Speaker 1: What's up, Friendoz, and welcome in. This is Leading Off. I am the Welsh. That is Casey, Bubba. We were brought to you by Price Picks. You guys can check out Price Picks today, download the app and use the promo code Leading Off get a one match up to one hundred bucks start prize picking today. We will do it here in just a little bit, Bubba. I feel like I haven't seen you in a fortnight or along that. How long is a Fortnite?
Speaker 2: The Fortnite's too long. I don't know the kids know these days because they play that game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's not about Royale or anything. But I don't remember how long.
Speaker 3: It's a while.
Speaker 2: It's been a while, dude, it's been too long. Too long, as the kids would say, No, the kids don't say that it's been too long. But it's great to see your pretty face.
Speaker 1: The kids would say, we busting. We're busting on this episode, Bubba. That's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Obviously we got to catch up with a lot of stuff things going on this week. Playoff runs are happening, so it's an important time. I would remind you guys, if you guys have any fantasy questions start and sit streamers, whatever it is, drop it in the chat. We will answer that here in just a tiny bit. Plus some I have a speculative prospect that I think has to come up, has to come up, which we'll talk about here. Plus we're gonna be making some bets. Actually laid down, I did the stupid thing, tracked my bets last night, went to bed forgot to put them in, and then I did it this morning and got hit with a little bit of the odds, which was no fun. But still playing some bets. We're gonna be doing all of that here. It is nice to see you all, and thank you for some of the tweets of people being like where's leading off? It's like we just we took that Monday off and it completely threw me off. My Monday felt like a Sunday. Today does not feel like a Wednesday, especially with this being the first leading off of the week. So we're gonna have some adjustment period, so hopefully you guys will hang with us. We're gonna kick off the show with how about freakin' jose al tuove Altuve homeward in each of his first three the first three innings actually say, three at bats, but the first three innings yesterday. He has got homers in four straight played appearances which went back to Monday, and five homers over six played appearances. It's the most in a two game span in Astro's history, and tied for the most over two games in MLB history. But but yeah, Bagman and I had done a decent amount about Jose Al Tuve recently, within the last month or so, just talking about you know, the injuries have kind of derailed his season. He was one of those guys that we put out as like a trade target before the trade deadline, just because you know, he was kind of quietly sitting around really not doing any I mean, he was doing some stuff, but it the miss time and the production didn't add up to where the value is. You look now, career high barrel percentage, his batting his XBA, by the way, two point fifty two is one of the lower he's had over the last couple of years. But he's got the highest wOBA of his career right now at four to twelve. He's hitting the ball crazy hard right now. He is a monster, and if he doesn't get too too hot, he's going to become a value next year in fantasy. But he's a guy that is you know, he's a guy that's gonna ride you to your championship right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's helping teams cruise to the victory line right now. It'll be interesting to see how he finishes up. But yeah, three twenty one average, fifteen homers, thirteen steals given. Five of those fifteen home runs came in two games lately. But he's still walking a ton. You mentioned the you know, you mentioned the whoe, but two forty three ISO shows that the power is pretty darn legit as well, and the overall numbers just great for Rozel Twove. Injuries did derail his season, and I guess that'd be my biggest concern going forward with him as he's thirty three now, be thirty four next season. Yeah, this could be a thing going forward, So it's tough to like fully invest in the future, but for now, enjoy it because he's helping teams in a big, big way.
Speaker 1: Next not to do the whole next but we were literally just talking about this off air. We'd like to try not to go too much into talking about next year, but we're gonna kind of do it because there's some things we're gonna talk about here that it's just like, where's the relevancy to right now? Well, who would you rather have or who do you think you're gonna have next year at second base? Jose al Tuve or Jazz Chisholm.
Speaker 3: That's a good one, pooh question.
Speaker 2: I like Chisholm's ceiling more than al Tuove, so I probably gamble on Chishom.
Speaker 3: But two, it's pretty darn safe.
Speaker 1: How about who plays more games next year?
Speaker 3: Jazz probably A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so I think I think that will be the thing we're starting to talk about next year when we're looking at that second base spot. Ozzi has kind of solidified. He's taken off Yeah yeah, yeah, like he he's created the tier. Well, really, I should actually say Mooki because Mookie playing so much second base that's crazy. Has Mooki gotten to twenty this year?
Speaker 3: I believe, So I'll double check. I think it's shortstop.
Speaker 2: He's like one or two short, but it's a he's gonna be second base outfit eligible next year, so.
Speaker 1: He'll be number one second base and then it'll be like his tier, and then it'll be the Ozzie Tier and then we'll move down. And I think that's where you're gonna live in Li the Jazz Altuove range, and I think it's going to be like do you want the production that you trust or are you going to go in with the ceiling of Josel Tuve.
Speaker 2: He's played fifty three I can't be right. So it has played fifty three games at second base this year, sixteen at shortstop, and ninety seven in the outfield.
Speaker 1: Does that math work out? That doesn't that math doesn't work out.
Speaker 3: I guess, well, well, it might have been shifting in and out of game.
Speaker 1: But how many started? Because he probably.
Speaker 2: They're saying forty seven starts at second base.
Speaker 3: That doesn't seem right.
Speaker 1: But is that someone who's been paying attention?
Speaker 3: Has that been That doesn't seem right? But maybe, like I'm looking at it, it's on fangrass and I'm like it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this though, like so like Fred just put this in the chat. He's like, Keel Marte has been solid. This has nothing to do with Ketel Marte. This is like a I'm so excited to start talking about the next year, values into the off season and building the right because it's like these questions. Richard said, how about this one at McClain or Altuve. You know, McLain absolute monster. Obviously the injury towards the end isn't gonna help, but that's you're gonna probably appreciate his value a little bit, which is gonna be phenomenal. I'll present this to you if Altuve is a what'd you say, fourth rounder?
Speaker 3: Third rounder by a fourth rounder. If he's a.
Speaker 1: Fourth rounder and McLain is a seventh rounder, I'm gonna take McLain. Yeah, I'm gonna take McLain on the value, and I think that's what we're gonna be looking at. But al Tuove, I guess the point is though he could even drop further because of the age and the not big counting stats, because of the mistime, and he might be a major target next year instead of doing some chasing, instead of me doing some crazy chasing at the position trying to get the upside of jazz, or what if that flipped, what if it's like McLain in the fifth and Altuve in the sixth.
Speaker 2: Let's have fun with this like the sime and simeon. But al Tuove, your house on Kim.
Speaker 1: So if it's a huge, if this is Altuve in the fourth or Kim in the ninth, let take Kim.
Speaker 2: See this second base is actually interesting. I just pulled up some guys here, you know, Thyrostrado missed some time, still going to finish with ten homers, nineteen steals and then add on to whatever he does the rest of the month. Labor Torres is awesome, and he kind of gets overlooked a lot, and Andres Jimenez average is in great but power speed still there. So it's a better position, I think. And then does like Horry Palanko or Edward Julian make a step forward to your liking type situation.
Speaker 1: Let me present this to you. Is this going to be the first time we usually actually do it with third base, but this is the first time in forever, first time in for it that we're not going to cry about second base. It actually might be actually deep.
Speaker 2: Literally pulling that page up, I'm like, I could live with ten to maybe fifth at this point in time. Obviously we'll break it down more, but I could sleep at nights going, okay, one of these top fifteen guys, okay, cool, I can live with that.
Speaker 1: I think that's what's going to be nice. It's really going to be about what that you know, the position is going to end up looking like a reminder again. Any questions pop them in, we're gonna be answering them for your playoff runs here in just a tiny bit. Also in the news, Angels manager Phil Nevin was speaking to reporters on Tuesday said that Otani's right bleak injury is quote just a tiny bit of inflammation. Who was a late scratch on Monday. It kind of followed with saying he's going to avoid the injured list at least for now and they'll be monitored day to day. I am still shocked that Otani is going and that he hasn't shut it down. There are people clamoring shut it down, get the injury eno and I if people want to listen on rates and barrels, we actually talked about this situation, and you know, I'm forgetting what the surgery was. Had described a type of surgery that you can do that could knock you down for six months, which was story Hud. I think so, and it's it's like a brace almost not a thing. That's what it is. It was, Yeah, it was like the brace in the arm and what that would do with that could bring him back hitting by spring training. He actually if you were to go now, because what they said was the recovery time is like a six month period, but you can start hitting after four. If he did it now, he could start hitting in January, which would get you good for March April, and then maybe wherever he is doesn't look like it's gonna be the Angels now all that like oo, they're going to swind back with the Angels, all that nasty stuff. If if you want to play a little slow, maybe he doesn't pitch until May, and that gives him more time to recover. I'm saying all this to say that the injury that he's got has looked like it's not as serious to if you hit, you're not going to reaggravate it too much, so you can continue to hit. But the potential options here versus what he can do the rest of the season, they do not make sense for what he's doing right now. If you're going to go land your big contract, you're trying to recover, if you're dealing with any little tiny bits of inflammation. If I say the word inflammation. When you have a Tommy John surgery looming right now and you're a two way player, shut it down. Some shocked that he's still not shut down, but that's the latest news about it. I've got him in a head to head playoff run right now and it is absolutely brutal. And he's a hitter pitcher now, he's a hitter, and I don't I don't know if I trust to start him, and I think it's I think it's going to sink me, Bubba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I hope it doesn't sink you. I can see where your head's at on that though, because I think there's a lot of people with those same sentiments out there right now. He should have had surgery a while ago, like this oblique thing. It came out later on Monday, earlier in the day, his agent, Otani's agent even came out and said Otani will have a procedure. His goal is to DH all of next season is pitching twenty twenty five. Thus, what you and you know were talking about, and the first thing it came to mind was the Trevor story deal. Because six months gets you back out there playing catch. You said, four months hitting and that's going to help him out a ton, obviously in the contract.
Speaker 3: Side of things, but that means you need to have it now.
Speaker 1: That's how it now, Yeah, exactly, because if you wait to finish out the year, then you're going to start a hitting program in February when camps are going up. You do it now, and you're leading yourself into spring training.
Speaker 3: And it's like, he's it's so weird.
Speaker 2: Because we talked about, Okay, maybe if he plays out the season, that means he'll sign with the Angels again on a short deal because they can you know, Okay, if you missed the first month whatever, we've had you this time.
Speaker 3: Great. It's just such a weird situation. I don't get it at all.
Speaker 1: Did you see in one of the greatest things of all time the photo shoot from yesterday with just the guy? There's like some random gage.
Speaker 3: Did you see what I tweeted out about it? Apparently not.
Speaker 2: No, there's a picture and it shows the guy standing there, and then in front of him is like Trout and Rendona and stuff. I said, the only thing crazier than a stand in for Otani because they're gonna basically photoshop his face on him. The only thing crazier than that is Anthony Rendon remembered how to put a baseball jersey.
Speaker 1: Ar I did, right, I mean, I think Grendon's the worst. Like the day before, Oh yeah, no, I know he's able, yeah, no, hobbleringlass when someone tried to interview I think he's one of the worst. And there are people come, you know, and there's probably because like there are guys that kind of suck but are beloved. Like listen, Granky kind of sucks in some ways, like he's not a pleasant person to other baseball players, to fans. He does quirky things that sometimes suck, but sometimes they're also like really funny. So he's he's a kind of like he's kind of jerky, but in a in a in a way that we can relate with at some points, like like, for instance, in spring training last year, I've actually seen this guy. There was this guy that has this entire jump suit that's like a it's like a weed jumpsuit. It's most ridiculous that he looks like an insane person. And he had asked Granky for his autograph, and Granky looked at him and he said, if I can take a picture of you, and sure enough he did, and he posted it like that's funny. That's that's actually really funny. Rendon sucks like he's not like he he I don't know what the redeeming quality about him is in general, he just stinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's bad, bad deal all around. So hopefully that gets resolved quickly. Also, maybe that's what Atani's waiting for. You either get rid of him or I'm gonna play it out and go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that would be the coole the best. But yeah, it's a disaster and I'm so excited, we're all excited for Actually, as a card person, I think tops should take that picture of the stand in Otani and make that a card of.
Speaker 3: That should be like an air or an alternate card or something on percent.
Speaker 1: That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Like you have the team picture card, the Angels card, but half of them, like a quarter of them have the fake Otani.
Speaker 1: Perfect so funny, have be so funny. Julio Rodriguez two for five with four RBI yesterday, two homers. I believe as well. Since August first. Check this out. Julio has played twenty nine games since August first, Bob, are you looking at the sheet?
Speaker 3: I just pulled it up. I haven't read it.
Speaker 1: Don't get it, don't look at it. How many games of those twenty nine games has he not registered a hit?
Speaker 2: Since I play him in DFS almost every single day and on props, out of the twenty nine games, he said, yeah, I'm gonna say he didn't register a hit in four.
