Speaker 1: What Up y'all boy came on stage. The Bob Brothers New and Improved. We're talking mostly movies now.
Speaker 2: After summer hours, me and Tony decided it's mostly gonna be a movie podcast.
Speaker 1: We did our sports. We might rank some cereals and things in the life. Same music stuff, music stuff, but we love movies.
Speaker 3: Movies. Me and Tony love movies, and they always coming.
Speaker 1: Out, and they always coming out.
Speaker 3: It'll be falling off man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ain't been passionate about cereal in a long time.
Speaker 3: I'm passionate about movies all the.
Speaker 1: Time, all the time.
Speaker 2: So this is a little bit delayed because we was on summer break. But we talk in the Odyssey Christopher Nolan. Christopher Nolan's dare I say epic epic?
Speaker 3: This was an epic epic.
Speaker 2: This might be his most epic. This three hours, three hours didn't feel like it though.
Speaker 3: It didn't feel like three hours.
Speaker 2: And that's I didn't seen some three hour movies that felt like Avatar.
Speaker 4: I was like Splash a Year Man, Swim Again, Killers of the Flower Moon.
Speaker 3: I didn't even watch that.
Speaker 4: It felt like seventeen hours. It felt like a full word shift week part.
Speaker 3: Time in McDonald's.
Speaker 1: That movie was long. Man.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that it was bad.
Speaker 4: I just felt every mill every more so like, yeah, less America and I could take a long movie.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 1: Marin Scorsese is The Irishman.
Speaker 2: It felt long, but it felt what I didn't like about that movie before we get into The Odyssey. That felt like two movies because Jimmy Hoffa didn't come in for like an hour.
Speaker 4: And once he came in he reinvigorated the thousand percent. That was Alpacino's best performance in a long time.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I was like, I just didn't buy him stumming somebody out at seventy plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean everybody was too old man, Jimmy Hoffer was.
Speaker 4: Alpuccino was older than Jimmy Hoffer was when he died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, yeah, spoilers also, Bob Brothers, if we were viewing something, know this, knowing now, do not watch us if you ain't seen it.
Speaker 3: Yes, we spoiling it.
Speaker 2: This is for people who have seen The Odyssey. Initial thoughts Tony Becker, Oh, initial thoughts, initial thoughts.
Speaker 3: They lived up to the height.
Speaker 2: Were you okay with the black helling of Troy and your walk, the woke left and.
Speaker 1: The trans transactor.
Speaker 3: You got a black fictional.
Speaker 1: Character, Elliott Page. Peter helling of Troy is not historically accurate. How is how is Elliott Page playing Achilles?
Speaker 2: Nobody ever said that? Nobody ever? Was he not playing Achilles? Ain't even in the movie. Shut the hell out, y'all talking about movie you ain't even seen. And the craziest thing is Elliott Page killed for sure?
Speaker 4: I mean killed, yes, Da Page made the most. People made the most of their time.
Speaker 3: In this movie.
Speaker 1: Everybody accepted, Oh Charo Lee's.
Speaker 4: They could replace her with just what she just seen in board the whole rollout to like when you when You, when You. I don't know if he was keeping up with like keeping the press rollouts for sure, to live and happy and investing. Char Lee's looked sad and like bored and just like stay on my island, y'all, But you're not really selling me on the stale the island.
Speaker 2: I was, Yeah, made that song with Wallie that's too king of a song for she.
Speaker 1: Just like Collips, Oh Disney is supposed to be in love.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to not want to leave because he can't leave her.
Speaker 4: She was like, all right, man, he's supposed to be loving it up and then at night he's sitting on the rocks like I'm missing something. Yes, that's that's how it was supposed to be. They didn't paint that picture at all.
Speaker 2: He just seemed disoriented and she just feel like, I don't know, I don't know where the map is.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Put some flowers on that salad. Yeah, it situations take at the Latus flywer Man. But other than her, Yeah, everybody, everybody's live. But go ahead, you said Travis Scott, two people.
Speaker 3: Here's one thing, man, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like cavs being too hard on Travis Scott. Shimp be because he's Travis Scott. If that was an actor, nobody knew that would have just rolled right past, Like okay, everyone, you know what I'm saying, Like, I feel like gave him nothing to do, and I feel like he did nothing well.
Speaker 3: He did nothing well, or did nothing.
Speaker 1: He didn't give him nothing to do. He was just out there talking to the first person in the movie. I think I was just irritated immediately.
Speaker 3: You just didn't like the fact that it was Travis.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 2: I didn't come in with no like I'm gonna dislike Travis. I just felt like I knew I was looking at Travis Scott, you know what I mean, like he he just felt like he wasn't in there with them in the Odyssey times.
Speaker 1: I just felt like I was looking at.
Speaker 2: Travis Scott saying stuff versus like the bar like when Kendrick Lamar or Most Deaf or Queen the Tee or Iced Tea TuPOD various rappers turned actors.
Speaker 1: You'll be like, oh they are They're playing a character, even if the row is little.
Speaker 2: Look, I felt like I was watching Travis Scott just to say the line, and that could have been anybody McGee.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like, who looks like they could have been up that time?
Speaker 4: As y'all say, he would have been great, He'd been a great in that room.
