Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody? Welcome into Leading Off the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. We are presented by Bet three six five. If you bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use that promo code. Leading Off. That is with our friends over at Bet three six five. It is Joel Rico and Casey Bubba coming at you once again. Here a couple of full weeks of Joe and Bubba. Lots of fun getting to talk with you every day. My friend, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Doing great?
Speaker 3: It's a Friday, heading into another weekend, and we're getting so close to the end of this season that it's fun. But we got Rocker last night to Gront tonight. We got some fun things still going on around baseball.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we are going to start off with Kumar Rocker for sure. We got a fun show sheet today. I've added in some playoff prep. We're going to talk about some fringier two start pitchers who are on the bubble a little bit, and I've also highlighted five really hot hitters that we're going to discuss, as well as the usual to do's here on the show. But if you guys have any questions. Should have some time later on. If you guys have any questions about next week or this weekender or anything even twenty twenty five drafts, whatever you got thrown into the chat and Bubba and I should have some time to get to them. But let's start off like with what you mentioned there. Buy about Kumar Rocker. I'm not sure if you were watching this one. I had the two screens of Thursday Night Football, and I had the Kumar Rocker start going on, and the first couple batters got hits against him, and you're thinking, oh, go, what's gonna happen here? And then he just settled in and looked dominant. I mean, I heard comparisons to Jose Fernandez yesterday. I saw people saying that his slider is an eighty grade pitch. I think that he has the potential to be a game changer if he stays healthy. He looks dominant. Well, what were your thoughts about on Kumar Rocker's MLB debut?
Speaker 3: Absolutely filthy. I didn't get to watch it live. I watched all the highlights of it. Then here we go again, watched the highlights of it, and it was pretty darn Impressedive the seven k's, the twenty three percent swinging strike rate, the slider was just pure domination. He looked great. So I'm hoping we get to get more Kumar for the rest of the season. That's still up for grabs on what the Rangers are doing there with the rotation, But I love what we saw. Kid is legit and it's good to see him finally getting his after all the injuries and everything else after he left Vanderbilt.
Speaker 1: Harry Say projected first round twenty twenty five. No, he won't go in the first round, but if we see two or three, well how many times? I mean, there's only what potential for maybe three more starts? Probably two, maybe three if he looks dominant in all those starts. What's the highest you think we could see Kumar getting pushed up draft boards? About a third, fourth, fifth round? What's your initial thought there?
Speaker 2: I would hope fifth round.
Speaker 3: There's always a crazy person out there that will go third round or something. But you know, a couple starts as nice. We know the pedigree is good, but there's still to me a lot of questions surrounding kum Moore Rockers, So I would hope he's like a round to pick one like an SP three at least at least an SP three is what I'd hoped for.
Speaker 2: But he's got the ceiling to be more. I will admit that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's tricky, right, Like there's no the first round is so deep. Like we've talked with this on a few shows, it's really really tricky to break into that top fifteen, even top twenty, and then you know, it's just such a risk, like there are really even outside of those first fifteen or twenty picks, you're still looking at a lot of established value, not just pitchers everywhere, and you'd be taking a big chance for the health side of things with Rocker. He throws very hard. You never really know what a guy's going to look like. As great as he did look yesterday, and as much as I think he is going to be an ace, I think that you're probably right SP three, maybe if you're getting cheeky SP two, but I think he's probably should be SP three. We'll see how excited people get. Over the course of the offseason. Jackson Curio had himself a game. He became the first member, or not the first member, the youngest member of the twenty twenty club in MLB history. It's been a little bit of a shaky season for him. He started off pretty well and then he went through a bit of a cold stretch, and then he's just really turned things on in the second half of the year. One run seventy one Ribys twenty twenty with a two seventy two batting average. Are we firmly thinking he's a third rounder at worst?
Speaker 2: Bubba?
Speaker 1: Is there any chance he's getting outside of the top fifty picks and drafts next season?
Speaker 3: No, he should not be this guy. He should not be getting outside of those fifty picks. I should say he's a second rounder for me, third at the if you're lucky he's twenty twenty. We saw he's got thirty thirty potentialists. A kid, he's twenty, I say, kid, he's twenty years old, legally cannot drink in the United States of America, and he's out there. You know, slow start, heves com platuning for a second there, then shocker, after more reps, a young kid starts to figure things out. He started producing and the last cup like month or two have been amazing for Jackson.
Speaker 2: Cheerio. I think he's an absolute stud.
Speaker 3: They've moved him towards the top of the order, which has helped him him hitting with William and Country and company up there. So I'm a big Jackson Cheerio fan. I think he's very, very worthy of a second round pick, and it's going to be the big debate this whole offseason. Centurio Jackson, Merrill. Well, some keep forgetting White. Langford shouldn't be that far behind that, but it'll be fun for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that early draft you did, I'm pretty sure Langford went a few rounds behind those other guys, right, he was kind of forgotten about a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to say, like round nine or ten, and these guys both went in round two like it was a big, big gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think if that's the gap, and that's if that's what's happening consistently, then I'll just wait and take Langford because I don't know that there's that much of a difference in terms of the long term projection. It's not been the greatest season for Langford. It's like ten homers and it was the thirteen steals or something. It's been underwhelming. But if I'm getting him seventy picks later than these other guys. I'm gonna take that every single time. But definitely a group of guys that are all potential. You know, if we're looking toad to twenty twenty six, which I know it's crazy, but those guys could all be top thirty picks. Yeah, easily. Let's move on to talk Nester Cortez, though, who's been a bit up and down this season. There was a while where Nestor Cortez was unstartable. In the middle of the summer, he was brutal, but he's kind of turned things around. Yesterday, five solid innings, nine strikeouts with one ear and run against the Red Sox. He's down to a three ninety ERA and even maybe a little bit more surprising, a one to fifteen WEB over one hundred and sixty eight innings. Has he done enough to get you interested again for next season Nestor Or? Has there been enough concern this year that you'd kind of just want to avoid him in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Nestor has always been a guy I like. The inconsistencies are annoying as all get up, But I think after you start talking SP four SP five's are going to have a lot of inconsistencies, but the ceiling that Nestor brings playing on a good team that should lead to wins. The fact he strikes guys out. That's always one of my big things I look for in my later pitchers is you know, there's going to be a lot of warts on these guys later on. As long as he can strike guys out, we can, you know, play the matchups hopefully and see how it works. Doesn't always work out that way, but that's the goal. So I am a Nestor fan. If he's healthy, that was kind of the concern coming into this year as the health. So he's proven to stay pretty healthy this year. I'm not saying I'm going to force myself to draft him, but he will be on the radar, Like, if he's available at the right price, I will take him.
Speaker 1: I think I will as well. It really and I mean, you know, we get ourselves in trouble this time of year talking about potential prices because we have no idea what the hell is going to happen. But I feel like if Nester Kortez is like I don't know, in the one hundred to one, twenty one to thirty type of range overall.
Speaker 3: But that does that sound about right? Something like that? Yeah, I think he that's probably the high range. I'd hope for lower if I'm picking, but I could see that happening just because he gets the Yankees tax and all that kind of fun stuff. So yeah, like in a perfect world, in my mind, one twenty to one thirties where I want Kumar Rocker to go.
Speaker 2: So that's where my head would be.
Speaker 3: But I'm always like more cautious with my picks, and it doesn't always work out for my interest.
Speaker 1: I don't know for getting Kumar at that price. We'll see. Maybe if you hop into an ESPN league or something, you might be able to get to get a price like that.
Speaker 2: But just maybe a November draft he might have a chance.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be tricky, especially if he keeps up what we saw. Yes, I want to touch on Sonny Gray a little bit. He faced his old team in Cincinnati yesterday, six innings, one run, ball with nine strikeouts, two hits, and two walks. The thing with Sonny Gray that's kind of come out of nowhere a little bit as a strikeouts to some extent, like he's been a solid strikeout pitcher for the last several seasons, but twenty seven, twenty four, twenty four percent. He's up out over thirty percent strikeout rate this season. But one thing I do want to point out is the swinging strike rate is a thirteen percent. If you guys don't look at swinging strike rate consistently, it's the rule of thumb is you can kind of, you know, double it by I multiply it by two, and that's kind of like an expected strikeout rate. I feel like he's probably not a thirty percent strikeout rate guy going forward. Baba, and he concerned drafting Sonny Gray next season heading into his age thirty five year, coming off of maybe in a bit of an overperforming season. Any concerns for you there long term per Sonny.
Speaker 3: Gray, age is always a concern. There's no like hiding from that. Thirty five is pretty getting pretty up there for a starting pitcher.
Speaker 2: But I love him this year.
Speaker 3: This is back to a couple of really good seasons in a row when he went to Minnesota pitched well. Is he a thirty percent k guy? No, But if you look at all his underlying like era indicators, he's even better than what his numbers are showing. His KDO walk's been great all season. He's pitched really really well, and we've seen these last couple of starts the indicators are starting to show in his favor. So I'm still a big fan of Sunny Gray.
Speaker 2: Pitching for the Cardinals isn't gonna hurt.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a plus just being in that division and all the other fun stuff that goes along with that ballpark. So I like Sonny Gray. I think he is a really really good SP three with a little bit of SP two upside because he's not flashy. But you know, it's not thirty percent K, but I believe he could be twenty four to twenty five percent and that'll still be very very serviceable going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, you know, you got to worry about a guy getting older a little bit, But Sunny Gray is not usually somebody that gets that much helium. I don't know if it's just because he's been around for a long time and honestly, like the surface numbers three seventy five era, that might be what some people look at, and maybe he doesn't get put stup as high as I think, But yeah, just I feel like that strikeout rate is going to come back down to earth, but he should still be a pretty interesting target considering where he's likely to go. Sticking in St. Louis for a second, Mason Win hit a home run yesterday, and he's actually been a really nice value shortstop this season. Thirteen homers, eleven steals, seventy two runs, only fifty ribies. You're not going to get a ton of the top of a mediocre lineup, but he's also hitting two seventy two, Bob, But what are your thoughts on on Mason Win going forward heading into next season? Is he somebody you'd target as a starting shortstop. Is he somebody you'd want more as a backup middle infield type of option. What's your comfort level as.
Speaker 3: Of right now with Mason Win. I liked what we've seen this year a lot. In some of my preseason talks, like my team previews, I had Matt Thompson, a prospect's live on and he's huge on Mason Win, but he admitted he's like a year away, like this was kind of the get comfortable year, and we're starting to see as the season goes on, Like you mentioned, he's starting to get comfortable which is good to see. So I'd still prefer him as a middle infielder for twenty twenty five. But you and I recapped the first eleven picks the other day. I'm benched with Bubba, and shortstop goes really really early and then it gets really really bleak. So if you miss out on the early run or you don't want to be aggressive on the early run, I'm cool with Mason Winning. You're starting a shortstop because that means you should have done better things with your other picks to make your team work out. So I'm not opposed to Mason win is a shortstop in a fifteen. He's definitely a shortstop. Twelve team, ten teams maybe not, but I do like him period. I wouldn't mind him on my roster, but preferably middle endfielder.
Speaker 1: Later option that gets you a decent batting average is always going to be a little bit appealing to me. Generally, batting average drives up so soon. But if you're getting somebody who not a ton of power, not a ton of speed, but somebody who won't really hurt you anywhere, who's going to hit in the two seventy two to eighty type range, that's potentially very very appealing for me. I like Mason Winn and shout out to Ben Ted, who was somebody that was very interested in Mason Win, our mutual friend Ben. Let's talk Marcus s Ami in a little bit. It had been kind of a down season for him as a whole, but he's things up recently, hit a home run yesterday. Over the last week, three home runs and a couple stolen bases, and he's probably gonna finish as a top one hundred overall player. I've heard a lot of conversation about Marcus Semion over the last couple of days about where he should come in in second base rankings, in terms of where he should go overall in a draft. Is he a top five second baseman, top seventy five overall pick at this point still, or what's your concern level as he continues to get older, somebody who depends on volume to get by for fantasy? Are you going to be interested for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: If the price is right? And in that early draft he went past pick seventy five, that's for sure. He fill a ton in that draft and I almost ended up taking the chance on him. But at that time, he still wasn't hitting. This recent hot streak has been very very good to see because he's been hurt a lot this year.
Speaker 2: He's getting older. This is what happens when you get older.
Speaker 3: The thing that made Simeon so great was racking up at bats, playing one hundred and sixty two games a year, getting over seven hundred played appearances.
Speaker 2: That's what made Markusieman who he was.
Speaker 3: And we've all said, if he doesn't do that, the production's obviously not going to be what you want for a second round pick. Now, if he drops into rounds eight, nine, ten or whatever, he's very serviceable. So he's not a top five second baseman, but if the price stays in that, you know, eight to ten round range, very very serviceable second basement going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'll think I'll buy a dip, like you said, like, it has to be a decent enough dip and if that's what's gonna happen consistently. If he's going in round six, seven, eight nine, he's been a top well what was he going this past season in the third round? I think a lot of the time. So I'll take that dip hoping to get in on a bit of a bounce back. It's been just a terrible season for Texas as a whole, but I feel like they could kind of bounce back all around next season. Just wanted to mention Aaron Judge. He's in the midst of the longest home run draut of his career, sixteen consecutive games without a home run. Anything to make of this, Bubba or is this just the random variance of baseball in your opinion.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give it random variants of baseball. The weird thing is with Judge. He could be hurt just because he's got that tendency, but he's gonna play through it right now because it's the stretch run. I'm just gonna say it's you know, soda was ice cold until about three games ago too, So this this team's kind of going the way of the Dodo. It seems like as they get towards the end of September. So I'm gonna I'm going to rack it up to a slump, which is craziest because we haven't seen Judge do that.
Speaker 1: Never in his career, even as a rookie. The longest Drodi had was fifteen games. But the Curse of Paw Patrol appears to be alive and well. Right now, for mister Judge, if Bobby.
Speaker 2: Witch a great episode, a great episode, I.
Speaker 1: Am childless, so I have not seen this episode. But the thing with the American League MVP rais is that Bobby Wit actually had a chance to kind of make up some ground here, but he's been stone cold himself. If he had done his usual thing over the last couple of weeks, and this could have been a little bit more interesting. But I feel like it's still probably going to be Aaron Judge's MVP as of right now. Let's take a couple of questions. I got a couple of them start here. Let's start with one from Harry in the chat three year Keeper League? Do I keep Kyle Schwarber or Josh Naylor? Where are you heading on this one?
Speaker 3: Bubba schwore bombs and I'm a Josh Taylor fan, But you keep Schwarber in this scenario?
Speaker 1: I think I am too. Like the three year thing kind of worries you a little bit. But Schwarber's a lot younger than I think a lot of people realize. He's like thirty one. He's been around for a long time. I think people probably and he looks a little bit older than he is. I think people will probably think he's like thirty three thirty four, but he's younger than you'd expect. Naylor, we have seen the downside recently. I love Josh Naylor, don't get me wrong, we grew up in the same area. Love the guy. But I think it's Kyle Schuber here for me. Someone offered me Hunter Brown in a tenth round pick for is that Rooker or Rocker? No, it's Rocker and an eighth round pick. I think I'm probably going with Rocker, but it's close, man like. That might just be me reading too much into the recent sample size here. What do you think Bubba.
Speaker 3: If fits like a Dynasty keep Forever league, Probably in the Rocker side of it. But if it's just like you know, I get a couple of years. There's certain policies in place. Hunter Brown's really really good too. There's no denying that, like the dude's gonna he might not be far off from Rocker and you get the tenth round.
Speaker 2: But see, I think I want the eighth round pick in a keeper league.
Speaker 3: It's already so shallow when it comes to draft round five, you're literally throwing darts at a wall. So round ten's a little rough. I think Rocker in an eighth rounder is pretty pretty nice.
Speaker 1: I think I am taking Rocker there too. Don't want to be prisoners at the moment, but man, he could be. He could be a cy young winner, Like he really could be that level. I think, like, there's not many pitchers who possess an eighty grade pitch of any kind. His slider is that good, and the fastball movement is like, he's just so good. Like we're not prospect guys, but just the eye test yesterday was like my dad, who barely follows baseball at all, was watching this like, holy crap, this guy's pretty good. I was like, yeah, yeah, he's pretty good. Dad, He's pretty good. Let's talk about Tommy Edmund versus Parker Meadows. This one's kind of interesting. I think it's Tommy Edmund for me, probably, Bubba. I know you're not exactly the Tommy Edmund fan club president, but where are you going on this one?
Speaker 3: I'll go with Edmund on this. I got a whole lot of flak from Ryan Bloomfield on bubb in the Blue on Thursday night because I am anti Edmemb. But he's back to back double domb games. He's playing, he's hitting arth or fifth daily for the Dodgers, and we're talking about two weeks. If he's streaking right now, you're right the streak. I love Parker Meadow's I would take Parker metals in the draft ahead of him next year, but for the final two weeks, give me Tommy Edmond.
Speaker 1: I think you got to. Yeah, I think you have to. Like it's close, Like I love Parker Meadow so much, but you know, middle of the Dodgers line up with what he's doing, it's hard to it's hard to go against that. Drop Tristan Cassis for Parades or Horwitz could could probably do for Horwitz maybe, But I mean, that's that's such a crazy thing to say, just thinking about where Tristan Cassas was a couple of months ago. But I think that's an all right move to make.
Speaker 3: Tristan Cassis is platuning now, so it's a very good move to make. He's not playing at all vers lefties. What I would say, though, is check your waiver wire. You got Ty France with six games in Cincinnati next week, or Carlos Santana plays five or six rities next week, and Santana's been great. I'd take France and Santana over Pretis and Horwitz, so check your format. Otherwise, if it's just these two guys, give me Spencer Horwitz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll mention Switzer Horwitz again in a second. But one other question, Strider, should he be a top three sp I'm assuming this is talking about twenty twenty five. If he comes into spring training healthy, he maybe should be, but I don't know if he will be. Bubba, where are you at on this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't do it until I see him healthy. Like, I don't think he's back till May, early May, so you're missing a month, which still five months of peak.
Speaker 2: Strider's great, but not for me.
Speaker 1: Kind out there for a second, But yeah, it was a it was a quick note. Bloomfield's having some fun. Here is this AI generated Bubba actually touting Tommy Edmond? He is? He is, in fact touting.
Speaker 2: Back to back days. Yes, dead so bad too.
Speaker 1: I'm back to back days. This is what I'm This is what I'm doing to Bubba. This is what happens. Let's do a little bit of playoff prep. Just want to talk about some fringier two star pitchers for next week. Depending on your format, these guys might be an automatic yes or an automatic no, but we're going to talk about them briefly anyway. Merril Kelly at Colorado at Milwaukee hasn't been the greatest stretch for Merril Kelly at Colorado worries me a little bit. Are you rolling with him? And let's say twelve teamers here, Bubba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take Merril Kelly in this one. Colorado doesn't scare me. Milwaukee scares me more than Colorado. So yeah, I'll roll Marrial Kelly out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I probably would, maybe not in really shallow leagues, but I think twelves and beyond is probably okay. Aaron Savali, this one is tricky versus Philadelphia versus Arizona. I think I'm leaning no, just based on the trickiness of the matchups, Bubba. Maybe in fifteen's i'd maybe consider it, But I think generally I'm leaning no here.
