Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your loat glasses alone. The way you look is because it'd be people like that you you know what I'm saying, Like people your whole life? You feel me like that. You grew up loving their music, you know what I'm saying. And and and you really to some level admiring the person that they are, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's the trick.
Speaker 1: You You'll really find yourself admiring somebody, especially when they hone their craft, you know what I mean, they and they talented. You'll be like, yeah, I respect that, and then they do something.
Speaker 3: Yeah they just like Bro, why would you do that?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Who who?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: You know how?
Speaker 3: They say you got it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Who you who? Your homies?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 3: Do niggas be that rich and that popular? Do they home? He's not saying nothing.
Speaker 5: Like like hey my nigga, that's trash, like why you wearing that hair hat.
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: Or why you why you why you painting your your beard? Or why you it just be it just be a gang and ship man? What up? Bro? Yeah, it'd be but the but the acon hat it's crazy.
Speaker 1: And that's my man, like one hundred grand bro, Like that's really my guy.
Speaker 5: And it's not a but it looked like you could peel it if I seen him. I just want to peel it off, Like can I let me feel that?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: That's why I said we should put him on I Love La, because it'd be dope. Like people look at certain artists and hip hop like and that's a perfect example.
Speaker 2: That's a hip hop artist, right.
Speaker 1: And normally we on our live streams and you know, this is dope to to do the podcast, right, this is just the eye udio portion, but it's dope, like you know, to really have these conversations to that degree. Like where like with Khan, like right where like people like he's a hip hop artist, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean, even though he don't rap.
Speaker 1: In the traditional acon is a hip hop artists, you know, like he could have an R and B sown, but he's a hip hop artist.
Speaker 3: He was a rapper, wasn't he.
Speaker 2: I think at one time he did rap.
Speaker 1: But that's a perfect example of somebody who sings that pretty much is a hip hop artist. And like we just really try to disregard me and Twine was talking about it earlier.
Speaker 7: Shout out to Oni Twine. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: On the podcast, y'all seen him a couple of times on the live stream. He really hasn't done the pot so it's dope to have him on it on the first podcast and no selings, but having him like people, I'm telling the homie, I'm like, yeah, I think I want to have Acon sing I love la song. He's like, man, we could get somebody more current, and I'm like it's a kon. Like imagine you could get like like uh actual rolls or like one of them big rock stars like uh like like uh, what's the dude?
Speaker 7: Uh? Who be dancing?
Speaker 1: They all feel like he danced really well. No, No, the rock and roll dude can dance really well. You know y'all know Mick Jack, Mick Jagger MC jagger can dance. I mean like white white people, white people, yea, you know what I mean. And they feel like Mick Jagger got swagged like so, but imagine like some young rock group could get Mick Jagger on the sothing like now, we don't need to get Mick Jagger.
Speaker 7: We need to get somebody new. It's like, Bro, it's Mick Jagger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's yeah. With Mick Jagger current, he's never not current.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm Akon is like Mick Jagara of hip hop.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you can get a song with the Locks, or I mean you can get a song with g Rapp, Like these dudes are permanent.
Speaker 2: And now hold on glasses. Now, I agree that that that a Kon is very prominent, but he's not as quite as prominent as a Mick Jagger like big Jaggers and mc jagger got a mc jagger got like a fifty almost a sixty piece in the game like and.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, not don't know what you look like.
Speaker 1: Not comparing them to right, What I'm saying, what Mick Jagger is to rock is what Akon is to hip hop.
Speaker 2: And again I have to disagree, Bro.
Speaker 1: I understand, but but what I'm saying is it's not the comparative part that I'm really reaching for. As much as he's prominent, he's somebody that you don't pass up with when you have, when you have an opportunity to work with.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, and that part, especially as a as a person, what he does with records. I mean his ability to make a record special. It's like that don't wear off, Like Big Jagger, it don't wear off. Now you can look at their own run and say, oh, you know what, Oh they're not making the biggest records on their own. But that's not the point. The point is, you can make a great rock record with Nick Jagger today. You can make a great rock record with you know, actual roles, like you can make a great rock record with some of the greatest, Like right now, I want to do that song like I was telling you with Segert, with Bob Seger like I feel like I can make a smash hit record in hip hop with Bob Seger today. You know what I mean, Because if you know what you're doing with the record, voices be voices, I can make a hit record with Stevie Wonder today. It don't matter when Stevie had his last hit record on his own. Like if you know, if you have the right record for Stevie Wonder, his voice is permanent, it can be the number one song in the country of Stevie and it's a few artists that have ascended to that level. Akon is one of those artists where he's so prominent. He was so successful on a mainstream level in pop records. His sound is forever like He'll always beat it like what it is for people that like that music, you know what I mean? And I just feel like in hip hop again, when you don't get it. And this was a conversation we was having earlier where you think you know hip hop because you watch some rap videos. You think you know hip hop because you know you saw something on Rap City, you know what I mean, or you heard some songs. It's like you just know the letter, you know the letter of hip hop. You don't know the spirit of it until you really go sit down in the bronx and somebody really give it, give you what's going on. And I just feel like at this time, no, we don't have that, Like everybody just feels like they know what's going on or they just disregarded as nothing and it's too powerful to be nothing. No Sillings gl Pete is off for today, but he'll be back. I got my man Joey Westside one half for the La Giants, one third of the one ten Super group. I got my brother Twine Matt four one four original hip hop, the true owner and innovator of the adult contemporary hip hop category. That's going to be something in the future. But something was on my mind and somebody was asking me something. Right, they was I was talking to my young homie. A d ad does. Shout out to A d Ad and Pun do the community. They are partial owners in the fig munity world, that whole galaxy. Ad is really talented them see really dope young brother from from Compton. Pun, y'all know that's my that's my my heart, that's my man, you know what I mean. Like shit, we didn't came up the hardway through the business and they got something great going on. But we were talking about great barbecue and he was talking about a guy named Adam Perry Lang. And I've had Adam Perry Lang. Adam, Adam is a dope. He can barbecue. You know, a white man get busy, you know what I mean. But he was saying how Compton didn't have great barbecue. And he's like, and you know, so problem problem shout out to Miami.
Speaker 2: Problem.
Speaker 1: I mean, Ralph Phenomenon, Pun and Ad They all live in the Valley, you know what I mean, like kind of the suburbs of Los Angeles, the ghetto, you know what I mean. And they was talked about how there's not a lot of good barbecue places even though people sell barbecue, and I started to explain to.
Speaker 2: Them why that is.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, we have emerged into a hustle culture, right, like social media has pushed this hustle culture.
Speaker 7: And I'm gonna break it down.
Speaker 1: But it's hilarious because it's kind of cool, but it's also means you lose quality of things.
Speaker 6: Right like.
Speaker 1: Twenty years ago, twenty five years ago, you know, and before.
Speaker 7: Before you start trying to barbecue.
Speaker 4: Bro, if you would have tried to.
Speaker 1: Open up a barbecue restaurant, everybody, like, you know how many people you would have had to please with barbecue before you even thought about it, Like your whole neighborhood would to have to say for the most part, you got great barbecue. They would have had to been fragging about your barbecue, and everybody lace exactly, you need to open up a barbecue place. Your barbue was amazing. It you used to take so much like confidence and I'll see where by the way, Yeah, practice and all of that before you would even try, you know what I mean. And then by that point your recipes would be on point. Everything would be a one. You be the man, and then the public would say if it's dope, you know what I mean? That that would be the mentality. Your passion had to be an barbecue before you open up a barbecue place. Right fast forward twenty twenty four. I'm talking to my young homie stage, not the stage stage as an artist I work with. He from Reno Valley, the Murder. Shout out to my little bro stage course. Shout out to my brother Metro. That's my guy, love, my mis stage man. Those my guys man, you know ma Reno Valley. They really they brought a different pizazz to what I do, you know what I mean, And they were hungry for hip hop in a different way. So stage cost me. And he's like, yeah, gee, man, I'm finna open up a barbecue spot. I'm like, stage cause you can't barbecue like I'm not. I'm like, cause you've never barbecue, cause like I barbecue once or twice. I'm like, you don't think cause you usually have more experience. He was like, you know what, I'm saying, I'm gonna hire a cook. I mean, he'd be getting busy, and I'm gonna hire some girls. And I'm gonna name it Big Daddy, and I'm Big.
