Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. Are you ready, It's about to hit the fan. Welcome to unsanctioned Thursdays Hunter Wrestling with Freddy Ladies and gentlemen on behalf of Jeff Jackpot Died. This is Freddie Prinz Junior and welcome to Thursdays on sanctions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the add the extra with l A Night. I like that, dude. They gave us a big raise.
Speaker 1: So I spent a lot of money on some music, some death metal guys that I know, they're hot.
Speaker 2: Hot man jingles are.
Speaker 1: Hum Dude, I got to talk about Ricky Friggin Starks on collision. We don't get now with extra wrestling. We don't have enough time on wrestling with friends to hit everything. But I've been waiting for this guy to kind of find himself for a while. I definitely have seen something Like a lot of people. I wasn't first on him. I wasn't I wasn't last, but I wasn't first on him. But I definitely saw something on the mic where I was like, man, with the right story, this dude do something great. So he was in the Owen Heart Tournament and in the finals he met cmpunk and everyone thought CM punk would win, and instead, in a series of like trading pinfalls, Ricky gets close to the ropes and on one two grabs the rope for extra leverage three and he gets the win, and a bad guy wins the owen Hart Belt and the cut, but it's not an honorable win. And this week he comes in and he gets questioned by Tony Shavani like yeah, but it wasn't the most noble of wins. And he just ignores the question and talks about himself and talks about how great and how absolute he is, and everyone wants to know what's in the bag. I'll tell you what's in the bag. Nothing. I just wanted to show up. My knew Louis Bouton. So it was so selfish and healish. But the crowd was loving it, because the crowd loves Ricky Starks. Like I said, I wasn't the first on this guy. He's got a lot of fans. And then out come seem Punk to challenge what he's saying, so to speak, and the crowd, you guys were right about this. I was way wrong. The crowd was not happy to see see them punk at first. By the time they had their match, a lot of people were cheering for He comes out and he says, hey, I'm not here to criticize you. God knows I've done. I've cheated to win, and everyone here in New Jersey is cheated to win, and the crowd starts yallering and yelling at him. When the segment was just about the two of them, it was perfect. Now they had to bring out some other people as well. They brought out Cage, and they brought out Christian Cage, and they brought out Derby and everyone did fine. But the promo was really about these two guys and they were just using the other madness to start to set up the main event, which was going to be this cool tag team match that they gave him like felt like thirty five minutes to tell the story, which was really awesome. But Ricky starks, this was the best he's ever looked on TV. This is the best promo he's cut on TV. And it wasn't emotional at all. It was egotistical, entitled, arrogant, and he just said it how it is and the crowd really ate it up and they were really hot. And I'm really high on Ricky Starks and I hope you are too.
Speaker 3: Speaking of thirty five minutes long, they gave him thirty five minutes of Pyro so many fireworks.
Speaker 2: The guy had, yeah, yeah, like five minutes. What's going on here?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm cheering and I like him, and it gets up on the thing, I go okay, And there was like ninety minutes of just I was like, Rick Flair doesn't gonna get this much fire, Like this is insane.
Speaker 1: Sure right, you're right, It's like the opening of WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: It was a lot. I was just gonna earn. Yeah, there's supposed to be three other guys here, So.
Speaker 1: That sets up the main event with Christian Cage, Ricky Starks on one team and Darby Allen Seampunk on the other, with Lucasaurus in the corner of the two heels, which led to the main events. So this match started slow and I wasn't loving it, And by the time they came in from the second commercial break, I feel like the more time you give CM punk, the better his matches are. The less time, it's just he needs time to tell a story, and when you give him time, he's one of the best. The crowd was so hot and cold at him, And I don't mean cold as an insult. I mean the people who don't like him really let him know. But the people who supported him got louder throughout, or he changed minds or reminded people who hate him now why they liked him before. Because the punk chance got pretty damn big, and the match was really cool, and Ricky Starks came out in these blue and gold trunks and knee pads and looked like a friggin superstar, and punk really helped him look good out there. He gets the win with another shady rope grab right at the end on Darby, and I love this new thing for him, right because now the refs are going to start looking, and so he's gonna have to find someone another way to cheat, and then a different way to cheat. And it's not like Eddie Guerrero thing. It's in a more selfish way. Eddie's had a wink and a smile. There's no wink and smile with Ricky Starks. But I'm really liking him. I really liked the match. What did you think of it?
Speaker 3: Do you notice that Lucasaurus is kind of doing a Road Warriors kind of he has the mad Max.
Speaker 2: He kind of like one shoulder pad. I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: He looked so cool and so badass, and he's so big that I'm back on the Lucasaurus train.
Speaker 2: I heard that he was a terrible guy and a bad worker, but he just takes it, just looks cool and big, and I'm back and it is so awesome.
Speaker 3: I thought the match was great. I mean, you couldn't every every part of it to finish everything. There's no botches, there was no weird stuff it was. It was just perfect.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of everyone that was in the match, and I actually am.
Speaker 3: I'm not crazy about Christian, like I've never been a big Christian guy. But he looked good and handled himself. He could have wore different clothes. The playing black shirt. Yeah, it looked like he didn't know he's gonna have a wrestling match. He's like, all right, do you have anything I can I.
Speaker 1: Swear your merch man, Let me see your merch so I can support you and buy a T shirt. And I can never cut it and make it look cool the way the way they do they cut their shirts. Do you know how to cut T shirts?
Speaker 3: I used to do this thing that the nWo do where it's like you just cut the sides of the shirt with the with the sleeves and then you could it's just like a big cape that you wear over like a poncho, you know, but then down time.
Speaker 1: But I'm oh, that's not you can't wear I wore once to the gym and they're like, that's kind of a bro douche shirts, Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: This is howle Cogan wears.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I have a Cobra Kai shirt like that, And now you're saying that's my favorite like workout shirt. And are you saying people think I'm a douche.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's what something chick told me, and I said, this is this is how the nWo wears it. What are you talking? I cut the sides off and they go, no, that's nice.
Speaker 1: I'm so bomm Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's full of crap, Maybe she's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still gonna wear.
Speaker 3: Although Christian had like a little turtleneck on his his like this this merch are not merch?
Speaker 2: This this crap that he wore was terrible.
Speaker 1: It was not good. Let's go back from collision because I know there was one thing you wanted to mention about Miss Shatzi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, black Heart shots.
Speaker 3: He's getting pot more and more popular, a thing that she did on one of the segmences.
Speaker 2: She wanted to make it seem like she was losing her mind, and.
Speaker 3: Because Bailey cut her hair off to like bully her, is what they're trying to make it seem like Eosky and Bailey are bullying her and taunting her. They cut like one of her hair extensions off and they're playing like she's even Bailey was even playing it like a little guitar. She's taunting Shatzi and then shots, He's like, you think I care about my hair? And then she like buzzes her hair off. The real story is that her sister has cancer and so she did this for her sister, which the Wrestling with Friends podcasts first thing with Freddy sends our thoughts, that's that's a cool thing that you shave your head for your sister. It reminded me when I was with Becky. They didn't like know what to do with her, and there was a writer that pitched like, what if we have you just shave your head and act like you're having like a breakdown and Becky was like no, and it was even gonna like move forward. They were like no, we think that's a cool idea. Like this writer pitched like she would have to shave your head. I'm not gonna shave my head. What are you talking about? And so never because Becky like stood aground and was like I'm not doing that. They never did it, which made me wonder if, like maybe shots he was like, I'm gonna shave my head for this thing. And then that same writer was like, my story's gonna get picked. Wait, but I have a thing to this. I have a thing for this, And you know it's funny. Is like I remember me and Becky talking about how stupid of an idea that is. It's like why would why would what would it change about you that you shaved your hair? Like how how that would be a story that anyone get on board? But it appears to be working with Shatzi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to sell it as like a cathartic experience, like a metamorphosis, right, Like Gi Jane did it really well with Demi Moore when she was like trying to be a navy seal. Her character is just getting murked on every day. She realizes she's going to have to work ten times harder than she's ever worked before. And as she starts to develop and grow and starts to actually accomplish some of the goals she's after she shaves her head and has this like cathartic experience of like, I'm going to be one of the men and do this, and I'm going to look like them and perform like them and act like them, and I'm going to be tough like like, she just becomes Vigo Mortensen basically yeah, and ends up saving him in the movie Haha, wrecked it. But yeah, So I think that's what they're going for. But Shatzi to echo what Jeff said, send you and your family love, and nobody.
Speaker 4: Should have to go through that. We're sorry that you guys are well. Big congratulations to that writer. Big congratulations to that writer. Finally got his girl shaving her head story off the ground, so good good.
Speaker 2: Work on his part.
Speaker 1: Congratulation Mike Johnson or whatever your name is. Tuned in every Wednesday and Thursday for Wrestling with Friends and unsanctioned Thursdays on behalf of Jeff Jackpot died. This is Freddie Prinz Junior, and This is Wrestling with Friends, Wrestling with Preddiye on sanctioned Thursday's edition Pearce.
Speaker 2: We Love You.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.