Speaker 1: Hey it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through Hey It's Delilah. Every night I talk to people from all walks of life in all sorts of different situations, and today we are going to mash some of those phone calls up and serve them back to you on Hey It's Delilah. Hi Tiya, Welcome to your new year. How are you tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: What can I do to add a note of joy to twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Well, Delilah, you see, I have this enemy who I've smothered, who I've been wanting to be my boyfriend. And his name is Gage, and I feel very sorry for what I've done to him. And I wrote him an apology letter, and I talked to my mom about it, and she basically said, lay Low, and I just need your advice on what I should. I just give him the letter and just say I'm sorry, because I've told him I'm sorry for a hundred times and I just don't know what to do now.
Speaker 1: So are you wanting to give him the letter in hoping it will change his response? To you, because if you've already told him, why do you need to give it to him in written form?
Speaker 2: I want to see like if there's going to be a change, like in his perspective.
Speaker 1: Okay. So if somebody says to you, I'm not interested in a relationship with you, then you need to respect them enough to accept that, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 2: Mam, I understand.
Speaker 1: And why would you call him an enemy if you care about him?
Speaker 2: Kuse we fought a lot and we yelled at each other a lot.
Speaker 1: Did you fight a lot because he's unkind? Or did you fight a lot because he was asking you to give him space and you couldn't do.
Speaker 2: That, he thought, because that m wasn't given him space when you demanded it.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you're still doing the same thing, aren't you. So stop stop and respect him and respect yourself enough to say, Okay, this person wants, wants and needs space and I haven't respected that in the past and it hurt their heart, and so I'm going to respect that now and move on with my life. Really understand, honey, that's not love at all. Don't you want to be with somebody who cherishes you and loves you? For you. Don't you want to be with somebody who appreciates you and respects you and wants to be with you. Okay, then then you need to respect him and let him go and know that the person you are supposed to be in a relationship with you won't have to ask them to love you. It's all right. Let me play a song for you. Hello, good evening. You've called the Delilah Show. Who is this? This is Tiara ti Eira. What a pretty name? Are you wearing yours tonight? Yes?
Speaker 3: I try to.
Speaker 1: What can I do for you, my queen?
Speaker 3: I have been trying to call you, miss Delilah. I've been calling you, says last year. It's been so hard to get through to you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you made it tonight. How can I help to make your night even more spectacular?
Speaker 3: I will like to dedicate a song to my mom. She's like one of the most important people in my life.
Speaker 1: Tell me about Mama and what I can do to make her night more.
Speaker 3: She's a very giving person. She's very entertaining when it comes to entertaining others and just entertaining me and my brothers. She just really has a kind heart.
Speaker 1: So she's kind, she's giving, and you're blessed to have her for a mama. Yes, is there a song that speaks to your heart? Or you want me to find one for her? All right, I will find one that says, Mama, I'm so glad that you're a part of my life.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, mister Delilah.
Speaker 1: You have a great night, hi Eva, thank you for calling. This is Delilah. How can I make your night a little more hopeful?
Speaker 4: Hiah? I was wondering if maybe you could get a a song to one of my best friends.
Speaker 1: Who is your best friend? And what do you want to say?
Speaker 4: A name Sophia. I just want to say that she's like helped me through a lot of really tough times in my life, especially as of late, and I just really I.
Speaker 5: Love her a lot.
Speaker 1: So challenge tough challenge that you're facing that you're comfortable sharing with a complete stranger, And how did Sophia help you over that mountain?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: I've had a lot of issues, especially at school, that she's let me talk to her about and she's helped me out with and she genuinely.
Speaker 3: Means the world to me.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 4: I'm thirteen?
Speaker 1: Oh, so junior high. Yeah, that's hard. Junior high is. So you know what, Eva, If somebody said to me, Delilah, here is ten million dollars, it's all yours, acts free. If you would just go back and be thirteen again and relive like like thirteen to fifteen, I would laugh. I would say, not just no, but heck no, keep the money. I'd rather have a bad back and arthritis than ever go through what I went through at that age. And it's so much harder for kids now, it really is. There's so many things, so much pressure, so much stress that is on you, young people. And God bless you for having a friend that you can talk to and not just holding it all inside.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, how about this? How about I play the best best friend song I can find for Sophia, and how about I remind people to be kind?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm glad she's there for you, honey, And I'm glad you're getting through this. And I'm going to say a prayer that God would give you comfort and give you strength and change the hearts of those who are being unkind.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You have a good night, honey, God bless you.
Speaker 4: Thank you you too.
Speaker 3: Good night.
Speaker 1: Good night. Hi, good evening, Thank you for your patience. Who is this.
Speaker 5: H'm Lily.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, Lily, welcome aboard. You sound very happy. How was your night going.
Speaker 5: It's going pretty good. And my mom is in the kitchen making put rust and I've kind of been sitting in my room in her room for the last ten minutes waiting for the radio to come on.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you made it through, Lily. What can I play for you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I want to dedicate a song to my mom because she's just a really kind person and she's always taking carriage care of me, and I just want to put on a song for her that's like just a good, really good song, something that shows that I care and appreciate her.
Speaker 1: And she's making you pot roast. Life doesn't get better than that.
Speaker 5: My mom's right here, say hi, Mom, Hi, Mom?
Speaker 1: Hi. What a sweet daughter you have.
Speaker 2: She's the sweetest. I love her so much.
Speaker 1: If her personality is half as sweet as her voice. You've done well, mama, bear.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to play a song for your whole family. Okay, awesome, Thank you so much. Thank you. You have a great night.
Speaker 2: Too, Thank you you too.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah.
Speaker 5: Let all be happy.