Speaker 3: He would have been perfect. I'd been like, it looks like he really living that time.
Speaker 2: Yes, like I'm saying, Doc, she's a theatrical rapper.
Speaker 3: I would have saw now.
Speaker 2: I think she could have blended in. I think you need a little more theater. The theater part of your rapping ability more than your rapping ability, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't know enough about Travis Scott to really saying anything.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. Bygones be byg like it ain't irritate me. Like I was just like, man, watch out. I felt like all right.
Speaker 3: I was just like, don't don't fuck it all.
Speaker 4: Up, don't looking at him, don't fuck it all up to where it was just like, oh God, just.
Speaker 3: Just just blending. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He wasn't terrible. I'm being harsh.
Speaker 3: Just don't ruin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree with you. You know what I'm saying, all right, Well, keep going initially on the initial.
Speaker 4: Tiph so on the initial so anytime you got Christopher Nolan's name attached, the height goes up automatically, no matter what he does. So now you got the Odyssey, This stuff we all had to read in high school, you know everybody, not everybody, of course, a lot of people know about the Odyssey somewhat.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. It has it has a long film pedigree.
Speaker 4: So it was like, oh, he tackling this, put that Christopher Nolan on it, and then the cast was super stacked. So it's just like, man, this is this is it gonna live up to the cast. The director he coming off of Oppenheimer, he coming off the Best Picture Best Director win.
Speaker 2: Yes, and this time it was hid from announcement like before now.
Speaker 3: We shot on Imax.
Speaker 2: Did you see that thing where they was like I couldn't look directly at you.
Speaker 3: I had to like have a mirror set up.
Speaker 1: Thing like the fact that they turned those.
Speaker 2: Type of performances in speaking to a mirror a lot of time on the one on one scenes.
Speaker 1: That's a level of acting that's really hard.
Speaker 3: I think one thing.
Speaker 2: I was struggled with that and like being on a green screen for me would be hard.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I like I was gonna talk to the tennis ball man.
Speaker 2: I felt like I would struggle with that if I was on set like they was on that ship for real. I feel like I could get into that pure But like you know a lot of Maral movies, just like most Catcher suits, green screen.
Speaker 1: On the Moon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just all green screen tennis ball and you give it. Don't just do this to me looking at the tennis ball full tears and emotion.
Speaker 3: Cry your heart out to the tennis ball. But like I was just like Yo and Imax and they had to do it in three three minute increments.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know they had to reload the film.
Speaker 4: You can only get three minutes, so you can't get out here sucking up the line.
Speaker 1: Oh snap.
Speaker 4: So it's like we we ain't got unlimited, you know, retake, retake, retail three minutes.
Speaker 3: We gotta reload this big ass Cannis.
Speaker 4: I didn't know after real was coming in, like you know, them near theater for sure, because as an actor, theater is more rewarding. So I'm sure they appreciate it having everything down, yeah, for sure, what I mean. And so but then you know, so the hype, the build up, the hate, you know what I'm saying, is he gonna nail it?
Speaker 1: The box office gross it's two hundred.
Speaker 3: And fifty million.
Speaker 2: Speaking everything with Sky box Office, Nerd Time, box Office Nerd, Tony run the numbers two weekends. We was talking yesterday about the drop offs, give the people the box office nerd skinny. So I'm gonna nerd y'all love. This is gonna be the most recurring segment we have, is Tony full tism.
Speaker 1: Full nerd out Office nerd Time.
Speaker 3: Let me nerd out.
Speaker 4: So the obyssey they they anticipated, so usually they do like a tracking thing.
Speaker 3: So based on early ticket sales.
Speaker 4: We know about early sales a boy early on. You know, even for the big movies. They want people to buy early so they can kind of track movies gonna do.
Speaker 1: It's gonna have a lot of walk up.
Speaker 4: So the Odyssey, they was like, all right, it's gonna do about eighty to one hundred million. That's where it was tracking. So as the as the opening uh date gets closer, some films may fall or rise depending on So once Friday comes in, they'd be like, all right, that is tracking at you know, the tracking kept going up throughout the weekend.
Speaker 3: Were looking at.
Speaker 4: The one ten, y'all know, we're looking at it one twenty, y'all. It just kept going up, which means good word of mouth, people are enjoying it, people are invested. So it performed way above initial expectations. So it did like one twenty something domestically opening weekend worldwide, it was already in three dreds and something so the second weekend, so it made one twenty three first weekend domestic, ninety million second weekend domestic domestic. So it went from one twenty three tonight million. That's a twenty seven percent drop on.
Speaker 3: A movie that opened over one hundred million.
Speaker 4: Give us these movies that open that big are not going to have a drop off that low. Like if you if you have open the weekend of seventeen million, you can you can have a slow drop off. But like when you open that big, that many people came yo, were coming back or we just waited. Oh oh, y'all said all this, let me go see it. So a twenty seven percent drop is one of the best second weekend drops.
Speaker 2: So what is like a range of a normal one hundred million? What would you say? Okay, that's regular web percent.
Speaker 3: You looking at fifty plus on the drop off the norm. Let's look at Let's look at Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 1: Let's nerd it out, baby.
Speaker 3: Let's look at his normal. Let's look at the Dark.
