Speaker 1: Man, what's handed man?
Speaker 2: You got Marshaw Bismall Lynch.
Speaker 3: Doug Hendrickson and Gavin Newsome and you're listening to politickets you know to be you know to be?
Speaker 4: Today, guys, we have an incredible guest. We have a great comedian, Emmy nominated actress you know from Saturday Night Live and hosting.
Speaker 5: The Daily Show, Gavin. That's right, The Daily Show, which you love.
Speaker 4: She's known for her roles in movies like the reboot of Ghostbusters sequel of Coming to America. She's currently on a comedy to her right now, the great iconic Leslie Jones.
Speaker 1: That's a good look man, Hey, Leslie, did.
Speaker 5: You say that's a good looking man? Referring to me or Marshaan to you?
Speaker 6: Douglas?
Speaker 7: Now? But I tell you what, Gavin, you looking spiff it today? Yes, you are, missus Newsom.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about. That's what I'm talking about. Doing my hair too, Leslie?
Speaker 5: You look good?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: You hear that, Marshawn, You hear that, Marsian.
Speaker 5: Don't pump his head too much, Okay, talking about.
Speaker 6: The best guess we've ever had, Doug.
Speaker 7: Ever, I love me some Gavin Noose and now you're talking about it even though you laid me out.
Speaker 6: You laid me out on the Daily Show.
Speaker 3: I'm all relaxed, and then all of a sudden, like, Jesus, what's coming after me?
Speaker 6: I was cleaning up the city or something for president.
Speaker 5: She well, she calls you slick. Gavin oh Man.
Speaker 6: Called me slick cleaning up that house.
Speaker 7: I didn't write that joke, Gavin. That was somebody else joke. I didn't write that joke, Gavin.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: I was like, listen, Gavin's not gonna like that. I'm saying that, but.
Speaker 3: They were saying it on Fox, and then I had to get off Fox, and then I went to the Daily Shower and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 6: It's on there. I'm like, Jesus Christ, the hell did I say?
Speaker 7: What did I say?
Speaker 6: What did I do?
Speaker 7: In your defense? I was laughing like a motherfucker at her response, and everybody's like, no, we got to write a joke. I was like, this is really funny, though, He's like, we gotta clean this motherfucker.
Speaker 3: We're doing to clean the goddamn shout Jesus action.
Speaker 6: It was a good thing.
Speaker 1: It was a good thing, but.
Speaker 4: But I appreciate his honesty, Leslie. He was like, hey, listen, do people clean up when guests came over and he said, this is.
Speaker 3: What you got seventy seventy you know, countries coming like anyone, you clean up a little extra.
Speaker 6: Was the first time we cleaned the house.
Speaker 7: Jesus, it was so annoying that we were like that. It is so and you know what's so crazy? Like when the candidates came out, I promise and if you go back and look on my feet, I said, Gavin News should definitely be like up for vice president. That would be a great because he would destroy jd Vance.
Speaker 9: He would destroy him, debate, destroy him, that little narcissist in cel basement dwelling motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Won't you eat up?
Speaker 2: I go hard, motherfucking paint Yo.
Speaker 8: That came from me, son, saying came from me.
Speaker 7: Because I need to say that. You know, I know I'm way older than you. What's up, homie?
Speaker 8: Let me motherfucker.
Speaker 7: Son, Your reaction to everything is hilarious. Son, Hello, you are definitely from the hood, sir, oh.
Speaker 6: Ship, it's a validation. I thought he was posing all this time.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna have to go tell mama. She Mama did something right then she is, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: You are.
Speaker 7: You are loved amongst all of us. We love the hell out of you. Yeah, like see like you are too funny way in the corner.
Speaker 2: That's my that's my that's my second son.
Speaker 1: These my white kids I keep you know what I mean, not the one.
Speaker 4: That made and Leslie along with along with Mama Lynch. Mama Lynch, I helped raise this guy here. I helped raise.
Speaker 3: And I helped keep him out of jail, Leslie out of jail.
Speaker 1: That part is true.
Speaker 2: But these my kids, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: You are hilarious, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm taking I'm taking them on a tour right now, inviting them, you know, I mean, I'm bringing them slowly, you know, I mean getting them ready for the cookouts and ship.
Speaker 1: Bring them to the barbecue.
Speaker 7: Gathering is ready, I'm Gavin is ready? Ga, Gavin, you walk into a cookout, the girls is gonna be trying to fix you a plate and ship. They were like, that's a good look at white boys gather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, potato salad with no raisins too.
Speaker 8: No, yeah, you're gonna get some legit potato salad.
Speaker 6: Who the hell has raisins and potato salad. But the hell you know, whatever you all do.
Speaker 8: You ain't seen it at your reunion. That should be right in the middle of the table.
Speaker 1: Man. That's the that's the key dish.
Speaker 4: Listen, we got to bring you to more Sean solfood Restaurant, Oakland.
Speaker 8: What you got a soul for restaurant?
Speaker 2: Yes, he did, se so at funk around when it comes to soul food.
Speaker 7: Marshaan sent in the kitchen. I'm from Memphis, Tennessee. So if it's not good, I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: Oh, then you gotta let us know what's up. But that's one thing I do love about hunting. She up for that. She up for that challenge I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: Is it safe to come to open? Now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: You really?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Right there? Seriously? Right there?
Speaker 3: Don't ask here we go. By the way, Leslie Marshawn is sneaking and running for mayor of Oakland. He's snaking and running for mayor. We got some new pulling that just came in.
Speaker 1: Gavin just gave me some ship that let.
Speaker 7: Me a town yo.
Speaker 8: That ship would work.
Speaker 5: That would work less. So yes, I agree, that ship would work.
Speaker 1: Think gonna be my campaign manager.
Speaker 6: I'm the campaign Doug's the finance chair.
Speaker 8: Davin, I need I need information from you.
Speaker 7: So there's a bill or something that they've been wanting you to sign for the artist.
Speaker 8: Which artist, it's like a union thing.
Speaker 3: I've signed nine and ninety one bills, so it just got through. So I may have I may have signed it. I may have vetoed it. Let's hope I didn't.
Speaker 8: God damn it, Gavin. If you vetoed me, I swear to God.
Speaker 5: Hell what I do.
Speaker 6: I've vetoled a lot. I need to a bill.
Speaker 7: That they want you to sign. This's like a whole bunch of people have signed it. It's for unions, it's for like the entertainment, because Gavin, seriously, the entertainment, the entertainment feel is what makes California make their money for real. So my thing, my thing is is that when they when we went on strike, and we had every fucking reason to go on strike, right, that these corporations got pissed off because of the strike, and now we're suffering from that. The people at the bottom suffer from that championship. So I'm just like wondering, how do we get that into.
Speaker 6: Oh you know what this may be.
Speaker 3: This may be the unemployment fund that would extend to striking workers or state unemployment fund, of which I that that that may be the issue, that a more complicated, large issue. We did provide health care for striking workers, which is one of the first states to do that in the country. And we just signed some good ai bells to deal with deep fakes that I did at SAG.
Speaker 6: I actually was down.
Speaker 3: There, uh with with the leadership at SEG talking about that issue.
Speaker 6: But no, there's a lot more.
Speaker 2: And I think you like the I think you like the soldier boy of the politic world.
Speaker 6: What do you mean the soldier boy with.
Speaker 2: You always the soldier boy be like, yeah, I'm the first rapper I ever didn't and you'd be like, yeah.
Speaker 6: But we didn't.
Speaker 1: You make sure you throw that ship up there.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 7: Marsha in his defense like after Ernest Schwarzenegger, because you know, California thought that they was voting being the fucking terminator and this the fucking budget.
Speaker 8: Is what he fucking did. It's like, I'll be back, motherfucker. Don't he had to ship?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Marshawn take that.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I thought you were y'all thought you wanted me to run your cam paid for mayor.
Speaker 6: The hell are you talking to your campaign manager like this?
Speaker 1: Look? Look see, look you getting too You're getting too sensitive right now.
Speaker 2: Just slow down just a little bit, because look, putting it out there like you're gonna be like, yeah, I'm the first governor that's actually running up you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: The name mayor from.
Speaker 2: Oapen, California, and that's just I'm the first governor and the first state that's actually a governor and I'm.
Speaker 1: Running the campaign for the mayor of okin. You be the first for everything.
Speaker 6: I think he's serious. I actually think he's serious.
Speaker 7: I told like I said, I think that you definitely a vice vice vice president material.
Speaker 6: Just a VP.
Speaker 1: I love the.
Speaker 7: Gangster ship she was doing. When ship was going down, I was like, oh he is gangstering. I loved it.
Speaker 8: I loved it.
Speaker 1: You know, gains standing a gentleman man.
Speaker 7: But watch out for the people who make the money for the state. California should not be broke.
Speaker 6: No, we're not bro We're I'm about to.
Speaker 2: Now she's gonna tell you the fifth largest economy.
Speaker 6: In that you got at Marshall, keep up the talking points. What else a year?
Speaker 2: The first the first statement, everything, this meeting the United States number one and everything.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: That should be known.
Speaker 8: Let it be known. I'm doing, good man, How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm all right? It's a blessing.
Speaker 8: I mean, ever get to meet you.
Speaker 1: No, we had the cross path. It's only great.
Speaker 2: You are only right and your energy is so motherfucking infectious.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How somebody could be around you and not have a motherfucking good time.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Found out yet.
Speaker 1: Found there's gonna be something wrong with them.
Speaker 2: Like Look, I'm just telling you straight up, I ain't seen this motherfucking gathering smell as much what I've been knowing this dude for about fucking fifteen years. I ain't never seen any you popped up, set up, blushing and ship. Look he unbutton that first, that first button up. Looking, I see you fixing it. Look at a little me.
Speaker 6: It's a little I just fell a look at this growing.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 6: You got too old that you gathering?
Speaker 8: Because I'm way older than you.
Speaker 6: Oh we we know we share the same we seven who look six and me?
Speaker 5: No, six, seven who looks older me?
Speaker 6: Or a few weeks on me. You got a few weeks on me. That's look.
Speaker 7: Listen, let me say if I would have met you before your wife trust.
Speaker 1: Cool too, because I was gonna say I got you mean, I got some info.
Speaker 2: All you feel me? I can slide that back, Dough, you know what I mean. Put you in line in the Gavin thinking that. Dude, Now, we ain't gonna be able to deal with this motherfucker.
Speaker 5: You're talking about Marshall.
Speaker 8: On the coffee together.
Speaker 6: Gavin need to bring it.
Speaker 1: I need some of this, right, you know what I mean. We can't have you over there dog looking, you know what I mean, like powder and ship.
Speaker 7: Like he is.
Speaker 8: I don't think he needed a suit that's all he needs. Yeah, yeah, because usually because usually you gotta suit on. Well, he got on a dress shirt, that's yeah. Yeah, showed up up the most casual he's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think he's showing out for you.
Speaker 7: Look okay, because he's doing a good time lord.
Speaker 8: Like, like what a vampire is supposed to look like.
Speaker 4: You know, hey, Marshawn, you know Leslie was a badass hooper back in the day.
Speaker 1: He was enough shots.
Speaker 8: Oh no, dude. When I was in high school, I could dunk. Yeah, I was a bad bitch.
Speaker 1: How tall are you?
Speaker 7: I'm six feet tall. But my coach would put he would put a weight vests on me, and I would just walk around all day in school and then like doing the game. During the game, that's how it would go in Like I was staying at the end of the thing, and everybody would be.
Speaker 8: Like taking the vet. It looked like they at.
Speaker 7: Least in a monster and then they would be taking it off the other team watching me, and then I would just jump and I would just jump straight up and it would be so fucking high, and it was like, God, damn, I'm I was like I would triple double in rebounds, block shots, and files.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look like you got a little bit of me, and you were you intimidation? Who the best player? I'm gonna go with that motherfucking I'm gonna put a demo down on the gas.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you something. I would tell them. I would be like, this is my house. You come in the motherfucking key. You gonna get your ass beat. You're not invited into my house. Even when I wasn't in the game, they wouldn't go into the house.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: So you're you're basically dream little Draymond Green, little uh Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But see, I would go over to the.
Speaker 7: Bench and I would look at the team and go, I got five files. I got five of them for you, And I would tell him, I'm just tell them five. You're gonna have to deal with me too.
Speaker 4: I file out, and Lussie, what do you think about the w NBA now with all this Caitlyn Clark stuff coming in, people trying to hate on her.
Speaker 5: I love what she's done for the game.
Speaker 7: Let me well, first of all, let me correct you, white boy. Let me explain something to Payland. Cok is a good player. She's a good player. But the WNBA been around twenty years before she got here. Let's just say that first. It's not just Kaylin Clark who's doing something for the league. It's the players that are. And these ladies like Don Staley, people like Lisa Leslie, people like like that have been have been playing this game for a while now. The off is that people like Angel Reeves and all of them, and all y'all doing is giving it to Caitlin Clark. So she's not fucking She's not Larry Bird, motherfucking like. She still is a rookie and she'll gotta make her way into this league. Now, what I will say is they could have used her on the USA team.
Speaker 8: I'm not a fly, you know.
Speaker 6: Was that a snub or what was that? It wasn't a snub.
Speaker 8: I think it was a snub. You guys. There's a lot of good players.
Speaker 7: In the w n b A. So she gets to go next year, like just because her name is known, that don't mean that she gets to get on everything. She gotta earn her fucking spot.
Speaker 2: Gotta earn your bone, baby, But she'd be pulling like a motherfucker though.
Speaker 5: I totally agree.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is she brought a lot more notoriety than now, which is great for everybody, which is gonna get.
Speaker 5: Everybody more money, hopefully more ratings. So what that it's the good thing of what she did.
Speaker 7: But I think the only reason that she brought a lot of things because of the thing that.
Speaker 8: Was going on between her and Angel Reeves. Like, seriously, the.
Speaker 7: Way that we vilified the black players and the white players, we just gotta stop doing that.
Speaker 8: Ship We gotta stop doing that ship because like.
Speaker 7: The way that Kaylyn Clark got welcome into her team and the way that Andrew Reice got welcomed to hers, that ship was a fucking tragedy.
Speaker 1: You would think it was two different leads.
Speaker 7: When I was in college, I used to fuck bitches up. Okay, do you understand me? Like I would have my Leoni Patterson taught me how to when I got a ball that my elbows come straight up, So anybody in the way, you're gonna lose that bottom jaw.
Speaker 8: Okay. And then and then I do this, you know, just real quick, get the fuck out. You know what I'm saying. Understand exactly.
Speaker 7: So if I was in the in the if y'all would have saw me play in college, y'all would have hated y'all would have hated loved me. I was like, Daryl Dawkins, I'm gonna fuck you up or I'm gonna score on you.
Speaker 5: I fucking love that lastlie. I love your game.
Speaker 2: So look, let me give you a little bit of history about about my son Doug. That's been my agent for about twenty years now. So when he's speaking and with with with that kind of mindset, he's only looking at it from a from an agent's perspective right now. What you just gave him was something on a broader perspective to open up his horizon to you.
Speaker 1: I mean he can see a different yeah, because you.
Speaker 7: Know what through and then go back and tell other agents that because where the weather goes down to it, we need to stop putting the color on ship and look at how players are playing.
Speaker 8: Like I love Caitlin Clark, but I yelled at her once and that bitch got shook.
Speaker 7: No, you need, you need, you need to be in.
Speaker 8: The league a little bit more, darling. Your shot don't need like real talk.
Speaker 7: Like I was sitting on the bench. I was sitting on the side and I was like, you ain't gonna make that listen. I'm not supposed to rattle her.
Speaker 8: Okay, So she's still.
Speaker 6: A Rookie of the Year apparently.
Speaker 8: Jesus, there's so many.
Speaker 7: Good guards in the league right now that that can't fuck with her, like Caitlyn can't fuck with them right now.
Speaker 8: And I think she's a great shot.
Speaker 7: I think that her shot is very good, but so is Sabina's Sabina from Liberty. There's so many good shooters on the Seattle team this, I mean, come on, now, ain't the only one I get it though, I get the hip, but let's see here she can carry the height?
Speaker 8: Does what?
Speaker 3: And just because you're so good at contextualizing the world we're living in and understanding sort of the moment, what does this reflect the moment we're in? I mean just I mean, or is this or punctuate where we where we've always been living?
Speaker 6: I mean, what do you make of it? From sort of a social commentary perspective? What does it say about us?
Speaker 8: Just the way that we are now?
Speaker 7: We're so literal now, We're so literal now, and we're so offended now. It's just like we're not taking our common sense and being balanced. We're going this way or we're going this way. And I promise you're not gonna be able to function in life unless you get some fucking balance. And that's where we are as a society period. We are depressed. It has not been a good last ten years. We have been through fucking hell, especially the fucking women, especially the fucking women. I just really wish that you guys will understand what we're seeing. Don't give us fucking more room to breathe. Give us the choice if we want to breathe.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, Like, give us like if.
Speaker 7: We I don't understand if women came out and said, oh, y'ad need to get it efseected me at eighteen, you need to get a resected me at eighteen.
Speaker 8: We want to control your day, it would be not neus in this smuggling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have a problem with your control, my dick.
Speaker 7: So you think we don't have a problem when you're trying to control and you don't even know anything about pussy.
Speaker 8: That's what's so fucked up. You don't know shit about pussy.
Speaker 7: Know everything about sports, everything about sports, don't know shit about pussy. If I was to ask y'all where the clip was, you'd be like, he got traded to Denver.
Speaker 8: Go fuck yourself.
Speaker 2: No, I'll find that motherfucking you find They take me a while. I'm gonna find that monthfucker, but I'm gonna get to that monthfucker. Then I'm gonna work that month.
Speaker 8: Doug.
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 1: What podcast?
Speaker 6: Doug and I just woke up to some podcast? What the hell are we?
Speaker 8: No? But this is what I'm saying No, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: No, I feel like me, We're just not being grown. We're just not being grown right now, we're acting out. There's a lot of tantrums going on. Social media is a curse and a blessing at the same time, because it gives the platforms to motherfuckers who we should not be hearing from and people. People are so literal now that we have even given up researching and knowing what actual facts are. We are there now, we're we're We're a fucking disaster ass playing we are a fucking disaster movie from the eighties, And it's fucking sad to sit and watch very educated people make uneducated decisions.
Speaker 1: What it?
Speaker 6: No, I came in on all of that.
Speaker 3: No, but that's a general sayment I and I com beligure. It's so when you say people are literal, I love what you said. I mean, is it that we're triggered?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 6: Are you sort of is it? I don't want to say this's wrong, but is it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 6: The sort of anti woke stuff? What is it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 6: The cancer culture?
Speaker 7: Is it's it's how can I put it? It's like we're literal, like we're we're just like not seeing what the real ship is.
Speaker 8: Like you know, when you're literal, you just that you just over the you cannot put it.
Speaker 7: Like like if I come on and say, oh, Gavin Noose and me and him, me and him used to go to high school together, and we will will motherfucker's is gonna believe it for a minute instead of and take the story and make it into something instead of actually finding out if that shit is true? Right, no context, No, it's like we it's like we're numbing ourselves with lies because we're in so much pain. We don't want to look at the truth of what's going on right now, which is our society. And let me tell you what the fucking problem is. Everybody is scared of change. Change is a motherfucker. But what people need to understand about change. Change does not give a fuck about you or how you feel. It's gonna happen now. It will polite and say to you, hey, it's time to change. But if you go fighting, you're gonna just go fighting. And that's what's happening right now. Our society and us as a people as a human are is developed and going and the people who don't want to grow are fucking fighting their way and to not grow. It's the same thing I say about men. Right now, y'all are going to have to do the work because bitches is not fucking with you no more. We are not desperate for dick no more. We're not desperate for money no more. We're not desperate for attention. I'd rather be alone than to put up with your unaware, fucking unhealthy ass. And I'm talking about by your mind, by your body. There's so many men that don't even take care of their fucking health because they think a woman gonna do it.
Speaker 8: Stop thinking women are gonna solve your fucking promise. We're not. You need to solve your shit, and women don't want it just for them. We want it for you.
Speaker 7: We want you to realize that you can be a happier person. That's really what it's.
Speaker 8: Coming down to.
Speaker 1: Sound like accountability.
Speaker 7: I got money, I got three houses, I got three houses, I got a car, I got all kinds of shit. You can't complete me. I'm already completed. I need a motherfucker that's gonna ride with me as a Parker.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's just jug Marshall, you got to come out her hard, man. I mean, I'm telling you, I.
Speaker 8: Got no damsel in distress, motherfucker cat lady in the parking lot, thank.
Speaker 1: You, And we're gonna get them up.
Speaker 8: Okay, we're gonna get them up.
Speaker 7: Baby, go get the car while I handle these three thugs, motherfuckers.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, it's just it's starting.
Speaker 7: To be where we're spoiled, we're entitled with children, we're acting like we're acting out as children, and someone grown needs to step up and say, hey, stop acting like this. And you said our society is dying because of the selfishness and the offendingness that you're walking around with.
Speaker 6: I love all that. So, but you mentioned ten years ago.
Speaker 3: I mean you, I mean, have you seen this sort of trend line in the last decade or so, or have you seen it even beyond that?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, yes, I mean think about Okay, First, Obama, really he got in there and really tried to be.
Speaker 8: The president that everybody thinks the president is supposed to be. Like. He loved his wife, he loved his country, and he wanted to help.
Speaker 7: And shit, and we rejected him, you know, but then we accept this crazy motherfucker. This, this is what should show that there's a society of people who don't like How can I put this? Okay, when Trump first started, and I have to say this, I always tell people this. When Trump Trump came to SNL, we always we thought he was a fucking clown. He was a fucking clown. He was a fucking clown. So I never took him serious. So when he won as president, I was like, Okay, well, he's saying that he's.
Speaker 8: Gonna make America great again.
Speaker 7: The first thing I thought about was, Oh, he's gonna bring the farming back, he's gonna bring the car companies back, he's gonna bring American trade back. That's not what the fuck he meant, you know what I'm saying. So it's to me, I just feel like all the shit is being revealed now. Trump brought out all those people who really are racist, because most white people are. They just don't understand that they have that microaggression. Y'all mostly are. You don't even understand some of the racist shit you do, and by accident, just from being a white entitled motherfucker. Seriously, and that shits starting to show now, and it's getting so bad, like, oh, we don't want you to see your history and all of it. It's I think people are just waking up to the ship that's been going on, and now we're waking up.
Speaker 6: Do you what do you think of it?
Speaker 3: Do you think there's this current sort of more the extreme of what you're just saying and sort of distillation in the last few years I sense, in particular, was a reaction to George Floyd. It was sort of a reaction right, sort of in that sort of COVID framework. I mean, this is like a boomerang that really exposes it at a whole other level.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that COVID fucked us up.
Speaker 7: I think that when we had that pandemic and was inside for a little while, I think that some of us lost our fucking mind. And I think again, Gavin, I just think it's sadness. We're sad we don't understand what's going on with our government. Our government is supposed to be boring, you know what I'm saying. We're not supposed to turn on the TV every day and see child molestors and feelings and shit.
Speaker 8: In our government.
Speaker 7: We're supposed to be like those are the most boring motherfuckers and we don't give a fuck, Like no one. Everyone's frustrated because now this is happening and we never understood the system.
Speaker 8: I'm on tour.
Speaker 7: I've been going to these little small towns and when I talk to people, you know what, they say, Gavin, does it really matter who's gonna win? That's what they think. You know why, because they're regular people that go to work every day. They go to work every day, they take care of their kids, they do their fun shit, and they don't want to be involved in this bullshit. They want to just be able to pay their rent. They want to be able to take care their kids. They want to be able to pay their taxes and be fucking American. Nobody wants to have to deal with this fuck shit.
Speaker 8: They don't know what to do.
Speaker 7: They don't know who's telling the truth because in sometimes they don't get the news outlets that we get in California and New York. They get that Fox shit that motherfuckers. And if you sit there, listen, yo. My aunt is an educated woman, but I had to tell her, Yo, what the fuck are you listening to?
Speaker 8: This is bullshit.
Speaker 7: Get the fuck out of Mephis like their shit going on right now.
Speaker 8: I heard a woman in Florida.
Speaker 7: She literally said this to me, Gavin, I'm gonna take my son out of my wheel if he doesn't vote for Trump, because Trump is definitely for women. And I said, are you talking about the ones he raped or are you talking about the ones that he calls ugly? In fact, which one are you talking about them? I said, the fact that you think you would trust George daughter with.
Speaker 8: That piece of shit.
Speaker 7: One thing that I'm really good at as a comedian is reading people. And I read people like when I'm on stage and I do crowd work, I make sure that I read people because I don't fuck with people who can't take it. And you can see it in people's eyes. When we had SNL, when he came into the read the read day, when we read all the scripts, he had all the scripts like a little He looked like a little infant boy with all these fucking scripts, and she looked like a little school boy that didn't really know how to read his shit.
Speaker 8: And he did feel powerless. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 7: I know, because when he sat down and put all that shit on the table, he grabs his phone, and then he opens his phone.
Speaker 8: It's a flip phone, opens his flip phone, and he goes, yeah, sell it, sell it, sell it, Yeah, yeah, bye it.
Speaker 7: And then we're and everybody like, listen, everybody white, know that it's some bullshit.
Speaker 8: For me, I love to play on people's ego, So I was.
Speaker 7: Like, what you just do? Trump?
Speaker 8: How much money you just make? How much money you just make? That shit made him happy?
Speaker 7: Does that make sense? So he's piled. That's that's how all of us are acting now. We want attention that we don't deserve. Every everybody wants to be a star, everybody wants to be famous, everybody wants to be rich, but everybody needs to understand that everybody is not supposed to have money. Everybody is not supposed to be famous because you can't handle it. If you go on TikTok, and these motherfuckers that became famous in a week from their TikTok, you'll see two weeks later. I'm gonna take a break from social media because it's really.
Speaker 8: You can't take it, bitch. No.
Speaker 5: But by the way, Leslie, this is fucking the genius.
Speaker 4: Your one hundred percent correct, and you're at Everybody wants to be famous, everybody wants to be an influencer.
Speaker 5: Everybody wants to do something. And that's the problem. That's not our day. We grew up in Well.
Speaker 8: They took fake it till you make it to the wrong level.
Speaker 4: People as telling me, Hey, Doug, when I get a dumb plan, I want to be like Bee Smartest said, you ain't gonna be like fucking be Smoke. You don't why to be smoked. First of all, be Schmode has been real from day one. He's been authentic from day one. He's done it his way from day one. People are people are too afraid to do that anymore. He's the only one who's done it that way.
Speaker 7: And can I tell you that he also went through the things that like the mistakes of being be smoved. He's had to fucking get his ass become b Smoke. You have to make mistakes to be so. Mike Tyson told me this. Mike said, I had a thousand fights before.
Speaker 8: I became Mike Tyson.
Speaker 7: I got knocked on my ass a couple of times. I tell people all the time, you will never understand success until you fail. You won't even recognize it. You won't even recognize it. And that's what these kids think now. They don't even want to learn the old shit. Whenever I'm talking to someone and they don't recognize the song, and they think that that's the artist that tell me you were like, bitch the fuck out of here. No, no, Whitney Houston saying that bitch, and she's sampling it. We are, we are, we are the society of the fake ass ship.
Speaker 5: And listen, let me dig resh real quick.
Speaker 4: So take me through, take me through your badass hoop days and and and then tell me that how did you get into transition in the in the comedy from that, Well, what happened.
Speaker 7: Was I got a scholarship to Chapman College in Orange County, and I was playing for Coachberger and I played for him, and he left in my sophomore year to go to Division one and he took me with him.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we're the only black person at that school back then.
Speaker 8: That's that's It was not that many black people, but it was a black community. We did have like some black people. It wasn't it wasn't.
Speaker 7: But you know what I used to say about Orange County unless you go to certain wards of Orange County where they're really racist. Most of those people that I met at Chapman, they wasn't a racist, they just had never met a black person before. That's a lot of a lot of places I go, they really have never met a black person before.
Speaker 8: Seriously.
Speaker 7: So I go to Colorado Fort Collins where my whole team, I'm serious, they had never seen a black girl before, I promise, and me, I'm crazy. I am fucking crazy. I've always been crazy. So the first day of practice, I walked in with a big ass radio. I had on a headband and I had on my fucking like my converse. I walked in and I put them put the music down, and I said, who the fuck is next?
Speaker 8: Who's next?
Speaker 5: Who got next?
Speaker 8: And I was blocking they shots, I was, I was knocking them down.
Speaker 7: They was like, you can't do that. Yes, I can't. Bitch you did it.
Speaker 8: My coach loved me.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. So what happened was I didn't know that when you got transferred to a school that you had the red shirt.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: I thought red shirt just meant that I was gonna have a red shirt on my uniform.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, then we were in the same boat were.
Speaker 8: The dumb ass.
Speaker 7: I was due.
Speaker 8: So they was like, no red shirt mean you can't play thatch and I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna come to practice every day and practice and do all this bullshit and I get to play. Oh that's that doesn't that doesn't work for me. So I was hating Colorado and my this girl that I met there, we started hanging out. We were walking through the student court one day and there was a sign that said funniest person on campus and they was like. She was like, I'm gonna enter you in this contest. I was like, no, bitch. She was like, you don't realize that you're really fucking funny. She said, don't you understand that we get invited to all the parties because of you, because you're really funny? And I was like yeah, but like that's I'm like, that's Richard Price shit. I always loved comedy. But I was like, that's rich A Pride shit, that's what that's where we go wor suit. I can't do that shit.
Speaker 8: So she I went to my I went to my class.
Speaker 7: She went to that class, and then we saw each other that night, and she was like, I signed you off for that contest. And I was so mad at her, but I wasn't really mad at her. So I went to this contest and Gavin. The only way I can explain it is when I touched the mic, I literally saw my future. I touched the bike. I touched and I was like, I have been doing this all my life. It was it was, it was guttural, it was guttural, and and I performed. I won the contest. I remember coming off the stage and the lady from the school newspaper was like, I want an interview, and I was like, I'm the next Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 1: Hold On, who was who? Who was? Who was the old girl who signed you up?
Speaker 7: Friends Anita Abernethy, shea that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what she married.
Speaker 1: But she is so and she's thank you for blessing, thank you for going.
Speaker 6: Lesten.
Speaker 7: I owed my dad because I lost my scholarship. I lost my scholarship because after that, I just was like, I'm gonna be a comedian, so I stopped going to class.
Speaker 8: I lost my scholarship and.
Speaker 7: I had to call my father and I was like, yeah, dad lost my scholarship and he was like lost your Oh no, that's crazy. I'll talk to coach. Coach, you know, you must be acting up out there what you're doing. And I was like, no, Dad, for real, I have a one point eight grade point average and my ass is I'm done.
Speaker 8: He was like, well, what the fuck what are you talking about?
Speaker 7: No, I'll tell you. You got to just start getting to get your tutor with and I was like, Daddy, I don't want to play basketball no morning. And then he was like he was quiet, and then he was like, well, what the fuck do.
Speaker 8: You want to do.
Speaker 7: Then he was like, because you're not finna come back to here and live in my fucking house and not do shit. And I was like, okay, well I want to be a comedian. And my dad was like what I said, I want to be a comedian. He was like, what You're not fucking funny?
Speaker 8: Who fucking talk?
Speaker 7: It was funny. He was like, you've been my child thought your whole life.
Speaker 8: You have never made me laugh.
Speaker 7: And I was like, I know I made this motherfucker laugh before, so so I was like I was like, yeah, I'm gonna be a commedian. He was like, well, you're not gonna live in my house to be a comedian. I was like, yeah, I'm not. I'm gonna live with my boyfriend click and.
Speaker 8: I didn't talk. He didn't talk to me for two years.
Speaker 1: He didn't talk to me, did go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we didn't talked to me for two years. But I still went after it. I still started doing comedy. I worked, and I kept going and I kept fucking doing what the fuck I was supposed to.
Speaker 8: That was in nineteen eighty seven, and I've been a comedian ever since. Me and my dad made up. He saw me on BT and he was like, oh, wow, you you are really funny.
Speaker 1: I told you that, I told you.
Speaker 8: Moment was there? What was?
Speaker 6: Was there a moment?
Speaker 3: I mean it was It was in the late eighties where you just you knew you had sort of gone on the other side of success, where you're like.
Speaker 6: This this or is it always for you? Just been like just day to day.
Speaker 7: Well humility, Evan, I wasn't that funny. Jamie Fox. I went open up for Jamie Fox and Jamie Fox was like, you're eighteen. You don't got ship to talk about. He was like, you need to go and live life.
Speaker 1: You need to go.
Speaker 8: You need to go quit.
Speaker 7: You need to get fired, you need to get your heart broken, you need to break cards, you need to go fucking live and make some jokes.
Speaker 8: So that was eighty seven.
Speaker 7: I stopped doing comedy and then started back in ninety three because by ninety three a bitch had a life.
Speaker 8: So you know, you know, yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 7: It was a long time before I really decided. I was like, okay, I'm good enough. And that happened after a day because I had a roommate that was like, yeah, bitch, you always talking about how funny you are and how you want to be a comedian, but I ain't never seen you go on stage.
Speaker 8: Oh you, that's all you had to say to me.
Speaker 7: I got right in my car and row right to comedy act and said can I go up? And they put off I've been doing comedy ever since.
Speaker 1: I was like, don't that's competitive.
Speaker 7: Tell you how bad I am? Let me tell you how how thanks I am. Because when after I do something, i'd do it.
Speaker 8: I would go to bars.
Speaker 7: I was like in ranch you Koga manga somewhere far and I would walk up to the bartender like a like a karaoke night or some kind of town night, and I walk up to the bar and be like, let me perform.
Speaker 8: I was like, here's fifty dollars. If I'm not funny, you can keep that fifty dollars.
Speaker 7: And I would rip that motherfucker and not only would I get my fifty dollars back, I would get free drinks. I would get a new gig.
Speaker 8: All that shit. That's the type of thing.
Speaker 7: I would make men's balls shrink up into their body because that the bravery I used to show on stage.
Speaker 8: I've always been a samurai. Anything I do, I love it.
Speaker 6: Whented to get Then how did that start to translate into acting? When would that? When would that door?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Now is the opportunity? Who gave you that?
Speaker 8: Well? You know what's so funny.
Speaker 7: I always was a hardcore comedian, and I was like, Oh, if I become an actress, I might be famous.
Speaker 8: I might be like you know, I might.
Speaker 7: Get to act like Whoopy Goldberg or something, or like I might be like Queen La Teeth, like a good sidekick or something like.
Speaker 8: I might be like that.
Speaker 7: And I started getting little rolls like you want to be honest. Who gave me my first movie? Master P, master P. I did three master P movies, and let me tell you, he gang like.
Speaker 8: He broke He don't. He don't ask for permission for a location. He just drives up and say hey we can shoot here.
Speaker 7: You're like, hey me, no you can't. It's like permits, you need you I need no motherfucker permit. And he would pay me out of his pocket. Always love Pete, always loved Pete. So I did that movie, and then I did a movie with Martin Lawrence. I was a truck driver and then ice Cube gave me a movie. I wasn't really a movie person.
Speaker 8: I was just like more just I want to be a comic. I want to be a comic.
Speaker 7: And I think just through all the little acting jobs and stuff, SNEL came.
Speaker 8: By a straight accident.
Speaker 7: I just talked so much shit like I was already like that girl. By the time I got SNL, I was already like kind of a samurai, you know what I mean. And my brother had passed away. My brother passed away in twenty ten, and I after my brother passed away, I had no time for no function. I was like, I the bitch that you called when you wanted the room to Rock and I would show up and I would have on this like carbickin that was really long, so it looked like a cape. I was that bitch.
Speaker 8: I was that bitch.
Speaker 7: So I went to a podcast for Ali Leroy and we were arguing about women black women on SNL. He was like, yeah, well, Keenan said that, you know, black women have to be ready. I was like, that's not what the fuck he said. But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 8: There's a bunch of black women that's ready I can stand for right now that can go to SNL and kill that shit.
Speaker 7: Then I went to the comedy store that night and fucking Chris Rock came in and I was doing this joke, the joke that I got in trouble about. Well, what I said was back in back in the slave days, I would have had all the men, like I don't have no men. Now, why the fuck don't I have men? But back in the slave day, I'm a man dingo. I would have got all the men I would have got because they would have been trying to make another man dingo, So I would have got Kobe Shack. That was the joke, right, So he was like, that's the next level shit, and he called Lauren and they called me and said come down for an audition. I went down there with twelve other girls, and them bitches knew me because I was like, I was that bitch, like I was forty seven, forty seven, had been doing comedy for almost twenty some years. So I'm sitting in the vand with amateurs as far as I'm concerned, and I was like, bitch, you bitches skang got shit on me, right. So I went an audition, and I knew I wasn't gonna get it as soon as I saw. As soon as I saw sat Year, I was like, that girl is beautiful. She is really beautiful, she has beautiful teeth, she just she just beautiful, right, And I was like, they're gonna give it to that bitch, right. So Chris was like, they may not give it to you, but they may give you a writing job. And I was like, I don't want to be no fucking writer, you know, fucking writer. That's fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: So he did.
Speaker 7: He called me, he goes, he goes, I don't know what you are, but I know that you need to be here, so just come. And I was like, first of all, I don't got no fucking money, so I'm not just gonna come no fucking where.
Speaker 8: He was like, we're going to give you twelve thousand a move what okay? I mean that?
Speaker 1: Okay, drop everything, come quick.
Speaker 7: And I started as a writer and then by the end of the season, by the end of that season, because I got there half a season, and by the end of the season, I was like, Oh, they're definitely gonna offer me, you know, cast member, And they didn't. They offered me six updates. So I was like, this is when the old age hooks in. This is when the dates. Six updates, like on the desk, like being on the desk, on the update desk, just doing updates. Not be a cast member, but just do come and do updates. So I was like, Okay, this is when the maturity and the love of yourself and you knowing who you are jumps in for me. So I was like, listen, I know I'm funny and I know what energy I brought to this building, but you're not gonna put me on the shelf. That's just not going to happen. I am the owner of my fucking talent. I am free lancing, and I am contracting my talent to you. So the contract is ended, and I told Lauren, I said, listen, thank you for the updates, but I'm not this is not what I want to do.
Speaker 5: Dude, that's a fucking gangster move.
Speaker 1: Lesson.
Speaker 8: Well, no, it wasn't gangster. Was really honest. I told him.
Speaker 7: I was like, I really thank you and thank you for this opportunity, but there's a lot of people in that lake who want to put me on shit, and I don't want to sit on your fucking shelf and be some update bitch. That's just not going to happen. So he was like, oh, okay. I told my manager to tell him that, and then Jim Carrey was coming. So Jim Carrey was coming, and they because they was already like, oh, you need to be at all the pitches all that, but you want me to do all of the cast membership, but you don't want to make me a cast member. So I was just like, I was rebelling. I was like, no, I don't have to be here. No, you're not paying me to be here. So they started paying me as a writer and doing the updates. I was getting paid more than everybody, but I still was like, I don't want to do this, right, So I told my manager. My manager told him, and the Laura assistant hit me and said, Lauren needs to talk to you after the pitch, and I was like, I got to come to the pitch. He was like, he wants you to be at the pitch. So I went and I pitched to Jim Carrey and he was like when we got ready to leave, he was like, come back. And I went back in the office and he says, uh, We're just gonna go ahead and make you a cast member because I don't want you on and win in the super Bowl with somebody else. And I, God, damn right, I said, you got that. I exactly said this to him. I said, you, god damn right. What fuck it took you so long? I said, now you know I'm about to show my ass, right, And he was like yeah. And then the next hour I got Ghostbusters. The director from Ghostbusters called me. This all happened in the same fucking day, and I had the cutest fucking outfit on and I went on Fifth Avenue and I walked that motherfucker like I was judging voter.
Speaker 5: I was so happy. I was like ship.
Speaker 7: Like that I'm about to be rich.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, that is. That's the power of self.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I've always had that.
Speaker 7: That's the one thing I could say. My daddy taught me so much. My dad used to say to me every fucking day, and this is what I want to say to women too. My dad never said to me, I want you to get married and settle down and have kids.
Speaker 8: He never said that. He said that it's an option. But he was like, you're so fucking like dope and whatever.
Speaker 7: You're so dope. I want you to be whatever the fuck you want. So you have to work hard, no matter what the fuck it is. They're gonna tell you that you're black, they're gonna tell you that you're a woman. But don't listen to him. He used to say this to me every fucking day. Don't listen to nobody, because if you work hard and you fucking love it, you're gonna be successful. That's what drove me through. I never thought, oh, I'm finna get a man and get married.
Speaker 8: I don't. I don't know, No.
Speaker 5: And Leslie, are all of them still your great friends?
Speaker 4: With Chris Rock, did Jamie Fox to Jim Carrey is out like you still call them and get advice and talk, and you envision like some great fucking dinners that we've got to be invited to, wouldn't.
Speaker 8: I don't dinner with these people?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I'm I'm like real, I'm I'm very ghetto and cool son like not saying or not.
Speaker 8: That's not somebody I dinner with. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Ye, yeah, totally get it.
Speaker 8: They touched, they've touched the light.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: If you want to meet me over here at the taco stands, that's what I do. I'm I'm too, I'm normal as fun. I shouldn't be famous. I don't give a fuck about it, like for real though, So yeah, I know Jim Carry and all that, but I know real comedians like you know, I know, like you know Greg's, Fitzsimmons, I know, like you know, like Owen Smith's, Like these are people you'll never get to fucking hear about, and they funny as fuck, like you will see me at the comedy store.
Speaker 8: I don't. I'm not that person. I go and do my spot and I go to fuck home.
Speaker 4: Sean, we got to get her with Mama Lynchmore Shawn, we gotta get her.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'll be able to handle that. I don't know if y'all gonna have to get it.
Speaker 1: What's that? That motherfucking thing they shock you with to bring you back to life?
Speaker 2: You have to have, man, You're gonna have to You're gonna have to have one of them for everybody who is in the motherfucking five mile radius.
Speaker 1: That will be some funny ass.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, Gavin, you ain't got no cousins or nothing.
Speaker 1: That single gee?
Speaker 6: What the hell is that? What this whole thing was about? Yep, Jesus, all right.
Speaker 4: UNLESSI Gama does that some game he do people do look out of sideways from time to time when they walk, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Because they think he's slick, because he's so good looking. He looks he looks like he looks like the Mayor like that, you know, he looks like he.
Speaker 8: Should be on a Marvel Mayor like you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, Yeah, Well, what Marshaun calls him Batman?
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, no, like Batman's uncle.
Speaker 3: But let's say I want to go back because it's interesting just successful. No, but I'm I'm interested in this this idea. This is sort of in the success and failure.
Speaker 6: I mean, is it just luck?
Speaker 4: Is not?
Speaker 6: You're I mean, what is it?
Speaker 7: It's not it's hard work. There's no such thing as luck. Luck is hard work and coincidence.
Speaker 6: Right, luck does not.
Speaker 8: That's no such thing as luck.
Speaker 6: But you got great people that are smartest.
Speaker 3: How you mentioned those those comedians that that are the ones grinding every day.
Speaker 6: They're the best of the best. But they may not necessarily be household names, right, I mean, what what's that differential?
Speaker 8: It's It's like.
Speaker 7: Again, it's about circumstance and hard work. It's not like these comedians are not working. They're working, they're getting booked. But uh, how don't I think the only way I can explain the reason that I made it is because I.
Speaker 8: Am very different and passionate.
Speaker 7: Then I think I am very different than a lot of female comedians because I do perform like a dude, even though that's not a compliment, but that you're going to get a real show with me, and what you see is what you get. And I'm very much standing on business. Is the only way that I can say it. I stand straight on what the fuck I represent? If you hire me, I'm gonna come and kill your shit. I'm gonna destroy it because that's what I believe in myself. So a lot of people don't get that opportunity.
Speaker 8: A lot of people. People don't hustle that hard either. You know, hustle you gotta you can't the little gigs can't be shit to you. You gotta do those gigs. You gotta do the little gigs.
Speaker 7: You got to. Kim Whitley taught me this. You gotta do all the clubs. You can't just be a black audience comedian. You gotta be an all audience. When I started comedy, I said, I want to be so famous that when I'm outside some Asian people come up to me and go, let's leave, pitch up.
Speaker 8: That's what I want.
Speaker 7: I want that, and it's happened so many times. So, but you can't do that unless you performing everywhere, make material that's for everyone.
Speaker 5: Let's they're a good friend. George Lope has talked about it.
Speaker 4: We had the incident at the casino and uh, where the people are heckling him and whatnot, and he said, fuck it, I'm out of here.
Speaker 5: Is that happening more nowadays than it did the past.
Speaker 6: Or the audience.
Speaker 8: Oh well, let me just say this, uh.
Speaker 4: All Ship, I wouldn't come after Leslie if I was no chance, I'd come after.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 7: I don't know what show George Lopez is doing now. I don't know what show he's doing, but I've known George to be really, really funny. I don't know what jokes he's doing now. There is a such thing as audiences paying money and going, hey, this is not what I want. But I'll be damn if you're gonna heckle me, motherfucker, I would have put that. I would have took my fucking jacket off, and I'd have turned the lights on. I said, let's fucking go, because I'm gonna I'm gonna talk about you. I'm gonna talk about your mama. I'm gonna talk about your mama's mama. I'm gonna talk about the tree that you was born under. I'm gonna talk about the fucking I'm talking about you. I know that would not be no heckling me.
Speaker 8: We will make the show the show, motherfucker.
Speaker 7: I don't I don't get the only thing that people yell out to me is we love you, We love you, Leslie, which I answer, I will love you after we have a couple of days and had talks. I don't love you like that, like you know what I'm saying, Like no, for real, Like I understand when audiences feel like they.
Speaker 8: Can do what they do, but I will make an example out of you.
Speaker 7: Do you know how many gigs I've seen where comedians have whooped audience members ass?
Speaker 8: So many son, I.
Speaker 5: Love it so many.
Speaker 7: So they tried George. They tried George, and George is rich enough to go fucking. I'm just I don't have to do this. You can check and shoved up your ass. But if I was George, I would have brought out the old school motherfucker on them motherfuckers and went ham and said, and if you want to cancel me, bitch, cancel me. Fuck you, Like you know what I'm saying, like like, that's the job of a comic and the job of an audience is to be the fucking audience. And the way that you do that is establish it as soon as you walk out. You're not gonna fuck with me. I tell people, when I walk out on stage, I know you be seeing me on Instagrams And how positive I am and all that, but I don't fucking cut. I will cut your motherfucking as like a smooth piece of butter.
Speaker 8: Bitch.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm, fuck around, find out, funk around in fact out tell me, goddamn.
Speaker 4: Be smode, be smode to tell me about your tour right now, Leslie.
Speaker 8: It's awesome.
Speaker 7: I'm on road. I'm on the road with Lenny Marcus. We just did Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, we did New York. New York was off the chain.
Speaker 8: I love touring. I love touring.
Speaker 7: I love going to the different places and performing. But you know what's so crazy is like my audience when I first started was like black was all black.
Speaker 8: They're all white now, which is hilarious because it's.
Speaker 7: Like like the people that I know, the old comedians that I know, they always yell at me because they'd be like, how come you're not putting me on the road to open up for you? And I was like, your act might not work with my audience now, which is the way out.
Speaker 8: It's way out for me to say that.
Speaker 7: It's like, can't do you have a versatile act because my act is like a lot of white people.
Speaker 6: How's what? What's that about? How did that? What what do you what do you make of that?
Speaker 7: I think it's SNL Ghostbusters. That type of ship brings brings out the yard, you know what I'm saying. So you know, and then I'm doing the daily show. SNL was really a beloved thing. People still think I'm on there, which is Larry's.
Speaker 4: So, Leslie, your happy Your happy spot is being on the road, getting getting in club big or small.
Speaker 5: That's your happy spot.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, when I get on the stage and grabbing Mike, no one can fuck with me there. It's like my own world, you know what I'm saying. But I have been getting into directing and writing my own projects. I'm going to direct a pick a Ball movie and uh me and Marshawn I would love for you to be in that. Oh my god, me and me and Larry Wilmore just sold the show to Universal where I'm going to be a coach. It's called Coach k It's sprung from the story where I used to be a coach. I used to be a coach coach little kids, and it's a really good story.
Speaker 4: So, oh my god, Leslie, Marshaun's all over that fucking that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Around with pickleball too.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: When I say this movie is so fucking good and I'm gonna be directing it, I would love for you to come in and do because I'm gonna have a I have a lot of cameos.
Speaker 8: Uh, Venus and Serena's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be in there.
Speaker 7: We got David Beckham, we got we got all kinds of it's just really a funny movie.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, and I'll tell you that.
Speaker 8: Yeah. But I would love for you to even be the coach on my television show.
Speaker 7: That would be kind of because it's gonna be in the school, okay, or you could be my brother or something like like, because the character is that it's like kind of close to what I am. You know, I used to I used to work for scientologists. That's I've done all kinds of crazy shit in my life to make money. So it's like kind of rained around that character. And I used to be a basketball player, but then I just turned into a hippie.
Speaker 8: It's it's really good. It's good. It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: All ship, not so ship, all right, cool well ship. They're got my agent right there, so yeah that we still got work even after work.
Speaker 5: Yes, we do no's.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Leslie, it's so amazing you and Marshaan are like cut from the same cloth. It's incredible in terms of your mindset and his No, Doug.
Speaker 6: I was Doug. I was sick of the same thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, these guys just pure authenticity, right, just this just being yourself.
Speaker 6: Not no pretend that.
Speaker 7: Most black people, most black people and most black women are like that.
Speaker 8: It's just you know, how much what level you want to stand them at?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but blessed, blessed.
Speaker 4: The difference though, in sports is that people got to play the game and and and to whether it's to the commissioner, to the coach, to the whoever.
Speaker 5: Marshawn never played the game, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: And that's why I love about him when he don't answer the questions and ship. I love it because I've always played from the field of that. I'm the quarterback getting recruited, so I always have to, you know, still be good and still be cordial with my fuckers. But whenever I see Marshawn do some shit, I'll be like when he being when he was in the UH press conferences.
Speaker 8: Oh god, I used to be like, I fucking love this motherfucker.
Speaker 7: Because when we did Ghostbusters, the press is really fucked up. So we were in London doing the press and this guy sat down. This was the first time that I ever showed my ass. This guy sat down from Germany and he was like, I'm going to write a bad article about this movie, so.
Speaker 8: Tell me why I shouldn't.
Speaker 7: So I got up and I locked the door and I said, now you can't get out.
Speaker 8: So when I say I.
Speaker 7: Tore his motherfucking that motherfucker thought I was hitler. When I was finished with him, Yo, real talk like don't fucking bring your punk cast and this motherfucking think you finna talk to me crazy like, and I had to be talked to by a publicists.
Speaker 8: I had to be talked to. I had you can't do that.
Speaker 7: You can't do why why they can do that to me? And I can't do that to them. But when I saw my shy be like fuck you, Like, oh God, I was like I want to be him.
Speaker 1: You did, You're right, you took that ship to another level.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, man, they get so comfortable in that ship and just thinks because they got a microphone and the badge to come in there and they talk to you.
Speaker 7: Oh we got the first the stick in and we get to the and you and the the thood that don't mean you paint your show?
Speaker 8: Ask what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mother, Yeah, I don't know that. And I bet you, I bet you his career has changed. I bet that motherfuckering wrote a negative article.
Speaker 8: I I bet you that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You give me my mother show.
Speaker 7: Before before, like even even before this, my assistant was like, what are you gonna ask me?
Speaker 8: I was like, I said, to ask them about that bitch shoes, Like do you even know what the bill is?
Speaker 2: I say no, but you know what that is, and don't worry for me. And Doug gonna be right there telling getting get him, get him.
Speaker 7: Yeah you know. And then the older I get and the more conscious I get, the more don't give a fuck I have. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's like it's like right now and I hate to say, y'all growing you and and uh your your I don't your name.
Speaker 3: Dood doug Yeah fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh.
Speaker 6: Dougie Fresh.
Speaker 8: He's not Dougie Fresh.
Speaker 7: There's only one Dougie Fresh. Stop it now don't get to don't get beside yourself. Don't get beside yourself.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's just like I'm hurting right now.
Speaker 8: I hurt fresh.
Speaker 1: We usually always got something.
Speaker 5: To say to what's what you're doing for I'm hurt right now.
Speaker 7: I think that black women are very I think it's hard to say this. See, I think black women are the root of all of us.
Speaker 8: I really do believe that.
Speaker 7: And I think you white men know it too. And you know, because we raised you motherfuckers. You know, my ancestors raised a lot of your ancestors.
Speaker 8: He was on he was on my tit.
Speaker 7: No, I'm being real fucking honest right now, And I think that I think that that's what white men are scared of black women about, because I think that we're the ones that can discipline you.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 8: It may.
Speaker 6: It's very resonant with me.
Speaker 8: Why you only see Jamaican nannies?
Speaker 7: Huh? Why you only see that because they getting that us. It's just I feel like white men are very scared of black women. I think y'all are. And I think that's what the problem is with Kamala right now, is that they feel like that she's gonna come on and do some shit. I think that is the biggest fear too for white people, is that y'all think that all the other race are going to do to y'all what y'all did to us. And listen, I'm going deep, Marshaun Ain't saying shit. I'm going deep because I just really need this message to get out. I really the tenderness of a black of black people. I swear black.
Speaker 8: Women just want to heal. We just want to heal the nation.
Speaker 7: I'm my grandmother, my aunt, all of them, even all the stuff that happens to them, they're always to the root of less love, like just give love out, give love out. And I think that that's where we are right now. I think that we need a strong woman to come and say, hey, listen, I know shit has been sad, I know shit has been fucked up. Let's work together to get this shit back on track. And we are moving towards the future. We are changing and we're developing into better people. And we have to teach the people who don't want to move with us that it's okay to move because those.
Speaker 8: People have feelings.
Speaker 7: You know, a lot of those trumpers and shit really just believe in I just don't want to be poor no more, or whatever it is that they believe.
Speaker 8: There are some racists.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that they're not, but I always believe in the thing of hurt people, hurt people.
Speaker 4: You know, Hey, lesl Leie me asked a question, as you travel through Middle America on your tour and you see people every day at the coffee shops, bars, your clubs, whatever, where do you think we're at right now with thirty days left, thirty five days left, because we're in the back, do you think we're in a battle?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I really was thinking that we was because we saw the people that came forward, you know, that came forward to that's going.
Speaker 8: To support This is the thing that scares me that they are not scared.
Speaker 7: I can't explain it. Trump is still being crazy, like JD. Vince is still saying crazy. It's almost like they don't care.
Speaker 6: Because they've doubled down on crazy. I mean, they're doubling down every day.
Speaker 7: My thing is is that crazy does that they're not scared. So I feel like there's another plan going on, and I'm very scared that if we do win, that they're going to do some other crazy shit, So that scares me. I think that we could win it. I think that we are in the back. I think most of the country wants gun laws, most of the country wants women's rights, most of the country want people their children to be safe in school. Most of the country believes that shit. But I think that there's a big part of the country that is just very confused, hurt, scary, racist, whatever. And I'm scared that Trump has come in and changed so much stuff that he could make it hard for whatever's going to happen for this election. I'm scared of the Supreme Court, which definitely should be refused. I'm so scared of all this obvious shit that's happening that we are just like, Okay. For example, you remember when the Rodney King shit happened and they had the video and everybody was like, oh, and we're like, this is a video, bitch, you're right here. It's almost like the shit is happening in front of us, and we're still like, no, that's not what it is, and it is or either we're still stuck in that. They can't do that.
Speaker 8: We're still stuck in that mold. Instead of they doing that we need.
Speaker 7: To do something like It's that's what's scary to me, that we're not gonna fight back if some shit happens. It's scary to me that I look at shit like Handmate's tail and all of that and go, God damn, we're real close to that ship. We're real close to that ship, and that shits scary to me because let me tell you, I'm gonna be the first one to get shot because I'm That's the first thing I'm gonna say is fuck you.
Speaker 8: I ain't fit about that's me. That's me.
Speaker 7: I'm dead in the first five minutes. I'm not going to no fields. I'm not gonna be nobody nanny, I know.
Speaker 3: And the only thing that could stop that from happening is everyone listening. Get out and vote, vote your conscience, vote to people, and vote for Marshawn lynch Is mayor of Oakland and Leslie Jones as leader of the world.
Speaker 7: No, but I really know it gets me when I see people like you, Gavin. I know that a lot of people give you a lot of hard times and ship, but I do really feel like you do have the heart of of of trying.
Speaker 8: To fix ship that's going on. I really do feel that from bless you. You know what I'm saying, and I hope.
Speaker 3: That you you know, continue, thank you, well you know what we We wish we could continue, but we are past our time.
Speaker 6: The one and only lets the Jones. This has been a hell of a ride. This was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Fact.
Speaker 8: Don't nothing for.
Speaker 4: No, Leslie, Leslie, you got you got invites everything we do all the time.
Speaker 6: And if Marshaun is out there playing Jesus, thank god.
Speaker 1: Damn show up and show the fun out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was awesome, But Leslie, less your real talk. I love your attitude, dude, I love your attitude, love your mindset, I love your energy. I love everything about you always have and get a chance to meet you now you are the real deal, one of one.
Speaker 5: Uh believable story.
Speaker 4: And we know we definitely have to do this again to get together and break some bread whatever you have it uh and uh and all that.
Speaker 5: But it has been a place, she.
Speaker 1: Told you with people like you.
Speaker 8: Was somebody cute.
Speaker 6: Might break the little out of your cousins too, I might.
Speaker 7: I might be a little British, a little British, you know, ad, And I'm Dougie Fresh Im not gonna do that, Dougie, Like, how dare you? I know, Dougie Fresh, you are not hire.
Speaker 5: Killing me right down more, Sean we we where you.
Speaker 8: Fight at dog, You ain't got no fight with me, Marshaw starter.
Speaker 2: Hey, doug I'm gonna tell you like this. She got unlimited fouls, so you better be curveful.
Speaker 8: Yes, I five files, five fouls. Look how big my hand is.
Speaker 7: My daddy told me I was a big bitching when I was in the sixth grade. He said, when you when you hit other people, it's wrong.
Speaker 8: It's wrong.
Speaker 1: Hard. Thank you, Thank you, Mama. I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Thank y'all so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your presence, Mama.
Speaker 8: Thank you for letting me be on here. It was so fucking fun, so cute.
Speaker 7: All god shine, You're so real.
Speaker 8: Donkey you cool.
Speaker 6: Sea.
Speaker 8: I see y'all later.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mama, Bye baby,