Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. I was a casting director for film and TV and commercials for over thirty years. I transitioned to a celebrity acting coach after I cast a film New Jersey Drive with executive producers Spike Lee and director Nick Domez. I auditioned every rapper from biggiees Balls to Tupac, and I realized that rappers and musical artists they needed help transitioning to acting. My clients consist of musical artists from Buster Rhymes to Eve, Missy Elliott, Angela Yee from The Breakfast Club, and Vanessa Simmons to name a few. I also coach sports stars and host as well. I feel I have the best of both worlds. As a casting director, I know exactly what they're looking for, and as an acting coach, I can coach you to be remembered in that room.
Speaker 2: Now I know.
Speaker 1: I know actors want to get the job. I get that, but being remembered by a casting director that is powerful.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for meditation of the day. Breathe then, I calm my body, breathe out, I smile.
Speaker 2: Anonymous. When is enough enough.
Speaker 3: I ask myself this every single day, not for myself, but just for the world in general. Like, if we're honest, America has a lot and we have a lot of excess of food, of products, things right. My question is, if peace and happiness and love is what you're seeking in this life, and we only know of this life, then we have to have a conversation with ourselves to let us ourselves.
Speaker 2: Know that when enough is enough, when we don't have.
Speaker 3: To strive so hard, work so hard, think so hard, live so hard. When we can just know that this amount of money is good and this house or condo, whatever it is that you have that you are blessed to live in is good, then we can seek peace. But every day is literally a rat race to where and we have to answer that question so that we can create calmness in our soul and we can live peacefully and love. Today, I will believe that love, peace and happiness truly exists when you know that enough is enough. Before we get started, I like to remind everyone to go to Crackle Network to use the Evans one and two of my show Inside the Black Box that I co host with the Great Emmy Award winning Joe Morton. Look out for news on season three soon. Welcome to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. I am beyond excited. Like you guys don't understand, when you meet people and your soul and spirit are familiar, it is a confirmation that that is the energy that.
Speaker 2: You want to and need to be around. And that's what I felt when I met this woman.
Speaker 3: And I and I have to say this too because I don't know if I've ever said this to her.
Speaker 2: But like I know, when I meet actors. Does that make sense? I know when I meet actors, but I felt like I felt, I feel like I met.
Speaker 3: The person first and then I was on the set like, oh yeah, you enacted. So anyway, I'm not gonna I'm not going to delay this introduction because you are going to feel exactly the same way I do after this interview conversation. Ladies and gentlemen, Please my new friend, my actress, she was Fiefe in the Lifetime movie Abduction at NHBCU, please put chance together for Alexis Austria cup.
Speaker 4: All right ya, everybody?
Speaker 2: Can I do it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we have to. You know, I was going over this.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, let's see there we go, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So, as I said in May, they.
Speaker 3: Were shooting fifteen days in Atlanta, Georgia and so cool on you know, the Moorhouse and Spellman campuses. Historically it was beautiful. My first night, well pretty much. I think all of our days were night shoots. And so when we do night shoots, you're leaving actors around three o'clock in the afternoon and then you come back to your hotel or your space around you know, nine am in the morning sometimes right, Yes, but I want to talk about because this was what my takeaway from the whole production was.
Speaker 2: Is how you shoot a featured film.
Speaker 3: Now in fifteen days? And for you, what was your process when you got casts and then the contract? Where because actors asked this, where do you start studying and working?
Speaker 2: You know? And then what is that process until you get on the set.
Speaker 4: So my first concern is when I do good books, so yay and thank you Leslie Green. Shout out to Leslie Green for casting. Yes, yes, and so yeah. So the first thing I I you know, I ask for is the script because I want to read the script in its entirety. So I can understand, you know, the vibe and everything like that, because I feel like sometimes, I mean all the time, when you just read that certain part before you film, you miss a lot of how you could build a character or how you know, you could present yourself in the film. So that would be my step every time when I do. And Plus I love I love the you know, I love the scenery, and I love the you know, thinking about, oh, what's going to happen and then getting on set and be like, oh, this is a little different than what I thought.
Speaker 2: So I love that.
Speaker 4: And then in regards to like, you know, uh, contracts and stuff, Luckily I have an agent who takes care of that.
Speaker 3: So and I was gonna say to alexis that when you said the first thing I asked for is a script. I just want to make it clear actors, if you do not have an agent or a manager, it is very rare that you get to the script. So that is why she had asked us to the script, and she had someone to negotiate her contracts.
Speaker 6: Because she has an agent. Yes, So I just wanted to throw that in. Yes, shout out to say it again, I said, shout out.
Speaker 4: To Baron entertainment, my agency who got me deducted at HBCU as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, one of this is so in alignment.
