Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, February twentieth, and we are sixty three days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome in to the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It's Miller time. We've got Tommy Yarsh.
Speaker 2: Brian brought us Vatch Lombardi with Chris Beave in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Glad you're with us. Had a great show on Tuesday. I'm excited about this one as well. We're gonna do some dueling mock drafts today, okay, but not the go to dueling mock drafts where Foch's got a mock draft and Brian's got a mock draft.
Speaker 3: We're gonna duel within each other. We're gonna duel our own mock drafts.
Speaker 2: But we we have some some different ideas here.
Speaker 3: Brian.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go offense versus defense. That's the duel offense v.
Speaker 3: Defense.
Speaker 4: I hey, body dresda. I case stand I case standable. But we go.
Speaker 3: Uh you did your research though, right, Huh you did your research? What you mean your mactra?
Speaker 5: Man, Boy, Let's let's get the work man, Let's do this.
Speaker 4: What were we talking about?
Speaker 6: We know?
Speaker 4: So now I'm playing.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I figured when you go through the first three rounds, we're picking at twelve, forty four, seventy six. No trade ups, no trade backs, no sort of finagling to get more picks. It's your first three picks and you can either go all offense or all defense. We've done one of each, and we're gonna pick which one is our favorite. We're gonna go through them all. So we're gonna start on the offensive side of things. Brian, since this was your brain child, I love the idea that you came up with on our group message last night. I want you to start it off.
Speaker 3: Kick it off. Who is your top three to take a look at. Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna look, well, I'm you want me to pick them one, two, three, because that's how I would do this. This is this is this is you want to go buy one? Yeah? No, this is the idea. Is I want you to pick rounds one, two, and three. Okay, all offense. Yeah, I want you to pick rounds one, two, and three all defense, and tell me why you would take one or the other. Over with, I'll start this. I'm gonna pick Genty, the running back from Boise in the first round. I'm gonna pick Jackson from Ohio State the guard in the second round is what I'm gonna do. And I'm gonna take Royals, the wide receiver from Utah State in the third round. Okay, that's my offense. That if you said pick all offense, it's Genty, It's Jackson the guard from Ohio State, and Royals the wide receiver. That's that's my first submission for my offensive players that I would take for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: So why did you go? I mean, I'm assuming gent is your best player available at one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why'd you go with Jackson at two? What were some of your other options along the way?
Speaker 3: I took him because I know that the situation potentially, I feel like that he is going to be one of my best players on the board when it comes to offense. I've already addressed the running back situation with jenty. I'm trying to think, like, Okay, I probably have lost some of my wide receivers along the way that I really really like, And so I was thinking about this, like, Okay, how's the best thing? Can I address the wide receiver in the third round and feel comfortable with that? And I felt more comfortable addressing the guard in the second round than I did, say, waiting until the third round to do it. So that's why I did it. I went ahead and did it. I think Jackson is a tremendous player. I think he's only going up boards. I think Jackson could potentially could be a first round guy when this is all said and done. If you look, if everybody's carrying thirteen guys, fourteen guys on the board, they're probably I'll be going to have Jackson. He could probably be a guy to be at the end of the So but I'm just taking a chance to there because he's the second round grade on my board. So I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm gonna take a guy with versatility. I feel better, like I said, I feel better about that that taken that type of player there, and maybe going back, like I said, I really do like Royals a lot from Utah State. I think he fits the mole of what you need to do, the opposite of what with Ceedee Lamp. A bigger body guy, a guy that could play the exit, guy that can run the inside routes, the guy that could do the slants. So that's why I addressed it there with him. So could have flipped the two garde receiver, then maybe guard, but I felt like the combination. I felt like I got the better player in the second round and then a player that I really really like in the third round. I think he had helped his football team. I like it overall.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because my offensive three is very similar because I also went Ashton gent One. I went with Tyler Booker. He was my highest rated guard. I took him in the second round. It was between him and Jackson because I was looking at the same kind of thought process there, versatility on the offensive line, getting something up front for whether or not whatever happens with Tyler or with Zach Martin moving forward gives you that versatility one way or the other.
Speaker 3: And then then the third round, I went with a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Royals wasn't there for me because he would have been my highest rated receiver, my top rated receiver that was available with Saveon Williams from TCU. And I think that's a good compliment to see thee lamb, the six foot four, six foot five frame, we'll see what he measures at the combine is intriguing to me. That's something that you don't have on this football team right now. And it gives you a bona fide number two receiver that can kind of battle for those snaps, battle for those targets, and so same kind of thought process here. But I went gent Booker Williams as my offensive guys, what did you go with?
Speaker 3: Botch?
Speaker 5: So my first player that I went with was Matthew Golden. And this isn't a name that you hear a whole bunch, you know, going at twelve overall, but he's he's a number one receiver on my board, you know. And if you have a first round grade on him, I know Brown will smam me upside the head if I window dress my board there.
Speaker 4: So I didn't.
Speaker 5: And plus we have to be comfortable with the idea that Jensy may not you know, may not be there. He could go nine, ten, eleven or whatever.
Speaker 4: Right. But then there's this next idea that I had.
Speaker 5: That the run on backs could go right after twelve and right before forty four. So we just can't be laying around sick man and upset. So all right, do we go running back?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Do I reach a little bit for running back or do I wait to the third round for my back there? So instead of reaching, I just went with my best guy, and that's Tyler Booker. Also, Tyler Hooker is a bona fide dude. I'm gonna plug him in the right guard and we're gonna be powerful on the inside there, powerful center, powerful right guard, powerful left guard. But I got to take a running back somewhere or maybe not, you know, cool? Do you know do we wait till the fifth round to go running back? I cowered it out.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 5: So I took RJ. Harvey from UCF. I took him in the you know, in round in round three, runner catcher, you can work on this blocking, but wein in round three? What you're looking for, you know, but big play player. And I would hope that the Cowboys have signed somebody to go along with Harvey, And uh, that's my that's my that's my layout. You know, I thought about tight end somewhere, and I snapped myself out if I didn't want to go, I thought about doubling down at running back somewhere, doubling down at wide receiver. But we're going one, two, and three, So I just kept standing right there. And if there's any jumpouts that anybody's looking at it, like damn, you know, how did that happen? I really think people are sleeping on Golden. I think Golden is largely underrated. Me and Brian just had this conversation. There's the media guys, and then there's the guys that's been doing this since last April. I think scout scouts are higher on Golden, just my personal opinion because the more you watch him, right, Golden was in the nineties earlier, and he's gonna work his way in these sixties. And we just saw this mock draft. Well he's at thirty. I think the combine is gonna happen. I think more film is gonna come out, and more people are just gonna come around. I think gold is gonna end up in the fifteen range.
Speaker 2: So you have him as your you said top receiver on your board. It was that he was even available.
