Speaker 1: It's nine O gen one O legen with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, Welcome to night to one O MG. We are all here today with you and very happy to be here.
Speaker 1: You guys both got evacuated, both, Yeah we did. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm home, I think to where you're still We're still evacuated.
Speaker 3: But our hearts go out to everyone that is dealing with this. It's not an easy time. We're hoping to bring you some normalize it a little bit, bring you some levity, some comfort. Nine two and oh is a comfort place, So we're here to bring you some comforting. iHeart Podcasts. Listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Amidst all the fires and out toa Dina, the Walsh House is still standing.
Speaker 1: I know that was a little positive light.
Speaker 3: Not do I want to say a miracle like I can't. So many people lost their houses and.
Speaker 2: The neighboring houses are gone.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't realize that by some chance it's stayed.
Speaker 1: Wow. Oh it was a little light, little something something nine O two one. Oh good news, that's all this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, Well let's do it. Let's let's bring people some happy in some com.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what I thought the whole time I was watching this? Do tell he's a punk ass bit? It just plays through my mind? Oh no, yeah, wait, did you say he's a p It's a different P word you used punk gas? No, I thought it was Oh it was.
Speaker 3: I lo andesus like that.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It makes me happy to know that I've passed this phrase onto you, Amy, and you can take it and use it whenever you like.
Speaker 1: I literally watched it and then took a shower and was like, it just was running through my mind on replay, because come on, come on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is this the last episode for Colin.
Speaker 3: Colin us every time.
Speaker 1: The story continues, because she's gonna could lose the club.
Speaker 3: What stop spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: That's one hundred thousand dollars or something that she gave what.
Speaker 2: I can't what, young woman? Why does she have one hundred thousand dollars? She used money.
Speaker 1: She also has that fancy car that he just stole.
Speaker 2: But she I don't understand how she got her money. She hasn't have family money.
Speaker 1: She from from John. She got Jonesy to hear a bunch of money and then she bought the club.
Speaker 3: Well, and how much did he pay her? Like much? I mean her drive was significant, but was it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Remember when Dylan got his millions back and Jonesy got a big chunk of that, and then Valerie was real mad because she felt like she deserved more. And I think she got some. I don't know what she got.
Speaker 2: It just strikes me as odd that she's like throwing around numbers like one hundred grand.
Speaker 1: Maybe she used the club as the collateral so she didn't have to come up with the cash, but she could put a lean And I'm making these words up.
Speaker 3: You lost me already with talk of money and maybe that.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was the thing.
Speaker 3: Well, who knows.
Speaker 2: But she's in a boatload of trouble now because of her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he took her car.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Let's need to her hair too. Her hair's inconsistent in this episode in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about this storyline.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Season six, episode twenty nine, Ticket to Ride aired May eighth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. Brandon Susan get greedy after buying a lucky lottery ticket. Steve is a sucker for Prince Charming despite Claire's warning John and David are about to make it big. Meanwhile, her boyfriend Joe is having second thoughts, and Colon can't bear the thought of prison, leaving Valerie desperate and afraid, while Kelly is recovering from Tara, Tara and Colin Colon drama.
Speaker 1: So much to discuss.
Speaker 3: I can wait and move on.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 2: This episode was directed by Anson Williams. Y'all know who Potzy Hoti Hotsy for Happy Days?
Speaker 3: Wait, Jen, do you think this was his first directing episodes? I went on to do a lot for us we love.
Speaker 1: I have never heard you guys mentioned Potzy before. I feel like I remember.
Speaker 2: This is Anton Williams's first episode that he directed. It was written by Meredith Steime and John will Blee.
Speaker 1: Otzi was kind of handsome, probably in the nineties, because he still looks pretty good now and it's twenty twenty five. You were not a Hotzy girl. You're more of a Fonzie girl. Yeah, not a ralph Mouth.
Speaker 3: Uh oh. I liked Potsy because he was funny.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, Let's do a good game. If you had the kiss Ralph Mouth, Richie Bonsie or Potsy who you going with.
Speaker 3: Or should we do kiss Mary and kill?
Speaker 1: Oh brutal. I can't. I can't even kick one to the curb. I cannot do it. I love them all or kick to the curb? You do it? You can do it?
Speaker 3: Which you kiss POTSI see back then, it's.
Speaker 2: Like saying Potzy, I think, Oh.
Speaker 1: I could have thrown Choci in, but I'm not. I don't want to. I would have kissed.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like you might. No, no, no, let me guess Ralph the mouth.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Chie, Oh, Richie, I want to throw a curveball in it in that. If you watched the later years of Happy Days, Ted McGinley showed up and he was pretty pretty hot. I would have waited for that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Phonsie all the way.
Speaker 3: Hello, I'm gonna take Chachi for the win.
Speaker 1: Hotzi and he ran for mayor of OHI. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If he won, you'd have to beat out Joni though, I mean jon because Jonie loves Chotchy.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, but I think that only went one season, so after that I might have had a chance.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cool, So did can you remember it all? Being like Potzy's tercting.
Speaker 2: It was such a head trip, like it was like, wait.
Speaker 1: What are we shooting?
Speaker 3: Why are you here? We were all freaking out the first time. But then he he literally became like one of our friends, like yeah, he was like one of our favorite directors, and we were all buddies with him, and like he was sl He seems like a funny, so great.
Speaker 2: He was really laid back, like chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did he win for mayor of OHI he did not win. He did not win the mayor all race, And OHI, that's a bummer. Where's the happy Day's love? Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, let's let's go back to our show. Okay, yeah, all right, so let's talk about the storylines, shall we.
Speaker 3: You want to go with lottery first? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, because it was kind of.
Speaker 3: Dumb and it opened on that. I'm sorry, like there's so much drama rama going on in past episodes and then we're going to open with like a lottery ticket. I watched it on my phone. I kept going back like wait, wait, did I start somewhere in the middle, why is this the opening scene sort of at the.
Speaker 1: Convenience store of the school. It's like weird that you could get like a juice and a lottery ticket on a campus. But I don't know, weren't they didn't they?
Speaker 2: Weren't they there at that same kiosk in the last episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they've been getting their coffees there.
Speaker 2: I was confused. I was like, wait, am I watching the right episode?
Speaker 3: Because it's ok sure, same because that's like an outdoor one. This time it was outdoor they were there and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the quad of the campus.
Speaker 2: I think, wait, did you guys know that five thousand dollars in nineteen ninety six is equivalent in purchasing power to about ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to ask.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money. So because I was like, fast dollars, what's you know? Okay? But ten thousand dollars to them was a lot of money.
Speaker 1: And also I think you have to take it to the lottery place and then they like cut you a check or something. I'm not just a candying you ten thousand dollars. I don't think.
Speaker 3: Sorry, did I miss something? Why was it being sold on campus? Because it did it go towards.
Speaker 1: No, it was this California lottery.
Speaker 2: How maybe you have to be to play the lottery eighteen eighteen.
Speaker 1: When did they start the California lottery, because maybe it was right around this time when the lottery it was kind of like a big deal.
Speaker 3: Really, I just think it's weird to be it's like a gambling thing kind of you're selling lottery tickets. It's like, what are you selling smokes there too? Like it's just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get my lottery tickets at the Sevy I do.
Speaker 2: Did you know we got married on seven eleven, specifically so my husband could remember the date because start he used to go to seven eleven all the time to get his like you know, blurpy slurpings that weren't good for him.
Speaker 3: Oh, they have the they have the best hot dogs, you know what, hands down the hot dogs at seven eleven. I stand by it. I'm sorry, I not imagine. No. Oh I used to get sushi there too, are you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I just pushed her over the edge.
Speaker 2: I just kind of see in my mind those hot dogs like rotating on that metal.
Speaker 3: Those When I was pregnant, that's all I wanted was hot dogs, specifically from seven eleven.
Speaker 1: Have I never told you guys this story? Okay, so in Lake Tahoe, the seven eleven is like, you really go to the seven eleven? There were there are two main seven eleven. There used to be three, but they closed one. And one time we asked the guy that worked there, what is the grossest thing you serve here? Like, truly, what is the grossest thing? Is it the hot dogs?
Speaker 3: How is it?
Speaker 1: Nope? Wait for it? Is it the nachos? Is it the pizza that's been on that thing? It's the soda, he said, the soda. So you know, it's like a fountain. The soda had like pipes and it was eating through the floor.
Speaker 2: It had what because it soda does that? It eats through your body?
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah. So he was like, eat the hot dogs and the pizza all day long. Oh, I don't know about the sushi.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I love a seven eleven.
Speaker 2: We got, we got, they've got their ticket. Then they lost their ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean big winners and there's a.
Speaker 2: Big leg it weird like yeah, half and half and very protective of each.
Speaker 3: Dumps diving for the ticket. Come on, being so mad.
Speaker 1: At each other. Did you see he called her honey like three times when he's in the trash thing. Honey, honey. I was pleased with the dirtiness of the trash thing okay, because it wasn't like just rumpled up paper. It was definitely like dirty in there.
Speaker 3: I know you are Look, it was probably our real trash dumpster out there in the alley.
Speaker 1: They'd never put him in there. He could be injured with there's like a staple or like a needle.
Speaker 3: You can't do your own stunts, but you may roll around in the real dumpster.
Speaker 1: It was definitely curated trash, but it was okayshy And then the end, like I think I was falling asleep. Did they just decide to give it to charity? They did, but wait.
Speaker 3: Were kind of timely again to a house, a family's house, burned down family.
Speaker 1: That's right, they saw in the paper. I did think of.
Speaker 3: That when that happened. I was like, that was weird.
Speaker 1: That was weird. I have another thing from this episode that's quite timely, but not it's it does have to do with Steve, but I will save it till we do that.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: So the lottery ticket storyline was just kind of like dumb and they're fighting. Their time is almost done so.
Speaker 2: But they still seem to really They said, I love you.
Speaker 1: How about her cropped sweater with the blazer over. I was very into that she had a cute little sweater that was just slightly cropped with the cute blazer over.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, it's good this episode.
Speaker 1: I'm into that.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 1: The braidsis terrible, but what lips?
Speaker 3: Who's I just feel like we're I was kind of into when we were into like the max spice lips for a while, like the darker lips, kind of neutral. But now everyone's kind of into the frosty light lips. I don't think it's like great, it's just too frosty.
Speaker 1: The lips didn't bother me, but yeah, you can go too frosty real fast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's talk about Joe and Donna.
Speaker 3: Okay and David.
Speaker 1: It's like every time I just want to go almost.
Speaker 2: Joe loves Donna.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 3: We should find that parrot, you know what's still alive. They live like one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Joe's not doing He's mentally not doing well mentally and emotionally because he feels like he's out of shape and he's not sure if he's going to be what he was on the football field, right, Yeah, he's really practicing hard, but he just seems bummed out and like, I mean appropriately so, but he seems like course, he seems down, like a Debbie Downer all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where's this going?
Speaker 1: Well, you don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I don't remember. I don't know where it's going. You don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you. But how famous is he? Like it's kind of weird, like he's a real famous college quarterback because even in the club, the lady from Warner Brothers Records was I think she was Warner brother the camera. She wanted to make out with him right then and there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'll make out, but she was his number one fan for sure. Yeah, well he's like, that's a big job to be the starting quarterback of.
Speaker 1: The Can you name a college quarterback right now? Try to name not a former but a current college quarterback.
Speaker 2: Gosh, dang it, I can't even was on Oklahoma and then he now he's in the NFL though.
Speaker 1: Right, Like I can say Jared Ay. I can say Jared, but that's because he's now professional. And we name one college quarterback.
Speaker 3: Got nothing?
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't watch college football. It's on Saturday.
Speaker 1: I need I do, But I can't even name our own college quarterback at cal And I went to every game. I go for the socializing. I don't go for the football.
Speaker 3: Failgating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's getting jelly of David and Donna. I feel like, right, is that jealousy or does he feel like an.
Speaker 1: Outsider confident and he's trying to like say, like, Donna, this is your night. You go like he's being less sort of like annoying.
Speaker 3: But does he mean just don't see where it's going, except for they're going to break up and she's going to go back with David. At this point, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna need to know. Does he stay the college quarterback?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, something you have one with this hardy you guys, Come on, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not gonna ruin it.
Speaker 3: He went back to Canada. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: We're gonna ruin it. You're gonna want We only have like three episodes left of the.
Speaker 3: Sea Boyfriend George Glass in Canada? Like, what do you mean? I don't know what happened to him? But Cameron Bing crossed.
Speaker 1: Respect George Glass so much. Uh, you'll see it's coming up.
Speaker 2: Well, Donna and David are getting lots of attention though from the music industry, but.
Speaker 1: The hottest video producers.
Speaker 3: It's out like we made it.
Speaker 2: That's a big statement. Yeah, right, these two college kids up against like seasoned video I think is.
Speaker 1: Like a big video producer at the time. But all I could come up was like, didn't John Landis do Thriller? That's all it can come into my mind.
Speaker 3: And then I'm pretty sure that was the eighties. Wow, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: But that was mc g McGee. Wasn't she a big video music person? I think before he did Charlie's Angels.
Speaker 3: Before he he needed Peter's show cor which was Tiffany's show as well. See It's separation Sugarman.
Speaker 1: There we wait. Mc gee did what show with.
Speaker 2: Peter fast Lane for Fox that only lasted?
Speaker 1: I think I forgot about that show.
Speaker 3: That was a hot show though it should have gone more.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Yeah it was hot because my then husband was constantly like doing sex scenes and making out with like young little actresses.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like Peter's like explosion was Twilight yeah.
Speaker 2: We thought it was going to be fasclating, honestly because we thought that show would do better. But it didn't do great.
Speaker 1: Don't rewatch it on.
Speaker 2: But he had fun doing it.
Speaker 3: I remember being there the night of the premiere. It was on sunset, right at a hotel, asking the wrong and we were all there and then I was like, yeah, this is it. Good for him, good for your family.
Speaker 2: Did Tiffany was she cast at that point or did they.
Speaker 3: She was there?
Speaker 1: So this was this after nine O two one. I was done.
Speaker 3: It was because they kept making the nine O two and zero connection, and I feel like we were all cognizant to like make sure like no, no, no, it's a new show, like you know, we'll step back.
Speaker 1: It seems like Tiffany was for the start because she seems.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was the three of them, right, chen seems like it.
Speaker 1: Big Boy La radio Star Big Boy was on fast Lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, it looked cool too.
Speaker 1: It was canceled from high production costs.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it was.
Speaker 1: It was high quality, glossy, flashy, hip and entertaining canceled because of high production costs or maybe with anyone watching it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it had it didn't find its audience right away.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to go rewatch some of the fun just like us.
Speaker 3: They should have waited one more season because we didn't go so the second season.
Speaker 1: Yeah true, Well anyway, mcg So McGee was the director creator. Yeah, he also has restaurants in Newport? What, yeah, mcg does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, isn't there a new person out there that's mc g or g McK.
Speaker 3: New mcg yeah, mgk MGK, That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: It always confuses me.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, wait, oh, no, who was with Meghan Fox? Who was married to Brian see nine O two and oh is somehow connected to everything?
Speaker 1: Do you want some mcg trivia?
Speaker 2: Which, okay, mcg what what do.
Speaker 1: You want to know? Who mcg's like one of McGee's besties is from growing up? Who? Who I think might have been on nine O two one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: But I can't Okay, recall Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray.
Speaker 3: He was on Nino Good call, good call.
Speaker 1: You always bring it back, always bring it back again.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Joe tells Donna that he's tired football and he doesn't think he's gonna stick with it, so maybe he quits football and moved away.
Speaker 3: Do what becomes her manager.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else to do with them.
Speaker 3: You're right, he's gonna go on the lamb with Colon.
Speaker 1: Definitely sprinkling in that David and Donna.
Speaker 3: Are meant to be. Yeah, not with that haircut. I never was a fan when David had the like she had a buzz cut. Yeah.
Speaker 1: His hair is not bothering me nearly as much as yours. I'm so sorry to say. I am so so sorry because I literally think you look so cute. And then the braids, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: I was taking chances, lady. That was okay, Yeah, some work, some didn't. It was the shot from the back that was like.
Speaker 1: Talk about Steve.
Speaker 2: They didn't bother me that much. Honestly, let's talk about Prince Carl. He's still wooing Steve.
Speaker 1: Steve not he do. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: He's doing it on purpose to get to Claire. Yeah, swoon the boyfriend get him out of the way.
Speaker 1: He looked cute driving the vet, which I she was like, he doesn't let me drive his car. And then he's like, you even know my car? He's so obsessed with that prince.
Speaker 2: And he's so obsessed with going to where did they go, like a burlesque or something? Oh yeah, oh my god, that club with the ladies in their bathing suits.
Speaker 1: My eyes were definitely.
Speaker 3: This is like bromance before they like showcased bromance or had that word romance.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it really is. So can we talk about when he's carrying the laundry up the stairs and I see the thing drop out.
Speaker 3: Drops, You're like, something's coming, No, what's coming? Foreshadowing?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you that falling down the store.
Speaker 2: I had to rewind.
Speaker 1: It was not only amazing, but also that was me in Tahoe over the holidays, breaking my ankle. So I don't think Jenny, did I even ever get to tell you I broke my ankle?
Speaker 2: No, because I didn't see you. I saw you.
