Speaker 1: Second d.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you talk about a beautiful woman on a first date and how she's burning with desire.
Speaker 3: Who says that?
Speaker 4: Say that?
Speaker 1: But what if she's burning literally because she ate her food too quickly when it was hot and it seared her mouth.
Speaker 5: It's better than a candle on the table that she leaned over and her hair went up and playing so spicy.
Speaker 2: So I guess that's what happened to one of our listeners, Julie, who sustained a little oral injury on her first day. Julie, two questions, One are you out of the hospital yet?
Speaker 1: And two? Did you meet any hot.
Speaker 2: Doctors you could throw Alexis's way?
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't actually go to the doctor. I was just kidding. I thought it wasn't great.
Speaker 2: Okay, why don't you start at the beginning. Tell us about the guy that you met? What's his name?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, I met this really nice guy named Dennis. We met on Bunble. We talked i'd say probably three four weeks.
Speaker 3: That's a long time to talk to before you met in person.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know you're seeing cautious and taking our time, and we really were enjoying just the conversation, but we both work full time and it was just kind of hard to find a time that works for both of us.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: It seem to be on the same page as on so many things, and like we just we have so much in common.
Speaker 6: Oh good.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, if you're talking that much before you meet someone in person, there's probably a lot of pressure on the first time you actually see each other, right, because it all comes down to that you've already invested so much time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so pressure's on. What'd you guys end up doing for your date.
Speaker 4: We had a really nice time going to a build your own pizza place.
Speaker 3: Build your own pizza.
Speaker 1: Those places and that's it just.
Speaker 7: On a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done it before.
Speaker 6: Veggies.
Speaker 5: Wait, No, like build your own pizza like the subway style where you tell them to put everything on.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a place where you literally like you need the dough, there's a topping bar, you kick out what you put on the pizza, and.
Speaker 1: You put the stuff on top of it. You may cook it for you.
Speaker 5: But what did you think when you saw him for the first time, Like, did he match up to his pictures?
Speaker 3: Was there chemistry there?
Speaker 1: Was pizza in the room, nothing else except the pizza.
Speaker 4: So he looked great. He wasn't as into the pizza as I was, like, not in a bad way, but just kind of like, oh, you could tell it was my anything.
Speaker 3: God, I mean we can tell that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it, okay.
Speaker 4: And so the pizza came out and he was very nice and he said, you know, you worked so hard on it. You take the first bite.
Speaker 5: Why, it's like so polite, So you're the one that has to burn the roof of your mouth.
Speaker 3: That's always the first bite, right.
Speaker 4: That is exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just spicy burning.
Speaker 4: So I took a fight and it was so hot. It was so hot that I had to spit it out, like like a child who was eating something that they didn't like the taste of.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's actually blistering. And the cheese is like stuck on the roof of your mouth.
Speaker 1: How did Dennis react when that was happening?
Speaker 4: Was? I mean, he was so sweet. He was trying so hard to help you. At one point reached across the table and tried to like put water in my mouth. Oh, it was just making a mess, and the piece was ruined and it was fine, but we kind of just decided to call it for dinner and just go for a walk.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And you're like distracted because like literally blisters are forming on the roof of your mouth.
Speaker 1: Also, you're talking like this the whole time because.
Speaker 3: You don't want to like, could I have a couple of ice?
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have the excess skin. I know, let's not talk about was the walk, okay, Let's focus on the walk. How the walk go?
Speaker 4: So the walk seemed fine. He's walked me to his car, and of course he has a first aid kit and he gets out, he gets out some gaws.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do with gaws? It's all the inside of your mouth.
Speaker 4: He insisted that I put it on the roof of my mouth.
Speaker 2: If I'm guessing that he's not a doctor, he's trying, he's trying to help.
Speaker 4: He's trying to help. I've been the one who's made a fool of myself at this point, so I just kind of go with it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, spray some blighty cane in your mouth.
Speaker 1: I was going, did he put like ointment in there?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What did he do?
Speaker 4: No, it was just like a neosporin kind of.
Speaker 2: So it kind of sounds it kind of sounds like the burn was the focal point of the whole night.
Speaker 1: It kind of ruined your momentum of anything. Yeah, you guys were focused on that too much, you think.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would have loved to have not focused on it. But it didn't seem to be the problem because we walked up to like a playground essentially. We were just kind of stood and chatting, and of course, like me, chatting was a little difficult, but like he said, he wanted to kiss me, and he was so sweet, and I was like, you know, my mouth is damn.
Speaker 1: There's literal gauzet it. How you kiss me? Let me change out diss him.
Speaker 4: Anyway, he kept getting closer to my face and he was so sweet, and so I just kind of like turned over my shoulder and spit out the goss.
Speaker 3: He was still into it, guys.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: He was into it. And we had this amazing kiss and it's like it didn't kickle I have a weird feeling about it.
Speaker 3: Come on, he was into you though. That's what's the important thing is that it was.
Speaker 2: Still nice.
Speaker 1: That that's actually really good.
Speaker 3: Are you telling me he hasn't called to or anything that.
Speaker 4: So here's where I'm so confused, because we were texting for like four days after and then all of a sudden, he just drops off the face of the air, and you know, his bumble is gone, like the profile is gone.
Speaker 1: That's so weird.
Speaker 3: What was the last thing you guys talked about?
Speaker 4: I mean, the last thing we talked about was trying to set up a second date.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, oh, maybe there's another woman that he's stuff goes.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, he's married, he's in a relationship, he's cheating.
Speaker 1: She got like a third degree burn, so she's way more attractive.
Speaker 2: As hot as I can get. Well, we'll see what happened. Let's play a song. We'll come back, We'll call Dennis for you. We'll try and get you a second date.
Speaker 1: Update Okay, okay, thank you all, hold on.
Speaker 4: Updates.
Speaker 2: I could just see Julie years from now, telling the story to her grandchildren about how she met Grandpa and she says, then he looked deep.
Speaker 7: Into my eyes, stroked my cheek and said I want to kiss you. And I replied, oh, no, and that's how love lasts forever.
Speaker 2: Because at the time, Julie's mouth was stuffed with gauze after she burned it on a build it yourself.
Speaker 3: Pizza, which makes the kiss sound so dry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in her defense, I think we've all ended up with weird stuff in our mouths at the end of a first date. So even though the night ended on a sweet note, Dennis has suddenly stopped responding and even took down his dating profile.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a successful they unless you don't have something weird in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good point, but not great signs at the end there, Julie, how you feeling?
Speaker 4: I mean, I just want to know what the heck is going on.
Speaker 3: I'd be mad.
Speaker 5: I'd be mad if I were you, just because you spent so much time talking to this guy.
Speaker 3: And it's his fault. He didn't even take the first bite, and he was being so sweet meeting you like down this road where it really felt like you were starting something. I'm pissed.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I would recommend not being mad at him when we get him on the phone, because that's probably not going to go well if you're just mad at a guy if you actually want to see him again.
Speaker 1: But that's Brook strategy.
Speaker 2: You can do whatever you want to do anyway, I'm gonna dill his number.
Speaker 1: Now, we'll see what he has to say.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I really hope this works out. I just feel like they don't make him like this anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you're right.
Speaker 2: There's not a lot of guys anymore who just carry gauze on themselves these days.
Speaker 1: But we'll see what he has to say. Here we go an ambulance.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Hello, he is this Dennis speaking.
Speaker 2: Hey Dennis, My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, or some people call it Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning on.
Speaker 1: Mornings from six to ten. Start your commute right with Brooke and Jeffrey. Jeffrey, Jeffrey Jeffrey. Have you heard of us before?
Speaker 6: Maybe not not really.
Speaker 5: If it was that that ring a bell for people, we have to I mean everything that we've been doing the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. He hasn't heard of us. So the marketing whatever we're doing right now is not working. Yeah, we're calling.
Speaker 2: Because we're doing a segment called a second date update and one of our listeners trying to get a hold of you after you guys went out together.
Speaker 1: Her name is Julie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Julie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say that so casually.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 6: Julie's great. I really liked Julie good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I guess we're a little bit confused because according to Julie, you guys haven't really been communicating lately, and you also removed your dating profile.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, to be honest, I have been on social media. I had to delete my profiles.
Speaker 1: And everything and all your profile.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well okay, so first, let me just say this, like we had a great time. I think Julie's great. There was nothing wrong or any problems to that. I guess it's kind of just in opportune timing.
Speaker 3: Why because you're like married or something.
Speaker 6: No, that would be really creepy.
Speaker 1: Went to the worst case scenario.
Speaker 3: It just seems so weird.
Speaker 5: Like she told us that you guys have been talking for three or four weeks, you finally meet up, you have this amazing date. According to her, I mean maybe you felt differently, but it sounded great. And then you talk for a minute and then you just dropped off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I can understand that, and there's fact to that, there's truth to that. It's I've just I don't know. I'm gonna I'm in a spot right here, so let me explain what's going on and we can go from there.
Speaker 1: Sure, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: So, unbeknownst to me, a friend of mine he kind of signed me up for this popular Netflix dating show.
Speaker 5: You probably can't talk about it because whenever you do those, you have to do like an NDA so that you don't spill the secrets before you do it.
Speaker 2: So death.
Speaker 3: Is Wait, have you been selected? Have you gone through the casting process?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's kind of what I'm getting to. So apparently they've had a lot of people that are signing up for this and they're looking to pick twelve and right now I'm in the top twenty. Oh wow, according to them. And I've talked to the producers and everything, and I've even submitted my deposit for it.
Speaker 3: And wait, deposit, I thought you they paid you to do these things.
Speaker 6: So I guess how it works is you get your deposit back in the end, because you know, they need photo and video of you and everything, so you pay people to come out and do interviews?
Speaker 3: Do you pay them?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Are you this is like a public show or some random person ask you to do this?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean my friends applied, you know, they they I don't know. I've never done this before. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think everybody in this room right here, like, we're a little concerned. You're gettings sc yeah.
Speaker 1: Because when you work with sag and stuff, they don't work. Like like, do you know where your friend found this show? Like where he came across this opportunity?
Speaker 6: I mean, she said, Craigslift.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, yeah, I don't know. Is Netflix advertising on craiglist?
Speaker 3: Dennis?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 3: How much money have you given these people?
Speaker 6: I mean the initial to podular fifteen hundred, fifteen.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars for pictures. You better be flying in Tahiti for those pictures.
Speaker 3: Wait have you taken pictures?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Not yet?
Speaker 1: Before the pictures?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah, I was jealous and that's not how it works, my friend.
Speaker 6: Believe me, this is real. I mean I've talked to producers over zoom. I saw them. They gave me the rundown of you know, how this whole thing works and so I'm kind of dealing with this right now, and it's kind of a lot and we have NDAs you're not supposed to say anything or you know, even in terms of being online for dating websites and stuff. You know, we had to get off of the which is why I deleted all my profiles and everything. And Julie and I had a wonderful time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I've been wanting to reach out to her. I just don't know if that's okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the good news is you don't have to think about how to do it anymore, because, Dennis, I got to tell you, Julie's been on the other line listening this entire time.
Speaker 6: I didn't I didn't know Julia was on the phone, yeah, Julie.
Speaker 4: Oh hi, Dennis.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm sorry about not reaching out to you. I've just I've been kind of confused as to what to do. And the reason why I did it is I feel like this could be a huge opportunity for me in my career.
Speaker 4: Dennis, I'm gonna be honest with you, but like you didn't handle any aspect of this well, it kind of sounds like you're being an idiot about it.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's it's not really nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Dennis, which part of it seems skeptical to you, Julie?
Speaker 3: Which part doesn't?
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe the part where he gave fifteen hundred dollars to a random person on Cranklin.
Speaker 1: Are you telling me that's not a normal thing.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest with you. I mean, I I can hear the tone in your voice, and I think it's gonna be a lot funnier when I'm on Netflix and y'all are watching me on TV.
Speaker 4: About people who got scammed that it might not be the network show you were thinking.
Speaker 3: Dennis.
Speaker 5: We're not trying to, like, you know, poop on your career round or your dreams like we like that, we want you to dream big.
Speaker 3: We just want you to not get taken.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, you're ruining chemistry with a really good chick.
Speaker 3: Absolutely true.
Speaker 1: I know Julie has been saying great things about you this entire time.
Speaker 6: Man, Well, thank you. I mean I feel the same about her. I just feel this is a great opportunity for me right now. And if it is the case, and it's either I don't get picked or something happens with the show and then yeah, I would love to go out with her.
Speaker 1: I forgot to mention it, but this is the point of the segment. I need to get your credit card because it costs fifteen hundred dollars to do with second date.
Speaker 6: Not a lot of people know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the things are going right now, would you mind throwing me an extra fifteen hundred dollars because.
Speaker 3: I mean, she got you on a radio reality dating show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: You know, you sound like a bunch of comedians.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. That's a very nice thing of you to say.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's a compliment coming from because we comedians.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking at all when I say I would really like to send the two of you out on another date, and we will pay for it if you're interested.
Speaker 6: What do you say, Dennis, I mean, yeah, I would really like that. Again, I have to see about protocol for it.
Speaker 3: But I mean you're going to vet us?
Speaker 6: Is that what?
Speaker 1: He doesn't believe that we're.
Speaker 7: Legit if he doesn't know if he's allowed to go on a date with her show of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they're going to be answering you any times.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, If that's the case, then yeah, I would love for you to say for us to go out here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Julie, it's a conditional yes based on what the producers say.
Speaker 1: What's it for you?
Speaker 4: I mean, if he's going to wait around for the Craigslist guy to give him permission to take me on a second date, then it's not really worse my time.
Speaker 6: He's not just a Craiglist guy. He's a producer that's on Craiglist sold me.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: They say, when you're dating, it's important to find somebody that has a good financial sense, right, Yeah, exact, I did it. It might have been a little bit off, but at least she found a guy who's investing in himself. Well, okay, maybe he's might be investing in some guy named Gary Off, but he's an investor of some sort.
Speaker 3: I would say he's trustworthy. Would be an admirable trait.
Speaker 1: To a faulty Definitely not, but we are.
Speaker 2: You could just tell in Julie's voice that it couldn't have been a bigger turn off that he was giving money to some guy off craigs is hoping to become famous.
Speaker 5: Oh god, and he just really thinks it's gonna be his career jump off, Like no matter what we said, he wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I could hear in his head like it didn't click yet. You know, he hasn't had that moment of like, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: I think that moment's gonna come for him. How much money do you think it's going to take before it happened.
Speaker 2: I would like to think though, that we're going to log onto Netflix here in the next year and we're all gonna say, oh, we were wrong.
Speaker 3: That'd be some really sketchy business by Netflix.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's squid Game for dating. I watched that show No Wonder Money. Remember, if you ever want to get a second date update, email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 3: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning