Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's think at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepcat and I'm joined by Bloomberg Report at clok Malay.
Speaker 1: Good morning, go.
Speaker 3: So can we start with LVMAH, which you've been watching as we've been writing about how Europe's giants are taking a hit. Why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So LVMHOR is a little weaker today, and it has been weak now for a little while, and it's had quite a tough start to the year. And as you said, this is part of this broader trend of European giants taking kind of quite the beating. So we have LVMH, SAP, and Nova Noordsk of course, three major companies and three companies that were market darlings at some point. They have fallen about thirty percent so far this year, and so they've accounted for over half of the four hundred and twenty billion euros that's been wiped off European stocks this quarter. So we're very much talking about a sort of fall from grace for these companies, and they've been facing a bunch of challenges that are both kind of industry wide.
Speaker 1: And company specific.
Speaker 4: So for LVMH, there's kind of this luxury downturn continuing. For Asap, we've got the continued concern of the impact of AI on software companies, and in for and overdoor disc there's the competition from Eli Lilly and then also some trial setbacks as well that have been really hurting the share price. And of those three, VMH has been the biggest loser. It's lost ninety billion euros in market capitalization. And so this is a really interesting kind of trend where we're seeing those major companies taking quite the hit. And we're now, of course waiting for first quarter reports that come in that start coming through in the next couple of weeks, and that will hopefully shad a little bit more light on what's happening, you know, in the future for those companies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, the luxury sector in you so important. Let's have a look at the media company Future seeing a really big decline.
Speaker 1: Why yeah, so Future is an internet publisher.
Speaker 4: It owns websites like Mary Claire, like tech Radar, et cetera. And so it's a media company, and that is a company that relies on website traffic, and so for a while it was able to rely on SEO so that its links, you know, appeared first on Google Search, people clicked on them, they got to have some ads, and then Future made money in that way. The problem now, of course, is that we've got Ai overviews, which means that people just don't just read that and they don't necessarily click any further, and that's really starting to feed through into earnings for Future. So it's said this morning that while they expected some shifts in the audience that is derived from Google Search, these changes have been more pronounced than they anticipated, and so that has meant a negative impact on advertising and e commerce revenue, and that has led the company cut its outlook for margin, and that is really pointing to some worrying trends for the business, and we've seen the shares really slump this morning as a result.
Speaker 3: Lastly, the Italian group Monday's is planning to boost a steak in the Channel tunnel operator. How market's responding to.
Speaker 1: That pretty well.
Speaker 4: So Getlink is the operator of the Channel tunnel and it's getting as you said, some investment from Mundy's. So Mindy's the Italian operator of airports motorways, and it plans to raise a steak in get Link to as high as twenty five percent, and so that would mean a steak worth about nine hundred million euros. And so boosting that steak for Mondy's would be sort of helping its push into the French infrastructure market, which is part of the broader strategy for the company of expanding its focus on European transport assets.
Speaker 1: In particular. Mundy's did say that this was not a.
Speaker 4: First step towards a takeover approach, and the news really boosted shares in Gettling this morning the news of that investment, and it's extended what's already been a really strong start to the year for this infrastructure company. We're up almost eighteen percent so far this year, and it seems like that will be continuing.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.