Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's our two Dan and the Dan Edge Dan Patrick Show. Check in with the Buffalo Bills coming up. Jay Billis will stop by. We got big basketball matchups coming up. Jenny Tapp, she works the sidelines as a reporter for Fox Sports. She was on the sidelines for Penn State and Michigan. She'll be on the sidelines for Michigan and Maryland. Does she think Jim Harbaugh is going to be on the sideline? She'll join us coming up in a little bit eight seven, seven to three.
Speaker 2: DP Show email address dpat dan Patrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show say good morning. You're watching on Peacock. Thank you, and our radio affiliates around the country as well. Dan's Deals they're back. We got some great things there. Seatan's been doing this. There's the Kanga cooler's pouch that we have. You want to explain this though, these are college coolers.
Speaker 3: That yeah, yeah, so they have ones that are not college and they have other they have like Clemson, Alabama, Mississippi State, a whole South Carolina, a bunch of them, but you could basically it's a cooler that works with or without ice, and you could take a like a box, a twelve pack box and just slide it right into the cooler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's super it's lightweight, it fits exactly the twelve pack, or you could put a six pack in there if you want to. It's a great cooler though. It's like one of those things that if you're not sure what to get somebody, or like, what the hell am I going to get this person who d All of these gifts are actually great for that.
Speaker 2: And you could get this for fifty percent off. These are Dan's deals, and it's a Black Friday. Before Black Friday, you're going to be able to order these coming up on Thursday. I remember Mark Cuban made a deal with these people on Shark Tank back in October of twenty twenty. Yeah, yeah, that's right. These were on Shark Tank. These killers. They're really cool. So sign up for the DP show newsletter and you'll get access to the savings Danpatrick dot com. Put your email address in the box it slides out bottom right corner. All we're doing is helping you with suggestions for the holidays, and we handpicked something that we think that you would like and take advantage of the savings here, all right, poll question for hour two, you want to recap hour one? Yeah, I could do that for you. Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: These are all very coach and player specific poll questions. Yesterday we had up there who's corrected things more? Russell Wilson or Sean Payton? Right now, Sean Payton's getting about sixty five percent of that vote. We also have up there the Bills are going to be in the super Bowl or miss the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately for them, ninety five percent of the audience have missed the playoffs.
Speaker 2: If I would have said that two months ago, that they're not after ten games, they're not going to be in consideration for even a playoff spot, you'd probably go that's not going to happen now with Josh Allen home field advantage. But last night, was it more of Denver winning the game or Buffalo losing the game. It did feel more like Buffalo lost that game. But here is Josh Allen after losing last night.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't have been in that position.
Speaker 5: From the first places, A lot about football, a lot about football, and then the opposite end of the rainbow, here's Russell Wilson in a good mood talking about the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Let's ride.
Speaker 6: This is a huge one.
Speaker 2: This is a good football team. We just played, and obviously the past couple of weeks we've been playing some really good, good teams. So to beat the Chiefs, beat these guys, you.
Speaker 7: Know, sets the standard of who we should be and who we can be and who we're going to be.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, feels like Sean Payton has a better handle on his team and his talent. And then it feels like he's limiting Russell Wilson to those big plays, not necessarily letting him cook. And if he is, it's a TV dinner, It's like, no, not yet, Let's don't do anything crazy. But Russ did make a couple of plays though he escaped, and I still think that that that's really the weapon here. Let him be somebody who can beat you with his arm and his legs, combine the two. Don't make him just sit in the pocket. This is a month ago today, Broncos had just lost to the Jets. Here's a headline Insiders predict when the Broncos will bench Russell Wilson. Should Denver consider benching Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson's contract should make the Broncos consider benching the quarterback. There's probably twenty to thirty articles saying the same thing. It was time to make a change in Denver, and then they win three straight. I mean you had some details here from insiders from the mothership, the Broncos. They have to bite the bullet and cut him before the twenty twenty five guarantee kicks in in March. Okay, I'm gonna cut him. Here's another insider. The twenty twenty five salary is guaranteed for injury, which deepens the intrigue at the Bronx continue to slide this season. Would Peyton pull him for Jared Stidham? Okay, I want to know if they're all in on this now. Russell Wilson already has thirty nine million guaranteed next season. Any kind of significant injury that would not allow him to pass a fiscal in March would guarantee another thirty seven million. At some point, the Broncos probably have to consider pulling him as a starter. I don't know if you feel the same today this morning as you did a month ago. Exactly a month ago today, that was the conversation about Russell Wilson. Yeson, turns out you don't need to bench him. You just need to get him to stop throwing the ball. Turns out you just need to go back to the what he played in Seattle. Yeah, pretty much. You know. Turns out you need to not let him cook. Yeah. Man, Now hey, all of a sudden start winning games. How about that? He can be a soux chef. He doesn't have to cook. Sean Payton is the one who cooks. But I'm going to give Sean Payton the credit here. I wasn't giving Russell Wilson to blame this year. If you go back, I just said, look, Gill, he's not the problem here. He might not be the solution, but he's not the problem here. And he's actually played a whole lot better this year than he did last year. But this is, you know, being in Sean Payton's system understanding it. I thought it the trade deadline. If you made an offer, you were going to get a wide receiver or two from the Broncos. That's what I find interesting. It felt like they were selling, even though they said they weren't. But it felt like everybody was saying, this is what it cost to get Jerry Judy, and then all of a sudden, nobody got traded and this team is at least respectable. They're four and five. It's weird how four and five doesn't sound so bad to the Bills. Five and five? Where you go now the Bills, But you know, it's a sliding skill of what the expectations were for the Broncos and what they were for the Buffalo Bills. Yes, non believer Todd Bridge Broncos.
Speaker 8: Phonay, and not just the Broncos and Bills this season because there's no great team.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of very average teams.
Speaker 8: So four and five is not only respectable, it's kind of par for the course with a lot of the teams that are as far as what their records are.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know if you should be talking a lot today because you didn't believe in your Broncos. You got your Broncos gear.
Speaker 8: I'm going to double down the other way to say Denver should be six and three because they led week one sixteen ten against the Raiders and they were blowing out the Commanders in Week two, and the way to blow.
Speaker 2: It we're not doing that, so sick. No, we're not doing that. You didn't think they would win last night?
Speaker 6: I thought they would lose by two touchdown?
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, the Broncos have an interesting schedule coming up. They host the Vikings, they're surprisingly good Vikings, then the Browns, who seem better, and the Texans who are threatening, and then the Chargers and Lions. And that's not easy at all.
Speaker 2: They could lose all those gears, right, go zero to four? Now, I hope they do just for you, Todd, No, I'm I tried thing. I tried to get you to understand that they could win that game last night, and you wouldn't buy in. You kept going. Now they're gonna lose by thirteen.
Speaker 6: Regardless of how much they were gonna lose by.
Speaker 8: They did look like they were about to blow it when it was twenty two to twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they won the game. Ton They won the game barely, asked the Buffalo Bills. I love it, take it barely.
Speaker 6: I love that they went, but they missed it.
Speaker 2: You should not be wearing Broncos gear. Mac football tonight Spurs at the Thunder, which is what I'll be watching and Timberwolf's at the Warriors, Jim Harball speaks and not sure if he's going to speak at a hearing coming up on Friday. Uh, Jenny Taft if Fox Sports will have more information on that. Yes.
Speaker 9: Going back to Russell Wilson, Yeah, it felt like a classics. It did feel like a classic Seahog scene, like see what was saying? You know, remember the back in the day when he would always get the ball and they'd be down like fourteen ten to start the fourth quarter and you're like, Okay, make sure he has the ball.
Speaker 6: Ass.
Speaker 9: Make sure Russ has the ball. Ass he doesn't have like the weapons. But it did feel like one of those old day Seahawks games from eight years ago.
Speaker 2: Nobody's had more comebacks fourth quarter comebacks than Russell Wilson has since he came into the league. That was his forty second one. But I always look at it and go, why are you always losing? Why do we need a comeback? If you were better in the first three quarters, then you don't need a comeback.
Speaker 9: We did a stat once with our old stat guy and Russell Wilson in the first three quarters, this was like prime Russ and Seattle. He was like just he was like a b quarterback the first three quarters, yeah, and then the fourth quarter he was a plus. It was like him and Rogers were the fourth quarter guys.
Speaker 2: But how do you get down to then have to come back? That's what I always wonder. But last night Broncos got to win. But this is more about the Buffalo Bills. Steve Tasker, who's the former Bills All Pro. He's an analyst for the Bills. He'll join us coming up in about an hour from now. Does he think the season is over? And what can you change? What can you change, if anything for this team. Luciano in Brooklyn is back with us.
Speaker 10: Hey Luciana, Hey morning, Capo, Hey b Marvin Peace, King with us, saying, and to the good fellaws, Todd Seden and the funny guy who says he doesn't know what it's about, Kekosa. It's about honor, it's about lord to you, it's about being a stand up guy. That's what it's about, all right, Capo, It's time to earn your paycheck. Baby.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 10: Okay, so before you make this ruling, I need you to make this a jury trial and bringing King, Marvin and the good fellas because I have a bet with a local scumbag for five flights as of probloon, and he's under the oppression because of my status in my neighborhood that I might be able to influence your ruling. So here we go. Recently, the seventy six ers have announced via Allen Iris singing, that they're putting up a statue of the answer on the Ledgers Walk in Philadelphia, so which is well deserved, but it also sparked a very colorful debate that falls like riding your will house. And when I say in your warehouse, I'm talking just like a big fat meatball over the plate that Berry Barnes when he had that big old balloon head. I forget about it. You know it's getting crushed, you right, So smell me on this. Who's had a greater cultural influence under NBA? Alan, everybody's copied my physical aesthetics Iversen or Michael Jordan. Yeah, but everybody wears my shoes.
Speaker 2: Jordan's okay, let's go around the room. I have my answer, Todd.
Speaker 6: Culturally, I'm gonna say Alan Iverson culturally.
Speaker 2: See no counter m I'm still gonna say Jordan's all right, Marvin culturally bigger impact Michael Jordan PAULI a quick second on this, I would say Nike made the culture. That's not one of the options.
Speaker 9: Right Uh. Alan Irison walked in with his own look, he apologized to nobody, and people loved it. I would say Iverson on youth, he himself had more of an impact.
Speaker 2: I would say Iverson culturally. You know, business wise, Jordan did, but the culture of what Iverson did when he came in with tattoos, you know, cornrows, the throwback jerseys, the way he played for a little guy to be able to play that way, I would I would say Iverson for me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I don't know that you can while business wise, certainly, I don't know that you can understate the cultural importance that the Jordan brand has had. Has created almost an entire industry just based on selling and reselling sneakers, you know, seventy five percent of which are just Jordan's and then the rest are like yeezis for a couple of years or whatever, some dunks here and there, but that's basically its own industry. There's entire social media platforms dedicated to just those sneakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a product. Iverson is a person, so he did it himself. Jordan didn't even want to go to Nike. They wanted to go to Adidas. So Adidas create, you know, Jordan helped them create this image or Jordan, and then of course they were great shoes, and I understand the status of those, but I think a person culturally as opposed to a product.
Speaker 3: But if Nike could have done it without Jordan, why didn't they? They were a running sneaker before he got there. Yeah, so I mean it was Jordan that did it. Jordan made it possible for Nike to do that. I get that you kind of maybe can't do one without the other. If Jordan had gone to Adidas, would they have been the same thing. I don't really know. But Nike, I mean, Michael Jordan put Nike on the map.
Speaker 2: Well they made it a bigger map with Nike. Nike was on the map, a massively bigger map. But Iverson was one person, one person. He didn't have a company that, you know, capitalized on this, and maybe they couldn't. I'm just saying that what Iverson did we had not seen before, and what Jordan did we had not seen before. You know, it's an unfair question from this standpoint of Jordan. I mean the fact that Jordan makes millions overnight when he's in bed, you know that everybody wants to wear these shoes. That is probably making him emeritus. Whereas Iverson, I think that was a look in the NBA opened the door for tattoos and he had no apologies. And the way he played at his size now that yeah, it's not a fair question, just because the enormity of that Jordan brand.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul, you know, I thought Luciano was going to ask us when he brought up Iverson and getting the statue. I thought he was gonna ask us, is Allen Iverson deserving of a statue, because if you don't win a title for a franchise, it's hard to get a statue. But he's statue worthy. Allen Iverson again, impact on the court, what he did at his size, how beloved he was in Philly and is in Philly. For guys who don't have titles like Damn Reno, Allen Iverson, there's only a couple that are statue worthy.
Speaker 2: He got to the NBA finals. I mean Marino got to a super Bowl. But yeah, and.
Speaker 11: Allan Iverson has as many scoring titles as Kevin Durant. That's nuts to think about a guy. Well, I saw Allan Iverson in person. I was like, wait, no, I know, I'm a little taller than he is, and he's over here dominating. He was dominating and taking Eric Snow and Aaron McKee in the That's true to the NBA Finals. That's up there with Lebron's team as that's neck and neck as wait he took wait and you go downstall Basketball Reference dot Com, You're like, wait, wait, who's on that?
Speaker 2: Bill Simmons should have done something on the worst teams to go to the NBA Finals because that that's that. And I covered that Sixers finals, and I covered the Spurs finals too, and I'm like when they went out on the floor against the Spurs and I go, this is not going to end well. Not gonna end well. And then Philly, I think one game one against the Lakers and I'm thinking, wow, maybe they can make this a series. And then and then reality set in.
Speaker 9: Yes, PAULI, yeah, that Allen Iverson team. What would that be two thousand and one? Yeah, one, I think they had like George Lynch tyrone Hill, Theo Ratliffe, ericsone nice complimentary players, not even like a B player, not like you know, even close to us Scotti, Pippens.
Speaker 2: But they're not starters right, well, they shouldn't even be starters.
Speaker 9: They were all starting on this team. Aaron McKee was off the bench to Kelly an older Matumbo and older Tony Kukoch. There wasn't a Batman and a Robin.
Speaker 2: There was no Robb.
Speaker 9: Batman and Batman.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 11: I at least thought it was like a Larry Hughes on that team, like oh like eighteen a knight. Nope, not even that Larry Hughes, like one of those guys like PAULI was just saying, like a B player, like okay, he can give me seventeen to eighteen a night man.
Speaker 2: I mean to drag them to the NBA finals.
Speaker 6: Like those two the Pistons.
Speaker 2: You deserve a statue for dragging that team to the NBA finals. Yeah, what if the statue is the whole team on his back, like like have Eric Snow with his arm out holding on to Ivers and THEO ratlift and then there's little iverson you know, dragging them to the NBA finals.
Speaker 11: He's got to come back on the show by the death AYI. He said he didn't want to lift weights because they looked heavy.
Speaker 2: He's got that voice though, he's got that tone loke voice. What a character, man, What a character? All right? Uh, we'll get to phone calls coming out Jay billis a little bit later on, and Steve Tasker, who covers the Bills, will join us. And coming up next Jenny Tapp. She'll be on the sidelines for Michigan in Maryland. Is she expecting Jim Harbaugh to be there as well?
Speaker 1: Back after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick's Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: W APP.
Speaker 7: Listen to comeback stories. I'm Darren Waller. You may know me best as a tied end for the New York Giants. He may also know me for my story of overcoming addiction alcoholism. You may have heard a few of my tracks as an artist or a producer, and you may have seen the work that I've done through my foundation. And you may know my friend and co host Donnie Starkins as well. He's a mindfulness teacher, a yoga instructor, a life coach, a man fully invested in seeing people reach their fullest potential. And we've come to form this platform of Comeback Stories to really highlight not only our own adversity, but adversity in the lives of well known guests with amazing stories. Catch us every week on Comeback Stories on the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: A lot of times, when you see a coach going off the sidelines at halftime, there's an understanding that this sideline reporter is going to get two questions. Sometimes it's only one, maybe it's three. There's a discussion maybe pregame if you're going to talk to the coach. And I was wondering with Jenny Taff she was working the sidelines with Penn State and Michigan and Jenny joins us. Now, at what point did you realize that Harball wasn't going to be there and how much prep work did you have on what you were going to talk to him about.
Speaker 12: Well, first of all, thanks for having me on. This is really special to be a part of the show, so thank you. And you know, it was one of those situations Dan where you're not I've never been in a situation like this before, where oftentimes the broadcast has a lot more information going into the game, maybe the public doesn't know. We had no idea if Harbaugh was going to show up minutes before the game and throw. The week we had had a conversation with coach Harbaugh and he said, if for some reason there's I am not able to coach, it will be Sharon Moore. So we knew that going into it, but they had They really did not believe.
Speaker 4: That that was going to be the situation.
Speaker 12: So I felt a little bit like an investigative reporter on Saturday morning, and yeah, you're always looking at body language and talking to players and coaches, and it was just a different energy because no one knew. I interviewed Sharon Moore during warm ups when they still didn't know if Harba could potentially show up, and obviously the mood.
Speaker 4: Continued to shift.
Speaker 12: So I know Sharon Moore and I've gotten to know him pretty well over the years, and he had a calm confidence to the way he was carrying himself. But then when he realized he was going to be the guy, I did feel like he tensed up, and you could just sense that it was a big opportunity for him.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say Harball showed up. What was your question going to be prior to the game.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh.
Speaker 12: First of all, Harba, I have It's been years for me convincing him to do these so, as you know, he doesn't love them.
Speaker 4: But I would have chased him down and.
Speaker 12: Said, coach, the last twenty four hours have been insane. You've been in your hotel room. What has been going through your mind? And how are you prepared to.
Speaker 4: Win this game today?
Speaker 12: I think the issue is, and I've been asked this, do you ask about the allegations in that moment? And I tend to believe that you have to allow the game to play out, and perhaps after a win. I would have taken that opportunity to congratulate him on the win. Had they won with Harbor coaching, I assume it would have been the same outcome there. And then you possibly give him the opportunity to address a different audience because he's spoken about it, you know, in his press conferences. But I would try to give him that moment. But as we all know, with Harbaugh, and as Sharon Moore did the same. They like to start the interview and then hand him off to a player, so I'm kind of used to that when it comes to Michigan.
Speaker 2: What do you expect is Harbaugh on the sidelines this weekend?
Speaker 10: Boy?
Speaker 12: I have a feeling, yes, just based on how confident they seemed to be. Obviously, we know that that hearing is set for Friday, and I'm sure you saw some of his quotes yesterday from his presser saying that he's watched plenty of Judge Judy and he's prepared for his big moment.
Speaker 4: I mean, he had an all time.
Speaker 12: List of quotes yesterday that I just to say that Harbaugh is not stressed about this. It's kind of crazy, but I don't think he really is. And he said to us over and over again, and this is what he is telling us. I did not know what was going on, and you know, he's handled the pressure and he said to me, I don't want the players to deal with this. Let everyone come my way. So Harbaugh knows the hard questions are coming. He hasn't decided as of yesterday if he will speak on Friday, but if he's not there, Seron Moore will continue and After what we saw from Saturday and the way he was able to do both manage that offense and lead the team, I thought it was pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: We had Brady Quinn on yesterday and I said, and he was talking about this too, could you set up a camera where I was. We're interested in watching Harball watch the game than I would have been watching the game itself. But is there any chance that you could do an interview with him, or even the broadcasters could do an interview with him if he's watching from a hotel room.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, you better believe I'm gonna ask.
Speaker 12: I actually did ask that question if we could send a camera to the hotel. I was shut down by Michigan, which I understand. I mean, at that point, they don't even know and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Where is he watching? Oh, he's in the hotel room, I said, with whom is he watching?
Speaker 12: Solo and just pacing like Harba watching a game in his hotel.
Speaker 4: Room should have been just like a steady cam video that we were going to on the side.
Speaker 12: So look, I guess we don't know until Friday takes place, but I know that Fox will do whatever we can to make sure we have some sort of Harbaugh cam and I will do my best to get all that inside scoop and he is going to talk to me if he's there. He can't say no to me this time.
Speaker 2: Do you know that for sure?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I'm gonna.
Speaker 12: Make get very clear to him because like, you have to talk, and I've given him this out in the past, but at the same time, like coach Harbaugh, you got to talk now.
Speaker 2: So it's too big of a news story. And hopefully he understands that. Plus he's playing the victim and now he's the coach of America's team, and.
Speaker 4: That's what he said, America's team, right.
Speaker 12: And I know he doesn't like doing interviews because I know he wants the attention to be about the players, but this is different, and I do think he understands that now.
Speaker 4: So I don't worry.
Speaker 12: When we get off this, I'm gonna text Michigan's sid and make prepared for all interviews.
Speaker 2: Well, they're probably watching writing down all of this. We're talking to Jenny Tapps. She'll be on the sidelines Fox Big Noons Saturday, and it'll be Michigan and Maryland. Then it'll be Ohio State and Michigan the following Saturday. Oh my god, how physical does it get on the sidelines for you? What do you mean, you know, postgame Joscelyn trying to get a coach camera, people like, you know.
Speaker 4: It's pretty intense.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: Look, I think back on Michigan.
Speaker 12: Ohio State a couple of years ago, when Michigan had finally gotten the wind ann Arbor snow coming down. I'm trying to find Aiden Hutchinson. I'm actually pregnant at the time, which is wild considering some of my security guards were like, we don't want you to do the interview of the storming of the field, and I'm like, you think I'm going to miss this.
Speaker 4: Interview, Like there's no way.
Speaker 12: So yeah, at times it's a little intense, but that's half the reason why I love the energy of being a sideline reporter. I think you feel it in a different way when you're on the field and you're chasing down coaches. We tend to have a plan, right Like, had Penn State one, I would have tried to find coach Franklin to the side, Like at some point you have to a little bit map it out, because if you don't want to miss the coach. That's the worst case in any field storming situation.
Speaker 4: But it's physical.
Speaker 12: But at the same time, it's kind of what I love about it, and I would never turned down any of those interviews. Like I sprint to get to that coach as fast as I can when the game ends. And yeah, Sharon, did I anticipate the tears.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 12: I felt he was starting to feel it, like it was syncing in right before we had kind of chatted, and then once he started to get a little emotional, I you know, I soaked it up a little bit and I felt like I didn't anticipate the swearing. He actually did text me right after, which I thought was really sweet. He said, I'm so sorry I got emotional. I'm sorry about the F bombs, but like I couldn't help myself. And I think that that just speaks to the emotion of college football. Like it's so it's just they had been through a lot and it was a big deal for him.
Speaker 2: Loudest stadium you've.
Speaker 4: Been in, the big House is hard to top. It really is.
Speaker 12: I know, I'm just talking about Michigan, but like you know, I was pretty impressed by Bieber Stadium. This was our second game at Penn State, and I will say that the way it's set up, it's just a really impressive fan base and crowd. And I haven't had a night game there, but we've just really enjoyed going to Happy Valley and like that crowd is it's pretty special.
Speaker 2: Being a journalist. Can you confirm this that Brady Quinn does a party pump before he goes on on the show on Big Noon Kickoff?
Speaker 4: I mean, what does it?
Speaker 12: Brake does it all right? Like Brady's what can't you do? He got stopped.
Speaker 4: Twice on our way home for autographs like this guy.
Speaker 12: Like it's just he can't he can't get away from being Brady Quinn. And he's a great teammate. I'm actually so lucky to work with a guy like him. I know he comes on the show often, so he should have taxed him for some insight.
Speaker 2: He seems like he could be high maintenance though, you know, hair, makeup.
Speaker 12: Well, it's just one of those like when he looks better than me, it's just not a great sign.
Speaker 4: For like a broadcast crew.
Speaker 12: I feel like I try to put myself together and then I Brady Quinn and like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do what you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's not fair. That's why he's called beef O Brady thing grading. Good luck this weekend, we'll be watching. Thanks for joining us. Congrats on your baby too, Thank you job, Thank you Jennie Taff. She'll be on the sidelines there looking for Jim Harbaugh. And it's Michigan and Maryland and then Ohio State in Michigan the following Saturday. It's a job that your job is to make it look easy, smooth, fluid, and it's not because it can be choppy and chaotic and survival, especially when the fans storm the field and then you're just looking. You're looking, You're looking. Your camera person's there, and you're just there's this you know, sea of people and you're trying to do your job and the fans are running by and yelling and screaming they want to be on camera. It's chaos. It's disorganized chaos. I was going to say organized chaos, but there's nothing organized about that. But to be able to ask the question, and you know, when you see that reporter and she has to or he has to run off the field with the coach because the coach won't even stop sometimes and then you're like, I'm gonna kind of slow down, ask your question, Hey, what what changes are you gonna have in the second half? Yeah, as if I'm gonna tell you good luck coach for the second half. Yeah, yeah, Mark.
Speaker 11: I've worked a couple of NBA games where they the national TV games where they have the post quarter interviews and you can see they pre taped before they come back from commercial break, and so as soon as the horn sounds off at the end of the quarter, the coach, hey is he, Hey, George whoever? It is right, and they do it and then they just they're just so irritated, like they so, there's somebody from the PR department.
Speaker 6: You gotta do this.
Speaker 2: Does anybody enjoy doing it?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 8: Papovich lets you know he hates Oh I know that. Yes, the professional don't be rude. They're doing their job. They're not coming up upon you and attacking with the microphone. This is all planned ahead of time. It's all part of the broadcast rights. You know it's coming.
Speaker 6: Just deal with it.
Speaker 8: They want to give a vague, bad answer whatever, but you know a couple of questions are coming. Don't be nasty or rude and have one foot like out the door towards the locker room while you're talking to them.
Speaker 2: Thank you to hate that, thank you, thank We needed that insight.
Speaker 6: Yes, Mart, But in my situation, they weren't rude.
Speaker 11: They just kind of and then they go over and they're really nice and cordial to the person interviewing them because they're just doing their job.
Speaker 6: Papavich is a whole different animal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 9: My favorite postgame interviews were always the NSA tournament after the final team lost and they interviewed that, you know, Jay Wright and Jay Wright jumping around, is you got the net? And then you go, let's throw it to Bonnie Burns with Roy Williams, And all of a sudden they bring out they drop the background sound. I know how they do this. They dropped the background sound. It's an empty hallway and there's Roy Williams and Bonnie Bernstein coach, and she has to do funeral voice. It's a totally different interview.
Speaker 2: How do you feel, coach? How do you think I feel? What did you say to your team?
Speaker 6: Yeah, coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are you going to North Carolina? Yeah yeah. Pull.
Speaker 9: On the other hand, when I first started ESPN, I got to do a little field producing and I saw Andrea Kramer and Andre Kramer. You guys all know her, right, she can't be more than five to three. And there was a post game where she was going to get I think it was like Bob Davey or someone from Notre Dame and there's security and there's people, and there's flushing. She went in there and she was pushing people physically.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's gonna she's gonna get her mess, getting her man. She will get her mass.
Speaker 9: There's no doubt about it. She had a forum out and the microphone on the other hand, and she went right into the pile and got arm around. Bob David really impressied she.
Speaker 2: She is as determined as anybody I've ever met. To get this story. Absolutely, yes, Mark.
Speaker 11: Is the Super Bowl the wildest postgame thing you're a part of where people are physically pushing each other.
Speaker 2: I would, well, that's different because there's a lot of different agendas going on at the end of the Super Bowl. And I only know where I was. I would be behind the goalpost and then waiting for the pod. I knew where the podium was going to be built, the platform, the stage, and then I would just wait. And it took about five minutes that they came out of nowhere, set it all up, and then all of a sudden, you walk up there because they're going to commercial break. Next thing you know, somebody is carrying the Super Bowl trophy up. Commissioner's up there, owners up, their quarterbacks up there, coaches up there, maybe another player is up there. And that happens so quickly. But I know where I'm going. You know, my mark from A to B is probably fifteen or twenty yards straight ahead. That's it. But trying to get everybody and get them up there. You know they're out there hugging with family and friends. Even you know, when you carry the trophy up, you got to have an opening for them to carry. Joe Namath was walking the trophy up and the players kind of parted the sea and let Joe come up there, and they were touching the super Bowl. It's so quick, it's it is chaos and people yelling. I mean, you know, I have Kevin Hart down there, you know, the base to the steps, yelling I should be up there. I'm an Eagles fan. I'm a big Agle fan, and I'm going that sounds like Kevin Hart. Now I'm getting ready to hand out the trophy, and I got Kevin Hart, like I don't know, twenty feet away, yelling at security that he should be up there on the podium and get just wild. There's nothing like it. I mean, not many people get to experience that, but those who do know what I'm talking about, where you go, oh my god, and you just want to get up there and not make a mistake. That's it, you know. The one mistake I made was with Gronk when he was holding the trophy and I'm interviewing him and I said, did you ever think that you would get this feeling again? He goes, this is my first super Bowl? And then you go, ah, e me. But it wasn't. It was more the team. Did you guys ever think you would get this feeling again? But Gronk goes, no, this my first super Bowl. I'm like, hey, you got me? And then you gotta just quickly rally and go all right, gron thank you. Julian Edelman, come on in here. Did you ever think that you would get this feeling again?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Only did? All right, let me take a break. More phone calls coming up. My thanks to Jenny joining us, and top of the hour, we'll dive in with the Buffalo Bills with Steve Tasker. Jay Billis stops by. You know, ja'se a lawyer. I want him to represent Jim Harbaugh and Michigan and then I want him to represent the Big Ten. We'll put Billis on the spot there. All right, we'll take a break back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live Big Ten Saturday Night, Nebraska, Wisconsin Saturday on NBC and Pea Conk. Here comes Saturday Night, presented by Discover seton Would you update the poll results? Which pole question would you like? Updated? Day with surprise? And then we're gonna play the Super Bowl game coming out. Here's a new poll question for you. Josh Allen is a top three NFL quarterback or hurting his team as much as helping it? Paul, He's not a top three quarterback, certainly not now. He was at one point, Yes he was, But it feels like it's a we were rooting for the Bills. I think it sounds like there was a collective in the media that they were kind of this is their time the last three years. But then I felt like there was a good reason for that though. Yeah, and then the injuries to the defense. But you know, offensively, you just you can't be a team that goes deep into the playoffs if you have twenty five pass interceptions and lost eight fumbles and you're the quarterback and that's since twenty twenty two. I mean, that's not a long time. And then Trevor Lawrence's second six turnovers behind you, and sometimes you trying to do too much. I understand that Josh Allen probably reverting back to his days at Wyoming when he had to do everything or felt like he had to do everything. But back then you could do everything. When you get to the pros, you can try to do everything, but somebody's gonna be a little bit quicker, stronger, faster. You're going to make mistakes and they're going to capitalize on that. And all these turnovers last night are not on him, but he still has to deal with the fallout from that. If they score a touchdown, now, does that change your game plan? Are you able to run the ball forcing a pass in. Stefan Diggs had I think four targets last night. Five targets. How's that possible. It's like Devonte Adams. You know, they realize, hey, we should go to Davante Adams twelve fourteen times a game, and then they go, man, he's great. Yes, that's why you go to him twelve or fourteen times. What's the downside? Yeah, I don't go to Hunter Renfro. I want to go to Devonte Adams as much as possible, Stefan Diggs as much as possible, Jamar Chase as much as possible, Justin Jefferson when he's in there, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelcey at least ten targets. Anything else is malpractice. Where you're going, what are you doing with that? That's a great word, malpractice. Like there is a couple of games where Garoppolo didn't throw to Devonte Adams in the first half. You're like, Okay, threw seven sixteen passes. There has to be one target. Yes, I mean sometimes you go, Okay, a coach can be too smart or out smart himself, like we're gonna use him as a decoy.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: All I know is that guy who's the decoy is still better than double covered than some of my guys who have single coverage here and make him an occasional decoy if you want, not like the Detroit Lions did with Barry Sanders when they get to the goal line, that they never gave him the ball. Barry ended up with ninety nine touchdowns. I think he probably should have had fifteen more. But I remember Wayne Fonce was the head coach, and they'd get down to the goal line they go, you know what, they think Barry's going to get it, And I'd be like, even if they think he's gonna get it, no, he's going to get it. He I like my chances with Barry standard. But I remember talking to him privately about that and he said, I don't understand it. Like you get down to the goal line. I helped you get there. I'll get you in, but you know out smarts yourself. All right, let's play the Super Bowl game, Paulie, and give us the rules for the Super Bowl Game. Do we have any music for? Of course, the Super Bowl game.
Speaker 9: Custom unique music we've never used before.
Speaker 2: The Silver and Black Clad Masters of Intimidation nearly took Jotheisman's head off.
Speaker 9: Which NFL team that currently does not possess a winning record could make the Super Bowl? Your pick to make Superballs? Okay, they cannot have a winning record. Ok I have any questions on the format.
Speaker 2: Now, winning record? So is five and five a win record?
Speaker 9: They would be eligible for this game?
Speaker 2: Okay, that would not be a winning.
Speaker 9: Record, correct, I'm checking?
Speaker 6: That's God.
Speaker 2: Give me the teams that are eligible.
Speaker 9: Okay, the Bills, the Jets, the Patriots. The Bengals are not eligible, the Colts, the Titans, the Las Vegas Raiders, the LA Chargers.
Speaker 2: Wait, why aren't the Bengals?
Speaker 9: The Bengals are five four.
Speaker 2: O four Okay ineligible? Okay, okay, all right, yeah, okay, they're too good, folks. Wait.
Speaker 9: Took the Commanders, the Giants, the Packers, the Bears, the Saints, the Bucks, the Falcons, the Panthers, the entire NFC south of course match, the Rams, the Cardinals. Those are all teams that do not possess winning records currently.
Speaker 2: All right, Todd, do you have a pick?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 8: My first doe was the Bills, but I'm gonna go with the New Orleans Saints since I was big on them at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: All right, see no connor.
Speaker 3: I'm actually also going to say the New Orleans Saints, but I'm not because of the beginning of the year, but because their strength of schedule.
Speaker 2: They don't play very many tough teams the rest of the year. All right, ma.
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm gonna completely disagree with them. I'm gonna Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: Okay. By the way, Marvin and is documentary tomorrow. The school magazine at Connecticut is coming in to do a The Last Dance, uh, sort of a documentary on Marvin to.
Speaker 6: The Last Dance.
Speaker 2: So if Marvin is not all in tomorrow and he's distracted, you'll understand why because they're doing a big expose on Marvin. And they're so proud of you. Were they proud of you before you got on the TV and radio portion of this program?
Speaker 6: I don't think they had exist.
Speaker 2: But now yeah, yeah, now you're on TV and radio, we're really proud of you, Marvin. All right, PAULI, do you have your pick?
Speaker 9: It's tough. I'm also going to go with the Bills. They got the Jets and the Patriots. They could pick up a.
Speaker 2: Couple, yeah, but then they got the Cowboys and the Chiefs and the Eagles and the Dolphins. I'm going to say I have to say the Bills because they had them going to the Super Bowl against the Eagles. So yes, I'm going to take the Buffalo Bills and that's your super Bowl game you can play at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bills have the Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Dolphins, Uh, Patriots, Chargers, Jets.
Speaker 2: Not in that order. Not easy, No, not easy. The four of those, for sure are tough. How about the Victor one Bayama chet Homegren game? Do we have Do you have time to play? Then?
Speaker 9: We haven't played that one in years? Dan Okay, total points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals for vic WM, Bayama and chet Holmgren.
Speaker 2: Who you got like? Who has more?
Speaker 9: Was more total of all those stats combined.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Wemby, even though he's going against my Oklahoma City Thunder. I'm going Chet Okay. Everyone knows when I'm gonna go Chet too. I'm gonna go chet Chet Okay, Once a chat, always a chet.
Speaker 6: Wemby.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll check in with the Buffalo Bills coming up