Speaker 5: He was the he was the best receiver available. But he is a Round one guy for me. Okay, he's a.
Speaker 3: He's a.
Speaker 4: He is one of my thirteen first round grades.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, so good to know. So do you have three guys or four better first round receivers?
Speaker 5: I have Iba, and I have Burden, and I have McMillan, So I got four.
Speaker 4: Travis is a corner for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I could see that.
Speaker 7: So I'm going to expand on Golden a little bit because I'm fully with you on tell him.
Speaker 8: I was talking with somebody about this the other day.
Speaker 7: I think that I think that golden stock is going to rise even more after this combine because I feel like he might have a listen, listen. I feel like I feel like he might have a forty times similar to last year. Are you guys remember when Ady Mitchell ran his forty and everybody was like, WHOA what? Yeah, he turned out to be a real good player. Matthew Golden was a track dude in high school. And I'm telling you, I think he's going to wow some people with his speed. And I think he's a first round receiver too. I think the first round receiver.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Tommy. Let's go to Tommy's top. We'll have thanks one golden it too, and then I like the defensive time alone. He talks about John A. Baron in the second Yeah, well it's gonna get all these yeads coming. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I actually we had the same to first and second round pick. So I've got Gente in the first round. I think I've turned. I've flipped my opinion on Jens at twelve. If he's there at twelve, I think Dallas needs to take him.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the club.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I think he's that. He might not be there though, but that's that's the question.
Speaker 3: But he was there for all of us except for botch.
Speaker 2: Right, it wasn't there for you and your your simulation. So three other four I feel decent about that.
Speaker 3: If you look at Daniel Jeremiah real quick though, and he's got him at twenty one, I mean we we kind of. If you go through his mock draft, there there's some crazy, there's some fine. The way did Daniel Jeremiah has this there's not going to be a running back that you you might be looking at the third round running back if you're thinking about a running back in the second round. There might not be a running back that you like. You might be taking a third round running back in that round at four. If it all, if it falls like Daniel Jeremiah thinks it's going to fall, then you might be in a situation where you're like, and you know, and I'm not against Fotch at all talking about Harvey and guys like that. I think he's got the right idea there, but I don't know what forty four. That's the thing that I would worry about a little bit.
Speaker 7: So genty there at twelve for me, take him a second round. Donovan Jackson, the interior offensive lineman from Ohio.
Speaker 8: I think he fits best.
Speaker 3: Is back in good graces, timing to go see yeah, I told you so.
Speaker 8: I think he fits best as a guard.
Speaker 7: I don't think a Booker is higher for me, but I don't think he's going to be there at forty four, So that's why I picked Jackson. Then my third round is Trey Harris, the wide receiver out of Old miss kind of similar to what Brian was talking about with Royal as a big body ex receiver who can compliment Seedey Lamb on the outside. I think if he didn't get as banged up last year at Old Miss, he would have had a much better year. He'd be a lot higher on board. So it'll be an interesting week for him at the Combine too.
Speaker 2: It's tough to take injuries out of the equation, but I try and do so. Whenever you're you're scouting the film, I think Trey Harris has early second round film.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: I have him very much so higher on my board because I'm trying to take it away. It wasn't anything that should linger into the NFL. They were nagging things here and there. You can knock a player for that if you want. But I think when you talk about the deep threat and the X receiver ability chance to make some plays over the middle of the field, man, I really do like Trey Harris.
Speaker 3: So if you're telling me you're getting him in the third round.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I'm ok in a great spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think that's where Trey. I think that's where Trey Harris is.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: I think I think he's a third round receiver. And and like I said, there's there's some guys I when I start to compare, like the bottom of the guys. In Vach and I when we did the show last night, we explained about the grading skill. If you want to talk about how maybe the cowboys do their grading scale, and in the experience that I had there, you know, we talk about the grade. If you tell me a player is a one three eight, tell me he's they don't worry about the one that's just there the third. The three tells you the round, and then the eight signifies whether you have him at the bottom or the top. See you have a one three oh, that means you would tell me he's the top of the third round for me. If he's a one three nine, he's at the bottom of the third round for me. So I was thinking more that that he is more kind of like a on my board. I would have him like as a one three three, I kind of got him as the top of the third round. I have royals ahead of him, and royals would be for me like a one to three oh is where I would have him on my board. So that's just kind of if you're if you hear us talking about numbers, just know that the last number kind of tells you where he is within the round. The nine would be at the bottom of the round, the zero would be at the top of the round.
Speaker 2: Is that grading scale? This is just kind of sideways scout talk. I know, that's how they've done it across the hallway, Yeah forever?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that kind of universal throughout the everybody had different There's some teams to go higher numbers.
Speaker 3: There's some teams that like, for example, uh, the old what there used to be a company called National Scouting and we still the guys that run the combine actually National Scouting runs and their numbers were always high. So if you were if you were in the like the nine was the highest you could be, and then he went from nine all the way down. I do a seven point scale one. Yeah. Yeah. So but this the way the Cowboys do it, I think is really kind of neat because you can immediately if you tell me a player is a one two five, I know you got him in the middle of the second round, or oh he's a one two oh. That means you got him where you could potentially make him a one to one nine or something like that. You could put him in the bottom of.
Speaker 2: The first You guys might think I'm crazy, I've got Trey Harris. I've graded him as a second round player. I don't do the one two ones though, but I think he would be like a one two two for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be the top of the second round. I think he's that type of how do you have him in relation to like Besh and and.
Speaker 2: I have him ahead of Besh. I have him right there in the same pack. So the way I have him stacked is McMillan, Burden, Golden Abuka, then Harris. I have him as my fifth wide out, and I have McMillan, Burden and Golden as first on grades. A Buka is my top of the second round. It would be like a one two Oho in that category. And then I would have I would have Harris Royal's Hunter Tesz Johnson as my next guys. Okay, that's the way I have him graded right now already.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, So okay, so those were all of I was waiting to see if that's all of the guys right out of that group. I mean, I think we're all pretty realistic in that category, right in terms of the one there.
Speaker 3: The one that I think that might be unrealistic is the Booker one. I think Booker's gonna go. I think he's gone at forty four. I know what, I know what Voss is doing. He's he's he's on I had, Yeah, he's on his knees praying right there that the guy somehow gets to him. He ain't gonna make it, but man, but where you where you put him on your board is where that he's he has a chance to be taken. So uh, but that was the one I would have definitely thought about Booker there in my mind, I'm like, he's probably not gonna be there. So that's the one. I really like what did with Golden and Booker, and like I do like what you did. And I even like Harvey. I have Harvey's a third I mean, he's okay if you want to start talking about grades one, three to two. For Harvey, he's the he's the he's like my second guy in the in the third round for the running backs behind Samson from Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Br let mesh it this though, right, Booker may not make it to round forty four. Forty four cool.
