Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boss, hanging with the fast, betting on the game.
Speaker 4: No woman's gonna tell us what.
Speaker 5: Can not be.
Speaker 3: We're here just drinking beer and making nan Baby. I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 1: Bro, Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Busting with the boys. We have a little sitting today, the Lady Walker's even Ride a plus day Lady Walker outstanding. If you're here to see Alshon Jeffery, he will be here in a little bit. We're gonna do a quick little intro for you, guys. I want to talk to you about something very near and do our hearts, and that is the Chevy Silverado. It's that time of season. Teams are in the playoffs and every game counts. But the boys know when it counts, you can count on Chevy Silverado, a dependable partner with strength, capability, and true grit. Whether you're looking for a spacious interior to comfortably get to the game, the functionality of the multi flex tailgate to get the most out of tailgating, or the technology to make driving, towing and parking all easier, Silverado has got a truck for you. Oh now it's the perfect time to get into a Silverado or Silverado HD, our favorite truck and the official truck partner of Busting with the Boys. Go to Chevy dot com and check out all the great offers and even build your own Silverado and visit jdpower dot com slash Awards for more ward details.
Speaker 6: Dude, I hope a Tier one out there got a Chevy Silverado for Christmas.
Speaker 1: That would be out you know what I mean, we do.
Speaker 6: It's our presenting sponsor every episode, and you would just hope that a Tier one out there got themselves a Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 1: That would be That would be awesome. But you'd also think that someone would comment or like tag us and something like, hey, I got myself a chefy Silverwall. Give that big that grant that's gonna last you that many years. Yeah, you would be on it. Yeah, beautiful. There's something about that giant bow on a car that the commercials just made look so nice. Always wanted that, never got it. I never got that, never got that, but you always you You're a big car guy.
Speaker 7: Leany Yeah, I mean I buy it for myself though, you know, if someone brought me one, I'll take the bow for sure.
Speaker 6: How's uh, how's Hankkah.
Speaker 1: Going for you? We will go No, it's still going yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 6: Those unfamiliar. Last week's episode of The Locker Room at the Lanning was talking about how he's in the middle of celebrating Hankah and it was what was it last week?
Speaker 1: Decemberwcember twenty third, and he's like, yeah, it's been going good. I got socks you like, I give gifts, Yeah, gifts in the middle of the episodes, like, hey, Hanakah doesn't start until December twenty fifth. Ah, that was a good one. Yeah, man that Uh so have you have you lit candles or dreda?
Speaker 7: I don't do any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: So you're not Jewish.
Speaker 7: I don't practice is uh like I used to about what five years.
Speaker 1: Ago, So you just say you're Jewish, but you don't do anything.
Speaker 7: I'm not Jewish. I'm a Hebrew.
Speaker 1: Is like, what's the difference?
Speaker 7: It's similar but not quite?
Speaker 1: Okay, similar not quite though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we we believe in some of the things they believe in. We follow the Old Testament. It's similar things, but they they practice, you know, Hanukkah Sabbath, all of that stuff, but different.
Speaker 1: So it's like jelly and jam pretty much. Do you know the differen between Jian jim?
Speaker 7: It depends on you know, what you got peach.
Speaker 1: No, it depends on what you got. Indeed, we'll say that joke for a different time. Yeah, do you know do you know the different So can't jelly this dick in your mouth? Dude? Onward? Colorado got locked by b y U. Not what we saw coming to Low when we all chose Colorado. Yeah, and they just were dismantled by all the Mormons. Different religion.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Then they have a Jewish quarterback, Jewish quarterback, that's why they won.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're chose the chosen people. Dude, I was surprised. I was surprised Colorado got beat like that. But I want to say there was a stat suirm JP. Maybe one of you guys know this that but Colorado the Deon Sanders Shader, Travis Hunter, Ara, that haven't beaten like a top o, the top twenty five. Yeah, yeah, top twenty four, which is yeah, their entire time there, that is wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Nebraska was Nebraska ranks when they played or they got ranked after they beat Colorado.
Speaker 6: We got ranked after we beat Colorado.
Speaker 1: God what a time.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, TCU was ranked in the top twenty five that very first, the very first game.
Speaker 1: Yeah true, that's when the hype of Colorado was at all time high. Yeah. After that game happened because TCU went to the playoff the year before. Ye, yes, and unfortunately they were like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Colorado went on like what a four or five game run. You had Daine the Rock, Johnson showing up on Pat McAfee older Colorado, all of them crazy bro, and then ling. Yeah you had that epic pregame speech.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Most of our Colorado and NFL talk about the future games will be on the locker Room. We're releasing two episodes this sweek, correct, so one will be released tomorrow, just today one right now.
Speaker 6: One is going to be already out there. The College Fool will preview We just dropped.
Speaker 1: It last night. Dropped it last night. That thing got dropped and then yeah, go check it out NFL.
Speaker 5: NFL will be Tuesday night. The college football one will be already out.
Speaker 1: So we have two episodes coming out Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Here here's how it goes. We have our college football episode previewing the college will playoff that dropped last night. But what the boys you're listening to right now? Today's Tuesday, our college our NFL locker room portion will be dropped later on today at six pm.
Speaker 1: All right, perfect publishing travel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, little time travel, Little time travel.
Speaker 1: That is nice, man. Yeah, what was it? What was the deal with Sanders and the Giants cleats?
Speaker 7: Did he actually wear those or was the pregame cleats? Okay, trying to New York.
Speaker 8: Left them on kind of like a little hey, looking forward to playing for the Giants.
Speaker 1: And then the Giants Giants? Yeah, the Giants lost their first overall pick. Yeah. Somebody tweet it was like, this is the worst win in NFL history, taking themselves out of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is who's who's at the top right now. But they're not gonna take a quarterback.
Speaker 7: He made the first team that needs to not taking a quarterback. Who are not taking a quarterback? They talking about he gonna go get just like you said, they about to go get a vet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you have you heard?
Speaker 6: I saw this tweet.
Speaker 1: I have no idea if this has legs or not, but there's a there's a situation that's just been put out in the world of a three way trade that Justin Herbert, who you don't believe is a great quarterback, is the quarterback of the Titans. I don't believe. I mean between Titans, Chargers and Minnesota and so all, Oh, this is it right here? Three way trade? Yeah, Robinson is exactly what I saw trade all Vikings received draft picks, re signed on the off season, Chargers received JJ McCarthy and draft picks. Harball reunited with his National championship quarterback.
Speaker 2: This cat.
Speaker 1: I've seen a bunch of stuff and I saw, Yeah, it's Jake, Jake Robinson. I saw that. I was like, that would be sick. Why not do you mean for who? Because I don't know who side you're on anymore?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wouldn't be sick for who.
Speaker 7: Justin.
Speaker 1: I disagree.
Speaker 6: We're talking teams. I mean that's a fair point.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, because he comes to the Titans. The the squad is good, the defense is good, you have talent. The old line they have to work. You do this, You do this, and you get an off its lineman in the draft or get another one in free agency.
Speaker 6: Old line is young, too, very young.
Speaker 1: You have how many tackles.
Speaker 7: Did they go through last week? This last Sunday? They start off with seventy one sixty one.
Speaker 1: The Titians should retire the number seventy one. They should retire the number seventy one. Dennis Kelly cursed it. Yeah, Dennis Kelly's the last good, good back everywhere. Seventy one.
Speaker 6: You think Callahan will be one and done?
Speaker 1: No, No, I think I think it was actually a report that came out that said he's solid.
Speaker 7: He's solid. Trust me, I know personally he's solid. Oh, he's solid. I'm telling you right now, he's solid. He coming back for another year.
Speaker 1: You got to.
Speaker 7: But that's why I say he get a veteran because at this tiinmet he can't depending on no rookie quarterback to keep his job.
Speaker 1: That's just, that's just. The is a good point. It is a good point because if you if you draft Should or Sanders, everyone's hype, but the minute turmoil happens, you're now getting a new coach. You're maybe getting a new GM. Oh that too. Yeah, you hat that meme of Wolverine looking at a picture of Mike Rabel and uh John Robins just being like God, damn we had a good but you don't you if Amy might have watched it.
Speaker 7: Who I don't think it was Amy. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: There's a lot, there's a lot of there's a lot of higher power that Verbele move happened. But I'm saying, at the very tip top is Amy.
Speaker 1: He's a tip top. None of that happens. If you don't get rid of aj none of that you're salting, None of that happens.
Speaker 9: Just as far as the quarterbacks go, there's not that many good quarterbacks in the draft, and if it would be probably Cam Award that would be there for the Titans if somebody doesn't trade away, because the Patriots will probably trade their pick because they don't need a quarterback. So it's like, basically, is it worth drafting cam Ward?
Speaker 7: I would say no after.
Speaker 1: What he did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know I hated that halftime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know where you're coming from because it is the college football we live in now and he wanted to get the record. But still bro like this is like we grew up knowing football as the ultimate team sport. Eleven guys playing for the name on the front, not the name on the back, and was on the front, but not that way anymore unless he said to his boys or the coaches and the team knew, hey, I'm playing this game to get the record, and then I'm bouncing.
Speaker 7: I'm done.
Speaker 1: If he did that, I am not only I'm okay with it, I actually support it. But to be like if he went through his touchdown at halftime, takes his jersey and shoulder pads off and goes, I'm umb boys, Everyone's like, what are you talking about? That's why I have a problem with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that would be crazy. But again it's like they're not in the college wall playoff. So don't get this point when you're when you're cam Warden, you're going to be a potential top five pick, and you playing the ball game. First of all, like he at least he played a half. Like a lot of guys, you're not even going to play in the bowl game because you're not in the college Bob will playoff. He went out there because he wanted to get a historic passing record, and then when he got that, he took himself out of halftime because again it's like that bowl game means nothing. Absolutely words.
Speaker 7: The key word he took his self out right keyword. He took hisself out. The coaches didn't come and be like, look you good, you're going to the NFL. You broke the record, shit out, don't worry about he took hisself out.
Speaker 6: That's because he's got a future.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 7: But then when you get a guy on the in the NFL, what type of what type of future do you see? And a guy like that, like will he shut it down when things ain't going right? Do he want to be traded? I mean, you gotta look at situations like that.
Speaker 6: Who's that cat for?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 1: Miss Matt Corral?
Speaker 6: Matt Corral? He played in the bowl game and towards a cl true, he got the record, So yeah, there there's like there's risk involved. And again it's not it's not like they're going for.
Speaker 1: The National I understand that, but I understand where you're coming from. Jake Budzen another example. He won the Blatantic All Award whatever the award is for best tight end. He won that award, decided to play in the ball game because that was when might be the John mcke Award. Hects out of the ball game plays. I believe it was out Obama and tore his a c L and in his career he had a couple more when Smith. Yeah, so I I understand opting out. I have no issue opting out of bowl games anymore, especially if you're not in the playoffs. If you're in the playoffs, you opt out. It's like that kind of hurts me a little bit because you're now you're taking away from a possible national championship.
Speaker 6: But if it's that the cheese At Bowl, the pop Tar Bowl, which was electric, it was like the best ball oh Man.
Speaker 1: Putting them in off the package, the toaster.
Speaker 8: Yeah to the war that's being created in this Bowl game. Like they had the strawberry pop tart from the year before up in the rafters and we're calling it pop Tart Heaven.
Speaker 1: He was like, cheers.
Speaker 8: This year, Who's gonna come join me in Heaven?
Speaker 1: Yes, truly, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: It was wild.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I didn't even know they made pop tarts anymore. I don't had a pop tart in a long time. I'm just being such good podcast.
Speaker 6: We know you're being honest.
Speaker 7: I'm being on. I never I didn't even know they made pop tarts anyway.
Speaker 1: Do you remember toaster Strude Do they still Yeah? Yeah, are the same company. I don't know, rival company.
Speaker 8: There's actually a movie on Netflix.
Speaker 7: Oh I saw that movie, The Kellogg's or whatever.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, Kellogg versus somebody. But they Toaster Strudel took over the breakfast pastry uh demographics, and then Kellogg came out with pop tart to rival.
Speaker 1: They stole.
Speaker 7: Then they steal the stuff up the dumpster. Right, they stole like the creamy filling out of the dumpster. And then that's how they created it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some sh why are they doing that? Just make the creamy feeling they stole.
Speaker 2: They didn't know how because they was trying. They both was trying to Plankton situation. Okay, Plankton, Okay, I thought you they got the ingredients from a dumpster. I'm like, what do they So these guys went in there, Plankton goes in trying to steal that Krabby Patty formula.
Speaker 7: There you go, Oh gotcha, there you go.
Speaker 4: I'm right on that.
Speaker 7: Recently I've come across.
Speaker 1: J JP said before you got the mic, there's more to Plankton than we know.
Speaker 6: This pot He is a SpongeBob expert.
Speaker 9: Yeah, recently I came across You're gonna hear the word again. Some dark lore in the SpongeBob universe where SpongeBob is captured and he is being harvested by mister Crabs, and mister Crabs is actually the villain because there are no crabs in SpongeBob, right, He's the only one. The secret ingredient to the Krabby Patty is allegedly crab. And so now Plankton has been called upon he does. He's looking for whatever it is, and he stumbles upon SpongeBob because SpongeBob has been missing for like twenty one days, and.
Speaker 7: He's like tied up.
Speaker 9: It's like the most graphic comic ever. He's tied up, arms and legs, like being electrocuted every like thirty minutes.
Speaker 7: And he comes in.
Speaker 9: Plankton or SpongeBob's like, you were never the bad guy, Plankton. It was always Eugene. And he's like, but I need you to do one favor for me. He's like, well, what is it, spunge Bob any think. He's like, I need you to pull that switch and it's to kill switch to end it all for him. And Flankton hits the switch and then like goes out to the news and they take down mister crabs.
Speaker 1: What that's serious? Wow?
Speaker 7: Pop tarts stuff?
Speaker 1: Pop tarts is crazy.
Speaker 6: They still make pizza.
Speaker 1: Rolls as well.
Speaker 7: That stuff though, that's the problem. I mean, it's bad for you. If you look at some of the ingredients and there they'd be like yellow bee. What the hell is yellow bee?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Are y'all pop tar or toast toaster shootle pop tart?
Speaker 1: I think tost shootles are better, but poptar has a nostalagi like kid bibe about a pop tart.
Speaker 6: The brown sugar pop tart, the cookie.
Speaker 7: Do you still eat pop tarts? You got pop tarts in your house right now? Okay, do you got pop tarts in your house right up?
Speaker 1: Either? Either.
Speaker 6: I grew up on pop tarts.
Speaker 7: They all grew up on.
Speaker 1: It was like early nineties treat for kids.
Speaker 6: Early nineties now that I hear sponsoring Bowld late nineties.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, you're you're a teenager came out in pop Tart was a household was a household brand. Forever you get a toaster, strudele as a kid. That's like a five star restaurant that is. Yeah, it's just a different it's a different different. The ability to put the amount of cream you want on your stoodle on your pastry, and I feel like it was filled more with more jelly or whatever it was inside.
Speaker 7: They were fire. I'm not even gonna cap.
Speaker 1: And the difference between jelly and jail. I don't know.
Speaker 7: If I.
Speaker 1: Don't know something, it's actually seeds. It's the seats. The seeds are a different.
Speaker 7: Yay.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I've never had a toast Oh for real, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We gotta get with they.
Speaker 6: Do you think so?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: They are elite fire. Yes, my boy Logan was about him, I bet, especially with the news to a Sweet Sweet Logan a toaster ovens to now, oh what a toaster ovens?
Speaker 1: See. I can see Logan's dad the way you talk about his house, I feel like you the way you talk about Logan's father is walking into Willie Walks Chocolate factory, like there was just so many treats and things like this. This would have been on a mantle sitting somewhere. This is a child's dream. You wake up in the morning and you smell that pastrn and you're like, could it be pancakes? Should be this? And you see the toaster strudele You're thinking, holy fuck, someone died or I won an award, Like there's dramatic things have to happen to get a strude in your life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Logan's dad house was the spot to be. It's the cereal. I'm talking big bowl, big bowl, not just the regular size, the whole box.
Speaker 7: Like the mixed bowl, the box like a mixer bowl.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I was, I was that guy. You were the guy the house, you were that house.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 1: Obviously he's saying his boy, Logan had the house where you'd go over there and you're like, we know where he's you want to stay at everything?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah we had. We had the cereals. I mean, may you know it was in the bag. It wasn't the name brand join so you know it was the big bag so we can make gang of cereal.
Speaker 1: You feel me, Hey when you find out that the bag, those bags are the same exact thing with different branding that changed changed everything. Hey, that's what we ate. I can get this for an affordable price. Yeah, this is insane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I go to my friends. They got the good cereal.
Speaker 6: Bulls are crazy.
Speaker 1: That's a good ball.
Speaker 6: You get one of them. Straw out of the cabinet didn't.
Speaker 1: Have like plastic. Yeah, as kids kids, but the dog was eating out then though, I don't.
Speaker 6: Know, I'm just seeing them things get suspect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't trust them because they never know what ever, yeah whatever. As a kid, though, you're not thinking about that. It's the greatest invention ever ever made. Yeah, yeah, like those are two incredible people knew will stayed over when their straw had two marks.
Speaker 6: Hey, I never you know, Pauls, but I never worked the straw on those bowls. But I never wanted those balls. I never wanted no, never wanted ever it is I was going crazy.
Speaker 7: I hated plastic balls. It just made it the ship taste funny. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: As a kid you thought that, are knowing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, as a kid, even when I the plastic, it was like drink.
Speaker 1: As a kid, you're not thinking, oh, this is plastic. This is right now, you're thinking, I don't think you know, like when you taste the milk, you taste the milk. It just had that cool taste to it, Like God, Damn man, you must have grown up. I grew up in the hood. Yeah, so you don't give a funk about balls, a plastic any McDonald's cup. Remember when they come out the limit, that was our only person on your block. Recycling, recycling.
Speaker 7: I don't even know what recycling was until I got to the NFL, exactly.
Speaker 1: So when you were a kid, you you eat that bowl and you're like stoked about it, that colored bowl, telling me what he stoked about it?
Speaker 6: As a kid, you were poor. You grew up in the hood. You guys didn't believe in that. If you love those bulls, didn't delay me, y'all. Dude, cam Ward, Yeah so we like that move. You you're okay with that move. I'm cool with that move. Like to me, it's like if Miami fans are are are bummed about the move, It's like, yo, cam Ward is the reason you guys are gotten that ball in the first true. Yeah, yeah, he's playing for the future.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm fine with that. I think the only thing that stinks is like a team like Iowa State that wants to prove that they should be there. Now that game will forever have an asterisk on it of would they have beat Miami if cam Ward played and it's like, well, hey, we you know we kept it close when he wasn't in the first.
Speaker 6: Half when it tied up at halftime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll never know.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 6: Forty two points scored in like the first half quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I don't like it. You got to choose one or the other. You had to opt in or opt out. Yeah, I wouldn't have just played finished the same way as like ten eleven twelve year Evets retiring at halftime, which like, bro, just play thirty more minutes. I'm done, I'm out.
Speaker 9: Miami also had that too, because that dude that's played like eight years of college football tight end. Yeah, oh yeah, Scribe, somebody was like, take your old ass home.
Speaker 1: Was he a baseball player before you played football? That's when COVID changed everything. That's when you started getting all types of shirts.
Speaker 7: So he was he like twenty five already twenty Like, hey, bro, I'm pretty sure he had twenty nine.
Speaker 1: He won't be able. He's not gonna get drafted high if he had.
Speaker 7: If he twenty nine years old and drafted at all, I thought he was bowling in the game.
Speaker 6: He didn't make no plays. Hey, but another thing they're doing to NCAA passed that JUCO it doesn't count towards your years, and like say you go, do you one after that? It doesn't count towards your years.
Speaker 1: So you get all going back? What they changed that was for uh I think for uh yeah is that because of him? Yeah? That's wild.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 6: You did. Like those bullets would get two more years now.
Speaker 7: I thought he only got one, but.
Speaker 8: Allegedly because he was in JUCO for two years, that would then both of those two years of eligibility would be granted back to him.
Speaker 1: Wow, Pavia now has two years that I'll google it because I know he was fighting for another year. But if he has another one after this, that's crazy.
Speaker 10: What does what does that do for high schoolers that are getting recruited? You just say screw it, I'm gonna go to JUCO for two years and.
Speaker 1: Yes, became a minor league, became a minor league of college of college.
Speaker 4: So now we're just gonna have twenty nine year olds. Yeah, senior year again.
Speaker 6: Somebody, uh, some coach was saying that it might have in sark. It was like, you're gonna have like mid to late twenty year olds playing college football now the way?
Speaker 7: I mean, but is that statutory rate once they go to college and they mess with a freshman. I'm just I'm just trying to figure out how you're gonna have.
Speaker 1: That different podcast subject who have fun here?
Speaker 7: A statutory I wanted to know the answers to these questions.
Speaker 6: You have to know what are you just gonna get dicey yees get.
Speaker 1: So you're saying if a kid's like twenty two, twenty three years old and he's a freshman, yeah, well and everybody eighteen, not everybody eighteen going to college.
Speaker 11: That's true, but yeah, but yeah, I mean not Bryce Underwood seventeen slang balling. I heard some good things about Bryce Balling, heard some good things about Bryce Underwood looks the part.
Speaker 1: Definitely definitely did not think he was that big. I met him too, didn't we meet him? No. I met him when I took my daughter to Northwestern. He was there and I saw him. I was like, yeah, this kid must be super talented. I didn't think anything about his size. And then seeing him next to Orgy That's when I was like, oh my god, this kid really looks like are you talking about Bryce Young.
Speaker 7: No, hell, okay, I was like, what I think Bryce Young was fired?
Speaker 1: I thought you did think we're talking about college he was fired.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about the college player.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the Bryce Underwood kid that went to Michigan. Yes, okay, yeah, we're on the same place there for a second, he was based in college.
Speaker 12: But you know.
Speaker 7: He's getting there, getting back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't like the I'm not a huge fan of the whole opting out halfway through a game. I don't like that brings it back back. Where are we going? Who did that?
Speaker 7: That you know of an NFL that we play with?
Speaker 1: You hear stories about that Steelers that did that they have playing or Buffalo. I did the halftime you can look at.
Speaker 7: He did that in the Yeah, yeah at halftime. At halftime he said I'm done. He got I think he got to be for a touchdown, he said, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Don't and is it for me? Football is not going to change nothing.
Speaker 6: He's done. He was done. How many years did he play? He played for a while. Yeah, I mean, bro, it's just you know, unfortunately, it's it's all a business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, but there's still like a level of team, a level of team. Gotta have it. Without that, you have nothing. Yeah, what do we learn about Diego Pavia?
Speaker 8: Two years at New Mexico State, two years at New Mexico Military, which is the JUCO program. So they're saying he's being granted a six year obviously, but it would be that's two years at a JUCO that would then be negated, so then he would be good.
Speaker 6: So it's only when he's got one more year this year, as he played two in New Mexico State, one at Vandy already, and then he'd have one more at Vandy, which will make six total years.
Speaker 8: I think you also, don't you still if you were in college for twenty twenty you have that COVID.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe that's where it gets us, where it gets beyond.
Speaker 8: Me that COVID year because he was at the But maybe it doesn't count because he was at the JUCO in twenty twenty, so maybe it doesn't count.
Speaker 6: He's the perfect example of the type of kid that being in college as long as possible help out.
Speaker 8: Oh, make your money, you want to get the man, your guy.
Speaker 7: He ain't getting no nil deal what he getting into it now? Probably, but he wasn't at first, And he's crazy amount.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get paid.
Speaker 8: He's not gonna be social media making n I L posts like.
Speaker 6: Makes a good amountains did he make seven figures?
Speaker 1: No, he will next year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, local spots for sure.
Speaker 1: Tutsies. They don't give don't give a damn about no football players. That just funny though, Like, yeah, when I finished the big Game, you don't like to go. He's on Broadway getting live music, affordable drinks, food.
Speaker 7: I don't even think those dudes go down there. They stay on broad like the Mummery and in the New Area every year. Man, Yeah, midtown. I don't think they go downtown that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is a guy. I wonder if we'll get a get rid of eligibility and just turn college into a world of being a minor league guys just playing playing college for ten years have an MD.
Speaker 6: That's insane, you know, I think it will start trending.
Speaker 1: I mean if you're not if you if you were to go to school, be a doctor while you're doing it, because you've got an MD of free MD at the end of it, and you make an IL.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a lot of school.
Speaker 1: Just keep going, just keep on pushing. But if you know you're not getting drafted, like you're not a cat that can probably make in the NFL, but you're gonna make five hundred to a million dollars a year, just be like that could be your new CFL, your new XFL, your new UFL, all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Get a bunch of MAS degrees right in the process.
Speaker 1: If somebody said, hey, I'll give you two hundred thousand dollars to stay at Michigan, or you can go try the UFL XFL at hopefully NFL route and make thirty forty fifty thousand dollars a year. I mean, if I wasn't who I am, you know, maybe, but in that situation, in that situation, a situation, take two hundred grad.
Speaker 7: If I was pooh butt, you know I got in every every once in a while. Now I'm taking that deal. That's a that's.
Speaker 1: A poo butt, that's a that's a salary, right doubt, that's real money, real money.
Speaker 6: A jp ACC. Should they get relegated, they're won in nine in bowl games.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't see why not. I think Sherman and I were talking about it. You take the Clemsons, the Florida States, the Miami's and then whatever third team or fourth team you want to do. Syracuse b Tech, Yes, Syracuse, but like, yeah, I rick in Virginia Tech. Put them into the SEC, or split them to go to the SEC, to go to the Big ten, next crew down, kind of figure out if you want to send them to Big twelve or whatever it is, and then those bottom half of the teams. I'm sorry, thank you for your time. We enjoyed having you. No exactly, because it's not it's not right like they have the easiest path to the College Football Playoff.
Speaker 6: Right with the criteria that is currently laid out right.
Speaker 9: And so Clemson people viewed as hate. I'm like, it's y'all will come to the SEC, you'll you can go to the Big Ten. Like it's not a knock on Clemson, as much as I would love to knock them, but yeah, it just seems like it's the most fair, most competitive thing to do.
Speaker 1: But also I feel like Big ten never does well in the bowl games, right, well, always do well in the early bowls until January hits, and then once the January hits.
Speaker 6: Yeah, missooiwa today, but yeah, we always.
Speaker 1: I could just pull it out what we've been seeing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, historically we do well until January hits and then really after that it's you have a Michigan that you guys want it last year, and then if Ohio State's in it, like there, that's usually your only shot.
Speaker 1: But now we have three shots Ohio State, Penn State, and Oregon.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that the Oregon Ouse State games.
Speaker 1: That game is going to be wild. I know where I'm going. They didn't have to look anything up.
Speaker 6: And then we get to see too. Arizona State State Texas.
Speaker 1: I think everybody besides the State of Texas is an Arizona State fan this week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the state of Texas is big time Arizona State fans.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People don't want Texas and Texas.
Speaker 8: Huh outside of Boston. I mean, if you didn't go to Utah, State of Texas because you have a ton of Big twelve schools in Texas that are like, we want legitimacy. This will make our conference look incredible. If Arizona Arizona State like pounds Texas, yeah, or wins a close one, but we need this win. Big twelve needs this way.
Speaker 1: We should make that graphic. We have coupe make that graphic of the United States and everything the asus that a small blip of Boston in Texas. Oh for sure, because that is that would be incredible to see that incredible.
Speaker 8: The scattabout highlights are going to be generational nuts.
Speaker 1: I know knows these Bowl games, like you got these little, little, tiny bowl games that you kind of put on whatever. The only thing I really put on was Nebraska.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, that's that's a that was a big bowl game, that it was a bad boy Mowers Bowl, pendstripe.
Speaker 1: Heyst Yankee State world champions, world champion. How did that feel?
Speaker 6: It felt good?
Speaker 1: It felt awesome. I was not the flex but text with Keikley.
Speaker 6: Oh shit, hey, you're cutting this film on. You're watching the game right now. He's like, oh, funny, you want to text me after you guys are.
Speaker 1: Up thirteen to two. Yeah, I had to.
Speaker 6: I had to make sure we were gonna do all right in this game?
Speaker 1: Is he leaving or what after this year? He say, okay, right, yeah, yeah, real is staying. I mean that was chiming. Immediately I thought to myself, oh no, no, yeah, maybe he's not staying. That was the running around.
Speaker 7: I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: I'll give you all all props right now.
Speaker 7: I'm out of here.
Speaker 6: Now he's letting him know like he broke a generational curse. Yeah, we broke a generational curse. We haven't been to a bowl game in like a decade. We haven't won a bowl game in a long time. We haven't had a winning season a long time, as a generational curse being broken.
Speaker 1: Next year, and we almost.
Speaker 6: Lost bro Delandy. We were up twenty to two in the fourth quarter. Yeah, and almost blew it in Nebraska fashion. But hey, we didn't monkey off our back fourth quarter, one score game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, God, five is gonna be a great year. Years might go. I mean, besides you guys, we'll go seventy five. You guys can for real go eleven and one next year.
Speaker 6: We could with our schedule, Yeah, we could with our schedule. We have like we have an Indiana Asque schedule. I mean, we had an easy schedule this year too. We just you get that fuf you had that fourth game.
Speaker 1: Other than that, years look good.
Speaker 6: I know the Rusting Bowl is back, Yes, dudeus Bowl That fires me up. September twentieth, Michigan at Nebraska. We will be there and kicking off the year Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: We will also be there.
Speaker 6: We will be there at Arrowhead Big game.
Speaker 1: That's a big game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a Tone Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, JP.
Speaker 6: Hogs back four year deal right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You guys are three and one before you're bye? When when? When? When? When? When?
Speaker 6: Minnesota is tough ball club?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we ain't sleeping on Minnesota U c l A.
Speaker 1: Even what I say.
Speaker 6: Last year, Illinoyd tough ball club. We ain't sleeping on Illinois.
Speaker 1: L And you did? You lost? So I tried.
Speaker 6: Sleep on Illinois.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, bro, you guys got a good schedule that those last two are talks. Yeah, you've got to figure out a way to be dial You gotta figure out a way to be We.
Speaker 6: Are taking down Iowa next year. Mark my words, Mark mark my words. We were taking don Iowa. I might have to just go to the game too.
Speaker 1: I might have to be there just the day after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all hands on deck. We're taking over the borders.
Speaker 1: Scotty, I gotta go. I'll be back.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'll be holding the flag on the sideline, ready to play it in our own stadium. Maybe I'll just have to do a side quest and fly. If I go to Iowa, God, that'd be so.
Speaker 1: One thing I loved about Nebraska. Here's here's Nebraska and Caim Wore Kim Wore dips on dips on the game Nebraska. They play. They're running back, right, you're running back. He elects to play in the game, not to get ready for the draft. He lost his mom in November, and he told the coaches like, I don't want anybody to know about it. I don't want to be a distraction of the team. And he goes and finishes out, has an opportunity be draft pick, decides to stay because they want to get the win back. That is football. That's football. That's what you want. The stories, those are the stories that warms your heart. You watch the m v P.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the MVP of the game.
Speaker 1: He's from he's from that area, right, yeah, yeah, hometown boy.
Speaker 7: I'm sure get your degree. So once she passed, he probably was like, I'm gonna come.
Speaker 1: Back to school. I mean, I think he was a six year guy.
Speaker 7: A six year guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he was a six year I'm not sure he might have been. I think I think that's right. But the dude, the fact that he's staying and watching And who was the other cat too that had kids? And they're like, why why are you playing this game? He's because I don't want Yeah, that's the ship, dude, set a good example. You want that Nebraska to you. The ones that look the same, right.
Speaker 6: The ones that look at.
Speaker 8: Nine into year oldn't opt out because there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the guys that are gonna have NF career draft make also another monkey off the back.
Speaker 1: They had zero drafted guys last year. Now they're gonna get some draft picks.
Speaker 12: Come on.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, y'all got some draft picks come hopefully, especially yeah Bear and I'm definitely gonna get drafted. Sure, Oh yeah, he's a he's a dog in that which one? Bear?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah about.
Speaker 1: Yeah? It would be fun, dude, will be fun. You guys want to do a little bit of NFL, let's just sprinkle a little NFL in there.
Speaker 6: Did you guys watch Commander's Falcons last night?
Speaker 1: I saw a piece of it. I saw you watched the end. No, I stricked my fantasy and realized I'm on the path to repeat this year.
Speaker 7: Were you in first?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah? Super Bowl?
Speaker 6: Who do we got left to play? It's you two, right, yeah, JP and Taylor.
Speaker 1: But JP had a tough c. J. Stroud got him like six points and the Steelers got a minus one on defense. Yeah because you Yeah, that's a that's a tough start in the last two games. You you total those two games, right, it's the winner. So you're at a forty point deficit right now.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, I do have next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you're done, bro, Yeah, forty point deficit.
Speaker 7: I got Jamar Chase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do, hang on, hang on, hang on. Two weeks.
Speaker 6: It's two weeks week.
Speaker 1: So the championship, you take week seventeen and week eighteen and you total both of your weeks and that will never been in the championship before.
Speaker 6: No, but in my other league, the Fantasy super Bowls just this week, Oh really I saw the Yeah you avoid to like say, you have Mahomes is your quarterback and he's not playing for those types of scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to getting third in my other league, which I needed.
Speaker 1: I need it.
Speaker 7: We also, I know we're about to hit the NFL.
Speaker 9: We do we I think we do need to talk about Antonio Brown's award ceremony that went incredible.
Speaker 6: The Cracker of the Year Award.
Speaker 1: Incredible, incredible fact that freight the tank on.
Speaker 9: For ever everything And of course Joe bids Joe Biden and the winner is Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: He could not be here with us today, Dude.
Speaker 1: That was so well done.
Speaker 7: He's officially a genius. What is this?
Speaker 6: Whoever the team is?
Speaker 1: He's in a Kanye world right now. He's understood, definitely, cat that kind of just sees the world away differently than everybody else. Maybe he's a good thing.
Speaker 6: Maybe to me it's it's his team. It's his team behind him.
Speaker 1: They just know that.
Speaker 7: That whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so amazing. His socials funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got, we gotta get.
Speaker 1: We gotta get.
Speaker 7: What do we do to get dominated?
Speaker 1: We gotta we gotta get busted nominated for something that.
Speaker 7: I'm surprised Will didn't get nominated for some I.
Speaker 6: Gotta get in those Cracker Awards, bro, I thought he would have.
Speaker 1: Got to. Yeah, Rebel Rose, Hey, so what what's the uh?
Speaker 6: It's Garrett right, Garrett got last. You got you gotta die your hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did get last, Thank god, I did it. What is it just blonde hair?
Speaker 1: You should do your beer too?
Speaker 4: For fun.
Speaker 1: Your beer goes so fast, you mustache again. I did already, I did that again.
Speaker 6: He but gee, to that hurt?
Speaker 1: People hurt?
Speaker 6: I'm yeah, Hey, to that point your beard does grow back crazy crazy and it will be even super. How long does he gotta have it? Does he gotta keep the color?
Speaker 4: We didn't say you should do it?
Speaker 6: Can?
Speaker 9: I can?
Speaker 4: I do it in the spring, like I'm not doing it before we go to the super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Like the super Bowl, Bro, I can't have you should you gotta do it before the football season ends. Somebody gonna Orleans, Man, you're just gonna keep punting. We'll be in next no memory.
Speaker 6: But I'll do it spring.
Speaker 7: Trym in New Orleans would go, Yeah, I think you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Soon soon.
Speaker 4: Hey, look at it like this at thirty first birthday yellow hilarious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now that you're looking back at sixty, like oh me and the boys mann.
Speaker 4: Thirty, y'all were about to let Delaney not have yellow eyebrows at the super Bowl?
Speaker 6: No, No, he was down.
Speaker 4: I was going he was going to try at the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to do it at the super Bowl, Like for sure that was you would have had to. I mean, if I would have had to, you know, my word is my bond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so beautifully said I would have done it.
Speaker 6: No, I mean we got some solidarity going because I mean, yeah, if Bengals get in the playoffs, that's just your rooting for the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I'm like, let me do Spring so I get on my Joe Burrow ship.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's a better point to do it now, you listen. I don't know. I understand why you don't. Actually, I don't understand why I wanted to Spring, but like, do it now and then have to do Super Bowl and then rip supers over cut it or you.
Speaker 4: Know, are you gonna cut it short to do it.
Speaker 1: The top?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'm gonna at least.
Speaker 4: Try and make it look decent.
Speaker 6: He's gonna bleach that stuff out right.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna bleach it.
Speaker 7: No, don't bleach it. That shop will lasts whatever you gotta.
Speaker 1: As long as his hair grows. What are you talking about. I'll do the roots. It's gonna be it's gonna look crazy. I'm half tempted to do it with you.
Speaker 4: I'll do I'll do it right, like I'm gonna have somebody do it, Oh my god, doing it.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna cut my hands the whole bust and crew of blonde hair. Hey, I'll do it. Everybody does it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do it like this. I'm not gonna do it this long.
Speaker 1: I'll do it like this. You kidding me? I'm gonna it would be fun.
Speaker 6: You've kind of you always wanted to go blonde?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always I've always wanted the excuse to do something. But then I just keep getting old, and I'm like bro thirty three with that hair, and I'm like, I decided to go with my boy in a bed, Like what a dumb idea? Wow, I'm dumb, but I'm doing it. I'm in. Yeah, Will, you may like it?
Speaker 4: J jump in for the super Bowl?
Speaker 6: For the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: What you mean, man, We're all gonna look bad. We're all pasty white. Hey, and you love online?
Speaker 7: Everybody gonna spot on New Orleans Early.
Speaker 1: Will is the perfect candidate for the movie Ready Player one. We would that was a great phenomenal love that movie. Might watch that later?
Speaker 4: Washing it two days ago?
Speaker 5: Mit?
Speaker 1: You in all right?
Speaker 4: But anything got it that made you?
Speaker 1: Guys got we we could all do it without Will.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: We got to. But I mean Coop is already blonde.
Speaker 4: Cut that ship.
Speaker 1: I think Jerry did work to do it. Got Jared, Jared Jared Jack.
Speaker 7: I don't know if Jerry Will.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have your bigas issue? Should we call it Jack?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 4: Jack definitely not asleep or he is not awake.
Speaker 7: Jack went to show at.
Speaker 4: The Sphere last night. He is not awake.
Speaker 6: Oh he's out in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, aren't you going?
Speaker 7: Jack went to Vegas.
Speaker 1: I'm not went to Vegas.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go in the spring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nine o'clock.
Speaker 6: It's not even on he said, Yeah, he just went once. Went way back to what he say to in the group chat. Anything y'all need you guys, I'll be around.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's only nine to twenty.
Speaker 7: That's why he's still asleep for sure.
Speaker 6: I mean social media guy.
Speaker 1: So let's try to take a turn a negative town run fun run fun. No, No, let's let's cement this real quick. Are we doing blonde hair?
Speaker 6: Garrett has to I have to.
Speaker 9: I know, you have to.
Speaker 1: Always Without everybody here, we can all dis agree to it right now?
Speaker 4: And do I have to do it before Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: I was ready? Yeah, you gotta do it before super Bowl? What the fuck? All right?
Speaker 4: All right, thirty first birthday.
Speaker 1: You may like it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to cut it short.
Speaker 1: You may like it.
Speaker 7: You never know.
Speaker 1: If we all do it. I can't do it, Bro, it makes sense. That's an awesome we'll bring it to the council.
Speaker 7: I look crazy with blind here?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 7: How dark I am?
Speaker 1: But you look sweet. I'll be on some cisco.
Speaker 2: Know.
Speaker 7: What was the movie? Uh?
Speaker 1: Ready, player one?
Speaker 7: With what you're talking about? Demolition Man?
Speaker 1: What's demolition Many never see Demolition Man? It's a good movie.
Speaker 7: Really, Yeah, Wesley Snipes he got the blind Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: That looks crazy.
Speaker 6: Hey on the Bengals though, how about the fucking Bengals, dude.
Speaker 1: The Bengals. Not just the Bengals, the Bengals, how about the Bengals offense? And Joe Burrow?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's like how.
Speaker 4: Many games straight?
Speaker 6: Fifty three touchdowns the last eight games?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 1: He had four hundred yards last game.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean he's three tds.
Speaker 1: Bro. He is truly like refusing to let his team die. They're so bad around him, and he's like, we're just gonna keep going.
Speaker 6: You think Joe B is the m v P.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he'll weard. Maybe he should be.
Speaker 7: He's in it.
Speaker 9: Forty six hundred passing yards, forty two touchdowns, eight interceptions, that's.
Speaker 1: Thousands, Like they are dangerous.
Speaker 6: He should be the m v P.
Speaker 1: So what do they need if not?
Speaker 6: Though, I think it's Lamar.
Speaker 1: Is either Josh all or.
Speaker 6: Like I get the Josh Allen. Like to me, Josh Allen does more with less. But if you look at the season that Lamar Jackson has had stat wise, it is crazy.
Speaker 7: It's crazy. I mean, look at the players they got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying. Josh lamars a beast.
Speaker 1: He's a beast. I just think.
Speaker 6: But you're telling if we're talking about doing more with less. To me, that's where it's like, well, Joe Joe B. He's got Jamar Chason Higgins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got Jamar Jason Higgins. But he's also playing as with his defense on his team defense, lay Joe with the most valuable player. Without Joe Burrow, the Bengals were out of it weeks ago.
Speaker 6: Could have been yeah, right for sure you could see you could look to Lamar. What hey, bring that back up. Four thousand yards, thirty nine touchdowns, four interceptions.
Speaker 1: What's he ran for?
Speaker 9: He's run for eight hundred and fifty two yards so far, four touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Bro he's so good.
Speaker 6: I mean he's gonna have like five thousand on purpose.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, yeah, Well the next quarterback that go play for the Ravens game, go break none of his touchdowns?
Speaker 1: Does he have to be you know one guys, break record broken. Lamar's records will never be probably be broke.
Speaker 6: I mean, dude's gonna end the year with like forty five touchdowns, five thousand purposes.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man.
Speaker 6: I get people wanted like Josh Alla. Yeah, Josh Allen's a stud, He's an elite player, but his numbers don't match up with Lamar.
Speaker 1: Where does Joe Burrow match neck?
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, Burrow right now has four thousand, six hundred and forty one yards. If he goes off again, he could get five thousand yards passing and call it. He has three touchdowns. Next week he did with forty five touchdowns. I don't know how many rushing.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying. If the Bengals happen to get into the playoffs, because I think what would hurt Joe B. Obviously if his team doesn't make the playoffs, but if they get in, I think it's Joe B.
Speaker 7: Well, what's the scenario and them getting in the playoffs, then you have it at the bottom.
Speaker 6: So for the for the Bengals to make the playoffs, they have to win this week. Obviously Miami Dolphins have to lose to the Jets and the Chiefs have to beat the Broncos.
Speaker 7: So they need a lot said, the Chiefs may make that happen. But the Jets beating Miami right now.
Speaker 1: What are Miami's playoff hooks right now? They out? Oh, oh, that's right.
Speaker 6: Because I was sitting there saying, if you're the Chiefs, you want to go along with you if you don't want to face Burrow, you could throw the game against the Broncos. So that way, Joe B.
Speaker 7: He just don't right. But teams don't think like that though, that you don't sit in the war room and be like, let's throw this game.
Speaker 6: No cats and locker. That's brought that up.
Speaker 7: I've never been around. See when I was in love with Kats don't have to bring that ship up to me because I'll be like, shut that ship down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that doesn't mean it can't be brought up and we couldn't laugh about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, side locker room for sure.
Speaker 6: Joe b he's kind of cooking out there right now.
Speaker 1: We can.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's a defensive talk the offense.
Speaker 1: We ain't thinking like that's defensive. That's a that's an afterthought thing like if you lose, you know, hey, we got the ones that am with Joey on the playoffs too. We don't want to see him. That's a week of conversation. I've never heard that.
Speaker 6: You don't think you don't think anybody's in there just bringing it up.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure defense is so the Bengals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what's killed them. They have like I think they're twenty eighth in the league and points in total yards. They just have a They've had a brutal defense all year long. They showed up to play in these last games obviously.
Speaker 1: Like what if they win, They win, dude, they could be that team that that spicy team in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Fucked them over a couple of times this year.
Speaker 7: Exerious has been hurt and they playing in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: But think about this Delanny a couple of weeks ago, Like for the Bengals to get in, they had to like one to five percent chance of getting the playoffs, right, they needed the Broncos to lose. The last three games. Broncos have lost twice. Like all of the things that they've needed to happen has happened. That's why I think it would be nuts. I do think it's gonna be tough for Miami to lose the Jets. Let me just lost forty to nothing.
Speaker 1: Steelers shamble playoff rings are because Steelers might have nothing to play for it. They might be sitting a lot of guys.
Speaker 7: They got if Aaron Rodgers come back, they don't want to be here, Like god, damn.
Speaker 1: Let's see how the Steelers clinch. Okay, so they have the opportunity to still clinch. The Steelers, Yeah they the division. Yeah, Yeah, that's gonna be tough.
Speaker 7: They already yeah, yeah, they already.
Speaker 1: Devin the Ravens are have the same record. That's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, That's why I'm like, like, Pittsburgh is a sleeper team. You didn't think they was six?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've been a sleeper team when you look at the body of work. But these last couple of showings they've.
Speaker 7: Had, it's not been Oh, it's been not garbage.
Speaker 1: They're kind of limping into the playoffs.
Speaker 7: You see yeahs you even hear they one of their key players. Hey, we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Guys and one dude not doing their job.
Speaker 7: Who you think they was talking about?
Speaker 6: The few clips I've seen I think it's a six Patrick Queen, the few clips i've seen Travis being white. Oh, I'm watching the defense and everything else. I'm like, oh, that is that one's on six.
Speaker 10: Yeah, did you guys watch the Green Bay Vikings game? I watched it a little bit of and then Vikings are for real?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Vikings. Vikings are a wagon. Bro, No one's really talking about. I mean, Kevin O'Connell Coach of the year.
Speaker 7: You'd say he gonna get coach I think so.
Speaker 6: He's a favorite right now in the sports Harball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I forgot about horrorball gonna get Coach of the Year art No, Bro.
Speaker 1: He could because of the name he he is, like, he's believenell. I believe O'Connell. I believe he is the guy. But then first, yeah, you have Sam Donald come in. You're like, hey, he'll be you know, let let Jersey learn behind him. And then when he's ready to take over halfway through the season, and then Sam goes off the way he does. O'Connell, the defense is incredible. That's a that's a fully three phase put together team right there.
Speaker 6: They lost another like quality player in training camp to right the Vikings. Was it a corner somebody went on IR after j year went on IR to me, It's like O'Connell, because what are they fourteen, fourteen and two right now? Yeah, fourteen to two right now? Their first over, their first round pick goes on IR. Another cat goes on IR in training camp, Like nobody was really talking about the Vikings at all, and they've just had the year that they've had. Like, they're in a playoff game this weekend. They're playing for the one seed or if you lose, they get the five seed.
Speaker 1: NFC is so stacked.
Speaker 4: No, they already got it.
Speaker 7: They yeah, one seed in home field advantage.
Speaker 6: Wait what No, no, No, they're playing for the one seed. The Eagles in Detroit Eagles have the two seed and Detroit in Minnesota they're both they have the exact same record, like they're playing for the one seed. Whoever doesn't win this game goes down to the five seed.
Speaker 1: That's the game of the week in the locker room right there.
Speaker 7: I mean Detroit go to the five seed. That's still that's big for them. Still, I still think, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Think it sucks too, like because the five you got to go on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah. I think if you're Detroit, you need that. You need this win, you need that by get dude's healthy. You gotta have it. You got it.
Speaker 6: We're obviously recording this on Monday. If the Lions lose tonight against the Niners, do the Vikings then clinch the one seed? Are they still playing for it next year?
Speaker 1: Next week? Go? What the same records? Right, fourteen and two thirteen and two thirteen to two, So the Vikings the Lions have to win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have to Yeah yeah might It might all come down to next week because even if they drop one against the Niners in the thirteen to three, they beat the Vikings both being fourteen and three, they have the tiebreaker.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 6: So yeah, big implications.
Speaker 1: I don't see the forty nine ers pulling off against the Lions. Yeah, I don't either. That's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's shaping up.
Speaker 1: Man. At this point the season, everyone's doing walk throughs and jounktors.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you chilli right, this is you just don't.
Speaker 1: Do the nasty nasty this year, I know.
Speaker 6: And also this many bad teams, yes, yeah there's been.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of but yeah, yeah, very very small middle class.
Speaker 6: No potential like New York Giants going and taking down the Patriots in the Super Bowl type team.
Speaker 1: It would be the band. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I take that back.
Speaker 1: I want the Bengals in.
Speaker 6: I want the Bengals in, as long as the Bucks don't play like the d against the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely the Bucks. So yeah, I take that back. There's always a middle class. There's always a class. Yeah, yeah, I take that. What are we thinking, boys? What do you shout out? No free shout out and boogie go fill in the.
Speaker 6: Locker room shout out, no free shout out to my Christmas gift of durable, heavy duty plastic hangers and looking for them and looking for them, been needing them to really shape up the closet, like I've never had an entirely clean set of of a closet like I've always had laundry sitting on the floor always. I've never I've never been at ground zero and a New Year's resie is gonna be having all my laundry done.
Speaker 7: I believe that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 10: I'm getting What about that pile on the floor though? That like next man up mentality?
Speaker 6: I think the key is like on Sundays to have a clean slate, then you have your next man up pile ready to go throughout the week. Then you let you know you put your clothes in the hamper. But then you've I've gotta be dialed in on my laundry every week.
Speaker 7: How big is your laundry room? Is it a big laundry room?
Speaker 1: What do you mean I gotta wash in the dryer?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Like a room.
Speaker 6: No, no, that it kind of shares with the mud room.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, I'll send you a picture.
Speaker 7: Now you haven't did that, I'll just ask you.
Speaker 6: I send you a picture.
Speaker 5: Room.
Speaker 1: Shut it if you shout out treating your body like dirt. Getting ready for the new Year's being like waking up being like, man, I don't want to eat this, but twenty five is right around the corner. Each Jan one, I'm gonna have a big reset. Let me go ahead and head. Let me get that bagel, Let me get that little piece of candy right there. Am I gonna work out today?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 1: Let me wait for Jan one and then all hands on deck and then they get Jack. Twenty twenty five starts all over again. Woke up today. I have myself a nice little sauna, cold tub. I thought, you know what started a couple of days earlier in the New Year's resume, just get ahead of the chains. Had the cold tub, had the sauna not in that order? Walked back in my house, stared at my phone for forty five minutes. It was beautiful. It was fucking beautiful. Boy. I'm with you.
Speaker 6: Anything I accomplished physicality wise the moment Thanksgiving started, I see you. I've went downhill last five weeks, the entire last I treated my body like a sewage plant, to the point where I'm scared to step on the scale, like I think I'm pushing two thirty.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, don henything.
Speaker 6: I'm pushing two thirty yes, alpha weight, Yeah, Alpha, I'm pushing the weight where Delaney would make a comment, now.
Speaker 1: You work out how much did you weigh when you play? Hey, the tans all gone there when.
Speaker 6: I played, But throughout the year, I've mostly been like around two eighteen ben as low as two fifteen. Yeah, but I flirted within that two fifteen to twenty range all year. Okay, And now I'm saying it's I've gained like ten to fifteen pounds.
Speaker 1: Like when we're done with this podcast in the locker room, I'm probably gonna go to proper bagel and get a bagel. I would love a bagel today. Just a diet, Huh on that South Beach diet. South Beach diet. I'm on that. Yeah, I'm on that Midwest midwinter diet.
Speaker 6: That Oval team.
Speaker 1: Yeah that it's too it's too cold to go outside diet.
Speaker 7: Right now, you got a shout out, Delaney, Uh yeah, my shout out, no free shot out is gonna be to generacks. Man, if you ain't ever had a generack, get you a damn generack when your power go out. When you live in a country in the middle of nowhere and your power go out and that generack.
Speaker 1: Kicks on without you doing anything.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's the best feeling in the world. Man, shout out generacks. Hit me up if y'all want to give me one but shot genneracks. Man like, yeah, you know what the generac is? A generator, sure is it? Yeah, it's a generator, a generator brand. Yeah, it's a generator brand. But it's a generator that hooks up to your gas line to your house so you don't have to do anything, and it hooks up to your two hundred amp bought power station. As soon as your power cut out, it automatic kicks on. You don't have to do anything, so you won't even you'll hear the power guard, but then they'll come back on, lights on, refrigerator works, and I got and we freezer camp. So we got freezers full of meat, beef, lamb you name it, chicken. So when the power go out, that meat can get rotten. Right, So when that generator kicks on and it saves everything, man, is the best feeling in the world.
Speaker 1: Good quality shutout. I paid a shitload of money for a generator when I build my house. The first baked storm came through and I was like, I hope, I just want to see if it works. It didn't. It didn't work, No, bro, I'm talking about I spent so much money. I was like, I want because the weather is so crazy in Nashville. Happened like throughout the like the next two years. It happened five, six, seven, eight more power outages. Never worked once. What this last year is the first time I started working. But I was on the phone. I was on the phone going full caron on cats. You know what. I spent this much fucking money for this and it doesn't work. Hey, well there's a part.
Speaker 6: There's a this.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, get me a new one. I don't want a new part. This was done, get a new one. I end up getting the new part. It works. Oh it's a huge joke, probably a third the size of this bus. What Yeah, it's massive.
Speaker 6: God underd.
Speaker 1: It was not working. God, it was not. It was kissing me off too, because you've been in my house and it's like, that's a lot of power. This motherfucker powers everything. Now it kind of rolls, but before I was I know about that.
Speaker 7: You gotta get your game up, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to give me a generas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Generas Generations is the best brand to me. But you know that's enough. Every time, every time I've had a generack, it never failed me. It always kicks on. Only one time it didn't kick on. I had to go out there and start it up myself. Only one time. Uh no, So you you you just push this button. It's got a pull that the button don't work. You gotta pull it like that and then you just press that button and they'll rekick itself back.
Speaker 1: On Generas Generas Man for the Man of the Country show showed up for shut up.
Speaker 8: I do go the Mega couch a Megica couch yesterday. It's one of those four piecel sofas and then we put it into like just a big rectangle ten hours straight on that thing, like four movies, five movies.
Speaker 1: God, you just got it.
Speaker 8: Uh No, We've had the couch for a while, but it was our first time Mega couching in Nashville.
Speaker 4: There's just nothing better than dolls.
Speaker 6: Love it.
Speaker 1: You love it.
Speaker 8: You're watching the movies. We fell asleep on it, the Coca Cola life savers. I mean we're going crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out twenty five five, not not today but today right now, yep, a couple more days boys than we got dial it in. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we should do a little something for Jack twenty twenty five as like a group. Well, yeah, I've thought more about that since about this podcast has gone on longer. What brand?
Speaker 7: Wait, what brand is that couch?
Speaker 8: I'll need to see is what the ladies are calling a dupe, which is like it's a fancy.
Speaker 1: Is it a love Joy?
Speaker 8: Knockoff?
Speaker 7: It a love Joy?
Speaker 6: It might be a dupe of that.
Speaker 8: Okay, but we're we're actually also in the sofa.
Speaker 6: Market.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we need a new couch. So if anybody has recommendations, leave them in the comments, please.
Speaker 7: Man, hell no, that's explicit.
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: There you got you got something from there, the one that the A c was dripping on. Y'all got that from there. Yeah, why y'all spend that kind of money for them? We wanted to.
Speaker 6: We want to be comfy.
Speaker 8: Okay, are you comfre you come here right now?
Speaker 6: It's okay, like when we have you on the show, we want you to feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: These couches is fine right here.
Speaker 8: That's restoration.
Speaker 7: You didn't get these from restoration.
Speaker 1: This was the locker room.
Speaker 7: You can tell the leathers look cheap.
Speaker 1: Be nasty. No, he said, I'm like you can tell from there. You're supposed to walk into our home like this is a lovely home and then talk ship to your significant other when you're in the car. I would never know.
Speaker 7: I would rather do it in the house when I'm there, so that you know you don't feel no type of way when I leave.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna feel some type of way.
Speaker 7: How to do the same in my house. I don't be like, how you what you think about the couch and be like it's trash. I'm like, well, thank you for letting me.
Speaker 6: It's all you can say. Any of you guys have a shoutout back, then.
Speaker 1: Shut out these shirts.
Speaker 9: Shout out to my new shoes. Yeah, I'm ready for a new era. Yeah, definitely, we'll be trying to top my last one. I think last year I got to three year, or last my last shoes I got to three years. We're gonna be going for four. I want these shoes for as long as Donald Trump for his whole presidential term.
Speaker 1: Is my goal. Okay, yeah, Sureley camera man Marry Jared Beaman of You Clean Them.
Speaker 7: Ultra Bruce, No, probably not maybe once or twice.
Speaker 1: What a crazy angle, Just JP Sack staring.
Speaker 6: Right at me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sharon has these same shoes truly.
Speaker 9: I mean, how you think my shoe like closet, part of my closet looks, is exactly how it looks. There's like three pairs, one pair of nice boots, these Adidas and then my other Adidas them.
Speaker 7: We're comfortable with your pair of Vans. Them are very comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm down in vans. They are comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I used to have the cleats and those. Yeah, you are so ass.
Speaker 1: No, terrible football cleats, the ones I god, the ones I wore as.
Speaker 6: Sponsored.
Speaker 7: They were comfortable though they moted on my feet.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know they don't about them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they don't sell that. No, they don't sell the cleats that I wore. They don't sell them because they were too asked to keep around. No, it's only because it was it was made for me.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 1: They don't sell them, dude. I I was Adidas. I was just half of my rookie year and then my feet kept hurting and I had like foot paint all the time. I had it in Michigan, and they were Adidas, like, hey, you just got like I had that broken foot, So it's like your foots just the form that's gonna hurt is what it is. I get here talk to ourselves like, hey, try a pair of Nike cleats to practice. No more foot paint wearing Nikes and it is like, hey, we're gonna drop you if you continue to You wore right there, which ones? Those Yeah, those were nice too, but it wasn't the color. You had to cut the straps off though. Oh you used to cut them off. Cut the straps off. Keep it like that, and I would wear the all whites, all reds. Click on him, click on don't cook on that one, don't click on that one, don't click on the one when he backpedal and over here that one, that one right there, that's a salty picture too. That's just what you want your left tackles look like.
Speaker 7: That was nice.
Speaker 6: The funny part about that photo Taylor's Instagram because.
Speaker 1: It was grainy that yeah, look at that nimble feet swag.
Speaker 7: I thought you wore tights.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: I did for the first couple of years, but then I realized the socks I like to have less. I like to have less on my person.
Speaker 6: Feel free out there.
Speaker 1: It's going with this.
Speaker 7: What you wore tights or socks? Socks?
Speaker 1: Socks? Were you always a socks guy?
Speaker 6: No, I wore tights in college. Well, no, I wore socks. I've always been a socks guy.
Speaker 1: Tights were super convenient. And then you realize it looks like ass. No, no, no, no, you got great caps. It looked good on you. That is the swaggiest version of his white socks are to The white socks are a little hot, but I mean, besides the elbow pad on the sleeve, I don't I can't stand the elbow pad. But the black with this and then the Jordan's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jordan, who gave you those? Because I know the Raiders? Oh they did?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: Go to this one.
Speaker 7: He missed that tackle. He missed that tackle for sure.
Speaker 1: That's a photo needs to be framed.
Speaker 7: That's clean.
Speaker 1: It's a clean ass photo.
Speaker 7: That's clean.
Speaker 1: You are like that boy, last name Compton. That is a crazy orange and he was nasty too.
Speaker 7: Oh he wearing a Diggers. You know, he thought he was sweet.
Speaker 1: You know if he had the dark visor and the loose the looser.
Speaker 7: Go to his Washington joint. Oh you should that was pro bo, that's you. Yeah, those were those the medidas them pro bo.
Speaker 1: No, those are in pro bowl.
Speaker 7: Those are that was in the No, it was in approble.
Speaker 1: The only thing good about those creases is the all I think all white looks good.
Speaker 7: You get the package.
Speaker 1: For you his packing, that is nice, man. You go to school down schoo away from that now, all right? Oh the forty nine ers, I was a beach stove. Look at the gold shoe strings.
Speaker 6: All black.
Speaker 7: Your boy was, oh, any was gunned up. That's when I was. Really I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was oil. You you think that's swaggy. Yeah, yeah, the uniform swaggy. But you don't have nothing on. I know.
Speaker 7: I didn't wear a lot of stuff. I don't believe bring that hair back, it's coming. I don't believe in wearing a lot of stuff on my arms and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: When with arms like that, who would you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: The boy was just sweet.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 6: That ain't me because I was always nervous wearing the arm sleeve too, I know, because it was slippery. Yeah, like if I pick one off and I'm taking to the crib, like I'm not trying to.
Speaker 1: Knock it out. That is why, you know.
Speaker 7: Let's see, let's see that.
Speaker 1: Let's see let's see him in Washington.
Speaker 7: See what he looked like.
Speaker 1: He washed it?
Speaker 7: Tights? You got tight tonight right there.
Speaker 6: I would I would do tights every now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the different the two tone sock is nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the Washington though. I think that's all Washington.
Speaker 1: But like you look at the Raiders washing the way they do their socks.
Speaker 7: Forty nine generic for sure. Oh yeah, with the yellow cleaves, tights. Yea, the tights. I thought you wore tights.
Speaker 1: That's why I was. Yeah, the cleats go hard.
Speaker 7: Did y'all ever wear pink cleats?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no you did it?
Speaker 7: You ain't got no pink cleats?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I never wore Yeah, yeah, I'm never worn.
Speaker 6: I was never a fan of like wearing new cleats. Like I wore the same cleats all year long.
Speaker 1: Really I did that for a minute, and then I started wearing different cleats every week. I like to have.
Speaker 7: Cushion was perfect, getting them joints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the but I used to be I would have one pair of cleats all the way through camp. It's like week seven, and then I would switch and get a new pair of cleats, and then like year three, I was like, let me just do new pair of cleats every single week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel like Lineman's always wear the same cleats. Being wore the same cleats every year, I feel like he wore them, like pull up.
Speaker 1: The red cleats. I love how Taylor Wan Pinkins, Jeffrey Stone. Yeah, that ship was hilarious around what the hell in the back in the locker room?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I had you wore red ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all read. Those were awesome.
Speaker 7: Well that must have been like twenty twenty or something, was it.
Speaker 1: What year was that, twenty nineteen twenty one?
Speaker 7: I don't remember the red ones.
Speaker 6: You want me to talk about the most wonderful time of the year, do it?
Speaker 1: Oh? There they go right there on you're far right, yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen to this deal, Delaney. It is the most wonderful time of the year for getting in on hoops, football, and hockey action at the DraftKings Sportsbook. In the season of Giving, we're being gifted college football and basketball, Pro football and basketball and pro hockey as well. Almost twenty four to seven. So many games every day, so many opportunities to place your first bet. Try betting on something simple like picking a team to win. Just go to the DraftKings sports Book Gap and place your bet. And here's a gift for all new customers. Bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook Gap and use code bus that's called bus for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks, Happy Holidays from DraftKings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Should we jump in now? Jon Jeffrey al Seon Jeffrey absolutely stud played at South Carolina, grew up in South Carolina, Yes in Calhoun, South Carolina. Played with the Bears, play with the Eagles, Super Bowl champion. He was a phenomenal guest. We had a great time. Enjoyed this episode and remember subscribe.
Speaker 1: To the Boys.
Speaker 6: Leave comments and Happy New Year, Happy New Year Year. Al Seon Jeffrey, Oh.
Speaker 1: Rolling, it's a runner fross for Alsjeon Jeffrey on the bus dude making the trek out from San Diego to Nashville, Tennessee. We were talking a little bit before about South Carolina not being in the playoff. Personally, you're a fan of that. But then we talked about Sellers. Is he coming back? He says, Oh, it's not about the money. If you're in high school now, it's gotta be that money's gonna talk a little bit. Huh. You're in high school, think about what you had in high school.
Speaker 7: I felt that for me personally in high school, I feel like the way my parents raised me, it wasn't always about the money. It's just about where I can where I can go treaty to be like family, and uh, where I'm becoming the best player, but also get the best education.
Speaker 1: So that's just how I.
Speaker 6: That isn't it's crazy with with the NIL these days.
Speaker 7: It's crazy. Yeah, that's they making more more money than the NFL guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bro, who was the team that had drop out was a Marshall. Yeah, they had drop out of their bowl game because too many guys.
Speaker 1: All the guys report they fired their coach though, Yeah, yeah, well he left. They fired them. They fired him.
Speaker 7: They made us. They made a statement to the I mean a stance on the athletic director so and.
Speaker 1: Then got them players. Yeah, I mean at least you know if if you're that coach or like you gotta feel great to get fired and all the players like we're not playing, then we're out. Yeah. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: The n I L world now. We talked about it a couple of weeks ago with the coach Cruden. But I have no clue. I have no clue like these runners, like you did you start to deal with agents like your your last year going in the league. You'll get you'll have the agency you sign with, but there's also runners out there to try and get like your DMS or try to message you, try to represent you. And these kids are having to deal with so many things these days, and then money too, So they're going into exit meetings now and being like, hey, here's the price to keep me to stay versus like you know, probably when you're going into your end of the year meetings, you're figuring out, hey, how can I develop in the offseason, How can I get better at this? How can I get better at that? Coaches are saying that kids don't even it's not it's not even like that anymore. They go and it's like, hey, this is the amount of money, or I hit.
Speaker 1: The point I'm out of here.
Speaker 7: I feel like I always it depends on your situation and right like going to another school or another team, because I look at it, some kids you can stay and wait till turn and be the man instead of going somewhere else where you got other players and you're going to just keep transferring, or you might miss the opportunity where you could have just stayed and just been the man and get whatever you want to.
Speaker 1: Just be about being.
Speaker 6: Patient right in fight, there's some adversity that you probably haven't in your situation that's making you a kind.
Speaker 7: Of want to look around in the first place, because I feel that all the kids and the ones not looking no matter if you're a five star or a two star, zero star, Like I feel like, you still gotta go play, no matter what that money's going, you got to go play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I just feel like it's these kids that are five star athletes, like they have been the best athlete on their team since they were a kid, so they never really had to work through like a major amount of adversity. And so when you get to college, it's always that culture shock of like, oh shit, like these seniors, these twenty one these guys can legally drink and serve our country and they are true men really in your eyes, and you just think, oh, I'll just go somewhe where I can make money. Because now you're getting met with adversity. You're getting these coaches talking to you way different than high school coaches did before. Now they were recruiting you. Hey, al Sean, you're the man. Now you get there and they're like, hey, you're actually not that great. Your releases are terrible, and we need you to do better on X, Y and Z. Like you, it's easy to get in your feelings about that stuff. Well, someone's over there going, hey, we'll give you five hundred thousand dollars. You're a stut Yeah, come over here. Four time basketball state champ.
Speaker 6: Come on, you were a four time basketball state champ?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, yeah sir?
Speaker 1: You were you were starting or.
Speaker 6: You were, Oh, you were the man.
Speaker 7: I contributed a lot to my team.
Speaker 1: I felt we had.
Speaker 7: It was a great team. Refor we had a great team and a great program. Shout out to coach Zam Frederick. We had a great program.
Speaker 1: Four time state champion, now you say you contribute, you started, Yeah, I started, y'all.
Speaker 6: Stay you were you were somebody in the locker room talking about how you were the best hooper in the locker room.
Speaker 7: Nah, I didn't start, just like other guys talk about until we get out of it on the court and then we see who was the best basketball player on the team.
Speaker 6: Did anybody on the team, like, did you guys ever get a crew together to go play against like the men's basketball team in college.
Speaker 7: We played against them a few times and and uh we called it a strong We played against him a few times. We had some great competition. We had fun with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you had your own Oh definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We also played against the older guys on the on the football team too. Thought as freshman that couldn't play basketball either. So my freshman year we went to the in the Mewyle Championship.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh you're like that. So did you get recruited for basketball as well? I did? And what made you choose football for basketball?
Speaker 7: It was my high school coach, coach wal Wilson. He used to talk to me all the time, He's trying to recruit me to play football, Like he was like, you should give football a chance. I'm like nah, because I had an older brothers, two older brothers that played football and it was pretty good at so they wanted me to play football. I was just like nah, Like I'm basketball player, I don't really play football. I don't know who I mean play football. But then I gave it a chance. And then he used to always used to be on me. He's like every this was his recruiting pitch. He was like, uh, everybody in the NBA average hype probably like six six six seven. Everybody at your position it's probably like five eleven six foot. He's like, you do something unique and you like six', four so you should give it a. Chance and THEN i thought about.
Speaker 1: It i'm, like, shit maybe he is, Right like it worked.
Speaker 6: Out when did you start play?
Speaker 7: FOOT i really started taking more series my eleventh grade year.
Speaker 1: Grade you're talking about junior year of high. School, yeah you understand that's, ridiculous, Right and a lot of kids are scratching the call And Pop warner trying to put everything, together and you're just hanging. Out i'm playing other. Sports you playing.
Speaker 7: BASKETBALL i played football in middle, school BUT i was the, quarterback AND i really didn't, REALLY i just did it for something to. DO i really wasn't taking it. Serious so my freshman, YAR i didn't. Play my sophomore, YEAR i played like one or two guys THAT i, quit And i'm like, This i'm not used to lose. THIS i never lost the, basketball So i'm, Like i'm not used to lose.
Speaker 1: It so let me. Go this ain't gonna.
Speaker 6: Work, so you, know the high school football coach was jacked when he finally got him on the.
Speaker 1: Team yeah before those two, games and he's, like what the fuckre is she?
Speaker 6: Going so the people That Devondre campbell's.
Speaker 1: For, real, yeah just tapped his, helmet say, hey, coaches, listen you guys lose your, experience.
Speaker 12: The.
Speaker 1: Experience so what was so you played two games and your sophomore, year your junior, year what made you? Play for?
Speaker 7: REAL i feel like that, summertime it was just me just getting better and just going TO au camps and just going to football, camps just getting better consistently and just getting a few office That i'm, like, oh the schools are from.
Speaker 1: ME i don't even know nothing.
Speaker 7: About, This like how did they find? Me or AND i guess they was going off for. Potential but my junior year REALLY i took the scribe and just really took it. Seriously in this rest is.
Speaker 6: History you were committed to.
Speaker 1: The OTHER usc hold, on hold hold, on hold. On you played two games your sophomore year of high school and then you went to a couple of camps and you started getting offers before your junior. Year, yeah, BRO i mean look at, me just. Specimen it's a specimen about. It but you Got Mitch crozer back. There he how how many years you play football growing? Up? Mitch every?
Speaker 6: Day let's get it played every, day every single? Day three and some people just made.
Speaker 1: Differently that's, crazy not justpect to.
Speaker 6: Mention so hard did you work in? Football?
Speaker 1: Match? Yeah every day and you're, like, Yeah i'm gonna do.
Speaker 7: IT i JUST i feel like just being around my co which is some of my other teammates that played, Football i'm just, like, yeah let's do. It like, yeah like, basketball SO i took a break from basket on like, Nah i'm done with. That let's just focus on. Football let's go do.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 6: Worked, Out but going, back you were committed To Southern. Cal how did that go? Down why did you commit to, them and then all of a, sudden you're back to the to the REAL usc.
Speaker 1: That was Still Pete. Carroll, Yeah Pete.
Speaker 7: Carroll SEE i was, Say Carson, Palmer, Troy Troy. Potter they era was like and Then Reggie bush. Obviously, yeah that era that was my favorite team Was Jarrett, Out Mike, Williams, floyda Like Steve, Smith Lindell. WHITE i, MEAN i can go on AND i can tell you most of the players that was.
Speaker 6: On Brian Cushing. Savages but you you ended up decommitting from there and then coming back and then staying.
Speaker 7: HOME i think that was the best DECISION i ever happened to. Me, like, uh it came down to like will my family be able to see? Me and it was like only Doing christmas. Time i'm like winning, Break i'm like, Nah and Then i'm, Like i'm From South. Carolina get to see all my family and friends get to see me play Every. Saturday i'm like twenty five thirty minutes from down the.
Speaker 1: Road so let's get out a chance.
Speaker 7: SAYING i will SAY i will always say back to your nil about players transferring and getting. Money coaches leave. Too So Coach carol told me he was.
Speaker 1: Like Al, SEAN i love it.
Speaker 7: Here i'm never leaving. Here it worked out because he went To. Seattle, yeah AND i de committed and went To South, carolina so his career still went. On he was A Super bowl, champ so, yeah so it all worked. Out who was recruiting you from the Game? Cocks who kept you?
Speaker 1: Home?
Speaker 7: Coach, mean if it wasn't for shame me AND i don't THINK i would have went To South carolina, Honestly.
Speaker 1: Like he recruited me every day LIKE i used to. Be.
Speaker 7: Like, Uh he's, LIKE i know You Southern carol that's your favorite school and that's your dream school and they won able just look at us as one, beat don't look at the second or just slip flop and just really think about. It he's, like you can come To South carolina and really be Like king or the man here and be known. Forever you can go To southern cal and be just another the next person, up another great. There you could be great In South. Carolina it's like no place like.
Speaker 1: Home.
Speaker 7: Dan i'm, like he always been honest with. Me he didn't promise me, nothing you offered me no money or. Anything the way.
Speaker 1: The way you just, said they didn't offer me any. Money don't ask you just now if they offered.
Speaker 7: It the only thing he, promises like if you want said like if you want my wife to wash your. Laundry that was. It that's the only thing he ever.
Speaker 1: Paid BUT i watch your. LAUNDRY i love coach.
Speaker 7: Because he was honest with. ME i feel like he never changed even WHEN i was committed The southern cal he just always stayed true to who he. Was and like.
Speaker 1: We hear how that phone call go when you Called Pete carroll and you're, Like, Hey i'm just letting you Know i'm going To South. Carolina did you call? Commit?
Speaker 7: NO i called.
Speaker 1: Him it was like the night before a sign and day so. BRUTAL i called. Him you know they're so fired. Up hey we got this In South. Carolina, yeah he's been playing football for three. Days kid's gonna be. Unbelievable, yeah you called, him what do you?
Speaker 7: Say he took it pretty. WELL i feel like it wasn't no rebuttal, LIKE i just understand and it's all.
Speaker 1: Good wish you the. Best so it worked out.
Speaker 6: Perfectly beat up Beat us in The Capitol One bowl twenty. Twelve Al sean he gets ejected from the. Game he's AND i hated too BECAUSE i love my boylfans With dennard who was a good. Corner but Al sean, Was, yeah you won THE mvp of that, game, RIGHT i? Did after getting, INJECTED i. Did so you came out with your shoulder pads.
Speaker 1: OFF i did the? TROPHY i? Did how did?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 6: Yeah how how did the injection?
Speaker 7: Go?
Speaker 6: Again did you swing?
Speaker 7: On? ALFONSO i just feel like we were just two. Competitors we was just going at, it AND i don't think it was really about, nothing just something that just.
Speaker 1: Happening, listen you're playing a football game and someone that, listen you.
Speaker 6: Know did of funds will get ejected? Too we both did because you, guys you guys would was it was a Hell mary before half?
Speaker 1: Time? Right it?
Speaker 6: Was and you caught.
Speaker 1: IT i.
Speaker 6: DID i saw him like trying to like BECAUSE i remember coach bow he. Played, YEAH i know who's the quarterback y'all?
Speaker 1: Had what was?
Speaker 6: It Connor?
Speaker 7: Connor, Yeah Connor.
Speaker 1: Shaw he was a.
Speaker 6: Stud he was a. Grinder BUT i Remember bo coming in at halftime and just breaking the fucking white boy because we gave up a Hail, mary, right before, halftime and this motherfucker ends up getting, ejected but he wins THE mvp of the game just playing one.
Speaker 1: Half how many yards you have that?
Speaker 7: GAME i had a hundred and something at the. HALF i don't remember it was one hundred and? Something did have one?
Speaker 6: TEST jp probably. Knows he reminds me of that game all the.
Speaker 1: Time did did you when you saw That? Nebraska and did his strike fear to The South carolina? Game game cock? Hearts what you mean when you had to Play? Nebraska? Oh you, like oh, Shit, nebraska the Corn.
Speaker 7: HUSKERS i, MEAN i feel LIKE i Watched nebraska as a lot as a kid growing, up like the ninety five era Of Tommy frasier all those. GUYS i.
Speaker 1: Felt i'm looking at THE.
Speaker 7: I think y'all had a bus that had all the championships that this really Is, Nebraska like, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 1: My, god the historical, program but they gotta get the ass kick. Today he's something About South Carolina cats and bowl games In. Florida bowl games just want to get get in. FIGHTS Dj, Sweringer we played the outback. Bawl that's The Jjvian clowney. Hit know that was not me before you ASK. Dj sweringer came out while our punt returns were catching. Balls Drew dilliy the poor young little white boy just trying to catch. Football he catches the, ball punts it into the. Stadium we're In, tampa and he, goes this is my. Stadium get the fuck out of. Here why y'all do? That man fighting?
Speaker 7: GUYS i, think, uh that sound LIKE, Dj BUT i love DJing that because we got To you gotta have those type of players and guys on your.
Speaker 1: TEAM.
Speaker 7: Dj he didn't only do that to, You he did the. Teammates he did that everything. Everybody he was always like. That he was always wired and just that was just this person out and he was ready to. Play, yeah did you guys ever scrap a? PRACTICE i, MEAN, dj not. Really we just talked trast to each other and they probably hit me a few. TIMES i probably lost.
Speaker 6: Them but, yeah it gets a little gets a little hot out. There catch on over the, middle he touches.
Speaker 1: You, YEAH i, definitely, yeah he definitely would touch. You NOT forfid being AROUND. Jp he's obviously the Biggest South carolina. Fan you just hear about all the players like you guys have so much talent come Through South. Carolina what What why couldn't you guys get it over, them like GET sec? Championships what was like the missing thing for y'all because you guys had all the talent in the.
Speaker 7: WORLD i just, UNFORTUNATELY i just think that it just wasn't it meant for us to win. It but IF i look back at, it, yeah we definitely should have Understud we definitely did just one of those things that's just wasn't meant to.
Speaker 1: Happen like.
Speaker 7: If we go, back, Yeah i'm sure that BECAUSE i feel like That army year against the cam, team like we definitely was in. There that year was our year to win the national. Championship IF i my years of, COLLEGE i will say that probably was the best year of my sophomore.
Speaker 1: Year that team was definitely we was clicking on our settlings and you were. There you were IN seth for three, years, right and you just had to go to the draft get drafted by The. Bears what what made you not want to come back for your senior year getting? DRAFTED i get, money which.
Speaker 7: Brings us back to, nil, nah BECAUSE i went back and forth between WHEN i made the decisions to lead a FEW i feel like a few days, Later.
Speaker 1: I'm, like, SHIT i don't want to go back to. College.
Speaker 7: Yeah so he was up in the air LIKE i just always went back and, forth mixed, emotion but it all worked. Out LIKE i just once, ONCE i was just, like, Yo i'm doing it. NOW i just make the best of.
Speaker 6: IT, jp you grabbed the.
Speaker 7: Mic you gotta just kind of off.
Speaker 9: THAT i feel like we got to touch on the Lane Kiffin potentially Lane kiffin comments Lane kiffn told him he would be pumping gas if he went To South carolina Lane kiffin was coaching At, tennessee could have been a reason why he left for THE. Nfl early prove to Lane, Kiffin i'm not pumping.
Speaker 7: Gas i'm catching.
Speaker 1: Checks.
Speaker 7: Yeah so what happened with that was? It did that really? Happen did Lane kiffn actually say? IT i never told talked about it. Story, HONESTLY i would say, That, UH i, know coach kiff can get a lot of slack for a lot of. Things it was a lot of voices on the phone. CALL i can say that because he was coaching At tennessee at the time and it was recruiting me. Heavily all the way up UNTIL i signed the sign of day, letter they still was calling. Me but, Uh i'm not sure if he said. It my honest, opinion he took the slack and he's the head. COACH i would, SAY i think his brother in law said.
Speaker 1: It that's.
Speaker 7: Fair that's.
Speaker 6: Fair so that was said to, you you go To South, carolina you'll be pumping gas.
Speaker 7: Because lane kiffn never been To South carolina. Before so that's WHY i, SAID i believe his brother in, law but he's on the phone with the, call so it's like you said.
Speaker 9: It SO.
Speaker 7: I didn't report that to say it was somebody else who was with me that told someone that. STORY i just Never i'm, like, Oh i'm going to Talk. Carolina i'm not going To. TENNESSEE i felt LIKE i was a slapping the, face Like i'm not, going like there's no need for us to. TALK i have a conversation with my. MIND i just thought about all the people that went To South carolina that is From South. Carolina they don't have to be nothing about. Football right took.
Speaker 1: That i'm like that was a.
Speaker 7: Pride i'm, like, yo that's a slap in the.
Speaker 1: Face like what Specially state you're From, yeah AND i took that. Personal. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah Was tennessee or recruiting the hardest all the way up until you sign on the dotted.
Speaker 1: Line, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: BECAUSE i Think phil what they was like in the last. Hour but there recruiting because all because they he came in late in the game with going To tennessee because they just hired. Him SO i think signing they was In february when he got hired In, january so he was behind the eight, balls so he had to get things.
Speaker 1: Rolling got.
Speaker 7: You BUT i think Coach kivin is a great. Coach LIKE i, SAID i don't think he said, it but he was on the phone call so he let that.
Speaker 1: Other guy was his CALLER id that popped. Up it was his phone that the. Words he didn't say nothing when it was. Said he didn't correct anybody that was out of. Line, yeah you are the best dressed gats Man i've ever seen my. Life so it's a huge. Win who were your top? Five was it always gonna BE usc OR? Usc? Yeah there was no. Others michigan never had a, chance. Y'all y'all did recruit? Me Rich royd was. There, yeah But i'm, like we're the, Same you're two thousand and, nine. Right we could have played, Together we could have had something, specially we could have gone six and six. Together wouldn't that been?
Speaker 7: Special he had a great thing At West, virginia Just. MICHIGAN i wasn't going to.
Speaker 1: Dude he really. Did and he never got a good night to sleep Because michigan was all about power. Football he brought the spread.
Speaker 7: They Was West virginia. Was if he was, there they would have been in my uh my.
Speaker 1: Top, Well West virginia just because they put points on the boarder for the.
Speaker 7: Ball AND i was just watching the system that he was building and, Thinks i'm, like he don't got all the five, stars but he just knew how to play, football just Like Boise state Coach. PEACH i was watching. Them he didn't have no fire, stars but he just know how to. Coach they well coached and they played. Football, yeah so he.
Speaker 1: Did we put points on the. Board we had no defense, ever but we did put points on the. Board when you got to The, bears what was the hardest thing about transitioning to THE nfl for?
Speaker 7: You probably would say probably, Routine, yeah BECAUSE i had so much free time.
Speaker 1: And you used to seeing a couple of injuries your rookie, year, right it. Was it was just.
Speaker 7: Routine AND i was blessed to be drafted to an older team, though SO i could watch aar. LACKER i could Watch Julius, Pepper's Lance, FRIGGS B, Marshall Jay, cutler, Uh Devin. HESTER i got to watch all those guys and how they went about, things and so they taught me a lot just for me watching and also just dropping a little gems here and. There SO i felt LIKE i was blessing. Coach Coach Lovey smith was a cool one of the coolest coach.
Speaker 1: Ever it was.
Speaker 6: Cool we fired up getting drafted To.
Speaker 7: Chicago, NO i did not want to go, there like, hell, NO i don't want to go to the. Cold but WHEN i got, There i'm, like, OH i love.
Speaker 1: It like it was a great, city great, food the people was. GREAT i loved. It so what was those older guys you talked about watching? Them what was the best piece of advice to give you your rookie.
Speaker 7: Year just watch and. Learn Just we're going to show you by. Example just so just watch and. Learn don't act like you know at, all to be, patient just soak it all up like they was very, humble AND i feel like the way the reason WHY i caught a lot of, football EVENOUGH i could catch like peanut. TIM i used to watch him battle WITH B marshall every, day but also on the sideline because the peanut punch he used to.
Speaker 1: Like he used to do it every day and practice against.
Speaker 7: Us but that's HOW i learned to like keep the ball away from certain people because he used to be doing that in practice or we used to been on the. SIDELINE i used to ask him a lot of questions and he used to Give he used to tell.
Speaker 6: Us so what was it like being in a room With Brandon, marshall especially seeing what he's doing now with media and everything?
Speaker 1: Else what was H?
Speaker 6: Yeah what was it like sharing a room with?
Speaker 7: HIM i feel like MAN B, marshall we worked well. Together like he was more of THE i would say the. ALPHA i felt like he was more loud THAN i.
Speaker 1: WAS i was just more calm and. Cool so we fed off each other pretty.
Speaker 7: Well, like, UH i EXPECT b to be beat AND i JUST i wouldn't want him to change it for nothing because that's just in his nature being, competitor AND i just love.
Speaker 6: It were you there?
Speaker 1: When what was?
Speaker 6: It there was a scrap of, practice was It? Marshall, yeah, YEAH i was the.
Speaker 1: Talk about. That got to hear some inside stories Because Mark telluspanner he took that showed the two autful, guys two awful.
Speaker 7: GUYS i mean it, Was, uh that was that was a quite excite to. SEE i feel like it was a lot of people we always, witnessing but also we didn't want nothing to. HAPPEN i don't think nothing was gonna happen just, Them and they had a personal relationship before they came, in SO i feel like some of that stuff they was working out in their own ways about.
Speaker 1: It SO i don't. Know, oh so you think there was something behind from the, Past.
Speaker 7: Yeah because they had a previous. Relationship SO i just felt, That, uh it's something that they could talk, about you know how like you got a family or someone that or a friend that you y'all Be sometimes y'all could have, bumped but y'all can still ask you that, ISSUE i, mean ash it out and be friendly, afterwards like they're cool.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah talk about your transition To. Philly were you excited to Leave chicago and go to The.
Speaker 7: EAGLES i didn't want to Leave chicago BECAUSE i was just so accustomed to the, tee just the city and every. Day but going To philly was a huge. Jump Like i'm, like, oh like WHEN i got, there from day, one you can Ask Brett selly and we've got the practice and was DOING i, said, oh we don't win The Super. BOWL i knew that instantly we gonna win The Super bowls just the way our practice was going to transitioning things was just. Gone LIKE i could just feel the energy LIKE i was on The. Bears not saying that we wasn't a great, team but it was just a different. Environment we had all the pieces and a lot more things that we can make make this a special.
Speaker 1: Year what makes what when you're in a training camp and you see players, playing coaches, coaching that makes you say we're gonna win A Super. Bowl i'm sure there's a lot of fans listening to be like what were like some of a couple of things that make you think to, yourself, oh we can go all the.
Speaker 7: WAY i just feel like the whole, environment like the culture that they had, created and then still like you Had Duke. Staley as you've Seen duce on hard, knocks That's duced In. Philly that's he don't, change that's always. Him Coach frank, right he did a great job of with the, quarterbacks but also like with the game plan Coach stout and obviously coach p he capped it off LIKE i feel like he took good care of all this as, Players like he really worked with us and he really was a players.
Speaker 6: Coach when you were in free agency and you signed it was a one year deal right with The, Eagles what were you kind of? Weighing what options were you waging during free agency to ultimately make you? Sign because you play your contract out with The, BEARS i don't know you can did they offer you to stay With chicago or because you end up ultimately when you're a free agent you take a one year. DEAL i think it was like for fourteen, million you're kind of going on a prove it deal to get something. Bigger like what kind of options were you weanghing when you were in the middle of free agency fourteen million proven?
Speaker 1: Deals?
Speaker 6: Yeah like because, YEAH i, mean but, ultimately you, know it's like once you hit free, agency you're trying to find like a three or four year deal where you can kind of stick somewhere versus having to sign a.
Speaker 1: One year have some more guarantee In, Balltaire, yeah it.
Speaker 7: Was and ALSO i had pre relationship with some of the coaching Style Mike Mike, roves my receiver coach from The, bears so he was up on The eagles. Too he was a huge impact in that. Decision Duke, staley and it was a a guy in the scout, like, Uh, dwayne we call HIM. Dj And Joe douglas was there, too so we all had previous. Relationships BUT i would say it came down TO i wanted to stay In, chicago but they was kind of, like give me the run. Around and then The patriots called and it was like we got x Y z means dollars for one. Year i'm like, shit some way close to twenty million for one. Year i'm like, shit allright, like and then they signed my Boy stephanie give them WHILE i Love, steffan they signed him to a. Fight then they was like we got x y z dollars basically like two. Dollars i'm gonna, Say i'm not gonna say a number but a lot lesser than, close something closer than twenty. Minis i'm, like, Nah i'm not going. There so The eagles came through like we could do.
Speaker 1: This we got x Y, z we.
Speaker 7: Can you can earn up to this and just give us a chance and let's. See and they promised me THAT i. Could they'll give me a contract that you're at everything goes, Well so it all worked.
Speaker 1: Out you said you can earn up to. This so there's obviously a bunch of different things in your, contract like. Escalators one of the escalators in your, CONTRACT.
Speaker 7: I feel like making The Pro, bowl Super bowl playoffs.
Speaker 1: There like certain catches or yards or anything like that in there. Too, yeah touchdowns and. Yards were you ever a workout bonus? GUY i had that in. There but but Once i'm, like, Nah i'm. NOT i don't want. That you don't want to.
Speaker 7: WORK i don't want to be BECAUSE i feel, like, also we only got so much time that you can still with your family and friends and loved, Ones So i'd rather spend that time with, them then to my. Teammates you're, working you'll get your.
Speaker 1: Working that was always such a hard thing for. Me the first couple of. Years you see like older guys not do, OTAs and you're, thinking like how do they do? That and then eventually get, older you're, like, OH i see exactly why they do. That you need as much time as you possibly. Can you talked about The eagles and the relationships you had that were at The, bears they were at The. Eagles you see me a guy that like really cherishes his relationships for you growing, Up like what were those special relationships that help you get to where you're at.
Speaker 7: NOW i was just like my, parents like just and my older brothers just watching. Them my older brother was a football player, too like he probably was one of the best players in The South Eastern, conference like when he was coming. Up so Where i'm from a lot of people always say THAT i was siying a basketball. Player his older brother he's a football. Player he really know what he's, Doing like he really is that. Guy But i've just, say like just people in my time in my, neighborhood just looking up to, them but also just them giving me then, encouragement but me also understanding WHO i was That i'm.
Speaker 1: Representing i'm carrying my town And.
Speaker 7: I'm also Carrying South carolinta so no matter WHERE i do or WHERE i, GOT i just always believed in myself And i'm gonna make the best of the.
Speaker 1: Opportunity you won that first year when you got to The.
Speaker 6: Eagles, yeah, Yeah what was it like going through that transition From Carson? Wentz you gotta start off, hot obviously he's having AN mvp year and he goes. Down i'm sure first on in your mind's, like oh, fuck Can nick carry the? Torch you guys ultimately end up, Winning but talk through that Transitioning WinCE went down and Then Nick foles comes.
Speaker 7: IN i think it was tough for our, Team like it definitely was a blow like that game and The, rams, like AND i wasn't too sure like what was wrong with. HIM i just know that he just couldn't move the station, there like on the throw he made that he couldn't, Move And i'm, like and then we go to the locker. Room before we go to locker, room there was Like nick maybe, Up But i've Seen nick every day inn, practice so we already seen. It i'm just, like it's probably by his. Opportunity and then once we got in The rams game and we made a few plays and a few throws And nick was just getting us. Confidence and then we Played New york the next game and he made an audible check that like oh, Shit Like i'm, like oh, yeah he really it's they're in.
Speaker 1: Trouble, yeah it's in. Trouble is, Like i'm just, like, yeah it's. On it like it's.
Speaker 7: On like all the doubt or anybody mind's over with like they're in trouble with the. WORLD i mean they may. Not they might think that we don't have something, special that we're not gonna win the championship no. More but we know, that like With, nick we're gonna keep it. Rolling and we got your.
Speaker 1: Back really strue About, Nick, HUH i don't know nothing about that about.
Speaker 7: IT i only came To philly boy, year BUT i used to hear the jokes about it the fan base and stuff like. That Of kelsey definitely having the jokes.
Speaker 1: Had to be widely talked about throughout the walk around.
Speaker 7: Man niggas talking all about.
Speaker 1: Basketball he, SAID i don't know nothing. That oh you, know you know exactly as you. Say the rumors are. True the only guy in the world With Saint nick And Big Dick nick opposite nick.
Speaker 6: Names your best part winning the Super, Bowl like you've won, it you got the confetti fall on top of, you like all of. It, like, well what's one of the best moments on That Super bowl run or winning the Super? Bowl was it beating The? Patriots was it the? Parade was it the after? Parties like what tell us about? It because we've never touched.
Speaker 1: It we sniffed.
Speaker 6: It, yeah but you know What i'm, saying two quarters away from its two?
Speaker 1: QUARTERS i think it.
Speaker 7: Was it was all of, It LIKE i embraced it at the, moment was, Great like winning it in that, MOMENT i feel like some of us like what the fuck we just? Do like it was like we just Beat Tom brady and The, patriots Like Bill, belichick like oh. Shit and then when we got to that, PARADE i feel like that parade probably was one of the most craziest. Moments just seeing all those fans and those people like that was like that probably was the highlight for, Me like the. Parade Obviously kelsey had the speech for like just going down going down Broad, street.
Speaker 1: That was probably the. Highlight like that was. Special did you ever end up going To Disney?
Speaker 7: World, Now nick went To Disney.
Speaker 1: WORLD i was looking for the. Camera that's what it.
Speaker 7: Was after the, GAME i was going trying to, go But nick the camera went to the.
Speaker 1: Quarterback. Yeah, man what's it like the preparation leading up to those two weeks before The Super? Bowl? Like how does the stress? Feel because you can know everyone can always say, like, oh it's just another. Game we got to focus on sixty minutes of. Football but like, truly most people since little kids have been playing football and they have just dreamed about hosting on The Bardi, trophy and you like you're preparing for. That what is that feeling?
Speaker 7: Like that week we all said, That, uh it was let's be locked in for the next two. Week let's no partying or drinking or whatever you. Do let's cut that, out like this is it like? This we work our whole life and we may not ever get back here. Again so let's just focus in locker and let's hold each other. Accountable we've already been doing that throughout the whole, season but let's even focus in locking even more and, let's, uh let's see what we can.
Speaker 6: Do how close were you guys repeating that next? YEAR i hate to even bring it. Up would you say that's like your toughest moment of your. Career oh, no, no, no, no not at. ALL i just felt LIKE.
Speaker 7: I feel like it was some things that we could have changed throughout the season before that we wouldn't have been in that position as far as our road to going to the playoffs and stuff like that. Too so but, Uh i'll take ownership on, that like it's all on, Me Like i'm a, professional like this is WHAT i signed up, For SO i don't think of a tough just learned experience like it's got to keep.
Speaker 6: Going, yeah, GOD i, know just as the. Competitor you're just you're so pissed. Off it was they were what was it the divisional round against The.
Speaker 1: Saints, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Orleans you guys are up, Right we definitely at the time they were while we had dudes go down and kick a field.
Speaker 1: Gonna win the.
Speaker 6: Game, yeah and it ends up bouncing off his hands and they like picked six it, too like ice to seal the.
Speaker 7: Game oh we JUST i was interception. Turnover, yeah.
Speaker 1: You're just telling he's just, like, FUCK i, KNOW.
Speaker 6: I hate to bring it up, obviously like their team coming off The Super bowl like he had the year he had.
Speaker 1: And you just know it's just a.
Speaker 6: Competitor you just because we, like we're want to go back to that.
Speaker 1: Moment probably every day it was clicking at the right. Time it's just we just beat The, bears WHICH i believe.
Speaker 7: They had the best team that. Year they had the best. Team they just ran into, us but they had the best team that. Year The bears at thirteen thirteen with the defense that, year the double doing that was the.
Speaker 1: Same year before the double doing kind of blinds to the rest of the season because they had a special.
Speaker 7: Year, YEAH i will say that they was playing pretty.
Speaker 1: Good what's it like for you as a player playing for the playing for one, team going to another, team and then playing the team you were originally. At there's Because i'll give you an. Example We Ben jones center FOR us for The. Titans he was At houston, before and SO i played With ben for seven years after he was there for four. Years every time we Played, houston it was just a different week for. Him he just wanted to go. Crazy what was it like for?
Speaker 7: You it was the same for, Me LIKE i felt like it was some of the scout. Guys they wanted to talk to me before the. GAME i won't talk to. Nobody now you're on the other, side LIKE i feel LIKE i took a little too personal now That i'm more mature about the, situation but NOW i don't want to talk to. Nobody you don't know the, team you don't play for The.
Speaker 1: Eagles, yeah but if you were playing The, jacks a couple guys whome up to you say, what'sup you're probab going to say what's up to?
Speaker 7: Them and were playing the jag was and were trying to go to the. Championship, no not talking to?
Speaker 1: Anybody, no all, right.
Speaker 6: What would you say is the lowest moment of your?
Speaker 1: Career mm hmm.
Speaker 7: UH i probably would say the situation on THE, pd things LIKE i still don't know how that, Happened like that was probably pretty, tough like just knowing, that, uh letting my teammates, down with my family and my friends.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that.
Speaker 7: DOWN i feel like that's probably what's the lowest where you was at the last my last year on the best twenty, sixteen twenty, sixteen what you what they say you?
Speaker 1: Had, HONESTLY i don't really.
Speaker 7: Know they just said that it was something that don't give you a competitive vantage where it treats women's breast cancer something for women's breast.
Speaker 1: Can you're, safe got to make surely detection what but.
Speaker 7: Hey LIKE i, said show much goes on like that's, probably but ALSO i knew that it's just whatever the. Situation if this the worship can get it can only get better from.
Speaker 1: Here so let's just keep. On what's it like when you get that? Letter i've gotten that? Letter what's it like when you see? That are you going through like down your? Mind like why didn't take anything out and do?
Speaker 7: ANYTHING i sent her and everything all the. STUFF i took a sap like, yeah like.
Speaker 1: And they checked it. All, yeah what would you do in that? Break was? It was it four weeks?
Speaker 7: SUSPENSIONED i wanted to go work out with my trainer for the four, weeks SO i just, yeah let's. Train how is it for you like different quarterbacks you play, With like developing chemistry with a, quarterback.
Speaker 6: Like do you have a do you have like a style you go about?
Speaker 7: IT i feel like it's obviously it's, chemistry just practicing, repetition but just also understanding that from the receiver, standpoint not so much from a quarterback, standpoint because you got to also understand.
Speaker 1: How to receive how WHAT i see, too just as WELL i understand what you.
Speaker 7: See but we may not be in the same accordance because you may Think i'm open AND i know That i'm trying to save you from an interception or something like, that BECAUSE i feel like sometimes a quarterback may not see what the coverage at the last, minute but me AND i would, say, uh all the QUARTERBACKS i ever played, With Jay coulor is by far the most, talented And jay was uh me and him could he could break it down the. Film but also he will also be like trying to do what you do And i'll make an adjustment off. You AND i feel like that sometime that's more that's not rare because ALSO i need you to do this with the quarterback and then Or Jalen jalen is like that, too like just do what you do And i'll make adjustment off.
Speaker 6: You so like when you see the Aj Brown jalen hurts the drama that happened like a week, Ago, like how are you going about that in the? Facility is there anything even being?
Speaker 7: SAID i feel like it's LIKE i, said they got a past relationship. Previously, so but IF i was on that, TEAM i JUST i let. Them i'm sure they will talk about, it about the issue or, whatever, like, yeah they'll talk about it first. TOO i feel like that's just something that they have to address with each other and we'll go from.
Speaker 1: There no matter.
Speaker 7: What we got each other, back because we're trying to win the Super, bowl like we were on a winning. Streak let's, go so no matter who's whatever's running or, throwing like we all got a. Sacrifice and every game is not every game is not gonna be the. Best and we're a league for wings like we're trying to get W.
Speaker 1: So, yeah did you ever have a sticky situation with a?
Speaker 7: Quarterback?
Speaker 1: Okay, so, yes that's. Quiet, yes it's a safe space to talk about. IT i would say.
Speaker 7: If it's some difficult, MOMENTS i would say with, quarterback but it all worked.
Speaker 6: Out what's the example your post playing career is that no one's coming to get.
Speaker 1: You you can't get fined by THE.
Speaker 7: Nfl, Now OH i know, that BUT i just feel that, Also i'm gonna be. RESPECTFUL i ain't gonna say too much about it. Situation, okay fair, ENOUGH i said another.
Speaker 6: Day how did it get? Handled is it kind of it gets handled like when it's just on the. Field is there some confrontation in the the, facility is it on the sideline or does it just you kind of sit back and you just let it naturally kind of work yourself out or not work.
Speaker 7: OUT i mean it's been frustrating, too just if you say something more or how you go about, it or whatever the situation may. Be SO i just feel like just at the end of, it just let it naturally work yourself. Out, Yeah so it's gonna be it's gonna be like we all. Professional so if you sentences don't got a tough, skin that's them so well it'd be oh, well that's HOW i just look at, it like it'll handle yourself. Out it'll come out on his.
Speaker 1: Own so, yeah you just let things play out the way they. Do, yeah, Dude Jake, cutler you talked about him x's and o's, wise but he his like off the field demeanor was LIKE i don't give a fuck attitude when he went to The Miami, dolphins and there's that when he goes out to do like a wildcat and he just stands there and does. Nothing they're, like, well why do you Do it's, like, well that's the, playset stand there doing. Nothing dude that would lower his shoulder getting guys faces like was he like that off the field? Too because he seemed like a dude's, dude like someone kind of want to hang out, with didn't give a.
Speaker 7: FUCK i feel, like, uh for the most, PART j was pretty, Cool like he used to look out for, Me like IF i asked him about some like going to a sports, game he would give me some. Tickets he was hook us. Up he would look out for look out for. US i feel like he's down on. Earth he's if you ask her for, something he'll Go he'll try to go above and beyond to help you. Out like a lot of people give him a lot of. Shit SOMETIMES i would, say like football, fans but if you got to really get to KNOW, j LIKE i LOVE. J LIKE j did a lot of great things for, me like off the, field not only on the on the football, field but he definitely looked Out but uh from.
Speaker 1: A, court do quarterbacks get their receivers presents For? Christmas or receiver supposed to get their quarterbacks?
Speaker 7: Something it could go both. Ways anything nice AND i just MADE i feel LIKE i just let the, rookie whoever was out, rookie we MAY i made him get everybody a president that was.
Speaker 1: In our receiver. Room, yeah we're. Rookie would you have to Do? Yeah they looked out for.
Speaker 7: Me they ain't B marshall d has Saying Earl, bennet those guys things they. DIDN'T i ain't have to do. NOTHING i had to just take them to the club and just BOUGHT i spent like fifteen. Hundred i'm, like oh. Cool because they was all married and had, life so they didn't really want to do too. Much i'm, like all, right, cool fifteen, HONEY.
Speaker 1: I could do. That did You you didn't have a dinner or nothing like. That, No LIKE i could do. That you did whatever you want Because. Aj so When AJ's rookie year at The, titans we were talking about bills and stuff like. That you always had to fluff up the numbers a little. Bit, hey twenty thousand and thirty thousands could be. Crazy AND aj was, Like i'll fight whoever tries to make me pay thirty thousand dollars for a. Bill he was ready to throw down with.
