Speaker 1: Welcome back to the locker room. It is a wild card a weekend at the beginning of the season. There we're thirty two teams with hopes and dreams and aspirations of making it to the dance and finally winning a Super Bowl. Only fourteen teams remain. We got six games. We're gonna give you picks on all six of those games. Do me a favor, subscribe, rate five stars and comment.
Speaker 2: If you do it all.
Speaker 1: It does, it doesn't affect you at all, and it helps us a whole bunch. We love you guys. We got the Landy Walker, Will Compton my self tail of the one. We're gonna have a hell of a show today. Let's win them all. Bake hugs, tiny kisses.
Speaker 3: All right, Welcome to the locker room. We are presented by Fireball Whiskey. So many things make football great, but you know what the best thing is the living shit out of your rival And there's that actually no better feeling as an athlete or fan, And Fireball Whiskey is here to give you the spark to ignite that rivalry flame all season long. Grab your football buddy by a round and reignite that val rivalry. Flame wild card weekend. I can't believe we're here. Hey, before we get going, I got you gotta hear this bet.
Speaker 4: Let's do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So I come in.
Speaker 2: He's just talking nonsense always.
Speaker 3: You're saying, there's not going to get drafted in the first round because he probably saw a tweet that's had a couple of scouts doesn't have him as a first round grade.
Speaker 2: That sounds like and I graded him. Our bet a thousand. You've graded him. What do you know about quarterback? Nothing?
Speaker 3: A thousand dollars. Bet a thousand dollars bet that he goes in the top two rounds. If he goes beyond that, Delaney wins.
Speaker 4: What you think of that bet?
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna lose a thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: He ain't going, he said, he said, he goes. He said, there is gonna slip to the fifth round.
Speaker 1: Mark my words, Delaney Delaney.
Speaker 4: All right, my name alone, that'll mean anything.
Speaker 1: He could have a will of a situation where he falls in the second round, but he's not going past the second.
Speaker 3: It's a water down class, bro. I'm telling you these teams are gonna reach.
Speaker 4: But this is an offensive line draft. This year, a lot of old line gonna go.
Speaker 2: That's gonna push the line draft every year.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it should be, but it's not. It's watch, it's gonna push this draft back. That's what happens. Once the old line is gonna go, then it's gonna go d line, then running back, then quarterbacks. Watch. Just wait.
Speaker 1: First off, I think you did see a couple of reporters. I saw the same ones and you got really froggy on that. You probably drove in your car. Call three of your buddy said, Hey, listen, I got some huge insight on Sanders.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: This is premature jacket halfway the whole time. Well you have only half cold.
Speaker 4: I'm just chilling, you know, swagging with.
Speaker 2: That look, Yeah, you think of swag.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One of those. He had one of those full mers at his house. He sat there for a little bit.
Speaker 4: With Yeah, I slept in this.
Speaker 1: It's way too early. It's a way to really I slept him there. It's way too early to figure it out.
Speaker 4: It's way too early.
Speaker 1: Combine has to happen, Interviews have to happen. Like he's gonna find his way into that first round. He will find his way into that first round and he lost a good quarterback. Give him a chance.
Speaker 4: He not going good quarter going in the first I ain't taking it back.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I ain't taking it We should even so confident.
Speaker 2: We should twice on that ship.
Speaker 4: Twice he not going in the first round.
Speaker 1: When I came in here and said that better than.
Speaker 4: Him right now, camp quarterback, Cam, that's one quarterback, and he the only one that's gonna go in the top first, second, first and second round.
Speaker 2: And it's one quarterback is gonna be drafted the top two.
Speaker 1: We need to find out when the last time that happened.
Speaker 2: I was trying to tell him about the water down class.
Speaker 3: I think it was around like twenty ten, where Christian ponderings up going like top thing. He's like, oh, because he's white, because there is black, he won't just go in the first or second round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, onward, I mean crazy.
Speaker 4: Mark Jackson, Lamar Jackson mixed Jayde Daniels mixed Anthony Richardson Beast and in the performance he put on at the combine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're black and they're in the first round.
Speaker 4: It's a whole new era.
Speaker 2: I want to come up here.
Speaker 1: Look at the stats. Look at how many black guys are drafting in the first round. How many black guys are drafting the first round?
Speaker 4: Five? Way more white guys drafted in the first round. I mean, that's that's crazy, way more white guys.
Speaker 2: What do you talk?
Speaker 4: And it's in the NFL ninety eight percent black, and it's still more white dudes drafted in the first round.
Speaker 1: They're just you're just saying, you're literally just saying words.
Speaker 4: I'm not it's true. You're looking it up man Jap.
Speaker 2: Drake By Joe.
Speaker 3: J. J.
Speaker 2: McCarthy, bow Nicks, Rock Cours.
Speaker 1: You better help that back right there.
Speaker 2: He's got five five fingers up. Graham Barton that's six, and Ricky.
Speaker 4: Seven, and then everybody else was black.
Speaker 1: That's seven out of thirty two picks.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, yeah, you gotta you gotta fact check me. So I don't believe unless I see it.
Speaker 1: Dan, you see it? Do you watch your draft?
Speaker 4: I don't watch the draft?
Speaker 3: But you you you you say it like it's it's true if you you Donald Trump d So you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't pay atition the draft. No, you don't pay attention to draft at all. Hell, So why are you making a bet based on the draft.
Speaker 4: Because I'm gonna win. This is what I do. Okay, I just yeah right, I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 2: Should we start with this favorite team?
Speaker 1: Let's start with this.
