Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong, and Jeckie and He.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Jed, who live a brum studio scene say it is a dimly lit room deep within the bowels of the Armstrong in Getty Communications Compound, Brand New Week, who knows What's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: And Joe Today we're under the tut ledge of our general manager. I know this is cut out there.
Speaker 4: I'm going with Javier Milay, the leader of Argentina. Short stops want to no, No, he's indeed the president of that lad He just had his party had a decisive victory in the legislature, the people saying essentially, yeah, this has been a tough transition, but we cannot go back to socialism. We're sticking with you. Let's hang with free markets and free people. It's awe inspiring. I was super afraid he was gonna lose, because weaning the junkie off of socialism is really difficult once people get dependent on it.
Speaker 2: Sure, JAVIERA.
Speaker 5: Malay didn't hit a clutch single and the sixth inning for the Blue Jays Friday night.
Speaker 2: He may have as well. He's a capable.
Speaker 5: Manton gonna swoar that was the name. How y'all doing brand new week? Isn't it exciting? Halloween's this Friday? You got kids or a neighborhood with kids coming to your house or whatever. Lots of decade.
Speaker 4: Don't appreciate you said, I don't appreciate the satanism. You know you do you you say that every year you die. I don't appreciate the satan worship.
Speaker 5: I saw a lot of kids in Halloween costumes over the weekend, so there must be a you know, you want to get more than one night's wear out of it. When I was a kid, we only wore at the one time. But I know now it's kind of become like Halloween week. You have a whole week of wearing your costume, which makes more sense to me because it took them to pick one out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's funny. You should mention that my buddy Cal, the Canadian that is a pseudonym, but I'm not going to use his real name, A Cal.
Speaker 2: I played golf with him yesterday.
Speaker 4: He's got a Halloween themed putter cover on, and I'm like, who has a Halloween putter cover. As I do, I get about two weeks worth the use out of it per year.
Speaker 2: Then I put it back in the garage.
Speaker 5: I saw somebody walking a dog yesterday in a Nemo outfit.
Speaker 2: Nemo the fish.
Speaker 4: The dog was in the Nemo outfit of the fish was in a dog outfit.
Speaker 2: No, it was the other way around. This dog was in a fish outfit.
Speaker 4: And I thought, so, you got your dog in a Halloween costume a full week early, so that your dog.
Speaker 2: That's all the use out of the costume.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because the dog was so excited about dress Calloween. Yeah, great conversation starter. I suppose, Oh look at your dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Blah blah blah. They were thrilled that I brought it up, as I as I tell.
Speaker 5: My kids about stuff like that, I say, people do that because they want you to talk about that, because I brought it. I said something the other day to a guy who had a handle bar mustache. You don't have a hand of bar mustache and not want people to notice, all right.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, of course, you know.
Speaker 4: The only I was just reading about how the trend in breast implants is smaller. The only exception of that rule is breast implants. You're not supposed to say, oh wow, your boobs are really big now, I mean, for instance, you know other things though they're designed to be noticed and remarked.
Speaker 2: You got Michael off guard. That's not the way he's been handling it.
Speaker 5: The President of the United States is on the other side of the world right now, visiting various countries and dancing various folk dances.
Speaker 2: If you saw that over the weekend, very charming, and he's.
Speaker 5: Going to be meeting with she on Thursday, and they announcing some sort of big trade deal that the markets and everybody's very excited about, in which the tariff will go down from one hundred and thirty five percent or whatever it's supposed to kick into down to ten percent.
Speaker 2: Likely and than.
Speaker 4: Our current punitive terrifying Canada, right because goodness, because of that Reagan ad which ad both ran both World Series games. I watched they got that run during the World Series game, right Yeah.
Speaker 5: How much money did Canada spend to get that add in a you know, a major sports event like that, A lot? I mean, is that taxpayer dollars? That is that an organization in Canada to the Canadian government by ad time during the World Series, so Americans would see Ronald Reagan talking about the evils of tariff.
Speaker 2: So what an interesting move.
Speaker 4: I think it was the leadership of Ontario Doug Ford, who's the Ford who's not dead, which everyone is still with us. I believe that was his doing. Who paid for it? I couldn't tell you. Do they have political action committees in Canada.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows. Harrison Ford, wrong guy, wrong guy, Henry Ford, Henry.
Speaker 5: But that's so he got the World Series being played in a foreign land, which just I can't get over. And they run commercials, they pay to run commercials to affect the politics between the United States and Canada by in theory, reminding conservatives that your favorite conservative president, Ronald Reagan thought tariffs were a terrible idea, and he did, and he that much is clear, and it is not in.
Speaker 2: The least misleading.
Speaker 4: Is it lacks context, but I don't think the context is fundamental to it.
Speaker 2: It is heavily edited, but it does not change the meaning whatsoever. I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree completely, and I would be shocked if the Supreme Court does not seriously limit the unilateral tariff power of.
Speaker 2: One man because it's a tax.
Speaker 5: For goodness sakes, watching MSNBC about this whole tariff thing with China specifically, and they made the point, and good for them that people say taco. But that's just so dumb. Trump's negotiating style, lots of people negotiating style is you shoot for the moon and then you get it down to a place that you wanted. That doesn't seem crazy by the time you get it down to that number, but is a huge win. So from Trump's standpoint, if the tariffs end up being ten percent, if he had started at ten percent, people would have been going crazy. A ten percent tariff on absolutely everything out of China.
Speaker 2: Do you know about was so much Chinese goods? How about Roy that's like a ten per blah.
Speaker 5: Blah blah, And he's gonna go from one hundred and thirty five to ten And people will, oh, okay, good, so barely nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not Trump always chickens out. That's Trump gets what he wanted. Is what that is?
Speaker 4: Trump starts at a maximalist position. It doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well.
Speaker 5: That's what that was the goal was, So then it's gonna work. Apparently, emotionally, but still ten percent tariff on you know, everything on Amazon practically.
Speaker 2: That's something, all right.
Speaker 4: One more note about Canada, speaking of my buddy Cali Canadian. So when we play golf semi frequently and Katie, the one of my kind of of stock lines when we're playing golf, if somebody hits a drive especially far or like accidentally nukes and iron over the green, I will say.
Speaker 2: Strong like bull, you know, gets a little chunkle. All right.
Speaker 4: Well, Cal said to me yesterday, you gotta start saying strong like transgender boy competing in girls sport.
Speaker 2: It's full wordy, but I like it. I said, yeah, it's a little long, but it is funny. I just saw the clip again at Trump doing the Malaysian dance. Well he kind of did.
Speaker 4: He met him halfway instead of just doing the stock Trump dance. He kind of, you know, he met him halfway with their their you know, folk dance throughing a little of the Malaysian folk dance, which oh yeah.
Speaker 5: H reminiscent of how they ran from the volcano in the year eighty five or something like that, who knows what it was.
Speaker 4: That's it's those moves that probably lured Milania to a side back in the day.
Speaker 2: Women love a guy who can dance.
Speaker 5: Let's start the show officially before we eat in trouble with the government, even during a shit go down. The FCC's on our tail. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is a Monday, like I said.
Speaker 4: October twenty seventh or twenty twenty five, or Armstrong and getting we approve of this program. Okay, let's begin then officially according the FCC rules of Regulations.
Speaker 2: Here we go at mark.
Speaker 6: That Zorhron is up against in this race mirrors what we are up against nationally, both an authoritarian criminal presidency fueled by corruption and bigotry.
Speaker 2: Zor ever wrong.
Speaker 5: We all need to get behind Zorra on every time she said that to so wrong?
Speaker 2: Is that the way we're supposed to say it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: Just play the beginning of that, Michael, I need to. I'm practicing that Zorhron is up against zhran Ho.
Speaker 2: There's like a hurrah in the middle of it. It's ahah. Where's he from? Where is national origin? His parents? Uganda? Right? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like Indian people from Uganda?
Speaker 2: Do you roll. They are on people from Uganda. Let's send an it. This is a weird, extraneous h sound more than an our role. Sure that. I still don't know if that's right. Sofron is up against I don't.
Speaker 5: Know that it's wrong, but it's the first time I've heard anybody say it that way.
Speaker 2: I hope the guy goes away and has never heard from again. That is the oppotion.
Speaker 5: So ron Mondanie, We'll play that whole clip from the big rally they had over the weekend. Bernie was there talking about Olive arks AOC brought it and then Doran got up there and this is gonna be a heck of an experiment. The way they portrayed it on Fox, which I thought was really interesting, is that.
Speaker 2: Was the big hitters.
Speaker 5: This is like the you know, the middle of the order for the Toronto Blue Jays. This is the big hitters coming up saying this is the Democratic Party. Now, this is what we are. All right, we're rent control, we're government controlled grocery stores. We're taking over get out of the way. That's what that rally was.
Speaker 2: That's Sofron buses woke education.
Speaker 4: That's right where you know, it's funny on the the right, in the center left, there's a view like, all right, now, everybody understands how crazy that is and how the woke left needs to go away. Well, the woke left doesn't get that they're gone down with your plan, does not agree with you.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited about the World Series Game three to night. I watched first two games very very entertaining, really enjoy it, tied one one, and then uh Shohtani's pitching tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Oh, game four, must see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say if it goes to four games, Jacks one one.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I haven't done the mac on it yet, but I think it's gonna beat think it's gonna be safe. That has to cheapest ticket I think is seven hundred dollars for tomorrow night because show Hay's pitching.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine that you can even get a ticket anyway.
Speaker 5: We got Katie's headlines on the way, We got a bunch of news to catch you up on. I hope you can stay here.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be good. Zor run Mono done. I want to talk.
Speaker 4: About sixty minutes story last night about Venezuela, which I thought was really really interesting as we're about to invade that country.
Speaker 2: I guess, I don't know what's got to happen there.
Speaker 5: We got as soon as the world's biggest aircraft carrier pulls in, we'll have fifteen thousand service people of various sorts, marines and sailors and that sort of stuff ready to invade. Do what ready to invade the country. But anyway, they featured how that was a really great one of the richest countries in the world and now is one of the poorest countries in the world because of socialism.
Speaker 2: That story.
Speaker 5: Last night when you got next door, Argentina re elected by a great margin. They're anti socialism president, which is very exciting. Yeah, they affirmed his party anyway. Yeah, it was like they had the midterms.
Speaker 2: It was very exciting. Yeah, socialism is a miserable, horrible failure. But I'm free damn time. I'm glad Argentina's aware of that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's and I liked sixty minutes pointing that out that it was a once rich and prosperous then socialism came along.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is that the effect? Barry Weiss already, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wonder if the moderate to conservative folks there are feeling empowered to write the truth. Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll have to see going forward. Hey, speaking of reporting, let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green, Katie, A child told me this one, Katie, what did the horse say when he tripped and fell?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Help, I've fallen and I can't get you up. Child.
Speaker 7: That's cute, you worry, child, very cute. I won't smash it because a child told you. Starting with Fox News, NBA Hall of Famer Chauncey Billups denies any wrongdoing after arrest in FBI gambling probe.
Speaker 5: So they're making some noise in Fox this morning about former Chargers star and tone Neo Gates playing at those games back in the day or something. And I didn't quite get the source of that. But the dragging the NFL into the games, I don't know.
Speaker 7: From the Guardian, US and China reach quote final deal on.
Speaker 5: TikTok sale, Okay, same question remains and I still haven't figured it out.
Speaker 2: Is the algorithm come with it or not? That's the question. No one knows.
Speaker 7: From the AP truck driver in fatal Florida crash repeatedly.
Speaker 2: Failed his driving tests. He failed the CDL ten times. Somebody ought to be on the hook for murder for reel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no kidding from the Wall Street Journal America's hottest new investment rare earth companies.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is really speaking of, uh, you know, great developments of national awakenings and credit to the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: We as a country, private.
Speaker 4: And public entities seem to be aware that, Look, we can't be dependent on China for anything that's essential at all. Cheap crappy toys, yes, rare earths for batteries and silicon chips and the rest of it. No, no, and I hope that continues on to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies and all sorts of other stuff.
Speaker 2: This would have been a mess.
Speaker 7: NBC flights to Los Angeles International Airport temporarily halted due to air traffic controller shortage.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can hear more about that in the coming days if the shutdown doesn't end.
Speaker 7: From USA today quote, I am not done. Kamala Harris weighs in on another presidential.
Speaker 2: Bid, go for it. Wow wow Wow? Does that a lack of self awareness? Is that because Gavinan admitted over the weekend that he's running I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like a band got booed off the stage, then their backstage saying should we go out for an encore?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: From the New York Post, the Real Life Ways, bad advice from AI bots is sending people to the er with everything from anal pain to many strokes.
Speaker 2: What did you do? I want to read that story. We'll have that story for you later.
Speaker 7: STUDDI findes open AI slipped shopping into eight hundred million chat GPT users chats so like they would bring something up and then it would say, oh, well, there's a product.
Speaker 2: That can help you with that, and give them the link. Oh that's not the least bit surprising.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, Hey, I tell you what golfers Chat GPT has giving me a couple of.
Speaker 2: Great golf lessons. Really I will.
Speaker 4: I will tell it, Hey, I'm struggling with this, how can I improve? And it'll say, great, question, that's really common. What's happening is blankety blank, here are three drills that really help. And you know, I don't want to put the golf pros of the world out of work, but it's like, really good.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting, all righty.
Speaker 4: Like give you real time feedback is to whether you're executing it or not, but it helps Katie.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you could show it a video and it would say here's what I want. I'm sure you could. Oh wow, all right.
Speaker 7: Finally, from the Babylon Bee, serial killer unwinds after a long day by listening to his favorite podcast about housewives.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: Guaranteed you could show a video or it will be able to at some point and then chat GBT will tell you what to do to improve your your tennis swing or golf swing or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: That's wild. Gonna put a lot of pros out of business.
Speaker 1: Yepes Armstrong and Getty, good grief. Of all the problems we have in this country, this should not rank in the top one hundred. Presidents have always renovated the White House. The White House, as you know, hasn't had a convening space. That's why they've had to keep bringing in But you heard Mark.
Speaker 2: Up to grow. Nothing like this has happened to this scale.
Speaker 1: The Oval Office as we know it is less than one hundred years old. This idea that everything that sort of we've seen in TV has always been just isn't true? If the White House has always been a work in progress, it's needed a large space for events, So we're going to have one. If Barack Obama had done this, Republicans would be losing their minds.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump is doing it.
Speaker 1: Democrats are losing theirs.
Speaker 4: That might be my favorite pundit in all of America. Sarah Isger of the Dispatch. She is really really good.
Speaker 2: That was strong. Yeah. Yeah, and she is not trumpy. She worked in the Trump Justice Department and is not trumpy. Yeah. I said this last week. I really think this is the best.
Speaker 5: Practically every topic you could do this on, whether it was masks during COVID or you know, pick your topic where if you switched presidents in a parallel universe, everybody would be doing the exact opposite of what they're doing.
Speaker 2: But I really think on this one, I think a lot of y'all, if.
Speaker 5: Joe Biden were doing this, would be going crazy about how awful this is, and Democrats would be arguing the White House has always.
Speaker 2: Been renovated, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: So it's I mean, it's just completely based on who's doing it, Well, that's the game we're playing. I try to not be frustrated by how stupid it is, because there are so many important things going on, so many important ideas that need to be considered. But I just you know, the longer I observe politics and I should have woke it up to this years and years ago, the more I realize it is the stupid stuff that's politics. Who wins that stupid, stupid game gets to do the things that matter.
Speaker 2: As Charles Crowdhammer pt, Wow, that would be a tiring job. I think you're right.
Speaker 5: I think this sort of person that can become a politician is the sort of person that can get out there every day in front of a group of people, or sit down with with somebody in the media and argue about the stupid crap and say stuff that they know themselves. They'd be on the exact opposite side if the party did the same thing. But you have to do that all day every day to get to the things that the where the money gets spent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a way, it's it's weird and unrelated.
Speaker 4: It's like having to win a sprint to get into the finals of a chess championship. I mean, what is duping people with more clever rhetoric have to do with sound fiscal policy?
Speaker 2: Very little. That's just the way the game is played.
Speaker 4: Speaking politics, do you know Democratic Congressman Jared Golden of Bangor, Maine, which my name was Jared Golden, but he's Jared Golden.
Speaker 2: What are you doing for it? Woo man. Guys want to be in girls want to anyway.
Speaker 4: He didn't just vote with Republicans on the Houses of vote to avoid the government shutdown, he has said, and is continuing to say, they were right in their criticism of his party stance. You know, not surprisingly he's the swing district guy. But the House pasted the GOP stopgap measure last month, but it's been blocked by Democrats in the Senate.
Speaker 2: There are still a few votes short.
