Speaker 1: I used to cut hair in college, Like I love that for you. Yeah, I would cut my boy's hair. I only cut like three people, but you know it was like, ah, they'll let me funk around and they won't get mad at me, and I won't like fuck them up too much whatever. And I used to make them pay me in iced teas. I'd be like, nah, hit me with like a bunch of Arizonas.
Speaker 2: And we chilling.
Speaker 3: How many teas was it fade hit for? I think it was like two or three.
Speaker 1: I think it was like, hit me your life two or three, two or three ice teas.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a boggain right there. I said, just the bear just one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's also because I knew I wouldn't doing ship. I wouldn't help me. You wouldn't get no pussy because of my cut. You get pussy because your personality.
Speaker 2: So you could help help build characters. Yeah, listen, work on your jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't hurting you. I just I'm holding you over to you meet a nicer man who can do this better, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like the.
Speaker 3: Chimps in your.
Speaker 1: Kalas are racist. The money stuff I can't tell me Damn, damn, damn James therek is there. It is Ladies and gentlemen, gentiles and little mamas alike. Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 3: The podcast when we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: And we finally worked to prove that Alicia Keys did not lose her voice. Her voice was given away, traded, just like the Little Mermaid, so that she could be with Swiss Beats. He is her prince Eric. She was willing to sacrificed everything to be with that silly man who won't be honest about him being a bald person.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm not gonna hold you decent deal.
Speaker 1: Whoa you think it's a good trade off?
Speaker 3: Swiss Beats is so so rich, they have a good life. They're in that house rollerskating all the time.
Speaker 1: You would give up your voice for to be with Swizzy.
Speaker 3: I worry that if I had a voice like Alisia Keys, I'd a Bobby Brown it out. I'd have gone down. I'd have been jumping out of helicopters doing karate kicks with y'all rule like. I don't think it would have been a great.
Speaker 1: You think you think it was only meant to be mismanaged. There was never going to be a sweet ending to the.
Speaker 3: I think the Lord gave me the level of talent that I could work with and not an inch more. Damn and I heavy Alicia Keys is more talented than I am.
Speaker 1: Sure Alicia Keys more talented than most of us. I would say, I don't think there's many on the planet that that could compare the to prime Alicia Keys when it first came out. Yeah, when them braids were thick, come on, and that booty was too, But we didn't know it yet.
Speaker 3: Because she was one of them zoot suits. We didn't know her name. We didn't know her name.
Speaker 2: She was always sitting down on the piano bench, sitting down.
Speaker 3: And it was a sturdy bench. She was bolted off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had they get that bench double lined.
Speaker 3: And she was toughted buttons in the big old booty.
Speaker 1: Alicia Keys, We miss your girl.
Speaker 3: Come on back, Yeah, come home. I don't care if the song, I don't care if the boye is it hitting, I'll go see it live. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was the only thing about Alicia Keys. You've never seen her dance?
Speaker 3: Is that just that's man, I was okay, No, I was just talking to my girl about that, not even the are you allowed to not be able to dance as a male R and B sing.
Speaker 1: Like, well, let's talk about not dance like you're saying, you're saying choose not to dance or literally you look bad when you're dancing.
Speaker 3: You look bad when you're dancing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't think you can be that.
Speaker 3: Women. I can kind of get away with it, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mary Mary J can't dance for shit, and no we celebrate her.
Speaker 3: I love that video with the Lazers. I love that ship.
Speaker 1: I think the closest we've ever come to that is Drake. I think he's a bad dancer. He is a bad dance and he is an R and B ish type person. But it took generations of like and it also took him being affiliated with fucking Little Wayne, you know what I mean, Like there's a saving grace inside of that. But now the average R and B nigga can't not dance.
Speaker 2: No reflection of the times, Like you need to have something that you that could be like mimiced on TikTok because like Luther Vandros was not dancing.
Speaker 3: No, okay, that is not. Probably he was big, but he was not Heavy D. He was not he was. We don't give him that. We don't give up that credit. As far as like light on light on his feet, like adult, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I think Heavy D should be mentioned amongst the greats in a way that we don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: I really, I really think he's like he should be like a top ten conversation, and we pretend like he's not that guy.
Speaker 3: My man came out in the lime green leather sweatsuit. Ye whoa.
Speaker 2: If you look through a catalog of heavy D outfits, it's up there with like dapper Dan like it is custom is colorful as fire. As he was dancing, not with other big people. He was dancing with the.
Speaker 3: Boys, skinny dancers.
Speaker 2: And he was with them young boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there wasn't no, there wasn't that Lizzo trickery happening here. This was this was skinny little men that he could keep just every step with.
Speaker 3: Bro. If I was Heavy D, I'd had the big boys out, would have been flopping all over it.
Speaker 1: I'd have made them take their shirts off too, just to show how big they are, y'all. Look how much bigger they are than me, Them big old titties flopping. You're gonna tell me, I'm I'm just heavy.
Speaker 3: I'm just.
Speaker 2: I am heavy, delightful.
Speaker 3: I am not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not with them. Heavy was different, heavyweight, love with it. He had it the de stends for down forty pounds on these big.
Speaker 1: These things for damn y'all big as am? I mean, our guest today, And frankly, we've heard so much of him before we've introduced ourselves or even him. I'm Likeston Kerman, and our guest today is a dear friend, a phenomenal comedian, a talent of all kinds. I would say no person I know is more committed to being an active member of their community than this man. I think it's fair to say he is. He is constantly in the community doing shit that I truly did not know he would find.
Speaker 3: A way to do.
Speaker 1: The other day he posted a video of him at a at some sort of Mexican event wearing a cowboy hat, dancing exclusively with older Mexican people and was very much a part of what is happening there. And I'll never understand how he pulls this off. But it is my favorite thing about him. He's a great comedian and a dear friend. Give it up for KOFE.
Speaker 3: Thomas.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 2: You everybody listening who said that, Wow wow wow, Yes, yes I am I am here. I made him back returning to this amazing, amazing part y'all two of my favorite people. You bullshit, y'all are dope. Just got the opportunity to me David and we already hit it off.
Speaker 3: Have night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was an elements comlicated evening, a lot of a lot of strange sexy talk going on. And you know what you know, I like is when you like we bonded quickly about what is sexy and you know, we would not remember because it was first of all, I know a lot of Mexicans, but also that night. So let me take off that it was after this this phenomenal live show. I don't know if you go, phenomenal live show right with Langston and Dave days on tour. So after the show, we all go out to some restaurant and you know it's.
Speaker 1: It's down the street from the venue we're hanging out.
Speaker 2: We hang and it gets onto the topic there's a lot of comedians, and that gets onto the topic of like who is or who is not sexy? What is sexy for a man? And we have our beliefs as men about what makes a man sexy and the difference between sexy and fine. And Sydney Washington is going.
Speaker 1: As Sydney Washington, you ain't seen a dick in a decade, asked Sydney Washington.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the approach in.
Speaker 1: There, going off trying to tell us what man and it's sexy.
Speaker 2: Sexy, and she keep and she named a couple of people and she keep talking about Lanxton and Zach being sexy. Meanwhile, Me and David are sitting here like I'm okay, okay, hold on, who's going.
Speaker 3: To swim first? I'm about to swing. I'm saying, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm trying to be peaceful, and I look at my man David. It's just sitting there, solid and just starts dropping just fucking bombs and facts about who is sexy, the criteria for sexy, the swag for sexy, how you carry yourself. And I was like, man, we over here, just dark and holding it down, and so sittill that moment I building.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I used it. I used it as a term we were building. Yeah, we will.
Speaker 2: So it's been, it's been. It's been love to us since that moment. And you know, and my man, my man Lanx and I know Fever. So that's the that's the homie right there, and we're back in the building and it's it's.
Speaker 1: So happy you're here. You came with a conspiracy theory that I would say is essential for us to cover on this podcast. This has not been covered before. It is essential that we cover this because frankly, it's it's insane that it hasn't come up to at this point. But you said, my mama told me Arizona Ice teens were created to hold back the black community.
Speaker 5: Facts, okay, all right, facts tell me you know, when y'all get them, get that flex, drop a bomb on them, all the sound effects.
Speaker 2: At home, put them all the way up.
Speaker 3: Boom boom. Here.
Speaker 2: I'll take y'all, I'll take y'all back a step further to walk with it, because this right now, I'm gonna lie to y'all this might be the last podcast. All right, all right. I started off just saying, ain't run.
Speaker 1: Big Big, Arizona Big big canned beverage, Big Zona is about to come and be all up in our ship, either litigiously or or maybe even more sinister than that.
Speaker 2: Right, keep see, I want you all to remember this moment when we were all hit last and having a good time. Might not might not be a lot more alright. So here that it started, right, I got my own like triggers for conspiracies of when I see something in our neighborhood that I don't see in a white neighborhood, that's when my flags start going up. While we got it, we don't get nothing special. So his where it hit me right, and it took me back. This this transported me right. So for me, when I was in high school, I went to mostly white high school and Massachusetts. Okay, before that, I was in like all black, all black schools. So when I went to high school, I had my lunch box which was just like a brown bag, and I had a twenty percent juice in it.
Speaker 3: Right, boxes are reach Yeah, but it wasn't a box.
Speaker 2: It was it was a.
Speaker 3: Brown battle one receptacle.
Speaker 2: Listen it was it was yeah, it was my to go se right started the point the point there, But so to give you a different. So now I'm around Now I'm around rich white kids. Okay in name, Yeah, that's the first time I seen people at lunch that didn't bring juice like they had water. They had water bottles like the ones they fill up and then walk around with it. And I hadn't seen anybody just drink water like that before. So now I'm seeing in their stores. Because they had a store called Little Peach that was our Cors store. There was no Arizonas in there at all. So now I'm like, oh shit, okay, why do why don't they have Arizonas overhead?
Speaker 3: We got overhead. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: These delicious, it's a great bargain, and it's all it's all the ship that black folk talk about. Oh it's a great price. It's delicious. It makes us happy.
Speaker 3: You get what you can get for ninety nine cents, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You can't get water twenty three ounces of water. You're not getting that for ninety nine cents.
Speaker 3: Anyway, It's yeah, come on now, yeah, that's so that's heavy.
Speaker 1: So so you clock this in high style, you start to notice the differences. Does that immediately translate to you being like, so they are poisoning us. How do you make that leap of them saying that this is bad for black people?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: So at that time, I don't me being a young black mind, all right, I was like, oh, these white folks are missing out.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. We're like, I.
Speaker 1: Think you think you are so pro black, You're likely we have resources in our community that white people are feel for. They can't the positivity.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 2: They don't appreciate flavor. That's why they ain't got it. I started putting it on that they do, know what I mean, they even plain sandwiches. I'm over here with a watermelon juice. So when I got older, I tart to know more about how we get slowly poisoned through a lack of access to healthy food. Shout out to my black farmers. When I learned about that, then I was like, oh, let me look at this Arizona can because again, like I'm in New York, so it is a point of pride out here, like yeah, we got the camp and it's even the point of conversation like, yo, what flavor you be like like that?
Speaker 3: Like what kind of you? I'm bad?
Speaker 1: That used to that used to be like a nice icebreaker when I was a kid, to be like your favorite Arizona. And now all of a sudden, we don't feel as far from each other as we felt before.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, it's like yeah, it's like who you like it? That's a child, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kelly? Right, yeah, we all love Kelly a little more than be Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Come on now, hey, don't go back to LaToya. So anyway, I don't get. But the good old days, she was fine as hell. So that's when I was like, what's going on here?
Speaker 3: That's when I was like, what's going on here? So I did.
Speaker 2: I'm talking brothers.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: The reason I say like, I really love what y'all doing, but I am worried about this podcast is because when I started doing digging a little bit deeper. This feels like at Watergate, like deep your deep throat? Bro huh shut up.
Speaker 6: Like no, because I get what you're saying. But I'm not gonna say yeah to that either.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna openly give me to be like yeah I'm deep, throw yeah me, yeah, call me.
Speaker 3: Deep throw uh huh you informant? No, I got it. I was wildent for saying it.
Speaker 1: That's one way to say yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: It felt crazy as I was saying that.
Speaker 2: I appreciate, okay, appreciate all y'all. That was that was a lot. I'm something that you was some factual cook a.
Speaker 3: Research. All right, So I love this.
Speaker 2: This is New Teams seventy one, John Feralto and Donald Voltaggio. Remember that name, Don Voltaggio six eight six eight, Italian man from Flatbush, Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Whoa like that over there? They don't. That's all the guys on a foreign body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he come on now what like a like an important Ben's so now he looked like the like the monstars.
Speaker 1: And he ain't got to touch the ball.
Speaker 3: He's just big, right.
Speaker 2: So John Farolito and Sean Bradley, Uh.
Speaker 3: You got no.
Speaker 2: So they got this company right because Don he's doing like distribution. John Ferrito is doing like bear. So first they were like, all right, they started this like they started selling liquor mot liquor, which we know is liquid anti ambition to black people. Right, they start selling that making tons of money. Get this right. When they were selling Monte liquor, they used to put out these posters all over the hood. One of the posters was had this like a Native American man on it from the su tribe. This thing, this can was so offensive that the Native Americans sued and one in Congress to get that removed.
Speaker 1: That's the history in the eighties.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's the history of this company, right.
Speaker 1: So to get our hands on that can, that's probably the best taste in malt liquor that that money can buy.
Speaker 3: I just want to see it. I don't want to. I don't want to. I don't want to get hooked. One sip and you're done.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's like original for a logo quality, you know what I mean. That's gonna get you fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's like it's that old recipe. It's like spices.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wait.
Speaker 1: So KOFE, I love that you come on this research. Come this is phenomenal research. We need to take a break, but when we come back, I want you to break down even more of your research because all of this is frankly, some of it is more in depth than even I was able to get. So I'm excited to hear what you have. We're gonna take a break, we'll be back with more. KOFEE Thomas and more. My mama told me.
Speaker 3: We are back discussing the implications that Big Zona has on the community at large. Let's continue on fillos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kofe, you were in the middle of breaking down some pretty heavy research, including us discovering that that boy you said it's called Crazy Horse is the name of the the now banned malt liquor that this company started.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm co wrecked. So we already are establishing this is a history of this company, the mar in a way just to be like, yo, this is what these people are gonna are gonna like. It's gotta the marketing team as a real like as a real these people focused group behind it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's so funny having this being explained by Nigga with cricket glasses. I can't emphasized enough how hard it is to know whether you are in fact spitting a real truth or this is a complete bamboosolem it. But I'm excited either way.
Speaker 2: This Oh yeah, I wish, I wish, I wish it wasn't. But this is twenty three ounces of facts coming out, big facts. Who right, And then let's father this trajectory of just of how kind of like I won't say again, I'm not gonna say mafia mm hm, but this is how gangsters move. Okay, So coming coming into the nineties, all right, we got Snapple also out of New York. You know what I'm saying, They making moves. Snapple got what ice tea?
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not saying that these two Donvo tagos gangster. But if you was a gangster and you've seen somebody else making some money over here, you might say, oh, I can do that same product, switch up the packaging. And so in the nineties, Arizona comes out with what they're known for.
Speaker 3: Ice tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, that's that's that's and they and they says it. So then there's lawsuits, of course, because there's lawsuits because they done took Snapples out there. But then get this against against more gangster within the company. There's a ten year battle between Don Botaggio and John Ferrialito over get control of the family, which is the same way it is in the Sopranos. I'm not saying it's my field, but his name is done. He's fighting for control. He's six s eighths and he owns distribution. Also the idea that they took Snapple. Come on, stretch the game out. Yeah, x the name out, now put soon on top, Come on, gangster, come on, come on now, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's worth noting that all of all of Kofe's research I did read uh similar information. It's worth noting that part of the reason that they say they differentiate how they differentiated from Snapple was number one, the can, but number two they added quote unquote like fifty percent more tea into the products.
Speaker 3: They stretched the game out.
Speaker 1: They stretched it, they literally stretched it out. They like cut the They basically cut the juice with more tea and then made it less expensive, I believe, to push out the staff target.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, come on, it was worth the classes in a wardrobe.
Speaker 1: It doesn't happen often on this show, but I'm glad it's happened in the day.
Speaker 2: We added a little bit. Come on, that's not us, baby, that's not us.
Speaker 1: So so you you read all of this that obviously they're making this product based off of Snapple. They are having this infighting. What are your thoughts, I guess on the infighting. Are are you under the belief that maybe John had a moral sort of conundrum that made him want to want to split with this dude? Or is this just a money grab off of a product already moving this.
Speaker 2: Nigga talking about moral conundrums.
Speaker 3: This is gangsters. Okay, this is gangsters.
Speaker 2: The empire is growing and only one of us is six eighty. So who you think is in charge?
Speaker 1: I got you. This isn't about John and some like grasping for like responsibility out in the world. This is Don basically being like, hey, I noticed you ain't as tall as me, and I want all the money, so you leave.
Speaker 2: Come on now, cause you know John probably had the ideas, let's drop a green tea, let's drop an energy Yeah, don't sit in back loud. He get in kind of calm for that. He think he thinks he's six to one. Now now I'm gonna push him out the company. And but I know y'all did y'all research, right, I know, but it is am my thing, right you a company that is profiting I want to say, primarily off of the black community.
Speaker 1: To that point, I am Bori. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts. I personally do not know any white people who grew up drinking arizonas that's not a thing for the white folks that I've ever come in contact with.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: It was just I don't know about I can't speak to that, but I can't say that. It was just so much more accessible than Snapple ever was was in glass. What am I a fucking senator? My mom's my mom, my single mom is gonna buy me that bottle drink?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was too It had too many like fancy conversion. That's it's the third pair that got me. I was making it through with the originals, but this is the third one that really broke me.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: Sit ready for For the listeners who are aren't participating via the visual which you should watch YouTube, just know there's been three pairs of glasses.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Kobe continually is changing glasses throughout throughout the podcast, and it keeps getting funnier every time.
Speaker 2: Going through a lot of emotions overhead. And you know, just from what y'all saying too, it's like you think about to David's point about what we have access to, like none of that shit is is a coincidence. You feel like they decide what products go with. There's a reason that there's a lot more echo unlimited in my neighborhood than in the suburbs. Like we like we get what they decide that we get too shot from, and they know what is going to be attract Now, the other part I'll speak to is that they also create like a pipeline, like a consumer pipeline. So in the same way where like if you will start let's say, like vaping early, then later on you might start smoking cigarettes. Yeah, right, because I got you on the candy flavors. So now if I'm a youngin and I keep grabbing this this twenty three ounce, you know what I'm saying, can juice? As I get older, I'm a reach for that same size can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean. Damn, damn, I do love talking. I'm just come on.
Speaker 1: They're creating a relationship with that physical body in a way that's that I grow up. No, I don't drink juice anymore, but sure I enjoy a liquor or a beer in this exact same body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on a hot day, it's like it's it's like you yet, man, damn.
Speaker 2: Right, and then the bodega, it's literally like it's side by side. It's the same. It's that same one long fridge.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, yeah, and they push them Arizona's as close to the the alcohol is a hote real is Oh they go right next to each other. Damn, this is heavy shit.
Speaker 3: Now. You know who keep making money off of that?
Speaker 1: Big boy six ' eight six eight, Don Yugyo. So let's talk about that a little bit. Because Don Valtaggio and John far Alito, as you already suggested, get into this legal battle starting I think in two thousand and seven is when they start fighting over the who has rights to the company. John wants to be able to like sell it internationally, like he wants to sell his shares to basically make it like an international market thing, and Don instead just wants to buy him out. It takes all the way until twenty fifteen for them to ultimately resolve this, and it's in part because Don was trying to undersell the price of the company. He basically suggests, like, yeah, we're only worth like four hundred and thirty million or something like that. John's like, Nona, no, that shit's worth six billion dollars and he's lying. And so they go through like this major infighting of how much the company is worth, and ultimately in twenty fifteen they settle for a billion dollars. Why he basically gets a billion dollars bill out of his share half of the of the company command.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Everybody's talking about jay Z making a billion off of liquor a bill off of juices, off of Juice Baby Regional juices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety, here's the ultime.
Speaker 3: What is in there?
Speaker 1: Well, that's I'm so glad you asked that question, because even as you're saying juice, that is not really an accurate representation of what it is. It's in fact five percent to ten percent juice, depending on which product you're choosing. They never really exceed ten percent juice. And then the rest of it, I guess, is like air conditioning, cooler or some shit. It's just it's just other stuff sort of mixed in. And in fact, I look this up on their website, all of the drinks, the sugar percentage for all of their drinks range somewhere between fifty eight percent to one hundred and eight percent of your daily recommended dosage of sugar for a single can one can and you can eat drink one hundred and eight percent of the sugar you're supposed to have for a.
Speaker 3: Day, and that's what if you drink it all the way to school.
Speaker 1: That's just one can.
Speaker 3: You got a whole rest of your day.
Speaker 1: And they're ninety nine cents. So yay, I'm gonna get another can?
Speaker 3: Is the one? Okay? Can I ask? This is the one that's one O eight. That's the soda ones they have right now.
Speaker 1: I either have the.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I wish it was, And no, I haven't had their sodas. I've healed. I've tried to be better about my relationship with these things.
Speaker 3: Oh really, I had, man when I had first This is my Arizona struggle. When I first moved to La I was down bad. I didn't live nowhere. I was just I would go do comedy for like four hours a night, and then I would go to seven to eleven. I get one of the five fifty pizza five fifty five pizzas and one of those Cherry Lime arizonas.
Speaker 1: Fuck the soda, Yeah them Lime rickeys, you're talking about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah Lime Ricky's. And now I'm do I know if I can have kids.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's only one way to find out, my guy.
Speaker 3: For real, many good practicing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred and eight is not. In fact, the Sodas one hundred and eight was from like the strawberry Kiwi flavor I think that I saw, and it's just it's just pure fucking sugar all the way to the bottom.
Speaker 2: It's a mix of sugar mouthwash, you know what I'm saying. And were out here talking about, oh what kind of what kind of liquid diabetes?
Speaker 3: You like?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, because we again we keep like we keep pushing up, keep like idolizing like this really shitty things that we get. I'm not going to say it goes back to Chipling's that's another podcast. But but the leftovers that we then, you know, kind of put our like our kind of sauce our like swag onto and make it like dope to have one.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Let me let me give you. Let me give you a couple of important numbers there have been for all of the basketball.
Speaker 3: The reason is this is such a problem is because it is delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're unbelievably yummy, and it's part of the reason I don't get them anymore is because I truly do think I would restore a deep, deep addiction to them, not because I think I'm better than it, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: No, I understand you have to stay away because you love it.
Speaker 1: No, it just does seem like the deep roots of this relationship that we're all speaking to sort of create this damaging effect on the black community, especially right like we we created this relationship. And that's an interesting fact inside of all of this, because specifically, once Don takes over the company, people start pushing back about the pricing, right, or rather like people they're not pushing back, but they're sort of acknowledging that, like it's weird that he is able to still keep the price point at ninety nine cents given the inflation that's happened in every other product across every other industry in the world. Frankly, so that's sort of what he points to is not so much the deal, but he says that part of the way that we're able to keep the price so low is we don't do any marketing. So and when every other company is having to shell out money to be able to get fucking Beyonce or Drake to drink sprite or whatever the fuck to keep you addicted wanting more of this, he just says word of mouth is enough effectively to keep people wanting more Arizonas, and that to me feels like crack.
Speaker 3: Fucked up because it is that's all.
Speaker 1: I've never read an Arizona ad. I don't see no Arizona commercials, but everybody I've ever loved has poison themselves with Arizonas and that seems crazy.
Speaker 2: God, bro, we only here talking about crack. Yeah, come on, bro, that ship just said mere here talking about crack in the community.
Speaker 3: This, you know, I know what else I don't like. Crack has had bigger endorsement dollars than Arizona.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jay Z talking about famous people talk about crack.
Speaker 3: Fuck Yes, Wow, damn.
Speaker 2: When the dots started to connect to my head because we crack? You like, well, who's responsible?
Speaker 3: Right? The C I A right? What C I A?
Speaker 2: Three letters? Who is responsible for drinks that come into the hood?
Speaker 3: The F D A?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 3: Food and food? And what's the D stand for? Not heavy D drug? Food and drug?
Speaker 2: Food and drug not not food.
Speaker 3: This goes all the way to the top. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I never thought about that. Why are they doing foods and drugs?
Speaker 3: They aren't similar products.
Speaker 1: No one of those should not be connected to the other one, and there should be a food And.
Speaker 2: Just when you thought he was, don't it don't make no sense?
Speaker 3: I was like, for sure, he doesn't have any more passibly, where would he? Where would he? Where would he keep.
Speaker 1: This wall of sunglasses and readers?
Speaker 3: Man, this is a hard I feel like this is It's not often that we have a conspiracy that just shows up, good to go on stept like that, but this is I mean, I don't know what's to argue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other worthy note inside of this that I think we shouldn't ignore is that John Feralalito, who is the guy who basically makes a billion dollars selling his half of the company. John goes on to end up in a different lawsuit when he supposedly, during a mulligan on a golf course, hit another person in the head with a golf ball, leaving them unconscious. Right, And he gets into this lawsuit and they if you hit somebody with the golf ball, well that his claim is that it was a mulligan and then it accidentally hits this other person, right, or like he maybe he was going after a mulligan and was trying to fix it. And then hit a person whatever. But part of what they claim is like, yeah, accidents like this can occur on golf courses. You sign waivers that make it sort of like possible whatever that this could happen, and you acknowledge that. But their point in the lawsuit is that he hit the person at point blank range, that it was not in fact nearly as much of a mulligan as they're trying to pretend it was, but in fact just a straight shot at a person said that knocked them unconscious. And Kofi, this does not not feel like the mob that you're speaking about.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, we look, I don't play golf. It ain't no way, ain't no way you're going to hit somebody from close range or a golf ball so hard it knocks them unconscious and it's an accident. What, let me ask you, was this man laying down in front of the teeth. There's so much that's not being not being shared about this story that they're trying to cover up. He's got the money for it, and quite frankly, I'm worried for that witness, Like people go listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also because a mulligan you take after you hit the shot right like, and then you're like, oh, it's a Mulligan, so that means he killed that man. And then he was like awesome Mulligan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, he fucked the dude up real bad. He made him hold the golf ball in his mouth while he's swaying through, and then he's like, Mulligan, I'm gonna do that again, and I'm taking my shot back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the whoa, whoa, whoa, what's wrong with this guy over here tripping on the golf course? Hey, So it's it's like, Oh, other thing I'm glad that you brought up is that there is there's such a big Dawn like Don Corleoni energy around both of these dudes because right now, because there was an interview with with Dawn of Otaggio from Monsters in Forbes and this dude, oh back to is there a couple important numbers to give you all some some perspective. For all the money that they've made off of the community, there has not been one, not one like roller ring dance, not one. Not one basketball tournament, yeah, not one. We can't get a three three Arizona, we can't. We can't get jerseys, yeah, you know with green tea on the back. We can't get those. We can't, So there's been zero.
Speaker 1: The Phoenix Suns having the Arizona label on them feels like an easy wonder one like that just seems like clear, good business and and nothing.
Speaker 3: They don't even kind of do that ship because that's the that's the problem, right. They don't want to be have to be accountable. That's why they didn't want to go international. There's gotta be Don, it's on.
Speaker 1: Paper, and that's some mob shit, right because then it becomes like, nah, I'm not. And part of that's that's what they say in terms of keeping the price point and ninety nine cents, is that Don's argument is that he would like to keep the company at the roots that sort of made it popular in the first place. He's like, I don't want to grow this thing because then we will lose customers. And people have acknowledged that, like your company is losing money in this non inflation world, right, like there you inflate because that's how you keep up with the fucking market. But he's like, nah, keep it at ninety nine cents, because then we'll lose any of our customers who already buy it.
Speaker 2: Right to keep it. In that sense, and a lot of that you talk about how do they do it, there's a lot of the there's a lot of that same secrecy of the mafia, of like don't pay, don't worry about it, don't about it?
Speaker 3: We wait, whoa what? All the questions.
Speaker 2: Forbes magazine came to his office, which is massive. He has like his own woodworkers inside that. They came into his office and they were like, hey, what is your marketing budget?
Speaker 3: Like how big is it? You know what? His answer was, real ship, forget about it. His answer is be goes, how big is my budget? It's sixth sakes, come on that. Damn that. I didn't want to figure it was cool, but that that was good. Damn cool ship man, he's he's straight gangster.
Speaker 1: The final piece that I'll share with you guys, and as far as the research, is that the name Arizona.
Speaker 3: Actually, everybody, you have to watch this on YouTube because my man, you thought the work was in the research.
Speaker 1: Five glasses deep and I don't think this train is stopping any time. But the last piece that I'll share with you is that they named the company Arizona, but it was originally meant to be named Santa Fe, after his I guess, desert style home that he had in New York. He had like some random desert style home living in New York, and he wanted to name it Santa Fe, but opted to not name it Santa Fe because it didn't look good on the can and decided on Arizona, even though he had never been to Arizona. In fact, had never even crossed the Mississippi like cross west of the Mississippi.
Speaker 3: I did just say, he's never been in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: No, he's never fucking left New York the entire time.
Speaker 3: And also, by the way, Arizona, what they got you trouble for? At first? It's vaguely Native American. I've always felt that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there clearly is an obsession with sort of marginalized people in their product building, right, And so he's like, all right, I got in trouble last time for naming this shit after a bunch of Native Americans. I'll do something a little more subtle in being like nodding to that culture and that look, that esthetic without getting the associations that I had last time, thus making it a minority product. Thus attracting minorities, thus making assault sick and die.
Speaker 3: Damn damn sweet keew strawberry favored death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what a what a fucking yummy death it is? You know, I think on my deathbed, I want somebody to just run across the street to a gas station and bring back an Arizona.
Speaker 3: If I know it's a rap, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: If it's over come on like, put it in, put it in, put it in the IV drip like, let it come into my veins slowly, yo.
Speaker 3: Bear me with the Muco mango in the casket. Come on now, died like you lived mucho.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, if I were to go so far as to say it sounds like we're all in agreement on this one, it doesn't. It doesn't feel like anybody even remotely is arguing that they are not intentionally trying to profit off of the black community and possibly destroy the black community in the process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I think we're Yeah, yeah, I think I think we just we discovered the crack conspiracy of this this era.
Speaker 3: And I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's gonna come for us. But when y'all come, if y'all could bring I personally, I like the water up the flavor. But but you're gonna come for me, bring me that twenty three ounces of sweet.
Speaker 1: If you want to assassinate Kofe, he would love for you to do it watermelon flavor style and not no gun shot to the head. Just just lay some poison in his watermelon iced tea and let him go out piecea.
Speaker 2: Now I want you to put I want you to put the green tea, the big can into a T shirt gun and fire that. Let that be my seat shut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just blow his brains out with sweet tea. This is this has been heavy. I'll say that we've we've certainly we've taken on a heavy toll today in this unpacking.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sometimes it's not always fun and games over here, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes we get a little serious and we hope that you take this seriously at home and recognize the damage being done to your community. For show, Kobe, do you want to tell the people where they can find you and what cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me get a let me get serious. So yo, y'all can find me on Instagram. I'm at Kofe Comic.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you garden, I'm at bek Green Gardener. I throw a dope show every Sunday in manhatt And called Secret Socks Comedy. I'm on YouTube. Look at my name. You know all them things?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Also you know you know if you are the striker is over now. I got tons of ideas. Uh Jamia White holl at me, Uh yeah, any of the girls that was on girlfriends holler at me for.
Speaker 3: Real, even a hippie one, oh bro when the show was on.
Speaker 2: That's the thing I didn't I didn't want to get into right now because this is like a three all conversation. But I loved when it used to be groups of women and then so you would bones over which one you liked. It was like that with Braxton's, Like that would tlcing, like that would Living Single? Who y'all think was the funnest I for living single? Real quick?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I saw that you would pitch this as a topic, see that bra and so difficult.
Speaker 1: I think a younger me thought it was regime. That's the easy choice, for easy choice, and I think the older me thinks it was Max. I think Max was the baddest of the four of them, and we we didn't give her.
Speaker 3: Her if I'm going to stand on business, if I'm going to stand on the principles that I have set for and try to live up to within my life. I am a Maxine guy.
Speaker 1: You're a Maxine guy.
Speaker 3: She was like, Okay, she was bad. She was a lawyer, she was she was fucking eating everything in sight. Hilarious.
Speaker 2: Fine, I've seen Saint Claire mmmm, like when she wasn't being like silly on KIM four. That could be a three hour conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a whole other one.
Speaker 1: No, And I think there's a fair argument for everybody.
Speaker 2: Trying to shut us down. See, that's the mafia. That's the mafia.
Speaker 1: I truly do think there's there's You could make an argument for any one of these women, and I would not. This doesn't feel like this would turn into a rageful argument. It truly does feel like a real discourse that we could reach.
Speaker 2: You know, it's definitely from a place of love and also how you know, kind of like the linguistics of how we define what is fine, what is bad, what is sexy?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's another day.
Speaker 1: Well follow Kobe, go go check out all of his ship. He's amazing and Bory Where where can they find you.
Speaker 3: Cool guy jokes eighty seven on Instagram. Check the Instagram out. That's my only social it'll it'll all have dates and tours coming up soon.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, and if you want to follow me, you can do it all at length. Saint Kerman, we have merch. We would love for you to buy some of the merch. It's at merch Central dot mymama told me dot com.
Speaker 3: I believe it's my mama told me merch Central, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's one of those and you'll figure it out. Just look up my mama told me merch. You'll find your way there. And as always, if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories, if you want to make a counter argument for the nutritional value of Arizona iced teas, you can send it all to my mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. Please subscribe, Like, do all the things that you're supposed to do on all the platforms that you're supposed to do them on. That should cover that, bye, bitch. The government, my chips and your Quala bears are racist.
Speaker 3: The host layers money.
Speaker 1: Turning stuff. I can't tell me nothing