Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. Oh, we are thrilled to be joined by a very funny comedian and bright host of the food podcast Yelling About Pate and host of the live pop up comedy food wine show amuz Boosh.
Speaker 2: Please welcome back to this show. It's Carl, Carl.
Speaker 3: My god, happy to be here.
Speaker 4: And I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I have had salty licorice and it's delicious.
Speaker 2: Isn't it good?
Speaker 3: Your sweetest friend is right?
Speaker 2: Wait, what is salty licorice?
Speaker 5: Your boosh is amused when you have that shit.
Speaker 4: It's like the it's like the savory version of licorice pretty much, so it tastes like meat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely good.
Speaker 1: Onion, the one that I had with salty one side, sweet on the other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll have a liquor of steak and sweeten. You cut it with a forking knife. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I recently had a SOUVD salty Uh liquoricet.
Speaker 3: I thought it was great. Yeah, Carl, tell.
Speaker 2: Me about amoz Boosh, because before you're talking, You're like, I'm combining comedy, food and wine, and I'm like, like dinner theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean kind of Actually, yeah, a lot like that.
Speaker 4: It's a pop up food and wine party that we do at a Melody Wine Bar in virgil Villa's Natural Wine.
Speaker 3: Bar, and uh, basically we have.
Speaker 4: Two different guest chefs every show. We have different wines on specials. Sometimes we have a wine maker there and then uh, your your ticket gets you the food, you buy wine from the bar. Everybody gets drunk, and then we have like a you know, a tight comedy show, tightest show in town. It's an hour long free comedians.
Speaker 3: You know you see these.
Speaker 4: LA comedies shows their book and nine to ten people. Nobody needs that much comedy in the life. Too much comedy, Yeah, yeah, yeah, no one needs. Uh I say, no one needs over ninety minutes of any content real movies, comedy definitely not stand up comedy. So yeah, we do a tight one hour show to comedy course exactly.
Speaker 3: Then we have an DJ we dance.
Speaker 4: We do the parone, which if you don't know is a Spanish glass drinking instrument where you pour wine into your mouth from a great height, like like oh spout.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It features prominently into the entire show.
Speaker 2: So many people like just bib up or whatever before they go, you.
Speaker 3: Got a raw dogged baby, That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Red wine splattering over.
Speaker 4: No, we don't use red not actively. If you're not actively a Spaniard. I do not encourage Perona red wine.
Speaker 3: You have to. That's high levels of it.
Speaker 2: You start with white as someone who likes to, you know, sometimes have a baja blast. And I am willing to appropriate Spanish culture. I feel like I'm ready for the just for the real down my gullet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say pirna baja blast and see how that goes, and then you know they move from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, start that shot. So I think I shot down them with miles of my house. I think I watched you do it. And then I looked at her majesty, and she's like she was like, she gave you a shake of the head. She's like, ah, the divorce lawyer sent.
Speaker 3: I recently had a flaming hot mountain dew.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, and you know what it wasn't disgusting like I thought it was gonna be. Was not hot at all, which was my I was like, this should be a little bit spicy.
Speaker 1: I know it has made whisper the hint of like the spiciness of ginger beer.
Speaker 4: I wanted it to scald my escophagus with chemical burns.
Speaker 2: But right, yeah, well look they can't really do. Like did you hear about like how people who are eating Chipotle now they're like the.
Speaker 6: Hot sauce is wait hot? Now it got hot, and like people are fucking freaking out. We're all so soft, and I'm like, come on, but it turns out there like Chipotle was like, I mean, we get it from the same places all the time, but then they suspect it was a batch of like these chilis that they got from India that may be slightly hotter, and like, I forget a super producer. Victor sent me the article because I love hearing about people who.
Speaker 2: Are like too spicy, too spicy, and they're like it was just a little couple skullvills above normal, right whatever.
Speaker 4: Pepper's can be wildly, you know, there's a spectrum. Sometimes you got alp You're like this is mild. Sometimes you got alipana that fucks your day up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, or even like a shashido pepper. You you.
Speaker 3: Sneak up on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they will fucking they will jump you in an alley when you suspect it.
Speaker 3: You didn't expect it. You thought it was gonna be a nice.
Speaker 2: Little appetizer like the Benito flakes on it.
Speaker 6: Guess what, motherfucker, this is a spicy one.
Speaker 2: Jenny. What is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 8: Well, recently, when I had to search for a project I was doing, I had to search these Star Wars characters because I.
Speaker 7: Don't know any of them, and there's so many.
Speaker 2: That's good for you. I'm so happy for you, Like I don't know.
Speaker 7: There's Han Solo Adam Driver.
Speaker 2: Are they I like it naming the character. There's Luke Skywalker, Han Solo Adam Driver, Princess Billy Williams.
Speaker 7: There, Ye, there's there's a stuff there.
Speaker 2: I think a point I did.
Speaker 8: I was doing, I'm doing this project, and uh, I researched them because i'd never seen the new Star Wars. I maybe saw the one old one, but never saw the new ones, except one time I saw the first ten minutes because I was on a lot of mushrooms and we went to go see the first one with Adam Driver, and I couldn't stop laughing in the theater because that was like he wasn't girls to leave, and then he just walked into Cats.
Speaker 7: It was a much better time on mushrooms.
Speaker 2: And were people laughing in that theater? Or or do you.
Speaker 7: Like two people in there?
Speaker 8: And I walked in just as they were doing the Jenny song and it's like Rebel Wilson and like a you know, the Jenny the fat Cat and she there's roches everywhere, and I was like, whoa, this is a way different time.
Speaker 2: This is kind of more my speed right now.
Speaker 7: It's a little more my speed. Yeah I should have did that.
Speaker 2: I should have saw Cats Highest Ship. Oh yeah, mushrooms make like to Jenny's point, anything can be a comedy on mushrooms insane Adam.
Speaker 9: Driver, Yeah, Schindler's less funniest.
Speaker 2: Fun Somehow, it tripped me out in that one part you saw the girl's cult was red. I didn't know what the fuck that was about. I thought I was tripping again. But yeah, any film can be a comedy somehow, or you'll just laugh from the But I also like that you were were you just sort of like, Okay, I am laughing way too much that I'm.
Speaker 7: Just to myself. I could tell people for.
Speaker 2: Like, was it just any random finger?
Speaker 8: Like first of all, I was on mushrooms, so I had no idea what was happening in the story, and an anim driver's pulsating face it would show up and I'd just be like, that's the guy from Girl.
Speaker 9: It makes me so fair what it makes me so happy to know how much I know you pissed off Star Wars fans.
Speaker 2: Especially the first one. They was mad as fuck. I love it.
