Speaker 1: Welcome into jags am here in not so sunny but beautiful England as we are presented by Jet Home Loans. Today, you guys were on location, not the Honday Studios, but Honday Studios on location and it's pretty much as good as this is going to get for environments.
Speaker 2: It's at least in terms for practice.
Speaker 3: Ranberry Studios sounds almost the same there studios.
Speaker 1: Yes, John, I know you don't like to be away from home, but we're doing okay.
Speaker 2: Right, this is awesome. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Look at this. We got positive job today. I'm excited. All right, let's get into our big things right away. Big thing number one this week is going to be Josh Allen. And this week Josh Allen can mean two different people, because as we know, we have our Josh Allen and this week we're gonna be facing off against Bill's quarterback Josh Allen and that will not be a light test because what we've seen from him the last couple of weeks, Brian has been him at peak form.
Speaker 3: Well you know, he threw the three interceptions on opening night against the Jets and everyone said, while, oh, there's Josh Allen. He's regressing since then he's throwing eight touchdowns in one interception, completed seventy seven percent of his passes, and oh, by the way, these Bills have scored thirty eight, thirty seven, and forty one points or partly forty eight points for an average of forty one. You name it. They're doing it well, especially on offense. And Josh Allen is playing like an MVP right now.
Speaker 2: Well, when he's right, he's as good as any quarterback in the league, including Mahomes, mainly because he has that running ability where he can just run through guys. His issue over the years has been every once in a while he has a game much like Week one, where you say, oh, you know, there's that guys. It's a very dangerous task and they need again for the Jaguars Josh Allen to be the best Josh Allen on the field, which a couple years ago.
Speaker 3: You know, there's there. You can look at numbers, you know, six six, two fifty looks different on some people. This is a big If you stand next to him on Sunday at any point, you will see he looks like an offensive tackle, right. I mean, he's not quite as heavy as an offensive tackle, but He's just massive, broad shoulders, long arms. When he's in the pocket, he's very difficult to bring down. And more so than that, when he gets up a full head of steam, he's not scared to put his shoulder down and push through someone to get to the first down marker. He is as dangerous a quarterback as there is.
Speaker 1: John. Are we going to see another example of the battle of the Josh Allen's like we saw last time, where our Josh Allen had a day?
Speaker 2: Well, you sure hope. So, I mean I got a question a couple of days ago about you know, well the Jaguar used the same strategy that they did two years ago. Well, they're not gonna want to use the nine point game, so.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna hold those guys to six.
Speaker 2: Well I don't think they're gonna winn to score nine either, So I don't think they used the offensive game plan. But if they can have a game plan where Josh Allen Jaguars, Josh Allen is disruptive and somehow get the Bills Josh Allen into one of those days where he forces something where he just does stuff he doesn't wanted to. That's what you want, and this Josh Allen mean the Jaguars this year, there's no reason to think he's not going to play well right now. So I think there's a chance.
Speaker 3: You could absolutely see Josh Allen and Josh Allen. But I think it's more likely if the Jaguars win on Sunday that you see Travon Walker's name coming into it, because they desperately need more pressure from him off the other edge, and you know, while we're at it, the guy's pushing the pocket on Sunday could really help force him to step out and give them a better chance. But they really need Travon Walker to come through on Sunday because you know, the Bills are going to slide the protection towards Josh Allen, knowing what he did to them two years ago and knowing what he did a week ago.
Speaker 1: Our big thing number two this week is going to be cavalry because we've got some help coming back this week. Cam has been taken off of the suspension list, so he's back practicing. He could be available to play this week, say Jones, is a potential possibility at Agnew's working his way back. When you look at that, is that hopeful for us? I mean, I know, things aren't going great on the offensive side of the ball right now, but some people are coming back.
Speaker 2: It's always better to have your guys than not have your guys. And I do think Cam Robinson, if he can play left tackle, will matter. It would enable him to move Walk a little somewhere and help everybody. When Cam was suspended, there was this overall feeling of, well, his contract might be up at the end of the season, let's move Walker a little there, don't worry about maybe even trick, you know, Brian, When guys are starters and five or six year starters in the NFL, they're that for a reason. Cam matters this offensive line on the field and off the field.
Speaker 3: Well, the reason the conversation about the salary cap came up is because he's got a twenty three million dollar cap figure next year, one of four players over twenty three million dollars, and they have to pay a quarterback, maybe a quarnerback, maybe a pass rusher. So that's why that conversation came up. And honestly, the inside of the line has been so effective that they need Cam back so they can move Walker little in And I'm going to talk about that to a greater degree coming up with this or that. So I'll talk more about the fact that you get Jay Jones potentially back this week. He's such a clutch guy for the quarterback and we haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. He's always seemingly there when he needs them, and it's not just like the dump off, it's oh, there's a twenty two yards down the field on third and nine. And not having him the last two weeks, the offense has seemed a bit out of rhythm. Not that Zay Jones is the heartbeat of the offense, but he's more important than people give him credit for. We talk about Christian Kirk, Evan Ingram, Calvin Ridley, Travis, etn. Zay Jones is no less important than any of them when you look at the overall flow of the offense, and I think it's big one other guy. And I don't know who's back this week, but we could hear today from the head coach that he is going to be activated to the twenty one day practice window. Was Duwan Smoot And we've talked about the practice and the pass rush. That would be an interesting one where we can find that up this morning.
Speaker 1: Antonio Johnson's been practicing as well, so there's a lot of names of different people that'll be coming back in the coming week. So that's something to keep an eye on for sure. Our final big thing today is second of four because the second of the four big AFC matchups that they have this season. Obviously Kansas City was one of them the Bills this week, and then we'll have Cincinnati and the Ravens a little bit later on in the season, and of the AFC elites, right, that's kind of where you measure yourself up against them. John I know we'll go into a little bit of the Kansas City versus this game with the Bills, but it's always good to see where you're at against the team you know we'll be around in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know, I think of the two games that they played in London last week really mattered. I think that had more of a must feel than this game it has. If you dropped to two and three, you don't want to drop to two and three, But if you dropped to two and three, you've got the Colts next week and you still fight, you it's still within range. If you drop this game, This is more of a measuring state game. It's one of four or five. Don't forget Frisco is in there too at the AFC, but a monster game. So this is one of those, and you would like to get it. If you don't get it, it's not the end of the world. Don't love the chances that the Bills play well because Bills are at such a high level right now. It's not knocking the Jaguars. Bills might be the best team in football right now.
Speaker 3: I think they are, which is why I think this is interesting because with Kansas City, you know how they like to play, and you've been close. I mean, you can go back and look last November, last January, this game that we just saw in September, and now you get a completely different Bills team than this club has seen in a while. Two years ago, they were coming off of a big win in Kansas City on a Sunday night, and I thought we'd see that powerhouse Bills team. We didn't. For whatever reason. They were completely ineffective. They were totally flat that day. It was a nine to six game. I expect that we're going to see on Sunday those Bills that put forty eight points up against the Dolphins, that powerhouse football team, and I want to know how this team matches up.
Speaker 1: Sure, I think we will definitely see some of that on Sunday here on jags Am. One of our sponsors, Fields Auto Group, Jacksonville, Step up to Luxury Fields Auto dot Com. We'll be right back talking a little bit more about what's going on in the division in the AFC South. So we're back here on jags Am this morning on location in London as the team prepares for their second game abroad, as they'll take on the Buffalo Bills this week. But we're gonna check in around the AFC South see what everybody else is doing, because everybody's tied it two and two right now, so the playing field is up for grabs and the lead is up for grabs, I guess. Depending on this week, we're gonna start it with the Titans, who just beat down on the Bengals, which I don't know if it says more about them or says more about where the Bengals are at right now, if they're just falling apart or what's going on there. But it's it's crazy to say this.
Speaker 3: League is so interesting because two weeks ago the Cleveland Browns just took apart the Titans. They couldn't do anything right and they beat them twenty seven to three. Then you go get a team that many consider to be a favorite in the AFC this year in Cincinnati, and they did everything right and they beat them twenty seven to three. Right, I mean, which team is it? I'll say this, they got a big game from Derrick Henry, which is what has powered them. It's made Ryan Tannehill so effective since he joined them in twenty nineteen. If they can continue to get that, we'll see the good Titans. On the days where he's bottled up, it's all on Tannehill in his arm, and they don't have the receivers necessarily to take over a game. But when the running game works, man, they're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it really is a week to week league in the AFC South. Two long standing NFL truce have comeing to me week to weekly leagues one of them. And you just don't know what the league is until about five or six weeks in. Are the Titans that team? I don't think we know yet. I've said all along though, count them out at your own peril under Mike Vrabel, this team always seems to have three and one, two and two to start, and then they get it together. If they stay healthy, they're always dangerous. Out of the teams in the division. The Titans to me to still feel like the team because of that element and they know who they are. They always feel dangerous until they're eliminade.
Speaker 3: He's a veteran coach and a guy who always seems to have a murder to go.
Speaker 1: Always seems to find a way he does elsewhere in the division. The Texans man handled the Steelers, and again the Texans are starting to show a little something, maybe sooner than we expect it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, CJ. Stroud is coming out of the gates like Ben Roethlisberger did, right, Only Ben Roethlisberger had Jerome Pettis and an excellent defense and they don't necessarily have all the weapons around. So he's been really impressive and very composed. I still don't think he's throwing an interception, which is remarkable for a rookie quarterback. I think that meltdown moment is probably coming, but that's only you know, based on a longstanding history in the league of it happening to every rookie quarterback. I wet it didn't happen to Ben. He won eleven games in a row. So Stroud is either going to have his letdown or he's going to be Ben Roethlisberger, which is not a good sign for the Jags in the division. It means he's gonna be for a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the Texans are okay. I think the Jaguars played poorly against him, so I think that gave the Texans a chance to look really good in Jackson and not taking the victory away from him, but they looked really good in that game because the Jaguars looked really bad. I sort of wonder if the Steelers aren't sort of maybe they should be in AFC South because they've been up and down, up and down. Yeah, So I don't know if we can figure out yet what the Steelers are to say that the Texans are a power, but they're sure not in that bottom five of the league that people thought they were aforehand. They're more tough to figure for me than the Titans. I don't quite believe they're great, but they're better than we thought.
Speaker 3: Well, Jamika Ryans is getting a lot of credit in Houston, as they should for the job that he has done coaching, and he's got that defense playing better than their talent would seem to indicate. It's interesting because Mike Tomlin, who is as tough a tough guy as there is in the league, was all over his team postgame and early this week about the fact that they got manhandled by the Texas. The Steelers are not used to being the team that is pushed all over the field, especially not with a big power back like Najie Harris, but teams have done it to them, and the Texans did on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Very interesting the people that were taking that quarterback in Pittsburgh over Trevor Lawrence. Right about now, we're gonna check out the Colts. That's our final thing in the AFC South. They lost a close one in overtime to the Rams this week, and they're gonna be the opponent we see when we head back to Jacksonville, and they look like they're putting some things together as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like it's gonna be a big game. I mean, it's going to be a chance, no matter what happens on Sunday for the Jaguars to get two games over division rivals, so it's gonna be key. I think most people thought Brian before the season that if you played Minshew over Anthony Richardson, it would give the Colts a better chance for the short term. It would be interesting if they win Sunday and they go into Jacksonville and if they can get to a certain number of wins, do they stick with Minshew, you know, because they think they've got something right now, or they go back to him. I have no idea the answer to that.
Speaker 3: Well, Richardson played last week against the Rams.
Speaker 2: Well that shows me I was over in London.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he played against the Rams and he played well and got them a chance to get back into the ball game. So I imagine they'll they'll stay with him. What's interesting is if you go back to opening Day, the Jaguars offensive line played very poorly, inconsistently. Phil Rauscher would say against that Colt's defensive front, which is why they need to make some adjustments to the offensive line and get it right with Cam Robinson back, because if you're gonna beat the Cults, you're gonna have to control the line of scrimmage. They didn't do a good job of that on opening day, and it'll be a measuring stick for the offensive line if they're ready to go and play them when we get back to Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do some more offensive line talk when we come back here on Jags Am. Stay with us, and we got this or that coming up after the break.
Speaker 4: Y'all look good man, I'm great great, Y'll look good Man's pistol formation.
Speaker 5: Play fake Trevor rolling left fire that's caught by to Evan Ingram. He's got a forty five in the falcon serratory along the air sideline.
Speaker 3: Hey, why don't be a doll?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: Whyn't be a doll?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: Sit down, big fella, sit down, get your rest all right?
Speaker 3: Why the fight, man? Why the fight? Bro?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 3: You step up? Way to step up?
Speaker 2: All day?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: That was big Tom brother.
Speaker 1: Miked up for us this week in that game at Wembley Stadium. I found out we are three and oh when Evan is miked up. So we should do that a little bit more.
Speaker 3: I think right put one on him permanently.
Speaker 2: Was that the play where they were still singing sweet? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He talked about that.
Speaker 2: That was fantastic. It was so funny.
Speaker 1: He was like, Yeah, I knew they're coming to me and I couldn't hear anything or the snap, so I just kind.
Speaker 2: Of ran ritz love sweet cairline.
Speaker 1: Oh they sure do, which I didn't know outside of Boston, but apparently it's very popular here in the UK as well. So we're going to get to our price dot Com this or that today, Brian, do you want to kick us off? What's your this or that for?
Speaker 3: Else? The Jaguars have a rare opportunity because you've got a starting left tackle who is coming off suspension, You've got a left tackle who has started in his place who has played well, and you've got a valuable reserve who is extremely close with this quarterback. So do you make the wholesale changes? I assume John, like you have been saying that we're going to see Walker little slide inside and Cam into the lineup. But I'm saying because Luke Fortner has not played well this year. He just hasn't. And the thought was he would get stronger, and he hasn't because he's getting pushed at the line of scrimmage and that is throwing off the timing of the offense. As far as I can tell So I would make the whole sale change. I take Shylo Shatley, who has played center here at a very high level for them when they have needed it, move him to center, put Walker Little in at left guard, and I would put Cam Robbinson at left tackle. And I know you're going to say that the quarterback centers thing is important, continuity all that, But Tyler Shatley is he and Trevor are very tight, right, They share the same agent, they share the same pastor, they share the same alum you know, Alma mater. I mean, these guys are tight, and I think he's a calming factor for Trevor Lawrence. So I would go ahead and make the wholesale change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I certainly wouldn't rule that out. I don't think we'll have a great idea if that's gonna happen or not, maybe U till game time because they do. I would not rule it out. Because of Shatley's strength and they have gotten too much push on the interior. I don't think it would be a bad idea. The counter argument against it would be, as you say, there is some continuity not only with quarterback, both offensive line calls that teams don't like to change centers unless they have to. I think it's a fascinating storyline all season. I mean all week, though, Ryan.
Speaker 1: I'm curious if Cam will get in immediately because there's still some speculation about whether he'll be ready to go. He's been around the team, but he hasn't been practicing yet, so I think he will be.
Speaker 3: But he wasn't a great shape in August and they were unhappy with him. He needed to get he needed to dial it in while he was away. From what I've heard right from people in the building last week is that he looks good okay.
Speaker 2: And my guess with Cam is he probably knew he wasn't going to need to be ready until now. He's a veteran knows how to get his body ready. I would guess that's the case. We'll see.
Speaker 1: That's what i've heard, all right, John, what's here this or that for us this week in terms of kind of a tough test.
Speaker 2: Well tougher test of the Kansas City Chiefs, who you would think would have been the toughest test of the season, being the defending Super Bowl champions, and they're brutally tough no matter what or the Buffalo Bills in Week five before the season, I think most people would have said the Chiefs. And this is nothing against the Chiefs, but when they came in, Brian, you remember, Travis Kelcey wasn't quite up to speed, Chris Jones. They had great games, but they didn't feel like the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 2: Whatever the Bills are, they feel like the Bills. So I think this it's hard to imagine the Jaguars this season facing a team coming in hotter. Something you said earlier sort of triggered me thinking they had played the Chiefs, so they sort of knew what to expect. We sort of knew the matchups to watch. With the Bills. I don't think anything that happened two years ago really was this week. I have no idea what to expect. I do expect that this team, meaning the Jaguars, needs to score at least twenty eight to win this game, maybe more. You can see the defense holding them into the twenties. I don't know if they're gonna hold them into the teams. So I think we need to see the Jaguars offense that we thought we were gonna see this season.
Speaker 3: All right, So I think I think it's by far. I think Buffalo and people will take this as an offense towards Kanasit. They don't mean it that way. They beat you with scheme. They beat you by putting wide receivers in the pattern that you can't possibly cover, and a quarterback that you can't possibly stop. These guys just overpower you with a line of scrimmage. He realized they're averaging forty one points a game the last three games, and the Jaguars are scored forty two points in the last three games. They're holding their opponents to only eight. This is a game of power and they are just giving it to people. A number that I came across. Number one. We've talked about the Jags red zone problems. The Jaguars have nine red zone possessions, they have four touchdowns and three field goals nine They've scored one touchdown in their last six trips to the red zone since opening day. The Bills have nineteen and they've scored thirteen touchdowns and five field goals. And they're doing it with the power. So I say this is a much greater test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miami was the flavor of the week last season.
Speaker 3: I mean I can't sit. They get you with more guys than you can cover.
Speaker 2: But the Bills I think are only eleven points behind Miami in terms of in terms of total scoring this season. The Bills might be the flavor of the season. You know, we said did their flavor of the week and it's TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know you're really good at too, John. I just want to point out we talked earlier about how good a league is week to week, and we talked about Tennessee giving up, you know, winning twenty seventy three one week and then losing twenty seventy three. How about this the Dolphins scored seventy and then give up fifty? Yeah, right, how good are you week to week? They're good? But are they as good as the Bills?
Speaker 1: I don't know, all right, My this or that this week is going to be part of the players returning. If you know, we have at this point on Wednesday, we don't know if Cam is going to start this weekend, that's definitely a possibility. And then Zay Jones from all accounts was expected to possibly be available for this game against the Bills. So if you can only have one, which one would you rather have?
Speaker 2: Back?
Speaker 1: First, and who's a bigger you know, has a bigger impact. I guess right out of the gate, Cam ER's day.
Speaker 2: It's tough because, as Brian said earlier in the show, Zay matters a lot, and I think he gets overlook because they have so many receivers. I'm gonna go with Cam because the offensive line has been such a struggle. I don't know that I love the pick, but I think for this week, I go with Cam.
Speaker 3: Brian, well, I'm gonna go with Cam as well. You know, because Cam strengthens two positions at once. Right, he strengthens left tackle, and he also strengthens left guard. And that's not a knock on the way that that that Uh Walker played left actle. He played well, but you're bringing in a veteran guy and he strengthens two positions at once, And so I'll say Cam. Though if za plays, I mean I expect him to make a couple of critical third down catches. So it's it's it's a toss.
Speaker 2: Up, and that's really where they've missed him man Zay. In the big moments, Uh Trevor, everybody talks about the continuity and the timing that he has with Christian Kirk, it's not that far behind his day.
Speaker 3: Well, the catch he made on that on that drive to set up the game tying field goal against Dallas last year, it was just so good. It was so indicative of how clutch he can be. And I want to see hi back in the lineup a quoite as possible. I know Trevor does.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be selfish. Hopefully both of them will come back this week and then we won't have to choose one or the other. All right, say with us, We'll be right back. We'll preview the rest of the week here on Jacks Am.
Speaker 3: And we ickle like dead tours.
Speaker 2: And he's coming, and he's coming.
Speaker 6: What a great read by Darius Williams. He literally jumped around in front of the wide receiver Drake London. This is the first interception that Darius Williams has had since going all the way back to November of twenty twenty, and what a big moment to get it when his team needed is on the road at Wembley and now they're having fun group celebrations in the Amazon.
Speaker 3: Great job in lock room before we bought to play. No, I know I remember that.
Speaker 6: I said, I got the hardest celebration and he's coming in a room, turn around, fall.
Speaker 3: Out and to go right. That's who I said, road, No, it's not for the kids.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety five, that's what the kids did. It's for the kids, guys.
Speaker 3: That fun stuff.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Really, So we were going to look into it, do our investigative powers. We found out Zay is the achena of the Toy Story celebration idea. Evan Ingram apparently not a fan, but it went overwhel with everybody else.
Speaker 3: How could you not be a fan after watching how good that Toy Story broadcast was? It was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Cool and I love to see anything different. Anybody get everybody else engaged and it's fun. Why not let's try it out a little bit more.
Speaker 3: You know, the reason they do those things is to grab the kids attention. Right, it's such a cluttered media world. My eighteen and nineteen year old we're talking about it, so cookerse they grew up watching it. So I know you said your son did too.
Speaker 2: Oh, no doubt. And what a cool thing for Zay to embrace it and make sure it happened. And then now the defensive players to get into it. They really are a bunch of kids sometimes and that's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool. See all right, We're going to be here for the rest of the week in England. We've got regular media day schedule, so we'll update you in get you ready for Sunday's game against the Bills throughout the week. We'll see you tomorrow on Jack's Am.