Speaker 4: Golden has argued his party's healthcare demands and the government's shutdown are totally separate issues, and that government democrats should not be using the shutdown as leverage. What they're doing is wrong, he said in an interview. He's a tattooed Marine corvette forty three year old centrist. So the shutdown is still going on, Yes, apparently so Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schuma has demanded bipartisan negotiations to extend expiring Affordable Act healthcare subsidies that were enacted during COVID. Anyway, that's probably enough of that. We'll let the pr war continue. I'm continually just shocked and how bad the Republican messaging is. Somebody tells me what is the other than the Schumer shutdown, which is just not great?
Speaker 2: I mean, make that part of it.
Speaker 4: Somebody please tell me what is the one sentence, eloquent explanation to the American people of why there's a shutdown right now?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard it, have you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: How can your messaging people not have come up with that at this point?
Speaker 5: But it's got to be something around the fact that we're going back to what the Obamacare subsidies were before the pandemic.
Speaker 2: It's not a big deal, right there. You just drafted it. That's perfect. I got rumba. How do you ever win elections Republicans?
Speaker 4: Speaking of the silly, silly game we play anyway this, Jared Golden Guy says Democratic leaders have fallen prey to the demands of far left groups who want them to quote, put on a show of their opposition to President Trump while hurting Americans in the process. I would agree with them, change of topic. This might be nothing, or it might be huge. A US military helicopter and a jet fighter from the same aircraft carrier crashed into the South China Sea within thirty minutes of each other yesterday.
Speaker 5: Seems pretty crazy. I saw Trump ask about it. His comment was, it's just, you know, just a random occurrence. It's no big deal. Might maybe a reason he's saying that seems like a heck of a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 4: You're in one of the most disputed parts of the ocean in the world, where China has been newly assertive in the last couple of years. Obviously with the tensions around Taiwan going on, the Chinese have been bullying everybody in the area. You know, a giant aircraft carrier has a hell of a lot of in this case F eighteen's and helicopters, and it's possible if they're really actively doing maneuvers. Yeah, you got two mishaps within thirty minutes of each other. But doesn't that sound like the opening to like a really good river fitting war movie where you find out that China's got some sort of secret ray beam or some way to jam our computers and crash two planes and then let the Pentagon know. Yeah, that's us, and we can do that anytime we want. By the way, yeah, exactly, some sort of I don't know, navigation jamming a frequency or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Obviously, neither one of us are experts in this, but it just it feels like the opening to a much bigger narrative to me.
Speaker 2: Everybody's okay, thank god.
Speaker 5: Did you see that Putin hailed some new can't be detected missile over the weekend that are Pentagon acknowledged exists some new fancy missile that can travel around the world and you know, no time flat and can't be picked up by radar, like a new a newer version than the hyper missile, like a really scary crap. Hope we have some way to stop it, or we have something like that or whatever. Got to just put up a big fence around the country like it's a driving range driving.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Probably why Trump has been trying to push that Golden Dome or silver Dome or whatever he's talking about is because of this kind of technology.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the new invincible nuclear missile. That's what Putin called it.
Speaker 5: Moscow carried out a successful test of its new invincible nuclear capable cruise missile. The Kremlin now working to deploy the doomsday weapon, Vladimir Putin said as a heck of a statement to put out days after Trump hits the two big oil companies with the tariffs that they're getting it Pope positioned to be able to launch nuclear weapons if they need to.
Speaker 4: It is such a pisser that they have such a nuclear arsenal and missiles, because they well, they're they're an unhealthy dwarf with one giant muscular arm. That's their nuclear arsenal. The other than that, as a military and as a economy, which just a basket case.
Speaker 5: Putin previously touted the weapon as his invincible missile, capable of bypassing all current and future.
Speaker 2: Missile defense systems. That's an odd statement, all right.
Speaker 5: He also claimed that he say it shirtless while mounted on a tiger. He also claimed that the nuclear armed missile has a nearly unlimited range and an unpredictable flight path, making it impossible to intercept, capable of flying for fifteen hours if it needs to can cover a distance of nine thousand miles, which makes it easily capable of reaching New York City at or Washington, d C, which is what all the media cares about.
Speaker 2: So that ain't good. No, No, let's hope it's never used. But the world is complicated to you. Few easy answers out there. What's that? What'd you say there at the end? I missed it.
Speaker 4: Me? Yeah, oh, I said there are few easy answers out there. Well I got I'd say, yeah, yeah, Well this is an easy one. Contributing to our friends at Warrior Foundation Freedom Station coming up?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 2: A week from Thursday? Yeah, that's right, on the sixth.
