Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? My people? This is Robin Dixon. Robin Dixon in the house.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa?
Speaker 1: Okay, is that gonna be our new music?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What is that? Yes? Thank you for being here with us.
Speaker 2: Yes again, once again, we so appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Shaz We love hearing from you telling us you know how you enjoy listening to the podcast and your feedback. You're reasonably shady scenarios.
Speaker 2: Yeah, questions and just because the title of this of this podcast is reasonably shady, does not mean you can be shady to us, like let us do that, okay, Pepa, okay, not being so shady?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yes, like the girl. We didn't talk about this. We briefly talked about the podcast festival, but the shady asked question that the girl.
Speaker 2: As child, she was ready, she was ready.
Speaker 1: I picked on her, she was It was my fault, so it was we were rapping up at the end. Yes, we had run out of.
Speaker 2: Time at the Black Effect Podcast Festival. In Atlanta. If there's another one gets tickets going.
Speaker 1: Yes. I we ran at the time, we were doing to ask Us Anything segments and we were asking people in the audience, you know, to you know, they can ask us anything, ask us anything, and we ran out of time and the people were still oh, oh, pick me.
Speaker 2: They was jumping up and down raising a hand, pick me. And so I picked a couple more and saw this girl. She was just she had a burning question. It was burning, burning, and I pointed at her. I said, okay, give you know, give it a mic, Give it a mic.
Speaker 1: I don't know why Robin did that. What you gotta say? She didn't go a howl about ribbing? What do you think about the pictures of vomiteds mistress in the launcher mat I just put my head down.
Speaker 2: I said, oh shit, this is how we're gonna end this podcast in this room with three thousand people. I said, shit, why anyway?
Speaker 1: So I answered a question and at this point you're gonna have to tune in to something to find out that No, okay, they're gonna give us clips so that we can potentially put it on our sites.
Speaker 2: But guess what we're not putting that part on done.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, Lizzen, y'all, I don't care. You can keep making up shit. I don't care. All right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we have a what's your reasonable shady moment of the week? Can I get mine? Because it's kind of like from a couple weeks ago and I forgot but I'm meant to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So while we were in Atlanta for that festival Black Effect shout out to Dolly and Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: Woop woop.
Speaker 2: There's a hotel that we stayed in. Oh yeah, which, by the way, Black Effect recommended this hotel. I'm not going to give the name of the hotel, but they were recommended this hotel that we stay.
Speaker 1: Because it was like nine minutes ten minutes from the venue. Yeah, maybe that's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, because I have my Atlanta hotels that I like. Yeah, but I decided to veer off of what I like to stay where they asked us to stay.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, And I stayed there too, and we stayed there. We want to stay in the same hotel because we were getting our makeup done by the same person, right of course.
Speaker 2: So I walk into the room and I put my bags down. I have been traveling all morning, put my bags down, and I jumped to no, no, I was actually this was like towards the evening, put my bags down, went into the bathroom and realized there's no saint in the backpack. The sink to wash your hands after you pee in the toilet is outside take a dump or or that is on the outside of the bathroom, yes, by the bed, by the bed. Yeah, so it's not connected to the bad This was the craziest setup I've ever seen in my life. It was stupid, It was shady. It was actually shady.
Speaker 1: It was idiotic.
Speaker 2: Why is the sink not in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Right? I need the rationale for that? What is this? Maybe? Okay?
Speaker 2: And no mirror in the bathroom. The mirror was by the sink on the on the outside, right yeah right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So the shower and the toilet are in one room with a door that you open and close, and then you have to walk out and then walk around towards the bed to wash your hands. And so for me, that's disgusting. It's problematic because now I'm thinking about all the people. First of all, when I come into a hotel room, we instantly pulled a LFE house spray out and we break everything down. Okay, so you know, I'm spraying all the handles, the doors, the toilet and stuff, and excuse me, I still have a cloth. And but when you think about it, okay, think about the people who were in that bathroom and they did their number two and they're not as cleanly as you or me, okay, and they they wipe their you know, booty thang with their hand, and they used that same hand to open the door and close the door because there's no no sink right there, right, And then they like walk out and they're like, oh shit, oh that's my favorite song, that's my favorite TV show. Let me turn the TV up. And they grabbed the remote with their duty hands, right and they grabbed the remte and they turned TV up, the volume up. All that's going and then they're like, oh, I want to order room service. Let me pick up the phone. And then they're like, oh shit, let me go wash my hands. You know what I'm saying, Like, right, that is just disgusting, Like you literally, I didn't think. I didn't think of that. All my brain goes that.
Speaker 2: My brain did not go there right, but it's still like who designed this? Who I designed this? And then who thought this was Okay?
Speaker 1: So think about my life in that hotel because Wan traveled with us, yes, or with me and he that morning we didn't have to be Our call time for the show wasn't until like one thirty, right, and you know we were going to start hair and makeup. I probably wasn't going to start hair and makeup until what ten thirty. I think the makeup artists got to me, right, Okay, Okay. He had to leave the room at seven thirty am because he was going traveling thirty minutes out somewhere to watch a bunch of high school basketball games, So that means he woke up at six thirty ish. Think about me at that bed and I'm trying to sleep and he's brushing his teeth at the scene right next to the bed when within arm reach and the sink is loud, like the water was loud coming out, saying, I mean it was just a nightmare. This was the kicker for me.
Speaker 2: That's the room that I got. Was that the room that I reserved. So when I got there, they were like, oh yeah, we ran out of their rooms that you reserved, wow, because it was a much larger room. And I said, how does that even work? If you reserve it? It's yours, right, people, I kind of feel like I do want to give their name, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: Let's not give their name.
Speaker 2: That's my reason that hotel. Oh yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree. And for me my procrastinating as when I went to book the book the hotel, that's all that was left with those rooms. Okay, so yeah, any who, yeah, that was It's so crazy. It's like now when I'm looking for hotels, I need to ask, is the sink in the bathroom? Now?
Speaker 2: You don't because we will not reserve. This was a non trusted hotel. Okay, we won't do that again.
Speaker 1: Well, we trusted it because it was recommended.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I have some trusty hotels in Atlanta. I just have stayed where I noticed day Yeah, yes, okay, So is that your reason to be shady moment as well?
Speaker 1: No? So my reasonably shady moment is it is now May close May yeah? Yeah, okay, So you know, unfortunately mostly you know, one was relieved of his job around March. I don't know, it's like seventeenth ish okay, the middle of March.
Speaker 2: Right, oh wow, okay, so it's been a minute. Time flies when you're having fun.
Speaker 1: It was in March because it was before we went to the Bahamas, and it was yeah, it was like towards the March. It was before my birthday, going by fast. Yeah, so wait a minute before you birth That means no gift. Did you not get a gift this year? The gift was not gifted? Yeah, the birthday was a little sad. Was no gift for the gift? Sad? Oopsie's next year. We have next year. So okay. So you know, he had to clean out all of his stuff, like his office. He had had a bunch of stuff from like the locker room that was like, you know, just stuff that he had purchased that belonged to him. Like so he he in, you know, towards the end of March, comes home and brings home all this stuff of a mini refrigerator, a microwave, a whole bunch of just bends plastic of stuff. Okay, and he puts it in the garage. Oh I park No, that's why you don't park in the garage. I'm still not parking in the garage. Oh no, and I am I'm like.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that is a now that will cause a divorce, yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I'm literally like, okay, I gave you your time. Yes, but it's over thirty days. It's like a month and a half now, yes, And I am still not parking in the garage.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's got stuff.
Speaker 1: Now you can.
Speaker 2: You can leave your socks and your underwear all over the place, but you will move that ship so I can park my car in the garage.
Speaker 1: And it's getting to the point and he'll every day it's like, oh, I'm gonna get to it today, I'm gonna get to it to day. I'm gonna get to it today and then magically it doesn't happen. It's getting to the point where I'm gonna move the ships. Yes, and I'm gonna be faking angry why I move it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be what you need to just call one a hundred jump or whatever and just have the ship thrown away.
Speaker 1: That's what I would do. That's what you say I would do. It would be going right, Okay, God, I am like so annoyed. Yeah, no, that's it.
Speaker 2: No, But now where does he park his car.
Speaker 1: Well, he's always parked his car outside the house, like we only like our cars are our garages are two car garage. We only have room for one, you know, other ship in there and stuff. And he's always understood he parks his car outside, you know, as the gentleman should, as he should. Yes, but I am through parking my car outside. Yes, I have to bear the elements. Gotta face the elements. I got it. You know it's I gotta take the kids to school in the morning. Hold the polling my car like a taxi cab. Like it's crazy. Draw up your divorce face.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all I got to say about that, because this is horrible, right, this is probably the worst thing that wine that you've told me that wine has ever donen. Okay, for the record, use this is who now I'm angry this stuff.
Speaker 1: You should see my garage.
Speaker 2: Oh my I can't. I saw your car out of your garage. I was wondering why why now we know? Yes, Okay, something else that frightens me outside of the ship that's in your garage is scientists have discovered Robin And I know y'all think I make stuff up. I'm not making this up.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I just start really get your fact checking fingers ready.
Speaker 2: That there's a plastic eating fun guy that can break down plastic. Okay, so this is terrify. When I read this, I got terrified. Okay, it's terrifying to me that there's a bacteria out there that can destroy plastic. Uh huh do that plastic last forever? But that sounds like a good thing, though, Why would that be a good thing?
Speaker 1: Like the plastic that all of our plastic bottles that we you know, throw away and stuff like what I mean, what else does it say? That's all it says.
Speaker 2: Now listen, it bothered me because it's like plastic you feel like lasts forever. M Oh, maybe this is a good thing. It could break.
Speaker 1: Down right, the waste, the plastic waste that way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, so in that way, nobody will bother me about me using plastic water bottles.
Speaker 1: Or oh this is a good thing.
Speaker 2: I'm not terrified anymore.
Speaker 3: Today, only a small fraction of plastic waste can be biologically degraded by microbes. Researchers are looking for more heat tolerant plastivores in the planet's most hostile environments and engineering better plastiforous enzymes in the lab. But we can't rely solely on these tiny helpers to clean up our enormous man.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what about bbls, bbls, the plastic that's in these girls booties? Those are things they should be concerned.
Speaker 1: They should and book jobs they should be Okay, Well, it might be because you know there are there are what toxic people at book jobs have had some sort of toxic response to this because some of them, yeah, some of them, not all of them, right, but that could be a thing.
Speaker 2: That could be a thing. Yeah, I'm highly concerned.
Speaker 1: Let me cancel my BBL appointment.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was trying to figure out when you were getting that done, and now it's off the table because there's a fun guy out of it here.
Speaker 1: Yep, not plastic. I just changed my mind. But okay, but.
Speaker 2: If it if it eats plastic and destroys it, how does it destroy it?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. M it just makes it like decenter grade it might.
Speaker 2: It decomposes it. See I did not make this up.
Speaker 1: This was an action.
Speaker 2: She looked this up, curly, Yes, Carllige just looked it up, and she she concurs. Our fact checker concurs that I did not make this up.
Speaker 1: Okay, so are they? It's an experiment. Oh so this is being contained in the lab. They haven't released it yet, right, okay, so are they going to release it? And then should we worry that, like.
Speaker 2: The BBL ladies should worry Okay, they should be on notice that there might be a fun guy to chew up your booty.
Speaker 1: Okay, well notice, But should we worry that, like our plastic bends that we store stuff at home and is going to be is gonna decompose It's created it with the intention of breaking down the plastic waste.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that, Gazelle can continue to use them, yes, but I do save the world in other ways.
Speaker 1: How I try to take shorter showers? Really? Yeah? Okay? How long are your showers?
Speaker 2: Probably I don't know what's what's a regular shower fifteen minutes?
Speaker 1: Ten? It depends on what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Oh true, if it's hair hair hair doesn't just take hair out, it's a regular, regular.
Speaker 1: Shower nothing, no shaving, noh pooing, and just.
Speaker 2: A regular shower ten minutes. Okay, A mine might be five boom saved all that water. I say, five minutes of water.
Speaker 1: Boom, Okay, how you like? Honestly, I've been around you, you know when we take trips and stuff. I think you take two minute showers. Two minutes, yes, because you'll be like in and out.
Speaker 2: I'm like dance listen, I watch all the parts, face, all the way down, everything gets washed. Yes, like an average two to three minutes is an average shower.
Speaker 1: Two to three minutes.
Speaker 2: Two to three minutes is an average shower. Do you tell us? I want people to write in and tell us how time. Then I want people to time them yourself in the shower, regular shower. Do not cheat guys, and tell us how long your shower is.
Speaker 1: I think I'm a ten minute shower.
Speaker 2: I think this is what I don't like when guys brush their freaking teeth in the shower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay, that's a basket. I think Swan does that.
Speaker 2: It's I think because there was a couple of the basketball players I dated and they did that shit too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wand doesn't We didn't do it all the time. And I'm literally like, dude, you're not saving time by doing this because you're you're in the shower and you're still like they think they're like multitask, yeah, and I'm like, no, you're in the shower. You're just standing there brushing your teeth. It's not like you're like brushing your teeth and washing your ass. Toothpaste should not be in the shower, right, I mean no, yes, I just think it's just pointless. It's like, just stand by the sink, yeah, brush teeth, get in the shower.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like, don't be in air either. Okay, moving on, we know you do that, Robbin and I'm John Daddy.
Speaker 1: You did it yesterday. Yes, I had to be really bad. Okay.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about my forever first lady, Michelle Obama. Okay, because she was named the most admired woman in the world for the third consecutive wow by.
Speaker 1: Who or where?
Speaker 2: Okay, bye, bye me damn it, No, listen, I concur I do too. And she now has like a new book, I believe, or a new something that's she's.
Speaker 1: Going on this promoting something.
Speaker 2: She's promote something with Oprah. And I'm here from Micham.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first thing I say in that book to young people reading it, it takes a lifetime to find your voice. We really have to focus on what we can control.
Speaker 1: Start with the things that is small. Control what you can I think. At one point, though, Oprah was one of the most admired women in the world, so she passed it off to her girlfriend.
Speaker 2: And you can tell, now what I love is like when they do their things, like when they have their I don't know, it's not a concert, but when they have their like their talks. You can tell, like their friends, which I really like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think you'll ever become one of the most admired women in the world?
Speaker 2: I am now. Y'all just don't want to give me my roses, my flowers, my tulip y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't want to give it to me. What number on the list? Listen, there's Michelle Obama. She got it. We want to give it. Continue to give her. I'll be top five, top five.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, fine, fine, one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's pretty high up there. One hundred and twenty five. A lot of people in this world. Oh true, dad, I forgot about that. I mean, like, you got Kamala Harris, you got Nancy Pelosi.
Speaker 2: No, this is black woman. Oh no, it's just a woman.
Speaker 1: It's just woman.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, Who's Who's second? Oprah Kama love a second? Okay second, Well.
Speaker 1: Listen, we're gonna we're gonna have Michelle rock this out for a while. Yeah, she can. She can have ten years in a row. That's but you know what, honestly, like, that's a hard title to carry for real, Like she has to be on her p's and q's. She I mean, so she is someone who probably cares. I don't know that she cares. Yeah, she cares about other people's opinions because I am sure I believe she's being herself. But I'm sure there are elements to her life and her personality that she doesn't feel that she can.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it was already tested with Donald and Millennia. I remember when they came and it was changed on the guards. You know, Michelle wanted to cuss them out, right, Michelle was.
Speaker 1: Like right, or she just didn't want to be gracious and didn't want to be there. But she was very gracious. She was very you know, just classy.
Speaker 2: Right. If I was Michelle, I'd be like, so we're going from me to you and you were naked in the magazine. We're going from me to you and you hate Christmas? Right, We're going from me to you and you don't have sex with your husband and I do so Like, there was so many things she could have said.
Speaker 1: True, and she didn't. She just kept it classy, kept it classy.
Speaker 2: And she did say the other day because you know, we joke about her saying when she goes high, when they go low, you go high. Yeah, she said, you can go high, but just think about the low.
Speaker 1: Don't let the load come out your out. Okay, Okay, I gotta remind myself that kicking a loa.
Speaker 2: Let's get to Tyree's really quickly, okay, because he's AnGR to me a bit.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The judge had to tell him now because he didn't come up with this on his own. The judge had to tell him to pay your ex wife six hundred and thirty six thousand dollars in child support in legal fees. Now, why did judge have to tell Tyrese that? Why couldn't you come up with that on your own?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 2: Why did you have to put your wife, your ex wife through this?
Speaker 1: Right? And how long has this been going on a minute?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been going on for a good minute because he's been with the other of the new girl, Right, they had been broken up four times, so I had together, like he's been with her for a minute.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm getting confused, and I'm mixing Tyree's up with Neo. Right, Tyrese is the fast in the furious Yeah, yeah, no, I know what he Yeah, I can picture, and I'm mix mixing their scenarios up. Yeah, because Neo, you know, divorce, got back together, blah blah blah, all that type of stuff. Okay, So tyres has been ordered to pay six hundred and thirty six thousand dollars and that's that's just like a lump sum. I guess.
Speaker 2: Well, it's divided by backpay, is divided in child support, and then legal fees.
Speaker 1: It's divided. Yeah, I don't understand why they like someone like Tyrese, who we know has made a ton of money. Gazillion. Yeah, Like why do they fight? Why do they fight that?
Speaker 2: Just first of all, let's talk about the child support part of it. This is for your child, right or children? I think they have too maybe, but you know, I.
Speaker 1: Think a lot of men think that that money is not going towards the child's benefit, and so they try to prove, you know, why they don't need that money. I don't.
Speaker 2: I did meet his ex wife. She's very beautiful, by the way. I don't know her by no means. However, she doesn't seem like the woman that is going to the mall shopping till she drops. She doesn't look like Gucci Louis Prada. She seems like she's going to be taking the money and using it for her right now, that is a huge assumption, but I'm running with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so yeah, but I mean, I'm pretty sure that that's what goes through their heads. That's what the lawyers are probably fighting for. I don't know, I mean, but still like, you should never let it get to that point. No, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: No, okay, And this is in Dion Sanders news. I am highly impressed. But I was on the Instagram again. Okay, and this is not I pray to God. This is not like somebody has put a side by side together of pictures and it's a lie. Okay. So they showed the stands the football stand Oh yeah. Before Dion got to be the head coach of the University of Colorado to now yeah, okay, so it was like it was like twenty twenty two, which was last year. I can count the number of people in this picture that were in and it was maybe forty five. Okay, So now in twenty twenty three, there is not room in the end, right, packed and sought out package insane.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: If whatever his contract is, he needs to go back and renegotiate, Dion, I'm here for you.
Speaker 1: Get your money, sir. Now do we know how the team performed? Oh no, it's a spring game, so I think that's that. That's like a scrimmage a month between them. So the people just wanted to be in the building with Dion. Yes, however, that's great and everything. Imagine the pressure now, oh yeah, pressures on the expectations, yes, that that are on him to have a successful program. And they went from like maybe I don't know if it's like an O and twelve team, like a very the record before it was like probably one and twelve something really bad, and these people are going to expect a great season, right oh yeah, oh yeah, So he's got to manage that. He's got to manage the pressure of the expectations. He also I heard has a lot of players, like a lot of Colorado players from you know, last year, the year before, who are now being told that they should transfer because I guess he's telling them they're not going to play because he's recruiting.
Speaker 2: Other players and always getting out the old yeah and with the new yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think that's causing that's ruffling a little bit of feathers on probably yeah, those players and their parents and the you know, these kids are student athletes who are depending on their scholarship and now you're coming in and saying nope, all y'all got to go. But that's the name of the game. It's like it's reevaluate you, and they see that you aren't in their mind, talented enough to play. I think the respectful thing. I think what he's doing is trying to give those kids an opportunity to go somewhere else to play, right, because he's pretty much telling them like, look, you ain't gonna play, You're not going to play.
Speaker 4: This is a total commitment effort of unification to win.
Speaker 1: It's not just us on the field.
Speaker 4: Everybody in this darned building got to understand that we're winners. Change has to be provoked and that's why we're here. But we're trying to check every durned box. If it was great, I wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's pressure.
Speaker 1: It's all eyes on him, and I feel.
Speaker 2: Like, listen, whether they win or lose, just the money that he's generating right now is worth contract negotiating.
Speaker 1: The money, the attention and the excitement. Yes, I see he still got the cameras.
Speaker 2: Following him everywhere where every where. That's yeah, okay, speaking of I don't believe anything you say news Kylie Jenner. Can we get into Kylie Jenner really quickly? Because she decided to say that. I mean, people think I had all this plastic surgery, but I like didn't. I mean, okay, fine, I got my lips done.
Speaker 1: But that's it. I mean, what are we surprised? You know who her family is?
Speaker 2: Okay, but like, if there's a side by side that drastically different, why are you gonna lie about it?
Speaker 1: But but the thing is, I think it's like semantics because I think she's trying to say what she did is not plastic surgery. Oh, it's just an a lot of fillers. But I think when you look at her, you can see there's been some sort of browlift, but I guess that can I don't see, I don't I don't know how it works. She's like a totally different person. She looks like a totally different person.
Speaker 2: And I'm not mad at it, do you boob, but just about it.
