Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB.
Speaker 2: This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five Bet fipcuks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off at Bet three sixty five.
Speaker 1: It is me Joey p That of course is the Welsh, and it's you the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks.
Speaker 2: On a Monday morning, it's hazy, hot and humid here in New Jersey, and as always it's just plain old hot where the Welsh is.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna have some rain this week, so I gotta get the pool in today, Welsh. Today, I told the kids, I'm going swimming whither or what out you get in that pool because it was like rain the rest of the days to come this week. But this weekend was fun for baseball action. Garrett Cole laboring through ninety seven degree weather here in the New York area.
Speaker 1: Don't hunt me because it wasn't great start. He was with Garrett Cole.
Speaker 3: How did Louis heal?
Speaker 1: Do Louis yesterday? He did better?
Speaker 2: You still trust him for the next one hundred and fifty from I don't or fifty innings and.
Speaker 3: I trust no one. I trust absolutely no.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so this is great. You basically got a gift from Louise Heel. So let's start there with the headlines. Welsh, he was good, Raphael Devers two home runs in that same game, nine strikeouts for Heel, six and two thirds, no walks, which is interesting because again he is second only to Tristan mackenzie and walks this year forty eight to Mackenzie's forty nine. So in terms of active pitchers, he is the leader. So I think he'll gave everybody a gift, which is he gave him a really good start before the All Star break to get out from under Louis Heel. Do you see things differently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be the case. I'm willing to acknowledge that, like I took my l already of being like, you know, screw it, Louise Heel is going to be this and that, like the innings are, they're clearly putting something onto him, like he is clearly wearing down in some type of capacity. The Yankees haven't given us a full clear path of what they are going to do, which I think that's what leaves it the most muddy and those muddy kind of ideas are also going to be something we're going to focus on here in a little bit with another guy. But would I would say, from Luis Hill's standpoint, if you get past the like is it going to go to bullpen and blah blah blah, this is what we wanted to get back. I think we I had mentioned the last couple starts it has been just his zone control. It's it's really like a lot of these guys, and I talked about this actually on CBS last week with Christopher Sanchez. Christopher Sanchez had been incredible, but he gets all of his strikeouts on like one primary off speed pitch and then it's like, you know, a sinker in a fastball that doesn't do much. If you don't throw the fastballs in the zone, you're not setting anything else up and you won't get the case. And he was just and heel had just been. When he's in the zone, it's dead red middle people are slamming it. This was a start. He was almost sixty percent zone fastball, forty seven percent slider. And that also really shows you, Okay, that slider it's going to give people fits of the thirty four that he ended up throwing, fifteen of them were either foul offs or called strikes, which I think is pretty impressive. So he ended up having twelve cald strikes and whiffs on the slider thirty three percent with rate and everything was up in that start fastball a full mile per hour, slider a full mile per hour. Maybe he's getting set to take that next stage and gear up a little bit. Yankees are gonna need him unless they're gonna go make a big move, and I don't think they do. So I am still a tiny bit optimistic that the heel is done. Thing might be over. But you might need to look. This might be a good opportunity to get out if you are. If you're worried, and you kind of should be a little bit, you should.
Speaker 1: Be a lot of bit. I will say this way.
Speaker 2: We disagree on one thing here, which is the Yankees won't go get somebody else. The Yankees will The Yankees didn't move make this move for Sodo here with no guarantees to not push the Chips into the middle.
Speaker 3: I meant big. I don't think they're gonna go make.
Speaker 1: A O I do.
Speaker 2: I don't know who it's going to be yet those pieces of yet to follow, those dominoes.
Speaker 1: Is it a bat or is it a bat or a picture? To you, I think it's a pitcher first and foremost. I think that is really what they have to do.
Speaker 2: They need insurance here for multiple things, and they needed you know, I was on air live on Saturday during the Garrett Cole start. Joe Vernier and I were doing that game live for Sports Grewed, and you know we were talking about you know, he was up to fifty pitches in the second inning. Basically it was just like geez, you know, just inefficient. But I give a lot of credit. He labored through. He did not throw in the towel. The Yankees Ben Rice carried him in that game. Two home runs for him in that game. That was a must win. You need to win those games where Garrett Cole, right, Garrett Cole needs to. You need to win those starts when Cole's on the mound right now, because that's how you stop the bleeding of this losing streak that the Yankees have been on. Frankly, another streak. Speaking of streaks, all time great Jose Miranda all time record twelve consecutive at bats, twelve consecutive hits.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Royce Lewis goes down Byron Bucks didn't picks them up, and Jose Miranda picking them up. Brooks Lee our guy also picking them up too. He's been very good, so Lee another guy in this mix.
Speaker 1: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 2: It was just for a minute. It's just a blip on the radar. It's hot here. I told you the internet it's being weird today. But don't worry. No puppets here, No puppets. But what I was saying was, Jose Miranda is, uh, you know, buyer bucks to those guys. Brooks Lee carrying the torch here with Royce Lewis being out, but how long can this last?
Speaker 1: For this Twins lineup?
Speaker 3: By the way, I was completely caught off guard by that. I couldn't even puppet Joe it because I was like, oh, I think that's me, but it was you. So I apologize to everybody that was ready for puppet Joe there, and I wasn't ready for it. I was looking to drop the ball, dropped the ball, he did not. I was a year early on Jose Miranda two last year the talk up of just what a great hitter this guy was, and nothing came together last year he ended up hitting two to eleven. There was no power to speak up. This is the version of the minor league guy. I don't know if people remember, like Jose Miranda was a menas I believe it was in twenty and twenty two, an absolute menace in the minor leagues. And he's coming back and showing those skills so far this year. Obviously over three years, career high expect A batting averages up to two ninety one. He has a forty one percent hard hit rate, which is four percent higher than last year. His k percentage is down to thirteen percent, and he is barreling the ball again. I tell you all those things because those are great metrics to just hone in of the baseline of who this player is. The other really incredible thing he is hitting over three hundred against every single pitch type. So that's a big thing you want to focus on. How pitchers are going to end up adjusting to a guy and he's kind of smashing everything right now. He just makes really really solid contact. He's getting the ball up in the air more as well. Ten degree lunch angle last year, fifteen degree this year. We talked about him month or so ago and said, hey, this is a guy that he's going to get more opportunity. He is hitting well, we should pick him up, and he's found his I cannot get over though, and I don't know how I'm gonna do this in the offseason. I'll figure something out. But like you know, how we have, like you know, the rookies that get hot and then you have like the sophomore slumps. There's this new version of like it's of how it's laking three years. It's I guess it's late bloomers, but it's this three year thing that's starting to happen where guys into their third season who have not clicked start to click. And I'm not really sure how we measure that outside of getting back to previous prospect pedigree to guys that surprised us, that struggled. Not all of them are doing it, but we have seen a handful of players after a couple of years. I mean, the league is also adjusting like differently every single year. But either way, Miranda, it's a great buy. Everyone's getting hurt. He sticks in, hits the absolute crap out of the ball, awesome points league guy and a really good categories player Jose Miranda, probably top one hundred player rest this season at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Lee had a home run in that Saturday Game two against Hunter Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah Hunter Brown, by the way, that kind of came back to roost after he'd been so good.
Speaker 1: It was finally the first bat start has had a long time to reach.
Speaker 3: Can It'll be great.
Speaker 1: It can, I'll be great, you know.
Speaker 2: And his home road splits are not the best too, so maybe we'll give him a pass on that. To Rescooball incredible thirteen strikeouts, seven innings for him, Jose Burrios ten strikeouts, six innings against Seattle, Seattle, obviously without Julio Reguez. More on that later in the show. Grayson Rodriguez eight strikeouts of his own, three innings, excuse me, three runs and six innings for the Orioles against the lowly A's, And it looks like the Cubs might be selling off. Apparently it's not just Nico Horner, but Cody Bellinger, as I mentioned, that would be a big piece. Jameson Tyon could be out there too. Bellinger would be a big piece for somebody to add. If on the Mariners, I'm knocking on that door right now. You're the Mariners. You got to be first to market here, because you can't wait and then compete with the Orioles prospects or the Yankees prospects potentially they can put together, or even the maybe even the Dodgers too, So you don't want to compete with the big boys. Now is the time to strike. If you are indeed thinking that the Cubs are putting those names.
Speaker 3: Out there, I'm so likely I'm probad, probably annoying about this. So over the weekend the fourth, definitely over the holiday weekend, I did a couple hits over on CBS, and I did this on both of those shows, and I've been kind of doing this in general. I'm hyper focused on the team that's going to rip the band aid off the trade market because there is because you're like, oh, Yankees are gonna make a big trade. There's only so much on the market, and there's only so many teams that are willing to consider selling, and there are so many teams that have the assets to buy. And you know, I brought up the Yankees too, on what side you thought they were going to buy because like, not only they've been like top ten in ERA on the year, top ten and hitting, like both sides have been great. They have the highest i think our third highest run differential scoring on the season. Blah blah blah. But like they could use a rotation piece, and they could use a hitter. They've outside of Judge and Sota, they've got so many guys that are lacking and they are set debt, second to last in MLB and stolen bases. That's why I'm bringing this all back guy like Nico Horner to me, would actually make a ton of sense for a team like the Yankees. Obviously it's gonna make sense for a team like the Mariners as well. But that's the problem is all of these teams could use these pieces. I think the Cubs would do very well to put some of these pieces out of the market. Tie On would be a Savale like pitcher that you could put out there. But Bellinger and Horner they could corner the market. While these other teams, like the White Sox, there's rumors the White Sox might hold Robert till the off season, or the Vlad and Bishett stuff. The Cubs could be the ones that could set the price, and I agree teams should be calling Bellinger's not having as good of a year, but matter he would be great in either one of those lineups. And Horner specifically, I think would be really great. Mariners and Yankees stand out to me for his.
Speaker 1: Yankees would too.
Speaker 2: That'd be funny they they trade glabor tourists for him and they could swap back after all those years.
Speaker 3: That would be funny. Obviously, I was thinking the same thing. Back to the Cubs.
Speaker 2: All right, the All Star rosters are complete, basically American League. You've got the starters, Rutchman, Guerrero out to Ve, Josier, Mirrors, Gunner, Henderson, Judge Kwan thinks. See Kwan in there made me really excited. Juan Soto and Alvarez. By the way, our special is going to be airing next week to our fantasy All Stars for twenty twenty four. A lot of the same names here, maybe a few different. And then on the Nation League side, William Contreras, Bryce Harper, hopefully you'll be able to play. We'll see fingers crossed, can tell Marte, Alec Bohm, Trey Turner, Trey Turner, I mean ridiculously even play the first half is so dumb Jackson, Profar Tattis Yelich and Ol Tommy. When you roll down to some of the pitchers here, Tyler Anderson his second All Star game, Tyler Anderson's expected ERA is like seven thousand, his FIP is eight thousand.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: But what else could they have done?
Speaker 2: Nothing like I spoken of Tyler Anderson. But if there isn't a bigger cell high at the break, candidate, I don't know who who is here?
Speaker 3: You know what, here's a tease the trade video. We're gonna do the trade stuff we're gonna do. Here is an All Star edition. I started this with Tyler Anderson. If this was built around.
Speaker 2: Tyler Barns, Class Crochet, Gilbert your boy All Star, Clay Holmes, Tanner, Hawick, Seth Luga who totally deserves it, leading the league by the way tide and wins lean league and lead league and era unbelievable, Mason Miller, Cole Reagan's, Treik schoobl and Kirby Yates. And I see a couple Kansas City Royals pitchers on it. How about that on the National League side? Glass now Helsy Hoffman, Imanaga, Lopez Sale, Scott Skeens, which is going to be super fun. Hopefully he gets to pitch in that game. Strum Suarez, Ranger and Robert and then Logan Webb and Zach Wheeler so Welsh. I think for me, the fun thing here is Skeens. Can you get Skeens an inning in the All Star Game? I hope we do. I don't know how the rotations line up or anything. I haven't looked ahead yet, but that's good for baseball. I want Paul Skeens on that mound at some point. That's gonna be electricity in that building. Any thoughts here maybe on Trey Turner being ridiculous as the starting shorts.
Speaker 3: I can give you two. I can give you two snubs Francisco Lindo or someone said in the chat huge snub and I think the biggest one and call me a home or not. But Christian Walker Pete Alonzo made it in over Christian Walker. Christian Walker is literally beating him in every single category out there that the Diamondbacks Twitter world is losing their mind. Pee Alnzo not deserved to take that over Walker. With Harper coming out, that's probably either going to open up a spot for Christian Walker or Lindor. But I thought those two were like the really the biggest snubs of not making it. And I will just reiterate one last time. I will talk a lot about how much I hate fan voting in All Star Games. I think it's embarrassingly stupid. I think more than ever, or just because it's right now, the getting one representative of each team is so stupid, Like Tyler Anderson is an All Star?
Speaker 1: Is Tyler Anderson do?
Speaker 2: However, I will say this Welsh, I think that is another one of these pieces from a bygone era where you didn't get to see the American League. If you're a Nation League fan and you didn't have the Internet, you didn't have all these things. It was cool to see guys from other teams like it was a big deal. As a kid growing up in the early mid eighties, it was really cool to see those guys. I gotta watch the Yankee Games too. I was lucky I lived in New York, so you would see those American League guys more. But you ever saw him in your ballpark. You didn't really watch a whole lot of them. So if you're a Mets fan and vice versa of your Yankees pants. It was cool to see, you know, a guy from the Angels, a guy from this team.
Speaker 1: You know, that was neat.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. You're an All Star or you're not. This one representative is kind of dumb at the end of the day. But it's it's all right. I can live with that. That's one of the old guard things I can still live with at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: But I'm not gonna live with all of it because I don't care about the All Star Game, like everyone gets and they're like.
Speaker 2: I love how angry You're like, you don't care about Hall of Fame, you don't care about All Star Game.
Speaker 1: You're funny.
Speaker 2: You're a funny baseball fight in the sense it's like big ticket items that Welsh's like, I.
Speaker 3: Hate the things that get people work there that they want to fight about. I don't care. I don't care about Like there's gar.
Speaker 1: When it comes to this stuff.
Speaker 2: But no, maybe a little less confrontational, more confrontational when it comes to trades. Let's talk trades with Welsh for Week sixteen. Welsh, who are the guys you want to get rid of?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Now, who are the guys you want to get on your roster as soon as you can?
Speaker 3: All right, this is an All Star edition of the Trade Talk. Here, I've got three names. These are all players that made the All Star Game. But I am going to present I'm gonna do a little bit of a phishing and farming for your interactions here with this first one. This is similar to what we talked about with Garrett Crochet. So let me present this for a tiny talk, and then I will just give you the three names that I think you can trade four or away at the All Star Game. Here is my presentation to you for the All Star Game. Should we and can we trade Paul Schemes, trade four or trade away? I know it's been a big question all season long. Now I have a couple scenarios I'm gonna throw at you. But let me give you some good and some bad of things. You guys already know. The good on Paul Skiing, who by the way, absolutely deserves the All Star bid. The good and ten starts this year two really just like a barely over to era, which has been phenomenal. He's gone six innings in more in eight of his ten starts, He's gone six or more innings apologies, in eight of his ten starts, which is crazy, crazy for any starter at this point, but a rookie. Nonetheless, he struck out seven or more in all but one start. Fifth, best K percentage in baseball since June first, and a million other nice things that you know. Here's the bat on Paul Skins. The Pirates are now ten games back in the Division, four and a half games back in the wild Card, which isn't horrible, but they're fourth right now. If they fall out, the second big worry is going to be the innings cap starting to stare at us in the face. This guy had one, I mean really, one of the biggest storylines when he got drafted was his usage in college. We now see a big usage happening here. If they're out of it, he's in the All Star Game values up. I think it's something to consider. Also, a little stat I thought was interesting. Since June first, he has the highest left on base percentage in all of baseball ninety seven percent. A lot of that is to like his skills and his talent, but that's a regressional standpoint. There are two players in that period of time who had over ninety and number two is ninety one percent, So you know he's been incredible. But the idea here is, like you've mentioned with Heel, if they're out of it, are we going to lose some of how aggressive they've been. He's going deep into games. His pitch count is that also.
Speaker 1: Is not going to be around for weeks again or days. It's going to be weeks.
