Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with b D my Dog. What's up my brother?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: My bro?
Speaker 1: Happy New Years? I see you and Jays. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I ain't brother.
Speaker 1: I had a brother of the big dog means some ress.
Speaker 2: First off, Happy New Year to you as well, brother. Yeah. By my kids are still out of school until until Wednesday. Hey, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: I can imagine.
Speaker 2: I assumed that they were going back to school on Monday, uh till my wife broke the news to me on Sunday that they don't go back to school to Wednesday. And so, you know, the house has been a bit interested that day, a lot of energy, and so I finally made it here. If I lack energy, just know they took it from me. No, already know. I appreciate my brother stuff. I got ten, eight, four and one.
Speaker 1: Damn dude, I got ten and eight, you know, and they just went back to school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got a birthday party.
Speaker 2: Rod.
Speaker 1: I'm been on so many roller coasters like I'm dizzy, you know what I mean. Like I woke up one morning my eyes was crossed, and I didn't know why bro, Because I was on a roller coasters for like every other day over the Christmas break, So I feel you. You know what I mean. I'm just trying to get some balance. I am cooking.
Speaker 2: But before we get into the episode, please make sure y'all subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron David so you don't miss any episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Follow the show on all social media platforms at Draymond's Show so you don't miss none of our announcements. In this episode, we'll be answering questions from the fans. Of course, we're gonna start with some basketball questions because we got to get back into the group. Then we're gonna get some of the more bizarre out there questions you guys asked us. But you know, for the most part the nation, what's happening? The first one from made it to the comp to Draymond. Is there a real beef between you and Zach Edy or is it more Warriors versus Memphis?
Speaker 2: Oh that's an interesting one.
Speaker 1: I mean, before you answer that, I do want to give you credit when you said he plays in the NBA right like that. People don't understand that that is the high. It's compliment to give someone you know what I mean. But people, that's what it is. It's a compliment. It is a high compliment, you know what I mean. And so now you can ask the question about absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The reporter asked me, he's like he thinks Zaidie's a good basketball right in the NBA, A good player, Like he's an NBA player, Like right, what do you mean? I think so many people, like you said, people just get it mixed up, like if you're in the NBA, you do something well in basketball. It's like very like it's the reality of so asking me like is he a good player to kind of.
Speaker 1: Entice something, trying to get.
Speaker 2: Me to go off, like no, he in the NBA, Like I ain't one of these clowns that's going to be like no he sucked, Like no, bro, he in the NBA. Like beleeve it at that. But it is there a real beef whatever I mean, I don't he hasn't done enough in the NBA for their being real beef kind of the way that I interpret it, Uh, what it feels like to me is all right, So you know how I don't know if it's like if someone if someone has been built up to be getting pumped up this bully and which they try to build me up to be is like the big bad bully. Then for him it's like, all right, someone has told me so many times that I can't get bully bodies, dude to where I'm gonna just come.
Speaker 3: Out like overlying agression, So you don't bully me. And the reality is when you do that, being who I am and like the amount of experience that I have with you know just what I do, when you do that, you're kind of overdoing it, and so you kind of show that you're a little softer than most just by overdoing it. And so the way the way that it ends up coming off to me is like they've told him so many times like you gotta go ahead, and then it's just like and it's like, bro, that didn't even make sense, Like Yo, that's like.
Speaker 2: Every time you get near him, he want to like deliver a blow. It's like, yeah, I watch you play and you don't do that. So what that shows me is that someone has told you like yo, you gotta be ready for him, and you gotta do this, and you gotta do that, and it's like over zealous. So no, there's no real beef with Zach Edie and Memphis. You know, we played him in a couple of playoff series, two or three out of the old Grizzlies with the big homie ze Bo and Marcasol you know, and Mike conley Ta. You know, we played them on our rise to greatness and we were able to knock them out on the way to our first anytime you play someone in a in a playoff series, it automatically builds like this strife between you and so then there was kind of that strife amongst us from that, you know, and fast forward we end up playing them again on the way to another championship, and so we beat them again, and when we beat them again, you know, again it creates this like strife of like, and then it really creates the strife. It's one thing if you beat them in the first round and then you losing the second round, it really creates the strife. But I mean really like, it creates a little strife but not crazy. But when you go on and win a championship and you beat them on your way, like the next year they come back, it's really like and that's kind of that's kind of what it is with Memphis, whereas like every time we see them, it's a battle, and in large part due to they haven't beaten us in the playoff series, and so they're like a little they're like the overzealous, you know, team that want to act like it's a rivalry, but it really, you know, it really can't be a rivalry until both teams are winning. Needless to say, there's a competitive respect amongst us that they get up for us and we get up for them, and.
Speaker 1: That's just for sure. I would say that. I would say, like it's almost like this young Memphis squad they came in and they're like, y'all gonna pay attention to us, you feel what I'm saying. It's like, now y'all gonna know, y'all, y'all not gonna treat us like that, you know what I mean? And they and they made themselves, you know what I mean, to one be able to get in the playoffs, to have this record, and so it's kind of like a little brother Bravado. Yep, that's like we gonna keep knocking, We gonna keep knocking. And so it just kind of raised an annie for Big brother to say, Okay, yeah, we're gonna keep fighting too. But you know, we know a lot of things y'all don't know, you know what I mean, And so that experience, you know, at some point, and then when you look at what Memphis needs to accomplish to get over the hump, and you look at Zach Edy, right, it's like you need him to be the enforcer that you miss and Steven Adams, but he has to understand as a young player that you enforce your game, you know what I mean, you force your game. And so I mean to me, it's of course it ain't no beef because he's a young he's a young player, and he's just trying to figure out how to step up, you know what I mean and meet the challenge. And it's just like you're playing against the dude who's done this over and over and over again. So you kind of like if you don't figure it out, he had to mersey anyway, so you know. But at the same time, when you look at the game, it's like, what I don't like, what I feel is unfair, is you're not allowed to do that. Yeah, you feel what I'm saying. And the history of the league is always like the veterans are allowed to like turn young young young men to grown men in the league, absolutely, you know what I mean. And so that's what the league is missing a lot. And I say, like, you know, I said, like you know, just kind of like I know that the rest letting people play. But if you're gonna let people play, then you got to let you know, like basketball is a game of like space, you know what I mean, and how much space can you take up and take advantage? So if somebody get accidentally hit or g have to pull or wrestle to the ground. Not everything is a flagrant foul. Not everything is you know, to go to review and you know what I mean, like not every time somebody go to the hole and fall hard, you know what I'm saying. And so like we gotta we gotta loosen up that because they're not letting you kind of be the vet and and to me, it's kind of you know, excuse my friends, is fucking the game up because you don't have no rivalry, you know what I mean, You don't have like that tussle was a nothing, you know what I mean? Call the first file. Yes, you know what I'm saying call the first foule, Like if you're gonna call a flagrant file, you know what I mean, Like that don't make no that don't make no sense when you wrapping somebody up. People have wrapped up plenty of times, you know what I mean, going to the hole in worse situations. And so if if we call in it to protect these young dudes, and if you're calling it protection, that ain't really enough protection because they should be the ones who kind of like get groomed in the being. He should be doing that to the next young senate that's coming in the league five six years from now.
