Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hotels in Vegas maybe book solid this weekend, but there's one vacancy left to be filled. At UFC three seventeen, a new lightweight champ will be crowned. Grab your own crown at DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the UFC, Toporia takes on Oliviera to fill a vacant men's lightweight title and Alexandre Pintoja defense his flyweight belt against Kai Car of France in the co main event. Who are you taking? First time betting on UFC at DraftKings? Just pick something simple like a fighter to win and make your pick. It's that easy. And if you're new to DraftKings check this out. New customers who bet five dollars will get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now and use code hoops that's h oops, that's code hoops for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler, a New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and Why, or text hope and Why to four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help Us available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see dkang dot co. Slash audio. All right, welcome to Who's Tonight. You're at the volume. Happy Wensday, everybody, hope all you guys are having a great week. Well, this is our second. We haven't done this since the Victor Women Yama Draft, The Nerd Sash guys. If you guys remember, this is our second NBA Draft live show that we've done since I've come here to Hoops Tonight. We brought together a group of hoopheads, good friends of mine, all guys that love the NBA, that cover the NBA for a living. Obviously, you guys know Jackson from the show and then Carson and Logan from nerd sech are joining us tonight. We're going to be talking as the draft goes along. We're gonna be covering some other big picture topics around the NBA, like the recent trades at the Boston Celtics have made some rumors about stuff going on with the Philadelphia seventy six ers, with the Los Angeles Lakers. We're going to talk about some big picture topics surrounding the draft, and that's where I want to get started tonight as we kick over to Carson and Logan, I am this draft is loaded with a bunch of interesting storylines. Obviously, we have Boston already shedding a bunch of salary they could potentially be looking to make more deals tonight. We have the Oklahoma City Thunder who have just won the championship and are allegedly aggressively pursuing moves to move up in the draft, and they have the ability to add talent. We've got picks that have already been traded, all sorts of interesting stuff. Let's start with you, Carson, who is the most interesting team in this draft for you? Tonight?
Speaker 3: There's some good ones. I kind of think that you have to look at the team that just has an insane amount of picks, though, and that's the Brooklyn Nets. I mean, it is exceedingly rare that you see a team walk into draft day with five first rounders. I can't think of a time that we've ever actually seen a team pick five times in the first round. So whether or not they stand and pick in all these spots remains to be seen. But regardless, like this is probably a more important night for them in their franchise trajectory than anybody else because you look at the current state of their roster and like, their two best assets are two guys who it feels like everybody's been presuming they try to trade in Nick Claxon and Cam Johnson because they just don't totally align with the timeline camp. Thomas is obviously very talented, but he's in that archetype of like low efficiency, non defending, mediocre playmaking guard that you generally don't want to build around. So it feels like this is it. This is an opportunity for them to get some actual, maybe cornerstone talents in. But their highest pick right now is eight, So do they package some of those picks in the later first round nineteen twenty two, twenty six, twenty seven to try to move up, or do they just say we're gonna put a bunch of shots up today and just try to add a bunch of young talent to our roster. Regardless, I think that this is like a defining night for their rebuild, and I'm very interested in where they go.
Speaker 2: I also think there's just a lot of guys in this middle portion of the draft that fill roughly similar archetypes, and some guys that I feel like if you were to trade back and in this case a team that would do business with Brooklyn, I think you could find some pretty similar talents as you go further back in the draft as well. So it's kind of set up well for them in that regard. Logan any NETS takes or any other team that you're particularly interested in tonight.
Speaker 1: Honestly, if I'm the Nets, I'm going volume shooter mode. Dion Waiters, I think I'm just gonna, yeah, see what happens. I mean, They've got a ton of roster spots open. That's the other interesting part of them having all these picks is they actually have the roster spots to keep all of them. My most interesting team is probably the San Antonio Spurs just because of what they did this offseason. Well, in the regular season, they acquire Dearon Fox, but they've kind of found themselves in a really lucky spot to be picking number two because I think everybody's talking about Cooper Flagg going one to Dallas. Dallas was also very lucky in getting that pick, but san Antonio has found themselves in an opportunity to draft Dylan Harper, who I think is going to be better than Dearon Fox when he reaches his peak and should be the guard that san Antonio builds around for the future with this new timeline with Wemby. But they don't just have the second pick. They also have the fourteenth pick at the end of the lottery, which I think is really fascinating. You know, they could add two more players that fit this new timeline with Wemby, and it's just interesting, right You think they accelerate their timeline by going out and getting a guy like Fox. So do they still go with Dylan Harper? I personally think it would be a mistake passing up on him with the number two pick, but they've got an opportunity to add some new young talent to a team that is looking to be competitive and potentially in the playoffs next season. So I'm really interested to see what the Spurs do tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's stick around on San Antonio for a second, because this concept with Dylan Harper is super fascinating to me, because you know, Dylan, you know, after we all just watched a big scoring guard that no one can keep from getting to the rim, just lead a team to a championship surrounded by mainly defensive talent and getting you know, kind of inconsistent offensive support throughout the postseason. We just saw that work. We've seen that concept work, and the idea behind Dylan Harper makes a lot of sense to me. But we also know that he's got some question marks specifically surrounding the jump shot, whether whether or not that releasing to be refined quickened up a little bit to turn into something that he can actually use as a counter to his downhill force. And I look at the Spurs at large, and Victor Webbin Yama presents this predicament because he's ready to contend right now. He's ready to compete for championships right now. And so with that being the case, how do you actually go about balancing the timeline here, because when you look at Deer and Fox, when you look at some of the role player talent, how do you make this all work? Like, what would you do if you're san Antonio? In that case, I would just prioritize the best talent. I think that that's Dylan Harper. Like I do agree with you. You want to prioritize this short term window, but you also need to prioritize the long term window. And your move to prioritize the short term window was going out there and getting dearon Fox. So for the short term, yeah, that is the guy who is apparently going to get you into these playoff conversations. Obviously, the Spurs aren't going to contend without dramatic roster improvements. But like Logan said, I just think the talent is too good to pass up on, and he's not perfect. You mentioned some of the questions about the outside shot, the pull up shooting, but like to find a guy who gets to the rim at the rate he does, who gets to the line at the rate he does, who makes sixty eight percent of his shots at the rim, and then is also such a gifted passer and has the measurables that he does at like almost six' five with a six y ten wings. SPAN i just think there is so much ability there that's sort of like dominant downhill guard is so supremely, valuable especially to pair alongside a stretch big like A wemby and a guy who can manufacture some more looks around the rim For wemby two with his interior. Passing that's WHERE i lean on the side of just get the guy you think can be an actual cornerstone for you long, term BECAUSE i don't really think The Aaron fox is. THAT i think he's very, good but he's like not a top thirty player right. Now Dylan harper is a guy, Who, yeah it's always gonna be less of a known commodity when you're talking about drafting a, prospect but the ceiling is higher. There SO i wouldn't concern myself too much with the timeline because what's the move that they're gonna make that's really gonna accelerate this timeline other than like A yannis, trade which that's not gonna.
Speaker 3: Happen it doesn't look.
Speaker 2: Like, well that's the key is there's no urgency to actually make that decision tonight as we have our number one pick actually coming in as we. SPEAK i the you can absolutely Take Dylan harper into camp and then be, like, oh he's four or five years away from being ready to play, real, serious winning. Basketball we have to look to move, him or you can bring him in and go, like, Eh darin's kind of struggling as a fit with. This, Anyway dylan's playing pretty. Well let's make some move to try to to balance more towards the younger side of. Things and that's the thing is that it's the talent play within the. Draft i'm more just looking in the future whether or not that's a pivot they're going to have to. Make. Well Cooper flag is officially A Dallas. MAVERICK i am particularly, excited even though this roster makes a whole lot of no sense at this point in terms of imbalance and the lack of ball handling and the five starting players that could all play at the four or the. Five but the biggest thing That i'm most excited about With Cooper flag is just watching him play defense Alongside Anthony. DAVIS i think one of the most unique things About cooper flag is that he's basically closer to his ceiling than the vast majority of eighteen year olds that you'll ever encounter playing, basketball and he is kind of uniquely equipped to be a number one overall pick for a team Like. Dallas BECAUSE i was actually talking about this on the radio earlier. Today you look at these guys that come into the, draft Like Jonathan, minga and it's, like, man he just desperately needs to go somewhere he can be bad and like slowly learn how to play basketball at his own. Pace if you did that To, cooper he would go, insane like he would he couldn't go be bad for a long. Time that's Not he is ready to play, competitive winning basketball in a dead serious environment right. Now AND i think that that lines up pretty well with What Nico harrison is trying to. Do and So i'm particularly, excited even if it looks a little clunky at, first and even if they end up having to make some roster balancing, Trades i'm super. Excited in one of the unique pieces of The Kyrie irving injury is it kind of buys a little time early in the season to lean Into Cooper moore as a ball, handler WHICH i think is something that is still even an area of opportunity For cooper to get. Better AND i think it's just such natural feel for the. Game it's just Something i'm super excited. About let's kick To jackson for a. Second, jackson what are your thoughts On cooper going to The Dallas.
Speaker 4: MAVERICKS i think that HE i think for the short term it's definitely a little awkward the fact that they HAVE. Pj, Washing Cooper, Flag Anthony, Davis Daniel, gaffard And Derek, lively and you're presumably only getting three of those guys on the court at the same. Time but long term it's. AWESOME i, Mean i'm extremely as high On Cooper flags as everybody else. SAYS i do think his best position eventually will be power, Forward so that is kind of, like how quickly does that happen for them on that roster IS i think a big question BECAUSE i you, know both because, offensively his at least for right, now his jumper is probably his worst, quality and it's not even that, bad but it's probably his worst quality offensively and, DEFENSIVELY i think you want him as more of a roamer playmaker, type which you probably won't be able to have to do if he's guarding small. Forwards so that's sort of the only, like when does that pivot? HAPPEN i think is the only sort of question For dallas and for his. Development BUT i completely agree that he. Is it's crazy how ready he. Is it seems like how ready he is considering that he also moved up a Great like it's one thing to be ready as a three year college, player even as a freshman who was sort of one of those like twenty year old. Rookies right he is a child basically as. Eighteen he should not even be in THE nba this coming, season and he it feels, like by all, accounts he's going to be ready to make an impact right. Away oh, YEAH i H.
Speaker 2: I that's specifically a trait that we've noticed With cooper over the course of the last three or four. Years it's just every time you put him into a higher leverage, situation he's like the dude who gets promoted into jobs that he's not theoretically ready, for but like he just ends up owning it and leaning into it and kicking. Ass like he's just he's been putting a bunch of really tough. Spots he like straight up competed WITH nba players over the summer in The olympics. Prep i've been super super impressed by. Him, logan what are your thoughts On Cooper flag To.
Speaker 1: DALLAS i want to touch on some of The jackson just Mentioned with their roster, CONSTRUCTION i Think dallas is in a really enviable. Position you, know you're talking about that kind of clogged up front cork That dallas, has and we're talking about them not having ball handlers one which you just Mentioned. JASON i think it's going to be really good For cooper and his development just to get those reps in that experience as a primary ball handler where he wouldn't AND i think he's going to fit in seamless as an off ball scorer once that opportunity presents. Itself but there's never a problem having this much talent because Ultimately dallas gets to flip these guys for whatever they. WANT i think the long term, answer like you guys have Mentioned flag at the four ad at the, FIVE i think it's the best and just easiest fit for, switchability for spreading out the offense to maximize both sides of the.
Speaker 2: Ball so.
Speaker 1: Flip gafford AND.
Speaker 2: Pj.
Speaker 1: WASHINGTON i, mean that seems like the most logical thing that we're gonna see.
Speaker 3: Bended gafford though for three years sixty.
Speaker 2: Million well that means get a bit of clarification on that, front that it's like actually fifty four and that the other six million are unlikely, incentives and so his contract is still. Tradeable i'm not one hundred percent sure about, that BUT i believe he is still. Tradable but, anyway go, ahead AND i think that's the.
Speaker 1: ANSWER i think you flipped these they're very valuable commodities and they're expendable to you now that you Have, Cooper flag And ad like they lucked out in this, situation BUT i think they're gonna BE i think they're gonna have a really easy time flipping these guys into assets that they need BECAUSE i think a lot of teams should be interested in WHAT. Pj washington brings to the, table What gafford brings to the. Table and now for the, future you've Got flag And, lively who are one hell of a front court, duo and you've Got ad And kyrie who can help you. Win, NOW i just think And clay. TOO i think the mass of lucked, out AND i think they're gonna have an easier time than some people are expecting filling out the rest of this. Roster so let's start.
Speaker 2: Here, Cars i'm gonna kick it to you like. This it's like this scene From The Dark knight where The joker breaks the POOL q in half and hands it to the two. Dudes Both cooper And ad want to play power. Forward who ends up winning the battle for power forward In?
Speaker 3: Dallas it should Be flag at the four And ad at the. FIVE i know That ad has this obsession with playing the, four BUT i just think he is so much more effective offensively when he can play in that spaced out environment and he's not forced to play from the perimeter. More and then, defensively this guy has shown a million times over that he's more than capable of being an elite anchor at the. Five SO i totally agree with What logan was. SAYING i think it should Be flag at the four And ad at the, five and that's gonna be one of the best defensive duos in basketball, immediately even when they Go flag at the, Three ad at the, four and one of these bigs at the. Five, like is there outside Of Oklahoma city going to be a better defense in basketball next year Than? DALLAS i don't think. So like that, length that, size that, rebounding that aggregate rim protection in the front, court it is. Stupid And flag obviously has all the mobility to guard on the. Perimeter he's most impactful as that helper In, romer but just a freak all around.
Speaker 2: Talent.
Speaker 3: MAN i totally agree with, You jason when you say he is uniquely well, equipped even for a number one overall, pick even for a number one overall pick of this, caliber to immediately slide, in slide in and be like that do it all wing for a team that wants to, contend because he checks all the. Boxes he has the field, offensively he has the off ball, scoring he has the, transition he has the ball handling and playmaking and doses at the very, least and then defensively is going to be so insanely. Impactful the guy's just a. Winner the floor is crazy, high and the ceiling is really high, too but it's that floor that is immediately going to be so. IMPACTFUL i think it'll be a top fifty player as a rookie and that's a dream For.
Speaker 2: Dallas, yeah to your, point we've seen number one overall picks Like Anthony Edward words who are bona fide won't number one overall types of talent that, has you, know come to fruition over. Time but it would have been a terrible option In dallas as a. Rookie he would have been such a poor. Fit you, know he's so undisciplined off ball as a defender and so screenable on ball and all that kind of Stuff cooper can right, Away Like cooper could legitimately start for any team in THE nba, tomorrow like he's so he's so. Versatile, POSITIONALLY i do agree with all the points That jackson's, making essentially that like when you play the three instead of the, four there's additional responsibility defensively on the perimeter to navigate, screens and there's more there's clunkier spacing in the sense that you're putting to, bigger, slower less skilled players in front of him in the front. Court and SO i think that's ultimately where it. Goes but what'll probably end up happening is it'll Be Anthony davis in one center and they'll have two big looks that they, use and they kind of oscillate back and forth between the. Two but then they'll close games routinely With cooper And ad at the. Five when the time, comes our number two overall pick is, In Dylan harper has gone to The San Antonio. Spurs so we conceptualize this idea That San, antonio even though they're making the talent play, here going for the best player. Available AND i Had Sam vessini on the show On, tuesday And sam had talked about how he sees a substantial drop off from number two to number three moving forward in the draft from this point in terms of just you, know risk associated with some of these guys reaching their top. End but there is a window of opportunity for San antonio over time to continue to pivot to make changes along the. Way they have another pick coming later in the first. Round so my question for you will go to You, logan if you're Keeping dylan in the short, term how does this work in terms of the basketball trying to work Alongside, fox Alongside victor Wemban yama in this, system it's.
Speaker 1: The question after you make this. Pick me And carson have talked about this recently on a couple of our. Shows but all three of these guys are in the exact same, archetype and that's what makes it hard to make it viable with all of them all downhill guards who need the ball in their, hands and you've got questions maybe About castle's, Jumper you've got questions About harper's. Jumper to, me it's kind of what you were saying before we got this thing, Started. JASON i think you're probably gonna have to pick the guy that you're gonna rock with long term at some point in this season and move off of one of these. GUARDS i think the odd man out Is Dearn, fox and it's nothing Against. FOX i think he's a very talented. PLAYER i think he's A i think it was a good move For San antonio to do what they did last, Season LIKE i think it made, Sense BUT i Like harper And castle's long term upside. MORE i think that they're going to be ready to go and win quicker than people, expect AND i just think those are the guys That i'd rather build. AROUND i Think, fox as much as we can look at the raw, NUMBERS i Think fox has his own. Flaw if it's defensively really being. Committed and you know, What i'll give him some grace with. That right he was In. Sacramento that's not the best. SITUATION i think San, antonio he can be committed to actually working on that. End But fox doesn't get downhill as much as he used. TO i cided this stat on our last shows his rim attempts have had since the peak that they were at in twenty. Twenty he's so relyingt on that. JUMPER i just don't think he's as impactful as he could be if he really weaponized his athletic traits to the. Fullest so to answer your, Question, JASON i don't really know how it's viable with all three of these. GUYS i don't think it really works right. NOW i think it's going to be clunky and you're gonna have to pick who you go. With BUT i don't think you can pass Up Dylan. Harper And i'm just higher On harper And castle long term Than. Fox so to, Me fox would be the odd man.
Speaker 4: OUT i Think fox is the odd man out because of it feels Like castle also is the one who needs the ball in his hands the. Least it feels like he could fit the best alongside either of the Of harper Or, fox so he feels like he's squarely as part of their, core unless, that you, know there's A yiannis. Trade BUT i ALSO i think that IT'LL i think it'll be really interesting to see what happens in the first half of the, season because if they're good right, away if they're, like, okay we're above five hundred, immediately then it's kind of hard to move off Of Darren. Fox but if they're kind of around five hundred or and then if The bucks sort of aren't as good and The yiannis trade becomes more available than it seems like it is right, NOW i actually Think fox could be an interesting player to in a trade for Ge, honest if The bucks end up end up making a move like. That because The bucks don't own their picks for a few, years they need to be semi not, terrible and so Darreon fox would at least along with a bunch of other. Picks, obviously it's not Just Darren fox would would sort of accomplish that better Than harper Or castle.
Speaker 2: Would there are some numbers with uh With, harper specifically with unguarded catch and shoot shooting that are. Good it's part of the reason Why i'm encouraged about his ability to become a better jump. Shitter we've seen this archetype so many times in the past where the dude who's the ball handler can knock down off the dribble jump, shots but he can't hit off the catch because he just never practiced off the catch in his entire. Childhood he had to create every shot for. Everybody there's never an opportunity for him to like really learn how to be an off ball catch and shoot. Player Dylan harper's kind of the exact, opposite where he's an on ball, player but his shot release is so in front of his face and it's a little drawn out and it's a little, hitchy and so off the dribble he's his energy transfer is poor and every shot looks a little, different and so he's not very consistent. There but then when he's wide opening catch and shoot, situations he hit over half of his threes this, year which is a sign of a very good touch in those sorts of. Situations so that's going to be really the key is whether or not he can actually figure out the off ball piece and then in the short term and then in the law long term put together on the ball.
Speaker 5: Shooting Blending vice's signature dynamic storytelling with the high octane world of. Sports Vice sports brings an exciting and diverse range of programming that goes beyond the. Game from action pack live events to gripping behind the scenes, documentaries to hard hitting investigative pieces and in.
Speaker 1: Depth profiles of, athletes, coaches.
Speaker 5: Teams Vice sports captures the raw, energy, drama and passion that makes sports truly. Unforgettable catch live events and other exclusive sports programs only On VICE. Tv go to vicetv dot com to find your cable.
Speaker 2: Channel, carson what's your take On Dealan harper fitting with the Spurg just to.
Speaker 3: Add to that point a little, BIT i also think that we've seen flashes of him off, ball attacking close. OUTS i think we've seen flashes of him. Cutting so obviously this is a guy who is primarily going to play with the ball in his. Hands that's where he's at his most. Lethal BUT i do think there are some positive indicators for him being solid off, Ball and then in terms of the pull up. Jumper agree with. YOU i also do think That we've definitely seen the shot creation, ability the ability to create, space the, footwork the step, backs, like that's all. There so it's really just the mechanics and the consistency of the pull up jumper. Itself but, man he just does so much THAT i. Love, yeah the fit is definitely. Weird one of these three guards is going to be. GONE i would be fine with it being Either fox Or. Castle i'm not as high On castle as some, maybe even THOUGH i do like, HIM i just think there's still a lot of questions. There you make a good, Point jackson in that he is the guy who is going to do the most things to impact the game without the, ball being an elite rebounding guard, talent having the defensive potential that he. Does but until he becomes a dramatically better catch and, shooter if he ever becomes, that, like you're still gonna have some questions about playing him off ball and what kind of value he can deliver. There But harper's the guy Who i'm going all in. On like, again just this level of rim, pressure, finishing foul, drawing, playmaking protecting the. Basketball at the level he, DOES i think he'll become an average pull up shooter and a solid overall jump. Shooter and if he gets, there you're looking at An All. Star you're looking at a guy who maybe could be on the fringes of ALL nba, conversations and there's not another talent like that in this. Class after obviously flag.
Speaker 2: The shooting is actually they just get our first.
Speaker 4: Shams our first shams were going, here and then the pick was in as. Well that The sixers are keeping the pick and they're DRAFTING Vj edge right.
Speaker 2: On so no, trade no trade to get off of The george really, Quickly carson before we move on TO VJ. H the separation is the more important. Piece there are a lot of guys who can shoot in THE, nba and they can't get to their. Spots and LIKE i, mean if we haven't seen that on display in this, postseason like the guys that can get to their spots against athleticism and physicality is just so. Valuable and the touch is, there the footwork's, there the handles. There he's just got to improve his you, know energy transfer from the ground up a little bit, quicker a little. Bit crisper shoots the ball up a little bit more instead of out so far AND i think he'll put it all. TOGETHER i think that potential is. There SO. Vj edgecombe to The philadelphia seventy Six, ers a team that already Has jared McCain And Tyrese Maxey. Logan what's your take on getting? This, uh you, know obviously not an on ball, guard but a guy who, plays in my, opinion at THE nba level of two to fit inside The sixers big picture.
Speaker 1: Plans So i'll preface this by SAYING i agree with whoever said there's a little bit of a drop off between two and, three BUT i still LOVE.
Speaker 2: Vj.
Speaker 1: Edgecombe the question marks with him is going to be how great he can be in the half court and what he does for your. Spacing he shot forty three percent on unguarded catch and shoot, jumpers SO i think there is shooting. UPSIDE i don't hate to. STROKE i think he's going to be a good shooter one, day but like you, mentioned he does everything. Else it's such a high level That i'm confident he's going to have a winning impact where, DEFENSIVELY i think he's going to be a. Problem he's a supreme. Athlete the dude has springs attached to his, shoes just ridiculous bounce WHERE i think he's going to be a really good transition. Score and then the big thing is defense and, rebounding a tremendous rebounder for a. Guard and so WHEN i look at what The sixers have right, NOW i just think they're in best player available. Mode i'm gonna be, Honest i'm not super optimistic About philadelphia being competitive in this window. Whatsoever you guys know. ME i gave up On Joel embiid a long time. Ago i'm pretty much out On Paul. George SO i don't think That philadelphia really has a real opportunity to compete in The east unless everything falls their. Way SO i think they should take the best player, available AND i do think That's, edgecombe BUT i do think he can do some winning things for. Them they've got the scoring punch With. Embiid, theoretically If Paul george returns to what he can, be he could be a solid. Three maxi is a beast and he's a. Score so it's, like you don't need more scoring. Punch you need guys who can do the little, things AND i Think edgecomb can immediately do, that but does have long term all star upside with his athletic, Profile i'm concerned about him being an on ball creator in. Score that's not really his role to. ME i think he's gonna be a really good closeout attack or an off ball. SCORE i think that's more his, role, cutting, relocating dribble hand off stuff like. That BUT i think you kind of get the best of both worlds WITH. VJ i think that he can give you a little bit of a winning impact now with the little things that he, does but he does have all star upside long term For.
Speaker 4: Philadelphia, yeah you know after, WHAT i, Agree, NO i was gonna, SAY i. Agree but the question for their FUTURE i think is, what, like how does these these three small guards all fit. TOGETHER vj is the biggest and the he's a super, athlete he's long, arms BUT maxi is small and McCain is, small which is why you're probably not saying those two are our back court of the, future just those, two but considering how good McCain was before he got, hurt he was unbelievable before he got, hurt and so it is a little bit of, like how do these three players fit in two? Spots kind of BECAUSE i don't THINK. Vj we'll, see BUT i don't Think vj's athleticism is enough to make up for him only being six or four in terms of playing the three alongside those. Guys but, OVERALL i do think he's PROBABLY i. DO i agree that he was the third best player in the, draft SO i think you gotta just go best, player AND i do think he's a very.
Speaker 1: Real quick would you would you slot McCain in at the sixth man? SPOT i feel like that's kind of the LOGICAL i WOULD i.
Speaker 4: Do it does feel like it's he's the sixth man, there like from a long term, perspective and it feels like his game is kind of six, many but it's it's a little that will be the big question for their for their second of the. Timeline not the.
Speaker 2: Two small guards that are looking to score the basketball can't really share the floor in a, serious big picture, context and maybe that's a big picture of the decision they have to make with respect To TYRESE. MAXI i THINK vj is a Player i'm particularly excited about after having watched this last, postseason and we just see how important it is to have a guard who can guard his. Position but also guard up a little. Bit it can cover ground in, rotation crack, down, rebound fly up and down the, floor and. TRANSITION i actually do Think vj's got some high level close out attacking moves that he will be able to. Access over the, Years we've seen flashes of, it you, know a euro step, there turn, around fade away. HERE i after we just Watched Aaron nesmith fell a very valuable role for An Indiana pacers team that made it deep into the, postseason you, know one win away from the championship and be like downright super impactful at. Stretches, Now aaron's, bigger BUT i think that edgecomb kind of just fits that mold of to do everything wing in THE nba at the two guard. Spot he just has to fit into the two guard. Spot what's your, Take?
Speaker 3: CARSON i, AGREE i think that short, term long, term this is the right. Pick this is just the best talent on the board and kind of something of a life raft For. PHILLY i still think that they're in a tough, spot but this was the safest. Pick this is the guy, who, yeah can do things to contribute now in that all around wing archetype that you're talking About. JASON i, mean he's like a uniquely good offensive rebounding, guard great springing, this and really good feel like you see the connective. Passing that's exciting for a guy who's gonna be playing for a team, that, ostensibly if they're, healthy is trying to, win and he's gonna be in a scale down. Role BUT i think that suits him because of the clothes out, attacking because of the shooting off the, catch and then, defensively he's good defending at the point of. Attack he's really good forcing. Steals he's pretty darn good as a rim protecting guy for his, size so he's gonna make plays in every phase of the, game gonna get to the rim a hell of a, Lot and, yeah there are things that he needs to, refine got to be more efficient as a. Finisher he shot forty four percent on, layups so that's obviously not gonna cut. It and THEN i do think that you want to see the, handle you want to see the pull up shooting improve for sure in terms of his long term, upside but that's not really gonna be his role in the short. Term he's going to be trying to do those winning things AND i think that he can do. That BUT i do really like. HIM i think he is a real quality starter with fringe star kind outside and just a really good all around wing prospect for a team that desperately needs.
Speaker 2: That if you're in a position Like philly's in where you're kind of old and banged up in your star, corps you want to be anchored by younger players that can play smaller roles and, athletes and THAT'S vj just crosses all of those. Boxes and then you add the legitimate upside that he. Has and, again LIKE i Don't i'm with, you, GUYS i don't think he's going to be some you, know super high volume on ball. GUARD i think that's unlikely at this, point but there is some upside there with his. Athleticism you Can i've said this About Jalen, Green i've said this About Jonathan. Kminga it's really hard for me for me not to bet on like LEGITIMATE a plus. Athletes and that's not to say that guys Of green Or commed like GUYS A green or comingo would be much better off in THE nba if they were to embrace more of A. Vj edgecombe role player type of, archetype but there is legitimate upside in a player that can get to his. Spots the number four pick is in, me The Charlotte hornets Taking Kank nipple from do big, shooter off ball scoring, weapon underrated defensive player on a team that has a lot of guys that like to have the ball in their, hands it seems like it makes a lot of. Sense, jackson what's your take on con going To? CHARLOTTE i think he.
Speaker 4: Is he has a lot OF nba ready. Skills is he ready for THE? NBA i don't. Know he has a lot OF nba ready, skills and in that, SENSE i ALMOST i thought he would have been actually a good fit With philly as, well and The hornets feel like they're a long ways away from being a relevant basketball. Team BUT i do think he's very. Solid watching, him and you, know his sort of archetype of white shooter type. Player they're not as commonly six, seven so the fact that he's six to SEVEN i think goes a long. WAY i like his Patience, offensively he does a lot of that playingoff two feet pump. Faking it's Not Jalen brunson really, ish but it has some sort of. Similar once he gets his feet in the, pain he's going to be very patient.
Speaker 2: Make the right.
Speaker 4: PLAY i think he has a lot OF i think he's going to be a really, impactful winning basketball, PLAYER i, think AND i think he's sort of you, know with his basketball. Family it feels like he's a little bit more of an adult than some of the other guys on The hornets roster and guys of their you, know GUYS i like to, Draft so from that, SENSE i think it's a good fit for.
Speaker 3: Them it's a little.
Speaker 1: Hot this feels like a, yeah this feels like a really safe pick For. Charlotte carson AND i did our mock draft not that long, ago and we mocked his duke Teammate maluwach to The, hornets WHICH i thought made more. SENSE i guess The hornets are holding on to This mark William stock and they think he's going to be their big man of the, future is WHAT i glean from. This like, yeah, yeah Like Carmelo Anthony Atlanta hawks. LEGEND i Think kannupple's really. SOLID i think he is an uber talented off ball. Score the way this guy finds, space he is constantly moving and relocating great when the defender turns his back to him and cutting off of that coming off, screens some of the ghost screen. Stuff he does pick and, popping and he's a really good spot up, player an elite catching. SHOOTER i think he's got tremendous coordination and footwar and he's got a quick. Trigger he shot forty one percent in the mid, range just under forty one percent from. Deep he shot ninety one percent from the line and had a true shooting percentage of sixty four. Percent, like the guy's got elite, touch AND i think he's got a little bit more on ball juice than some people give him credit.
Speaker 2: For.
Speaker 1: Now he's not like special, there BUT i THINK i think he's got a little bit of juice. There he's slow and, Methodical i'll say. That you, know he's not got a lot of, pop but he's. Crafty he's got some change in. Pace in, college it was using quickness against bigs and then strength against smaller. Defenders and you, know he's got pump, fakes. RIPBRUS i think he's got a little bit of feel out of pick and, roll SO i think there's some upside. There and then the fit. Here, yeah another good shooter off ball For LaMelo. BALL i just my thing with this pick, again it's very. SAFE i Think kannupple is gonna be a, good SOLID nba. PLAYER i come back to two questions with The, hornets who the hell is going to play defense for? Them and why they keep passing up rock solid defensive prospects Like clinging last year AND i really Liked malu watch this. Year for, them it's just getting a defensive. Anchor SO i like the, pick BUT i don't love it. Certainly, YEAH i think.
Speaker 3: That's safe is a good word for. IT i think that con is an extremely high floor offensive, Player like he's a top two shooter in the, class and he knows how to weaponize that you guys have mentioned if it's screening for other, guards if it's, relocating and he really knows how to leverage that shooting threat, Too like this is a guy who playing off the, catch playing coming around to, screen is capable of knocking down those two point jumpers getting into the lane playing off two feet like you Mentioned, Jackson and, yeah he does have pretty solid passing. Feel there's a lot that you know is going to translate. Offensively is the ceiling high enough, though when you're looking at now a defensive back court Of LaMelo ball and Con kannepel, LIKE i don't like that long term. Now the one thing that they have is solid size as a, backcourt but still Like kannepple six' five with an, even wingspan basically. SLOW fet i do think he's A high iq. EFFORT defender i just think that there are some core physical limitations there where you see him struggling to, navigate screens where you see him susceptible to, blow bys And then LaMelo is very. Problematic defensively so the couple guys who you could have argued if they were going to take a perimeter player are probably higher risk in Like A trey johnson Or An, ace bailey because those are guys where you might question the. Shot Selection With, TREY johnson i think that you definitely have the same issues about a, defensive backcourt if not more so trying to put Him. ALONGSIDE LaMelo i do think the offensive ceiling is higher. For him i'm really Conflicted On. Ace bailey i'm not a big fan, of his and so for, THAT reason i can't be overly Critical like logan, WAS saying i would have taken, malawatch Here but i'm a lot Higher On malo watch. Than most it's not super common that you're seeing him mocked number four. RIGHT now i think he could have been a really nice anchor big for them defensively when they already kind of have their franchise guard In franchise Wing and LaMelo And. Brandon miller if those guys can stay healthy and refine some stuff that would have BEEN where i. HAD gone i can't hate. This pick it's just a little high. FOR me i don't think the ceiling is. Quite there.
Speaker 2: We've seen, this archetype this kind of like big shooter who's not very mobile succeed IN, the nba but they have to be very good playmakers and they have to be very. Smart Defenders joe ingles is a guy that comes to mind, for me is a guy that has kind of been, like this just big smart wing that's not, overly fast but because he, has size size is half. The battle and this is kind of the Thing With luka Doncic that i've been complaining about over the last couple, Of, years like when you're big and, you could you don't have to be the. Fastest dude in, the world and you can be a useful defensive player as long as you're smart and, you're committed and so those are just going to be the things that they have to watch with. His development it's just his ability to make decisions coming off of. Screening actions if he's a high level playmaker in, those situations he will be a useful offensive player and then obviously the. Positional defense the number five pick Is In. Ace bailey, no slippage no no falling deep back into. The Draft The utah jazz Are Taking ace bailey at. Number five anybody got some snap judgments for. This one.
Speaker 3: IT'S interesting i would have Slightly Preferred trey. JOHNSON here i do Think that i'm more confident in his offensive skill, SET translating i just think he's such an elite shooter and he really knows how to, weaponize it and he's a super effective shooter off. The dribble that, being said Like With, ace bailey you absolutely have to see, the upside and the upside is not what some people. Have advertised it's not The Next, kevin. Durant right he is not that level of shot. Creator whatsoever he's not that level of ball handler he's not that level of. Rim pressure he's very limited as a. Ball handler he plays pretty stiff, and upright and he really doesn't get to, the rim and he doesn't handle the ball, very well and he doesn't play well, through physicality and you can really force him into taking a lot of tough shot after tough shot when he is trying. To initiate not, to mention he's a very bad passer and a very selfish, Player fundamentally so for all, those reasons that's not going to be his role.
Speaker 4: For cars that's like, you're describing you're listing off, the side but.
Speaker 3: The medication could also Be Like Michael porter junior offensively with, plus defense because that's going to be the Mold for ace. To succeed it's going to be embracing a scale down roll where It's, JUST okay i am six s EIGHT and i am one of the most gifted shot makers on. The planet i'm gonna do it coming, around screens, off contest off. The catch i'm going to be an effective cutter because he's a really good above the. Rim athlete he doesn't have that like functional burst to get value off, the bounce but as an above the. Rim athlete he, is impressive and that's, where defensively seven, foot wingspan very good. Positional rebounder the stock rates. Are impressive if he buys into that knockdown threes and play my role, defensively role this can be a really. Impactful player my concern with as is all the indications are he thinks that he is The Next. Kevin durant he goes out and, he says maybe that's a bad shot. For you you don't practice. THAT shot i practice. That shot he's turning down workouts. With teams that to me is very concerning when like the whole appeal with, the guys the talent's there if he sees the vision and plays the, right role and he doesn't seem to be seeing the vision or playing the. Right ROLE so i would Have Preferred trey. Johnson Here if i'm Utah.
Speaker 2: To, carson's point like when their agents are actually out and about like telling everybody he wants to be, the scorer and he's openly. Admitting it it's just that there was some risk for, him sliding and he didn't slide at the end of, the Day and i'm, With, you like the big thing for Me is i've just seen this archetype a lot over, the years which is like the big, lanky athlete like in terms of measurables like height, and wingspan but that just brings almost no physicality to. The position. It's brutal like that's the thing like you With A Michael. Porter junior it's a, Perfect example like he has to come clean off of a screen because he's not the kind of guy that's going to bump a defender off to get separation or fight for his spot in terms of physical. Positional strength that was using this Example With sam vassini the. Other day but like he when he spins into his, like turnarounds like a physical big will bump with that right shoulder and just shoot a. Turnaround, jumper No like ace is turning into this wild, step back, one legged crazy shot because he's not attacking with physicality in. Those moves And so i'm more worried about the physical tools just not being as valuable as they look. On paper.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put On My bill simmons fake conspiracy hat just for. ONE moment i. Am one i'm Wondering If adam silverer Was Like Charlotte. Washington brooklyn you guys can't. Draft it we cannot let this behavior. Be successful you gotta let this tank, the. DRAFTS workouts i want to go to these, three teams only you guys cannot, take him so someone else must. Take him and they exiled Him To Salt. LAKE city i think it's hilarious that he's going To, SUN mister i want to be, a superstar sign me Up For. Superstar class and, they said Go To saltake Welcome.
Speaker 2: To, utah yeah and then is There A lori markin in trade lined up or? Something like that's the other, thing too because it kind of felt like he was trying to shoehorn his kind of situation to a place where he can have the basketball in his hands and he's gonna be fighting for It With deontay George And colin Sexton And lorii markinen and all. THESE guys i JUST don't i don't really see the. Natural fit but at the, same time maybe it's a bet on the culture, and, like hey we bring him in here and we'll, Convince, him hey you're not getting, the ball so you better work on these. Other things so maybe that's. The move i'm not. Entirely sure any, THOUGHTS logan i.
