Speaker 1: The volume. Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 2: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still? Oh, okay, time to take my financial envisor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees, Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details.
Speaker 1: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 2: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund.
Speaker 1: Ojo.
Speaker 2: There's another debate going on Twitter. Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?
Speaker 1: Ojo? Are your team before or after? Up? After both? At the hell? You eat them? You know, slept all night? Mouthfuck?
Speaker 4: Get the food man, hell no, hold on, So you go wait a minute, you had that minthy taste, that minty tastes in your mouth, and then you go eat the food, and the food don't taste nothing like it. It because you got all the goddamn cressing listening and too absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I brush my teeth before then I go back. Then after I eat, I go back upstairs.
Speaker 1: Brush them again.
Speaker 2: I eat before I go to work out. I brush my teeth again. I come home, I eat, brush my teeth again. I lay down, take a nap, brush my teeth again.
Speaker 1: Hey, it ruins. It rules the taste of everything.
Speaker 2: Nah hell nah man mouth man my mouth before you've been sleeping all night and then you go, oh.
Speaker 1: No, mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I can't do that oto, you know, I mean with teach his own. But once I'm finished, I'm in that thing, going to work on them boys.
Speaker 2: And last night you don't you don't know, you know, he booty? Oh oh, hey, No I don't. I'm saved now them days over.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't know, no, no, but them days. I don't do nothing like that, No more, boy, nothing like that you do. No, No, I'm probably. I don't even go I don't even go past the waist no more. M h I don't even go past it. I don't go past got your tongue. You put your tongue in the bellet button too, don't you. Huh? You put your tongue on the belley button too, Got all that lend in there? Yeah, I used to, I used to. You used to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, them them days long gone on. Man, I'm telling you I'm a different I'm a different I'm a different man. I got saved. I told you, I told you. I got to say I got saved. I got I got baptized because the last one was wearing off. And I'm I'm I'm I'm moving different this year. I'm walking different this year. My head is hot this year.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You wake up, oh yo, everybody wake up in the morning. Breastmet like, get back. You will go downstairs to eat?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going to get I'm going. I'm going downstairs. I'm making my strawberry pop tarts. I'm gonna make my my creamer week or my quick.
Speaker 2: I'm not even talking to nobody before I brush my teeth.
Speaker 1: I'm not even having a conversation. And you know what, you know what?
Speaker 4: So if you you if you have if you have a partner, right, let me ask you something.
Speaker 1: If you have a partner and y'all wake up in the morning, would you kissing before brushing your teeth? No? And you don't love her? I love her? No, you don't. I don't love it.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you I had a situation. Man, this I was a dating this woman.
Speaker 4: Talk to me hold on, hold on, let me get comfortable. Come on, cause you you be having the stories. Come on and you don't you know you boy? Hey, oh Joe, you know your boy? Hey two shred them morn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know she you know she touched with chance, she took, Oh Joe, I would have to go run and brush my teeth.
Speaker 1: What, Oh, you can't. You can't mess up the momentum. What did we talk about?
Speaker 2: That's what she told me, Oh Joe, good habit, O Joe. I had some I had to break some habits, O Joe. I had to.
Speaker 4: Wait in that, in that moment, in that specific moment, during that time. Yeah, you had to go brush your teeth.
Speaker 1: M h and ruin the momentum for I don't know what her.
Speaker 2: Hein't ruined for me. I'm good. I came back and pick right over well left off. He't ruined up for me.
Speaker 4: I ain't got thing, man, listen, manin' I ain't gonna nah you you're you know, you're knowing, you know when you got the right one.
Speaker 1: But but you don't when you're gonna have to do.
Speaker 2: All that, you know, I asked, you know, cause my whole boys, I y'all know, I'm just a real I'm real like self conscious like that, right, but you know it's I ain't brushing my teeth. Ain't nobody it's hey.
Speaker 4: Uh that don't that don't man, that's I'm telling you. If it's the right one, all that don't even matter. That's out the window, that's out the door. You're not even you're not even subconsciously, you're not even thinking about you know what. I didn't brush my teeth at this, you know what. I love you let me kiss her.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about tongue and I'm about it, just just actual hey, he but did I got sleep? Then? I got slipped? What you did?
Speaker 2: What your bathroom brush? The tea down for about thirty minutes? Okay, okay, I like it. That's different.
Speaker 1: I could. I couldn't do it though.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 1: You couldn't do it. O yoe, No oh, just say when the moon hit and.
Speaker 4: That's it, right right then and there, right then and there, no if and no if, and what's about it?
Speaker 1: Right then and there?
Speaker 4: Wherever you touch me, like my grandma used to say, wherever you show out, that's when you get woe out.
Speaker 1: Wherever you touch me, whatever, right right then and there, Okay, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Packer Safety Xavier McKinnie started this course today when he tweeted, Nepotism is always okay and justified unless it's a black man doing it, then is a problem. You mofos are corrupt and brainwashed all and for all you black folks in the media.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 2: We can't say that word, o Joe. But it's co O n I n G because Bill Bill Flaggers. So see that's a that's a racial slur. Now, so I've had to learn the hard way, right right right, But y'all know it's the trash fandom, he said, y'all stop trash fandly uh and being puppets. You ain't tired yet, damn, Oh Joe, you agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, we talked about this before, We talked about you before.
Speaker 1: It's always it's always a problem. It's always a problem.
Speaker 4: When we when we do it, when we put when we put those that are that are part of our family treating positions and we're in the position of power and we allow.
Speaker 1: Them to uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean it happens all the time. It happens all the time with our our brethren. May anytime we do it. It's always an issue and brought to the forefront on why we do it because when we put on the coaching staff Bill Belichick put on the coaching staff.
Speaker 1: But there's no problem. This has been going on for a very long time.
Speaker 4: It happens all the time, not in just sports, but in the corporate world as well, and as well, it happens all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, but we're the only one that we're not supposed to do it. Oh yeah, yah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's frowned upun it's frowned upun it is it is. And we listen, we just called the spade a spade.
Speaker 1: A lot of times. We be doing it though they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't really talk about no nepotism, like, hey, I'll get a position.
