Speaker 1: Welcome. It is Verdict with Senator Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you, Senator, it's an international pod tonight, as you're across the pond.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right. This is our very first podcast that I have done from Paris, France. I am in Paris right now. I flew yesterday to Normandy to be here for the eightieth anniversary of D Day. I was at the celebration all day. I've got meetings the next couple of days here.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it was really an incredible time celebrating what was what was an historic landmark, a milestone that that changed the course of history. And the heroism, the courage that was shown by by by those American gis that that that that that landed on the coast of France, and and that that that invaded the continent to take take back the continent from the Nazis. It was incredibly dangerous, incredibly difficult, incredibly inspiring, and it changed the course of history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is truly incredible. And there's also the politics that are now coming out with the Biden campaign as well.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're now trying to use D Day to advocate for funding with Ukraine that had to be shocking to you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not surprising because everything they do is political. That that that's how that that's how they approach. Unfortunately, day to day life is it's all politics all the time.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: But but I got to tell you that nothing can really diminish the experience of being here. It truly is extraordinary, uh, being with being with heroes, and and and and there were hundreds of World War Two veterans who came back for the eightieth anniversary of D Day. And these these guys are all you know, in their late nineties or in their hundreds. You know, if they were eighteen years old eighty years ago than they're ninety eight today. Now there's several of them that were even seventeen and sixteen and lied about their ages. So there are a couple that are younger, that are ninety six and ninety seven. But I visited today with with with one World War Two veteran. There was one hundred and four. And these guys are incredible euros And when you look at what they did, it was truly incredible. June fourth, nineteen forty four, Operation Overlord, which was the code name for the Allied invasion of Normandy France. More than one hundred and fifty thousand troops landed at D Day, and when they landed, they they landed into German machine gun fire. You had soldiers, had, you had barriers they'd put on the beach. And more than twenty nine thousand US servicemen members were either killed or injured during the norm of the operation, including more than six thousand on the very first day of the landing. And it is when you look at today. I stood at Omaha Beach and looked out and you imagine coming across that sand and coming into just machine gun fire. The bravery that was demonstrated on that day was just breathmaking.
Speaker 1: I want to take a moment and say thank you. So many of you that are Verdict listeners have gotten involved with an incredible organization called Preborn. Preborn is helping save the lives of countless unborn babies. They're doing it by allowing mothers to hear their baby's heart on ultrasound. You may not realize this, but the heart of a child begins to form at conception and adjusted three weeks, it's already beating. At five weeks, a baby's heartbeat can be heard on that vitally important ultrasound. That's why we partner with Preborn, because we need to help these precious babies. And every day Preborn's networks of clinics rescues two hundred babies from abortion. When a mother whe an unplanned pregnancy meets her baby on ultrasound and hears their baby's heartbeat, it is a divine encounter that literally doubles a baby's chance at life. By six weeks, a child's eyes are forming. By ten weeks, a baby is able to suck his or her own thumb, and for just twenty eight dollars, you could be the difference, for just twenty eight dollars between the life or death of a child. All gifts to Preborn are tax deductible. You can donate easily by just dialing pound two point fifty that's pound two fifty and say the keyword baby. That's pound two fifty, say the keyword baby. Or you can also donate securely online at preborn dot com slash verdict. That's preborn dot com slash verdict. And all you that have already gotten involved, thank you so much for being involved in fighting back against the radicals at Planned Parenthood. This adieth anniversary, and you mentioned hundreds came over, and there's so many veterans groups that just do amazing work fundraising and helping these veterans, these heroes war to even get to Normandy to D Day, and the way that they do it and the way that they give them such honor and respect from the moment that they get to the airport in the US until the moment this trip is over when they get back home. But this is a very significant year because it is the eightieth anniversary, and if you just do the math, a lot of these veterans that you got to be with literally today this will probably be their last time to go to Normandy, just because of age.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right. And I had the opportunity to go to the seventy fifth anniversary five years ago and I didn't go. I had a scheduling conflict and I had something else I had to do, and I have regretted it every day since then. I should have fixed the scheduling conflict. That I was mad at myself that I didn't just just push aside the scheduling conflict and go for the seventy fifth. So for the eightieth anniversary, you're right, there's a very good chance that the next one that happens that we're not going to have World War Two veterans still with us, or if we do, it's going to be very very few. And actually the news broke today the one of the World War two veterans who was one hundred and two actually died traveling to France to come to this and and it's just, you know, they're they're at the age now where they all understand that this is the you know, the the the the end of their passage. But but it was incredible. I spent a lot of the day shaking hands with with with these men, thanking them. And you know, it's interesting then that there's a consistency in that, one after the other after the other. When you thank them for their bravery, bravery, they'll say, look, I I just did my job. If you call them a hero, they'll argue with you. They'll say, I wasn't a hero. Uh. The the heroes are buried behind us. And and I got to say, when you you stand in the cemetery and you just see the line after line of white crosses and white stars of David, of servicemen and women, when you walk through that cemetery and you read name after name after name, and they're all so young. They're all eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty one years old, and so many of them they came off and amphibious ship and were shot and killed right on the beach. And it's incredible.
Speaker 1: You know, my grandfather fought in War two and he talked about when they all just went and signed up, and the story that he wanted his grandsons to know was how many young men signed up And you mentioned their age. Many of them lied about their age to serve their country. They were seventeen and even sixteen, and they lied. And the people, some of the people, he said, knew they were lying, and they went with it everyway because it went with it anyway, because everybody was new that this was a moment in history that you had to stand up and fight the Nazis or the world could fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, including George Herbert Walker Bush, who, if I remember correctly, was seventeen when when he signed up to go fight in World War two. I mean, and that was you know, you had had young Americans stepping forward saying We're going to defend the world from tyranny and you know, particularly after Pearl Harbor and the attack on Pearl Harbor, when America was thrust into the war, you had just just ordinary people who did extraordinary things. And imagine how different the course of history would have been if the Nazis had prevailed. Yeah, Adolf Hitler lived his life as the dictator of Europe. The Nazis were unmitigated evil. We now know and many didn't know at the time about the concentration camps where they murdered over six million Jews. It was there are wars where both sides are in the right and both sides are in the wrong. World War two is not one of us the Nazis. The world would have been fundamentally different had the Allies not prevailed. And D Day, look, Dinna was not guaranteed to be a success. It was one of the most difficult military assaults ever planned, ever executed. And when you look at when you look at the cliffs they climbed, when you looked at look at the elevation they had to scale, and you imagine doing it with hand grenades and machine gun fire coming down at you, not to mention uh, incoming fire from from airplanes and and I mean it is extraordinary.
Speaker 1: My grandfather and my grandfather told me about D Day. He said, it was a day that we all knew that many of our friends were going to die, and that was accepted. It was just how many were going to die?
Speaker 2: Well, look and if you were, if you were in the first wave of the boats, almost all of those soldiers died. Uh and it h there there was The stakes were enormous. And what our country did without America in that war. Germany wins and and we came in and it was a moment that changed the course of history.
Speaker 1: Sinner. I want to talk about just the reaction first to Americans in France and and being at this ceremony, how how are you and and the rest of the people that are there, especially the veterans, how are they received by the people in France? And then I want to talk about just you, even the logistics and getting to this event and how all this came about.
Speaker 2: Well, look, the veterans are embraced and people are applauding and saying thank you, and I mean there's just an enormous amount of love and and look President McCrone was there, and and he was he was very gracious and and and he said quite rightly that that that the the American invasion at the day, and it was all the Allies, but it was the Americans leading it. Uh that that that that it liberated Frankis that that that France had been honkerd by Thenazis and and it's uh, the reaction in seeing these these heroes, most of them now are in wheelchairs and they just have a line of people coming up saying thank you and wanting to take pictures with them and shake their hands, and they're just, uh, you know, there's an enormous amount of appreciation when.
Speaker 1: When when you got this obviously the invite to go, how does this work? Who all got to go on this trip to obviously honor our men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifice or young boys. But you're going to honor uh and represent the United States of America. What do the logistics even look like?
Speaker 2: Well? Sure, so this is what's called a codel, which is a congressional delegation and and and it's official travel by members of Congress. And there are lots of codels that this is part of the job that you travel, You travel to other countries and you meet with military leaders, you meet with foreign leaders that that is a very important part of doing the job. I'm going to send it foreign Relations Committee, and so traveling to other countries, meeting with other leaders, understanding that this situation is very important. This codell. Typically codels are organized by one or two senators. This codell was organized by Richard Blomenthal, the Democrats from Connecticut, and John Boseman, a Republican from Arkansas. And this was a big codell. This was larger than normal. Often codels are in the Senate or three or four or five senators is a typical codell. This one, I think the council was nineteen, so you had a lot of Senators that came, and then there were a bunch of House members that came. I actually don't know how many House members, but I'd say twenty or thirty. It was a big group of House members that were here. And so the the logistically, the way this one worked is that we met at the Capitol and then we went over to Andrew's Air Force Base and we flew from Andrews Air Force Base to France on Air Force planes. So it's what's called mill Air Military air and so the Air Force maintains a number of planes that are used for official travel. And so we left on Wednesday late afternoons. We flew all night. We tried to sleep on the plane as much as we could, although you know, according to my are a ring tracker, I've had a total of fifty one minute sleep last night.
Speaker 1: So I've got to know you and I sleep as well on planes. I can't do it no matter what, even overseas. I've never been able to sleep on planes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just hard to sleep in an airplane. Plane. I got fifty one minutes that I've passed out, but it just I find it really tough to sleep in an airplane plane seats. But so we landed. We landed early in the morning today, so today is Thursday. We landed early in the morning at about six thirty in the morning, and we all uh disembarked the plane and changed clothes, so you know, I mean we traveled in jeans and traveling clothes, but then we changed to put on put on a suit and put on business business attire. Uh, And then we all got in buses to head to the ceremony. And there were there were two ceremonies today. There was one the American ceremony, uh. And that's that the American Cemetery, and that both Joe Biden and Macron both spoke there and and that had a lot of time honoring uh the World War Two veterans who were there. And then after that there was an international ceremony uh that featured a number of heads of state and and Justin Trudeau from Canada was there, and Prince Terry from the UK was there and and and it was that was predominantly driven by the French. So the international event was was very different from the American event. I attended both. And then after the events, Uh, now we're we're up in Normandy and and the rest of the trip is in Paris. So we uh we got on Blackhawk helicopters and went from Normandy to Paris. And how long is that fly?
Speaker 1: Out of curiosity? How long is that? And and and and and taking off from Normandy in a Blackhawk, that to me just seems really I don't know, touching historically. I mean you're taking the same flight that that many people were, you know, coming in and parachuting in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it was really head cool, like there's no other way like as the helicopters taking off, and you're like looking at the beach and you're envisioning. When you're looking at the beach, you're envisioning just one hundred and fifty thousand gis landing on that beach. You're envisioning the smoke and the screens and the blood and the machine guns, and you're envisioning the ships as far as the eye can see, and the paratroopers raining down from on high and it was just kind of amazing. And for a chunk of it, we flew along the coast before we cut in to go to Paris, and so it was really you're flying over the French countryside and seeing the countryside and seeing the coast. That was very cool.
Speaker 4: And it.
Speaker 2: Ended up. I mean, it's now what time is it now? It is eleven oh eight pm. So this has been a very long day. We landed at Frances six point thirty in the morning and just got to the hotel room at eleven o'clock at night, so it has been a full day, but it was And then tomorrow I'm up early and a meeting with with the US embassy and doing the briefing with military briefing, and we've got a whole series of of meetings on issues impacting France and Europe that that that that I'll be attending. And then also on Saturday, we're going to go back to Normandy and do a tour of the battlefield and have an historical tour, which I'm really looking forward to as well. Today was the ceremony itself, but I'm looking forward to to to getting into some of the some of the real details of how how the invasion unfolded and what happened.
Speaker 1: I was watching Biden on on TV and and there was two faces that I noticed sitting there close to the front, two men that you got to meet today, and and and there's certain people and and moments where you meet a person in the context of some of their greatest work and it excites you.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Two of those people you met today with Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, these are, as you described them, two master storytellers who've done a beautiful job chronicling the incredible heroism of the Greatest Generation. I could not agree with you more. What was it like to be there in Normandy with them and all that they have done to really raise awareness of the Greatest Generation and the Ultimate Sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really cool. Like I had not met either one of them before, and they were both just kind of standing around before the ceremony started. They were talking to various people and and so I came up and introduced myself. I a conversation with both of them. With Spielberg, it was, you know, I said, you know, I told he's an amazing movie maker, and I love you know this, I love movies. I'm a diehard movie buff, and I just, you know, telling story as is incredibly important. And I actually I relate a story to him. So Saving Private Ryan, my uncle was a Vietnam vest and he worked for years as a counselor at the VA dealing with veterans who had mental health issues. And my uncle told me that when Saving Private Ryan came out, you know, the first twenty thirty minutes of it, where they're landing, I mean, it's as intense a war scene as I think there's ever been in a movie. And what I told Spielberg is, I said, my uncle told me that he had a lot of vets coming in were really triggered by that scene, and what they told him is that it got the sounds right. And they said it was the first war movie that got the sounds of combat exactly right, and it was bringing bet back like being back in in combat. So he was a therapist helping them work through that, and it was interesting. Spielbert was telling me. He said, look, they went to great lengths, you know, they they took all the different weapons and they fired them and had the microphones to to number one record the sounds of them. But they also he said, fired them into in decide to beat to get the like sound of them hitting a body and breaking bone and flesh. But and I took my uncle said also the sounds of bricichet and water with the bullets. That that in particular was an aspect that was really hope. You know. I also talked to him about Schindler's List, which was another incredible movie, And I was talking to you about how moved I was by the scene at the end where you know, Oscar Schindler's is sitting there after having saved so many people from concentration camp, saying, you know, he looks at his gold watch and says, you know, my god, I could have saved three people with that. How do I have a watch and three people are dead like that. The guilt he felt that as much as he did, he could have done more. And it was that was at nique conversation to have with Spielberg.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you about our friends over a Patriot Mobile real quick. And if you have a cell phone, a lot of you have made the switch, and I get emails now and messages on social media from people saying, Ben, you weren't kidding. Patriot Mobile is incredible. They're the only conservative Christian wireless provider. And you make a difference when you make a switch because they take about five percent of your bill every month, that no extra cost to you, and they give it back to organizations that support free speech, religious freedom which is under attack in this country, and they protect the sanctity of life of unborn children. They also advocate for the Second Amendment as well as our military, our veterans, and they help with our wounded warrior heroes in this country. Now, that is what they do when you pay your bill. But the best part is this, you're not giving your money to Big Mobile that are actually supporting liberal causes. Patriot Mobile wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Big Mobile giving massive donations to democrats running at the local, state, and national level, and activist organizations, including massive donations to Plan Parenthood. If you don't want your money going there, make the switch to Patriot Mobile. It is so easy now with technology. You don't have to go to a store. You can just call them and you can switch now. I switched a line a couple months ago, and I can tell you it's never been easier. It was done over the phone quickly. I got to keep my same phone. I have the same number that I have before. It is seamless transition, and when it comes to service, you're going to be on the same towers that you're used to right now, Welcome to twenty twenty four. Changing your phone it is not hard anymore. Call Patriot Mode, will make that switch today and send up for the values you believe in nine seven to two Patriot. That's nine seven to two Patriot nine seven to two Patriot. Use a promo code Verdict you'll get free activation or they're online at patriotmobile dot com slash verdict. That's Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict. I want to talk about the speech and and and I was watching and.
Speaker 2: Actually before before that let's not skip a Tom Hanks. So Hanks was there too, and so I got chatted with him too. Now, interestingly enough, Tom Hanks is actually pretty tall, which I yeah, Uh, it's when I met him. He's I don't know, maybe he's sixty two or six three. He was at least on five to eleven. He was at least three inches tallar I am, which which I didn't expect. Uh. And he's kind of skinny. He was tall and kind of skinny, which is not. Yeah, he's taller than he appears in movies that he was very charting and and and we chatted a little bit and and uh and you know he said, uh, you know he said he said something along the lines of, you know, you know, I'm not going to vote for you. And I kind of laughed and said, well, you're not going to vote for me yet. You know, I'm suffered enough. I haven't given up on I'm convincing of that. But it was, you know, he did it in a way that was not of not just looked both Philberg and Hanks or democrats. They're very vocal Democrats. But you know that's we were not there talking politics that day where I mean and you look at whether it's Saving Private Ryan or you, or or it is Band of Brothers and The Pacific, both of which are just incredible series. I've watched both of them, and they do such a powerful job of recounting World War Two, both in Europe and and and the Pacific, and and you know the heart that each of them has for telling those stories. And I was talking with Stilbert more than Hanks, but I was talking about how important it was to tell the stories of these veterans. You know, we're losing them every day, we're losing them. We're coming to the end that when we're going to have them with us and telling their stories so they're not forgotten, I think is really really really important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's vitally important. I want to go to the president's speech. Lloyd Austin spoke and then the President spoke and and I actually played some of that on my show, and I said this at the beginning. I said, I always root for the President of the United States of America on moments like this, on today's like this to have an amazing speech. And I root for the president always, my president always when it comes to national security issues, especially and when it comes to honoring our men and women in uniform. And the President gave a speech, and I was why it. With the best of intentions, I wanted to root for this speech, but there were some moments in that speech that caught me a little bit by surprise, and I wanted to know your thoughts on this. There was a couple points where Biden tried to invoke Ukraine, and he also said this, which the media even picked up on. Here's what he had to say during the speech about democracy in America.
Speaker 3: Now, the question for us is in our our trial, will we do ours? We're living at a time when democracy had more risk across the world than a point since the end of World War II, since these beaches were stormed in nineteen forty four. Now we have to ask ourselves, will we stand against tyranny, against evil, against crushing brutality of the iron fist, when we stand for freedom, when we defend democracy, we stand together? My answer is yes, all we can be yes.
Speaker 1: That was an interesting point for me because he said democracy is more at risk now than at any point since World War Two. He talked about it on a domestic side, which was implying I think Donald Trump is a threat to democracy, and then he implied it with obviously Russia and Ukraine, and I wanted your reaction to that.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm going to say, this is an interesting example of having a different reaction to something when you're physically there versus watching it on TV here or watching it on Twitter. Look, I know, on the way after the speech, like looking at Twitter and people's reactions, I know people are upset that they viewed Biden as politicizing here. I got to say, it didn't feel that political being there in person, and maybe it's because frankly, you're paying attention to the veteran and the heroes you're in front of, and it's so dominated things that you know what Biden said, he barely paid attention to it, like it was not it wasn't the dominant events of the day. And you know, it was fine, he said, Okay, you know what was actually stood out much more to me than anything Biden said.
Speaker 4: Who was that was?
Speaker 2: But prone did something that was really cool, which is he awarded the French Legion of Honor too. It was about eight or ten American gis and and he, you know, he and each of them, they were almost all the wheelchairs. Each of them would stand for it, and they're teetering and they'd have someone helping them, but they wanted to stand and he would pin on their chest the French legion of Honor that I wasn't expecting, and that was just powerful. That was just like he was literally and then it was funny. Macrow would lean in and he would kiss them on both cheeks as the French way. You could kind of see these old dudes be like, hey, why is this frenchy KidSing? But you know it's your big awarded, the French legion of honor. That's a pretty damn big deal. And you think about it for someone who was nineteen and and was right there, I mean, understand, we're doing this like right next to the beaches where they saw their friends die, right next to the beaches where I'm going to have to assume that was the most hellish day they've ever experienced. There was certainly one of them, although those that continue to fight in the war there may have been others that rivaled it. But you know, you think about it, imagine being one hundred years old and the president of France thanking you and for liberating France. And pinning the legion of honor on your chest. It was I look, most of us had tears in our eyes during this.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you about one of my commitments, and that is I am sick and tired of saving my money to companies that do not stand with my values. And in the coffee business, there are a lot of liberal companies out there. You probably had two or three pop into your brain right when I said that. Well, I start my day every morning at seven am on the radio. I've got to be awake and I want a premium cup of coffee to start my day that, honestly I can look forward to. And that is why I switched to Blackout Coffee. Now, Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent America and zero percent woke. They are committed to conservative values from sourcing the beans to the roasting process, customer support, and shipping, and they embody true American values and they accept no compromise on taste or quality. Now, Blackout Coffee is a premium cup of coffee. It's not average, and I want you to try it. I'm going to give you a discount to give it a shot, because when you do, you're never going to switch back. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict and use the coupon code Verdict for twenty percent off your first order. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Be Awake, not Woke. Try blackout Coffee at blackout Coffee dot com slash verdict and use that promo code Verdict for twenty percent off your first order. Anthony Blincoln came out afterwards. He did an interview from Normandy with the backdrop behind him of many of the heroes and the crosses of those tombstones of somebody that lost their lives. He had this to say, marking the eightieth anniversary of D Day, and I want to get your reaction.
Speaker 5: And joining us now from Normandy, the United States Secretary of State, Anthony Blincoln, thank you very much for joining us here on morning.
Speaker 4: Joe.
Speaker 5: What should our allies and enemies take away from the President's speech this morning in Normandy?
Speaker 6: The same result, all that the extraordinary men and women that were celebrating today showed, then he's showing now because they did what they did. We're here today and we not only have responsibility to honor what they did. But the real way to honor it is to make sure that we're good in our time, in our moment, in standing up to the challenges that we face. And one of those we see now is aggression from Russia, not only against Ukraine, but against the very principles at the heart of the international system that were put in place after World War Two to try to make sure that we didn't have another World war, that we maintained peace and security. And presidents determined to make sure we're standing up today just as they stood up eighty years ago.
Speaker 5: And the President talked about Ukraine as one of the current challenges that exemplify the fight against dark forces that never fade, and he made another, yet another commitment. He reinforced the commitment to Ukraine. And by the way, if I may, we're watching live pictures right now of President Biden and the First Lady walking through the cemetery in Normandy, France. And as we look at these pictures which really symbolize the losses eighty years ago on d Day, and talk about the losses that Ukraine is incurring right now from the same type of aggression. The President did say that the support for Ukraine would continue, that we will be there for Ukraine. How does that parallel with some of the reticents we have seen in Washington that actually delayed the much needed aid Ukraine needed to push back against Russian aggression.
Speaker 6: Well, you don't make it that age should have gotten there a long time ago. But I'm glad it's there now and it's making a difference every single day. We're pushing it out to the front lines, making sure the Ukrainians who need it against this Russian aggression have it and can use it. But you know, there's a really powerful parallel too between what we're commemorating today and what we're doing now. Back then, it wasn't just the United States here in Normandy. Twelve countries came together, one hundred and sixty thousand men coming to this beach, coming to start the final fight that ultimately, eleven months later, led to victory in World War Two.
Speaker 2: In Ukraine, we have more than.
Speaker 6: Fifty countries standing up, standing together making sure that Ukraine has what it needs to defend itself and to push back this aggression. And that's the power of our alliances. And that's the biggest difference maker we have in the world. Our adversaries are competitors. They don't have the same kind of voluntary alliances. Yeah, sometimes they course countries into helping them, or maybe they pay them off. Here we have country after country that volunteers to stand together, stand together in defensive principles that we share and no need defending. We're seeing that in Ukraine. We saw that eighty years ago here in Normandy.
Speaker 1: You listen to that. It was very clear that NBC was wanting to make that and and B. Lincoln wanted to make that connection. And this deals with the reality of Foreign policy Center. He said, it is exact quote, there's a really powerful parallel between D Day and the Ukraine War.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there's no. That's Look, this White House does all politics all the time. It's what they do. They spin, spin, spin, and the two are fundamentally different. You know. I wish they would treat a solemn commemoration like this for what it is, a solemn commemoration, and not treated as another day in politics. Now, I will say President Zolensky was there, He was at the events, and so that did add some of the focus to it. And actually, I think tomorrow we're maybe sitting down a meeting with President's Elynky and listen, I agree that we want Russia to loose, that Russia is our enemy. Now, Vladimir Putin is not Adolf Hitler. He's our enemy, but he doesn't have concentration cancer where he's murdering six million people right now. He is our enemy and he does not wish us well. And so I think Vladimir Putin is a KG because it's an America's interest for Russia to lose. But and we've talked about this at great length on the pods, it is Joe Biden's fault and Tony Lincoln's fault. The Ukraine War happened in the first place. Joe Biden gave multi billion dollar gifts, says Vladimir Putin when he weighs sanctions on the North String two pipeline sanctions that I authored. I wrote the legislation, wrote them into law, and Putin stopped building that pipeline the day President Trump signed my sanctioned legislation in the law. If Biden had not weighed those sanctions, the war in Ukraine would not have happened. If Donald Trump were still in the White House. The war in Ukraine would not have happened. It's Joe Biden's weakness that caused the war in Ukraine. And by the way, as much as Biden and Blincoln want to see themselves as Churchill and Sdr, if there isn't, If there is a World War two analogy, then Biden is Neville Chamberlain. He is the one who is weak. He is the appeaser. He is the one who gave billions to Russia. He is the one who gives billions to Iran. He's the one that constantly shows weakness to our enemies, which is why we went from peace and prosperity what he inherited three and a half years ago, to two simultaneous wars playing out across the face of the globe. And look, I'm glad. Biden says he stands for freedom against tyranny. He can't seem to figure that out in Israel because he blocking weapons going to Israel and at the same time blowing money to a ran that goes to Hamas. And so when it comes to freedom and tyranny, he manages to be on the wrong side of that an awful lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it. I'm really thankful that you got to be there and we got to talk about this and honor our our, our amazing brave men who went and fought, and the women that were involved as well.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know who I met. I met the original.
Speaker 1: Rosie the Riveter No way, no way.
Speaker 2: That was really cool. She she's like one hundred years old, but she was the original Rosie the Riveter in in in those ads, you know, drumming up support for the military, and that was very cool.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. Well, what what a trip.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: My first question on the next pod is going to be about your meeting with with Ukraine's Zelenski, So I'm giving your heads up. That's what everybody listening is going to be like, how did that go and what was said? So I have a feeling we'll have that for you coming up on the next pod. I'm glad, what a great day in history, What an amazing day to remember and to honor those and I really am glad that we got to talk to you about it live from France. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: I want to close out with with actually a really cool thing. So at the International Ceremony, they had the International Ceremony of it, and there was a lot of a lot of music. They had young people singing, but that they had a military choir singing gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die, which is the formal name of it is Blood on the Risers, which is the America song by American paratroopers, and it's look, it's a gory song that they sung about what was happening. And it was amazing singing and singing it. So I want to close it by playing I just videoed on my iPhone the last two stanzas of it, and I want to close the pod by playing that because I got to say, in some ways it was dark, but in some ways it was beautiful. These are nineteen year old boys singing that they know they may be about to die, but they're going willingly into it. And so let's close. You know, Ben's wright, Subscribe to the pod, give us a five star review, sent it to all your friends. All that's true, But listen to this and just think about this is a military band, military choir in France singing this. But imagine the nineteen year old gis getting ready to get on the plane and knowing that they're going to be jumping out really close to the ground with massive machine gun fire, and they may not live another hour. And knowing what they were facing, they'd they get it with with eyes opened and in a heart full of love for America?
Speaker 7: Is everybody had to try?
Speaker 4: A sad looking out o here of Favid answer yes, and.
Speaker 7: And the story he tatory, I see us, It's time decline and hook.
Speaker 4: And he had cology. Oh holy, what the hell?
Speaker 2: A way to die?
Speaker 4: Gory ory one a hell the way to die? Carry on, hell the way to die. He hates COLOGI, No, it's lone, be found in lone.
Speaker 7: You waited, follow the shot, you sl you have the cold, you have the awful troll, the sit THRONI his missleves till.
Speaker 4: Oh rot trod.
Speaker 7: Is that.
Speaker 4: Cos O recall me? Will recalled re water the light die, Oh recalled Rene. He had cons