Speaker 1: You nailed it. You absolutely nailed it. Four games, four games of his last twenty nine since August first, he has not had a hit in that period of time. He has the second highest war in baseball. He has ten homers and the second most stolen bases during that time, which is bonkers have believed evert twenty five but twelve twelve stolen bases in that time. And it's you know, it doesn't really matter. It's again, this is one of those things. What does it help you right now? It's just a reaffirmation of Juliardriguez's value going into next season, there'll be no actual value because had he ended cold, he'd have probably been like five or six or something maybe at the back end. But when we go back and look at this season, even if people have checked out because football this week, you're gonna see Julliard Regez is lead and he's yeah, he's going to be easy top five.
Speaker 3: If not the number two, you might be the second hitter after Accoon.
Speaker 1: You know, he might have solidified himself as top three.
Speaker 3: I mean, legit, like good argument.
Speaker 2: The argument between Bets and Julio is the one that's gonna be a fun one because we had the Bets talk last week. Now with Julio entering the chat, that gets really interesting real quick.
Speaker 1: Well there's a bunch of I mean, you know, and then you throw in like, you know, Carol has kind of tapered back a little bit, but when you look at his season totals, you're going to be like, whoa. And then Bobby Witt as well. But Julio, with what Julio's done right here, this might have solidified two or three. So it was like a top three overall. He has been going nuts. A guy that has been going nuts that I think we talked about recently Jordan Walker, and someone said, please don't bring him up here, but we've got to. He is going off. He has three straight multi hit games, three straight games with a homer after going three for four with three runs and two RBI. He also had a homer yesterday. And I've talked about him in a couple different spots. I think Jordan Walker he's borderlining the values gone now of what you're going to be able to get him in the off season for like a good value. But here's my question. I think we've asked this two or three times this season. You know, as the season has gone on right now, rest of season, would you rather have Jordan Walker or would you rather have Ellie Daily Cruz Jordan Walker?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think he's more of a peer hitter like Daily Cruise is way too much for you can miss still and like you mentioned Walker's success seven game hitting streak right now, hitting six hundred, Like, dude's a beast.
Speaker 1: He's going crazy. He's finding his rhythm and that's the important thing.
Speaker 3: And a young player. Shocker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had what was the one Eno and I were talking about Jordan Walker? I had, I had done a Oh, I asked him this one, Jordan Walker or Royce Lewis next year.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm still a Royce Lewis guy. I'm still a Royce Lewis guy. But I respect I won't that's one of those. I won't to argue you if you pick Jordan Walker.
Speaker 1: That's very fair, you know, and I both picked Jordan Walker for next year, but.
Speaker 2: Questions the rest of this season teammates Jordan Walker or Tyler O'Neil.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, Tyler neil had three hits yesterday as well. I think I go Walker, Yeah, Marmel still I think he deals still deep down hates Tyler O'Neill. So feels like, yeah, like I think there's always a chance, but like Jordan Walker is just on a complete tear right now. Lower strikeout guy makes really good, really really big haryard contact. I think Jordan Walker is a guy we could see hit thirty homers next year. And I don't know if that's like people like duh or not, but like, he hasn't hit quite at the level and I don't think his pace numbers go there, but I think he's going to hit thirty homers next year, especially as he's found his comfortability. And I think a really good key to like young players like this. Maybe you can throw it out for veterans, but a guy that can come up, can struggle, can be sent down, can come back, struggle and then just pop. You've overcome that adversity, and I think you can take a lot of that going into next season, and we'll have a lot of breakdowns of Jordan Walker because he has been pretty awesome. And then finally, just throwing this out, John Carlos Stanton reached a He reached his four hundredth home run with the Yankees at they beat the Tigers. He's the fourth fast this in Major League history to get to four hundred homers, only behind Mark McGuire, Babe Ruth, Alex Rodriguez, and Albert Poolholz is that these numbers look a little different at the stat Maybe this was like doubles or something, because the numbers that are there are weird. But that was what I saw, that he was one of the fastest to get to four hundred. So gean Carlos Stanton doing some stuff. Here's some rookie lookies. Jason Dimingez has hits in every single game he's played. Plus he's hit two homers over the weekend. And let's throw on top of it hitting third for the Yankees. Hitting third, I was very vocal about Jason Dimingez. A lot of prospects are out there, but I said, twelve team five outfield er, not to be not to be like Joe, like I told you, but did say like, this is a guy that I was immediately picking up. I was putting priority over a lot of other You guys can hear me sometimes, like we'll talk about a prospect and I want to like be like, oh no, because I'm not a black and white guy. Like I think there's gray area with stuff, and there's so many people that will talk you in affirmatives like this is how it goes. I don't think that's true, and I don't think anybody knows those. But you'll hear when I kind of perk up about certain guys and I'll be a little bit more aggressive about them. I was like that with Ellie, was like that with Strand for better or for worse, And I was like that with Jason Dimingez coming up and he has been awesome and hitting three for the Yankees, Bubba, do you trust Jason Dimingue's rest of season as a fifth outfielder in a twelve team.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? I added him in one of my twelves. He wasn't added in the other two. I talked about that on my show. So he'll be a heavy target this week. And I've been playing them every day on DFS. He's been too cheap bat and third in that lineup. The way he's in Big Fan, he's been nuts.
Speaker 1: Now here's a prospect that I think needs to come up. It needs to come up this week. And this is gonna be my predictor thing, because if it doesn't happen this week, I don't know what we're doing. Arizona Diamondbacks Jordan Lawler needs to come up. He now has four straight multi hit games. Last night he had two home and in the month of September. He's up in the PCL right now, so the numbers are a little inflated, but in September he is hitting over six hundred. He has been an absolute monster. Let me throw these numbers to you, Bubba Nick Ahmed. Over his last ten games is hitting not I was about to say a buck zero point four to five with an under two hundred OVP and an under one hundred slug. He has one run, no homers, no RBIs, no stolen bases. Those are his last ten games. Perldo Perdomo hit two point fifty in August with one homer and fourteen combined RBI in runs, he is hitting one eleven in September. The Arizona Diamondbacks are one game out of the wild Card right now. Their shortstop is a complete void. It's completely devoid of production. Right now, Nick Ahmed's gotta go. Jordan Lawler is absolutely on fire. I think he's got twenty homers, thirty plus stolen bases. He needs to get the call. He won't be able to help them for the playoff run because they were stupid and they didn't bring him up before September. Horribly horribly idiotic move. But they got to get some offense from that position. Jordan Lawler is there. He's a great defender. So Jordan Lawler has to come up. I would be preemptively adding him right now if he's sitting around just to see if it happens over the next week. Doesn't. I don't know why the hell they would do it with like a week to go, but right now you could get like three good weeks out of this guy. So I believe Jordan Lawler's got to get the call up and it has to happen in the next like four or five days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should happen in the next twenty four hours. Like the fact Nicko Meta still has a pulse and a major league roster is enough. Said like, you could have literally stopped with Nika Med before you ran all the rest of the stats there, and I would have been like, Yep, sounds good.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I think they only keep him met up up for his defense and not only the guy's that great anymore.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but you got Predomo, that's my Predomo was an All Star. And like Dan was like, hey, Perdomo is great and a Perdomo is a good player.
Speaker 3: He's a great player to have.
Speaker 1: On your team. Nick Omed is a gold Glove defender. We don't need that. Perdomo is a great defender. Jordan Lawler is a great defender. There's no bat with Ahmed. Let Amed go or do whatever you gotta do. Caught him and put him on the bench. Get Jordan Lawler up and let him get some starts there. And if you're worried about a rookie later in the game, defensively replace him with Perdomo. Mess around with your lineup, get production. There's literally no production coming out of that spot, and you have one of the best prospects in baseball sitting at Triple A. He can do like, so it's got to happen. I think the diamback's got to do it, especially with a wild card race. I could understand like not wanting to start, you know, clocks and blah blah blah, but I think he's going to. I think Lawler has got a decent shot to break camp next year as a starting shortstop. So just click it up now. So that's that's my take on it. I believe it's gonna happen. And if I had the ability to like go premptively make a move, so I'd stash him over the next week if you're in the playoffs, and if you even have the freaking ability to do that, because limited moves. Limited moves are frustrating in fantasy at this point, Bubba. But also at the same time, there's those monsters that would just you.
Speaker 3: Know, rather necessary un necessary evil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good way to say it. The other this little rookie lookie here, the Baltimore Orioles promoted Jackson Holiday to Triple A. He went one for four with a walk in a double in his Triple A debut and I believe within the next week we're going to hear that he's going to the arison A fall league. So without him being at the majors. Yeah, oh, we gotta hope. So we only got a couple of questions here, So let's answer a couple real quick.
Speaker 3: For whatever you guys.
Speaker 1: Got, Michael said, Josh Naylor or Jordan Walker rest of season.
Speaker 3: I go Walker.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge Naylor fan, but I'll take the hot back for the final few weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do the same thing. Hot bats right now? Are the plays?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: This was Anthony, by the way, he said, please don't talk about Walker, held him all season, then dropped him week and a half ago.
Speaker 3: I've been there, done that, my friend, been there, done that.
Speaker 1: All too familiar, okay, Richard says Nolan Jones Adam Davar large new bar, homer, RBI, stolen base average rest of season.
Speaker 2: I'm a Nolan Jones homer, but I got large new bar on that one. He's been playing pretty darn good. I'm a huge Nolan Jones fan.
Speaker 1: He just went over five too.
Speaker 2: Jones had a double and a stolen base. I think Monday or to Tuesday. Tuesday yesterday. I like Jones a lot.
Speaker 1: Jones.
Speaker 2: It's gonna change my answer because Curland and I talked about this on mentioned the bubble last night.
Speaker 3: Fourteen in the last twenty Rockies games are in Coors.
Speaker 1: Give me Nolan Jones, I'm gonna go. I think I'm gonna go with the Nolan Jones. Hell, look at you getting Curland. Curlin's kind of a big I can't get Curling on my show. I asked him earlier this year. He's like, Nope, go kick sand and suck rocks.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, I will give him a lot of heart. I'll give him a big hard time about that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh he's he's big time. So that that that shows how good Big Bubba is. If you can get Curlin, you're you've made it. U Our boy tone says, okay, guys, I got one for the playoffs today, head to head cats, shallow rosters, two sps, two rps, one pitcher slot bench one today Gavin Williams, Joe, Ryan, Lancelyn Alzole or Romano. Obviously, he said he's starting straighter, so you gotta just bench one.
Speaker 3: He's been really bad his last like four starts.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Minnesota. Is the matchup today?
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 1: But you could well, I guess so with the relief pitchery he has, so it's not even I don't know why he gave us the option of a romano. You have to start them, yeah, unless Gavin Williams may be qualified as an RP in your league. Sometimes that happens with prospects, but the others wouldn't. So yeah, if you got to who are the Dodgers playing? Yeah, I guess I would go. I'll go Gavin Williams too. I don't know if I feel great about that. That's why that was a good question. Good good job, tone, miss tone. All right, Fred said, can we trust Mitch Keller next week? Two home starts against Washington and the Yankees?
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 2: He's actually pitched much better where his last like four or five bit some pitch, mixed changes, looking a little bit more like the guy always how to start the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I my initial i'd have to look here, I'm gonna take a little peaky peeker because my initial response wants to be Yeah, I like that first start. The Yankee start isn't as scary as it used to be. I know Keller's been a little bit inconsistent. But god, man, all these sites, don't you want this? I just want my bam bam, bam bam. I can't get them to go because I want to look at his splits. Okay, So in the month of August, he's got a four to two ERA over five starts, thirty four strikeouts, thirty innings, walks have actually been kept out. He's only given up two homers. That's the second least. Actually, that's the least homers he's given up in any given month where he's had five or more starts, So that's really impressive. Just his post all Star numbers have looked bad, but it's picking back up. And in September, in his one start he's been good. Yeah, so that makes me feel better. So I would go with Mitch Keller as well. And then finally, Richard said, next year, carry Carpenter, Suzuki or Jake.
Speaker 2: Berger place Azuki finishing the year strong. He's got the best pedigree of the crew. But those are three really good options. I'd like to have chairs of all of them, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go with Suzuki.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, I was right, tone said Williams.
Speaker 2: Still so I'd rather have Alzle and Romano for save chances.
Speaker 1: Now, if it was a points league, I would go, I would I would feel fine with Gavin Williams. But yeah, the some of those guys a little bit later.
Speaker 3: Let me share something with you, Welsh, Okay, I just want to give this to the masses because it has not been as good as people think he's been.
Speaker 2: And I'm having the loading fun that you had earlier. Just click on over his like he only fished one inning in.
Speaker 3: His last start.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what happened there, four and a third with five runs against the Dodgers, five innings, three runs against Detroit. The biggest thing for me, like less than a caper, Like basically caper Ani if you're lucky right now. Yeah, so I'm just worried about the wearing Terry in Minnesota swinging it really.
Speaker 1: Well, Lucas Gilido just oozing off of Gavin Williams, just like just making Morris get him off that team. All right. Injuries, we're giving you the extra show today as we usually do. Walker Bueller is pitching on Friday to Oklahoma City, likely one more rehab start after and then he'll be coming up and looked pretty good so far. Anthony n don't shut down for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Anthony Rizzo, What I say, Yeah, garbage, He's shut down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rizzo. Boxton pulled off, was pulled off of his rehab assignment, reaggravated his knee injury. So that has halted everything. That's a you know, we shouldn't be shocked, I guess, rinse, repeat, Yeah. Carlos Carrasco out for the season after dropping a fifty pound dumbbell on his finger. What was he doing?
Speaker 2: I was trying, he was working. I had a fifty pound dumb bell in each hand doing some curls.
Speaker 3: I guess. I don't know what Carrasco's doing, But how did.
Speaker 1: He drop it on his fancy's like my kids would do.
Speaker 2: They'd be like the thought of his hand, I guess or something. So he already had surgery. They said the timelines four to six weeks. Obviously not that much time in the season. So he's done. But I'm sitting there going, Okay, Carrasco, older guy, a pitcher, Why doesn't he fifty pound dumbells?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Why that made no sense to me at all?
Speaker 1: If he said as toe, I would make I don't get I don't get this. Tristan McKenzie, Shane Bieber. They're pitching in rehab starts Thursday and Friday. So if you've been holding on and you can make it through this week or you know Rodos, you'll get him back and.
Speaker 3: Let me get a quick one on that real quick. Yeah, Deeber will be back soon.
Speaker 2: The thing with the Ckinzie, because he was this was that he was a surprise coming back this early. Francona came out and said he has to be up to eighty five pitches before they even think about bringing them back to Cleveland. So this might just be kind of get some reps in for next year. So don't go crazy on McKenzie just yet.
Speaker 1: Well, and also, these guys getting like those one off starts you know, to end the season doesn't get me too excited. Andrew mccutching out for the year with achilles injury, Joey Bart to the io with a concussion.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I think I typed it in wrong. That's my about Patrick Bailey, Joey Bart, oh.
Speaker 1: Pat Yeah, yeah, there was a note by the way, Charley Bart, Yeah he was called up. But yeah, Patrick Bailey with the concussion, three up and three down on the up. Nolan Gorman, Hey quite almost thirty home run season. He hit like twenty five and twenty six. He had a two homer day two, going two for five yesterday because he had that big struggle in between the season. Brandon Nimo with a two homer game two for five, two homers, scored three runs. And Chris Bassett with a great matchup and completely delivered. He went eight and he struck out seven on the down. Dane Dunning Bahlah, he got them things lit four and one third, nine earned runs and three homers. He learned from the best though, Patrick KORbin, even though I don't think they played together four innings, eight earned runs and three homers, it's just apropos and under Jackson four and one third, gave up six earned runs, walked five, So it was the five that I wanted to mention. They're actually pedro Vila yesterday also walked six. Yet he had a decent start in it, which I which I thought was a lot.
Speaker 3: That was like, what the heck is going on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a weird one. We told you, We're brought to you by Prize pick, so check them out today. Prize picks. Promo code leading off get a one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks. You guys can get There's lots of sports. There's all the sports you can get in on. You compare them multi sport or you can clearly just play baseball. But there's other things that are starting to kick back up. But go and do it today. Promo code leading off one hundred bucks, get you one hundred bucks, and Bubba and I are going to make some picks, so you prize picking today.
Speaker 2: Jay Rob just keep riding that great American small park bullpen game from the Reds over nine and a half Fantasy points. Lindor over eight and a half fantasy points. You'll get more Mets talk for me later, but I love the Mets today against the Dawn of the Nets, and Mookie bets over eight and a half fantasy points going against Edward Cabrera. So Mookie probably walks at least twice, steals a bag, just things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's well, and that's why I like those fantasy points because if he does walk and it doesn't screw you on the hit, run RBI totals or anything like that. For the prize picks today, I've got Logan Gilbert Fantasy Score thirty two and a half over Corbyn Carroll in Colorado eight and a half over YEP, and Bobby Witt eight and a half. They're going up against Tuki des Saint. Thank you and yes please. On the bet side, I was telling you I had locked in my bets. Well, I locked in what I was going to bet last night forgot to lock it in and I got screwed a little bit on my top bet, which was Texas money line. We got a great duel going on today, a pitching matchup Justin Verlander versus Max Scherzer. Awesome matchup to watch. It's in Texas. Verlander has just been kind of struggly on the back half of the year. The strikeouts haven't quite been there. Sureziers obviously had his moments as well. I'm betting on them getting to Verlander a little bit earlier, so I taking Texas first five money line, which is now around like one forty. So if you can find a book that has it lower, or you know, maybe you want to pair it with something or just play it straight. I just really liked that Texas money line to the first five. I also really like Kansas City's team total run through the first five that actually moved down, which usually is a bad sign. They went from one ten to minus one oh five. I don't care. Over the last three Kansas City has been scoring over four runs per game and they're going up against two key to who gets them lit all the time. So I mean three runs through the first five through Kansas City and that is almost even money. I love that bet. And then finally, Arizona and Colorado threw the first five over total runs four and a half.
Speaker 3: It's pretty juiced.
Speaker 1: I might play it up to five and a half, which some do, and that I think is close to even money. So Arizona Colorado first five total over Kansas City team total runs first five, and Texas first five money line. Those are my bets.
Speaker 3: What do you got, bubbs?
Speaker 2: Jason Deminge is over one and a half total bases at plus one thirty and a great matchup against Detroit. Brandon Nemo again love the Mets or one and a half total basis plus one fifteen two homers last night. I don't think he'll have much of a problem getting over one and a half we'll see that's gambling. And then Andrew vaugh over one and a half want to roll the dice therep just for the plus money at plus one twenty swinging it really well, really good matchup there against Jordan Lyles in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the other one I did think about was the over the total the total runs in the Kansas City Chicago game as well. That's another one you can play. I actually started to play that, and I was going to do the first five total runs, which was I was going to play at five and a half at like plus one ten. But I just love the team total runs for Kansas City. But I'm totally down with that. And this will of course be like Jordan Lyles no hitter through seven now and Tooky tossand strikes out twelve dfs. We're not playing neither one of those guys. But who are you playing today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a rough one that night, six games on the evening. Pitching's not great. Spencer Strider is expensive, but obviously it's Spencer Strider. You can go Clark Schmidt versus Detroit striking out nearly twenty nine percent of the time vers righty over the past month, if you need to get real frisky Kyle Gibson, but I prefer not to stacks, though the hinted at this the entire last five minutes Mets Versa. Don love it, and then Games stacked the White Sox and the Royals. Those are my three stacks. So we've hit on all those and all of our bets like that A ton I really goingd of values. Mike Massey's three point three k you got Velaskiz, you got Olivaris all cheap for the Royals. Ronnie Maurisio is still cheap at three point one k against a Dawn, and then if you want to cheat National going up against Budo, it'll be the four stuck. I like Jacobu's second makes Alph He's only two point four K. I don't love Jacolu, but the value gives you to get the Strider could be important.
Speaker 1: Listen to Bubba when he speaks. You know the guy that like wins taut stuff. So if he's talking to you about DFS, you lizzen, that's my official term for it. He just wins taut stuff. No destination for Corbyn and I we took a little time off from our vacationing during Labor Day weekend, but we'll be back at it hopefully for Friday, and hopefully we'll be cashing in off of the price picks here for the home run call. Speaking of Corbyn, Carrol, we do have the board. Look at this brute. Blue Harvester hasn't finished this off or getting close. We're getting very close. Blue Harvester has fifty four homers. Number two is jj Tator at forty eight, Razor ramone forty seven, so there's a six homer differential. Obviously that can change in a week, but they are only so many weeks that are left. I am still on the board. I'm down there at nine, but I've only got forty one. It did cross the forty marker, which was my goal for the season, so I'm very happy about that. I don't think I'm going to be able to get up there with Blue Harvesters. So those are your home run board home run leaders, which you guys can do if you're over on the premium discord. If you're on the discord for Fantasy Pro, so go and get a premium account. You can do all the awesome stuff they've gotten there, and they've got the home run room, which you can make all your calls, Bubba, speaking of who you calling for your home run today?
Speaker 2: Sticking with the Mets in this one, Give me a big meat, Pete the Polar Bear, Pete Alonzo. He's been heating up again. He's gonna go deep on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Give me Corbyn Carrol or give me death in Colorado Chris Flexen. Yep, we're doing that. We're going. We're locked into Corbyn Carroll today. It's Corbyn Carroll Day, even though we didn't have a destination. If he hits a homer, we'll be in space and we'll take a picture with that ball in space here. Dan. By the way, asked Wels Indian Vermont, how do you live like this? It was one hundred and fifteen the other day. So I feel like Corbyn Carrol can do it. I can do it. You can do it as well.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're back in action. We're back here on Friday for a little bit of fun Friday. Bring your guys' questions. We'll talk about some streamers going into next week and everything else. That's Bubba. Find them on Twitter at bed Intric. I am Welsh. Finding on Twitter at is it the Welsh until next time. Friends, more leading off action on Friday Bye Peace
Speaker 2: Going on