Speaker 1: I love a good line. Judge. She goes quiet, please, quiet, Please. No one knows where he's from. He's this weird accent, like he's been to boarding school. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, and that's like sevens Williams advantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you look down, it's always Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 3: That's what they look like. Always. They always want to Kiante. It's too much.
Speaker 1: I agree, Michelle Buteau, what's up? Welcome to adulting. I'm here with my co from Go Michelle Buteau. Don't you know she's dressed in a gorgeous ensemble, you know, having a moment.
Speaker 2: I love Prairie slaves and I can't help it. She is she is also I love I love that designers are finally having a plus category, because now I could look the way I feel, you know what I'm saying. I talk about this in my books, The Bible of the Thickest plus sized Essays in a small minded world.
Speaker 3: Now, but if you've ever had.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't want to say passion, professhion because like what like what bumper sticker?
Speaker 3: Why am I a bumper sticker? In Vermont get out of here.
Speaker 2: But it sucks because like all your friends just look fly and they have different colors on, and you're just still in the black and the cheetah, trying to figure out your way.
Speaker 3: So it's very nice.
Speaker 2: I really respect Lizzo and Nicole Byer for like the crop top of it all and the no bra moment, like you better. I'm not there yet, but I will be soon. It's sort of like a Benjamin button, but with your booty, like you get to age backwards.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, how is it a Benjamin button with your.
Speaker 2: Because if you were born like let's say thirty to forty somebody years.
Speaker 3: Ago, let's just say, let's just say that category you.
Speaker 4: Did not.
Speaker 2: You didn't why you didn't have plus size options, right, So you always were either you know, an oversize something or the other, or your dad's shirt and you try to make it work, or something black, like you always look like a Greek widow. But now so you just like you were just made to feel conservative, you know, like even when I would do vintage picks, it was always like it was giving very misusdoubt fire and I'm like, i am not sixty five, you know, I'm twenty two, and so those were always like the dresses that came in the sizes.
Speaker 3: And so now that I'm in my mid forties, bitch, you bet off.
Speaker 2: I get to wear fun, funky, colorful things. So it feels like booty is a Benjamin Button. It's agent backwards.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's aging backwards. Interesting. That was a long road.
Speaker 4: A.
Speaker 1: Road. It's okay.
Speaker 2: My stories are like Lombardo's Street in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Not at the same time, but enjoy the view.
Speaker 2: Let's get on. I'm done, I'm done with me. Let's just get on.
Speaker 1: Can I? Can I say something.
Speaker 2: Such a middle every time you say that, I'm like the poor middle child in Texas at the dinner table.
Speaker 1: No, it's I was just gonna say, my daughter, this is terrible I and this is gonna haunt me. But I found my daughter's journal and you went through it these it's it's hysterical. She's nine years old.
Speaker 3: Why did you go through it? My mom went through my.
Speaker 1: Journal because my wife showed it to me. What am I supposed to do? Not look at it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, be like those are her feelings?
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do? Not read it? On adulting? Stop it's about she has deep feelings about what am I supposed to do? Not read her feelings about Halloween candy and then talk about it. We could always edit it out later.
Speaker 3: You know, nobody anything exactly right. They just leave up in here. I'm like, you guys louted this out right.
Speaker 2: They're like, sure, uh huh, sure, we came up a little short in this episode, so we have to keep your most.
Speaker 1: Darkest personal sho now that we're here. Okay, whatever, listen the cakes getting baitdh the McKay place times. That's what it's called. Main article. Well, she's spelled it aart icl Halloween crazy. She says, everyone knows that Halloween was on the thirty first October. Who is she ad dressing here in her diary? But lately I've been seeing a lot of candy and Halloween already passed. This Halloween, I noticed that the neighborhood people, the neighborhood people either got a lot more or a lot less candy than last year. But one thing's for sure, people are littering. Mm hmmm. It appears that Halloween hasn't gone. There's a lot more left than you think. Exclamation point. Lately, I saw twigs a hot chew and a milky way just lying there on the floor in perfect condition. I should know, no, l I ate them what myself? Oh at first I thought I was just a lucky duck. But then they kept popping up everywhere. I also noticed a lot of rappers too. I had to swim through a seat of them just to grab something from the deli. Oh god, I mean global beautiful use of a comma there, I mean global warmings? Bad? Are rety? What are we really gonna make it worse? Please stop glittering. The planet's fate is depending on you, on you. Who is you're dressing. It's a journal. It's for her.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you better give her a soapbox for Kwanza because she is ready. Okay, thought I thought it was gonna be different. This was very inspiring because she's saying, I know, have your fun, have your sweet treat in the time that we said we would, and also pick the fuck up after yourself and with your daughter one thousand percent.
Speaker 1: I'm with her too. I'm with her too. I just love what's going on in a little cubasa. I'm like, what's going on up there? And she's just like, pick your trash up, get the planet, neat people while I eat on these milky ways.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because your daughter is really good with other kids, which is always just like, that's just so fun for other parents, truly, and then she'll also go off on her own and read a book if she feels like it. But then she also plays well with others, so you know, she's she's just perfect. She's a perfect little angel because she's bossy but also plays well. It's just it's everything you guys just heard. You guys did so good. It's yeah, she just she really is.
Speaker 1: She makes me she's so cute, and I just love how cute she is, and I love that she's so conscientious and earnest. When I read this in probably twenty years from now, hold it against me.
Speaker 2: She's gonna hate you for this, but also have like a deal from Mars. Also, you and your wife were like the first I think comedian. You were the first comedian I know, well one of the first to have a kid, and it looked like it was going so well, so it was very inspiring.
Speaker 1: Oh that's kind well, yeah, because you.
Speaker 2: Always like see comedian dads just being like, oh, my favorite thing's ruined pussy?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 2: And you're like ew and it's like, oh my, oh god, I can't wait to go do the cruise line for seven?
Speaker 1: Why do you always do like a Joe DeRosa impression? Whenever you're.
Speaker 3: Joe DeRosa?
Speaker 1: Hilarious comedian also has.
Speaker 3: A sandwich shop. Check him out. We'll have him on the show.
Speaker 2: Jesus, you know what, let me not get myself in trouble by way of you.
Speaker 3: Let's get onto the show.
Speaker 2: You guys, we have a great comedian, also a dad, also a prolific thinker.
Speaker 3: I wonder what his journal was like at nine years old.
Speaker 1: It was probably fantastic. It had great insights. I mean when he came on like, I love this man.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: He's inspiring. Talk about inspiring, the one and only Alabama's own. Very few good things come out of Alabama. Let me just say, okay, we got the Peanut, George Washington, Carver, the Commodores, and our guest, Roy Roy Junior. That's where you were supposed to come in.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I just had so much fun watching it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, let's get to it. Geez, Brooklyn, some motherfucking.
Speaker 3: What is going hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, okay kai kiki kai, hey kay, I'm tired.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, can we make it a little sauce to make it dalker? I don't have to see everybody.
Speaker 1: I am also free in my hips as well as you say, very free in my hips? Has everybody doing? What's up? Who you woke? A?
Speaker 3: Hello? Nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: New York is back in a big motherfucking way?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: I feel like it. I feel like it. Our character is back, our charisma, don't you think? Sure?
Speaker 3: It felt like you're gonna pass me a pamphlet. I didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 2: What all right?
Speaker 3: I guess it's back. I guess so.
Speaker 2: I also like how quickly New Yorkers could get over something too, like if you know, if something's going down on the subway and someone like why do we act like as musical chairs, just like running in for the scene, especially like on the four, five and six, I'm like, everyone calmed down, it's gonna come again, right, and just like grown men sitting down being like I got you right, and then I'll just start acting like I have gas or some shit. I'm just like, oh, but like standing with my button around their face like, oh sorry, I just really wanted that seat.
Speaker 1: I've broken up a fight.
Speaker 3: And then like in two point two, they're just like, you need a I was like, yo, have you ever faked at first scene?
Speaker 1: No, I was just gonna say I broke up a fight once.
Speaker 3: Is that what you just said to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I broke up a fight.
Speaker 3: Wasn't listening.
Speaker 1: Let me set the scene. It was during It was for you to set the scene. Picture it. It was picture it. Uh it's winter during the before times in about uh twenty nineteen, and uh, we just pulled it into the thirty fourth Street station. It's very cold, bitterly cold, and I had I was so uh like I had my you know, my jacket on everything like that, and I remember this lady.
Speaker 3: Is this a long story?
Speaker 1: No, it's very quick. Seems long, but it's not.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm interested.
Speaker 1: Now. The unhoused lady gets on and she's eating a chicken from a cellophane bag and like a whole chicken, a whole bird. And yes, I mean not better. But what happens is all right because what happened, here's what happened. This other lady gets up bumps the lady with a cellophane bag. The lady with the bag goes, oh, no, you didn't like that. And then they start going back and forth, and I was like, ladies, ladies, please, because it's two women of color. They reminded me. You know, it's like it's like, you know, I think about my family, you know, I'm like, I'm like, please, Sister's like, let's work this out. I had like Obama vibes. I was like, let's go, let's work this. I put myself between them, and the lady with a cellphone bag didn't like that. So she wopped me with me on my head, Oh my god, Jordan, which is really actually a lot heavier than you. So she kind of like used it like a you know, like a night had that thing a bludgeon, you know, a mace. Right, she used it like a mace.
Speaker 4: And she.
Speaker 1: She maced me with the chicken in my head. And then the next part I did not expect. She hit me with the dark meat. And then she.
Speaker 5: She took off her clothes and she jumped on me, and then and so and so we immediate like immediately I like hit the floor.
Speaker 6: Like oh like and I'm like rolling around with this lady like this on the subway floor and by the way, here comes here comes a Snapple bottle at me, rolling over the floor.
Speaker 1: I avoid that. I'm like, oh, you know what I mean, I avoid that because God knows what that's full of, you know. And then I'm black. I completely blacked out. And for a moment, in a different life, we could have dated, you know, like I just yeah, yeah, and then it was like I know you so well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then forty second Stree was like big bom and I was like, I'm out. And that was it. I broke up a fight.
Speaker 3: Can we please go out with the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Some curfet.
Speaker 3: Did you learn a lesson?
Speaker 1: My lesson is to do it again what I want to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm very excited for our next guest. He's done the show a couple of times. He's so fucking great. He's a contributor on the Daily Show.
Speaker 1: He's got multiple specials.
Speaker 3: He's so dope. We love him. You we know you will too. Hey, please give it up for Roy what Junior.
Speaker 1: June is here? So glad you're here? Wow?
Speaker 4: Now where you want me?
Speaker 1: We love you? Right there, right there, right here. That's the seed of Miny can make sure that his mic is on.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's on or not. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Should we go back to microphone the.
Speaker 4: Mic line is on, it says Red. I don't fucking know. I've been television.
Speaker 1: I think I think.
Speaker 3: Jordan's story and cut himself off.
Speaker 1: How y'all been to see you too?
Speaker 4: I mean that like there's very few people like comedians that they're fucking like. Yeah, I'm serious, like New York is, but YouTube have always been genuine and kind. And I mean we go back like at least fifteen.
Speaker 1: Something like that, probably longer thousand and six and six in Montreal. Yes, yeah, I feel like we did.
Speaker 3: No better Mondays together in LA maybe the.
Speaker 4: Black Comedy Show, Yes we did that, but also Montreal as well. But I think it was like eight when I met you at Montreal.
Speaker 3: Will we doing last comics standing together?
Speaker 4: It's possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, When you're hustling, it's a fucking blur.
Speaker 4: You just yeah and do the thing, have some drinks hopefully because you over the over the arc of that, you're able to see, you who the assholes are and who the genuine people are, and who the opportunists are and you to have never been that. It's always been genuine. I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: I love you, Oh we love you. I love you man, only my house.
Speaker 4: I'm not touring this year, like I'm like, I'm on some I gotta figure out a new way to do my comedy, so I get to it right now.
Speaker 1: So I don't. Are you spending more time with the little guy? I got the boy?
Speaker 4: He's six now, I got two episodes, a better call saut than I got.
Speaker 3: I got ship to do.
Speaker 1: But I'm here here damn serious finale and I'm freaking just the one.
Speaker 4: He's six, and it's been good, and it's kind of dope that this year was the year that I chose to kind of come off of the road because he's now cognizant of me being gone and the idea of days of the week and knowing that he'll be back this day. Ain't gone this many days. So it's been cool to you know, like we do. Like I thought I was gonna be a thug. We rode bikes across the Brooklyn Bridge together.
Speaker 1: Oh that's beautiful. It was fun, Like I fucking I loved it. I really did.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get him to push himself and Brooklyn Bridge that ain't no that ain't no no joke, that ain't no easy ride. Half whatever it was, we only stopped twice. And I couldn't have been more proud of the boy because we rode all the way across that damn thing. And so you know, I'm just I.
Speaker 1: Think the span is about two miles. Yeah, we can google it, Thank you, John J. Robling. Okay, everybody, do you.
Speaker 3: Understand when he when you're proud of him?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Does he understand what that feels like? Do you see that on him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think he understands when he's done something good. But I'm very I don't know like his mom, man, and we go parents so differently, but it's like she's the emotional reinforcement, and I feel like it's my job, motherfucker. They're trying to get you. You gotta be better, motherfucker. They're coming futher, everybody, they're coming with you. But no, I congratulate him, but I also feel like it's my job to make sure that he is prepared for failure because life is more failure than success, and it's how you survive those moments they get you to the next success, and so I'm not trying to over congratulate.
Speaker 1: By man, that was good.
Speaker 4: Now let's just let's let's let's watch the game tape and see what we can get better. You know, like I don't shit on his happiness. I let him have those moments and I celebrate that, but you know, I just want to make sure that within the congratulations that we don't lose that effort. And I think that's the important thing, the balance that she and I have because she is the the unconditional love and praise and everything is good, and I try to match them. That's the thing that's really that nobody really says about parenting is that low key like you can tell when your partner is reaching the kid on a different level than you are. So then the next week you just got to steal they shit.
Speaker 3: I hate it when my husband steals my shade.
Speaker 1: That's what I fucking that's what you do. You have to steal the ship.
Speaker 4: So now when he go to bed at night, I go, I just want you to know that I love you because you do that end of the night. I love your speech, and I don't always do that when she's not around. But now I'm like, hey man, bring it in, bring it in. I love you and everything. No matter what, you always loved and you always got people that love you. No matter what, you always got people on your side. You're never alone.
Speaker 1: She says it a lot better than I do.
Speaker 4: Stealing out the playbook, I'll be blowing bubbles with him.
Speaker 1: Oh you like bubbles? Well, even though I got bubbles too, you ain't telling me you like bubbles. I didn't know you.
Speaker 4: You got to steal.
Speaker 1: What do you think is the difference between growing up in Alabama versus growing up in New York? Well, shiit, what's the major difference?
Speaker 7: Come on, really beyond the obvious, that beyond the up because he's raising a child, and okay, raising a child, follow up growing up?
Speaker 4: And I would say the biggest difference is that when you live in a bigger city, ambition isn't a far fetched concept. So the idea of that you can do something is not wild because you're around people that do it. You're in the city where the thing is being done. Whereas in Alabama growing up, like even the concept of doing stand up comedy, this ship was another universe. This is another world, Like, this is not what you're supposed to even be a part of. And you're raised around a lot of people that are you know more you know, American biolus, and it's very much just get a job, get married, love Jesus, and eat barbecue on the fourth of July. So the idea of doing something bigger and better, like like I've always credited, you know, Ricky Smiley, who is you know now a nationally syndicated radio host, but he's a comedian and he was the first person from Alabama that I ever saw on cable, And so Ricky is from like three exits up the freeway. It took seeing Ricky Smiley for me to go, oh, I can do it. I can be from here and do this. You know, when you're from the parts they disregard, you find yourself second guessing your dreams because nobody else around you has that dream. Nobody else is very few people are dreaming beyond the horizon. This is pre internet. I'm sure it's a little more different now, but in those days, if you didn't see it, you didn't think that you could fucking do it, whereas in New York everybody's doing everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So to.
Speaker 4: Raise a child in this it's dope because I can expose him to everything. This boy is six Mandarin, karate, fucking a little bit of piano, fucking chest, can can swim, can kind of dribble of basketball like that. Like, there's so many other things that I can expose him too, faster and immediately, and he can see so many different types of people. And people think I joke when I say this, but I did not meet my first Latino until this eighth grade. Wow, just straight up never mentally. Team Birmingham is an eighty percent black city. School district is predominantly black. Every school I went to was black, except for one that I got busted out to for a year. And you know, like I didn't get a white classmate till the sixth grade, and that was because I got busted out. Everything else is just strictly it's extremely restrictive, you know, culturally speaking. So you find yourself when you get to college discovering like all of this, like making in Haitian and like that that was you.
Speaker 3: Just describe my whole ass nationality.
Speaker 4: Yes, all that shit you are. I ain't know about that ship till college. And I went to college in Tallahassee. I went to Florida and m So it's just a bunch of niggas from Miami going I ain't regular black motherfuckers. I'm so.
Speaker 3: Not the snort in the microphone away from you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: You're exposed to more sooner so you never have to question whether or not you can do something. Nothing's new when you come up in the biggest city. And I think that's the thing that has been the biggest like difference in raising my kid here. You know, I do think that there's certain aspects of the South. I do think that the heat Bill's character. I love my boy, he's a bit of a house cat. I'm trying to get that out of her. Like Southerners in here know that humidity. Like I was raised in that did you all day heat stroke? You go catch some heat stroke?
Speaker 1: Yeah, heat stroke? Did your mom ever just say like go outside and the middle of the day And it.
Speaker 4: Was just absolutely I spent every summer in Clarksdale, Mississippi, at my grandma's house when I will get out of like second third grade. It's a little town an hour south of Memphis. Shout out to Morgan Freeman and Nate Dogg. Those are the famous alarms of Clarksdale. Dude, my family is from Clarkstone, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, what's up? Cook?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We would be outside all day. The mosquito truck will come down the street. We will play in the pesticide in my south, all right, a fucking pesticide truck every day would just drive down the street, that cloud, spraying a cloud down the street, and you would go out and play in that cloud.
Speaker 1: No warning, no nothing, No, it's.
Speaker 4: Smelled amazing, fucking DDT bro exfoliance. But yeah, so when we go down, like matter of fact, we're going back home next weekend. And I got a brother's he loves to fish, fish shirt bike racing.
Speaker 3: Do you fish?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: But he does. So I'm gonna sit and watch my brother fish and teach my son. Hey, motherfucker, learn about nature. Touch the fish, don't be grossed up. Cut it, cut it off exactly.
Speaker 1: That type of ship like.
Speaker 4: That, because that's the stuff that in New York I learned. And this is something I took for granted coming from the South, is that grass is a destination. You don't just stumble upon grass. You have to play it. Saturday, would you like to go to And it's funny because they don't even call it grass. You know what New Yorkers called grass the floor, the floor, green space. That's true.
Speaker 1: Like, I won't even just go to the She's like, she'll be like, oh, yeah, the chocolate fell on the floor, and she means the sidewalk or the ground or the dirt, Like, no, that's the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess it comes from ground floor. But I'm like, what the fuck you're talking about grass in New York? Like, y'all don't just go kick it on it all the time. They got a trick y'all with jazz music and food trucks take outside?
Speaker 1: Well will there be music?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The only time you're gonnas, the Philharmonic will be there.
Speaker 3: This is I'm excited. When you say food truck, I'm like, where's my toe bag?
Speaker 4: Like but like that, the idea of you know, raising a kid, raising a city kid as a country boy, it's just it's weird because I don't know everything. I'm not like. That's that's the part that I think I have a handicap on is that I don't know everything that a New York kid will experience. So I don't know if I'm preparing him for everything. So for now, I just on some street smarts type shit. So now I'm just going through the basics of no, you know, no, everybody's phone number. I made our phone numbers the code to his tablet so he could learn phone numbers and shit like that. Right, smart, you know, And then it's like, all right, motherfucker, learn the train, learn your stops.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I'm sure. I teach my three and a half year old twins how to cross the street, and I told my kids, when you see the the orange hand blink, it's like a high five telling you to stop.
Speaker 2: So just don't cross. But when you see the person, you can go. But now every time I wanna bring my son outside, he's just like, it's a white.
Speaker 3: Person, we can go.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, the white man said, it's okay, okay, a white person. You gotta say white lights, white lights, like.
Speaker 3: It's a white person. I said, it is, but let's go. But plus my husband's white, so I'm like it checks.
Speaker 1: Out, you know what I mean. But you gotta teaching across the right way, right, which is like not just the person. It's like the person. You see the person, you don't just go. Then you gotta look wait for that biker to come by. Yeah, you gotta check the bike lanes. You know.
Speaker 4: Hit on the swivel is what I say. Uh, when he's when we ride bikes down the sidewalk to go to the West Side Highway, which is really like the only place we really ride, hit on the swivel, checking driveways, checking your blind spots. Like, but what I'm trying to do now, because you know he's going in the first grade, he's got to learn these cross streets.
Speaker 1: You have to know.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if that's just some coming up in you know, a bit of a bit of a military uristic home and then what little bit I did learn in JROTC. Just you just got to know where you are right, know where you're at, motherfucker, and figure out. Yeah, but that's what I do when we ride bikes. When we go out, We'll take the West Side all the way down from fucking Harlem and I'm like, all right, now, get us home.
Speaker 1: Oh God.
Speaker 3: It's like they do this thing in Holland callt drop offs.
Speaker 2: When you're like eleven or thirteen, your parents will just drop you off somewhere blindfolding, and then you have to they take the blindfold off and you have to figure your way back out.
Speaker 3: So it's fun. You should meet my mother in law.
Speaker 1: Listen, you guys, I get that concept.
Speaker 4: Like, I understand, I'm not going to go to that extreme because motherfucker's be kidnapping. But self reliance. Yeah, but it needs to learn that self reliance and how not to panic. And I feel like that's my job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is your job.
Speaker 2: It's the hardest job that you will never pay taxes on, now besides besides marriage, which you do pay tax Anyways, the audience had written down.
Speaker 3: Some questions about adulting. We're gonna ask them now, you're cool with that.
Speaker 4: I'm ready, Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on bringing back separate beds living spaces for couples?
Speaker 4: I lived with a woman and I snore and she wasn't with that shit. So we kind of had that fucking nineteen fifty sitcom.
Speaker 3: Hello Lucy.
Speaker 4: Yeah but no, well they slept in the same room, on the same room.
Speaker 3: But no, you're done with it.
Speaker 4: I know couples who do it. I think it's I don't want to, but I'm I'm hesitant to call anything weird.
Speaker 1: I oh, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: I think it's weird, but.
Speaker 4: No, because if it works for you, all, fucking fuck it. Because like what rule says that we should both be unconscious beside each other? How possessive are we? I'm in the house, wow around the corner, fucking I know.
Speaker 1: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: It really feels like you get to spend time with your mate without talking, and I love that.
Speaker 6: I have to say, you.
Speaker 1: Wonder why I go through so many questions, but here's one that just is a full.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My relationship status as flying solo and childless and healthy, platonic and deep friendship with my bestie has sparked rumors of us being oh my god, of us being a queer couple. I don't hate it. Should I just sit back and see? Yes?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Should you fuck your roommate because everybody think you fucking your roommate?
Speaker 1: Is that what they ask you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because that's what that's sound us. What the question is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I forget who told me this because I talked to too many people. But you could have more than one soulmate. It doesn't have to be your husband or wife or whatever the fuck. It could be one of your best friends. It could be your par it could be whoever, and it could be more than one.
Speaker 4: Right, but should you fuck him? Should you fuck that extra like if you get a bonus soul mate?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, listen, this is what I think only because you asked.
Speaker 2: Being a straight person and then realizing that you might be attracted to someone of the same sex is a very scary thing because you've already defined who you are and she might not be gay but has a connection with you, and so that is very scary for someone. But if she is going to at least acknowledge her feelings should be with a really close friend like you. I think if you're really interested, perhaps a day trip or a weekend away where you guys really can just hang out and.
Speaker 3: Focus on each other and bring it up.
Speaker 2: And if she's scared, like you have to respect that, right, but let her know that you will always be there for her if she ever wants to come to the other side.
Speaker 3: How you guys, let me get to it. Love is love.
Speaker 1: Question on Oh you gotta follow up question for you? Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, how does she approach that without jeopardizing their friendship? Right?
Speaker 3: That's the thing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So I think you ask her a question and let her do most of the talking.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: This is really about how she feels? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's on her because we know how you feel and you don't want to scare her away and be like, what I'm proposing is do you know what I mean? It's getting to a deeper level of friendship that you.
Speaker 3: Guys already have.
Speaker 4: May I suggest something? Oh yes, it is a filthy ass forty three year old man.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh god? What is the offer here? At first I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say, watch porn together. Here's the move. I've been reading this book. There's a book. There's a book that I read called You Can't Lie to Me. It's written by a former FBI interrogator who interrogated Guantanomo and al Qaeda and like all types of yeah, it's okay. It's a woman who made forty years as reading people. And the book breaks down how to read emotions and how to read micro expressions and all of that type of shit. Right, Okay, So, like Netflix got a lot of they got a lot of like queer shows, Like they got a lot of shows that talk about from various aspects of the love spectrum. Right, some of them shows, they be fucking watch one of them shows and wait till they get to one of the love scenes and then you watch her.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's more than physical if you're talking about intimate bonds and deeper level friendship. So it's more of like a safe space for her to explore, and you might have to if it does go down, take the lead. And so I mean, I'm excited for you, but I'm also nervous because I feel like, no matter what, it should be a friendship.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's get to the next question. Yeah, this one has a literal interor bang. It's like, why can't I get a dating?
Speaker 4: And why?
Speaker 1: Say? Maybe because you do too much?
Speaker 3: That sounds like a type a person that needs to make a reservation three days in. Yeah, is this your question?
Speaker 1: Why won't my wife date me?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: Dating, especially during COVID in NYC is fucking crazy, Like it is safer to suck a salty.
Speaker 3: Dick than to hug your grandma. So I don't know what to do for you, right, mom?
Speaker 1: H New York City's very tough. I will admit it feels like there's there's definitely. People don't have time for anything except for like watching somebody impersonate Michael Jackson on the subway. Yes, I don't have that guy.
Speaker 3: I always over too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's great. They don't have time for anything, right, They just even in dating. It feels like you could get one date, maybe another, but then the person will just lose interests because they can go find somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a buffet. Everyone's got options, So lock it the fuck down. If you're interested, don't overthink. You know, that's the fuck dude.
Speaker 3: If you like someone, there's probably not gonna be someone fucking better.
Speaker 1: So just do it. May I get the fuck down, sit on it, spit on.
Speaker 3: It, do whatever the fuck you gotta do. Get the fuck down, air horn.
Speaker 1: Or or or and or okay, and or My friend just started going to Philadelphia and got married. Wow. Yeah, she's got two kids and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she found him in Philadelphia and brought him back up here, now was it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He was like, all right, she she outsourced the dick. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Like college football, you ain't got a recruit in your region, fine athletes all over the country. You want to completely so many prospects. What financial advice would you give a broke millennial?
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh yuck. You know what, go to Treasurydirect dot of right now. What you can do is there's Treasury Treasury bonds, Yes, an I bond which is index to the interest rates which are going up as we know. Ten thousand dollars you can put in this year. But that's but let me tell you something. It's a night. You're not gonna find a better deal around here. At nine percent, you can't lose on a bond. This is your dad talking to you right now. Also, don't put your money in crypto. Don't do it, don't do it. Wow.
Speaker 4: My advice to broke millennial would be, don't fuck your roommate unless the least about to be up. That's a real ass is more valuable than a soulmate. In this animal York nug he's dropping.
Speaker 1: You want to ask us on is it normal to be exhausted by people that ask no questions?
Speaker 2: What is it normal to be follow that up with a question that's so crazy? Yeah, yeah, I don't understand. It's a two way street, like have a conference.
Speaker 1: No, that's not no. I think they're with somebody that doesn't ask any questions. I think they're dating somebody that doesn't ask questions, and that that person seems like they're just They either are disinterested, yes.
Speaker 3: Or have a family. You're the side piece. They're fucking tired. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not curious about you, you're not interesting?
Speaker 3: Or what's your question?
Speaker 4: I'm forty two? Am I too old to wear T shirts? With prints?
Speaker 1: With prints? Or severe? Last question?
Speaker 4: There's a forty three year old man. Let me say something to you. You are too old, unless unless you're into music or it's some vintage T shirts. If we're talking like your favorite cartoon from two years ago, Like, I don't want to see you in a Rick.
Speaker 1: And Morty T shirt like that.
Speaker 4: ThunderCats allowable ThunderCats, you go old school? Fine, but if you're like, look at me, I am wearing a Bob's Burgers fus No, I don't think so. I think that'd be you. So. I think the problem, though, is that if you dress, if you're dress in a way that is acceptable to people that don't matter, then you attract the wrong people and then you do my food going. Why can't I date in New York.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean when people stay dressed for the job you want, that also means in life like just in life, like just for the life you want, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but this is coming from a guy who's dated a woman who had an issue with some of the shit that he wore and the like in the back half. I kind of regretted that ship because I was like, Uh, broke up. Fuck that, what's my Gui Joe shirt? Put that shit back on immediately, because that's who I am. You know, eighty seventy percent of the time I'm dressed down. But you thought you was getting daily show suit nigga around the clock.
Speaker 1: No, that is a character, right.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be able to be with someone if I didn't like how they dress. Period. It's a thing that attracts me.
Speaker 2: And I don't need someone to be on some Kanye West shit Like you don't need to like come up with like a new line.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You don't have to have the hottest shit.
Speaker 2: But it really, to me is like pride in yourself, and to me, that's fucking attractive.
Speaker 4: Where is the line between someone leveling you up and them altering you into what they wish that actually dated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that's the hard part.
Speaker 3: I think when they buy you something and then keep asking you to wear it.
Speaker 4: Right, I've been in that type of relationship before.
Speaker 1: It's like that shit in the movie Vertigo where he's like, where this the green dress?
Speaker 3: Seen Vertigo? Or if it's just Jordan okay?
Speaker 1: Oh for fullyable?
Speaker 3: All right, all right, anyways, this has been amazing.
Speaker 2: Hey, Roy, we ask every guest, what is the most adult thing you want to do for yourself this year that you haven't done yet.
Speaker 4: I want to go to South Korea to watch baseball.
Speaker 1: Amazing fucking around you were not fucking around.
Speaker 4: I want to watch I love baseball, and South Korean baseball in Japanese baseball too. It's like a college football atmosphere, but baseball is happening around you. And if you don't fuck with baseball, you're not gonna understand why this makes me happy. But I don't know. I just it's the sport that I love, is the sport I grew up, and to be able to see it somewhere else played differently, that's the only thing I'm looking forward to. That I gotta perform in Hawaiian two weeks and there's a there's a dope ass hot dog placed three islands up from Honolulu, and motherfucker, I promise you, I'm going to have me a goddamn pooka dog, Poka dog nigga. And the bread is a tube and they put the hot dog in the tube of bread. There's no openings. I don't even know how the engineer this shit. It's just fucking the puka dog. And that's Those are the two things gonna go three islands. Only reason I took the gig in fucking Honolulu is so I can't go to the other island.
Speaker 3: That is so real.
Speaker 1: Please give it up for unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Oh man, wait a minute, but I mean Reywood Junior tickles me silly. I loved his answer for what's the most adult thing you want to do for yourself? Going to go see a baseball game in South Korea is definitely one of the most original answers we've heard, and I'm obsessed with that. Like I've been talking to my friends about it. I'm like, have you seen games in different countries? And They're like, we have, and it is such a great experience. The air is different, the soda is different, you know, the conversations are different, like how people act and stuff. And I'm like, he has inspired me to put that on my adulting list.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're gonna go put the soul and soul. You're gonna go watch baseball in South Korea?
Speaker 2: No, not that, but I definitely would love to go see a soccer and or a football game in Holland the next time I go.
Speaker 1: Oh see, Okay, okay, okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's never been one of my priorities. It's like, let's go to a nice dinner, let's get a nice cocktail. But it's like, there are other things to do in life besides eating drink. Not many that I love, but that is one.
Speaker 1: What about you and me? You and me? Yes at Wimbledon? Yes, tennis whites, Yes on a Sunday. Yes, think about it. Answer me with your eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go. Are you serious?
Speaker 2: I'll get some security detail and people will be like, damn, Megan marco Let herself gone, we don't know Megan that black friends like that. That'd be great, that'd be great. You know what the first time I ever went to a tennis game. Was with my husband in Queens and because he loves tennis, you was open, yes, yes, And I didn't realize that.
Speaker 3: I was like like a black person in a movie theater. I was like, you better go girl, but nobody was doing that. It was like I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I love. I want a one day go to like I want to see the Paris Open. I want to see the red clay of it all. You know. I want to go to Wimbley Done. I want to see the grass of it all. I've gone, you know, I've gone to US opened me on concrete because it's New York City on concrete. It's it's more like it's Wheeler. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that the US Open. I've never seen so many Cheetah sneakers. Just it's a lot of cheetah. I'm just gonna go ahead.
Speaker 1: And say that a lot of cheetah sneakers.
Speaker 3: A lot of cheetah sneakers. I don't know why, or how or when cheetah print. Cheetah print.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to listen, kicking in listen, you're painting a picture, and I love because you have to understand that you're in Queens, so that's very accessible to Long Island. So you're getting people from Long Island on that ron conka a train, on that wine dance of it all. They're coming right there, you know, and and I know it Long Eyelands a wrong.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, what's your preferred cocktail at a game?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, oh wow?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: I usually ask for like a rye and ginger, Like just a rye whiskey with ginger out. Yeah, it's a little twist of lime. You know. It's a It's a very refreshing bev and keeps you, keeps you cool? You know, does you? It doesn't? What do you like?
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna have to say rose all day, honey, put some more ice in it and let me sip sip.
Speaker 3: I hate when they don't let me take a double. Let me have a double.
Speaker 2: I'm a tired as mom with backfat and freckles, delicious, and I've worked really hard to settled the afternoon to go give me a double. I am drinking responsible because I'm taking a uber or lyft whatever.
Speaker 1: My dream, yes, my dream at the US Open is to have one of those like boxes one day when I win the lotto and get a paper route. I'm gonna get one of those boxes and then.
Speaker 2: You feel, Jordan, we will this and you know what I want to do. I want to do a box and I want to have a rotisserie chicken all to myself with no four knife. How I watch a game at home is how I want to watch a game in public.
Speaker 1: Just yes, yes, going yes, he just with a breast, just like marinating it.
Speaker 3: Just licking my mummum delicious. No high fiving, no high fiving, just yummy.
Speaker 2: You have to be like all fancy and cute when you go to like sporting events and then you go to like the area where the cool people hang, and it's always like miniature, bite sized bull shit. Just give me a whole rag. Why are you giving me us spoon of macrimony and cheese?
Speaker 1: I want a bowl you want Listen when we went to that Jets game, which was questionable at best, like, I know, wait, let's set it up.
Speaker 2: I got tickets to a Jets game and I thought it was gonna be in New York and it was in Jersey, and I was like, this is a lot further than.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna tell us.
Speaker 2: Like nobody to the GPS told me, and I invited you and your wife and it was like, definitely in the middle of the COVID and I don't know that you want to go to Jersey in the middle of COVID and a sports event because it was all noses. Everybody's nose was out, nobody was vaccinated.
Speaker 3: It was wild.
Speaker 2: But what I do love about you and your wife, even though you guys are petite people, you pack your plate.
Speaker 1: Up, put it away, and then you and then your wife.
Speaker 2: I love it because if it's like a good smoked salmon, she's like, oh, you gotta go see what they got with it.
Speaker 1: Like it's a secret.
Speaker 3: It's a secret.
Speaker 1: They put a whole they put a whole pork shoulder in the bloody Mary. I was like, yes, it was crazy.
Speaker 4: I just like I.
Speaker 1: Was so dehydrated by the end of the y'all. Of course, we're like logical and like we're like we're getting out of here. You're like making big eyes and us We're like, Nah, this is gonna be great. It's the Jets. Why not risk at all? Why not risk my life for the Jets. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: You guys got there before us and left after us. I'm like, we're gonna go now.
Speaker 1: And they won. The Jets won. That was the craziest part. That was the only game they won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I love that you guys appreciate things too.
Speaker 2: They gave us a hat, all of us hats, and I was like, okay, another hat that won't fit my head.
Speaker 3: And you were like, look at the quality of this hat. Submit did you feel the rip? Oh?
Speaker 2: It is so good and it's washable and soft. And I was like, okay, just into the hat. I'm gonna give like somebody I don't know because.
Speaker 1: I'm such a jigglo for free stuff though, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Like, you really are. It made you so happy. I was like, should I give him this one?
Speaker 1: You should have? And then later on I was like in the dead of winter, I was like, whe're not gonna chat sap from It's like oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah. I can't throw it away now. I mean, who's gonna take it?
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 1: It's like trying to throw out a recycling can. Ain't nobody gonna take that. You better put it back. It's gonna keep washing up like a bad penny. This was fun.
Speaker 3: Now, I have to go clean my closet.
Speaker 1: Do it all right, Marie Condo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta go, spark joy and say hi to my house. Bye everyone, Thanks for joining us. Natalie, come fix it.
Speaker 1: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 3: Our senior producer is Natalie Wrinn.
Speaker 1: Senior Managing Producer is Hannah Kyle Kraichny.
Speaker 3: This episode was sound design and.
Speaker 1: Engineered by Ryobam.
Speaker 3: Our guest booker is Patrick Cotner.
Speaker 1: Our theme song in live show DJing is by DJ don Well.
Speaker 2: This Bellhouse Show was produced by Olivia Levine. Photography by Fender Most, artwork.
Speaker 1: By Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 2: Executive produced by Karen Kilgarriff, Georgia Harstark, and Danielle Kramer.
Speaker 1: Follow the show on Instagram at Adulting the Pot.
Speaker 2: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com