Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Overcome for podcast. I am your host, Jennica Lopez. Thank you guys so much for watching and listening from where where you guys are at and choosing this episode today. I'm so excited to have such an amazing conversation with this amazing couple, Jen and Christian Garcia. Yes, there you go. We're gonna be just having a good chit chat and getting to know each other. I want to be very honest and I want to be very respectful in all aspects, and you know, approach everything, so I apologize if I you know, I don't want to offend or in any way. This is like first, you know, I want to let that, let that be known, and that way we can address it and just talk about it like normal people, and that way, you know, that way everybody knows too, like we're cool. I'm excited because this is obviously my first time meeting you guys. I've heard so much about you. Actually, one of my best friends told me, like, get them on the podcast, owe me, and which I'm so happy that we got it to work out. I don't know, talking about learning new things and talking to new people is something I've learned to enjoy and to hear everybody's story differently, and especially you guys. You guys have a unique relationship. I want to know how you guys met, how all that worked out. You guys have a podcast. We have a lot of things to talk about here, you guys, so let's get into it. I want to know how you guys meant. This is Jen, this is Christian.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 1: You guys are cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah them.
Speaker 3: I don't think you would.
Speaker 1: Anyway, No, but I would love to, like just to get to know you guys, and you know your guys' story and how you guys grew up and all that all right, and that he's a talker.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I talk a little too much coming off. You need to go ahead, you start, because.
Speaker 2: Should I say, my version has more crazy?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, take the wheel.
Speaker 2: So we actually met, you know, when we were in our party era. There's sauce and stuff everybody. So yeah, so he was in his thing, I was in mine. And when I first met him, I actually didn't like him because I thought he was a no, like cocky and he was like see like he would always be like you know, mister MG daddy, and I was like secrets you know, and so eventually, like we just continued hanging out. I wouldn't talk to him at all because I, like I said, And one day, you know, we went to the car, like it was those times where you go somewhere, you go to the car to drink and then like allowed drinking inside, yeah, like a pregame thing. And he happened to be in the car. Yeah, and I was like, oh, great, he's in here. I'm like, but whatever, I gotta get my drink, you know. So I went in the car and he was there and we just drank and then I think he started the conversation and I was just and I don't know what happened, but like the conversation flowed so smoothly and we just talked like I don't even think we got out of the car. After that, we.
Speaker 3: Didn't do another great Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two babies, I know ten years later believe that. And like we just we're talking the whole time. And even our friends when they would come to the car, they were like, what the hell like that you know.
Speaker 1: Each other friends of friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so your friends and our friends were kind of tripping like are they really talking because they knew that I didn't like him because I would always be like, you know, like talking about you know.
Speaker 3: I have that riis you know what I'm saying for a reason what I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the rest is history. I mean, you know, we played our little game hard to get and stuff, but that's my version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was playing real hard to get. But you know, I already know how it. I knew that was in the bag already, but I gotta take some time. But this is so confident like that, and I think that's why. No, look, you'all look at mins and I do this in that battle at the end of the day. It's not like I'm not cocky at all. You know, I'm a humble person. I know where I come from, you know, but that's just how I carry myself. And I think it's it's it's good, you know, I think it's good. And it ended up getting it ended it ended up getting her. But yeah, so that's how we met and we just started talking. Everything flowed really good, and the rest I guess it's history. But yeah, she was playing hard to get. Look, it's crazy because let me put this far because he didn't put this part. We met, I mean, we met, we started talking a little bit more at this party we were at where we were like actually kind of flirting a little more, and then we got kicked out of there because my friends were acting up and we got kicked out of this party. So yeah, I hung out with some bad boys. So when we got kicked out of the party, you know, as I was on my way out, I still didn't have her number. So I was like, hey, like, let me get your number, and she didn't really want to get. She was still playing hard to get. She didn't want to really give it to me. So then I was like, hey, you know what, get my number down. Get So I grabbed her phone, her phone, and I put my number in there. And then yeah, I was like, now let's if she's really interested, she's gonna hit me up. Yeah, so you know the traditional way, I guess you get the girl's number, but I gave her my number. I was like I ain't losing this one, you know what I'm saying, And yeah.
Speaker 2: You give me your number. I was like, I'm not going to give you a.
Speaker 3: Mind playing hard and then uh yeah, we just started texting and then started hanging out without the friends, and that's when we knew, like Oh, so we're kicking it without the you know something, and yeah, the rest is kind of history. I guess you guys, uh, twenty one, twenty twenty, I was twenty. Yeah, we're thirty.
Speaker 2: No, well I had I was nineteen about it turned twenty and you had turned twenty one?
Speaker 1: Did you guys ever get like obviously judgment and he looks anything like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because for the viewers out there who don't know, because I'm sitting down, I don't know what you can tell. I'm a little dude, Like I'm four feet tall. I have dwarphism. It's not a disease. It is a condition. Just to educate people out there. Obviously she's five for five, and yeah, it's definitely different for someone like her being with someone like me, because in today's world, in today's society, you know, you get a lot of judgment, you know, like, oh, you're with the little guy, like oh that's funny or that's crazy. But you know, it's it's easier at the end of the day, Yeah, for sure. And at the end of the day, you know, I thank God for you know, putting this amazing woman my life. And we have an amazing family. We'll talk more about that in the episode, but I'm super blessed to have.
Speaker 2: When we first met, actually it was it was something that I had to get used to because everywhere we went, all eyes were on us, you know, and I wasn't used to that. He was used to that, but I wasn't. So I would tell him like, oh my gosh, like I think it would bother me more than it did to him, that the looks, yeah, the looks. And I would always want to fight people, you know, like we were looking at like I would be like what like And then one day like he told me like why, Like if it's not bothering me, why does it bother you so much? And I was like That's when it hit me and I was like, oh my gosh, that's true, Like I'm probably making him feel bad, you know, And that's when I kind of calmed down, and it was it was, it was. It took me time to adjust, but now like now we go out and I don't even pay attention to people unless I see someone like, you know, trying to be funny and like take pictures, videos and stuff. Of course, especially now that I have my kids, you know, I do.
Speaker 3: Like the other day, Mama Bear stands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other day I had to, you know, go after a lady and tell her to delete. She was taking pictures and videos of my kids and I told her, like, you better delete those pictures right now, like and she had her kids with her. That's what made it even worse.
Speaker 3: But it's not. It wasn't like taking pictures because they recognize us on social media, which is one of those where like because for those out there that don't know, our kids are also little like myself, my son and my daughter Camilla and Matteo, so you know we're we're different. Obviously you know, it does catch a eye. But yeah, she was just trying to be like you know, on the Loki, trying to film and like you know, and then she's seen I told her, look that ladies take it's uncomfortable. So look and it is. It is. You know, we're here to educating and we're not trying to We don't try to be like, you know, like rude to people. But when people do stuff like that, you know, it does bother you because they're kids, you know, do whatever. We mean, take pictures of me, but like when you start taking pictures of innocent child and trying to I know their intentions with it. It's it's not and it's just weird, like, oh, you're trying to take picture of my kids and like, yeah, so it is. But yeah she went after I made her delete.
Speaker 1: No, I would too, and I mean it's kind of similar.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 1: There's people that obviously like record my families or whatever, Like there was someone that was recording me eat the other day. Oh I'm saying, it's just uncomfortable. Like I think, at the end of the day, don't matter what it is, nothing nothing. You are human to treat everybody as a human, be kind. That's as simple as it is.
Speaker 2: That's so sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was so disappointing.
Speaker 2: That was the first time too that I actually caught someone to pictures of my kids, like it's and it's different like my kids to him. Yeah you know, so I was so mad.
Speaker 1: Obviously when you had your kids, I don't know, so please educate me as well. Did that did you know that they were going to come out the same way or was it like a possibility?
Speaker 3: So, so the way that works, like the science behind it. When it's a little person like myself with a contradplasure is the correct term, which is like the most common form of dwarfhism because it's like hundreds like because I know, you see different types of little people to defend in there, and they have different but the what I have is called a contraplasure. It is not a disease, is a condition. Both of my parents are average heigh and you know, so you know, yeah, I'm the only little person in my family. I have a brother and a sister. I am the oldest, but I'm the only little person in my family. So my parents had no idea till I was like three months. But I was born like you know, obviously a little baby. But at three months are like, oh, he's kind of growing a little slower than the regular you know, so then they already you know, kind of checking out. They're like, oh, yeah, he's going to be little and things like that. So now imagine then that they have no resources kind of like I mean, like now, so they're like, oh, so what does that mean? You know, is he healthy? Is he what's gonna Yeah, everything's good. He's just his limbs on his arms and his legs are a little short than the normal person or the average person and that's just how it is. So when it comes to me and my wife, since I'm little and she's average high, the chances are just fifty to fifty. So we know, yeah, there's those possibilities of having someone with a contraplace like myself or an average high baby. But but yeah, so I guess I don't know. I guess my jeans are stronger or something. I don't know. Yeah, that's just kind of how it happens. So yeah, we could have had someone of average height, but that's just how God wanted it. And you know, we're very blessing.
Speaker 1: They're healthy.
Speaker 3: You know, they're healthy. So yeah, we're super boy boy and the girl. Yeah we have our son Matteo, he's three years old, and then our daughter Camila, who is seven. Super super beautiful kids. We're so blessed, happy family, happy families.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're I was it growing up for you?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 1: For you? And like, how would you implement that on your kids? Because I feel like the world's a little bit more harsher now or less. I mean, obviously it might be different, but you know what I mean, Like, how would you help teach them because obviously they got to go to school and all that, and I wouldn't. I couldn't imagine how to like tell them or talk to them.
