Speaker 1: Thanks for selling your car to Carvana. Here's your check.
Speaker 2: WHOA, When did I get here?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I swear it was just moments ago that I accepted a great offer from Carvana online.
Speaker 4: I must have time traveled to the future.
Speaker 1: It was just moments ago.
Speaker 4: We do same day pickup. Here's your check for that great offer. It is the future, it's it's the present and just the convenience of Carvana. Sorry to blow your mind, It's all good. That happens all the time.
Speaker 5: Sell your car, the convenient way to carve on a pickup. Times may vary and fees may apply.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about Amazon. So Amazon buys one medical for three point nine billion.
Speaker 4: We got two story on Amazon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so let's talk about this first one about them buying one medical for a three point nine billion So what does that mean? And how has that helped rise the stock over the over the net? How will that help rise the stock over the next couple of years? What does that mean as far as them buying one medical for three point nine billion dollars?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean Amazon, you got start no truck go ahead. Now, I was gonna say, you know, Amazon is still one of my favorite companies. But we said this for a long time. How do we add this is the same thing that we didn't see with Snap when we're are acquisitions, and so we knew that the number one e commerce business and probably next year about it early next year will be Amazon. And what field haven't they really conquered and that's healthcare?
Speaker 2: And so how do you do it? You go get a healthcare company.
Speaker 7: And so it's interesting because the feedback has been a little shaky, right, well, people are looking at that way. There has to be something against this, like the privacy here, right If one medical a lot of people use that to record their blood pressure, there restling their heart rates and their lab tests. And now Amazon has access to that, and so there's a couple of ways they can use it. Obviously, they can ship you your information or your medicine to you directly, obviously with Amazon Prime. But what else could they do with it? Is it an invasion of privacy? And so obviously there's regulations and government regulations that they have to.
Speaker 2: Abide by to do it.
Speaker 7: But people are like, I didn't sign up to one medical for Amazon to have all this information about me.
Speaker 2: So it's an interesting type of situation.
Speaker 1: Right now, from a stock and investment perspective, I think it's a good acquisition. Will medical being a subscription based which a lot more companies want Apple to do as well. And now we told you guy last year, Amazon, Google, and Apple will all go into the healthcare arena very soon. This is like the first iteration of it. But in addition to that, I know there's going to be pushed back initially, but I think it's going to be amazing to see customers be able to get their medical or the prescriptions from one place. Fitness stuff Chamuth brought up how whole foods and the diet can be integrated. And from an investment standpoint, if you're looking at a store, you can't like Kroger, Walgreens, Walmart.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that in a second. You can't compete with them.
Speaker 1: Now literally every almost everything with exception of a car, that you need, you can now get from Amazon. Even when we buy equipment, like I love BNH, but if I order for Amazon, it's gonna come a hell of a lot faster.
Speaker 4: So now I can get medical data a lot faster.
Speaker 1: And if they bring on the right people on terms of a board and they need to make a statement about those privacy issues.
Speaker 4: But that I think if they get get a good spokesperson, they'll be fine.
Speaker 1: The blowback I get people are worried about big tech, but the truth is we have no privacy now anyway to whatever data you're trying to hide. I know some dudes in Brooklyn who can get all your information for two thousand bucks right now, listen, easily easily, right, listens.
Speaker 4: A pastor should not have four hundred thousand dollars with your.
Speaker 2: Wow wows. I need an investigation on the man and the chip. I'm just keeping it.
Speaker 4: He didn't budge and didn't think about it.
Speaker 2: You didn't even I thought, I'm not yo.
Speaker 6: He prayed, He did not think about it, didn't.
Speaker 4: Move bro and beat the walls next to you.
Speaker 6: Didn't think about it?
Speaker 2: No man, what song was he on? That's why I really wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Oh, no, yo, Now you know what's interesting. We gotta stop, We gotta, we gotta stop.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow. I look about I.
Speaker 7: Looked into one Medical right, and I had no idea. Right, obviously they purchased a company, but I looked into it. Do you know what the subscription model is for them?
Speaker 2: Not much?
Speaker 1: It costs.
Speaker 4: How much was it three grade?
Speaker 2: It's one nine a month? What one ninety nine a month?
Speaker 7: So they track your blood rate, your resting heart rate, they check your labs results, and they renew your prescriptions. And so now I think you have all the information. Obviously, that's how you can get your your medication a lot quicker. But at one ninety nine a month, if you think about that, like Amazon Prime is what one.
Speaker 2: Was it one something a year?
Speaker 7: Like one, you add one ninety nine a month, Let's say you got a million customers. That's I mean, you're talking about adding revenue models.
Speaker 2: Not a bad acquisition.
Speaker 7: But already subscription Yeah, I'm sorry, not not almost a year, ninety nine a year, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: But then Amazon has already entered the space bar purchasing pill pack yep, an investor. And so when you start to see healthcare is the biggest industry in America. So if you look at the American budget, when we were teaching in the classroom, we had a lesson plan where we showed the kids the national budget and healthcare. I think it was like twenty eight percent something like that. It was the largest I believe it was the largest amount. Second with the military, I think. So, you know, there's nothing bigger than healthcare and it's only going to continue to be bigger and bigger. So that's why when you see like Apple Health and Amazon acquiring pill Pack, now they acquiring other So it's like in order to grow and you have to be in the healthcare industry. So you're going to see probably more of these companies. Google, all of the top companies are going to diversify their portfolio and get more into healthcare because it's it's literally the biggest industry in America. Okay, so it only makes sense.
Speaker 1: And the veteran the healthcare industry is right for disruption changes very slowly. So yeah, Google probably jumping jumping the lake mid next year. And also too, like if you're going through a recession, if you're in that industry, people are going to need healthcare services regardless. I mean, look how much money healthcare is made from COVID. Yeah, that's just one use stage. And I know people worried about big tech and big brother. We gave up all rights for privacy many let's go. So but I'm sure they'll put out a statement about that about how they'll protect users rights and not violating hip laws and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Even though some of y'all who work in the hospital be violating hip laws.
Speaker 7: But the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability at HIAA it limits how company can use protective health information. So that includes personal identifiable information as well as medical history, lab tests as well as other health data. So there are government protections and regulations that are in place. I'm sure Arizona bye bye, and they'll make a killing inside the healthcare space.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Amazon, so this doc slipped a little bit.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P and SEE Financial Service Group.
Speaker 2: Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC Earners. What's up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless.
Speaker 2: Whether it's a local coffee.
Speaker 7: Shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 5: Coach the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 1: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players.
Speaker 4: Everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 5: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 4: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's all for now, coach, one more question.
Speaker 5: Play the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles Rams scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibily. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim.
Speaker 2: And after that was in.
Speaker 6: Walmart is getting blamed for it because Walmart's profits are lower because of inflation concern So how is Walmart issues with inflation? How is that affecting Amazon?
Speaker 7: We're talking in e commerce, right, So if you're talking about inflation, you're talking about people not paying. We're talking about food prices going up. We're talking about the amount of fuel prices going up. And it takes fuel to get to these places to spend the money. And we've seen that right, and we're seeing people especially like discretionary things those things are not being bolt at the same break, so people are buying necessities.
Speaker 2: And so when you see a Walmart go down because they.
Speaker 7: Change their forecast for their yearly outlook, then it's going to affect the retail space. Right, they're still the largest. Right, Amazon will pass it next year, but they're still the largest. And so if the largest e commerce business takes a hit, then you're going to see a costco, You're going to see a target, You're going to see Amazon, and you're going to see others fall.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 7: One of the things that they've done trying to combat inflation is, look, we got.
Speaker 2: To put discounts on prices.
Speaker 7: But if you put discounts on prices and those things don't sell, then there's going to be a loss. And so they've seen that and obviously that guidance is going down.
Speaker 2: And so we'll see.
Speaker 7: We'll see how Amazon will report on Thursday, so we'll see how much it's going to affect their stock obviously affected after hours, but we'll see what their what their earners looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would argue they're in two different businesses, serve different client bases, demographics of who they target are dramatically different. So why why they're similar. They're not the same every whole asignment. Everyone really quick go to Google and type in the top ten ways Amazon makes money. Walmart doesn't have a web services business and got the number one. So mean, when you got a big kahuna like that, Like man, there's you know, like their model as a lost leader model to gain traction and trust. This is why they're able to navigate into the healthcare field so well, because if you know, in healthcare, the experience isn't always the best, and if they can put that Amazon prim like experience on medical.
Speaker 4: Puts a lot of companies on notice.
Speaker 1: So wild spending may go down in Walmart. We may eventually see a slight uptake towards at the end of the year towards Amazon from like the Christmas rally. I just think there's two totally different businesses.
Speaker 4: Management is better in this era.
Speaker 1: They've done an amazing job, But I've been Bezos being at the at the helm of the company anymore. I don't think this should have affected their stock price at all, but I understand why why it may have in the short term. Amazon is one of my favorites. It's been a stock club pick forever. Please continue the hold five or ten years?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 6: What's your long term outlook for Amazon? Five years, ten year outlook? It's currently at one hundred, it's currently at a price, currently at one hundred and twenty one dollars right now, what do you think potentially it could potentially get to in five years years?
Speaker 4: Are you coming in with a good, spicy question? Two forty.
Speaker 2: Five years? Two forty that's that's conservative, easy victory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's forever for everybody that's that's gonna be disappointed with two forty. I already know that's double. That's one hundred percent in five years. Let's say let's say even if it was let's say hypothetically, even if it was ten years, that's one hundred percent. But you this kind of stocks, This is this is the problem with investing. You're looking for unrealistic returns. You're gonna hurt yourself. You got you you got spoiled in the last couple of years, and you want one hundred percent in twelve months, So you want one hundred percent in five months. Yes, you can potentially always get that depending on how you invest but yeah, not always like that in investing. And if you can double your money as opposed to it, you know, losing value because of inflation, sitting in a bank account. That's that's the name of the game. So long term perspective on on things are very, very critical.
Speaker 1: And they got to ask you, do they want a player that's gonna get a guaranteed bucket or a player that's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Like good for game one and games two through seven. They're streaky as hell.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, and it just split. Somebody just asking the chat isn't gonna come back down? Twenty five days ago it was one hundred and three dollars like after it split, I mean one hundred and three. So now we're up at what one twenty one split before it got up to Did it get back up to twenty six hundred or twenty found I know that people even invest in it. Yeah, it was a thirty seven hundred at its peak and then obviously with the split, numbers are now up on the chart.
Speaker 2: But it pulled back really like.
Speaker 7: Forty, which you know, it's tough to wash in your portfolio, but when you invested in long term and it you understand this, this is part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hope for the long term, and I know some of you. I talked to some of you via DM man. I don't like some of the takes on quit trading. Everything I'll say is a long term investing. If you want trading device, come to invest Fest. I don't talk long term, I mean trade on him for me, but come to invest Fest. But don't try and turn everything into a flip, because it's how a lot of people end up losing money. Hold these for a long period of time, and technically, I know I haven't talked about it before, but you should have like a recession account for the stocks you want to buy during a recession that you're just going to pile money into and you're not going to look at for ten years and have then have your main brokerage account the same way you should have your swing trading and your trading account. They trade account separate for one another. You are going to be upset in ten years when I come back and be like, hey, I told you so. You don't want to hear that you were sick and he's supposed to be humble. That's the problem in changed on the people. How could you I was worse before. You just didn't know me, baby boy. It's way worse. Right, So, as Rashade would say, I'll save this to say, invest in whole long term and quit trying to take my advice and flip them to your homeboys as trading advice. I ain't. That ain't what I signed you up for. But if you do want trade information, I will have that for you. At invest Fast August seventh.
Speaker 8: My graduates from my school being forced bad drop Bag Drop Mike drop Bad drop Drop.
Speaker 3: Lows knows that free makes everything better. That's why our rewards members get free standard shipping on the things they need and want. Starting at silver key status. Every day savings for Rewards members add up fast, so why wait? Join for free today? Loaves we have you say. Not available in Alaska, Hawaii. Exclusions and more terms apply. Loyalty programs subject to terms and conditions. Details at lowes dot com. Slash Shipping terms subject to change