Speaker 1: I'm a.
Speaker 2: And we see it all the time, people getting positioned. They hire their homeboys all the time.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: Qualifications don't matter. But we understand, Ojoe, we're just not allowed that liberty. We don't get that freedom. We ain't. We can't be putting no homeboys in there. Ain't qualified. Now my homeboys qualified. We can do it in that Oh the qualifications.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, Hey, you gotta be careful.
Speaker 4: You can't just hire your homeboy now and they, you know, homeboy, get comfortable, think they can get away with doing a certain thing.
Speaker 1: Not absolute absolutely because you're cool now. It ain't about being cool now. I gotta I gotta finish then, whatever it may be, we still we still got work to do. Nothing.
Speaker 2: Man, the Washington Wizards need their butt Kickanda scored one hundred and sixty two points.
Speaker 1: In real life or video game against against the Wizards. That's embarrassing. One hundred and sixty two.
Speaker 2: Now, there was once upon a time in the eighties, Oh shoe, it was customary.
Speaker 1: One you see one fifty what forty games?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the NBA record somebody scored I think one eighty three to one eighty one.
Speaker 1: Was the final in triple overtime.
Speaker 4: But uh, this was This was a real game. And we're not talking about the All Star break. No, we're not talking about the All Star game.
Speaker 1: A real game. You let somebody score one hundred, one hundred and sixty two, one sixty two to one on nine. I bet they must have shot they must have shot three is the whole game. No, Washington was up with the whole game.
Speaker 2: Let's see the Wizard Route for the most points in the NBA franchise history of the most allowed.
Speaker 1: They had nine players in double figures.
Speaker 2: The Pacers did let's see pull up the box score right quick so we can get this, oh jo.
Speaker 1: And they did this on the road. They weren't even at home.
Speaker 2: Ah, And no player played more than twenty five minutes. Nat Caliberton had twenty nine and twenty five minutes, Miles Turner have seventeen and twenty one minutes, Nie Smith had eleven to nineteen. Siakam had thirteen and twenty three. And then you just guys just went to work. That's crazy. That's embarrassing. Somebody, somebody here. They shot sixty four percent from the floor, fifty seven percent from the three. They were twenty seven or forty seven, seventeen or nineteen from the floor, I mean from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: But yeah, mckinny's right, Yeah, Jordan, that uh.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wish my kids wanted to do something in here that I could, like, look, you start, you know, you ain't got to, you ain't got to you know, sitd in the resume in because you know the CEO.
Speaker 1: Tell them who your who, your reference, the CEO. Hey, listen when you when your kids come in, are they gonna want to do the work. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I understanding how serious you are about clubs, about nightcap.
Speaker 1: They don't understand. Hey, this train gotta keep rolling that mm hmm yeah, yeah, I think you got you gotta be weary. You gotta be weary sometimes your kids. But I mean, look, they don't they don't walk back. I'm tough.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm probably tough for all my kids that I would be somebody else. And then everybody knows that that works with me. They know the expectation that I have. Gosh, what what did Cale say? I don't want to work from daddy? He yelled too much? Oh I am Oh you absolutely yeah. I ain't make no mistake. I'm tough on everybody. Hell if I'm tough on my damnself, why I'm so what, I'm gonna be easy on everybody else? I shall be easier on myself.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, we got special guest the director Black Panther, the director of Creed. He's a recipient of four na A CP Image Awards. He's been nominated for two Academy Awards, a Golden Globe, and the Grammy. He's the director, as I mentioned, Black Panther and Creed. He has a new movie that's coming out in April.
Speaker 1: Call here. He is Ryan Coogler.
Speaker 3: Ryan.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Bro? I'm happy to do with y'all.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that you're with us now. I'm feeling good, bro.
Speaker 6: Like big fans heard coming up, I used to play ice to play football. Not as well as y'all, but but big big fans yard there and then and then watching y'all transition. Man, it's been it's been beautiful, bro, Like it's it always warn't my heart.
Speaker 1: When I see uh, when I see athletes prolonging that career. You know what I'm saying? What let you do this? Right?
Speaker 2: Okay? You wanted you like you played football? Did you have professional or collegiate aspirations?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Bro. I used to I used to play with more Sean Yeah yeah, yeah. We're from the We're from the same neighborhood.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 6: So you know I played him and played against him and Uh in pop Winner high school and college.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I played at Sacramento State so so so so so Bro. We both played for the same coach Man. You remember coach Steven Mushagy.
Speaker 1: Hey, coach Moose.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, coach mos got me want scholarship back that soccerment state. Oh yeah, look at that's me scoring a touchdown on Daglish right there on you see Davis, that's live.
Speaker 1: I was. I played slot. Well talk to them, not not like y'all, bro, But I played for school. You know what I'm saying. I played you feel me there? Yeah? Hog yeah man coach Coach Loose is good man coach. So let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you go to college and you have a nice little college career, But did you decide to say, you know what film is going to be the direction of that?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? Yeah, brought a great question.
Speaker 6: So I'm I got my first scholarship to a school called Saint Mary's College.
Speaker 1: It's known as a basketball school.
Speaker 6: We had we used to have a football team, and then they dropped the program after my freshman year. Okay, I played. I played quite a bit that season. Like I was returning, I was returning kicks, you know, I was always playing.
Speaker 1: I was playing.
Speaker 6: She played atver the dB that year, and uh so I got some some more scholarship offers.
Speaker 1: But while I was there, it was a woman named Rosemary.
Speaker 6: Graham who taught a creative writing class and she read something I wrote and she was like, hey, may think about writing screenplays. You know my girlfriend at the time she now my wife. She brought me a little software. Uh do I can write screenplays? When I fell in love with it. Man, So so by the time I transitioned to Sacramento State, I was doing it on the side, taking taking working classes and and and shooting shooting short films with my hommies, you know. And then I applied to film school in two thousand and seven. It's crazy broke because we was in I was doing real well going into my senior year and I got an injury doing seven on seven. We're walking on like Cale was trying to walk on. The team was over eager and he uh he caught me on a post and broke my zygomatic arts right here. So it was it was I was eight weeks off where I couldn't lift, I couldn't do anything, and and and and during that time I realized like I need to I need to put this application in for film school.