Speaker 3: Well, Ma, Thios three, you know, he understands some things. But Camilla, she's already seven. She has more of an understanding of things when we tell her and explain to her. But ever since she was younger as well, you know, we've always told them like, you know, you guys are different, this is this is what it is, but don't let that, you know, hold you back for whatever it is, and not trying to like sugarcoat things, but we tell them like, you know, it's going to be. It's a rough world that we're living in, and you know, the world we live in is not adapted to us, so we got to find a way to accommodate and just make it happen. So, yeah, we teach them to do things on their own and be very independent because you know, we're not going to be there forever. So yeah, we teach them that then. And Camilla, she's she takes that so very very good. And yeah, so me growing up, I grew up in like an urban environment on the block with the homies and my friends, and so I was the only little person in my group and young man, I'm talking to the meno, So no one's gonna call me harder than my homies, you know what I'm saying. So like that made me tough skin Like I grew up on the block, drinking forties whatever it can take, forty ouns bigger than me and stuff. But I never took life too serious. I knew I was different, but I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna make the best of it. And I just always been very confident ever since I was like younger. My mom always told me, like, you know, even when she would try to help me with things like okay, that use like no, Mom, like I got this. I got this just because I think being little and being different, I've always wanted to prove myself to show the world like, you know what, I can do this. It might be ten times harder or whatever, but I'm like, you know what, I'm I need to prove to myself really that I could do this, and you know, not be soft and like oh I need help and things like that. So yeah, grow gowing up honestly like I always taught gen. It sounds crazy, but I feel like I was kind of the bully. I was the bully, Like I didn't you know, if someone try to be mean to me, all was like I would stand my ground and be like yeah, like but I never you know. I think that is just the environment I grew up. All my friends were average high and they didn't treat me any different, you know they. I think that's what made it, like made me the person today too. Besides you know, my parents and things like that. But growing up on the block with the homies and them not treating me any different, still involving me with everything and just still doing bad stuff together and everything all around. I think that just made it like different for me. So I think it all allow us to do with how you're raised in the sense of like don't I mean, everyone's parents different. This is how I think, you know, how we do things. Don't like and close them too much, don't protect them too much because you're gonna not you're gonna make them soft. But like they gotta know, like it's a crazy world out there, you know. And I think sometimes some kids grow up to be very babied and very like oh no me, like, don't go out there. Like I was outside I was getting that vitamin d you know what I'm saying, Like I was outside twenty stuff. But I think in the long run, like it like it made me like who I am?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's how it was for me growing up school Everything was cool. And I'm not gonna sit here and say like, oh I was bullied, Like I just think it all comes down to how you carry yourself. And I mean obviously if you're I don't know different and you don't speak up and compose it, I mean, not compose yourself, carry yourself well, you know, because the bully's gonna Because people tell me, all right, how are you gonna have kids like that? If you know they're gonna get bullied. I'm like, look, it starts at home, dude. Worry about your kid. Make sure he's not gonna be a bully, you know what I'm saying. And whether the kid is little or big or small or wide or whatever it is you want to the bully's gonna be a bully regardless whether he has new shoes on or old shoes on. The bully's gonna find a way or so, you know, I think, just it just starts at home. Raise your kids to be good human beings, and that's just how I see it.
Speaker 1: You You're very confident, which I like, and I think that's what got her because if I can't imagine the way you was her like, all right, you guys, we're gonna go on a quick break and we'll be back with the Garcia family. Welcome back. Were you at any point like worried or scared?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was. You know, it was new to me too as well, you know, so I was I did a lot of research.
Speaker 3: Oh how did the question Google? How did the question you freaking Google? But this is this is funny, Like.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean, of course, like anyone, you know, I didn't know anyone who was little. Uh, you know, I've seen other little people, but I didn't really know much about you know. When I met him and I like started feeling things for him, I was just like, you know, obviously it's different. You know, he's different. So I started, you know, googling, like, you know, like, at what age do they die? You know, you know stupid question, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Is it gonna be around long enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, because I'm like, I don't want to fall in love and then he dies in like two years or something, you know. So I started, you know, just researching and like they're pretty much you know what to expect, you know, and if he were we were to have kids, like what can I expect? You know? And then that's when I found out, like it's a fifty to fifty chance and pretty much you know, it's just they could live a pretty healthy, normal life and obviously you know, it can come with complications just like anybody else. So yeah, I had to do my research, you know, before I got committed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so but you know what, like it makes sense though, because like if I put myself in her shoes, like I probably would have done the thing. It's like I'm like, oh wow, like you know, because you're not educating. And then I think that's why, Like on our podcast Love a little podcast, that's kind of what we like to push and educate people on, like you know, on doorfism and the different things and things like that, because a lot of people get a misconception of what it really is and because a lot of us little people are like it's like a gimmick on TV. What you see like you'll see like like him thinking of side, Like you'll see like they use us as something funny or like oh, you're an elf, like an elf in a movie, or you know, we're also business people. You know, we have regular families just like other people, and a lot of times the world doesn't see that, you know, And I think that's what we're here to do and use our platform to educate the world and like let everyone know, like you know, we're I'm a hustler too, I'm a business owner. You know, my beautiful wife, I got two beautiful kids who were capable of doing above and beyond, like you know, so yeah, I think it's very important to just educate the world. Then I always tell you it's not. There's never really like dumb questions on us. You know, your intentions are to be bad. But like I love when people are like, oh, what's the correct term for you guys? Or do we call you guys? I'm gonna say it which we don't really like to use because I'm here to educate, Like, oh, midget's like midget is not a correct term, and we take it very well. I want to say, like a fan, like it's just not a proper It just sounds it's derogatory, you know, it just sounds bad. So what we would like to be referred as is by our names, just like everyone else names Kia and that's Jen. But you know, obviously, if you're referring you know, you could say little person or the you know, LP or whatever. But the m where we don't like to use, just because in the little people community is just it's kind offensive, you know, because when they refer to someone, it's usually like they're clown, like, oh, look at the midget. It's it's like almost like they're referring us to an object. It's like look at the midget, like look at the like what the heck? Bro, Like that's weird. Yeah, you know so, and yeah, that's why. You know, we're here to educate the world. And it it's going to take us. It's day by day, little by little, but you know, a baby step is better than those steps, you know, which.
Speaker 1: I appreciate because that's why, like I want it. I opened up. I was like, you know what, I want to address it. I want to be you know, very respectful and I think in any any situation in general, like I want to I want I'm entering your world and I want to understand you guys and to see you know your guys' point of view, because obviously I don't understand a lot of people don't. And that's the point I love, and I love that you guys are educating people and that you take it very not lightly, but very gracefully. You're not like harsh about it, like you're an asshole about it. No, like you're just like, this is what it is and how you want to educate people, because I think people deserve to know, because you're right. The only way I knew about little People was on TLC and people would make fun of it and whatever. I don't I don't make but you know what I mean, Like it was like it was, it was taken as a joke, and I don't I don't you know, I don't think it's I don't think it's cool.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody has their own thing. It's like the way God wanted, the way God intended things, and that's why it is. And you have your purpose and your plan and you're living out your purpose and it's you know, educating and bringing light and obviously this is normal for a lot of people. People have this life and it's okay, and it's just.
Speaker 3: Ye, you're a little different, a little different, but you know, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Change who you are, doesn't change. It doesn't define you either. You mentioned you guys own a business. What business?
Speaker 3: Oh so I have? Well, I have a barbershop. I own a barbershop, and then we have have my own clothing brand and then we do the social media thing and all that.
Speaker 1: So okay, So yeah, you guys mentioned the podcast and obviously you guys talked about your social media. How did that all start too?
Speaker 3: So I've been talking.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. My family already knows that when he's around, I have to raise my hands.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, actually it's funny. I started around COVID. Well before COVID, we kind of had started, like people just started asking me on Instagram like, oh, you guys should like film and do blogs and stuff. And for a long time we had the camera like I'm not gonna lie, like for a whole year, but we never like, I don't know, we just it wasn't like our dream or goal like oh I want to be an influencer or yeah. So then people kept telling us and one day we were like, finally you picked up the camera. After like a year, and we just started blogging and filming and sharing like our life and people liked it. People liked it, and then covid came around. I uploaded a video of my husband getting home from work because he used to work construction. Okay, yeah, he used to be a supervisor at a like big construction company, and I just filmed him with like one of those songs and it blew up, It blew up, and it went viral like all over Instagram and TikTok and and then you know, more people just started following us, and we just kind of took that. We're like, okay, you know, and then that's when TikTok kind of had just came in. Our biggest platform is TikTok, and we just continued uploading like tiktoks of us and then it worked out. Yeah, and it worked out.
Speaker 1: And in the podcast, you also mentioned that you were working in the medical field. You left that what was happening during that time or was it because of this that you that you decided.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I was working in the medical field. And then when I had my daughter, you know, we were kind of struggling with like daycare and stuff like that, and I don't know. When I would leave her at day my eye is to take care of her, and then when I would come pick her up, she didn't want to leave sometimes, so that broke my heart. And I started getting like anxiety and stuff because she didn't want to be with well, not that she didn't want to be with me, but since like they were so good to her too there, you know. And I was like and I would tell him, like, oh my god, Like every time I talk about this, I get emotion. No I don't know why, but I know it's just hard, like having someone else raised your kid, you know. So and even like when I just talk to him about this, I always get emotional. Sorry, but like I never wanted to leat for my kid because me growing up, my mom was always working too, you know, so like I didn't I don't want my kid to go through what I went through. And I started getting anxiety. I would sometimes go to the heart hospital because I thought I was like getting a heart attack because just because of my daughter. Think because we had to put in a daycare and you know, you just think a lot of a lot of things. So my husband was like just quit, and I was like, I can't you know, I'm so used to having my own money, not that I couldn't rely on him, but when my parents raised me, yes, and my parents always raised me to like never depend on a matner, Like I had that mentality. So when he told me I was and then he's like, do it, I was like sure, He's like yeah, I called and I said I'm not coming back, and I didn't go back on him. And yeah, ever since then, I've been a stay at home mom, and you know, luckily social media was kind of you know, picking up for us and we're doing good. That's good. And then he quit his job like years after.
Speaker 1: Okay, but in the same part, I think it was the same where you said that you weren't able to get a job because they didn't want.
Speaker 3: To hire you with Oh yeah that was another Yeah that was a but that was prior to that job. Yeah, I had. I had went. It was a time where we were I really needed work. It was like desperate, you know, desperate times like I need a job with a different job, better paying job, whatever. Because I left I had just left some other job and I went to this job agency. Right, but you know, obviously I look different on my appearance on You know, I'm a four foot tall grown man, you know, and it's like I walk into this agency and I'm like, you know, I'm looking for work. I can do this, I can do that. This lady, the lady there comes up to me with like a paper and like a list of other job agencies. Right, It's crazy. This is real. This is real stuff. This is kind of stuff we gotta deal with as well, not just as little people, but being like different. You know. She came up to me and she's like, oh, we can't hire you here, but here's a list of other agencies that can hire you. And then I was just like like I didn't like really get crazy about her. And then I was just like, oh why not. She's like, oh, we can't tell you. And I was just like all right, and but I didn't know, what's the thing. I'm just like at the moment, I was just like, oh whatever, you know, onto the next because I don't get like, but her easy. I'm just like I'm not gonna sit there and cry and be all depressed and emo.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, Oh, it is what it is. They can't hire me. I'm gonna so then I left and then I like, I see with my wife talking to her. I was like, hey, so they they told me they can't hire me there because they just can't. They said they didn't give me a reason. So she the fend that, like she backs me up like crazy. She's like so she's like, oh no, that's not right, like that's not normal, Like you don't do that. But you know what, I think they seen me as a liability there, like they see me like it's I'll out, he said, said, I'm like, bro, I can do you know. And so long story short, one of her family members worked at that agency, but for a different state. Ironically, right, she called up that office and like was tripping, like what the heck you know, like and then they knew they weren't like like I could have done something, you know, but I'm not gonna do that. I could have like suit or whatever. Pressure. But long story short, because I did need a job. I mean I should have been like no, I don't want to work for you guys, but they I did end up working and then yeah, I got a job with them for a little bit. But yeah, long story short, people will judge you by your appearance.
Speaker 1: Which and I feel like they also judge you right because of all of everything. Yeah, but you know, obviously, you know what you signed yourself up for. Have you ever feeled like have you ever felt like damn, like any moment of like maybe doubt or like obviously you seem like the types of beut of the offense. I like, you know, because I would too, like but a lot of people don't understand why so obviously when you signed obviously, when you got with him and all that, and you know, you're you guys are in the community and you guys are in a beautiful family and it works for you. What is your take on obviously, you know when things like that happened, because to him, it's like whatever, Yeah, you know, like it is what it is. But for you, like what runs through your mind?
Speaker 2: Well, when that happened, I was upset because I was like, you know, they're discriminating him. You know, they're discriminating him off of you know, his appearance, his disability condition, whatever you want to call it. And you know that's why now with our kids, you know, we're raising them to know that they're different, and then that's going to happen, that that may happen you know, and that's also why our purpose of us of us doing social media, you know, to educate people. And you know, just just because you're different doesn't mean that, you know, you're uncapable of So we're pretty much you know, just want to open people's minds up. And obviously it upsets me, I think more because maybe once I was also naive. You know, sometimes you when, like he says, when you're not educated, you know, about a topic or something, you can be very naive, you know. So now that I'm educated on you know, which is Dwarfism, and I have an open mind, you know, I'm hoping that others, you know, can see that as well, and next time they run into someone who's different, whether it be Dwarfism, blind, whatever, anything that makes them different, Yeah, it's you know, let them give them that opportunity to prove themselves, to show you what they really cap rather than just having like being close minded.
Speaker 1: Of course, how was it explaining that with your family and friends? Was that?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, it's actually pretty funny. I always get this question, and my family was very supportive. They at least to my face. They never told me anything negative about him or about having a family.
Speaker 1: With him, anything about the kids.
Speaker 2: No, never, like I said to my face, behind my back, who knows, you know, I'm not sure. But when I actually because I'm really close to my oldest brother, so when I.
Speaker 3: She's the only girl.
Speaker 2: By the way, no, I'm not the only girl. I'm the youngest youngest girl. Yeah. So I told my brother, you know, like, hey, I'm at a I and you know he's short. You know, I just said he's.
Speaker 3: Short, and then he was like okay.
Speaker 2: He was just kind of like okay, and I'm like, no, he's like really short. And then he's like they didn't know who he was or no, they hadn't met him. And this is when I knew, you know that I was like serious, you know that I wanted to be with him and stuff, and he was just like okay, like so w be short. And then I didn't know how to tell him that he was a little person because I was scared of, you know, to get like a bad reaction, you know or something. And I told him I'm like, he's a little person, and then I think he was like, oh, you know, like okay, okay, and he was just he was like, well if if that if you're sure about it, like then you know it is what it is. And one thing he told me is he's like, I just hope it's not like you just getting an experience or or like playing with him, you know, as like a joke or like a fun thing. Yeah, like a fetish, you know, because many people, let's talk about it. Well yeah, well, I mean, you know, people have fetish for everything. But like I get a lot of comments like on my socials like, oh, she must have a fetish, Like, no, I don't have a fetish. I've never been with another Yeah, I've never been with a little person before him, Like I'm just never into little people. Like if me and him or something, he was not here anymore, Like, no, I probably would not date another little person because it's not a fetish, you know. So let's clear the air. Yeah, and I because of yeah, because of him, you know. And my parents. When I told my mom, she was very like, okay too, Like she was like, well, actually, my my mom where she grew up in Mexico, I think that was like a family of little people. So it wasn't like us because.
Speaker 1: We've kind of understood it more right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I always talk to. I'm like, because in my school there was two little people as well. I was like, it was God preparing future.
Speaker 1: What's going to happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always tell him. I think God was preparing me for my future, you know. And my dad this it's a funny story. Okay, I'm pretty sure your mom probably performed. Okay, yeah, I don't know if you remember back then, but they used to have little people, you know, bull fighting like a show Torrero's, prior to like the singers. Well, my dad used to take us a lot like.
Speaker 1: This was yeah, this was God.
Speaker 3: Okayn, little people here, someone here. Yeah, given a couple more years, I'll bring another one out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they would take you, he would yeah like that was like he used to love taking us and we used to like going too. And so when I told my dad, I didn't know how to tell him, right. I was like, oh, Dad, you know, I just wanted to tell you because my dad was always like the I don't want to meet no guy unless it's serious, like you know type of guy. So this it was serious. So I was like, Okay, how did I tell him? How the time? I was like, Dad, you know, I just wanted to tell you that I have a boyfriend. And he was like okay. And then I was like, but he's different. Like he's like, yeah, well you guys all say that.
Speaker 1: You know he's thinking of guys.
Speaker 3: He's different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm like, no, like he's really different guy. Like I'm like he's short. He's like again, okay, so what if he's short? I'm like, I tell him. So I'm like, I'm like, dad, remember when he used to take us to lesson Anita start at us And he's like, oh yeah, I remember. And I'm like and then I'm like, he's short like that, like you know, and he's like, oh it's I'm like, you knowsmo, Like he's he's short. He's like okay, He's like he told me that, yeah, And I was just like okay. But you know, it was just so funny the way, like how am I gonna expect? I'm like, okay, well, and I need it as like that's the only way. Even even I got nervous. But you know, my family loves him. All my family loved him, and they I mean, he can tell you for himself, like I don't think they've ever made him feel different or uncomfortable. And I'm glad. I'm thankful for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, I think I talked to her family and everyone super like we're like, yeah, it's it's they're very very good people.
Speaker 1: All Right, you guys, we're gonna go on a quick break and we'll be back with the Garcia family. Welcome back. You also have like a period when you I don't know which one, but they had mentioned like maybe you shouldn't keep your baby right, Oh yeah, how was that for you? And like what went through your head? Obviously, because that's I don't think any person ever wants to hear those things, you know what I mean? And especially yeah, no one ever wants to hear them. So like what was it? What did like what was that time for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So it was actually you know, when you're pregnant and they're measuring your baby. Yeah, so that's when they tell us, like that's when they could tell if they're going to be little.
Speaker 3: So they could tell yeah, yeah, especially now, I mean it's different because I'm the dad is little too, so they know the possibilities.
Speaker 2: But I think it's they start measuring like their limbs and everything, make sure that everything is good. Yeah, and the doctor. I remember he stepped out and came like you know, so I was like, okay, what's going on? You know, at this point, I'm thinking, oh, my gosh, like my baby probably died or doesn't have a brain or something. You know, I'm thinking the worst. And then he tells me that, you know, my daughter, it was my firstborn, that she's going to be little. So I was like, oh, okay, you know, because my husband's little. I mean I knew he didn't I know that, but I don't think he knew, or I don't think he looked at my chart to see that I had put that he like, my husband was little. So she told me, and I was just like okay, and he's like are you okay? And I'm like yeah, like you know, because it's I tell Christian, I think it's different. You know, when a first time mom, for example, like his mom, and they were to tell her, her reaction would probably be more different, you know, more scared. But since I knew, I wasn't scared. I mean, you know, this was the first or yeah, my first, my daughter. So he was like, you know, you can still terminate. And I was already halfway through my pregnancy. I was twenty weeks, you know, at this point I could already feel her and stuff, and I was just like no, and then he's like, okay, like if you change your mind, let me no.
Speaker 1: But there was no reason why, like no, it's just because she wasn't because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because she was Pasia.
Speaker 3: You didn't know that, like the dad is a little person. Yeah, it was different.
Speaker 2: So I was like, no.
Speaker 1: Maybe if he knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, but they still probably.
Speaker 1: Would they still have suggested it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah they would. And people do terminate at that age when something, you know, comes. But I told her, I'm like, you know, I like if I would have been him, I don't think I would have my satter like that, know, I think I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost it was they want you to. Like, I feel like sometimes someone's like are you sure, like are you really? Yeah, you know money, and it's like are you sure, and then it's like are you sure?
Speaker 1: It's yeah, that's like supers.
Speaker 2: That's how I felt like.
Speaker 1: This is like this is a baby, like yeah, obviously, like you know, I can not to see if you did, if that doctor really got in your head.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was so upset to and then I told him like, yeah, can you believe he told me like if I wanted to terminate, I'm like, I could feel my baby like, no, I don't want to terminate, And you know, I was upset. I was, you know, but I guess that's their job, right or whatever. And a lot of times, you know, women do want to terminate if there's something different or wrong with their babies. So but yeah, it was. I still remember, and when I was pregnant with my son, I made sure not to get him. Yeah, I'm like, no, I don't want him again because yeah, and thank god both of our kids are healthy. You know, my son he was when he was younger, he did have to have surgery, but it's a very common surgery with little people and with average hype people. But thank god they're both healthy.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, because when I was like that, I just obviously I get I get passionate about like you know, doctors or whatever like that, because I just feel like they're not doing it correctly. Yeah, it's like they're very negative when they're supposed to be the total opposite exactly, you know what I mean. And I think as a woman, like, it's just no one ever, like I said, no one ever wants to hear that. And it's just like you said, money talks, money talks, just like it's just disappointing. And I don't know, like it's just I think overall, if everybody had the same respect for each other, like and accepting I guess nature and the way God wants everything, like, I feel like it'd be just I don't know, the world would be a better place like and I just I have Maybe that's just me, but I have a lot of love and respect for whatever type of person any you know, little average gay, lesbian, all this like whatever you want to be man, woman trands like I just feel like it comes back to you good karma like and I think God also honors and respects like people that have good intentions, good hearts, and that would be my hope. As for I guess, you know, doctors, the people that we give all our money to like.
Speaker 2: And trust right exactly like the ones you trust exactly.
Speaker 1: So like, I don't know that that's just so disappointing and I can't imagine like what you guys obviously go through every day and every it's different for everybody. How do you guys handle because obviously you guys have a good support system on social media and everybody loves the content. But obviously there's always the best people, the haters and the people that talk shit and are probably mad that you guys are a happy couple and live a normal life and don't understand it. That's you know, how do you guys handle all that? Man?
Speaker 3: All right? So you know, we're here to spread positivity. That's why we use a platform. So you know, obviously sometimes you do see comments and I'm like, man, I want to roast it so bad or I want to get back on him, you know, But I'm like, you know what, No, that's not what I was placed on this start to do. I'm here to spread positivity. I'm not supposed to hate on them.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 3: Let him do his thing. And there's like a picture of a cat and he's like commenting some crazy stuff. But you know, I'm not going to entertain something that you know shouldn't be. So like we just kind of, I guess put on the back man, and we just let it be, let it do this thing. And then since we do have a really dope support system like, and they're in the comment section fighting and we don't even respond sometimes like they'll be like a negative comment and then you see our like people that you know, like supporters or whatever, just attacking and we're just right there, like, wow, look at people really are going crazy over there. But other than that, I think to do this social media thing, you can't be like soft skin like. And I say this, I mean, you know, everyone in the in the social media world, it's it's it's not an easy it's not an easy thing to put your life out there because especially if you get if you get very hurt with like with like negativity, if you're sensitive, you're not gonna survive out there. That's all. Like I say. They will chew you up, spitch you out, They will say things about your kids, say things about you, say horrible things. But at the end of the day, you know, you know who you are as a person through and I think that's what matters most. Because people could say things it doesn't you know, sticks and stone, they break my bones, I always in but freaking words gonna harm me.
Speaker 2: They're mad over like behind the screen, and we're like living life happy and you know.
Speaker 1: Exactly you're happy, and they're probably, yeah, very unhappy.
Speaker 3: And I think the crazy thing about it is I can't sometimes because I like to see things in every perspective and every you know, and I try to put myself in like a negative person's shoes. Right, I'm like, Okay, they're hating on me because you know, I have my wife and I have my kids, and I'm like, you know what now that I think they have every reason to hate me because look they see me that I'm different, quote unquote, I'm a little dude, right, and then I'm like with my beautiful wife and then I have my beautiful kids and like my life is going pretty well, you know, and they're like, man, I'm pretty quote unquote normal, Like when is that gonna happen for me? Like, and then they're just hating on me because you know, I'm like doing all right in life. So like I get it, you know, like they're mad, you know, and but I mean that ain't my problem, you know.
Speaker 2: Just I just uploaded a video last week that went like pretty viral too, and all the comments are like, oh, like if he can do it, like what's wrong with me? You know, like those type of comments and I'm like, that's your problem, Like you're like trying to be superior to someone who's different instead of just like worrying about yourself, you know, or like or like I can't even get a text back. I'm like, because you have that mentality, that's why I want, you know.
Speaker 3: So it comes down to like how you are as a person. People think, like I said, because they're normal and chastic, but they're jerk, so they're probably like a horrible person. And it's like, why does he get that? And I'm still in my room, like just not doing nothing. It's like, bro, it's how you carry yourself, how you are as a person at the end of the day, you know, That's what it comes down to. How you treat people if your intentions are good, you know. And yeah, people, you know, we get a little bit of everything, but we take it. And I say, I don't know a blessing, Oh yeah, of course of course.
Speaker 1: And both of you this is like your full time job now, yeah we do yeah the barbershop.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we have like a little barbershop and stuff, and then we have our like clothing brand and yeah, this is what we've been doing for the past. Was it three years, four three or four years, and we're very blessed. I mean it's not easy because you know, having your own things is hard. You know, you clock in whenever you want, but at the same time, you never clock out. You're always in it. You're always in and you risk a lot more, you know. Sometimes I I that's the thing, Like sometimes I tell myself, like, because you know, I've worked in construction. I used to work. I know it sounds excited out. I meant like excited out, but like I was working sixteen hour shifts, seven days a week, like crazy, like slave stuff. Like I was in there all day every day. That's when she quit her job, you know. So I already know what it's like working out there, you know. And and respect and a huge shout out to all the people working out in the sun, all the hard workers, all the chefs, all the doctors still look at you know, putting in hours. My salute to you guys. I really like I respect every single hard worker out there, you know. But yeah, this is it's not easy, you know. And I'm not saying it like because I know people get roast, like influencers get roasted on him and be like, oh, it's not easy. All you gotta do is film came with the camera and stuff. But you know there's a lot too it. You know, you're sacrificing a lot. You know, you're putting a lot on the line because it's like it might work, it might not, but like if you really believe in it and you go one hundred and ten percent, you know it can go very well. You know, so for.
Speaker 1: Sure, and it's obviously worked out for you guys after a good reason. Yeah, And I think that more importantly, it's like, like I've always said, like you guys have the greatest intentions and ultimately wanting to educate and sure your guys's lives, you know, like the I feel like the real side, like this is what goes down, this is what happened, this is how we're raising our kids, and this is what it works out for you. And I salute you guys because I'm sure it's not easy. And the comments and you know, people and reactions and going stepping outside it's probably like you know, do you guys ever like think about like do I want to step outside today?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? Noah?
Speaker 3: That never No. I honestly like I love because now we're getting how to say it, not saying like that. But now we're getting started out for different reasons because we've gotten some recognition on social media. So now it's more like people come out to like, hey, you know, can we take a picture? And it feels good and I think that's why we're also doing this, so we can get like we can have the presence of like, you know, being able to give that positive message out, you know. And now they when they see us, it's more like, oh, that's Christian and Jaen in the Garcia family, Like we love them because of what they do, you know, and that's what we're here for. But we love it. People come up to this all the time, and you know, I think at the end of the day, what matters is like changing one person's perspective, you know, like or just educating them because it's crazy. We get messages like like, man, I used to be depressed and I used to do this and that, and you know, I've thought about, you know, like ending my life or whatever. But when I see you guys, and I see like you know your purpose and I see the way you do things like you know, the they it gives them hope and I'm like, Yo, that's so crazy that we're changing people's lives, like we're literally like from you know, from our platform or the message that we put out. And I think that's amazing, you know, if we could change one person's life, like I think we already did what we had to do, you know what I'm saying. So so yeah, we're super blessed to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: And I feel like it's ultimately the plan and the purpose what you guys have to do, and you know what's cool. And I just thought about it right now. I've loved that you guys are Mexican. It was Mexican, right, Yeah, where are you guys from.
Speaker 3: My mom's from Nayarit and my dad from and then my mom's from Sakkas and my dad's from Holly School. Were both born and I mean raised over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, California. But I say that because I've never met I've always seen it like you know, it's it's it's white, it's other people too, yeah, but it's still like like I feel.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, yeah, we understand it.
Speaker 1: Like it's like okay, and it's different because I don't think you I've never seen I don't think anybody has ever seen You're like little little person, little person, little dude. And you know, I see.
Speaker 2: Why we got a lot of a lot.
Speaker 3: Like they always ask like what are like, what are you? You know what people say, And I don't take this bad because you know, I don't get offended because you know, they refer me as an object like or whatever. They're like, Oh they come in Mexican too, Yeah, because it's a but you know, I mean, I don't take it bad, but it's like, but that's a good example. Like you know, you don't really, but that's what we're here to freaking you know, the world. Something a little big.
Speaker 2: You know what you got going on? Baby's name?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I got everyone right here.
Speaker 2: Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah did that? He shout out to my boy m V E m V underscore tattoos. I've just shown him love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We you know she has some tattoos and stuff too. You know, we love. We're raised. Oh he's in Lancaster. We're we're out in the Carsion, like the Harbor area, like towards Long Beach. Shout out to my Carson people. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, but we went to the same school together. That's how we kind of yeah, crazy story with her too. And then I've seen her because I used to come on and study at the doing stuff over there, and she has seen her with your sister and stuff like that. So yeah, I love Yeah. I was gonna say small world literally literally.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, obviously we talked about you know, your family, the struggles, the social media, and just education, educating on the topic in general. Ultimately, do you guys have any more anything that you guys want to do in the future that you're like, this is what this is what we're gonna do, This is what we're this is why we're doing this.
Speaker 3: We are like, I mean, we have a bunch of little projects. So like we have the clothing brand, which we do a lot of stuff for like, uh we do. I do a lot of I'm big on like the hat thing and stuff, and I put a lot of like Mexico States on there because I like to represent for our Mexicanos and the culture is beautiful. You know, you can't forget where we came from. So that's you know something that I that I hold deer in my heart. My our clothing brand, it's called brand by the way, because you know, at the end of the day, it's because we gotta do what we gotta do. And then also you know, we want to eventually just kind of I guess do like talks. I guess you know, kind of how we're doing now, but in a like uh, you know, travel the world and maybe talk to people and just let them know, like, you know, even though you're different, or get us a CEO. You know that it can be at the end of the day, it's all how you carry yourself and you know, not that weak this So, yeah, we want to be you know, we want to do something good for the world. I want to change it one day at a time.
Speaker 1: You know, what about you? Is there any like some type of piece of advice that you would give and you know, in your position, and it could go as far as like anything. It could be abortion, it could be being with him, it could be your your anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So my advice is don't judge a book by its cover. We go by that strongly, that's the best book. Yeah, And honestly, don't be scared to you know, try something new because you never know, you know, and for those that are always you know saying how you know they can't find love and stuff. Stop focusing on your dream man. My dream man was never a four feet tall guy, you know, but look at me. Honestly, I live a good life. I'm happy, you know, and I always tell him if if I had to do it again, I would do it again. Yep. So he's a writer, you know. Stop focusing on on looks, you know, the outside. You know, sometimes it's more than just that. Yep, that's my advice. That was cute.
Speaker 1: No, I want to thank you guys. I think that you guys have definitely inspired me, educated me, and I can imagine what you guys will do in the future, you know, think here, like if you guys ever want to come back, it's met too. Yeah, but for real, I I really appreciate you guys. Can feel like your humbleness and your genuineness.
Speaker 3: And thank you.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna support you guys. Thank you babies, and whatever you guys do in the future, I pray that God continues to bless it. Thank you, and that you know you live out your full purpose and what it was intended for and you know, pure happiness and love.
Speaker 2: For you guys. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Best of fuck on all your businesses and all your endeavors and share you guys on social media so they can find you and your business. Whatever you guys want to do.
Speaker 3: Share it your time, all right, Thank you, By the way, I truly appreciate that. Yeah, we have a couple of things. I mean, sorry if it's going to be long, but we have our podcast, which is Love a Little Podcast. She came up with the name, so love a Little Podcast. And then while there you can see our Instagram, both our instagrams in the bio, and then you can find us on YouTube and TikTok as the Garcia.
Speaker 2: Family love and thank you for having us. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I honestly it was so it was such a good conversation, Like I loved it. Maybe that's just you know I mean, but thank you guys so much. Thank you guys. Thank you guys so much for listening and watching. Makes you guys like common subscribe. Please show love and support to the Garcia family. Be kind to everyone. It doesn't hurt to be kind. And I will see you guys next Tuesday. Bank Overcome for Podcast is a production of iHeart Michael. Podcast Network