Speaker 8: Excuse me, yes, I was like and then and then to the trailer before that, and that one dude. It's like this one guy who I forget who he is, but he's an actor. It was like a spy like me or something, and he's like hanging out this little girl and he's like a big tough spy. But I was really peaking on the mushrooms and I was like, I thought he was a robot, and I was like, they.
Speaker 7: Were letting robots make movies. Now, this is so messed up.
Speaker 8: I may he looks really even in real life, this dude looks weird. Okay, so I don't think I'm that far off.
Speaker 9: Oh I know who you're talking about, Dominic that he was like pasty white.
Speaker 7: No, no, he's like he's just a little weird.
Speaker 2: Looking in Star Wars.
Speaker 8: Okay, no, this was this was the part of the trailer before Star Wars came up.
Speaker 7: I don't remember. There was like some planet. I couldn't understand what they were saying.
Speaker 2: I just know, yeah, you know, it was just hilarious as ship.
Speaker 7: You know, snape showed up on the screen.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh my god, this is a crossover episode. I was like, he's back, thank you.
Speaker 5: What is What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 10: Non chain restaurants? I think I think it's getting out of hand PDX. You hear that pds because they don't have that. I don't care for you stuff. Sparrows spelled a different way.
Speaker 2: It's rabbos.
Speaker 11: But I you know, I just especially in the context of especially in the context of like you know, dating and like trying to get and this is going to sound so awful, but I I want I'll start here. I went on a road trip with my dad a couple of months ago, and he like doesn't eat a lot of red meat. You know, he's at that age where he's.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't eat this.
Speaker 11: I can't eat that, I can't eat this. I'm like, okay, great, but it's just it was his birthday, right, and I'm like orchestrated this whole thing, and he's like, I want a steak really bad, Like I just want a good steak. I'm like, fuck, yeah, let's get that ship. Yeah, run yeah, I'm I'm googling. We're in Chicago at the time. I'm googling. I'm like, where's the best steak? Let me get it. We show up to this spot and when I tell you, they burned the steak and the vegetables were like chopped so pretentiously, and like, you know what I mean, like blame Mignon, you know. And it's a non change so it's tax like not you know what I mean? Right right, So I'm like, damn, I'm upset. I'm like you want me to pay for this, and I just like tructed the up reviews that you probably paid someone to do, you know who. You never would have done this to me. You know who never would have let me down the Red Lobster out.
Speaker 2: Back Red Lobster. Yeah, you know, yeah, everything's on a fucking timer. Like it's so like they've completely taken out the humanity from cooking, like in those places that it's full proof where it's like, yeah to store it at this tempt so you can only you know, put it this side, this side, and then you get consistency. But I know, yeah, I know that feeling.
Speaker 11: There are all these circumstances where it's like I actually need things to go to plan, like very specifically that I'm like, I look, I just met this person. I really can't fumble with the restaurant being awful, right, but I also can't take you to an Applebee's and that's it's hitting.
Speaker 12: It's just so needs to change. I'm on Google reviews yeah, all the time, and I'm so sick of them. Wow, well especially the people who don't use pictures. I'm like, put a picture out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to see what you're dealing with. I think also too. You know a great restaurant I was in Portland last time, was there? I don't know if you've been there. It's like this Thai restaurant where they also have like barbecue. It's like a few they have like a white brisket curry. That was like, it's unbelievable. Okay, I'll just say that. I just I got that tip from some Portlanders when I was out there.
Speaker 11: It's can I ask you how many locations do they have?
Speaker 2: They got one? No, I'm good, Oh wo seventy in the northwest. It was so good. There'd be so good. They should have seven hundred locations. That's by McDonald isn't as good as McDonald's. Yeah, yeah, Becca, Becca's on board. H yeah.
Speaker 11: Becca spent time here and like me and I will wait on the list. I actually am like I haven't gotten to leave that the couple of blocks radius of where I'm staying in it is interesting, like Portland is actually really dope. And you I've never lived in a place where you can look out the window and see mountains, which I'm from Florida.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't at that. Okay, Well, yeah, I know, I know he said you could you could swear on this, but that was a little bit yeah.
Speaker 11: Content content warning, content, I'm from Florida.
Speaker 5: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Pain?
Speaker 13: I actually think that nice socks are very underrated. When I say nice socks, you know, like I like, you know, guys traditionally, at least you know my friends. Growing up, you just get just whatever, the biggest pack of socks you can get for the fuck for sure, you know it by way until they break. But as an adult, I've invested in some nicer quality socks, and man, I'll tell you it's a different way to live your life. You don't know what you're missing. Feels like you're suiting up for business, like a nice, thick pair of just hmmm, it just feels good.
Speaker 2: So so your journey is from I'm the same way I would be like if like why would have I like I would I remember seeing a pair of socks like nice socks and you get one pair, right, and I'm like, no, no, no, I need at least as doesn't by any means no. But also but that's but that's my thinking too, And I've definitely come to realize as I blow holes in like sock after sock, because like, I like grip my toes so much when I walk that I'm like that the like the few times that I've like spent a little bit more money on a sock or like one that was more like activity appropriate. I'm like, oh shit, okay, but what's a like what are we talking like, you're going Marino wool, you go on silk infused Branda. I've been buying. I don't have to plug anything.
Speaker 13: Add some add some add some NYC dot Com.
Speaker 2: Okay, how much they are.
Speaker 13: They're not cheap, but they're I mean you just gotta try them on to feel it out, Like twenty five a pair or something stupid.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've paid that much for basketball socks.
Speaker 5: I think I'm still like middle class with the socks. There's definitely like the Haynes ones I grew up with. I've taken a step up to like Nike ones that come in packs of four maybe you know, but not not individually, not buying socks one at a time, by buy any stretch of the imagination unless they're dress socks, but both socks and underwear. It's like, I'll buy a nice pair of socks and a nice pair of underwear, and then I'll try to just like just wear though like all the other ones just get relegated to the bottom of the drawer and I never wear anything else.
Speaker 2: Into those, yet those nice ones start falling apart. Do you do this thing? Like my underwear drawer is basically the exalted few that are at the top of the pile because they get the most rotation if I go a few levels beneath that. Yeah, I'm looking at artifacts from decades ago or things that.
Speaker 3: One used to be.
Speaker 2: But like, I just I just got fed up.
Speaker 13: At one point, I said, you know what, I'm literally investing in nice underwear and nice socks. Yeah, I just got rid of those scary ones from I don't know when right that don't mask.
Speaker 2: It's like this is probably my friend's underwear. I don't even know how I got this right. Yeah, Like my underwear right now looks like a ghost's prom dress. Like it's so like spooky and tattered and like wispy and like used to be a white piece of factory. At one point, do I definitely I'm when I'm reaching that same point because I kept looking at my drawing. I'm like, man, I use maybe five percent of the ship in this. I'm like, I gotta go scorts Earth on some of these shitty pieces.
Speaker 13: When you guys travel, do you overpack your underwear?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I usually do I underpack underwear for something like I just assuming that you might shig your pants every single day or so, there's always one. Yeah, times, I always add one for the just in case. I usually five x, you.
Speaker 13: Know, like if I'm going for five days from bringing it, at least ten pairs of underwear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I yeah, I rarely ship my pants more than like a couple of times on a trip.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but you never know. Yeah, yeah, you never know. Yeah, gotta be ready for anything. Nice underwear, nice socks. I think that's very good under it. It's just so wild too, because it's such a like the adult thing to do. But for whatever reason, it's like probably the more I'm the most stunted as someone who's nearing forty years old is like, got to have those underwear that my mom bought me in college, Like I don't. I literally have fucking underwear from what is that fucking almost twenty like nineteen years ago. Companies that have gone excep Yeah that Like I'm like head the company that makes like tennis rackets.
Speaker 13: Pat that gift for Christmas? Now you're like, thank you because people ever want to buy that ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, exactly and now I'm like, oh no, like these old American apparel underwear from two thousand and four. Useless, useless.
Speaker 5: I got some American apparel tube socks floating around in my sock drawer.
Speaker 2: Like, and where were you at your in your life? That's what's like. It's interesting to do, Like what were you like when you're living in New York or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, dressing as Rocky three for Halloween, I think that's where I got them. Beach scene, Me and my homie dressed up as a Rocky and Apollo for the beach scene.
Speaker 2: Shit, I just still got them there. Yeah, there's nothing like the carbon dating of your underwear, door of your underwear.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we will talk aliens.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. And we're back, and so is Pro Publica with a fucking groundbreaking report that they revealed last Thursday. We learned that Justice Clarence Thomas has been accepting quote secret luxury trips from Republican mega donor Harlan Crowe for more than two decades. And this has included things like jet rides like using his like p jet Hiss, like Bombader five hundred whatever fuck is called and going on his one hundred and sixty two foot super yacht.
Speaker 7: Okay, lovers, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean lovers of the end of democracy for sure. Right now twenty years twenty years.
Speaker 8: Arrett, what was that movie about the mountains? Broke Back Mountain, very brokeback Mountains?
Speaker 2: Oh, or Ginny Thomas And she's like, you're not going up there to fish? Yeah that movie. Yeah, you're not going there to the mountains. Yeah, that's so funny because there is a picture of them fishing. Harlan Crowe, you mean Harlan nasty. That was a wonderful line delivered by Michelle Williams in that film. Anyway, So just like put this thing, these things into perspective, right, the cost of a trip to go on a jet and then one hundred and sixty two foot super yacht for like nine days. People are being like on the conservative side could have gotten to around half a million dollars for that. But fortunately, I guess, like you know, he didn't have to fully disclose some things because the way you have to disclose things are like if you go to someone's private home, you don't have to disclose it. But the second transportation is involved, you have to fucking disclose shit. And apparently it wasn't even just to do stuff with Harlan crow Like. It's it sounds like based on like certain flight logs, Clarence Thomas like used his jet for like a three hour trip to go to New Haven, Connecticut from like DC a few years ago. And again it's a problem because if you aren't disclosing all these gifts, especially if they're worth more than four hundred fift dollars, it's hard to tell how the fuck you're being influenced. Although these people swear up and down has nothing to do with anything, I've never had any case in front of him. I'm just a connective tissue to other plutocrats and the Supreme Court justice as well as you know, people like Leonard Leo of the Federal Federalist Society. So there's only one place people will stop lying.
Speaker 9: I wish people will stop lying, though I know, I mean, just be real, because look, I'm gonna be real. If you let me rottle you one hundred and sixty two foot yacht, next decision I'll make. There's your decision.
Speaker 2: Bruh.
Speaker 7: It's true.
Speaker 8: It's like Here's the thing is is you hear it and you're like, wow, that's crazy, and then you also are.
Speaker 7: Like, nothing will happen. Right, exactly that thing will happen.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. That's the that's the wonderful sort of ebb and flow of being an American in this country and being half tuned into what's happening, or you're like, how the fuck can this happen? And then you immediately then modulate too, well, what the fuck?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's gonna? What's gonna? He's really going to see justice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know who knows justice? Yeah, I know his name is literally Justice Thomas. But like so again, we we also found out like back in he only disclosed one trip back in nineteen ninety seven, and you know, apparently this isn't just this is just the tip of the iceberg. He like Crow also just made it rain on Clarence Thomas with all kinds of fun gifts, like giving him a nineteen thousand dollars bible that he wanted an auction that belonged to Frederick Douglas.
Speaker 7: Wow, you know what I mean, that's actually kind of a sweet gift.
Speaker 2: Weird this kind of with your theory starts to hold up because Harlan Crowe's quote about it was like, I was at this auction and I saw the item come up, and I knew how much Clarence was a fan of Frederick Douglass, so I figured he had to have it, And I'm like, what a fuck? This is so fucking thoughtful.
Speaker 7: Yeah, their lovers, man, their lovers.
Speaker 2: He also bought a fifth got him a fifteen thousand dollars bust of Abe Lincoln.
Speaker 7: Yeah, loveries, Okay, I only let.
Speaker 2: Me tell you something.
Speaker 9: If I get you half a million dollars, it could just be like, yeah, man, I just believe your calls. But if I give you a nineteen thousand dollars Bible and a bust of Abraham Lincoln, my dick has been inside of you.
Speaker 2: There's no middle grade. Yeah, when the gifts are thoughtful, there's like, now a gift you guys. You guys have something good going on. And here's the other thing. Like he was flown out to like this like other retreat he has where he would like apparently this guy Harlan crow would host like Clarence Thomas, along with other like government officials and like business magnates and be like, hey, man, they're just kicking it together. You know, I have no clue what they're talking about. I mean, yes, Leonard Leo, who runs the fucking Federalist Society, who's the architect of all of our current judicial fuckery that's going on in this country, they just kick it all the time together on their little bro hangs, and it's, you know, all to the good what it turns out, though, Like in the La Times about twenty years ago, they like they busted Clarence Thomas for not reporting shit, and ever since like that happened, Clarence Thomas has just stopped reporting or disclosing things altogether, Like ever since he got burned, He's like, yeah, well I'm not gonna do that shit anymore. And not only that, Crow regularly has Thomas stay at his invite only resort, where again it's like it's like an all men's retreat. Here's the thing. This place has a clay tennis court, a batting cage, a replica of Hagrid's hut from Harry Potter, bronze statues of gnomes, and and a nineteen fifties style soda fountain where they make like bespoke milkshakes.
Speaker 7: This just sounds great, man, you please go back to the Hagrid's hot Okay, don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not a Harry Potter like person, So I don't know what Hagrid's Hut. I know, I know what, I know what who Hagrid is, but I don't know what the significance of How like is that like a pizza shop for Harry Potter fan?
Speaker 7: I think, well maybe maybe they go there. That's where they talk about all their anti trans stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, they're like to jk Rowling, the Hagrid's Hut, where we enter and come up with new ways to vilify and to humanize trains speaking to legislation.
Speaker 7: I mean this, this sounds.
Speaker 8: This sounds so I feel like if we want them to turn around, we have to say they don't know you guys are lovers and just be like, no, it's fine.
Speaker 14: You know what.
Speaker 7: Actually these sound like really great gifts. Let's celebrate your guys love.
Speaker 2: And then he'll be like, I'm not no, I'm trying to influence him for judicial decisions. Oh good, we used homophobia to bring the truth out. Fantastic.
Speaker 9: So all this shit like is so influenceable, Like I'm listening to everything you've been listing off and I'm like.
Speaker 7: I would give you whatever you won't if you let.
Speaker 2: Me come to this ship.
Speaker 7: Jack, Like it's like whatever you want, You're just a milkshake. Sways you.
Speaker 9: Hey, Haggard, the Oreo milkshake is haris milkshake is really good.
Speaker 2: We're simple. We're based on motherfuckers, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: And he gave me a hagrid. I thought it was a real milkshake, No hagrid irid.
Speaker 2: Just to enjoy this Oreo milkshake. If if you get so chummy with people and you know you're all on the same page, that's really all it takes, truly, you know, just to be like, yeah, of course we get it, like without even saying, you know, you don't really have to, but to be in proximity to these people is really Again, it's like one of those things where like, of course they are and then you're like, of course, nothing can happen, and not to mention, Okay, this guy he isn't just giving money to the GOP. He also he loves making it rain on people like Joe Manchin and Kirsten cinema, two senators who've gotten the way of a lot of shit recently. So you're like, Okay, so this motherfucker knows what he's doing.
Speaker 7: He knows exactly what he's taking Hagrid Town.
Speaker 2: They're all going to Hagrid's hut, you know what I mean? In terms of like what Democrats are talking about, Like Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee have said that they're going to address this, but like probably in the same way they're addressing police reform, you know what I mean. Yeah, you'll look, sure, I'll address it by saying I'll address that. I will say out loud this is a problem. But another member of Congress was saying, like, you know, it may not be worth the fight since it would destroy people's faith in the court. Sir, sure, I'm sorry. What do you think the sequence of events here is that we're on the precipice of losing faith in this boty, Like people do not give a people have already lost faith in that shit, unless you're one of these like monster bastard donors that use it as like your fascism accelerator tool, then in which case you fucking love it. Yeah, So it's very it's you know, it's it's it gets you feeling a little bit like, ah, well maybe they'll address it out loud and that's the most we can get. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I also wonder too, if, because they're all such awful, horrible people, is it really influencing or is it just terrible people coming together talking about terrible shit, right, Like the the the donors just like, hey, maybe we should stop women from having from having abortions, and Clarence was like, I was gonna.
Speaker 7: Do that anyways. Let's just sorry, like right right right, I feel like they're.
Speaker 8: All so bad it's going beyond influence and it's really just demons hanging out with each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Hankred's hut it has it.
Speaker 2: You know what's wild though? Too? There was a there was like a district judge that was confirmed by Trump like when he was in office. They swore this guy in at Harlan Crowe's fucking house, like this guy's light fucking library, I do. There is this one clip that's just kind of fun to hear because you know, like apparently fucking Clarence Thomas like loves to portray himself as this like folksy guy who's like really not into like he's just really into r v's and shit. But we're hearing about all the like how hetting it up and taking pjets. I just want you to hear this, like how he would how helpful of shit this guy is when he's describing himself like in this documentary. You know, I don't have any.
Speaker 15: Problem with going to Europe, but I prefer the United States, and I prefer seeing a regular parts the United States.
Speaker 2: I prefer going across the rural areas. I prefer the r V parks.
Speaker 3: I prefer the Walmart parking lots to the beaches and things like that.
Speaker 7: Oh really, I go, what there's a Walmart parking lot?
Speaker 2: Well, if that's part of our V, that's r V culture because you could you could take your RV to like the Walmart. That's like a thing. I didn't know.
Speaker 7: If you are putting his pubes on people's coat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly all over them. I mean there's so much pubic hair everywhere. I love it. I mean I like to go wherever the pubic hair blows, and that's where I end up, you know, just setting down with Ginny and she comes up with her you know, fantasies about overturning elections, and I just put cubes on coke cans and laugh at Anita Hill's you know, terrible misfortune. But yeah, we'll see, I mean right now he has put out a statement finally because like Harlan Crow is like, I don't know, this guy's my friend, man, what do you want me to do? Like, I just I never did anything untoward and it's just hospitality. Justice Thomas has said, quote, Harlan and Kathy Crow are among our dearest friends, and we have been friends for over twenty five years. As friends do we have joined them on a number of family trips during more than a quarter century. We have known them. Early in my tenure in the Court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends who did not have business before the court was not reportable. And he was just like basically doing the I didn't know I couldn't do that defense, which will hold up when you're initial in this country.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you didn't know you could do that, then you should be on the court, simple as that. And also it's just like, all right, look like we're poor so comparatively, I mean you are, okay.
Speaker 7: So I mean.
Speaker 9: You have test wall. Yeah that I should get some titties on my wall to class this place up.
Speaker 16: It will, it will your income, someone's gonna okay, mister double d.
Speaker 13: O ship.
Speaker 7: This man got some double ds on this. You're not poor, You're not pooring I'm not classic.
Speaker 9: No, but no, comparatively we are poor compared to these motherfuckers. So when we hear all this ship, when we hear all this ship, like it's like God, damn all this all this, but like, ain't nothing, it's not that. I mean, yeah, man, you rich and you inviting people like you said to do rich ship with you, Like why why not the cloth? Why not disclose that? Like unless you was on some ship, like going on a yacht and going to somebody's house and somebody give you a gift, isn't bad unless you know, all this ship is swaying your decision making as a judge of the highest court of the land.
Speaker 2: So you just look guilty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why men are bad.
Speaker 2: That's why men are bad liars and bad cheaters, because like you.
Speaker 9: Don't you do the dumbest ship.
Speaker 2: Like if you if you know you own.
Speaker 7: Some ship, do not disclose it, disclose everything.
Speaker 2: You'll be like, what I disclose all that ship?
Speaker 8: I don't do that because it's like nothing's gonna happen to them, that's going to happen to you, Like the ship with Man.
Speaker 2: They're like, so boy, what you got?
Speaker 8: What It's like the thing it's like with Trump, everyone's like he's going He's not going to fucking jail.