Speaker 2: Daddy, like shit stage.
Speaker 1: It's five foot ten, five foot eleven, one hundred and twenty pounds with pennies.
Speaker 2: In his pocket.
Speaker 7: If he had a pocket full of pennies, he's well.
Speaker 3: Marketing with it, you know how to brand it. He gonna brand it himself.
Speaker 1: He said, he's gonna call himself Big Daddy. That's crazy Big Daddy's barbecue. And I'm like, so you don't give a fuck that you don't know nothing about barbecue. He was like, yeah, I'm opening it up. And that's the mentality of everybody today with businesses, for all of them, every single business They on Instagram and they looking at somebody doing something and they like, well, I can do that too and make that money.
Speaker 7: That's why everything.
Speaker 1: Today has such low quality, because there is no passion in ninety percent of the businesses happening. Twan, that's why my young homie who's five eleven, one hundred and twenty five pounds, okay, wet with timberlings on.
Speaker 3: And that's a big don't million.
Speaker 1: Pennies in his pocket. He's going his name is going to be Big Daddy. He's gonna open up a barbecue joint. He never barbecued at a picnic.
Speaker 7: But he's big.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 7: Girl, every girl do lashes.
Speaker 3: You only did two people, so girls can't even cook.
Speaker 7: It's bad enough now where everybody got plates and it's like.
Speaker 3: Just plates.
Speaker 1: Poo is a perfect example of this ship with Poogy got the pooky plates. He like, it's not a not food, it's an experience. I'm like, what experience eating in my car? I want to pool my loco. I gave him some beats and took some beats and all that from me. But I'm just saying there's no passion or nothing no more.
Speaker 2: We live in a microwave age.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: What you start selling, you can sell nigga. You can just go and may a fry baloney sandwich today. Nigga make it look a certain way on Instagram and niggas would be back. We grew up eating them motherfuckers. But all you need is a good camera show. You show the motherfucking blooney nigga turn into that log.
Speaker 1: All you need is a good camera and some partially niggas is doing with partially flicks.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: It's the hustle social media convincing people that they could look at the.
Speaker 7: Next person and do what they do.
Speaker 2: Bro, you said the sandwich and some partially partially flakes.
Speaker 1: Look at all these plates on Instagram. Everybody's freaking partially flakes.
Speaker 3: That ship Garlic Nigga's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Part and that's what's wrong with music. As with him, I know he was getting there. I'm just saying it's true. Everybody rapping and don't know how looking at everybody rapping do it. I can do it. Everybody rapping.
Speaker 1: And it's not just that though, But that's what's wrong with the whole American you know, situations. Yeah, there's nobody. There's no passion and ship. When my young five ft eleven homie that wear one hundred and twenty five pounds, it's going to open up a barbecue joint called Big Daddy and he's Big Daddy and he's not big.
Speaker 2: You can't fuck nobody for how they see themselves though he don't see hisself like that. He's just a.
Speaker 1: Great marketing guy and he stood he knew some nigga named Big Daddy for sure. That nigga sounds like he could barbecue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he you got the girls. He niggas gonna be pulling out because all you gotta find out niggas bitches up there. You know, niggas bitches up there. Food could be tracked. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And this is.
Speaker 7: Everything, Bro, that.
Speaker 2: Fries fries, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Friesna call Cajun fries. Niggas ten dollars for their motherfuckers.
Speaker 7: All you got to do is put some limon pepper on it, and niggas is swearing by.
Speaker 5: It, shaking that living pepper on Instagram. That puts so much living peppers, Nigga, I start coughing watching it.
Speaker 2: So are we in the lemon pepper wrapped age?
Speaker 7: Is that every is lemon pepper?
Speaker 2: Everything is limon pepper out just hip hop, though.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like I don't wanted to single out the department that we're in. You're talking about niggas looking at home. I'm talking about nigga's cutting.
Speaker 2: Hair, everybody cutting their now glass nashes.
Speaker 7: Everybody's a comedian.
Speaker 2: But it's nobody's fault.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, bro, now you good go get yours off.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's nobody's fault if you get in a bad barber's chair, though, like your barbers are to be vetted. I'm a barber's earn trust over time, like a barber is not somebody you just you just go spend fifty bucks with. You get a line in the shade with like just random a random barber, like I don't, I don't know who does that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you the hustlers I hate the most. I hate a fake ass, deep motivational speaking ass nigga. I hate them niggas.
Speaker 2: If you ain't.
Speaker 5: Nig like you, what did you just say? Like you really think you just said some nigga that ship was so shallow nigga.
Speaker 2: One fish to fish red.
Speaker 5: And then they put the words and niggas will be talking and make it look like you really think you just said, Like, nigga, what did you.
Speaker 8: Know?
Speaker 3: I hate them niggas.
Speaker 7: What didn't you be posting some of them? I'll be like, this is the worst advice ever.
Speaker 5: I hate a fake ass, deep mean nigga. Would wearing tony like ship.
Speaker 2: And when were the coldest?
Speaker 5: Would posting they but you can get they think everything deep.
Speaker 3: The just no, you don't get to what they be thinking.
Speaker 7: The coldest huss is the dudes that's working them.
Speaker 1: A house in the first If he don't buy you a house in the first two weeks, he don't feel the correct way was the I.
Speaker 3: Was cheating on his wife. He got caught cheating. But they was on that nigga he was to him.
Speaker 7: Uh his name is dereckt It.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the nigga with the small T shirts in the front seat. Hey man, he was working the niggas. He didn't he cater to them. Boy, all you have to do is say something bad about the nigga got him. You niggas they hated Kevin Samine.
Speaker 7: But yeah, Kevin Simons is to go in and they just asked him his opinion.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: He wanted him to win.
Speaker 5: This other nigga was like he fit the lie of y'all, Like he just gonna diss all niggas and y'all had him and then he got caught cheating on his wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Kevin Samuel was as different was it.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 2: He was informative and he was funny. He had a good he had a good thing. He had a good thing going there.
Speaker 3: Man, he really did. Man rect in peace to the to the Godfather.
Speaker 1: Man, I just don't need it, man, that the hustle culture is just getting worse and worse, and I'm just watching it happen and I'm like, damn, man, it's like it ain't gonna be no quality nothing.
Speaker 3: She's gonna be all Yankees, barbecue nigga.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we do have people out here that's making quality, though, and so those are the people that we salute and we are happy to be amongst them because you're making quality. I'm making quality. I'm sure that brother, Brother, what's your name again, King Joey west Side, Man, Joe what's side? Pleasure to meet you, ty mac Bro. But yeah, classes, you don't run with nothing. You don't run with you don't run with bums. You don't run with motherfuckers that don't handle their business. So I know west Side is handling his business. So we just got to continue to fight because it's not gonna be exactly how we wanted at anytime. We just got to balance it out. But it's a lot of garbage out there. It's a lot of people that should tell their friends and not the rap. It's a lot of ship that should be going on out there, but it's not, and so we have to continue to fight.
Speaker 7: You know what's funny, I'm not mad at people rapping, but at least like learn about it, right, I could get you don't have to learn about it.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a Michael Wave age. Nobody care about learning ship right now.