Speaker 7: Anybody we ain't even we ain't had those type of. Issues they come to that, because LIKE i, said they was, married so they didn't really want to do too. MUCH i like brung them some. Breakfast they were, like, yeah we wererying about our. Diet well you bringing that? Mask uf you?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 7: Cool so my, job my rookie year was. Easy So i'm just, like let me learn from, them JUST soaka as much game as. Possible and then when they was ready to go to the. Club that was like at the end of the year when the, season who was?
Speaker 1: Overweight so who.
Speaker 6: Has the best post game? Parties it's post game, party will play with hosts like the best post game.
Speaker 7: PART i can't get nobody in. TROUBLE i can't.
Speaker 1: But shout out to my ogs In, chicago, MAN i respect they have some of the best part uh cities cities that live In, chicago big, City, philly big. City if you had to pick one to live in the rest of your, life which one would? Be that's got to Be, chicago right you think? So but like from The philly Love, Philly, Uh, gilly you gotta.
Speaker 6: Be you gotta be born and bred In philly to Love.
Speaker 1: Philly you gotta. Be, yeah you gotta be a different human. Being, YEAH i love both. CITIES i LOVE i knew that would be your. Answer, YEAH i can have them. BOTH i can make them. Both talking about the difference of the fan bases because like there are THERE'S nfl fan bases and then There's. Philadelphia like they are just, crazy crazy.
Speaker 7: PEOPLE i feel like they fan based from mom of THE sec fan, Base Southeastern conference football fan, base all the schools in The. SOUTH i feel like The eagles fans Or philadelphia fans there remind me of, that like by and it's not even the. GUYS i feel like it's the it's a woman that's like fifty sixty seventy eighty years old teaching their daughter like three years, old instill in that in.
Speaker 1: Him AND i know they get a lot of slack about the fights that be happening in.
Speaker 7: There i'm pretty sure most time it's probably the women that's behind her to throw something at.
Speaker 1: You if you were the other. Teams, SHIT.
Speaker 6: I told you About, Charo like she'd be wearing The redskins gear at the, game like going to The philly game and they be throwing like full kNs of beer at, her call her like a, cunt like just crazy. Shit, really, yeah, BRO.
Speaker 7: I don't want to bring it, up but the clip of the basketball player for The sixers who played FROM, dc he came with The redskins game that went. Viral at the tailgate they had got in a.
Speaker 1: Fight he got a fight at the, tailgate played for The.
Speaker 7: Sixes but he was a Diehard redskins fan and he went to, tailgate was having. FUN i think it ain't.
Speaker 6: Left you could just a fight broke. Out did you ever get in? Ah did you ever get some confrontation With philly?
Speaker 1: Fans?
Speaker 7: Nah not. REALLY i just feel Like philly, Fans, uh they're pretty brutal, Though, yeah.
Speaker 6: They can be pretty.
Speaker 1: Rude they have a statue of a fictional, Character Fritional Boxer's, yeah he's. Real he's. Real And i've never, Like i've played In philly a couple of, times BUT i wasn't, obviously never part of the. Team so you watch it from a distance and you're, like, yo those fans are. Crazy, PERSONALLY i love, It like yeah about, that but like the whole starting, fights like being. CRAZY i kind of want my fan base to be a little psychotic about their football. Team.
Speaker 7: YEAH i feel like that's WHY i, SAID i love it LIKE i embraced, it because they don't change for they are whether we winning or, losing they gonna still be the same and tell you how it.
Speaker 1: Is SO i appreciate.
Speaker 7: That who's the best defensive player you played? Against the best defensive back THAT i played. AGAINST i would, say, Uh Jason barrett had A he was a pretty good. Cornerback, OKAY i mean he had a few, injuries but like far as cover, guys WHO i think he was Up he wasn't that, tall, oh but he was up there like he could, stop he could make the, transition he could jam.
Speaker 1: You he had all the tools and the.
Speaker 7: Technique like if you go look at his tape early on in his, career, like, uh he was up there like he. Was he was the only way to be one of the.
Speaker 1: Best he got overrun you the majority of. Time.
Speaker 7: Nah He. Uh he's the only player THAT i feel LIKE i gave out a pick. Six so that's Why i'm getting him the. Credit, yeah other than, THAT i told his ass, up BUT i gotta give him. Credit AND i would Say stepan we had some good, battlesuit But stephan was a great corner. Too THOUGH i feel like me And i'm going against every day and practice in college and uh later on we played each other in The Super. Bowl but uh, yeah, NO i ain't never really hate nobody BECAUSE i wasn't much of a.
Speaker 1: TALKER i just let my play do the. Talk so it is what it. Is we were different that. Way what is uh you as a wide, receiver what was your best? Quality you're the best thing that you could.
Speaker 7: Do so the best thing is just me being a team. Player like it's A i know that you can calm me and relow me that me catching the, balls making, plays but also LIKE i need to put some trust on my other, teammates SO i feel like it's all of. US i don't need Team football is ultimate sport for the. Team, yeah so you'd.
Speaker 1: Never be upset like they ran the ball, bunch you didn't get a ball for a couple of.
Speaker 7: Weeks as long as we win in the, game that's ALL i care. About LIKE i gotta sacrifice. Something we are the ultimate. Goal we gotta win the. Championship so if we not want, to that's. Definite if it's no championship on the, line that's, yeah and it's not you're out of the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs it's, Like, okay just feed me for the rest of the.
Speaker 7: Year THAT i ain't gonna say, SELFISHLY i would say, that but if they want to feature me a lot more in the passing, game, Cool i'll take.
Speaker 1: That but, Also i'm.
Speaker 7: Fourteen i'm all still no, Matter i'm still about. Team anybody ever get you off your game with their trash talk or get in your head a little, bit maybe it feels just for a, Moment, NAH i can't give he.
Speaker 1: Thought about it first. Second there was one guy that.
Speaker 6: There's one situation in, mind but he doesn't even want to.
Speaker 1: Give that To Jalen. Ramsey J, jalen have you heard about his ship? Talking he was on the bus like one of our first, episodes and in college he would go into other players d ms or, no other players girlfriends d ms and damn their.
Speaker 6: GIRLS i didn't tell.
Speaker 1: Them on the. FIELD i hear a lot of stuff like that on the. Field we all.
Speaker 7: Do, sure y'all heard a lot Of i've heard a lot of that on the field where NOW i don't never let that bother me because we're on the football, field like all that stuff that's going, ON i look like, Everybody, yeah we got tough players and this players just like. That BUT i just, like we all went to, college so it's no real like ma chao, UH i would, say, like, uh bad, guys that's on the football. FIELD i went to college like.
Speaker 1: EVERYBODY i really had a player told me he was gonna shoot me after a football.
Speaker 7: Game so after game, over with the game is, over where that player was at?
Speaker 1: Now he didn't Go thank, god he actually, yeah could you imagine getting shot after a football? Game but what he do is like he blocked me real. Good, hey that would be the most insane thing. Ever so you must be did something.
Speaker 7: Great you did your.
Speaker 1: Job you got it on his. SKI i had a DUDE i had a situation with against The Steelers thursday night football WITH. Tj watt and Uh Bud dupree and they're, like after the, game meet us outside the buses And i'm In i'm in the locker, Room LIKE i gotta go outside the bus.
Speaker 7: Situation.
Speaker 1: BRO i walked out there AND i just waited by the buses AND i saw them walk out. TOGETHER i was, Like i'm about to get my ass feed after a football. Game they kept Walking thank, god what'd you? Do don't worry about WHAT i.
Speaker 6: Did we're trying to get the whole. Story he probably wants. That he probably doesn't know there what.
Speaker 1: Happened i'm gonna be, respectful AND i just wanted to didn't know. That, No so here's the. Situation thursday night. Football it's twenty. Sixteen we're getting our ass. Beat this is WHEN ab caught the ball on his. Head, okay, yeah like he was going crazy against. US Tj watt. Rookie he rushes the. EDGE i say something to. Him he, says you're a pussy look at the, scoreboard AND i spit and hit him in the. Forehead now you're being Disrespect, listen you Are. LISTEN i have publicly apologized about this years. OLD i have publicly. APOLOGIZED i even went up to his brother AND i was, like tell T. J i'm.
Speaker 7: Sorry there's two things you're gonna do to.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 1: Man you slap, well you spin on. Them lip is crazy. Too so you're on the football, FIELD dB spits in your Face capital one twenty. Twelve is that what? Happened?
Speaker 7: Nah but after the, game we're gonna finish the.
Speaker 6: Game you just, said what happens to?
Speaker 7: This i'm talking about when we go to shake, hands you talking mind in the locker, Room we're not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: There that's.
Speaker 7: Different So i'm gonna take.
Speaker 1: It take. That you see When Aaron donald had the hamlet and it was? Ready? Yeah that which by what's your take on? That football players running out to go fight, somebody but putting their helmet on while theyre running.
Speaker 7: OUT i mean you know that if you throw a, Punch i'm NOT i agree with. Him i'm not gonna throw a punch at your, helmet But i'm gonna put My i'm Not i'm gonna to put my helmet on to the.
Speaker 1: Tech i'm trying to take the other player. Halet who if you spin in my? Face, yeah, yeah you think less of, me, now don't.
Speaker 6: YOU i tell you what the most, energy this is not WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Wanted if this is what we need.
Speaker 7: To, do we can be we can be, manning we can talk about. It but it gonna take me a while because every TIME i see, you don't think about you spit in my.
Speaker 1: Face that's WHY i didn't want. THIS i didn't spit in your. Face this is is a hypothetical, situation But i'm sure that's WHAT. Tj is, Thinking, yes, DUDE i, know And i've had like no matter HOW i took a selfie video to send To Big, cat who gave it TO, jj who gave it was supposed to give it TO. Tj still, unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE i. Know that's WHY i just feel. Bad it's like the thing that's SOMETHING i have to keep realersion tell this. STORY i tell this story over and, over and every TIME i tell, It i'm, like you just look worse and. Worse but it's it's part of the. Game.
Speaker 7: Man they say you're a repeat.
Speaker 1: Offender some one said, that BUT i don't believe in. That here's the. Deal here's the, Deal i'll. Sean we're starting something. Here you can feel the foundation of this. Friendship it's, beautiful. Right you can see us going on the trips Of, cabo doing a fishing trips.
Speaker 7: Together, yea you the friend That, Yeah, Okay NOW i know that you have spinning somebody's, face so it won't be surprised you That i'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna have your. Back BUT i got.
Speaker 7: YOU i know that you could get us into.
Speaker 4: Some, trouble, right, yeah used.
Speaker 1: To Now i'm, MARRIED i had two. Kids i'm a different man. Now i'm a different man. NOW i was married, THEN i actually had a kid, then so, yeah, YEAH i was a guy that tried to do whatever he could to so they make somebody, Mad so they must have got under your. Skin, dad he spit on his. Face, NO i was VERY i would do whatever this. Is i'm just telling you WHO i. Was, Right i've, Gone i've worked through, this sat down with the, man said, hey these are my problems. Today you got a lot of. Problems le's figure them. Out why you spit on people's? Faces but it did happen multiple, times having in college.
Speaker 7: Person personality your persona on the football. FIELD i got.
Speaker 1: Right we're just playing a, character are we. NOT i did you ever double with, that doing like a multiple personality? Thing but a lot of, players Asked Brian, Dawkins, Yeah, DAWKINS a lot of players do. Though.
Speaker 6: Yeah so for an, apology would you allow T.
Speaker 1: J watt to spit on your? Face i've already said, Yesterday i'm just, yeah oh, Sorry, NO i came on with the defense of. That ask me, again ask me again to get T. J watt's. Forgiveness would you allow him to spit on your? FACE i think it's only. Fair it's a great. Question, well thank. You, yeah we're moving.
Speaker 7: Growth what'd you?
Speaker 1: Say? Growth if, anything the content will be, crazy that will go wild if.
Speaker 6: We finally get it understood there like, this just if we ever get him on the, bus if he would ever to come on the, bus he'll never come on the.
Speaker 1: Bus just sitting right, there just spitting on your. Face from that, distance he might not hit. Me that's a far. Shot wasn't the most disprievolent that you've ever done to a? Player now, that let's get myself off the hot. SEAT i feel LIKE i ain't never did.
Speaker 7: This you put your nuts on that clipse in dude's head after you lost something like.
Speaker 1: That spending on somebody's totally. Wrong but putting your testicles on somebody's, Forehead.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah trying to take them out of bonds and block, them that's. Different, yeah you know you know about.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, YEAH i used to block a little bit back in the, day used to get that.
Speaker 6: Done were you a pregame ritual? Guy do you have any like certain? Music what are? They what do they call?
Speaker 1: That the? Rituals?
Speaker 6: Routine, no not the, routine superstition you have to?
Speaker 7: Do, yeah super, superstitions probably like reading A bible or like something a scripture or something like.
Speaker 1: That that's probably the biggest.
Speaker 7: Thing Old testament stuff that's just reading the script just trying to read The bible or something like. That nothing like TO i al really didn't care about the, Music LIKE i don't need too much to get me. Gone i'm already ready to.
Speaker 1: Play SO i got, it, calm, cool. Collected how was it walking away from the. Game it was. COOL i was at peace with.
Speaker 7: It, yeah, yeah LIKE i was at peace with, it LIKE i feel like WHEN covid, Happened LIKE i feel like that shit just put more things like football is or something just real. Small you got the rest of your life and see what's going on in the, world like that's more. Important so, YEAH i have. Fun it was a great. PLATFORM i met a lot of great people AND i loved. It BUT i was at peace with.
Speaker 1: It how did it?
Speaker 6: End it was it like you there's an option for free agency and you just don't take. It it was a phone call, again like how did it end for?
Speaker 7: You it was some opportunities for since it, stuff BUT i just didn't take it or didn't want to do.
Speaker 1: It so it, was but, NAH i was at.
Speaker 7: Peace LIKE i like spending time with my, family my, kids and doing other stuff like traveling Things i've been missing out.
Speaker 6: On so you a, girl, dad you got you got a?
Speaker 7: DAUGHTER i do have a.
Speaker 1: Daughter, congratulations man get you. SOME i love.
Speaker 6: It how it has the transition been like since walking away from the, game it's been.
Speaker 7: SMOOTH i feel like it also helped you identify, yourself but also works from work on yourself and every day you get to work on yourself, Though so IT'S i feel like it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 6: Though, yeah what interest have? You like gravitated towards.
Speaker 1: Right here in the studio doing what you guys are.
Speaker 7: Doing Like i've always been into film and, production so it's something that's What i've been working on recently and.
Speaker 1: Lately so getting into this. Space, yeah doing the, Podcast, yes, Sir i'm getting into this. Space that's.
Speaker 7: Awesome coming, soon, ye coming. SOON i can't you guys can't wait to have you guys as a.
Speaker 1: Guest, yeah we will be. There. Absolutely you should, This, yes, sir we will for. Sure we will for sure Be JP's. COMING jp know's What i'm talking. About you'll be there for That i'm talking about let's, uh you wanna do a little twisty question with, Us let's do. It let's do a twisted. Question you would pop up that acid real quick twisted tea by the, way if you're, wondering it's a very refreshing hard ice tea maybe the real brew tea and five percent, alcohol full, flavor very. Refreshing twisted tea goes down, smooth and there's no carbonation that makes it easy to drink all day. Long twisted tea was fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game. Day it's a perfect alcohol for game, day whether tail getting a parking, lot watching at a, bar or watching with friends at. Home twisted tea is they to turn up your game? Day keep it. Twisted grab a refreshing twist ted. Today this twisted. Question so we were doing a pre production meeting And Sherman, young who's in the back to the, right he had a few. Questions these were his. Questions Mitch, carsley who is To sherman's right or. Left he's, LIKE i got a great. One, now you don't know about the history Of Mitch, carsley but he's had a couple of great ones that came out Like Buddy. Wolf not so. Awesome so with that being, Said Mitch, carsly let's hear your. Question thanks for.
Speaker 5: That with that warm, up twisted question this, week if you have sixty, seconds would you talk to yourself ten years from now or ten years?
Speaker 7: Ago, ooh.
Speaker 1: Ten years, ago twenty?
Speaker 6: Three probably ten years from, now but maybe you don't want to know where you're at ten years from.
Speaker 1: Now, NO i don't think like.
Speaker 7: That there's nobody to talk.
Speaker 1: To, oh there's nobody to talk?
Speaker 6: To oh my, god that would be. Crazy, Yeah i'd say ten years from, now say ten years from.
Speaker 1: Now what's the first question you're? Asking what's the hottest? Stock? Same, yes.
Speaker 7: Got to be in the.
Speaker 1: Market, yeah BECAUSE i don't think, about, like you, know is there like what there's no one to talk, To AND i would be so fearful about like my kids or something. HAPPENING i probably wouldn't even. ASK i wouldn't family do. IT i don't know IF i would ask how to?
Speaker 6: Stock how's the?
Speaker 1: FAMILY i wouldn't ask the how's the family? Doing but still? Married all? Right, solid don't tell me anymore Because i'm scared of any bad things that are possibly gonna happen or is there ANYTHING i shouldn't know THAT i could Figure.
Speaker 6: Yeah but maybe maybe that person tells you, something maybe yourself tells you something that you're able to figure out before that.
Speaker 1: Happens, yeah, Apologize. Taylor they probably be my one. Minute, actually WHERE'S tj want at in our? Lives still not talking to used a minute? Back, YEAH i probably go ten years in the. Future, also stock for sure hit that. Stock yeah. Stock let me know what's the biggest thing right?
Speaker 5: Now ten years ago you could get your contract in?
Speaker 7: Bitcoin oh?
Speaker 1: Smart, yeah because ten years we go ten years, back, behay invest in. This we could be, that we could be that fuck you, right and you can maybe fix a couple of things like ten years, ago twenty three year Old, Taylor, hey there's gonna be A thursday night football game against The. Steelers you're gonna want to do. Something you're gonna want to do some. Things don't fucking do.
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Relax you, know have a? Podcast is the guy Alshon. Jeffrey it's gonna be an. Issue you're gonna want to look at me forever and let him know that you're a good.
Speaker 6: Man i'm going.
Speaker 1: Back i'm taking a good Question, mitch is a good. Question shout.
Speaker 6: That shoutout.
Speaker 1: Coach i'm gonna go ten years in the.
Speaker 6: Past final, answer what about, You, ASHA.
Speaker 1: I go ten years in the. Past, yeah what are you? TELLING i will probably, say.
Speaker 6: You're gonna have to figure out that.
Speaker 1: Situation you're gonna play The, Saints you're gonna have three minutes left to score a field. Goal just, hey hands right.
Speaker 7: HERE i wouldn't EVEN i wouldn't even think about. THAT i would just think about probably, uh which like investing stuff like, that and like my, family like healthcare and just uh a lot of people that, UH i would say passed the. Way SO i want to go back ten years in that, time like just spend time with like family and just talk to some people and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That you're my heart, strings he, church my mom. Died just break. Humor, yeah sometimes you gotta laugh Through that's the best therapist is just laughing through. It but, yeah that's not.
Speaker 6: We can, no no you want to, no, no, No i'm more like just making like making heart laughing.
Speaker 1: Right ten Years he's, right ten years. Ago, hey, listen what's one piece of advice you would give yourself for, you not for, family but just for you ten years.
Speaker 7: Ago, um.
Speaker 1: That's a good. One thank.
Speaker 7: You whateuldice some mys som.
Speaker 1: Stumped, him got them all, right take your. Time we'll cut through this good question to be stumped on though WHAT i. Do if you, want we can all answer that and we can come back to Al sean that what would you, say, well years, ago probably don't do you, RIGHT i would, say.
Speaker 6: Continue to trust the people that you're. Trusting don't do a deal With Kobe tinsley In, missouri but continue to trust the people that you're trusting because you're on the right path.
Speaker 1: Myself, yeah it.
Speaker 6: Might be a little, egotistical But i'm just, Yeah.
Speaker 1: YEAH i probably go back and be, like, hey there's the people you think you, trust but don't trust.
Speaker 7: Them we all can do.
Speaker 1: That and THEN i WOULD i probably tell myself to the, listen you're twenty three years old and you're like going out a bunch On, broadway like this shit you're gonna realize in ten years is Not it's not it that stuff going up your. Nose. Chill i'll let you know whether it's all gonna work out, regardless but probably just stop doing.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah and also That steelers game for, Sure i'll have to double down on.
Speaker 7: THAT i would just say the same thing what you, said like probably ten years, ago and not trust a lot of people with certain situations up being and put myself in different environments and, situations but just know that it's all gonna work out BECAUSE i always believed in, myself SO i still have that part of.
Speaker 12: It.
Speaker 7: YEAH i like.
Speaker 6: That that was a Good that was A mitch great. Question who's it?
Speaker 1: Coach? Coach?
Speaker 6: Coach?
Speaker 1: Ruly do you have a name for your podcast?
Speaker 12: YET i?
Speaker 1: Do do you want to say? It? Okay?
Speaker 6: Okay is there a partner you're working with or is this something you're doing on your?
Speaker 7: Own we can talk more about.
Speaker 1: That we'll pick your brain a little. BIT i want to see what you're coming up.
Speaker 6: With you've learned a lot about this, Space.
Speaker 7: HUME i.
Speaker 1: Have it's, crazy, RIGHT i.
Speaker 7: Have but it's a beautiful thing. THOUGH i love. It it's a beautiful. Thing LIKE i think that what you guys are doing is. Inspiring, uh it's. Beautiful LIKE i feel like it's. INSPIRATION i feel like it's a great space for us or someone else to, though because you never know who's watching and what you guys are talking about is like inspirational and.
Speaker 1: Inspiring so it's. GREAT i appreciate. That, man that is. Awesome it's an interesting world, too because you go back ten years if you're able to do this while you were playing and give people an opportunity to kind of just say what they. WANTED i, mean the only regret is you didn't start. Sooner, yeah it's like go all, in, sooner go right and Sooner, god because it is kind of scary of doing something.
Speaker 7: NEW i feel Like i'm also it's, like imagine if we would have just recorded everything that we was going, through the cameras always, rolling and how we could just play back and go through that time and just to.
Speaker 1: This platform right, now it would be even. Better. Yeah, yeah especially like your kids, Too like Eventually i'm gonna die and they're gonna have all this some, good some, bad but some mostly. GOOD i would like to say mostly. GOOD theo good to see who their dads really. Like Tier talk is that the one we're.
Speaker 6: Doing Absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: This. One i'm gonna take a tinkle real, quick you guys go and size this one.
Speaker 6: Up So Tier talk is essentially it's just a top. Three you Got tier, One tier, Two tier. Three you Started tier three just to build up to your top. One you can give an honorable mention if you'd. Like but in the theme Of New year's this episode will be dropping on the thirty First New Year's. Eve our tier talk this week is going to be best venues to Celebrate New Year's eve or best type Of New Year's eve parties could be going on On, broadway house, parties, clubs Lake, beach, mountains downtown bart does not matter however you enjoy Spending New year's the most is how you will tear your. System so Wal taylor goes, pee we'll be able to kind of think about our answers so that way we can hit the ground running when he gets.
Speaker 8: Back another good example That sara out in our meeting was rooftop.
Speaker 6: Party rooftop, parties that would be a big. One let's hit an ad Read.
Speaker 1: Yeah winner of this episode to bring You. Lucy lucy is the obvious choice for the true nicotine pouch. Connoisseur that's why they're the official nicotine pouch partner Of Barstool. Sports lucy pouches go up to twelve milligrams in strength and have a unique shape that feels. Great Lucy breakers are the only pouches with hydration capsule. Inside there are totally new kind of pouch only available From. Lucy Each breaker pouch contains a hydration capsule that you can crack up them with your teeth before tossing it in your. Lip the capsule releases a burst of flavor and helps release nicotine faster for an experience that you can't find in any other. Pouch listen to. Me gas station pouches they get the job, done but once you Try, lucy you won't want anything else in your. Pocket Get lucy ship ship straight to your. Door Visit lucy dot co forwards Last busting use promo Code busting B U S S I n and get twenty percent off your first. Order subscribe for another fifteen percent and shipping is always. Free loosey products are for adults for adults of legal. Age every order is age. Verified, warning this propa contains. Nicotine nicotine is an addictive. Chemical back to the.
Speaker 6: Episode now we'll be coming out of the ad to talk about our tiar.
Speaker 1: Top oh nice your. Talk best venues to Celebrate New Year's? Eve all? Right best type Of New Year's eve parties probably house party.
Speaker 7: Lakes so if we're talking about as we single or were not sing, Interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah however you want to do, it you can just talk about your all of.
Speaker 7: It i'm Just i'm thirty, four thirty, four so your last thirty four, years your tier talk of how you celebrate right back when that's a good.
Speaker 6: One you would you like.
Speaker 1: Me to go? First? Yeah all?
Speaker 6: Right my, Uh my tier three is going to be.
Speaker 1: A hou.
Speaker 6: Party love a good house, party board, games, alcohol, vibes around the people you enjoy the. Most house party is my number. Three my tier two is going to be.
Speaker 1: Alone with my. Wife that's his tier. One he just didn't want. TO i have a good tier one for.
Speaker 6: You sit with my, wife you stay, up you watch the ball, drop you go to. Bed my tier one is going to bed. Early don't watch the ball, drop just you sit. There you see it drop In New york around we're In central, time so you're staying up till. Eleven you see the ball drop In New york and you're just, like, hey let's go get these eight. Hours so celebrating it by not celebrating it and just going to bed, early that's my tier.
Speaker 1: One all, right and that's my tier. Talk.
Speaker 6: Compton now we give one word after the tier, talk you give one word to kind of explain what my tier talk was Of tailor Days compton on.
Speaker 1: BRAND i loved it, Great, YEAH i loved it, great all hyphenated horrid.
Speaker 6: OLD i THOUGHT jp appreciated.
Speaker 7: AUTHENTICITY i was you did say the house, Party SO i play it's, classic, classic, classic.
Speaker 1: Classic to go, Next, Yeah i'll go next my tier. Talk i'm gonna kind of do phases of my. Life i'm gonna, Chant i'm gonna move the goalpost a little. Bit so My tier three will be essentially My tier one of now and then so on and so. Forth there's more fun. Times My tier three is thirty three year Old taylor is putting on a YouTube video for my kids at eight thirty of a ball dropping and being, like we did. It can you guys believe you stay up till?
Speaker 6: Midnight this is?
Speaker 1: Incredible then they go to sleep AND i quickly go to sleep after. That that is, brother BECAUSE i just Think New year's is a is ahole holiday that you get so excited, for but at the end of the, day it's, like what are we what are we? Doing you?
Speaker 6: Know, YEP i love that.
Speaker 1: Bank, yeah it's a great. One that's a nice little for you too with your. Kids go ahead and pop that one in. There My tier two is going to go to College taylor and it's gonna be. Bars it's gonna be the pregame leads to, extracurriculars going to the, bar just getting crazy with the, fellas having a good. Time three to two to. One finding somebody Hate New year's. Kiss gotta get A New year's kiss. In that's what it. Is you get The New year's. Kiss that's what it. Is that's what That's that's how they do. It take. It and somebody, goes, hey do you hear the Hockey? House you hear they're having an after party at the, bar and you're, like, no fucking, shit is the Best New years of our entire. Life it's two third in the. Morning you're Leaving, skeeeps you're Leaving Rick's American, cafe The Brown, Dragon you're cruising over three and a half blocks over The Hockey. House you're having a good. Time one thing leads to. Another you're playing a game of poop, dollar watching drunk people poop picked that thing. Up that's My tier. Two My tier one goes to high school house. Parties, dude. Dude my sophomore year of high, school someone's family was out of, town but they, stayed the kids. Stayed they have a house party at their. House and it is a beautiful, home one of those homes that only nil can pay, for that type of. Home you know What i'm. Saying you you get, there there is upper classmen. There you're walking around and this is WHEN i first heard about The New year's. Kiss that it is not just what you did in fifties movies with The, navy with The navy and the, girls and they did the little. Thing this is like a you actually get the. Kiss you kind of screwed it and cruise. Around there's one. Girl there's one girl there that was the bell of the. Ball her name Was Shade, treat more developed lady than everybody else in high. School right that, night after a live band, played a live house band played at that high, school got myself a kiss From shake And Shade. Treat now it was a. Peck it was a. Peck lips did touch. Though Al Sean number, one what's, UP, Jp what do you? Got? Okay that's My tier.
Speaker 12: One get me go, first, gape you don't even, know.
Speaker 1: All, right, creative thank, you standard j, heart, electric.
Speaker 7: Nostalgic how SO i felt like that was one.
Speaker 1: Word oh, fire, dope, okay brilliant the guest word that. Matters that's. All that's all all, right ron pins and. Needles, Brother what do you guys do On New? Year's?
Speaker 7: Said My tier three will, probably, uh we'll be spending time with my kids and my. Family LIKE i believe asked what you get alluded? TO i feel Like New year is just one of those things that we're standing up.
Speaker 1: For just.
Speaker 7: All, right let's go on to the next. Day, yea, yeah, Yeah SO i would just say spending time with my, family hanging out with them and just enjoying the, moment just spent going Into.
Speaker 1: New year with.
Speaker 7: Them My tier two will probably be a house party or something, like, uh having a lot of family AND i mean a lot of friends over.
Speaker 6: It so you hosting the house?
Speaker 1: Party, yeah oh, yeah you're a big.
Speaker 7: Host, Yeah i'm hosting the house party and we're just having a great, time you.
Speaker 6: Know so you're the one who has the THE.
Speaker 1: Dj.
Speaker 7: Everybody, oh you can imagine just having a great time and just uh keeping the party going as long as it could. Last SO i will say, that and, Uh tier, one probably just me being by. Myself that sounds kind of bored with me just being by. Myself that's.
Speaker 1: It just, chilling damn.
Speaker 8: Iconic my word is damn, hyphenated, fastball right down the, middle.
Speaker 7: Low, key, till, solid, amazing.
Speaker 6: Horrid you, Guys, uh it's the black culture in kissing On New year's when the ball, drops.
Speaker 1: Tell, him why tell him why you're bringing us.
Speaker 6: Up we Had Chanting crowder on a couple of weeks, ago one of the hosts of The, pivot and he's making fun of the white boys because he's, like y'all love kissing in the club and then getting. Mono they, said we're just trying to take him, back but y'all want to make out and tongue and do all that stuff like while you're in the. Bar and we were, saying that's a fair point and also very.
Speaker 7: True, Yeah i'll BET i feel like it's the, environment, tuto, like BECAUSE i know guys who's black who does the same.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 7: Tuto SO i can't say from my point of view from channing you'll. KISSING i didn't SAY i Was i'm not going rundo. Grass i'm going to do.
Speaker 1: That the white drunk makeout is it's so. Funny he said, that it's so.
Speaker 7: TRUE i know some guys like they feel like it's real. Late they go to we're at the, club And i'm, like, yo you see you looking at me x Y z and then they just go grab me and.
Speaker 1: Kiss i'm, like, yeah it, worked it worked, exactly all, right all, right we feel. Good this was.
Speaker 9: Awesome they gotta get one more in a Game cock on we need your top Five South carolina Game cock wide.
Speaker 1: Receivers top Five cock wide receivers of all.
Speaker 7: Time SO i ain't gonna put myself in it BECAUSE i gotta give all respect to those who passed.
Speaker 1: Before me and who's before me after. ME i feel like MY i don't take this personal on.
Speaker 7: Guys it's a lot of you, guys But i'm just going off the top of my. HEAD i feel like number One Sterling shark was the. GREATEST i feel like it's the Greatest South carolina Game cock wide. Receiver number, Two Sidney, RICE i would say number, Three kenny, McKinley.
Speaker 1: Number. FOUR i don't let me. NOT i got six, yeah six is.
Speaker 7: GOOD i would, say, UH i Said Sterling, Sharp Seidney, Rice kenny. McKinley i'm gonna say A SANDERS dbo And Brian. Edwards that's a good top, SIX, Jp do you have Any obviously he's in.
Speaker 6: Mind where's he at in your top?
Speaker 1: Five in my top?
Speaker 9: FIVE i think he's right In Sterling sharp and it sucks because Of Sterling sharp's injury in HIS nfl. Career it's like he could have been even. Better he would have been A hall Of famer for.
Speaker 1: Sure one of the greatest receivers in college for THE. NFL i.
Speaker 7: Believe yeah he really that Deal Shannon sharp's.
Speaker 1: Brother, Really.
Speaker 9: But Now i'm taking and, yeah let's. See number one would Be Sterling. Sharp number two is Al. Sean number Three Sidney. Rice that was my first, game Cop Jersey Sidney rice for my, birthday got it customized on the back to say As, rice how he had. It Then i'm gonna Do kenny McKinley, debo.
Speaker 1: And then, god.
Speaker 7: It's like A.
Speaker 9: Sanders, Yeah Bruce ellington's. Good but the last, spot, YEAH i WOULD i would go A.
Speaker 7: Sanders probably my.
Speaker 1: Top five top six pretty, similar.
Speaker 9: Tough not Having xavier leged in, there but he truly only had like the one big. Year, amazing he.
Speaker 7: Only had the one.
Speaker 1: Year that's kind Of. Yeah there's always an argument, too because you look At michigan and you're Like Tom brady's, best, Right it's, like, well he really didn't start until like his junior senior, year, right so you can't really put him in that top five.
Speaker 6: Category, yeah, damn you had three thousand.
Speaker 7: YARDS i did that in three.
Speaker 1: YEARS i did that in three.
Speaker 6: Years oh So Sterling sharp had four years and at twenty five, hundred your three years three. Thousand, damn, Bro so you might be better Than Sterling. Sharp you've had a hell of.
Speaker 7: A career, man a great, teammates some great. COACHES i just did my. Part they just did a great job before me in a great. Position, man when he's, out he's still in.
Speaker 1: It he's still in, it doing a great. Job we appreciate you coming on the, show, MAN i appreciate. You we're looking forward to what you're cooking up too in the podcast. Landscape sure it'll be, great. Man appreciate you all you. Guys subscriber five, Stars bake hugs and where can everybody find you on.
Speaker 7: Socials Al Sean Jeffrey instagram a Se Jeffrey twitter at Al Sean jeffrey underscore, One so.
Speaker 6: Get that TikTok. Coming we'll get that TikTok.
Speaker 7: GOING i do got, TikTok but they band in it.
Speaker 1: Now TikTok about to get me?
Speaker 7: Banded what you haven't heard about? That, no they about to take TikTok. Away they Told apple And google at The january nineteen for methough interesting.
Speaker 6: Date something to keep an eye. On, yeah something to keep an eye, on something to keep an eye. On thank, you, brother.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 6: Awesome we appreciate you