Speaker 7: You will get away scot free. Nothing will happen. These people, they're above the law. Just go just get on TV and be like, hey, everybody, I'm super above the law. So like, don't even worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, go back. They're just wasting my time right now. It's all I don't worry. Your boy will be free after this. And I would love so badly to fucking eat these words. But again, like I've said in past episodes, history shows me the data set I'm looking at, it won't fucking happen because it didn't. They had their chance with Nixon and they didn't do it. And then that in Bolden Reagan and they didn't do shit. And now we're here, here we go but yeah, we shall see what goes on in those parts. But again, I think to your point, Jackieesy is like it. The reason he can't even talk about it is because it reveals just how politicized that body is. Rather than being like, oh my god, we are completely objective. I'm like in a fucking hyper barrack chamber where people can't even talk to me when i'm unless I'm like on the bench here, and you realize, no, they're chumming it up, and from there they hear people's designs on what they think American can be, and if they agree, then you know they kind of know which which direction to move in. Okay, let's move on to another fucking big story too, in the Tennessee State House. So two Democrats were expelled from the Tennessee House after they joined in a protest a week before on the House floor, which only happened. The only reason that they engaged in this protest for, just so you realize, is because the Republicans during the session, they fucking turned off their microphones during the debate because they're like, they're saying, they're just spitting too many facts and they're trying to make us feel bad. We got to cut the microphone off, so they used a bullhorn and apparently they're like, oh no, no, no. They called it a disruption, and a lot of people were li likening it to like January sixth on Fox. They were like, this is why we can't have people just invading these political buildings and things like that, and you're like, uh, whatever, I don't have time to pick them.
Speaker 7: It's so insane, it's so insane.
Speaker 2: But despite that, there were no arrests and the protesters were entirely peaceful, so really not like January sixth at all. These were like students and activists who were like, we are dying, you are doing fuck all, what is going on? And now here's where the races where there's where the racist bit comes in. Only two of the three were Justin Jones and Justin Pearson. You know again, Jones said for you know, basically that we called for you all to ban assault weapons, and you you responded with an assault on democracy. So the third member of this protest was a woman named Gloria Johnson, who she was one vote shy of being expelled. I don't know, I don't know which person suddenly had a change of heart to flip the math when the vote seemed the exact same for these two black members of the state House. But when it came to her, it's, as she said, my survival was probably due to the color of my skin.
Speaker 7: I think it was done on purpose for sure. Sure of course they were just like, hey, Jeff, why don't you keep her in? Just see let's see, let's see these libs.
Speaker 2: Explode, and they like, you know, you know again, we've there's been like blanket condemnation. But when you look at Tennessee, actually that's there's they're kind of ahead of the curve when it comes to going full fash like you're twenty thirteen, yeah, eight, seeing this political science professor created like a scorecard as like a way to like analyze and assess like sort of the healthy, like the level of healthy democratic norms that existed in a state. Tennessee was dead fucking last on that list. You know, this is another state that has been jerry mandered so bad that there isn't a single state Senate seat that is competitive, which essentially guarantees they have this like super duper fucking majority to basically be like, man, we can do whatever the fuck we want, including expelling people who are merely voicing like concern over what is happening, not to mention we can dilute black political power by expelling these two black politicians. And you know, this is also just disenfranchising the many black residents that these two people represent. And and it's still possible they could run again, but we're still we don't know yet what these fucking creeps in the state House might do to try and find a way to prevent that as well.
Speaker 7: But they'll definitely find a way.
Speaker 8: And it's just it's if you listen to the way stuff was said, it was so disgusting and like you need to behave you're lucky to be here.
Speaker 7: All that fucking bullshit that they throw.
Speaker 2: It was so very awful to watch, really, and I think a lot of people are like, this is the heart, Like what people fear is is like a lot of copycat shit like this happening in these other red states where they have these majorities, where they are going to disenfranchise voters, not by trying to overturn an election, by merely just expelling like rightfully elected people just to kind of keep the momentum going for whatever fun.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I did not really know that this was a possibility.
Speaker 9: I you know, just had never heard of it into this so I was like, is that easy to get niggas out of the fucking and and now that like one group has done it, the fear is the aaps around the country. I'll be like, we can get the nigros out this easy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. I know we need is if we have a two thirds majority and we have super majorities, we can do fucking anything. And usually we'd hope that there's some kind of balance. But again, the way these especially after the twenty twenty census, the way these maps have been carved up, it's fucking very, very fucked up and scary. So we'll see. But I mean like it's good good to see. I mean, I don't know if it's good to see, but rightfully, all the people that were in the state capitol were like, this is an absolute fucking disgrace. What the fuck are you doing? And it's so wild to see how like how cowardly these fucking people are, because the second they interact with like people in the public, whore like what are you trying to do? They're like, Uh, get me to my fucking suburban so I can fucking peel out of here with my security. It's just yeah, so they're insulating themselves. Meanwhile, like people are dying needlessly.
Speaker 9: So you know, this is why this to make one more point, this is like one reason why I want people to understand that even though we're seeing like you know, Republicans lose like in Wisconsin, or progress more progressives getting elected or things like that, the damage that we don't see is shit like this and the power that like these conservative and Republican congress members have, like the ship they're doing or the ship they can do under our noses, there's so much more.
Speaker 2: Scarier than the ship that we see on the news.
Speaker 9: Like oh yeah, so if this, if this story came to the news, like, imagine the ship that's come going on that like that we don't fucking know in the power they don't have, and like the way they accumulate their power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I think, Yeah, that's why. So that's why it's so important to actually be engaged with what's happening in your state. It's not just about federal politics. It's that the most local, like the ship that you're gonna feel first is at the local level. The federal ship you know, makes its way to you. But if you're not aware of what's happening, I mean, it's like the same thing like Ohio is also in terrible shape because it just so fuck that map is also carved up. They've got wild majorities and you know when we're just seeing like a curtailing of rights at a really rapid rate. So you know, just something to exhale about in an exasperated way.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just again, it just feels like well like they they were so good at like they had the the Republican Party had the patience game where they just played long term, got in all these got basically under the skin and are now like like a sore bubbling up and just puss all over the skin of America just like right gross.
Speaker 2: Top. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like we gotta we got to cut it out.
Speaker 2: Got to excize it to cut it. The thing is, yeah, you know, like to your point about like just like the long game, they could they saw the they saw the writing on the wall. They're like, okay, we're dealing with decrease to religious like religiosity is on a downward trend. People are becoming more into like politics that appeal to people on the left and further left. What the fuck we do? It's they're basically just like, okay, then we have to rig the game until they don't know. It's like, okay, they're gonna beat us in basketball. But what we're gonna do is we're gonna sneak into the locker room and put a bunch of lead weights in their shoes and also put a little needles in their uniforms that distract them, and then the ball will be ten times heavier, the rim will also be about like five times smaller, and they won't get a fucking shot in. And then we'll go on the other side and do what we do. So keep an eye out. But yeah, the fucker we continues. All right, let's take another quick break and we'll be back to talk about fucking exorcisms, dude, And also Russell Crowe's fucked up accent in this movie. Right after this, and we're back.
Speaker 5: And South Carolina Senator Tim Scott has announced that he is running for president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not from his own self loathing. Somehow I thought he'd be running from that, but no, he's trying to run towards the White House without knowing anything about him. You just you already know he has no chance, you know what I mean. That's what's so funny about this to me, Like, you know, here's the future of like the Republican Party as I see it. If you don't actually come for Trump's ass and be able to beat him at his own game, you will not do shit. That's just where energetically, that's just where it's at. That's the only thing I think that's gonna move the needle for somebody. He's gonna be like, nah, this guy sucks. He's actually not far right enough, and I'll own you in a debate or whatever. Everyone's like, you know, everyone is very there deferential to Trump, and that's truly at their own peril. Right now, Tim Scott isn't even polling in the double digits in his own fucking state of South Carolina. Trump is like ahead of the field by twenty points, and Ron De Santis is like, you know, back another flight. I think, yeah, he's ahead of dissantus by twenty points. So a lot of people are like, what is the point of this and his campaign launch video, Oh, if you saw it. It's truly one of the saddest things I've seen for starters. He fundamentally, I think, has no idea what the Civil War represents because he filmed it at fucking Fort Sumter, Okay, another place where you know, white supremacist secessionists were like, yeah, let's fucking go after this government facility and just kick off the Civil War. And he talks about how he will never back down. But like many history buffs are like, you know, like Sumter was never taken by the Union, like once they took it, it was only abandoned after the fact. So like, so, how what are the sides are metaphor who exactly are you are? Who are the Confederates because the modern day GOP, like you know, the conservatives of like that time, Uh, they were not about equality, if my recollection holds correctly about the Civil War. I thought they were just about say it's through its miles in that, Well, yeah it was. It was about commerce. It was about commerce. Just it's only about commerce.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: Some people have like tweeted at me, They're like, well it was also about commerce. I'm like that's not okay, the commerce of what goods? Yeah, right, which is in particular was it you're king by the name of Cotton. But anyway, like they they like based on the images though that like suddenly he's like, you know, the America's gone divided, and like we're having to stand tall against people that would rather bring the country down their flashing images of Bernie AOC, Elizabeth Warren and Biden. And I think he's trying to say that they are the bad guys because that whole thing of like was a Republican and then just act like there's no other context that that would be meaningful to this like depiction. So you know, good luck to that man. It's kind of like a tragic comedy, I think at this point. Yeah, like his whole run because he clearly has no idea what's going on, even like with his own base, and that like the GOP's constant messaging and like of racism and fear mongering has turned them into a group that is incapable of understanding policy. They don't even care well about policy. They only know blood. Yeah, and like his whole thing's like I want to get to brass text. They're like, bro, they're going to eat you alive.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 17: Did you know his signature, His signature piece of legislation is it's urban restoration. It's literally giving tax breaks to developers to do gentrification. Like that is that man's like on his fucking website. That is his signature piece of legislation, which I'm pretty sure passed under Trump.
Speaker 2: But anyway, right, I mean remember too when he tried to introd like there was his like policing bill too, that they're like, hey, the summer of twenty twenty, like, hey, you're our black senator, you should introduce this bill of incremental change, and we'll treat it as revolutionary. And you know, he got his little applause and things like that, but its just like it feels like this like a scene in a movie where like a dorkey kid wants to ask the most popular girl to prom even though she's totally out of his league and a violent racist as the audience, you like, we all know the outcome. Yeah, he's still like walking up with his like like box of Russell Stover's chocolates and be like Kelly, you know what I mean, And it's just like no, man, no, full get the fuck away. She's raised. What the fuck you're trying to do. Man, leave her alone, Leave that shit alone. So yeah, there's also he already had to He had an opportunity to act like a serious candidate too when he was asked about, you know, abortion, because that's a that's a big deal right now, and it's probably it's it's proven to be a losing fucking policy platform, policy point for the Republicans. And I'm gonna play this clip for you where he's asked about abortion, and I just want to warn you he has a pretty good answer. No, who the fuck am I kidding? He absolutely fucked the bed with his answer about abortion. Try and even decipher what he even means with this answer. When he's asked about where he's at on abortion, Yes, sir, would you support a federal ban on abortions?
Speaker 15: I would simply say that the fact of the matters when you look at the issue of abortion. One of the challenges that we have, we continue to go to the most restrictive conversations without broadening the scope and taking I'm on pro life, I never walk away from that. But the truth of the matter is that when you look at the issues on abortion, I start with the various important.
Speaker 14: Conversation I had in a banking hearing. When I was sitting in my office and listening to Janet Yell and the Secretary of the Treasury talk about increasing the labor force participation rate for African American women by having abortions. I think we're just having the wrong conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh my fucking got my man, my man, wow, wow wow wow.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 17: Well, I mean to me, this this, this gets right up there with the domestic supply of infants, loundic like this is this is the actual conversation we're having. It's like, should we keep black women in the labor force or should be forced them to have children so that we have more bodies for the jails? Like right, what are you even talking about?
Speaker 2: Man? And that's where my mind went through a comm I'm looking I look at abortion through a commerce lens, right, or the banking committee meeting that I was in. Yeah, like a but again, you know, go ahead, man, like this is so that's why it's so funny to watch them deal with this like plutonium rod of the abortion issue. They don't know, like to just drop it and throw it as far away from them as possible, and they're like, ah, I think it's melting my skin because I'm holding it still, like fuck off. But anyway, this is this is what they got, This is what they all.
Speaker 5: Right, well, speaking of what they got, they got they got billionaires on their side. Yeah, and so we we mentioned in passing the past couple of days that The Atlantic was entering the fray with Wall Street Journal with a column from somebody being like, you, guys.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about.
Speaker 5: Crow is totally normal Nazi paraphernalia collector doesn't mean he's a Nazi. The So this is the Atlantic, you know, presumably considered to be like center left journalistic institution, you know, even though the Senate, what is considered to be the center left in the United States is actually far far right. But I just want to read how the article opens, because this it just it's an interesting It's by somebody named Graham Wood or graham Wood. Never seen Graham spelled this way.
Speaker 2: For English English g R. A E. M.
