Speaker 1: Gods the stage, lay Cracker, bring.
Speaker 2: We will sue you to the corner. Welcome to hang out. Thursday, August eleventh, New day on the Just Baseball Show. New background for both Peter Apple and arm Laden Arm and I just got down recording to call up. Now Peter and I are recording the Just Baseball Show. You guys are using the same background because you are at Just Baseball's new offices, and it's not like you guys are in a basement. You guys are on the twentieth floor.
Speaker 3: That's sick thirty eighth Street, eighth Avenue.
Speaker 2: Just Baseball.
Speaker 3: For all those on YouTube, check out the graph I'm making with my hand.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's going up?
Speaker 3: He answers, redline up. Also shout out den of Geek. We're also in their offices too. We split it with them, our media partner here at Just Baseball. They're phenomenal. That's why you see some funkos. That's why you see a little bit of Marvel. Go check out denogeek dot com. One of our favorite people to work with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love the you know the index, Jen and Pete? How about Mark Wright? How about all of them?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 2: Chris Longo are duco stud Koby Olsen also fully employed. Like he gets benefits I think from den of Geek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't need guy's rolling in health insurance right now, rolling in it. He could go to the dentist once a week if you wanted to.
Speaker 2: What an asshole I want he should do that just to show off. Yeah, benefits you guys. Whatever, what we're gonna do. We're gonna walk through a surprise for each team, and we're gonna go pretty rapid fire through that. It's just a guy that we've been really impressed by because you know, like I feel like we've done a lot of negative commentary on some teams recently. We're kind of due for a scrubbing. We're due to like burn some sage and just say positive things about thirty people. So I've got the NL, Peter's got the AL But first, I'm still buzzing about that Mariner's Yankees game on Tuesday Night, thirteen innings, the Mariners walk it off one nothing. That was Luis Castiover's Garrett Cole Part two. Part one, Luis Castillo took the Hill in the Bronx already up six to nothing. Part two was as advertised that was an ace off Andres Munoz had a dick on the table. Ninth inning for Seattle, Matt Brash shut it down where all As Chapman looked good. That really really felt like I was watching it and I could see the breath of these guys like that felt like cold weather, late October baseball.
Speaker 3: I think you are exactly right. But the Yankee had so many opportunities to put runs across the board and they did not. One of the worst base running performances I've seen by a team maybe this year. I mean the Yankees, it felt like, made six to seven outs on the bases that could have resulted in runs. Should the Yankees have won, probably, but it's baseball, and the Mariners won, And that just goes to show that the Mariners are truly a playoff caliber team when you can go and face the Yankees with Garrett Cole on the bump and you have an ace to be on the same side and be pretty much better than him. And on that front, if the Yankees play the Mariners in any of these series, Let's say the Mariners make it out of the Wild Card, they should go in fully confident that they can bang with the Yankees. They've proved it during the regular season, they've proved it in that ace off, and the Mariners are legit. Yankees, You're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Can I just say that the bullpens before Jonathan Lewizaga in the thirteenth combined for eight no hit innings or eight one hit innings pardon because Chappin allowed to hit. The Yankees had three hits, all three were singles in that game. Looking at the Mariners, Luis Castillo eight innings, three hits, seven punch outs, Andres Muno struck out the side in order in the ninth. In the tenth, Paul Seawold a one two three inning with a punch out, Matthew Festa in the eleventh a one two three inning, and then Matt Brash two hitless innings with three punch outs. That bullpen, like we talk often about the improvements that they made with Castillo. You know, we even talk about au Hineo Suarez a good bit because he's turned into a really solid power bat for them. But a guy popping up like Festa, a guy having the type of year like Seawald is having, Andres Munoz who felt like a throw in in the Austin Nola deal with ty frant and Tremall.
Speaker 3: Dude is just Edwin Diaz two point zero, a young version of him. It seems like on the on the Mariners, he blows cheese and he's got the same sort of breaking ball. Is he Edwin Diaz? Not, of course, not relax Mets fans, but he looks like a young version of him, and the Mariners had that young version in Edwin Diaz. He's on the fast track to being one of the better relievers in the sport.
Speaker 2: He is absolutely incredible. So that game was awesome, and no timely hitting certainly helped the cause. But I am a sucker for the low scoring games. I know a lot of people like offense, A lot of people like the long balls, and I like offense too. I like when offenses are clicking, but games like this. There are some really enjoyable nine to eight games in the postseason, but I feel like the most enjoyable games in the regular season are not nine to eight. They're one nothing at thirteen in eights. That's why we're baseball freaks, because we would rather watch one zero game. I mean, I'm aware of about prize picks, Hat Shutout prize picks. Use Just Baseball if you'd like to download play Daily Fantasy hosting a Twitter space every day at five pm. Dude, it's gone.
Speaker 3: That's what they call me, mister corporate on a lot of these spaces because I you know, I use our code. Might as well use our code if you want to full deposit match, might as well. But one of my favorite bets of the year. You know, we even tracked them last year. Unders were my most profitable because I target the pitchers. You know, I like a game that lacks offense, and I target those because everybody usually likes overs. So what I'm saying is we're the baseball freaks where we'd rather enjoy some of this. But I have to say there's nobody on the East Coasts for the Yankees who enjoyed that game last night. I don't care who you are, because there's just no way. It was good to see Garrett Cole turn into seven inning, four hit, no run, eight K type performance, But to stay up till three in the morning just to see a base hit loss is not what Yankee fans signed up for, and especially when it's at two thirty in the morning. West Coast baseball not ideal, but for West Coast fans of the Mariners as about as ideal as it gets.
Speaker 2: That's why we love this sport in I mean, we love it because but like it rips our heart out as fans, you know what I mean. It is such a ruthless sport and it makes you stay up until two thirty in the morning to watch a four and a half hour game, and it like the beauty is you come back and you've got another game at four to ten the next day. It is awesome. This sport is is awesome in that regard. One more thing before we get to our surprise on each team. We've got the Field of Dreams game coming up tonight. That's the Cubs in Reds and Dyersville, Iowa. And I remember why you're looking at me like that, isn't it Friday? No, it's Thursday.
Speaker 3: It is Thursday. Yes, sue me. I'm not a real baseball guy, just not a real baseball guy. What I will say is Drew Smiley and Nick Lidolo being the pitching matchup is objectively hilarious in Iowa because if we had, I like, I can't think of.
Speaker 2: A better one. You've just got two lanky load of mid nineties left handers that like might get some strikeouts, but for the most part, it's ground balls and fly balls, and there will probably be a couple of balls hit into the corn. The reason I bring this game up is because last year, and this is one of the very few times we've ever done this, I had a game that night. I think you had another obligation that night, and we were both going to be watching the Field of Dreams game passively. But before any of this happened, just watching the build up to White Sox Yankees, We're like, oh, this is going to under deliver, you know, Like Field of Dreams. It was a fine movie, but I don't know how I can live up.
Speaker 3: To the hype.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the game was great, but the theater and the presentation that Fox put on proved us so ridiculously wrong that I got back. Yes, if I got.
Speaker 3: Back, I did like it. I did like it a lot more than I thought I would, But I still didn't love it, because I'm not the biggest fan of that movie. But to your point, it did surprise me how much I liked it versus what I thought going in.
Speaker 2: Yes, it surprised both of us to the point where I got back from my game at like twelve thirty that night, right after Ta hit the walk off home run, and I recorded something. I recorded like thirty sec. I recorded a thirty second disclaimer saying, like we fucked up. We were so wrong about this. This was awesome. Disregard ten minutes of commentary about the Field of Dreams game before we even watched the Field of Dreams game, so that even though it's Drew Smiley and Nick Lidolo, I am going to watch the shit out of that game.
Speaker 3: I'm going to watch the shit out of it. Not because of those pitchers, although Nick Lidolo is incredibly fascinating as a left hander, but Manfred's overnighting juice balls over to the Futures game. Combine that with the corn humidity. ARM and I were talking about that just an hour ago, about the cornfields. How that adds a little extra juice in there. There will be balls of fly in at the Futures game.
Speaker 2: Right the Field of Dreams game.
Speaker 3: What did I say, Field of Truth game. I'm in my prospect arm and I were just talking prospects as well. From the futures game. I got a little different hats on, but prijepects is the hat I'm currently wearing. US coaches Baseball God.
Speaker 2: Corporate, You're ridiculous. All right, let's get into the surprises again. One surprise every team ALE or NL.
Speaker 3: First, let's go with the AL.
Speaker 2: Why now First, Okay, you're gonna lead us through the AL. I'm gonna lead us through the NL. We're gonna go pretty rapid, fire man. I mean, it's gonna be like, you know, you name the guy sentence I give you, you know, not even a rebuttal, just like, hey, he's been really good, and then we move on.
Speaker 3: He's been really good. And also another disclaimer. I came in with the ALE, he came in with the NL, so there could be slight disagreements, but I feel like we're pretty we're hand in hand in some of a lot of these things. I usually start with the ALE East. I'm gonna start with the AL West this time. Let's say, whoa dude. I know, I'm throwing us off a little bit, making Yankee fans weight, making oriole fans the hottest team in baseball. Waight, yeah, Astros, I'm going with Christian Javier. He's earned it third in starter era on the Astros that includes Justin Berlander and Framber Valdez, but he leads all of the Houston Ashros starters in strikeouts per nine innings. Christian Xavier in his three point one four era has not only proved me definitely wrong, but he has been just one of the better pitchers in the American League overall.
Speaker 2: Is this you waving the white flag? Or do we have to wait until his fifteen year career is over.
Speaker 3: I I was talking about with Colby just an hour ago as well, we have to wait until the Hall of Fame ceremony for me really to wave the white flag because with Andrew ben attendee, I called it early and then he went on a really good road stand with the Yankees road trip. Christian Xavier, now that he's playing really well, I'm going to extend the timeline. And I feel like I'm being very fair, very fair.
Speaker 2: No, you're being super fair. So as soon as a guy goes over four, if you said they're going to suck, you know we can call it. Say hey, I told you. But when you say that a guy is not as good as you think yet he is putting together one of the better seasons among starting pitchers in the American League. We gotta wait, we got to see this thing through to the finish life.
Speaker 3: Put me on MLB Network. There we go, next one, next one, Seattle Mariners. We were just talking about him. Au Henny O Swarez. I think has been the biggest surprise. Remember when the big trade was for Jesse Winker. Au hen Swarez has been straight up better. He's walking at a twelve percent rate, one of the highest in his career besides that twenty twenty season, and he's tied for the team lead in home runs with Julio Rodriguez at eighteen. We still have pretty much two months left of the season. I think he's going to approach thirty home runs. He's been one of the Mariners' best hitters in a lineup that really does need him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the other argument could be made for ty France because I wasn't expecting ty France to do that, though I was, I was surprised by it. But I'm a little bit more surprised that a Henio Suarez is as good as he is, because again, he was an afterthought. He was a salary dump in that deal. He might have depleted the return. It was Williamson. They might have gotten more for a winker if they left Suarez out of the deal. But Suarez has been really good. I mean what, he's fourth among the Mariners in war I think too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's he's he had below the Mendoza line for the Reds. Last year. He was terrible. He's terrible, He's a salary dump, and now he's one of the better hitters on the Marions. To your point, though totally agree, like ty France is an honorable mention here. But I felt like at the beginning of the season we were all so pro ty France, like we've bet Arham has been pro Ty France. It seems like since he was on the Padres as a prospect, as a dude who just continues to hit, so we maybe we didn't imagine that he'd be one of the best overall first basement in baseball. But I think we all thought that he would be really good. That's the only reason I didn't Adam, Yeah, I understand. Moving on to the Texas Rangers and this one I was talking with Colby because you could say brock Burke who's been a phenomenal rookie reliever for them. But you could say Jonah him their catcher. But I think a lot of people thought he would take the next step. He's always been a great defender. But a one eighteen WRC plus for him. But I think the answer is clear here, Jack Martin Perez, are you kidding me? Remember when he was on the Red Sox and was an absolute afterthought and now he was an All Star, shoved in the All Star Game, and he's been one of the best pitchers in the American League this year. He's a full win better than any pitcher in terms of f War. He's the era leader in terms of starters on the Rangers. Martin Perez to just continues to say, f the numbers. I'm that guy.
Speaker 2: You've got no rebuttal For me, I have no rebuttal. I did not expect Martin Perez to be a good major league starting pitcher this year, and he's a great one.
Speaker 3: I almost laughed when they signed him Angels. This one is also pretty easy for me because he's been overall one of the best players on their team. Taylor Ward, the dude has been better in the WRC plus department than sho Hao Tani. He's been better in the f ward department if we're just talking hitting than sho Hao Tani. Borderline All Star. Been one of the bright spots on a really disappointing Angels team. But at least they found another guy. Also want to shout out Luis ran Hifo, who's been great as of late. But over the full season from April to August eleventh, Taylor Ward has been one of the better players on this team, probably the third overall best player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the team that has run out Andrew Velasquez for ninety eight games, who has an OPS that is four ninety Yeah, that's incredible. Taylor Ward is performing well. And I think that a lot of people thought that Taylor Wood was going to be good this year. Nobody thought that Taylor Wood was going to do this this year. They thought it was gonna be Marsha n Adell and Taylor Ward might be that fourth outfielder and he would be good. He would solidify a spot on the bench. Taylor Ward has now solidified a spot in the lineup every day dude.
Speaker 3: The Angels next year with Mike troutcho Oh Tawny, Taylor ward.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be great. They're gonna be so good, coolproof. There's no shot they missed the postseason.
Speaker 3: God damn it. I hate that team all right. I lost all my buddy of them too. Just burn my wind total ticket. I've talked about this podcast before moving on to the Oakland A's There's a lot of good options here. I've been very intrigued with what a guy like Jeams Kaprillion has been able to show lately overall, but and Paul Blackburn, of course has been great, but he's been regressing a ton lately. I was surprised to see that he is a four to eight ERA right now. So the guy I went with, Cole Irvin hit a four to eight e RA last year, two nine to four ERA this year. He leads all Oakland starters in ERA. You should see this man at home in front of forty people. This could be the greatest picture on the planet. He's got a one six six ERA at home, absolutely dominates in the coliseum that is falling apart. Cole Irvin doesn't care. He like sleeping in his own bed and shoving in Oakland and overall over this full season he's been one of the better left handed pitchers in the American League. He truly has been if you're looking at the production.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of all the way in on what Cole Irvan has done so far this year. And I was gonna say Blackburn because Blackburn was the All Star, but Cole Irvin, Like at the end of the year, if you were to guess who the All Star was on this team, it's it's that guy. Cole Irvin has been phenomenal for them this year. He has been the one phenomenal player for them this year that is still on the team. I mean, they're in a really bad spot. I was also just looking at the a's head shots and Paul Blackbird and AJ Puck look way too similar Amish with the red long beard, pretty gross, So I'm gonna go with the guy that is a bit more cleaner kept.
Speaker 3: Also, AJ Puck has been good too.
Speaker 2: Puck's been good. Puck Puck has been good. They drafted him as a starting pitcher, like who's what fifth overall and now he's resurfaced as a bullpen guy. If he's a bullpen guy, great, but this is in underwhelming development for AJ Puck.
Speaker 3: I'd say I just really liked him in college, and I was afraid that he was gonna bust and he believes it hard. At least he's found a role though, Like he's not a I never made the major leagues and never made it at all. Like he can still be really, really nasty, and I'm just I'm excited for a guy that I rooted for in college. Move on to the Al Central. Twins was tough. Twins was tough, but I went with Luisa Rise. Yeah, is it that surprising that he's hitting three twenty nine. I think it is, But this is a guy who's hit in this sort of range. Last year he hit around two ninety four. But the WRC plus is what I'm looking at. He's always around one hundred to ten. Now he's got a one forty WRC plus. Luisa Rise has not only been one of the best hitters in the Vision, he has been one of the best overall hitters in baseball. This year. Has the lowest amount of strikeouts of any hitter in baseball. Great contact bat reminds you of old baseball Tony gwyn He's not Tony Gwinn, I know, but the guy who's hitting three thirty who doesn't strike out at least reminds you of that type of hitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say that I was not expecting Joan Doran to be this good in this role. I think Doran is probably the guy for me. I also think the other guy for me in a positive light is Nick Gordon. I was not expecting Nick Gordon have a seven to fifty ops And I thought Nick Gordon was a waste of a roster spot and they were out of options for him, so they were just holding him and there were better options elsewhere. No, Nick Gordon should be playing for a team that's good.
Speaker 3: Yes the way I looked at it. And there will be a reliever on this list. The only way I would put a reliever is if he was other worldly dominant.
Speaker 2: And Douran has been otherworldly dominant has he?
Speaker 3: Though, Like if you look at you know, some era leaderboards, you know he's over two and there are plenty of VRA guys who are under two. He has been phenomenal. He's been the best reliever in that pen. But I just didn't put him there because Luisa Rise hid three thirty. I don't think if I told you Luisa Rise would not only have the lease amount of shrike cuts in baseball and lead the league in batting average, not just the American League, but the entire sport. I think you would have been surprised over if I said, Yo, look at how good Joan Durant is and how nasty he is. Do you think he could be a really good reliever? I think you would have said, yes, That's kind of how I interpreted it in my mind. But you're also not wrong there with the Nick Gordon p and Joan duran has been surprising. He has been really good. I'm not trying to take anything away from him. That's just how I thought it.
Speaker 2: Another one, real quick on Minnesota. A guy that is surprising me negatively is Carlos Korea and arm and I had talked about that in a recent episode, but I was expecting Correa to be a lot better than he is this year. So that is surprising with a different definition than what we are using.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to u brag, but do you remember what I.
Speaker 2: Don't don't brag Correa. You could still make the argument that Korea is more valuable in the long term than Corey Seeger, So you.
Speaker 3: Could who's having the better year.
Speaker 2: I will I will say that, Correa.
Speaker 3: Just Baseball Show listeners who've been listening to us for a while, you're hearing through the mic. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 3: Move on to the Cleveland Guardians. Andre Samenez. Yeah, clearly, this dude is one of the best second basemen in the entire sport. He's one of the fifteen best hitters in the sport. If we're looking at WRC plus this season, that park a just sat that we love so much. One hundred is league average, and he's got out like a one forty three. He's been forty three percent better than average. He has the same f war as Jose Altuve, the guy who everybody calls the best second basement in baseball. Andres Jmenez has been phenomenal.
Speaker 2: For the Guardians.
Speaker 3: If we're talking about best hitters on the Guardians, it's Jose Ramirez, then it's Andres Jmenez this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honorable mention, Stephen Kwan, But Andres Semdez is the clear cut answer.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Let's move on to the your Chicago White Sox. This one was sort of challenging, but the more I looked into it, there was a clear answer here, and that's Johnny Cueto. I mean, you guys signed him as kind of an afterthought, and now he's the second best starter on the White Sox that we're looking at ERA, is Michael Kopek the second best starter on the White Sox. Yes, if we're looking at production ERA, he's second with an ERA under three, and he's third in f war among pitchers on the team.
Speaker 2: You know, I was.
Speaker 3: Even considering putting Dylan cease because the fact that he has a one to nine to eight ERA, he's been a top three pitcher for looking at that stat unbelievable. But I still gave it to Quato because if I said, hey, when the White Sox signed Jenny Quato, I bet you will have an R under three, you would have sent me off the podcast saying, dude, I don't know if you can actually talk baseball anymore. I mean, that's an asinine take.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah, I think my biggest surprise for the White Sox is Tony Laruso, the fact that he's still here. But aside from that, I think he did well with the Quato selection.
Speaker 3: What do we say at the beginning of this episode, We'll be nice, We need to burn some sage.
Speaker 2: We need to be nice. We need to be nice.
Speaker 3: Burn in the sage.
Speaker 2: Do I have to be nice to Tony Larusa, I'll give you a pass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: I mean, ugh, yeah, I'm with the Quato has been good. Copeck. The beginning of his year was surprising. He is ticked down in recent months, and that's probably why he's not the biggest surprise right now. Cease I think everybody knew that Dylancy's had this in him.
Speaker 3: We did, and we talked about the beginning if we talked about cy Young odds like he was our dark horse. I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, we talked to Michael Fisher from Coda Fight during the offseason and I'm just asked, like, how good can Dylan CS be? And as soon as he just laughed at the question, I was like, Okay, there we go, We're good.
Speaker 3: Just one of the dirtiest pitchers in baseball. Yes, let's talk about another pitcher who's been much better than I think a lot of people thought this year, including myself. That's Brady Singer on the Ken City Royals. Most surprising player for the Royals is Brady Singer. Leads the Royals and starter e Ra. He's the clear leader in f War. I remember out of Florida, this guy had all the hype in the world. He falls to the middle of the first round. I loved him coming out of Florida. Then that bit me in the butt because he just was not consistent at all. Is that a lot due to maybe how the Royals have been developing pitching. I think you can give it to that, but he has been so good besides that, while no other pitcher in that rotation has really made that next step. I also thought an honorable mention this guy just went on the sixty day DL but through thirty six games, I mean, Edward Oliveris is sitting over three hundred. I don't even think anyone would thought that he would even play that well. But it is Brady Singer. I mean Brady Singer has been now that Ben Attende's gone, the most valuable player on this team this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is Singer. And I think you know, I was sitting here at the beginning of the year saying the jury might be in on Brady Singer, like he might just be a swingman guy. He might not be a successful major League starter, and he really struggled in April too. He was full blown bad. He had three appearances all out of the bullpen, and he allowed what four runs in five and two thirds innings, Like it wasn't good. It felt like, Oh, this is a guy that's just gonna be yeah, a whole will hum relief pitcher. And then he puts together nineteen and two thirds innings, a three run ball in May post All Star break, four starts, twenty six and the third innings six earned runs, thirty one punchouts, four walks. He's striking guys out. He's not walking guys. That was the thing with Singer when dudes weren't hitting him around the ballpark, he was walking everybody into oblivion. He's not walked anybody into oblivion over his last you know, ten starts. That is a massive change for the better for Brady Singer. And I think that he can use this positive energy, in this confidence boost to parlay it into a really good twenty twenty three. I absolutely agree.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to the Detroit Tigers, and the Tigers are very challenging because nobody on offense has been surprisingly good. So you just have to look at pitching. You could say Trek Scooble, but I think everyone expected Terrek Scooble to take that next step. I think we expected Casey Miz to possibly take that step. Arms certainly didn't. I was kind of in the middle, and you were very pro but I was more on your side because I did believe what I saw at Auburn as you did as well. Just the most disgusting splitter in the world, kind of similar to you know, wrote Don in college as well. Just had the fastball and just had the other worldly breaking ball. So I guess I kind of took a cheap option here because Alex Lang has been one of the better relievers in their pen, and I know I kind of cheated with relievers, but considering how much better he got, he lowered his ERA by a full run, and he's striking out almost twelve guys per nine innings, I guess I was surprised that I wasn't really surprised by Fulmer. I wasn't really surprised by Gregor Risoto. I wasn't really surprised that much by Jojamenez. Maybe that could have been the answer here, but this guy, Alex Lang, I barely ever heard of him, and now he's one of the better relievers in one of the better pens in baseball. I went with him, but I'm not sold on it, Like, if you have another one, give it to me, because I went through a bunch of options, and I just thought, I mean, that surprised me the most. That doesn't mean he is the most surprising.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's Schooble for me, Like I didn't expect him to really turn into a front line guy. I thought he was gonna be a three, and he doesn't look like a one, but he looks like he can be a serviceable two. And that's what I thought.
Speaker 3: That difference, Like we thought he could be a good three, but he turned into a serviceable two.
Speaker 2: I wasn't like that.
Speaker 3: But again, that's yeah, I don't disagree with you at all.
Speaker 2: I think I was just assuming that he was going to be another victim of Tiger's starting pitching going to shit. I mean, like everybody Schooble's on the fifteen day, Brisky's on the fifteen day, Fayato is down in triple Pineda's on the fifteen day. I rod, I don't know if he has I don't know what's going on with him or any updates. Miz is a TJ guy. I mean, it's incredible. So I thought that Schooble was going to be just another victim. Here's what I will say about the Tigers starting pitching situation. Scooball has proven that he is a piece in the rotation moving forward. I think Matt Manning is proving that he is a piece in the rotation moving forward.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're wrong there.
Speaker 2: I saw Manning finish a rehab assignment and he threw six innings of shutout ball. I was mightily impressed by Matt Manning. He comes up his first start back of the Tigers off of injury. He's really impressive. I think he figured out how to work off that high spin fastball. I think Manning has something left in the tank, and I think that he can really be a piece in the Tigers rotation moving forward.
Speaker 3: I also don't think Alex Fyodo is that bad.
Speaker 2: I like I like Fayoto, and I like bo Brisky too.
Speaker 3: I agree. I think there's your five when you add an erod and that's not that bad.
Speaker 2: It's not good, it's not very good.
Speaker 3: That's okay. Let's move off the Detroit Tigers, who cannot hit lowist ops and baseball against righties, a shot Tigers. Let's move on to the Al East with the Yankees. You could go with Jose Travino at catcher. You could go with nessor Cortez Junior at starting pitcher. But you know the one that I came to that I feel like it's going to be obvious when I say it, it's Matt Carpenter. Matt Carpenter is fifth on the Yankees in home runs, with about two hundred less played appearances than everybody else, fifteen bombs. He's even played some outfield for the Yankees. Granted, not good in the outfield, but did anyone expect when the Cardinals let him go for nothing that he would come to Yankee Stadium and hit third consistently in one of the best lineups in the sport and deserve to hit third. He fractured his foot. He had a foul ball off his foot a couple of days ago. Hopefully he's going to be back for October. That's a huge blow for the Yankees. You could see that in Yankee fandom, see that on Twitter. If Matt Carpenter goes down and it causes that sort of uproar. That's the most surprising player on the.
Speaker 2: Yankees to me. I just think it's so funny that like Carpenter came in with zero expectations and did exactly what the Yankees wanted Joey Gallo to do. With all the expectations in the world.
Speaker 3: Matt Carpenter exceeded every single expectation that I think Joey Gallo came over with. I think Yankee fans all knew he was a two hundred hitter always. Matt Carpenter had an ops over a million for a little while. I mean, and to not even be hyperbolic and say a million, like it was at fourteen hundred and fifteen hundred. At some points, there was a stretch where he was the best overall hitter in baseball. There was no point on the Cardinals he was the best overall hitter in baseball. That was one of the best stretches he's ever had in his career.
Speaker 2: His mustache is also hilarious, unreal full, It's so funny, like Nestor. Nestor's got a good one, but Carpenter was like, that's cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly. Yeah, he almost looks like a cartoon you know, he looks like a cartoon character. Are you give me that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: You're more well versed in in everything else except baseball than I am. Who is that? I feel like such an idiot? You know? You know that bunny that like gets shot by the cartoons? You know what I'm talking about. Fucking don't look at me like that like I'm an idiot. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: No, not really, you.
Speaker 3: Don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: What I was thinking was where he gets.
Speaker 3: Killed or the hunter goes around like shooting with a shotgun. Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, Right, doesn't he get shot by like a hunter? Sometimes?
Speaker 2: I don't know that might have happened like once in the history of like bugs Bunny.
Speaker 3: And okay, maybe someone someone tig us on Twitter tomorrow and let me know what I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, have you ever seen the SpongeBob SquarePants movie. Yeah, so when they're when they're walking around with the kelt mustaches and they run into Dennis and he's like, this is what a real mustache looks like. And he pulls down the bandana just spawns a mustache.
Speaker 3: That's that's a better comparison. There we go. Let's move on to the Blue Jays, who this player could also be deemed as a cartoon character. But he's so good the Blue Jays. I'm going with Alejandro Kirk. Yes, did anyone expect five eight, two hundred and seventy pound Alejandro Kirk lead the Blue Jays in f war to walk more than he strikes out, to hit over three hundred. When you have Vladimir Guerrero, Junior, Bobaschett, Ti, Oscar Hernandez, the crew, and Alejandro Kirk pinch hits when he's not catching sometimes when they just need a hit, they don't care about blitz. This is the best hitter on the team this year. Alejandro Kirk is easily the most surprising player on the Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: Yes, easily, easily easily. A guy that I do want to just shout out is Santiago Espinal, and Espinal has really struggled over the last month or so, to the point where his OPS is below seven hundred. But what Espinal has done turning into an everyday player for the Toronto Blue Jays and forcing Cavin Bigio out of an everyday spot is really really impressive, and nobody saw that coming from a million miles away. I think people saw a starting catcher in Kirk. They didn't see best catcher in baseball this year in Alejandro Kirk.
Speaker 3: Think about this, Gabriel Moreno is now expendable. Yes, because of Alejandro Kirk. Gabriel Moreno came into this year as a top ten prospect and now Blue Jays fans are thinking, what can we get for this guy? I mean this, look at what Adli Riutchman has been doing. GiB him. Reno is not to that point yet because he's not twenty four years old, but he wasn't as far down regarded as a guy like Adley Rutchman. That's how good this guy is. And now you think to yourself, we don't even need him. That's how good Alejandro Kirk has been. To move on to the Rays, raise again, tough one, but I went with overall the war leader on their team, because if I think I told you that Yond Diaz would lead the Rays in f war this season, you would say you're crazy. But Yandy Diaz has been the most surprising player for the Tampa Rays. He walks more than he strikes out and he's second in WRC plus on his team. The power output is not there, but the hard hit rate is there. He has a lot of doubles in the gaps. He's just a low liner hitter and been over all the leadoff hitter for the Tampa Bay Rays and one of the best players on their team this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yandi Diaz is a good one.
Speaker 3: I also like Harold Ramirez for this, but he's That's the only reason I was like, you know, Yanni Diaz has just been that dude this entire season, But Harold Ramirez is one b in this in this conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to be honest, I was kind of shocked that Shane McClanahan turned himself into a cy young front runner. I like, I loved Shane last year and in twenty twenty, I was fully aboard the Shane McClanahan hype train. But the reason you bought a hype train is because you're not entirely, like one hundred percent sold that this guy is going to become that you're sold that he's going to be really good, but you've got your fingers crossed and you're hoping that he becomes the cy Young Award winner. Shane McClanahan could be the cy Young Award winner this year. I'm so thrilled to see that. But yeah, in terms of like overall surprise, like baseline expectation, what they have done this year in terms of results, I think it's Yandi Diaz and Harold Ramirez over Shane McClanahan because the bar was already set high for mclann.
Speaker 3: The only reason I didn't really consider Shane McClanahan is who told me that he was going to be elite the guy I'm talking to right now. So that's kind of the reason I didn't do it. Because this is also surprising to us. Maybe not. We're giving the best answers of who has truly been the most surprising, because I think over the greater baseball audience, is Shane McClanahan taking the jump to CY Young Award winner Best left tenant pitcher in baseball probably the most surprising. Yes, But who told me last year watch out for this guy as he's going to be one of the better pitchers in the American League East. That's mister Jack mcmonu.
Speaker 2: He's a lefty that is a beat different with his release that gets insane extension down the mound, and I mean high spin fastball, snaps off a curveball and a breaking ball, and he's got that disgusting changeup like the world was mcclanahan's oyster. If he stopped dealing with command issues and he's walking one and a half guys for nine, he's incredible.
Speaker 3: Enough, said let's move on to the Orioles. Here's where I brought a reliever, because you could go with a lot of different options. You know, I considered Jorge Mateo for how good he's been on defense, along with the fact that he has twenty six dolen bases and eleven home runs. But an eighty three WRC plus kind of took me back, and they're like, Okay, well, maybe he's just not that good of it, or maybe it's not that surprising. Felix Bautista is the answer here in my opinion. I mean, this is what I'm talking about when I'm talking about other worldly domination. Edwin Diaz gets a lot of shine for being the best reliever in baseball, and deservedly so. Emanuel class A is a strong number two there, but you can make the argument Felix Batista has been a top five reliever in baseball this year. One six' nine era is incredibly. Impressive the fact that he strikes out every single, player the fact that he throws one, hundred the fact that he's got the one of the nastiest splitters that could be considered one of the best overall pitches in. Baseball but there's a stat THAT i found incredibly fascinating is the ninety two point five percent left on base. Percentage that is. Studley he comes in in big spots and shuts it the fuck. Down that's the sign of an elite. Reliever he can close games now That Jorge lopez has, gone but at the same, time he can come in in the seventh, inning bases, loaded no out and get you out of jams with. Strikeout incredible. Stuff Felix bautista is a name to know in The American League east that's filled with great.
Speaker 2: Relievers Felix bautista is listed at six,' five. One ninety he's not one, non accurate. Not accurate let the big. Dog eat bautista is, a big big boy that can move some serious weight that is one hundred on a bee line and then it's a nasty splitter that drops off. That axis it. Is Incredible What felix bautista?
Speaker 3: Last one? Another RELIEVER so I guess i did cheat MORE than I thought. I did for, SOME reason I thought i didn't add a bunch, of relievers but Always got who's been surprising On The red sox? This, Year people i'm asking you, the listener who You knew devers? Was great HE. Knew jd bogart's probably more surprised of the players who have not performed Like a. DUGO or, i mean you could Even throw trevor's story. In there, You know kik has not been the player since. He returned evaldi has just been. Way worse, you know we All Knew garret whitlock, was good but it's Not Like garrett whitlock has taken this enormous. Leap FORWARD so i went with the guy who should have Been An. All Star john schreiber leads the team IN e r at one point. EIGHT eight i don't have much else to say in terms. Of production he's almost been as Good As. Felix bautista but there's a clear eye test there where You See felix bautista pumping one hundred and You See john schreber in the, mid nineties but still production, based Matters And john schreiber has been a bright spot in An other HOW do i Describe The red socks just straight? Up, DISAPPOINTING yeah i, mean? Underwhelming, underperforming yeah When The baltimore orioles clear you, In, everything.
Speaker 2: Yes there's, A, problem yes. All RIGHT should I Move nl WEST To nl EAST or NLST To, nl west do whatever.
Speaker 3: You want i'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna, go Okay so i'm gonna GO N l EAST To, nl West but i'm gonna switch it Up to i'm gonna go bottom of the. Division Up so i'm gonna work from the bottom dweller to the team that is leading. The division so we're spicing things up a, little bit starting IN The nl east With. The nats, For me i'm cheating. Right away i'm going with a guy that has been, super UNDERWHELMING because i don't think there's anybody you know worth really noting in a positive Light. With washington, For Me victor roblaze has been the most. SURPRISING guy i just didn't know it was possible for a guy.
Speaker 3: With those tools to be. This brutal.
Speaker 2: Who ELSE do i gonna Say Like. PATRICK corbyn i just love how you cheated immediately With the.
Speaker 3: That's how bad.
Speaker 2: They've been there's nothing positive to say about. This Team josh bell would have been, my Answer but bell's.
Speaker 3: A padre how, ABOUT this i have. A guy, I Mean luis garcia has been. Pretty good, YOU know i don't know this that's in front.
Speaker 2: Of Me louis garcia has A seven o. Six Ops luis garcia in fifty. Nine, games okay he has a. Two hundred he has two hundred and thirty three, plate appearances.
Speaker 3: Three walks or. Being nice it's. IN comble, i mean it's hard over guess about. This team just do it over again It But, luis garcia just for the just for just where's? Your sage where? IS it i didn't see ship, being.
Speaker 2: LIT dude i. Don't Know luke void is seven for twenty in his first six games as, A national So It's. Luke void you Know THEIR triple a Team in rochester has lost eighteen. Straight games, oh see you Got the nats going on. Up there you have this Influx IN triple A With david DALL with I. Like, CJ abrams i Mean like. Abrams Fire but rochester's lost eighteen games in.
Speaker 3: A row Why is abrams not playing right now For. THE nationals i.
Speaker 2: Don't know i've got.
Speaker 3: No idea it's just probably because They Have.
Speaker 2: Luis, GARCIA yeah i, think so in his three walks for every two hundred and thirty three. Played appearances next for me Is the marlins are even like, Walks, THOUGH yeah i don't, like walks but when You.
Speaker 3: Love, luis Garcia like twaity does it walk, And, everything dude you luck your way into like ten walks in two hundred. PLATE appearances i really feel like you can just luck your way into a five for cent, Walk right and he's sitting here with like a point one percent walk Right. The marlins, for Me It's braxton GARRETT because i think a lot of THESE bats i was expecting to, Be Good, LIKE jazz i was expecting to.
Speaker 2: Be good he's been hampered. By Injuries, GARRETT cooper i think we've always known that he was a. Good bat he's just kind of made A Glass. BRAXTON garrett i was not expecting a four era out, of him. Straight Up, And, sandy yeah best picture on, The planet Sandy. Al contra but we all Knew that sandy had that potential going into, this year it was a. Real possibility he's just turned it On And pablo lopez is actually worse than he was, last year so, for me the pickens. WERE slim i Went With.
Speaker 3: Braxton garrett i'm glad you brought him up because ARM and i were talking about top three rotations in, three years and, you know we Were, talking sandy We're talking pablo if he, Stays Talking, max meyer talking To, hayeses Zarto Talking, edward cabrera possibly even, six though whatever happens. With him but we didn't Talk About. BRAXTON garrett i remember listening, back, thinking oh that was a boof, by US because i remember another boof we had was when we were talking About the cardinals playoff rotation and we just forgot To add michael's. In there for.
Speaker 2: No reason the way allowed, fourteen hits and, last night.
Speaker 3: Yes, did that but he had a negative twenty nine. Fantasy Score klay snowden brought that. To us he said he's never seen. It before fourteen to ten and Runs. In. Colorado incredible that sixteen to five win By the. Rockets Unbelievable But braxton garrett deserves some. LOVE here i wonder if he's going to factor in because he was one of their better. Pitching prospects you don't.
Speaker 2: THINK so i don't think he WILL because i think like this is as, he performs like he's a four, era GUY and i think they have a bunch of guys in the, low threes like that's. THEIR potential i just don't think he's one of the five or six most talented arms For.
Speaker 3: The marlins marlins have a really good, rotation though so maybe he gets packaged in a deal like he's a big.
Speaker 2: LEAGUE pitcher i think he's a Big league he's a big.
Speaker 3: League starter he is a big league like he's he'd be the ace On.
Speaker 2: The, nationals, yeah, yes, yes, yes, Yes Yes josiah gray better.
Speaker 3: Than him he's he's he's a. Turkey tosser, Right now you seen the amount of home runs this dude gives up on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: Is WEIRD like i can't Stand the nationals.
Speaker 3: Can't stand there big League Roster nelson Cruz And luke foyd are the three, four.
Speaker 2: HITTERS dude, I Mean paulo espino's getting starts all the time. For them who Is This erasmo ramirez is playing. For them when did? This happen he's appeared in forty one games For. The, nats dude what has.
Speaker 3: He been alright? This year WHY do i have a feeling he's got a THREE six? Era, right yes.
Speaker 2: SEVEN innings i.
Speaker 3: Saw him i've seen HIM, because i, you know sometimes my betting On, THE nationals i see him come in and he always seems to.
Speaker 2: Get outs is he always a?
Speaker 3: Getting? Outs? Yes dude Who Is?
Speaker 2: Andre's machado i've never seen this. NAME before i could click around major. Ly rosters there was a, guy, that uh there was a Guy that oakland ran OUT and I Texted Klay Snowden. Deremy scarcia he was like the EIGHT HITTING dh a couple of. DAYS ago i, was like it's really hard to sneak a major league guy by Me And jeremy scarcia is a GUY that i had never heard of.
Speaker 3: Before the same thing happened with Me And, jonah bride who now hits lead off For The. OAKLAND age I think i looked at a picture of him when they brought, him up and when he, WAS hitting i, was like wait, A minute i actually have never heard of you in. My life there's Often where i've, YOU know i see a player and, it's, LIKE oh i remember you as, A, Prospector oh i've maybe seen, you before but IT'S like i don't really know anything. ABOUT you i had Never Seen jonah bride in, my life never heard that name in. My, life dude.
Speaker 2: It's incredible, all right let's move To.
Speaker 3: The.
Speaker 2: Phillies here For, The phillies I've Got. Alec Bohm boom boom was brutal last year and the first month with, YOU know i fucking hate this. Place thing after he'd made a couple of airs in the, SAME game i thought he, was cooked and he has turned. It around he's a different HITTER than i think the one That the. Phillies Drafted But alec bohm is a serious piece For The philadelphia phillies right now and he has kept his spot when it felt like he was on the hot seat at the beginning of.
Speaker 3: THIS year i Love The alec bohm one because he should be. DOING this i think last year was this. Weird Anomaly alec bohm is better than what. He showed it was the third overall pick Out Of. Wichita state just hit every single level, weird season weird kind of beginning to, his career but should be that guy and is that guy the third hitter For the Phillies When bryce harper, comes back he's going to be the. Three Hitter But alec bohm absolutely. Deserves it ONE guy i want to, Shout Out Sir anthony dimingez in their pen. Is dirty he's got a one to five. To three the twenty seven year old has been the best reliever in, their pen one of the best relievers In The national league, this year and he's got a. Sick Name.
Speaker 2: Sir, anthony yeah that is pretty dope scry for. The brave, SO like i think the Answer Is, william contreras but it's hard for me to Not Say. Dansby swanson contreras is pumping out an eight eighty ops in fifty, eight Games but dansby putting this together in a contract year is crazy Because For, william contreras like we always knew that he had the potential to, be good he wasn't ever going to be. This Good, for dansby the track record was. Already set there was a large enough sample size To Judge, dansby swanson and now we're Looking At dansby swanson as a nine, figure SHORTSTOP which i don't think anybody was looking at him as before this. YEAR started i think you're totally spot.
Speaker 3: ON there i was thinking before you were going to Say That william contras should be, That guy but It Is dansby swanson NOW that i think. About it we pegged him as the barometer for average, shortstop play which is not an Indictment On. Danceby swanson it's representative of how good the short stop. Position is and at the, shortstop position he's the league leader and F War j wantson absolutely deserves to be the most. Surprising player but that's just, a, Wow dude you've really been a, top five top sixty shortstop this season and you deserve over one hundred. Million dollars good.
Speaker 2: For, you exactly so very similar to what we just Did, with atlanta Where Like william contreras butts For, The Mets adam montavino has been good as a nice bounced. Back YEAR but i would be lying to MYSELF if i didn't Say That edwin diz was. THE guy, i mean he's a. Freak azoid he finished Eighth In alcy young voting in twenty eighteen with it with a one NINE, six era a one to six TO, one fip fifteen point two STRIKEOUTS Per nighte that was twenty Eighteen. In seattle, this year he's up three strikeouts per nine to eighteen. Point one he's down sixty POINTS in era from one nine to six to about one three, to nine and he's literally CUT the fip. In half he's got a zero point EIGHT. TWO fip i Knew That edwin diaz was, really good but he has had some underwhelming years over the last couple but for him to bounce back in this nature and become the best reliever in all of baseball was surprising.
Speaker 3: For me surprising for, me too wasn't surprising the analytics community is taking their victory lap with a guy, like Him, like sierra those type, of stats, you know SUPER advanced, era indicators predictors of these sorts of, you know. PRODUCING stats, i mean they they all Thought That edwin diaz was still one of the best relief pitchers, in baseball just had some really bad luck in TERMS of, i mean the amount of guys he, strikes out he limits, hard contact wasn't. Walking anybody but at the, same time in the greater. Baseball sphere he was getting Booed At city field. Last year that was a. Reality there so the fact that now that went from booze to two winns to trumpets and when he steps on the field it's a Parade At city field is the biggest surprise For the mets. This season AT least i think you would say That for, mets fans he has been the. Big one another ONE that i do want to shut OUT because i was Talking To, chris longo who is of course A huge, mets fan shut out den. Of geek he says his biggest Surprise Was. David Peterson david pearson has really this tooken taken the step forward from fringe sixth. Guy two he's given them really great starts, this year transition more to a bullpen. Type ROLE but i think a Lot of mets fans thought this guy's on his, way out not on his way into being a valuable piece for. The.
Speaker 2: Team, Yeah no I'm with chris on that, One too but for ME. IT'S ds i mean him refinding this, was amazing? All right And al Central the cubs Clear Cut. Christopher morell morell came out of absolutely no way where he is a sleeper PICK For nl rookie Of. The year if something Happens to Atlanta and Strider and harris are both done for, the Season.
Speaker 3: It's MORRELL but i want to Shout Out, nico horner who's got a three war same, as one. So unreal there, We Go.
Speaker 2: Nico horner he was dealing with a bunch of. Injury concerns he has been an all, around Player but morell has been spectacular For. The pirates this. Was Tough If jose kintana was still on, THIS roster i would Have, Said kintana BUT now i Think It's. MICHAEL chavis i Didn't think jaevs would have been one of the best hitters on one of the worst offenses, in baseball but good. For him.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that You Said. MICHAEL chaevs i was going To Say mitch keller after all of his, like TERRIBLENESS but i think he was also a pitcher that we all thought would. Be better so THAT'S why i get why You said chaevus Instead Of. Mitch.
Speaker 2: Keller, y so ANOTHER reason i stayed Away From mitch keller was everybody was so high on him before the regular season started because of the. Broadband, videos yeah Because Of. Tred Athletics like tred was just pumping out Videos and mitch throwing one oh one. In bullpens but then when he sees major, league, hitters It's, oh god This Is mitch. Keller again it's it was very tough for me to Not Say. Mitch KELLER but i remember everybody thought that he was the second coming right before teams broke camp, This season.
Speaker 3: So that spot.
Speaker 2: Out, there yeah For the red's another bullpen guy AND. Another DS. Alexis ds nothing like a sub to era and an eleven and a half strikeouts. Per night drewy was the answer before he got dished Out To, san diego but It IS.
Speaker 3: Alexis Ds, jonathan india on the, other side has been just he was hurt for. SO long, I know, i know and he's better than he is and he's gonna be better. Next season just been a very disappointing sophomore year for a Guy Like, jonathan INDIA who i haven't expected to. Get, better yeah.
Speaker 2: Soft spot alert For. The Brewers keston hurra is my Guy. From milwaukee dude had such an incredible start to his career in, te nineteen tapered off in, twenty twenty was dealing with some hell to health issues in the family last year and was just dreadful when he was on. The field but he's bounced back. Big time played forty five games For, the brewers ten bombs and an eight. FORTY ops I think keston hero went from a guy that was destined to be A quadruple a guy after a couple bad years to having a consistent spot on the roster in the span of forty five games.
Speaker 3: This year i'm not Sure if bruce. Fans accepted first, OF all i think that's, The ANSWER but i Don't think bruise Fans expected Rowdy to les to be the.
Speaker 2: Three hitter he's got a what he's got like a seven to. NINETY ops i want, to say been very good.
Speaker 3: For, THEM yeah i don't know if they, expected THAT but I think i like your.
Speaker 2: Answer better just throwing another guy.
Speaker 3: Out.
Speaker 2: THERE thanks i appreciate you throwing another guy.
Speaker 3: Out.
Speaker 2: There YEAH and i also just like ANY chance i can spew Positivity about, Keston here i'm going to. Do it For. The Cardinals, brendan donovan Much, like morell Nobody thought donovan was going to factor into this. Team whatsoever but a FOUR hundred ovp seven to seventy ops with. Defensive, versatility nut he's.
Speaker 3: Been Better Than. Nolan. Gorman YEAH if i told You That brendan donovan before the beginning of, the season IF if i Told you cardinals fans that both of them would be Up And brendan donovan would actually be Better Than, nolan gorman you would have AGAIN said i shouldn't, talk BASEBALL said i should not be hosting, a podcast and yet here.
Speaker 1: We.
Speaker 2: ARE yeah i think they say that for other reasons that it Takes. The diamondbacks the Answer Is joe man Supply The. All star joe mant. To ply the other answer Is Probably. Merril kelly but the Answer Is joe Man Supply.
Speaker 3: ALL star i mean you?
Speaker 2: Kidding, me. Yeah Dude sick rockies was a tough, one because, Like obviously bard is. REALLY good i personally WENT. With cj cron twenty three dong, Seventy nine ribies two to eighty with a five. FOURTEEN slugging i know he did it. LAST year i didn't really think he was gonna do, it Again but crone did. It again, first one YOU'RE off i think it's a clear. One Here jose glaciers is hitting three. To sixteen did you?
Speaker 3: Expect that no fucking way you thought that.
Speaker 2: WAS gonna i Didn't expect.
Speaker 3: Iglaciers overall some OF the WRC plus i. Get it but he is hitting. THREE sixteen i don't think Anyone on earth could Have Said. Jose glaciers that would be my clear.
Speaker 2: Answer here let me find his slugging percentage, real quick. Dot good i'll tell you. Right Now jose glaciers uh is currently hitting three sixteen with a four to seventeen slugging At. Coors field do you know how hard it is to slug four to seventeen At?
Speaker 3: Cores field ryan McMahon just hit one four to seventy Eight. AT corsfield i didn't even know that was possible For. Oh no four.
Speaker 2: Ninety five here's, another, One Uh connor joe slugging three sixty Three. At corsfield that's really hard. To do it's hard.
Speaker 3: To Do jose glaciers with a four to sixteen slugging is. Not terrible please half his games on the road.
Speaker 2: Not awful, you're, right, yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fair, okay uh next one For THE giants i Went With, wilmer flores the team's LEADER. In RBIs he's one Off of jock's. Leading bombs he's. Ripping it he's still playing all over. The Field the giants have been. Really disappointing you could make Cases For, luis gonzalez you could make Cases For, tyro Estrada but i'm gonna Go With wilmer FLORES because i thought he was totally over.
Speaker 3: The, HILL agreed i want a chance to just to talk about uh my GUY who i fell in love with in that, Last Postseason. Camello, devall yes there was a there was a lineup. With pitching ninja did THIS and i thought it was Awesome Watching ben joyce And from tennessee kid throwing one oh Five with dovall's. PITCHING mechanics, i mean he's one of the most entertaining pitchers to watch, IN baseball i. Really think so it's now one, oh one one oh two with absolute fuzz comes at you from this like, caridactyl mangle and he's just got a wipeout. Breaking ball he looks impossible. TO hit i Love watching.
Speaker 2: Novall, pitch yeah he you know he has been possible, to, hit though which has kind of caught me by surprise TO. Eighty, r YEAH like, I was i, was expecting like he just waltz is to a. Two, flat agree that's what kind Of stuff. Tillvall HAS so i actually think this year has been kind, of UNDERWHELMING but i think again that's because we set the bar so high. On him at the beginning of. THIS year i set.
Speaker 3: The bar one of my hot takes was that he was going to emerge as the best reliever in. The sport, SO yeah i set the bar. Cut high has performed very well and he's been much better. Lately too he got off to a rough start like his era was in THE fours i think a couple of, months ago but since then he has just. Been electric he.
Speaker 2: Is electric he is another guy with really high expectations once but the goalposts removed on him a couple of. Years ago my the most surprising Guy For san diego Has Been. Jerikson profar he's putting together his best full season since he was a twenty five year Old. In texas and, this was, you know the former number one prospect. In baseball he's twenty nine years old now obviously a shell of his prospect self never really achieved what everybody expected him to Achieve with texas and had a couple of fine Years In. San diego but now he's become an actually good player For the padres and looks like a guy that can be an everyday utility Guy For. San diego Jerks and profar is probably, The answer but the PLAYER that i was drawn To Was. Hasion, KIM yeah i was pretty surprised that he's really carved out a role here For. The padres kind of is another, utility type really, good defender has really filled a hole for them a Shortstop when tatis, went DOWN and i just didn't expect him to play as good as.
Speaker 3: He has that was. My ANSWER but I think Jerks, AND profar i mean he leads off for The, PODJ yeah i mean he, deserves IT and, I agree i was very surprised by how good he's been.
Speaker 2: To well but Kudos to kim for being thrusted last minute into an everyday shortstop role and helping this team not just swim but.
Speaker 3: Thrive exactly so Credit To.
Speaker 2: Hasan kim and then the last one For, The Dodgers, tyler anderson like what the hell is fifteen and one with a two seven TO. Two era he's got a sub, one whip. He's fixed opponents are slugging two seventeen against. His changeup nobody's touching that pitch because it's new and he is comical. This year dodger. Voodoo magic fuck you.
Speaker 3: Want to Hear more. Dodger voodoo How About Gavin lox looked like he couldn't throw the ball in, the infield look like, a bust and now he's one of the better hitters in the best lineup. In baseball How About Tony Gonsolin all star thirteen to one splitter. From Hell andrew heeney doesn't. Allow runs you can go into their bullpen and find three or four dudes that you've never heard of who. Blow Smoke cody bellinger has been better. This year. Dodger voodoo that's all we're going to say to end.
Speaker 2: The Pod evan phillips has a one four TO.
Speaker 3: Three era he should be. Their closer they should stop giving it to kimberrel to try and close out these Games When evan phillips is clearly a better reliever, right now Clearly.
Speaker 2: In vessia is a better Reliever than kimberl.
Speaker 3: To eight.
Speaker 2: Kimberl pissed me off so bad With The white sox last year because he came over said that he could pitch and other innings that weren't, the ninth and he could not pitch an innings that weren't, The ninth and even then it was a, stressful ninth.
Speaker 3: So stressful probably the most stressful ninth that you're really going to find among contenders, right now which is Crazy Because Los. Angeles dodgers but They get blake trying, back soon who's throwing ninety seven and. Rehab starts he'll be back in. Fifteen minutes he is going to remind you why he's one of the best relievers. In Baseball When walker bueler, comes back we may be talking about second place teams.
Speaker 2: Very, SOON yes i think. So too, all right you Already plug prize picks a couple of times in. This podcast get, your merch follow us on social a lot of links you need her in the episode description.
Speaker 3: New white, t shirts new long sleeve. Athletic teas we're also coming out with. New hats make sure you click that. Merch link that's the best way to. Support us and if you could leave us a five star review on this Podcast. On spotify we're almost at five hundred and five. Star reviews want to thank all of you For listening. Apple podcasts if you're willing to write, a review if you're listening to this or watching us, on YouTube hit us with, a like leave it in the comments who you think was your most surprising player and make sure you describe it does help.
Speaker 2: Us out and, with that thank you for letting