Speaker 1: It's nine O gen one with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Mary. Christmas. Everybody, welcome to another episode of nine to two one. Omg, we are so excited to be with you.
Speaker 3: You got your hoe to your hoe to your hoe. One ho ho ho.
Speaker 4: You're in Christmas red.
Speaker 3: Am genziness, which you're already but here Mary and Bright She's marry too. I'm Mary, and I'm Bright and Jen You're Bright, the endless flame that never gets put out.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Mary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, stop, Amy, I know where you're going and let us do our job first. Okay, you guys, this is so cool because not only is it Christmas for us, but it's Christmas for our pals in Beverly Hills. This is the Christmas episode, Season five, episode fifteen. Christmas comes each time this year. Aired December twenty first, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 4: How about that it's Christmas like it's Christmas and it's Christmas.
Speaker 3: And the Christmas synopsis is you get it to us? Yep. Donna's mom tries to pay Ray to disappear, leaving Donna drowning in tears. Kelly is having a hard time accepting Brandon's love and attention. Dylan seeks help from the FBI but finds a familiar face at the bureau. Steve thinks he has a Christmas curse, and Claire can't come clean to her dad about David.
Speaker 2: Directed by Richard Lang, written by The wasser Cline, Steve Wasserman, and Jessa Klein. Well, this episode made me feel that he's getting the spirit. I'll tell you that, even with your mopiness there, Kelly, Yeah, even with my even with my scar my bird Oh my gosh, yeah, it blurred.
Speaker 3: I was like, Jen's not mopey now, it all blurs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's so much to discuss, so much.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just start with the first thing we see, which is basically you and Donna and Ray eating each other's faces off in Mom's living room.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you're going with that. You get so riled up when I have an open mouth kiss because it's like, let me live my life out on camera open, there's tongue flying.
Speaker 4: It was a lot, Tori.
Speaker 2: Was you can't say that wasn't like aggressive making out.
Speaker 4: Yeah hmm.
Speaker 3: In my defense, we needed it to be over the top so that Folice, I mean your heard smacking, gross and clear across the room. But if it was just a pack, Folice wouldn't be as riled up. Like she's probably like, oh my gosh, what's happening next? Like I don't know, like maybe she's worried I'm going to lose it to him. Oh right, you know a cherry on top of the Christmas tree this year.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Well she noticed, alrighty, but uh, you told your mother you were going to marry Ray Rutt.
Speaker 4: I know, I know. I was like, oh, sona, Donna, I felt it.
Speaker 3: I felt it.
Speaker 2: You guys as as Donna. You felt like you were so in love with him in this moment you were going to marry him.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like we're all in that moment sometimes in life and there's that moment in that first like honeymoon phase, super passionate, super like, oh my gosh, this is everything that you're not thinking clearly and clearly. You just you marry. Sometimes you jump in and marry them. Well, we've both been there, yep.
Speaker 2: I've been there, done that.
Speaker 4: Twenty years old. I'm going to well about that age too, ye. So fair.
Speaker 2: If he asked me to marry him today, I would marry him.
Speaker 4: Maybe she just is.
Speaker 3: Okay, this sounds gross to me even saying it, but she's a girl, and I always feel like guys can be horny, but girls can't be horny. Is there like a feminine version of that?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think Donna was horny. I don't think that was where the statement was coming from.
Speaker 3: Not I understand, but I'm sure on some level females can feel passionate too. And I feel like she, you know, wants to marry him emotion wise, her heart's like in it, but she also is probably like, I'm going to marry him and we're gonna consummate this relationship and we're gonna babies, and you know, she's she's in it.
Speaker 2: Yet I wanted to help her.
Speaker 4: If you had a mom like that, oh might want to get away too. Yeah, she's this all time low. I thought she reached her lowest lows and.
Speaker 2: She loved you so much. She is willing to part with ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Guy, I don't think it's love. I think she wants to control Donna Martin.
Speaker 1: Duh.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a good amount even for the nineties.
Speaker 3: Ten grand pretty solid and offer, Yeah for a kid, I think for that, I just don't. I can't gauge how much the Martins have, Like, yeah.
Speaker 2: But how do you put a price tag on Donna Martin's head or her woo woo, or her virginity or her heart or soul or that too?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Fine? Gross?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 4: Like in all seriousness gross? Gross, so gross that she goes and says she's so gross about it too with the tree lot and like, did you notice she doesn't really say it outwardly, Like she doesn't say like, hey, I'll give you ten grand to get lost. She's so like dark and just awful about it. That was her that really actually disgusted me.
Speaker 2: Well rightly, so yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 4: It's just like and then Donna's dad is such a sweet angel. He's so mad, but I wanted to see him be more mad at missus Martin.
Speaker 3: Like he doesn't get mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like a doormat that guy. Sorry to say that, he does whatever police tells him to do.
Speaker 3: Mm feel like he actually doesn't.
Speaker 2: Oh, he gets up in her face later in the in the episode, he's like, I mean, what the hell have you done?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was this whole episode, I mean everything all the episodes now are starting to feel really dramatic.
Speaker 4: Yes, Jenny like soapy. There was a lot of heightened emotions, not warranted when we talk about Dylan. Especially with Dylan, I was like, what.
Speaker 2: But wait, let's go back to the beginning. Because the Walsh mom and dad, what are they are going to see the daughter? That's never been mentioned, hardly ever been mentioned. They're like, they're going to London to be with her for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I always feel like they fling in a curse when she come home. Great question, uh but you know that answer she didn't want to.
Speaker 4: And also how about mister Walls using profanity he couldn't find his damn passport? It was hot.
Speaker 3: What about Brandon saying they might think you're a terrorist on the.
Speaker 4: Oh, that was weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can't say you can't say like that these days, Brandon totally.
Speaker 3: I literally went back and I was like, wait, what year will you're Oh my god, like it was yeh we're nine to eleven, Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Like yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, if we were to break this episode down, we have Donna's and Ray's storyline, we have Brandon and Kelly.
Speaker 4: We have Dylan and unhinged Dylan, Dylan and.
Speaker 2: Weird guy and.
Speaker 4: We sort of.
Speaker 2: And the Chrysanta Claus of it all, and then sort of.
Speaker 4: A peach Pit after Dark slash.
Speaker 3: I'm in now because I know it's coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we sort of got a bit of Claire David in different ways, like Claire David in the peach Pit after Dark, Claire David with the Chancellor. Then we had the the sort of we're feeding needy people at the peach Pit. There there was sort of a mess of stuff happening.
Speaker 2: A lot going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 2: The only one, like the only like solid storylines I felt like were Donna's and Kelly's and Brandon's.
Speaker 4: Dylan Dylan had a storyline, but he was so.
Speaker 2: Huh, I can't get it, Christine FBI like that okay, who killed at the FBI man First of all, Okay, my point is he's like screaming at a secret service agent or what I for that guy was, And then cut to the end of the show, he just lets some strange, wild, crazy, weird man into his house and lets him eat his donuts. Like what, there's no balance, what's happening? That's not when he let that guy in. At the end, I was like, Dylan would never let that guy in, especially how aggravated he was at the other guy.
Speaker 4: Not only that, but when he goes into the FBI and is completely unhinged yelling, they actually let him see get an appointment. Yeah, I don't think he's Jack McKay's son. The receptionist is like, oh, Jack mckay'son. Oh, send him right back?
Speaker 1: Like what.
Speaker 3: Wait? Can I drive jet? Do you like Christine? The name Christine Pettitt? We had a writer? Was that me? Okay, do you know what I'm talking about? I might be remembering this wrong. Was her name not Christine Pettitt or was it something Pettit? I feel like it's her name, and they they used it because they.
Speaker 2: Could, And she said, okay, no, no, I don't know, can help you there, but it does sound familiar. And then are the Lovely Valerie.
Speaker 4: Was back on and she was headed to cold Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Oh not that Valerie, the very wild Vale.
Speaker 4: Oh right right right, sorry, Valley Valerie Wildman.
Speaker 2: Yes, Valerie Wildman as Christine so beautiful, she's great, geez it's hot. Yeah, And I like, yes, I kind of wanted them to get together. That would be a villain and Jack's old lady.
Speaker 4: It would have been a great twist. Wait, wait, have so many things to ask you guys.