Speaker 5: Would so first sentence. I have never met Harlan Crowe, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas's billionaire best friend, but I have peered through the fence surrounding his estate late at night, and once I went inside and snooped around for a couple hours. Last year, Crow and his wife Kathy put on an event to honor two Dallas humanitarians, and I was invited with about one hundred others for cocktails and carenapees in the Crow's cavernous library, a Texas scale wood panel room with walking fireplace and a collection of art and memorabilia worthy of a Bond villain. So that's an interesting start, and you might suspect that him snooping outside of this compound that contains Nazi memorabilia was like him as a journalist being like this, there's something up with this guy. There's just like something that doesn't scan. He's always like hanging out with these really influential right wing dignitaries and leaders and Supreme Court justices, and like, so I've hung out, I've like kind of kept my eye. But it turns out that it's like actually aspirational and he he just like was hanging out there because he wants to like get invited in, and like was excited because he goes on to just be like he's a total sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Essentially, He's It's that last paragraph of it that's really fucking wild. Of like where you kind of have half of the quote from the last paragraph.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it simply isn't possible to be a Nazi crypto or otherwise and simultaneously be an abe Lincoln and Liz Cheney fanboy. Let alone to conceal from your dearest confidence among them black and Jewish people, your preference for the master race, he wrote. Then he says that he if he were ever to become a billionaire, he would buy one of those gold dinars, the official currency minted by the Islamic State, And that was.
Speaker 2: Like his beat. Like as a journalist, he was covering that a lot, so I think he was trying to like put this thing of like, Okay, this is this is you know, I'm into, Like I covered some pretty awful stuff, and I'm kind of maybe with like a coin, I guess, just to like for funsies, right.
Speaker 5: And then he says, some strangers might suppose that because I own such a repugnant item, I must have secretly pledged my soul to Abu Bakar Bagdati. But my friends would know otherwise because they are not morons.
Speaker 14: Ah.
Speaker 5: Yes, So it's just that like kind of dismissive Ivy League, Harvard bullshit where it's just like everybody.
Speaker 2: Who says this is dumb.
Speaker 5: If you say someone's hit or into Nazis because they have a signed copy of minekomf, you're just dumb and you're not as cultured as I am. Excuse me why I finished stuffing my face with cannapis. There's there's also an older article in the Atlantic, because he's written for the Atlantic for a while, talking about being a high school classmate of Richard Spencer. Oh, don't worry, he's not a fan of Richard Spencer. But that article opens with him bragging about being at a Christmas party bash with Richard Spencer for Reason Magazine, the libertarian publication, And he's not like and I infiltrated this. It's like, yeah, I got to go to this cool Christmas party with Reason Magazine, a libertarian publication.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I like, I'm sure there's a.
Speaker 5: World where Harlan crow Is just doesn't have an ideological thought in his head that he's aware of, you know, and is just like Tackley, collecting these things based on the fact that they make the people around him ooh and ah, and you know they seem important and then just like throwing them all up next to each other with no context, like it's a TGI Fridays. But it's like the first of all, the fact that like his audience is like ooh mind comp and like look how nice the cutlery and nap can wear of the Nazis were is weird. And also it's just revealing that like this Harvard grat, like this person who's supposed to be at the center of like mainstream media like dives in and like, you know, is giving the benefit of the doubt to this billionaire, right, and you know what, would not do would not even think to do the same thing with somebody who's murdered by the police, for instance, you know so, but when it comes to the most powerful people in the country, they rush in to be.
Speaker 2: Like, you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. He's just into the stuff because it's cool. It's the other thing that he says, hold on, I gotta fucking stupid things. Paywalden. I'm gonna give him my fucking money.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: That's that's what makes this all so difficult. There's there's this one part where he basically says like he's saying like, if I, if I, if I wanted to unburden myself of the billions of dollars of inherited wealth, I too might invest in curious historical pieces. He leads the turn like, unburden myself of billions of dollars. And you're like, oh, the burden of of What else are you gonna do but buy Nazi shit when you got billions of dollars, Please y'all come to see Look at the point. And he hangs out with Jewish people and black people. He can't be into the master race, right.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: And again I'm not even saying like it's it's a nailed on thing. I'm like, sure, maybe he has some weird quirk about it, but I'll tell you this, if I had billions of dollars, I'm not buying Nazi shit, Okay, I'm buying weird fucking I don't even know what. I don't even have that. I don't have the mind, like the imagination to put myself there, like what would I buy? But it feels like like that's myself? Interesting?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 5: Like this person who writes for The Atlantic, supposedly center left, like widely regarded if you ask anybody who like writes The New York Times be like that place is center left or you know, sure it Like this is a person who peers through the gates of a billionaire's home at night and fantasizes about the weird murder paraphernalia he would buy when he becomes a billionaire, right, Like that's who is at the center of the mainstream media. The center, Yeah, the mainstream media.
Speaker 2: Well look again, it's it's all about the status quill at the end of the day. And to like begin a real or this discussion of like this is this is why everything's so fucked up might be a bridge too far, and it's better to just be like is it that bad to have a ton of money? And yeah, you're into weird historical stuff, right, nothing to see here, Okay, escape it moving. I personally think it's fucking weird to collect Nazi stuff on the record. Yeah, you're not gonna find me collecting that shit. If anything, I'd be like, I'd buy like a weird I'd buy so much weird sports crap probably, you know, like meaningless shit, like a fucking ticket from like a Arsenal match of like yester year for nothing, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's just like I don't know, like it that I even the thought of like Nazi memorabile just freaks me out, like I don't want to fucking even Like there was this guy who was a friend of a friend who I remember, like like something came to light and they're like, yeah, I found out this guy collects like a bunch of Nazi stuff. Yeah, and they're like wait they're then and I met them. They're like, there's such wait that guy he's so nice. He's like yeah, he's kind of like really into that stuff. And I'm like, oh, it's never a I have to I don't know anybody who that, but I gotta think it's a very good time. But it's just interesting to think about the audience of this stuff that has driven him to continue to keep a bunch of like Nazi dinnerware on display, a painting by Hitler next to a painting by Norman Rockwell and a painting by George Bush, who he think George W. Bush, who he thinks is a hero, presumably based on his feelings about Lynn Cheney. He like the audience for that.
Speaker 5: Like the feedback that he's getting is like whoa cool? And that makes total sense because like there was a fascist coup like around the time that Hitler was rising to power in the United States by the richest people to try and like have a fascist overthrow of the US government, and like that that hasn't gone away. Like those are still the richest people in the country. Sure, they're still the most powerful people. It's just they've become more and more powerful, and it's becoming like invisible because they're the ones who are like writing for the fucking Atlantic. So it's just like that becomes a thing that we just accept and get like chided and called morons for thinking is fucking weird, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's that's what a rhetorically powerful way to end that defense of Like, but my friends would know otherwise, and that's why they're my friends, because they are not morons. So that's what's so funny. He's like, you for all this like fucking posturing and bloviating you're doing in this piece, you just end it. You're basically the whole thrust of the pieces. Y'all are just morons because y'all don't know him. Yeah, that's not really a good defense if you're you're actually trying to assuage people's concerns about this fucking guy.
Speaker 17: I feel like the well he is black and Jewish friends is kind of like doing a lot of work because I think once you get to the point of like I, you know, my black friends don't care that I have like Hitler shit sitting around, It's like yeah, because all you any of you want, all of any of your friends want is like the accumulation of.
Speaker 7: Power, like nobody cares.
Speaker 17: And to me, it's like that's like a power play, right that you have like Hitler shit up and it does it doesn't matter, and I'm not trying to hide it. And it's not like, oh, I have this little closet over here behind a bookshelf that I put all my Hitler stuff in because I don't want anybody to see it when I'm throwing my party. Like he has it out because he's like making a statement about the fact that like social norms don't apply to him. And that's why we're being called idiots for going like what what is going on? Like why would you have this shit in like out and public and something that you're proud of. And it's like they really billionaires. You know, they are the law, like legally and socially and all of the other ways. Like whatever they do is fine because no one can touch them.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's just like when you're talking about people who are trying to accumulate power, like they have more in common with each other, yeah, than like they do with any of us or anybody else who's like part of who might otherwise be like part of your like socioeconomic or racial or ethnic group.
Speaker 2: Right, it's like I don't see race, I just see sadistic plutocrats. Right, that's it. That's all we are. We've distilled it all down to our one common thing and that's that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And they have what they drive and work in one of the biggest industries in the United States that is invisible to everybody except them and the people who work for them, which is like the protection of private wealth, you know, like just finding different ways to invest their billions and billions and billions.
Speaker 2: Of jack no unburdening themselves billions of inherited Well, I didn't even want this shit, jack what to.
Speaker 5: Do with it? I love That's how this writer uses his imagination, is sitting around thinking about what he would do to unburden himself.
Speaker 2: Did he see see Harlan Crowe on this like when it got published and he's like, you see that, A when's the next party? You're back? Exactly? I got you, fam, I got you. Could you lift the restraining order? Now that I've written this, I promise I'll stop looking through the gates. I want those canakes. I'm sorry, cannapaste, cannipase, I'm sorry. I'm working on that. I want to be like you, a cultured person.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 17: This also for me really goes back to all the day that shows like the more money you have, the less empathy you have. Yeah, Like they're so disconnected from reality and like other people being people. And I I mean, I assume I don't think that, like Clarence Thomas is rich rich like this Harlan Crowe asshole, but the power thing still fucks with your head and like folks with your ability to empathize. Yeah, and I think that like both of them are just like very clear example of uh yeah, what the data is showing us.
Speaker 16: Right, and they're not a billionaire. His real name is Clarence, right, Clancy. Clancy can't be a billionaire or come on now, But yeah, it is just like, you know, there's a point where you just sort of crossed the rubicon of reality and you're like, sorry, folks, I'm over here now, and actually all you people are actually haters and I'm gonna legislate you the fuck off the planet.
Speaker 2: That's kind of where we're at now. And guess what, all my homies are rich and we can manipulate many things with this money. But yeah, it's easier to just be like just the whole like, what was what's the title of it? It's like he's collecting a Nazi. Does not make him a Nazi or whatever? The fuck?
Speaker 5: Clarence Thomas's billionaire friend is no Nazim.
Speaker 17: You're carrying water for a dude who doesn't know your name. Also, by the way, like yeah, pretty weird.
Speaker 2: You're simping for a billionaire who didn't even want you at his party. Just made me see the gate Hey Harlan me, Oh god, it's that insufferable Graham again. What is he doing? I don't know, but he has silver paint all over his mouth and he keeps reading out of a paper bag.
Speaker 5: By the way, his big article on Richard Spence. Richard Spencer is a troll and an icon for white supremacists. He was also my high school classmate. Is the subhead the titles the New York Times as a person, the title is his COUMP. That's the title of at Noye. Oh my god, it has like it has a black and white photograph of Richard Spencer. That's like kind of I don't know, mate, it's very humanizing, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Wow, good for them, Good for them. Yeah, I mean I guess I'm for the people that are aspiring millionaires and billionaires every the Atlantic. I'm sure this is a nice salve for them. Yeah.
Speaker 7: But I can buy all the Nazis I want.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's gonna tell me that The Atlantic is going to tell everybody else that they're fucking morons if they judge me for it exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh I'm a Nazi. I'll have you read a little piece by Graham Wood in the Atlantic that would say otherwise, and sod be like, what the fuck are you talking about? Huh? Just read it. Oh, my friends know I'm not a Nazi, just in the Nazi stuff, like in a really in a really normal way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it is really like unless there's forceable legislation to reign billionaires in like there has been in the past and stopped being during our lifetime, like for basically the past like thirty years, right, they like because to your point, toy, like that that study of billionaires of that's like the richer you are, the less empathy you have. That's not necessarily because like money makes you less empathetic. It's that people that empathy are better at accumulating money.
Speaker 17: Yeah, the amount of wealth required and like the amount of exploitation required to do that.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, those specific people.
Speaker 5: It's probably like the two things feeding that. Like, I'm sure the money doesn't help once you're already somebody who has then predatory enough to accumulate that much wealth. But what we are just feeding them into the most influential positions in our civilization and like that, it's just going to keep getting worse until something is done about it to brain them in and culture at a cultural level, people start just automatically discounting everything that comes out of their mouths and everything that comes out of the mouths of people who are simping for them.
Speaker 2: Just call them sadistic plutocrats. Let's not call them billionaire. We don't have to sign like how much wealth you're just you're a sadistic plutocrat. And I'm sure another thing that prevents them from like being like am I the baddie is like our culture already deifies these people in the form of the job creator, you know what I mean? And like, so for them, they're like, actually, I'm God, So I'm actually creating jobs. I'm not exploiting labor. I'm creating jobs. And I and I put my head, I rest my head at night on my third Reich sheets and I go to sleep really wonderfully because I know I've created jobs. I'm not I'm not exploiting labor.
Speaker 5: Okay, the needlework, the thread count like it really can't be.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, and I hate to keep harping on this, but this is almost one hundred years old, and the quality is better than anything that you can buy right now. I'm just saying they don't make stuff like they used to.
Speaker 5: Okay, you say you hate to keep harping on it, but it's all you've talked about since we got here.
Speaker 2: Hardy just saying this shit's durable, OKAYU the fucking ninety year old hat man. It looks like looks brand new, looks brand new. The fear re war it Tori good.
Speaker 18: I'm just laughing at the fuer warret and the fear of you're Warren. Here's my air furer worn. These are my air fewer ones that I got sneakers. These aren't even around then. Yeah, I had Phil Knight makeup air custom Oh no, oh no.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it. For this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like. The show means the world to Miles.
Speaker 5: He he needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to him Monday.
Speaker 2: By nothing,