Speaker 2: That's no for me.
Speaker 3: You can throw him back to the waiver wire and pretend this year never happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot of people want to pretend this year never happened for Aaron Savali, Jake Irvin coming off of a decent start after what had been kind of a terrible stretch for him. Not a bad couple of matchups at the Mets at the Cubs. I feel like I'm probably gonna roll with him if I need some volume here. He's not a bad option. What do you think in Bubba?
Speaker 3: When I'm looking at this matchup, I'm really not a fan of ja Gerb and he's been I've been a fan earlier this year he was great. I think he's hitting his wall innings wise, We've seen this with young pitchers. I would avoid this two step.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you need volume, I think you could do worse. But I think generally speaking, I kind of agree. The only reason this guy is even getting mentioned this next guy is because of the matchups. But it's probably a no. Even with the matchups. Bobby Miller at Miami versus Colorado, it's about the most cupcake two start you could possibly imagine. But Bobby Miller has been garbage, so any any chance you're starting him here, Bobb? But even in fifteens, would you roll Bobby Miller?
Speaker 2: I don't think I don't think the Dodgers are starting him next week.
Speaker 3: Let's put it that way. Glass now supposed to come back Thursday. I don't think Bobby Miller's in the rotation next week. But even if he is, that's a no. I am not going through that chaos. It's just not worth it.
Speaker 1: So just briefly, heading in the next year, he's gonna be dirt cheap, dirt cheap, No, you don't want him.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 3: If he's dirt cheap, he I don't think he will be though, unless it's like a Yahoo or a CBS Like in the NFC leagues. People are smart enough to know the talents there. The kid's been hurt, slash a mess. Could he figure things out? Like it'll be a discount from this year, but not as big a discounts. I think most people think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, maybe you're right. I think in the average league, like you mentioned, it's Yahoo, ESPN, CBS fan tracks, he might not even get drafted. In twelve teamers, he's gonna have like an eight something era, a one to seven whip. In those NFBC leagues, he's probably gonna get taken. But I wonder if I'll be tempted to take the dip. He's looking at the strong stuff numbers and everything like that. I wonder if there's an injury. I feel like there's got to be something wrong.
Speaker 3: With his knees been bugging him. I think there's more than that. It's so bad right.
Speaker 1: It's got this, I feel like there's got to be something more. Let's talk about a couple of hitters who are also probably some guys you should consider picking up. Spencer Horwitz, who we already mentioned. He's been really really good. We're both pretty interested there. Forty percent rostered on Yahoo for the deeper league players, Otto Lopez second base, shortstop eligible. He's been really really solid for them recently. He's batting typically in the middle of the order. Last three games, fourth, second, and fourth. It is Miami, but Otto Lopez has been pretty good. Even over the last month. He's hitting three hundred four stolen bases in that time. You got any interest in Auto Lopez BABA?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In deeper formats, if you need a middle infielder, go for like there's s JC from Saint Louis is a middle infield option. Trevor Story is play widely out there for middle infield, but Otto Lopez in a deeper league is definitely viable.
Speaker 1: Dylan Cruz is also somebody that I think should be more a roster than he is forty percent. Feels like we're selling him a little bit short. I understand that football is here and people are kind of done with their leagues. If it's head to head and it ended early, or or if you're in eleventh place, you might not be making pickups. But Dylan Cruz only on forty percent of rosters. He's been really solid. I mean, the batting average is only two forty one, but in fifty eight at bats, three homers and six stolen bases. I mean that's pretty damn impressive. Bubba, is he an all formats type of for you or is he more of a deeper league play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's definitely an all four Mets type guy. You can run him out there unless you're unless you have one heck of an outfield, that's where you want to be going.
Speaker 1: I also want to mention Victor Roblaz, who you'd think would be on more rosters based on how he's done this season, but he's only on twenty four percent of Yahoo rosters. He's a top ten player over the last two weeks sixteen for his last thirty five was six tolen bases. He's playing every day in that leadoff spot in Seattle. Not a good park, obviously, not a good lineup, But I think Victor Roblaz should be on a lot more than twenty four percent of rosters at this point.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. He's back leading off. He's hitting almost five hundred over the last like thirteen games or something, and he's got eight stolen bases. Yes, he needs to be rostered everywhere.
Speaker 1: Somebody else I want to mention for the deeper league crowd is Kyle Farmer. I know that this is a bit of a niche one one percent rostered on Yahoo, and that one percent came over the last day or so. But if you look over the last couple of weeks, he's doing really good things. She's not an every single day type of player, but he's on a five game or a six game hit streak right now. Actually, I'm kind of intrigued for deeper leagues if you need a bit of a utility option here, triple eligible, any interest in Kyle Farmer, Bubby, I know this one's going to skew for the deeper crowd, But what's your interest level here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're in a deep league, he fits the mold I guess is a guy drafting, drafted holds all the time. He's starting for me in leagues right now for this exact reason. He's got that multipositional eligibility, which, as we finished the last couple weeks, could be tremendous with weird injuries and guys sitting. So yeah, I think he's a very, very viable option.
