Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg.
Speaker 3: Data, Let's take a look at what's happening with some individual stocks. We do that with Avlon PRONELL Equity is your reporter for of a Bloomberg News atlin. What are you looking at today?
Speaker 1: Well, we have to start with Apple. Let's ticker AAPL currently up five point six percent most intra day since August. That's after the tech company reported second quarter results that were way above expectations practically across the board. It also delivered a pretty surprisingly strong revenue forecast for the third quarter. That's despite warning that memory chips are continuing to increase in cost and that MAC shortages could linger. JP Morgan's writing that Apple cleared the margin hurdle again as product momentum and supply management continues to drive roubust shares gains.
Speaker 4: My favorite stat from the earnings is the fact that Apple's going to buy back up to one hundred billion dollar or its own stock. I mean, the numbers are just they boggle the mind. All right, next up.
Speaker 1: Roadblocks, So definitely not as positive of a story here. It's sinking eighteen percent to hit the lowest in to day level since twenty twenty four. That's after the firm reported daily active users for the first quarter that fell very far below expectations. It also slashed its full year bookings forecast and issued second quarter guidance that fill below expectations. That's all coming after Roadblocks implemented several safety features that are restricting how kids can use the platform. They faced a lot of scrutiny in the past couple of months and years over those child safety issues, and have even reached some settlements. But Jeffries is writing that while expectations were already very low going into the print forecast, miss will continue to fuel the barecase for the stock.
Speaker 3: All Right, I'm going to throw the old guy card on the table. I don't know what redd it is. Can you explain what really god and then tell me about the stock?
Speaker 1: I mean, Reddit is an online forum, so that's ticker RDDT. So basically you can go onto any question that you could ask, what's.
Speaker 4: The being you'd like to read about or you wonder about.
Speaker 3: I'm not a deep guy much.
Speaker 4: I couldn't know everything I need to tell I know, everything says.
Speaker 3: So much bandwidth I have. But it's a okay, So it's a thing, it's a form, it's a it's a stock as well.
Speaker 4: It's a stock.
Speaker 1: It is currently gaining nine point five percent. That's after the firm beat sales expectations again on continued ads growth, and that continues a really long streak of revenue growth for the company. It also issued a sales forecast at outpaced estimates Evercore, writing that Reddit's revenue growth continues to be hard to beat and also worth noting that Bloomberg had a great interview with reddit Coeo that said it it's still an active discussions with Google and open Ai about next steps related to its current licensing agreements. So that's also potentially could.
Speaker 4: Lead to some upside thirty one billion market cap.
Speaker 2: So it's a real it's.
Speaker 4: A real business. I okay, So what do I do with How do you use Reddit? What do you do? During the TSA shutdown or the time that they weren't paying TSA. I would go on ready because I knew I had to take a flight, and they would point out how long the lines were, and they would take pictures of five other Reddit users editors generally non redditors. Yes, soddit app. Yeah, there's a reddit app, and there's all these subreddits, these threads, and any topic you're interested in, I guarantee you someone has written about it extensively and they do.
Speaker 3: See so I believe these people.
Speaker 4: You don't have to, but you can. I mean, do you believe anything you read on social media? True?
Speaker 3: That's why? Yeah, all right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, but I mean some of the people who are posting on there, they're not going to be posting about the lines at JFK with a great detail about their own experience unless they did it themselves. No one, no one is that. How often you interact with reddit on it?
Speaker 1: Well, my siblings are really into Reddit. I don't go on as often, but like sometimes when I'm just looking for restaurants in New York, they have some really good reviews.
Speaker 4: When I was trying to apply for my Taiwan citizenship, I went on Reddit and everyone has all these best practices and like tips on how to do it, and that was really really helpful.
Speaker 3: So it's john just want to share it to for for Google search.
Speaker 4: It's another way to get information. Yeah, it's another crowdsource information. Crowdsourcing, yes, okay, but very narrow topics.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.