Speaker 1: It's showtime for Apple. Meanwhile, Spotify isn't very happy with them. A genetic test for type two diabetes, Android Q, Verizon five G, a new tax sapp, and saving on spring Break.
Speaker 2: What's going on? I'm Rich Damiro.
Speaker 1: This is Rich on Tech, the podcast that tells you what you need to know about all the interesting little things that happened in tech.
Speaker 2: So this is not everything you need to know.
Speaker 1: About technology, but it's the stuff that I find interesting and for the average consumer, I think that it's stuff that you should at least be aware of. Omrich Damiro, the tech reporter at KTLA five News in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for tuning me in here.
Speaker 1: On the podcast. I do appreciate it. Got a lot of you listening, and a lot of loyal listeners, so thank you for that. I do appreciate it. And again, you know, if you've listened to this for a while, it is a work in progress. I don't take anything for granted here. This week, specifically, I will tell you that I was not able to take calls.
Speaker 2: Every week. You're like, okay's Rich gonna take calls this week? Is he not? But this week I do have an excuse.
Speaker 1: So Facebook was down on Wednesday for like almost all of the day, and that's the day that I normally do my live show where I get the phone calls for the podcast, and so if I don't have that, I'm not able to take the live calls. So we do have a reason because that was a crazy, big outage. Facebook says yesterday, as a result of a server configuration change, many people had trouble accessing our apps and services.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's playing it down.
Speaker 1: No Instagram, no Oculus, no Facebook.
Speaker 2: I mean it was rough. I turned to Twitter and LinkedIn personally.
Speaker 1: Facebook says we have resolved the issues and our systems are recovering. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience. I think it went on for about fourteen hours. For me, I just gave up. I was at the gym when I first kind of well, actually I first noticed it was a problem when I posted something to Facebook and I noticed it just kind of stopped after twenty six comments.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: It was like, no more comments. I'm like, that's kind of weird. And also the views kind of stopped. I was like, did Facebook cut me off? And then all of a sudden, I realized I couldn't refresh my Instagram feed either, and so I just kept kind of trying, and I was like, Okay, something's going on here.
Speaker 2: Then it's when I realized when I.
Speaker 1: Went to Twitter that yeah, there was a problem. Anyway, let me know how you dealt with. The Facebook outage of twenty nineteen definitely affected this podcast, but nonetheless, we got lots of great stuff to talk about today, so let's get right to it. First things first, we now have a new Apple event coming up March twenty fifth, ten am. Apple's gonna hold a special event at their Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California. That's Northern California, and this is on their campus obviously. So the tagline every time they send one of these invitations that always has some little hint as to what they're going to reveal, and the tagline this time around was It's showtime. And they did a cool little animation of kind of find me a lot of the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland, where it has that old timey feel to the black and white sepiatoned kind of images. So this is a film reel that's kind of counting down like you know, like the old school films used to count down. So clearly Apple is hinting at a Hollywood play here, and from all the blogs and all the reporting and all the rumors and speculation, it sounds like we're gonna get two things out of Apple. Number one, some sort of news subscription service. So they bought Texture last year, which is a really cool app that I used for a while.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: It kind of gives you unlimited access to all the magazines you can imagine, for one price, like ten bucks a month. So they bought that company. We haven't really heard much about that since then. So we've got that. Now here's the question, is Apple going to launch something more than what Texture was?
Speaker 2: So they're going to build Texture into the news app, and we are.
Speaker 1: They already have the news app on the iPhone, so they've got the base there. A lot of people check that Apple to tell me how popular that is, and I'm sure it is because it's kind of the default news app that they push on the iPhone.
Speaker 2: So you've got that going on. Will people pay more though to access more news? Now?
Speaker 1: A lot of people these days have a subscription to some sort of online newspaper like maybe the La Times or the Wall Street Journal, the Washington.
Speaker 2: Post, New York Times.