Speaker 1: Didn't think we'd be talking about Kyle Farmer as a viable option, but that's the ups and downs of the fantasy season. Sticking in Minnesota for a second, with just a weird one here, I think everybody kind of saw this ONECE Jeff pass and tweeted out. Yesterday, the Twins released minor league catcherck Derek Bender, who's their six round pick. This past year, he was caught tipping pitches to the opposing batters, and his reasoning was that he wanted the season to hurry up and get over with. I feel like we can all relate to some ex that there, but I feel like throwing your whole career away might not have been the smartest move there. This is really surprising. The first thing that my mind went to was are you able to bet on single A games? Because this has got to be some thing too, got to be I don't know where these books are that are taking action on single A games, but that feels like that's got to be involved somewhere. What was your reaction when you saw this, Bubba. It's probably the craziest story I've seen this year.
Speaker 2: It was very bizarre.
Speaker 3: I thought I was watching like Major League seven or something when this is taking place.
Speaker 2: But yeah, because it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: If you want to get the season over earlier, why are you telling them what to hit like that?
Speaker 2: Things like that would prolong the game. That is what I'm kind of thinking.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's a weird one, and that's a it's wild to think you've played your whole life, you finally get drafted, you're in the bigs, and you're gonna throw it away like that. That's you're a catcher, man. These are long time, long seasons. That's just that's the reality of it.
Speaker 1: I like, I was a minor league baseball player. I never read, not a high level, but you dream of making it to the show. You make it to the show, you get drafted, and then you throw it away within six months because your borders. I don't know. I can't get my head around it. Just wild. One wanted to mention that there it wasn't the just for fun segment, but I didn't even know where to place it. Really, it's just a weird story right up there with the took a Peeda Marcano's story. Agreed, Angelo, Let's go to the three up and three down. Brent Rooker continues his incredible season the Combo Meal yesterday, stealing a base for you as well as hitting a home run. Frankie Montas six innings of shutout ball with eight strikeouts, a lot of couple of hits and picked up a win. And then Mitchell Parker a bit of an up and down rookie season for him, but if you streamed him yesterday, you did well for yourself. Six and the third with five strikeouts and three hits of shutout ball. On the three down, Carson Spears not good stuff two and two thirds, seven hits, three walks, and four earned runs. JP Crawford oh for four with three strikeouts, and he also took one of the more ridiculous swings. I've seen him and Jorge Polanco or just swinging all over the place against Rocker. It was pretty embarrassing stuff from the both of them. In Crawford, I didn't even realize he's been below two hundred this year. It has been awful for JP crawt Ryan Pepio two innings, four hits, two walks, and two earned runs. Not what you were hoping for him this time of year, either on the either upboard down segment, Bubba. Any of these six names really stick out to you in any way.
Speaker 3: This one I highlight Franky Montas since he's joined the Brewers, he's made eight starts, fifty strikeouts, and forty five innings, three in runs or less than six of the eight starts. So he's much more formidable than I think people want to give him credit for. And JP Crawford he's moved down to like seventh or eighth and Yoder and he can, yeah, he can go. He go get Kyle Farmer instead of JP Crawford.
Speaker 1: It's awful. JP Crawford was a great fantasy asset last season as a late shortstop, middle endfield guy, even like a utility bench option. This year has been awful for him. Let's move on to the injury updates. A bit of a scary one here, a scary name to see on the injury report. Toreek Schooble was hit on his glove hand by a comebacker on Thursday. Did stay to finish the inning, and he's listed as day to day. Any concern here, Bubba that this could potentially lead to Scooble having to miss a start down the stretch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw this news last night when I was doing my stuff, and I was like, what in the world. But they said X rays or negative. They don't expect him to miss time. It happened earlier in the game and he finished the game, pitched six strong innings, like you mentioned, I would imagine he's fine that. Then again, he's already kind of hitting those innings. Somebody they're like, hey, we got a reason to kind of shut you down for the year. Kid, You've already got the cy young. Let's call it good. I don't think it slows him down, but definitely something to monitor going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. If it does lead him to miss a start, that would not be great, especially for those head to head managers. This time of year, that would be pretty bad. Speaking of bad Corey Seeger season, Finito, we already pretty much knew this was coming, but he underwent sports hernia surgery. As of now, he's expected to be ready for spring training. Do you think this will impact his price heading in the next season at all?
Speaker 2: Babo?
Speaker 3: I always want to say so, but it seems like Corey Seger always has an injury and people still take him in the second or third round of every draft, and I just avoid, avoid, avoid, and it's burned me like once, I guess, And it's nothing against Corey. He's a great player when he's on the field, but he's just never on the field. So weirdly enough, I don't think it'll affect his draft price because he should be ready by opening day, so I don't.
Speaker 1: You're probably right. Question of the chat, how did you get hit on the glove? Hand? Isn't that just getting hit on the glove? I actually admittedly did not see it, but I would imagine it was just a ball that hit on the outside of the glove or something, and it was hit hard enough that it did hurt his hand.
Speaker 2: Look at his Look at his next comment.
Speaker 1: Oh, near the wrist. Yeah, I actually did not see it. I just saw it on the on the injury report there. But I'll take a look at the clip and what we'll talk about it again.
Speaker 3: If anybody's played baseball and someone throws the ball hard or whatever, or I played first base, get a line drive and it hits you in the palm of the glove. The glove ain't that thick, folks. It's still going to hurt like a like a mother. So yeah, that's probably what took place there.
Speaker 1: You're probably right on some cheerier news. Jacob de Gram. We've mentioned a couple times this week, but it's today, folks. His first start in five hundred and three days will take place against the Mariners. I'd imagine I'm not the biggest DFS player anymore, but you might get a little bit of a discount first start back. No, no, a full price.
Speaker 3: The top of my top of my head, he's eighty five or eighty six hundred bucks, which I guess is technically a discount from the normal to Gram, but you're only expecting like four or five innings, so it's not early a discount like Rocker was eighty five last night too, Like they're they're not coming out, but Brasso's four KA night, so that's why I'll be playing.
Speaker 2: But sorry to turn this to no DFS segment.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, I love DFS. I wish it was more accessible here. I'm in the one place in Canada, in Ontario where it's very hard to play DFS. They've made it very difficult over the last couple of seasons. There's only one or two niche places where I can play. But I miss it. I do miss playing DFS as much as I used to. Liam Hendricks shut down for the remainder of the season, likely to be shut down. That wasn't like one hundred percent, But it looks like we're trending in that direction. A little bit of a setback in his recovery from Tommy John and they figure there's no need to risk it. I wonder if William Hendricks ever gets a closer job again, Bubba, is there a chance that maybe he's the closer in Boston or somewhere else next season? Will you be speculating on him in drafts as if that's going to be the case.
Speaker 2: I think is Kinley still there next year?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Still?
Speaker 3: Only thing I got to check. I feel like he is, but I could be wrong. If Kenley's not there, then yes, Liam has a chance to be the closer. I would not be shocked there. I think he's gonna have to prove himself for a year, though, at least half a year. Like Liam's gonna have to come back and put some miniings out there and show he can bring the goods goods again, and then he'll he will be a closer against sometime that We've seen the volatility of closers in baseball.
Speaker 2: They get paid.
Speaker 3: Like if Liam just wants to get a paycheck if he pitches good next year, but Colorado could sign him and he can get paid. He might not be the best case scenario, but he'll get his money and everyone's happy.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be happy if he's a Colorado closer. I wouldn't love it. I mean, I'd still take it.
Speaker 2: But thirty saves, so it would work.
Speaker 1: That's true. As for ken Ley, he is a free agent after this season. He's also going to be thirty seven years old later this month, so I wonder how much time we have left on the Kenley train. It'd be interesting. I'd like to see Liam Hendrickson. After all he's been through, it'd be really cool to see him get a closer job back and return to like he was like a second third round type of player for a few years there.
Speaker 2: He was awesome.
Speaker 1: He was amazing, and the Blue Jays of course had him and let him slip through the cracks before. We won't get into that because I'll be here all day. Chas McCormick was placed on the al with a fractured rerist. Season is more than likely over, which is a shame because as awful that he'd been for most of the season, he'd actually started to pick things up a little bit over the last couple of weeks. But it's overall a very disappointing season for mister Chas McCormick. Any thoughts on him there, Bubba, Will you buy the dip next season?
Speaker 3: I doubt it in a deep like a draft and hold I don't mind him as like a deep deep outfielders to add depth to my bench. If he figures it out, it's great in a redraft league. I doubt it because Jake Myers should get the job over him starting the season and they have other options for now. If the injuries take place. He's a fab target, not a draft target.
Speaker 1: I think you're probably right there. Unfortunately, I had big expectations. I thought he was a twenty twenty guy, easily a twenty twenty guy. But you never know. You never know what's going to happen throughout the course of the season. But let's move on, Bubba, to our favorite part of the show, and that is the Best Bets of the Day, presented by our friends over bet three six five again, use that promo code leading off, get yourself some goodies here down the stretch. Five bucks gets you one hundred and fifty in bonus credits. Baba, where are we headed today? On your best bets?
Speaker 3: All over one and a half total bases. That's what we're keeping it simple here.
Speaker 2: We're sorry.
Speaker 3: Lane Thomas over one and a half total bases. Great matchup for the Guardians on Friday. Thomas is actually swinging it very well, multiple hits in a handful of the last four or five games, so he's a plus one forty over one and a half total bases. Carlos Santana gonna keep going to that well. They have a great matchup in Minnesota. Carlos has been double like multiple hits in a lot like last game last Wednesday, had a hit in two walks, so like he's still getting on base. So this is kind of the bummer, But it's the best odds I saw out of his props. So he's plus one thirty and I'm gonna keep writing PCA. He didn't come well, he half came through. He got the total the hits, runs and RBIs on Wednesday. Didn't get the run scored part, so yin and the yang, but over one and a half total bases. Cubs are in cooers, folks, it's plus one twenty and Gohmer's coming off the IL. I wanted to take a lot more Cubs props, but it's going to be a bloodbath in Coors this weekend. Maybe not Fridays. Might sometimes takes a day. But give me PCA at plus one twenty, so all plus odds as usual.
Speaker 1: You are the plus money man, as I have coined you, and I'm sure Ryan will eventually take that term and use it as well on your show. But my bets. We mentioned Jacob deGrom. I've talked about him at nauseam. At this point, over six and a half strikeouts is plus money today. That's kind of where the buck stops for me. Kumar Rocker, Kumar Rocker in four innings, got the seven strikeouts. It's the Mariners. This team is. I'm sorry if there's any Mariners fans watching. They're pretty much a joke. Offensively. Anybody could go in there and rack up a decent number of strikeouts. But to Grom six and a half, it's not a crazy number at plus money, I just couldn't pass it up. Landon Nak as well on the strikeout over against Atlanta, it's just a very low number at four and a half. It is at minus one twenty, but this is a number that I feel like he can pretty easily hit. And Atlanta is a team where I feel like there's still the near around them that they're the Braves. They're the Braves. They're a tricky offense, They're really not that great offensively. Landonna is coming off of an eight strikeout game against Cleveland, a team that does not strike out that much. So I'm pretty confident that he can get to over four and a half today and then say a Suzuki like you already alluded to with the Cubs to Austin gombering, that's probably gonna be happening tonight. Say a Suzuki over one and a half total bases. It is juice to minus one sixty. But you want to mix those in altogether, parlay them or something, you'd get some better odds. But that is where I'm headed. Bubba's at Lane Thomas over one and a half total basis, Carlos Santana over one and a half total bases, and Peek Armstrong over one and a half total bases. I'm Jacob deGrom over six and a half strikeouts, Landonnac over four and a half strikeouts, and say a Suzuki over one and a half total bases. Bubba, it's time for the home runs and we are on fuego. Are both of our home run calls hit? On Wednesday? The teams that we were targeting the Cubs in Arizona combined for twenty two runs on Wednesday, So we nailed that one. Where you headed today for.
Speaker 3: Your call, Well, you just happen to have a prop bet on, Sayzki, I believe I'm going with Saya's Azuki going to town. I almost kept Cody Bellinger just to keep the streak. Alive for the week, but I went to sayah, he went deep on Wednesday as well, because everyone hit a home run on Wednesday. But yeah, I'll go say as Azuki, who's actually been red hot over the last couple of weeks, and enjoy some coors Field fun.
Speaker 1: I love Saya. I love Saya Azuki. If that early draft you did as any indication, maybe he'll be slided a little bit heading into drafts next season. If he is, I'll take any do. I love the guy. All he needs is to stay healthy and he can easily be a top at worse a top one hundred player in fantasy. I'm going for James Wood today against Edward Cabrera. A couple of games consecutively for edvarg Cabrera not allowing a home run. That's just not who he is. He is due to give one up eventually, and James Wood. I mean, I could go for a couple different members of the Nationals today, but I think I am leaning towards James Wood considering how solid he's been. The power hasn't quite been what I was hoping for. He hasn't hit a home run the last couple of weeks. I think he is due to breakout of his dry slump today the same way that Kad Tell Marte did on Wednesday when we hit that one. Bubba, let's keep the hot streat going, my friend as we head into the weekend. But that will do it, folks. That is leading off for the week. Any final thoughts, Bubba before we sign off.
Speaker 3: Everybody, have a great weekend. Make sure to do your fab when it matters. Got a couple more week to grind on that one. Don't be afraid to drop people you've been cleaning to all year because they might not be benefiting you when you need them the most the last few weeks. But good luck everybody, and we'll be back with you guys to start next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see if well she's around, you'll get one of us, for sure. We'll see if we'll see because football is a busy, busy entity at Fantasy pros this time of year, all year round really, but you'll have either one of us in Welsh or both of us in any event. Make sure you guys are subscribing if you are on the podcast feed, we'd really appreciate that. As the season winds down, we're still going to be here producing content. If you are on the YouTube side watching live, hit that thumbs up, hit that bell, hit the subscribe, do all that great stuff. There's a laundry list of things you can do to help out and it just involves a couple of clicks. Appreciate all of it, but that will do it. Guys. We will be back again on Monday, but until then, take care and best of luck because it is head to head championship weekend for a lot of you. Wishing you all the best, but we will see you again on Monday. Cheers. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving
Speaker 3: A positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB