Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arms Strong and Jack Katie and no Key.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: Frontier Airlines announced last week that it will add first class seating, but don't get too excited at Frontier, that just means oxygen masks. The Transportation Department announced last week that it will look into a new rule that would require airlines to compensate passengers for delays and rebook them for free on later flights home, while Southwest will just start forwarding your mail.
Speaker 1: So you flew the other day, Katie, and you said you had some complaints. We're going to bring up on the podcast. We haven't yet. What was your There a short version of this or do you need the whole podcast for that?
Speaker 4: I don't need the whole podcast, but it's it's a little bit of a long story. It was like, well, if you want it now, I can give it to you now. I was flying to visit my parents in Boise. So I flew out of Sacramento and was headed to Boise, where dense fog is common. We were fifty feet off the ground and all of a sudden, I just feel the plane start to go right back up. So we were about to land, and then we just start going right back up. Mind you, the entire time this is happening, the woman sitting next to me is hammer drunk, oh boy, hammer.
Speaker 1: And talking like this, leaning over my lap. She put her drink on my tray table. I was ready. It was it was. It was above and beyond.
Speaker 2: And happy, drunk, chatty, drunk, caty, drunk, chatty, drunk, singing at the top of her lungs with her headphones in drunk wow.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: When the when the flight attendant came by to take all the trash, you know, before they land, she wouldn't give him her cocktail because.
Speaker 1: She wasn't done yet, right and uh so was drink or drink of choice? It was?
Speaker 4: It was some I don't know, it was hard liquor, but it was not something I was fast.
Speaker 1: Eddie is that's I.
Speaker 2: Don't Oh that's a deep Eddie vodka.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, I think it was Eddie vodka something like that. So I get to enjoy more time with this woman because we went back up into the sky and the flight attendant comes on over and says.
Speaker 1: We saw some unexpected fog.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to go refuel in Eugene, Oregon, which is yeah, it's forty five minutes to an hour in the opposite direction of where I'm trying to get.
Speaker 1: So we adventure that way.
Speaker 4: Uh, no more beverages, no water, no snacks, no alcohol because it was all gone.
Speaker 1: Apparently you could have landed where you were a celebrity because we're on kug y. N Oh, we did land and we sat there for an hour and many letters won too many letters, k there you go. So yeah, we sat there for about an hour and a half they.
Speaker 4: Quote unquote refuel and a half, yeah, because they had to wait.
Speaker 1: For the fuel person to get there.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, this woman, it's like the alcohol was just really starting to seep into our system because it was getting worse and worse.
Speaker 2: You know, I got to rewind just briefly, so you were you were within fifty feet of land. That sucks, but but there wasn't enough fuel to circle a couple of times.
Speaker 4: See I'm calling bull s on this one because when we landed in Eugene.
Speaker 1: So you think the pilot's got a side piece in Oregon? Is what you're thinking?
Speaker 4: I think that the pilot who just so happened to be a she could not land the plane in the.
Speaker 1: Fog and freaked out.
Speaker 4: What I think because there were a lot of apologies going on as she was leaving the plane, and then a new pilot came on.
Speaker 1: She had ad appointment in Eugene, as I so charmingly heard that term for the first time the other day, she she had what ad appointment? I'm using abbreviation, but I heard somebody use that term in casual conversation like that's a thing. Maybe it's a thing with the young people. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was to get some loving from a fella. Is that? Oh lord?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was gonna go.
Speaker 2: Get the d D. Close your eyes and set this jumbo down. All right, we're close enough, we appear to be close to Boise.
Speaker 1: Let's this is what you gotta say. You gotta say. We're gonna give you the option. We'll be fifty feet off the ground if you want to roll out the door and just take your chances. Otherwise we're going to Eugene. So im I want to jump out and just o't roll for a while. I'll be okay, and then I'll get up on my feet, does myself off. When we were sitting there, I've never come.
Speaker 4: So close to pulling the emergency hatch and just going down that slide, I was, I was over it.
Speaker 1: Did they keep you on the plane the whole time? Yep, that's the part that I understand. And Tim Sanders and I talked about airlines last time he was on. His whole thing was they're the safest they've ever ben And I'm my argument is make them this much less safe since I'm not the least bit worried about them crashing. If it's going to improve, uh the whole airline thing and the current system they've got where they don't get dinged for uh late takeoffs or landings or this sort of stuff. If they keep you on the plane is a bad system. Let me off the freaking plain. I understand things happen sometime, but let me off the damn plane. But keeping you on the plane is torture. H Yeah.
Speaker 4: And after the fiasco, we were sitting on the on the tarmac waiting to take off again. They get us refueled, We get in the air and the drunk woman she had fallen.
Speaker 1: Asleep for a little bit so I thought we were safe. She woke back up as a as a lifelong drunk, that is the worst. Once you've yeah, yeah, you had your you had your your buzz going. You'd peaked it just for landing, and then you're gonna keep it going where and you get home or whatever, and it's now, it's now, it's now, you're past the side where it's just you feel sick and your head hurts, and oh that's the worst.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I thought that it was over, but she woke up peaked. She was still right all the way in it.
Speaker 4: She asked me if we were in Boise about three hundred and eighty six times, and then she put her headphones back in and for seated to wrap and drop thirteen n bombs.
Speaker 2: Wow, no, yeoh was this a person poc or was it a cool Nope?
Speaker 1: She was just a white brunette lady.
Speaker 2: How old boy that's bold.
Speaker 4: Mid forties maybe, And she had you know, the claw nails and she was clicking them.
Speaker 2: The whole time, and I just never do that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was awesome, just you doing that there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we landed and I promised everyone that I love that I'm taking horseback whenever I trapple ever, whatever it takes, all.
Speaker 1: Those things that you mentioned about her, I think the clicking the nails is the one that would have driven me to she was.
Speaker 4: She was just everything awful, trying to look on an emergency door so I can be arrested by the TSA just to get away from her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I find the wrapping along and dropping in bombs to be quite extraordinary. What were the other passengers doing?
Speaker 1: The guy in front of us was black. I was like, oh, wow, is this gonna be Wow? Did he ever turn around, like, yo, what's the deal here?
Speaker 2: He turned around and.
Speaker 4: Looked at her like each time that it happened, but didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Wow. That's because he was probably a reasonable song, said trunk idiot. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I saw.
Speaker 4: I thought she was going to get us deep planed and Eugene though, you know, they one person acts up and then they get everybody off the plane and it turns into old I thought that was coming to well.
Speaker 1: The air waitresses flying planes as they should know. I was going to say to the pilots, not know how miserable it is to be in a plane for an hour and a half when you could be walking around in an airport. I've done it for longer now. I did it for three hours once at Burbank. It's just it's just horrible sitting in everybody jammed in the summer. Oh yeah yeah, yeah, there's no fresh air in the line for the bathroom gets long, and the bathroom gets filled up and they won't they don't send the cart out usually.
Speaker 4: It's just it's horrible, full flight. Baby's crying the whole nine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all Oj said was ain't nobody leaving this room and they got him for kidnapping to keep you on a damn airplane for hours and say if you get off, we're gonna arrest you. Come on and again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got it's got to do with stupid regulations and rules that I just wish they would change so it didn't have to happen.
Speaker 2: I have the wrong incentives and disself, so I understand the logistics of completely unloading the plane and loading you again, trying to find everybody and make sure everybody is who they claim. You got to run the boarding passes again and all that stuff. I get it, but you got to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. Pete boot edge Edge is working on that right now, and I don't know how I feel about that, because it's in theory a free market where he could come, Heaton, but it doesn't seem to be barrier of entry. Is too expensive for for somebody to get in?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: I mean at some point you're not a free market because of that, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Boot Edge Edge edge Edge? They say, will he vanish from the national political landscape or is.
Speaker 1: He one of the rock stars to be nominee in twenty eight on what basis?
Speaker 2: He's a good because he's known and he's a pleasant looking fella.
Speaker 1: He's a he's a good talker, he's good in an interview and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Our politics is so stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, I have no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Boot Edge Edge, right edge Edge.
Speaker 1: Katie was this plain full. You couldn't moved. It was a one hundred percent full flight. Why don't almost every flight I'm on is very rarely I'm not on a flight that's not one hundre percent full anymore. Why don't more people drinkers bring on the little bottles? I know they make the announcement every time that you're not allowed to do that. How they're gonna catch me or a pepsi. I wait one minute for the person to walk go in im port my pepsi. Does that happen a lot among drinkers? I don't drink, so I don't know. Be a lot cheaper, sure, yeah, I don't. You can't get liquid through security, well, you a little. You'd have to buy it once you're inside the Yeah, but you can buy it when you're inside the whatever you call it, past.
Speaker 2: Security by there in the terminal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just of crimes that I don't have a moral problem with. That'd be one of them. If my passenger gets out a little bottle and pours it in their coke to save themselves eleven dollars on their drink, I don't care.
Speaker 2: No, I don't care, as long as they don't like start singing along and rapping and.
Speaker 1: Clicking your nails.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, that's so awful. I'm not awful. Try that.
Speaker 1: Try that for about five hours, guys. A couple of news things to update you on, like little news items maybe you haven't heard. South Korea continues to be interesting after their near call last week.
Speaker 2: It's getting cou cou cook here in my opinion, and a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of other stuff on the waist to hear.
Speaker 7: Home security cameras capture the crimes, but can't stop package thieves from growing.
Speaker 1: Boulder I Do consumer survey finds over the last year.
Speaker 7: Thieves stole at least fifty eight million packages delivered to US homes, crimes adding up to twelve billion dollars. That's inspired a new kind of insurance for ten dollars a month. Porch Pals says it'll cover three stolen items a year worth up to two thousand dollars each, or a free option. UPS will ship your packages to a local CVS store, while Amazon will send packages to your closest Whole Foods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a pain in the ass at all, but might be the only thing you can do, depending on the neighborhood you live in, and just my own personal experience with insurance on some of those shipping companies, good luck with that. They got like nine million reasons they're not going to cover whatever happened that the all.
Speaker 2: That you heard blah blah blah blah blah or more hangings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just make it such a punishment to get caught or keep people in jail. The sort of person that's going to steal self off your porch has probably committed lots of crimes in our life. You keep him in jail and then you don't have to worry about it anymore. There's that as an option also, or have a lock box on every front porch.
Speaker 2: You hate to have to have that. I mean, that's a sign of things gone on.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said last week, that could be just become a thing if we're all going to live this lifestyle that we have of having so much stuff shipped to us all the time.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: So in South Korea, the guy that advised the president to declare martial law and pull off a coup got thrown in jail and tried to kill himself last night, so it wasn't successful.
Speaker 2: He was the Minister of Defense. He was one of the highest ranking guys in the government.
Speaker 1: His idea was the coup, which didn't work out luckily for South Korea and I think for Western civilization probably, But yeah, he must not think his decision was so good at this point, apparently not knowing they're going to hold another impeachment vote.
Speaker 2: I think it's on Saturday, and this one might succeed. And they've the Minister of Justice or somebody told the president don't leave the country. You're not allowed to leave the country. So that's a hell of a situation that you talk about a constitutional crisis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say we are the world's oldest democracy and we're only a couple hundred years old. I am was reading another thing about the history of France the other day. I don't remember how it came up, but I mean, they haven't been a working democracy that long. It's hard to hang on to It ain't.
Speaker 2: Easy right right indeed, especially if you have, say a global adversary trying to ruin it for you. Chinese national arrested for photographing Vandenberg Space Force Base with drone. This is not the New Jersey drones. This is California drones. This guy was surveilling the Space Force base and then tried to get on a flight to China. Chinese national and a lawful permanent resident of the US arrested at San Francisco International Airport prior to his flight a few days ago. Cool.
Speaker 1: Well, not cool that he was surveilling US, but cool that he got caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but there are people like this all over the country. But yeah, we got to start arresting them and understand they're not innocent researchers and students, a lot of them.
Speaker 1: So even though the rebels now run Syria, they hadn't taken every town. And I guess they just took the oil rich city of deer Ezor, which I don't know that town, And now it's pretty beautiful this time of year. Every town of any sizes in the hands of the rebels who are promising Jewish, Muslim, Christian they're all here. We all want to live in peace and have a space now, which is a nice sentiment. An interesting side note to that, though in the nineteen forties Syria's Jewish community was forty thousand, there are an estimated three, not three, three hundred, but three. Good luck finding a Jew in Syria to find for an interview to ask them if they feel comfortable living there at this point.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow. One of the least covered stories of our lifetime is the giant five hundred and twenty page report put out by the Select Subcommittee on the coronavirus pandemic. Spent two years looking into the coronavirus the response to it. All of the facets of it and what worked didn't What was a good idea, what was a bad idea. It's remarkable how little coverage it is getting. Zero yeah, practically zero, including one of their major findings, quote unquote, science never justified the prolonged closure of schools during the coronavirus pandemic. Subcommittee concluded its investigation provide their five hundred and twenty page report detailing the massive failures committed throughout the pandemic, from mask in vaccine mandates to public health officials suppressing and dismissing narratives such as the reality of natural immunity that they did not like and that would not support their draconian policies.
Speaker 1: Man, I hope I never experienced anything like that again, where there is such a fever for some ideas that all logic goes out the window and horrible things are done like that, because it's right, it's scary, it's clearly human nature. It's happened in every civilization, sometimes leading to their downfall, and it was something to have lived through. I mean, oh my god, can't believe it. Just can't believe it even happened.
Speaker 2: So one major point of controversy throughout the pandemic was the so called science behind the prolonged school closures. As it turns out, as many have already known, there was none. Quote. A summary of the report reads, the science never justified prolonged school closures. They explained that children were not likely to contribute to the spread of the virus, were not likely to suffer from severe illness or mortality. Quote. Instead, as a result of school closures, children experienced hysteric historic learning loss, higher rates of psychological distress, and decreased physical wal well being.
Speaker 1: He left out the giants, But but the teachers unions were able to strong arm out of the government into the taxpayer billions and billions and billions and billions and billions and billions of dollars. And they care about that more than kids. Apparently armstrong and getty. How like Christmas cards and Christmas songs and give me wood? So is this Jesus' birthday turned somewhat into a gift giving holiday not related to Jesus? And then you put out a second a thirst trap song.
Speaker 2: What exactly what's going on here? Anyway? Santa is going to come down the chimney and really deliver huh uh?
Speaker 1: When last we left Joe Getty, he was telling us about this new COVID report that nobody will pay any attention to, even though it's incredibly important right Indeed, in one of the most powerful points is that there was no scientific basis for keeping the schools closed nearly, nearly nearly as long as we did. In fact, not at all.
Speaker 2: And they go back to the even in the early months in Wuhan, China, the results were known that children were not vectors and did not suffer from the disease very much at all. But and then they get into the really unholy part, which is what I want to talk about. The subcommittee found that the Biden administration CDC broke its own presidents and rules and provided a political teachers organization with access to its scientific school reopening guidance quote. Former CDC director Rachelle Wallenski asked the American Federation of Teachers to provide specific language for the guidance and even went so far as to accept numerous edits made by the AFT. The report itself states quote that many schools remained closed because of AFT and Miss Randy winingartens political interference into the CDC issuance of the Biden administration's first school reopening guidance entitled Operational Strategy for Kate through twelvesco go through phrase prevention blah blah blah, on February twelve, twenty twenty one. Ultimately, these subcommittee said these schools closures were simply not rooted in science, and what makes me insane about that? And Randy Winegarten, who we quoted who called her the most dangerous person in America, can't remember. It was somebody you know, we respect, and I think it's true. Here's the crazy part. Trump's nominee for Secretary of Labor, who's a true Rhino or Republican name only from Oregon, Lorie Chavez d Riemer is a close friend of Randy Winingarten, a close associate of the Teachers Union, and wants to make federal law outlaw all of the red state reforms that govern like public employee unions. She is a hardcore leftivist, leftist, union an activist hack and I don't know what she did to kiss Trump's butt, but she is not only a bad choice, she's a bizarre choice. She's against everything Elon Musk wants to do in the federal government or the Doge guys, the Doge brothers. She is hardcore against everything they want to do. I do not get this choice at all.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, team of rivals, team of people trying to actively sabotage your top policies.
Speaker 2: She won't make it. The Republican Senate will get word to Trump. Hey, I don't know how this chick fell into your favor, but get her back out again.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the Senate, we've got one of our favorite senators out there, John Fetterman, weighed in on the nut job killer of the United Healthcare CEO. Before we get to that, here's a couple of news reports around that whole Delio.
Speaker 5: Manjoni's case has become a cause, with admirers posting videos on Instagram. A social media profile gained hundreds of thousands of followers after his arrest, and the police department that arrested Manchoni has been threatened. His lawyer's office has been inundated with calls from people offering to pay his legal bills.
Speaker 8: It's not only in the digital world. We saw a lookalike contest in New York. People are selling things, or we're selling things with Manjoni's image on Etsy.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of an interesting angle. Some new information about the killer out today. Oh, let's hear him rant and Raven that little clip. This is him. He's being led from like the police van into the courthouse and he decides to do some screaming. He was kind of not walking in the way he was supposed to, and they jammed him up against the wall pretty hard, which I didn't have any problem with.
Speaker 2: Yelling about something being insult to the inteligence of the American whatever.
Speaker 1: Shut up anyway, More information from his notebook that he had in his backpack while he's sitting there at the McDonald's with his mask down eating his ash browns, which is how he got caught. He had to pull down his mask to eat. That's simple science right there. And some people saw him say it looks like the guy from the shooter, guy from the Starbucks, doesn't it the hostel? And you know how that all went down. Inside his backpack, he's got the gun, he's got a cell phone, and he's got some sort of sophisticated blocking device that keeps you from tracking the cell phone. So that that's why I think the guy's some sort of crazy I mean cause he was, you know, got to come up with this batman style, hides my cell phone so the FEDS can't follow me around. Meanwhile, I'll sit here to McDonald's being one of the most famous, notorious people in America in the middle of the day. I just I don't know if that all fits together. Well, that's why certain people think he's a fake. At Patsy forgot that. Yeah, that's a big that's a big thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Go on Twitter and search Luigi Patsy and follow all the threads from lots of people, included people he may have heard of. We think it's clearly a setup, all right. They also released today that his fingerprints match, so of course that's part of the deep state.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they took the fingers off of an inmate and planted them on this guy's hand to make him a better Patsy.
Speaker 1: So CNN got a hold of stuff of some of the stuff that was in his handwritten notebook, his to do list of tasks before he went about murdering an innocent man in cold blood. One of the things he wrote in there man killing the CEO at his own bean counting conference. Nothing could be better and noted that a bomb would kill innocence, so I should better go with a gun than a bomb. Interesting that he's like journaling about this stuff. There's one other thing I wanted to get on here, thought that was interesting. Blah blah blah bah. The alleged manifesto included raging remarks about the parasitic health insurance companies and express disdain for corporate greed and power. He allegedly also wrote that the US has the most expensive healthcare system in the world and that profits of major corporations are rising while a life expectancy is not. Then, he writes to the FEDS, I'll keep this short because I do respect what you do for our country. To save you a lengthy investigation, I state plainly that I wasn't working with anyone. Interesting He, up until days before he went to New York had been living in a apartment slash condo in Honolulu, Hawaii, one thousand square feet four thousand dollars a month. Not clear how that was being paid for what he was doing at that time. Well, he had eight k in cash when they arrested him, too. Oh, let's play the tape of his roommatee. Sure this is not really relevant, but I thought was darkly funny in a way.
Speaker 2: Thirty six Michael. Sorry, he did let.
Speaker 9: Me know that the severity of his back issue was such that it was very difficult to have physical relationships with women, that it made things painful.
Speaker 2: I admit, funny. I think that's been edited because I saw that raw clip and he like hemmed and hawed, Uh it too, well, it was painful to have sex. Dude, just say it's okay, you can just say have sex?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Was he hemming and haweing over the idea of him having relationships with women? I assumed the guy was gay or is gay, and that his roommate was gay. I was just assuming that. I was so assuming that that I thought that I knew that. But I don't think I do know that.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're you're you're outing the guy now or something. I don't super fit.
Speaker 1: I don't he just fits all the I don't know, just came off as a gate. It doesn't matter talking now, what doesn't make any gone down road?
Speaker 2: Why around weird cliches? I don't know what sort of bigotrees ready to spill out of your filthy mouths.
Speaker 1: Is being super fit bigotry. But John Fetterman, Senator from Pennsylvania, is asked about the whole Luigi being a folk hero thing and said, yesterday, he's the a hole, except he says the whole world, he's the a hole that's going to die in prison. Congratulations. If you want to celebrate that a sewer is going to sewer. That's what social media is about this. And I don't know why the media wants to turn that into a story. Just with these trolls saying these kinds of things anonymously like that, I don't know why that's news. Remember, he has two children, back to the guy that got murdered, he has two children that are going to grow up without their father. It's vile. And if you've gotten someone down that you don't happen to agree with their views or their business that they're in, Hey, you know what, guess what. I'm next. They're next, He's next, She's next, which is of.
Speaker 2: Course John and if you need him, yeah, yeah, so true. You know, maybe there's no way.
Speaker 1: I don't care how smart you think you are, you can't come up with a worldview where vigilantes selectively get to assassinate people and have a society function. It's impossible, right right to.
Speaker 2: What extent are these many questions we've asked about society and social media, and Bubba answered by, look, fifteen percent of humanities here adeemable. Just live with it. They're scumbags, they have scumbag ideas. They're a moral, immoral, or too dopey to come up with any sort of moral code for themselves. They say filthy, terrible, idiotic things. Just deal with it. I mean, all these, even somebody who's ostensibly intelligent, like Taylor Lorenz, who is a moral monster. She's an awful human being. She's part of that fifteen percent. I guess keep them away from May, shipped them off to desert islands. I don't know, but so many things we talk about are answered by yeah, about fifteen percent of humanity.
Speaker 1: This sucks, well, this particular crowd.
Speaker 2: And I picked that number out of nowhere. Maybe it's fifty. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about this based on something Charles cw. A Cook of National Review wrote about his least favorite kind of person that thinks they're smarter than everybody else. Well, you know, half of people are smarter than everybody else. The old joke is, remember half the country's below average intelligence. Remember that, but half the country is above average intelligence. So it's not just that, but it's that particular kind of I'm smarter than everybody else, I'm smarter than the system, I'm smarter than society. There's some aspect of that, and I've known a few of those people.
Speaker 2: They're scary, yes, well, and they often have as like the cousin their brother emotion, the fact that their anger is so legitimate and so righteous it justifies virtually anything.
Speaker 1: Our old producer Dominic had that view, kind of the the you know, the only stupid people followed the rules. He was just, you know, I'm smarter than the system, I'm smarter than society. That crowd, and clearly this Luigi guy was the same sort of guy. You know, I see through the all of everything and get it in a way that all you regular people don't.
Speaker 2: Those people are scary, Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: At least he's going to be in prison the rest of his life. We will finish strong next.
Speaker 2: Thomas Hornel's a brit He he's involved in writing about business and helping entrepreneurs and stuff like that, and he just spent ten days in the USA for Business and he wrote something really really interesting. And I read this not to like brag about the US exactly, but to remind us to be that he said, I discovered the ocean between US isn't all it's mindset. Here are seven uncomfortable truths. One financial openness. Americans freely discuss salaries, deals, revenue. Brits are guarded and awkward on money matters.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, interesting, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Number two belief and possibility. Discuss big plans in America, people say why not in the UK? Why bother? One culture expands the other stifles. Three Rising tide mentality. Americans celebrate wins with genuine, infectious enthusiasm. It's all let's go high five celebrations. BRIT's tut cringe with impotent envy and think, who does he think he is? One attitude lifts all boats, the other sinks them. I think there is a lot of the politics of env in the US that's creeping in, Like we demonize people who become successful. It used to be in the culture people really admired it. Well, the only thing on my mind is how did Great Britain end up here? What did they do exactly exactly. Point number four learning focus, every win, shared, trigger fired, rapid questions, what worked? How'd you do it? Can you teach me? Can you show me? American study success BRIT's suspect it. Number five risk tolerance. Failure in America is proof you took a big swing and missed. This time in the UK, it's like a generational stain. We tried scrubbing off quietly behind closed doors, No wonder America's scales well, Britain stagnates. That really gives a couple of examples. Yeah, yeah, I love that idea. Though of failure in america's proof you took a big swing and missed. I've met so many people who said, and then I went broke, but then we and I think that's great even if you don't have a comeback.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't knock anybody who like, tried to open a restaurant and didn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, you tried the speed of execution. In the USA, the attitude is let's make it happen, jump on a call, refer through networks, action first mentality. In the UK, let's be realistic. List all problems, first worst case scenarios. Every reason not to try. They ship away while we shuffle, and then the final I think it's fine. Yeah, the final point follow the money. Britain will lose nearly ten thousand millionaires this year. The US is forecast to gain nearly four thousand capital flows where it's respected, not resented.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the only thing on my mind through that is how did Great Britain end up there? Because they weren't. They were the economic powerhouse of the world for a very long time. Does taxation reach your point where people are like, what's the point?
Speaker 2: Post WW two devastation socialism took hold because everybody was so down and out and what was necessary at the time then led to all of the inevitable results of socialism, the shared misery of not achieving.
Speaker 6: This final thoughts, news soon, well your comments and yes, closure all the show.
Speaker 1: Here's yours for final thoughts. Joe Getty, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crewid wrap things up for the day. Michael Angelow lead us off. This was my interaction yesterday with a Target employee at the cash register. I said, Hey, happy holidays, how are you? I'm fine? You know, could I have a bag. I guess.
Speaker 4: So I'm thinking that they're getting beaten down with only two minutes or two weeks away from Christmas.
Speaker 2: It reminds me I keep going to bring up Target is abandoned. I'm sorry Walmart is abandoning their DEI programs. Good for them. Katie Greener esteemed Newswan as a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 4: I saw this earlier, and I think it's brilliant. How to politely tell someone they're stupid. Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been found.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Jack. Final thought, breaking news Donald Junior has broken up with Kimberly Gilfoyle newsome full team coverage next hour or not on next hour like father, like son. Perhaps decided he want to be a younger model. Or maybe too many facelifts and he's starting to get frightened at night. Or she seems like a long day. It's hard to say. It could be any of those things.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, you have many theories. Maybe you can do a podcast on it. My final thought worked out in the gym yesterday, strained my shoulder. Now I can do nothing. I'm in terrible pain. The gym is too dangerous. I've never been injured on the couch. Her choice is clear.
Speaker 1: He's like my son. I'm starting to getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people thanks so a little time good Armstrong and Getty dot com. It's probably around the last day to get some great ang swag Californians against Caliucornia t shirt.
Speaker 1: See them on God Bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: What a personal privilege. That didn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: I just didn't. Are you so a little too much? Dotty dots?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's go out with a bang. Shoot, damn, I'm a woman. Now, I'm a woman. Did you hear that? God?
Speaker 1: You are not a fetching broad?
Speaker 2: That was a little blunt. I feel pretty well good.
Speaker 1: Everyone should that I note.
Speaker 2: Thanks you all very much, Armstrong and Getty