Speaker 2: That's that's the way it used to be. And you know, like when I came in the league, obviously when you came in, Like I remember z Bo doing me like this, and Mark Jackson said to me like, wow, you're gonna let him patch your head like that, and it was it was it was such a moment for me of like I don't let nobody touch my head, but that's my big homie. Like a part of me wanted to like like yeah, yeah, but the reality is it's like that's the og. Like as much as I want to knock up like like, man, touch my head. I'm gonna get a call from Tom Izo the next day. I'm gonna get a call from my team Cleans the next day, and Jason richardson the next day. And I'm an own get those calls and Zbo even allow me to make it to that call, because how dare you disrespect me to big homie, like just put street. I don't even know you're making it to that call because of what I've done to you already, Like you ain't making they're not even going to make it right, Like that's that's That's how I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, certain levels, And.
Speaker 2: So when you look at this league though, So for instance, we played the Lakers on was it Christmas Day? Yeah, Christmas Christmas, and I got attack because Darnum Connect called me a little bit see and I said, shut up, I got attack now. Mind you, the referee is standing on this side and looking straight at him talk to me, and then I got attack, which is insanity. And so then fast forward the Grizzlies game to start to play. I'm going for the rebound, I get shoved in the back by a rookie. Then I fire hard wrap him up, like don't don't don't let him. He outweighs me by ninety pounds and nine inches m So I'm not filing soft and giving up a layup like and then I get a flagrum file. So after you not call it on the rookie, then I get attacked. It's crazy, Like when I came in the league, you're a rookie, you just you don't get a call like that's just not what's happening. Like and referees would tell you like, man, if you don't get out of my face, you know, got no resume, Like referees would say that to you, like that'll take you off, Like why why do you think I should call something for you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Like referees would say that. And so when people say something's wrong with the game, it's the same thing that's wrong a lot of times in the streets. The hierarchy is gone, so there's no respect to those and what they went through before you. And in our league, you got that's two games in a row against rookies. That against a champion, All Star, defensive player of the year, I get techn flag and files over a rookie, So then they never have to earn nothing. So then because you never have to earn nothing. There's never any animosity, there's never any to grant, none of that. And so you get contracts off potential, you get respect off a draft position. Yeah, and they never have to earn anything. And so then you say, well, what's wrong with the game. You tell me what young guy is a rival to? What young guys? Oh wait, oh wait you want.
Speaker 1: It ain't no rivals. It ain't no rivals. It ain't no beef, it ain't no like you know what I mean? And now I think that's what the league need. You know, even I mean going back to the episode of episodes of Coach from Boston, like maybe we need a scrap, you know what I mean, Not like we really need a scrap, but we need that mentality is gone, the passion, you know what I mean, intensity to like no, we're not giving up, no layups, you know what I mean, Like no, no, none of this funny ship is going down. And you know the B word is not even tolerated. Bro, that's listen crazy hey dog? You know KG?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So KG, cold blooded, KG, a cold piece of work. Were playing at Golden State, he playing for Minnesota. Somebody filed KG after got who found He said, I'm tired of all these B words. Yes, and he said it again now back in our air. The referee couldn't even give KG the ball until he identified who is you talking to? Hire this? He was like, man, playball, play ball. I was like, oh, bro, what are you talking to? Who are you talking to? Leave that ball and get that ball out of here? The leg game all that we need answers. But when you know KG, that's like he trying to get under your skin, you know what I mean. And I was like, damn, okay, that's his psych out. But that word is not even tolerated, especially from a rookie, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And a rookie that's what It's just not the word. How about this.
Speaker 1: I got an interest in you here in the summertime.
Speaker 2: I got an interest in one for you. I got word that came back to me that came from a reporter that Zach Edy was told by a referee. Hey, don't let him get in your head. Now, that's insane. Don't let him get in your head. Bro. You might as well put a polo on and go sit on their bench.
Speaker 1: That's sweek At.
Speaker 2: The rate that you're going to a player on another team and saying, hey, don't let him get in your head a rookie at that.
Speaker 1: You might as well give him a bottle and start nursing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. That's what Those are the things that's going on in the NBA today.
Speaker 4: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are get in on the action of DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is a key to winning in the NFL playoffs, and the key to you scoring big is betting on them at DraftKings, the number one place about touchdowns. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple a player scoring a touchdown, go to Draft King sports Books app, download it, make your pick. Here's another reason to watch your favorite players crush it on the playoffs. If you're a new customer, you bet five bucks. That's it, five bucks, get two hundred in bonus bets instantly by betting just five bucks, So score big Draft King sports Book during the playoffs. Download the app. Use the code colin cli n That will get you two hundred bucks in bonus bet So if you want two hundred dollars in bonus bets. You got to put in the code Colin only on Draft King sportsbook. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and Why or text hope and why four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours, zephter issuins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkn dot co. Slash audio.
Speaker 2: In that same game, I get a text for saying boom on the three.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was the next question. How and when when you start? When did you start saying boom? I like that, though, Hey, the boom with the boom, you know what's crazy?
Speaker 2: So we kind of start saying that last year or I shoot the three and you know, we hit them with the boom, and it's me and then the whole bench Shoin and av really lit the leader of the charge, and they va ring he the leader of the consortium with me from the bench side and we and we shoot, I'll shoot it. They go boom. So I say it on the court, you know what. And my thing to them was like they all look when I don't say it, they be like, yo, we over here running back.
Speaker 1: I hit the three boom Like I like that, that's okay.
Speaker 2: That's when I get to text for the boom in the same game that I hit a flagrant file for. And by the way, on the flagrant file, I hit the ball on top of that right like. So again, these are just the things that's going on in the NBA. And again you asked why you wonder why the ratings are down.
Speaker 1: That's a momentum killer.
Speaker 2: That's because I didn't want to see some young guy that ain't proving nothing get star treatment like that. Nobody paying to see that.
Speaker 1: And they got superstars on the team. Yeah, like you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, like, I don't need me and j'all was talking like that to each other. If I found j'all like that, he wouldn't get that type of treatment. But you got rookies getting that type of tree because referees, you know, they probably feel like they've been beat up on a little too much over the years, and so they trying to They don't know, man, it's weird out here. It's weird. It's real weird out here. And they just got to figure out what these people paying to see?
Speaker 1: What's the wow? What kind of intense what's the intensity level? We need some storyline, some backstories. It needs to be you know, it need to be big brother beat up on little brother and then little brother fight back and start punching, and then that's that's how you build a rivalry. But you cannot like they got you know, like and and I do give a shout out to Memphis because they trying to earn they ship, you know what I mean. However tactics or whatnot. But Jah and them young dudes, they trying to earn. They trying to earn their stripes, you know what I mean. And you got a lot of young okay, see, they trying to earn their stripes, you know what I mean, even like a Houston, they trying to earn they stripes. Put their name out there, you know what I mean put theyself in position.
Speaker 2: And Detroit pistonsss.
Speaker 1: Cracking. And yeah, I wasn't even on the East. I was just thinking about, you know, the West. But the Pistons is cracking, you know what I mean. Orlando cracking, Cleveland cracking, and like you got people like trying to make a name for themself. And the history of the game is like somebody had to overcome Tim Duncan and Shack, you know what I mean, Like, uh, Kobe and Tim Duncan. Like people had to overcome somebody, you know what I mean, from the superstar level, from the team superstar level. But like the ship wasn't easy. And if you start watering and ship, if you start watering the ship down, you know what I mean. And like there's no pecking like the league is about pecking order. It's all it's always been about, you know what I mean, Like it's it's always been about packing order. Do I think I'm gonna get a call on GP or Jason kl But ever, hey, I'm not gonna stop fighting, you know what I mean. I'm not gonna stop fighting. But like you can't take the fight, you can't take the fight out of out of the game when it's lesser value players cannot get more attention in the superside. What is the best Steph Curry tries to talk you've heard from him or any teammate, And that's from Hunter Bumgardner eleven.
Speaker 2: I think the one where Steph was talking to Jaylen Brown when he hits a shot faked and he stepped and hit the three out the buzzer and he started pointing. He took his mouth piece out. Yeah, start pointing out what he was saying to Jaylen Brown right there in that moment. Point like what he was saying that jay Le Brown was one of my favorite moments. I'll give you three of my favorite moments. That one was one of my favorite moments when Clay hit the three and Dylan Brooks fell over and Clay ran over to him and point in his face while on the ground. I really enjoyed that moment. And Kad just had all these slick one liners. Man that Kate had hit you with a crazy one liner, like out of nowhere. And I would enjoy those moments. And then from my rookie year, Kendrick Perkins was on the Oklahoma City Thunder and you know we're a young up and coming team. Not even up and coming. We just young steph you know, getting off the ankle surgeries. Clay had an end decent end of a rookie year. Were just young and Jared Jackson our team. So Kendrick Perkins, you know he had I just won the championship a few years prior with Boston, got his contracting. Okay, See, you know he's feeling himself. He talking to our bitch. And I'm a bark I'm always bar been barking. But you know when you were a rookie again, back to rookie like that ain't really carrying no way. I'm barking. You're gonna hear me bark with they like, man, shut up? Like you have't got no stripes? How are you like? Shut up? Bro, Always keep barking, that's I am. But they ain't hearing none of that. So Jared Jack, being a vet that he is being around this league, knows that y'all can keep talking and they ain't gonna listen, like because y'all ain't done nothing right. So Jack start barking. And Jack, if you know Jack, Jack, don't get into it with many people. Jack ain't That's like Jack only gonna come in at the point where it's like hey, man, enough like that's when Jack gonna say something. And so Jack finally like, yo, bro, you keep talking over here like play the game man, and Kendrick Perkins start talking junk to Jack like yeah, and he mentions his contract. I think at that time Perk had just signed four for thirty two, if I'm not mistaken, which again at that time was big money, which again eight million dollars a year is still a lot of money, not in real life, but I'm just talking about in terms of the NBA salary at the time, that's big money. I think at the time the max salary is like fourteen perk Yeah, to the bench, You're like, yeah, something about his bag, like I got paid, and Jack like Jack going back and like, man, you ain't like that, like keep yelling over here. He's like, oh, I got paid. I made this money, and Jack was like, people make mistakes every day. People make mistakes every single day.
Speaker 1: You trash.
Speaker 6: I really enjoyed it because it was one of them ones where your back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really enjoyed that one. I really that was one of my favorite ones. Shout out to my boy Jared Jack This one next question from Groundcover Farm. Does Winby have the capacity to change the game with the same impact as Steph?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. I mean when when I listen to you and how you talk about like defenses change for stuff right and like coverages and a whole different style. I look at Wemby and say, like, Yo, this this dude is still a kid, right, and you know he has every opportunity different than stuff coming in, you know what I mean, to like be a superstar from the get go.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: Steph is iconic because he is self made. He is a self made superstar and a self made iconic upper echelon player and a game changer. Winby came in the game as a game changer, you know what I mean. And so I think from an impact perspective, You're not one. He's he's he's a rarity, you know what I mean. And so there there could be as it has already become a trend of highly skilled big guys, you know what I mean. Like we've seen Joker and was like, damn, dude, like a point center. That's crazy. Now you see it Winby and it's like a seven six shooting guard, you know, what I mean. And you saw KD and it was like, damn a seven foot shooting guard, you know what I mean. And so like this dude is he got he got a little KD you know what I mean. He learning how to be a little yannist this year, you know what I mean. He's just he's he just looks like a sponge that's having the best time out there, you know what I mean. And he ain't afraid to go for the greatest you know what I mean, the greatest title, the great you know what I mean, the greatest thing.
Speaker 2: That I think. Hell no, there's a zero percent chance Wmby's impact can be the same or even remotely close to stuff. And HER's why Wemby is as special of a player as we've seen coming probably possibly in the history of the NBA. And that's why he can't have the impact because you just can't be seven six or seven five or whatever being related all he is like nobody's just going to be seven six and want to do and like want to do what Wimby do. One of the reasons Steph has had such a large impact on the game that he had is because he looked like everybody sighs. And so because he looked, everybody sighs. Everybody thinks I can be stepp regardless of how athletic I am. I can learn to shoot the ball. And if I could shoot the lights out the ball and I can run all day and I can work on my handle, I can be stepped. The reality is where they failed to realize, is no, you can't, because his shot is like god given with a god given work ethic that tops is topped by maybe two people. Ever, like, so you know his ball handling, like Steph has an uncanny ability with his hands in general, Like we go bowling, he gonna bowl to something, even if he ain't bowled in five years. If we go golf, y'all obviously all know he's great at that. If we go to the batting cages, he's gonna hit home runs. If we go to a ping pong tournament, he gonna be at the final table. Like he has this uncanny ability with his hands and his hand eye coordination, which is another thing. And so again like, yes, you can practice these things. Once somebody wants to ask me, like, yo, why you're gonna shoot with the same archist Steph? I said, what why you don't shoot with the same arcist Steph. So why would you ask me that? Like, do you think I wouldn't want to shoot with the same arcis staff or do you like, do you think it's that simple to shoot with that type of arc every time you shoot the ball? Do you know what goes into a jump shot? Do you know how every part of your body gotta be on one accord at the same time to get that rhythm every time? Do you know how hard it is to master a shot to where it looked the same every time. I don't even understand why you asked me that. Nonetheless, I said all of that to say no, Like, so I just don't think because people aren't going to see Wimby and be like, oh I can be that like no, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't that.
Speaker 2: No, But.
Speaker 1: I gotta challenge you on this because Wimby comes from the Steph tree, right, So shooting threes, yeah, right for sure? Due And what makes him different is he's the actual first player you've ever seen in your life that was created on two K. Right, So like the kids, the kids is like charging up their two K characters to be set like this was stuff we would we would we would do what we would do? You are my player? Oh yeah, I want my dude seven six with a handle coundug block shots, you know. And now it's like, oh shit, it's a real it's a real, like two k my player like in the NBA. You feel what I'm saying. Listen, I can agree with that BD, And so tracking tracking his stats because of this era. This era is based on you know, stats and analytics and his pace. He's on pace to transcend a lot of categories from if he stays healthy and have the longevity and you know, the career and if they can build around him, but individually from like getting off getting out the blocks, like bro, he he on pace to like be a game changer.
