Speaker 1: Mother Knows Death starring Nicole and Jemmy and Maria qk.
Speaker 2: Hi. Everyone welcome The Mother Knows Death.
Speaker 1: On today's episode, we're going to talk about an influencer who discovered he had cancer after his daughter died in Utero. That tragic helicopter crash in New York City that was caught on film. A dead body left in a closet in a hotel room. That one's a real doozy, wrong lab results that led to an abortion. That one is probably going to you guys are going to hear me go on a rant about that. A dead fetus that was found randomly on a New York City street, and more So, First, let me for those of you who are watching this episode, I look a little different today because I have absolutely no makeup on because I got a biopsy on my face, which is just this random like dark spot next to my nose. So if you're watching this, just that's that's why I look like this.
Speaker 2: You just know you're finding everybody.
Speaker 1: It's not the ugly, it's just like I don't normally I put a pound of blush on in my face right now just looks like super white, and I look ill and I'm fine. I'll keep you updated on whatever those results are. But like, that's that's just what it is. So anyway, let's get let's get started on this case of the influencer who discovered that he had cancer after his wife was having a miscarriage.
Speaker 2: This one is so insane. Thank you to the listener that sent it in. As soon as she said it, I was like, oh my god, I have to look into this. So Sidney Raz he's a life hack influencer. He has over four point five million followers on TikTok over a million on Instagram. He shared that his daughter died in utero at twenty six weeks and after her death, he and his wife had to under genetic testing to see exactly what went wrong. And from the test, they found that the baby had this genetic deletion that could cause stomach cancer. Because of this, he scheduled in endoscopy and then he found out he had stomach cancer.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy to think that his baby girl that was going to be born, actually saved his life.
Speaker 2: Probably, Yeah, I mean, this is why I think DNA stories are so cool. Obviously, this is such a tragic thing that happened to him, and then on top of losing your child, you now find out you have cancer. But I feel like in this case, this ends up being best case scenario for him because he didn't have any symptoms, and his doctors were saying that they might have not discovered it for a couple more years, and by that point he would have been stage three or four, which could have been deadly. So let's first talk about what happened to the baby that the wife was pregnant with. Twenty six weeks is far along to lose a baby, so that's terrible.
Speaker 1: And they diagnosed the baby with having this condition hollow prosencephally, and basically what that is is that you know when you look at a brain and it looks like there's a giant crack down the middle, it's split into like a right and a left half. Yeah, well that doesn't form properly. And not only the brain, but the facial bones as well, and the fetus could sometimes look very very malformed. So sometimes when a baby has this condition very severe, they actually look like a cightclops, like there's one eye in the center of the head. Sometimes it's two eyes that are fused very close together and It just depends on the severity of the condition as to what the fetus would look like in that situation. But they said that they noticed it. I guess they didn't notice it on ultrasound until twenty six weeks, which to me makes me think that it wasn't that severe, because I feel like that's something they would have caught earlier if it was that, if it was that severe. But possibly, I'm not sure. But lest anytime, I mean really, anytime you have a miscarriage so you don't know why it happened, you should always try to get genetic testing if you want to. But especially with later term babies like this, they don't you don't usually have a miscarriage later term as commonly, so they really want to see what's going on, just because if they want to try to have more children, they want to figure out what's happening. So they did this genetic testing on the baby itself, on the fetus that had died, and they found that this fetus had a deletion for this cd H one gene, which increases the risk for stomach cancer and breast cancer actually in females as well. So once they discovered this gene, this is a super genetic gene. This is the gene you think of, Oh my mom had stomach cancer, now I have it like something like that. So as soon as they saw that the baby had this mutation, then they were like, okay, well they got it from somewhere to be from the mom or from the dad. So the dad goes and gets an endoscopy done and they do a bunch of biopsies I think he said thirty plus biopsies on his stomach. And the reason that they do that and this cancer is so dangerous is because because it's called hereditary diffuse gastro cancer. So normally when you get gastric cancer stomach cancer, it forms a tumor that you could see that sometimes causes bleeding, and you could tell that it's there, so you could catch it earlier sometimes and you could see it on endoscopy when the doctor is looking with the camera on endoscopy. This one it's just kind of like grows diffusely, so like a carpet underneath there, and they can't really see it with endoscopy. So when they did his his stomach looked normal to the doctor, but they took biopsies and looked at thirty plus under the microscope, and one of them had a little small area of cancer. Now, if he didn't get that found right now, he would have presented when it was so late because of the way that it presents. It doesn't present as a tumor, like I said, so by the time he started showing symptoms and problems from it, he already would have been like a stage three or a stage four cancer, which just has such a worse prognosis.
Speaker 2: So remember we had a case of this in the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in my book Nicole an Jemy's Anatomy, we had a case, a similar case of a twenty two year old woman and her grandmother died from stomach cancer. And then they figured out that the grandmam had this gene. They decided to test the whole family.
Speaker 2: She had it.
Speaker 1: She got fifty stomach biopsies taken and the same thing they told her, they found a small area of cancer. So it seems really extreme. But the treatment for this kind of cancer is to take out a person's entire stomach. So what happens because he's pretty young, So what happens now, Like, how did they replace it?
Speaker 2: How does it guess when you don't have.
Speaker 1: So your GI system starts at your mouth, and then you have your esophagus, which is a tube that goes into your stomach, and then the stomach starts pouring the food that's partially digested into the small bell. So they remove the entire stomach and they send it to pathology. These specimens are actually kind of a bitch when we get them because, like I said, you can't see the tumor that great, especially in ones when we get them when the patient had this gene and they haven't even had a tissue diagnosis of cancer. We have to look at a lot of it under the microscope, and the stomach's freaking huge to look at all of it under the microscope like that. But anyway, so they cut it at the top, which is the bottom of the esophagus, and then they cut it at the bottom of the stomach, which is the top of the small bell, and they just kind of I mean, it's just the GI system from mouth to aenus is just a giant like tube hoose essentially, So they just cut out a section and they reattach it. So the esophagus then just dumped directly into the small bal so there's different things that you have to change the way you eat because you don't have the stomach and the stomach acids breaking down the food, so you're having chewed food go right into the small bow.