Speaker 3: Yes, the favorite the Chargers at the Texans. Chargers are faired by two and a half. The over under on this game is forty three and a half. Boys, two and a half seems a bit, seems a bit small. Yeah, is that you think the Chargers gonna Chargers?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I feel like the charge would his favorite pretty heavy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Texans have no receivers at the moment, but Nico and then they added uh Deontay Johnson at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like hardball. I like I like the Chargers. I like the makeup.
Speaker 2: They have a good defense, they played balance on offense. They have a running game.
Speaker 3: Your boy Herbert can throw the ball around, and I just like.
Speaker 4: Like ranf You saw the touchdown. Well, I don't know if he's did he score on that play, but.
Speaker 1: He ran, he did, he rant, He got wheels too.
Speaker 4: The kids.
Speaker 1: He's got some stats that he's in a League of one right now. Like the kid is an absolute stud, a League of one Chargers playing up.
Speaker 3: He's got just it's it's just like the League of one. It's like, Okay, well, what Joe Burrow's not in this Lamar Jacks.
Speaker 1: He's got some stats that would make him in a league of one. That's a that's a fair and factual statement.
Speaker 2: Oh like his only his stats are his and his alone, So he's in a league.
Speaker 1: That's one way to look at it. The other way is how many yards he's thrown for in the first however many years of his NFL career is the highest, the high, putting him in the one category that would be a stat that put him in one of one. All right, did I say that he's a top.
Speaker 2: Two quarterback that you said he's a league of one.
Speaker 1: He's got a League of one in some of the stats.
Speaker 2: His stats are his own.
Speaker 1: I think the Chargers Houston, the Houston Texans a it's a difficult place to play, especially in the payoffs. I haven't played there, but in the playoffs. However, playing there in general that done when that place is rocking, is a very difficult place to play. Chargers do have to travel all the way to Houston. I think when you look at Harball, the enthusiasm that he came in. At first, I'm sure a lot of guys are like, what the hell are we doing? This college type shit is not going to work in the NFL. All of a sudden, you start to win some close games that you would have lost last year now turn into wins this year. He is owning the culture, and I think every guy there, all fifty three guys on that team are drinking every bit of kool aid that he's pouring for them. They are fully bought into the culture. They believe the Chargers on the up and up. They're stoked to be a part of this franchise. And then you look at the Texans. Texans start what six and two? They start six and two in the season, you think, all right, Texas are gonna be the Texans. Yet again, they've had a very turbulent, rocky back half of the year. They sustained some injuries, they lose digs, they lose those bell and it just doesn't feel like the dangerous team that they were in the beginning half of the year. And I like to look at these playoffs as what team is doing this at the right time. You look at the Philadelphia Eagles, We'll we talk about later. You'll get them. Last year, the way they finished their season as opposed to starting their season showed a big way in the playoffs. For that reason, I'm gonna take the Chargers. I don't know if it's going to be a blowout. I think two and a half is fair. I think they're gonna win this game. I think when you get in the playoffs and all of these games are relatively competitive, like these are the best, These are the best of the best, These are the fourteen teams that deserve to be in and I think the Chargers take this one.
Speaker 2: And wild card weekends usually fireworks.
Speaker 1: The fireworks. There's going to be an upsett in here somewhere. I haven't sniffed it out yet, but I have an idea of who it might be.
Speaker 3: Were you with Harball's first year at the Niners, I was, how far do you guys go?
Speaker 4: We went to the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's like it's building off of the thought of is what college is gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like car Ball is proven to come in first year and just turn right, and I do. I like riding that. I like riding that way with the Chargers right now, especially because the Texans we're all in Chargers.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing that's kind of giving me some some nerves.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to like you were talking like this fiery team in the beginning of the year too, even when they were six and two, they were kind of like it didn't seem like they were progressing from how they ended the year last year, yeah, or building off that, Like I feel like they've been kind of turbuting.
Speaker 2: All year long.
Speaker 3: So it just and the Chargers are clicking at the right time and again playoff football. I fect the Chargers are built for. I feel like their team overall is built for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: If you look at like you just remember playing, like how like short memory you'd have, Like you win a game one week and kind of vibes are high, you lose the next week vibes are low. So when you end the season in a way like the next team we're gonna talk about he's lost four in a row, like the vibes in that room, it's like, yeah, we're here, but like how much better? Like is he going to get better?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: As opposed to winning a few games, fighting your way into the playoffs and being like, hey, we're going into this thing kind of firing all cylinders. There's just a different mentality with those things when you're winning games, Like, it's hard not to jump on the roller coaster that is the NFL season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean you got JK back and they brought Haskin in. I didn't he go to Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went to Michigan. One of hard balls class. He's yeah, he's actually playing well.
Speaker 4: He's been playing pretty well, playing well. I think they fired all cylinders. The Chargers good to me.
Speaker 1: I like it. That's a sneaky team in this playoff.
Speaker 3: It is very, very still and they continue to hit this like they will be the ones traveling.
Speaker 2: To the Chiefs fired up.
Speaker 1: I bet you would. I'd be fired up for the next game. Steelers are at the Ravens in Division game. Ravens are favorite at nine and a half. Total points in the game is forty four and a half. Will well, yeah, mabe.
Speaker 3: I'm I think I like the Steelers with the points. I think they have no chance of winning this game. I think they have no shot at winning this game. They were scoreless in the first quarter last week when we were talking on the locker room. They've been like six games where they haven't scored a touchdown. Now they're at four games. I think in a road to where they haven't even put points on the board in the first quarter, I think they're gonna start slow. I just don't think they have offense. Bro I don't think they have offense going for him right now. I don't think they can run the ball. They're just they're always behind the chains. The Ravens defense is top notch. It is in division, and historically the Steelers kind of have the Ravens numbers. Yes, even though the Ravens being like thirty four to seven last game, yea, and with Mitch Hear they're thirteen and three against a spread. When they're getting points against the Baltimore Ravens, they might have that little bit of life to whrop. That's why I'm going to take the Steelers with the points. But the Ravens are winning this game. Yeah, that's a fantastic stat. Match, that's that's a that's a great stat. Yeah I think that. Yeah, this is a Ravens ball game. But with nine and a half points, it's like the Steelers are pretty much dead.
