Speaker 1: Everybody's saying the same thing. It's one more thing. I'm strong andy, one more thing. I'm going to take a contrarian approach.
Speaker 2: Just just stay in practice. Whatever it is, whatever you're proposing, I'm against it.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the uniform political analysis, here's a joker.
Speaker 3: Authorities in the Czech Republic are searching for a kangaroo that escaped from a prison. And if you're wondering what a kangaroo is doing in prison ten years for insurance fraud.
Speaker 2: That's a funny joke.
Speaker 1: That is funny. Why was a kangaroo in prison? I just told you can't even might have to insurance fraud.
Speaker 2: A bastard, line bastard.
Speaker 1: So it hasn't escaped us. That pretty much everybody who does political analysis of presidential races, left right and center, they're all saying the same thing. If Trump can basically change into a different personality, he can win this race.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, going away. But he is not doing it. And I would say it's mostly on the right that you're hearing this increasingly frantic point of view expressed. Let's start with Nicky Haley, then we'll go I think you'll recognize most of the names. I'll shout him out before we roll each clip.
Speaker 4: The Republican Party needs to make a serious shift here. And the first thing is the Republican Party Donald Trump. People here at Fox quit complaining that she's not giving an interview. You don't need an interview from Kamala Harris. We need him to win. But you got to go out and do the work. And the one thing Republicans have to stop. Don't quit whining about her. I want this campaign to win, but the campaign is not going to win. Talking about crowd sizes, it's not going to win. Talking about what race Kamala Harris is, it's not going to win. Talking about whether she's dumb, it's not. You can't win on those things. The American people are smart. Treat them like they're smart.
Speaker 2: She was right on all of the last several points. That first point, pressuring Kamala to do a debate or an interview or a press conference, that is.
Speaker 1: A good strategy. Absolutely wrong about that. But crowd size, nicknames, race, come.
Speaker 2: On, Oh, it's worse than a waste of time. Here's Kevin McCarthy.
Speaker 1: You've got to make this race not on personalities. Stop questioning the size of her crowds and start questioning her position.
Speaker 5: Kelly Anne Conway, the winning formula for President Trump is very plain to see.
Speaker 3: It's fewer insults, more insights, and that policy contrast.
Speaker 2: And Jonah Goldberg with a kind of tangential objection.
Speaker 3: To be chumming with Elon Musk, who's the only major car manufacturer in the country that is not unionized and has very anti union feelings, some of which I sympathize with, is just not a great signaling from Donald Trump. And so I think the Dunocrats were smart disease on this, and it was a silly thing to do the Twitter interview or ex interview in the first one.
Speaker 1: So we got a text that said, this is a pretty good idea. Trump should have a large video screen next to him at every rally and ask Kamala questions that she answered years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your Hey, Kamala, what's your since you won't do any interviews all interview for hey Kamala, what is your stance on insurance for illegals? And then have her answer and you can do that with the budget. How do you feel I think we should be energy independent. But and we can be with fracking, But how do you feel about fracking? And I mean, how would that not force her to come out and explain her change in positions or go back to old positions or I don't know what she's gonna do.
Speaker 2: You gotta hammer that, absolutely hammer it. That's a brilliant idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot better than complaining about crowd sizes and that sort of stuff. And then one this is for I'm a Democrat in the Wall Street Journal today writing an opinion piece. But Bill Galston, if Trump wants to contend seriously, he will stop challenging miss Harris's racial identity, calling her dumb and searching for a devastating nickname. I would also say and stop talking about crowd size. If he doesn't have the discipline to stop doing that, she will make history of November fifth. I think it is now that simple of a presidential race. The issues are on his side. If he had aged seventy eight, can go out there and not be butt hurt about crowd sizes or January sixth or whatever the hell he can win.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty. But if he's Brian Kemp. But if he can't.
Speaker 1: He won't win. It might be just that simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Nikki Haley went on to say Republicans need to be fighting for suburban women, college educated voters, for independence, for moderate Republicans, and for conservative Democrats. You can't just keep doubling down to appeal on the voters who make up the MAGA movement. That's just a question of mathematics. Yeah. Who is this? Noah Rothman the National Review, agreeing, if it's about the issues, you win going away. I mean, because the who gets who do you prefer on this issue, that issue, that issue. The numbers have shifted significantly in Kamala's direction. Remember when Trump had like a fifty point advantage on the border over Biden. A lot of those numbers have changed. But that is the point of making your answer questions. When her positions become clear again and or her complete inability to articulate them, those numbers will get much more healthy for Trump again. But it's got to be about the issues, and everybody knows it. And everyone knows it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mark Alpern's reporting over the weekend was when Trump came out to do big fundraising thing swinging the West coast a lot of the big donors were horrified that in those closed door meetings he was ranting about crowd size and that sort of stuff. They're just, you gotta be kidding me. It is amazing. It's an interesting personality trait that multiple people can tell you, hey, that's not it, don't go with that, but you ignore them, which has worked throughout his life. I'm sure he got all kinds of advice on how to do a TV show from people that had never had a hit TV show and ignored him and had the number one show in the country with The Apprentice, and similar with politics. But i mean, come, this one's pretty obvious. Nobody freaking cares about the crowd size for you versus Gamala.
Speaker 5: Yes, Michael, I know Trump's always been a character. Is it possible that this is an age thing creeping in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what a lot of people wonder.
Speaker 2: It's not inconceivable. Here's here's a bit of a devil's advocate question for you. Is there anybody in his inner circles outer circle? JD Evance, Eric Trump, anybody saying let's keep hammering on the fact that she's exaggerating crowd sizes. We got to keep workshop and devastating nicknames for her, and yeah, let's let's just really go with she's stupid. I think that's how we win the election in November. Is there anybody advocating that.
Speaker 1: If there is, fire them now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Does anybody know what Kamabla is? That's what he calls her and when he posts.
Speaker 2: Well, all I can do is guess And I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is it blah is in blah blah? But there's no h on it?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I don't know, And I don't want to spend any time thinking about it because it's a good way to get Democrats elected and ruin the country.
Speaker 1: Boy, that interview her on stage with her answers is a great idea.
Speaker 2: Every single flip flop that she is now notorious for the ones we mentioned, there are several more too.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you just have her original answer and then make us what I'm saying. Yeah, make her come out and say that no, that's not what I think anymore.
Speaker 2: And with that, yeah, hammer it all over and over and over again, say I think she still believes this stuff? She well, she hasn't come out and explained that she doesn't. So Yep, this is what Kamala Harris believes hammer the shit out of that. Do you think Trump till she emerges from her cocoon and makes an ass of herself?
Speaker 5: Do you think Trump is just going out and doing his own thing? In other words, he may be getting this good advice and he's just ignoring it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what people who've worked for him say. I think he's been doing his own thing his whole life, and it's worked pretty freaking well for him, so I can see why he continues to follow his gut.
Speaker 2: Sorry I made you believe that, Hanson, I apologize.
Speaker 1: I think you enjoy dropping s bombs, so.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: It's very satisfying.
Speaker 1: Did you see the glee in his eyes? Language seasoning? I enjoy it as well. I enjoyed it. Yeah, I like it, except you almost did it on the air. You know. It's a pleast. He saves it for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, what she said, maniac?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess that's it.