Speaker 3: But I was thinking to the other day and preparing for my I do give love just talking about gratitude and the way that you are giving these shout outs like this to me. You know, the energy that you put out is the energy that you give and this is your spirit. Have you found because in your you know, tell us about because my thing again is fifteen days. What was your experience? You you prep one way at home, but then when you get to the set, what was different? What was you know, what did you feel you didn't have time for, like because fifteen days, like I come from I'm old school, four to six weeks if you have a good budget.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, so fifteen days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, definitely it was definitely sped up. But the you know, the thing I feel like I did also a lot of like relaxation, meditation also in addition, so I wasn't so like a little bit you know, nervous, because I was a little nervous for a second, but then I realized, Yeah, I realized that I'm just going to enjoy myself and not overthink it and just be the character. But in regards to preparation, having only fifteen days, I spent most of my mornings before my shoot just restudying the lines, restudying the lines and restudying you know, the parts beforehand, and so I kind of know where my mindset will be. So it's a lot of if you don't have too much prep time, which is like luki Ley for the people who film for to six weeks, they got a lot more prep time. They can do the character more and all that stuff. You know, you just have to consistently work and you know, you just keep building yourself. But when you truly love something like this, it's like it's kind of like almost a cake walk, but not saying it like like cocky or anything, but it's if you love it, here, it's gonna it's gonna be fine, and you just keep working hard and have your mind focused on it, you'll be fine. But yeah, just make sure to keep understand also when you are on set, things can be thrown differently at you. So they can change a whole thing, yes, and take out a whole part of the script, and you'll have to write then and there two seconds you better catch that real quick. But no worries. Once you relax and everything, you'll get it just fine.
Speaker 3: Yes, and this is really important, really important. And talking to these actors who are listening to you now. For those of you who have not seen the film Lifetime Abduction at an HVCU, I would encourage you to see this film because excuse me, Fifie, I mean, look, Fifi, I believe alexis Alexis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Can you tell them how you prepared for Fifi, because give them a little of your background, because that is not you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I yeah. So for Fifi, it's she's such a she's she went through a lot in her past in order to get to where she is now. So she she also I don't know if I should say any spoilers or anything.
Speaker 2: Should I say spoilers? Well, but it's but but you introduced yourself like that, you know what I mean. We're not talking anything else?
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotcha, yes, definitely, So, yeah, prepare for Fife. It's just so I'm usually a goofy person, but Fefee is a little bit more serious about the business because her task is to make sure these girls are okay, and that is I mean, at moments when the task at hand me as a person, I do that as well. But otherwise I'm a very goofy person. I love you know, I love joking around. I love life, and life is amazing and fantastic and I'm so blessed to be alive. And so with Fifi, I had to just always my concern the girls in the back of my head, so serious mode was always on hand. I didn't have any joking mode. I had a task to do. I had to get, you know, help these girls, and that was one of my it. And then I had to deal with the pain of my past, which is still healing, so of the fife of the fife of the fee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I have to say that, you know, when we were shooting the first scene, which was really the first introduction of the.
Speaker 2: Two of you, the weight, like, I kept saying to myself, she can't.
Speaker 3: She had a camera in you guys, like just a regular Panasonic or Cannon camera, and it had a strap and she was carrying it on her shoulder, and then she had a bag, and I kept saying to myself, you look so way down, but it's not the camera and it's not the bag, it's your history.
Speaker 2: Yes, you wore to me, you wore the pain, the healing because.
Speaker 3: I'm not going I really encourage you guys to watch this because what her past entailed.
Speaker 2: You, that's not.
Speaker 3: Something that I don't know if you truly to recover from that, because it's a daily back there unless you go, you know, get hypnotized to erase that from your memory. Like I can't imagine you not not thinking about it sometime during.
Speaker 2: The day, you know. So that's the first thing I saw on you before I.
Speaker 3: Met you was the weight that you were carrying, you know, your overcoat.
Speaker 2: It just everything just looked like it was just weighing on you right, right.
Speaker 3: But then when you spoke, that's when you could that's when you felt the passion and like the commitment that you made to yourself, yes, that you were going to be a part of this and save these and and you know, I mean it was lifetime, right, Alexis. So it was like it was.
Speaker 2: A little safe, right.
Speaker 3: But yes, I talked to someone who's an investigator that said to me, I said to him, don't these men have mothers, sisters, daughters, He said, Tracy, they paid them enough to forget they have mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 3: So even if you were doing that research just to get that in your head, like where do you have to go? And not go too far because this is it's sex trafficking. That's what abduction is about. Like we can tell you that. So when these girls are snatched, and I can only imagine very few are saved. But when you are saying where where, like for you as an actress, where did you have to go to a dark place or create a dark place?
Speaker 2: Like, because that is not alexis you guys? Yes?