Speaker 1: Man. Football is is is fleeting, you know what I'm saying. So, So I applied to USC Film School and I got accepted.
Speaker 6: I found that I got accepted in the middle of the season, and and and right around that time, Man, I started to find myself my mind wondering when I'll be on the field. I'm thinking about I'm thinking about a movie I want to make. I'm thinking about being on set. You know that shit is dangerous. When you're doing that, to be football, you'll be all in. And I was calling on knew you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Right, That's that's dope, man, I want to talk. Listen. I'm a movie head. I enjoy films.
Speaker 4: I enjoy the arts and the crafts of it. I enjoy getting lost in character. I get very passionate when I when I talk about stuff like this. So I watched the trailer for Centers, and to me, it seemed like a unique blend of of supernatural action, you know, mystery and psychological theory. How did you approach this genre and in benning concept? And what was about this story that made you want to tell it?
Speaker 1: Man, that's a beautiful question. Man.
Speaker 6: So I had an uncle who was from Mississippi, not from but I had an uncle was from Mississippi, and he was like the oldest member of my family, all this male member of my family, you know what I'm saying. So whenever I kicked it with him, he want to listen to all Bulls records and drink Kaer whiskey, you know what I'm saying. And he passed away while I was working on Creed in twenty fifteen. I never really really wrecking with with with his passion, you know what I'm saying. I would I would put blues records on to think about him. And that was how I got the idea for this man like like like you know, coming off of coming off of Black Panther, it was a real long movie that that will kind of everyone. We dealt a lot of tragedies, a lot of a lot of misfortunate with.
Speaker 1: The COVID UHH situation.
Speaker 6: So for me, I wanted to make something I was quick, but also something I was that was very much, very unique, very profound, you know what I'm saying, Like like and and I wanted to to to play in the genre rock and incorporate music, but I also wanted to make something I was a little bit that was a little scary man because you know, black folks you like that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: We like here and talking at the screen.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, I think something that exactly exactly you know, I think I think we have some incredible filmmakers that have capitalized on the medium, you know what I'm saying, Like you know, think thinking Jordan's ord p Yeah, yeah, yeah, but Spice, Spice do this thing and that and that in that genre near the constans thing in that genre.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: So I was fired up about it, bro, And you know, truthfully, bro, like it was a chance for me being a probably got a Greg migration, you know what I'm saying, to be from being born and raised on the West Coast, get back to the South and and and em break that, you know what I'm saying, and break that part of my.
Speaker 1: Ancestry, you know what I mean? Like, like I have to, I had the most amazing time making this movie.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: How long? How long? I'm just curious how long does it take to make make a movie? In general?
Speaker 4: I'm not I don't mean this one in and specifically, but I mean just saying in general, well, what's the timetable?
Speaker 1: Like that's a great question.
Speaker 6: So so this one we made relatively quickly, but but they go from it can go from anywhere.
Speaker 1: From two to four years. You know. That's when he was able to make in one year. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's essentially, bro, It's essentially like imagine imagine a season season and a half football, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: To take you six months to shoot, six months to a year to shoot it, and.
Speaker 2: Then you have to edit it. It takes you another six months to a year to edit it, Korean man.
Speaker 6: And that's not including writing the script because I write the script too, right, Okay, sometimes you gotta shot the movie around, you know what I'm saying, right, you know, Uh, someone I can tell you how long my movies all took. So it's my fifth movie I wrote and directed.
Speaker 4: Okay, Trouville it ta classic classic.
Speaker 6: Man, that's crazy, I said that, man, But it took me. It took me about a year to make that one. Okay, you know, Uh, Creed we shot that we start so cree we our crew was about a year and a half, you know, like like and a half of that year was just trying to convince the loan that that that it was worth doing.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, and rightfully sold you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: He was he was he wanted to make sure that we was we were serious about it and make sure that it would work for him, And and then was shot in January. We put the film on like November. I was a fast one. Black Panther took about two years. Started working on in twenty sixteen, twenty eighteen. Connor Fever was like, was like a four year more, you know what, because I wrote, I wrote one script, you know what I'm saying. Chadwick passed away. I know, you know, didn't even know you were sick, so they have to rewrite that. You know, we got going, the pandemic slowed down quite a bit, and then you know, my uh my lovely actress got injured, so we have to shut down for a little bit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And we put that on all so I wanted to make something fash after that.
Speaker 6: After that, you know, four years on one movie, you feel me, uh but I was blessed man to be able to make something that, Uh, I'm so proud of man like super you know.
Speaker 1: Really probably I can't wait to show us, y'all. I think y'all gonna dig you. Man, Listen, I.
Speaker 4: Know I'm gonna dig it when you watch the trailer for me, when it comes to anything that you do with you an athlete, you have to be a special athlete that puts busts in the seats. When you're a comedian, you have to be a comedian that has stage present. They always keep the crook of the crowd and gaze. When I watched the trailer, and it catches you when it catches you right away. I don't know who did the end, and I don't know who did the trailer, but I'm telling you right away, it catches you, and it can when it holds you.
Speaker 1: And then it's like it's an advertiser.
Speaker 4: But it ain't enough. It ain't enough because I want to I want to see what's next. So now I can't wait to see it. And it's just I'm very passionate, enthusiastic when it comes to movies. Bro, I've been a fan of yours for a long time. All your work, everything you've done. That's why I can't shut up right now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 6: So, I'm gonna tell you something crazy for real, Bro, I'm gonna tell you something crazy. We met before, Bro, for real. We met at the at the at the Tribeca Field Festival. It was the first film festival I ever got there to Spike in the movie called Kobe doing Work in ESPN had the world premiere every Bro and and I and I and I saw you in there and I went over there and shook your hand. Bro. You know what I'm saying, just just just on the strength, you know, just being a fan of what you do on the football field, right, was also studing in the game, Bro. You know what I'm saying, Like, whatch what y'all was doing?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 6: Over there, sincenati? Man, when it was when it when it was when it was when it was you and the.
Speaker 1: TJ and the ways.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Hey, like like like like just just just just the the precision that are running and bred a confidence, you know.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Both of y'all had that. Both y'all had the mental game too. Bro. I remember I remember Shannon, Bro it used to be miked up.
Speaker 2: Study your movies. A lot of your movies. You got Michael B. Jordan, Now Michael B. Jordaning this role. He plays a dual role. He's stacking it because I was like, I was a hello, Bip didn't look like this. This looked like Michael B. Jordan playing both of these both funk. Come on, I had to rewire it look even close? I said, it is. Yeah, what is it about Mike that you love casting him in your movies?
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, he was in Proffail, he was in pro Fail too.
Speaker 6: In all of them, yeah, even and all of them looks bro like, like what should find? It's chemistry, man, you know what I'm saying. It's a it's a head coach and the quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's a quarterback receiver.
Speaker 6: You know, like like you get it, you develop a shorthand where where you saved Tom. You know what I'm saying, you established a tone for the for the rest of the crew, and we're not the first one is to do it.
Speaker 1: Man. Usually when you see when you see filmmakers work, they had didn't sail.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, man, I mean big time spiking this Tony Scott and Denzil yep. You know Square had had a thing with with the Nero and then you rekindled it with all exactly you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's it's hopeful man.
Speaker 6: And and and Mike has a you know, Mike, Mike has a uh has a very amazing work ethic, you know what I'm saying. Like he's always willing to go, always trying to push himself. He doesn't want to rest on his laurels.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 6: I and I and I and I can rock with that, bro. So so you know I put him in. I'll put him in every movie. If I can't always he always have a uh, he always have a role if I'm if I'm working, you know what I mean. Let me ask you this, right, how did you how did you come up with the name Sinners? Why the name Sinners? That's a great question, bro. We we found that late man. Like for a long time the movie was just called Grilled Cheese. It was a working working title.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like like, so if you put up.
Speaker 6: In Louis Louisiana, you know this past summer and said, man, we're girl, she's shooting, that would brought you.
Speaker 1: That have brought you to our movie, you know.
Speaker 6: And and and the story behind that name was I've been cooking these long these long drawing all crazy meals. I wanted to make something quick and fast. I knew what good you know what I'm saying. So that's how he came up with that. But for for Sinners, you know, there was a collaboration between us and the studio trying to figure out the right name for the movie. And and we realized that that that that line, you know that that word was said so many times throughout the script. You know that it deals with blues music and this relationship with the church. You know, like a lot of times that the best blues singers will come from gospel, you know what I'm saying. You know, learning that, you know a lot of times that Daddy's was pastors, you know what I mean. And and they and they singing, they singing music about drinking and bumping and grinding, and it's in conflict with how they was raised, you know, you know what I'm saying. So that so that dynamic was one that we were really that we were really uh you know, once we realized that that like like it was like a man, I was always the name. It should always been called that, you know.
Speaker 1: But this movie, but the.
Speaker 2: Trust no one, because this movie has a lot to do with paranoia.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, absolutely, bro, Like I mean, look, it's it's you know, it's dealing with it's dealing with black culture, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying, And and and and.
Speaker 6: A lot of folks don't know that like that that you know, I would argue that blues music is the most important contribution that America has made to the global pop culture. You know what I'm saying, originated Everything comes from that, and you do it when you do the research, it really came from this one specific area of Mississippi, you know what I mean, Like like like and and and at that time when when blues was created, it was very hard.
Speaker 1: It was a very hard place to be black, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And yeah, and people were trying to people were trying to affirm that humanity, affirm that dignity at a time.
Speaker 1: When when when when it was you know when it was when.
Speaker 6: It was very difficult, and people were trying to keep them separate, right, you know what I mean? And for me, that experience kind of breinges a level of paranoia, you know what I mean, When you can't when you can't be all after after the dark and shortain towns, you gotta you.
Speaker 1: Know, you where, you know, where everybody knows everybody.
Speaker 6: When somebody new shows up, you know what I'm saying, somebody who's been gone a long time, you know, it's a little it's a little bit uh uh. You know, you might look out them a certain way, you know. I mean, how did y'all come up? Many y'all come from places where everybody knew everybody. You can to tell all, sorry the job back. I'm from a small town they were.
Speaker 2: There were thirty five hundred people with two traffic lights, so I mean we pretty much we pretty.
Speaker 1: Much knew everybody.
Speaker 2: And now obviously there were people that were would come back from New York as Chicago and Detroit that I wasn't familiar with, but I knew their family and after a while they ended up staying, so we were cool.
Speaker 1: We were cool with them.
Speaker 2: Also, you said something very interesting, because everybody talks about the Mississippi Delta.
Speaker 1: The Delta Blues.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, this film, this film deals with a lot of brotherhood, Lordy Fate.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir. You you did a great.
Speaker 2: Job of working and and and and putting all that together, and it came together from the trailer for what I saw, I'm gonna go. I haven't been to the movie. I hadn't been to the movie since the pandemic. I'm gonna go check this one out, all right, Cara, to see how you tied this thing all together. Now, I saw the two minute trailer, but I will see you tie this thing together for ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean we I'm proud of it, man.
Speaker 6: And like, look, another reason I think he's gonna he gonna diggy man, is your relationship with y'all brother sterling bro. You know what I'm saying, Like whenever I hear y'all, whenever I hear y'all talk, I gotta imagine in y'all neighborhood, y'all was knowing, you know what I mean, Like like you know, like in that so these twins, you know, it's backett smoke, Yeah, smoking stick. It's an archetype right like every never always already been there and had a set of twins that everybody knew that was kind of notorious, you know.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, and we were playing on.
Speaker 6: That that you know that that that relationship between the brothers, Man, what makes them similar?
Speaker 1: What makes them different. You know, I think Mike just did a beautiful job with him.
Speaker 6: Man, I think you really gonna enjoy anybody who who got that type of relationship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I think brother got a little brother. You're gonna really feel this movie. I think on a different level.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: I got I got one more question, man, after creating something like this, something that's so bowld, so different, and you know, you're pushing boundaries, you know, with with with most of your work and your your craft. And and again I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna harp on it because I've never had a chance to actually tell you.
