Speaker 1: Welcome everyone.
Speaker 2: It is the Local Toy Dealers KSR postgame show. It's a late night again, but this time not as much fun as the last one. The Cats go down ninety nine to seventy in the quarterfinals at the SEC Tournament, a fairly terrible performance by the Cats that leads to a disappointing twenty nine point defeat, the largest defeat for Kentucky in their SEC Tournament history. You can give us a shout. Look, it's late at night. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you. Anybody that calls tonight, I'm gonna go ahead and say you're my friend. Because even I when I was listening to postgame shows before I did them, I would stay.
Speaker 1: Up pretty late.
Speaker 2: This would be the kind of game that you probably wouldn't offense. If you do, I'm gonna be happy with you. Eight five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. And because I'm going to air a grievance at the end of this segment, if you call, I'll let you aeric grievance.
Speaker 1: It's late at night.
Speaker 2: If you got something that annoys you, now at the time to say it. The performance tonight by Kentucky was you know, first half okay, especially when you consider that you didn't have Lamont Butler and Oway was out for most of the first half because of the shot he took to the face and basically missed nearly all the first half. After the first few minutes, it was a great star for Kentucky. Scored fourteen points in six minutes, but then the last thirty four only get fifty six. And defensively, you know, the Cats just could not. They have been able to stop by Alabama all year, even when they had their closest to a full team, and then tonight it got really out of hand. I was very disappointed with the play in the second half, not because we lost. I thought we were down seven at half time, but had actually played pretty admirably for a lot of it. But second half just really really terrible. I mean, able to handle the pressure, poor decision making and bad shots, raw people taking shots. You know, it was just it was a bad performance. And it's tough because you'd like to just throw it out. I think we will, collectively as a fan base, kind of throw it out. We're not gonna I don't think Kentucky fans are gonna rewatch this game. But the tournament is next week and you only get one shot and you can't have a game like this. Then Now we did get some good news tonight. It looks like Lamont Butler will play in the NCAA tournament. So that's good. I think you can't help but have more confidence there. It gives Kentucky a lot more options. He's obviously our best defender. So all that's good news.
Speaker 1: But you know, we'll.
Speaker 2: Probably just put this to the side. But that was a really disappointing second half. And I think you could hear it Mark Pope's voice in the postgame show. I'm not sure I've ever heard him sound that. I don't know what you would call it. Defeated in some ways. I mean, I don't think it was very short sort of terse answers to Tom Leech. I don't think he was rude to him, but he was. It wasn't the Mark Pope that we're used to hearing. And he said, I think Leach asked him some kind of question about not having Butler, not having O Way, and he said, we got to play better with the guys that are in regardless, and it didn't happen in the second half. You know, they had a lot of moments where they were playing all three freshmen. That's something I bet you he did not think was going to happen at any time this year, and it was happening in the SEC tournament.
Speaker 1: We had no one, including Oway, who.
Speaker 2: Could stop Sears off the dribble, who could stop the other card file on. We just had no chance, none. And in the second half they started hitting threes, which they didn't hit in the first half, which made it really ugly. So rather than sitting dwell on it, where do we go from here? You get Lamont Butler back, you still have ol Way, you have Brea car and Williams. I still think that is an Elite eight level starting five, maybe even you know, I don't know if we can beat these four or five best teams in the country, but I think that is an Elite eight level starting five. I think our bench is not Elite eight level. So those top five guys are gonna have to play great. None of them can have bad games, and they're probably gonna have to play a lot of minutes. The young guys can maybe have spot moments, but they are not ready for this level, and so you're gonna have five guys against the world. The Braget's gonna come out. I think there's a good chance for a three seed. Wouldn't shot me if we dropped to a four, but I think we'll probably be a three, especially now that the tournament committee will know that Butler is gonna be playing, and we'll open with a fourteen. It'll be somebody like Montana or Utah Valley, you know, someone like that, and then we'll get a six seed that will be probably a difficult game, and we've got to come out and we're gonna have to play in that second game, assuming we win the first one, and then if we get to Sweet sixteen. I don't know about you all, but I will take it as all gravy after that. But we've played well enough this year and in the tournament that we're going to play two teams that are seated below us to get to the sweet sixteen. That makes it a doable proposition. And now I hope they can go and do it. I think with the roster they have with Butler healthy, it can be done. But they can't have performances like tonight, and they honestly can't have players who don't play well I didn't think this was the greatest tournament for you know, Mari Williams made a lot of free throws, but I was a little disappointed with his effort tonight. I was you know, Alway didn't play well, but he did have the injury. You know, the freshmen just aren't good enough at this point. But all that puts the side. You got five guys, you go play in the NCAA tournament and we'll see what happens. Eight two eighty seven, Billy, I'm going to allow people, since this is a frustrating night and we don't want to just say over and over how bad we played. I'm going to allow people to they can make their comment on the game, and then they can talk about something that they really don't like.
Speaker 1: Billy.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna like, like a pet peet, not something serious like I don't want to hear what you think about, like the economy or I'm talking about like you know, not serious things.
Speaker 1: You don't like. And here's mine. Okay, do you have YouTube TV? Bill? I do. Yeah. I don't like.
Speaker 2: I've decided I don't like the moments of zend Or, at least I don't like the some of the moments.
Speaker 3: Of zen Oh really, yeah, I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: I don't because I find the moments of zen a. I don't know if this happens to you. They're louder than the rest of the show. That's not very sin like the fact that it's louder than the actual broadcast.
Speaker 3: The boat one with the water in the back.
Speaker 1: Water is so loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the water is so loud when I'm going through Venice there on my little gondola.
Speaker 1: Right again, for people don't have YouTube thro TV, they don't know what we're talking about. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't like the otter that looks like it's dead floating in the water. Now people are telling me that that's like an otter and it's baby, and they're like nursing. First of all, that's more intimate than I need on my YouTube TV. But I can't tell one otter from the other on my screen. And it looks like a dead floating otter in the water.
Speaker 3: It doesn't soothe and relax you when you see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then last night they just kept showing a view from the top of Paris, right like, how many times can I look at.
Speaker 1: That Eiffel Tower. You know, I get it, that's Paris. I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm on a gondola with really loud water, and I get that this beaver otter is sitting there dead in the water.
Speaker 1: But I don't find it very zen like. Billy, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Would you rather watch a commercial because that's what it's replacing.
Speaker 2: If it'll at least be the same volume as the broadcast, that would be better. So I like the idea of moments of zen like they used to show, like like a jungle right and it was like you'd hear birds, But I don't, you know, watching a dead beaver float in the water, just to me is not very zen like.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get him to turn it down a little bit and maybe you'll at least work.
Speaker 1: On the volume, okay, if nothing else arievance? Sure? Why not? Well? Why not?
Speaker 3: Okay? I hate auto flush toilets. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Really? Like where you just get up and then it yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm doing my business and then I get up. I don't need to know that to you know, you get some toilet paper and to wipe, and it starts flushing. The toilet and all those germs go right up my butt.
Speaker 1: All right, that that's too graphic. We you didn't need to give me that level.
Speaker 3: I mean, they got to fix it so it goes off when I'm done.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought you were gonna be a little better than that. Uh, if you didn't see the games tonight. Besides ours, the lane violation in the North Carolina game, should they have called that?
Speaker 1: You think?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Would you have called that? Billy?
Speaker 2: They were gonna they may miss the NCAA tournament because of an unemp you know, a non important lane violation.
Speaker 1: Would you have called it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in the rule book. You can't dictate the last minute of the game different than the other part.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would have let that be the call that separated the game, but they did, and I feel bad for that kid.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be really hard for him.
Speaker 2: Also, Creighton beats Yukon, so it'll be Craton and Saint John's and the Big East Final. There was also nearly a fight at the end of it as well. You'll have Louisville gets a win, unfortunately, so it is Duke and Louisville LOUISLLS never made the a SEC Championship game, and they make it this year, and they'll play a duke team without Cooper Flag, so they have a real decent chance of winning that game. And in the Big Twelve, it's what Arizona and Texas Tech is that who I think it is in the finals.
Speaker 1: So there you go. As far as the SEC.
Speaker 2: Two great games tomorrow with with Tennessee and Auburn and Alabama and Florida. Unfortunately none of them involve US. Eight five, nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. Will take your calls and get through this night together and then go to bed and get ready for the bracket show. This is the Local Toy Dealers KSR post game Show. This is the Local Toy Dealers KSR postgame Show. Eight five to nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Texas Machine is seven seven two seven four five two five four One person rights, Matt, How could you go through the first segment and not even mentioned the officiating.
Speaker 1: It was some of the worst that I've seen. I mean, it was.
Speaker 2: Bad, but you know we lost by thirty and as I said after the Old Miss game, I'm not going to when you lose by thirty, say that any of it has to do with officiating.
Speaker 1: I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Non call on the way shot to the face didn't make any sense. The continuation thing that they didn't give them Mari didn't make sense. I mean we you know, there's a lot of things that didn't make sense. But we lost by thirty and a lot of the times, even in the first half when it was a seven point game at halftime, I felt like we were kind of hanging on the whole time. So, yeah, the officiating was bad. I think I even tweeted during the game that the officiating was bad. But that's not why we lost. And even though it is bad, and I thought tonight was maybe even particularly bad, we just got our our tails kicked and that's what happened.
Speaker 1: So all right, who's up first, Josh, Josh? Go ahead, Josh?
Speaker 5: Hey man, what's up? Man? H No, I think the vis shaking had nothing to do with it. We were just Alabama's got you know, five sixth NBA players we have done but uh.
Speaker 6: It's it's crazy.
Speaker 5: We have you know, Butler and Jackson out and then we got o Way going the locker room with his lips in half and then we got Car on the bike with his brace on. But uh, I'm just gonna be happy when we get to the NCAA tournament and we don't have to play in the SCC team. Maybe we get the first and second round without having to play a football game on the court. But uh, that was crazy. We got blood on the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is.
Speaker 2: This has been as physical, and I appreciate the calling its physical league as we've ever seen. It's been as talented a league as we've ever seen. It's a very athletic league. And we also have had an insane amount of injuries. I mean, basically, you know, you lose Robinson for the year, We've had Butler taken out number of different times. Car you know, has the back issue throughout away, gets you know, knocked.
Speaker 1: In the face. I mean, there's just it's just one thing after another after another after another, and it's been really really, really really bad luck for Kentucky.
Speaker 2: But when it comes time for the tournament, we will have the closest team we can have to a full roster. We're basically going to have everyone but Jackson Robinson, and so we'll see what happens. I mean, I'm not ready to give up on it, even though today is disheartened and he didn't give us a grievance.
Speaker 1: There, so you still can do that. By the way, I have on the CBS.
Speaker 2: Sports Network because Colorado State's playing Utah State and they have a literal giant on the screen, Billy they just went off. I think that's Roy Hibbert and he looks to be on that set nine feet tall.
Speaker 3: Now, the former Indiana pacer Roy Hibbert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's him. I don't know, but I can tell you next to John Rostein and Jerry Palm.
Speaker 1: He looks very very tall. Who's next?
Speaker 3: Keith is next?
Speaker 1: Keith? Go ahead? Keith?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Well, first the important part YouTube TV. Oh my god, I have teenagers and my wife were watching the game and we have to put it on mute. And I don't know what it is. Do they not have commercial advertisers?
Speaker 2: I don't understand why, Like, I don't get how that works either. Did they just I mean that presumably people buy commercials during the games. Do they just not show them? Or is YouTube, which I would assume is a multi national, billion plus dollar corporation.
Speaker 1: Can they not sell ads?
Speaker 2: And can we at least rotate it to where I don't have to see that stupid koala look behind his back or anymore, like just get new ones. I don't know, it's it does. The opposite is in for me. I'm gonna be honest with.
Speaker 8: You that that is exactly what I'm telling my family. I thought the dead I thought, I don't believe.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: I looked at multiple times because they said it was a nursing and a baby, and I don't see two otters there.
Speaker 1: I see a dead floating order. I don't care what they say.
Speaker 8: Appuche uh to the game, I actually thought. I thought. I thought Travis Perry was solid. He had a couple of turnovers. Guess what, Wellamut Butler has many turnovers. O Way has many turnovers. We just we couldn't hit anything, and then we were only close in the first half because they didn't hit anything. In the second half, they actually hit stuff. So that's that was the difference.
Speaker 7: Let's and.
Speaker 8: Get Butler back and see what happens. That's all I got to say.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I appreciate the call. I mean, we were in it the first game first half because they didn't hit and you know, we shot twenty three percent again from three. I mean we you know, we we continue to not shoot well from three, which is so odd because they were so good early in the year shooting from outside. You know, I hesitate to criticize like the young guys because they shouldn't have to play as much as they're playing. But you know, Travis Perry just I mean, he's not gonna be able to guard any of those dudes. And then when he is in a position where he has to create offense, which when you consider who we had on the floor, I guess he did, He's just not He's not good enough right now for that. And so you it's a men against boys thing. I mean, Colin Chandler, who's had some good games, this was not one of them. I thought Noah was okay, but like again, there was a there was a play where he had the guy boxed out completely and the other dudes just more athletic, just jumps over his head and gets it. I mean, I you know, you can play one of those guys or maybe even two, but you can't play three because you just it's it's like you're you know, they're just not good enough.
Speaker 1: I mean, at the end of the day, they're just not good enough.
Speaker 2: And when you're playing a team like Alabama, you can you can't have that. So it is what it is. There's just a huge talent description and then I don't think we played well. So if there's a huge talent discrepancy and you don't play well, you get a result like this. This was just like the Old Miss game. I mean, these were very similar results. It's just Old Miss was a very good defensive team and this was a very good offensive team.
Speaker 1: So who's up next, Ethan? How are you? Ethan?
Speaker 9: Hey man, how's it going good?
Speaker 4: I have a statement and then something that's rant worthy. So my statement is as hard as it is tonight. I'm gonna stay pretty pretty positive. Of all the teams in college, I think that's the number two team that we probably don't want to see this time of year, Auburn being first.
Speaker 1: I think it might be number one. I think it might be number one.
Speaker 2: I think Auburn's better than they are, but I just think we just I do not know how we could score enough points to beat these guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, they scored.
Speaker 2: Over ninety against US three times, just so you know, that's the first time in the history of college basketball we've allowed any team to score over ninety against US three times.
Speaker 1: Of a year. Right.
Speaker 4: And then, like I said, before the season even started, you know, we were saying, cope was gonna have or consider it a successful season if we even made it to the tournament and we're at worst case scenario four seed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I mean, listen again, overall, and I'm with you overall, I'm happy with this year assuming we win a game in the NCAA and we can't lose to another double digit seed in the first game. What was your rant? Uh?
Speaker 4: So, and this goes across every sport inste ever existed, But we've got to stop these endgame coach interviews, whether it's half times or time, because it's like stupid, Hey, what happened in the first half? All they scored more points than like, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: No especially the ones. Yeah, the ones in the half make no sense to me. I don't even know why they do those. Uh the coaches clearly hated. The reporter doesn't even really know what to ask. I agree with you, there's who's asking for that.
Speaker 1: There's no reason to do that, right, right, I appreciate it. Thanks, appreciate the call. Two eighty seven.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why did they start doing them Billy during the half? Like the halftime ones sometimes aren't bad, but why why do they do them during the half?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. It just seems like the coaches hate doing it though.
Speaker 2: We're sitting there waiting, and we're sitting there waiting on an update on O Way and they interrupt the update to have her ask uh, pope, like, how's the game going. I just it doesn't really seem I don't really know what that accomplishes. Who's up next?
Speaker 3: You know, Myron does a lot of that, doesn't he Sideline College?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean he's not the one. I mean, they've clearly made a conscious decision to set up those interviews, and I don't really know why they do that. But go ahead, Lance, Lance, Go ahead, Lance.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I have a statement and then a pet peeve. The statement is I'm not disappointed in losing at all. I mean, going to the game without Butler, I didn't expect to win, but it just seemed like they quit early in the second half, and that was kind of disheartening to see to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And.
Speaker 11: Pet Peeve is, I cannot stand when people incorrectly use the forms of the word you're in two in sentences.
Speaker 1: Oh, you mean when they spell it wrong like why.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, when they spell when they spell it wrong like a text or an email or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if there's one thing that is consistent, I would say forty percent of all the tweets that tell me I am a you know, stupid liberal or whatever use your incorrectly. They will say, why you are a stupid liberal? That that happens all the time. So you're exactly right. Two being to or too that one you don't see as much. But I agree with you, that's a pretty egregious error too. Yep, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I agree. I like those. I think those are those are very good.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many times I've gotten the phrase in the last twenty years, Billy, you're stupid while you are stupid.
Speaker 1: Literally the amount of time. And it's from all different forms. It can be political.
Speaker 2: It could be Tennessee fans, it can be Arkansas fans, Louisville fans, but that you're stupid while you are or you're an idiot or you're a snowflake or whatever, and they the amount of times that that is then while you are is pretty astounding.
Speaker 3: Who's next, Billy, Billy?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Billy. Oh my goodness, Billy, Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 10: What's that mean?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: I got a big voice.
Speaker 6: I understand, But I'm just saying they act like they're beating the high school team.
Speaker 8: What I would do if I was a ghost.
Speaker 12: Pope, recognize that score that you just got tonight, got your you know, beat up with, and give it back to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think we have the ability to beat them by thirty. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now I'm gonna say, now.
Speaker 8: Right back to him.
Speaker 2: All right, I appreciate the call. That's two cuss words in one call. You you can't cuss twice in one one call, Prize Billy, you even let him do it once? Is it just because it's late at night?
Speaker 3: Feel Yeah, I got the first one. I think I got the second one.
Speaker 2: So whoever, I hope you got the second one. Yeah, no cussing eighty two eighty seven. I mean, I didn't feel like they did anything wrong. I didn't feel like Alabama, you know, I didn't really Maybe they left the starters in a minute longer than I would have. But you know, I say this a lot if you if you don't want that to happen and stop them, but we just didn't have it. So you know, they got a great team that when they lose Sears, they're gonna be different.
Speaker 1: I mean that. You know, we've been a little unfortunate in that.
Speaker 2: Our rivals Auburn with Broom, Alabama Sears, and then Tennessee last year with connect and and uh Chaslnier, although we beat them both times, but both those teams have gotten kind of really unusually good transfers, and in the case of Broom and Sears, they've stayed multiple years. You know that's that's that's hurt us because you get a good transfer and then have him a couple of years like we might with what O way, you really got something.
Speaker 1: H something special. Who's next?
Speaker 3: Skyler, Skyler?
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Skyler, Gyladine Davis, Hey, I want to shout out my cal Poly Mustang from sam Luis Obisvioll California. They're they were they made it to the Big West semifinal.
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 2: I was actually watching I was watching your Cal Poly Mustangs just a little while ago and uh.
Speaker 13: The farthest they've ever they've ever gotten.
Speaker 1: I think it was a good story.
Speaker 2: They were like they came in the tournament like eleven and eighteen and and made it to the semifinals, and uh, they're gonna end up losing, but you're gonna get uc Irvin and U see San Diego playing for a tournament bid and both those teams.
Speaker 14: It's Irvine, Matt, it's Irvine.
Speaker 2: Not listen, you California people. Don't have to act like you know everything. You see Irvine and you see San Diego. Those are both very good teams. And the winner will probably be like a thirteen seed that is very dangerous in the tournament.
Speaker 10: Gonna be good.
Speaker 13: I got an unpopular opinion. Okay, yes, I actually I actually appreciate the YouTube TV shorts and you can come to San Luis Obispo and you can see those otters in more Obey, I invite you come on out.
Speaker 1: Are they do they look dead?
Speaker 7: They do?
Speaker 10: Know, they're they're great, They're great.
Speaker 13: Hey, couple things, Yeah, but that I actually appreciate it more than the drug commercials and seal as well.
Speaker 2: There is I will say I had a woman I know write me and say she doesn't watch a ton of UK games. And she wrote me and said, is it just me? Or is there an insane amount of ED commercials? And I agree with you that it does feel like we're on an insane run of you ED commercials during these games.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: You watch the commercials and you're like, do I need this?
Speaker 2: It convinces you you do? Well, that's interesting, all right. I appreciate the call. Good congrats to your cal Poly slow performance this year. AF I'm nine twenty two eighty seven. Let's take a break. It's late at night. We got our tails whipped. But the NCAA tournament bracket comes out Sunday, and I still feel hope we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: It's a Local Toy Dealers KSR postgame show. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: It is the Local Toy Dealers KSR postgame show. I'm glad to see a lot of people seems to agree with me on the YouTube TV's in commercials. They it seems like I'm not the only one that's not a fan. Nathan says, I hate the AI voices in commercials. Okay, So, Nathan, I want to say something to you I didn't expect by the way during the SEC tournament doing me an airing of grievances show, but we lost that bad. I do have to say to you, Nathan, Here's what I don't understand about the AI voice. All right, In theory AI billy, right, shouldn't it have like all information? Is it that the whole point of it is, like you can Why is there only one voice? Why is every AI commercial the same voice? In theory, shouldn't AI have access to like every voice? Why is it that same voice? All of you know it? You've heard it on a million commercials? Why is that the only AI voice? Why is there only one tone of voice? I can get on ways and get like nine different accents telling me what road to go to, and yet AI it's all that same voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe they want you to know it's AI and that's why they do it that voice.
Speaker 2: But but why would you want I mean, shouldn't you not want people to know it's AI?
Speaker 1: Like the goal is.
Speaker 2: People I don't think want to be read commercials by computers? Right, So in theory, shouldn't it not say shouldn't the AI be so good?
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like gay I? And why would you have the same voice.
Speaker 2: There's only one AI voice and we all you, all of you listening, can hear it in your head.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we'll play a commercial before the show ends with that voice. Why do they do that? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a good question, all right. I did find the YouTube TV zen channel though, which I have on now.
Speaker 1: And Harry, there's there's not a ho it is.
Speaker 3: It's twenty four to seven YouTube TV clip back and forth on a delightful gondola ride and now I'm looking at a koala bear.
Speaker 2: Say it's the same, Like, why don't they put that stupid koala on the gondola then run into the otter in the water.
Speaker 1: That would be much easier and do it in Paris? All right, I'll shut up. Who's next? Eric? Eric? Go ahead? Eric?
Speaker 7: Hey? That unpopular opinion? How do you get the uh the pregame show?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: To host that? I know you do the before? But is there anyone more unsufferable to listen to the Cameron too shot? No?
Speaker 1: I mean I listen those guys.
Speaker 2: You know Cameron's a legend at UK and that he's been doing a long time. I do think they fight too much. If I'm gonna be honest with you. I feel like I'm listening to two old women bicker at the grocery sometimes.
Speaker 1: But uh, you know, I like those guys.
Speaker 7: I love me some dust Baker, I mean literals. For the time I was a kid, I just for some reason I thought he was super cool. But Lord Cameron, he uh he thinks he's uh Chatmanrie incarnate deu just givings. But uh, I wish that you or Ryan or anybody.
Speaker 1: But I used to do it. They got that. They got rid of me.
Speaker 2: If you remember when I when I did Hey Kentucky, they wouldn't let me be on it anymore.
Speaker 1: So so that's okay, I do it. I doing it?
Speaker 7: Are you able to do that?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 7: Beforehand? And I one quick question too, this is this is totally all subject. When you do like you, I'm a big fan when you take a hard break? What who dictates that? Like in the morning shows?
Speaker 1: Like that? Mean?
Speaker 2: So there are because we're on network, right, because we have because we're on the network, that there are breaks that are local breaks, and there are breaks that are network breaks. And in order so that all forty stations don't have to have a person there hitting the button for every break, you take a hard one at the thirty and at the end so that the networks can go to their break at the same time. So that's why, and you can't. There's nothing you can do about it. Fires automatically, and Billy or Shannon or whoever's in the studio will tell me thirty seconds, ten seconds, and then that's what happens.
Speaker 7: Okay. Now, I was always just I mean, it's I can only ask you this at two in the morning.
Speaker 2: But I know, dude, if there was ever gonna be a night taskt it's when he lose by thirty in the SEC tournament.
Speaker 1: So I'm fine with it, all right, buddy, Thanks appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: By the way, the if you listened to the last night's postgame show, there were two of my friends who were who were up with me.
Speaker 1: They are both Billy passed out of sleep on the couch.
Speaker 2: Neither one of them made it to the uh. Neither one of them made it the next night. Now I have all of my friends walking in this room, including Tall who has on a shirt that says Ladies and Gentlemen, it's mister Conway Twitty with a picture of him in his hair.
Speaker 3: Who's up next, Spencer?
Speaker 1: Spencer? Go ahead, Spencer. Hello there, Mario, how are you doing? Go ahead? Spencer?
Speaker 15: Hey Matt, first time, longtime?
Speaker 1: Who was.
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 15: My only really call for tonight is I think a freshmen are kind of just a step behind. But I really have confidence in what they're going to do in the future. I go to all three of them, especially the Kentucky boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know, I have some confidence. I think they all have abilities. Here's what I think about when I watched, when I watch was watching this tonight with all three of the men.
Speaker 1: At the same time.
Speaker 2: You we've got to have better athletes.
Speaker 1: We can't have all three of those guys. We ate.
Speaker 2: Hey, if we're gonna be in here, you got bread down notes. We can't have all three of those guys in at the same time. It's just not athletic enough. Oh my goodness, Billy, they just broke the couch.
Speaker 3: They broke the couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate the car. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: They literally four of them set on a couch together and they just broke this air.
Speaker 1: And I don't they didn't do anything. They just they are too big for the couch. Mario fell off the couch.
Speaker 2: I can hear them back then, and you can hear them laughing like children, cackling. This is not gonna go in the best of our couches. You all broke that couch. You have ruined Hubby's air b and b.
Speaker 1: Rating my goodness. All right, well, I guess we'll deal with that in the morning. Who's next, Blake, Blake? What's did you do that? Go ahead? What's going on?
Speaker 15: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Hello? Yeah, go ahead?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 14: So big fan man, I just started listening, you know, about three years ago, and big fan, thank you very much. A bunch of people that are, you know, listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 14: I'm not too I'm much too mad about this season, considering with what's happened the last few years. What I expected was one SEC tournament win. And I will be completely happy if we get a into a tournament.
Speaker 1: Went yeah, I mean, I think you gotta wine. I think you gotta win one.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you if you if you as long as you win one, I'm okay with it. Just when when you consider what's happened with injuries and all.
Speaker 14: That, absolutely, man, uh, you know, I was born in ninety two, about two weeks before the Crystal Linger shot. Uh my, you know my birthday was a day and Mark Prope was hired.
Speaker 1: So oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, it's been a weird year, right, I appreciate, appreciate the call. We've gotten some great, great you know, we've gotten some great wins, and we've also had a ton of injuries. And we'll just see what happens next week. I'm still very excited about the tournament. I think positive things can happen. And I think you four look ridiculous sitting on that broken couch right now, Like you look ridiculous, Mario, What what did you do? I mean, they reilly, They said, have you ever seen a couch collapse? They're not even that.
Speaker 3: Big a guys, Yeah, say Mario.
Speaker 2: Four people on a three person couch just completely collapsed it in the middle of this Airbnb in Nashville. So, by the way, if you rented an AIRBNDB at Nashville, you might need a new couch thanks to my group.
Speaker 1: Who's next, David, David, Go ahead, David, Matt.
Speaker 6: There's troubling and unmistakable evidence that Mark Pope has no idea how to coach defense in this league?
Speaker 1: Well, who do we have that? But who's who do we have that's a good defender?
Speaker 2: Like, who do we have that's a good no hate, I'm asking you a question, who's a good defender?
Speaker 6: That's exactly my That's exactly my point, Matt. He built this roster with a bunch of guys that had no idea how to play defense.
Speaker 1: But that was smart. That that was a smart Okay, who would you like? Hang on?
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, unless you want me to hang up, I'm gonna give you a chance. Turning down for a second. I will give you a chance to have a conversation. But if you just try to talk over me, I have a dump button and you'll go away. So my question is, if you want to answer the question, who did he go after getting that? He didn't get that? You think he should have? That would have been a really good defensive player.
Speaker 6: Okay, Matt, that's one question. Another question is, but you didn't answer.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I appreciate the call. I asked you a question.
Speaker 2: It's easy to complain about something, but then you have to offer a solution. All right, Mark Pope made a decision that he thought the best way to build this team was to get a bunch of guys who could score, and he got two defensive Players of the Year and Butler and Williams. Williams to me, I don't totally understand how he was defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: But it's a pretty good defender. Butler is hurt.
Speaker 2: So I don't know really what you're supposed to do. As far as the other guys, they're not good defend. I don't care what he coaches. Kobe Bray is not gonna be able to guard guys on the perimeter. Neither is Travis Perry. Neither is Ansley olmanor Now you could say, well, he could have go and gone and got another guys, but we needed points. He had no players and he had four weeks. Now, if you want to make that decision next year, if he brings a team here next year and no one can guard, then then I think it's a legitimate criticism. But he's got big time athletes coming in here next year. I don't know how good Jasper Johnson, Alcai Moreno and those guys will be. Katon Lewis will be next year, but they're all good athletes and they'll be able to defend.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else he was supposed to do this year.
Speaker 2: He if you go look into portal, you don't get a lot of great defenders. You get a lot of scorers, and he's got scores. They just can't guard people. And one of the two dudes that we had that was a good defender is hurt what he's supposed to do. And probably our third best defender, which is Jackson Robinson, is also hurt. A five nine two eighty seven. We're gonna take a break. I'm gonna look and see what they can do about this couch. And it is the local to the any Payers show, Welcome Back, It is the local toy Dealers KSR post game show, Matt Jones here in his Airbnb, and Wendy Nashville, everybody be careful in Nashville. And four of my friends sitting on one broken couch. I noted Billy. One side of the couch has my friend Tall, who weighs about two to eighty. The other side of the couch has Mario that weighs one forty. And it is Mario's side of the couch that broke, which I'm fascinated as to how that worked just from a weight perspective.
Speaker 1: But it was Mario's side of the couch that broke.
Speaker 3: It's not about the number, it's about how you use it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's apparently what it is.
Speaker 2: One person writes Matt, I am concerned about Pope's defense as well, but I think it's hard to judge him on this year because of the players that they have.
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you look historically with Pope, they haven't been great defensively. I think long term that's not a ridiculous thing to worry about. I just think it's hard to do it with this team. You had three or four weeks. I do wonder sometimes if the fact that I think we overachieved part of the year. First of all, this year we overachieved in some ways. We also underachieved in some ways.
Speaker 1: We overachieved it.
Speaker 2: We overachieved in in in beating Duke in Florida and those teams. We also underachieved in losing to Vandy and Texas and that kind of thing. So it's it's it's hard to know. And that's what Pope was at BYU. At BYU, Pope could beat anybody and they would lose to anybody. And we've had a little bit of that with with Kentucky this year.
Speaker 1: Who's next, Sean, Sean, go ahead, Sean, hey man.
Speaker 16: I was just wanting to say, first of all, we have YouTube TV, and I would say, like the worst commercials or the worst is in moment is like the Actually, I would say the Koala, you.
Speaker 2: Really don't like the Koala because the quality I will know, can I say something about the qual since we have it on?
Speaker 1: The Koala gets a little too in the mint with itself during that thing too.
Speaker 16: I just.
Speaker 1: I just want, I just want.
Speaker 2: You to for those of you that have it, the Koala gets a little intimate and then stares into your eye while he does it. Just when you're watching it, Billy, I'm just the next time you're watching it, just note that that happens.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 16: And then and I was gonna say, second of all, since the game ended up, that people have been blowing me up with like the I'm not sure Mark Pope was the right and I keep saying like, just wait till we get the recruits next year.
Speaker 10: And because this team is done great with his.
Speaker 2: Stand, why people I don't understand why people would say that. I mean again, I would ask you name the NBA player on this team, Like, who is the NBA player on this team?
Speaker 1: We don't have one?
Speaker 7: Maybe?
Speaker 16: Yeah, And that's what I keep like, wait till we get Johnson moreno everybody else plus O way it Verry. Next year's team is gonna be like solid.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 2: I think I think a lot of it's gonna be about what transfers he's able to get in the portal this year, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's but I'm keeping high hopes up. It was a little down, it was a it was a letdown tonight. But I mean that's gonna happen with this team. Like it's just with all the injuries and everything, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I agree. Appreciate the call man.
Speaker 2: And and by the way, just watch when watch when when he and you know when that Kuala looks at you, just look where his hands are. Uh when he does it, it's not good. They'll do four more. Who's next.
Speaker 3: He's just trying to have his own moment, is in.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: But it's weird because the guy's right, he's the qualis tears in your eye while he's doing it too.
Speaker 1: Who's next, Michael, Michael?
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Michael, hey man, how are you doing coming from Little Rock, Arkansas while we're dodging tornadoes? I think I'd rather have a tornado than watch this zen.
Speaker 2: Then, by the way, everybody should be safe, especially where you are. But even here in Nashville, they're actually telling people that are going to games tomorrow to plan on getting there early. I think they want to get people in the arena because they're expecting the storm to hit right during that time.
Speaker 17: But go ahead, Yeah, my pet peeve, can we just stop the ten minute reviews on the on something that they end up saying is a common foul? I mean that just it's a big pet peeve of mine. I know they made a couple of comments, but one of them was the sideline reporter talked about how Pope was just really mad in the huddle, telling his team that they had just completely just quit on defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did. I think they did. I think he should be mad. He should be mad. They did quit in that second half. And I thought they quit against Old miss too, and that and that is a little disheartening. You know, hopefully you know they didn't quit last night, but I do think they quit a little bit tonight, right.
Speaker 17: And the last thing I want to say is, I'd really like for one time that if anybody goes off of a pick that they don't get held or they don't get like a hip check, like like they're in hockey or whatever, because I mean, coming off a pick that's like just barely it's like sighting through a war zone. And I mean it's in the whole SEC. But I mean that happened a lot tonight.
Speaker 2: Jay Williams had an interesting point tonight, and I appreciate the call. Jay Williams said he thinks this league has been as physical as any league in the last twenty five years, and he said, I wonder if it'll hurt the teams in the SEC and the NCAA tournament when they start calling that stuff fouls.
Speaker 1: It'd be interesting to see.
Speaker 2: It might help us because we may be the least physical team of the physical teams, but they do allow, especially off motion. But like you know, this is what I would say to Mark Pope, is we got to match it. If they're gonna be allowed to hold, then we need to hold because we lay off on those picks and we end up giving up threes. And so I don't know, you know, I'll be interested to see what happens in the tournament, because I do think they that the league has gotten insanely physical this year, and the rest have kind of let it happen.
Speaker 1: Who's next?
Speaker 3: Todd is next?
Speaker 1: Todd? Go ahead, Todd, bro Matt.
Speaker 10: We got out behind the wood shed tonight, didn't we Yes?
Speaker 1: We did. That second half was embarrassing. It was weird. It didn't feel like a march game.
Speaker 2: You know, in March games, I'm usually up like pacing, and it just felt like I was watching like a scrimmage because it was almost like I didn't care because I thought we're about to get destroyed, and then we did.
Speaker 10: Yes, And I agree with you and what other people has said too that you know, Pope had very little time to get this team together, and for what he was able to do has been has been purty doll gone good. But you know, we are bad on defense, and hopefully that can be fixed because Pope when he played, you know, they were a canacious defense.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they were also insanely athletic and this team at its core, this team is not athletic. Like this team is probably the least athletic Kentucky team since like Patinos first team, you know, I mean really we we A lot of our guys can barely dunk. I mean, let's be real, they can't. A lot of them can barely dunk. Always pretty good athlete, Amar and Garrison for bigs or decent athletes, but like a lot of Kobe, I mean, love of our guys are not good athletes, and so to be. You know, I think a big part of being good defensively is being athletic.
Speaker 1: And we just and we're used.
Speaker 2: To under cal having crazy good athletes and that's just not what this team is.
Speaker 10: Also, I wanted to speak on the Moreno guy coming in. Uh, you know, he's a big guy and everything, and but you gotta look at it. You know, he's he's a freshman. He's playing against high school teams. If he comes in and he's able to do that against experienced SCC players, then say we got something. But you know, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be a backup next year. I mean, I think Moreno has a huge upside for the future. But he's not your starting five next year. We'll have to see whether they think Garrison is. I think they gotta get another big in the portal. Jasper Johnson is a starter next year. The other two guys are not. In my opinion, I don't think they're starters. I think Jasper Johnson's is. I think we come into next season with two starters. I feel really good good about o Way and Jasper. Maybe Garrison gets there, but they're gonna have to go get two or three starters in the portal. They need to get a shooter and then either Chandler or Noah or and Perry they're gonna have to step up and play a lot better.
Speaker 1: But I mean, this is a big ortal for Pope.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have to go get like three really good guys. I was talking to a guy at the game tonight who's a reporter, who said he he wouldn't tell me who it is, but he was like, I think they're gonna get there's one stud they already have, and uh, that's good. I was glad to hear it, but I don't know who it is.
Speaker 10: And Chandler, you got to remember too, you.
Speaker 2: Know that's true. But he's athletic. We're talking about athletes. I forgot about him. He is athletic, even though he's you know, he's still a freshman.
Speaker 10: And you know, get get the rushed out of him, and you know he may be an entirely different player next year.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I think you're right. I appreciate the call. We'll do two more and we'll call it a night and a weekend. Who's next, Chris, Chris, go ahead, Chris.
Speaker 9: Hey, Matt, A couple of quick questions, and then at pet Peeve. First question is do you think a coach his job is to put his players in the best position to succeed.
Speaker 1: I do yes.
Speaker 9: So if we don't have the athletes on defense, why are we not switching up our defense keep the other team's offense.
Speaker 1: I think that's a I think that's a fair question.
Speaker 2: I think what my answer would be is, you know, you play these teams that shoot threes well, and you play zone, they're gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: It's probably what he would say, like, you.
Speaker 2: Play zone against Alabama Florida teams like that, they're gonna score one hundred and thirty points.
Speaker 1: It's probably what he would say, they played zone.
Speaker 2: A couple of plays tonight and it seemed to help a little bit, and then they hit a couple of threes and they got out of it. And so you know, I know what you're saying, but you still to be a good zone team. You still need to be athletic, and we're just not athletics.
Speaker 9: I agree. I just I'm not saying to do it one time or going one.
Speaker 1: Way or all the other.
Speaker 9: Just mix it up right, keep it on their toasts. And my pet peeve is stupid. People don't know they're stupid. Agorance is bliss go cat.
Speaker 2: Well that's the truth. I appreciate the call. I mean, that's a whole other thing. The most confident people are usually the dumbest. But but you know, think about uh.
Speaker 1: Tall to himself. Think about when Cal.
Speaker 2: We had good teams under Cal and we might draw like Davidson in the first round of tournament or Wafford, and we go, oh, oh, what's gonna happen this week? And that team would be full of unathletic guys who could execute. And then what happened when athletic dudes who were playing well played against them.
Speaker 1: We beat them by twenty five points. Because they just couldn't guard us.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not that extreme, but our athletes aren't nearly as good at athletes as these teams were playing right now, and I think that'll be better starting next year. Let me just use example of Vansley Almanor. I love Ansley Almanor. I love that he hits corner threes. I love I think he's he seems like a great kid, and he's made some big shots for us. If Ansley Almanor had not come here, do you know where he was gonna play basketball next year?
Speaker 1: Now? This year, it was gonna be at Sienna. Okay, he was gonna be at Sienna if he didn't come here.
Speaker 2: So you know, you got to put perspective on this was a guy who played at Fairley Dickinson, who's gonna go to Sienna, who now because of the injuries, has to be like our seventh mate.
Speaker 1: That's the way it goes. One more? Who's next?
Speaker 3: Greg?
Speaker 1: Greg? Go ahead? Greg?
Speaker 12: Hey, Matt, how are you?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Well?
Speaker 12: I've got a fear and a grievance, So I'll start with a fear. Have you watched any high point university basketball this year?
Speaker 2: I have not although I've seen that they can be very dangerous and they are projected kind of in that thirteen to fourteen range.
Speaker 12: Yep, yeah, I've got that fear. And actually, a couple of weeks ago, in one of Lenardi's bracket versions, he had us matched up with him, and they just remind me of of a Mississippi Lights with a lot of slashers, a lot of athletes, a lot of size.
Speaker 1: They do have the key there, but the key is the that is the size part. If we if we we had, we do have.
Speaker 2: Size on them, and so that would be our advantage in that game. Plus, I think you know, they slash a lot, but we we do.
Speaker 1: We do shoot.
Speaker 2: I think they'd have a hard time scoring with us if we play like we should in.
Speaker 1: A game like that.
Speaker 12: I definitely, I definitely think I agree with you. I think we'd be the favorite. But I do see it as as the type of style that could could give us some fips.
Speaker 9: If we're off.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it's my grievance, all right, my grievance the potholes. And here's my thoughts. In the Year of Our Our Lord twenty twenty five. How is it that, as you're you're rolling from winter into spring. You have a crew come out and six potholes on a Monday, and they're all broken up by Wednesday or Thursday.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, I did hear when we talked about potholes a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Somebody told us that we have more potholes in Kentucky than anywhere else because the weather stuff.
Speaker 1: I might as well believe him on that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it's a good way to end it, because who knows what the what the answer is? Hey, Billy, thank you very much for being around this weekend. I know you've been up as much as I have. Thank you all for listening, especially if you're listening now. If anybody, if anyone can get my friend the Turkey Hunter to keep his volume down or to come fix this couch, that would be nice.
Speaker 1: You all enjoy the rest.
Speaker 2: Of your night, stay safe in the in the wind, and we will see you on Monday. If you're around, I'm doing the ESPN Bracket Show five to eight o'clock Sunday for ESPN Radio with Myern Metcalf. It's one of the coolest things I get to do. Would love you to have you turn in find out the brackets from me. Mark Pope is scheduled to be on the show with us and maybe Billy Rick Patinos. Well working on that right, and I'll have to interview the NCAA selection committee chair, so maybe i'll just get We will see you all later.
Speaker 1: This has been the local Toy Dealers KSR post game show