Speaker 1: But how much are people willing to pay for straight up news nine ninety nine a month, fifteen ninety nine a month. I don't know right now. I do not have a subscription to any of those services. So I kind of go with what's free online. What I change my mind for a higher quality service or something that included all the magazines. Maybe Now, the reason why I end up canceling texture is because it was too much. You get every magazine known to man. So what I do is I'd sit down, I'd look at the iPad, and number one, I'd be overwhelmed by all the magazines on there because there's just so many. And don't get me wrong, magazines are fantastic to browse through. But what happened is it would consume all of my time, All of my free time went to browsing these magazines. And so I would just look at all these magazines and never catch up. Yeah, sure, I found a lot of stuff. I also found myself buying a lot of stuff because what are magazines primarily there to do for? You?
Speaker 2: Sell stuff? Right?
Speaker 1: So that was that I canceled that. I think they offered me a five dollars fee to stay. I did that for a while and then I finally canceled it all together.
Speaker 2: So what I subscribe again? Perhaps, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: The other thing that they're announcing is some sort of Apple streaming service.
Speaker 2: For TV shows and movies.
Speaker 1: And we know that Apple's shooting a lot of TV shows. I don't know about movies, but they're doing a lot of TV shows right now here in Hollywood, and I'm sure they're stockpiling a lot of stuff. But again, are we ready and willing for another subscription service right now? I've got my Direct TV now, I've got Netflix, I've got amon I've got Spotify, I've got Apple Music, I've got YouTube Premium. So again, all these subscriptions add up, and it comes down to subscription fatigue. How many subscriptions can one person have? And it's kind of funny because we're getting back to this day of like the cable, where you paid one price and you got all these different things bundled in whether you watch them or not.
Speaker 2: So will we go back to that?
Speaker 1: And with that in mind, it looks like Apple is going to kind of have some of its own stuff, but then some other stuff as well. So you know, Amazon has channels, Roku has premium channels, like you could subscribe to different you know, premium networks through there. So Apple wants to do the same thing apparently with this new service. But the question is with Apple, is Apple an enemy or a friend of these studios? So remember when Netflix first came out, all these studios dumped all their old stuff on Netflix. Yeah, sure, you gonna have the old back catalog of all this garbage.
Speaker 2: And Netflix was so happy to.
Speaker 1: Accept all that stuff, right, and then all of a sudden, Netflix started doing their own stuff. And now they've eclipsed some of the studios, not eclipse, but you know, they definitely have become a force to be reckoned with in Hollywood. Maybe that's an understatement. They are huge in Hollywood. As I speak, this just mirror feet from the building that they built for Netflix, which is like fourteen stories high towering over Hollywood, and they continue to build more. This place is enormous. So again, can Apple compete? And also the way Apple does things is a little bit different. Apple is very secretive kind of so is Netflix.
Speaker 2: Netflix. They have a good PR team, but they are much.
Speaker 1: More secretive, I think than a lot of studios are, and Apple even more secretive.
Speaker 2: So this is.
Speaker 1: Something to watch. I'm going up to the event. I'm curious to see what they have. This is the first time I'm going to an Apple event where I don't think the excitement for what Apple is launching will match the event. Usually you go up to an event for Apple and you know you're gonna get some sort of crazy new hardware, whether it's an iPhone upgrade. Even if you know the whole thing, you're excited for it. This new subscription eh and I'm in the news business, by the way. And then also a new streaming service. Eh and if I think about Apple's first to stream or first two attempts at some sort of entertainment, which was Planet of the Apps that show and also Carpool Karaoke, the series they did a spinoff, just didn't really work both of them.
Speaker 2: They don't break out numbers, they never said it's a hit.
Speaker 1: So again, March twenty fifth, all questions will be answered at the Apple event in Kopertino. Maybe the most exciting things for me would be a new iPad Mini. If they come out with that, because my kids could probably use a new one.
Speaker 2: Theirs is going on four.
Speaker 1: Years old, and AirPods too, people would probably be excited to have a new version of AirPods.
Speaker 2: Well, there is one company that's.
Speaker 1: Not very happy about what Apple is doing, and that is Spotify. And this is a really and I said earlier, how you know these companies have to wonder if Apple is their friend at this point or their enemy at this point, or are they frenemies. So I would say that something like Apple and Google are frenemies because Google knows that they need Apple to run their apps on their phones. They need it for all that search traffic that they get from Google being the default search on iPhone, which by the way, they paid dearly for in the billions of dollars to be that default search. Because think about it, with one tiny line of programming code, Apple could change the default search on iPhone to Bing or Yahoo and just ruin everyone's lives. And you know, I mean if they did that, that would be bad for the iPhone because those search engines are not very good. But yeah, Google pays for that to be the default search engine on Safari. So anyway, Spotify they came out and said, you know what, We're not gonna play nice anymore. We're finally gonna It reminded me of like kind of an.
Speaker 2: X or like a whistleblower, like a tell all.
Speaker 1: It's like, look, I've been treated like this for so long, and now I'm finally just going to come out and tell you my story.
Speaker 2: And that's what Spotify is doing.
Speaker 1: They came out with the website that calls it's It says it's time to play fair, and they kind of went into all these facts and things about how Apple does not play fair with their app. So of course anyone can create an app, Apple has to approve it. It's a very closed system with Apple, and they have very specific rules, and Spotify is saying all those rules are meant to make it tougher for someone like Spotify to do business, and I will say I agree.
Speaker 2: So here's their first thing. Apple charges a discriminatory tax.
Speaker 1: So of course, if you have an app through Apple and you want to take an in app purchase, Apple takes thirty.
Speaker 2: Percent of that.
Speaker 1: So for Spotify, if they want to charge ten dollars, Spotify is going to get seven dollars of your subscription money because Apple is getting the three dollars. Now, I would say in general, I mean Apple did build the platform, so they have to get something for that.
Speaker 2: It's not like they can just give this stuff away for free. So I do.
Speaker 1: I see both sides of that argument. But here's the other thing. You notice this with something like Amazon. This is where it gets very tricky for consumers because consumers probably don't realize that you cannot buy a Kindle on You cannot buy a Kindle ebook on the iPhone.
Speaker 2: Nope, you can't. It's almost impossible to do that.
Speaker 1: Why because Apple has to take their thirty percent and Amazon does not want to give them that thirty percent. So if you download the Kindle app, wouldn't it be so nice if you can just buy a Kindle ebook through the app.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you can't. You have to go to a website and you got to buy it that way.
Speaker 1: I figured that out the hard way when I sold my book one hundred and one Handy Tech Tips for the iPhone as an ebook and everyone's like, oh, I can't buy this through the Kindle app. And I didn't want to explain to them, like how crazy it is. This whole big war between Apple and Amazon. But that's what's happening behind the scenes. So a lot of apps that have a monthly subscription number one, you'll notice it's a little bit more expensive, so thirty percent more to do that in app subscription, or they just don't offer it at all. So Netflix being one of those companies where you can't even get a subscription through iOS. You can't just tap that little fingerprint sensor or use your face ID because they don't want to give a cut to Apple, which I understand if you're talking about millions of people. And by the way, what's the easiest way to subscribe to something on the iPhone? Of course it's going to be with an in app purchase, right, So these companies don't want to give away a huge amount of their subscription revenue to Apple.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's the first one.
Speaker 1: Apple won't let us share Spotify deals, so anyway, that's a tough one to explain. Apple won't let you upgrade to Spotify Premium with ease. That's another one that kind of has to deal with the in app purchases. Apple rejects our app enhancements. So again, Apple kind of plays by their own rules with this stuff. And I think this is where it gets really interesting. Okay, I'm just gonna give you my kind of experience with Apple Music versus Spotify.
Speaker 2: So think about Spotify as an app.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are using that as their music app on the iPhone, right, but it can never truly become the default app on your iPhone because Apple does not allow that.
Speaker 2: They don't let you set defaults. Right.
Speaker 1: You can download the Chrome browser, but every link you click is going to take you to Safari. You can download Spotify, but you can't talk to Siri and have her play music through Spotify. Right, She's only gonna activate Apple Music. You can have an Apple Watch, but only your Apple Music is going to sync to your Apple Watch. And Spotify says that they've taken a lot of heat for all this stuff, and they are prohibited from streaming on the Apple Watch. They're prohibited from putting their music offline on the Apple Watch. Apple won't let them be on home pod. And so again, who's right here? I'm not sure so I think that, But if I had to explain from personal experience, if you look at Apple Music on the iPhone, the thing I can tell you is that when you sink a playlist on Apple Music and you say I want to download this music to my phone, it just magically downloads in the background to your device. On Spotify, that simply does not happen. You must have the Spotify app open and your phone unlocked for anything to download. It does not happen in the background. Same thing with Google Photos. You want to have Google Photos on your phone to back up all your stuff, sure, but guess what.
Speaker 2: Google Photos can.
Speaker 1: Only run on the background for a certain amount of time. Usually you have to open the app to kind of trigger things to make.
Speaker 2: It all work.
Speaker 1: Whereas iCloud, they're given preference. iCloud can do things in the background. Same thing with Dropbox. They can't do things in the background. iCloud can. So again, this is where it gets to be really interesting with Apple.
Speaker 2: They have created an amazing.
Speaker 1: Device, but if you want to be on it, you gotta play by Apple's rules.
Speaker 2: At least for now.
Speaker 1: Google is releasing new version of its Android software called Android Q. And just as a lot of people still don't even have the most current version, which is P, they're already onto Q. This is something that will be released in full later in the year, but right now they've got a beta, so all the nerds are installing it on their pixel phones and they're kind of finding out all the new little goodies built into this operating system. So a couple of things that the next Web is talking about. It's got support for foldable phones. It's got a basic theme engine, which means you can kind of make your device look a certain way throughout the whole device, kind of what Samsung already does. Location sharing is getting more granular, so on the iPhone, you can say, for most apps, hey, I only want to share my location when I'm actively using this app. Looks like Android's going to allow you to do that as well. And then it's looking like they're doing more support for portrait.
Speaker 2: Mode and depth effects.
Speaker 1: I thought this was interesting from Mashable. They found a new feature that lets you share your Wi Fi via AQR code. And again this is in the Android Q beta, so not many people have access to that just yet. But you know, if you're at like an event and you've got, you know, your Wi Fi, you're connected to the network, and someone next to you wants to connect to the network, you can just tap share in the settings and it will generate a QR code and the other person just has to scan that QR code with their phone and they'll connect to the Wi Fi. So it's kind of an easier way instead of sharing like a long password or even a private password. But this only works with both phones running Android q which is like zero point zero zero zero one percent of phones in the world, and if you've been on iPhone lately, I think they're doing it in a very interesting and surprising way. So if you are next to someone that wants to log in or is trying to log into the Wi Fi on the network that you're on, they'll get a little pop up on their screen that says, hey, we're gonna ask Rich if he wants to share the.
Speaker 2: Wi Fi with you.
Speaker 1: You get a pop up on your screen that says, hey, Rich, this person in your contact is trying to join the Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: Do you want to share your password?
Speaker 1: And sure enough, it shares it, they get logged in and it's pretty seamless.
Speaker 2: It's kind of surprising.
Speaker 1: The first time I saw this, I thought it was really cool, and I think for most people that don't even know that's a feature, But it's just one of those things that kind of pops up on your iPhone and you're like yeah, sure, and there it goes. Moving on now to Verizon, They've got their five G mobile network going live on April eleventh in two cities, Chicago in Minneapolis. Now Chicago makes a lot of sense. That's where Motorola used to be headquartered. I assume they still are. And the first phone that it works on is Surprise, Surprise, the Moto Z three. So this is not something where they flip a switch and the whole city of Chicago has five G. Right, this is something where they will turn it on and just sections of the city will have it. But I think it'd be awesome. I would love to go to Chicago and try this out. In fact, i'm considering that because I would love to just have a five G phone next to my four G LTE phone and just do some standard things like download a movie on you know, on.
Speaker 2: Netflix, just do some speed tests.
Speaker 1: I would just love to see how fast five G is, because I'm fine with four G.
Speaker 2: I think it's awesome.
Speaker 1: You just don't realize how much better a faster connection can be for productivity, and that's what people are going to experience there so of course, of course, of course the new five G faster Internet comes with higher price tags. So it's going to be ten dollars more per month. And I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm already at the max of what I'm paying a Verizon for my monthly service.
Speaker 2: So I get it.
Speaker 1: Ten more dollars a month not make or break most people or many people, or maybe it does, I don't know. I mean, to me, I don't want to pay a nickel more, right, but if it's really that much better, maybe I'm willing to do that. But again, I think it's one of these things where we knew it was coming. And of course Verizon spent all this money for the new network.
Speaker 2: They're going to charge people for it.
Speaker 1: So the other city, like I said, is Minneapolis, and I don't see many people using this network right away because it's kind of complicated to get on board. You can't use your typical phone, like I said, it's the Moto Z three. You also need a five G mod on top of that, so it's like this little snap on back to the phone that will give you the five G antennas and the five G capabilities. So again, a lot of people or many people do not have that on their phone, and it's only that one phone model. The other phone that we know is coming out is the Samsung Galaxy S ten five G that will launch with Verizon exclusively.
Speaker 2: Will it launch on April eleventh alongside this new network? Who knows?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Samsung wants to tap into it and take advantage of all the publicity, but maybe not. But I don't think you need a five G phone in any way, shape or form in twenty nineteen. I know the year is kind of just started, but again we are you want to wait till these things are one generation in Okay, the very first phones that took advantage of three G and four G and four G LTE, they were all very basic compared to what we have now.
Speaker 2: So I say, wait until twenty twenty. Next phone, go with five G.
Speaker 1: Don't go with the first generation device, wait till the next one. Now, time to share a couple of handy tools I've discovered this week. The first is from Google. It looks like they have finally broken out Google Hotels as an actual tool on the Google website, So before to go to Google Hotels, they've always had it, but It's been kind of tough to find, right you had to do a search for like hotels near me or hotels Los Angeles, and then it would kind of pop up. Now you can just go to Google dot com slash hotels, and Google has built a very good hotel website, and of course they're using machine learning to make it really nice. So a couple of things I like about the Google website is that it gives you price insights. So Google is constantly tracking the prices for all these hotels, and that way it can tell you, yeah, this hotel is really expensive this weekend.
Speaker 2: And so if I'm you.
Speaker 1: Know, and you might say, well, I gotta travel there for work anyway, so what does it matter. Well, if you're a leisure traveler and you're planning a vacation, it's kind of nice to know, ooh, look at that weekend, that's really expensive to travel to Portland. But this weekend, Wow, that's really cheap. Let me go to the Portland.
Speaker 2: On that weekend.
Speaker 1: And these are the kind of price insights that you can get from Google, who is tracking.
Speaker 2: Them at all times. I love this stuff. So that's number one.
Speaker 1: Number two is you can kind of sort in various ways. My favorite filter and I don't always find it, but it's called deals. So of course, like I said, with Google kind of monitoring all the different prices and keeping track of that, it knows which hotels are deals and which are not. So I personally love getting a hotel that normally costs more for less, right everyone does, I mean, I think, but Google will tell you in the filter. I just want to see deals, so you can just see the hotels or deals. The other thing is if you're a Google one member, which if you have storage with Google, you have some specific deals that are just exclusive to you.
Speaker 2: These are better prices than you can get publicly.
Speaker 1: You also have hotel highlights, so you can see like if the hotel has a fancy pool, or if it's a luxury hotel, or if it's popular with families. Again, this is all stuff that Google is getting from machine learning because if they notice a lot of people mention their family in almost every review of a hotel, Google and their computers are going to say, oh, this hotel must be good for families, so that's smart. And you can also see which hotels are near a landmark. So if you say something like hotels near Disney World, Google will show you on Google Maps the hotels that are close to that landmark, so that's nice, and you can also get the walking and driving distances. Now, the only thing I'm a little bit uncertain about when it comes to Google hotels is are these are they using all the data available or is it just partner hotels. So Google in their blog posts says the filter uses machine learning to highlight hotels where one or more of our partners offer rates that are significantly lower than you usual price. So maybe I think they mean by partners like all the websites that they jump you off to to book your hotel. That's kind of what I'm guessing. But anyway, check it out Google dot com Slash hotels one more place to research. Firefox has a new handy way to send large files to friends totally free. Now there's a lot of ways to send folks files, but this one is super simple. It's called Firefox Send. It's something they've been testing.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 1: But just bookmark this and you never know when you're gonna need it, but when you do, it's very handy. All it is is a super simple Dragon drop interface. You drag a file up to one gigabyte. It generates a link. You send that link to a friend they can download the file. There's no logins, there's no jumping through hoops, there's no giant ads on the screen, at least that I could see. And it's not trying to trick you into signing up for anything like some of these other services. But again, what Firefox is saying is, you know what we know. There's a lot of file transfer services out there. We just wanted to make and that was simple. That was private, Everything is encrypted. You have control over the file, so you can set an expiration date for your link, you can set the number of downloads, you can put a password on there if you want. But again, you can send up to one gigabyte files for free. If you want to send up to two and a half gigabyte files, you just have to sign up for a free Firefox account. So again it's send dot Firefox dot com. Next time you need to send a big file to someone, or just quickly want to send a file to someone, there you go. And this app I thought was kind of cool. It's called Keeper. This is a tax keeping app. And I know it's tax time. I'm going through all my receipts. I'm sure you are too, And every year I say the same thing, I'm going to keep track of all my receipts perfectly, and sometimes I do, sometimes they don't. I try to categorize things. I've been using an app called Everlance, which I really like, which tracks my expenses and my miles. But again, you have to go through and kind of categorize all the stuff keeper And by the way, I haven't tried this personally yet, but I just love I love the pitch on the website and it's from y Combinator, so I mean, you know, it's kind of a startup that's backed by.
Speaker 2: A very decent, decent organization. But here's what it does.
Speaker 1: You kind of log in with your bank account, your credit card, all that good stuff, and then it goes to work. It scans all your transactions and it looks for the stuff that it knows could be quote unquote written.
Speaker 2: Off right in various categories.
Speaker 1: So software expenses, transportation, industry, education subscriptions, home office expenses, working meals, and when it finds something that's kind of questionable, like let's say you went to Starbucks, it will text you and it will say, hey, we saw you went to Starbucks yesterday for fourteen dollars and thirty two cents. Was that a meeting with a business client? And you reply yes or no to that text and they will automatically categorize that for you. And apparently they're using a combination of machine learning algorithm but also real kind of bookkeeper accountants on the back end, so it automatically categorizes everything. You can export all your write offs into tools like TurboTax or H and R block at the end of the year, and they say this is great for real estate agents, actors, ride share drivers, scooter charge scooter chargers, freelance designers, freelance writers, photographers, Airbnb hosts.
Speaker 2: And I identify with this.
Speaker 1: So even though I've got a job at KTLA, I do a lot of freelance stuff.
Speaker 2: And you know, I wrote a book last year.
Speaker 1: I do a lot of speaking engagements. You know, I just I have a lot of little things that generate side income and these are things that I have to kind of keep track of. And it's not very easy, believe me, with full time job and two kids, you kind of let a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know is that an expense. Was that not an expense.
Speaker 1: But with an app like this, it makes it a lot easier to keep track of this stuff and come tax time, you know, it's much easier to just kind of hand this stuff over to an accountant or at least have base to help do this stuff yourself. So again it's called keeper tax dot com.
Speaker 2: That's the website, it's an app.
Speaker 1: It's ten dollars a month, which, by the way, I think is well worth it because this stuff does not come cheap. If you want to keep track of your taxes and all that stuff. I mean, you're talking one hundred and twenty dollars a year to keep track of all of your business expenses.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty good deal.
Speaker 1: And the money it's gonna save you on the back end when it comes to headaches and all that stuff with your taxes probably a lot better. Finally, of note, HP is recalling seventy eight five hundred laptop batteries that can pose fire and burn hazards. So I'll let you go to the website to kind of see it's HP dot com Slash Go Slash Battery Program twenty eighteen. So this was something that they originally announced last year, but they have continued to kind of I guess get the word out about this recall. Maybe more batteries are recalled at this point, but again, it's laptops that were sold between twenty fifteen and twenty eighteen, HP ProBooks, HP Pavilion and HP eleven Notebook PCs and HP X three sixty, So again, couple of notable models of HP laptops. You can download software from HP's website in thirty seconds. It will tell you if your laptop is one of those affected. If you have an HP that you think you bought between twenty fifteen and twenty eighteen, it's probably worth it to just check it out and see if you can get a battery replacement. That's gonna do it for this week's show. Thanks so much for listening to the podcast. I do appreciate it, and let me know on social media what you think of the podcast.
Speaker 2: The best thing you can do is share this with your friends.
Speaker 1: I sincerely hope that you learn something every week and there's some sort of takeaway. I promise I will get the calls back on the show very soon.
Speaker 2: I do love taking the calls.
Speaker 1: That's the best part of my job is really helping folks out with their technology, because I'm following this stuff on a daily basis, So the least I can do is help you out. Ninety Nine percent of the emails I get are very simple to answer.
Speaker 2: It's just stuff that you know. I've got the basis.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm comparing different apps, I'm comparing different products and services. I've played around with ninety nine percent of this stuff. And so again, when you're asking me, hey, Rich, do I really need the iPhone ten S Max? Or will I be just fine with the ten R? I usually just send you back a couple of questions like, hey, well, what's most important to you?
Speaker 2: Is it? You know? Size? Is it pictures?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Screen quality? And I can answer these things.
Speaker 1: It's the stuff that would take you, guys a lot of time to research, but I'm happy to do it for you. So again, the best thing you can do for me is to buy a copy of my book one hundred and one Handy Tech Tips for the iPhone. It's available on Amazon. It's got four and a half stars for ratings. A lot of people very happy with that book.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: If you've already purchased a copy I do appreciate it, or just spread the word on this podcast. So tell people, hey, I'm listening to this rich on Tech podcast. You should download it. It's for the average person. It doesn't get too mumbo jumbo techie, but it's stuff that's kind of interesting and hopefully you pick up a thing or two from every show. You kind of you know, stored way for the future and it helps you out in some way whenever, whenever you need it. But again, following me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, all those good places I am at rich on Tech. You can also watch me on KTLA. I'm on the mornings five am, seven am, nine am hours. And thanks so much for all your likes and retweets and all the comments you leave me on Instagram. I'm trying to reply to all those dms. I know it's tough, all right. If you on links to anything I'll talk about here, go to my website rich on Tech dot tv. I have not been posting the links in the show notes because I feel like, if you're like me, I listen to a lot of podcasts. If I hear something interesting, I just go on Google. So if it's an HP recall, I just Google HP recall. I usually find the information. If it's something that's really obscure and you can't find anywhere else, I will post it in the show links. Other than that, let me know if that's working out for you or if it's not.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to hear your feedback.
Speaker 1: I'm rich tamiro Rich on tech dot TV. I'll talk to you real soon