Speaker 2: I think I think all of that is I think I agree with all of that, and all of those things are true. But like right now, he counted the center, but he counted the two. Yeah, And I just think, like even if you look at Kd's game, KD, when when KD came into the league, KD was a two. He was a shooting guard. When he came into the league in Seattle, he was the starting shooting guard as KD career went career went on, he became a three, then he became a four, and nobody gonna want to admit it, but KD had his most dominant and most successful years at the three and four, right, And it's not it's not a knock to KD that he had his most successful years at the three and four. What happened was it allowed everybody else to form their roles once he moved to those positions. And with Wimby, where Wmby is going to why I don't think it's going to happen is how long can he play that way and not win at a high level, like and they're winning more this year, But in order to win at a high level, meaning in the playoffs, as you know, you need everybody to be clicking on all sillers, like you need everybody to be filling their role when you're trying to win at a high level. And so for Wimby, I think at some point he's going to have to learn when to move out of the way. And I can't just trail into this three. I can't just come down like right now. Wimby's also and no one really talks about this. Wimby's benefiting, right, now off of his naiveness. You know, he's benefiting off of not knowing how to play basketball right now and just playing off of short talent and shore ability. Right now. That's cool because he in year two. No one's accepting that in year six, and so you're a year six, but he was accepting you doing that. He got four years, he got so he's gonna be. That's fine, but it's just gonna.
Speaker 1: Be next year. He gonna put up even better.
Speaker 2: And that's next year. But if they don't win, if they don't win, then he's gonna become That's just part of this. Don't be when they if they don't win, because everybody else can't really fill their roles the way them roles need to be filled and they don't win, then people are gonna start attacking you for doing that. And then it's an issue that you're doing that, and and and a whole other thing comes with it. It ain't just like, oh, you just get to play as long as you can and figure it out. No, that pressure starts their mound. You're supposed to be that dude. Oh you ain't want it yet. Oh now you're trying to figure that out. So then it becomes less about oh my god, look how he just came across half court and in his mind is gonna become So I have to do what I gotta do win And that may mean I need to slide to this blo talk a little more. I just don't see it happening.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: And here here's my gonna be as special as they come.
Speaker 1: But here's my thesis around this. I got one be on my team. I better hurry up and figure out a role if I want to stay around.
Speaker 2: That's fine, you know, yeah, but but but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got a league. But it's also it take a team. So somebody else gotta step up, right and somebody or or they gotta go build a team around him to build winners and build a winning system because san Antonio gotta win an ecosystem. They gotta go get they gotta go those dudes in San Antonio right now. Like the problem with Wenby is he don't have a job moret type of personality, you know what I mean, And he don't Chris Paul. Yeah, but Chris Paul is not a young dude that's ready to bark up your chest, you know what I mean? Like San Antonio they ain't barking at y'all. They just out there playing basketball.
Speaker 2: And they're not gonna bring in a guy that's like that. That's not their culture.
Speaker 1: And Antonio was cocky, arrogant, you know what I.
Speaker 7: Mean, arrogance though they weren't just barking up the chimney. They never chimney that, no, but they had they had it. It was it was they had a championship pedigree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, y'all not.
Speaker 1: Gonna beat us, You'll not smart enough, you know what I mean, Like, haha, y'all win it right now, you're gonna walk y'all down. They had all all of that is one thou right or Detroit Pistons or like with these young dudes now they got like a little fight, like hold on, Drey, mind, you ain't gonna punk us, you feel what I'm saying. What I'm saying for San Antonio is they don't have no young dudes yet that I see, not even Winby, you know what I mean, or somebody to ride with Winby to be like hold on, bro, like we barking up y'all tree too, We on our way back, you know what I mean. And so right now it's just like, Okay, we showcasing talent to your point. But I think for him because he's so naive and he's watching everybody, bro, you know what I mean, He's why he's a sponge in the game. He's going to He's going to push himself to win. That's the only way that he's going to exist as a phenomenon. And I think he actually has the personality and the game to actually to want that. You feel what I'm saying for sure, So like, but they gotta get some dogs around him, and they got to start standing up for theyself because if you're relying on Chris Paul to do that, Like Chris Paul is supposed to be the dude that calm y'all down and make sure y'all playing basketball, y'all should be doing everything else, you know what I mean, and just play it off a sheer force, share energy, you know what I mean, and like trying to be somebody everybody trying to claim a name is something and not going off a highlight or a good game or some ship like that.
Speaker 2: You feel what I'm saying, Oh yeah, I feel it. And you can see that they don't have that. You know why, because Russ is standing there doing we be like yeah, yeah, Russell, don't touch my hair, Russe, say what you're gonna do?
Speaker 1: Come on, dude, like you know what I mean, like right right, and they you know, it's like, ain't a vet over there, and you know what I mean, Like Chris Paul can tell him. Hey, you know Chris Paul gonna give him the ism. Hey, bro, don't ever know nobody sung you like that? You feel what I'm saying, Like, I don't give a ship. So he got to develop a meanness. Yes, right, he's got to be me Right now, he's just talent, having fun naive. But soon like soon as it click, and it's like, oh I gotta be a could assassin, a killer. I gotta be thinking about every aspect of the game. So then I'm the show, not just like oh I'm going to the guard. I'm gonna put up forty and you know, if we win, we win. If we don't, it's like, no, you gotta go now become I mean, Yanni's did it, you know what, Johanna's did it, and I think you know this kid got talented to do it, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, JT did it. Well, he came in he was young, talented, gott it with Brin in the conference finals, right, but like didn't quite have it. Couldn't get over the hunk. Yeah, a couple more times. Couldn't get over Jimmy Butler right then he plays, couldn't get over the hunk. He developed that you developed that you.
Speaker 1: Have to have to you got you like and and for him, he as a young dude, he had a lot of success early. Yes, to keep you know what I mean, he keep knocking at the door. He may not be saying nothing, but like now when you look at him, you know what I mean, it's like there's some fire there, you know what I mean. Because he won it so bad. Bro, he won it so bad, and now they want a championship, you know what that feel like. It's a different level to his game this year where you're like, I'm a finisher, I'm a closer, you know what I mean. Like now they're starting to sync up. And so I think Wemby he is sponge, he got you know what I mean? And so he can he can be the personality that the San Antonio Spurs never was, you know what I mean, he has a freedom to do that, right And and and with a little bit of meanness with his personality, takes san Antonio and now it's like, okay, now you know it's it's a wild, wild West. And you know Winby is whatever nickname people gonna give him that don't sound like Wimby.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You know for sure, I listen, I agree with you one hundred percent. I think Wimby does have that level of talent. I think he has that r around him that people can you know, feed off of, and that can become a larger than life personality, which he already is larger than life. I think he has all of that. I just go back to the original question, Uh, can he change the game like Steph? And I still stand by my answer. The reason I think no is because in order for him to eventually win, he's not going to be as able to play as random, and then you just become if you're not able to play as random as he is right now, you become one of the most special players we've ever seen. But as far as changing the game, we can't change to be Wimby like we can.