Speaker 1: But also like, yeah, share your secrets, you know what I'm saying, because what if somebody else It's like I want to do that to myself too? What did you do? And what did you? Should I get a brow lift? Should I get a jaw lift or should I, you know, a jaw left? What is that? I don't know. I don't know either, but you know what I'm saying. Let's just be honest. Should I work what should I work on?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: And if your whole, if your family, if the business of the family.
Speaker 1: Is we're she needs to down the list. There's that.
Speaker 2: But if the business of the families kind of like, look at me, beauty, we look beautiful, then just say it exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, because you didn't. Yeah, it's like old is so when Kylie when she was like she was like a teenager, she.
Speaker 2: Looks pretty by the way, I mean, no, sh you look beautiful.
Speaker 1: I just know that if you looked at a picture of me as a teenager, and then if you looked at a picture of me as a as a I don't know, twenty five, twenty six year old, you're not going to be like, damn, what kind of work did have done? No? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, But now that's what we say.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm like, God, damn, but I'm saying when you look at Kylie Jenner, it's like, wow, what does she do? What is different here? And it's just so it's just absurd just for them just not to just be like, just be honest this, I do this. I do this. Yeah, y'all look great. I just said I do this, and it cost this amount of money, right, you know, just to keep the expectations realistic and all of that.
Speaker 2: So it's weird. Okay, now this is what I didn't know. Okay, So Red Table Talk got canceled. I thought I thought that that show was like on their own, meaning like Jada was like, I put a red table in my in my living room, y'all sit down, we're gonna tape it, and we're gonna throw it on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was a Facebook deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So I was like, how could they get canceled?
Speaker 1: Canceled?
Speaker 2: This is if they can, Yeah, but apparently it's not right.
Speaker 1: So it was like a Facebook initiative, I guess, or it So this is this Facebook or YouTube versus Facebook because so it was called Facebook Watch, I believe.
Speaker 2: And so they clearly had a contract with Facebook, which makes sense because well because I mean, obviously Facebook wanted a piece of a pie. Yeah. But yeah, so because I was I was like kind of like gonna call our show Purple Table Talk.
Speaker 1: We were going to do it, but I guess we can't. We can't. You can't just like pick it up and PLoP it. I guess. Think about it, like Facebook is a platform with how many users? Undred hundreds of millions of users and stuff, and so Facebook probably put a lot behind promoting it and pushing it out to their users. And you know, you're if you're scrolling on Facebook, all of a sudden, red Table Talk pops up because Facebook is pushing it. So and apparently they canceled all of their programming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder why.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they're making money. But are they making They're like cutting staff crazy like they're making They're making a lot of changes, okay, a lot of changes, a lot of cuts, yeah to staff.
Speaker 2: I oh they fired twenty thousand people.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, oh wow. Yeah, that's so. I think think they're feeling, you know, the need to just scale back. Okay, I don't know. And maybe whatever, maybe whatever they put into this original programming wasn't translating because for me, it's like, I don't think of going to Facebook to watch well, I don't open Facebook to be honest, but I don't think of Facebook to go to watch anything. I think it's the I think it might be hard for them to compete with YouTube. Yeah, of course all the streaming services, the netflixes, the Hulu and the Peacock all of that. So yeah, I think it was just too much Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: Okay, but Jada can take her red table and just do it from Livero and just put up the rain light.
Speaker 1: Right and then okay, and then what and then put it on YouTube and then okay, and then just get the money from YouTube, like the from the downloads.
Speaker 2: Okay, she don't need the money just going and put out the content.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't it. I mean, shure, don't they need the money? But I feel like most people, they're not going to do shit for free? True, do you know what I mean? True?
Speaker 2: So okay, now this is this is the last thing.
Speaker 1: This is some ridiculous news. Okay. So Stevie J.
Speaker 2: You know, I like me some Stevie J just because he's entertaining me.
Speaker 1: He's comedy. Yes, stee J used to be.
Speaker 2: He's one of the hit boys or whatever. He's a producer and he was on love and hip Hop.
Speaker 1: And he married Faith Evans.
Speaker 2: Now they're getting a divorce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a messy one at that, right, A.
Speaker 2: MESSI wantedt that. So now that they're in the process of getting a divorce, he was over the house, she fell asleep. He took the keys to her car, and he went. She thought, to Coachella. He said he didn't go to Coachella. He said, if he was going to Coachella, he would have got a jet. Damn it.
Speaker 1: If you go get a jet to go to Coachella.
Speaker 2: Why couldn't you get a jet to go to the grocery store wherever you were going?
Speaker 1: But you can't take her car from So they live was this in California? I think so? Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah she said she I think she reported the car stolen. She was like, he'd bring back them keys. And see, it's not a girl you to around with. In my mind, like I will never fall with fate, no, because I feel like if she says she's gonna knock you out, she's gonna knock you out right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not the girl to play. It probably doesn't take much to set her off. Now.
Speaker 2: So you and if you're going through divorce, yeah, why are you causing trouble?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Just mind your p's and cues.
Speaker 1: That's because they that sounds like some toxic mess, right, Like why is he even there? Why is he even have the.
Speaker 2: It might have been, but it might have been he might have been he might have been coming home to like slide in it.
Speaker 1: Really why doesn't he have a car? Why does he have his own up? Many whys? But do you think he.
Speaker 2: Came to you know, be romantical for a minute, and.
Speaker 1: She really, yeah, he's probably not trying to let go or probably yes, that's me. That's a whole mass, you say, STEVIEJ. And I'm just think mess, Okay, Rob automatically was like, oh Lord, what is it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What now? All right?
Speaker 2: So we want to hold on. We have a couple of emails to read, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I need to read this email because I messed up, y'all. I gotta clarify something. So I read an email a few weeks ago. It was a question about someone who was dating a married man, and you know, the man would said he would break up with the wife and doesn't or something. Oh and the wife doesn't want him to leave, and blah blah blah, all this stuff. What to do? And because of the person's name, I assumed it was a man, okay.
Speaker 2: And I asked for clarity, right, I.
Speaker 1: Asked for clarity. The name is Brett. When I read that this was from Brett, I'm instantly assuming it was a man. So Brett emailed us, OMG, y'all turn my email into a whole soap opera of my leaf and my ass off. I was dying with laughter. I didn't want y'all to use my name, but y'all switched it up. Nobody's going to know it was me, so funny. First of all, I Brett am a female and the guy is nowhere nearbisexual, very very manly man lol. But something Gizelle said hit hard about karma. I believe in that and will take that advice to heart. What was what was the advice I gave? She was a chick on the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow. And then now there they've ended things.
Speaker 1: I think she's gonna take hopefully she says she's gonna take your advice.
Speaker 2: Okay, girl, let me tell you something about mine. I don't I can't remember what the advice I gave, but let me just say this. They have so many girlfriends that have I've given advice to over the years, and they always come back. They were like Gaseelle, the advices you gave was amazing. Now I don't remember what the hell I said, right, but they always give me credit for my advice.
Speaker 1: I give some good advice. Oh good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I might not take my own advice, but I give it and it's good.
Speaker 1: Right. So so Bressa, thanks for the advice. Signed Sneaky Links.
Speaker 2: Oh and Brett is a woman not a man.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right? Oh god, I hope I'm not putting you at your blast, but well, yeah, it's there's there are many female breads in this world that.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are a lady who is making my jewelry when I'm I thought she was a man because her name is Brent. Well, I didn't think she was a man, but I would think that, Yeah, her name is Brent, and it's a woman really yeah, like a woman that you would never look at and be like, your name's Brent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I would think she would always have to clarify that, like you know, people putting there, some people putting their e mail signature like she her whatever, like I would if my name was Brent, I would absolutely have to do that. Yes, yeah, even shit. Well, I think because I'm robbing with the why, it's clear to know that I'm a female. But I've never seen a male spelled Robin with the Y. But I have seen many of men name spelled Robin with the I. Okay, Robin Williams. My old trainer's name was Robin, So yeah, I would that issue too thick. Yeah, there you go. Okay, but I think the why makes it like you know, it's it's clear, it's clear.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here we go. Hi Robin and Gizelle and Carly. Carly, you got a shout out Carly loves her shoutout, guys, I hope you're all having a beautiful day. I'm writing about the reasonable or shady email you got about the friends splitting the twenty dollars wedding gifts.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So, by the way, did we talk about it on the podcast.
Speaker 1: The twenty dollars Wedding Gift? Yeah? Yeah. People have been dm and me like, that's so shady. Okay.
Speaker 2: So this is a follow up to that splitting the twenty dollars wedding gift, and it reminded me that of the shady behavior many of my friends at the time exhibited at my own wedding. I have roughly fifteen people out of one hundred and ten flat out not give a gift or even a card, including coworkers, one aunt, and several of my college in childhood friends.
Speaker 1: Lord, she putting them all, right, Okay, she put them. I'm not going to say your name is counting.
Speaker 2: Yes, she said it was shady af one hundred and fifty dollars per plate. That's what she paid for for the food, and you can't even write a card wishing us well.
Speaker 1: Shady.
Speaker 2: Ask for a question, do you think it is reasonable a shady for a couple not to send a thank you note for gifts they did receive. You guys said a thank you not if you received a gift, right, Yeah, yeah, that would be nice standard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, I sent my cousin's wife a bridal shower gift even though I didn't attend a shower, and then obviously gave the couple a very generous cash gift for the wedding which I did attend and never received any sort of acknowledgment or thank you. I also think that's shady, But I was wondering about your thoughts.
Speaker 1: What did we think? So we got multiple things? Okay, first of all, yes, is it shady for I reflect back on my own wedding. Four hundred people there, and I think because one was in the NBA, people thought that was a reason to not give us a gift. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because they were like, y'all have everything already, yes, and millions.
Speaker 1: I promise you out of those four hundred, we probably got gifts from like one hundred people.
Speaker 2: Oh but did you want really want for a hun gifts?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean we had a registry, so you know, people bought gifts from the registry and you know, or some people gave cash. But literally it was still it's still like just it doesn't matter who the people are unless they specifically say, you know, no, we don't want a gift. Yeah, yeah, I would. I need to go find you know, I keep a lot of stuff. I need to go find my old foul. Because you need to write everyone, put their name down, put what they wrote you so you could send them to thank you note. Yeah. Probably out of those four hundred people, we probably literally got gifts from like one hundred.
Speaker 2: And so a lot of his the people that were there were they his basketball friends.
Speaker 1: They also yeah, you know we didn't we No, we didn't invite like a lot of it's like teammates and stuff. I mean it was literally like my parents' friends is a really big family. So his family, we both went to Maryland to our Maryland friends. Definitely, I probably got more gifts from like my parents friends, yes, than like older people anybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So but if you if you're not even invited to like the shower, and you still send a gift, like that's for that's the gift that I'm going to remember.
Speaker 1: That's what that's I don't think she's saying she wasn't invited. Maybe she just couldn't go.
Speaker 2: She didn't go, right, Yeah, yeah, she was probably invited. But I mean, like, yeah, that's the gift I'm going to remember. Because the person wasn't even there and you still sent a gift. That's really nice, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So onto the second part of her question, like something etiquette and has gone out the window.
Speaker 2: Trash can. It is in the trash can, out the window.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you the last time I have received a thank you gift thank you note from someone for giving them a gift. Now, I don't really expect a thank you note for like a birthday gift, you know, if it's a friend's birthday whatver, like, you know, you give them a birthday gift. I don't really expect a note. But when they send them that's nice. It is. But like something for a bridal shower and a wedding or a baby shower. Yeah oh yes, like that shit should not be have gone out the window, but that has gone out of the window. I can't receive. I cannot remember the last thank you no I've received, neither have I but you know, and I made short and I'm sorry to cut you off. When we got married. The first time I made sure. I was like, I'm not letting this hang over my head because they say, oh, you have a year to send the thank you note. I'm like, no, no, I'm not letting this hang over my head. I'm sending these things out like right away. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying. I'm trying to think of the last thank you note that I've gotten.
Speaker 1: Do you remember you? Can you recall yours? It might have been from like, you know, like a cousin or something who may be graduated. Yeah, and I sent money to or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, mine was from Andy Cohen. Oh, he's say to thank you for I sent a gift for Lucy and I sent a gift for Ben.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And he's he wrote, hand wrote and put it in the mailbox.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's people put it in there, but like, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what you're supposed to do. Like, and I might be at fault.
Speaker 1: Have I thank people?
Speaker 2: Don't give me nothing? I'm of my no, I'll give me nothing. I mean, I know I know I have. I slipped a little bit, but on something like That's why I just feel like for sure.
Speaker 1: On like, you don't have to send a thank you note for Christmas gifts right now, but yes, but I think for you sending a gift to Andy for his baby, yeah, just similar to a that's like baby shower power gift. Yes, that's appropriate. Yeah, you guys, thank you for sure? For sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, So in this getting to know you, people are getting to know me and Robin so well. So that you collect.
Speaker 1: Anything that you collect, well, I talk about this before. I collect nail polish.
Speaker 2: You don't collect nail polish. That's not a collection of nail polish.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's see. No, all right, I collect nail polish. I really do so as far as like artifacts or items or things when it's like oh I gotta go get yeah something or something magnet, yeah, every yeah. No, you know what I think. I think I have been scarred from collector items because why because growing up, like my brother would collect baseball cards and comic books and they'd just be like oh really all over the place. And then my uncle collected dolls and that shit was creepy. What yeah what got dolls? Like I got you just picture of me and my brother holding this doll's like a ventriloquist doll, like any type of doll. Like he Okay, so my my uncle lives in Missouri, and whenever he would come visit, Uh huh, I feel like I was dragged to every thrift shop like to look for dolls. What are those things called flea market? This is a bad movie. Yeah, Like he and my mom would go to all these antique shops and he would just buy all these weird dolls. Why and then in his house he just has like walls and walls of.
Speaker 2: Doll that's a horror movie. That's a horror that we are and that's horrible.
Speaker 1: Some of them, like when I was young, were like life size. Oh god, no, literally felt like they were like the same size as me. Hell and then otherwords, yeah, that's a WTF What in the world?
Speaker 2: Who is your uncle? No, shade uncle, but this is weird.
Speaker 1: Uncle, Milton. I love you, but it's weird. And he still collects stuff and then he turned into like you know, then they would like sell the stuff on Ebays because other people collect dolls and collect all this stuff. Oh my god. So I was like scarred from that ship. Yes, me too. I don't want old nothing. I don't want nothing. I don't want I'm so I don't like junk, No, don't. I don't collect stuff. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I have a nice collection of nail polish. That's not a collection I used to collect. I think I've said this on the podcast before matches. So wherever I traveled, wherever I went, any restaurant or whatever, I would ask the people for matches. And I used to have like a trillion of them in this.
Speaker 1: Big, huge, beautiful vase. And then I threw them away really because it's just like what am I going to do?
Speaker 2: No, because Jamal Bryant when I got married, was like what is this and why don't we have all these matches?
Speaker 1: And this is weird? So I threw them away and I regret it to this Oh you do, Okay.
Speaker 2: I do, because it was like memories of like places that I have.
Speaker 1: You've been yeah, yeah, I almost started to start collecting like hotel keys, but now they're like.
Speaker 2: I don't know I have Okay, So this is actually a funny story. I think Jason does that a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say that. I don't know if he collects him or he just doesn't throw him away?
Speaker 2: So we Right, So we were at a hotel. He and so he went like went to go open the door before me and we couldn't get in, and I was like, what is happening? It was the wrong It was another hotel. It was like the last hotel where that we were at.
Speaker 1: But why is that in your wallet? That's weird? Hotel?
Speaker 2: Nobody everybody got down.
Speaker 1: Everybody calmed down. Hotel, But why do you? Why are you?
Speaker 2: Why do you have several different hotel keys in your wallet?
Speaker 1: That's weird? Right, Okay, yeah that is Jason. Yeah, but I did like when we like, for instance, like we went to Portugal and I got home and I was like, oh, I'm going to hold onto this hotel keep but.
Speaker 2: It was it was the plastic thing, right, yeah, what are you gonna do with that?
Speaker 1: I know? Then like two years later I throw it away? But yeah, but no do I I don't collect anything at this point. I accumulate junk. You're keeping junk? Yes, too many shoes? Too many? You know what I mean? Like, yeah, so no, I don't collect anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, so when this took this is probably a question that I haven't been I haven't even thought about when did you first feel like you were an adult?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I don't know. Adulting is hard, y'all. I think I'm you know what, I don't know either because it's weird.
Speaker 2: I think because you just wake up one day and you're like, shit, right, my back hurts, You're like shit my neck right? It was a wild night last night. Don't have a bounce back.
Speaker 1: I know, I do feel like, however, I do feel like an adult now versus like even when I was saying, you know, when why and I like lost all our money and like we were trying to like get things back on track, I didn't feel like an adult then. Yes, I didn't feel like an adult when why and I? I don't know, I've shared this before. Like one was when mom was like twenty four twenty three in the NBA. We let his younger brother and younger cousin, who were in high school at the time move in with us. Oh. Yeah, I didn't feel like an adult then. I'm like, really, like, why am I raising teenagers? You know what I'm saying. I'm like, I can't believe, but these teenagers are living in my house and like I'm responsible for them, although that was a very adult thing to do, Like, I didn't feel like an adult. So I'm like, I really don't know when the transition happened. I don't know either, but I do feel like one now.
Speaker 2: Oh I feel like an adult, I think. And even when I had Grace, I don't think I was like, oh, I'm an adult, no, because I just truth be told, Like her diaper was probably the first diaper I ever changed. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, so I clearly didn't feel adult.
Speaker 1: In that space. I don't know. Maybe maybe when my bank account started looking better. Maybe I think for me, it's just like I think when you just hit forty, you're just like, okay, I can't deny this shit. No, yeah, there's no turning back. I can't deny this shit anymore. I am old. I'm an adult. Like, so whatever my life circumstance is, whether I'm broke, rich, you know, in the middle, I'm an adult. I'm forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know you did you have a fortieth party?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah you did. No, we just went to dinner. I went so forty. I went to the Bahamas, yes, and then we just had like dinner like a little small dinner party, right, but I'm saying you you did something yet away?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yeah, adult but adulting is not.
Speaker 1: Not a game.
Speaker 2: But I would I prefer being adult, I think more so than like a teenager and a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I asked Carter recently. I was like, because I remember when I was a kid, I couldn't wait to, you know, be an adult drive and be owned to whatever. I said, Carter, do you want to be an adult? He was like no, like.
Speaker 2: Y'all made it too good for him, right, y'all got to put some stipulations on.
Speaker 1: It, like, oh no, because my girls.
Speaker 2: The girls really want to drive, because I think for them that's like doing something independent. So for me, I'm like, okay, I see that they want to be on their own, they want to do their own things. But yeah, they still enjoy my pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes absolutely. But I remember being teenage and I couldn't wait to make my own money because like I didn't I was tired of like asking my parents for money, right, and I think I like automatically received allowance and all that, but like I couldn't wait to like make my own money so I could like really just buy what I wanted to buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but and my girls are like that too. But then they realized, like so if it's something, it's expensive. Yeah, they're like, oh, can we send you a link?
Speaker 1: Right? If a kid ever says can I send you a link? Don't open it? You know you're an adult. Okay.
Speaker 2: That's when, well, no, you gott to open it. But you're an adult when they say can I send you a link? Or when Grace is like, man, do you have any gas money? Gas money? I don't drop this car, and y'all work, they all have jobs, so yeah, no, Oh my gosh, I guess we are adults. Adults at this point. Okay, we got one more.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll ask you this. Yeah, what do you wish more people understand about you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Gosh, because clearly both of us are misunderstood. Okay, we had the most misunderstood women walk out.
Speaker 1: That's a devil. I'm actually it's so funny.
Speaker 2: And you get this all time too, and you probably get it more than me when you meet people and they're like, oh my god, you're so nice. Right, uh, what did you want me to do? Check out my axe? And like shop you like insane? Let me run you over with my car, right, Like, it's ridiculous. So, I mean, I would like for my people to understand that, like, on a daily basis, I'm very nice. I do not take myself seriously, right and yeah, and you know I'm just here to like live my life and raise my kids and have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny when what people say to me the most when they see me is oh my gosh, you're so pretty and person. Yes, there's so much prettier in person. And I'm like, I think I look like myself on on camera.
Speaker 2: No, camera's hard. TV is hard on all of us. Really, Yes, it's just I mean, yes, you you are prettier in person. The lighting on TV is the whole HD situation is whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the lighting is an issue and I'm not complaining, but no, I mean right, but I guess when I I mean, there's definitely sometimes when I see things and I'm like, oh, that's not a good picture or whatever. But I don't look at the screen and be like that doesn't look like me, right, But I guess I don't know how you want people to know that you're prettier in person. Is that.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking for clearing.
Speaker 1: When you said when people say to you yes when they meet you, and I'm like, no, what I hear most of the time when they meet me.
Speaker 2: Guys, Robin is prettier in person. And actually that is our episode We got to Shallow.
Speaker 1: That's what I want you to know. I'm not shallow, no, okay, And I am a goofball yes, and don't take myself seriously right, and don't ever forget to live your life either, reasonable as shady Right.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.