Speaker 2: I guess they're saying we're waiting to get him back. Another thing I'll throw on with Skeins too. First time through the batting order forty one percent k rate, second time thirty percent k rate, third time twenty six point nine percent k rate. So stamina already within games is a bit of an.
Speaker 1: Issue for Skiings.
Speaker 2: So if he's sorry the thing, the walk rate goes up second time through the order from four percent to seven point.
Speaker 1: As most do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one thing that he has going for him is the adjustments of fastball to splinker, and I think that keeps people live. But here, so here's the question, and I ask you guys in the comments below, whether you're watching live or you're watching this after the fact, let us know are you a buyer in the sense that he's going to be a top ten sp rest of season. He is performing at that level, and boy, we're gonna have some great off season questions. Or is this the time he made the All Star Game? Pirates are still kind of in the hunt a little bit, and they have said they're not looking to like shut shut him down. Those are a lot of things that work into building this value, so real quick, and then I'll present a couple of scenarios, Joe, are you a buyer he will be top ten rest of season? Or are you selling where he is performing as a top five spece. So let's say you're trading him away and you're getting the asset of a top five to eight type of pitcher. You're trading away or you're selling him in the top or you're buying him in the top ten. So you can buy or sell schemes. And I'm not.
Speaker 1: Making fine where the lume is a ten. I mean, that's just easy for me.
Speaker 2: I have concerned about Again, this is somebody who's played in the More Points League.
Speaker 1: There's playoffs world.
Speaker 2: That era that's upcoming soon in August into September scares me a little bit with Skeens. Now if it's season long. Rod that's a different story. I'll probably take my lumps with schemes. That's that's where I'll be in.
Speaker 3: And maybe I think it's you know, in those worlds kind of kind of a good way to say it, Like in Rodo, I think schemes out.
Speaker 2: Strike out in quality peripherals where I don't think it matters, Like I think you even take some of the dip if you need it, or if it get shout down, it gets shot down, You'll live with that because he.
Speaker 1: Gave you so much already, so you think you take it for the next six weeks.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, if you're in anything that's got head to head in it where there's playoffs, to me, that's the one where I'm a little scared. Like if you asked me, would rather have like Sureser or Paul Skeins August First, you're gonna hate this answer.
Speaker 1: For most people, it's probably sures are.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, see that's not even okay. So I'm gonna present a couple to you and then we'll go that's actually shocking to me, Yeah, because like I I mean.
Speaker 2: The guy who's still got a high strikeout rate. I mean, I know he's older, but he's gonna be pitching for the Rangers or a team that decides they are contending.
Speaker 1: If the Rangers decide that they're not.
Speaker 3: It's more than you said August, like if you would have said September. I don't know, maybe, but August first, Like, I still like Scheme's talent is not my big question here, and I think it's risky. And that's why I'm bringing this up. And I'm dying to get your guys' take, So put good takes on the comments. We can talk about it this week. But I'm not making the case from a talent perspective. You move off. I'm making a case that I think there are some of those.
Speaker 1: Worries and there's a lot of griz.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna still go schemes on the outside, but I get close. Okay, So here, So here are the two trades I want to give to you real quick. You can do this with Skeins. Let's say, who would you rather have? Rest of season? You got to get out, like what your need is? Would you rather have Paul Skins or would you rather have Ellie.
Speaker 1: I'll still take Ellie.
Speaker 2: I think that there's always massive swings with Ellie where if he gets hot, he carries your whole team, everyday player of that ilk first round time.
Speaker 3: I completely agree. And if he is at the level of top five right now, that might be something you can often would you rather have ski if you could trade schemes to get Kirby and Alec Bohm? What would you do?
Speaker 1: What side Kirby and Boem?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let's play the head to head take Kirby and Boom too.