Speaker 1: But he can change the game as far as all right, ain't gonna be no little dudes running around here shooting threes. You're gonna have to stock up on some seven footers like he could if he developed that trade. You stock up on seven footers now. Now now people are drafting different because they like, well, shit, we got six files and winn't be filing people, you know what I mean? He filing people out, he playing in the block.
Speaker 2: In order for him to do that, though, he's gonna have to get put on more weight because right now, like for instance, Russ was guarding him in that game, and it's no knock to winby, it's just that Rus's gonna get underneath you. He's going to get physical. He's stronger than you already for sure, so he like but no, But what I'm saying is, in order to do what you're saying also, he's going to have to get way stronger, because if you're saying that, he's going to make you have to go draft more seven footers that can shoot. That's not necessarily going to be the case if you can guard him with a six to six guy, because they're going to try to be physical and get on nerneath him. You see what I'm saying, So, right, got to get stronger. So that you then have to put a seventh footer on me, because the sixth foot guy can't do nothing, so it now has to be a seventh footer. And the only way he can match me is if he can shoot the three ball as well. Then that starts to because.
Speaker 1: It's I gave you that post I get. I gave you a whole little post post package. You'll never you'll never have to worry about a little dude standing you up in the post man call one eight hundred bard, oh mil I got you, man, You know what I mean? That's all he needs. Once he get Once he learned how to take it, like he don't even know he's seven six, bro, you know what I mean, Like he don't know he's seven six in the NBA. He's just talented, he's young, he's enthusiastic. But once he starts figuring out way, hold on, bro, I'm this close to the basket. I ain't even got a jump, blocking everything, getting every rebound, every putback. Okay, this is how I'm gonna get my forty twenty and twelve, no doubt. And then I'm gonna shoot my threes and all that to show like, okay, you know this is out of flow, but man, I'm gonna leave the when he decided he wants to leave the league in points in the paint, I think he can do it.
Speaker 2: But moving around the league, we got Julian I for thirty seven ninety two. What do you think about the seven game suspension of Jimmy Butler? And why do you think they did that?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm kind of on the fence with it, you know what I mean. Like, for one, it's like, man, somebody, you know I've been I've been in that situation before where it's like, man, I don't want to be here, y'all don't really want me here, you know what I mean? And like, man, just gonna put me out of my misery and trade me, you know what I mean? And so you know you can I can understand why the Heat did it, you know what I mean? And look, man, everybody, then they didn't tip the iceberg, you know what I mean, Like Jimmy won out and even though the Heat may not may or may not want to trade him or whatnot, like this dude ain't about to help you get to where you want to get to, unhappy, you know what I mean? Like you know to me, he like, you know, he had emotional you know what I mean, and like that's that's his gift and his curse, you know what I mean. And so when you got a guy like that who play on his emotions and his attitude and his confidence and everything that he's built himself and his essentric character is really based off, you know, his emotional presence. His dog is like you know what I mean, Like he got heart like and so somebody who play with his heart on his sleeve, if his heart is hurt or bruised or anything is feeling hurt, like, you gonna get twenty five percent of him because he can't get past the heartache, you know what I mean. And so I think you know him and the Miami heat, they and a heartbreak moment, you know what I mean. And it's like, well, shit, you gotta you may have to suspend him because you know, it's like you about to get seven games of him going through, you know, all the emotions that he going through being somewhere he don't want to be, you know what I mean. With with some people, with the way that they're handling it too, it's really like all right, you can leave too, you know what I mean, It's like, well, if I can leave, like let me go, you know. And so you know, it kind of feel like you know with Jimmy, and it's emotional, you know, like how he is as an emotional player, you ain't gonna be able to get no wins, you know, with him not being all the way locked in and playing with his full you know, freedom and capability and you know what I mean, and it's confidence and all that. Like that kind of happened to me, Dre when I was in New Orleans, different situation because I was heard by Scott that came in New Coach and like I remember me and bar Scott. It wasn't me and Barn Scott that really didn't hit it off. I have problems with management because my back was hurt. I needed rehaf They thought I was a pre Madonna, you know what I mean. And it's like, man, I can't survive a Bar Scott practice, if you know what I mean, I ain't all the way right. And then I get on the court and I ain't who I'm supposed to be, and you know what I mean, you going through all this and at the same time, that's when I got traded from New Orleans to Goden State. It was like, yo, you know, I remember Alan Brusk. So it was even a moment where you know, he kind of like ran up on me, you know what I mean. He came from the stands, ran up on me, like, man, who do you think you are? I said, bro, take one more step, Freeze.
Speaker 2: Who is Alan Briscoe?
Speaker 1: Old school buster?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: One of them old school busters? But he was the GM and he come running. You know, Barrin, we have practice. I kind of practiced like because I'm in rehab and then in New Orleans like the rehab like an hour away, you know what I mean. So I came running down man, I thought, I told you Prima Donna bo. I said, hey, Freeze, don't take one more step on me. And then bar scouts like what's going on? I said, okay, I'm out. You know what I mean, y'all gonna have to train me. And I never forget it was the trade deadline. And I said, piece to all the people in the in the facility, you know what I mean, trainers and set outside that man office and he came out and he said, well, let's trade that line look like you're gonna be here for the year. I said, Man, if you don't take your ass back half of me here and trade me, I'm not fucking around. I'm gonna say right here, So you tell me. I don't care which team at this point, you know what I mean. And that's how I got traded to go to Stay. But I can understand, like when you had a breaking point and it's like I need to go because now my feelings is hurt, y'all, feelings is hurt, y'all. Miss got a misperception, you know what I mean. Like the relationship with the coach ain't ain't even off to the right foot in the foundation. And now you know, with Jimmy being there, that's a whole different situation, right because he been, he been to the top with these dudes, and so like when you feel like you're not appreciated, you know what I mean, or you feel like you've been pushed out, or you feel like you're being you know, pointed out as like you'd escape go like it's hard to play, you know. And I think they just at the at the end of day rope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I think they definitely are at the end of the rope. I've actually been hearing for the last couple of years that they were kind of tired of Jimmy. Jimmy was kind of tired of them. I think Jimmy was kind of a little more so enjoying just living in Miami and not I'm not one of those media people that make up stories. I'm not saying enjoying living in Miami like Jimmy's a party. Jimmy don't go out, So I'm not saying that. I'm just like, but living in Miami is a beautiful thing, and so I think he just enjoyed more so his life and what comes with him being in the face of the Miami heat. Again, Jimmy's a very serious guy, takes his craft very serious, works his ass off. So I don't want this to come off the wrong way. I just think like he had a good thing there where he's going to NBA Finals, you know, he's the man in Miami, and I think all of those things made what he was going through bearable. That's what I'm trying to get at. And I think it's just reached a point now where you like, what do I have left three more years? Maybe I'm gonna live in Miami for the rest of my life after three years anyway, you know, so, I think you start to get to that point where Jimmy, also Jimmy competitive as they come, wants to win a championship. And so the actual seven game suspension, I think my question about it would be watch seven, like why not five? What was the significance with it being said? You know what I'm saying, like, that's that to me?
Speaker 1: But I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I mean outside of it just being like why seven, Like why so random? I think my only thing is looking at what I believe the outcome is going to be, and what I believe the outcome is going to be very I was like, oh man, Jimmy's going here, Jimmy's on there. I think two things is one of two things are going to happen. It's just my opinion. I think pat Riley is pat Raley like and y'all have heard the stories of who pat Rally is and how pat Rally is just like I have. I can see two things happening. I can see pat Riley sending Jimmy Butler to a team an organization that he'd absolutely hate. This garbage I could also see pat Riley saying, hey, go home for the rest of the year.
Speaker 6: Just go home.
Speaker 2: We'll pay you. It's fine, go home. We're not trading you anywhere. And I could see that scenario as well. But the scenario that I don't see, I don't see it just playing out in Jimmy back with the man and Jimmy being who Jimmy is. I don't see that. I think it's too far past going. When stuff start getting to the media, when stuff start getting public, it's no longer in your control anyway. It is completely taken over by public opinion, and it's just hard to make it worse. So I think they reached the end of the road.
Speaker 1: And if you see how he was playing, you know what I mean, it's almost like I can't even have that energy around when I didn't see the game, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: If you're playing on the West, you don't see me in the Eastern Conference games, so I didn't see any of that.
Speaker 1: It's just almost like you can't well, you can't stake nothing in that, you know what I mean, Like you can't put no eggs in that basket because you know.
Speaker 2: The basket.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying right, They're like you can you can you can see it, you can feel it, and you know, I feel like if I was a heat fan, you know what I mean, it's just helling. There's too much intensity around it. And I understand. I mean, I can understand that because even when I used to go sit on the bench at the games when I was hurt in New Orleans and then dick Out was the point guard, man, I used to hear people yelling at me like he's better than them anyway, okay, but the fans start developing a disdain because of the media, because of the end print. And now you're like, hold on, man, like I can be done with this, you know what I mean, Let me go somewhere anywhere. And I do agree with you. I do think that if I'm Miami, you know, why would I send him to a contender. I'm sending them somewhere I can go, get me some pieces rebuild, you know, I think that's what that's what it's on. Pat Riley mind, you know what I mean. Pistons are five hundred for the month of January for the first time since twenty eighteen. I just watched the Pistons Game five against the Lakers Championship Game. I was watching Bill Wallace. He was going off Pistons, Bro, how does it feel? You know what I mean? I know you got a you know, some sentimental value for your Pistons, your homegrown boys. How you feel about you know what they building?
Speaker 2: I think what they're doing is great. They got some young pieces. I think they got one and K Countyham. Uh, they have salary cap space, they got draft picks, they got everything you need to head in the right direction. Uh, Trajan Lane. Then as the general manager, it's on him. It's on him to get it right, Like you got everything in front of you that you need. And I think, you know, JB was a great hire. He's getting the best out of them young guys.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, they got young, hungry guys that want to compete, which I love. I think, you know, wish j Nivy at Speedy Recovery sus to see him go down. He was kind of having a breakout year, you know what I'm saying, becoming a player that everybody thought he'd become out of Notre Dame. You know. So, I think the league is always better when you have the teams that's been at the bottom starting to rise up, and the way the Pistons been playing, like you know, for years, you look at the Pistons and you're like, oh, this is an easy game. They don't play hard. They are trash blah blah blah. Not anymore like you're looking at them now, like yo, they coming in and they are competing at an elite level. So it's good to see those guys playing the way they playing. Like I said, you possibly got one of them ones. And in young K countyhead. You know, you start seeing those young stars being built now by night in the NBA, and I think K can be one of those guys, and so really good to see. It's great to see young Thompson back. I get to Thompson twenty is mixed up. I think it's a man that's in I think a man is in Houston if I'm not mistaken, but I could be absolutely wrong. But you know, to see the Timpson twin back out there after what he was dealing going through medically and seeing him back defensively being an animal and catching lives, I think the Pistons headed in the right direction, man, And it's fun to watch I enjoy seeing it. And they young, you know, so they got a full run way ahead of them to go do it. And like I said, it's on trading langdon to get it done, to make sure they got the pieces to continue to build and put those pieces in place, not get over zealous and think you are ahead of where you are too soon and make a bad move that set you back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I agree, I agree, I agree, I agree. When I look at the Pistons, I see a big culture change, right and it's good to see the Detroit Pistons playing and shout out to my boy k Cunningham because last year, like they won a couple of close games, they lost a lot of close games. They lost a lot of games that they could have won, should have won. And I think, you know, when we talk about winby, when we talk about the evolution of somebody becoming an All Star, I look at Kate Cunningham and like, yo, man, that dude is an All Star having an All Star year and may not get it this year, but definitely next year. But I want to see somebody like that in the All Star because now he's starting to become a finisher, you know what I mean? And like with these young dudes, they've learning how to finish games, and he's leading them, you know what I mean. He hitting the big shots, he's making the past, he doing all of it all. He's doing all all of it. So it's good to see Detroit as a brand because you know, we love Detroit. We love all the great the legends that come you know, from the city, from around you know, just the Michigan area. But the Pistons being back in the league, you know what I mean, and being somebody that's so force we got, I want, you know, we want to see what that evolution look like. I'm excited about that. Do you think Okay, see versus the Cavs is an NBA Finals preview.
Speaker 2: I think it's a possible NBA Finals preview. You know, two teams playing great basketball, growing and coming into their own young talent, young guard talent.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Both teams got some good bigs obviously, Okay see shorthanded without check. But you know, I think both teams got a lot of depth, uh, kind of the contrasting two different styles though, well, okay, see the ball sticks a little more. You know, you gotta guard your man, Cleveland. That ball is humming Man. They moving that ball, you turn your head, the ball going up the way with three like and so it's the contrast to two different styles. Reminds me a bit of the coming up and coming Golden State Warriors trying to make their name with some with a young core and okay, see, reminds me of Houston, even Cleveland, but not as much Cleveland more Houston. But what I mean by that is you got one guy controlling everything. And if you think about those James Harden led Houston teams, Shay Gilgris, Alexander, one guy controlling everything, obviously got other guys getting off bron one guy controlling everything. Then obviously you had Kyrie doing what Kyrie does. Jaylen Williams, you know what I'm saying. Like, and so I see the similarities in these teams and kind of those teams when we were coming through uh and and and the real Heyday, and I think it's beautiful to watch. But you know, I think I think for Cleveland where they're going to have to take that next step, and I think they've done a good job of it with the system that they've built with Kenny Atkinson coming in and the system they've built. Donovan Mitchell has historically struggled in the playoffs, and so with Cleveland, with Donovan being your go to guy like Shay gonna get his he's shown you that Donovan has historically struggled in the playoff and I think they have to be aware of that and already be ahead of time trying to figure out what we need to put in place to come back that if he struggles again, you know, because that can hinder their their chance at being one of those teams in this finals, and that can hinder their chance of being a team. That's a part of an NBA Finals preview.
Speaker 1: It is very hard for a guard and a guard led team to get you all the way where you need with no type of three four you know what I mean, potent presence, That's what I would say. Now, there are exceptions to the rules because you have exceptional guards you think Steph Clay, but you also have the balance of Harris and Bars, Eggan daland Jaymon Green Andrew Bogan, David.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So you're still staple, you know what I mean in the interior, and so you know, I would say on the Cleveland side, you know, Darius Garland, my boy, Donovan Mitchell. They have the talent to do it, you know what I mean. Yes, what they need and where I think is going to be critical for them is Evan Mowbley has to really become twenty in ten, you know what I mean. He gotta really become twenty and ten, and they got to really use him as somebody who is close to the basket can get fouls, create files, right because you know you it's just put a lot down the stretch and in the playoffs, it's gonna put a lot of pressure on Donovan Mitchell to get to the hole to shoe jumpers. Darius Garland gets to the hole. Shoe jumpers make plays, you know. The playoffs like that floor strength you know what I mean, and I think advantage to okay see, because the strength floor just means you got to play some one on one defense and now you gotta deal with a dude who just can't be stopped, you know what I mean, And like you know, no matter how tight the space you know, okay see, I think you know that third factor is going to be you know how checked you know what I mean, integrates himself into that system because they got a lot of talent, right, They got a lot of dudes who can do a lot of things. Harkenstein is solid. They you know what I mean, Like they're investing in size, you know what I mean. But they're gonna need check to step up, you know what. They're gonna need Jalen Williams to play that.
Speaker 2: You know he struggled last playoffs too. Stuff.
Speaker 1: You need that Batman, Robbin, you need that, you know what I mean. You need those two you know, superpowers. But you know they also gotta they gotta get through that West, you know what I mean. And so okay, Cleveland has the matchup uh capabilities for any team in the East. Okay, See they can fuck around and get the wrong matchup. And now that first.
Speaker 2: Round, you know what I mean, appreciate it. You're getting tackled, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It becomes it becomes a little bit harder for them to like it from one round, and like, you know, the fight to fight, the fight gotta come from you know. Now, these talented kids, you got Dort, you know what I mean, Wiggans, Isaiah, Like one of these dudes is gonna have to become somebody, you know what I mean for them outside of shutting yep.
Speaker 2: No, that's the fact and the reality is the fight on the way can sometimes cost you, Yeah, because a tough fight along the way, it takes a lot. You may win the battle, yep, but over the course of time, it may cost you the war, you know what I'm saying. And so that's that's definitely something you always have to be livery uh in the Western Conference because it's just it's just a little different.
Speaker 1: And inexperienced Clipton last year, yes, and and then I also would saying inexperienced Clip did make them hungry, but they didn't get the experience that they needed to like have that next level of getting over the hump. So now they got to go through new familiar terrain, the unfamiliar terrain if they're going on a quest to the finals, right, because like, we ain't did this round, so we gotta we didn't beat Dallas. You know you have to watch right, you know what I mean? And you have to watch Dallas go to the finals, right, ye, you know what I'm saying. So like, yeah, you got that, but like you didn't win that series, so you don't know what that next round felt like. The next round felt like, so you're fighting also against unfamiliar territory and new terrain, so you know, a little different from Okay.
Speaker 2: See, that's the fact. And what I will say is I always talk about it.
Speaker 6: The know how.
Speaker 2: It's one of the biggest things. Like Boston. Boston ain't tripping on none of these games, you know why, because what they know is we know how to do it. Like, so just get us there. We know how to do it, know how. Like I'm telling you, know how is why we beat Boston in twenty twenty two. We just knew how to do it. You've been there before, yes, And you're right. These teams they don't know how to do it. And sometimes you run up against a team and you're like, you know what, they just knew how to do it. And so that's what both of these teams got to look out for. No.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Our next one bog down dot parashifts b A r A sc HIV. What is the hardest part of being an NBA player that fans don't understand.
Speaker 1: The hardest part about being an NBA player is you play a game you love and winning the championship is the hardest thing you can do right, and people don't understand that. My son damn sure understand that. But also I don't think fans really understand how much hard work it takes to come back from injuries as a player who like came into the league injured by the way, coming off of like an Aco, you know what I mean, It's just like you are just never ever one hundred percent. You're only like one hundred percent of like the seventy percent capacity that you can play at that year, only one hundred percent of that, like if you can get back to eighty, right, you just are never once you get once you got the knee surgeon, and it's just hard to get back to where you were gonna go, right. And so there's you know, just like a health plateau, right. And so I just don't think fans understand because when you talk when you like even a Kawhi, right, you look at somebody like Kauwhai, and like fans just got the wrong fucking perspective of like somebody who bust they asked to get back get on the court and kill, and you think this dude don't want to be on the court. Fifty five, forty three and ninety You know what I mean. It's like I want to be over here in street clubs like every NBA, every NBA player wants to play. And like I actually like it now, man, because y'all got people around y'all that care about your longevity. We play like it was just like, oh you can.
Speaker 2: Play, you gotta play.
Speaker 1: Wasn't needed win ice and stem and you know what I mean, like do not get on that training table if you don't need to be there, you know what I mean. And then you get to you know, like I would say early in y'all career, where you know you could hang out on the training table. But like, dudes, was just hurt, you know what I mean, Like we didn't know how to how to It wasn't long have any training. It was always just getting you right for the next game, getting you right for the next game. And so I don't think fans really know and understand how hard it is to like be injured, come back play an entire season, Like you just never become one hundred percent, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 1: You just like fighting, you know, mental battles, physical battles, and just you know, I just think a lot of times they just you know, in a selfish way. They want to see players play all the time, but a lot of times it's just like, man, you have no idea how hard it is to play hurt or to be hurt and can't play.
Speaker 2: Whereas athletes are master master compensators, it's just what we are you learning, like, ah, this thing is hurting, I'm a compensate on this thing to take the pressure off that. Like, that's that's just what it is. I think.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think one of the hardest things for me is to to do something at such an elite level and have the whole world that knows seven percent of what you know trying to tell you what that should look like, how it should look, how it should be done, like it's blasphemous and and and then like you can't really say much back you're censor than what you can say back. I'd say for me, that's I think that's one of the tough sparts, just like being at such an elite level but playing something that everybody in their mom think they know because they played on the elementary school basketball team and learned that if you dribble with two hands that that was called a double dribble, And they think that this thing that we do is the same thing that they did, And I'm just here to tell you it's not even remotely close. And just enjoy the game. That's what it is for me.
Speaker 1: I like that Dereck Rose night just passed. Uh Derrick Rose. Man, shout out to d Rose one of the greatest, just got announced that he's getting his jersey retired. You know we I think it's like one four twenty five is the day. Uh man, I mean one man. Just shout out to Derek Bro shout out like man, damn Bro, like wow, fuck, just shout out to Derek Rose. He's just so cold, you know what I mean, Like what, oh my gosh, just man, this dude is just he was amazing, you know what I mean, he was amazing. I didn't get a chance to play against him as much as I wanted to, but I did catch him when I was like, Okay, I'm that guy, you know what I mean? You know I'm that guy dog And I never forget down the stretch of the game like that food was posting me up. They was throwing it to him on the block, Bro, and he got too Hey, dre he got two buckets on me. And I looked at him. I said, Bro, who are you?