Speaker 1: At the No, I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: I saw you No, No, No, I saw you at jingle Balls.
Speaker 1: That was before I broke my ankle. So I broke my ankle right after Christmas, and I was supposed to come to La to see I know. But the reason I bring up Jenny is I was supposed to come see Jenny. Got it, cut it and I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to get stressed. Wait then the whole city burned down, so we had to cancel. Wait what, Hashi, what's it look like? It's so much better now, but I have I'll try and find a good picture. So I ate it on the stairs just like Steve. Did you fall down like him?
Speaker 3: Like comedy, you drop the legs.
Speaker 1: I did not fall on my face like him. But uh, I was on my phone wearing slippery socks. Ate it on the stairs and this is like, you can only see part of it, that's not really where I broke it.
Speaker 2: And the little twosies are all purple.
Speaker 1: So I thought, like, it hurts so bad that almost fainted. And then I went to the urgent care and they're like, you broke your ankle, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Your ankle where in your ankle?
Speaker 1: On the top of my ankle. I'm doing much better, but they wanted me to be on crutches and that boot. But then the orthopedic surgeon said, there's nothing you can do. It's broken in this weird spot. Just shove it in a shoe, tape it up, shove it in a shoe. So I finally I can kind of walk again. It's so great. But anyway, I wouldn't even have told you guys except that. Then then when that happened, I was like, no.
Speaker 2: Way did but yeah, did it bring back a flashback for you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, finally for the first like five nights, I couldn't sleep because it just it was like replaying in my head. And then when that happened, of course, Steve, because he really it was his was way worse. I just landed on my like what he landed.
Speaker 3: On the stream. Why'd they break his jaw?
Speaker 2: I fell down the stairs once too, now that I think of it with you. I was holding baby Fiona and I was going down that We had like a circular staircase in our.
Speaker 1: Viral and it went damn.
Speaker 2: I fell. I don't know how I felt. I just fell and I turned to like keep her above the fall. Yeah, and that I broke my foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Staircases are a hard pass for me. They are so scary.
Speaker 3: Is that when you broke your foot? I remember this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then the next day Peter made me go to Disneyland with a broken foot. It was I had to go in one of those scooters.
Speaker 1: Amy.
Speaker 2: It was horrific. And not only that, I was in the scooter with the boot on, and they just said, we need to take a group shot of you with Mickey Mouse. So there's a picture out there of me in a scooter with a boot at Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Why couldn't we just cancel that trip walk to the like from the car to the grocery store, let alone go to bailing.
Speaker 2: But I have one of those cards those be beep beep, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Do you own one of those?
Speaker 3: Now? No?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was like you guys, I'm like, no, I rented one from Disneyland.
Speaker 1: I literally want to get one of those scooters for Grandma's when I go to Disneyland, just because too much walking. Yeah, anyway, Tori, anything broken in your did you?
Speaker 2: She Donna fell downstairs, so oh boy.
Speaker 3: It was no just I've had kids do it, but just no, just Donna palm springs.
Speaker 1: My first ever broken anything. Had you broken anything else? I'd never broken anything in fifty years. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One time I had a bike accident when I was a little girl, and I broke the tory.
Speaker 1: Any broken anything, Oh lucky.
Speaker 3: I think so part soul.
Speaker 2: No anything else, all repairable, just like our bones, they're repaarable.
Speaker 3: I totally remember when you broke your foot. I went to the Star Trek premiere. This is how long this was Star Trek, No, the new one when they redid it, like the crisp Pine was yes, quinto fine twinto Oh my yeah.
Speaker 1: I told him you said hi. By the way I spoke to him the other day.
Speaker 3: I love him, you loved you. Peter was there and I can remember the convo. And I saw Peter and he told me that you broke your foot. Does this timeline line up?
Speaker 1: No, it feels like they were divorced by the time came out.
Speaker 3: They were not divorced to go six, so it had happened.
Speaker 1: There is no way.
Speaker 2: It was probably seven.
Speaker 1: Look it up. Two thousand and nine is when the Star Trek movie came out. So I guess you were married.
Speaker 3: When did you divorced? Yep?
Speaker 2: Twenty twelve?
Speaker 1: Maybe wow?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: All right, fine, Tory, great memory.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Side tracking today which I really enjoy.
Speaker 3: Because this episode, I just don't.
Speaker 1: Care about this prince.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I wish I cared more because I do love the idea of a prince. A prince, you know, like it's exciting. It would be so excited if Claire went with the prince.
