Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Ten people in Paris have been convicted of cyberbullying France's First Lady, Bridget Macrone, by spreading false claims that she's a transgender woman who was born male. The eight men and two women were also found guilty of making malicious comments, including equating the twenty four year age gap between the First Lady and her husband, President Emmanuel Macrone. The pedophilia ruling comm says the Macrones pursue a separate defamation case in the US against right wing influencer Candice Owens, who has also claimed Bridget Macrone was born a man.
Speaker 4: It's interesting to me that it could be illegal anywhere for claiming Bridget Macrone is a dude cyberboling. I just don't understand how stuff like that is illegal. And first of all, show us your genitals solve the whole problem. Oh my lord, you're a real gentleman. Some sort of prime time special for adults only. Oh you have the first Lady of France come out she wears those very short skirts.
Speaker 2: All she's got to do is lift it up.
Speaker 5: The RC Triumph and get on with our lives. Exactly, yeah, exactly or disgusting.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: The Admiral Nelson Tower. I don't know what's actually going on under there.
Speaker 2: Come on the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 5: Obviously all the lord that was a swinging amiss.
Speaker 2: It was a good The concept is perfect. Oh I love the concert. The execution was no good. Does she have the Eiffel Tower under there or not?
Speaker 5: Or the uh what the equivalent of the well, I'm not going there?
Speaker 2: What is so?
Speaker 4: I don't understand countries that don't have our free speech rules for one thing, It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: And I also don't understand the whole just ignoring it.
Speaker 4: Why you need to suit people or claiming your wife's a dude, she's not. Go ahead and say whatever you want, crazy people. Nobody's paying any attention. Do it can go on with my life. It's the striishand effect right For one thing. Yeah, by getting all up in arms, you just draw attention to it.
Speaker 2: Ignorant. Hey, that's stupid. I don't care.
Speaker 5: Wow, Yeah, I know people are just they're wrong. We're talking a couple of minutes ago about how the terrible, terrible policy of minimum wages, especially like aggressive minimum wages, are so universally thought of as a good idea when really they're a bad idea, And the idea we're going to suppress bad speech. Don't worry, not good speech, just bad speech, is the same sort of idea. It's a horrible idea, utterly unworkable. It's stupid if you think about it for two minutes, but nobody thinks about it for two minutes, and so country after country tries it. We talked more at length about this to kick off our two of the show, specifically about what Australia's up to. Urge you to check it out via podcast Armstrong and Kittie on demand. It was one of my finer screeds.
Speaker 2: I believe she.
Speaker 4: Flips up her skirt. She's either got the Arctic Triumph or the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 5: That's a pretty good joke. Actually, yeah, that will do. Yes, Yeah, send off the Greg Gutfelder or somebody. That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Greg Gutfeld, they were having the conversation about Venezuela last night and I don't know how familiar y'all are with Kat Timph the Blonde. I think she's a comedian is how she started and then became really big on Twitter, and she's on the show all the time making commentary about various things. There in the conversation about Venezuela, and she went on a pretty long screed, starting with the idea that it's kind of interesting from a magas standpoint that Trump is super for like two decades a.
Speaker 2: It's none of our business.
Speaker 4: We don't need to get involved in these foreign countries guy, And then you know we're doing this, although he did famously say the big mistake George W. Bush made was we didn't take the oil. What's the point of going into a rock if you're not going to take the oil. And now it looks like, based on everything he said yesterday, we're going into Venezuela and we're going to take the oil or or somehow get involved with the oil.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think Trump has a coherent foreign policy, but to the extent he does, it's that you don't get screw around in our neighborhood, which I think is perfectly reasonable. Yeah, back before I get to what kat Tip said that I wanted to discuss. Jeb Bush yesterday tweeted out, Jeb hilariously mocked by Trump until he had to leave the stage back in twenty sixteen. Our country will be safer with the legitimate president of Venezuela in place. Thank you Maria Carina Micato for your courage. Thank you President Trump and Secretary of Rubio for bringing Maduro to justice. So that's a number of Jeb Bush, nice job Trump tweets in the last week. Well, yeah, that was u. That was a elbow to the the side of the head when you weren't looking, because he was saying, it's you got to have my shadow in and she's not. That's that's We've got the loyalist maduroist vice president in.