Speaker 2: Wait, but Valerie was barely in this one again?
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, she's off to Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Cool, she's going below for the holidays.
Speaker 3: Why why do you think they did that? JN What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had no storyline for her. I don't know they had no Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's the thing. You're paying a series regular, why ship were off for the episode? Just have her there? Like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, this makes me ask a weird question. Of course, was she paid? Like to me, she's low man on the totem pole, right, even though they brought her in she was famous. It's was she paid the least? Like would she be the first to not have a storyline if the episode got too clogged up?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. If you're paid, you're paid. It's not about how much. So she's in it. She's paid so she can be in one scene, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it's the same.
Speaker 3: Thing for them, so might as well use your regulars. Like, I don't understand, right, that's a good point. They probably Like I was bummed not to see her like, I'm bummed officially at this point when I don't see Valerie as much because she she gets the look, she gets the really yes, she stirs up.
Speaker 4: It was a welcome like I realize. I mean, I don't like how she's sort of it's very weird to me with Dylan, so just said it gets real.
Speaker 2: Like again like Opie, with the way they're writing her character just be so conniving and so I mean, I know it's juicy, and like every show needs an antagonist, but I understand what you're saying, Amy, you kind of enjoyed a little break from the mind.
Speaker 4: That sort of we had enough with Dylan being kind of a mess that I sort of didn't need any more menacing people, kind of pausing problems.
Speaker 3: Everyone needs a villain, true, A show can't go on without a villain.
Speaker 4: I think we had so much drama happening. We've got Kelly's got drama, Andrea's all got drama, unnecessary baby drama.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh my gosh, okay, okay. When Jesse took that baby out of Andrea's hands when it was crying, I was like, oh no, he's gonna shake the baby. Did shake that baby? Out of his hands. Didn't he seem like way too upset to just rip the baby out.
Speaker 3: Of her hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was also way too upset about a baby. He was very upset about the baby crying.
Speaker 4: All during midnight, Like at midnight. He was so mad that the baby was crying at church at midnight, Like, what baby's not crying at church?
Speaker 2: I was yelling at the TV Andrea, I don't just stand there. Take the baby back, like, get that baby, because she just stands there. And it's like.
Speaker 3: But here, I mean, here's the thing. We all know this, Like you don't know how you're going to be as a parent. And I'm sure that wasn't his choice, but there's a lot of people that can't handle that.
Speaker 4: I think they're trying to make a storyline out of that.
Speaker 3: They have different nothings.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you, Tory. No, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's like they have different religious backgrounds, they have different like holiday traditions. They're just they have different parenting styles. Things are not looking good over there. Yeah, till the whole gang comes over for Christmas. I really enjoyed that moment, but it was, yeah, it was real. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a good moment. Don is definitely bonding with Ray's mom. Now that, by the way, tell me we all didn't appreciate the Princess cruise love boat.
Speaker 2: Reference love boat tie.
Speaker 3: Of course, little Grid have my shrimp and sipping on champagne.
Speaker 2: But that's crazy. You're giving giving I mean, I get it. You're giving away Felsa's dirty money and sending his mom on the cruise. That's humongous.
Speaker 3: It's a big step. That's Oh.
Speaker 4: I suppose we're to assume that Ray cash the check then, because the check was in his name, so they cash, he cash? He did cash?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was after Donna said he didn't cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm too I'm too close, closely related to this in every way. So can you can you explain to me, like how you felt about that, Like, wait, what what do you mean I'm cashing to give it to his mom? I felt like that was all Donna's idea.
Speaker 4: Same same Jenny. I felt fine about it because she insisted upon it. That was it was her choice.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Donna wants to make him happy.
Speaker 4: Do you think they're you're buying their love?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean I guess it's like you're supposed to say like no, no, thank you very much, and the third time you're supposed to be like okay and accept it. I don't know, that's like a myth.
Speaker 2: She was like yay, Curis immediately upon opening it.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know somewhere deep down, and maybe this is like a personal thing because I feel like when I was younger, guys would like me for my dad's money. So it's like a triggering thing. It's overuse worse. Sorry, but I don't know. I wish he had said no, like, you know, I'll work, we'll work together and get my mama cruise somehow. Let's not do that.