Speaker 3: Learn nothing you They will tell you you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Fucking on a bag right now. Fucking ain't think about learning shit.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get a million view. I think million views is a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants me to get a trigger. Everybody wants me to get a trigger. Uh So, if you if you barbecue, if uq, there's a grill called a tragger, okay, And what's hilarious to me is with the tragger, you set the wood chips in and it's automatic on how it smoke. And I'm like, nah, I kind of like the fire pit. I like smoking my ship and maintaining my fire by hand. Now, it is a very time consuming effort, right, but the smoke you get from actually truly maintaining with chunks of apple wood versus chips is different. That's right, and that's what I think is missing. Everybody just feels like it's money. They anything. I'm telling you, the chefs on the streets, it's just money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is right now. In a Michael Wave age bro I mean, so it's like, I mean, what do you expect when the masses socially are like telling people you got to have a thousand income streams, which I don't know, not knock nobody like have as many income streams as you need to have food, clothing, and shelter. Right, but right now everything is just so microwave. Nobody is concerned with's slowing down and completing the process and doing things the right way and the right way. Though at the end of the day still the right way is subjective because your right way, like west side, what west side is right way? My right way, Seventh Street right way may all be different, right, so oh it's only one right way, Okay, we'll see either way.
Speaker 1: Either way, you have to find somebody passionate. So like there are some rappers who get further, Like if you listen to Beans tell his story, shout out to Beans, who's unnatural, but he was somebody who didn't even trip off rapping. But it's different when you get in the studio with Kanye West, Who's passion is there, so you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get better records.
Speaker 1: Like when I first got in the game, I didn't really have a pass and like I was developing a passion for it. I didn't have one, but Acon had a passion. DJ Tump had a passion. So I was able to get my first hit record from two guys who had a passion and they was really into this. You know, feat hit Neck first, it was all the way down. So you have to find people passion it in whichever arena to truly make it work.
Speaker 2: You can listen.
Speaker 1: I always say, I tell Joey this all the time. I'm like, bro, if you have to exchange your time for money, you getting beat, You getting beat?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Let's say if you got a job twying, you go to work and they pay you a thousand dollars a day, you gotta be there for eight hours, right?
Speaker 7: That seemed like a good gig?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: A one hundred and twenty five dollars an hour? One hundred hour, eight hours? A thousand feel like.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: I mean you you're making good money. It's great money, right. That'd be you know, roughly twenty two thousand dollars a month. What if you was gonna die in eight hours, would that same money.
Speaker 2: Be worth it?
Speaker 1: Like if you went to work at two and you got off at ten and then you was gonna die at eleven, that thousand dollars be worth it? No, because you would take that eight or nine hours you had left alive and do things that are worth it. I always tell Joey, if you exchange your time for money, you always getting beat. People ask me about concerts and doing concerts. I got a concert in Seattle coming up this week. They couldn't pay me what my time is worth. They couldn't pay me what my time, like your time is worth. Let's say put a price on your time based off of if this was your last time being able to be here. If eight hours, that's what your time is worth. What you would do if you knew you had an hour hour after that time? Maybe for five million you could leave your kids five million, and then that is worth it. But think about that when you're doing it right, There's two things you could do. You could keep spending your time stealing fruit off the trees, or you could take your time and plant the seeds and cultivate them. So every year, every season, you know what I mean, you got an orchard to always get fruit and eat front. That's how I really look at it. I'm certainly sound like oh man, but I really get it at this point.
Speaker 2: I get why.
Speaker 3: It's like wisdom, man, maturation.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: It is what it is, the truth. I can't deny that.
Speaker 7: But what is your time worth? If you had eight hours left twine.
Speaker 1: And one hour after that, what would you have to pay that's fair? What would you be comfortable if you have to leave your seed money, your family money? How much money is worth it? You had eight hours left, you have to go do this job, You had to exchange your time for money, then you got one hour after that. How much money is it worth? How much do you need to be able to leave your family?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 7: That's what your time is worth?
Speaker 2: I think concept.
Speaker 1: So I just I just look at this just culture going on, and you know, people will ask me like they're like, oh, you're listening to this, Like let's say, if it's back to hip hop or music, they like what you're listening to I'm like, I'm gonna listen to a good song. I don't know if it's enough passion in people making an album what I'm saying, But some of the songs you get lucky and you don't need passion. Like if somebody cooking that ain't really a great cook, maybe that one time they get the meal right there, I'm gonna eat that meal, but I'm not finna be coming back up here every week, right What I'm saying, Like, that's a really great place called the Bonbfish Tacos, Like you could tell when people put their love into what they do and they come out with something really incredible. In and Out is like that, you know what I mean? Like in and out food ain't incredibly great, it's consistently what it is, burger that got just enough taste, you know what I mean, it's gonna be fresh, and.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what people pay for, you know what I mean. It ain't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's as good as five guys, but to people, five guys can be a bit inconveniencing people. That's the biggest business too, convenience.
Speaker 2: Like I was up last night.
Speaker 1: Watching probably for like two three hours watching about the Panama Canal, right, and how to say thirty three days, United States of America spent roughly what we considered billions of dollars today to blow fifty miles fifty miles of a route through Panama. You know what, I mean, to build this canal and all this stuff just because they didn't want to go around. I think it's Chili. They didn't want to go beneath Chili to come around thirty three days. Convenience like Uber is doing well, Amazon is doing well. Drive throughs are doing well. Like I'll go to a drive through, bro, and the drive through will be to the street that in and out right to one When I was going in and out, often the drive through will be to the street. I'm talking about all the way out the property onto the street. If you go through an in and out, Joe, you know that shit be on the street. I pulled my car in and I just walked in. It was one person in line with three registers open. Yeah, the car that I would have been behind when I first pulled in. I used to pay attention to shit like this. I went parked, ordered my food, got my food, left, and when I was pulling out. The car that I would have been behind was just now turning into the drive.
Speaker 2: Through it of a place called Culver's that's here in Milwaukee, that's here in Wisconsin through it's spreading out through the Midwest. That's how that that those are good. It's good food, it's good service. But like you said, we're in that microwave age. Everybody wants to y'all how we lazy? Is that what you're saying glasses were lazy?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that or is that one of the factors?
Speaker 3: And I think it's it's a factor the convenience period.
Speaker 2: You know, Convenience make people lazy, absolutely, you know what I'm saying, Like they ain't even writing.
Speaker 3: They don't even take notes like that down in school no more.
Speaker 5: It's just tablets and computers, and y'all don't even think people write in cursive no.
Speaker 7: More, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's lazy as much as efficiency, right, it's efficiency too, It's like can you get more for your time?
Speaker 2: But I think the pursuit of.
Speaker 1: Convenience, it can go right past efficient to where you start to lose quality.
Speaker 2: That's my issue.
Speaker 1: Like I do think humanity can use more efficiency. You know what I mean, something it don't gotta be. Is like the Panama Canal is a perfect example of making life a little bit more efficiency from efficient, from getting from an Atlantic ocean to the specific ocean right to the Pacific Ocean versus taking an extra month and some change to go around Cape Horn.
Speaker 2: Right, but.
Speaker 1: They making it wider, They're trying to make it to where oil tankers can go. Some of you motherfuckers need to just take the long route, some of this dangerous to where it's like an oil tanker that's bringing that type of oil with them.
Speaker 7: Far as got you go the long.
Speaker 2: Way, brother, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like you making enough money to where it's okay if it takes you an extra month to get here with the gas.
Speaker 3: How you're risking other shit just because you want to be convenient.
Speaker 2: Because the potential of if something went wrong with you going through there, oh my god, like that, the irrepair, the irreparable damage that would do to that canal. It's not like if you're out in the open ocean, right, It's it doesn't like it with an open ocean is the clean even though it'll never be completely cleaned up, it'll be a lot easy, a lot much better than you polluting that canal. And now they got to deal with that ship for like decades and ship or who knows how long. That's like dropping a bomb. That's like what they did with Herosia or Nagasaki. If some ship like that popped off in a canal like that, like they still suffering, like you still got generations.
Speaker 7: Of six arms and nine fingers, like that ship is, Like so I do, I do.
Speaker 1: There's a space of that's about efficiency versus quality, right, And it's like a spectrum of colors, you know what I mean, And it goes from you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: Let's say.
Speaker 7: Yellow to red, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's in the middle orange. Don't forget my colors because I ain't. I'm a numbers guy. But I'm saying there is a space for humanity to get more efficient. There is a space for humanity to get more efficient.
Speaker 7: But I think we pass it up.
Speaker 1: Refine bread passes it up, ultra pasteurized milk passes it up. Like I get it, Like when they first decided to pasteurize milk, when Lewis Pasture had the idea of like well, if you heat it up to ninety degrees, you burn off a lot of the bacteria that kills the milk quick and you get an extra You get more time with it, you know what I mean, and it becomes healthier and sure, shit, reedy ass motherfucking governments was like, know what, but if we heated till one eighty, this shit was shut on the shelves for two months and not go bad. It's like, because it ain't milk, it ain't no longer alive. Yeah, stripped all the vitamins and minerals off of it, and now it's just white substance. Like remember how they used to say, like orange drink, Like they weren't even shoes.
Speaker 7: They be like orange drink.
Speaker 3: Like craft singles that ain't cheese.
Speaker 1: I think we as humanity, right, it makes sense for us to pursue an efficient life so we can have more time with our family, no more time to help humanity, you know, more time to do right in existing. But I think immediately we skip past it, like even making this album, right that I'm making this one ten album, It's like I'm not telling everybody I'm making them work together. I'm just making everybody work together. One song that have four or five produced is only you know what I mean, because you have to team up. Like That's one thing Black music used to understand a lot. Black music really understood teaming up.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It definitely made the challenge of doing things more efficient. It was dope to watch a bunch of brothers in sync. Nothing beats one person more than a movement. Only thing better than one rich nigga is three rich niggas, you know what I'm saying. So I think we understood that. But then because of social media, social media has turned this whole generation into me me, me me, people with no talent trying to get engagement. They just want people to follow them, and they don't even they haven't never took time to develop. Because every human has something special about them, right, but they haven't even took time to figure out what's special about.
Speaker 2: Them or develop it.
Speaker 7: Just look at the girls. Look at the pictures the girls wear.
Speaker 1: You'll see girls wearing these tights, right, and they don't even have the body for it yet, or maybe they have too much body for it.
Speaker 7: I mean, like it's way too much mayonnaise in a bag to be wearing that.
Speaker 3: Pacific pants to each body too.
Speaker 1: Much mayonnaise in a bag, you start looking like a bag for the mayonnaise, what I'm saying. Or you just so tiny that the tights are you know, stretched like they lose because you're not wearing things that fit you.
Speaker 7: And that's the marketing.
Speaker 1: Appeal of what's happening on social media, where you know, you got little girls looking at pictures of somebody and putting on outfits with somebody with a different everybody, build, structure and everything.
Speaker 7: I always tell his story.
Speaker 1: Dean Smith talks about the time when Michael Jordan used to be in love with Magic Johnson to the point where he you know, I think he was in the high school right before he got there and he was calling himself Magic Mike. And one I think his high school coach told him, and you need to be looking more like a doctor Jay.
Speaker 7: You don't have specifically with Magic Johnson. Has to make what you do work.
Speaker 1: But I magine he would have came out playing like Magic Johnson trying to dime at six six and you know what I mean, we don't get the greatest version of Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people don't take time.
Speaker 1: To identify what makes them special and unique with what they have because they so busy looking at somebody else and it could be a completely different package.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you understood. Find your niche, Find your niche, find your lane, even if you end up multiple even if you end up existing in multiple lanes, identify with that which makes you, like you said, set you aside from everything else. Identify that and focus on it. It doesn't have to be your sole focus, like one hundred percent of what you do, but make primarily like basically like carve out your place and whatever it is that you calling. And we don't have, like right now, we're in a cookie cutter land, like if people are content to make what they just heard, what they heard him make her make. When I'm talking specifically about music now, because then even in i mean even in commerce, like when one thing comes out and it kills the market, we see five other replicas of it right come right behind it. So it's not like it's just like when y'all say cookie cutter. It's not like I'm just specifically aligning that with music. But unfortunately, since we are all in the music space, I mean, that's like the first thing that I would identify as far as like it's okay, to copy right now. It's okay to be on stage. You don't have no stage show. It's okay to wrap over your lyrics right now, Like that's acceptable out here, and it's like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 7: Even think it's acceptable.
Speaker 1: I think what happens is you find a niche following for anything, like people will identify with your messaging your music. Your records may not be great, but because your messaging fits the brand that they want to represent. Like that's my biggest issue with a lot of dudes right now, you know what I mean, Like, boh, you ain't even worked on the music enough, Like you don't even have good records.
Speaker 7: What you have is you have a really good.
Speaker 1: Movement that's defined right, and you make music that fit the movement, but you never took time to understand what makes a record great.
Speaker 7: And it's not they fault because I did, Like I told you, like we talked about a million times.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 7: But I also didn't walk around talking crazy like I was. The humility was a parent, like I just I look like I didn't know I was sucking up game. Yeah, I was like, really, y'all gonna give me this much money? Really for real. You know what I'm saying. I knew how to hustle, I knew how to do the business, but I didn't know how to make the records. So it's not even just Orlaine, it's just everything, you know what I mean, like you yeah, everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People just if they feel like they can hustle you and somebody want to spend some money, they'll be like, yeah, I'm gonna do it. Like it's it's a thousand brothers picking up video camera shooting music videos and they don't have a passion for you mean.
Speaker 2: It's the end thing.
Speaker 3: Flogging just flogging ship. You know.
Speaker 5: What's the niggas We be laughing at bro tripod niggas. Uh try they call them the TRYI bros niggas. You know, you know they feel themselves walking in the target, walking.
Speaker 1: Back out of the target, getting out the shower, parking, the caring.
Speaker 7: Oh that means they have to keep getting out the car to reset the camera.
Speaker 5: And I'm like waking up in the morning, nigga to to like the camera was on the whole time and you're waking up opening the blind as if you didn't get back in the car in the.
Speaker 3: Bed and had to do it again, like that's a that's an will hustle, Like that's a thing, what's a real thing? Bro?
Speaker 1: It also scares me. I look, I genuinely believe intellect is a gift. You can nurture it, but you can't create it if it's not as if the light, if the light don't go off of people, it don't go off, And there's nothing you could do to make that light go off of people.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: You can educate them, right, you can push them in a correct direction, but you can't make them think. I mean, you can't teach people. You can develop thought again, and you can nurture thought, but you can't create the desire to know. And when you watch people, now, how people are sheep? I used to really believe. I used to be the furthest part of you know, worrying about gay people being on television or let's say, a trans person being on television, because I'm like, there's no way you convince me that there is a man who will take dick just because it's in, because that's a uh uh, like like a thing that's monetizable.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I never believe in a million years you could convince me a man would take dick or act like they take dick to make I did not, No, I didn't known the things that I didn't know create Oh a oh a man.
Speaker 3: This new this the new this the new ship right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, they doing it with the man.
Speaker 7: So now I'm genuinely convinced people will just say for pay or people will actually act like homosexuals to benefit they're doing.
Speaker 3: Man, It's like when I was just at this little fast.
Speaker 2: That's crazy ship. It's a crazy concept man. From where I come from.
Speaker 7: Almost sound unbelievable, but sh it's crazy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm watching people make decisions, and I realized, I'm starting to realize how many people was already on the edge of life in different places.
Speaker 2: He was already ready to go. They just let they just they just incentivized it for you. Hurd it up, you SA, you hurried up and pop.
Speaker 6: You and you paid.
Speaker 3: Always want to.
Speaker 2: Wear it now.
Speaker 7: From Atlanta? The boy from Georgia, Yo, what's going on here? I genuinely do not think he's a gay man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean whatever, I just it's only my I have a moral compass. You know, it's a certain there's no certain amount of money to make me compromise who I am as a man for that's some weird those ship. So I guess if you really want to get out that bad of whatever situation, that there's another way then you having to to emasculate yourself in front of the world because you can never unring a bell. So you may say that you don't think they are, but I have. I mean, I have my own opinion on and shit like that, But I mean I've also seen dudes that are you know, whatever they are, you know what I'm saying, and still be thugged out. I've seen all that shit we all have. We're not oblivio, We're not oblivious to it. My whole my whole issue with the whole thing is just at this point in time, twenty twenty four, just be who you are, man, because who you who else? Who you see right here? Who you glasses? I know you to be him west Side. We ain't got no reason to front what you say, perpetrate the fraud, you know future if you a certain way, just be that way and be proud of that shit, man.
Speaker 5: Because you could be anything you want now and people be okay with it, like, oh I get it, Like you're brave or whatever, like you could be.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want, like you could be anything. We seen it. You were just talking about it like you know, like like.
Speaker 2: I really you.
Speaker 7: Know, I don't believe it flat flat.
Speaker 5: You can be anything with angels in the outfield, say it can happen.
Speaker 3: Happen.
Speaker 7: Oh God, right there, it can happen.
Speaker 3: Bro, his imagined it can happen.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Nah, I used to think I knew every day, man, I'll be learning some ship and I didn't.
Speaker 7: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Bro, I really didn't realize how many sheep we're out there and I'm not sheep is not a negative connotation.
Speaker 7: It's funny because it'll.
Speaker 1: Be people that sheep telling me I'm a sheep and I'm like, no, I thought about this all night.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: See, when you're dealing with the Internet and communicating with people who just hitting you out of their emotions and niggas got anime characters as they profile pictures, Bro, you gotta understand them.
Speaker 3: Niggas, it's a different level of loss. You gotta you. You literally are on here.
Speaker 5: You see something you don't like, go make a profile, get an anime character and type a nigga in disrespect him, Like, do you do you realize.
Speaker 3: How much of a whole ass loser nigga you gotta be to do that.
Speaker 5: And they all over the internet and you and you having a conversation with some ship you didn't study, you really paid attention to you. You're giving real information on your with your thoughts, and they had just come just to say, shut your bitch ass up.
Speaker 3: Nigga, you ain't.
Speaker 7: Six tweets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got two followers.
Speaker 1: All this ship is when they be getting you about engagement and they got twelve followers and no likee. They be like, you only got one hundred and seventy lights and be like could that be your choice?
Speaker 2: We has likes.
Speaker 3: Picture niggas saying it killing me right now.
Speaker 5: I clicked all the niggas. I click on their profile. Go look at their profile. Be like it makes sense, bro, the colder you look at just go look at it.
Speaker 3: You like, look at this.
Speaker 1: When I made two pac months dying and came out and it's people like you just trying to get paid on you, trying to get successful off another man's name and their name would be mcavelly to go and it's a picture of Tupac and they.
Speaker 7: What you do and they posting all this videos and free and I'm like, what the fuck.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean, you didn't film that ship and nothing?
Speaker 1: Yea, I have one song, like their whole profile be dedicated to Tupac and the following they got is because they post about two parts.
Speaker 7: I made one song in one video.
Speaker 3: Man, them niggas will get on here.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I didn't got so disrespected in comments before.
Speaker 6: I just laughed, like, damn, nigga.
Speaker 7: That a dude told me today he like me and why you on Drake dick so hard? And I was like, damn. And I looked at his profile picture.
Speaker 1: It was a picture of Drake and then his signature said O v oh mark and all his posts was different Drake things. I'm like, oh, you're on Drake's dick. I'm just giving an analysis of what I saw, and you're on his dick. You're like you O v oh like them people don't know you, like you're.
Speaker 5: Aware tweeting that ship under a house nigga would have had raccoon nigga like just weird old niggas.
Speaker 3: Just you know what I mean, just two niggas is different.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, man, I wish you had something to where you can see the niggas that that like in real time typing it.
Speaker 3: I wish you yeah, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Dude was like, yeah, if I see you and if I see you in the six, I'm like, bro, you can tell people who really know me. They just free tweeted it laugh because they'd be like if you saw this, nigga, you just and I'm like.
Speaker 7: You you lucky, your little bitch.
Speaker 1: Ass, and I'm just like, it's hilarious, bitch ass, nigga, you just hating. And I'm like they'll be like, yeah, you you have a half a career and I'm just looking at you like you don't have a twelfth of a career.
Speaker 9: They call you bro, they call you bro, like, nigga, how do you know I have more money than you? Type because you you you broke money right now.
Speaker 1: I don't have more money than Drake, But I'm not talking about Drake's money. Like I would never talk about somebody that like, I would never speak about like like how we did the live stream about j co I would never talk about j Cole's rap skills.
Speaker 7: I would never in a twine in a million.
Speaker 1: Years, when I play with that nigga rap skills, we could focus on the topic. I'm not gonna get loose. I'm not gonna start playing with what this man do in the booth. Just like Drake, I don't play with niggas who I know is excellent that they crap.
Speaker 2: What just put just pointing things out, just just pointing out specifics, specifics, specific characteristics.
Speaker 7: Play in my arena behaviors.
Speaker 1: I don't play where I know niggas ain't to be played with, and I put respect on the position that they ain't to.
Speaker 7: Be played with.
Speaker 3: Drake learned this lesson.
Speaker 2: Because give a disclaimer, like like in no way, shape or form, and yeah, I'm playing with this guy's pen. I'm merely stating a fact. I'm just merely giving you my take on this situation, on this specific situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they oh conclusion life, Yeah you just talking ship. You can't fuck with these niggas.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, that's different part of the conversation.
Speaker 1: And that's different too, because again I've said it like Drake for sure, you know what j Cole for sure, his pen is sharp and it may be even maybe better than mine. Like I can't play with him. That niggas an A plus. He's a songwriter, he's MC. But it's different getting into a conflict with another MC, especially one that has a grasp on culture. And that's where somebody like Drake got it wrong with Kendrick. With Kendrick is don't get me wrong, he's just his quality of an MC is Drake. Maybe Drake is a Tabit could be considered more of a songwriter, right, But at the end of the day, you know what I mean, it won't be that far. But where he didn't measure correctly is when it came to culture. He measured that ship wrong. When I tell you he got it wrong, he got it wrong. I mean he got it show motherfucking wrong. Dog that it don't even make no sense.
Speaker 3: And that's what.
Speaker 1: Queen, that's where I think it makes the most sense. Where again I was telling trapping him earlier, it's their fault. It's New York people's fault that make people think that it's just about writing and rapping.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: This is something difference. We were talking about hustle culture.
Speaker 1: We're talking about how everybody is looking on Instagram right now, right, and they are just emulating somebody else hustle. I was telling him a story about my homeboy, Stage shout out to my homeboy. Stage Age told me big Daddy you He told me he was gonna open up a barbecue joint. I'm like, Stage, you never barbecue like that before. He's like, I put someone on the grim, Like no, like you know you barbecue. He was like, no, it's still gonna work. I'm I hire a cook and I get some girls and then I'm gonna call it big Daddy and I'm Big Daddy. And Stage is five ft eleven, one hundred and twenty five pounds, soaking wet with tim zone and a thousand pounds of pennies in his pocket. But because he saw somebody else on Instagram doing well with a barbecue joint, he like, I can do that too.
Speaker 7: He don't even care that he really can't. Barbecue.
Speaker 4: Was playing on making get money, money, money, money, that.
Speaker 3: Nigga. It's about this nigga. That's what niggas be on.
Speaker 7: For Get this money, nigga to get these fine bro I'm not.
Speaker 5: You brisket on skates Nigga and Daisy dukes, niggaig.
Speaker 2: This could be dry.
Speaker 4: I'm taking two of those.
Speaker 2: You a piece of supported.
Speaker 1: They don't got no smoke ring coming back to twine, they don't got no bark. You don't when you hold it up, fall and fold and mother.
Speaker 6: But but this is what But this is what it is though, and we we could heare that. We compare hip hop to this all the time though. So it's like it's like when you go and you say, yo, you have some good food from you know what I'm saying, nigga gonna nigga point me to McDonald's. I'm saying that's there, ain't nothing but some trash ass hip hop right there. It ain't really know what I'm saying, gonna do anything for my soul right there. It's the same ship within that though, you know what I'm saying, So like like a nigga. But but it's gonna be soving for for for a moment though.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Though, I don't know if McDonald's would be considered trash ass hip hop.
Speaker 7: McDonald's is pop.
Speaker 3: Music, s Backstreet you know what to expect.
Speaker 6: No, Yeah, no, I don't agree with that. It's it's some trash ass McDonald's hip hop. That's that's all saying.
Speaker 4: I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Depends on what McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Telling and still sell records. Bullshit that sell records.
Speaker 7: Who is McDonald's trash ass hip hop?
Speaker 4: Travis Scott?
Speaker 3: Can you say that he rap?
Speaker 7: Make Travis Scott hip hop man?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 7: Scott makes rage music.
Speaker 4: No he makes hip hop?
Speaker 7: No he doesn't.
Speaker 4: It's a yeah. He knows about his form though, too, because you know what, it's original, that's that's not that's not just a little many means behind him that's doing the same ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hip hop is not original. I don't know where you got that from. Needed No, it's not not one of the songs.
Speaker 4: They know what.
Speaker 6: You know what Seanta the other day Yo Sean said, before hip hop came around, the record player was in the playing section.
Speaker 2: Coming around.
Speaker 6: You say, I've seen the recordlayers in seeing ash. I believe it because we made a record.
Speaker 4: Player an instrument. Wow, you know what I'm saying. On some real Yes, that's origionality.
Speaker 1: That's that's repurposing something. No, that's not originality, that's reperson that's repurposing something. Listen, I do think hip hop is all about some level of uniqueness, but it's not about dire originality.
Speaker 7: And I think also, this is a whole other.
Speaker 1: Conversation that I want to do on the Live tomorrow on Monday rather, but that's what we're talking about with hip hop. Like I think we're in this desperate straight like hip hop and start. What's crazy to me is trapp hip hop and gang banging are so much the same.
Speaker 7: It's pissing me off.
Speaker 1: It's exactly the same when the G homies in New York shout out to the g homies that I fucked with from the Bronx of Spaish, the old g homies that showed me love when they were starting hip hop in sixty nine.
Speaker 7: We were starting crips and bloods in sixty nine. It's all driven from.
Speaker 1: The same poverty and the dire need to express what's going on and in the current situations and enjoy yourself and all that.
Speaker 2: But there is this weird.
Speaker 7: Space to where we keep trying to make people a part of it. Like I got into it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have my little homie on the podcast. We got into a real argument because this nigga keep trying to put on people that we don't know. Oh, it's a lot of that, and that's happening in every community. Like Travis Scott does not call himself a hip hop artist, He calls himself a rage artist.
Speaker 7: Lil Uzi vert calls himself a rock star, but him pop.
Speaker 1: People are so desperate to get people in that they just letting anybody in when they don't want to be that one. Really, as black people, we should be really pushing them to go back and colonize other ship like rock, Like we should be pushing Little Uzi to be in the rock category. Because it's okay for that brother from Philly to redefine rock music because we started it anyway. It's okay for Travis Scott to make an alternative style that he called rages and it creates his own category. But the fact that we keep trying to lump it into hip hop when it's not influenced to a full degree by hip hop, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's the easiest thing to call it too, because people really don't have.
Speaker 7: Cold trying this on a live stream. Nigger rapper nigga.
Speaker 2: If it's it's it's said whatever, they want to call you a ninja like that, It just call you a rapper.
Speaker 7: Past four albums over forty years.
Speaker 2: He not even a rapper though, that's just crazy. He's rapp albums.
Speaker 7: They call it rapper P Diddy, liquor longer than been a rapper.
Speaker 1: That's so closed, longer than he's been a Rapperuff owns a TV network. Why is it when Cuz on the television right now for this court case, they be like rapper P Diddy.
Speaker 3: Bro, they already know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Bro, he created some she created some ship when you came up with.
Speaker 7: He got the hard e r he got? Did he goes back to the court again today nigger Shan.
Speaker 3: Combs, imagine being a.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 7: You know that's what they said, because guess what trap.
Speaker 1: If they say liquor executive Sean Combs, he might be innocent. If they say network owners, he might be innocent.
Speaker 7: If they say I'm newer Sean Coins, he might be innocent. But you know what if they say rapper puff nigger puff, rapper, rapper, rapper, Sean.
Speaker 4: Rapper, former crack dealer, that is crazy Bill being a crack dealer.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to tell y'all, but this is but I want us to stop doing it within saying, Coach, if people tell us that they are doing something, we should push them to do that and enjoy what they're doing versus dragging them into the fold.
Speaker 7: Like, same thing, with this same thing, with this crippon, stop putting people on that. Don't grow up with you. What are you doing? Why are you allowing these strangers to claim the fame?
Speaker 1: And it pissed me off, trap because I used to get into it all my homies, bro, and they be like, man, don't say no smart ship. You know how fucking irritating that is. Like you have a great idea. Niggas don't want to hear because I hear that smart man. He's saying that's smart ship.
Speaker 3: Tell you he see you thinking about your answer.
Speaker 7: Here you go, you're gonna say some smart ass ship.
Speaker 3: Smarty, my nigga, that's.
Speaker 4: All I want to do.
Speaker 7: Smarty Cuz I remember I was telephone.
Speaker 1: Right, were getting thousands of thousands of dollars a week, all of us ourselves.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, we should put together.
Speaker 1: We should take three hundred apiece and put it together and give a homie a scholarship who get good grades.
Speaker 2: Smart seventh Street, that's your new alias Smarty Smarty Low.
Speaker 7: Last week. I got my homies last year.
Speaker 1: This is a real story, bro, I told this story before I tell you how to get This is just hilarious because yeah, probably can't make an exact same thing I tell the homies. I said, hey, man, I said we should all pay a text. They said what I said, Yeah, we should pay a tax. I mean like, if we all put in twenty five dollars a month, everybody that cleaned the shit, we could get the young homies who don't got insured. We can need a group rate on them who gang banging, they can have insurance so if something happened to them, at least when it's time to bear and their mom get a check. All the homies are some good standing. That's in prison, you feel me. We can make sure they keep money on their books so they can they not living a bad life.
Speaker 3: At least they have something.
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 4: What you doing about right?
Speaker 2: It's not hope, I hope keep it that ship nowhere?
Speaker 7: Oh no, it's not.
Speaker 4: It's not really weird. But where is the money.
Speaker 7: None of us is hustling no more?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: The money coming from anywhere, niggas come from.
Speaker 7: Better got taxed got of course he got get taxed again.
Speaker 1: But that's not the point. Old their homies on the truck. The other homie owned the motors, put together motorcycles for the living. None of these niggas is hustling no more. Okay, niggas have elevated. Niggas went to prison when I when I when hip hop saved my life and I built that arc nigga.
Speaker 7: God gave me that art design because the flood was coming. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Everybody I was hustling went to the fans or prison probably within the next You.
Speaker 4: Tell me, once hip hop came in your life, you left, you left the streets alone completely.
Speaker 1: I never saw the serf stick again, never sold the ounce, never plugged nobody with a ziff nothing.
Speaker 7: I prayed for God, I swear to God. That's why in twenty.
Speaker 1: Eleven I went to start to figure it out, and I was like, I need I owe this a lot more than that I've been giving it. I mean, I shouldn't be hustling, and I need to really know what's going on.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that first off.
Speaker 1: Y'all do such a terrible job of telling people that it means something more y'all keep using this dumb ass element like Bro, that' shit too vague, Like I read too much to be thinking that DJing is hip hop nigga. That was DJ's before hip hop. I knew that before whatever, Bro, Bro, I put you on the what you gonna call yes the other day? You wasn't going to call with cash.
Speaker 2: That hip hop d be yes?
Speaker 1: If you as a as a Queen's nigga, brothers a New York nigga, if you don't tell people how you DJ is what makes it hip hop, not DJ.
Speaker 4: In so that put the record on and just put the record on.
Speaker 7: This like I'm a hip hop nigga.
Speaker 3: That's why I shot getting a hundred thousand nigga.
Speaker 7: The press play yes because shot hip hop?
Speaker 4: Though shap hip hop.
Speaker 2: Do y'all still use the term gaffle in the land. No gaffle.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna bring it, bring it back, bring it back on the list right there with a grand Master. I like that.
Speaker 7: Yep, we need to bring back grand Master.
Speaker 4: That's on the list. That's on the list, Mark whoever went nowhere?
Speaker 7: Mark still pops. It is a Mark Gaffle for sure.
Speaker 10: That bamboozle ain't with nowhere nowhere that that's going nowhere for New York. Son is I should I'm still calling the son. I think white people call each other son.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't say God nowhere.
Speaker 6: What about if you're speaking now, it's like if you speaking to it, were actually speaking to you know what I'm saying, somebody saying the five percent? You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna call him God like that. I ain't gonna really call it. No regular call anybody.
Speaker 4: God ain't doing that. Se Master coming God.
Speaker 7: He's a regular nigga to get his son.
Speaker 6: Huh son son, Yeah, son all, Dad might not might get a thumb, you know, I mean nothing so heard. You ever heard how they came up with the how they came with the turn thun?
Speaker 4: No Jui I said it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 6: It was a dude from Queensbridge with a speech impediment. We always trying to say son, but we were trying to say Sonny say thun. So everybody just trying to say this ship.
Speaker 7: Came up with Cuz.
Speaker 1: It was one nigga named just cause his name was James Cuz Robinson. He used to call everybody Cuz. And he passed away and that just became the thing, nigga, I'm telling you, hip hop.
Speaker 7: And cripping and blood. It's just the fact everybody publicized we got better movies.
Speaker 6: That's a fact. I said, y'all, I forgot. I mean, that's what I mean. Like and it was, and it all took place around the same timeline. Though, to b that's the crazy about it. We're just on different separate coast, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's that could be, you know what I'm saying, Like, like I said, when we when they reached over to New York, I'm gonna say, like ninety four ninety five, you didn't know what the fuck they were doing with that shit. Be niggas came with their own rules being like yo, niggas, know what I'm saying, Like they started doing their own that shit was different, you know what I'm saying. I guess I guess hip hop reached over over on the West or the South. I would say probably like eighty six or some shit like that. Eighty eight, and when we started seeing what hip hop looked like, like like that's why I'm matt. When would you feel like the first time you seen hip hop? What hip hop looked like outside of New York mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Egyptian Lover. Egyptian Lover was like around. Egyptian Lover was in the in the early to mid like early eighties. Like Egyptian Lever came right after like when Grand Master Flashing and was hot. What else came being down South like Ghetto Boys, eight Ball, MJG. But then there's a dude from the Bronx Uh. His name is mc sha d mc shads Like he was like one of the first dudes to help Atlanta like get anything jumped off. So yeah, it's like the it's like the like the earlier mid eighties, wasn't that long after like running Them came out that you started to hear records come from the West Coast.
Speaker 6: What I've heard it always heard it was too short and came to the West Coast. Nah was making dra don't don't do that hip hop man record.
Speaker 2: He made a record called Cabbage Fatch. She made a record called Cabbage Patch with World Class Record crew.
Speaker 7: Yes he did.
Speaker 2: He didn't just make that.
Speaker 4: Bro. I'm not gonna got West Coast.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you what we know, me being official West Coast nigga.
Speaker 1: Please and I'm so grateful that hip hop has inspired me in a way to really understand what happened. There were red hip hop records coming out on the West in nineteen eighty one. I think we had this conversation Rappers Rap Disco Company. I told you they were making answer records to all the big New York records. Right, So when rappers, the lights started going crazy and it reached the Cross to the West and ninth and it was a smash and it was popping this particular company, Rappers Rap Disco Company, And most people don't know disco was a huge part of hip hop and this inception you gotta really know about, you know, Fat Boys being a disco three and CuMo did and the Treachers and ah blah blah blah. How much disco is in there. So in nineteen eighty one, you should look it up. There's a song called Jigglo Rap by Captain Rap that was the West Coast answer to rappers Delight, right, And then after the message in eighty three, in nineteen eighty four, they came back with a record produced by which is one of the first records ever produced by Teddy Riley. Excuse me not Teddy Riley, but Jimmy jam Terry Lewis called bad times. So this is all right, within a less than a twelve month frame from when New York start putting out hip hop now when it started looking and taping taking a true shape in true hip hop form is six in the Morning. That's when you start getting what we in the morning.
Speaker 6: That's eighty five s Yeah but yeah, too short came out eighty five but don't stop rapping.
Speaker 1: Yeah but but I think even when he tells me the story, they're at the same time, they're the same time. So that's when you start culturally getting us, not just rap songs. So again, we had hip hop records early, Like I don't, I don't know if it's right. I need to talk to them, you know. I mean, I think it's fair if I asked him. But I don't necessarily call it West Coast hip hop as much as I call it hip hop on the West Coast.
Speaker 6: But this is what I mean by that though, right because even like when he came out with six in the Morning, he was saying, he said himself, though he took school, he took us the name. You know, I'm saying the cats and everything, so it still wasn't like, actually, y'all authentic. When Short dropped that ship Don't Stop rapping, that was authentically West Coast hip hop right there. No, it's still even our eyes outside of the West, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But even Short said it was still inspired by the same thing that Sylvia Robinson was doing. But he can only do it, he said, when he tried to emulate them and sounding way so ice t. It's when when I asked him, it was always like, I like how he structured the song, but I wasn't like he was with the sixties. And they said, when we don't want to rap about no DJs or no MC and we want to talk about what's going on where we're from. And that's why officially it's kind of the first what's too short in that regard, whereas like what they started talking about versus again, like when you take some time, if you're listening to this podcast, google Captain Rap, Google Disco Rap, you know disco rapper, Rappers Rap, Disco Company, you hear Captain Rap, Snoop Doggs Verse, some of the two Snoop Dogg Verse, Blood Cuz Gang Bag and everybody in the put back from that same company.
Speaker 2: It was a rap.
Speaker 7: That came from that same company.
Speaker 1: Uh bad Times was our answer to the message again produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, same rapper, rap disco company.
Speaker 7: So there were records here happening fast.
Speaker 1: But you don't really get respected hip hop until culturally we can see it, until we start to see your own identity. There are don't get me wrong, there are some people who got a lot of love you. I mean, you start talking about ninety three to Infinity. You know, the stuff Farside was doing where it didn't have to be heavily drenched in our street.
Speaker 6: New York sympathizer was talking about. Okay, that's the guys you was talking. I heard about them, guys heard about but.
Speaker 1: They was dope and they had great records, you know what I'm saying. And you love the records. But they felt like New York, I mean the way they.
Speaker 7: Felt at that time, So not feel like a New York record role as a.
Speaker 4: No no, no no, I'm bugging. The break of It is a boom bat song.
Speaker 1: But so again n w as all boom back so again, like you, you had to really look at what mal was doing, especially if you came out in that second tier, like like Drake. When dra started making hip hop, you know you you had to look at Mare, you had to look at the Juice Crew. It just it was no other way you you you know what I mean. It became your foundation. But he took his too, He took his back rock, He took his background at R and B and was able to do more with melodies than let's say, per Se Marly maul right because he came from making you know, surgery.
Speaker 7: They was already making kind of like this electro music.
Speaker 1: Because at that time, uh Cuz took over Egyptian Lover I mean, he started Egyptian Lover Song was huge. Egypt Egypt was big, and that was our answer. That was our answer to Planet Rock. Listen to some time, Go listen to Planet Rock, and then after that, listen.
Speaker 7: To Egypt Egypt and you will hear it.
Speaker 1: So again, New York has always been set in the stage on what should happened. We didn't really get our hand on hip hop into no real true way, DJ Quick Tonight. And then when Death Row happened, g I think that's when you started hearing that we had something that felt a little bit completely unique away from what New York had been doing. That's when we started being influential. When you listening to w A outside of the conversation.
Speaker 3: On a larger scale, Yeah, yeah, we we only.
Speaker 1: Talked about what they would know because if other than that, we're gonna talk about Spade and T, we gonna start talking about some ship that was big here. I mean, but it wasn't as big Spade and T was like they sounded like yeah, yeah, you know what I mean said they was playing so still hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but all of them, that's what I'm saying. We had a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Remember we had the boy uh Snake Puppy right, La dream Team. We had huge la sounds that didn't say, don't like New York. But that's probably why they didn't go. The first thing that went over there, it's probably gonna be at a high level is death Row on a successful level.
Speaker 2: Look, where was a club New Vogue from? Wasn't it from the land Winn from out there?
Speaker 7: While y'all no, you're talking about rumors?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's the bab okay well yeah yeah five hours away yeah yeah yeah, so uh yes, that's micing them that sun the hook on I got five on it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. So no.
Speaker 1: So again it's like, uh, I think we just got a hustle culture and we don't have no passion in it. And I think there's no passion in it because everybody just pursuing money.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: They just hustling.
Speaker 1: And like I said evincedly, if you just keep exchanging your time for money, you're gonna have a problem.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 1: Eventually, start to figure out what your natural thing is and get a passion and building that versus looking at the next person on social media and saying, oh, they got a barbecue joint, I can open one. Two nigga, you don't know how to barbecue. Yeah, you might could hustle some people and cheat some people, and some people.
Speaker 7: Might buy because you got the right marketing.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, if you figure out what you do great and take that hustle and put it into what makes you unique and special and what you got your experience at niggas just open up barbecue joints.
Speaker 7: It ain't barbecue for a year.
Speaker 2: What's the second single off an LL's album called Passion Passion Passion and he says that too.
Speaker 7: People like passion.
Speaker 2: It's about passion, bro.
Speaker 7: Everybody's just in the pursuit of a bag.
Speaker 1: But it's like, bro, that is not again, if you have to exchange your money, your time for money, man, it ain't worth it.
Speaker 3: And then watching people who they think getting the bag, who are not getting the bag.
Speaker 7: They learning about getting the bag.
Speaker 5: It's like y'all think, oh, y'all think that's making a lot of money. Like it's not making them money.
Speaker 6: Do you realize back when Wu Tang first came out, niggas bragging about riding around at monsters and MP He's biggie.
Speaker 7: Was probably getting three thousand dollars a show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, but.
Speaker 7: He kept the book. It's gonna change their life.
Speaker 2: They kept the buck right.
Speaker 5: Doing something you nigga wouldn't even getting, Like, damn nigga, I got paid because niggas.
Speaker 1: Wasn't even getting five Jesus shows twine, they wouldn't even That was them over exaggerating.
Speaker 7: Five Jesus shows was an over exaggeration.
Speaker 2: Meloy Meldon was splitting up to two hundred, three hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: That's back when you show back in the day.
Speaker 6: You know who thought that is though, right, who is that? Who fault is it that they love? He brought the diamond and the glisten, He brought the old, the whole Backado. It's like, Yo, you know what I'm saying, we're doing. We're doing the look, we're doing the show. What the fucking we're doing?
Speaker 2: The man chick who did that?
Speaker 3: From Juicy?
Speaker 6: From Juicy on be it was the whole put big in the suit, all that ship he gave it gave more value to hip hop. People looked at hip hop. I'm saying, Yo, the niggas get money, so you had to. So now from that point you gotta approach it to that way.
Speaker 3: Did you call him?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out who you did? You call him the deadler? Look the whole time, I'm like, glass, why he while he while he while you dropping his jewels? I'm like, who the fuck is he talking about?
Speaker 7: I think that he's doing that too to fit the mafioso rap ship that they was on.
Speaker 6: No, it was also the Champagne and the video all thattually. Remember you sent me one talent, bro. You sent it to me one time last year. All they do, all they do is try to they all they do is try to ors you know what I'm saying, wealth and so our community and what I'm saying, and people glamor you say you said it, dope.
Speaker 1: The one time they try to make they try to sell wealth to us exactly so well, but back in.
Speaker 3: The day, if you heard a nigga got a record deal when you was young, when he was young, he thought he was rich, type ship record deal and you rich, that nigga rich, it's a game.
Speaker 4: It was Bentley Billy.
Speaker 7: I actually was an am rich to some degree. But the dude, that's joke.
Speaker 4: By niggas in that the first check or the first check, the first check.
Speaker 5: Hey look when that nigga, Hey look when I met Glass. I'm telling I met glasses.
Speaker 3: Nigga.
Speaker 5: We was in the apartment rapping with like the nigga want like got it right when I first met this nigga, mattress.
Speaker 3: No sheet on it in the room. Nigga got it.
Speaker 5: Next time, nigga, I ain't see him in a couple of years, and this nigga with game is crazy. Then like a few months after that, they said this nigga got one point said he was he was like the nigga, that Larry Parker commercial, nigga.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was over after that nig Bentley, it was over after he sat.
Speaker 7: It was blue?
Speaker 2: It was blue?
Speaker 7: Was it blue?
Speaker 4: Maybe blue? By right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: But again that ain't the point. The point I'm saying is that's example of not having like I had a like. I didn't even have enough passion. And that's kind of why that's my point.
Speaker 2: Like, like just right here, who did this right here? When they sing the whip.
Speaker 8: Everybody by the dropped top South he was liked.
Speaker 1: And I'm jumping out the friction and everything. I'm looking crazy and I'm just really shot. Niggas it was bad.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful. It's beautiful, man.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, I'm at the Roscoe. I'm at the roscos at P and B got slumped the bro.
Speaker 7: All the time. I should really just pork right there. I'm just there sitting on the bricks with the homies.
Speaker 4: Purposes.
Speaker 2: Only man, when you was plugged there so you could be there like everybody.
Speaker 7: I mean, you can't.
Speaker 1: It's I was born here and that ship still you that's still could happen to me. You ain't a past, right, I get it, but you know what I'm saying. I get Well, Look we finish wrapping up.
Speaker 2: No sellings. You give me. We're right back on that part right there. My boy Trap Brashole popped there.
Speaker 1: Let y'all make sure y'all eighty HD motherfucking clubhouse together.
Speaker 2: They got to crack.
Speaker 1: My man Twine Mac, the true original founder of a Dog contemporary hip hop, my man Joey Westside, one half of the l A Giants, one third of the super group one ten.
Speaker 7: New album coming soon. That part right there, Man, we out this?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 1: And looking for tuning in to the No Sellers Podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced about the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: Yeah