Speaker 2: So that was half a shot.
Speaker 5: It depends on whoever he's going to give us the oil play ball play ball.
Speaker 4: But anyway, here's what kat Tim said. Did she just have a baby? I think I think she just said she did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, congratulations, that's Katy, I'm having a baby.
Speaker 4: This I'm not worked up about this story, by the way, So I'm not trying to make a point of any kind. I'm like, not angry incense that we violated the constitution and only Congress declares war. I'm also not super jazz that we did this.
Speaker 5: I'm just kind of watching it. Got to wait and see.
Speaker 4: But on the whole idea of we were at war with Venezuela with the drug boats and no, this is not a war, this is a a Senator Marco Rubio, Secretary of State, has said, now this is a this is an arrest. Was we went in and arrest him. The military were there to back up the law enforcement to arrest the guy. And Kat Timp said, this is pretty interesting. Let me get this straight. We go to a country, we capture their leader, we bomb it, and then we say we run this country. Now, that's not war. But them sending cocaine here that people are willingly buying, that is war. This doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The explanations, the pretexts that are given for various actions are frequently bull crap. They're just what will fly. What we did snatched up with Dora was a handful of different things at once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting. John Meachum, author Polsher Prize winner, wrote a bunch of good ones American Line, good book about Andrew Jackson. Anyway, he's on MSNBC all the time and he's a super super trumpeter. So I was kind of surprised to hear this out of him, But he said, and there I was on the topic of whether this is an legal move or Trump was you know, did something on constitutor already said yeah, I mean, you know, these are gray areas. Presidents do these sorts of things. They get away with it. They usually fly, nothing happens, people bark about it for a while, but we move on, and that's probably true.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I like Kat and I would have enjoyed being part of that conversation with her. What I would say to her is, yeah, I absolutely can see the fact that there there is no drug problem in the United States without demand.
Speaker 2: Nobody's making people take drugs. We have an.
Speaker 5: Insatiable lust for drugs in this country, and it is on us. On the other hand, we had a uh, not only a dictator and a guy who was welcoming China and Iran and Russia. Yeah, I think that's a bigger deal to me into the country. Right across the Gulf from us. The guy would not play ball. He refused in any way to play Paul in the'se right across the street from us. Geopolitically, we don't have to put up with that. We didn't put up with it.
Speaker 2: Great move.
Speaker 5: What happens now difficult to say.
Speaker 2: We'll have to.
Speaker 4: See, Yeah, the whole Sometimes doing the right thing leads to a hard road.
Speaker 2: I think we've all dealt with that in our real lives.
Speaker 5: Just because you do the right thing doesn't mean your life becomes easy. Sometimes doing the right thing makes your life harder, but that doesn't mean it's not the right thing.
Speaker 4: I think it's a much bigger deal that you know, they were getting around our oil embargoes with Russia and all that sort of stuff in Iran and China being there, And that's to me way bigger deal than senin US drugs.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I would agree, I would agree completely. And the fact that they're a national security threat in general the drug thing is totally uncool. But again, uh eh, we've got some complicity in this.
Speaker 4: So can fishermen there in Venezuela get back in their boats and go out there and feel fairly secure that.
Speaker 5: I think they could probably go ahead and run their sport fishing tournament.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I'd get it done like quick the next couple of days.
Speaker 4: By the way, I don't remember if I said this yesterday or not, but I meant to Marco Rubio is flipping good. Oh yeah, but that sort of stuff. He is really good. You cannot corner Marco Rubio. He does that hole how dare you ask me? And I'm usually turned off by that sort of tone. But he's really good at the How could you be so stupid to not understand what I'm saying. He's just really really good at.
Speaker 5: It, right, And I think he stopped short of being a dick about it or absolutely. It's kind of amazing he was never elected president or got denomination because he's really.
Speaker 2: Good at that.
Speaker 5: Well, because Trump came out of nowhere and humiliated him. Right, little Marco, I've never seen anybody so thirsty. Let's see where did I'm looking at yesterday's clips because we had it.
Speaker 4: And he says he won't run in twenty eight if jd Vance runs, and Jade Vance is going to run, so I guess Marco's just never going to be president.
Speaker 2: Although he is quite young. He might be.
Speaker 4: Maybe he thinks after Trump, it'll go the Democrats away most likely, just as the swing of history, and he'll come back four years later.