Speaker 4: I don't know he did, though, So I get what you're saying. And I also appreciate that it is triggering because it's there is sort of some challenging stuff in the here. But I think he said no, and then I think she's saying I'm so mad.
Speaker 3: At my mom.
Speaker 4: I basically just like walked out of there f this. Let's cash this check and get your mom what she wants.
Speaker 3: But she can't make him do it.
Speaker 4: She probably can, And I also think the Martins have a lot of money. So it's just peanuts today.
Speaker 2: So she's look at that staircase. You have that grand staircase in the foyer. It's very ritzy, like.
Speaker 4: If Dylan has eight millions, they definitely have millions. The Martins have millions.
Speaker 2: Okay, but from him being a doctor, that's maybe.
Speaker 4: There's family money too. Maybe there's family money that we don't Maybe police came in with a dowry. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe he's like a doctor, like a facial doctor, surgeon plus surgeon. Yeah, maybe he's making that he's getting that Kardashian money.
Speaker 3: I believe he's a heart doctor because Joe, Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I just remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's not making that much money being a heart doctor. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Maybe he has his own practing heart doctor at cedars in the world. Maybe he invented the pacemaker and we don't know it, right, so we don't know. I think we're to assume they've got a lot of dough.
Speaker 2: So that's he made you feel weird because your character was giving somebody's that you love's parent a mad massive gift.
Speaker 3: It made me feel like my whole life when I was trying to please someone and thought that I wasn't worth enough for them to like me for me, so I would think if I gave them a present or like my hard earned money. It wasn't even my parents that I worked hard for. So that's where it comes from.
Speaker 2: Well, go back to light and bright. No, I.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 2: Unpack that in therapy.
Speaker 3: That's all good, okay.
Speaker 4: I'm like all the buying. Everybody's buying each other right, Like she's trying to buy him off, and you take the money and buy you at your parents. And then there's a whole money thing going on with Dylan and he's so desperate to get his there's a lot of money, money, money things happening. So maybe and I and I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that's a very good dynamic to set up this young, immature relationship with Donna holding this you know, money position over him, like she has so much money. Yeah, yeah, I hate that. Oh he's never gonna feel like And.
Speaker 4: We know that Mom is already so enamored by it, because she's mentioned it multiple times in the previous episode, like you go and enjoy this time. And I wish I could drive up to Beverly Hills, like she's always there's definitely like a whole storyline there of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I guess it's feeling bad because Donn and I are so similar in so many ways, and I would never have done that or never do it, because while I'd be like, I want your mom to have this and you know, screw her for doing this, I would still at the end of the day be like, I respect my mom and not do it. So but it's interesting that it was written that way, so that obviously came up in conversation that perhaps I would do that.
Speaker 4: I think it was at that point in Fu to Felice, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like I know, you can't do an f you to your mom.
Speaker 4: You can. She did an f you by offering them the money.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter. I would never.
Speaker 4: No, you wouldn't talk.
Speaker 3: I am Donna.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, really really need to get to that therapy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I am Donna.
Speaker 3: I am Donna.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Something we're talking about Donna and we're like and she's like I was, I would live ever and we're like.
Speaker 3: Something, I mean by now from the rew like from rewatching this for five seasons now, we're starting to align stuff that I'm like, uh, okay, yeah that happened in real life. This is like they did this because of this. There was a lot going on that I didn't realize back then that maybe you know, they would do like pitch meetings and you know, work sessions, and my dad would be like, oh, this is happening, and this is happening in my teen and her friends, and like it's lining up a little bit too close to home.
Speaker 4: I understand for you, Tour, we don't have to dig into it too much. People using you like being your friend because you're Tori spelling, whether it was for money or maybe if I'm her best friend, her dad will get me a gig or like, I definitely relate. I don't relate personally, but I understand wondering what people sort of like, yeah, like what they're true motives. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm bummed seeing this because I'm like, I wish you wouldn't have done it. I wish his mom wouldn't have said yes, Like, I just want them to work out. At this point, I know I know what happens later, but I'm in the moment.
Speaker 4: Good crime scene, though you had good drama scene, and I thought.
