Speaker 1: The Nicky Gliser Podcastiser.
Speaker 2: Here's Nikki. Hello, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 4: It's Nicky Glazers Sneaky Glazer Podcast Today. Let's just get right to it. We have a special guest. We never have guests on the show. You know that regularly with us is on your Marina Brian Frangie Noah, but also with us today is one of my favorite people. Comedian podcaster also on the Big Money Players podcast network with his new podcast called Bombing with Eric Andre. It's Eric andreter.
Speaker 2: Know, don't tell me, but doing out there?
Speaker 5: Who are you hiding from? You were like, nobody knows I'm out here.
Speaker 2: You know what does that mean? Well, it's because the industry. Well let's unback it.
Speaker 4: Because the industry if they think that you're not in LA or New York, like you won't get as much work, that that something happened to you, that you've you've given up in some way, And so everyone in LA thinks I'm in New York, and everyone in New York thinks I'm in LA. I kind of like to keep it that way. And I'm doing like the Na Bargatzi thing. I guess he's the only the Chappelle thing where you just like live somewhere else and you have like a normal life outside of this biz, and.
Speaker 5: You want to be what you want a healthy life. You want a healthy, fulfilled life.
Speaker 2: It's hard. I have nuts.
Speaker 5: You picked a life in comedy, dude, that's behind heart.
Speaker 4: I was just in couples therapy today talking about my boyfriend's you're a boyfriend. Yeah, so he lives here and we've been together.
Speaker 5: For how long?
Speaker 2: Really well off and on for ten years.
Speaker 5: Isn't your stand up like, yeah, whatever, I fuck whoever, I fucking do whatever that fucked I want.
Speaker 4: You haven't seen a special for a while, but yeah, no, Actually that is kind of what my stand up's about.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong. It is like, what does your boyfriend feel about your set?
Speaker 5: You're like, I just fucked this.
Speaker 2: Guy right before I got on stage. Fuck you.
Speaker 4: He's that guy, Jordan, his name is Yeah, No, he's he's He's okay with all my past stuff.
Speaker 2: He's very comfortable.
Speaker 4: It's hard to find someone who's secure enough to listen to me say all this stuff. And then the stuff I talk about about us always is I presented as my ex boyfriend so that he's not implicated, but it's also true because we've broken up.
Speaker 2: A bunch, so he is my ex.
Speaker 4: But we were just in couples therapy and the thing that he brought up for us to talk about, which is was our biggest fight last week, was he brought up, hey, you're taping a special coming up, You've got a huge tour and everything. Let's talk about where you should go on vacation at the end of the special, and I started almost crying and saying, I don't want to go on vacation. Vacations don't make me comfortable. I don't know even how to do them. And we're fighting about how I don't like to relax, and so, yeah, you're right. Being a comedian takes a certain type of you have to be sick in the head. That's what I was crying about in therapy is that I don't want to go on vacation with my a. You don't like vacation, no, because I feel guilty that I'm not getting anything done and I feel indulgent.
Speaker 2: I feel like the fact that we get to do what we.
Speaker 4: Do is already such a gift, Like I get paid so much money to be an idiot on stage.
Speaker 5: To you, that will help me because I go through that too. I actually think that your vacation is more productive for your work and your creativity and your writing then not going on vacation, stepping away from the pen and the pad or write. I would say that you would, you would be you would be filled with inspiration. You take your boyfriend to Greece.
Speaker 1: What's the last vacation, Eric?
Speaker 5: I just did two months. I did a month in Africa and a month in Africa, so long?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 5: There's the longest vacation I ever did. I did Morocco and these two little equatorial islands called Yeah.
Speaker 4: And do you feel amazing? Do you feel you have new material? Do you feel have new inspiration.
Speaker 2: New inspiration, feel refreshed?
Speaker 5: No new material? I don't know anymore?
Speaker 6: Did you.
Speaker 5: Actually maybe this is why you have ten?
Speaker 1: I had won that, did you Moroccan?
Speaker 2: Rub thought? No, this is why I bought Eric.
Speaker 4: The reason that you like I was I'm obsessed with your special. For your your Netflix special from two, I forget what it was. I watched it during COVID was twenty from three. You say in the special that it's two thousand and six, as a joke and my boyfriend I were watching it the other night so I could have a little refresher and he was like, was this shot? I was like, no, this was, but it was because at some point it does seem the same. But no, your special is so funny, the bit that I'm I love more than anything. And I have played it for so many people, including Brian, who this was before we even knew you were coming on the show. And I was like, you, we were hanging out a lot recently, and I go, we just need to we need to watch the best people's, the best jokes of people. So I was like, you need to see this little trinket that Eric got from Cuba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, that thing you didn't This thing you picked.
Speaker 4: Up at a like I guess you just picked it.
Speaker 5: Up at a little you know they have all those chochkey stores or they're selling tourists, Yeah, they're selling gring goes dumb suff It's like, yeah, my friend always says about that stuff when you get like a little snow globe and a little chochke that says like the country y're My friend just takes that. He picks it up and goes this goes into landfill, and this goes in a landfill, and this doesn't biodegrade, and this doesn't biodegrade.
Speaker 4: That's all I see when I go to targets is just all of this is going to be in a landfill. Just look at the just thousands of products and within two years most of it landfill. Insane, But that inspired one of my favorite bits ever. If you want to find it, it's about halfway through Eric special called Legalize Everything, and it's on Netflix and he's holding up this I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's like dangling spoons from it. You'll see it when you get to it.
Speaker 5: There's like wooden kitchen chokes that your grandma has. It's like life's a beach or whatever. Yeah, live, laugh, love and wine those.
Speaker 4: It inspired one of my favorite bits of all time and a special and then you go, it's your specials just packed to the brim with amazing stuff and I just loved it so much so. But now you're doing a podcast about bombing on stage, which I've really never seen you do.
Speaker 2: Well, but because you did it.
Speaker 5: I did it the other day at the Slipper Room in New York.
Speaker 2: Oh God, yeah, that r what happened. Were you doing what's his name? Show? No?
Speaker 5: I was doing my friend Sandy show, and I just like, I'm like, I gotta get back on the horse and try new stuff. And then like I did, and I bombed. I was like, no, I don't standing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: You're like a terminator, dude. You were so good at it. You write so much, you have so many like logged hours, so much killer material. You're a crusher.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Where you get the fucking energy?
Speaker 4: It's so fucking My initials are energy, so it starts with that.
Speaker 5: But that's what I thought it was.
Speaker 4: The energy comes from the feeling like it's I think it's the only thing that I've ever been good at, and so I better just keep doing it. And also, no good ten thousand hours gets you to an expert level, so whether you're good at it or not, like if you just keep doing it, you it's like going to the gym, like you'll build.
Speaker 2: The muscle like it is an exercise. It is, you know, And I don't write off stage? Are you?
Speaker 4: Are you someone that like sits down with what's your writing process? I guess is these always like.
Speaker 5: It's always magic in alchemy to me. I never really have like a like people like like you know, you hear Seinfeld, like I write four hours in the morning, but like I need to. This is what I do. I have like a wisp of an idea or something I'm mad about or something, and I'll do I'll put it in a voice memo and it's not funny yet, yeah, and I'll say it over and over again. I'll listen back to the voice memoon. I'll kind of add to it, but it's not funny there. Then I have to get on stage and do it, and it usually tanks. And then I have to either just like put my table to my legs and completely give up on it, or I go no, no, no, there's something there. And then you kind of keep beating it up like all these different directions and then and then there's like a magic that comes from the pressure of the audience looking at you. And then it like kind of like galvanized. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: There's that pressure.
Speaker 4: There's that moment where that you start to feel them doubt you, and it's do or die, and you're like, it's it's this. It's like the strength that women summon when they pull a car off their child or whatever, Like I just have those moments where I.
Speaker 2: Will make this work.
Speaker 4: Something is going to happen to get this so that I don't because everyone's so nervous for me.
Speaker 2: I can't let them down.
Speaker 4: I have to be a hero in this moment and something happens.
Speaker 5: That pressure, it's that awkwardness, the pressure.
Speaker 2: I don't get anything done without pressure.
Speaker 5: I don't readiness.
Speaker 4: I write so many jokes on my way to shows while I'm walking on stage, like it has to be uh, there has to be some kind of accountability and yeah, yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 5: Now you're on Now, You're on the set of Kids in Corporation, You're on the set of Double Dare you know what I'm talking about? You know the pressure?
Speaker 2: If you don't know, my studio does look.
Speaker 5: Like the Colorado Clarissa explains it all. I'm familiar.
Speaker 4: Listen, nineties throwback was in when we designed the studio, and it's.
Speaker 5: A little when you're plugging your own show with your hat like merch.
Speaker 2: From your.
Speaker 4: Boy Island baby coming out October sixteenth, Why.
Speaker 5: Do you get me on f Boy Island?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would love to have you on that.
Speaker 5: Are you singing, why don't I just do what I'm single right now? And I would go on there, but don't don't have any contestents that would recognize me, which will be easy, but like, I want to go in there and be like a fucking crazy total great. I mean, that's just me being regular, But like, I want to go on. Can I go on? Like one episode? You can eliminate me after one episode immediately.
Speaker 2: First you're going to.
Speaker 5: Eliminate me immediately, But I want to be like a maniac.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say if you came on, like this show is mainly about what.
Speaker 5: I want to, like, eat peanut butter with my handle back, and I'd be like, all right, who's ovulating?
Speaker 4: Your confidence alone would be attractive. That's what I found on these shows, is that nothing else matters except that eating peanut butter with your fingers and asking who's ovulating? Like that's just a guy who doesn't give a fuck in these you know, mainly on the show.
Speaker 1: Is trying to elmd. That's not what you should do.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, maybe getting eliminated would. Weirdly, it's kind of like the first time when Trump won, he like wasn't trying to win the presidency. He was just like, Hey, I'm doing promotion for my new whatever, my new steaks or whatever. And then he won. He was like, shit, it'd be like that where I'd be like eating peanut butter with my fingers.
Speaker 2: You'd be elimination. Girls love it.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, if you wanted to, if you wanted to get eliminated, you just come in and like kind of nervously say you look beautiful ladies and like shake their hands, and then you're fucking out.
Speaker 5: No one needs lame, lame?
Speaker 2: Are you worried at all?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: If I did a show that was had a theme, like a podcast with the theme, I'd be worried.
Speaker 2: I like, would run out of stories? Is that a worry of yours? Is that what? Oh?
Speaker 5: I ran out?
Speaker 2: I ran out of gas.
Speaker 5: Long halfway through, I'm like, oh yeah, somebody threw a bottle at you.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever next.
Speaker 4: I mean, then it becomes a show about just bombing in life, because I think bombs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it is. It's about failure. It's not about just bombing on stage. It's about like failure. And I always open it up to like bombing, like just any the worst job you ever had, the worst day job you ever have. It's just like just the failures and trials and tribulations of life.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it suck that?
Speaker 4: Like we always get to a point in life where you think that all of your failures are behind you and they.
Speaker 2: You're grateful for them because they led you here.
Speaker 4: But like we all have to, like we're all gonna trip at some point in our lives coming up soon, and it's gonna be really embarrassing and you're gonna fall in the ground. Like I always think about how I have a bunch of trip and falls or like dropping things on my toe or like things.
Speaker 2: It's it's never gonna stop.
Speaker 4: Life is going to keep throwing bullshit at you, and I'm going to keep bombing, Like bombing is the worst feeling in the world, and I will keep doing it the rest of my career. It will never stop for me. There will be times on stage where it's so awkward, where I will question everything and want to cry when I get off stage, and I.
Speaker 2: Know that's in my future. It's going to probably happen this week on tour.
Speaker 1: Like thing you do is you bomb, You're dying is like really embarrassing, Like the last thing you do.
Speaker 5: Is so.
Speaker 1: Or you go, oh my god, Like that's like the most embarrassing. And when you ship your pants.
Speaker 2: Ship, don't you like does everyone do that?
Speaker 7: Everything stops yet it's so embarrassed. God, you gain pounds before when they draw the chalk out line, it's like half an inch bigger than if you would have they would have gotten two seconds before.
Speaker 2: That's so true. The one death that looks like so hot?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Did you ever see one of the women in like the twenties who threw herself off a building and she falls on this car and she falls in like a beautiful way.
Speaker 2: You should look it up. She looked so hot. I was like that. I like more.
Speaker 3: Mickey has watched all nine to eleven footage. She's obsessed with Columbine. She's seeing every quo so.
Speaker 5: You're morbid fascinating.
Speaker 4: I don't watch like beheadings, I don't watch. I don't like watching people, even your show. I have had struggle struggles watching because I don't like people, even fate getting hurt or paunched or like.
Speaker 5: Falling Columbine and nine to eleven.
Speaker 4: It already happened, and I just I don't want to watch footage from it because there is no footage. That's what makes it like creepy. And the nine to eleven there's barely any footage from that, you know, like I don't know, there's not but you don't see people like.
Speaker 2: Actually hitting the ground and stuff, you know what I mean. It's all like you.
Speaker 5: You know, they're remaking nine to eleven with all female ters.
Speaker 2: They should have done it a while ago. It's about time.
Speaker 3: Times up.
Speaker 5: It's Leslie Jones. Leslie Jones is the star.
Speaker 4: Uh what have you been up to, Eric, besides the pod?
Speaker 2: So you're getting battle off the road? Yeah, I went on a two month vacation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Monday, I'm going to Peru to do ayahuasca and climbata beat you, and then I go away from Peru to Kansas City to Oh.
Speaker 2: No, that's a great segue. Wait, just like it.
Speaker 4: You're have you you as people call it aya. I realized that's what they call it. You've done it before, I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: Never done it, never done it? One No way, I haven't either. Are you scared? Nervous? Excited? What's what? What do you want? What's your intention going.
Speaker 5: In, Uh, you know the usual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clear some stuff out. Look at some rooms in your brain you haven't seen before.
Speaker 5: You got it yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm into that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm vomiting, vomit a purge, purge it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to come out a little dinner. Sign me up.
Speaker 5: No, people, most people have told me they go, I lost five to ten pounds. Yeah, because you're vomiting so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you're child, guess I'm coming with you. We film a road trip movie. Are you going for friends? Are you going to do this solo? Solo?
Speaker 5: I know no one? Ah, a group of strangers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And are you worried you'll be recognized or does that even.
Speaker 5: Now now, I'm not worry about it. I don't think it's that kind.
Speaker 2: Of crowdy crowd. Do you do burning man?
Speaker 5: I was actually gonna do it this year. I always say like, I was like, nothing sounds appealing about it, it's hard to get to you gotta build ship, yawn, and then like barter, I'm like, huh, there's rules. Nothing sounded appealing. But this year I was like, I gotta go. I'm gonna do it. And then I conn't. I had work and I couldn't figure it.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: I want to. I'll do it. I'll do it just for the experience, even if I don't like it. I'll do it for the experience. And I'll do like the boogiest version. I will do the most suburban wos fucking.
Speaker 2: Uh glad to hear that. Yeah, I'll do that because you seem like I wouldn't do.
Speaker 5: The No, no burning man, I'm not. I'm sleeping on the ground and I'm gonna ship in a hole and ta up in my hand.
Speaker 4: No, because you like. I will say one thing about you. We met I probably fifteen years ago or something, probably longer.
Speaker 1: Than that.
Speaker 2: Chat Roulette specifically, I forget.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess we met through Amy for through Schumer, and you've always been so nice to me, and you you had fame before I ever touched it, and you were still nice to me.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you started, you started on the scene. Maybe we were kind of maybe on the same thing, but I don't know. I always just kind of assumed you were ahead of me in the game. But you were just one person that was always so nice to me, and you still we haven't hung out, I haven't seen you in person. I can't even remember the last time, but you still send me invites to your birthday parties and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That, and I'm wondering, never come.
Speaker 4: I've never once been able to go, but I always want to and I'm always so touched, So please never stop sending those. I just wonder, like, how are you Are you just spending a whole day going through your phone just sending like how do you go about inviting people your party? Because if I'm getting an invite, there's thousands that are getting invites.
Speaker 5: I know my birthday's April fourth, and I know the last week of March. I carve out time, so I planned my birthday for about like four to five months. Yeah, and I know that there's a last week where and I've done it like almost like a ritual for like twelve years, where I text every I don't do a single group text, no, and I text everyone individually in my phone.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 5: No, it's sincere. It is like it's iconic. It's but it's a way I started doing it, and I just got into the rhythm of doing it.
Speaker 1: It's like a huge birthday party.
Speaker 5: Four to five months, a crazy, crazy birthday party. I used to be broken. I used to live in a little shithole apartment in Hollywood, and then when I started getting money, I started wasting it on my birthday party. And I would get like camels and talkies. I would live in I live in a tiny studio. I would get all these crazy exotic animals into my apartment and in the parking lot, and we would like do all these drugs, would huff ether, we would light off firecrackers. We would have like crazy nudists come by, and all these like noise bands, and it's grown from there. And last this year is my big four oh and learning crazy. Yeah now it's like now it's burning man. Yeah, now it's like now it's like gathering the juggle.
Speaker 2: Wa Wait, what are you looking for in a partner?
Speaker 4: Because I wait, well, let's figure that out when we way, let's get that's that's a great, great question we'll find out right when we get back from break. All right, we're back, Eric, expect that, Eric, what are you looking for? And what are you looking for in a partner? Anya does ask a great question, the.
Speaker 5: Usual polyamorous with like big old titties and a big ass body.
Speaker 4: Are you really looking for someone, Polly? Are you into that lifestyle?
Speaker 2: Have you tried it?
Speaker 5: I am looking I am looking for somebody. I used to not really date with purpose. I never really cared about long term relationships until recently, very recently, and I would say that I am looking for uh someone, This is it's all hack and cliche. What I'm aout to say. I'm going to say someone with the sense of humor, because and somebody who's a critical thinker, but sense of humor. I realized it all trickles down from there. Schumer said to me, she goes, you need somebody that has the ability to finish your jokes. Were you in with you? And I was like, that's totally true because sense of humor, if you guys can lock in on that, it tells you about the person's worldview, about their like ethics, about their personality. It really is, it really is. It really is the top ingredient because it informs all the other ingredients.
Speaker 2: So true, it is true, and it's like, it's not just.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask what part of the world should we think this personnel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so cliche to say sense of humor. And I think I roll my eyes when men say that most of the time because I used to. I had a bit about it and my act about how and it was true. They did studies that say men and women both look for sense of humor in the opposite sex. That's the number one thing they say they look for. But women define and women and men define some of humor differently. Women define sense of humor and a man is someone who makes them laugh, and men define sense of humor and a woman as a woman who laughs at their jokes. So it's like it's just a different but it doesn't sound like that's what you mean. But it can be as long as they get as long as they get should laugh.
Speaker 5: It should be both. It should be like laugh at your jokes but also joke together and be able to like add to each other's jokes. Yes, tells you about everything. It tells you about their personality, their worldview. So when you get back to the poly thing, I would think that critical thinker is.
Speaker 2: You want to date an improv true.
Speaker 1: Improp No.
Speaker 5: I think it's like it's like I want somebody who looks at the institutions of the world and challenges the institutions of the world, whether we like decide to act on each experiment with each institution. Some institutions are there, so there's no absolutes in nature. Some have their reasons. Some are they're typically sexist and home phobic and racist, but like, but like, most institutions of the world are tools of control. Uh So you know, marriage was based on a property transaction. So I think that just having somebody who is smart means they have a sense of humor. If they're smart, they're going to share a worldview with me where we look at each institution and really question of like is there like are we just following biological protocol? Should we as above biological protocol? Should we? Or are these A lot of them, A lot of institutions of older from Abrahamic religions, and they're just trying to control you, control happiness and your spirit and your ear.
Speaker 3: Is that hard to find someone that's like because I'm already like my brain is like, I'm thinking of so many girls I've met that are so much like you.
Speaker 2: But then they might not.
Speaker 3: Check every box, but they're like check check check, Polly funny big titties, not Brasilian.
Speaker 5: Big titties, pussy, but yeah, diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe not. It's I'm sorry, Nicky's edgy.
Speaker 5: So I try to like keep up with the edge, but I don't know, so like.
Speaker 7: I feel like, yeah, haven diarrhea, trying to be like I'm still agi too, You're not the only one.
Speaker 2: And then you guys are like, dude, inappropriate, No, you had us a penis quief?
Speaker 3: What was That's hard to find a woman who's like funny and hot and like holly and like like.
Speaker 2: They're not on riyah. Yeah, I think I think intelligent. I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that, Like there's no such thing as like Dan Savage has this quad.
Speaker 2: He goes, there's no such thing as the one.
Speaker 5: There's the at best, the zero point six y five, and you round that motherfucker up to one, so fucking perfect. Nobody is. Everybody's annoying eventually, I'm fucking annoying. Everybody's annoying eventually. And everybody you get, you get like close, but nobody is checks every single box. I don't even know if that's what it's about. Like, no, but everybody's gonna get on your nerves.
Speaker 4: Yeah about like we all and my girlfriends read this book about you know, how to attract a man and how to like just kind of teaching you how to settle, because what you're saying is we're always looking for the one, and it's like stop that there's no one. And it's I think the percentage that we always talk about with Noah and Anya and I is if they're fifty one percent good, like that's how little, because then keep them because it's so hard to find someone that is even that, And I.
Speaker 2: Think that's true.
Speaker 4: It's like just it's I have a bit about I hate to keep quoting my own fucking stupid act, but like people say, you should never settle, but that's what we all have to do eventually. You can't just keep looking forever because you're eventually going to get to a place where like no one really wants you if you keep waiting, and we can't. We don't ever have to settle because there are so many options all the time.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like you're saying too many options?
Speaker 4: And the poly thing, man, I'm on board with it too, Like I there are two people Brian and Anya just got married this summer, and Noah's engaged and not each other, but they're already.
Speaker 2: In separate cities, different coasts. But it's like I I tried.
Speaker 4: I'm always like supportive when my friends start doing this, and I have a lot of friends that are starting to have kids, and I just I suspect that they're all having kids because they're just kind of bored and that's just the next thing you do as And I'm trying to get at the meat of like, why do you actually want a kid? Is it because you actually this is the first I'm hearing you want one is in the last year, And it has nothing to do with the fact that you might be kind of bored or like I'm suspecting those things. I'm learning that there is much more to it than that, but marriage, for instance, Like I just I also am I'm of the same mind as you about that, and I look at and I don't talk about this a lot on my podcast, but you kind of brought up something about just the poly lifestyle.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 4: I'm more into that than most people are because I don't look at if if my boyfriend does not take me up on this, but I'm open to him having sexual relations with other people because I don't and.
Speaker 2: He's not open to me doing it. So it's not two ways. You could he wanted to.
Speaker 5: He comes out from underneath my table.
Speaker 2: You're just here, babe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a because I just I look at sex kind of like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: People are like, how could he ever?
Speaker 4: I mean sometimes, but I just look at it like if he were to eat someone else's food, Like I cook you dinner every night, and you're going to get some food cooked by another woman, Like, I just don't see it as as long as I'm not going to get a disease from what he does, I just don't have it. I'm not trying to be a cool girl. I'm not trying to make people feel bad about monogamy. I just don't care.
Speaker 5: And that's how I always feel. But I'm in the minority. We're in the minority. Yeah, that people equate love with sexual exclusivity, and I think, yes, finding a partner and building a relationship is about building a life together and a home together, not about sexual long term sexual exclusivity. I think long term sexual exclusivity is is unnatural and we're not built to do it. But it's so beat into us societally that people people are encouraged to give into their jealousy instead of like turning down their jealousy. And jealousy is a selfish emotion. It's a natural emotion. We all experience it, and it is and I don't know, but you know, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know what the answer is.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the answer is either.
Speaker 4: But I think it's a lot of pressure to be someone's sole sexual partner forever. I think maybe that's why I'm into it, because I'm like, this is a lot of you know, I've said before years.
Speaker 5: The pressure, I think it relieved about whatever you want to call it, polyamory or being monogamoush or whatever. Relieves the pressure in a long term if you've liked it, because I'm talking like ten twenty years, if you've I think you have to establish a trust. I think you have to establish a foundation of trust, and you have to be I have a best friendship. And then.
Speaker 2: Once you've kind.
Speaker 4: Of I don't know, I just why do we get to have friends, Like there's why do we get to have multiple children? Why do we get to have multiple friends? Why do we get to every other part of our life where we have love in it. We get to have so many different ways to fulfill that, but when it comes to a relationship, it's one and done and there's supposed to be everything for you, and if they aren't, there's something wrong with you.
Speaker 2: That's I don't get that.
Speaker 5: Like my bestars a bullshit thing. It was the sexist thing. So basically it's a quote Dan Savage again, please do I love him? He said that men have never been monogamous for all of recorded him human history. They've had whatever, prostitutes and concubines and then they fucked their assistants and all that shit, fuck their secretary. And then sixty years ago when we gave when marriages became egalitarian relationships, instead of giving women the same freedom men always had, we gave men the same limitations women always had. And that's why the majority of marriages and a divorce and to you know, the average marriage the last two to three years and yeah, yeah, yeah, So instead of and we equate, because.
Speaker 2: Women didn't want to go out and fuck as much? Is that it? Like, why why didn't it go the other way way?
Speaker 4: Because men became women were too jealous to handle that. They wanted it for the sexism.
Speaker 5: Women were property like a dowry. A guy would pay, like the woman's father a dowry and he would like inherit like half his farm and shit like that.
Speaker 3: Still is that way with weddings, Like why did my dad hey for.
Speaker 2: My for our wedding or he became his dad is dead.
Speaker 5: It's all sexism. It's like it is it's it's it's because the property. Yeah yeah, and oh, thank you for passing. Like the dad passing the daughter off to the husband as a wedding ritual is like weird, it's creepy, like TikTok.
Speaker 4: The other day of this this dad dancing with his little daughter and it was like an adorable moment.
Speaker 2: She's like three and he's spinning around.
Speaker 4: She's like daddy, daddy, And the whole thing was caption and he put it out there.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to play this on her wedding day.
Speaker 4: It was like everything in this little girl's life is leading to her wedding day, Like why are we even referencing that, Like and and you know he's gonna be one of those dads. It's like, well, you got to get through me to get to her. Like it's just it's gross that we are all set up.
Speaker 2: To have to get married.
Speaker 4: People talk about it as soon as we're we it's one of you know, women start planning their weddings and being prepared to be mothers as children, and it's I remember being I remember being a child and feeling like this pressure like oh God, someday I got to be a mom and a wife, like I'm gonna have to do that, and just being like I don't want to get fucked by ment, you know, like it was just like, look, there there was this felt this weight in this pressure even back then. And and I think that's probably why I've rebelled against it for so long, because it just felt like I don't like being told what to do.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's keeping me.
Speaker 4: From pursuing marriage or pursuing children because it's I don't I'm trying to rebel against it. It may it might be something I really like, and I'm just trying to be obstinate.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't really know the answer, but I I can't imagine. I'm so scared that someone's telling me I can't fuck anyone the rest of my life, even.
Speaker 2: Though I'm not in it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to fuck anyone else, Like I'm happy with my boy.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be told I can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the principle of being like you can only have pepsi the rest of your life. You can never have a coke or Yeah, but it's a pretty good one.
Speaker 3: You much.
Speaker 4: So well, you'll figure this all out in Peru, figure it all out, pus all out into a bucket, and then you'll see it in the your bucket.
Speaker 1: Appeal cubistential fears that you're trying to resolve with ayahuasca.
Speaker 5: I don't want to go into it too academically, so I don't want to be like I have my list of existential fears and I have to That's what I would think your way out, you got to feel your way out. So I want to go in with not too much. I mean even it was like a little bit reluctant to talk about it here, just because I don't want the pressure of being like, OK, I got to figure this out and that I just want to kind of like have.
Speaker 2: You ever.
Speaker 1: Do you hike a lot? Is I mean, you didn't like burning man camping? Do you hike? Because is Machu Pachu like a pretty significant hike.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say hiking Machu Peachu is like camping at burning Man.
Speaker 1: That is a false But it's a significant hike, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a tour guy, you.
Speaker 2: Got some new boots.
Speaker 3: Trip to Peru?
Speaker 2: Have you done d MT?
Speaker 5: I did toad venom, which is a DMT derivative five d MT?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Was that bad? What have your trips been?
Speaker 4: I've never tripped, and I really want to and I'm terrified of it. But have you had bad trips though? And was it like the worst thing ever?
Speaker 5: Okay, bad? The only thing that gives me a bad trip is edible weed. Yeah, mushrooms are the best. I've only had good times on acid mushrooms, toad venom.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you go to therapy constantly?
Speaker 5: Did you start taking to the point where I think my therapist is like sick of me. They're like they're like, I don't know, man, just like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a never ending process. And uh yeah, I think that's the compulsion to go on stage, is to like or to work all the time, is just not having to be alone with my thoughts.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's so bad in there. I don't really know. I think someone said it.
Speaker 4: I was listening to Malaney on Conan's podcast, and he was saying that Conan like he's like the real Conan, You're like a mean person.
Speaker 2: And I think one of.
Speaker 4: Conan's his assistant Sona was saying, yeah, Conan's actually mean. People don't know this about him, and John was saying, yeah, all comedians are like kind of pieces of shit, like when there's but I don't I don't think we all are.
Speaker 2: I think I'm a fairly the.
Speaker 5: Nicest guy I've ever What are they talking about?
Speaker 4: But you know what I'm saying, He's what he's talking about is John said that we went on his show to do stand up early on in his career and Conan would talk shit about the other guest being duds, and he really appreciated that Conan's a shit talker.
Speaker 2: What I think he means.
Speaker 4: Is like we all have, we're all kind of piece I guess what I am getting at is that I secretly think I'm a piece of shit, Like I always think like someone's gonna find out that I'm really a sociopath and I'm really like selfish and a bad person. I think that's my biggest fear in life. Do you ever do you have that? Or do you know you're a good person?
Speaker 5: I think I'm okay. I don't know. I don't I don't really know what you're talking What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: What I'm talking about is I think my biggest fear that I yeah, like my biggest fear.
Speaker 5: I think why I'm never think that? Can I go a.
Speaker 4: Step further, Eric and say that the fact that I'm saying I'm worried I'm a sociopath is my sociopathic brain trying to mislead people into thinking I'm not one by saying that or something. Yeah, but I'm crazy. Then I guess there's no point in me being in there. Sometimes I wonder what I do have a dark streak.
Speaker 2: I think that's what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Well, John was also, you can make a broad generalization. I think some comedians do and some comedians don't. But they're like, it's hard to make a broad generalization.
Speaker 4: You have a stock answer for why you're a comedian lined up, like what the formative thing in your life is that made you one?
Speaker 2: I think fran Lebowitz said the best.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 2: She goes.
Speaker 5: Talent is just the universe throwing random sprinkles across humanity, and it's just like you're good at basketball, you're good at ballet, you're good at piano, you're good at comedy. I can be like, oh, I can pathologize everything, Oh my dad didn't hug me enough and all that shit. But there's people who are depressed and anxious and their dad didn't hug them enough, and they're not funny at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally not funny at all.
Speaker 5: I just did Neil Brennan's podcast and he actually said John Mulaney, who you just brought up, said the same thing. People are like, oh, you're depressive, that's why you're a comedian, and he goes, I know, depressed people who aren't funny at all. Totally Milanney said that. So I don't know. I think it's more of the fran Lebowitz thing, where like talent is just like random sprinkles.
Speaker 2: Across the enemy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's just the ni's language.
Speaker 2: You are because I like.
Speaker 5: Making everything bad. Oh god, it's because it's because you know, my mom never fucking took me to my kinsignia or whatever. The fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I do think it's random sprinkles, but the randomness for which you receive this urge to want to make people like you on stage there, I would say, that's a random sprinkle that you got.
Speaker 2: You got a sprinkle of wanting to be like.
Speaker 5: Plenty of But there's plenty of people that want to be liked. Everyone wants to be liked. That is a human need. You want to be loved everyone, if everyone, every human on earth wants to be love unless it's like a fucking different.
Speaker 4: But they don't like, they don't want it as much as we do, because they would have, they would have found some way to get it, like we do all the time doing.
Speaker 5: A podcast everything they do. No, maybe they do, and they're just not good at comedy. I do think, sure, we do want the validation of strangers. We're like, stand up is very stand up is insane. It's like we go, it's it's super anxiety provoking and stressful. And I have been like shaking in my boots back stated before I go. Last night, I was shaking in my boots before I went. And it is insane that we do it. But I don't think what's the term causation with that correlation. I don't think like I don't think like, oh, we want to be loved by strangers and that's why we're going at comedy. It's like everybody wants to be loved. I don't know if everybody wants in different in what amount and how to measure that amount.
Speaker 2: But some people are satisfied.
Speaker 4: But the love that they get from a couple, like people in their lives, close to them on the daily, on their dog, on the couch, that like satisfies them enough that they don't need to get it elsewhere. I'm I don't like any comedians who like, go, oh my god, I'm so depressed and so interesting and my parents didn't love me enough.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 4: I don't like to pathologize it that way either, but I do think that there is something. Let me ask you this, when someone's mad at you, are you able to handle that?
Speaker 5: No a mess? Need them to like me? And then I'm like, I'm stewing on it forever.
Speaker 4: Even if you're right, like, let's talk about something its It depends.
Speaker 5: It depends on the person in the situation. It's like if they are if it's like road rage, somebody cuts me off, be like goop. I'm like, fuck go you know, like that's not I'm not so invested in that, but that comes up in weird ways. I really need a bartender to like me. It's got to be that's got to be like the alcohol making me depressed or something. Yeah, like I really really need the bartender to like me for some reason. Yeah, the bartender doesn't. If the bartenders doesn't like me or they're having a bad day.
Speaker 1: It's cool and they have authority and they have the power to give you something you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are so cool and they can just totally ignore you so effortlesslessly, and there's nothing you can do about There's no one to go, there's no manager to go talk to.
Speaker 2: They're they're the end all be all.
Speaker 4: And yeah, they have the peripheral vision of someone working at a delta desk too, where they can just pretend like they don't see you and you're right there. It's a it is that getting them to like you is thing that I don't drink anymore, but I really relate to that when.
Speaker 2: I used to it.
Speaker 5: When did you stop drinking?
Speaker 4: I was twenty seven, so a couple of years ago, No, uh, ten years ago. Uh no, and now it's been yeah, twenty eleven. So whenever that was, yeah, were you just drinking too much?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was like blacking out every time, you know, Like to quote Malaney again, he had this joke that really resonated with me where I was like he was blackout after like two drinks and his doctor said, yeah, your brain just is like we know where this is going. Let's let's close down early. And so my brain just like knew this girl isn't gonna stop. Let's just we know where this is headed. And it was just getting embarrassing, like just yeah. But the real reason was the next day retelling stories to people and them going, Nikki, you told me this last night. And I wasn't like a sloppy drunk at least I didn't think so, because people would say, but you weren't drunk when you told me this, Like this is crazy. And then so eric I just started not telling people's stories because I was so scared of having someone go you told me this last night.
Speaker 2: So it was just it was just embarrassing.
Speaker 4: And I kind of was at a point in my career where I was like, oh, this is like I got a pilot at MTV. This is my first chance to like make it, and I don't want the reason I don't to be like I was hungover or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I stopped and then, you know, I started to drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every night, because you do sets every night, and that's that's how.
Speaker 5: You St Louis.
Speaker 2: I'm from sure, Yeah yeah, So.
Speaker 5: Is that like a Saint Louis thing? Like you drink every night, then you go to the steel mill in your.
Speaker 4: But you know, I left Saint Louis as soon as I graduated high school and then I never came back until COVID. So it wasn't like I grew up drinking Saint Louis. I think it was just like you to come back.
Speaker 5: What are you doing out there? Come back?
Speaker 4: I'll probably come back when I get a show or when you know, I'll get a place there. You know, we're just I'm nomadic, so I'll keep a place here and I'll come back there and I'll come back forgerous.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do for these birthdays?
Speaker 4: Let me just ask you about this, the burden of your birthday every fucking year, Like do you now feel like, oh I gotta have a party or do you look forward to it is there As you're getting older, is your like tolerance for partying? Is it becoming harder to you know, get it up to last all night and have camels and fucking flamethrowers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was trying to make it till like the sun rose, the sun rose. I was trying to make a sunrise this last birthday and like three thirty am rolled around and I snuck out of my own birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a new bird.
Speaker 5: I went to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you didn't have it at your house.
Speaker 5: I even texted my friend. I lie to my friend. I was like, I'm going to the after party. I think my friend caught me like trying to leave and I was like, I'm taking the over to the after party. They were like, where is it? I was like save.
Speaker 4: Yourself that I well, is this a part of you that like you feel like you got to keep up?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Like you know, I always think about Bert Kreischer with taking his shirt off on stage and at some point he's like, oh, person about this.
Speaker 5: Before because I always say I always scream for the mountaintops, that I'm like a boring suburban nerd and I'm in bed. Yeah, like ten thirty pm every.
Speaker 2: Night you are You're like you have that side to yourself.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, that's like the ID. You know, I access like the fun child like.
Speaker 2: But you're not doing it out of pressure.
Speaker 5: No, I'm doing it out of like real joy.
Speaker 4: Wait when we're talking about that, you getting wanting people to be just like joy?
Speaker 2: What's that? Marriage is all? She knows?
Speaker 4: When you get like when you feel like you're scared of people being mad at you, how can you do pranks? Then?
Speaker 2: Like is that a different part of sense?
Speaker 5: Nothing makes sense because I suffer from anxiety. Yeah, yet I do pranks until people people have pulled out knives on me. Yeah, I was prankant a guy that had like a loaded gun on him. So like, I'll put myself in these like extreme anxiety provoking situations. But like I hear the slightest creak at night when I'm home alone, and I'm like a burglar and it's like an eggcorn falling on my roof, you know, So I don't know, I don't make any sense.
Speaker 2: What do you treat yourself to? Like, what's what's like?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: Eric? And like really no, don't like the classic I I I've had.
Speaker 5: I was a little kid. But the vacation, the big vacation was a big, big.
Speaker 2: Where was it luxury?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you stay the nicest places? Do you do yourself?
Speaker 5: The entire spectrum. I would do, like the real posh place, and then I would like sleep on a floor at my friend's house. Just a hashtag stay humble, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got and no because I.
Speaker 5: Was running out of money and my my business manager was like what are you doing? And then and then SAG went on strike when I was out there and I had to like cancel my comic Kong gig that was like a big pay day and I was going to do a.
Speaker 2: Movie and I had to Kisos.
Speaker 4: I was like, shit, yeah, are you a big spender?
Speaker 2: Like do you Is that like a problem for you ever? Sorry to know, not until recently.
Speaker 5: I've been trying. I'm trying to do the bi coastal thing and like to La and New York and that's like a very expensive venture. And then everybody went on strike and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, and then you're now you're getting back out on the road.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I'm like playing Possum Ridge, Arkansas, coyote bladder, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Boring question alert on you make the noise. Do you do you enjoy the road? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Do you bring friends?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that is a big, big part of surviving it, yea, because like I have done it where I'm just alone and you're in like Des Moines for like five days in a La Quinta dude, that's yeah, oh yeah, and you're like you are just like there's something sad about Like I'm just I'm just like a single guy in al Quinta and des Moin Like during the day, I'm just like sitting with my Jimmy John's sub and MYS salt and vinegar chips. I have refreshing my email. That's like not I'm like what am I doing? Who am I? It's something really depressing about that. So yeah, if I can bring friends on a tour, I do.
Speaker 4: And then uh, and do you get nervous before shows? Like is it not a fun experience for you in terms of like anxiety or is there a streak that you hit after you feel like you've you've got it back, you know, where you're like, Okay, I don't have to like are you pacing around backstage or are you someone who can.
Speaker 5: Like just yeah. It depends on the night. Like last night, I was pacing. I was really like a real nervous before and it came out of nowhere. I was like, I was totally fine all day and then I got real nervous right before I went on. Then the show is great. It's a little bit like psychedelics, Like you're real nervous before you take second and even when they kick in, you're like, ah, should I.
Speaker 2: Have done that?
Speaker 5: And then you're like, fuck, that was a mistake, and then you you kind of cross over to the other side and you're like, oh, this is the best decision I fucking ever made, Like.
Speaker 4: I yeah, that's I mean, being on stage is a wild thing that not many of our listeners probably relate to. But it the fact that I'm never sure that if it's going to go well. I don't really get nervous anymore, and I should because things don't go well a lot of times, and I don't really have a plan, and I think being nervous gives you kind of a moment to come up with a plan and to actually focus. And I think I distract myself all day so that I don't have to think about what could go wrong. So I'll be in like a conversation right until they call my name, and then I'll go I'll finish that thought right now. And then I walk up on stage and people are always like, how does she do it? She can have this conversation. It doesn't seem she doesn't have to meditate before, and it's like, no, I'm fighting the fear that I feel constantly about what I'm about to do, because if I think about it too much, it freaks me out. But I will say about bombing, like, the most interesting thing that happens to me when I'm bombing is that the flop sweat happens instantly, but it happens.
Speaker 2: This has happened to me my whole life.
Speaker 4: I feel a trickle of a beat of sweat start on my lower back and then it starts its forms almost immediately when the bomb starts, like when it starts to just like the audience does not connect with me and they're questioning me and they're worried about me. The beat of sweat starts and then I have until the beat of sweat hits my ass crack.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: That's the time, I have to save it and to turn around. But if it hits my ass crack, that means I'll be crying off the stage.
Speaker 2: It's always that way. It's me. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I've forms so quickly, and it's I remember figuring this out probably when I just started, like a year in. I was like, there's always that beat of sweat. Thank god, it doesn't happen on my brow. I'm not like wiping it, but it's right back there. And just recently that same thing happened and I had to I had to just fight for my not to hit my ass crack, and then I can I can dig out of it. It feels so good, though, when you are able to gain the trust back from the audience because the bomb is happening, because they are worried that you're about to crash the plane and that you don't know how to fly, and that.
Speaker 3: They got any tips for or have you guys found as comedians, have you found ways of getting out of that tailspin or nose dive that work? General tips?
Speaker 5: Testing new material is much harder than like relying on old materials. So if it's like you're testing new materials, sometimes you just have to bomb to figure.
Speaker 1: Also just acknowledge you're doing. Acknowledge what's happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, acknowledge it. Be like, well that sucked or whatever. Yeah, sometimes that kills harder than any jog your Yeah, it's just it. Or do a little crowd work to get your sea legs back.
Speaker 2: But don't. This is what I've learned.
Speaker 5: When I start bombing, I can kind of start disassociating and looking up above their heads because I subconsciously conscious like I don't want to be here anymore. What it coming to me a long time agother Like, don't lean back and look up, like lean in and make keep making eye contact with them, keep connecting with them and making eye contact, and shove those jokes down their fucking throats.
Speaker 2: Don't give up.
Speaker 5: Don't give up because if they see you getting like a little weak in the knees, they're gonna feel stressed out and nervous. So really good tipt So keep making eye contact with them and lean in, like physically lean your head forward and into their faces. Just just like stay connected to them and stay stay in the room. Don't disassociate, stay stay.
Speaker 2: Lean into it.
Speaker 4: Like try to make make more of a connection when everything in your body is telling you to get the fuck out into flee.
Speaker 2: Do the opposite. That's that's actually a really good advice.
Speaker 5: All right, it helps. And then and then you can just start riffing and doing crowd work to kind of get your your shimmy.
Speaker 2: Back and then get them back. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I usually just start shitting on myself and doing almost the Gaffigan style, like what they are thinking, Like, man, she's funnier on YouTube. I wish you would just do her roast jokes. I paid this much money for this.
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 4: We have a babysitter at home, Like I just start trying, you know, you just tell them what, Yeah, all of it. There's tricks to get out of it. But man, it's an uncomfortable feeling.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna let you go because you're leaving like microphone strawberry flavor.
Speaker 4: Oh I should not have done that, Eric, good you, Oh my god, hypnotic Eric, I will I just want to leave you with this. Is that actually licking this microphone, which is disgusting, reminds me of something that happened one time when I was It was we first both like popped on the scene. Was probably twenty thirteen, I was doing the red carpet at the MTV VMA's and you were on the red carpet as well, and I was so excited to see someone that I recognized that was my friend. It was like, oh, thank god you came through and you kissed me on the lips, and I was just like, it was really a funny moment.
Speaker 2: And then I realized and I saw a canceling. No, it was, and that's why she absolutely wanted it. But you're asking.
Speaker 4: I was wearing a dress and so right before that, though, I saw later in the evening you would like puked on the and then you like me like tongue kissed, and it was it was just one of those. It was a perfect Air Andre moment. I love you so much. Thank you for doing this podcast. Thank you for I'll do yours if you want to have me bombing.
Speaker 5: With Airnre today. I'm like so funny, like we're starting in five four three.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, I say that, Ah, well, I'll do yours next. I can't wait bombing with Air and Andre. Check it out Big Money Players Network. Thank you, Eric, Andre, have fun in Peru.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Niky, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: All right, we're back from break. That was really fun with Eric Andre. Did everyone enjoy it?
Speaker 1: I didn't get to tell him about the time he was at my house.
Speaker 2: I know that compelling one story that I have. Wait, did you tell that on the air? Did you tell it on the air?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me just tell our listeners. When we found out.
Speaker 4: When we found out Eric Andre was coming on the show, Brian was very excited. He goes, I actually have an Eric Andre story to tell, and I was like, great, oh my god, this will be amazing.
Speaker 2: And we're like, what is it?
Speaker 4: So will you tell the story that the amazing Eric and story time.
Speaker 6: I was at my old apartment and I look out the window and in my own backyard is Eric Andrey. And I yelled to my girlfriend Allie, I go, look who's out there? She says that Eric Andrey and I go, yeah, Eric Andrey is in our yard.
Speaker 2: And then what happened?
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Captain Arcadillo or maybe that's why Win didn't come up on the show.
Speaker 6: Had to bring it up like, well, isn't it interesting that you were in my yard and and why were you there?
Speaker 1: And what were you doing there? Crazy o The world's connected.
Speaker 4: I did mean to bring it up. We just it never did come up. But I guessing what if he trips on ayahuasca and all of a sudden he connects where he remembers Brian from he remembers seeing.
Speaker 1: He didn't see me, He didn't saw him out the window.
Speaker 5: He was out there doing in the window.
Speaker 3: What are the odds Eric andre would have any recollection of that day.
Speaker 1: Dude, That's what I'm curious about.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's gonna remember this podcast.
Speaker 3: He didn't remember kissing Niggy Glazer after vomiting on a red.
Speaker 4: Eric Andrey has led such an illustrious, insane life.
Speaker 2: That's why I really am. Like you know, we talk.
Speaker 4: I do a lot of ship talking about celebrities who suck and who you know and I, but I also praise people who have just been cool. And Eric Andrey is just a person that has never needed to be.
Speaker 2: Cool to me. But you can tell, like he just said, he takes.
Speaker 4: Like five days before his birthday in to message everyone individually. I knew. I knew that would take him so long to do because every time I get a text to go. We have not texted since the last time you invited me to this birthday party. It's amazing that you That's why I keep my old number. Yeah, I get like a million texts a day. I think my numbers for sale online because I just have people texting me high Nikki with like a winkie emoji, and I'm like, you paid ten dollars to do this. I'm blocking you right now. This is pointless. But I because of things like that, I would be so sad if I missed out on an opportunity to get an invite to and someday I'll go to that party and I'll bring you all with me.
Speaker 3: But he's a sweet, genuine, real warm guy. Sweetie, Yeah you want to hang out with them? I was thinking, like, I know, I know two girls that he would be like b ff with that are I don't know about dating, but like, for sure, he seemed you know, Alana Glazer from Broad City, Like I bet you, Like, they just seem like they would be best friends. Like they seem simpatico totally.
Speaker 2: I agree. Yeah, and I love.
Speaker 3: Her and he's he seems like a doll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just one of the real ones.
Speaker 4: And I just want nothing but the best for that kid, but he I love. He's like he has no idea, he has no idea. I was in Saint Louis and now he's like, you.
Speaker 2: Got to get out of there.
Speaker 4: Everyone wants me to leave here so desperately, and I'm you know, I'm not like staying here forever. Even though I was today just honored by Explore Saint Louis, which is a company that is does promotional stuff for you know, to bring tourism to Saint Louis. And I went to the I was asked to do this thing. It was supposed to happen tomorrow and I'm gonna be in Chicago tomorrow or tomorrow. We're recording this a week early. So I was in Chicago last week. They're supposed to have it on that day and they were like, can you shoot a video for us? And then they said, actually we're doing it Thursday, and I was like, I'm actually in town. So I went to this thing at eleven o'clock today. It went till one point thirty. It was honoring all like people in Saint Louis who like, you know, helped tour in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: This big, huge event.
Speaker 4: My brother in law and my mom went, we got like a free luncheon, and I had to give a little speech. I fucking killed because it was really otherwise a very dull Yeah, a dull affair going down.
Speaker 2: It's going down.
Speaker 4: But I had some good lines that my brother in law and my boyfriend helped me with. Yeah, I said, I'm so glad we had such a good year for tourism in Saint Louis, despite the fact that Taylor Swift didn't come here. I was like, but we did get Hoobastank and that helped immensely. I just did a classic Hooba stank lines, threw them under the bus, there's a new nickelback, or maybe the nickelback was them. And then I said, oh, there was this one thing, like, there's this video that throughout the show, like throughout the awards, this they would they played this video and it kept like popping up accidentally, and then they tossed to it and go, oh wait, we already played the marketing video. So right before my speech, I'd liked, I was like, before I speak, I'd like to toss to the marketing video again, and I go, wait, We've already seen it nine times.
Speaker 2: So that did well.
Speaker 4: And then I was also honored with Jackie Joyner Cursey for like our celebrity status of bringing attention to Saint Louis. It was really a lovely thing to receive because all I've ever wanted is to be acknowledged by, you know, the people I went to high school.
Speaker 2: You know, like you want to.
Speaker 4: The reason a lot of people get famous is this deep desire for all the people that didn't think you headed in you to like be successful, the hometown success, like Garden State. You want to go back and everyone to like love you. And I've always felt that from Saint Louis. But there's no reason. Saint Louis is a pretty conservative town in terms of like sense of humor, like entertainment. It's wholesome, it's about the cardinals, it's about sports, it's about Catholicism. So for them to embrace me, a dirty comedian who has made my money talking about my vagina and doing roast jokes that people would never even can imagine anyone would ever say, is pretty lovely of this town and shows kind of like the progress it's made, and it just makes it warms my heart. So it was me and Jackie Joyner Cursey or the two celebrities there, and I said, it was such an honor to share a table with her and share be at this lunch with her. And I have to say that, you know, but I want to say I did eat faster than her. And then final thought, yeah, I said, what was the other thing I said? I Oh, I said that, you know, because of Explore Saint Louis this, you know, Brandy, they got me to be able to sing the national anthem at the Thanksgiving Day parade and I was able to throw the first pitch at the Cardinals game, and I was like, you know, I thought they wanted people to come to Saint Louis because of those two events, thousands fled.
Speaker 2: And then they also, oh, I got to watch two.
Speaker 4: I got to watch Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young, two American Idol finalists, performed and opened the show with a whole song like you know that song that's like and the sunshine, then the sun shine, the sun whatever. So they saying that they were amazing, and so they opened the event with this like Broadway tune and then my mom. At one point they were like, everyone sing with us the sunshine and we're all singing and they see my mom singing. Ace Young, this like hot American Idol guy sees my mom singing and he's like, I'm coming to you. You're gonna sing with me, and so my mom, oh god no. And he came up and he put the mic in her face and they sang together and that was exciting. And then they at the end of it, they were they kind of gave to start the whole performance.
Speaker 2: They gave like their story.
Speaker 4: About them being a couple and how they didn't meet on American Idol, but they met on Broadway and they fell in love and they've been married for ten years and all this they've been together for ten years, married however long. And and I just whispered in Chris's ear because they're both like they're both like performers and they're both like singing, Like I don't know. I just was like, imagine how fucking toxic this relationship was, Like I just quietly because I just picture these two Broadway like I'm a star, No, I'm a star, and they're oh, it's like fighting with their vibranos, and I just pictured like this has gotta be fucking nuts, you know. And then Chris leaves the presentation early, right, and I've been like snarky little like, I don't imagine how toxic their relationship is. He leaves early because he has to go to something, and he goes. Look what I just witnessed. They walked the whole way this way, hand in hand, walking out and walked down this giant hallway down like they had like a mile walk that Chris walked with them back to the parking structure.
Speaker 2: And they held hands the entire time. So I had them so wrong.
Speaker 4: Not that that's a sign that everything's okay, but you can't do that if you're in a toxic relationship, you do not hold hands the entire time as a young couple that's been together for ten years. So I'm sorry I ever questioned your love, Diana DeGarmo, and as young, you were amazing today at the show, you like it was the best part of the whole show. Not to you know, I don't think anyone would be hurt by me saying that it was just so, but it was just funny for me to be like, there's no toxic and then they're holding hands the whole time, and that's your dream, Yeah, to like sing and then hold, well, not hold hands because Chris and I goes, Chris goes.
Speaker 2: They held hands longer in that walk than we have our entire.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you acknowledge it too, but like we both are not handholders.
Speaker 2: And I was on the show like that I want to.
Speaker 4: It's like me with hiking, like I don't want to, but I want to be someone who does it right. I want to want to. So it was really cute and had to love the little day. And today is my brother in law's birthday and he came with us too, and he's one of my favorite people in the world, and so I'm going over to celebrate his birthday right now with my family. I wanted to get the niece and nephews some presents because whenever I show up and I haven't seen them for two months because I was in LA and so this will be my first time seeing them.
Speaker 2: So I asked my sister, like, what what do the kids want?
Speaker 4: And she and Forrest is one and a half and the other kids are like five and six, right, and so I was like, she goes, oh, poppies into princess stuff. Arlow is obsessed with Halloween decorations and Forrest is really into trucks, and I was like, I'm not getting Forest a gift. He's not gonna remember, like I just I get gifts for to get like it was funny that you me, I forget about for it. Yeah, for like conscious beings now. But so I went to Target yesterday and got Forrest a truck, and I got Poppy a princess thing. And then I went to the Halloween section because I was like, this is awesome that like Arlow doesn't want just like a classic boy toy, Like he wants some fucked up Halloween like the weirder the better. So I got him this gigantic life size skeleton. But it's a pumpkin skeleton. It's uh and I'm so excited. I put it in the trunk like a dead body, and I'm gonna ask him. I'm gonna be like, Arlow, I forgot to get you a gift, or did I Let's go check the trunk of ma of Grandma's car because I could drive my mom's car. And so we'll go out there and I can't wait for him to pop it open and it's gonna be wearing this hoodie that I also got him that has a skeleton hood, and I'm so excited that he likes fucked up things.
Speaker 2: And uh, yeah he's really into death. Yeah, he's into death and morbidity.
Speaker 4: And what a good an he's gonna be. I can't wait to bring him to Columbine.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 4: I'll film his reaction, uh for the podcast and stuff.
Speaker 2: But we gotta go. Thank you to Eric Andre, Thank you to Diana DeGarmo.
Speaker 4: And and your ever lasting love.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys for listening dopica And did did you just go into ayahuasca with no intentions?
Speaker 6: Man,