Speaker 1: Mean you said to. TWO words i saw your breakdown the, other day. BLACK hole i mean that's what, scares me.
Speaker 2: Is uh, You Know.
Speaker 1: Alex caruso had a really. GOOD quote i couldn't think of a more different player from the Guy Like. Ace Bailey but, caruso says teams are looking for a guy to clean, the bathrooms NOT. A ceo and, to me it's just a fundamental misunderstanding of what teams are. Looking for and so the upside's. All there but my mom, told ME if i got nothing nice, TO say i ain't gonna. Say IT so i AIN'T got i ain't. GOT it i ain't got a ton nice to Say. ABOUT ace i see. The. UPSIDE uh i THINK he i think he needs to get his head screwed. On straight the beauty of going to a Place, like, utah THOUGH is i like, THEIR system i like, their coach and there's AT least i feel like a little more structure With a utah than if he would go to one of these. Other destinations if It's. A brooklyn so the, talent's there it's all Mental With, ace bailey the talent is. All there it's all about if he can his willingness to play a role and his, his cerebralness like his commitment to to playing. SMART basketball i want to, BE clear i don't think this this is a. Disaster PICK like, i understand we're focusing on the.
Speaker 3: NEGATIVES here I Had a's bailey six on, my board so obviously the intangibles are going to be a huge deciding factor for. Him here but the talent is definitely one of the best on. THE board i would Have Preferred, trey johnson But Like ace bailey's talent is Better, than conkineples the ceiling is, significantly Higher and Lord knows utah. NEEDS talent, i mean they really don't have any foundation for their rebuild. Right Now It's walker kessler and we'll See What Like taylor Hendrix And isaiah Callier And, Kyle, philipowski like they don't have any of those real upper, echelon Talents And ace bailey at least could be that.
Speaker 2: For them it's an. Upside play i'm with you. ON That I trey johnson was my favorite PLAYER that i watched in my. Draft prep he has this like kind of unique combination of size for the position but shooting ability mixed with like all the THINGS that i think you need to naturally be a, good score which is like kind of an audacity or, a confidence a creativity in terms of the, you know different dribble combinations and footwork pieces that he's added to. His game and then also just like the ability to kind of adjust angles and be, you know fluid on the ball in order to be that type. Of scorer, AND like i like the shots that he takes more within the context OF an, Nba Offense like i'm fully Okay With trey johnson leading a bench unit and coming off of a ball screen and him having a drop coverage big too far back and him taking a pull. Up three that to me is A good nba shot for a, good shooter in the same way that like seventy percent of the shots that you See a spalley take your when he has the ball in, His hands, you're like this feels like a wasted possession in. Many cases and so like the dirty little secret about, those shots those super super, tough shots is you really only want to take them in the last few seconds of the, shot clock or like in a, switching scheme playoff, tight environment you got a good match up against a smaller player against a switch and you go to a turnaround fad way but closer to the basket where it's. More reliable there's just a lot Of As trey johnson has just been Picked, by, washington like, To me trey represents LIKE real nba offense in the form of an, aggressive score like his ability to hit up pull up threes coming off, of action his ability to hit threes running off of off, ball action both moving to his right and moving to, his left adding some of that. SCORING flair i still Think, with trey my biggest like like hang Up, With TREY and i shouldn't even say. Hang up it's JUST something i think he's got to. Work ON but i believe. He will is he's just a little bit rushed right now by the speed of. The GAME and i think that once he figures out that like change of pace and using physicality and strength to set guys up for screens and then like moving in, these quicker, shorter bursts that that kind of manifest in, THESE shots i think that'll help him be better at. Getting separation we saw In the xavier game that he kind of just got lock and trailed out of, the game and so there's a certain amount of like just like additional veteran savvy that he can add to become. Even better but, to me he just makes sense as a off ball scorer right away IN the nba and then a potential on ball score depending on how some of his specific fundamentals.
Speaker 1: RAN out I think trey's the best scorer in. THE draft, I mean i really like what he put. On tape my only concern on top of which, You, said jason he was sub sixty percent in field goal attempts at, the RIM so i think he needs to become a better. Rim finisher but the guy has, PHENOMENAL touch i mean at all. Three LEVELS and i think some of the percentages are a little bit MISLEADING because i think the difficulty of some of the shots that he's, putting up like he's a sub thirty eight percent shooter in the, mid range but he's got. Great touch all the shots he's taking. Are tough the Only thing i'd add on to what you were saying TOO is i love his back to the basket in his post. Game too tray showed a little bit of. That too he was an eighty six percentile post score. Last SEASON so i just think he's got a really, high FLOOR and i think there's some real upside to tap, in too like you, WERE saying I just i'm more Confident that trey is going to be a reliable PLAYER Than A so i just think the floor is. Higher there then he's gonna. Step in he's gonna get. YOU buckets i think he's the best score in. THE draft i also mocked Him, to UTAH but i really like this Pick. For washington, THEY'RE uh i don't know what to make Of the, middleton, McCollum like, I think i'm glad they have some veterans.
Speaker 2: In, there yeah it's.
Speaker 1: It's interesting it's. Very interesting i'm glad they've got some veterans in. The room, BUT uh i really do like this Pick. FOR washington I like trey.
Speaker 3: A LOT jack i like.
Speaker 4: It too this IS almost i feel like this is the first time in A while i've, Been, Like okay washington seems to be doing some of the. RIGHT things i think getting Off The jordan poole thing. WAS smart i think not To see jim m not they're gonna make the playoffs. Or ANYTHING but i do feel like You got sarr now You Got, trey johnson why not see if what that looks like with some veterans who can try to cause a LOT of nba players talk about the lack of vets across, the league and now maybe they got. Too many they got three of them all of. A SUDDEN but i do feel like, the situation all of a sudden feels a little more thought, out THERE and i feel like it's a, better play a better environment for some of these younger raw Players like Sar.
Speaker 3: And, johnson yeah and he's an extremely, Gifted scorer like he is definitely the most intriguing offensive Talent in washington now. By far but they do have some other pieces, you, like Right obviously sarre with his two, way potential Cool of bali with his two, Way potential but they need somebody who can kind of bring team. Open, offensively, WELL yeah I, like bubb but like we're talking about a different level of a talent Here With. TREY johnson i think that you, Said, IT jason, i mean just an elite off a, ball score best shooter in the class in, My opinion not often you see a guy knock down forty percent of his seven and a half three point attempts, per game and everything indicates that this is a legitimate. Elite shooter the free, throw shooting but it's the ability to do it off, the catch, off screens, in transition, off movement off, the dribble with the step back like lethal lethal jump shooter knows how to. Weaponize it and if you're comparing him to an ace, like this this is a, guy, who yes has a very score. First mentality he is a scorer, for sure but he can make the, basic reads the, pocket passes he can find the roll or he can actually occasionally make some skip passes for you and some. Laydown passes so like he's much more effective weaponizing his scoring threat even though he is still a. Basic playmaker he's still definitely jacked up some tough shots AND definitely i agree With you logan about the. Rim, Finishing also i'm not optimistic about. His, defense like he has decent enough tools at sixty six with a six to, ten wingspan but a lot of bad defensive effort and lapses in focus and really brought you no defensive playmaking at the. College LEVEL so i think he is going to be a, negative defender but not like a terribly. NEGATIVE defender i just think like kind of below average, for sure but you can see him having that great offensive impact that justifies him being picked HERE because i think that the ceiling is absolutely there and even the floor offensively just with that shooting is pretty high.
Speaker 2: With the play making piece like this is another difference to me between Him And, ace bailey where it's Like, with ace you're, basically like, HEY dude i know you're posting on the, left block but can you please like look at the floor and see what's happening around you and try to find a. Read there Whereas Because trey johnson TAKES real nba shots that you SEE real nba scores regularly take like the kinds of shots that you'd be comfortable with them taking at any point really in the. Shot clock because he takes a lot of, those shots you can really lay out basic reads, for, him, like, hey dude look at the tape when you come off the screen and they're at the level that literally means the pocket is open every. Single time, you know like you can you can teach him like these kind of, basic reads and, you know especially with him being surrounded by as many vets as he's been surrounded by like you DON'T. Think cj mccollin can, be, like, hey dude you will make your life easier if you start making. This pass you start making, this pass they won't even show at the. Level anymore they'll see if they'll give you'll get more, open looks you'll get more of. These opportunities and so, To, me Trey Like trey johnson just follows much more of like a p prooven mold for what works IN. The NBA and i mean we literally just saw a Player And buddy healed get finally moved into a competent five out system where he was playing with some real talent and being guarded by the second best defender in every situation and immediately be useful and like the volume is, The key like it's not when everyone knows you're a great shooter and you're still getting seven to seven and, a half three is off. A game those are the tricks of. The trade good shooters know how to, get open and he knows how to get open. In ACTION and i just think there's a lot of like really translatable stuff with him, Right away and as far as the defensive end of the, floor goes like we saw buddy within a system become a useful defender because it's. Culturally demanded and that doesn't Mean that trey's gonna Go to washington and suddenly learn how to be a. Great defender but they are slowly sort of building out some defensive culture with some. Defensive talent, and Again and i'm a big believer that anyone's people under the right. Surrounding circumstances as the number seven pick is in And The New orleans pelicans Are Taking, jeremiah fears anybody got, a take.
Speaker 3: IT'S exciting, i mean definitely very high upside kind of boom or bust because there's a Lot That jeremiah fears does need to refine and. Figure out but he is definitely one of the most dynamic offensive talents in, this DRAFT and i like him going. Top ten there are a lot of PEOPLE who i think were kind of out on him to the point where they didn't see him as a. LOTTERY talent i had him eight on my. Big board so the sales pitch here, is basically this is a guard who is going to live in, the paint who has, the quickness who has, the physicality who has the change in pace as a driver who has the footwork navigating, the paint fantastic, ball handler nasty, hesitation move, really shifty and then once he gets into, that paint nice float. Or touch he's also got a nice little mid range pull up game and gets to the line a ton over six free throw attempts, per game and with all of that, rim pressure he just draws so much defensive attention that he can playmake off of at pretty. High level he can make the laydown passes and the kickouts and the, wrap rounds and he can make those adjustments in mid air to find. His teammates he can make the occasional, skip pass so really was quite, an efficient high volume pick and. Roll creator that's everything that you love about, the offense because when you can just get into the paint like that and make, the reads that's incredibly appealing to build any offense Off of the concerns and the swing factors for him are the three point shot just over twenty eight percent. From deep that's what he was in high school, as well but you see the indicators of like elite free throw shooter eighty. Five percent he's got really good touch in the paint from the. Mid range he shot thirty six percent off the catch, from deep so that's a. Better number, and again he has the, space creation he has all the handling and the footwork to get those. Shots off just has to be more consistent there. The, finishing also he only shot fifty three percent at, the rim so you want to see that. Number improve and he was a high turnover GUY that i probably attribute a fair bit of to just him having a crazy. OFFENSIVE load i also do think though sometimes he did make some. Questionable decisions and then the, DEFENSIVE issues i think that that's just a reality whenever you're trying to build around a small guard six two and a half with a six y five wing span IN, today's, nba like your offensive value has to be so great that it outweighs your defensive issues in an era where everybody is trying to target defensive week points and bring those small guards into the action over and, over again and that's a more significant concern than. Ever before but the guy doesn't turn Nineteen. Until july he's so talented and if he just figures that, shot out he's one of the few guys who does have star potential in. This class And For New orleans man what do you have going? For you everything's, A disaster like you might as well take on the high. Upside talent could the case for like trying to get a THREE and d GUY who i guess could help them, Win now but you're not, Winning NOW so i lean on the side of liking this.
Speaker 1: FOR them i think fears is?
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: OKAY sorry i think he's the biggest boom or bust guy in. The class it's funny because like you're reading out kind of the laundry list of, the concerns like he's a tenth percentile guy protecting the basketball in, this draft he's sixteenth percentile and finishing at. The rim but you do see. The UPSIDE so i think it's a very, high risk high reward play Here For. New orleans but there's legitimate. Star upside he's. SUPER shifty i think he's got the best handle in. The draft great change. In pace it's like taking a, big uppercut. YOU know i think this is a big Swing For. New orleans they're either going to leave themselves susceptible for a nasty counter knockout punch and maybe lose. It all But like, CARSON said, i mean you're not there's no timeline. Right NOW like i like them taking the risk and taking a big, WING here i do like, fears upside but there also is a chance where he maybe just doesn't cut it in the league because of.
Speaker 4: His archetype, FOR me i am a, big fan and the guy he reminds me most of is a guy who's taken a little bit later something there wasn't as much. Risk Involved But tyre's maxie a guy who is, lightning quick and there were a lot of indicators that his jumper was gonna, be okay even though the numbers in college weren't. That good and that's what it reminds me, of too with a mid range pull up the free. Throw, shooting aesthetically it looks like like it should be a, good jumper and he just didn't hit it at a super high rate. In COLLEGE so i would just be comfortable betting that his three point jumper sort of develops in a very, similar way maybe not As. Good max he's has become kind. OF elite i don't know if it becomes, that good but his similar, ultra fast great change, of pace small point guard that there were some shooting questions and he figured.
Speaker 2: Us, out yeah We've seen we've been talking so much over the course of the last couple of months about dribble penetration in, the value especially against teams that, can switch especially when teams can switch with their Big Like chat holmgren And The Olahoma city series is along, the way and, you know WE saw tj McConnell take on a great deal of value because of his ability to get into. THE paint i think it's a big part of what Made The cleveland cavaliers so dynamic this year was the Idea That darius garland was healthy and he could just get into the paint. At will there are pieces that come attached. To That darius garland is an example of a guy who can get into the paint at will and that has all, the playmaking but there have been, issues defensively there have been issues, with health and there have been issues with his ability to actually knock down jump shots when he gets into, the postseason, because inevitably when you get into, the postseason you just encounter. Tougher CIRCUMSTANCES so i think that'll ultimately be the biggest swing factor, is that, you know, the shooting, the playmaking and. The defense but, you know we talked about It With, John moran we talked about it with a lot of some of these other guys around. The league it's a really strong foundation when you have something that other teams can't really, mess with and if you've got old to, make quickness the ability to beat your man off, the dribble that brings a great deal of value IN, the nba as long as you can build the rest of the construct. Around that waiting on pick number eight For The, brooklyn nets what the hell Are The brooklyn?
Speaker 4: NETS doing i can't believe it in, TRADE out i can't believe that the.
Speaker 3: Best player on the Board that's malu watch, to ME but i am really HIGH on i just Think. TRADE claxton i Think that claxton is kind of misaligned with. Your timeline he's on a. MOVABLE contract i guess he didn't have his, best season so it's a little bit on the. Big SIDE but i just don't Think the nets are really in a position to be doing anything other than best player, Available, here like who are they really prioritizing and, saying no we won't draft to replace you if we think that guy's the. Best talent and, To Me mala watches quite clearly the best talent on the board at. THIS point I.
Speaker 4: Like balla watch this video of Inside the nets. War room they. Seem it it's.
Speaker 2: Super stoke on the crazy howick for a, long Night Like.
Speaker 3: MALO watch.
Speaker 4: I Like. Malo watch I'm A Queen derek. QUEEN fan i think he'd be. Fun There but i'm A Big mala.
Speaker 1: Watch guy i'm A Big derek queen. GUY too i do have some concerns about. Him defensively that was what Me and carson. Talked About when queens fit with a lot, of teams we'd like to see him go to a team With like i'd like to see him Go To san antonio because ideally you'd like to put him at the four alongside of five that can one protect the rim and also space. The FLOOR but i Do like queen's game. A lot he just feels like a bit of. A TWEENER but i.
Speaker 4: Don't Know the.
Speaker 1: Nets seem like they got, their guy whoever it.
Speaker 2: May Be byu oh, My gosh.
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh the worst pick of the draft, so far.
Speaker 2: BY far i was, GONNA say i haven't even gotten to an Eval of.
Speaker 4: IGOR yet i Actually, like demon But that's i'm very SKEPTICAL.
Speaker 1: Of, U look demon's, got UPSIDE but i have a lot of red Flags. ABOUT demon i mean, primarily, LIKE defensively i think this guy is a weak point where EVERY game i FELT like i watched him on tape he's getting blown by somebody's big. Bodying him like he's tall and long, AND like i see the playmaking upside in the, ball handling but he's gonna be a primary ball HANDLER that i don't really trust as. A SCORE so i think his value is. Limited today or WHY would i put the ball in the hands of a guy who can't really create advantages for himself and he's gonna be a. Defensive liability i'm not gonna lie, to. YOU guys I liked demon like as a pick in. THE twenties i didn't like him as.
Speaker 3: We're talking about archetypes that you can see succeeding and players who have a path that they can follow and they do things that translate. Into me this is the epitome of the archetype that people fall in love with every, draft cycle and it. Doesn't work the big guard who is a super gifted passer but cannot score the basketball and is going to be attacked. Relentlessly defensively those guys don't succeed as like actual building blocks as a bench, ball, handler sure but there's just way too much. Clunkiness there you can't entrust a guy with being responsible for your offense if you cannot trust him to consistently threaten the defense with, his scoring which he can then leverage. Into playmaking you have to be respected as a scorer first to be a super, impactful PASSER and i just have major questions in red Flags with demon as. A scorer he's a good. Ball handler he does have really, good size but he doesn't get to the rim or the line. Very much he doesn't get super low or explode on. His drives he's not a real one on one. Advantage CREATOR and i think that he can struggle with. Ball pressure he can struggle to play and finish Through contract and the shooting numbers are, Not good like the shot mechanics, look solid but twenty five percent on jumpers off, the dribble under seventy per cent from, the line and in, conference play this is a guy who averaged nine point eight points, per game three point two turnovers on forty seven percent. True shooting While like, LOGAN says i do think he is going to be. Attacked DEFENSIVELY like i love, Beautiful passing demon is the best passer in, THIS class i don't think he can leverage that enough to nearly justify. This Pick like, LOGAN said i would have taken Him twenty THAT'S when i would have been comfortable with the risk. Reward here there's a number of GUYS who i would. Have preferred.
Speaker 2: So we. Did see we did see the draft room get. Very stoked so what's the upside?
Speaker 3: The inside it would make, your say why the upside is there's more there as a jump shooter off, the dribble that's. Basically it or he basically finds an ability to get downhill more effectively and then he can make the most of all. The shooting like if you were to think of a Comp, for demon it would kind of have To Be, josh Giddy And josh giddy if he can make forty percent of his threes and do it with some volume off, the dribble is a very different Player Than, josh giddy who makes twenty eight to thirty percent of his threes at. Low volumes so where does that jump shot? End up is the swing factor, For sure i'm just not optimistic. ABOUT that.
Speaker 2: I think kiddy just Went For alex crusoe. STRAIGHT up.
Speaker 4: I was, GONNA say i feel like the floor ceiling comp is maybe, not floor but he Feels like giddy has an archetype for. His floor but the Upside Is. Tyres halibert if you're making, the case, YOU'RE like, i mean he was. LIKE playing i don't think his jumper is ever going to get to. THAT point i don't think. He has he has sort of like the overall the floor managing abilities. That him but if you're trying to pitch yourself on what does big guard best passer in the class, look like it's sort of it's almost like they just watched, the finals, were like that's how did we get one? Of those and it, FEELS yeah, i mean.
Speaker 3: Don't get is such a. Big question whereas It's like hallie knew he was one of the best shooters in the class and had already proved himself as a really good off ball player and all this Stuff that giddy Hadn't and. Demon hasn't.
Speaker 1: It's really rare for a guy to be this tall and long and to be, this skilled like he's legitimately like six' nine with a six, to eleven wingspan but he's not a. High end. ATHLETE he's slow i really think his ceiling and maybe floor is solely dependent on like his off the dribble shooting and. Three point Shooting, SHOUT out brooklyn. I guess man i mean.
Speaker 2: Time will tell so at number nine We Have, the toronto raptors a team that was the second best DEFENSE in The Nba Post. All star break they always gotta be a little wary of that kind of thing once we get into, the you Know kind of february on, with the numbers but this is a team that has shown. Some, defensive upside obviously they have their big Picture Star. In scottie Barnes who does toronto take yere? At Number, Nine malow watch.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep pitching.
Speaker 2: And then a.
Speaker 4: YAKA pearl trade I think a. Yaka pearl trade you lean into this sort of, like super huge super athletic defensive identity, if you're.
Speaker 2: THEM but don't. I don't know just the catch and finish Thing with malaw watch is what everyone's scared about after what happened. In the tournament is there anybody who's Willing to play devil's advocate There and defend malawatch? FOR what Happened.
Speaker 4: I like MALAWATCH i think i THINK he's got i think he's got surprisingly, good TOUCH actually and i think that the free throw numbers. ARE like shot i was kind of shocked at how good of a free throw. SHOOTER he is i think that is some just he he needs a. Little more time he is kind of a raw prospect on the offensive end, of the floor but exactly he is one of those which feels very RAPTORS and so i DO think that i do think that he is going to develop considerably more on the Offensive en than I'm not something. I'm worried about not that he's, going to, be you know ever going to be a go, TO offensive player. I DON'T think but i think the catch and finish ability is gonna is not an.
Speaker 1: Issue at all, AND he, SAID i think i mean he's a, real defensive, Anchor immediate impact like put him in the middle and he's gonna make you a. Really Good defense Like i'm also i'm really excited about, Him offensively too like very very, small sample size but he was sixty three percent out of. The mid range he was seventy seven percent. At the rim like some of that is a byproduct of, his SHOT selection but i like that the guy takes shots he's confident, going up with and his defensive floor. Is so high and maybe PEOPLE have like ptsd of the slow, footed BIG men but i really like how he moves his, feet IN space and i think he defends well. And drop, COVERAGE like again i had him number four, on My, Board like carson i'm really surprised that he. HASN'T gone yet i think this guy is one of those big men that's just gonna immediately come in and be. A STUD defensively like i Pointed to, kling in earlier that's not a, one for one but it's kind of THE guy that i. Would point to. It's really similar just, a high floor a medio.
Speaker 3: In impact big seven to one with a seven to, seven wings span already two point fifty at, eighteen years old who can. MOVE like this i mean he was a ninety ninth percentile efficiency finisher Off the role he had a true shooting percentage of ninety one as. A role, man, so like yeah the above the rim stuff finished so many. Lobs this year, but Then also, LIKE jackson said i think one of the most intriguing aspects is the legitimate flashes of touch, that we've seen not even saying he's ever going to be like, a stretch big but just having that little push shot float or, hook shot game being able to knock. Down free throws we know that that's a. Legitimate difference maker and then the defensive versatility and knowing that he's only been playing for four years and he's one of the younger players. In, THIS draft like i Just think the florida ceiling ratio here in an archetype that we know, is really valuable that sort of. Two way big. I'M all in i. Love the talent.
Speaker 2: This is interesting Toronto Just Took colin, murray boyles instead a guy who Kind Of plays, scottie barnes's, position a big, lefty hybrid, forward power player good, around the rim underrated defensive players, From versatility there what do you Guys? Think about colin they.
Speaker 3: Got tocraft in these, Rangey, wings.
Speaker 1: Man like yeah how many of these guys can They they.
Speaker 3: Get it's ridiculous. THIS is high i do like a lot of what You Get From. COLIN murray boyles i think that he's one of the best defensive talents. IN this class i think that you're getting extreme versatility. From, HIM there offensively i think you have more questions about where is he going to fit in because he's going to. Be, a four like he is a very good rebounder. For his size he's a, good rim protector but he's not. A defensive anchor it's more his versatility that's the. Selling point there so you have to find a role for him that is going to be, more perimeter centric and that's where the jump shot is a big. Question and concern he's a seventy percent. Free throw shooter he made nine to, threes all year shot twenty six, Percent FROM deep so i think he's going to be below average as. A jump shooter he has to get into that sort of a average range to. Justify this value and then he does DO things that I like offensive like he's, got good feel he's a pretty, Good rim finisher he's got good instincts. As a cutter he has some mismatch attacking potential as a, post, up player like he definitely. HAS game there i just don't know how much. He'll be utilized but he's, got a nice little skilled. Face up game he's got some good passing feel like he does a lot of. Connective winning stuff this is just high FOR me when i do have questions about his OFFENSIVE role and i don't really see. The ceiling there if they were gonna take a wing and he's not, really a wing he's more, of a forward like he's more. Of a four there WERE guys who i liked more and if they wanted like a, DEFENSIVE minded big i Would Have, taken mala watch and he's kind of like walking the line between those. Two roles almost he's, A nice player but this is too. HIGH for, Me.
Speaker 1: I mean na've Gift wrapped mally Watch.
Speaker 2: To.
Speaker 1: The suns man, oh, my god, right you're.
Speaker 3: Right you're right if they, mess this up an award of some kind.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: WOULD be incredible.
Speaker 2: I think we've we've seen so many kind of guys that come through that fit this mold where it's like they're looking for, that like undersized big slash forward who's a good playmaker and a versatile Defender ever since. Draymond HAD success but I do think colin has, real physical tools WHICH is Something i think draymond was contending with at his. In His Time but i'm i'm a big. Believer in power i'm a big believer in physical power that can. Move, its feet yeah it's when you can move your feet and you. BRING real power i think that there's. Real VALUE there and i think, that you know big guys that can play out, of the role that, can beat switches that can also guard multiple positions and be. A backline defender i think. THERE'S value there i think. There's CERTAINLY upside but i can't get my mind off The idea Of phoenix having malawatch fall right into their lap.
Speaker 4: And watch them. MESS it up i was, about to say we haven't and until the, pick is In wait for phoenix. To, do something.
Speaker 2: Okay who does phoenix Take? INSTEAD of malwatch.
Speaker 4: I don't know it's, gotta, BE him, right I mean he's i beel he's.
Speaker 2: The best player what about what about?
Speaker 4: Best player available and they've been talking About?
Speaker 2: What about Coward What? About carter bryant like a role player wing, that's an athletic physical player To Be alongside dylan brooks and at a physical identity.
Speaker 1: TO the team i, Wouldn't hate that but like just considering the circumstances they were in last YEAR with big nrk at the five and not being able. To play defense it's just foolish to me to not center is where you can have, the most, impact you know as. A DEFENSIVE player and I think maldu watch is. An elite defender the is gonna be really GOOD at the. NBA level immediately i think the funniest pick is if they went With Somebody like derek queen or something, and, is like yeah we're gonna run some offense through him on.
Speaker 4: The Low block so mishbia is kind of a, college basketball, head you Know As a michigan state person SAID that would i really hope he keeps.
Speaker 1: His hands, OFF you know I wouldn't HATE bryant or i like both. OF their games I Definitely. LIKE coward more i just think he's gonna. Be a winner but they've got so many guys on, The wings already like their entire roster Is Like, Book Jayalen, Green Dylan, Brooks ryan Dunn It's. Like brad beale you can only have so many twos and threes. ON your roster i just think it would be really foolish to allocate your. Most valuable asset, this, is again guys they got ONE Pickback. For kd man you gotta make. This, THING worthwhile like i think this is a huge misstep if They.
Speaker 4: Don't.
Speaker 1: Take malu watch.
Speaker 2: Do you Guys think that phoenix is gonna at least have some bit Of hesitation with malatch in some of, his rebounding issues given that they were Such A terrible rebut i.
Speaker 3: Think the rebounding stuff probably has more to do with the amount he was playing out, In SPACE defensively and i think that that's an indicator of like one of, his cool abilities which is that he is this massive human being who can, move his feed who isn't necessarily going to switch a ton but will switch some and can play up. At THE level like i think he's going to be. A good rebounder i also think he's a better shot blocker than some of the raw numbers. Would indicate it even, like per, forty you know his rebounding. Numbers aren't bad he's a really, good offensive rebounder which is part Of the reason i'm encouraged about the defensive rebounding being better. THAN the, numbers i mean two point seven offensive, rebounds a game and. Twenty one minutes that's. Pretty damn good you got to.
Speaker 2: Be a physical lass kicker to get that. Many offensive rebounds i'm with. You on that are we annoyed At All the houston rockets. On the screen.
Speaker 4: It's so dumb. It's so dumb it confused me for a second of prep. Making a, graphic, oh wow okay we got. A sham's report. Wow A Trade the charlotte Hornets Are trading mark Williams To the phoenix suns for the number twenty nine pick and a twenty twenty nine. First, round pick wow you could have.
Speaker 1: Had the better you could have. Had the Better duke big man without.
Speaker 2: Going up on the pick is. Still coming in they Might Take. Both Mark williams mark, WILLIAMS to me i did a deep e val into Him, for the lakers so we could talk about him. IN a minute i have to see what. This pick is this is. GONNA be interesting.
Speaker 4: I do like getting a way out in the future First. From the suns that way like a savvy move from then They got the sons gave the number twenty nine tonight and a twenty twenty nine to twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Nine, first round yeah but is that one of the three first that, they got back it might not, be their pick. That's the thing it might because remember they flipped. That one pick. They had picks they don't even.
Speaker 3: Have that from twenty six to thirty. One, ghost sons okay here.
Speaker 2: Comes adam self.
Speaker 4: Funky deal to happen while you're. On the clock that's got to be like defense for not taking.
Speaker 2: Them all Away it took why are?
Speaker 4: You making much what in the world? Is going on.
Speaker 2: Here's The Thing. With mark williams this is a team that's been bad at center for, a long time so they're probably trying. To stock up but they've Got The entire charlotte hornet center rotation in house now that that they. Can Rely On the mark williams is a very, good role man a very, good offensive rebounder but he is legitimately atrocious on defense and apparently the medical. Was really, NASTY so like i wouldn't want To Rely on mark williams as. A starting center do you think this is mostly an attempt to essentially offer insurance, at the position or taking a young player to play center in a dead serious team that's got a bunch, of win Now Guys, In Devin, Booker Bradley. Beal dylan brooks you've got some young, talent In House, like ryan dunn but it's not exactly a. Bright bright future but you bring in, a young player But You have mark williams as kind of an insurance policy against. THE young players i.
Speaker 3: Just Don't know if i'd be giving up To First, for, mark WILLIAMS because like i agree, With, YOUR evaluation jason i think clearly, THE offensive, talent i mean the athleticism pops. At his size we even saw a little bit of passing feel from, him this year but like major. Major, availability concerns obviously the trade got Rescinded. With the Lakers Lakers, legend mark williams, and then defensively the, Tools are there like we saw it, as a rookie he saw it, as a prospect and then it's just like falling off a cliff and so how much is he going to be able to? Turn that around it's kind of. HARD to say I do like mala watch, more long TERM and so i do think that they kind Of Overpaid for mark williams if they're gonna have. Both these guys, That being said i'm glad That. THEY took malawatch i don't think it's crazy for them to invest kind of big in two different. CENTERS this offseason i Do Think the mark williams thing is a bit, of AN overpay but i mean they needed to retool their, entire center situation and they got the best talent on the board here at their biggest. Position of need now they have their offensively. In client center they have their defensively in CLIENT set who i do think has some. Offensive upside too they have their guy who is year four more ready, to play now and then they have their rookiees eighteen and has played four, years OF basketball so i can kind of. See the vision at the end, Of the day i'm just happy They took mala watch and didn't mess it up. On that front to watch his.
Speaker 1: We, pick you need you need somebody to grab. All The bricks jalen green's gonna be. Laying Up there.
Speaker 4: The sham's clarified the twenty twenty. Nine first rounder it's the least favorable OF.
Speaker 3: So no i was talking about the twenty ninth pick and the twenty something pick in. Twenty twenty nine those are two those aren't not, valuable first rounders let's not there, when you consider you know what.
Speaker 2: It COULD be so i actually have a hilarious story to. Tell, you guys so do you guys Remember When the nick richards trade went? DOWN? Last, year I Uh. Because paul farrington you Guys. All know paul he just. Messaged With me paul farrington used to. Produce this. Show he uh he one day, got a legitimate like twenty five minute Like Reaction to mark williams getting Traded to THE suns because i misread THE report and I did all i did all the prep and recorded like a full length This Is what mark williams would be able To Do alongside Kevin Durant and devin, booker trade Reaction and literally, Paul texts, me he's like Did You? Mean mark williams like are you aware That It's? Actually NICK richards and i? Was like WHAT and then i went and read THE report and i felt like, a total BUMBASS and then i told him to scrap it and pretend. It never happened, so maybe somewhere Maybe Somewhere on, paul farrington's computer we can, find the Uh The original mark Williams to. The sun's reaction it's a little little dated now since the roster is a, Little atty, Different, But yeah, logan logan's right there's gonna be a lot of. Bricks to grab so while We wait for portland to make, their next pick what did you Guys make of boston and Them Pivoting to anthony simons and shedding some salary over the course OF the last i think that.
Speaker 3: THIS was inevitable i think that we all knew that they were going to be trying to get OFF of Those kp. And drew contracts it was clear that a major priority for ownership was going to be getting under the second ape or not having to pay an, egregious tax bill and those are the two contracts that you look at to. MAKE it happen i, think that overall they did it a. Pretty Nice job like i'm NOT. The biggest. DNT simon's guy i think that he is a difficult archetype to really entrust with a significant role or to pay a really. High dollar value and it's the same sort of push pull we've. Been talking about, very skilled offensively but will he be efficient enough impactful as a playmaker to justify that he's a? Terrible defensive player probably, not big picture but, for this. Year why not you. Need more Creation obviously, with tatum out you need a guy who can produce some offense for. You with volume he, can do that and it's a one year trial and then you see where you. GO from there i think Getting off the drew contract is a. Win for them getting back two second rounders. IS a win i thought they really made out nicely. With that deal AND then, the kp one it's more just like kind, of all right they got, off his contract, like you know they get back basically, nothing to Do And it's george nang and. A second rounder he wasn't expiring all, the, AVAILABILITY questions like i get why he wasn't super coveted. AS an asset i like that a Lot for THE hawks and i like It. FOR the nets i think both those teams made out with. More Interesting, packages for boston it's just like. This makes Sense everybody Around white and Tatum And probably jalen brown was. Gonna be expendable and Then they've Got prichard and hawser on their really team friendly deals and we'll See if al, horford sticks around that's gonna be your. Group going forward but you're gonna be transitioning to a pretty dramatically Different era of celtics basketball Around that when. Tatum comes back.
Speaker 2: We haven't really seen a Lead. Guard like anthony simon's a true lead guard that can beat his man off the dribble and kind of provide some real downhill speed with the Ball In this boston celtics System like now kyrie, even you know obviously it was a. MUCH lesser roster I just think i think there's a certain amount of like big lead Guard speed that Anthony brings that i'm just curious to see what. It LOOKS like and i think it's kind of. An interesting flyer like you you could just literally let his contract run out and view it as an opportunity to just shed salary if, You wanted to but in the, in the meantime you get to find out what it looks like. In this system and, Like you know portland has been a dumpster fire for a variety of reasons over the, last Several years but boston kind of is the quintessential place where people learn how to, play modern BASKETBALL and so i think that there's a potential upside there that at least makes it Exciting me and jackson were talking about this, the, other day like at, The very least inferny Being in a celtics jersey kind of makes next season a little More exciting. For celtics fans.
Speaker 4: We did just get The report From shams that i'm sure will be COMING across the tv. In A second the trailblazers are trading the Pick To, the memphis grizzlies and the pick is, Your Guys's Boy Cedric Coward Dylan Brooks replacemented. DYLAN brooks replace i.
Speaker 3: ABSOLUTELY love, IT i mean i think it's a really, Good Value pick like coward is one, of my guys if. Not, my guy honestly Probably him and malawatch are the two guys in The lottery who i'm maybe the highest on compared. To the consensus but this is a guy who wasn't really super high on a lot of people's radars because he only played six games this year before. He got hurt He Was at washington state and before that He Was. At eastern washington but truly one Of the players i'm most confident in translating to being a real quality wing and, a quality starter got awesome measurables. For a wing six six with a seven. To two wingspan that's just phenomenal length and size at the position and does so many of those things that you want from. A, starting wing like, first of all the. Efficiency is incredible this guy's basically seventy percent on twos and forty percent on threes over multiple years. OF college basketball i think he's an elite. Three point shooter he's got a mid range pull up game when he's attacking close outs playing, off the bounce and then he's got good passing feel and. Connective abilities there he's just A very, high iq guy takes what the, defense gives him can score inside the ark and is an elite shooter. From beyond it and he can make the reads as a passer, and then defensively, great screen, navigator super, fluid agile mover and obviously the length. Is super impactful so he's. Almost twenty two the ceiling, isn't the highest but the floor legitimately is. Among the highest And, if you're memphis this is what You want right you want a wing who can contribute right now on both sides of the ball and help you revitalize. YOUR playoff chances i think it's a phenomenal. Pick, FOR them.
Speaker 1: Yeah i love This move. FOR memphis too i think he's got, Legitimate, upside too like maybe not as high as some of the highest guys, in THIS class but i think there's more. To tap into carson was talking about some of the efficiency numbers over three, years of college because we can't just use his last year over seventy percent, at the rim fifty five percent out of, the mid range and thirty nine. Percent from deep that's a. Legitimate sample size and he's just. The total PACKAGE that's What I. Call cedric cowry, he can score, he, can play make, he can rebound. HE can defend i just think he's going to be a really. Immediate IMPACT player And i think memphis. Crushed this pick i'm intrigued to see what, they GAVE up but i really like.
Speaker 4: This for them reporting Is In. From jake fisher he said they traded eleven for number sixteen, in this draft a future first rounder and. Two second rounders so he's exactly what that we.
Speaker 2: Have, To SEE wow and i mean we Already know that portland is on some sort of weird win now Trajectory Going, after drew holliday trying to open up A Spot, for scoot henderson and they're kind of loaded up at this athletic forward that can, defend position already and so it makes. SOME sense, there i mean the Big, thing for memphis, And you know memphis has kind of always had an eye on this. Sort of thing this is why they keep drafting guys that can help. Them right away but guys that are pretty big, for their position, that, can, dribble shoot pass and defend are so am densely VALUABLE. In the nba, And To me cedric coward just fits, that mold perfectly and he fits a position of direct need for next season at the. SMALL forward spot i think it makes.
Speaker 3: Price to move. UP five, Spots i, mean, i'm yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: There's got to be real.
Speaker 3: PROTECTIONS on That I love cedric COWARD so and i, love the fit but that is.
Speaker 2: A lot so they're GOING to, be I mean but i do Like.
Speaker 3: IT for portland i think that's. A, GOOD point, look i. Mean why not they're just drafting the draft capital. At this Point.
Speaker 2: So does jalen wells move to the Two with bay gun at that point, probably becomes yeah so It, goes Mor well does coward start at the? Three right away i'm.
Speaker 3: Ready for?
Speaker 2: IT who else i?
Speaker 3: Like HIM starting and i Really Like. THE wells coward i mean just that, domination, of shooting defense some secondary tertiary ball. Handling and, playmaking for you those are two winning basketball players To Pair ALONGSIDE. John TRIPLE j so i like. The Vision there.
Speaker 2: Does memphis have enough ball handling to be? Good, next year.
Speaker 4: No certainly not but.
Speaker 2: Do you think they end up? Training OFF them but i don't.
Speaker 4: THINK they will, i WOULD too but i. Don't, think so yeah he does feel like A Like a reset news. Change of scenery can.
Speaker 2: This Feels very atlanta, west to me where you've got this lead guard that obviously, has his flaws but anybody could drink the kool aid and talk themselves into thinking he's going to be the guy who. Saves their franchise but he's now in this weird holding pattern where he's surrounded by role player talent and good enough to be fighting in the play in, tournament every year but not good enough to. Get above it that's what it feels.
Speaker 3: Like To me and, ATLANTA is different, i know exactly and being more. Of a, seller you Know at least atlanta now talk to himself into, Big Three TRAY jalen johnson kp And. Of course jackson they Are in the east where the bar. Is totally Different but actually I'm excited for. Atlanta the bar that's.
Speaker 2: An aggressive move that's an Aggressive move from memphis to get up to give up that kind of compensation for a second round pick or for a five spots in. The first, Round Uh Yeah. I'M i'm i'm i am Excited to watch boston next year just with the with with that. Group of guys i'm Excited To see jalen brown in a lead ball handling role for a good. Amount of time one of the Big things with anthony and his efficiency tanking last year was him getting the primary defensive, assignment every night as Opposed to alongside dame where his. Efficiency was higher celtics fans also got to See firsthand as anthony played pretty well against, them LAST year AND i think i think ultimately what it'll come down to is Whether or not anthrony can defend. In THAT system because i think if he could defend in that system and they could get him at a, ROOM respectable number i wouldn't be surprised if they tried to keep. Him, On board okay so, at number twelve We Have. The chicago bulls where do You guys think?
Speaker 1: Chicago's, GOT directions ironically I Really liked Cedric coward for chicago.
Speaker 3: On court right either like A three and d wing or turning, defensive minded big Probably Like a carter bran Or. Maybe, a SORBER.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe i don't. Know how, long you know if. They want to you think they're looking for more of A long. TERM i don't i can never wrap my trying to Rationalize what the bulls what are trying to do. Is like impossible but you think they're looking more long term, or short term because LIKE long term i would hear Like in a singe Or maybe a bearringer with upside but. Like immediate impact i'd probably look be LOOKING at a I do like, sorber to them, and you know give them a little bit of flexibility to Get off. That vooch contract that'd Probably be. Where i'd go we.
Speaker 4: Have another trade we've got, another trade, here but yeah Go. Ahead To jackson the hawks are making weird moves all. Across the port they're trading them to where one pick, after this board they're trading the thirteen Pick to the pelicans for twenty three and an unprotected twenty twenty six first Most Favorable of New. Orleans, and milwaukee yeah.
Speaker 2: Those those, could both picks depending on what.
Speaker 4: HAPPENS quite, them i mean it's a ten, spot move up so you got to need to give, up something decent but unprotected twenty twenty six First Potentially From.
Speaker 3: New, orleans milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yeah and with the with the with the guys that are available, AT this spot i don't see. Anybody that nice.
Speaker 3: They just wanted Add another like rangey three. And d wing they arec already, have A few but i don't know if you can ever. Have TOO many but i just like that as a value, proposition for them they need.
Speaker 4: To.
Speaker 3: Force, it.
Speaker 2: Yeah well and that's the point is we talked about how it kind of like flattens out once you get to this point. In the draft they can find a role player wing. At twenty, three You Know with Zachary Rissochet, and jalen johnson they don't necessarily have a ton of minutes available on the. WING right now i think that. Makes some sense some Little.
Speaker 4: Asperious who new orleans is so excited about trading up for is the real question in FOR THE Bullets o a.
Speaker 3: SENGA we got i can see. THAT for sure i mean we were talking about them wanting to go out there and get a wing or somebody in the front court who's, more defensive MINDED and a sa is A guy who i think there's kind of a split opinion on where a lot of people are optimistic about the ceiling that he, has JUST athletically and i do think he's going to be quite a. Good defensive player he's got really good length and versatility on that side. Of the ball, he'll play physically he's a decent, secondary rint protector and then offensively he can weaponize that athleticism in transition with the cutting he gets to. Line a lot he's got some potential as, a closeout attacker and then he's got like decent feel as. A connective passer the concern for me with HIM is just i definitely see an outcome where he's an offensive liability in half court because the shot is a. Huge question mark he's twenty five. PERCENT from three i don't really like. The mechanics there he has. Some bad Misses.
Speaker 2: Was that mike? Miller? With him though is he working out trying to.
Speaker 3: Fix that number miller. Just, WITH him oh i was not looking.
Speaker 2: When, he Was Celebrating. Said mike miller that's.
Speaker 3: A good indicator damn. Good for you. This IS fine like i Would Have, preferred CARTER bryant but i like this philosophically. For the bulls.
Speaker 2: You guys are. Gonna Love this Derek Queen to new. Orleans at thirteen.
Speaker 4: He was, really, thinking that like how are they gonna what are they Gonna draft? The zion replacement like kind of. This big man that's exactly what's exactly?
Speaker 2: What they did that was.
Speaker 1: Like the least my least favorite Destination. For, for queen actually what?
Speaker 3: The?
Speaker 1: Hell is yeah?
Speaker 3: What's SUPER wed like I do like queen as just a, value talent here but he is, like, that big thick kind of face up driver who's gonna want to get. Downhill a lot and defensively you're trying to find a role for him as. LIKE a tweener i don't think he can be a five for you defensively. And then offensively you got questions, about the jumper big questions. ABOUT the jumper i don't think this is the spot for him to maximize, His skill set like he Can't. Play with zion he can't.
Speaker 1: Play with him do you guys, THINK this, well i mean do you guys think, that this well it kind of looks like they're booting up, for, THE future Right i Mean. Fears, and QUEEN.
Speaker 2: Yeah so i would assume that the new front offense is coming in and, Clean a. House, that's what yeah it.
Speaker 4: Seems, THAT way yeah i would imagine you can't.
Speaker 3: How Are you Playing Zion. AND derek, QUEEN i mean i definitely like. The talent here he's a kind of boom er buss just because he is in a. Very unique mold but you do see that ability to get, to the rim, get to line some of the feel and vision. As, a passer like there's definitely a lot of offensive upside for him if you can put the right infrastructure around him where you can kind of insulate him defensively maybe with a great five, alongside him there, AND then offensively i think the swing factor is his jump shot and what level he can get to there if he. Can be, solid but yeah interesting they picked two very, skilled offensive players both who have. Jump shot questions that's, a little rickety but it is a fun sort of offensive duo to build around if you can get, A defensive CENTER i mean i.
Speaker 4: See, the, vision.
Speaker 2: Yeah definitely what do you guys think makes sense as a zion destination. Around the league so this would have to be a team that could anchor him with a preferably as a center that can shoot and also. Protect the rim so we're already, pretty Limited.
Speaker 1: There San, Antonio, SAN antonio okay i don't Know who's taking.
Speaker 2: And they would have to be a team that really needs, some, rim pressure yeah or a death for a team in. Need of something.
Speaker 3: He's gonna play twenty to. TWENTY five games i don't see a. Robust market there.
Speaker 2: What if you What if like cleveland, did something crazy, like you know and put Him Next. To evan mobley i'm. Just throwing out i'm grasping, at. Straws here.
Speaker 4: GUYS that's wild i feel like it's gonna end Up With THE cleveland when i can see the bones of the, basketball.
Speaker 2: Fit there that would be that.
Speaker 3: Would be amazing that's, a, Big.
Speaker 2: Risk Yeah, cleveland with cleveland they they didn't really have reliable rim Pressure Off. Of donovan mitchell they kind of got exposed as like half of their playoff rotation suddenly not looking good. In the Playoffs. THERE'S the cleveland i could it would be like a, wild Upside play but i'm just. Like, a package Yeah, what about miami but they're having the.
Speaker 3: RING for anybody.
Speaker 1: I Wonder, About nick phoenix but we Get reporting about miami That they wanted zion but they didn't want TO Give up i mayhawks, or like hey, what like.
Speaker 4: Yeah no chance.
Speaker 3: Such, an astronomical talent but even not accounting, for the major, major health stuff he's always been a tricky guy to kind of figure out how. To build around because, What, you said jason like the stretch big who also. Protects the rim there's a handful, of those guys and you like really want one of Those, guys with zion so that in and of. Itself is weird and then like you want him to be like your de facto, point guard offensively so you want to put a bunch of shooting and rangy. Wings around him like it's, a LITTLE clunky and i just don't see people taking. On that risk what do you?
Speaker 1: Guys think about this isn't. The cleanest fit What, about like detroit.
Speaker 2: That's, an interesting one but. It's the shooting. It's. The shooting Big, like with miami at least you could talk, Yourself, into like okay well this is the time to GET off of bam for. The most value because we know we're not, good enough YET we trade bam for. Assets in youth We look at zion and kelll where as basically our Stretch five in zion. Type of construct we bet on our culture and the Ability to keep. Zion IN shape but I feel like zion Would Be, like miami, miami like yeah like you say what you're.
Speaker 4: TRYING to, say i mean everyone's going to make the Same Jokes. About darren, queen and also, FOR the record i will not be, making those jokes but someone will Be Making These New orleans. New.
Speaker 2: Orleans jokes yeah that's that's that's a. Very good point number fourteen is going To Be The san antonio. Spurs take here.
Speaker 4: They got some Good Options for carter briant.
Speaker 2: WOULD be Great I think carter bryant makes a. TON of sense i.
Speaker 3: Think that's got to be the vision is YOU'RE all in i he makes and obviously You, already have fox but you just want to stack as many good two way wings as you. Can Around that Core GUARD and, wemby i think and he's the best guy in that mold. ON the board I Do. LOVE meete clifford. I love him i, just think like even though he does wing stuff and he's, a great reboundary he's got, solid defensive tools like he is, still a guard like he's. A BALL handler and i don't know if they have room for another six six guard who wants to get into the paint a fair bit with the ball in his hands when they already have as We talked About harper And. Fox and castle but if, THEY did that i wouldn't BE mad because i. LOVE the talent I Think that carter bryant's. A, Cleaner, Fit Though.
Speaker 4: Yeah carter bryant FEELS like very nba archetype that they. NEED for sure i do think they're in a unique position where, if you're like let's try to take a while A slightly wild cardi pick because they have kind of so much going on already that that's how you talk yourself into A Guy. Like Neet Clifford but carter bryant feels like the, perf you know. Tried and true there's A Lot of carter BRYANT'S in the.
Speaker 2: NBA right now i like It in during wemby with BIG physical app i like a.
Speaker 3: Lot is a talent among the guys who. HAVEN'T gone yet i don't think there's room For Him. In san, antonio, and yeah yeah his slide's a little interesting because you can see the concerns just, with like, athletically you know is he going to be able, To hang defensively he's going. To get targeted it's kind of seeming like when you're, in that mold and it's kind of the same, thing with fears like you probably just need one team to be really high on you to take. You number seven but if that one, team isn't there you can see other teams being concerned about the red flags and then you do. Kind OF slide and i think that's Maybe happening with yakacona's not that he's, sliding crazy far but it's a little bit. Of A slide Rim I.
Speaker 1: Think carter bryant's definitely to play here.
Speaker 3: Any.
Speaker 1: ANY front court i think they need a three. OR of four i think your guard. Spot's figured out you've got, your Five guy maybe sorber if you wanted like a backup Five, man for wemby but that's not really as big.
Speaker 4: Of a concern. I'm.
Speaker 1: SO not oh I love how sorber is. A big body i love how. Physical he is he is a he's like a throwback. KIND of guy i Just like his he plays nasty and he's gonna he's gonna be like the eighth heaviest dude in the. League day one he's like two hundred and. Sixty three pounds, he's a. BIG nasty. DUDE i liked i want that guy.
Speaker 2: On my team we're obviously going to be calling it quits here in, A few minutes so is there any other guy that you guys have on your boards that you want to shout out before we call? It a? Day any shoutouts any, guys that's, like you know we're not going to be on the stream long enough to, hit THIS guy but i want to get a chance to shout out This guy that. I'm, HIGH on.
Speaker 1: Yes I Love. Walter clayton junior he may very well be. A bad archetype. I don't care I think PEOPLE i said i Would have taken clayton in the top Ten just because i'm so confident in him being a. REALLY good player i know that a lot of people feel like, that's a reach but, really good shooter. Really good feel my two concerns with him are obviously defensively is, a smaller guard and then some of. The rim finishing he was, good this year but his Past years At, florida and iona he was like under fifty five percent as. A rim finisher so don't, get me wrong there are red Flags, there with clayton but he's. An elite elite he's, A SPECIAL shooter like i think, that GETS overused but. I DON'T know When I, watch walter clayton he makes, Me feel, tingly so Yeah. SHOUT out walter i think he's gonna, be GOOD immediately but i think there's definitely.
Speaker 3: Some Upside here Yaka Chonas, and neee clifford but those are my two favorite guys left, on the board with yakazonas one of the. Higher offensive ceilings this is a guy who could potentially be, an elite shooter who is definitely an elite space creator for himself as, a jump shooter but the shot selection. Can be tough the jump shot efficiency really went down later, in the year although he did. Have AN injury but i think there's indicators that he's a. Really good shooter and then he's a really good below, the rim finisher really, good foul drawer gets to the, rim a bunch and one of the best passers. In the class the concerns would, be high turnover gonna, get targeted defensively how good? Is The shit but i'm an. Optimist with him And, THEN he clifford i just think is a great du. At all guard he's twenty three, and a half so you understand that the ceiling, isn't the highest but. He can create he can knock down shots, off the dribble, off the catch, he can drive. He can facilitate he's a. Great rebounding wing so those are my. TWO favorite guys.
Speaker 2: I like those.
Speaker 4: Guys as well it's gonna Be, annoying if okay so he gets either one, of those GUYS because either i Mean Not that yaka jonas feely fits in, their classic archetype but sliding him in a round a bunch of great defensive players and it's like. This connective place maybe awesome and they. NEED ball handling i think he'd be, awesome for okay maybe we should stay on through. The, PICK fifteen yeah i got. LIKE those guys i Also Like the stanford, BIG right now. I don't know his game is so awkward and, funky and weird but he doesn't a lot of things. AND he's ginormous.
Speaker 2: I Love it carter Bryant To The. San antonio spurs it's.
Speaker 3: The RIGHT pick and, i, Think That like carter bryant's a guy who some people got a little high on, for my taste but he ends up, going AT fourteen and i think that that's a really good range and. A value pick like, he wasn't productive he didn't have a big role. As a freshman BUT even though i have definitely reservations about what level of offensive player, he can be there's. Really no creation but, even, beyond that, like you know what level of close out attacker is he? Going to be is he gonna have any sort of intermediate game playing off of attacking clothes outs playing? With an advantage he projects to be a. Pretty good shooter he projects to be, an awesome, defender good, cutter good feel solid connective pass or. Good transition score like just a high floor guy and an archetype. That YOU like and i think he's exactly the kind Of player. That spurs need we were just talking about a big Athletic wings around wemby. IN your guards i think it's.
Speaker 2: The RIGHT pick so i am loving the idea Of Yakachonas. IN oklahoma city i think this makes a. TON of sense I think that indiana with, their ball pressure exposed A Weakness within oklahoma city's roster in just their ability to put the ball on the floor and eight For others Beyond Shae, AND ja dubb i think that this is just a ball handler that can help set up teammates. For quality shots brings a little bit of that. Pull, up shooting obviously the jump shot didn't go in at the highest rate that he'll need to get TO at, the NBA level but i think that makes a lot of sense to anybody else on this board that you guys think Makes. Sense, for okay see and before we, get INTO This like i i've talked about, this CONCEPT before but I Think as oklahoma city looks, to shed salary the way that they'll do it is by not spending on role players. BEYOND rookie contracts i think it'll be a, LOT Of chet J dub and shay and then just cycling. Through rookie contracts, the, occasional like oh we, love this guy so we'll package two or three first to trade up in the draft to get the right. Kind of guy but, in many cases right here in the middle of the first round is where you can find, the fourth year fifth year college guy who played in a really good system and is ready to play in. A winning context so anybody else Here that Makes OKLAHOMA.
Speaker 3: Lot and i think what A lot of thunder fans might Say to, the yakallas pick this is What We have. Nikola topich for and, if, you say okay well we want to take multiple. SHOTS at that i can see that vision because clearly ball handling. IS in need i think a lot of them are, high ON him and I did like. TOPICH a lot i thought he was a really, good value pick so it's always a gamble when you're in trusting a. Rookie with that but the same would Be. Said FOR yakachona so i can see that, argument for sure and the talent. Is Definitely There, WITH nick clifford i just think you got a guy who can do some. Handling for you but it's also just Like such a thunder, kind of player where he's that do it all big guard has the length to be solid, defensively IN rebound and i can just see pressed he falling in love, with those, measurables that versatility the epitome of like pro ready again twenty three. And a half you know what you're. Getting with him that was actually the pick that. We, mocked to okay, see AT fifteen and i would very much like to see.
Speaker 2: Them, take, him okay dude ten rebounds a game as a non center in college and.
Speaker 3: Ninety fifth Percentile, Isolation, creator jason like. He's got game obviously you could talk, about the competition But he's. Not Joe competition colorado state was a good quality tournament team and he was part of that in like they won. A tournament game they were very competitive in the second they Want a tournament like he's got. The creation juice but they're also sort. Of emotion offense there's a lot, of ball movements so he can play off, The BALL too like i. Really.
Speaker 4: LIKE him yeah i also think speaking of trying to draft players that they cannot so they can shed some. Of these salaries if a lot of like they're gonna have To move up, hartenstein very soon, Talk From them so sorber would be a guy who sort of fits, this like rookie big body centered type that maybe isn't it's gonna they don't want to, Be a starter but if you've got to go Up Against the denver nuggets again in two seasons and he's maybe ready for that sort of type of battle in a, season there two it could. He makes sense it's sort of just like a find a role player big in, the DRAFT type because.
Speaker 3: I DO think that's i think. There's three Archetypes that's why i'm not. More ball handling it's, an elite shooter or it's a big Who can replace hartenstein and give us those. Quality backup minutes.
Speaker 2: So you don't think they're ever going to be looking for a traditional foreman, at any point because they still don't really have one on The. Roster beyond chet if he, becomes THAT guy, like i like who's the guy that's gonna feel like if they needed To Throw an aaron gordon esque type of, defender at somebody, just, a, big, physical strong like are they just counting on JDub to?
Speaker 1: Be?
Speaker 2: THAT guy like i think that's part of their rebounding issues that they have, over the years is that they don't have like a six eight to six.
Speaker 4: Ten rangey forward I kind of like. Newell in that, spot because of that he Sort Of feels like, brandon clark to me is sort of this sort of like filling all these stop gaps and be an athlete and get a bunch of rebounds and HOPEFULLY one day.
Speaker 3: GROSS i see that i also think like would have been a. GUY in that mold i. Did, see him mocked okay, see a fair bit but he's OFF the board. NOW i see it i just think this would be a little high for me in. Terms of the value i'm just questioning some of where does he fit, in KIND side ball because i do think he's, More OF a four like i don't think he can anchor. The five for, you and then offensively does he have the perimeter, Skill to justify that like there's, the flashes of touch but he's not going to be enough to. BE a real foundation i have. Some OF those questions but i see what, We're. SAYING for sure jason i mean that was my thought last offseason, is go out there get that like more powerful big forward, to play the four so you keep chat at the, Five because long term chet's going to. Be at the five there's not a ton of those, guys out THERE though and like i would love To See. Them get cam johnson he's not that, kind of power player but he has the size and. Obviously the elite shooting he's not a great positional rebounder, Though for his size, so he's a four but. He's really a wing.
Speaker 2: You're right that it's a. Rare position like, that like this is honestly why a Big part of Why I'm excited About. Kevin durant and houston like it's just so rare to have a four man that can legitimately play offense at a bunch of different, spots on the floor but that can get a defensive rebound and that can make a help side. Rotation at the rim like those are pretty rare qualities AT. The in, the nba and like even at thirty seven years old, Going Into next season kevin durant can get a defensive rebound and he can protect the rim and out, Of that FOUR spot and so i think, there's REAL value THERE and i am i am Curious To see if oklahoma city ends up ever filling that archetype or if, they just, plan on you know a, lot of, It is you know, chet's offensive development too like if he speeds up his release and becomes, a more you know a better ball handler in traffic and some of the things that really exposed his offensive issues. IN this postseason run i think if some of those, things come to fruition then they wouldn't. Need to do that. The pick is in We Will get, Our oklahoma city pick, we'll react to it and then we will. Call it A day any other nba draft takes you, GUYS wanted, to unleash i well we.
Speaker 3: CALL it a day i feel like there hasn't been a ton of. SURPRISES outside of that i really. Did not like that that.
Speaker 2: Was That was the most that was the best celebration we. Saw, That all day.
Speaker 3: Clearly i'm missing that.
Speaker 2: And as the?
Speaker 1: Biggest whoa, FROM us you, know, i do Like uh you like, bearringer a. Little bit big man he's. Only, been, PLAYING bass yeah No i can't say I'm. From the south man we're gonna were gonna give it a little. Dirty touch to it he's he defends, like a wild, man like he's uh he's only been playing basketball for.
Speaker 2: FOUR years fifteen case.
Speaker 4: I think it's solid that's the KIND of team, That, I feel like again I wasn't, a big sober fan but that's the.
Speaker 1: Perfect kind, of situation, good defender good, rebounder like defensive playmaker and he's he. Is big and nasty he, is BIG and nasty and i think it'll. Translate, TO the playoffs also i, Like, you were saying jackson sorry not, To.
Speaker 2: Cut.
Speaker 1: You off carson uh if they do got To move off the hardenstein money to clear. UP some contract space i think he could be a.
Speaker 3: Good, guy filling can pass you can run handoffs and spot cutters and. DO stuff like that i think he can do some. Of that for you he's he's a. Nice two way player like the, ceiling IS pretty low But i don't think okayse really cares about. THAT at this point i think they're trying to find a guy who can play, that role for them and it's one of the. Needs We talked about so. I'm good with, it.
Speaker 2: To your point we had discussed we had discussed the idea of like going with more, of like a wing But This is an oklahoma city team that has an enormous amount of depth, at that position already whereas. At the, center position you Know Obviously, they have jalen williams who played spottingly, sparingly throughout the postseason but like this is a position where like they might actually have some more use use for him, in the short term especially like if you look At a situation where hartenstein is no longer on the books in a couple of, YEARS any other things.
Speaker 3: I wonder How far you, Can oh my god minnesota. Could actually be amazing like just take a swing. On, a ball handler yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, a. Backup ball handler.
Speaker 4: Dude, he should be there frankly to be their starting point guard. In like two seasons.
Speaker 2: And THERE'S like a memphis i would assume Is Still Looking. At scottie pippen jr as. Their backup Ball handler they Do memphis does need oh they Traded. That, pick To portland, okay That's portland's pick and portland just literally got rid of a ball handler The Clean, space for scoot henderson so they'll probably. Go, a different Direction yeah yakatonas to minnesota is a really interesting. And really, interesting, Option all right guys that is all.
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 2: FOR today almost.
Speaker 3: Too i think that we hold the top ten spots for the. Longest shows in history.
Speaker 2: We might have. To look into that WE'D have to check espn stats. At info real, quick but as always we appreciate you guys for supporting us. AND supporting the show i plan on recording a mail bag tomorrow, and draft related stuff so we'll take questions. From these YouTube comments. Will also take questions i'll send it out a. Tweet asking for questions but tomorrow we're. Recording. A mail bag again that's all. We have, for today as always we appreciate you guys supporting us, and supporting the show and we will. See you guys. Tomorrow what's, UP guys as always i appreciate you for LISTENING to. And supporting oops tonight it would actually be really helpful for us if you guys would take a second and leave a. Rating and, A review as always i appreciate, you guys supporting us but if you could take a, Minute to do that. I'd really appreciate it
Speaker 1: The volume