Speaker 1: Effact? I like that. I think that's a really good value, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So those are the things I'm thinking of. So when I bring this up, not hating think about capitalization. Where he is an All Star, he's at the tippy top of his game. Everything looks incredible, and the pirates are still kind of in it. This might be absolute maximizing in the trade world. But let's see what you guys have to say in the comments and we'll bring it up later this week. All right, Joe, I got three other All Stars we can look at trading four or away, trading away Shota Imanagata. Since since Shota, since June first, he's got a five RA he's actually been better than that. But it's still a three point nine to two X fit in that period of time, so that high three to four ERA range that I've been talking about. Also his batting average against two seventy nine in that period of time, which is the twelfth worst among qualified starting pitchers, and I talked about that. I will say this will this cannot sustain as Paul schemes from June first on ninety seven percent left on base percentage show, it's a fifty eight point five percent left on base percentage, which is sixth worst among all starting pitchers. And he's not walking guys too, So that's a lot of hits that I mean, that's a bad number that will positively regress, but I don't know how much. I think it might be a decent time to look at moving off of Imonaga as the second half goes on. Two players i'm buying that are all stars. I am buying Pittsburgh Pirates Brian Reynolds on the year two eighty four average five stolen bases, which is a very Reynolds like season. The sixteen homers he's got those are an outlier. But since June first, as my marko, I'm using today, he's hitting three forty six with nine homers and a fifty one point one percent hard hit percentage. He has been phenomenal. I still think he kind of like falls under that line of excitement that people have. Brian Reynolds is an All Star that I'm buying, and here's a struggling All Star who made it. One of those that you could question, how did they make it? Marcus Simeon with the Texas Rangers. I mean, he made the All Star Game despite hitting two thirty two. The twelve homers helped, but on the year he has just a two forty one babbit. Again, positive aggression is coming in, which is about forty points lower than his career, fifty points than last year, and since June first, he has the league's fourth worst babbit at two oh four. So what I'm giving to you here is there's massive positive aggression that plays in and he has been traditionally a second half player. He has hit twenty to thirty points higher in the second half throughout. Rangers have talked about selling. I don't think they will. A lot of the underlying stuff is still there. I think you can buy Marcus Simeon on the cheap right now and that would be a guy that I am looking to pick up two all stars to trade for one to trade away. And what the hell you guys doing with skeins, that's what looking at.
Speaker 2: And those are the guys moving and shaking for talking trades with the Welsh for a week sixteen. All right, let's have a little fun. We'll run through some fun things, some nuggets. Ueno Suarez three for four. Oh, maybe he's gonna be another week or so, is a Diamondback by Maybe the Diamondbacks can trade him away. Maybe somebody's desperate for a bat. They could send him back to Seattle too. Corbyn Carroll home run his first since May seventh. Edwin Diaz weird day for him. So he pitched an inning and a third against the Pirates. He allowed a hit, a walk, struck a guy out, blew a save, but end up getting a win. So weird day for him. Heston kirsted rookie lookie, three run homer for him. Brooks Lee two for four with a run scored after a big day of the day before. He's hitting four to seventy four so far as a Major leaguer.
Speaker 1: Three up and three down. Christian Yelich three for four with a homer and a double. Bobby Witt got me a dinger. D Yeah, I guess head, let's go.
Speaker 2: Bobby Witt and Berdy Singer limited the Rockies to one run over seven three down. Dallas Kaikeel no stranger to this list. He is not the answer Brewers, he is not the answer for I walks at four and a third the brew crewe again pick up dial Hall. I told you last week. I'm telling you again, you better do it. Ezekiel Tovar hitless for the month of July, another zero for four with three ks.
Speaker 1: He was on my cell list just two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So that's looking like a good one too, because they said, look, there's nobody around this guy hitting either. And Tovar's numbers are eventually going to come back down to earth a little bit, and they have Cody Bellinger maybe asking for an out. He's zero for four yesterday to for a second straight game, so not good against the Angels. Injury notes, I mentioned Jared Jones before when we're having that discussion about Paul Skeins, He's gonna be weeks away still. According to the Pittsburgh Pirates, Carlos Correa who had been red hot. He told reporters on Sunday he expects to return for the Twins on Monday, so that's a big get for them. Nicolodolo throwing a bullpen session this weekend, that's positive. Labor Torres was not in the lineup yesterday dealing with that groin injury, so he needed a blow for his groin injury that he's dealing with. I guess freezing and timing is everything, Welsh. Anthony Rendono could be back today. Are you excited about that return? Welsh h I'm as excited as he is. Jack Flaherty, who could be a piece. I think that a lot of teams might go after I could see the Yankees going.
Speaker 3: After Flarerty absolutely.
Speaker 1: Thursday.
Speaker 2: He is back to start apparently against the Guardian, so close eye on that. That's gonna be a huge start here for the Tigers and for Flaherty. If Flowerty looks good, goes six innings, gives up two runs or something like that, you better get on the horn and put him out there on the block and see what you can get. Now at the time to strike, you don't want a setback with that back issue. Devin Williams remember him. He's gonna throw a live bullpen session on Tuesday. We'll let you know how that goes. Clayton Kershaw with a shoulder two simulated innings on Sunday. So far, so good, no ill effects. The MRI on Julio Rodriguez Is quad showed no structural damage and Blake Snell back on Tuesday against the Blue Jays. He's been doing with a groin two but that quad issue. The whole Julio season has been just misery.
Speaker 1: Welsh.
Speaker 2: This is a guy who had thirty homers and one hundred RBI last year. That Seattle's got to do something soon. But I look at Julio as a fascinating by low in keeper and Dynasty leagues too, because it's been so wretched, so bad. This might be your window, and I'm buying he's still so young, with so much upside.
Speaker 1: Welsh.
Speaker 2: I think this is your this twenty twenty four window, and Julio might be shutting soon.
Speaker 1: At some point. I want to buy him in those keeper leagues. What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this might be one of the better times to buy big talent in Dynasty because you know, Kunya's hurt you. You're mentioning Julio has been down ticking Corbyn Carroll has kind of fallen apart. I do think a bigger question is going to be about, like what does this mean to the long term. Here's what I will say, and what I mean by that is like I think Corbyn Carl's changed. I don't know if this is going to fix. I don't know if it's a shoulder which everybody keeps going about. We saw the one swing he had this weekend which looked vintage Carol, that was taking a high pitch up and out and showing that power won awaight off. That bat looked beautiful, but he still can't be consistent. I don't think we are gonna get huge, big power output Corbyn Carroll again. I think he's gonna have to maybe change a little bit as a player, where I don't think Julio has changed. So I'm bringing this back to say, like I'm actually a buyer still on Carol because it's so ridiculously low. I need Julio to be lower, but I don't think there's a ton in the profile that is like freaking me out that I like he's hitting breaking pitches worse this year, but a lot of the underlying stuff is still there, so I think the talent can bounce back. Not a lot of lineup support. Been a weird year, but yes, I completely agree. I'm buying on.
Speaker 2: Don't get a talent this young, this good that's hit rock bottom like this, Carol.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if he's out of the top ten for anybody though, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: I you know what, I don't know, man, I it was pretty bad this year. You're probably right, most people will have discipline. But if somebody doesn't, or if somebody's got him and is about to make a run for a championship too, maybe you can offer them, you know, an overpay to get him on your roster for the future and say, hey, go in a championship.
Speaker 1: Give me Julio. I think this is time to do it.
Speaker 2: It's also time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you place your bets at Bet three six five, Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use the promo code leading off only at Bet three six five, And of course, if you have a gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa terms, and the conditions apply Welsh. Kind of a weird day on the slate, so I'm gonna hyper focus Chrissale on the mound for the Atlanta Braves minus one and a half on the run line.
Speaker 1: Are those Braves at minus.
Speaker 2: One ten, Joey like, even though it's on the road against Arizona. Chrsale has been absolutely fantastic. The sale props were a little juice today, So I'm staying away from the individual stuff with him. But in that same game, I am gonna look to matt Olsen over on the RBI point five at plus one point thirty. That's a big number there for matt Olsen. Give that to me, let him drive in a run today, and then I'm gonna look at Ellie de la Cruz. I like, two bets on Ellie today. You got even money on the over one and a half total bases against the Rockies today and over point five steals over the half steal there at plus one point fifty five. He's got more than thirteen steals than anybody else in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: So give me.
Speaker 2: Ellie to get those total bases, get the stolen bases, doubling down on those two at good money too. Those are my best bets of the day. But Welsh, what are yours?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I agree with you, it's a weird day and there's not a lot. We actually have some similar things. It's been a great week though. It has been a phenomenal week from my downtick back up bettingpros dot com slash Welsh if you want to check some of them out. I've found a good stride on some stuff that I like. Right now is the year changes, but today if so, back to what you said, we're kind of hyper focused in some similar games. I'm also going to back the Braves against my Diamondbacks. Gilbert Diaz is going to be making his major league debut for the Diamondbacks. I will say he is a fascinating arm to pay attention to. He was one of the leaders in double A strikeouts. He's got a big, old nasty curveball. Might be deceptive early on, but I'm a little bit worried about like young control issues. He's also like really like rocketed up the system. He's going against Sale. I'm gonna back the Braves and Chris Sail through the first five innings. To be up by a run money line is not in play here. But if they are up by one run through the first five, it's minus one twenty five. That is a play.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I love my first fives as well. I'm gonna play a first five money line bet. We are going to Andrew Abbott and the Cincinnati Reds first five money line, pairing it with Gavin Williams in Cleveland through the first five money line. They're both doable solo, it's just a little too juiced. But if I pair them together, I get almost two to one plus one ninety four. So I'm playing both of those first fives first fives a little bit easier than the money line, of course. And I laughed when I saw this on the sheet because I couldn't believe, you know how, Like I don't go nuts into like the individual hitter player props. I went straight to Ellie Daily Cruz today and I was like, I'm gonna play some Ellie. I like the matchup. I like what we can get out of Elle. I actually looked straight at the stolen base numbers. It's really juice though for a stolen base. I don't hate it, but I'm going with you on the total bases. It's plus money. It's even plus one hundred for one point five over total bases, and that is what I am playing with Ellie, not a lot else. I'm probably gonna add to the weird slate here, and I want to be careful starting out the week because I've been on a good run. But you guys can always check it all out betting pros dot com slash Welsh, Bettingpros dot com slash Joe and download the Betting Pros app to check out all of our bets.
Speaker 1: On what we got.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Welsh, why Langford thing we talked about a couple of weeks ago, or it was plus twenty five hundred, it's two to one now it's two to one.
Speaker 3: Last I look, he was tied with It was him and him and Heel were like the exact same odds. I think I haven't looked today. I wouldn't be surprised if Langford maybe took that over.
Speaker 2: Well, if you bought in at twenty five hundred and you bought in again at six hundred, like we told you, you're a very happy camper right now. And that's why you follow us, and that's why you watch, and that's why you subscribe to the Betting Pros channel, and of course to this channel as well, Fans Pros MLB.
Speaker 1: And those are the best bets.
Speaker 2: Of the day for Monday. All right, Well, sh let's take a look at the home run board over the weekends. See if I'm still hanging on.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: I'm right there there, twenty four still alive. Thank you, Bobby Wit. You had to wait till Sunday to hit a home run in Colorado. I told you it's a weird day, Welsh. So again, not gonna try to go too many places here, Ellie de la Cruz, I'm already invested, so let's just go with Ellie.
Speaker 1: Where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 3: I was gonna go Ellie too, but you took him, and I don't want to ride with you because it's not gonna I ride with you. Yeah, So I'm gonna jump back over and I'm gonna go h Jose Ramirez for the day. I'm tempted to go with a brave you know what, No, I'm switching it now. Jmerez is guarantee he's gonna hit one. Guaranteed he's gonna hit one. We're gonna go with Austin Riley. Austin Riley on the Homer today.
Speaker 2: Here you go, and don't forget. Everybody do something good. Go to fantasypros dot com slash MLB review.
Speaker 1: We've seen so many reviews.
Speaker 2: And one of them again five star review. Somewhere fantasypros dot com slash MLB review. One of you is gonna win this Orlando Cabrera jersey from the old school Montreal Expos Man. I wish the Expos were still a team. I'd like to expand and go back to Montreal. That's we're gonna go. If you're gonna expand bring baseball back to weird ass Olympic Stadium, that would be fantastic.
Speaker 1: Welsh.
Speaker 2: We'll be back tomorrow, but we got a meeting to go to, so we're gonna go work for a little bit. This is play. We hope you're having fun here on the channel again. Subscribe drop your comments below. We all have to hear from you. A great conversation today about Paul Schiens and a lot of other things too.
Speaker 1: That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on. For the Welsh, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, All Star games coming. Welsh doesn't care.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB