Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, everybody, It's Thursday, November seventh, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where apparently we all have the same shirt. Be your rand MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones. I don't even know where to go with that. I was gonna like, this is like an audio show, Like I can't be like, hey, look, we're all we like, we're not even wearing the same shirt today.
Speaker 2: I thought we did though, I thought I had that shirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, for those of you who can't see, which is pretty much all of you, I am wearing a colored polo shirt with like stripes of black and white and brown. If you watch Thursday's episode of NFL Fantasy like, you know exactly sure I'm talking about. This is way too much conversation about a shirt we got to play to talk about on the show today. We all have our big calls for Week ten, but let's get started with some fantasy headlines. And this one seems to kind of pop up out of nowhere. Trevor Lawrence dealing with the shoulder injury, unlikely to play this week against the Minnesota Vikings, and there is some rumblings that he could be out for an extended period of time, maybe even the rest of the season. In the short term, though, the attention turns to Mac Jones as the starting quarterback for Jacksonville. What does this mean for the rest of the Jacksonville pass catchers? If it is Mac Jones this week and going forward.
Speaker 3: It's definitely not great, clearly like it would be a downgrade at the quarterback position. But like for this week in particular, the Vikings have allowed the most fantasy points for game to wide receivers. They play a lot of zone coverage. Brian Thomas Junior has the third most yards against zone coverage. That I would still start Brian Thomas Junior, And because of the tight end position and the state of it, you probably can get away with still starting Evan Ingram. Like I have one team where I have Ingram and Kada and that's an easy decision. But most fantasy managers, I don't think, have that that option in that position. So if you need to continue to start, at least take a I'm going to start Evan Ingram this week and see what he gives me type of approach, I think that is fine. All of the secondary options are are gone for me though I want no part of them. And I think this even hurts the running backs as well, because teams are probably like, you're the Vikings this weekend. You're probably like, let's see Mac Jones beat us, let's keen in on this running game. But I think that the two ones that I say, stay and play, and I will say, I think we do have a Mac Jones fan on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Wait you are? I forgot you're a Mac Jones guy. I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say I'm a Mac Jones guy, but I would say I'm a Trevor Lawrence hater. Like I just don't. I just don't see it. I just don't have the lens that everybody has with Trevor Lawrence. I can literally go on a rant right now of how bad this guy is and he's not living up the standards. But my opinions don't matter much when it comes to that. But Mac Jones, I think overall he's served like he was great his rookie year. I mean, we had fantasy relevance with Da Mario Douglas, we had fantasy relevance with the run game. I mean, I think mac Jones picks up you know whatever Trevor Lawrence put down. I mean, it's not that far of a lift, but it's just it is what it is. At this point, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think I realized you had such strong feelings against Trevor Lawrence. This is today.
Speaker 2: I'm one of those guys that believed in him that one year after the year at the Urban Meyer and was all in on fantasy. And then he burns you, and then it's like, you know what you're I'm.
Speaker 1: The hatefo X.
Speaker 2: You'll you'll never ever ever have my support again.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it. He is definitely he has not been the guy that we thought he would be coming out of Clemson. I don't know that I have strong feelings one way or another about Trevor Lawrence at this point. He's sort of just a guy. I think it's nothing against him.
Speaker 2: It's more so the people that defend him is my real problem.
Speaker 1: Like come on, Also, there's a huge gap between being a mac Jones guy and a Trevor Lawrence hater, Like that's a that's a that's an I just remember the.
Speaker 3: Videos, like Lakwan posted a video this this season being like go trade for mac Jones.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think I had to back up that he is a back Jil fan.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, and we have the same last name. What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: I got We're the ones.
Speaker 1: Lakwan and McCorkle Jones, just together forever. It's that's great. Let's get to some of the week ten calls, if you know mine. We will start, as always with Club Dub, the nine quarterback we think is gonna be the top score for the week. Quen, You've been spicy the last couple of weeks with your Club Dub because I think last week you had a defense if I'm not mistaken, and this week you have a defense. What what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What's happening here?
Speaker 2: I had the wrong defense, I said, commanders, but it ended up being my rams, which you know, slapping the face to me. But I'm going with the Lions this week. Yeah, you're right, it was a big w for us. But all I'm gonna say is, at least with the Lions, they have a takeaway in every single game this season, So therefore you're going to be able to stack on the standard points you start off with. And I don't think this is going to be you know, a game where they let up a bunch of points. This is going to be a game where they can attack that that old line and get some sack production and possibly create some takeaways. They just traded for another pass rusher, so therefore they're going to be filling that void that they had so far with that sack production. So I'm looking for them to light it up this week, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're going with the Lions defense. You know, the rank makes the point on Fantasy Live that you know, we talk about them being an indoor team, but they went to Green Bay last week in the elements and shut down the Packers. So at this point they're just a good team. Like that's all there is to it. With the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 2: It's just their quarterback. Yeah, and Texans' own line is trash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of a Lion. You're staying in the NFC North for your club, dub pick Floria.
Speaker 3: This was the easiest decision of the week for me because I think Justin Jefferson is going to go absolutely crazy this week. I liked it even more when Trevor Lawrence was playing and I thought the Jags might put up some mood of a fight on the other side, but it doesn't matter. The Jaguars have allowed the most production through the air this year, most fantasy points to quarterbacks, fourth most too wide receivers. I think Justin Jefferson is just going to do whatever he wants, have a field day, gonna show off the shiniest chains you'll ever see in your life, probably go for a buck fifty and a touchdown, something like that. I just expect a huge day out of him in this matchup. So he's always safe, he's always a must start, but this week in particular, I think, I think you're gonna get a big day.
Speaker 1: All right, that sounds good to me. My one of my bold predictions for the week was that there're gonna be three LSU receivers in the top five. I think Jamar Chase after Thursday night, I think Justin Jefferson. I was gonna say Brian Thomas Junior, but that was for the switching quarterbacks. So maybe now I'll just pivot to Mike Maligue neighbors or something like that.
Speaker 3: But I think my bold prediction was kind of similar to yours. I was like, Thomas is gonna go off, but he's gonna have the second best game in that wood.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Now now with a new quarterback, I don't know that I could really reach that far forward, although my club dub is maybe a little bit of a reach. Maybe it's just wish casting and vibe, but I'm saying Christian McCaffrey right, because they've waited all this time to get him back into the offense. They were waiting until they felt like he was perfectly healthy. And we know Kyle Shanahan likes just to see McCaffrey go off. I mean, when he had the touchdown Street going, Kyle Shanahan went out of his way to try and keep it going, like just forcing the issue. So this seems like, you know, hey man, you know, I know Christmas is coming around again. This is like Ralphie getting the Red Rider gun, like we gotta make this thing happen, right, Like, I just feel like they're going to force feed Christian McCaffrey and give him loss with to opportunities catching the football against a bad Bucks secondary, Like most likely it's probably not gonna have it. But I just had this. I just have this weird vision in my head of Kyle Shanahan just going out of his way to do things for stem C.
Speaker 2: Uh well, yeah, Ralphie and also almost shot his eye out.
Speaker 1: Who's the saying Kyle Shanahan didn't metaphorically almost shoot his eye out this week too by like trying to force me, you know, like I said of like, hey man, this pretty kittle thing is working. Let's just force feed Christian mccatt like you know, they're parallels here. Man.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's nervous that CMC is fregilely?
Speaker 1: You might be right? Must be Italian? Be Italian ta red flag the player to beware of. And uh, look what do we have to We have to downgrade him to Mitsubishi Marv. I saw that floating around Twitter this week.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I think we might have to have that conversation about that. But huge red flag on him, man. And look this Jets defense man. As much as the crazy Jerry Shore storyline they got going on, that defense still remains intact, very difficult, you know against wide receivers top five few is fantasy points for a game two wide receivers and looking at Marvin Harrison's track record can't be trusted. Man, DDE has the really really highs or they really really loads it's like boom or bust with him, and I don't think I could test him this week, So I will have my expectations in order and look to other wide receivers that have higher ceilings because we came to a bank on vy him. Dude have five targets last week. That's not something that it's like a lock going into every single week with Marvin Harrison and the targets that he is getting forced fed. He's not catching him, man, He's catching less than fifty percent of his targets in the last five games. And look, we're in the back end of the fantasy season. We need some trusted players in our lineups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been rough. Low key Kyler Murray has been one of the bigger disappointments in the fantasy season, but Marvis and Harrison Junior is up there as well, and it feels like he's sort of floated under the radar in terms of being disappointing because we've kind of focused our frustrations on a lot of other people there. Yeah, Oyer last week, Patrick Mahomes was good, right, he gave me like twenty four points. Most of the season he's been Patrick Meh Holmes and it looks like you were expecting him to go back to that this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I understand, he's coming off his two best fantasy games of the season. There's a reason to feel good about him and excited and all of that. But like, let's not forget that he had the best matchup a quarterback could have last week, and that really is what I think led to him having such a big Fantasy day. I am hopeful that Mahomes the rest of the way maybe can kind of be what we were hoping to be, build off of these last two games and becoming every week starter again. But until he proves to us that he is not matchup dependent, I think it's okay to get away from him in tough matchups, which is what this is. The Denver Broncos. They have allowed the six fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks. That is, after getting absolutely torched by Lamar Jackson and the Ravens last week. The most offenses can't do what Lamar and the Ravens do. I like, I'm hopeful that de hop and everything helps elevate this Chiefs offense, but considering the matchup, but considering that he struggled against them last year, one passing touchdown, three interceptions in two games against them. I would try to play it safe and get away if you have another option.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four season continues to be a study in production in real football versus fantasy football, because Mahomes, by all the metrics, is still performing at a high level for the actual Chiefs, just not for your fantasy team. So I think it's just something to sort of keep in mind. My beware this week is a guy who I think can still give you a decent number, and that's Joe Mixon. Just because of the way he's being used in the Houston offense. I think that is enough to sort of mean to sort of keep him in your lineup. But the matchup is not a good one against the Detroit Lions coming up this week. It just they have been so good against running backs all season long, and you know, I think what wins the day for mixing is just the potential for volume that he's going to get a lot of carries. There's really nobody else to threaten back there. He will get some targets as well, but I do think you sort of lower your expectations. I mean, he's been good for pretty much one hundred rushing yards in every game. I don't know that he gets there this week. Hopefully the targets and the catches sort of save the day a little bit, and if you can find the end zone, then that gives you a decent number. But I don't think this is going to be the same level of Joe Mixon games that we have seen all year long, so you probably got to start him. I can't imagine you can get away from Joe Mixon, but just sort of timper your expectations against the Lions. This week. It's time to drive your line. I'm presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. Finish things up with the Snorelas our favorite Week ten sleeper. Who are we sleeping on?
Speaker 2: Lakwan Uh Darnah Mooney? He seems to be a guy that he falls in that tier where you have to fight to get him in your line. I was just based on he was a dep guy to begin with, Like we didn't really have this season on the table for him. Like it wasn't on my Bengo card that Darna Mooney would be a y receiver that averages fifteen Fantasy points for a game or He's top ten in targets like this dude has been phenomenal. With Drake London banged up, when Kyle Pitch banged up with a hamstring, they were both limited this week. I think Darnall Mooney can explode on this Saints defense, who are also banged up with that secondary, And like these are division games, this is where games they get weird to get funky, and I think Darnell Mooney is like one of those guys you kind of have to shift into your flex or your wide receiver two position this week.
Speaker 1: I mean, Darnell Mooney has just been straight up good like all year long. Literally did anybody saw that coming? I mean we were all like Grandma cookies because we were all seriously like Drake London, Kyle Pitts, and like seriously like Darnell Mooney was the meme of like Jason Momoa trying to sneak up on Henry Cavill, like that was that was Darnell Mooney this year. We just did not see that one coming. I'm so are we all going nuts? Because we're all sort of like gravitating down to Carolina for things now, Like this feels like it's going to blow up in our faces, but it seems kind of fun the moment.
Speaker 3: I have hope that it is not going to blow up in our faces because the last two games and my snorlax Is exavierly get the wide receiver from the Carolina Panthers. But in the last two games, Bryce Young has played better and has taken, in my opinion, a little bit of a step forward, especially if you watched last week and didn't. Just like box score scout, he had a long pass down the sidelines that should have been caught that was dropped. He also had another one that went through like Leget caught it, but the defender then just ripped it away from him and it went down as an interception despite being an absolute dime from Bryce Young. But the reason I'm excited about Lee get thirteen Fantasy points in two straight games, a touchdown and two straight each of those With Bryce Young, he runs about seventy percent of his routes out wide, and now he gets the Giants, who if you just looked at the yards, they don't allow it. They haven't allowed a ton so far, but they've allowed the highest passer rating in the NFL to out wide wide receivers. Terry mclaurins cooked them last week, So yeah, if you're going a little bit deeper for a sleeper at wide receiver this week, four teams on by Lee Get is a name that I like.
Speaker 1: If you want he had really not see can go jayl But I do think there are better days coming for Carolina pass catchers for sure. I'm gonna go with de Andre Swift, who the surprise of a lot of people, and by a lot of people, I mean me. I think he's at a top ten amongst fantasy running backs this year, which I did not think was going to be a thing. We're not talking about Rashaun Johnson. We haven't talked about Rashawn Johnson in weeks because Swift has taken over pretty much everything in that backfield. And I know the Bears offense the last two weeks has not been great. Caleb Williams is scuffling. We talked about that, I think earlier in the week. This feels like a chance for Shane Waldron to hashtag establish it right. You're going against a Patriots run defense, which is in the bottom part of the league in terms of stopping the run. They just have not done a great job at all. Why not start with the run. Why not get DeAndre Swift going and use that to open things up for your quarterback and then move from there. This is not going to be a high scoring game between these two teams. I don't think game script is going to be an issue if somehow it is. We know Swift can still catch the ball out of backfield, so he can still be out there regardless of the situation. But this feels like a game where we see Swift early and often, just try to get something forward moving for the Bears and then hopefully Kayleb Williams can turn it around and pick it up right after that. That was Drive Your Lineup, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camra. Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camera. So there you go. Those are our sleepers for the week. Of course, we still got plenty more to come with you later on in the week as well. But that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, The Happy, Safe and Healthy, Do good and live well, Enjoy Thursday Night football, everybody. We will talk to you again tomorrow. Out don't done. Yeah yeah