Speaker 5: Well, remember he got out of government, or he tried, and the Republican Party begged him to run for reelection as senator because they knew he would win, but he was tired of it. But yeah, he's really really good at it. And he's also a really savvy operator. I could see him. I can't read his mind, but I could see him thinking.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 5: Vance is super smart, but he's a loose cannon's the wrong term. But he he's bold enough that he might really miscalculate something. And if I just stand back as the loyal MAGA guy, I'm the clear next choice. We'll see how it goes with JB. Because I don't want to take him on head to For me.
Speaker 4: Vance comes off as two calculatingly transparently calculating, just like obviously changing is this or that at.
Speaker 2: The right time?
Speaker 4: But whatever, he might be the nominating I yeah, and I get dinged for not only bringing up the twenty eight presidential election, but the twenty thirty two presidential election.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Although it became I became a Warner the other day.
Speaker 4: My son will be voting in the twenty eight presidential election, which I find horrifying.
Speaker 2: How is that even possible?
Speaker 5: And the Democrats want to give sixteen year olds the right to vote? Well, actually, progressives around the world want that because they know children fall for their fairy tale policies. It's insidious. Eh, these are the things they get me shown up for work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When Marco was talking to Margaret Brennan and she says, well, if you are trying to, you know, remove the regime, why didn't you pick up all of its laters?
Speaker 2: And he said, what I just told you?
Speaker 5: How incredibly large and complex that operation was.
Speaker 2: You wanted us to do it times five in a single night. How's that gonna work? Mark?
Speaker 5: Yeah, dip ass, You didn't say that last thing, but he should have.
Speaker 4: So why did I need to use Google Translate for the first time in my life? In an episode with the Maids at a hotel the other day? Among other things? Coming up on the Armstrung and Giddy show, arm Strong, Heyetty.
Speaker 1: In America's record smashing flu season getting even worse. New CDC data shows flu cases spiked more than seven percent in a one week period, with severe cases rising. Two forty five states now reporting high or very high flu activity and the number of outpatient doctor visits for flu like illnesses hitting record levels.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, record breaking flu season. Do you get the flu shot? I don't remember. I have a semi frequently. I heard through the grape vine.
Speaker 5: Who knows that this year it didn't match up well with the actual strains that are going around because they have to predict it, try to predict it to make it in advance.
Speaker 2: But I think I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I have once in my life, and I don't feel like it's made any different. I get two years out of three, Probably I do.
Speaker 2: But hey, do you get the flu shot?
Speaker 5: No? I never have, never have.
Speaker 2: Young and strong. Now we're weak and old. Heasing grade.
Speaker 4: We one mild illness could do us, and so we got to be careful. This is kind of semi interesting. So NASCAR racing. I don't follow NASCAR, but they had a commissioner.
Speaker 2: First time.
Speaker 4: They decided they need a sports commissioner like Major League Baseball does and NFL does. They hired a commissioner, this guy, Steve Phelps. Where there's some sort of court case going on that I'm not going to get into because I don't care, involves Michael Jordan. Weirdly, because lots of athletes, movie stars and stuff get into racing, it must be more compelling than I realized, because a lot of rich, powerful people get into it, compelling and glamorous, and a lot of rich people are around it. And yet it's like going in a champion racehorse. I guess you crad and there's no appeal for me. But anyway, during this court case, some of the texts came out from this commissioner in which he calls rich Childress and if you know anything about raising, he's one of the biggest names in the history of racing a stupid redneck. Oh no, it just everybody went nuts in the NASCAR community over him calling one of the most beloved figures in all of the history of NASCAR a stupid redneck. As the commissioner, So he is he like calling Red hour Back a stupid redneck?
Speaker 5: Or who's like a beloved football owner, maybe Jerry Jones who's a bit of a character.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Haly Lambeau, this guy has stepped down as commissioner and went with the as a lifelong fan. It gives me immense pride to have served as NASCAR's first and I will not always remember the blah blah blah blah. I got caught calling NASCAR driver's rednecks. So I guess I've gotta go, is what he could have said. So I have a habit when I travel. This is a transition to a different story. I have a habit when I travel. I've done this my whole life. If I put my dirty clothes in the trash can, the trash can I've always thought is very handy because it's usually got that plastic liner in it.
Speaker 5: Wow, wait a minute, we got a pause right there. I've never heard of that. I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Well it's not a great idea, but I get you.
Speaker 4: I put my dirty socks in my underwear in the trash can with the plastic thing in there, and that's your trash. And there's usually multiple toilet in the dress or drawer, there's usually multiple trash cans, and but one of them are reserved for my dirty socks and undwords stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Katie's giving me what the hell look?
Speaker 4: And so I've always done that, And then when I get up the next morning, it's so easy to just grab the plastic things, spin it. It's sealed, and I put it in my bag, and my dirty clothes are separated by the plastic bag from my other stuff.
Speaker 5: I've been doing this my whole life. The judges are ready to roll.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Creative and Innovative had set back the other day though, as I got back to my room and the maids had already gotten in there before, and I said, oh, oh, did you throw away my clothes that were in the trash can?
Speaker 2: And she looked at me and said, see.
Speaker 5: Uh, she had I do they were in the trash can.
Speaker 4: No, she had no idea what I sing or whatever, And so I thought, what am I gonna do here? And because it hadn't I didn't care about my stuff so much. But I had some of my son's clothes that he really likes, particular clothes, and so I had to download the translator app, which I'd never done before. The Google Translator worked great. I typed it in there anything like that, and so we had a conversation about it.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Anyway, when I get back to the hotel room with all the rest of my family, mom, dad, everybody like that. I get mocked endlessly. One for putting my clothes in the trash can? What did you think you were going to happen?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: More on?
Speaker 4: And two for making some immigrant who doesn't speak English dig through the garbage to find my dirty socks on a holiday.
Speaker 5: This is the ugly face of white supremacy.
Speaker 2: Michael, I see it.
Speaker 4: Oh, they couldn't believe that I had that poor woman digging through the garbage to find my crusty socks on a holiday.
Speaker 5: And when she tried to stop. You didn't like beat her or anything she but she found them and I got them back. Very nice.
Speaker 2: Tip on her. I would have if I had guinea cash. But I, oh no, this is the nightmare. Most is a nightmare. I have nothing to.
Speaker 5: Say Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: I won't reset the entire hotel made story. If you missed it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. But the texture running roughly fifty to fifty. Or whether it's a genius idea to put the dirty clothes in the trash can with the liner, or what did you think was gonna happen you?
Speaker 2: More on?
Speaker 4: You put your clothes in a trash can. So it's kind of run fifty to fifty. It is running one hundred percent that I'm a monster for not having tipped the woman. Now, I intended to tip the woman, but when we got back from our meal, she was gone. Everybody is gone. Nobody could understand what I was even talking about. I didn't know how to, although somebody said I should absolutely let the hotel know what a great job they did the very least.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, well you leave a nice tip on the desk right as you check out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you always housekeeping? Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 4: So we got in an interesting so I'd never heard of this in my life. We got into this conversation with a group of whatever it was twenty people. Somebody came up with the do you tip the maids? And I said, why would I tip the maids? So about half the room was like, never heard of it in my life, and the other half was, you don't tip the weights the maids at the hotel, you monsters. I'd never heard of it in my life. Wow, Wow, you're supposed to tip the maids?
Speaker 5: Oh of course, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, Yeah, Matt, I didn't know this either.
Speaker 2: I mean neither. I'd never even heard of it.
Speaker 4: It wasn't an option for me to not do it because I didn't know it was a thing.
Speaker 5: Well, it's weird these days because it used to be the maids would come in every single day, make the room spick and span, you know, tuck in your sheets and like fold your clothes and whatever. And now it's hit or miss or you tell them don't bother.
Speaker 4: You got to admit the whole tipping thing is nuts because there's all kinds of things where well, yeah, yah, they did that, that's what they get paid to do, and you don't trip them. And there are other things. Oh no, you have to tip them. Why is this one different than that one?
Speaker 5: I don't understand. Yeah, it was interesting in Europe, specifically in England a few months ago that you know, I think it's five percent or ten percent or something like that is like the max and more than that, it's just like weird at a pub or something like that. On the other hand, they don't give a damn whether they serve you very well or not in a lot of places, right, it's interesting. Okay, well, okay, final text on that Jack Armstrong is actually a bad person that should never judge any other person again for not being heard.
Speaker 2: So I agree with that.
Speaker 5: So speaking of translations, as you you had a bit of an issue with that. I was idling about killing time, and I asked Google Gemini just and I've got like four different AI platforms on my phone, my.
Speaker 2: iPad, just just more.
Speaker 5: Or less randomly you go between them and I'm getting a sense of who's doing what well. But anyway, so I thought it was interesting, and I've got a bunch of interesting AI stuff here for you. But I asked it to design me a First Amendment tattoo, not too big, because if I ever get a tattoo, I have no tattoos. It would be a First Amendment tattoo because I'm a First Amendment for lower back. Oh yeah, trampstam one hundred percent. Yeah. But it came back hilariously riddled with typos, as I mentioned. In fact, I got to read it to you again. I'm reading it verbatim. Congress shall make no law law established and religion, or prohibiting free exercise thereof, or abridding the speech or fredetum of the press of the right to peace. Plea to passembol and to petition, the redress, the go over ninset.
Speaker 4: And such is the problem with AI in that it can do some really complicated things that are mind bowingly amazing, but swing and miss on some of the simplest things in the world. A child could come up with the proper verbiage of the First Amendment.
Speaker 5: Well, I actually asked, I said, I asked you for a design for a First Amendment tattoo, and your design was full of typographical errors, even though the text of the First Amendment is readily available in a thousand different sources. What happened? And and and Google Gemini responded, I hear your frustration. You know it's not frustration, honestly, it's it's curiosity. But anyway, thanks for guessing it what emotion I'm feeling. And I sincerely apologize yourself, right, and my mother, I sincerely apologize for the mix up. It's definitely jarring to see one of the most famous texts in history come back with typos.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't need you to empathize either, yourn effing machine. But here's the interesting part. To be completely transparent about how this happens. While my core brain quote unquote knows the text of the First Amendment perfectly. The image generation tool, the part that actually draws the tattoo, handles text differently than a word processor does. Why AI struggles with text and images. Current AI image models don't write letter by letter. Instead, they treat text as visual patterns and shapes. That's the visual versus semantic. The model tries to replicate the look of calligraphy or a specific font because it prioritizes the esthetics. The swirls of the shading layout sometimes loses track of the specific sequence of characters.
Speaker 4: Well, but that is so interesting now is that the sort of thing that can be fixed with a minor change in code? Or is it like the hallucination problem where it may cost billions of dollars and they don't know if it can fix it. But again, an eight year old could look at, you know, a cartoon rendering of the First Amendment and still read it and transpose it if you wanted them to.
Speaker 5: Well, right, right, complexity, The First Amendment is long, now, No Ulysses is long.
Speaker 2: The First Amendment is short.
Speaker 5: Anyway, the more text you put ask an AI to put into a single image, the higher the chance it will create gibberish er all script AI script rather because it runs out of visual space to render every character accurately accurately. How can we fix this? If you're looking for a design, you can actually take to it to two artists. I recommend a two step approach layout design. I can generate a visual mock up for you that focuses on the placement, font style, and imagery blah blah blah, then the text. To always provide your artists with the digital text directly from a verified source to ensure one hundred percent accuracy, or you'll end up with no riggurts. Right anyway? How interesting? Eh?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's so they ended up with the leering center there in Minnesota instead of the learning center.
Speaker 5: All right, because nobody spoke English. They all they spoke was the language of graft and savory.
Speaker 2: A I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: ICE is using facial recognition technolology to.
Speaker 2: Quickly arrest people.
Speaker 5: Widespread uses raised alarms among privacy advocates and some former officials.
Speaker 4: What's happening at the airport When they take our picture now every single time.
Speaker 2: That's facial recognition, right?
Speaker 4: But why did they take at every time just to try to see if it would it go off if hey, this doesn't match previous pictures we've taken.
Speaker 5: No, no, they dispose of it immediately because people object to the data being held onto or they claim they dispose of it immediately. Is this Jack Armstrong? Yes, it is, Okay, get rid of the picture. Oh okay, it's too bad because I was having a really good hair day until recently it aggressed. Arresting an immigrants suspected of being in the country illegally took time, had to go through various forms of ID through different systems. If the results were inconclusive, book the person into custody for further investigation. But now ice have been handed a powerful new tool to speed up arrests, mobile facial recognition technology. Officers can simply point their phones at a subs FEC's face, snap a picture, and turn up the person's identity and often they're immigration.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Now, even if you think that's just fantastic, obviously the way that's going to be used every building, every street.
Speaker 2: Corner, every every everywhere.
Speaker 5: Soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, sometimes two opposing thoughts are true in this case. One, this is a valuable and time saving tool for law enforcement. The it is clearly a step down the road to Chila's China's surveillance state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no stopping it.
Speaker 4: But my kids are going to grow up in a world, you know, two decades from now, where the government knows every single place you are all the time, pretty much twenty four hours a day. Yeah, between your phone, your vehicle, facial recognition, everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it will have the Orwellian a result that I think we can all imagine on our own.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's well read nineteen eighty four. How do you deal with the surveillance state?
Speaker 2: Poorly? As it turns out, not a happy ending.
Speaker 4: Since I mentioned the TSA, I meant to tell this story. I had the most aggressive of TSA agents I've ever had, And I've complained about this many times over the years, and it's been actually a life lesson for me. One particular time, where you're in the line and there's two people that can call you up next to show your ticket or your ID, and there was one pleasant woman and one angry dude, and I got to stand there and watch it for a while and it just, I don't know, for whatever reason, it was very clear in my mind those two are doing the same job. That person is miserable all day long. That person is happy all day long. That person is spreading happiness in the world. That person is making people angry and there and for no reason. It's not like there was anything being accomplished by being the angry person at all.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, at all.
Speaker 4: If anything you're you're you're making it no more difficult. And I just I don't know, is a great lesson for me and all kinds of different things. We're all we have to do this task. We can either be happy while we do it or be angry why we do it. But the task still has to be done, So how about we not be angry about it? And it was just I don't know. It was a moment for me that I've tried to carry forward. But I came across the most aggressive one of these dudes, and I was really close to getting into it with him, not in an angry way. I just wanted to say, dude, why don't you take it down a notch? Why spread all this anger to everyone as we're all just trying to get through this line.
Speaker 2: Nobody else is doing it that way?
Speaker 4: Why we're in a hurry? And I didn't know how you react. I mean he was really aggressive. No, no, no, over here, come on, like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I definitely go gandhi Jesus on him, not dude, no, no, say hey, I'm sorry, I have question for it. Go super gentle. That might be interesting. You could see that conversation.
Speaker 4: You could say you can leave your hat on, or you could say hat stand on.
Speaker 2: The same message.
Speaker 4: But one of them spreads anger, you're angry and the other one doesn't.
Speaker 2: So why do you choose the angry route again?
Speaker 5: Come to him with kindness and generosity and help him understand what he's doing in the effect it's having on him and others. And if he doesn't come around, punch him.
Speaker 2: In the balls.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about actually having the conversation with him. Here's why I didn't. This is the reason I didn't.
Speaker 5: Both my son and I, both of us had pocket knives in our backpacks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Wasn't the right time to criticize TSA as we both tried to get knives onto the plane and Neil, one of us, kid, how did we do this?
Speaker 2: We both had to throw away pocket knives.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, that's not the best time to criticize the TSA when you've tried to get a weapon through Good lord, you scofflaw. I have a couple of more really interesting AI stories. Why don't we take a break in with Kremm in the last segment.
Speaker 4: That's how we will finish strong next just watching Megan Kelly making fun of the Fox News anchors for cheerleading the Maduro capture.
Speaker 5: Interesting, interesting times, interesting splits.
Speaker 2: More on that tomorrow. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would actually be refreshed if people would not just automatically ask what is my tribe saying or what am I supposed to say, and just express their opinions.
Speaker 2: I find that refreshing anyway.
Speaker 5: So we're talking about AI, a couple of different facets of it, as we often do. A couple of articles that came across one talking about how hospitals are both a proven ground for what AI can do and also like the leading edge of finding out what it can't.
Speaker 2: And I became aware.
Speaker 5: I talked to not a cardiologist, a radiologist guy reads X rays and scans and that sort of thing, because I'd read something about AI and scans and asked him, you know, how it's affecting his world and how it will and actually he said the same guy. This guy did the same I'm sorry, slow down, Joe. He said the same things that this guy did in the article in the Wall Street Journal. That it's been incredibly helpful because it can read scans very quickly and he just has to check them or check the result. And various studies have found where is it that that AI is way better at finding the early subtle signs of various sorts of cancers?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: The study estimated AI could help screen patients and reduce breast cancers of a certain kind by thirty percent.
Speaker 2: So good stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh and it's interesting this guy who works for Northwestern Medicine and where Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've ever had this experience, but like when I had a couple of tumors, Yeah, they'd show me that image or whatever and says, you can see here.
Speaker 5: It's like, I can't see anything here. I mean that could be anything. Oh what the hell you're talking about. I've had the same experience, both myself and my kids with broken bones. They say you see that line there, and I say, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't see a lie. I don't see.
Speaker 5: Anything, I see a weird shadowy image of what appears to be bones. Anyway, he says, And I found this really interesting that reading scans faster is a good thing, he says, even though it was the first time I felt like there was a clock on my career, he says. You'd feel guilty getting up to use the restroom. There's hundreds of patients waiting for our read and any one of them could be one that's actively dying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding, WHOA.
Speaker 5: So this guy, God bless him, was so dedicated to getting through as many as he could so people could start getting treated that he you know, he was afraid to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: But but.
Speaker 5: And then they quote a bunch of hospital officials saying how great this is. But let's see this one guy wanted to where it was it It was right in front of me. This this guy wanted to do a procedure that was not generally done for a particular problem. But he thought, wow, this could work. I think it's a really good idea. There is a Mayo Clinic cardiologist Paul Friedman. He turned to chat GPT need to weigh in on the care of patient who needed to defibrillator a few days after having heart surgery, thought it was great, and the chat GPT said yep, it's safe and effective and listed several reports and studies.
Speaker 2: That showed that it was a good idea. It made them all up. Wow, completely fabricated.
Speaker 5: And then the AI bought says, you have cancer, you might as well kill yourself, because that's what AI bought.
Speaker 2: Stick ken with the killing yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jack Clark, GISs time stop. Jack and Joe live, go go, and if they don't, canval be beats tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 5: Micha leans lower technical director Michael to lead us off.
Speaker 6: Jackie had quite the vacation. You were teased by your family about putting clothes in the trash, You got laughed at for wanting to give up desserts, and then a TSA guy yelled at you, You poor guy.
Speaker 5: Rough time over the holidays, Katie Greener, Steve mused.
Speaker 2: Woman.
Speaker 5: As a final thought, Katie, Michael, don't forget about running through Ann Frank's bedroom. That's right, right, Oh my god, that was really uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: That's your fought. Yeah, that's good enough.
Speaker 4: If you didn't catch that story, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. That was highly highly embarrassing. You know, I'm gonna make this my final thought. I was gonna squeeze in this story.
Speaker 5: But it's about this guy who's an activist trying to get the world to stop pursuing artificial general intelligence until we know how to deal with it. And it's perfect example of a guy who can't deal with reality because he never asked answers the question what about China?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What about North Korea? What about Russia?
Speaker 5: And if you and if you say, well, I don't know, but we've just got to stop.
Speaker 2: You're not an adult.
Speaker 5: If you cannot deal with the uncomfortable reality, take a deep breath, accept it, and go on. You're not an adult. It's like the gun control discussion. Yeah, I would like to maybe, but it doesn't square with the Second Amendment.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna?
Speaker 5: Well, I know, but we've just got to do something. I'm sorry, you're not an adult. Armstrong E Getdy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, grow up. So many peoples like to thanks, so a little time a good Armstrong, Yeddy dot com, the hotlinks, my hilariously badly designed tattoo. What else do we have? Oh, drop a note mailbag at armstrong in yiddy dot com.
Speaker 4: I am gonna try to figure out how to find that woman in Tipper. I have been shamed rightfully, so see tomorrow. God bless America. Nobody's gonna fight in the United States militarily over.
Speaker 5: I'm Strong and Getty and the American people are scratching their heads and saying, show's your genitals solve the whole problem. Oh my lord, you're a real gentleman.
Speaker 3: And we found the facts on the ground tell a different story.
Speaker 5: That can't handle her toxic ass no more. It's so unprecedential.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, the American people did not sign up for this kind of adventures
Speaker 2: By by Armstrong and Getty.