Speaker 2: So you have to.
Speaker 1: Really you can't eat like bigger chunks of food. You really have to chew your food a lot more and you have to just have smaller meals. But he he really should live a full life with no complications aside from just having to change.
Speaker 2: The way that he eats. I mean, again, I'm going to reiterate, this is such a tragic thing that have occurred to them. But at least he figured this out. Now, well he could, you know, kind of come back from this and it wasn't an ultimate death sentence, you know. Yeah, it's really it's really cool that you know, science is able to do this. I mean, when you test positive for this gene mutation, you have an eighty percent chance of developing some cancer. So even if you test positive for the gene, they recommend you take your stomach out. And for women, it's even more difficult because you have a sixty percent chance of developing lobular breast cancer, which is not the typical breast cancer that we usually talk about, but it's it's a type of breast cancer. So that's why this genetic it's very important to know when you know, when you go to the doctor and they.
Speaker 1: Ask you, did anybody in your family have cancer or anything, it's like really important because it could it could save your life. And it's it's also very odd too because it kind of has nothing to do with why this fetus even died. It's just it just so happens that they found that. So they still they still don't even really know like why the fetus developed this condition, which is which is a bummer, but at least it saved his life. Well maybe they have the answer, but that they're not publicly sharing something else that they found in the testing. I think, like I think he was, you know, just trying to be open with his audience about what he had to get done. And I assume their recovery is not easy from this at all. So he's probably going to be out of commission for a while. And you have people that are going to wonder where you are, and so I think when you have a big following like that, it's just best to tell them what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's it's cool.
Speaker 1: For awareness because just a lot of people don't really know about it, and we know that that doctors always aren't the best at communicating things with people. So it's just always good to know when you have people in your family that have cancer to always find out like, hey, can this happen to me too?
Speaker 2: Is this something that's genetic? Yeah, all right, let's move on to this helicopter crash. So last Thursday afternoon, this insane video came out showing this helicopter crashing into the Hudson River. This is so disturbing because you see the I guess it's what the fuselage of the helicopter and then the blades just totally separate in the air. So think of how scary that must have been for everyone inside of it. I know, and I was.
Speaker 1: Saying to you that whether you believe in God or not, whatever, like, you have to see that these past couple, especially the one that happened in DC and now this one, you're just like, thank God that this happened over the water and only the people that were involved in the crash were the ones that were killed. Because when you look at this video and you see this giant helicopter falling from the sky. Just imagine something like that happening only a few, you know, miles away, not even miles, but just right within the proximity of New York City and busy Manhattan and all those people walking down the street. To think about a giant propeller from a helicopter just flinging towards you on the street. I mean, it's it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Well that or the aircraft itself. Yeah, that had hit a skyscraper or a neighborhood, that would have been catastrophic. Then you add in the fear of people don't know what happened for a while, and then there's fear of terrorism and everybody has lnkering PTSD from nine to eleven there. You know, this could have been really so much work. Yeah, And I mean it just it just sucks.
Speaker 1: I my parents and my sister and brother recently went to Grand Canyon last year and they told me that they were going on one of these helicopter tours. And I said to my mom like, I'm like, are you fucking nuts? Why would you do that? And She's just like, well, yeah, blah blah blah. And I swear something happened that they couldn't go like there, their bus was late or something, and they showed up a couple of minutes later and they're like, we can't wait, sorry, and I'm like, you should really take that as a sign as a sign, I was like, mom, that saved your life whatever. Like I just I I never want to be on a helicopter unless I'm getting metavaced because like I'm about to drop that or something. I don't know, but I understand that people are in them all the time, and it's just I don't know, they just I don't like them ever since Kobe Bryant. I'm like, yeah, no, thanks, yeah exactly, I'm the same exact way as you.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you guys make fun of me all the time because I don't want to do like anything like that at all. But helicopters are what we have to tell them the latest one.
Speaker 1: Oh. So we're we're going on this cruise to Bermuda, right, And I'm like like trying to figure out because I've never been on a cruise and I've never even really been to another country.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: But I'm just kind of like, well, when the cruise lands there, Like, can I just like go rent a car and wet and gave and I the kids could go drive around. And Maria's like, you can't leave the proximity of the of the boat, and I'm like, Maria, it's it's Bermuda, dude, It's.
Speaker 2: Not like I don't know any going into Like I don't know anything about Bermuda. And I was under the assumption again you think I'm gonna get like murdered by the drug carteller. It's not even murdered. Like some of these islands have like crazy like wild animals and stuff, and that's why they tell you not to leave the resort. Obviously, I'm very naive to the landscape of Bermuda. But it's gonna be fine. But no, I don't want to go. I'll just stay. Yeah, So then me and my sister like, oh, maybe we'll go snorkeling, or maybe we'll go in this cave and stuff.
Speaker 1: And Marie is like, I think, just ell stay safe on the boat.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to leave.
Speaker 1: Like, could you imagine being in Bermuda and not like wanting to explore the whole island.
Speaker 2: Because you're deathly afraid of everything, all right, just want a pedia Colada on the beach and I want everybody to leave me alone. Anyway, on the helicopter, there was a family of five who were tourists from Spain and the pilot, unfortunately, all of them are pronounced dead due to the crash. Now the FAA is saying that this company has to suspend all of their flights. What I thought was interesting was I saw this article on CNN today that they the director of operations for this helicopter company had voluntarily suspended all of the flights. And then apparently the CEO of this company fired that guy and said he had no authorization to suspend the flights. So now the FAA has said, quote the immediate firing of the director of operations raises serious safety concerns because it appears mister Roth, who's the CEO for tal, mister Costello who was the director for making the safety decision to cease operations during the investigation. I do think that's concerning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so why why, like why would and and it's so tragic too, It's not just like oh people, you know, people die whatever.
Speaker 2: Everyoney's life is. Well, didn't you hear his quote, he said, these are machines. They break like did no told like?
Speaker 1: But Siah and and listen to an extent, He's right like it it's a machine and it broke. It doesn't seem the pilot seemed like he was. He was like legit and trained. And I mean, listen, we don't need the investigation. We saw with our own eyes what happened, and it.
Speaker 2: But like, did it break because there wasn't routine maintenance and it wasn't being checked out?
Speaker 1: Or was it truly just a freak? Gags? Regardless of what happened. Okay, a mom and a dad and their children died like recreationally trying to over New York City to celebrate the mom's birthday and then one of the kid's birthday. The kid was turning eight the next day. Okay, have some heart and be like, you know what, We're gonna take off for a little while and try to figure out what happened instead of just wanting to make money right away. And what person in the right mind is doing this after that happened, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just can't even see it. I think this investigation is gonna be tough because they said that this helicopter didn't have a black box or flight recorders, and they said no onboard video recordings, camera recordings have been recovered, or any other information like that. So I think they are going to have a difficult time finding out exactly what happened unless they have people working there that like are gonna come forward about possible issues or whatever.
Speaker 1: But that's a stretch, so you just don't know. So dol they So they got the bodies, they found, the bodies brought, they're gonna bring them to the medical examiners to get autopsy. I'm sure they're already autop seed at this point. Her brother had to travel from Spain to come identify his sister's body, along with her husband and their children. So how terrible is that? It's so horrible. It's so horrible. So they're going to determine how the people died, If they died in the aircraft itself, when it was in the air still, or when it hit the water, if they died from drowning, or you know, like they'll figure out what happened. Blunt damage, probably a combination of some of these things. So I'm sure they'll release that at some point when all the testing comes back, but freaking terrible, guys, we have hit over one million downloads and we are celebrating because of it. So initially we were having a giveaway contest just to let you guys know that how thankful we are. And we had all of these prizes, including a copy of my book and a year to the Grossroom and some other prizes. And since we've had so many submissions and they've all been so great, we decided that there still is going to be that one grand prize, but we're also going to give away a couple more signed copies of my book to some of you who are making submissions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so next Tuesday, we're going to announce four winners. They will be emailed, of course beforehand that they've won the prize, and you have until this Friday to submit your entry. But you're going to head over to Apple leave us a written review, Spotify and leave us a review, or head over to YouTube and subscribe. Screenshot your submission and then send it over to stories at mothernosdeath dot com. Okay, this one is extra disturbing for me. So there's a new lawsuit filed against University of Maryland Medical Center because it was discovered that a pharmacist working there had used a special software to hack into their computers and used it to download information to stock his female coworkers. All right, so let's be more descriptive of what happened here, because this is what it should freak everyone out. Apparently, I don't know. I didn't even know this was a possibility, and I know Gay warns me about it all the time, but I don't really I always plow them off. But he was able to break into their eye cloud accounts and into their personal computers at their house, and into their cameras at their house, and was able to like see them having sex with their husbands and seeing nude pictures they were sending to their husband or something over the eye cloud like this. It was up to eighty people he was spying on throughout the course of years. And that's what's scary to me.
Speaker 1: That he was able to change a button on cameras. You know, when the camera's on, sound like he's tearing the light off. So yeah, the little green light was on. You didn't even know your camera was on. And it's just like all of us have cameras on our doorbells and in our house and on our computers and things like that.
Speaker 2: And remember Gabe.
Speaker 1: Used to say to pull like he used to like put a piece of tape over the camera, used to he still does it, and we were just like, dude, you are so paranoid. And he's like, people could look through your cameras and we're like, well, how.
Speaker 2: If it's not on? Well, isn't this what like Edward Snowden whistle blue about our government that they were doing that to people.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's just so freaking scary that that somebody has access to all your shit like that.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and like scary.
Speaker 1: Like why if you're that good, Like why are you using it for something like that? You should open your own computer company or software company or something.
Speaker 2: It's just so weird. Well, these seem to be the type of people that get recruited by the FBI because they're such good criminals that they were. They're like, we actually need you because we need to learn how criminals do this. So, I don't know, this is incredibly disturbing. It seems first of all, he's been doing this for eight years and they believe he's targeted at least like minimum eighty of his female coworkers. So at first he was accessing their social Security numbers and I guess their addresses, And then eventually he figured out he could get into their personal eye clouds, so then he was getting nude photos. So then it when he figured out the camera component of this, he was spying on either women at his job changing or breastfeeding their children. And then eventually he was hacking into their systems at home so he would see them having intimate moments with their significant others and all this horrible stuff. I'm really curious how they figured this out exactly, Like who figured out he was doing it? And how did this guy have the time at work to do all of this without anyone noticing for almost a decade.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I did, you know what, though, I do think it's a little weird that you would have cameras like in your bedroom and stuff like.
Speaker 2: Not well, not cameras if you have a computer in your bedroom or your iPhone. Oh yeah, that's a camera. It's not like people just have security all over. Oh my god, this is fucking scary. It's really scary to me. In classic Edward, You're not Edward Twilight, Charles Colin the serial killer. Allegedly the hospital or the medical center has known about this since last year and they did fire him, but of course he's just pushed him onto another facility. So as of this article we're referencing, he was still actively working pharmacist at another medical center. And only the women that were contacted by the FBI know they were victims of this, So there are some women that don't even know they were targets of his.
Speaker 1: I don't understand, Like, I just don't understand why he's not in prison.
Speaker 2: I don't know and there's no qual charges. Why. Clearly, if the FBI is interviewing women, they have enough evidence to know that he's done this, So how are they filing this? How do they have enough evidence to file this lawsuit but not enough to get him charged.
Speaker 1: I don't under I just really don't understand it. I mean, I like, obviously you want to you want you're gonna sue the guy. Like what is suing a person going to do? He's a pharmacist, he's not, he's not he doesn't have a shit ton of money like that.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think they're suing him. I think they're suing the Medical Center for not having high enough security that they should have that allowed him to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that that for sure, if somebody if that's happening at work, and especially if they knew it they and they were just like brushing it under the rug.
Speaker 2: This scares the shit out of me. I will be following Gabe's footsteps and putting the little cutout posted note over my cameras. I think they even make special phone cases to do it. It's so terrifying.
Speaker 1: I it no, it's it, like seriously is because then like if he could see stuff through the camera, then they're like listening to you in your house too.
Speaker 2: Well, Instagram's already listening to you in your house.
Speaker 1: That that is definitely true. But what is the newest thing that was popping up we were talking about recently? So we know, we all know I have my Mezza thelium, my ads, but I had I had a totally new set of ads last week that I was like, this is ridiculous because I think it was something I just said to you in passing, Well, do.
Speaker 2: You want to hear something crazy that happened?
Speaker 1: So I got like some targeted ad for a Phillies hat and I liked it, and then I ordered it and I got it and it was like not the right color.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I'm going to return it.
Speaker 1: But before I decided to return it, I took a picture of it and I sent it to my brother and I said, I don't like, I don't really like the way this looks.
Speaker 2: Do you want it?
Speaker 1: Because if you don't want it, then I'm going to return it. And he said no, So fine. Gabe wasn't even home at all when all this went down. So then like last night, he sends me a picture of the hat and he's like, oh, you might like this hat, and it's the same hat, and I'm just like, this is outrageous. If it's it's not like it's like a very weird Phillies ha, it's like not the traditional one that And I'm just like, are we all somehow connected that It's like that picture was taken in this house of that or something was from that place from this house.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. I think it is starting to connect it or it figures out who's in your household, because half the reals, Ricky sends me or vice versa, where like we already saw that earlier today, so you're getting fed the same as that content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and out of the millions and billions of videos on Instagram, you're like, how are we both individually seeing like the same video exactly when it doesn't even have like crazy views or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel horrible for these women. It's such an invasion of privacy. It's worse than having somebody like peeping in your window, because they're in your house essentially, and you don't even know it. It's such an invasion of privacy. Yeah, and it's scary because you're just like, when you're in your house, it's your safe space. You know, you don't think that people are listening and watching you, no, exactly, but anymore today you just never know. Yeah, all right. So in Key Largo, Florida, the family of this forty three year old woman had called police because they hadn't heard from her in a couple of days, which wasn't normal. So police figure out that at some point she met up with this guy at a local hotel. He ended up staying tonight, but checked out the next day and went about his day. Apparently, when he checked out, the cleaning people saw that there was a bloody sheets and towels stuffed in a trash bag, but didn't think to contact police, so they just threw it out and didn't say anything. Then they cleaned the room. They let another family check into the room they stayed overnight, checked out the next day, and by the time police get involved. At this point, they go back in the room and find the woman stuffed in a closet where the air conditioner was. So these people had no idea they were staying in a hotel room with a dead.
Speaker 1: Body, right, And when you stay in a hotel room, you don't normally, I mean, obviously you would open a closet, but I guess some of them have a I don't know why one would have an air conditioning closet, but I guess some of them might have.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true. One of the hotel rooms that.
Speaker 1: We stay in when we go to Cape May is like an older building, and I think that there's a hot water heater in one of the doors. I never looked in there, but I remember opening it and looking in there, so I could totally see. I guess how something like that could happen. Oh my god, could you imagine? Because my kids When we go into a hotel room, they open and explore every single inch of the hotel room. They just want to know, like this is different from where we live. We open every drawer, we want to see what everything is. Could you imagine if kids or something opened the door and saw a dead woman that was beat to death in the closet.
Speaker 2: No, I really can't. And then I have to ask, like did that not smell? Because even if she was killed that morning, it's hours later, it's Florida. I know she was next to an air conditioner, but yeah, I don't know. Not in a day.
Speaker 1: It might have smelled like a little off, but not really. I mean just being there a day. If if it was like a normal room temperature room, or even the air was on it, it doesn't have to smell.
Speaker 2: In a day like that.
Speaker 1: And like I said, like how many times if you've been in a hotel room where it like there's like a weird smell and you're just like, oh whatever, Like a pair of a lot of people don't really know what the smell of a decomposing body smells like. I feel like everyone should because at least everyone smelled either a dead animal or like rotted meat, even if you throw it in your trash can and open your trash can and it stinks so bad, like it has a very specific smell to me, of like a decomp smell. But I don't know, Like who knows. Do you think they tell the family what happened? Or you just see this article and you just hope it wasn't you. These people have no idea, and like they might not even see the article because I feel like I found this on like a more I mean, maybe the story just came out, but this was on like a smaller local news. It's not like from CNN or anything, so they might not ever know. I mean I hope they do, and I hope they come forward and say, like how would you even know?
Speaker 2: It's just it's just messed up, all right. This twenty eight year old woman in her fiance, they had been trying I have a baby for a while and they ended up breaking up because it was too much frustration. So they were only broken up for a couple of weeks, and in that time she had slept with somebody else, so they get back together.
Speaker 1: So let's stop right there already, Like she already sucks, right, like you're trying to start a family with somebody, and you break up because you're stressed out about it, So the solution is to go have sex with somebody else.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you know she broke up with him?
Speaker 1: She said they broke up because of stress and aggravation from inability to conceive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what if he said, I don't want to do this anymore still, like three weeks?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: No, all right, Well, you're not going to be in the popular opinion with this one, because when most people break up with each other, they don't like, wait a while.
Speaker 1: So if you really think, if you really like, if you're with somebody that you're planning on marrying and that you love, you're not having sex with somebody else like a couple of days after you, guys break up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well I don't think I'm in the minority.
Speaker 2: With that, but listen, I would not, but most people do. And I think you're gonna be like in the unpopular opinion about that. And you don't know why they broke up, so let's chill out with me. I do know why they broke up.
Speaker 1: It said because of stress and aggravation from their inability to conceive.
Speaker 2: But you're saying that if she broke up with him and that was the love of her life, why is she gonna go sleep with somebody like you don't know she broke up with him, He might have broke up with her, and then she was like, fuck you, I'm sleeping with somebody else. Yes, no, that's that's weird, Okay, So your judgment aside. She they end up getting back together after a couple of weeks, and then she gets pregnant right away and she fears that it might be the hookups baby. So behind her fiance's back, this is where I could agree she's wrong. Instead of telling her fiance what happened, that she slept with another person, she meets up with this guy behind his back and has not one, but three paternity tests to see if this guy is the baby's dad. So two of the first two tests were inconclusive. So then they find it another place and do another fraternity test, and then she goes for it and has a gender reveal party with the fiance and everything. This whole time he's thinking it's his kid, and then she gets a call from the place that says they are ninety nine point nine to nine percent certain that the hookup is the baby's dead.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I love that you just think that this is the wrong part about it. I mean, it gets it gets way worse. So then so then she has to tell the guy, Okay, this isn't your kid, this is this guy I slept with his kid. And then she gets an abortion because of it, and she was over twenty weeks pregnant, so she decides.
Speaker 2: I'm not keeping this kid.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get an abortion, right and I don't. They don't really weren't really clear on like if her and her fiance decided that that's what they should do, like who, like what made them decide, But regardless, she gets the abortion, they stay together, and then a couple months later, she gets a phone call that, oh, we're sorry, there was a lab error. And in fact, that guy isn't your baby's father. The guy that you're at who's your fiance, is actually the father.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying the part that you're taking of it, that she's suck with somebody after getting broken up with is like the least problematic part of this entire equation. It's the fact that, like, she's not being honest with her fiance. She's going behind his back and doing something and then you immediately result to getting an abortion. It's ridiculous. If you were trying so hard to have a baby, and even if it was the other guy's baby, you should still go forward and have it and then if your relationship last, it lasts, and if it doesn't, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just well and listen, like this is this is exactly why there's people who are against abortion because of like assholes like this that shouldn't have children. To be honest with you, like it, it definitely is a thing that should be available for women, but like this to me is like an abuse of it. And it's just it's just completely ridiculous. And once you hear the more things like so now she's saying that she wants to sue the company and she wants them to be held accountable, and it's just like, dude, you fucking suck. Lady, Like she she sucks as a person on so many levels, Like I don't know, I think she sucks because she's you know, not being honest with the fiance and obviously, if something like that happened, you're not gonna want to come forward necessarily.
Speaker 2: I just don't think she treated it the correct way. And I think jumping to an abortion, while it's every woman's right to have that if they want to, it was just rather extreme. And she even said after she started the process of it, she regretted it and she tried to backtrack, but they were like, it's too late. Listen.
Speaker 1: Like, I've been real open with that. When Gabe and I were dating that we broke up a lot because it was just like, like all this stuff and the last thing I was thinking about was ever just trying to bang it out with somebody else. When you're like in love with someone and you're trying to like figure things out and stuff, you just don't go out and have sex with somebody.
Speaker 2: That's your experience, So chill.
Speaker 1: It is my experience, That's what that's That's why I'm staying my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're being aggressive about it. Just simmer down. The problem is not that she slept with somebody else necessarily, like it's it's the fact that the subsequent series of events that occurred afterwards. The company should be responsible in some capacity for having inaccurate results and not relaying that information for a couple of months, but they should not be responsible for her deciding to get an abortion because of that, because this is such a weird situation. It's just such a weird situation. I think she should have just told the fiance, like, listen, I thought we were done for good and I had sex with somebody else and I don't think it's his kid, but I just want to make sure before we go forward with this, instead of sneakily trying to tell him it was her baby while she thought it might have not been his baby, and then you ended up losing him anyway. So and now you you've lost your child that you work so hard to can and now you don't have the fiance.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's what is really is mind blowing, and it's kind of like, Okay, so you were having a hard time getting pregnant and then you finally did and you were just like like it. It's so incredibly gross and selfish. It like makes me like feel so uncomfortable inside to hear about this story. And now what like she's just gonna stay with this guy and then they're just gonna make another kid and then that live happily ever after. It's just gross, like you shouldn't ever be well, they're telling people that this is okay at all. They're not together anymore, so, like it's it's idiotic that she even did it to beget so they're not together now because they were together when they called and said it was actually his baby.
Speaker 2: She got the abortion, and so I guess at that time he found out that it wasn't his kid. But then they stayed together, and then a couple of months later when the place found out they made a lab error and alerted her that the fiance was actually the kid's dad, then they broke up because he was probably like this.
Speaker 1: He was finally like kid, he was like, oh, you finally saw that was the final straw.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with this. I think if you want to get an abortion, that's you're right. I think this story is just ridiculous, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of fetuses, so this woman was just casually walking down the street in Brooklyn and then came across fetus on the ground. So ems said that the fetus looked like it was about sixteen weeks, which is four months pregnant. According to all these pregnancy websites, it says that the baby would be about the size of an avocado. It's you know, we've got sixteen week fetuses all the time in surgical pathology, and I would say you could put it in your hand and it would fill up your hand. It's pretty decent size. If it was sitting on the street, any person in the world would know what it was because it's very recognizably human at that point, arms, hands, fingers, toes, toenails, eyelids, the whole. You know, it looks like what you think of as a fetus. So they have a crime scene set up they're gonna show. What they'll do is they'll send it to the medical Examiner's office. The autop see it. They'll see if there was any evidence of trauma. I would say that it's more than likely that someone had some kind of a miscarriage and it just I don't know if they were outside when it happened, or I don't know what happened that it ended up on the sidewalk, But I would say that it's more than likely not like a crime per se. What do you think I mean, I haven't heard anything else.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 1: Unless I just think it's a product of a miscarriage.
Speaker 2: I think We see this a lot of times in young people that get pregnant by accident and they don't know what to do and they can't tell anybody, So that then that's how this ends up happening, where you're finding them like in the trash and everything. I have a question though, when it says that the fetus is four months old, like, this is not a four month old baby, it's a fetus that is four months developed, correct, Yeah, that's what I would think, like sixteen weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't really know, because I obviously, like I didn't see the scene itself. I don't know if there was a placenta, was there blood, was it just a fetus on because just like obviously if you have a miscarriage at sixteen weeks, it's like you don't have a perfectly clean fetus coming out by itself without a lot of blood and the placenta and the other products of conception. So that would imply to me that it was moved from wherever however it left the mom's belly at that point. So I mean that's kind of the investigation they're gonna have to do. But like you said, like and this this could just happen too. Like if you if you have a miscarriage at your house, I mean you don't you don't have to go to the hospital. I think that you should just to get checked to make sure it all came out. But like sometimes if you're four months along and it comes out like the things sizable, like what, you can't flush it down the toilet, Like what do you? I don't know what you're supposed to do with it. I actually think that we had a story that, remember, some woman had a miscarriage and she I don't know if she tried to flush it down the toilet or whatever she did, but she got in trouble for it that of like disposing of a human remains or something like that. And I don't really know like what the proper thing is, and I'm sure it varies from state to state.
Speaker 2: But like if you were if you were eight.
Speaker 1: Weeks pregnant or nine weeks pregnant, had a miscarriage, you would just like flush it down the toilet and nobody would even think that you were committing a crime or anything.
Speaker 2: So well, I think I think it depends where you live who considers that to be a problem. But I think just in a lot of these cases, it's like people don't know what to do with it. I feel like in the past, we've had people even right back to us that they had a miscarriage at their house and they keep the fetus in like their freezer, and it's like this way of mourning. I mean, obviously that's really intense for some people, but like some people need that to grieve and to heal. So I don't know, because like I don't know what I would do in that case of like preserving it if I didn't keep it, because like I don't think i'd want the reminder constantly. But I understand why people would do it if they need that to mourn. It's difficult. It's yeah, you can, you can too.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people bring fetal remains to the funeral home to have a burial and everything. I mean, it just depends on what people want to do in that situation. So I mean again, like, hopefully we hear more about this and they tell us like, Okay, it came from here or whatever. They can depending on if if it wasn't that decomposed or whatever, they could possibly do DNA on it and try to figure out who the parents are. I don't know, crazy story. I just can't imagine looking at that. Well, you know, one time, this makes me think of something. So one time I was in surgical pathology and someone had a miscarriage. And I would say it wasn't sixteen weeks, but I'd say it's more like thirteen or fourteen weeks. Someone had a miscarriage and we got a specimen that looked like it was pulled out of the trash and it was literally a Rita's water ice bag with pops you know, the you know the popsicles that you buy at the store or the yeah, the popsicles you buy at the store that are like liquid and you put the box in the freezer and they freeze, and two of those empty wraps like stuck together, and there was a dead fetus stuck to all of that stuff. Like someone threw it in the trash. And I don't remember if it was the woman that had the miscarriage drew it in the trash and then decided to bring it into the hospital or whatever, But all I know is I got a big pile of trash with a dead feet as stuck to it. So what possibly happened in that case is that like you have the miscarriage and you're just like so trying because it could be traumatizing to see that obviously, and just not really knowing what to do and then maybe like calming down, calling the doctor them telling you maybe to bring it into the hospital or something.
Speaker 2: But it was brought into us like that. Yeah, I just think in most of these cases, people don't know what to do. And I think there's a lot of situations where people do get pregnant or they don't know they're pregnant, and then something like this happens and they freak out and they don't know what to do with it. So I think that would more so explain what happened. All right, our last story talk about medical schools that are planning to stop using kidavers. How do you feel about this? Obviously, I think it's a terrible idea. It's interesting because recently I did an autopsy and there was a medical student there. This was probably like more last year. There was a medical student there that was seeing his first autopsy and he looked like he was going to faint. The people have a very certain look to them when they're about to just like go down right I've seen it a lot of times. You've seen it with me. This guy's like white as a ghost.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at him and I'm kind of and and at this point, I don't usually see it from medical students or even medical because I don't know if he was a medical student or resident. But he was like like towards the end of stuff that he was doing. So usually when you see people have that reaction, it's somebody that's seeing this stuff for the first time. And you don't expect to see that in people who are.
Speaker 2: Through their medical school and.
Speaker 1: Through their residency, because obviously they've seen a lot of it. And I said, like, what's going on, and he's just like, this is just it's just a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, is this your first autopsy and he's like he's like, yeah, well I've never seen a dead body before, so it's just a lot for me to handle. And I was like what And he said he went to medical school school during COVID and they just didn't have gross anatomy lab because it was shut down because of COVID, right, And I'm just like, so, you went through all of medical school and you didn't dissect a body. And he was like no, and my mind is like blown. I'm like you, you're like a fake doctor. You can't even be a doctor right now. How could you do that without even it's like it just should be like against the wall or something.
Speaker 2: You know. To me, that's something you can't really get over. As a person that gets really squeamish with stuff like that, I think like it would be really hard for me to get over something like that, like even with a bunch of exposure therapy and everything. And to think this person that's been in bed school for ten years and.
Speaker 1: No, they're not in med school for ten years by any stretch of the imagination, but they're in med school for four years and he was towards the end of it or a resident already.
Speaker 2: So regardless, like, if.
Speaker 1: You're going to be graduating and you're going to be a doctor that's taking care of patients, like you can't have that thing.
Speaker 2: You just can't. It's literally impossible. I'm saying, there you getting over it, Yeah, but I don't want to say that because there are people there is getting over it. I think that the first.
Speaker 1: Time that you see a dead body in your entire life, because you have to think, like medical students are young kids. Sometimes they're like in their early twenties, right, they might not even have been to a funeral before. This is literally the first time they're seeing a dead person, to see an autopsy, as that first experience is, it is a lot because it's so gruesome and it's just a lot to process.
Speaker 2: I've seen lots.
Speaker 1: Of people that kind of are like weird, including I even think including myself, Like I feel like I played it off kind of cool, but the very first time I saw it, I was just like, how is everyone in this room just totally cool that there's like a dead person gutted laying here right now and everybody's like talking about what they're going to eat for lunch. Like it's a very weird thing to experience and get used to. And I think people can. I don't think people like you can, but there are people that just are shocked initially just because of what it is. But that's why I think that it's it's so ridiculous that that's part of the whole point of the cadaver situation, is that you could just get comfortable around a dead body because if you're a physician. In most fields, you're going to come across that at some point or definitely during your training. Even if you're a dermatologist, you're going to see things that are disturbing, you know, like any dimatologists.
Speaker 2: I think see some of the most deserving things. But I think even when you're touring a school and you're considering it, they should expose you to that if it's part of the major you're looking to go to. Because I remember when I was sixteen and we went to University of the Science Is to look at the pharmacy program, and I was really into the chemistry component of it. And as soon as they brought us in that little room and they're like, this is where we practice giving injections, I was like, I'm good, I'm out. I don't want to do this, which is absolutely ridiculous, but I know this about myself, and then I didn't waste all this money going to school for something that I can't get over. So yeah, and it's crazy that.
Speaker 1: We had that with one of the girls in my PA class too, honestly, that she just like whatever. Anyway, the whole point is, though they have all I know that they have like all this awesome technology they have, like three D visualization and augmented reality and all that kind of stuff, but it's just not ever going to be the same as sticking your hands in a body and just seeing. One of the things with cadavers is you could have five in front of you and all other anatomy looks kind of different because of anatomic variation, and it's just not something you're going to get from a computer thing. You're not going to be able to touch and feel what it feels like. And like I understand, some fields of medicine are a little bit more like family medicine or something like that, that you're not really like, you're not doing surgery, You're not going to have your hands inside of somebody like that, especially pathology or dermatology like things that you're going to actually need to like touch and feel to see what.
Speaker 2: Things are like.
Speaker 1: But I still think that it's I think that it's just a terrible idea because ultimately every one of these people that are graduating are going to have to work on a real person and that's really the only way you're going to be able to do it and to see a lot of it. I've already been kind of against how much work they've been taking off of some of the residents in pathology, especially because just the you just get better the more you see. It's just like Bryce Harper gets better at baseball because he plays. He practices and practices and practices. It's just like it's the same as acting with medicine. You just get better the more that you see. And the only way that you're going to see like real life is because like these programs are just like AI. They're not always right, you know what I mean, They are not always giving you what you would see, and it just it just is terrible for your critical thinking skills and all that. So, I mean, there's concerns with the kidavers, and I understand that because because of the shadiness that goes along with that whole entire field, and I guess that's why they're going away from it more. I don't know if it's more because of that or because of just the money that it costs for it. I mean, you have to have special labs for cadavers, you have to have employees that take care of the cadavers, because you can't they'll dry out and they'll get all gross and moldy and stuff, so there has to be people that know how to take care of them. And you know, it's not very regulated a lot like from when you donate your body to science, it's pretty regulated, but then once people get the body, it's not as regulated. And I think our body was like five thousand dollars for PA school and we shared it and it was awesome. It's just like it's just something I don't know. I personally think there's just something that you have to do. But whatever, I guess that will be. We'll see what happens with that.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's move on to Questions of the Day. Every Friday at the at mother nos Death Instagram account, you guys could head over to our story and ask us whatever you want. First. On a recent episode, you said that you believe vitamins and supplements are a scam. What do you think about all the recommended vitamin for bariatric surgery patients? Well, I don't know if I act like if I think that they're a scam one hundred percent, like I think they definitely have a place for some people. And I told you guys, like my little one has had to get some treatment for she had to get some infusion for her bone issue, and the first time she got it done, she was supposed to do so she's supposed to take thumb's which would be like a calcium supplement for a couple of weeks before she gets it done. And here I was giving them to her every day and she was hiding them, and I found like a pile of film in her room after she got it done. But when she got the infusion of this medication, she was in so much pain in her bones and I couldn't figure out why. And the doctor was like, well, did she take to calcium And I said, yeah, she did, I don't know, But then I found all of them that she didn't take. So the second time around, I was like, Okay, obviously I have to sit here and like watch her chew every one of these and she did, and then when she got the treatment, it was like it was like she didn't have any issues at all. So like that calcium supplement worked for her in that specific instance. And I just think a lot of times, like when you're watching TikTok or Instagram or something and all these people are like, oh, you have to take magnesium for this and you have to take like what are some examples Because of my like perimanopausal symptoms, there was like all these supplements I took and stuff, and I was just kind of like, Okay, this didn't do anything. I took them for months and like I stopped taking them, and it like a lot of it's a scam, honestly. But if your doctor is recommending that you take them prior to bariatric surgery, I think you should because usually prior to getting that surgery, you go on a fasting type diet that might leave you a little bit your nutrients a little bit lower than they would be if you were eating regular food, and they want to make sure that your your vitamins and are healthy when they do the surgery. So I think they definitely have a purpose, But you know, I just think that sometimes it's a scam. All of these companies that sell My husband, honestly, he's famous for it. He's like taken this Gommy and this gummy, and I'm just like I should just go in the bathroom right down and count how much money he spends a month on some of these things, like this is this beat one, and this is this this greens one, and all this, and I'm just kind of like, is this really doing anything for you? I don't really know. I'm surprised Lubert didn't want to take the thumbs because of all things you could take, they taste kind of like candy, so so she wasn't. I don't I agree.
Speaker 1: I think that they taste like sweet tarts kind of or something. They're just like one of those kinds of candies. So she figured out I bought her like after that, like all the different flavors, and then she fingured out that she liked the Pina colada ones.
Speaker 2: So now like she takes them without a problem.
Speaker 1: It just was I don't even know if she was not taking it. I feel like she was just taking it to be like I'm not taking it because you said I should or whatever. But but then she learned her lesson. Oh she learned her lesson. And I'm like all like naive because I think, oh, I've been doing the right thing the whole time.
Speaker 2: I mean, she was nine.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe she's kind of at the younger age to like trust that she was doing it. I just I didn't even think a kid would ever argue about taking Tom's honestly.
Speaker 2: All right. Next, tips for getting accepted into a competitive PA program.
Speaker 1: I think that you have to have some kind of experience usually that sticks out. Of course, it's really hard right now, Like if you walk in and you're like, oh, well, hi, I volunteered at the Medical Examiner's office for a summer, like, obviously that's going to put you ahead.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if.
Speaker 1: You could do that stuff anymore, because I'm hearing more and more that people aren't letting people in turn like that. So but I'm sure there's some places that still do that. Just any kind of experience you can get that makes them know that you kind of understand what the field is and you know for sure you want to do this and you're ready to do this.
Speaker 2: That's all I could say. All right. The last one's for me. Was there ever a time growing up where you didn't want to look or style like your mom?
Speaker 1: Wasn't.
Speaker 2: I just talking to the kids about this in the car because they said something about a haircut, and I said, at least you didn't have to have matching haircuts with mommy. Yeah, but that's when you were like five, so we used to have matching haircuts. When I was a little kid, which was crazy because it was like the late nineties, early two thousands, So it was either like a pixie cut or that really short, like flared out what would you even call that? Look? They're really short but flared out at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Oh, just like it's kind of like retro, like a flip like bob, Like a bob that's flipped out.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, but it was like really short. Yeah, I don't. I don't know what it's called anyway. I mean, I think we have similar styles naturally, but also very different. You typically like to lean into like the lacy, more victorian lady look, and I wear like more grandma crochet knit type of things. I wear a lot of different colors. You definitely don't. You have a very specific color palette. I try to stick to the color palette and that's the background for the show, But in everyday life, I wear oranges, green, green, and ore, the ugliest colors ever.
Speaker 1: For you.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's fun.
Speaker 1: It's funny because the kids, like obviously, when you have kids, you dress your kids how you how you what you like. So I always dress the kids in like like when they were younger, like skinny jeans and Doc Martins and T shirt.
Speaker 2: You know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And as they're getting older, like I don't ever put my opinion as far as that goes too strong on because I hate the way that they dress now.
Speaker 2: It's just they're just.
Speaker 1: Like very trendy with the ugs and the crocs and the this, and you know, like they always have this like certain style stuff that I'm kind of like, okay, whatever, and it's not one hundred percent what I would choose as being like cool, but like what what one thing that really bummed me out was when like Lillian always had the coolest hair ever. She had like that like side the side shaved on her head and the long hair, and she has really good hair. Both my kids actually have really good hair. Not Maria, well, no, I Maria has. Yeah, she got my heart.
Speaker 2: My hair's good now because I figured out like the perfect shampoo product thing with the bright tool. But before it was like crazy you were You're just like blessed with my terrible hair.
Speaker 1: But anyway, yeah, so Lilian, uh, Lilian recently, like I guess it was last year or two years ago, decided that she was going to start growing the shaved side out and I was just like no, Like I was really just like didn't want her to do it. And I was like, everybody thinks your hair is so cute, and I love your hair and it's so cute. But she was just like, yeah, but I want I want something different. So now it's just like basic whatever.
Speaker 2: She likes it.
Speaker 1: So I'm kind of like, Okay, I try to help her do it and stuff, but a part of me died that day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're ridiculous. No, I mean I don't know it today. It's like, you know, I try to be on brand when we're doing work related events with the whole vibe we go with. But I my style is not too far off from hers. It's just a little different color wise really, And like I wear more jeans, like regular jeans, not black jeans, and you and I wear jellies of what jellies? Yeah, I know you have that cute pair of jellies I have. I have.
Speaker 1: I have one pair of blue jeans and when I wear them, like I wore them last week and I just was like, oh, I feel gross in these.
Speaker 2: I have to take them off. Yeah, Like you're crazy about that, Like you'll get jeans that don't have a black or gold button though of silver, and you're like, I can't wear these, which is ridiculous. I just don't care. I'm like a crazy person. What can I say? Whatever? All right, thank you guys so much. Don't forget to submit your entry for the one million download giveaway to stories at Mothernosdeath dot com and if you have a story for us, please send it to there as well or email sorry messages on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Thanks Toya, thank you for listening to Mother nos Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologists assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show, my website, and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, Please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room.
Speaker 2: Or hospital.
Speaker 1: Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks