be funny to this feels achy now.
Speaker 11: Though, Yeah, I'll read you his next text, I'm playing pinball with her, but sure, wish I was playing games with you.
Speaker 5: The board games that you were playing on your dates.
Speaker 2: I like that you can find the humor in this, so I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: It's a little bit terrifying.
Speaker 10: Actually.
Speaker 11: But his next text, this is the last one I got. So I kiss her at the end of the night, but was thinking of you the whole time. Smiley face, winki face, hurt.
Speaker 7: No, that's like me.
Speaker 1: And this is this is over like a what three hour time span that he said any of these.
Speaker 11: Well, it was like a whole day from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Of Oh my god, how did you not respond?
Speaker 11: Honestly, for the first one, I was at work. It was like there wasn't even enough time between the text for me to answer him, and then it just went off the rail.
Speaker 6: Did he make up that dates too? Is that a real thing?
Speaker 2: I mean, like literally texting at the same time he's kissing someone after.
Speaker 5: I'm very curious, and I just want to ask him directly, because I need to tell you to Anita that Matt's on the other line right now listening to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, with another girl, doesn't.
Speaker 13: Hey, yeah, a man. I thought I was embarrassed before.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 7: PHILIS said, buddy, what's going on in.
Speaker 13: I mean, what do you want me to say? I told you guys, I sent some embarrassing texts already.
Speaker 1: Well, but you said you sat like four not a whole day's worth, not I just made out way by date.
Speaker 13: Yeah, here's I don't remember getting a number, I mean.
Speaker 5: Date, What were you on a date with another woman for real? Or was that all just like made up as a joke.
Speaker 13: I really don't want to have to say.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, it's not funny at all that you were like ha ha guy.
Speaker 13: No, look look, okay, here's what I so, I went on another date. Okay, yeah, oh my god, I thought about you the whole time.
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Nothing in the last two minutes to you.
Speaker 9: But I was thinking about you the whole.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I mean, Ta, does it change your mind a little bit that he actually will Lee followed through and went out with a real girl. It's like kind of sweet and truthful in that way. It be kind, it's arranged if he made that whole thing up.
Speaker 11: If he made it up, I would have gone out with him again because that was like I totally would have because he's really really trying hard and maybe making a joke, but no, this is like a hard pass, hard pass.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he got into that part yet.
Speaker 13: Ta, Okay, Hey, can I change my answer? I made the whole thing up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, let's let's rewind the tape and delete.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the first time ever.
Speaker 1: It's like, normally people want what they can't have, and yeah, Tanita just doesn't want it.
Speaker 6: We don't know that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yet, go ahead. I mean, it's part of.
Speaker 6: Before I asked.
Speaker 5: Obviously, he's very embarrassed by what happened, but he knows he made a mistake. And sometimes when you really really are into someone, you do really really dumb stuff because you're afraid.
Speaker 2: Of losing, like make out with other women. I mean that happens.
Speaker 6: Plus Matt, you're not still seeing that girl?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: No, I mean good answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was just about to say.
Speaker 7: And start asking if you'd like to go out with Matt one more time and we'd pay for it.
Speaker 11: You know, he was so good at Connect four and so good at Sorry. He wins all the games, so he's really good at playing games. I'm gonna say, no, hope, something.
Speaker 7: Like, what do you doing all right?
Speaker 11: Matt?
Speaker 6: Answer? Yeah, we we can't catch you another date, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I thought of something to say, but I almost feel like it's worse than the other stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't think that the hole can't get deeper at this point. Matt, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 13: Go Aheadna. I just wish you would quit playing games with my heart my going as I said it, but I have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're all of our listeners, So thank you for that.
Speaker 8: Matt Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I was so hoping when we asked the question, tell me that wasn't a real date. I really wanted him to say, No, that's not real.
Speaker 6: Are you crazy?
Speaker 7: I made that up to get under her skin.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's exactly what he should have said, even if it was a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this man, I swear and like that.
Speaker 1: He didn't fill us in on that part, like when we first talked to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like important information.
Speaker 5: So when he told us he really did go out with someone else, you could hear all of our reactions.
Speaker 6: Plus the textboard was lighting up with people just.
Speaker 2: Call him an idiot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not happy.
Speaker 5: No, they said ditch this guy. We did get one text in support of.
Speaker 6: Matt, though.
Speaker 2: Was it the other person he was out with.
Speaker 5: No, it turns out it was from Matt himself. Okay, he said, hey.
Speaker 6: This is Matt.
Speaker 5: I'm listening to myself on the radio, and I think she should reconsider.
Speaker 6: It's not as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you really get a texting while he does.
Speaker 6: Matt, It was as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 2: But it's amazing he can get a lot of first dates. Yeah, you had two, Mack to back.
Speaker 5: Is that next one? Yeah, we'll keep working on that for you. But if you want some help getting another date, we can try. Just email the show. We'll call that person. Wasn't calling you back