Speaker 5: So if there's a run on just humor me, right, if there's a run on running backs, like we think a run on corners, like it could be. Yeah, and a run on tackles, D tackles, D tackles. That's a lot of cheering, bumping down gars for us Brown bros. Don't you think, like, is it impossible.
Speaker 3: For But I don't. I don't think it's impossible. But I think the tape is too good. I think the way that people struggle with offensive line play and the way that this guy plays and the power, the size, I think that it might be too because there might not be a lot of offensive linemen when we talk about him. It's very rare you poke holes in this guy. Everybody else seems to have some ability you can poke holes in their game. And I don't know if Bookers Somebody's gonna say, man, we sure we can. There's plenty of there's plenty of tackles, there's plenty of corners, there's plenty of this, not plenty of guards. And he's one of the best ones. Yeah, I could I could see I could see somebody saying, no, we can't pass on one of the best guys at his position. Those other guys we can kind of work with.
Speaker 5: I feel you, But I think, like you know, teams are always gonna look at value, right and you know where can you get the best value for your picking. I'm just looking at the board here, Brian. There's a lot of there's a lot of edges right there in the second round. Yeah, there's there's a lot of tackles on off.
Speaker 3: You're not scaring me with a run because the run, if the run comes, it's not gonna end. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying that if all of a sudden, you like you get, you get, an edge goes off, an edge goes off, and then the third edge goes off. I'm not faced if I'm in that room because I'm thinking there's seven more guys up on that board before. You make me feel nervous. That's kind of how I would look at it.
Speaker 4: Take the edges, give me my guard man.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There you running back maybe yeh second round? Okay, a lot of players on my second round.
Speaker 3: Okay, the run at the running back is that to me, if all of a sudden it's Genty's gone, Johnson's gone, Hampton's gone, Henderson's gone, and I'm trying to get there at forty four to take one. Now I'm a little bit like, you know, because now I'm into my third round. They're all good backs, they're all got you know, we've we've talked about Blue and I know, you know, you know we're gonna sit there and talk about I mean to me, everybody's saying, well, guy, you got to watch the ball security. It's been a problem. And I'm like, yeah, but you see him catch the ball, you see him run the ball. You see people in angles try and get him, and he's running past all that the ball security stuff. I get it. You know, Tommy, you're gonna tell me, hey, man, he's gonna put the ball on the ground every once in a while. But man, the explosiveness he has. So him Smith from s m U, I'm I'm I'm okay. But let the run happen at corner, Let the run happen at edge, Let the run happen at defensive tackle. That's not gonna make me nervous, especially if I'm looking for an offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep bumping them down the board. You're not gonna get a ton of quarterbacks this year. Up in that conversation. You might get one or two.
Speaker 5: Every single year. There's just guards I love. I'm like, damn, I'll take that dude in the second round. And those dudes are like fourth round picks by the end of the thing, you know what I mean. I just think Booker has some opportunities some U Booker Jackson, Zabel those.
Speaker 3: Ask you this this, then is there a chance that that Gray Zabel from North Dakota State and and on Daniel Jeremiah's mock draft, he was he was he was picked in the in the twenties. Wow. And and Nick Harris yesterday when we were doing uh, you know the break Nick, you know, Derek Eagleton asked us, okay, give us a guy that the Cowboys could draft. Nick traded down to twenty four, picked up some stuff and I didn't know you could trade down. I just got pitch up book and went and but Nick traded down and he got Gray Zabel there. And but you wonder if that on some boards he's going to be higher than guys that were talking about Booker Jackson people like that.
Speaker 4: That's a little half of me, Brian.
Speaker 8: I was just saying the same thing.
Speaker 5: I like Zabel too, Like Zabel is versatile and maybe him playing everywhere, like you know, from from left tackle to right so right, maybe team's gonna look at that and value that. But just me personally, I would rather the one dude that whoop say is real good at his one job than the five dudes that just does everything pretty cool. So nah, I'm taking Booker and Jackson over Zabel.
Speaker 2: If you're taking Zabel, you're putting them at guard, right, I am putting them you know.
Speaker 3: The thing you have to think about with Zabel. And he did show you some stuff playing that's the Senior Bowl playing some center did some good stuff. I don't know about you guys, but every time I look up, I mean, me and Vox are doing you know, all these players talking about these players. And he was like, voch Is like, OK, I got three your I threw you another center. And every time I'm like, this is a fifth round center. You keep you know, you keep going down and maybe somebody will say Gray Zabel like as a second round center or a third round center. Uh if you you know, I mean, Boo is another kid that I you know, you look at him. Lampkin from North Carolina. I mean, we'll have a whole you do a whole show about Lampkin from North Carolina. If you want, never seen a player like that, that size, that weight playing, you know, and and talking about fourth round potential, you know that kind of stuff. I mean, it's a little I'll get your attention a little bit. But they might look at they might look at Zabel and say that he's as a guard. He's a lot higher on people's boards. I know Dane Bruger probably thinks he's the not probably Dane thinks he's the best center in the draft. That's I think saying a lot, Yeah, what do you think about Zabel?
Speaker 7: I would kind of agree with that thought process. He might be the best center in this draft.
Speaker 3: Or would you put him if he's at guard.
Speaker 8: If he's at guard, I'm with Vach.
Speaker 7: He's behind Jack Simbo State and and.
Speaker 2: If he's a tackle, I'm just just throwing out devils.
Speaker 8: He's a tackle. I mean, he's gonna slide even Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's going to depend on what the way that these teams view him. That's where he's going to be taken.
Speaker 3: If they if if the Cowboys are over.
Speaker 2: Here saying he's a center, then maybe twenty four to twenty five late in the first round is a good spot for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you've got.
Speaker 2: The Ravens over here that say, yeah, you know what, We've got Tyler Linderbaum here at center. Maybe we need a guard and maybe that's where we put him. He's going to be a second or a third.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do you see them in compare it to this is just some on my board, like Grant from h Grant from William and Mary, Cam Williams from Texas, Ursery from Minnesota. How do you compare him? Is he better than all three of those guys on your boards?
Speaker 7: His head tackle, he's better than Williams from Texas.
Speaker 3: He's above both those guys, Grant and Williams.
Speaker 5: And I hate it that Grant didn't do didn't do the bowl game thing. Yeah, I hated because he's at William and Mary and he's beating her these kids that play at schools where they play at Waim and Mary. But boy, it would have helped him to pieces to play against some you know, bigger town or whatever. So I was ready to move Grant up if he would have had a great bowl, But you know I gotta because he showed up. He showed up to the bowl game exactly. He whooped children. So I have to give the.
Speaker 2: Top offensive lineman for his day or for his team for sure by the opposing defensive lineman.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he came up and like you said, you whopped some guys.
Speaker 5: But I like Grant film much better. But Grant's playing against Towson and and some.
Speaker 3: Of the bm I and v and who being Virginia Military Institute.
Speaker 4: That's the school school.
Speaker 2: Well he well, he would Richmond Spiders pretty good and Spiders Richmond Spiders.
Speaker 3: Spiders has got some basketball lord too.
Speaker 4: I don't know this dress.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so man xabeled all the boxes that I had for him, he checked them them and and and Charles Grant did not, So I have to go Zabel over Grant, over Williams, and maybe even over Connery for Moregan.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, I do I do like Fox's draft though, I do. Out of the three. You just don't think Booker's possible. I just I'm not. I'm not sure about that one. I'm not if you can put.
Speaker 2: A percentage on, what would it be thirty eight thirty eight that he gets there thirty But the draft guy's gonna hold us down with all these running backs and edges.
Speaker 5: That's gonna go. There's a there's a lot of edges just bunched up in there, Kyle.
Speaker 3: And and you haven't you counted him last night? How many had you? And I study twenty I'm stopping twenty four. I'm not doing another, not working at another edge. No. But then there's like he's like, I got a couple of kids militia. I'm like, okay, he's right.
Speaker 4: You know, see, Kyle, this is the problem that we ran into.
Speaker 3: Right then, one hundred and twenty five players, and twenty five of them are edges.
Speaker 5: This is the problem. We don't we don't, we don't, we don't. We don't have a list of guys to watch. So we had to go find these way too early top one hundred boards, right, all right, cool, So we're trusting this way too early top one hundred boards.
Speaker 3: And you start seeing, oh, this guy is not very good.
Speaker 4: Those the same thing, And we.
Speaker 5: Thought that this raft was just gonna be putrid because I'm like, damn, these are the seconds that we're dealing with. But guys just keep falling down boards. And you know, there are guys that we have watched in February that are top seventy five, top one hundred guys for us and guys that we watched Wade when we first started this thing. We got him down in the fourth and field. Isaiah Bond is one of them. If I just hate on somebody riff, he was loving Isaiah. It was loving Isaiah. But vis what you think about the fast running Isaiah Bond.
Speaker 3: They think he's exavior worthy.
Speaker 4: He was eighteen on.
Speaker 5: PFF's big board, eighteen overall, and I'm watching, like, all right, this is what eighteen overall looks like this year. And the more I'm sorry, Tommy and you texted no, but the more wires he ain't even the best year on the team now, so the but the more, the more guys that we watched, not just wi Receiver was a Bond. Sorry, Isaiah, but I'm sure you're gonna do great. But the more guys we watched, those guys get bumped down the Boardley.
Speaker 7: But the thing with Isaiah Bond is is so much of its speed and that is the entirety of what he surrounds and he's got. And for the most part, you take that because that's something you can't teach. But in terms of you know, being able to hang on through contact and you know the injury stuff that he battled this year, and just being able to consistently produce. I mean, Kyle, I thank you. And I were talking about this the other day. Isaya Bond didn't have a hundred yard receiving game until his last season in college football.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: I think he's a little bit further down Golden's I was going to use Golden as the other example of was a guy that maybe wasn't on those top one hundred boards and is quickly rising, like you guys talked about at the beginning of the show, as a guy that maybe the NFL is higher on. Starting to see more of as we go along in the media, just trying to catch up along the way. All right, when we come back, we've got some Twitter on the twenty. Remember those offensive boards. We're going to hit the defensive side in the third segment, but we got to answer some questions from the fans before, so Twitter on the twenty right after this.
Speaker 6: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothiekiit all right.
Speaker 9: Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell mary.
Speaker 3: Go where I went.
Speaker 9: Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 5: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 9: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 3: Hoo hoo.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the fresh guy who looked that it's not there. He escape flap. He'll look for a push down, just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 12: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting.
Speaker 4: Ryan dot com.
Speaker 12: Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys, is.
Speaker 1: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show, We've got a little bit of time to get our reads going. At the end of the segment, because right now, we got to get into some fan questions on some Twitter on the show Twitter on the twenty all right, Uh, when you look at a couple of these drafts and mock drafts that we're sending, we're dueling mock drafts between the first and the third segment, I kind of want to stay away from those. I know we get a lot of those questions as we go along. We're going to try and keep from those. Uh, when you're stacking your this is from Jeffrey on Twitter, not Jeffrey Kavanaugh, No, thank you. When you're stacking your interior defensive lineman.
Speaker 3: What are your top five?
Speaker 2: Tommy will let you start interior d lineman could be one tech or three tech.
Speaker 5: I got them right here. I got Mason Graham, Kady Grant, both from Michigan. That'd be good, Tyleek williams Ohio State, Derek Harmon from Oregon, and then we got y'all's favorite, Walter Nolan from Old Miss. That's how I got my my top five guys rink right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, so I've got one is Mason Graham from Michigan, Two is Nolan from Old Miss.
Speaker 8: Three is Grant from Michigan four Williams.
Speaker 7: We know the state five Dion Walker from Kentucky, and a close six is T. J.
Speaker 8: Sanders from South Carolina.
Speaker 4: So you got Walker over. I'm sorry. Running back one was over Harmon over Harmon.
Speaker 8: Yeah over, damn.
Speaker 3: He might be right, where's your Harmon?
Speaker 5: I got Harmon as my fourth guy fourth, and I got Walker way down here in the fourth round because he because he loafing on film.
Speaker 8: I've gone I've gone lower and lower. Off is this process?
Speaker 3: Don't let him change your mind?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, he's not changing my mind.
Speaker 3: I mean that.
Speaker 7: I mean even at the Senior Bowl, I was just not very impressed because he just so his size. He has no sorry to cut you off, he has no reason to not just bully everybody in front of him. But he gets so high and it doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Tommy, we are making the same point, the same absolute point. We was talking to Dame Brugler, right, shouts out to day.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't mean to sound fancy saying or nothing like that, right, but I was like, dang, why is he loafing so much on film? And He's like, well, VI, she's playing sixty players a game, so maybe just tied. I'm like, I don't think that's a good enough excuse, dame or whatever.
Speaker 3: You gotta play that in the NFL times, but we never had. Dane's another guest.
Speaker 4: I ain't never came back to.
Speaker 5: But what's but when he got to the Senior Bowl, right, I was like, all right, we're gonna be prepared.
Speaker 4: He's gonna we're gonna be in shape.
Speaker 5: You know what your deficiencies are, and you better not have the same mess on film, it's time to go up, and boyd Deon Walker looked worse. So just in my mind, I think he's a guy that's not going to prepare and work hard and stuff. And I could be wrong, because Dedon Walker still got the talent to go out there and be a first round looking type dude. He got talent to do it. But based on what I seen on film and just how he came out at the Senior Boat, I got him way down there in the fourth So time, I don't I don't appreciate you having them tip five like that, especially over Harmon and Harmon don't slow down at all on film. Harmon don't loaf at all. So you got to think about your rankings thereout.