Speaker 2: That's crazy?
Speaker 1: And they was going, hey bro, it was different, And you know, I haven't been on I didn't been on the you know, on the ISO Garden tea bag guarding Kobe down the stretch. Iver said, you know what I mean, but like I ain't never really had nobody clear out and post me on the short corner and it's a guard. You know, Hey bro? He jumped over me and shot a jump hook, turn around, shot a bank shot fade. I was like, Bro, who are you? After the game, I was like, yo, Bro, I'm a fan. I was like, I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: I know who you are. Now, Bro, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you was that nice.
Speaker 2: I followed you in Memphis, you know what I mean, Like, damn, Bro, I did not know he was this nice shout out to d Rose and shout out to like his next venture, you know what I mean, Like, what are he gonna be doing next in life? You know?
Speaker 1: Like his platform? You know, the way he telling his side of the story and projecting his story is just giving me an opportunity to learn more about him and grow more about him. Just as a fan. You know what I mean, his game and a fan of his, so man, shit, I couldn't guard him.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, d Rose, Wow, what an incredible player. Man. I had my first opportunity to see d Rose play up close and personal. Uh was that big time in Vegas and d Rose and Eric Gordon was play and on the same team. They was playing for Mean Streets and the D one Greyhounds, Bill Walker and Oj Mayo. Somehow I got into that capacity field game, that capacity standing room not only ain't no standing room either, and watching them put on the show was one of the most incredible games I've ever seen in my life. And then I had my first opportunities to really play against d Rose. Like when I came into the league. I think d Rose got hurt in two thy eleven or twelve, so right when I came into the league, it got hurt. And then if you remember in twenty and fourteen, I want to say it was there was a World Championship team and d Rose hadn't really played for the boys yet. He came back, and he came back. His return was with USA Basketball and the World Championship team and I was on the select team. Uh. Coming to practice against those guys get them ready, which was an honor for me because I'm on the select team. I was geek man and like the rose came down full speed at me. I come up stopping at the free throw line. He hit me with a crazy I shifted all the way the other way. He up and under that thing layup. I was like, oh my god, Like it was just like that. And again he was coming off injury, so I can only imagine what that crossover and what that up and underlooked like two and a half years prior to that, but completely left me in the dust. And I was just like, Yo, that's crazy to see that type of athleticism up close. But h just a big fan of d rose Man. How he carried the city of Chicago. That's Chicago's heartbeat right there. That's that's Chicago's sun right there on, you know. And to go to Chicago to get drafted number one people and actually live up to it and become the NDP in your city with the Bulls you grew up a fan of, and to actually do that and then to accept with grace when it came to an end, he accepted it with nothing but complete grace. That the team that he won MVP on, that the city that he's the heartbeat of us. And I take this with a grain of salt. The city never moved on from him who is pooh and that is it. But when that city, I mean in that organization said you know what, it's time we move on, we trade in man, that man handled it with such grace, continued to bounce back even after that, you know, like just see how he handled all of that man like.
Speaker 1: Road was man, legend for life. Man ha hall of famer, all that ship. Man that's come on. Man, he woning them once.
Speaker 2: And and by the way, the the questions on, it's de Rosea hall of famer. If he not. If you win MVP in the NBA, you're Hall of Famer. You're a Hall of Famer. Moving on. I don't care if you play one year. If you played one year in the NBA and you win MVP of the NBA, bro're moving on. It's Derek Rose, hall of Famer. Stopping.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous how playing he won in them ones.
Speaker 2: Moving on? All right, We're gonna take three random a few random questions before we get out of here. First one, I'll start slought is legend. If you guys were a pro wrestling tag team, what would your name be and what's your walkout song?
Speaker 1: Uh, it'll be a tom Mdog and we will be called the the dog Pound.
Speaker 6: I rock with that.
Speaker 2: They no more O. Next one from Sweet Doctor Jake eleven. Start from two thousands to now with the two of you, what's the most lethal? Starting five? So us two in the lineup, and then you add your five, you add your three.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, I would have to say shit shack of course number one, no question. Uh Kobe, okay, gotta have shot, got as Kobe?
Speaker 2: And then uh.
Speaker 1: In the two thousands, I say, Derek, I like that.
Speaker 2: Well listen here, I'm gonna go because reading is fundamental, and we read that Michigan Steaks say from the two thousands to now, So I'm going big now. Yeah. See, reading is fundamental. Reading is very fundamental. You gotta read it to me, right, I read I read it. I see you're right, I read it. So I got another one for you. I know it's okay to us, which is learn and listen. Listen to learn. Damn reading, it's fundamental and you need to learn to listen and listen and learn. So since I know that reading is fundamental. Two thousands now, I'm going b D steph myself.
Speaker 1: I'm fucking with.
Speaker 2: AD and DS, going with the big Diesel for sure. No question asked that center to ever grace the NBA floor, No questions asked.
Speaker 1: I'm fucking with that. I'm fucking with that line up show. That's a championship.
Speaker 2: So we got dog, we got scoring, we got sighs.
Speaker 1: Man, come on, can we can we live that? All right?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Speaking of the two thousands? Bro, speaking of the two thousands, what you think about that new Jello song?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you, Bed, I may be the only person in the walk of life that I live in that I have not heard the song. Oh my god? What I haven't heard the song? Is it really good? Or are y'all just like laughing at him but kind of laughing with him but laughing at him?
Speaker 1: No, it's hard. The reason why I like it is like he brought back a two thousand, hy right, so like it ain't like yeah, I ain't bro telling you you know.
Speaker 2: Til like two thousands, Bro, You're gonna be like, yo, I remember this song. I was growing up.
Speaker 1: That's how I got it gets you right, like it not, you know what I mean. But he didn't come out trying to do drill rap. He didn't come out trying to rap like little baby or what everybody else rap. Like I think this is kind of like showing like, man, my shit different, my ship hidden and is knocking like it's little hooked, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, so LeVar was right, Jollo ain't necessarily making in basketball, but you're saying he about to make it as a rapper.
Speaker 1: All along, got the number one YouTube song. Right now, I got dudes calling me like, yell man, you know Jello, I'm trying to book him for a show.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to book him friendly. All right, one second, Charles just sent the link. I'm about to listen, y'all give me a second.
Speaker 1: It's like when you be like, yo, man, my cousin rap and people be like, oh, that pulled on rap, and then he come with some like that at the family reunion. It's like, Okay, this smacking.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, that's knocking. Hey, you don't need watching.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Definitely had him had him listening to some big times coming up.
Speaker 1: He had to ship gone rap to Lonzo can rap too.
Speaker 2: I actually heard Zo rap before. It's okay rap, but that's knocking out. I rock with that, all right? All right? Jello halftime shoulder All Star Game? What up? That'd be hard bring bring bring the Jello bringing the All Star Game back? The All Star Game been dead. That's hard. Yello here to save it. I got listening. Whoa, hey, we don't we done here? This episode is a rap. I'm going to listen to Jello. Whatever you say, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: Should not kid?
Speaker 2: That's all right? From this episode of The Draymond Green Show with My Dog badat.
Speaker 1: Right, lay out peace Peace
Speaker 2: The volume