Speaker 2: Knight Rises right while he's looking the numbers up. You should always nerd out about something. Guys nerd out about something, sports, comic books, box office movies. Yes, paint swatches.
Speaker 3: I love people nerding out on, nerd out on.
Speaker 1: Your stuff, cosplay, anime, bread be nerds, Yeah, be nerds, y'all.
Speaker 4: Dark Knight Rises, open to one hundred and sixty million, had a sixty one percent, drop the second weekend sixty one percent. You know what I'm saying. So the dark Let's look at The Dark Knight, which I feel held on. They had longer.
Speaker 3: Legs than The Dark Knight rises because it's a better movie. I say, I stand on that. I agree, I stand on that.
Speaker 4: So Dark Knight did one hundred and fifty eight million open the weekend, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: By the way, at that time that was it drive fifty three percent the.
Speaker 4: Second week So is this his best second best second? This best second weekend? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then and then the haters are still like will Well, the IMAX tickets and more extensive.
Speaker 4: They making all the excuses, they're fudging the numbers, they're paying for these numbers.
Speaker 3: They just do not want.
Speaker 1: People are going at three am, still on.
Speaker 2: At seven am, Tony text me he was going. I was like, yo, when you've seen honesty, I want to talk about it. He was like seven am, I said, laughing motion.
Speaker 1: Then he text me the next day at ten fifteen like, yo, that was good.
Speaker 4: I was like, you win win at seven am, And that's the move, yo. I got the movie out the way I had the whole day after that. I could not believe me.
Speaker 1: Times you have to get up to get down to the the.
Speaker 3: Six about six thirty six, I'm just the phase wash you know, wash my.
Speaker 4: Mouth straight had it over the theater man and I tried to be on time because I thought, as I've been reading that that they weren't trailers at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they straight up mad trailers.
Speaker 1: It was mad trailers.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I'm be trying to avoid trailers. Although I did see a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other mommy, the other mama, see, I'm gonna watch it tone for the pot I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 4: That movie, The Creepy all right, So Oppenheimer, which was Chris's last movie.
Speaker 2: It dropped forty three percent. Hey, okay weekend and that movie hell well yeah yea.
Speaker 4: And so so now once you see we can't drop that low, it'll probably be bigger than this third weekend because now Spider Man is coming out.
Speaker 3: That's gonna affect you know, number.
Speaker 1: Which will be covering absolutely absolutely. I'll probably watched it Thursday's episode. Yeah, Thursday's episode. So where's it out right now?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You know, as we record this take the devil out of this. But it's sitting at six hundred and sixty six million.
Speaker 2: Dollars worldwide across a billion.
Speaker 4: Yes, for sure, it's tracking over a billion. They some people have said one point three, one point five, So that's that's big. That's living up to the hype man for sure. People people making all kind of excuses.
Speaker 3: Like it's only doing this because the stars in the B star setting movies bomb all the time.
Speaker 4: Bob Atomically Muana cost two hundred and fifty, it's.
Speaker 1: Bombing a big bomb.
Speaker 3: Supergirl one seventy huge, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're gonna come back to Odyssee.
Speaker 2: I feel like they rushed the live action Mowana they did there there, you just came ma Wana to like three years ago.
Speaker 1: It's too early to go live action. We we just saw.
Speaker 3: I feel like I just literally just came out.
Speaker 1: It just came out and we.
Speaker 3: Animation and I get it. It made it made mad money, it did.
Speaker 1: But it I don't feel like I'm missing out on nothing.
Speaker 4: And Stitch worked because Lelo and Stitch came out early to early two. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So you get the nostalisher. You get it's a long time since we've seen Stitch.
Speaker 1: We just saw.
Speaker 3: Wana just came out. Let's get the live action.
Speaker 2: I feel like y'all just being like stars stars stars McGee, it ain't happening all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on, favorite.
Speaker 4: Scenes, Oh, favorite scenes in the Odyssey, man, uh. For one, I want to highlight the ending, the ending stuck the landing Tony.
Speaker 2: When that nigga Odysseus pulled that bowl down and boom.
Speaker 1: Tony, I wanted to run through a wall.
Speaker 2: It was like, as a musician, I don't know this true music theory.
Speaker 1: People correct me.
Speaker 2: It felt like a resolving chord like dude doo boom. And when they were like setting it up, I was like, oh, he does that for the Hunt. He did it a few times throughout the movie. When he did that last one, I pulled my own sword out of my sh and the way Ed Hathaway turned around like, that's my baby daddy, y'all. I know that boom. Ain't nobody else boom this and twenty here. Ain't nobody boom in twenty man, that's my baby's father, because ain't nobody did it?
Speaker 1: He looked like I said that go.
Speaker 3: She went in there, closed up, shout she was about to go down.
Speaker 1: Close the doors, Marvin the door, closed the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah with the work.
Speaker 1: Oh when I tell you, you know what character I would have been in there?
Speaker 2: You see them people who bent the knee before even finished fight. Hey, man, the way this is going go back, go ahead and yeah this has got it the way things are going. Yeah, back, I go both knees. I ain't even gonna hide.
Speaker 3: Told him.
Speaker 1: They was like, yeah, that's him because they were fighting at first, and they was like, no, that's coming to him. He's kind of killing.
Speaker 3: Everybody out of the time. My shoe the whole fight, Like, man, I can't get my shoe top.
Speaker 1: Sanduels is stripping. Man, you can't get your sandals top? Like what are we doing show with no weapons? Man?
Speaker 2: He was out here no weapon. Nah, bro, it's good we lost. You know you ain't one of the suit. There's no way you're not gonna beat that intenuist.
Speaker 3: I can never get his name correct.
Speaker 2: Robert Pattinson is number one, Corey Hawkins is probably number two.
Speaker 1: They getting the draws. I can't beat him, yeh, I'm just yeah, man, you got it.
Speaker 4: Put on boys and men on Ben that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: You got it, you got it his coming man.
Speaker 4: I like the fact that because I went in semi like coming in fresh, fresh in terms of the mythology, like I didn't go back and dig back into the Odyssey. I wanted to come in fresh, and so a lot of this stuff felt new to me. I was just like, wait, what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: At the end of this?
Speaker 3: And he switched up, switch up some stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the Cyclops first of all, Cyclops just.
Speaker 1: Wanted to make his cheese.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for this Cyclops.
Speaker 2: Bro, he had the cheese. They came in his house, ate his cheese, then poked him in the hot He's like, bro, I'm just and you know he ain't selling, but I'm saying, like, I feel it completely.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't a vicious eat.
Speaker 3: You were just like a matter of fact. It was like, oh, snacks.
Speaker 1: It's like you come home and there's there's a bullet chip.
Speaker 4: He ate two soldiers and with the big can you imagine your Hoomi's getting eaten alive? And then.
Speaker 3: Crazy, what a day? What a day? Man? They just ate two of your boys.
Speaker 4: They was your boys all through our military Steve Roderick, and you can't even cry out because he might see you, just like.
Speaker 1: The cheese ain't worth it. Man, he didn't have no blanket, but I felt like.
Speaker 2: He was like he would have covered smooth all y'all man, Sorry about that for y'all boy, because.
Speaker 3: That's the way the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what n hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like it was somebot I mean a string tease.
Speaker 2: He's oh yeah, yeah, good night, good night.
Speaker 1: Now you poking my one eyes?
Speaker 3: Dark tramped in here man, And so I thought that was a great scene.
Speaker 1: When that cyclops screamed, the sound.
Speaker 3: Entered my body.
Speaker 1: It was so loud. I felt him. He was like a man.
Speaker 4: It was his only I he could walk around with a patch.
Speaker 1: On his eye, I mean still got the patch. Is a headman.
Speaker 3: They did him dirty.
Speaker 1: Man was his own business. That scene my favorite scene. The witch uh.
Speaker 2: All the wish to turn them on seriously, Okay, they didn't notice the armor in the backyard.
Speaker 1: What she said, put your stuff out here, dead man's stuff.
Speaker 3: I've been wait a minute armored.
Speaker 2: They was like, man, I'm hungry. I don't care nothing about none of that.
Speaker 3: Yo, soldiers don't.
Speaker 4: Have questions like I've been like, I'm a question asking person.
Speaker 3: So you get a lot of guests coming through.
Speaker 1: What's all the armor? The shields?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 4: So soldiers always come through here? This is this small talk, this small tone. So how long you've been taking soldiers in? I would have had what they they left without the EU naked.
Speaker 1: That's rare. Is there like a skinny dipping?
Speaker 3: We never leave our equipment behind.
Speaker 1: Never you got loads of it.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the golden rule.
Speaker 1: They was like, man, stew and what was in the stew?
Speaker 3: This stud didn't look good? Like what was that long clear piece? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 2: Like? They was sucking that blong part for long. I was like, is this octopus on the way they was eating it. They was all like possessed.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, this is disgusting me.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: And then when she pulled them faces, I said, man.
Speaker 4: She was like this man, the face is gone, bring your nose down, just.
Speaker 3: Just get the ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was disgusting.
Speaker 2: And then when this is grabbed that bird and I know that your somebody that bursts chill, chill, I'll kill them.
Speaker 3: I'm saying for some.
Speaker 1: Kill them.
Speaker 2: Snapped this kill chill, Chip chip, all right. And then when she was like back into your disguises, when they turned back into men, that little bird was like the little Twitter was in there, that's your problem. She was on Twitter for a little bit. But I love that because she was like, you know, this is who these men are, Like eventually they might not have abused me now, but eventually they was gonna abuse.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I knew she know she wasn't wrong, knew they would have been pigged forever. And I like that.
Speaker 2: My other favorite scene this part I forgot about the mycology was completely the Lagenstinos.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the logisterians.
Speaker 2: Man told, can you imagine me and you in battle and we running and these niggas come out and smack my head off.
Speaker 4: Man, they was smacking smacking his off, slapping people through trees. The trees are getting in on it, like trappy trappy trees was trapping people. And I love the fact there's no explanation, there's no intro, there's no Oh, these are the people that we don't know what the hell's going on. They just killing everything, moving, no time, get on the ship, Fuck your ship. They're not even saying that they're just like man breaking down and you on the ship leaving and you're just seeing the homies.
Speaker 1: He was boxing the ship. The dudes on the broke was like, hey, y'all or this.
Speaker 4: That was like, I don't know, man, man, come come with us.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine a nigga punching your ship and it's breaking.
Speaker 4: It's breaking down, man, no explanation, no conversation.
Speaker 3: That's it. And I love the fact we don't know nothing else about it.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't talk straight hands.
Speaker 4: That kid was like, ah, what's it? Pat Pat mac slap kill murdered Phillip.
Speaker 3: Run, Let's get the hell out of here. That's it. Don't come back.
Speaker 4: That's how the island is in real life island where they've been out there. Yeah, anybody that comes closed, they get killed.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like they killed one of them dudes.
Speaker 3: They killed one. I saw him shoot the arrow and one of them. He did one. Yeah, I don't even know if he died. He might have good pap strong backhands.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Imagine if we still live like that, we're just pulling up on random places. This place lives, all right, Run man, Josh, get the van door, Get the van doing man, I thought we can get gas here.
Speaker 2: So many of their escapades and with them running back to the ship and they had to they had to take out some escapade they did. It was like, man, I have time for all of them. But that scene was so good. I love the shade scene when they was all black and uh, that's when U.
Speaker 1: Yelling paid?
Speaker 3: Who was that hades?
Speaker 1: He was in some Christopher on the movie before, wasn't.
Speaker 4: He Oh the dude that was giving the blind Yeah, oh that's James remark he he's Dexter's dad.
Speaker 1: Oh that's who was.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was welcome to Darry, Yes, welcome, he's forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Man went around for a long time. Sin on little scene when he was like, man, I believe y'ahn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe y'all. He was the cold party. They never told him the plan man watch out was in that old time. THO was in the horse and holds.
Speaker 2: So why can you imagine I needed to If I told you, you wouldn't have been believable.
Speaker 3: They would have goatted out of you for sure.
Speaker 1: So I couldn't tell Man out. I hate you, man, But where.
Speaker 3: Was Senna when they because they had to build.
Speaker 1: A horse that one. That part confusing, and they had to load up in there.
Speaker 4: What was Senaan doing? Hey, what y'all doing getting that horse? You didn't say that, you didn't what what was what was Troy? Troy right tinge? When they brought the horse up, they ain't nobody looking out the window.
Speaker 2: So I was I was going balls deep in this. There was like the whole Zeus's Law thing. They was just like, man, this is a gift.
Speaker 3: I get why they brought it in.
Speaker 1: Nobody was overlooking over it, like looking out the window, like.
Speaker 4: Y'all see, wait, the soldiers are going. You had to build the goddamn horse. You had to load it.
Speaker 1: Up ship parts. Probably they probably broke a ship.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even the woods say, I was flat land saying you can see cast miles away what they're building down there?
Speaker 1: Who get there?
Speaker 2: Maybe they thought they just built it as a gift and then was like all right, y'all, y'all won, and then you.
Speaker 4: Gotta bring it, you gotta deliver. That ship was heavy. It took and that was a that was a city effort.
Speaker 2: That was like forty five thousand people bullying chains.
Speaker 1: It took all day and then they were stabbing it. And then they stabbed on board.
Speaker 3: And they had to wait the blade the hell up I step and he got stabbed, right, he got stad clean.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh fuck, I know, and they got machine guns.
Speaker 1: Now for.
Speaker 3: The whole rule once they shake me up. Fuck all right, y'all.
Speaker 1: That when we were old, I don't know we were kidding.
Speaker 3: Stand you know, they was gonna stand me in.
Speaker 5: Man, damn it, I'd have been talking to they got me, y'all cavs. Josh, they standing there, the chickens up, y'all.
Speaker 1: Just shut the hurd up.
Speaker 4: They heard us already. Man, they get they're about to set us on fire. Oh, we didn't even think about setting y'all on fire.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea. Oh ship, y'all, we gonna roll. Let's roll together, y'all. I'm not the right guy.
Speaker 1: Ros is just yere.
Speaker 4: Let me let me down off from the staff moom first. I don't want to burn it, bay, I'm hot talk.
Speaker 1: I'm not a real man like that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, man.
Speaker 1: I been like, ah, ow shut up, cavin thing. You didn't get staffed yard, I got staffed, y'all. Hey, y'all, this was odys This plan.
Speaker 3: Oh d I was get confused.
Speaker 1: E hy yes yet no, why you know yo? It was him.
Speaker 4: We gotta latch in the chest piece of a horse. Just come on here, y'all, Just open it up, man, that's how we're getting out. I have ruined it on the staff.
Speaker 1: But when they open that gate, first of all, the nigga like a memnon.
Speaker 3: That's that nigga right there.
Speaker 1: He don't talk. He also don't fight.
Speaker 3: He don't do nothing.
Speaker 1: But he got the fit off.
Speaker 3: Once you get the right fit, all you gonna do is wear.
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all.
Speaker 3: That's all you gotta do is with gold trim.
Speaker 1: I got the bones and a ponytail black with gold trim. You can't get this as she in.
Speaker 3: This is Norse strum if you ever seen one after him, and all you lose for sure.
Speaker 1: This man load up, y'all.
Speaker 3: Hein's soft down here man.
Speaker 2: That nigga when they opened the door and he was standing nasty, y'all finna die.
Speaker 3: And people was hating on that look online when they initially dropped them.
Speaker 4: It was hating on the agamem nine look initially when they first dropped that photo image that.
Speaker 1: Was I thought my ticket right there, thought it was fired. I don't even remember Agamemnon. People been fussing the whole And that's why I like about Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 2: Y'all you said all that stuff, racistm sexism, transphobia, walk right, all that six hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 3: Dollars, six hundred and sixty six million dollars.
Speaker 1: I hate watching that. Nigga went took you to the cleaners immediately.
Speaker 3: And then people just hate. They watched them.
Speaker 1: I seen them. They was like, well, most of it was actually good. I've seen some people like, let's just move on, y'all.
Speaker 3: The hell up man, the fudging the numbers man, fudge your numbers.
Speaker 2: Also, when acamem Nam took the clothes off, they had no Orea got stabbed Lupita and younger was.
Speaker 1: Like, you killed my baby.
Speaker 3: She knew the real here. She knew how he rolled without the ghetto.
Speaker 1: He's on soft without the cloth, full hard on with the helmet.
Speaker 3: He flashy said, gee, what he was? That is a she and she looked good as hell.
Speaker 1: Shout. I said, hello, Detroit, thig. I don't care for helling of Detroit.
Speaker 4: She looked good at hell when she set him up I was like, see, now that I started war, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: She looked good as hell.
Speaker 1: They's thousand ships.
Speaker 3: You stab him up, shaky, he was in there.
Speaker 2: He had to close on the death though. He's like, let me get my fit before you get to fit back on. When I'm in Hades, man, I can't lose the or.
Speaker 3: So he got his orders.
Speaker 2: Imagine going if you have that fit her whole life and you go to Hades with the hoop shorts hoodie.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, no, y'all, was this no agon?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, you ain't all right, Let's switch gears. I'm telling we got Josh Okay, we got hell of stuff to cover. Still, Oh, but I want to also have like Robert Pattinson. That's why I was going to ask you, favorite performances was my next question.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought he was moving on to movies. No, no, I want to move on to the rest of this favorite performances. John Leguizamoo.
Speaker 1: John. Also, what a career Range?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you talking about Range.
Speaker 1: He's done everything from super comedy, yes, that Booker movie.
Speaker 3: When fully all in comedy like the past, the past, you know what I'm saying. Two long food.
Speaker 4: And Juliet john Wick. Yes, uh that that movie Empire. Yes, so he gonna give you crime gangster Stace.
Speaker 2: He was perfect, he was great, and I believe he was visioning him. I believe every moology that was roughing him up. They threw the dog on the dune heat he was tossing puffies off the cliff.
Speaker 3: What was that? It was a different time.
Speaker 1: I was the dogs.
Speaker 3: Spartans was tossing kids off the mountaintop.
Speaker 1: But why did he throw the dogs off?
Speaker 3: They weren't good dogs, man. It's like it's like how it's cruel.
Speaker 1: Every dog is a good dog, you hear me? And also just let them go run that niggas like man, man cruel.
Speaker 4: But you know we're looking at it with today's eyes first of all. And dogs will do that to their own litter. They know that's intercommunal. Yeah, yeah, they'd be like, man, these puppies fucked up. That's what That's what the mothers say.
Speaker 3: These bullies.
Speaker 4: No, no, they'll be like, nah, man, y'all don't want these dogs. I saw it with my own eyes. This ship is heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 4: We had a dog named Keina and this was like maybe her fourth or fifth litter that she had, and she was just taking them out one by one, just kind of like laying on them, suffocating them. So we're like no, So we grabbed the remaining puppies and we tried to you saw dog murder. Yeah, we tried to keep him alive. You know, we were bother feeding them. They was dying off.
Speaker 1: She was like, y'all just wasting time.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm telling you those dogs are not good and no, hell no, I was feeding them puppies. Man.
Speaker 2: It was a big one. I was like, this was gonna make it. This is gonna be the one. By the way, speaking of dogs, I want to hear what you say. When Odysseus his dog recognized him and Ben died, I was like.
Speaker 3: I came up and talked to Mont.
Speaker 1: You just switch away from me for seventeen.
Speaker 2: Years when they tore up my house and die immediately when I can come back.
Speaker 1: That dog was like, odisse is.
Speaker 3: I do you're coming back?
Speaker 1: Man? My eyes were wiggily okay.
Speaker 4: John Leguizamo, John Leguizamo, Yeah, Anne Hathaway, Robert Pattinson.
Speaker 2: Somebody get these beggars out of here. I didn't say that every the Blink says that he just just the so get these beggars out of here.
Speaker 3: Hard are he said, beggars so hard?
Speaker 1: Hard a are? They gave him a race based film based on that line. Ago, Robert Pattinson and Cool Dealer. Yes, right.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 2: No, Christopher Nolan gonna run them back. He Matt Damon had three Pattinson was in, was in he was Intendant.
Speaker 3: He's intended. I think Tenant is his first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was intended.
Speaker 3: This is second.
Speaker 4: He always has connective tissue acterwise and three Matt Damon three, he was in Uh he was an Interstellar.
Speaker 3: He's the Interstellar.
Speaker 1: He was in Uh one more Oppenheimer.
Speaker 3: There's always connective tissues.
Speaker 4: So so these casts we've seen for the first time, they probably gonna be back when You're probably gonna have Lupe.
Speaker 2: He probably gonna have John like he giveing Lupeita a starro y'all was bad about this because she did with such a little real estate.
Speaker 1: She delivered a performance. Matt Damon matam he did.
Speaker 3: He did his because that's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: Man. I feel like I ain't seen Matt no disrespect Carrie, Carrie carry a solo movie.
Speaker 1: Solo movie in a minute.
Speaker 2: I didn't think he was since the Martians, since the Martian, and he carried Odysseus's pain real quick. I want to make a quick aside the switch from Odysseus being like all pride, all hubris to a PTSD version of of Odysseus.
Speaker 1: They became the sea people. They're the ruins of the sea people don't respect Jus's law. He was like, yo, we was terrible. When we came out of that horse man, we was, we was wild and man the end man it.
Speaker 2: Was great because usually it's like odsse Is is the smartest, the best, and he's brilliant, and now this is is like, I'm actually really I feel really bad about this man and.
Speaker 4: The fact that you know, it's it's kind of up to us to interpret that. Yeah, Athena was Athena was in they are really a real person and and now she's haunting him as Athena or.
Speaker 3: Or is Athena real and that's what she really looks like.
Speaker 2: I think Athena personally, I think she took the form of that priestess in the outside of her tempo.
Speaker 3: When they cut Athena's head off, she.
Speaker 1: Took the form to haunt him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I think, because like you.
Speaker 2: While you violated, because in the story story, Athena is more helpful to like Temeculus.
Speaker 1: Telemachus.
Speaker 3: They was rolling up a lot like the guys was interfering, tough.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she's the one that gets mentor to like help him, you know, by the way, mentor being the Greek name for like somebody who guides you. I was like, man, that is mentor, Like that's that's like if your name was comedy, right, this dude is no, this is comtist.
Speaker 1: Baker always had. My name is mentor. What do you do?
Speaker 2: So what I do mostly is the mentor. I like help god young men who are looking for the I'm like a guiding figure. I was like, your name is just what you do? Yeah, mostly just just mentors what I kind of do till they killed the staff. But but yeah, I think performance wise, he was layered.
Speaker 4: He was carrying those layers just like because he did have those moments of just like you know, uh, I'm this guy cyclone going against his crew, like you know, but then the internal conflict, the long and then the confidence, the.
Speaker 2: You know, with the fight the gods to the moment when them niggas had a barbecue when he told them not to.
Speaker 4: That was so funny he was looking for That was so funny because because he was already like keeping secrets from them.
Speaker 3: He didn't he didn't tell him about Yo, we're gonna have to come across.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a whirlpool, or we gotta go to the sixth headed monsters.
Speaker 3: I gotta make a decision. I'm gonna pick the six y'all gonna die.
Speaker 1: You couldn't tell you gotta make the choice, as the leader had to make the choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that was funny when when they when he made the decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we did this is we man? Yeah?
Speaker 4: He was mad excited dog because they highlighted his excitement the camera here like yeah, oh this is man.
Speaker 1: Whoast college?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You It was just grabbing up sick and the most excited six.
Speaker 2: Get the most excited six because they because they didn't believe we told him about.
Speaker 1: The cil wo.
Speaker 4: And then and then when they was on the Helios Island or whatever, they're like, yo, man, we can we can chill here.
Speaker 3: We could just eat grains and fruit, which is right. I have survived.
Speaker 1: You would have been right. You would have been in there with the car. I told him nothing, man, come on, he would have had the bowl of fruit. Oh yeah, I'm this avocado.
Speaker 4: Y I'm gonna telling y'all get in on his avocado to Now this is man. I know they say your whole crew got to die, but bring me with you.
Speaker 2: I never ate the cattle so disappointed tone when he came over the end was dead.
Speaker 3: He woke up like, I know, I know these Once he woke up and saw that they wasn't around.
Speaker 1: How you smell?
Speaker 3: I know these niggas is grilling. And he went over there.
Speaker 4: They was down there and they're like, see you got you gotta put the sauce on them. Oh this, we know what we're doing. Man, fucking fucking If we're gonna die, we're gonna die with ribs.
Speaker 3: They were. They were just sitting in the little hole they created. Boy, you've been lying us the whole time.
Speaker 1: Man fucking we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have brisket, nigga, we gonna have briskey.
Speaker 1: I could see myself being like, man, I'm sorry, bro, you live once. Man, we gonna die.
Speaker 3: We can't fingers greasy and I.
Speaker 1: Know supper brisket or I know that was five was because they turned around. They were like, I'm sorry, man, get in on this.
Speaker 3: Man, you're looking at us now because you ain't had nothing.
Speaker 1: Get in on this going to town. We got oxtel over here, we got shorter loin, Sir Lloyd, Chuck Carneals. Whatever you need.
Speaker 3: I can see one of the guys didn't one of us barbecue.
Speaker 1: And this because this ship is Ruth Chris ain't.
Speaker 3: Got nothing on this come down.
Speaker 2: This was like.
Speaker 3: And then they were like, man, the weather change. Let's get back on the old that. They had meat in their pockets on the ship, like we ain't gonna make it.
Speaker 1: They was like.
Speaker 3: Protein. They was like this, this is some ribs.
Speaker 1: I'm for sure. What if I made it all the way that would have been it.
Speaker 3: Watch out on this we got ribs.
Speaker 1: Man, watch out, we got ribs. Nigga boomed the little bow on that. We had ribs.
Speaker 2: Man for I can't eat another leafy green that caw walk around plump delicious. Man, watch y'all, I got these lowries in my my rucksack. I didn't have these lowries for seventeen years. Man, fire it up, Queue up the hostail stew man. Lady turned me into a pig man.
Speaker 1: Watch out.
Speaker 3: You wasn't the pigs.
Speaker 1: You don't know what it was like.
Speaker 4: They could get the ribs going, man, Quandas can make some fire ass brisket.
Speaker 3: Quandas get it going. Uh, brothers, be a good time.
Speaker 2: Quanda's all right before we closed? Tony Oscar predictions. How many oscars does the Odyssey getting nominated for?
Speaker 3: What are the categories?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're getting an Oscar nomination for cinematographer, sound Design, original School, set design, production design, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: All the technicals they in there.
Speaker 4: That's four day in there. Possible fire because I'm probably missing it.
Speaker 1: Impossible, we're going five.
Speaker 4: Okay, So for the majors, you're getting the best picture. When you got ten nominees, you can do. Yeah, so it's definitely in there for Best Picture, Best Directory. Now you could get a couple of people on the supporting. Yes, So Samantha Morgan is getting an Oscar for sure, getting she's for sure she is shoe in, shoe in and halfaway. Might get another nomination for this role.
Speaker 1: She might, She might probably won't beat out Samantha though.
Speaker 4: Now if they have her a supporting or actress supporting the same category.
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, so she she'd be up against Samantha. Yeah, the double up. So those are the two, and.
Speaker 2: This is a real supporting role like Samantha's was like almost like by all the Davis's doubt, like, I don't have it.
Speaker 1: I ain't through the whole movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna get twelve minutes though, you gonna remember these twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she was unforgettable.
Speaker 1: I said, man, this lady's crazy. I don't know why yet, pig witch.
Speaker 3: And she wasn't even over doing it.
Speaker 1: She was like half your feet. Yeah that's nine.
Speaker 3: So she getting that nomination.
Speaker 4: I think Anne Hathaway is gonna get another one because the Oscar Oscars already loved her. I think John Liguizamo might get me sure, I would love it if he does. I think Robert Pattinson has a case as well.
Speaker 1: You think so, yeah, I'm the supporter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hated him so good.
Speaker 1: Somebody get these niggers out of here. That's what I heard. I heard, Oh he said nigger, somebody get these niggers out of here.
Speaker 3: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: That's his internal monologue. Because he delivered it too well to say beggars. He looked right at Corey.
Speaker 4: Haf the Beckers out him blinking though blink blink was like he was disgusted by y'all.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to see you, beggars.
Speaker 1: Robert Pattinson is a good actor.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny about Robert Pattinson, I feel like, in some ways, kicking his career off, mostly with The Twilight, severely hindered how people viewed his acting ability, because all that Edwards stuff for all them years, you just be like, oh you just uh, We're just gonna put you in those little kids Bill. He really beat Man Nikki seventeen. Robert Pattinson was like, I seen oh Man unlike any role I've ever seen it. And I didn't even love that movie. I like that director. He directed Parasite mong Hume. I always forgive saying parisite director, but that to Batman, to Tenant to uh Odyssey, he.
Speaker 1: Does a lot of like he does a lot of smaller films.
Speaker 2: Where he can really dig into Nickhouse, which is fantastic, and then he does the big stuff like this.
Speaker 3: When you look at.
Speaker 4: Batman, you look at this, you look at you look at all these different roles. He's so his range is crazy, the light boatman, so he he.
Speaker 1: Is man like.
Speaker 3: I would have never have for scene where his career would go in terms of like when you look at I only saw one twilight.
Speaker 2: I said that he was just gonna fall. But I think he might get a nomination for this as well. I think, get that's eleven, that's eleven eleven on the on the memory. You don't think best screenplay possibly, Yeah, I could get that. I could see best screenplay.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 3: I honestly feel like this might get a nomination. Ensemble.
Speaker 4: Oh, they got them ensemble for sure, and they got the stem one too.
Speaker 1: Man right, they do have stunt. They do have stunt that.
Speaker 4: Honestly might go ahead and get nominated for every single categy except for a short film and animated.
Speaker 1: I could see a world where they eclipse centers on most nominations. Yeah, I could see them being like, somebody, get these niggers out of here. Y'all got the best awards for a nigger movie. Man watch out.
Speaker 3: I think I think this might be the most nominated film.
Speaker 1: In history, and it's everything Hollywood loves.
Speaker 4: They checked all the boxes on the category box office, because don't they have.
Speaker 1: Like a box office category. Two? Now, what was it? Was that Golden Globes they did something about. There was some award that was box office, a rewarded box office.
Speaker 2: On that I can't remember. Maybe I'm tripping, but okay, that was good. All right, man, tune in next time. We talk about something else.
Speaker 3: At the end of view,