Speaker 1: Now I do.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make sure I let you know. I'm a huge fan of everything you've done. And I'm really I'm really really excited for this. But do you see yourself continue to push boundaries with more genre films or or or just I don't want to be too nosy, but what's next? We got another Creed coming? If we if we got another Creed coming, I want to shoot my shot real quick.
Speaker 1: We did? I just like to find a boss? Yeah we got we got we got another Creed coming, for sure?
Speaker 6: Oh, let me let me hear gonna direct that so so yeah, like you know absolutely, bro, Like I think, I think, uh, we love it, make something happen for you. And but the other, the other piece for me is like, you know, I want to work a long time, Bro, I'm gonna, I wanna, I wanna. I want to make all types of stuff, man, And I do love working in the genre space. This is my first This is my first like movie with all no horror elements, and I tell you it's very addictive, you know what I'm saying. Like the idea, the idea of doing something else that that that that isn't a much fun. It kind of frightens me a little bit, man, Like you know so so, but we'll see, Man, we'll put this out to the world and it's got people responding and then we'll go from there. But I'm definitely I'm definitely not closing the door on doing more genre work. Sure, man, it was it was just it was just too much fun with you for real.
Speaker 2: Right, Like Yeah, you know what, Ryan, when I look at it and I think about, like you did Fruit Veil, You've done a Creed, You've done Black Panther. Now you're in this genre, it's kind of like Spike, because Spike has kind of been all over the place, done Malcolm X.
Speaker 1: He's done Hurricane, he did Devil in Blue Dress.
Speaker 2: He's doing the Harlem Blues, he's done Inside Man, he's done I think man On, I think he did man On. No, that was he did twenty fifth dollars twenty fifth dous. Yeah, so he's kind of it if that kind of the degree like look, I don't want hold me in there and saying, oh, he only does it if this a comedy, this is right. If it's something to do with Marvel or black Man, that it's gotta be right. You want to be like multi faceted. You don't want to be tied down or pigeonholed or tight calf for any particular type of movie.
Speaker 6: Right, that's absolutely correct, man, Spike. Spike is a big, big hero of mine. Man a mentor, you know, same with same with John Singleton. You know what I'm saying, big big hero mentor and then stepping offside of our art, you know, our community a love of something. It is like Steven Soderbergh, you know what I'm saying, where you never know, you never know what they're gonna do next, right, but you but you gotta, you gotta, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be quality, you know. You know what I'm saying, like like like if, and.
Speaker 6: I do definitely want to continue to push myself but also push the medium for man, you know what I'm saying, like it's it's it's a blessing to be able to to to work in a space where you get to work on things out of fresh work on things that haven't been done before, you know, Fancis with this film, you know, this is the first time that the Imax camera has been combined with a with an ultra pane vision. So it's the same it's the same camera work, same camera package. I was using on Quentin Tarantino's film A Hateful Eight.
Speaker 1: That was great. Yeah, yeah, so you combined that good with the traditional Imax film camera first time ever, you know what I'm saying, So so so getting getting a chance to break new ground and do that with with you know, with people of color on the screen, you know what I mean, and the story setting the Mississippi does it. But it said, it's a great honor to be able to do something like that, you know, you know, what I mean, and if it helps me to be motivated to stay sharp. You know, I'm getting to work with people who I've been working with for a long time, and it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: That I don't want I don't want to be too presumptuous of this, but I saw something and it seemed like, uh, I forget the two brothers, but it's two brothers, oh Joe, uh and one of them might be cast. I would to throw my head in for you. Don't want to throw my head in?
Speaker 1: I just what's it doing. I would have throw my hand to hey, man, get it in there. Hey, hey, we can talk about it.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you going? How you gonna take my stillo? Can I get my roll first and free? Okay? Oh you okay? You want to be one of the fighters that Creed fight. Yeah, okay, okay, okay, d of thing.
Speaker 4: I got an extensive background in combat sports, so it would be perfect to be able to transition.
Speaker 1: So I ain't really got to play no character. I could just be myself. Hey, popping that things? Oh Joe? I found Yeah, all this hard, all this hard, all this hard?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, hey, they had him, they had him already in the uniform, and I'm like, okay, yeah, he definitely could.
Speaker 1: He could definitely pass for the Jalla. Yeah he could. Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: All this shots off the Autist man incredible. You know he may watch his too, bro does it but straight up knows how to make washes.
Speaker 1: Bro. Wow, like a like a like a like a gins bro. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Right Well, you were you were you as a kid, Were you in the comics? Were you a superhero fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Big time. I had an older cousin. You know, I'm the orders of three boys, so I had no big brothers. I always been looking for him, you know what I'm saying. I had an older cousin who was who was who was seven years older than me, who was a big head, And I got into him just because he I thought he was cool, you feel me?
Speaker 1: So I so I was when I started reading him, But I did. I did always read.
Speaker 6: Him like I took a break from a little bit when I when I got serious about sports. Right, we were still watched the cartoons with you, but it was you know, it was it was all school in ball for like you know, from I always say from like from like age grad like ninth grade maybe to uh to to my senior year at college and I went back to film school.
Speaker 1: I got back into him, you know what I mean? Do you collect him?
Speaker 6: That's a great question, bro, I honestly I do. I do, man like not but not but not actively bro like Like what happens now is it's like I'll go to comic Con for work and I and I'll go. They got they got they got basically a floor you know, can where you can go, where you can go buy anything. Yeah, I gotta go in there and hit the floor and copy one or something, you know what I mean. But it's been a while since I've been in the comic book story. Man, I'm not I'm not gonna hold you give me your top five superheroes.
Speaker 1: O ship all right? All right, I'm gonna go fast. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna over think you. We'll go.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go to I'm gonna go to Charlad number one, Okay, and then I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go woorry Okay. Who copleut villains in it? You can't? Yeah? I got, I got, I got Magneil number three? Who Magneto? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I got, I got, I got Magneil number three, I got all Right, I'm gonna I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go deep cut. We'll go deep cut rush arts from from Watch Me, okay, r Shark Rush Shark watch.
Speaker 1: Me, and then and then I'm gonna I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go rogue Okay.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, yeah, ruggas guys bro like like the the the uh you know, you know, you know, you know, take our glove off, touch touch, you take your powers knock y'all.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's yeah, that's pretty that's pretty shyy.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you really didn't go with a lot of the old like like Superman, Batman, Batman ain't no superhero Batman.
Speaker 1: They got he can't do it without that.
Speaker 6: Bill bro bro ba Batman Batman and Batman was a dog for me, o bro Like like the fact that I'm saying this when I was saying Batman is crazy because because that was that was that was man. I was that was the one for us because they had that, they had to they had the animated series. Yeah, and we used to main line and I had a homie for freds Noo who played dB incredible defensive back.
Speaker 1: Here here a coach. Now man, me and him are during fall camp.
Speaker 6: Bro We we went high for the on the on the d v D pack and during them as were we were ride back to his girl house in Washington and watch the movie. Know that is bro should make a should make a little, should make a little food for us. Bro We on the college, broa taking it, taking it back to eighth grade with you.
Speaker 1: You know, that's live, that's live, So Black Panther three. How long we gotta wait? Not long? You're not long.
Speaker 2: I mean there's been a lot of rumor circulating that, uh, Denzel gonna be in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, that's what That's what the word was. Free.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Well I've been dying to work with dnjel Man, and I'm hoping we can make that happen. But but but I got I got every intention on working.
Speaker 1: With him in that movie. And he as.
Speaker 6: Long as as long as as long as he interesting, man, it's gonna happen. But but but you know he he he a living legend man and and a great and a great mentor for so many of us, you know, like like he just he just he's all about he's all about looking out for us now, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And you know it wasn't example bro for how to live.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: He got his family run him, you know, his children like everybody running. It's been with Paul Letter for forty plus years. She's Jean David. John David used to train with me in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I had retired, but he was down at Morehouse and the trainer that trained me bringing to the track, we you know, you know, tell him how to do certain things. I've known that family for twenty that was in retire so like twenty plus years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So and Denzel is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his wife Pauletta John David Man, they're they're unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Or see.
Speaker 4: I just I just seen Denzel. I wasn't able to actually they were. I was able to let him know I was there, but he wasn't taking no visitors. It didn't matter, it didn't matter who you were. I was able to see him. Last week in New York, I went to see Othello. Yeah, yeah, hell he don't play with you on Broadway? Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah when he on Broadway in a different song.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how was a player. Oh man, beautiful, beautiful. Listen. I I took drama. I took drama, uh in high school.
Speaker 4: So that's why I still have a love for for drama in the arts and theater and dance. So I real excuse me, huh, come.
Speaker 1: On, man, stop playing right and listen. You already know because you can.
Speaker 4: Hey, you can hear me talk when I talk about certain things. You already know it's something I really like. Man, Hey, hey, why you why you hey? Why why you call it?
Speaker 1: Boysh When he said dance though, that was when he was when he got up in there are you brother?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hold on, this is this is how. This is how you know. I love dance too, Maya maya Arci? I did, I.
Speaker 4: Did when I was playing. Yeah, I just left. I just left New Orleans. Last week I went to see Alvin Ellie Man for the the ump Team time since nineteen eighty eight, when my grandma took me to go see him in eighty eight at the Gustman Theater.
Speaker 7: I love it, Bronks, come on, hey.
Speaker 2: I want to go see him. I'm gonna see him. I haven't been the whole lot of Broadway I saw, uh, I saw Samuel Jackson when he played Doctor King. Okay, I might not get there. Yeah, Uh, Broadways is different is It's so different than going to the It's so different than go into an actual movie.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know what I'm saying, don't, Joe.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you just went to a but to sit there and to see I'm like, damn, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's no joke. Bro.
Speaker 6: It's a true actors medium, you know what I'm saying, Like like like whereas whereas in film, you know, like like it's arguably a filmmaker's medium that sat television as a writers medium.
Speaker 1: Like like like that at that stage is an actors medium. Bro. They got nothing to save them. You know what I'm saying. They just they just they just up there. You know what I mean. It's no you blew me in. You know what I'm saying, Like I It's just it's just bro.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's what Denzel says. Denzel says he's a He's a theatrical actor that went to the screen. See he cut his teeth on Broadway. Yeah, he takes that. He said, some people are stage and they come to Broadway. I was Broadway that went to the went to the screen.
Speaker 6: It's interesting too, bro because because like because like a lot of people don't a lot of people don't understand too. It's like it's like it's like the culture of Broadway, you know, like like very similar to you know, very similar to basketball, right like.
Speaker 1: If you if you, if you, you know.
Speaker 6: Like basketball is very culturally ingrained in the United States, so much so that if you go professional, if you go watch a professional basketball game anywhere in the world, most of the players are gonna be from the States.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you go overseas to Italy and watch the game there, or overseas in Germany, you know what I'm saying, Like you'll you'll see a lot of players here and with that stage work. You know, it's so culturally ingrained in the u k. You know, you know what I mean, Like it's it's it's a part of that culture.
Speaker 1: They are bought.
Speaker 6: Uh the stage the way we are about basketball here, you know what. You know what I'm s It's in every school, it's in every you know. So you see, so you'll see these British actors getting shipped all over the place, man and on every role, you know what I mean, and on every on every you know, you know, white white British actors.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, black British actors. You know what I'm saying. Yeah for for me coming up.
Speaker 6: Bro, The first time I hit I hit a Broadway play and really and really seeing and really seeing you've seen somebody get THEMN you know what I mean? It was, it was it was like, you know, like like I did. Wish I'd been as falls to it earlier. Bro, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I might I might have been. I might have been doing that, you know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, Hey, even if I just get a kick me or I could be I could be Bocal's brother.
Speaker 1: We got you, bro. Hey, Hey if y'all man, Hey, hey, I could be a brother something. I'm coming. I'm coming to him. I'm coming with him.
Speaker 6: Ride oy Hey Hey, I'm winning BN y'all y'all now, I'm winny man, y'all got, y'all got such y'all got such great chemistry.
Speaker 1: Man, When when I when I when I watch.
Speaker 2: Y'all, bro, Yeah, is evident, man, I appreciate that sinners arrive in theaters. April eighteenth, directed by written by Ryan Coogler. He written such freak fruit Bell Station, Black Panther, Wakanda.
Speaker 1: Forever Creed and now he's with this one.
Speaker 2: Sinners arrives in theaters April eighteenth, Ryan, thank you for giving us a little bit of your time.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the trailer.
Speaker 2: Well support you, hey, chat, make sure we go out here and support our brother Ryan Coogler. Hey, he's doing big things for the community. Do a big thing for the colt, sir, And we gotta make sure we keep him up. We're gonna lift him up and we're gonna keep him up there, right. Thank you so much for your time. Appreciate it. Hey, I'll see you down the road now.
Speaker 1: I appreciate y'all. Man, Thank God, thank you boss man love, thank you man. Yes, sir, we got to talk about this. What this ship.
Speaker 2: Marvin Sap is receiving backlash. He locked the door of the church until they receive forty k in donations to listen to this with Joe.
Speaker 5: Okay, and they understand the cost that is involved. There's one thousand of you. I said, close them doors, ushers, close the doors, close the doors, close the doors. It's a thousand that's watching online. This is a small seed. If I get a thousand on line to give this, if I get a thousand in the sanctuary to give this, that's forty thousand dollars tonight. Now, everyone up here, we've all sold in seated, but I need everyone standing up here with us, with me to plan a seat of one hundred dollars, because again, it costs to sit up here.
Speaker 1: And this is what I need you to do.
Speaker 5: If you're giving electronically or even if given tangibly, I'm gonna have y'all come to the altar and give it because I need to see the thousand people moving. Bring them baskets. Bring I want the baskets up here. I want to see the folk. Y'all start moving. Y'all can bring in right now. Come come, come, come, come back. A thousand people need to give us twenty dollars. A thousand people need to give twenty dollars. A thousand people online, he'd give twenty dollars. This is easy, saints. Hey, well that's always been the church. That's always been the church.
Speaker 4: But see that you talking, that's always been to church. I grew up at the church. You know that offering play to come around by two, three, five nine, they said, But the Lord said, give what you can. He put no head, put no number on it.
Speaker 1: Oh the bomb. He say, when you.
Speaker 4: Tied ten percent, ten percent of your earnest man, yes, ten percent of your earning.
Speaker 2: He will say, medicay figures through melicoed three eight through a level. He said, Well, a man rob God, he answers the question, because you already know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: He said, Yeah, where would I rob you? He said, and tied and off three oh.
Speaker 2: He say, Brad your time to the storehouse, open up the windows of heaven and pour you out of blessings that you will not be able to receive.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what he's saying. Now he ain't tell me.
Speaker 2: Jack made to be coming to me and talking about see what they preaching his prosperity.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, yes sir.
Speaker 2: But see that's why I'm going to the ministry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, Joe, yes, I fast.
Speaker 1: Playing around off the plastic collection plate.
Speaker 2: Now look here, un joe, hey, don't put no change in the collection plate. God don't like noise. Yeah, God, God don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like noise. List going to the back Listen. You know my mom is sat.
Speaker 4: Now the church, the church, the church, the church, that's part of the building fund.
Speaker 1: The church need new windows.
Speaker 2: You tell me, gil, Oh he need a roll, Oh he needs he need a jet, Oh he need a rose Russ, he need a bed left. Yeah, Oh, he ain't gonna have a better He ain't gonna have a if pop working harder.
Speaker 1: He ain't gonna have a better car than me. Not that I'm donating too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, well, well, one thing you got to understand that I've never I've never been I've never been in the pool pit. I've never been a preacher. But I do understand the work that comes behind it. I do understand the study and in the hours and all all the stuff that they have to go through when it comes to running the church and being a preacher. And I'm not gonna sit up here and preach because that's not me. I am not finna play with the Lord like that. But in the Bible, say with the Lord, well, Lord, listen to me.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: In the Bible it says God loves a cheerfulgiver. It doesn't tell you how much you got to give, though exactly. That's my point. That that that's it. Now, that's the only thing I don't agree with. Now, you ain't finna lock them goddamn doors. And I got to get home and watch the basketball game because it's March madness. Tell about said, I gotta give you one thousand dollars. Now the devil is a lot. Now you're gonna open them doors, and I'm gonna give you what your kick what I can. Now, that's what's gonna happen. Oh, we're gonna have to tussle up here in the church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then God gonna have to come down there and pull me up off you.
Speaker 1: He gonna he's gonna have to come. He's gonna have to come.
Speaker 2: Down off his throne because he's the alphae and Nomegaga sees high and looks low, so he know I'm gonna be tearing your tail up in that church if you lock the doors. And I can't get up out of there. But I'm saying, come on now, Oh, Joe, they they doing too much. O Joe, Trip dead trip, And it's a new church. I didn't even know, Joe.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know pastors was a job, because every when I grew up the palla he was the principal. He was a shada, he cut hair. He wasn't no preacher full time. That wasn't the only job he had. I ain't know, I swear on you. I did not know that that was a full time job. Maybe it's just me. Maybe that was just a Southern thing. But yeah, hey man, my professor was the Wather. Whether Wather was a teacher at the school, or he was principal, or he was the custodian, he was the Bible. Yeah, he did other things. He wasn't just he just didn't preciate. Maybe not just by I don't know, right, that's just me.
Speaker 1: Hey, But one thing you got to think.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if Marvin saff has a megachurch, but I understand what what goes into it and what entails when it comes to the overhead for a church of that magnitude with a congregation, we stop building a church that big. Yeah, listen, I don't know. I ain't never been there. I ain't never been there. But this is not one thing I do. I love some preaching, boy, I love some preaching that you know. Grandma had me in the church, you know, Sunday Wednesday Bible study.
Speaker 1: I led the choir. You know, I was.
Speaker 4: I was in the I was in the junior choir. I was a junior deacon. I did look, I didn't look at everyone. I would need to see where they said that in the Bible. It's not in there. And they locked the doors in the Bible. No, it's not in there. That's not in there. You know, they re write their own story. Now, Yeah, we we we were good for that.
Speaker 1: That go to show you. Yeah, it used to be salvation was free. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: But ministers have found a way to charge for salvation. Salvation was free.
Speaker 1: But that's a good one every way. Man. They need to stop. Look that was that's a good one now.
Speaker 2: And it's not the fact that it's twenty dollars, it's the fact that he's put a number on it.
Speaker 1: Right. You don't tell somebody what they should give.
Speaker 2: That's between them and their God, yes, sir, not between the preacher trying to get money out your pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially especially during these times. I give.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no problem giving, But you don't. He ain't gonna tell me how much to give. That ain't got nothing to do with him. M that's between me. Hey, I'm gonna have to answer. No matter what you think of Shannon Shark, Shannon is gonna have to answer for Shannon. Yeah, you could say one soul your own. Yeah, you trying to tell me what I need to do. I will have to give an account for this. I would have to go before that man and everything.
Speaker 1: He gonna say. You remember this, You gonna remember you remember that man. They need to. I don't. I don't be liking that though you I don't. I don't listen. Listen. I'm with you when you're right. I'm with you and you're right now.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting too upset about it because I've come from the Baptist Church.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been there. I know what it's like from a love fast look from a loved one.
Speaker 2: Until I was a senior, look, I remember sitting on them, them them benches. We had one benches. You fly too much, you might get a splinter in your butt. We have no cushion. We didn't have no cushion.
Speaker 1: Any fleet.
Speaker 2: The elite well, I mean, I mean they revamped it, but it was a church and you felt and you felt the Lord come in there, not in I got all these fancy things.
Speaker 1: Lord, I ain't coming by here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pay y'all, y'all play it in my name now, Hey, y'all gonna have.
Speaker 4: Hey, there was some good days now you now you got I mean, just you mentioned that video. Just bring back memories at church with grandma in over Town. You know about Overtown right in Miami. Yeah, small Alliver Baptist Church. I'll never forget Reverend Clark and got as I got a little My first pastor with day was Reverend Clark for real. Yeahs as I got a little older. You know, Miami Northwestern were Teddy Bridgewater just won a national championship. Yeah, I started walking from my grandma house on forty fourth eleven.
Speaker 1: I started walking to.
Speaker 4: New Birth because the new Birth they they was at Miami Northwestern having church there. And I started going to see the Honorable Victor T.
Speaker 1: Curry's Victor T. Curry and became a part of that church.
Speaker 4: And now they over there in a open lock off one thirty fifth everybody that's a part of the new Birth. I know you might see this, Victor Curry. I hope everything is good. I know I ain't been at church in a while. I ain't got no suits, But I love you and I'm doing I'm doing right.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, But yeah, you've been preaching prosperity for the longest time. You remember the televangelist see Reverend Ike, and they had Jimmy Swagger, and they had.
Speaker 1: R yeah, Hey, yeah, oh, and Jimmy Swagg got him in talk aout. Father.
Speaker 2: I've seeing I'm saying, hey, hey, but I'm saying y'all remember Rex Humbard.
Speaker 1: It was Jimmy Swagger, Rex Hombar.
Speaker 2: Reverendnike went the first one because repend Ike was having you put five dollars and send it in for the prayer cloth. I don't know if y'all remember that, but I've been before your time chat, but I'm old enough to remember. That's one thing about being old, and once you get to a certain age, you realize that's your only purpose left to do is to get old.
Speaker 1: Man, They're gonna stop playing me.
Speaker 6: Hey man, hey, hey hey.
Speaker 4: That was classic God damn Jimmy Swagger. I remember jim Yeah, and I said bad.
Speaker 2: Look that's like I said, Look, I give when Lord knows you bless me, and I don't have no I don't have no problem.
Speaker 1: And not only do I give to the church if people in need. Yeah, that's me. Hey, that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Help people in the wildfires that that that happened in California.
Speaker 1: Yes, hey Shannon, Hey, you know.
Speaker 2: Me and my mom with my mom, ain't got nowhere to go, Shannon, Right, I get your I get your place for a couple of months.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've never that's the way my my my grandmother would give people her last.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why you came, like, hey, you told my dad ain't got nothing to eat?
Speaker 2: You know we can We're gonna be okay, we got some rude beggars and you know we can make some crack limit.
Speaker 1: No, let that make rude beggars.
Speaker 2: Give them what we're gonna eat, and then we can go to the superpark and we get some hot dogs.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: How mad?
Speaker 2: Now how Mary Porter was she say? Son, you know, hey, one day God will bless you. Yeah, hey, listen, she she really truly believed.
Speaker 1: In that, right, hold on, I believe in that and always have.
Speaker 4: You know, you remember remember when I used to do do the tipping, do the tipping all the task, and I would put proverbs certain the generous person will always I started stopped doing it. Because I kind of got in trouble because people seeing me do that against the others, so they complaining, well, why you're not sending more than me if you got extra to give the strangers out there.
Speaker 1: So I just stopped doing it all together, you know.
Speaker 2: So anyway, but I say, that's the same thing, oh Joe, when we gave to a southern right, And why did you say ro ro Come on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah, what about A and T?
Speaker 1: What about this? Yeah? Yeah, so it's it's I stopped.
Speaker 2: I stopped forms Savana State gets my underboted attention.
Speaker 1: They don't the least.
Speaker 2: Right, no matter what's Yeah, absolutely, and I love HBCUs. I matriculated, yes, and I got a degree from Savannah State. But first and foremost, I'm here sitting in this seat because a lot of people at Savannah State, Haynes Walton, Norman Aylmore, Claire Baines, George McLamore, Joanne Green, Steve Smith, Gay hewittt they believed in me. Yeah, they believed in me. So man, please, But I've always been like that, O Joe. I've always you know, when I got money, I used to go back and and and tithe and and make sure my GRANDMOA who give me something to put into church?
Speaker 1: I give my grandma. You know who? You want me to put all this in church? You say, can't you something to put in church?
Speaker 4: You ain't got to put it all there. Keep something for yourself. Now, you ain't gotta put it all to them. But you say, give you something to put in shirt? You want to put it all in there?
Speaker 1: I can't. You know your baby gonna take care of you. Grad you go get smoke. The volume