Speaker 2: David a lot of drama.
Speaker 4: David and Claire were very good friends to you, even though it's still weird that David. That's still weird to me, but yet good. They were super supportive. And then Ray came and I actually thought that scene for being pretty heightened believable. M hmm, good scene. Like your crying was really good and you were yes, speaking of crying, Jenny one loan tear rolling, she's the best. How did you do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Oh, that's my trained tear drop?
Speaker 4: So were those real? Not those droppy things that you guys do to make you cry.
Speaker 2: Who knows what you do? Any scene and you can't get there, You're like, give me the blower, give me the drops, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're the best crier in the biz. She has a knack for it. It's real, Like it's good.
Speaker 4: That was a great scene too. I think this whole episode is other than Dylan that was we'll talk about that, but that felt very real and like, yeah, like Brandon seeing your back that we didn't realize is so burned and he didn't realize because you haven't shown and the vulnerability and the tear and in the bathroom and like.
Speaker 3: You were MOPy but that now I got it warranted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah he looked pretty grossed out though.
Speaker 4: I look sad. I thought he's just shocking bad like also maybe a little bit of regret, like he didn't realize.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah that's yeah.
Speaker 4: That was a great scene too, both those dramatic scenes.
Speaker 2: On Christmas in the Christmas episode so much drama?
Speaker 3: Would you guys have rather the Christmas episode be a like more light and bright. It's kind of the flip of what you think most Christmas things are about. Usually they're so like.
Speaker 2: Like this was like, yeah, honestly, I really could have used a little more levity in that in the Christmas episode. You know, I think you're right.
Speaker 4: Like the reason I liked it is that I didn't feel like I was getting a phoned in episode. I didn't feel like I was getting some.
Speaker 2: You know, Christmas episodes flash by.
Speaker 4: Actually Christmas, I still like corny thing. I felt like, Wow, I got a real episode where real crap is happening. Yeah, Like this is real storyline, super meedy, Like, if you think about it, right, Jenny, your storyline super meedy, tory, your storyline, even Luke slash Dylan real stuff's happening, and even Jesse and Andrea, like every single storyline. The one thing is I don't understand why Claire is not telling the chancellor, Like why why why does the chancellor think she's dating Brandon? Like on what planet is that? Even what's what's going on? He still thinks that, Yes, that's why he's like, you should bring Brandon and you can invite your other friends, Kelly and Donna. Like, first of all, what dad, that's so rude, Like she's literally just invited in to her friend that's right there. Why would you not be like and this guy, this new David guy, Like.
Speaker 3: And also what why is she Yeah, maybe he knows it's not going to work out long runs, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they are together very long.
Speaker 4: But the change is so clinless, Like there's just a huge fire on his campus where you were badly burned, and like student it was a student led thing. She doesn't he doesn't know that the president of the school is dating.
Speaker 2: You the burn victim, right dumb, or that he's actually at the burn victim's house. It's like when he goes to see his daughter who's the roommate of the burn victim. Like, so he feels like he's super self obsessed with being the chancellor.
Speaker 4: Right, He's just not that dopey. It's like, dude, you know what's going on? What?
Speaker 3: Or is he choosing not to see it?
Speaker 2: The boyfriend thing here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he wants her to be with Brandon, so he just just.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, he just wants her to be a Brandon, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I don't think he's that clueless, Like I think he's just like, yes, self absorbed in his world, but also like wants what he wants. And so you know, if you just keep pretending you don't see it, maybe it'll go away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe.
Speaker 4: And I don't know why David cares speaking of a trigger? Do you want to know what triggered me in this episode?
Speaker 2: What triggered you? Can we how many times can we say trigger this?
Speaker 4: Wait? What flames?
Speaker 2: There was flames all around in this episode. There was like the fire behind Dellie and Mommy, and then there was the flames in front of Kelly and Brandon and the fireplane, and then there was the flame that there was flames everywhere. It was freaking me. I never told you guys this. Okay, So the fire episode was two weeks ago, right, So, over the course of the last two weeks, I've been obsessed with any electrical things in my house. I've bought like remote control clickers to be able to turn things off and on. Then the place where we golf buy our house, it caught fire from an electrical fire. No what the same week that, right after I watched the show.
Speaker 3: What is the golf course? Okay, it's Dave, Okay.
Speaker 2: It was just the snack shacks.
Speaker 4: Everything's okay, sounds like a toaster a microwave in the snackshack we have.
Speaker 2: I'm so scared of fire right now.
Speaker 4: I wonder if this episode is what caused me. You know, I'm obsessed with not having fire. Like, do you guys do the off off, off, off off every night on your stove? H I do that everything off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think I do that.
Speaker 3: Times there were lighting candles and I don't usually like candles. Yeah, well because I have kids and still a six year old. But yeah, last night I blew one out because I was like, the kids are like, why are you blowing it out? And I'm like, just because yeah, I'm just nervous. You're walking your I don't know.
Speaker 4: And Christmas is also a fire time where you're life. Yeah, the tree and the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, public service announcement everybody out there, Yeah, please be careful with TSA. Yes, make sure your house is fireproof or go and get one of those things. Do you have a fire distinguisher extinguisher? I have one, but it's like in the backy backy backie of my under my help you it would take I would be burnt to a crisp back water and dryer like in between.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody do what? And I still have to say what triggered me? What everybody should do? Those since at the end of the year, check your batteries and you're it's a good time to like redo the batteries the smoke detectors, because then you know, for twenty twenty four you're like, Okay, I'm good, I know, and you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to deal with that. I'll put the head on top of my list of things to do.
Speaker 4: Nothing else. So the no, the thing that triggered me triggered trigger what the popcorn mess?
Speaker 2: I was literally like, oh, okay, you are This is now finally passing this judgment of me being so neat and tidy onto her. This is Amy. Now, Amy is the one that has too many control issues with cleaning.
Speaker 4: I was so like, first, I'm not a huge tinsel girl, right, so I already had written down the wall. She just have a lot of tinsel on their tree.
Speaker 3: What do they have?
Speaker 2: Tinsel? Like? The little pieces or the garland.
Speaker 4: Of tintal, the little just little little those oh so messy draped over so many things. Then I think Claren David and Donna, and I think Ray was there maybe too, are stringing the you know, first grade popcorn.
Speaker 2: All that was just Donna, Claren David. They were making a big old mess and then Donna just walks out. Does nobody cleans it on brand?
Speaker 4: On brand?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Like the entire day went all over that floor with the carpeting, and then.
Speaker 2: They just walk around stomp it into the carpet. Yeah, yeah, I was feeling it.
Speaker 4: Cleaning that up is challenging, Like.
Speaker 3: He's not there, Just show me how to use the vacuum, I am, I didn't know how.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 4: Cut it because it's like ground into that carb.
Speaker 2: You want to know what triggered me.
Speaker 4: Yes, obviously.
Speaker 2: Well, there were a few things. Honestly, one of them not such a big deal. But why was there a scene on the back of Dylan's head the scene with Christine Pettitt in the FBI, They're like shooting the backs of their heads. I hated it.
Speaker 4: Wait, I miss that.
Speaker 2: I have to rewatch that, like sometimes you instead of shooting from the front angle, they do it from over the back shore. I didn't love that. And the other thing, no, because it was bad, like you know, but he's such good hair.
Speaker 3: I was okay with it.
Speaker 2: I like, I don't know he was. I don't know that whole thing.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: One other thing was in the peach pit when the unhoused people are they're being fed and they pan across the countertop and the patrons are eating. But you can clearly tell they were told don't eat the food because they were like this. They were like this with the food, like.
Speaker 3: Oh no, like an sl swit yeah, and they were drinking like this they were like like it was so clear.
Speaker 2: If you go back and watch it, you can see one guy not putting it in his mouth and pretending to chew.
Speaker 3: It's listen, it was the end of the year, Christmas. You know, the budget was low, Like, don't eat the food. You have to keep reheating it up and using it for scene to see, you to see.
Speaker 4: My favorite game is bad background acting. It's fun.
Speaker 2: It's not their fault. They were literally told donate the food, we don't have enough, or it's been sitting out. Those are always those are the reasons.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I always thought heard it was continuity, like if you bite your burger and then we have to go back, and then even that poor girl in the corner, oh, the burned woman. Yes, okay, so I have a whole question about her. So sorry to not figure out who you're talking about. Am I the only one who at first thought it was your friend?
Speaker 2: I wanted it to be my friend Alison.
Speaker 3: Wait, but was that supposed to be No, I just met, but like for a moment you were supposed to think maybe I did.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, maybe it's her, But no, it was just some other terribly burned woman. It was very and she was sitting all alone.
Speaker 4: It was very sad, very upsetting. Yeah, that was just upsetting. And I did like whoever said I think it was Brandon? So you and Brandon are talking and you were very upset over the responses, and I thought he said, you know, maybe everybody was just feeling her pain, and I thought, yeah, you know what, maybe they'res well.
Speaker 2: No, because when they walked by, when Kelly heard them like talking about her, I think one of them said like sucks to be her something to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we have to go back and see what they exactly said, because I'm like, did they say something jerky.
Speaker 2: Or did they just so very not very thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in response and you get nervous.
Speaker 2: Here's the other thing that really bothered me, really triggered me was Brandon's giant dockers. Why are his pants like parachutes? Like he could literally fly in those pants.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you this is a personal choice because there is no chance that they were like where It's just like always I don't know, well because Ray's dress well, like so my things, like Raise dressed, how Jamie dresses in real life, which Donna slash Torri is now like coppying his ale like ogre but like Jason must have wanted that, Like that's not.
Speaker 2: A good look.
Speaker 4: Want me to tell you the fashion winner of this episode? Tell us raised mom, red swede fringe jacket and cool, right, mall.
Speaker 2: She had the.
Speaker 4: Flannel and like some ear rings, Like I was like, raise mom, Yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Puts herself together.
Speaker 3: At the time, I remember liking it because I love vintage and I was.
Speaker 4: Like that red suede jacket like on point, like.
Speaker 3: I know it's I know they were going for like something else, but I was like, it's it's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: I always want to know what mall y'all are at too.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 2: It had to have been, right, what was it the Beverly Center.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, I was so.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was so into the episode that I didn't do my normal like yeah, Auntie als or whatever, you know whatever it's called. Oh, where's story?
Speaker 3: That didn't exist?
Speaker 4: But anymore did it not? When did that thing come around?
Speaker 3: It was like missus Fields back then.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, missus Field.
Speaker 4: Still around, but not as prevalent now as it was then.
Speaker 2: Well, you're your buzzy sweater and little scalloped mini skirt.
Speaker 3: Was pretty cute too. Oh my gosh, sorry, you know what I just saw yesterday? You guys. I was at Urban Outfitters and no joke, your prom dress Kelly and Brenda's black dress with the white No.
Speaker 4: No, I took a picture for you.
Speaker 3: Jen, I'm gonna go buy it.
Speaker 2: I really want that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's there.
Speaker 4: And I literally was like oh and gasped.
Speaker 3: I love it, and Stella and Hattie were with me, and I was like okay, and I was like, sorry, I'm not making this about me, and I hate doing that, but I just got to tell you guys, like our show literally created this. No literally it wasn't fair, like we created this and it was done and then became huge thing in the nineties and now everything's coming back from the nineties. But this dress is from nine oh too and oh, and I was like Jen and Shannon wore this dress and they just both looked at me like I had three heads, and I was like then I got really embarrassed. And then they were like I hate to tell you, mom, but like Olivia Rodrigo like where's that? And I was like, uh, okay, well sorry. Jenny Garth and She thirty were around a lot longer and way before on trend than Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 2: God, I'm going to buy it now.
Speaker 3: Anyway you have to find out, okay, you have to get it, but Jen, it's this big.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, it's a little shorter.
Speaker 3: It's a tube top that.
Speaker 4: They call a dress.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: And then and then a fan comes up and she was like, you know, in our age with her kids, and she was like, oh my gosh, I'm sorry. Can I take a picture with you? And I said yes, of course. And I said, wait, sorry, are you a nine o two? And oh fan? She's like of course. I was like, okay, okay, wait, wait, wait for it. What is this dress remind you of? And she froze and she goes, I'm not sure. And I was like, yeah, so not a super fan, just a fan. And then I probably embarrassed her and I was just like, oh nothing. It was like, you know, just nineties. It reminds me of nineties. She was like, oh, okay, okay, not a super fan.
Speaker 2: Oh I've seen that dress pop up from time to time just in random places. Yeah, right, that dress won't won't go away.
Speaker 4: You know what else won't go away? The shout out to the club, did you hear? It was very soft? But Ray's mom tells Donna, oh, I got Ray the club. Do you guys know what the club?
Speaker 2: The club?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I didn't know what that was.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that keeps your car from getting stolen.
Speaker 4: It was called the club. Of course I am because and then you put on my steering wheel stop it. So when this was airing, I was in college and we all used the club first of all on our rappy cars. We drove and called like, why somebody was gonna steal my nineteen eighty seven accurate Integra. I have no idea, but we were all clubbing it. And then remember you'd take your radio out, so I just would take the face offred, but other people I know were.
Speaker 3: Taking Oh my god, I didn't know what was called that, you guys the mom God.
Speaker 2: That's so funny because Randy just told me yesterday or the day before, he said the word the club, and he was talking about that thing, that device. He was saying that the best way you can deter people from stealing your car is to have a stick shift car.
Speaker 4: Oh, because they can't even drive it away.
Speaker 2: Because they don't know how to drive them, so they won't steal those cars. He said, it's actually a better deterrent than the club. And then you said the club. That's so weird. Well, this was a very exciting episode. You know, I felt that the end for Andrea, it felt bad at the end for Dylan, he just he's lonely. He wants the family, he wants.
Speaker 4: To have love in his life, and he's I think he's coming off around. Yeah, he's coming back around, and he's gonna go get his money back with Jonesy. But Jonesy takes way too much.
Speaker 2: What is happening with Jonesy and that fifty to fifty spl So.
Speaker 4: Here's an interesting little tidbit guys that you know, does anyone watch Yellowstone?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: So you know Cole Hauser that's on Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: Jenina Colhauser, damn a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's his.
Speaker 4: Father or his uncle. Well, that guy Jonesy is related to Cole Hauser. What's his name Wingshauser?
Speaker 2: Wings Oh, wings Hauser. And that's why it makes perfect sense now, yep, yeah, it makes perfect sense, just the way Luke was in that scene because he was either friends of wings Hauser or he was like he was a fan kind of because him in that scene just wasn't Dylan.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: His acting was felt different to me and I couldn't. I was like, I think that he must know this actor or love this guy or something.
Speaker 3: No, it's all coming back. You're right, right, right?
Speaker 4: So that's Wings close? Yeah they were close, is yeah, Kolhauser's dad is Wings.
Speaker 2: I just disagree with with Jonesy's split, Like he's of Dylan's wealth too much. That's why would he agree to that?
Speaker 4: Did Dylan agree to that? Yes? Oh too much?
Speaker 3: I think clearly he's not good with money, you guys.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and he's probably rather have four million than no millions, but like a fair percentage. I mean, I get that Jonesy's like a he seems like Dog the bounty Hunter kind.
Speaker 2: Of, but like.
Speaker 4: Thirty Is he drunk?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know what was he He was on a weird diet. It was interesting, like he was stumbling all over. Remember he's on the grapefruit juice diet when drinking his milk.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that's not on the grape juice diet.
Speaker 4: That seemed very relatable. Oh my god, I love this episode.
Speaker 2: I loved it too, but I didn't feel christmasy and like warm until the very end, when when the whole gang shows up at Andrea's house and holds baby Jesus A ten.
Speaker 4: What do you guys, I'm ten ten and.
Speaker 3: It's my birthday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, happy birthday, Donna.
Speaker 2: We didn't even celebrate your birthday, though, Ray's mom kind of did.
Speaker 3: On brand. Like the Donna, Donna's a birthday always gets forgotten story of her life. She always talks about that. That's a tough one though, Benn, Wow, what do you guys?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it like an eight.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna go with eight point five, and not just to go slightly above you. I just literally I think eight point five.
Speaker 4: What Merry Christmas?
Speaker 2: Ten?
Speaker 4: Nine oh two one Ho ho ho ten.
Speaker 3: There you go, Ho Ho ho