Speaker 4: Like well, first, you know, I would watch YouTube videos to see kind of like investigators and stuff like that. YouTube is so helpful to kind of research what you can. But of course, uh in addition to that, I just I listen to the other actor and I listen, which also helps me play off of what I'm feeling. So listening is one of the most important thing you could do. I feel as an actor, you know, and thank you, welcome, thank you, and so that is very important when you listen and not worry about, oh my god, what am I going to say?
Speaker 2: What is my lines?
Speaker 4: Instead of being like know your lines? Of course, but listen, and when you listen, then you respond and you can feel it right here in the heart, you know, right here in the heart where it comes or whatever place that certain feeling you get. You know, the thing is also in life. You study life. When you study life, you can also it also pertains to when you act, because you know, you get mad in real life. So getting mad in real life for example, you know you'll know how that feeling is. So pay attention to stuff like that too. And then also when watching the YouTube videos, pay it, you know, pay attention to their mannerisms, what is happening everything like that, you know, theirs, their backstory, how are they sitting. Every I feel like every detail is very important to building your character in whatever the character is, like for example, sex trafficker or a nurse. Let's say for a nurse, for example, a hard working nurse. Research upon that nurse, what do they do? Shoot. I would even go as far to volunteering at a hospital if they allow it to kind of shadow a nurse, because then you can really get that hard you know, that view and that real feel the energy of the whole place instead of just YouTube. So yeah, that's that's that's what research you should always do as an actor. Just go above and beyond that any anybody would do, and that will really help you, you know, build your acting career, build yourself better as an actor, and then it will make you love it even more.
Speaker 3: So I just want to say, in watching the work, like I felt the work that you did, the research that you did.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, it would have been fake to me if the character Fefee was, for instance, had makeup on, like of course, you know Alexis had makeup on, but she didn't have makeup on that looked like she had makeup. She her face looked warm, you know, she looked tired. I mean, this woman you'll see when you watch it what she does for a living. You know how she moves right right, So so that played a part in for me.
Speaker 2: And and just there was a sadness.
Speaker 3: But when I say that, there were moments where you could see there was light at the end of the tunnel, you know, because of you.
Speaker 2: So you told the for me, you told the full story.
Speaker 3: Now I was down there working with my client Natry not how was it you sees?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, the torri, Yes, the toy.
Speaker 2: How did you feel, I mean, how was that?
Speaker 3: You know, I know that like and I said this sanatory that I wish that you guys had time to meet each other prior, just to get some energy because like, you know, eventually you know the story, yes, so, but you guys created that.
Speaker 2: But how was it working with her, you know in this film?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: It was amazing. She was so kind. She when she saw there was a little she offered me advice, and which was very amazing because a lot of actors I've worked with don't do that. They only concern about themselves a lot of times. But sorry, but Notori really stepped into to kind of give me some advice. Hey, maybe you should, you know, do this this way. And I said, you know what, that is a great way.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 4: I love it. And she was, yeah, she very and she would offer suggestions that would be even better than what originally was you know, thought of.
Speaker 2: So because of her.
Speaker 4: Long experience, she's been in this industry since she was fifteen years old, I mean, she has a lot of experience, so she understands a lot of it. And whenever you are as an actor, you're dealing with you know, a very well seasoned, you know, actor and you know, take their advice. They know what they're doing. And she's just amazing energy. I really enjoyed. And there was a part we held hands in the film and I just felt the energy right through our hands and I.
Speaker 2: Just didn't go I didn't want let go of the hand. Yeah, I loved it. Yes, And she's a good mommy and yeah, very nurturing and loving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I enjoyed. I enjoyed. I'm not gonna tell but there's two of my favorite scenes in there with you guys, and and I got a chance to see the film with her because she had a screaming and we were so happy after the film. We really enjoyed it, you know.
Speaker 2: Because you know, it's very challenging actors.
Speaker 3: And I really want you to know this because you know, to rush through things as an actor and not be able to go through the process. That's why classes and rehearsals are so important, because you have to edit back when you get on the set.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna was that challenging for you?
Speaker 3: Because there were moments where I saw and I'm gonna tell you Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just say Mother's Day. We shot and there I wanted you to take a little more time with the situation. However, how was it challenging.
Speaker 4: For you as an actress because in a well, I think as an actress, a lot of things are challenging, especially if you don't take class. I feel like sometimes when you don't take a class and you don't get that outside perspective, it can make you miss some things what you should have thought of before. Like, for example, the wonderful Tracy. She helps so much. Everything she does, she offers this amazing advice that makes you completely do a one eighty in your head, you know, a one eighty to just be like, okay, this is what I need. Okay I missed this, so this is what I could do better next time, or.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So I feel like, you know, acting is challenging, but it also isn't because when you love it so much, it's it's really funny.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: So and you know what, I had such a like again, I don't even think about consciously like let me help somebody. It's just it just it's it's just my DNA, right. So I on Mother's Day it was really really super important seeing you got this for her and I really wanted to be there for you in a visual way, so I would let her know what the shot was, you guys, if it was a close up on her.
Speaker 2: Face, so that Alexis.
Speaker 3: Could be aware, like you all need to know, it's so important to know what your camera angle is, you know, and how long it's on you and all of that, because, like Alexis said, that is.
Speaker 2: One thing that she does. She listens, and she listens with her eyes. Thank you, Tracy, Yo.
Speaker 3: When that camera was on you, I was watching your eyes on the monitor. It was all in your eyes, the pain, the desperation, the all of that, and it just came off right. So I'm saying that to say that I really felt great every time I got a chance to like sneak in that.
Speaker 8: Crowded room and you read the signals very well those.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying it wasn't something that I consciously thought of.
Speaker 2: It was like, Yo, this is an important moment for you.
Speaker 3: As an actress, for people like me to see the verse, ssatility and wealth of your talent. Definitely that you know the moments son right.
Speaker 4: Definitely, Yes, definitely, and you know you never know, like example, Tracy, who's going to be watching to kind of you know, give you that extra to help lead you to the right path and how you want your career as well, and then you know, keep the right people in regards around you because you don't.
Speaker 2: Want to just work.
Speaker 4: This is me. I don't want to work with just everybody. I'm actually very picky. I want to work with honest, good working people, because there are people in the film industry that aren't always good and honest people even you know, But I like, I'd rather go to a little bit slower route meeting the right people than the fast route, you know.
Speaker 3: Right, right, so, and and and the other thing too. Every set that I go on outside of my client, I always ask the director, and I asked del Mark it was okay if I can say something to you, because I never I'm not there to direct with my clients.
Speaker 2: I've been with Toy over twenty years.
Speaker 3: I've been with Buster for twenty nine years, so I know them and I'm able to the director says, this is the adjustment. I'm able to articulate. I found myself an interpreter. I'm able to articulate it to them and then boom right. So I have that respect for the directors, and so once I got the okay, I didn't feel like I had to.
Speaker 2: Ask every scene.
Speaker 3: Because I got the first okay, then I can have okay throughout you know, the show. But it was, it was, it was such an amazing journey. And I wanted to say this is this true because I read that you were thirty one in making the decision to come into acting, but you have been seventy.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: So actually, so the story is I was actually going to go to I was going to school for animation at first because I wanted to be an animator because I love to draw. But one of the criterias for being an animator is to go and take an acting class. And I was like, okay, I'm going to try this thing. And then I took it and I realized, you know what, I like this more than animation. So I stopped animation and just pursued acting. Now I'm doing this full time and just I'm going to keep pursuing and keep building until I keep going to the next mountain, the next mountain, and the next and keep it going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what's great about animation one, you know, it's different actors than you know, live action because it takes a lot of time, right, Alexis is that But I feel like the what is going to help move this project along with you as your relationships, because a lot of relationships that you have and are continue to form. Yeah, those relationships can be voiceovers definitely. Yeah, yes, you know so, but that's you know, like I love the fact that as an actress you are multi hyphening because you have to be in these days. She's also a producer creator, yes, and that's you know. I mean, can you tell the actors like, because that's another I feel like, just.
Speaker 2: As acting brings you this energy and this great vibe, creating is the same way.
Speaker 3: So can you just encourage to let them know how important it is to have something else within you know?
Speaker 4: Oh definitely, yeah, I think it is so important in addition to having your agent and getting your auditions and you know, getting the right headshots all that stuff create, right, write a movie, you know, write a book definitely, you know, become a producer, become a writer, like right now, currently I have a partner his name is Rodney Hopson, who created a TV series called city Lights, which we eventually will be pitching to Netflick. So and then it's gonna be your number one show, baby, and yes, yes it is. And yeah, make your connections with people who believe in themselves and will keep pushing until they get to where they want to go and in the same vision as you. And that's why I've been working with Rodney. We've been working on this TV series for the past well, he created it. I've been working on it with him for the past two years. He's been working on it for six years. And so we're just keep pushing making our connections like the awesome Glenn Plummer who is going to be on it, and then you know awesome you know, Tracy Moore and then everybody else.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, like you know, I mean I told you I have relationships in this business, and you know I wanted to bring you on to celebrate you because you like, in terms of actors that I've recently met and just been around. Like it's a spirit you guys. Like when I talk of spirit, like I'm talking like I feel like the feathers, I feel like the dream Catchers, you know, like there's something That's why I said soul And what that does, alexis is it? It does it softens the desperation of this business. Like it makes you feel like you don't have to be tapping your wrists.
Speaker 2: I got to get this role. You don't have to be like, what's my next project? You can actually have a career.
Speaker 4: Be happy. Yes, yes, you can do all that. Should go to Disney World.
Speaker 2: I love Disney. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: And the thing about you is, that's that's how you are. And that's why I said when I met you, I met the person before I met the actress, even though we were on set. And I know, you know, somebody can you don't even have to tell me you're an actor?
Speaker 2: Right when I go out to LA and I go to a restaurant or something, and then people come up and you know, with the.
Speaker 3: Presentation, I'm like, I don't need I don't say are you an actor? They'll say eventually I'm an actor, And in my head, I'll say, I already knew that, Like the whole presentation told me that right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I was looking at you know, I always encourage actors to go to IMDb dot com and you know, look up credits and.
Speaker 2: Look up everything. And I love the fact that you did a short film.
Speaker 3: You know, and because I one of the things and this is before short films. You know, I started in eighty seven, so this was before short films were a thing.
Speaker 2: But I always encourage actors to.
Speaker 3: Do like here in New York, NYU Columbia, because they give them. In the day, they gave them brands, so they had budgets, and then you know, they have great equipment because people donate.
Speaker 2: It's just like UCLA u AS the film school like that.
Speaker 3: But now you know, these film festivals are platform for short films. And then when I was at HBO in the nineties, they used to use short films as interstitials, you know.
Speaker 2: Commercials, right, what was like.
Speaker 3: What encouraged you or was it the script or how did you do this short film?
Speaker 2: How did that come abound?
Speaker 4: So actually the short film I worked on called Bruja, which is actually gonna be on YouTube in August thirteenth.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 4: Yay, thank you, I know, yeah it's August thirteen, Yes, yes, thank you, Tracy.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 4: It's a character role and it's like a really deep character role. It's uh brujaw basically is in Spanish it means which, so it's like a little bit of a horror short. So yes, and I do. I go huge for like good scripts, Like if it's a good script, I want to work that thing, you know, right right, And it was really put together. It was really very well put together. It was a very it was actually a no budget film, so unfortunately, but you know, starting off, you don't sometimes get paid because you got to build your real instudy. Yeah, no, at first it's no you know, you got to build something, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's why I encourage actors to do.
Speaker 3: Because the thing about NYU is that, you know, not negating any other schools, but I knew about NYU Film School. I knew about Columbia because as a casting director, I've been on panels at these schools, so I know the money that they have to do these short films. And like I said, the equipment. You can rent out the equipment on Friday and you have the equipment all weekend and have to return it on that Monday, right, so you can shoot a short film in three days. So and I used to work on short cast short films for my friends and stuff. But I think that it is a great platform for you to not only do the work as an actor, but also understand the positions on that set, the DP, the AD because that's never going to change, and just understanding how you know everything moves as an actor on that set.
Speaker 2: You get an opportunity to do that.
Speaker 3: In short films feature films, the expectations are here.
Speaker 2: And now you know when you know.
Speaker 3: Now I can honestly say that short films, the expectation is wotive for the world. So there is a higher expectation, and you know it's your resume, it's your walking, talking resume as an actor director DP. So there's advantages. Okay, Alexis, you got five minutes and I'm so sad, but this is the best. So if these actors who are listening to you, whatever advice tips that.
Speaker 2: You think they need right.
Speaker 3: Now in this climate, because you are present in current please do yes.
Speaker 4: Okay, So biggest advice definitely create your own stuff as well. I think that's huge. Pay attention to life. I think that's very important. Pay attention how you feel when you get mad, pay attention when you're happy. Where in your body are you feeling when you feel this way? So then whenever you listen as you act, you can associate that feeling to what you're going to say to that actor back in response to what you are listening. Listening is very important and relaxing. Take a few breaths, and you know, practice practice, you know yourself. But also be ready for any slight changes. It's whenever you start filming. Just be open and be like be like water, like Bruce Lee says, be like water.
Speaker 2: You know right? Oh, I love that. Grew up with Bruce Sweeve. I love you that.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's awesome.
Speaker 2: I like, yes, ah, that is so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to bring Elsa on now because we have two actors, spirited actors that dying to ask you a question.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, been so hearing your story of Lesus. Thank you, Thank you, Elsa. I appreciate you absolutely so. Today we have two of our spirited actors to ask questions of you. We have mister Randall Holloway, Welcome back, Randon, come on. And we have miss Nia Simone Smith. Welcome back Nia on camera.
Speaker 2: Hello you two, Bendia, you can ask you a question first?
Speaker 10: Yes, okay, so uh I really First of all, I really love your story and I really love your transition from doing animation.
Speaker 2: Do you want into acting?
Speaker 10: I feel like people that do that just have great luck.
Speaker 2: And then I don't know, I.
Speaker 10: Just feel like it's like this transition and that is just a really cool transition.
Speaker 2: That is kudos to you for that.
Speaker 9: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: But I just want to know, from a fellow.
Speaker 10: Actor to actor, how do you feel when you start doing your own creating, like writing and things like that.
Speaker 9: You know a lot of people didn't go to school for writing.
Speaker 10: And all these different things, and you're setting in and you're like, is this script good enough? You know, you have all those doubts and those things. How do you present your work when you're feeling that way? It may or you're exploring a new realm of the entertainment industry.
Speaker 4: So I personally love creating. I you know, I don't one thing I've learned. I don't overthink anything. I don't like to overthink. I go for the gusto. You know, I'm saying, if they don't like it, they they might not like it today, but tomorrow they may love it. You know. So I'm that type of person that I'll write this script and you know I will just you know, keep writing, adjusting and YouTube is great if you ever like feel like oh man, what should I do? YouTube is I'm also a Hannah artist and I learned doing Hannah from YouTube.
Speaker 2: So YouTube is that's your school?
Speaker 4: You know, what is your school in addition to life if you if you can't go to school or anything like that. But I honestly I don't. I don't worry too much because worry does not give me the best creativity. I feel like the creativity part is one of the most important whenever you're writing a script or you know, creating anything and reading books. Reading books is amazing. I think reading all types of genres, you know, watching all kinds of films, and studying, you know, because in the end people say, oh, this person stole this. No, everybody we It's just it's we borrow from everybody. Everybody takes from something, you know, we learn. So I that that's how I feel. I feel like, no, every story has like a base where they build off of. Maybe they have a little tweak here and there, what makes it you know interesting for that whatever however they make it. But you know, otherwise, yeah, the writing definitely. I just I don't I don't like to overthink it. I want to just enjoy and I feel like when you enjoy it, the outcomes are great instead of worrying. But I have to do this, I have to make this, which is good. Keep that in mind. But when you enjoy the process it the what you want comes even ten times more, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thank you, Nia.
Speaker 3: And I just want to add to that that she didn't say. That's another like she does kinda for real, Like she gets booked to do and he learned all of YouTube. That is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So because I want her to do, meet her all the way. Stunning work and it's spanding work. You guys, thank you.
Speaker 4: Just as we were talking, Nia, someone trying to book trying to book an appointment now for.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 10: I might need to book an appointment with you too. I love Hannah. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Nia.
Speaker 3: Well we got to bring her here, Nia, because she she's not in New York all day.
Speaker 11: She'll come here maybe next time.
Speaker 4: With City Lights too, especially our TV series that's where we want to film it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, and she's looking for well I'm not saying nothing else, but anyway, no.
Speaker 8: Thank you, that's so awesome. Okay, Randall, what's your question? All right, my name is Randall Holloway. I'm also multi hyphenated artist. I'm a singer, actor, writer, and painter and producer, so I'm.
Speaker 7: All over the place sometimes.
Speaker 12: But my fortune to you is, you know, as actors, what a role that scares you, that really is like just really scared you.
Speaker 7: Like is something that you know you shouldn't take, you don't want to take, but when it comes across you know that you're gonna take it.
Speaker 4: Oh oh man, this is you know, honestly, if there's a superhero role that ever really comes for me, that will scare me because that is going to be like a lead because I have never been a lead in a film before, but that role, I would. It would take a lot, but I would. I would definitely take it first off, because I love doing superhero stuff. I love fantasy. Fantasy is like fantasy, action and drama. Those are my things. I do like comedy even, you know, but like those are my main things. But yeah, that's yeah, that's that's what I would take, is that superhero role. And sorry, I forgot the other part of your question. What was what else was it?
Speaker 7: It was pretty much like, what what's the role that you you know that comes across or left that you know that you wouldn't want to take, but you know that you're going to take, oh.
Speaker 4: That they wouldn't want to take. Sorry, I definitely want to take the superhero role. Man. You know, I don't shoot. That's hard, you know, I don't know because I like a lot of roles. I don't know if there's much. But one thing I know I wouldn't do is, you know, anything with high nudity. I know that's totally not your question, but I wouldn't take those. But there's not really any roles out there that I know I wouldn't take but will take because there's so many great roles out there I feel like and very you know, many great writing and off the top of my head, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but you know, I take a lot of roles, So I'm sorry I didn't give you this.
Speaker 2: No. No.
Speaker 3: And in terms of a super like, I highly recommend if you haven't seen its super Supercell on Netflix, Oh look at that. And I encourage you guys as actors to not just shoot in the United States of America, but also think global, you know, because we're everywhere. So but this is shot in Britain and it is a really great series and talk about superpowers. It's very interesting and so we the I benched on season one, but season two should be coming out.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, so super that is all. Check it out. I can see you on that. I love it because I can see you. I guess se you as a friend with the superpower of something else. You'll see.
Speaker 4: My partner, Ronnie is actually writing a superhero movie too, so he's gonna get that made as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you go, yes, Okay.
Speaker 3: This has been Oh my god, like I'm just a Levettat. I'm really levitained. This is this is Do you guys feel what I feel?
Speaker 2: Now? This is a line in the strip. Do you understand what I'm saying? Randall and Nina? Okay, all right, I apologize. I need some help with the last name again.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all righty okay, I'm just saying, Alexis you come in, you're Lucy impo.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I want.
Speaker 3: You to put chands together, but still sit down, because Alexis Austriaco is going to be back with us in class infession and this is gonna be fun. Because she did the seat to give feedback and constructive criticism.
Speaker 2: So sit back.
Speaker 3: We'll be back on the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore and Alexis.
Speaker 4: See Ostriaco and mister Sea last time, but you know.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Spirited Active Podcast with me Tracy Moore, and we still have my dear friend, actress and multi High Canadia producer, creator person of the world, Alexis Astriaco.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, Tracy. Okay, I would throw it to Elsa that class in session. You got some actress from you. I'm looking forward, I do, I do.
Speaker 9: I'm looking forward to this one today too, Tracy. So today we have back mister Randall Holloway, Welcome back.
Speaker 7: Randall, thanks for having me.
Speaker 9: And we have back miss Nia Simon Smith. Welcome back Nia.
Speaker 2: Hey a hi.
Speaker 6: Yah.
Speaker 9: So today's scene is Trapped written by Damien Law. Interior prison cell like room night. A woman wakes up and is immediately met with a pounding headache. It's enough to daze her a bit, but her focus is automatically on the room with one toilet and the mysterious man with her, who's fixated on the door in front of him.
Speaker 2: Mhm. What's going on? Mm hmm, what the hell is going on? Where am I? I don't know? Who are you? Why am I here?
Speaker 7: I don't know?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: You don't know how did you end up here? I don't know do you know anything going on right now? Because I'm freaking the fuck out?
Speaker 13: I know that's screaming is not going to open that door, even though your voice is supersonic.
Speaker 7: I know that you have a spinning headache, so it's probably best that you take it easy.
Speaker 14: Okay, I relax when I'm up in a fucking that out fell.
Speaker 9: He's met with a brutal feeling in her head and quickly finds a seat on the floor.
Speaker 11: How did I get here?
Speaker 14: Remembers who went to the ball and getting ambushed by my father's teat and telling me that I'm gonna safe.
Speaker 2: They told me to stay quiet, and they wouldn't let me walk.
Speaker 9: Without one of them leaning h Barcus notices the girl's attire from makeup and her aura. She's clearly come from wealth and a lot of it, big.
Speaker 14: Singing, I know the blindfolders in the car driving away from something you can get.
Speaker 2: A chance to see. After that, just gonna Stark. Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: What's your name?
Speaker 2: Angel, Angel Perez. Nice to meet you, Angel. I'm Marcus. Now.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 13: I don't have an answer to why you're here, but we're here to get there, and that's what matters.
Speaker 7: Now. I need your focus and your attention. Who's ever listening or watching right now? We got to get out of here.
Speaker 9: Angel notices he has a certain familiarity to the cell and the situation. How long have you been here?
Speaker 7: I had a roommate before here.
Speaker 9: He's visibly distraught at the thought of this quote unquote whole roommate. There's bad memories there and they're fresh.
Speaker 7: That Nick and Darren.
Speaker 2: Told his dumb ass we should have never gone in that place. What happened to you, guys, That motherfucker happened.
Speaker 7: All I know is is that we had a job and he got plopped.
Speaker 13: I made a run for it, except I didn't escape, and everything went black and I ended up here. That was like a week, two weeks maybe more. Who was here with you, Damien. They wrapped his wounds with cooled galls wrapped. She would have died from natural circumstances.
Speaker 2: It wasn't putting this spo.
Speaker 9: Andrew notices the blood on the floor and the scratch marks from what should be torture. The realization is an enough to send her into another panic. At that moment, the couple is interrupted by the sound of a master lock opening, followed by a slow, lumbering step. Marcus notices the anxiety attack coming in and quickly sets her into a state of focus.
Speaker 5: I'm scared too, but I'm not heating this place for another hour, So I need you to control your breathing and get your shit together and follow my lead.
Speaker 7: You want to.
Speaker 9: Angel nods. There's a calming sincerity in his words, So the two get ready for whatever the guard has to throw at them. See.
Speaker 2: Wow, good job is a great job. I have to say this.
Speaker 3: I am so proud and I want to brag. But Randall created that scene in the spirited after the class.
Speaker 2: I always want to stay.
Speaker 9: This one.
Speaker 2: Written in that class. We have ones coming from Randall. Yeah, okay, that, Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, you got me invested. Guys, you guys, it's so amazing. Like painted the picture. I love the dynamic. You were like, you know, Nea, You're just like, you know, freaking out and it gives that good you know balance between Randal you. I knew you were freaking out inside, but you kept it calm still, And I love the difference instead of both of you like ah, then it becomes us like a scrabbled mess. And I like, I love the difference between you two. And I love how you painted the room. I saw the cell with you guys, because the way you're looking around as you're saying your lines, and it just it really paints the picture. And I became invested. I'm like, how do I help these people get out of this dang room?
Speaker 2: Like dang it?
Speaker 4: And then I felt bad because I feel like me I was about to be like you started crying and I was like, oh my god. You know, but really really good job. And it was a build up. That's what I loved the most is that it was such a build up. It wasn't just constant.
Speaker 2: Ah freak out right away.
Speaker 4: It was a build up. Like Randall, you had a build up moment and Mia you also had a build up moment, and when you freaked out, it wasn't overdone. It was a controlled like. It was really good. It was believable. You know you're thinking, yeah, And that's what I like, And you're actually teaching me. I'm actually paying attention to learning from you guys too, just so you.
Speaker 3: Know, you know I you know, as soon as they started, I recognized the scene.
Speaker 2: But more importantly, randall the work.
Speaker 3: Like I was like, wow, like that no compared to I've seen the last time I saw it, you.
Speaker 2: Could have walked away from it. And I didn't see Nia in that character.
Speaker 3: There was another actress, Alexis, but Mia bought it, like I agree with you. I was so invested and I had to keep saying myself, Tracy's stop looking shot because you've.
Speaker 2: Heard the c or. But I was like, is he gonna get out? Yes? It was so good.
Speaker 4: I was like, when's the movie out? When's the movie coming out?
Speaker 2: Like, come on, Joe, It's great. You guys see a great job.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Radville, thank you, Nina, thank you, Elsea, thank you You're welcome. This is the time where I feel sad because we have to say goodbye to our stellar guest, and I just want to say before we get before she leaves us, you guys, go to YouTube on August thirteenth for Bruha, check it out, like it, share it with a friend, do all of that ig social media stuff at a story. I am so blessed. I know you guys are blessed. And this is what I told you in the beginning. You're going to walk away and feel the same thing. And our two actors they also told you the energy and this is.
Speaker 2: Authentic. I just want to thank you for the great conversation. I'm gonna be great.
Speaker 4: I love you, Tracy, I love I'm so grateful to have met you. I thank you so much and generating.
Speaker 2: Well, we were not going anywhere. It don't we'll see it like that, that kind of never going anywhere.
Speaker 4: We are together forever.
Speaker 3: This is just the end of the podcast. Yeah, all right, I want to take it out on the right way. Lucy, He'll be out. Please put your hands together for the amazing, dynamic, phenomenal, outstanding Alexa the Austririoco.
Speaker 2: Love you so much, man, thank you, love you.
Speaker 3: And when we come back from the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore, I'm going to give all the.
Speaker 2: Love I have to you. Welcome to Kudos Corner.
Speaker 11: Kudos Corner is where we celebrate spirited actors by supporting them.
Speaker 2: And loving on them.
Speaker 3: This week's Kudos Corner puts the spotlight on spirited actor Lulu Lopez. Tune into your favorite streaming services to see films featuring Lulu Lopez, including She's Broken, The Raven, Carrollton Bully, The Rico Story, and New to the City, which she wrote, directed, produced and acted in. Lulu will also be featured in upcoming projects including Blended Christmas, Bedridden, and the sequel to the House of Dolls. Kudos to Lulu Lopez and now it's time to get of love. What moves your life in warp speed is gratitude.
Speaker 2: When you think.
Speaker 3: The God, whatever your spiritual belief is, for the things that you have. Now you are actually creating this engine that is starting to ram up even faster to create.
Speaker 2: More of which you are grateful for.
Speaker 3: So when you are not grateful for anything, then you create even more of that.
Speaker 2: But just get in the habit every morning, even.
Speaker 3: If it's just saying thank you for allowing me another day. Be grateful when I give my granddaughter Soriah the littlest things and her face brightens up like I gave her a million dollars.
Speaker 2: That's what soothes my soul. Gratitude.
Speaker 3: Be grateful for what you have be grateful for where you are in your life and know that gratitude can change your future and present state.
Speaker 2: Be greateful.
Speaker 11: Hi everyone, The Spirited Actor Podcast with Tracy Moore now has.
Speaker 2: A YouTube channel.
Speaker 11: You'll get to see exclusive video footage from our podcast taping, as well as your favorite segments from the show. Make sure to like our videos, subscribe to our channel, and share with all your friends.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to also follow us.
Speaker 11: On Instagram at the Spirited Actor and at both Tracy Moore and at The Spirited Actor Podcast with Tracy Moore on.
Speaker 2: Facebook and X.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us on The Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. I look forward to our next Spirited podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you.