Speaker 1: Pain on your glasses from your line, Jenny, hm hm is that your chain on your glasses?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: What is hanging from your head?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Your ear, my brains, thiss my ear wire thing. I'm not cool enough to have the whatever wireless ones.
Speaker 1: I don't care about the Prince. I just don't.
Speaker 2: I'm like asleep, I do I want Claire to be with a prince.
Speaker 1: I feel like we had the lottery ticket storyline is just I don't care. Steve falling down the stairs was totally like a good action moment, but I don't care. David and Donna and Joe like I think I care a little bit, and then Valerie and Colin.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, dude, So, what's the ace storyline here?
Speaker 1: That's what I think is nothing. I think it was nothing, And I.
Speaker 3: Feel like it was intended to be Brandon because it's Brandon. It has to be a lottery ticket. But like that's like a C storyline. That's like a comic relief story.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, they were all c's.
Speaker 2: I had to have been Colin Colan going to jail. That had to open the a storyline.
Speaker 1: It's just such a it wasn't It wasn't good.
Speaker 2: I mean I was. I was into it because I was like, oh, this is it.
Speaker 1: So you're sort of involved. So you called no.
Speaker 2: Me as a viewer, as a fan, I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but Jenny wanted to reach out to say bye Kelly. She seems like, oh, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Kelly wanted to say goodbye, but val wouldn't kind.
Speaker 1: Of shut it down weirdly too. But then he was.
Speaker 2: Calling her before that.
Speaker 1: How about the subtle shout out to call forwarding so that all of us weren't like, well, how does he know she's at her mind exactly? So there's a subtle mention there.
Speaker 2: Jesays, thank god for call forward Thank.
Speaker 1: Goodness for call forwarding, which is like, what would you hit star something something to forward your calls or something. I don't remember how we did that.
Speaker 2: Now nobody even has a landline, so no.
Speaker 3: I was very into Kelly and Valerie though. I was all for that.
Speaker 2: It's the same note over and over and over for me.
Speaker 3: But I liked them. I like when they I like your tuned with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's an interesting new layer for Kelly. But it just is like, I don't know, keeps happening, same thing, same things, same thing.
Speaker 3: It's going to keep happening.
Speaker 1: And this is like everybody can moan and grown. I would have rewritten the whole thing and still had it be Kelly dates Colin, they come from New York and all that, and then we find out Valerie went to camp with him and she's got this like crush on him. Then I think he just should have cheated on Kelly with Valerie. And it's kind of this sort of scandalous thing. I don't need all this drugs and going to jail, all that jazz. It's way too bananas, right, I could have just enjoyed the sort of you know, even Tara Tara Fine. By the way, did you see him in the card dive val.
Speaker 3: Die Bell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still there, Thank god. Continuity.
Speaker 1: See they pull up to the clar station. First of all, who drives themselves to the police station and then says, I'll park the car like and then he saw all the criminals getting on their buses. First of all, a lot of criminals. I mean there was a hundred criminals at the La County jail loading up onto the buses and then it says dive ol.
Speaker 2: Yeah I noticed that, but I would have been freaked out too. Honestly, I feel like I would have run too.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: No, I mean yeah, but no, but yeah, Hm, would.
Speaker 1: You I don't know, I've never known you drive yourself?
Speaker 3: What do you mean people drop you off?
Speaker 2: Or yeah, you got to turn yourself in?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think when he was convicted, he would have gone into custody immediately. I find it very strange that they're like, you're convicted, see you in a month. Like that does not ma make sense to me.
Speaker 3: Now, I think you're right. They like take you out of the courtroom right then and there, and.
Speaker 1: Guess maybe you go back for sentencing. Oh but he'd had his set or was this the sentencing? I think he's been sentenced.
Speaker 2: He's been sentenced, remember the mean judge?
Speaker 1: What is his sentencing? Three years?
Speaker 3: And I don't know. But you're a good person. It's not like you're a menace to society.
Speaker 1: Bless her heart, and then they like do it.
Speaker 2: She's trying to make him have all the things that he wants before he goes to jail for two years.
Speaker 1: I like that when when he says, do we have a problem the lawyer, and she's like, I think we do.
Speaker 2: We should talk about her hair because she did have two different totally agreere dudes. Yes, she had a long lb a lob.
Speaker 3: And earlier on it was shorter correct.
Speaker 2: And yes it was like tapered and jaw length.
Speaker 3: Like I'm feeling like you mind to cut her all that. So, I don't know why they shot out of order.
Speaker 1: But she's real cute. M double hopes.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe well, anyway, Yes, she is real cute and concerned and very like from her heart you could tell she was very you know, she's into this guy.
Speaker 3: Good performances, really good. But she had the frosty lips. I was distracted these frosty lips. I didn't notice it, and she had pink ones and that really didn't go over well with me.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't notice the frostiness. She's always kind of wearing a suit. She doesn't dress like any twenty something. I know.
Speaker 2: Later, you know, he Colin goes by Kelly's.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was crazy, by the way, crazy because now he's like on the run.
Speaker 2: He's implicating her. That's not cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to go call and say hey, you right.
Speaker 2: That's why she's like, no, you cannot come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah she knew.
Speaker 3: Good job smart.
Speaker 2: I thought that was that scene was hard. It was hard for her to be that strong with him.
Speaker 1: It was good. That was a good scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we had some good scenes with your mom too.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Jackie was bad.
Speaker 1: That was not Taylor.
Speaker 2: I just love him when Jackie's there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was cool since we've lost all parents on the show now.
Speaker 1: For sure. And you brought your mom a nice basket filled with like it looked like Salon selectives. Remember that.
Speaker 2: It was all the products.
Speaker 1: Yea, I guess and your mom's like, yeah, you didn't have to like that was sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have a sweet relationship now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, good scenes, good scenes.
Speaker 3: Can we get to the mean one? Allien Valerie?
Speaker 2: What happens? Valerie goes to the beach house, right, and she asked Kelly if Colon Colin came by, if she's seen.
Speaker 3: Him, imagine driving all the way there for a question, mar.
Speaker 1: Justical, very crazy, Yeah, very crazy.
Speaker 3: Don't do that?
Speaker 2: Was she at the front door?
Speaker 1: Did this?
Speaker 3: Confused? It was the background, that's the back door, I thought with the stairs. Still, I always get confused a fence.
Speaker 2: There's a fence.
Speaker 3: And I feel like the trash like I was like, yeah, it was a little thrown by that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess that's we didn't use that entry very often.
Speaker 1: So did you have to shoot all those at the actual house or do they build that set.
Speaker 2: Of that's that was built and the whole patti of balcony.
Speaker 1: The deck thing, Yeah, the deck built.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She but Val does lay it on pretty harve of Kelly and says that she can lose the club that she put up for collateral. Yeah, there we go, and Kelly responds with a very caring I hope he runs and runs.
Speaker 3: I loved that. I rewatched that line.
Speaker 2: I hope he runs and runs.
Speaker 1: I was like, good, zoom in close up on you for the end, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was the ending of this episode?
Speaker 1: And your T shirt was in I think it zoomed in on you, right.
Speaker 2: I don't I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you were wearing that little pink T shirt with a little border on it, right, I like that shirt. Yeah you looked hot. I was, and everything you were saying.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, yeah, you like my hair this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like your hair makeup, I like your wardrobe. You know, I don't like you in a suit. I'm very happy you were wearing that T shirt you looked.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was way too short in the nineties because of you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I remember when I got my hair cut. I felt like Luke disapproved of it too.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wait, tell me more, tell me that again.
Speaker 2: What I because when I got my haircut, I had long hair right for yeah, three seasons whatever, four seasons, and then I got my haircut and tour was mad about it, and Luke was. He didn't say anything, but just the way he looked at me and kind of like looked disappointed in me that I cut my hair.
Speaker 3: Not disappointment, just like yeah, oh mom, when the kid goes in the bathroom and cuts their own hair, kind of a look.
Speaker 2: No, it literally was as if I had let him down. And I don't know why.
Speaker 3: So many things I want to stay here.
Speaker 1: I just thought you were so like he loved your long blonde hair and then he didn't want to see it go.
Speaker 2: And that's the same my husband now is like, don't cut your hair. I love your hair. Long, but I want to cut my hair.
Speaker 3: Do not cut your hair.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's looking so good please, Yeah, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: God, I love you with long hair. She likes me with short hair.
Speaker 1: I like you.
Speaker 2: Your hair looks good now it does. It's not super Oh, I see it's long now too.
Speaker 3: It's long. It's just like lady, all the extensions have fallen out. There's nothing left here.
Speaker 2: I tell you what. Self care has kind of gone out the window for me too. I was in the same sweatshirt for a solid week. Yep, didn't didn't get dressed any day, always had my pajamas pants on, and my sweatshirt, purple sweatshirt. And I didn't take a shower. Oh, there was something about me that wanted to didn't want to show when I left the house and it was super smoky and scary. When we got to Peters, I was like, I don't want to take a shower. I don't want to shower off this. I want to be in it. There was something that I didn't or like.
Speaker 1: It was so emotional that you just couldn't even remove it.
Speaker 3: And maybe not knowing what would happen with your home, you felt like you wanted to hang on to that piece. I guess so it was. I feel like that speaks to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I took a shower today, you guys.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you really not shower the whole time?
Speaker 2: I think I took a bath like middle I did a week, but I yeah, no showering.
Speaker 3: The gents showed at that.
Speaker 2: No shower for a week?
Speaker 3: Not a week?
Speaker 2: Whoa four days?
Speaker 3: Four days? I just counter on my fingers.
Speaker 1: Did you not want to shower at Peters because it would be like weird to be naked at Peter's.
Speaker 2: No, No, it wasn't that. I just didn't want to get out of my bed. The girls like had to pry me out to go in and eat, Like I just wanted to sit in that little cave and watch the news yourself.
Speaker 1: Like maybe you're just in shock. Maybe your body was just like in shock and couldn't deal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if you lost your home? What kind of shock?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh, here's what I can say the people, because I have people living at my house that lost their home right now there, their resilience is like actually amazing, I gee, like.
Speaker 2: The positivity, it's there's just a different switch that happens. You lose everything so and nothing matters anymore.
Speaker 1: But everyone's getting through it with jokes. They moved in and I was like showing where everything is, and then I said, don't light any candles, and then they're like, like, everyone's just coping with jokes. I can't think of the jokes they said, but like, oh, I know, like just like same thing, like they don't barely have pants, Like I guess that's just how they're co I mean, look whatever they need to do.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But yeah, maybe you just went into shock.
Speaker 2: Yeah I think so.
Speaker 3: I just was.
Speaker 2: I tend to do that, like super isolate when I'm in like a dark space.
Speaker 1: It's like, how you cope? That's reasonable, but you're coming out of it. How are you feeling now?
Speaker 2: I went to the gym today for the first time and did no sweating. What did you Just like they just kind of like walked from, you know, exercised exercise. My head wasn't in it, but you gotta like pick it up and keep moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think we lost Tory, but we'll just wrap it up together on this side.
Speaker 2: And tell her that my my Michael lost his house. She knows him well too. Wait, know who's that our hairstylist you know? And his husband, Kelly was the hairstylist on nine or two oo.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 2: He brought in his house been Michael, so they both worked there.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Then they bought a house, bought a burnout lot in Malibu, beautiful incredible lot, ocean as far as I could see, and they built a house on it, like their their dream house.
Speaker 1: And they burned again. I know someone who they're growing up house, burned in a fire years ago, rebuilt, gone again.
Speaker 2: It's unimaginable, but yeah, it really is. So many people anyway, Sorry to end the episode on that note, but no, you gotta feel what you're what you're feeling. Well, we we enjoyed this episode. I feel like I enjoyed it, even though you said it was like it was not the best though, Like what would you give it?
Speaker 1: Okay, parts for me are a nine, but parts from me are a five? So what is nine plus five is fourteen? So seven? Look at me?
Speaker 2: I just did math real quick too, you seeyeah, I said seven.
Speaker 1: I usually have to count on my fingers.
Speaker 2: I'm like impressing myself right now. Sorry, yeah, I'd give it like a six probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just was I think Tory said it right, it's like a There was no A. It was just like C C C C storylines. They're all kind of But Patsy did a really good job. I thought it looked good. And he'll he had a lot of car scenes, a lot of driving scenes he had to shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's awesome. Well, we loved it. We hope you guys did too, and we will be back. Next episode is episode thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's crazy, Ray of Hope. Wait, oh boy, we know what this is. When Ray returns and he's all like, yeah, back, this is I'm not sure I'm gonna like this episode, but I'll give it a go. How many are there in the three left? So we have Ray and then we have the two part finale. Okay, so yeah, I think it's Ray and then there's a two part finale. Yeah I know, and then season seven. I'm trying. I started to try to remember season seven and did you Yes, I can remember some things. You have a have to go again? Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: More, Wait, no spoilers, you have to stop talking.
Speaker 1: Okay, Torri, she Torri fell off, but we don't know, we don't know what she gets.
Speaker 2: Say goodbye on her behalf bye, everybody, We love you.