Speaker 4: It's the annual Warrior Foundation Freedom Station Givathon this year in March, twenty one years of serving our ill and injured warriors in this gibathon as a chance to fly them home for the holidays, which is a cool thing they do every year because everyone deserves to be at their loved ones, especially those who've sacrificed so much for our country.
Speaker 2: You could donate money to make sure they get to wake up at home on Christmas.
Speaker 4: And your tax deductible donation is more than a gift. It's a powerful way to say thank you to warriors who would never ask for help, but they need it. Warrior Foundation Freedom Station would not exist without the continued generosity of patriotic Americans like yourselves. To learn more and donate, you can just call six' one Nine warrior six one Nine warrior or Visit Warrior foundation dot. Org remember this is not that similarly named organization which with much different. Numbers for a, fee activeness and efficiency with your. Money Warrior foundation dot org got kind of.
Speaker 5: A breaking news story that The Donald trump received AN mri result this, week with no answers as to what it was. For White house faces new questions Over trump's health examination with that news breaking. OUT i don't know if that's anything or.
Speaker 2: Not he's an old.
Speaker 5: Person when you get to be eighty years, old which he almost, is you get all kinds of checkups and tests and things happen all the time because you're.
Speaker 2: Right blood pressure and cholesterol and heart and everything does things it's not supposed to do on a regular.
Speaker 4: Basis and your, bones your. Moones for all we, know his elbow hurts all the. Time and he, said and the doctor, said, yeah we'll do AN. Mri, yeah or he's a big fat. Guy my stomach's always. Upset what's the? Deal so they did AN mri, Right maybe he's got the anal Pain katie told us about. Her, wow did you Get jack?
Speaker 2: That still like you should give us a warning before you say that it's their. Fault it's more fun that. Way shot ap, oh, boy got THE ap. Going that's tough to.
Speaker 4: Get tough to concentrate on what you're doing when you got THE, ap no doubt, right especially On. Monday you're starting a brand new.
Speaker 5: Week, right it's got traffic AND i got a stack of work on my desk AND ap right's.
Speaker 2: Right hard to keep a smile on your. Face the worst time to have.
Speaker 4: It it's the worst time to Have michael starting a new week on A. Monday you get to work.
Speaker 2: The weekend not so.
Speaker 5: Great antal pain a lot ant pin sorry to hear, That, Jim oh my, god the things have gone off the. Rails we got to get this back on the rails with some more news and. STUFF I joe's got nail bag on The waistay here as you're really really enjoying watching The world, series man getting into the rhythm of something that IS.
Speaker 2: I don't, know normal. Feeling now how the world has not seemed normal the last half dozen. Years, yeah what's the Word i'm always? Using precarious to get?
Speaker 4: Together you got The American, league you got The National. League they're going to play, it best of seven. Series three strikes still makes you, know on, out et, cetera et. Cetera you got to run the bases around in that.
Speaker 7: Order you.
Speaker 4: Can't you can't HAVE aoc running to third base first and crying racism or whatever the hell. That's you don't Have zohran trying to take us back to the glory days of The Soviet. Union here's your freedom loving quote of the, day set along By jeff And Hoggs, Nipple. TENNESSEE i believe that's an unincorporated. Area it's from the Great WILLIAM.
Speaker 2: F Buckley. Jr.
Speaker 4: Quote the best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive. Citizenry there you. GO i Wish i'd known the word inatory when my kids were. Young you get a little usurpatory there with your fresh.
Speaker 2: Mouth all. Right the best defense is a what an aggressive citizen an asserted as right. Right of, course that was back when there was a.
Speaker 4: Congress you, know it would be nice if the people still had representatives in the government as opposed to professional, fundraisers.
Speaker 2: Which is kind of the situation right. Now mailbag.
Speaker 4: Got a lot of great stuff on The great, feminization but first got this over the, weekend AND i liked it so. Much you were discussing briefly last week guys taking their wife's name when they get married and how common that.
Speaker 2: Was jim, SAYS i get it's, odd but what if she has a really cool, name Like steel Or? DANGER i would.
Speaker 5: AGREE i would AGREE i marry somebody Named i'm taking your last.
Speaker 2: Bag I'm Joe. Danger where DO i? Sign? Hell? Yeah great Point jim.
Speaker 4: That he really enjoyed the feminization of organizations discussion we had last, week speaking of which we got this note From.
Speaker 2: Lee i'm in the education. Field our school is mostly.
Speaker 4: Remote at a quarterly two and a half our in person staff meeting On, friday and the time is pretty valuable since we're rarely together in the. Flesh the first thirty minutes of the, meeting we designated time to write postcards of gratitude to anyone in our organization that we wanted to. Thank then we had more time to go around and introduce ourselves and share how we were.
Speaker 2: FEELING i immediately thought of the go. AHEAD i just took the wind out of.
Speaker 4: Me le. SAID i immediately thought of the great feminization piece and was incredibly amused by the whole, thing which was Totally montessori.
Speaker 2: Kindergarten, yeah, no.
Speaker 4: Kid one of the key lines from the essay was women can sue if their organization is a little too frat. Housey but where did guys go to sue if the organizations run like A montosori?
Speaker 2: Kindergarten, Right no dudes would ever.
Speaker 5: Say, okay and then we're going to take twenty minutes to go around and explain how we feel before we aren't the.
Speaker 2: Meeting i'm feeling, like let's get to work. ANYWAY i spent my, time.
Speaker 4: All, RIGHT i spend my time answering important emails, instead and then shuddered WHEN i realized that everyone else probably sent out our supervisor gratitude postcards AND i would send out as the only one who.
Speaker 2: Didn't. Uh THEN i had to laugh.
Speaker 4: Again this type of, calculation as if my good standing in the village was at. Stake it struck me as very a very feminine reaction too. Clearly but, yeah, yeah you're judged not by your skill as a warrior or business person or educator or sales guy or whatever it's does everybody like?
Speaker 2: You are you getting the approval of? Everyone you?
Speaker 4: Know we got this great email on the same. TOPIC i feel like we don't have time for. IT a very, nice well reasoned pushback from a beloved female.
Speaker 2: Listener, okay well we have three. Minutes three, Minutes, yeah do.
Speaker 4: It, yeah, okay let's see she's left, leaning which is. Fine thank you for being. Here, MOSTLY i just wanted to, SAY i think one of the, things the idea that quote institutions have been degraded by feminism or feminization seems to imply that these institutions were functioning ideally. Before that's that's a false. Argument it's a bit of a straw, Man. EMILY i would say they're functioning better, before but certainly with, flaws and when there was no feminine, input it lacked.
Speaker 2: It it needed it in my.
Speaker 4: Opinion, anyway perhaps they were functioning well for the people that were mostly working within them or that they. Served, however during a lot of our, history women and other groups were not included as part of that opinion or, conversation you've expanded other, groups making a bit of a nod toward, racism which again is it's it's a red.
Speaker 2: Herring that's not the argument here at.
Speaker 4: All but your greater, point do we need input from other than just quote unquote old white.
Speaker 2: Guys, sure that's. Fine growth is, good change is.
Speaker 4: Good As joe frequently, says societies tend to swerve from guardrail to guardrail and hit a period where things are smooth briefly in the. Middle where's ther other key? Argument WHILE i see you, Both, oh she takes a shot at, you but it's a little long at the risk of being even more long, winded but, Tangentially i've heard you guys make the point several times that girls tend toward group think a lot more easily than. GUYS i fear again that this has targeted the argument specifically to one. Gender this is not a female. Problem it is an adolescent, problem or maybe even more a human. Problem and she talked about trends among youthful. People, yeah but we're not talking about. Kids we're talking about important adult. Institutions. Oh and then she debates that all women are LIKE. X but the, point and it was made very well in the, essay is that the larger the, group the more the average tends towards statistical. Averages, obviously an individual woman might be taller than an individual, man but if you get a hundred men and a hundred, WOMEN i guarantee you the average height of the men is going to be greater than that of. Women and it's, tendencies it's not you, know every single instance that women tend to be, more you, know tend toward feminine attributes that we're talking.
Speaker 2: About, ANYWAY i don't mind the. PUSHBACK i wish we had a little.
Speaker 5: MORE i just don't think you can possibly deny the fact that every institution we've got has become more. Feminized call, whatever call whatever you, want give whatever label you, want but more that more go along.
Speaker 2: To get along as opposed to looking for.
Speaker 5: Excellence, wow if you missed a segment at the Podcast Armstrong getty on The, Men we've got a lot of stuff on the Way armstrong And getty