Speaker 1: Welcome to the Best of the Week for What's Right with Nick Right the best takes and moments from this week on the show. Enjoy Demonse Divisional Round weekend. We're gonna start with the first game of the weekend. Bill's Broncos. Let's get to.
Speaker 2: It, big stuff. So the Broncos ended the Bills season on Saturday, got Sean McDermott fired, so they obviously lost this game. Josh Allen had four turnovers. Do you think that the team built around him kind of failed Josh Allen? Or do you think that Josh Allen failed the Bills with his turnovers?
Speaker 1: Defending League MVP had four turnovers in a playoff game, including one of the most cartoonish fumbles in the history of the league. That happened. Okay, before I even get in that that is you don't have to be a die hard sports fan to understand. Oh, that's that's probably why they lost. Yeah, before I get to that piece of it, let me say this on the front end, sincerely, And I know Broncos fans aren't gonna want to hear this from me, and they might say I'm full of shit. Whatever, I can't remember a more gutting postseason injury than the one the Broncos suffered to have won the game. Be celebrating that you're going to the conference championship game at home, have beaten Josh Allen and have watched bow Nicks play one of in my opinion, best games of his life, and two separate times come through for you in just huge spots before the half to put the Bills on tilt, which it's ten to ten with thirty seconds left, and Josh Allen in the first half, Josh Allen has zero turnovers, the Bills are feeling fine. Bo Nix hits that deep bomb to the front corner of the end zone to put the Bills on their back foot, and then late in the game, down four drives them down, puts them ahead with a minute left. Like whatever skepticism I've had about your quarterback, he was nails on Saturday afternoon. However annoying I have found Sean Payton to be. He called a hell of a game, and you're celebrating, You're feeling great, you really think you can win the Super Bowl, and then you find out on a somewhat nothing play that no one even noticed your quarterback breaks his an broke his ankle and kneeds surgery. It's just a stomach punch of all stomach punches. And I do I legitimate again, Broncos fans, You're allowed to hate me. It's fine. I legitimately feel sick for you, guys, and I don't it obviously. It's in the same bucket as Haliburton Game seven and the one you kind of because he had been dealing with an injury, that kind of specter loomed. This was just so out of nowhere. I don't even know now. On the bright side, it shouldn't impact your next season at all, but this is who knows what next season's gonna be. So Broncos, I feel sick for you, sincerely, and you guys have proven me wrong all you and I just and bow. If Bo's gonna have a come back down to Earth moment, it ain't gonna be this season. Because he ended last season, or he ended that, he ended this season, pardon me. With probably the best game of his career, all things considered, and in my favorite football weekend of the year with Drake May and Matt Stafford and Josh Allen and c. J. Stroud and Sam Darnold, all those guys playing bo Knicks played the best game. It just is what it is. And I wonder why that version of commentary I just did about bow Knicks so many folks have trouble doing in the other direction. It's one thing to say this guy, this team that I have always been down on, or I have always doubted, he with his play proved me wrong. It does feel like people are have an easier time doing that leap than the opposite one, which is this guy, this team, this player that I have elevated beyond any realistic place that is justifiable. His play proved me wrong. And instead of being able to do that after Josh Allen's four turnover playoff game, folks are just going out making a fools of themselves. So I understand the Bills would not have been there without Josh Allen. No shit. That is that If the standard is standard for criticism is if a guy is the biggest reason a team got to a point, then criticizing his play it at that point is unfair. Then I guess we can never criticize any NBA superstar for a playoff performance ever, because every single NBA superstar is the reason their team gets to the postseason. And so then I guess if you're James harden It, you're just an asshole if you're like he cost his team because the thirty five IQ responses, well, would they have been there without him? No, they wouldn't have. So I guess it's all it's all reputational free rolls. It just doesn't And here this is. It is not demons, it's not complicated. The analysis of Bill's Broncos, it's really.
Speaker 2: Not Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen, go ahead, he pooped the bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he definitely. He messed up pretty badly. I mean it's uh, it's four turnovers. That's that's a lot. I was surprised when Germany got fired, to be honest, I mean, I know that is go ahead. No, I just know that this is their year, and you know, if they lost to the Broncos or if they just lost in this playoff front, it was gonna look bad. But in that instant and where it was four turnovers, I just felt like they might have let it ride a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh. But yeah, I thought so too. Maybe and we'll get to the McDermott piece. But guys, I'm listening and I DMed Bill about this Bill Barnwell. I'm listening to Barnwell this morning. Who you guys know, I have as much respect for his football opinions as anyone in the world. And I'm stunned because he's talking about how he thought McDermott screwed up by not really impressing upon Josh Allen when they got the ball back with twenty seconds left, that he can't do something dumb. And Bill said, and I quote, you have to be aware you have a lunaticket quarterback and it the agency removal from the soon to be thirty year old defending league MVP, like, well, we can't try to go get points here at the end of the half because the guy might run for no reason. By the way, the scramble was, even if he hadn't been sacked, the scramble was a dumb play. I'm sorry, even if he hadn't fumbled, because they had no timeouts, like you weren't gonna it was just a dead play the moment you don't throw the ball, but that guy might just hold the ball like a loaf of bread and lose the football. You just gotta know that. Okay. That so there's four turnovers right. The first one is right before the end of the half. It's the worst fumble of the NFL season. The second one is right after the half. It's a blind side hit him. You'd like him to hold onto the ball, but a lot of quarterbacks have problems holding onto the ball this weekend. You want to give him a slight pass on that, so be it. The third one is right after bo Nicks makes his only mistake. You go for a kill shot you don't need to, in a decent down and distance on the fringe of field goal range, and you throw a bad pass. The fourth one is the allegedly controversial interception. More on that in a minute. And in between the third and the fourth, you had two passes. One was easy, one was hard that would have won the game. You had Khalil Shakir on a wide receiver screen that I know he would have scored a touchdown on because he did score a touchdown on it. But then we saw you one hopped it to him. And then what would have been a tough pass to Dawson Knox in the waning seconds that you missed. Now is are is that asking a lot of the quarterback? Not really but is it certainly holding him to a highest standard shore. But the reason this is fair, and the reason some of the Josh Allen Media com and terry is so maddening, is because folks can't help themselves. But one up the hyperbole. It's no longer enough to say I think he might, even though he's never been to a Super Bowl. And even though three hundred and sixty days ago he for the fourth time in the playoffs shared a field with Patrick Mahomes and for the fourth time was outplayed and lost. Even though those that happened, I think he might be the best quarterback in the league. That's not enough. And even though two of his contemporaries have more league MVPs than him during his during this run in Patrick and Lamar, and those same two guys have more First Team All Pros than him in this run. And another one of his contemporaries has been to a Super Bowl and Burrow forget Patrick going to five and winning three, even though all those things are the case, calling him hands down the best player in the league, that's not enough either. And in the last cup few months, and this is not a straw man, and this is from not only people I like but one of them. My dearest friend and boss at the volume Coward call him the most talented player ever, ever, the most talented quarterback ever. Greeny yesterday, yesterday, after the four turnover game, said does as a matter of fact, no one has ever played the position better. If that is the way he has discussed, then you can't also do a blame pie blaming McDermott and Brandon Bean and Brandon Cooks and the poor left guard who didn't fall on Allan's fumble when we're discussing them losing a playoff game when he had four turnovers. He's the only guy in the league that when they win, he's an all time legend, and when they lose, even when it's because of his mistakes, it's got to be someone else's fault. You are not. It is not a tenable sports opinionist position to continually call a player better than historic legends and contemporaries that have more pelps on the wall by a wide margin, and then give him a full on pass for a playoff.
Speaker 2: Meltdown, and he's on the record saying that he feels like it. Let his team do well.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing. Josh Allen is more is more of a realist about what happened than his media sickophants. Josh Allen was in tears. You know why because he is the best player on the team. Obviously, he is their leader, he is the reason they're there, and he blew it. That's okay, It's sports, And it wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't have to listen to people the day after it happens still say he's the no one's ever played the position better? Are you fucking kidding me? Like, take my homes out of it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I think Tom Brady played the position better than Josh Allen. Yeah, like I and so I there is an element of demons. Last week there was a little medium or little mini media and we talked about it, firestorm about Lynn Jones, the older Black Lady. Oh yeah, he said to Liam Cohen, like, hold your head up high. Ye all these folks were like, once you turn, once you become media, you don't root anymore. You don't do that, And then those same people are sending tweets. My heart breaks for Josh Allen. He does why what like I don't mean why like that. Like I I understand feeling empathy for a person that's a great player that you feel like can't get over the hump. I understand that, but the he doesn't. You don't think CJ. Stroud feels like shit this weekend.
Speaker 2: I you don't think the guy gets stopped so many times. I also think people just get caught up with the physicals of Josh Allen. He's perfect, Like he's got the big arm, he could run around. He's a big dude. But yeah, he obviously is. He is.
Speaker 1: Part of being an all time great is being able to harness your greatest attributes while minimizing the risk associated with them. And I have watched the he has been incredible. That last year's playoff game against Kansas City he fumbled three times. They recovered all of them. The year before the playoff game against Kansas City, on what they thought was gonna be the game time drive, he fumbled running the around like he did at midfield near halftime. It should have been scooped and scored by the Chiefs. One of his teammates fell on it after the Chiefs kicked it. He's loose with the ball and when he switches his style up to not be loose with the ball, his gaudy stats go down. That's when his passing yardage numbers go down. And all he has not yet shown the ability to have the type of season where you get the crazy gaudy numbers without the crazy turnovers, which is fine. I still think he's the second best quarterback in the league. But you gotta call a spade a spade on a four turnover playoff game, and I he was fine with it, he knew he blew it. And then the well, get to the follow ups because there's a lot about the calls and the whining and all of it, so you can go to all this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So after the game, Josh Allen, Dion Dawkins, and Randon Cooks were all very emotional in their interviews and crying. How do you feel about players crying after a round two exits?
Speaker 1: So I think a couple things. Listen, I I it does now seem like the Bills were gonna fire McDermott if they didn't make the Super Bowl. If they hadn't made that decision after seeing how emotional the players were, I would have felt like, sorry, Sean, even if it's not your fault. We have to we can't just run this back. This is a this is a scarred team. And the demonse, why do you think the Bills were so devastated about this loss in this postseason because I have a theory.
Speaker 2: Well, this is their this was their this was their shot this year. Like I just feel like this was because nobody else's I mean, you're you got Drake May, you got all the I mean, you just got Matt Stafford, Mahomes, Burrow, uh At, you know, Lamar, They're all gone.
Speaker 1: It's so I think they clearly viewed it as the Chiefs aren't there and this is our moment. And that's and by the way, certainly the media after they reacted to the McDermott firing kept bringing up that this was the moment where the Chiefs aren't there and this is the other thing, if I'm being transparent here, that frustrates me about the just blowing past like Josh past Patrick in this quarterback hierarchy, folks simultaneously have this opinion, Josh is clearly the best quarterback in the league. He's better than Mahomes. He's been better than Mahomes the last few years. They believe that while simultaneously believing this was such a massive missed opportunity for the Buffalo Bills because they finally would have been able to get to a super Bowl without actually having to beat Patrick Mahomes like that it was. I think they did view it as the path is clear, and I don't think they viewed it as the path was clear because Lamar wasn't there, because Josh has played Lamar twice in the playoffs and beat them both. I don't think they viewed as the path that's clear because Burrow's not there, because Burrow only been there the last three years. I think they viewed as the path that's clear because Patrick's not there and they didn't get there. The crying was interesting to me because I just don't remember the last Like I felt like Cam cried after the super Bowl and people killed him for it. This is a divisional round game. But they really thought they were right there, all right. Today's shows brought to you by our presenting sponsor, Hard Rock Bet Florida's sportsbook. Folks, these playoffs have been unbelievable, and I hope you've been cashing in on the unexpected moments on Hard Rock Bet. Two teams are gonna punch their tickets to the big game this week, and when it comes to these standalone matchups, there's nothing better than a same game parlay. Lock in one game, stack your picks, build your script. Maybe the quarterback throws for two fifty, the running back goes for one hundred, the tight ends the first one to hit paydirt. Hard Rock Bet gives you tons of ways to build your same game parlay, turning game days into paydays. And if you miss kickoff, don't worry. Hard Rock Bet has live in game betting, so you're never too late to the action. Find a winner or grab that player prop you meant to play, and live bet between snaps in just a few easy taps. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings but also an extra one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. So just because your favorite team may be out of it, that doesn't mean you have to sit on the sidelines of this postseason between same game barlays, live betting, can't mis welcome offer a new promos dropping every day. Hard Rock Bet has you covered all postseason long. That's hard Rock Bet. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today, payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight three three play wise In Indiana. If you or someone you know is a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem, Call one eight hundred Gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia. All right, demons, I threw out a trade on TV yesterday. I don't think it's dumb. Seems like I'm in the minority and not thinking my own trade idea is dumb. Go ahead and let's talk it through.
Speaker 2: All right. So we're running of games to talk about. So it's rumors slash trade talk time of the year. People are throwing around trades and rumors. A trade or rumor that you co signed was Lamar for Max Crosby and the number one pick, which are probably Bendoza to the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Yeah so no, well you might just become a Raider fan. You can just you can just follow Lamar.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Lamar and genty would be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So here's the deal. I I don't I'm not saying this, and I didn't just create this out of thin air. The ESPN did like bold predictions for the offseason, and one of them was could Tom Brady and the Raiders make a play for Lamar Jackson. I don't know that. I think the Raiders, after watching them and believing in them this year, are you know, close enough to make a move even for Lamar Jackson. However, I am more interested in this from the raven side of it, And I don't know who the next Ravens head coach is going to be, but whomever it is, I think in the universe where this was available, you get the equivalent I believe of demand's a five first round picks, the equivalent of five first round picks for Lamar, and by that I mean Max Crosby on the open market is worth two firsts. And we know the number one pick, given the Bryce Young trade, it's equivalent, the equivalent that it's worth is a little more than three, you know, middle average first round picks. I know number one pick is literally one first round pick, but it's in order to get it you would have to trade like the fifteenth pick and to future first to move up them. So this is the equivalent of you know, call it five first round picks. And you would not be like, all right, well now we're in the quarterback wilderness, because now you might end up being if Mendoza is not the guy. But you're not trading for the number one overall pick blind saying, you know, or trading for a future year pick when you don't know who the players are that you'd be taking. You would know you are taking Fernando Mendoza. And the point that the reason I find this interesting from the Ravens perspective, this theoretical fake trade that ESPN alluded to it. And then I put a fine tooth comb on or a finer point on, I should say, I do think that it is a legitimate discussion. What is a better path to winning a championship young quarterback on a rookie scale plus Max Crosby plus the extra forty some million dollars of cap space to build out the rest of the roster, or Lamar Jackson, who will enter next year undoubtedly as the highest paid player in the league on a sixty plus million dollar a year contract. And it is worth noting the two Super Bowls the Ravens have won, they won with cheap quarterbacks and stacked rosters. The Denver Broncos are attempting this right now. I know bo Nix is now out, but young quarterback, all this talent around him. The Patriots, I, you know, don't think they actually have all that much talent around them. I think what the job May and vrabil have done's unbelievable. But they spent money this offseason. They have more money to spend this next offseason. You know, I'm not breaking news that good young, cheap quarterback who gives you franchise quarterback play on rookie quarterback salary at a bunch of pieces has been a very successful model. And then when you add to it what I think could be some squeamishness for the Ravens of a brand new contract for Lamar after at the very least we can call it an injury riddled year. I think it's worth a real discussion, and it is. I also want to make this part clear. This is not an insult to Lamar, because if I were the Raiders, I would not like Let let me again, this is we're playing in double hypothetical worlds here. But let's say the Raiders offered this to the Ravens, Max Crosby and the number one pick for Lamar and the rap and the Ravens said no, thank you. And then the Bengals heard it had been offered and they called the Raiders and they said, we'll take it for Joe Burrow. If I'm the Raiders, I wouldn't do that deal. I don't think Joe Burrow is worth the number one overall pick plus Max Crosby, because even with Lamar uh having an injury riddled year, Joe, to me is an even bigger injury risk than Lamar, and Joe has not shown consistent regular season first team all pro level play, the way Joe has one year like that in his career, the way Lamar has. So it is there are only three veteran quarterbacks in the league that if I were the Raiders, I would offer this package up for Lamar, Josh and Patrick. Obviously the Chiefs and the Bills. There's nothing you could offer those teams to get them to trade Josh or Patrick. The Ravens, given how this last year went, the new head coach Lamar's pending contract situation, I just wonder if the door is creaked open to the point of if the Ravens derive considering this, why would they have fired Harball Again? Now we're in like quadruple hypotheticals. What I will tell you is this they if they wanted the Hardball Lamar relationship, that partnership could not continue. And had they kept Harball, then Lamar really has a hammer because he also does have a no trade clause in his deal. So you might say, Nick, you're talking about the trade, he has no trade clause. Players again can wave those and can make it, can decide, you know, kind of steer where they want to go potentially because of it. I just think it is not. I think the Lamar contract is going to be a big enough story this offseason that this is of all the fake trades that exist to Monsey, this is not total whole cloth like that. I I do think that there will be some of that discussion over the off season. So you're I'm not predicting it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Crosby Mendoza and no more picks or like that's it for no, what I'm saying the first round picks right with no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, what I'm I'm what I'm saying is the number one overall pick. To acquire that by itself usually takes three first round picks, and to acquire Max Crosby would take two first round picks. So I'm saying this is the equivalent in value of five first round picks. But the trade would be essentially Fernando Mendoza and Max Crosby for Lamar Ja. Yeah, and and so you're out on it most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I I mean if it were multiple, I thought it was going to be multiple. I see what you're saying in it being multiple first to equal the number one pick of the draft. But yeah, but yeah, no, that's not enough. I need some more retooling if we're getting rid of Lamar.
Speaker 1: But so well, that's the thing is this, I don't think and by the way, you.
Speaker 2: Get all the space, get all the money off of Lamar's contract.
Speaker 1: Right And it wouldn't just be here's the other thing. You wouldn't be doing this being like all right, we're rebuilding. You'd be doing it saying we have we saw.
Speaker 2: The windows right now.
Speaker 1: The Commanders, the Patriots, the Bears, and the Broncos in the last two years have all made the divisional rounder further with a quarterback that was either a rookie or in his second year like we are. We are going for this right now. By the way, if you're thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro, designed to be the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store or transferring all your data, good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home. How about that or a home or work to deliver your brand new iPhone Pro and get you set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. So I have you get the new iPhone, It comes right to you and a tech comes in. Get all your stuff transferred, get you set up on the network. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boost mobile dot Com. Terms of course do apply. All right, I want to discuss this Baxter Holmes Lakers Genie Buss Lebron story. You guys tell me the I don't mind demand's background being off. We can fix that later there, Oh it's back, look at that. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: So yesterday Backster Holmes of ESPN dropped a story about the sale of the Lakers and the piece they also just us how Genie Buss grew frustrated with Lebron and didn't even want to sign him to a new contract in twenty twenty four, even talked about shipping them off to the Clippers. What do you make of all this?
Speaker 1: Okay, so a couple and Genie Busses today came out and you know, basically refuted some of this. Let me say this on the front end. The thrust of this story is not about Lebron and everyone should read the story. It is superb reporting by a superb reporter in Baxter Holmes who does great work, really great work for ESPN, and you know it is very long and very good about the bus family and the sale of the Lakers. Okay that if I were doing Los Angeles talk radio, that would be one of them, the major topic of the day on this platform. I don't know how many people care about the palace intrigue of the Bus family sale of the Lakers. So I'm going to focus on the Lebron piece of it because I am interested in that. But I again, I just want to give credit to the story and a Baxter and say on the front end, this is not the general plot point of the story. But I'm going to read you the Lebron section and then I'm going to briefly explain why it enrages me from Baxterome's story, team sources told ESPN she even began to turn against the Lakers star player Lebron James. Jeanie privately grumbled, people close to the team say about what she felt was James's eult sized ego and the overt control that he and Clutch Sports, which represents both James and Davis, exerted over the organization. She didn't like that James was considered a savior for a floundering franchise when he arrived in twenty eighteen, and that it was he who chose the Lakers rather than the team's leadership, receiving praise for landing him. More on that in a moment. Team's sources have been adamant for years that James's camp in four in the Lakers as early as twenty seventeen, that he was coming to join them when he became a free agent the following year. The distance between Jeanie and James widened after the Lakers traded for Russell Westbrook in July of twenty twenty one. The team had made the trade an effort to appease James, but the acquisition backfired in catastrophic fashion. LA went thirty three and forty nine, missed the playoffs, and James seemed to wash his hands of his role in the acquisition. Jeanie privately bristled about what she felt was his lack of accountability and the way James would shift blame onto others after the Westbrook trade, people said in twenty twenty two. In the aftermath of the Westbrook trade, multiple people said Genie privately mused about not giving James a contract extension. Even about trading James with the Clippers floated as a possibility. This was before James received a contract extension with a no trade clause for two years, one hundred and four million dollars, and when the Lakers drafted James's son, Bronnie, with a fifty to fifth pick, Genie privately remarked that James should be grateful for such a gesture, but she felt he wasn't. That summer she discussed a new contract for James, Genie seemsore resigned to the fact that they'd have to do it, almost begrudgingly accepting they'd take a massive pr hit by not doing so. Okay, the reason that's the piece, and now this is me not reading the pieces, stalky. The reason Lebron James considered himself a savior for a floundering franchise was simply because he was a savior for a floundering franchise. It's not complicated, it's not weird, it's not hard to fucking parse. The reason Lebron considered the Lakers a floundering franchise is because before he got there, they were a floundering franchise, and the reason he considered himself a savior was because within two years of getting there, they won the championship. The Los Angeles Lakers had never been bad back to Minneapolis demanse their second year in existence in the league. Actually, no, pardon me, their first year in existence, when they went from the Detroit Gyms who were bad, to the Minneapolis Lakers with George Mikeen, they won the championship. They then won a bunch more championships in the fifties. Then in the sixties they went to the finals almost every year, lost to the Celtics a bunch. Then in the seventies they got Kareem abdul Jabbar and then in the eighties were the most successful team in the NBA. Then in the nineties they had their one tiny downturn, which was a thirty three win team that missed the playoffs. And shortly thereafter they got Shaquille O'Neill and drafted Kobe Bryan or traded for him, and they were awesome again, the Los Angeles Lakers. Giving the full context here prior to the twenty tens demonse, here is the full list of years they were not in the playoffs, either Minneapolis or Los Angeles nineteen fifty eight, Okay, nineteen seventy five and seventy six, that's when they traded for Kareem nineteen ninety four and two thousand and five. That's the list. From the fifties until the twenty tens, they had always been excellent Florishi and then in the five years before Lebron got there, they missed the playoffs five times and won the following number of games twenty seven, twenty one, seventeen, twenty six, thirty five. So all of Lakers history five years missed the playoffs from Minneapolis to La across Damn near sixty five years. And then the five years before Lebron got there, they missed the playoffs five times. Their finishes in the Western Conference again fifteen teams in the Western Conference the five years before Lebron got there fourteenth, fourteenth, fifteenth, fourteenth, eleventh, they were arguably the worst team in basketball for a half decade. That is a floundering franchise that was saved one. Some people think that if you save something or someone, you might consider yourself a savior. By Lebron James wanting to move to Los Angeles, not by Rob Bolenka or Jeanie Buss's fancy PowerPoint presentation. So that is what happened. Now, does Lebron have an outsized ego? I've heard that, does Clutch sports exhibit a lot of influence over the Lakers? Seems to be. Did Lebron James want Russell Westbrook? Yes? Did that work out? No? Well, Lebron James wanted a bunch of things. Lebron James wanted Tyloo to be his coach. They said to that. Lebron James wanted Paul George on the Lakers. That didn't happen, Lebron. There's plenty of things Lebron wanted they didn't do, and plenty of things Lebron wanted they did do. The Lakers choosing to say yes to the request for Russell Westbrook because the Lakers brand is Stars when they had said no to other things and yes to other things, and then acting like Lebron is the one who called it into the league office and washing their hands of it entirely, but then also whining about Lebron helping them get Anthony Davis, which then allowed them to get Luke ad Ancic and win a championship is laughable and complaining to people a year after the guy wins finals MVP for you when you win a championship that you don't want to give him a contract extension and you might actually trade him only to give him a two year max contract extension with a no trade clause is laughable. Doctor Jerry Buss was one of the greatest owners in the history of pro basketball. Jeenie Buss, by all accounts, is an incredibly nice person who has a lot of friends in the media. The new owners of the Lakers are going to get the team back on the track it had been for doctor Jerry Buss's entire tenure, and the track that it had fallen off of entirely until Lebron James came to Los Angeles and saved the damned team