Speaker 2: I know they're.
Speaker 3: They're a team that's in the playoffs, but shouldn't be in the playoffs. Base somehow they've kind of.
Speaker 2: Ended the year.
Speaker 4: Like you said, they limped in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You would like to see the Bengals get in over.
Speaker 4: I would have rather see the Bengals. The performance would have been a lot better, changed.
Speaker 1: Trending and in the right direction at the end of the year. Man, you really would to hope they get them in. I know all of our bets last week were kind of revolved around as if are going to do anything. Yeah, I like I like the Ravens. I could see the Ravens covering this game. I'm going to take the Steelers with the points, just because it's in division game. Tomlin, I think his league as a coach wild card. This game is gonna come down to game plans, and I think you see the Ravens there. They've consistently dominated the regular season. Lamar Jackson has consistently been in the MVP race, and then we get in the playoffs and it's like, what's happened to the Ravens. The thing that I think is different this year is their run game is the opportunity to not just have Lamar run the ball, but twenty two in the back.
Speaker 2: Benjamin Button.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Benjamin Button. He has the most yards of any running back over the age of thirty in a season like he is proving that father time. He's one of those father time guys. And to be able to give the almost aid Delanny Dereck Henry the ball twenty plus times a game and take some of that pressure off Lamar so he can make the throws down field he hass and take it every once in a while. That's a huge recipe for success and sustaining time of possession. That's when you start to break down and the guys that you're playing this late in the season, in the playoffs and the snow's possibly on the ground, those ailments, those bumps, those bruises, they start to feel like a little bit more. And so I of the Ravens, I hope their game plan revolves around run first, because that is their recipe for success. You watch them the playoffs last year. They tried to do this high flying things and Lamar unfortunately missed few throws when they could have just ran the ball and probably gotten away with that game. If they commit to the run game, like it's already proven in their stats. When they commit to the run game with Derek Henry, they win games and their defense plays well, which they have consistently. They're going to have the Steelers thinking about Kabo San Lucas by halftime. That's that's what their their goal should be is break them down, and so they're feeling all those pains. They know at the end of the year the season is going to be over after this game. Break their will in the first thirty minutes of that game. I'm still gonna think the Steers of points because of Tomlin.
Speaker 2: I think it's a big game two for the Ravens tight end room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ye isaaa likely. Dude. I like him and he's not talked about enough. He had a fantastic game against the Chiefs in Week one Thursday Night Football. Literally his toe right was the difference in that game. But he is He's got wiggle, he's got ahead at.
Speaker 4: The mark and beasting too.
Speaker 2: Though I like a likely touchdown.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: I think that's a good I think that's a good.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: I think that's a good.
Speaker 1: One he's got. But he's got just enough wiggle too. He's got that kind of like how that Travis Kelsey eske where it's like literally his body's going one way, but his you know, it looks like he's going the other. I do like likely quite a bit.
Speaker 3: And you watch the Chiefs game too, you're throwing some window dressing and take advantage of the linebacker room for the Steelers, their eyes, like Travis Kelsey is wide open on so many different occasions. Actions, action screens like just get guys anticipating, you gotta shut down Derek Henry and building some creative plays.
Speaker 1: And when when you're with the Ravens, when you're raising throwing the balls, like if your game playing consists of inside the hashes to out and you're utilizing those tight ends quite a bit because they have two tight ends as receiving weapons, that's a big deal. That's a quick way to get those small chunks if your run game is getting stuffed a little bit. And then back to the run.
Speaker 4: Game, and again y'all said that the tight ends, it actually helps because you gotta spy lamar. So that middle linebacker whoever it is, the spy queen, Yeah, chasing, chasing around, so you do the play action he steps to the side, that linebacker flows middle open put to the tight ends over the ball always works.
Speaker 1: You brought up a good point about how the game plan Lamar. When you're playing a guy like Lamar, if you're rushing your four guys, the idea that should be with your edge rushers don't go past the quarterback and it allows too much holes and then condense the middle of the pocket and then slowly, like a bow constrict come in on him and hopefully your back end can hold coverage. When you have a guy like TJ. Watt, who is supremely talented, who's unbelievable and makes amazing plays, but he makes a lot of plays the way his brother made plays, He's not extremely gap sound. He likes to run around the edge a whole lot. He'll take the chance and the opportunity to use the B gap in the run game and leave his sea gap, which is probably his responsibility, and he makes a lot of TFLs. That's when guys like Lamar, who have that elite athletic ability, will kind of hurt you in a lot of ways because he'll feel that pressure on the back end and be able to scoop under that B gap and kind of wiggle his way out and that's where you see the explosive runs. It's about those eleven guys condensing the pocket and keeping everything in front of you from the back end standpoint.
Speaker 2: But I see that too.
Speaker 3: And then on the flip side, it's like the Steelers have always kind of found a way.
Speaker 2: To defeat Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: Right, So it is kind of like a little bit of a mind fuss because you're right saying all those things when you're defens sitting in there, those are all the rules you want to play when you're playing Lamar Jackson, and tj Wy does go rogue. But it's something the Steelers, for whatever reason, they've been able to figure out ways to defeat.
Speaker 1: And exactly what you're talking about is the reason the hesitation why I'm not taking the big line with the Ravens, because the Steelers have kind of always found a way to have some sort of success or at least keep it close against a great Ravens football team. It's if this was a different team with the same record and the same everybody with a different name, You're I'm taking the Ravens minus nine and a half. But because of the Steelers, because of Tomlin, that is that's the reason why you can see this with at ten point, you.
Speaker 4: Could say Tomlin, but he ain't out there playing like last week, Russ could have got out of bounce, say some time on the clock so them to get down there and at least get a field goal, but he fucking comed Kazi ran right into the dB so fucking stupid run the clock down like I'm taking the Ravens minus nine and a half.
Speaker 1: And general as a veteran quarterback, the Super Bowl champion quarterback, you have to understand that situation. We'll have that that hero's mentality, just trying to be the hero for the team. More definitely, Broncos at Bills do are we gonna talk about this for a long time?
Speaker 2: No, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's I'm going Bills all the I think Josh Allen is I think, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think the Denver to the Northeast. I think bow Knicks. They've they've won one of their last three games, and the one game they won was a team that sat all their Otherwise, We're not looking at this team in the playoffs right at all. I have no belief in the Broncos. I think it's outstanding what they did in the turnaround they've had with bow Knicks. I think I think if you're sitting Mile High Country right now, you're really excited about the Broncos and what they're going to do for you because they get Sean Payton bow next. They messed together really well. This seems like a year that we could really be talking about the Bills in February. The Bills just seem different. They seem very different right now. I like them a lot. I'm taking the Bills with the points. The Bills, by the way, I didn't say this. The Bills are favored at eight and a half points toll points, the game is forty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to go Broncos with the points.
Speaker 3: I do think the Bills win. They take care of business. But I think that the Bills this is like they.
Speaker 2: Have to win their morning routine.
Speaker 3: This is their morning routine game where they got to get up, they got to get a workout in and everything else because they are hungry, you know, they want It's that AFC Championship game against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying they're going to overlook it.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's extremely difficult to go out to Buffalo at.
Speaker 2: This point in the year in January.
Speaker 3: I do think the Bills will take care of business and win this game. But I think the Broncos, I think they can be a little frisky. I'm going to take the eight and a half points. I do think the Bills win like late, like they're gonna come from behind him win. I just think it's gonna be a close game all the way down to the end. So I'm gonna take the Broncos with the points.
Speaker 1: If seeing the books, still a need to take in the Bills of the Broncos.
Speaker 3: And to you you look at how the uh the ball kind of bounce around the end zone like a play that the Chiefs usually get right where it bounce off all the different defenders and then Sutton comes down with the ball for a touchdown. Like those, you need the ball to bounce your way a little bit. They might have a little bit of luck going to the walk weekend. Even though that the Chiefs are sitting a lot of people and they weren't playing with their stars and Carson Wentz was playing like offensively. The confidence you still put up thirty eight points. You still you still r squad.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure if you're shot all playing, but yeah, like for sure, if you're shouting painting, that's the narrative you're trying to a head. Boys, when we do it right, this is what we can put on the board. We can put these types of points on the board. But every player in there that knows what they're talking about is like, yeah, we didn't play against nobody, nobody, and it's it goes it kind of it's a theme, right, Like these teams are kind of doing this at the end of the year. They kind of just had a little blip because they beat their team sitting all their guys. Yeah, as opposed to Bills that, dude, I really other than their defense can meet being shaky sometimes, I truly believe in the Bills this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be a cold game too, boy, Yeah, very cold.
Speaker 3: Packers NFC now Packers that Eagles. Eagles are fair by four and a half.
Speaker 2: The over runner on this game is forty six and a half.
Speaker 4: This is my ballsy pick.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You're taking Eagles Packer and I'm taking the Packers.
Speaker 2: I think the Packers.
Speaker 4: I'm taking it.
Speaker 2: You look at who they've lost.
Speaker 3: You like, you can throw the Bears game out of the window. But they lost the Vikings twice, they lost the Lions twice, and I think they lost to Eagles very early in the year about a two points. Yeah, yeah, the Packers. The Packers can play man. They have a very good defense. Yes, Alexander is on ir but if they can shut down which is a tall task, if they can, They're not gonna shut down Saquon Barkley, but keep them at Bakee under ninety yards rushing, like, the Packers are gonna have a shot.
Speaker 2: I like the Packers.
Speaker 4: I mean, you got two good running backs in this game. You got Jacob, Yeah, you got Barkley. I mean this is gonna be a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this could be the best the best game of the weekend. Actually the last bulletp here, it might be the best game of the week. Okay, I like that. I like the Eagles. You can see the pain on sa Quon's Barkley face as he's doing a locker room interview talking about wanting the record, talking with his family about it. The coach coming in saying, hey, we're gonna sit you this week. I know it's not what you want. However, we have to think about the big picture of things that any true competitor, when they are told to them they don't want to hear. They take that and they take that chip and they just place that thing gently on their on their shoulder as if it's a seed and they watered a couple times a day. Now that seed, he's got a chip. He's like, I wasn't able to get this record, but I'm sure there's some sort of playoff, rushing record that he's gonna look at and be like, fucking I'm gonna beat that instead. That's the big difference between this this Eagles scene from last year this year, plus the record going in Like the records were similar, however, the way they got to that record is much different. Strengthened the beginning of the year weakness at the end of the year, that is now flipped to where the Eagles are very strong at the end of the year and they're firing in a lot of ways. Adrian Brown's pissed off. Right, you got a Brandon Graham He's doing a radio show saying eleven and one, we don't know if they're gonna long. All of a sudden. The next week he's tossed it to aj AG's got a smile on his face. You get in the playoffs, all that petty bullshit in the locker room kind of goes away because you realize that you have a squad and you have a roster that can fight for something that's bigger than yourself. The regular season, your stats are what your stats are. Now it's about how do we get more points than the other team for three more times. That's all you have to do is win three more games. I love the Eagles in this pick. I think the Eagles four and a half. I think Saquon Barkley has a massive game. Not to anything away from the Packers. I love the Packers that they're in the strongest division and the game the teams they lost you is just you know, that's a huge selling point. But I love how the Eagles have kind of flipped the script on what their seasons looked like from twenty four. If from twenty three to twenty four, I think the Eagles are very strong. I like I like it.
Speaker 3: Go Commanders, Commanders at Buccaneers. Buccaneers favored by three over under on this game is fifty and a half or what are we feeling?
Speaker 2: What we feel with the Commanders.
Speaker 1: I like the Bucks.
Speaker 2: I like the Bucks too. I like the Barday that doesn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if the Commanders are are as good as I've assumed them to be. I think when you look at the turnaround, when you look at coach Quinn, they have between between guys on the Pro Bowl roster and alternates. They have thirteen guys in the Pro Bowl this year. You know how many of those are from Ron Rivera? That zero really because a great stat. Gruden drafted Scary Terry. But the turnaround that the Commanders have had, They've had an incredible season, but they've been playing just okay against against not very good football team. So at the back half of the year, I think the Bucks they just trend that you got Mike Evans, who you know how many consecutive seasons over eleven. I think they're cooking. I think Baker Mayfield's ready to go. I think that offense is ready to go. The defense is going to play a little bit. I mean, it is layoff season. Everybody's gonna up their game a little bit more. And I just think that they have too much for the Commanders and they're at home in Tampa. I like the Bucks with the three points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like Mitch said, Commanders, that's the pick here. I think Commanders might be the pick here or the over Commanders be.
Speaker 1: I think the Commanders is a franchise are very happy with the outcome of this season. They feel very proud. They're they're like, we know we have a quarterback for the future. We feel good about it, dan Quinn. We feel great about that. Obviously, see the Pro Bowl thing. I didn't know that. That's a that's an incredible stat So as a franchise that's been in turmoil for so long, you see this season, You're like, we don't know if this is our year, but fuck, we are so excited about the future of this team. We know we got the right head coach, we know we got the right quarterback. They're they're ecstatic about what the future is going to bring. I don't think they're focused as much as the Bucks. The Bucks have quietly become a fantastic franchise. The ownership stays out of it. Bulls has done a great job. He's he speaks softly but carries carries a big stick, stick type of mentality, and they bring in a guy Baker Mayfield after Tom Brady to kind of take over the reins. No, there's a lot of confusion of whether or not he's going to be able to do that. He has obviously done as a hundred million dollar contract. The way the team rallies around a guy like Mike Evans when he catches that ball they don't even get it first down, but gets himself a thousand yards for the eleventh straight season, and the whole team, the crowd, the whole team clears, clears the benches, just to celebrate for a moment. There's not a there's not a bum in a seat that entire time, Like that's that's an exciting thing that you know is only great for one guy, Like that's awesome, but it's really just one guy. Yeah, And I think there's something about this Tampa Bay team that they're rallying around something special. They're trying to do something special this year, as opposed to a franchise that is happy to be happy to be there, but more excited about their future. And I think Baker Mayfield, he's got one little piece left to kind of get some st like get the official first overall pick stench off them and that's winning playoff games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, this is a dude, this is a quarterback.
Speaker 1: This is Yeah, you win this game, you're officially like now you're being talked about as one of the top tier quarterbacks. Now you're getting talked about like, oh, we know, Tampa Bay's got a great quarterback. They don't have to worry about that, as opposed to you know, every year telling like okay, do you Keith Baker?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Like there's always there's always a narrative.
Speaker 3: Going like I love the way Baker plays to like the dude just Ball's Yeah, he's a win good quarterback because.
Speaker 1: He's like top five and he's a playoff quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, categories and at person.
Speaker 1: I think I'm I'm I'm stoked for both these franchises. I got a warm, fuzzy feeling when I think about the Commanders and the Bucks. I think the Bucks take this one minus three.
Speaker 4: About the Bucks, the Bucks have won against the Eagles, Lions, and took the Chiefs to overtime, but they lost to like the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: The Niners like that the Cowboys. What is in the last seven games that they're that's their one blemmish.
Speaker 4: But they're so up and down, like you just don't know what team.
Speaker 1: I think there's I think there's like a lack of focus there, like you kind of you start to drink your own kool aid a little bit about how great you are. Everything kind of gets reset once you're in the playoff. When you're in the playoffs, it's like, boys, it's win or go whole hands on deck. You could have some guys in the franchise that are like kind of a win win, we win, extra check, possible, super Bowl, you lose.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, we went to the second round playoffs. Motherfucker. The whole team seemed like bitches when we was playing. Was it when we went with uh with.
Speaker 1: L Yeah, because no one believed in malarky?
Speaker 4: You you crazy.
Speaker 2: We knew that team was one one didn't sit on this.
Speaker 4: That's why we lost. That's why we lost. Believe I was the only one who bought out that game.
Speaker 1: You give it up there a wild statement.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 1: Listen, that game we knew with a I mean Terror Ribisky loved terror Orbisky to death.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, that'll he the most.
Speaker 1: Predictable offense of all time. Defense played really well. There was a question mark's revolving around. I don't know who was.
Speaker 4: I would have say Mike Malarkey was calling the play.
Speaker 1: Well. Then Mike Mularkey called the most predictable plays of all time. It was duo zone. And then we're third and six. Hopefully Marcus and scramble and make a play, get it to delay.
Speaker 4: He was winning in the game. We were nine and seven, and we were winning in that game early and then that that it was that special teams incident that cost us to go downhill. We were winning in that in the New England game, and then you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about the game we lost forty to seven.
Speaker 4: We was up, we was up. No what we we got? I don't win.
Speaker 1: Into New England and Corey Davis had his first touchdown of the year in that game in the back half of the en zone where we run out. Other than that, we didn't do.
Speaker 4: We were winning to that special team memory. They jumped off sides and then they gave them a first down and that's when Tom Brady started picking us.
Speaker 1: Well, at what point of the game was up.
Speaker 4: It was probably second quarter, second third quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was not a whole lot. We were not.
Speaker 4: Man, we should we could have. We could have beat them though, It's just our team gave up. It was like, oh, yeah, this is we can't win.
Speaker 1: The Patriots wins the Super Bowl that year, yeah, and lost.
Speaker 4: That was yeah, they lost.
Speaker 1: I might be jumping around a lot of different games, but I specifically remember being in New England game Andy Davis catching his first touch on it was there a crazy catch, caught it, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he caught it. But it wasn't forty seven because that game was the one I ran over old Buddy over and I went, you know, I ran for like seventy yards for a touchdown.
Speaker 1: It was a regular season game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it wasn't that when they beat us bad. That game wasn't the playoffs. They beat US forty something. What year was Itok, two thousand and sixteen.
Speaker 2: Since we're talking Titans, do we have a reaction to ring cards on being fired? Damn?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: You're tight in. I feel like with the Titans a little bit.
Speaker 4: I am tied in, but I don't make decisions at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Surprise are you surprised by the.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of surprised by the firing. I didn't think I thought he would have got one more year to you know, try to build that roster.
Speaker 2: The ross a pretty solid what he had.
Speaker 4: I did too, you know. But at the end of the day, it's this new era of two years and out. You don't do nothing in two years, you out, Like.
Speaker 2: What surprises me is, you know, it's like they fired j Rob, keep Rabel Yep, they're bringing Ran yep.
Speaker 3: Then they go with Rain and Rabel. Then they fired Rabel, so they have Ran. Then they bring in Callahan, then they fire Rand Timbo.
Speaker 2: They keep rying. Then they now they fired Ran and keep Calahan. They're just not on the same It's the aligned in anything at the top.
Speaker 4: It's whoever new it's gonna stay and the O is gonna go.
Speaker 3: But don't you think they need to be like two of the same, Like you need to bring in a GM and a head coach that they're both on the same page and pushing the same boat, have kind of the same ideas. They're the ones in the room making decisions with each other, like doing it all their way.
Speaker 4: But it's like behind the scenes, you know, it's really like three gms. It's not just one it. Ran wasn't the only GM.
Speaker 2: He was just the face.
Speaker 4: He was just the face because it's the other guy, you know, the other guy named.
Speaker 1: I know that we lost to the New England Patriots thirty five to fourteen. That game, we scored seven in the first quarter and seven and four. They scored twenty one in the second quarter and seven in the third. We were getting blown out and you balled he you bawled out. Yeah, three catches for forty nine yards.
Speaker 4: Balled out. I can't I can't help I'm the only person on the team at that time.
Speaker 1: Eric Decker. Eric Decker six catches eighty five yards. Corey Davis five catches, sixty three yards.
Speaker 4: I was being double team the whole game.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying. I'm just saying, what I open.
Speaker 4: It up for catch?
Speaker 2: Bill Belichick?
Speaker 4: Take there, you go?
Speaker 1: What you mean stuff? I Ron Ran?
Speaker 2: He was asking, do you know the name of the other He's like, there's basically like Cody.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: The dude, white dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that he.
Speaker 4: Gonna beat the GM. Now he gonna beat the GM of the team. Watch he just they about to pass the ranks to him, he gonna be in the same building, So it ain't gonna be.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a good Titans move. That douns a good Titans move.
Speaker 4: They ain't gonna they ain't gonna like just break it apart. So it's gonna already be a guy that Bill uh Klahan already knows. So it's not gonna be like, Oh, let's bring in another GM and start this ship over with. It's not gonna be like that. That's why that move was so easy. I think.
Speaker 1: My personal opinion is the Titans have an interesting situation when it comes to football minded people in suits, and I don't I think Amy's kind of pulled in a direction of which one she should really listen to, because suits don't know the game of football at all, but they make a lot of sense because they speak the same languages as her. And then there's the football minded people who understand the game but don't necessarily speak the language to Amy out of strong fully process and understand. Everything I've heard about Ran is speculation. It's things that I've just been heard or told or whatever. My understanding is that he was a GM that had to report to multiple people to make roster, which is very you know, not normal for a team. Oh but if they're gonna make an internal move, Like, if they make an internal move, that just means that that piece of information that I had.
Speaker 4: Was true, true, Yeah, it was right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I like Rand he was also on the show. He's one of those cats, like you're around him, you love to be around him. Yeah, but he did come from a successful franchise, came from the forty nine nineties. I mean he's he was a stud. There fount some good cats.
Speaker 4: A lot of dudes love him on the Niners man all right.
Speaker 3: Last game in the NFC Vikings at the Rams Vikings favorite by one and a half.
Speaker 2: The over under on this game's forty seven and a half.
Speaker 3: I've kind of conflicted because of the way the Lions beat the shit out of.
Speaker 2: The Vikings last week. I got Stafford in the playoffs. McVeigh, you got a little bit of magic.
Speaker 4: I'm a follow. Let me see what y'all gotta say, because.
Speaker 3: I'm not really I'm gonna be honest. This is the one game where I'm kind of like split.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love the matchup, I love Kevin O'Connell and Sammy dee versus McVeigh and Stafford. I think they've both had incredible seasons in their own respect. I love what the Vikings have done all year long, like up until they got just whooped by the Lions and Control last week. I'm sitting here thinking, like, yo, this could be the better team in the NFC than the Lions because the Lions have had so many injuries on defense.
Speaker 2: But the Lions just show time and time again.
Speaker 3: That the culture that the next man up mental you, that everything that they got, the stuff that they're made of that Dan Campbell talks about they have.
Speaker 2: So I am I'm kind of torn on this game. I don't know if I'm being a prisoner of the moment.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking, Man, maybe the Vikings are one and done in the playoffs this year against the Rams. I'm gonna go Vikings. I've kind of been I've kind of been on them all year long. I want to see them win.
Speaker 2: I'm like rooting for them in a way. Yeah, So I'm gonna go Vikings.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take the Vikings here, but it's gonna be tough to go out to La that young defense has gotten better. You got Fisk, you got Verse, who made his Pro Bowl as a rookie. Uh, they've been firing as of late. They got a lot of weapons on offenses.
Speaker 1: I think having the head coach have experience in these types of games is going to play a huge factor in these things. You look at the last couple of games of the season, they end up winning five straight. Going into the last week, they end up seeing a bunch of their starters. A lot of teams had the are they gonna sit guys or they're not gonna sit guys when we set when we shot the show last week, were like sae Quon Barkley, He's gonna go off, and like literally twenty was not playing the minute the Rams kind of were what they were in the playoffs, Sean McVay is like, I'm sitting all my goodness, that's what I'm doing. The Rams beat the Vike's. Earlier in the year they didn't have TJ. Howkinson. However, you know, I think Sean knowing how to feel this pressure and how to have his team understand what's going into it. I think Stafford in the playoffs is as dangerous as dangerous gets. They've been a sneaky team all year long, and the NFC West headgory that was having a really difficult time shaking itself out until we got to the end of the season. I like the Rams. I like their juice going into this game. I feel for the Vikings because they are a team that you know wasn't as high on him as Will was. However, it's awesome to see O'Connell and that culture and everybody on a round around a guy like Sam Darnold. That kind of stuff fires me up. How big does that blowing defeat affect that locker room going to last week? How quickly can you turn the page is the question they have to ask themselves. But I think the Rams it being at the Rams is a win.
Speaker 2: That's a win.
Speaker 1: You don't have to travel, You stay in your area, not going to a cold air, a cold area. Even though it's played in the Dome, there's still the weather, there's still the holy shit, it's cold when you're walking in from Hollywod Hallway. It's a different environment. These guys need to stay at home. They are strong at the end of the year, and that's kind of where my picks have all been this week, but you kind of see that consistency when you watch the playoffs from years past. I'm gonna think the Rams money line, I think the Rams. I think the Rams win this game. It's one and a half spread. It's really a pick them. I'm gonna think the Rams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna take the Rams too. I just after the Lions put the fuck Stafford sign up after the game, I'm like, why my man taking shots of uncounted shots for I think he just take it straight and he need to get back to I know he want to play them lines, get that opportunity to show those boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's such a cool trade because when you watch the trade happening, you're like, holy ship, the Rams just dummy the Lions in this trade. They go win a Super Bowl and then it's like, all right, Lions, that sucks for you guys. Now all of a sudden, Jared Goff is playing the way he is and they're like, Goson is prime though, like they might have got him at the right time. I know. So it is. It is a cool little like both of them have won the trade. It's a fair.
Speaker 4: It was a great trade. Yeah, honestly great trade.
Speaker 1: I kind of love the Lions telling Stafford to go fuck himself because you know, as soon as he retires, are like, we love you so much. In the heat of the moment, he's not for the other team, Like that's that's just a that's a cool fan base move. And I'm Stafford, I'm.
Speaker 4: So salty his wife be salty.
Speaker 1: So mad about it. But when as soon as he retired, he's probably gonna go back.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he gonna be the man there. Probably he will be.
Speaker 1: I think he's been at the Rams for a minute though, but he does established so the Bengals for ten years and then went and played for the Rams. For saying, now with the Rams, with the Rams exactly.
Speaker 3: Huh if golf wins Stafford, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, was doing incredible things to the Lions when they were Ship.
Speaker 4: I know ship, and he done a lot in the city.
Speaker 2: A lot in yeah, for the city.
Speaker 4: So yeah, because he.
Speaker 2: Was he was when I was.
Speaker 3: When I was watching the Lions Vikings game, it was like fourth and two on the goal, like on the goal line, and Justin Jefferson got open, he got enough separation to where saying was coming from the pocket and just misses him, and to me, I watched that play and I was like, that, right, there might be the difference in the playoff game because playoff veteran quarterbacks that have been making are built for those moments like that ain't a miss. My homes ain't missing that he was missing. Josh Allen's not missing that throw.
Speaker 1: But Stafford Jackson, you got the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Playoffs.
Speaker 2: That's the only reason I was by Joe Brow because Joe Burrow's up.
Speaker 3: But that that play right there was like, ah, fuck, the Vikings might not be a playoff team this year.
Speaker 4: Like that, he was playing terrible. To me, I'm sorry, I guesst like he plays Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I mean yeah, I mean they got blown.
Speaker 4: Out he was playing.
Speaker 2: I mean they got to take no reds.
Speaker 1: And only came in with three points.
Speaker 3: The ukers are gonna sit back and sit there and thinking about throwing this guy forty fifty million dollars plays they specifically look at and think like, those are the ones you gotta make.
Speaker 4: And that was always against those teams because they sitting up there like that's why we're not paying them.
Speaker 1: Right personally, in the worst situation in that building is JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he does bad, like they're still like, let's say they go to JJ that next year. If they don't match the they have, Like, everyone's gonna be looking at JJ like, Yo, you.
Speaker 4: Get this motherfucker out of here.
Speaker 1: Get him out of here. We're saying we need sam Ba. Meanwhile he's going, you know, five hundred at the type.
Speaker 2: Yea. I have good news, hell, yes, good news boys.
Speaker 3: I have a plus one thousand fireballs far who Yeah. The Fireballsy parlay this week is brought to us by Fireball fire Balls. A perfect shot for game day, whether you're sneaking in the or whether you're buying these sneaky little shoes before going into the stadium, or going big with the fireball k for your tailgate, the pregame shot and the tailgate lot, or a sebratory touchdown shot at the bar, no matter what, it's guaranteed doing night your game day.
Speaker 2: Boys, Listen up. I have a parlay for you that's here partly for you, all right.
Speaker 3: Chargers money line love it, Steelers Ravens under forty three and a half. Love that good, Buccaneers money line love it, Packers Eagles over forty five and a half. Okay, Bill's money line, those five picks plus one thousand and forty six. Lock it in now before the sportsman finds out.
Speaker 2: Hey, wait, what you say about the Buck? What's the hitter?
Speaker 4: Would you say about the Bucks?
Speaker 3: I know, I know, but I'm just you gotta think that these offense are gonna be on attack that without that pick, without that one, it's plus four ninety five.
Speaker 2: That's why. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You gotta take a risk. Let's go for it, let's go.
Speaker 4: Wait, say it one war time brock in.
Speaker 3: All right, Chargers money line, Bucks money line, Bill's money line, and then the Steelers Ravens under forty three and a half, and then the Packers Eagles over forty five.
Speaker 1: And a half.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that's a hitter, even though I'm going against my own shit scared, but I just saw a hand.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, yeah, I actually a fuck with that. I think, Hey, I told you about what I'll tell you later, Okay, but I might that might be the bet.
Speaker 4: Yeah oh oh yeah, yeah, just came up with something crazy. Yeah, yeah, that's a hitter.
Speaker 2: All right, we got our bet. The boys parlay coming up NFL playoffs. Are we talking about the NFL playoff playoffs? You bet we are.
Speaker 3: Delaney, get in the action on the DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is key to winning the NFL playoffs, and the key to you scoring big is betting on them at DraftKings, the number one place to bet touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Here's a reason to watch your favorite players crushing the playoffs. New customers who.
Speaker 3: Bet five dollars will get two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly. Score big during the NFL playoffs with the DraftKings Sportsbook. Download the DraftKings app and use our code locker. That's code locker for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks on something simple like a touchdown. Only the DraftKings sports Book. The crown is yours, James.
Speaker 1: Cook, that's the one you picked up that nameless I like the James James Cook.
Speaker 2: You want to go likely? I want to go likely in the red zone anytime touchdowns.
Speaker 1: We're going for odds here, we're going for wins.
Speaker 2: Both because you like I like likely. With odds.
Speaker 1: I mean you look at Derrick, Henry, it's like clearly, clearly, clearly.
Speaker 4: I mean, we just need to hit another one. Let's just get a second win.
Speaker 2: We go tight and heavy with T. J. Hawkinson against the Rams.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know, he ain't he ain't scoring.
Speaker 1: Get a second dub under our belt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Henry, I'm doing James Cook he leads and we got guys on.
Speaker 1: The Ravens score who oh, he shows likely. Let me get back to the John bar because I like Hawkinson.
Speaker 4: Gibbs, actually Cook, Gibbs likely, I'm gonna take Cook though. I'm gonna say I'm gonna take Cook though.
Speaker 2: What you mean Gibbs for who guess isn't playing this way?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, why did you say that?
Speaker 2: Because to think about it.
Speaker 4: No, no, I was I said I'm taking Cook. I was just talking about Gibbs because he said Gibbs have full touchdowns. I'm taking Cook.
Speaker 1: You think about that? Is we have the film we never tell you the truth or not?
Speaker 4: Cook Man, t J.
Speaker 3: Hockinson and likely touchdown what's likely his first name? Isaiah Say likely Isaiah likely t J. Hockinson's first name touchdowns Boys.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I think that's a that's a fun wildcard part like that.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's a butter.
Speaker 2: Hell the show. Make sure you're dropping comments.
Speaker 3: Thank you for watching the Boys, Thank you for watching the locker room, Big cooks, tiny kisses.
Speaker 2: Oh we got the odds? What's the odds? Two for?
Speaker 1: What for?
Speaker 3: What? Cook?
Speaker 2: Are you? It's because of the boys? Parlay what odds plus two thousand in seventeen? God, that is first.
Speaker 1: One yes, the first one yes, yeah together earlier. This is.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 4: That is handicap killed. I didn't want to say brother.
Speaker 1: Will go broke together? Will as it will be, will go broke on a parlas if you say one or two? Hey, hey, this is plus a billion, dude, do this.
Speaker 3: I gotta figure out what that is with all eight legs, that's gonna be He's salivating. Gotta be more than that. Listen to this one boys, all eight together. I'll just read through them. Chargers, money line, Steelers, Ravens, under Bucks, money line, Bill's money line, Packers, Eagles over Isaiah Likely touchdown, James Cook touchdown, t J Hocketson touchdown plus thirty thousand and seventy thirty five bucks to win fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: How dumb could they be. I'm gonna put one hundred.
Speaker 4: Hey send me that, and I'm gonna win thirty a thirty racks. Hey send me that. Hey, Hey, send me that because you love it, right, Yeah, send me that. I'm a bet on that. God, that's nasty. Yeah, I may do it.
Speaker 1: Well, you better save up. You gotta pay Will too.
Speaker 4: I ain't got paid Will nothing. I haven't lost the bet yet.
Speaker 1: You've win nothing.
Speaker 2: Your joke? What