Speaker 8: That I think you make good points.
Speaker 3: I don't let him do that.
Speaker 8: Don't let him do that.
Speaker 3: This guy tries to this guy tries to you in the room all the time.
Speaker 8: I'm colaring my counter here.
Speaker 7: I think the reason why I've got Walker and Sanders higher than Harmon for Morgan, it's not that I don't like Harmon from Moregan is I think that, like you mentioned, Walker's got just rare combination of size and skill, and now it's just a matter of okay, can you teach the stuff that he struggles and can't do you trust somebody to teach him what he needs and in a if it's if it's Dallas, for example, I think Maddiberfluss has had success with this defensive lineman, Aaron white Kind has had success with this defensive lineman to where you can get to that point. I'm not saying it's a surefire. It is obviously up to him, but I think you can work with that.
Speaker 3: And then t J.
Speaker 7: Sanders, I mean I just think that his smart, like he plays the game so smart is what stood out to me when I watch his film, Just the way he goes about He's got a high football like you, and you mix that with how strong he is and how good he can diagnose a play early, identify where the ball's at, get to pursuit immediately, and sometimes it goes against him and gets taken out of the play. But when he can break it, he's got great rep shedding blocks the line of scrimmage, fires into the backfield really well, closes gaps and if you're talking about closing gas, which is what excuse me this dollas you're probably going to do against that run. You want those big body guys like a Dion Walker, t J.
Speaker 8: Sanders.
Speaker 7: And I'm not saying that Derek Harmon can't be that. I just think that at this point Walker and Sanders are better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell him, Tommy, it's a fist fight. You ever play that guy, man, It's a it's a fist fight all day, you know. And and you need to tell him he can get rid of blockers and he can just he can fight double teams power and he's got some strength. Yeah, tell him all those fantastic Tommy, how you love the violence he plays with during a Dion Walker? Could his hand use is good sometimes? There? Tim tell him sometimes.
Speaker 4: What you're saying something Deon Walker could.
Speaker 3: Be telling him he's got rare link for the position. Tell him, tell him that everything sometimes about getting bigger and tougher. Here, watch what do you say about that?
Speaker 5: Dion Dion Walker has the best highlights tape out of anybody in his in his class. But as highlights if you look at them bad players, though, you look at them low lights.
Speaker 4: Boy, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: What is happening? Well, I'm telling the only thing he's the only problem he's got is he popped straight up out of the stance.
Speaker 8: That's what he can't be a sometimes player.
Speaker 5: And he let the kid from Arkansas State block And come on, you let the kid from.
Speaker 3: He did do that? Yeah, he showed up. About you start watching Arkansas State film?
Speaker 5: Hey, come yeah, I don't know the name, but e from Arkansas State.
Speaker 3: He was a woman. Hell, I thought you were watching Arkansas State film. I'm like, we can get some Arkansas. My man's a film snob.
Speaker 4: I saw my man play.
Speaker 3: It's Arkansas State. What you actually watched? Arkansas State?
Speaker 4: He sat down on Damn Jacob's buyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but six three and fifteen out of the sun Belt, baby a proud grand view Texas native but TJ.
Speaker 4: SAMs being the hell out him, and I'm like, all right here here, there you.
Speaker 3: Go, all right, all right? Who's top guys? Told me it's a bully. He is a b Tell me some traft it's a draft show. Maybe not you the player? Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Top five?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who are your top five? The same as Fosh? So who am I arguing to get the butt?
Speaker 13: Hit?
Speaker 3: Twitter?
Speaker 2: Twitter?
Speaker 3: Twitter? Gram Graham can't Tom Demarca, Uh Phil Collins picture I'm seeing right now in my eyes, Uh Graham, Grant Williams, Harmon Nolan is how I got him? And and the one that's kind of got me is the Nolan one. And we've talked about that to to a point. So yeah, I would say, grand I am a Harman Grant, Nolan Sanders. That's the way I've got it. Those Michigan kids are good. Yeah, Michigan kids get good players, all right.
Speaker 2: Michael on Twitter says, name a projected first round player one of particular interest to the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Could be anybody that the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Could be interested in, which you think is most likely to drop all the way out of the first round to be sitting there.
Speaker 3: If you move up the port on day two. This is like our this is like our corner Digs. Everybody's talking about digs potential at seventeen and ended up at sixty. Yeah, that kind of thing, trying to find something like that.
Speaker 2: So the thought process here is that they slide all the way out the names that we're talking about, the names that we're mentioning, and they're in the they're there on day two, could be worse than the corner from Notre Dame. And I say that only because of the injuries, injuries to the hips Revel. I just just look at the guys that have potential injury history, and I know that those are the two that show up on my board quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Is Revel. He's a first round guy from East Carolina. And then also Morson from But if you if you're a pro football focused fan, they have Morson as a player you should avoid. And it's not because of playing ability, it's because of the medical stuff. We need to see how that But that guy very well could be a guy that you talk about at you know, twelve, fifteen, eighteen, win those spots, but then he might end up at forty four because of the medical.
Speaker 7: I would uh Josh Simmons from Ohio State. There you go, his medical turns, there you go. I think that's another one to watch.
Speaker 2: You think there's anybody that's not medically flagged that could be there. I know you guys have had some some ups and downs with Will Johnson in the corner out of Michigan a little bit you. I think you both, Brian, I know what you and Votch both think are second round player, learn round player, Tommy. I don't know where you have Will Johnson specifically, but could he fall out of the first because he's a name that's at least being there. I looked at Bucky Brooks's most recent mock drafting. He had at eleven right before the Cowboys, and so he's at least in that range from a league media standpoint.
Speaker 7: I think when when when Will Johnson was playing at his best at Michigan, he was a first round caliber guy, sure, and it's.
Speaker 3: Just a master.
Speaker 7: Twenty three season was incredible, and I think we talked about this a little bit in the past, fellas where he started here and then every year it was just a little bit a little bit lower. And maybe that's just because guys didn't go his ways often and he didn't get to see it as much. But I still thinks he's a really talented player. I think unanimously. The concern is his speed, and that's and that's going to be something that you've got to watch for at the at the NFL level.
Speaker 8: Am I wrong on that?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean no, I was just I was in my mind. I'm looking name, I'm looking at peers from Tennessee. And if you start to talk about it, people, you know, he's kind of a first round guy. People are talking about you need to dig in on this kid a little bit, you know, dig in. There's some stuff you need to find out about him. Could that lead him to be you know, some character concerns off the field concerns. Could it been he's talking about it being a first round guy and now he's he's available for you at forty four. But if you're just talking about ability, then we just talk about Booker potentially as being that guy that you know, could be all of a sudden he's I don't think so, but maybe somehow he gets to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's very high on my board. He's cornerback two for me and I'm just looking at these mics. I'm looking at these big boys, man, and they just not respect him like I think he should be respected. He's not a character issue guy. He didn't you know, he's not a trouble dude, and he hadn't been hurt of nothing like that. But I just think I just think PFF wrong. So, you know, so I got himigh on my board. But if he can get to you at forty four.
Speaker 7: I think Barrett is there at forty four, I'm going to go down this entire hallway we've got back here and go backflips.
Speaker 3: The whole way down.
Speaker 4: If it's Aaron four at forty four, that's a party.
Speaker 7: And everybody in the draft room should be doing cartwheels around the room. If he's there at forty four, Okay, I'll learn how to do a backflip.
Speaker 3: I'll do one with you.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know atletic, So I got I gotta figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what were you saying, Brian, No, I was just the baron when you know, Yeah, you would, you'd be hopeful. And I know that on Daniel Jeremiah's mock draft he had him going ahead of Will Johnson. Yeah, so I think I think Daniel Jeremiah is talking to people within the within the NFL world about the scouts and stuff, but where they think Baron I've kind of compared him more to a to Trent McDuffie more so than a Brian Branch. I know, people like to think he's a Brian Branch. He's more Trent McDuffie. To me, he's a real corner. Real corner.
Speaker 2: Is this is this is kind of a very specific question, but I don't I do want to see if we can hit on it. Have you guys watched Pat Bryant and Ricky White. We watched I watched Pat Brian. Let's talk about him. What are their strengths and weaknesses? This is from Carly on Twitter. Uh and would either fit in that fifth round conversation for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: When they have a muddiness of picks. I think Pat White, I mean I think Pat Bryan. I think he's better than a fifth round player. I think I have him on that. Let's see where I happened. I think I got him in the four by the way, Yeah, No, he's a he's a he's a fine receiver. Let me let meat. You got something on him if you want to if you want to go to the top of your head or good size.
Speaker 5: He's about six three or so, gets off the line of scrimmage really well for me. Physical, you know, physical with the ball in the air. Yeah, I think he's a really good, you know, not fifty to fifty ball guy, but like contested ball guy, like we're fighting for the football. I think he's gonna take it away most of the time. I think he's a he's a decent blocker, like he has the willingness to block, but he may not be the best. I think he's a Michael Galla type dude, but he's not as muscly as Michael Gallap was. And I think he gets off the line of scrimmage really well for a tall guy. Some of these other tall guys they get they get faster down the field. I think he gets off the ball pretty pretty fast for his size. And I think he has a little bit of smoothness to his ro run.
Speaker 3: No, I think he got him. And he reminded me of Rashad Bateman when from when you when I watch him at Minnesota, went back to watch and I were doing our show one night together and I read I read Bateman's report. I know he went to Baltimore in the first round. Probably had him more in the third, fourth round for on my board, but he reminded me very much. The ball skills, the body control, the contested catches, the feel for the game. I mean, he gets away with pushing off better than anybody. I mean, like he can. He'll find the ball and then all of a sudden you'll see his hand come into the chest and then he'll go up. It's like he's kind of launching himself off the defender. But man, I'll tell you what though, with the ball in his hands, he's going to go north and south. I mean he's going to break tackles as a runner. The best thing, I mean when he goes and gets the ball in the air. That's I think the absolute best thing. The way he's able to fully extend so man back shoulder fades. I don't think he has the top end speed. I think that's the thing that but he works well with what he has. This kid's a good football player, I do. I have him in the fourth round. Six to two two eight is the what I had for the measurements.
Speaker 2: And if you've got him in the fourth. There's a chance he slides into that fifth conversation. Depending on what receiver's going. He could go earlier because whide receivers, you like you very nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we're all kind of unanimous on our pat Bryant love. I think he had a really good senior Bowl. I remember a couple of reps where he was in the best on best and he there's one he destroyed Tommy Hill from Nebraska.
Speaker 3: I mean, he just.
Speaker 8: Poor Tommy Hill.
Speaker 3: It ended his weekend. Tommy Hill did not playing again.
Speaker 8: He did not play in the game after that.
Speaker 7: But no, I mean he was productive every year as he went along in college to ten touchdowns this past year for Illinois, and after the catch, I think is quietly where he's really good. I'm with Brian in the sense that he doesn't have the best top end speed, but he's still able to maneuver his way through lanes, get away from guys, and find the end zone. That's what you want from your ex receiver.
Speaker 2: We just haven't talked much about late round receivers yet, and I think he's one of those that could be in that conversation, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Was the name.
Speaker 2: It was Ricky White, the third out of UNLV. We haven't watched him yet February. Well, he was at the Shrine Bowl. I was as impressed with Ricky White.
Speaker 3: Did you watch him? What did you think?
Speaker 8: Shrine Bowl?
Speaker 7: And then I watched a couple of the UNLV games this year when they played Boise State twice.
Speaker 3: And I know you're watching Boise Defense. I just watched that end. I just didn't see it.
Speaker 8: I just didn't see it. Yeah, I'm just not as high on him as.
Speaker 3: Some other Okay, I had him.
Speaker 2: I mean I haven't really watched other than the Senior or Shrine Bowl, but I had him kind of further down than Pat Bryant. I had Bryant elevated from his Senior Bowl stuff.
Speaker 7: You're talking about signing, yeah, yea, yeah, yeah. His film's pretty He was a finalist. The Jason who won?
Speaker 6: Who was?
Speaker 8: I think it was JJ Weaver from Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think okay? Interesting? All right, thanks for the questions. As always here on Twitter.
Speaker 2: On the twenty when we come back, we continue our dueling mock drafts, and we flipped the attention to the defense and then which one between the two offense or defense to our panel of scouts think they like best. When we come back with more of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 13: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 3: When I played in the.
Speaker 13: NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back.
Speaker 3: On my game.
Speaker 14: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot Com to book your travel package.
Speaker 6: Day life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 3: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 6: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 11: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft show back.
Speaker 2: You're on The Draft Show presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It is Miller time.
Speaker 2: We've got Brian brod Is, watch them, Barty, Tommy Yarsh with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. All right, I want you guys to give me your defensive first, second, third round mock draft, and which one you like better. Before you give the defensive guys, remind us what your top three in the first round from offense was.
Speaker 5: Offensively, I had Matthew Golden Texas, Tyler Booker BEMA, and R J. Harvey UCF. And on defense, I don't want to be uh, you know, I don't want to be that guy that's just over over overdrafted somebody based on where the mock draft has them or whatever. I think highly of Johnny Beher So if I can only take defense, Mike Mike Green was going, and at all of our other you know, top tier you know, top tier guys are you know, kind of going. So I'm like, all right, I would rather have than any of these other characters here. So I'm taking juh they Barron at twelve.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 4: The pieces.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you got them, probably, yeah, yeah, I think if if, if Mike Green is going, there's not a whole bunch of guys on defense that you can look at and just love like that. I'm not a Will Johnson guy at all. He's he's like my sixth, my fifth, sixth corner or something like that. So I'm not gonna just and he was there for me, But I'm not gonna fake the fund it and I'm not gonna fake the funk. But around two Brian brought us we need linebackers there, so I got Jihad Campbell from ah.
Speaker 3: He lasted till forty four. Hey man, he was gone on mine. I was hoping he would slip to forty four for me.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know, he does all the things that you want linebackers to do, even some of the things that Jalen Walker doesn't do. He covers really well for me, sideline the sideline, great athlete, great size, great link pass rush is sometimes really well cool. And I think when we get to the third round, I had a bunch of tackles, I like, Yeah, a ton of tackles I like. But I got Darius Alexander from Toledo. He's a guy that was kind of down to boards at first, but you know, the more time goes back, he goes up the boards and he's up there on mine. So I got a third round great on him, and I got him in the third round really good on on rundowns, and he has.
Speaker 4: Some upside to be a pass rusher for you. So that's where I got him.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you went baron Campbell Alexander. Yes, Okay, that's a fun draft, Tommy.
Speaker 4: I like my off much better day.
Speaker 3: Okay. I don't think your defensive drafts bad at all. I don't know at all.
Speaker 7: I don't think he fixed a lot of problems about Alexander's another battle where if you get him in the third, we're.
Speaker 8: Doing back flips down the hall party. I don't be realistic. I don't for for Alexander.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I think you know. I think it's I think his draft is realistic. I think that's I think it's well thought out.
Speaker 7: I don't think Alexander will be there in the third, but if he's there, yeah take him.
Speaker 8: So my offense to refresh was gent in the first.
Speaker 7: John Donovan Jackson from Ohio stay in the second, Trey Harris all missing the third defense, I've also got John Ay Barron as my first round pick, shocker my second. And I'll just say I ran several mock drafts. I'm just most common who I got, and it was Walter Nolan. I don't think he won't be there in the second, but that's who I got in the second. So I'm going with Walter Nolan in the second. And then I'm filling in a linebacker as well in the third. But Jeffrey Boassa from Oregon, so that's mine.
Speaker 3: Three. I went to gent in the first, and then I went Jackson the guard from Ohio State in the second, and then Royals, the wide receiver from Utah State, and the third. I'm gonna I'm gonna say that Green will be there. I'm gonna say I took Green in the first. I took Williams, the defensive tackle from Ohio State in the second, and I took Noel Williams, the cornerback from Cal in the third. And let me let me just talk to you about Noel Williams from Cal six one pounds. I love the way this kid competes. He really plays well at the line of scrimmage. His jam has some force to it. He does a really good job staying connected to the receivers. He plays with physicality, He's not afraid to mix it up. He doesn't shy away from contact. He's got outstanding ball skills. From the balls in the air, it's his and he puts himself in position to make plays. This guy is a bully at six one, two hundred pounds. And I'll tell you what though he is. He is one of those guys. It was either him or Harriston from Kentucky, and I think Harriston could probably be a little bit better of a nickel. Maybe if you lose Jordan Lewis, you could play him on the outside, or if you have to, you can play him inside, because I think Williams showed at the Senior Bowl he could do a little bit of that. Or excuse me, Harriston showed he could do a little bit of that. But Noel Williams, if you haven't watched him play from Cali, where's number three? He is a bad m effort at cornerback in the third round.
Speaker 2: That's what we're looking for, is bad m efforts in the first round for the offensive side. I did Ashton gent followed by Tyler Booker, in the second round, and then the wide receiver out of TCU save On Williams in the third round.
Speaker 3: On the defensive side, I went Abdul Carter. Now I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I wish talk about the second Yeah, it was a great draft, top notch across the board.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: I actually went jad A Baron in the first round too, and I was hoping Green would fall.
Speaker 3: He did not. I was hoping he would get there. He did not get there.
Speaker 2: I went with Jade Baron, and I'm gonna fix the cornerback spot. The versatility outside, I think is going to bring a little bit of a stop to the revolving door that.
Speaker 3: You saw last year at the cornerback positions.
Speaker 2: Whether that's Digg's future in question, Bland's contracting question in the future, Kaitlyn Carson's injury was as a rookie, I want to solidify that cornerback spot and then we can go rush the passer, which is what I did in the second round.
Speaker 3: And I ran kind of like you.
Speaker 2: I ran multiple times and both times, actually all three times that I ran it, I got Princely Mommy Yellen as my highest rated edge rusher in the second round at forty four, and so I went with an old miss defensive lineman as well, but I went with through Mommy Yellen instead. Pair him with Michael Parsons. Get him a big early edge rusher that can get in the backfield as well, opposite of Micah. You can move him around too if you really wanted to, and then you're gonna play a little defense on the second level too.
Speaker 3: I'm going with.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Bossa Oregon in the third round. He fell to me at seventy six. I couldn't help but think back to his coverage ability. His ability is a blitzer too. I think he can do a little bit of everything. He was fantastic at the Senior Bowl, voted top linebacker at the Senior Bowl as well. If you can get him in the third round, which I think is right, I have him in the third out of my list as well.
Speaker 3: So I thought it was a pretty accurate pick across the board.
Speaker 2: I'd be happy with Basa there in the third because, like I said, I would have loved to have a Jihad Campbell out of Alabama in the second, but he wasn't there for me. I think he got picked at like thirty eight or thirty nine along the way. So I went baron, o'mammy Ellen and Bossa as my three, And I think I like Bassa, But I think you.
Speaker 3: Went around early on him. You think, so he's a four. Yeah, I'm on my board, and you know, hey, I'm just like I say, it's just for the point of discussion, sure, but I don't think there's a whole lot of linebackers. So if you feel like, did you have to get that thing squared up? You know, Bossa is a not a bad option there. He's six two, he's two thirty five. Kid was a converted safety, you know, and at times I thought he played like that. You know, he looks good lengthwise and there's room for growth and stuff of the hair, but there's snaps where I feel like he played more as a safety than he did as a linebacker. I thought he struggled with big bodies that got on him. That was one of the things that I looked at. I thought he was a little bit of a tick slow when it came to the key in diagnosed, and that might be from the lack of experience of him having to switch the position. But you know, he's he's one of these guys. Last line is it's going to be a work in progress until he figures out when he needs to do it linebacker, because he's far from a complete player at this point.
Speaker 2: That's why I had him in the fourth just to kind of go on your Knox. This is one of my pros and cons that I've got. I said, not an overly physical linebacker. You're not going to lay down the hammer with Jeffrey Bossa, which is why you probably stuck out at senior bow because it's not physicalitctic you're covering, you're playing the position, you're making reads, which I think he was good at all of those. I think he's super athletic. He's got a long arms that, like you talked about, the fundamentally sound skill set footwork wise is what I put in parentheses, and.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he got out of position a whole lot.
Speaker 2: So, like you said, I think from the work in progress standpoint, I think it's from a physical brand.
Speaker 3: Of I don't know if you watched the Penn State game, but they ran right by him.
Speaker 2: I watched Wisconsin, Washington and Ohio State. I'll att.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the lost part of it in the coverage aspect and you're thinking the guy's at safety and he's kind of getting lost a little bit in coverage between Penn State ran route right by him and he he didn't even react, and I'm like going, oh, good watch, Okay, but that's yeah, that's kind of good to know. But he's no, he's a good looking player and there's some positive things about him though. I think you're just kind of taking a little bit of a project on right now until he learns the position. But the growth clearly could be there.
Speaker 2: My linebackers that went ahead of him was Jalen Walker Georgia, Jehid Campbell Alabama. Yes, I said Walker is Georgia linebacker, Carson Schweestinger Ucla, Barrett Carter, Clemson.
Speaker 3: Those are the guys. Swssenger man is such a good looking I mean a good player, but man, he is so light. Yeah, he's two and thirty swans. Have you seen And that's kind of the problem I'm having with a lot of these lines.
Speaker 2: Oh no, because you look at Chris Paul Junior also, I say two and twenty eight pounds whatever, it ends up being soaking wet.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: You've got a bigger guy like Demetrius Knight but he doesn't move as well out of South Carolina.
Speaker 3: I don't think he moves as well as some of those guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do I have a drop off between those first five guys, Walker, Campbell, Swetzinger, Carter Bossa for me on my board, Yeah, and then it's a gap tonight, which is part of probably why I reached a little bit on on Bossa, even though I saw it as a good pick at seventy six, if somebody else has them in the fourth, I don't think I would knock that either.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got a let's see, I got Sweesssinger and Knight in the third, like both those guys, and I got Paul in the fourth. I didn't think Paul was a great cover guy, but then I saw him at the Trium Bowl. He was covering his ass off there, so I got to figure that out. But I got Boston in the fifth.
Speaker 2: There he was probably the best linebacker at the Shrine Bowl, which is probably why he stuck out on him.
Speaker 3: You know, if you look at the metrics I did on Paul, because with the coverage scene, you're talking about eighty two percent completion against him. Oh so there were some things where he you know he's going to have to kind of kind of pick that up. I mean that that was if you look at the metrics again on that, that's five hundred and thirteenth in the country. When it comes to covering a cover linebacker, Sak Tommy's coverage was a little bit better. I think he was like five twelve. Well, he's a powerful guy, man, he'll play down hill. You know, there's some violence again to his game. But the coverage thing I think is a mixed bag. Right now.
Speaker 2: This is totally off topic, but I mean when I'm looking at this list, I'm looking at Kobe King out of Penn State too.
Speaker 3: What do you think about King? I have not seen Kings. Me and Voch were talking about this last night on our show that we have tobackers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll give you guys somebody to watch who I think maybe later in the later rounds could be a steal for a team. Nick Martin from Oklahoma State, Okay, I was banged up this last year, but he was a tackling machine the year before that, and he was also a small linebacker. He's a smaller guy, but he's a thumper and he gets guys to the ground.
Speaker 8: He has a good knack for the game.
Speaker 7: I thought he had a pretty good Senior Bowl and not really a guy that was talked about too much, but I thought he played well. And then when he's healthy, I feel like he's one of the better linebackers out there. Nick Martin, Oklahoma State, Yeah, fun one. I know they've got Colin Oliver to who's another guy that's on boards, But.
Speaker 8: I think Martin is better.
Speaker 2: All right, So out of that, I know, Vatch you said you like your offensive draft better, even though it ads gent first, I still think I'm fixing more problems with my defensive draft. So I'll say I like my defensive draft better. Brian, do you like your offensive draft or defensive draft better?
Speaker 3: Along the way, I think I like my offensive draft better. But I am I am a I am a fan of I'm a fan of Williams. And I mentioned Noel Williams. You know, I mean he is he Williams and no Wis Yeah, both of them. We're going Williams and Williams and Williams. Yeah, I'm going to Williams, Williams and Williams. But yeah, it's uh, but just I think having Genty, having Jackson potentially at guard. The flexibility you have with him, I think Royals is I think Royals is going to be a really good pro. I think he's gonna be a good pro at Utah State.
Speaker 8: I like my defensive draft better. I think that if you get a guy like John A.
Speaker 7: Baron who can be so versatile in the first round, and then you got a one of the more athletic guys in the draft, and Nolan in the second, and then a guy in Bassa who still has room to grow. But you know, another guy who started as a safety and moved a linebacker was de Marveon Overshell. And I'm not I'm not comparing the two whatsoever in terms of in terms of what they can do. I think he's got some good tools that you can work with, you know.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: And of course Tommy probably took out for Collins, traded back up into the fourth to go get mister Taxis my first.
Speaker 8: Pick and in the second.
Speaker 3: But I wish I had my I wish i'd love for my school like you. Yeah, that's part of it. Hey, you've got love for his son?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, there there are there are Texas guys in this draft that I that I'm not as high on.
Speaker 3: I mean, like Cameron you talked about you talked about on the wide Receiver bond, but I gave you credit for Cameron Williams.
Speaker 8: I don't like Cameron Williams at all. I think you should have stayed another year.
Speaker 3: Go that's good. That is a big one, all right.
Speaker 5: On course, yes, there's a lot of people on social media that want to just follow along with our boards and things like that.
Speaker 4: People said all the time, So my board is on my Twitter.
Speaker 5: I can't see that right there, But just flash on Bard if your h L O NB already and you can look at my board and I want to fuss on Twitter, we could fuzzbut it or if you want to agree, we can agree.
Speaker 4: We love conversation like that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and build your boards the same way that that we would ours. Don't let us give you the board, don't work, copy the board, do your own board and make it work along the way. Because we're gonna have some ebs and flows, We're gonna have some more conversations. I think Brian and Vach, you guys are gonna watch Kobe King. I think you like Kobe King, So it stayed a little bit. Watch him and we'll talk about it next week. Next week we'll have the Combine to talk about as well. Tommy yarsh will be out there in Indianapolis. I know Nick Harris is making a trip out there as well. We'll have plenty to talk about along the way updates from there, and we're gonna have a special guest appearance next as well. Arnacles from one Aisha Morrison joining the show. I'm back, super excited to get Ayisha back in the fold. She's been super busy on her side of things and getting her board ready along the way, so I can't wait to get Ayisha back here on the Draft Show. But for today, that'll do it for us. For Chris Beam in the back, Tommy Yars, Brian Broad It's watch Lombardi. I'm Kyle Yeomans. We're sixty three days away. We'll see you next week with more of the Draft Show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the unless Cowboys Football Club.