Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move this week. I'm Tim Stenoveek with Nora Melnda and we're joined by Bloomberg News Cross aust reporter Isabelle Lee.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: Hi, it's great to be here on this Friday. I want to start with Can I start? I'll start and start. I'll start with Delta.
Speaker 3: So for the week, we saw the stock rise almost twelve percent. For today it's done but two ten to one percent. But you can just imagine that the shaved some of those losses. So why did it gain so much? It got its earnings this weekend, Delta reinstated a profit outlook for the year and said travelers are coming back. So this problem that had stocked a religious surge amid a fresh sense of confidence. We know that the consumer sector hasn't beaten down, and for a while people weren't traveling, whether domestically or internationally. So the carrier expects an adjusted profit of five dollars and twenty five cents to six dollars and twenty five cents. They also reported better than expected earning, so that's really good and Della's projections sent its shares really just sorry. So travel in the US is back, especially after President Donald Trump's tax cut and spending package. Entire discussion, so really exciting news. Do you have travel plans?
Speaker 4: Duh? Not on an airplane?
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, but transportation.
Speaker 1: All the travel I do on an airplane is for work, and we have a lot of travel you do coming up? Yeahynia, we're going to be in Denver in a few months, being California again a few months. Yeah, we go a lot of places, but no hard to fly with little.
Speaker 4: Kids, yes, fair, can you imagine?
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting about the Delta news is that they were the first company to pull their guidance, the first airline company, their first airline to pull their guide in so three months ago, what we'd be talking about is there's so much uncertainty. There's so much uncertainty, and then this week we learned, you know, travelers are coming back and there is some semblance of certainty, at least for now.
Speaker 3: There is, and maybe with the TIFFs too. We have the trade policy uncertainty of Bloomberg. We're tracking that it's inch higher, although still not as high as the April level. And then we just pushed out a stories saying that markets are complacent, that's one made to look at it, or markets just don't care and they just really want to rip through.
Speaker 5: And the CEO said that consumers are getting quote a little numb with the ongoing trade dispute. So it sounds like they're ready for us to wrap it up and go ahead and hop on a flight.
Speaker 4: That's what it sounds Why nock, all right?
Speaker 1: So Delta on your radar this week. Also, Maderna a big mover.
Speaker 3: Big mover, up ten point three percent, so let's call that eleven percent this week. So US regulators approve their COVID vaccine for children, although with a narrow group. This seems to be continuing from Robert F. Kennedy Junior's controversial policy that restricts access to shots for some kids. So maybe this is helpful to know for parents. So the FDA gave full approval of the immunization for kids under twelve who are at risk from the disease. So since the pandemic, we know that doses of COVID shots from Maderna and fives that have been made available to kids in that age range, even those not at increased risk. But Kenny, who we know is longtime critic of COVID vaccines, had a power to revoke that access. But this is good news for Moderna and maybe most of the vaccine companies. I personally haven't gotten a booster recently. I just get whatever Bloomberg offers, which is a flu shot.
Speaker 4: Did you think give us those anymore? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think you can get a COVID shot too.
Speaker 4: I don't think so lazy.
Speaker 3: If it's not offered here, I don't do it.
Speaker 1: We're not giving medical advice here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, definitely not.
Speaker 5: Shares with the Journer are still down on almost twenty percent this year though, so it's interesting when you see it on the broader scale.
Speaker 4: Sorry, go ahead, no, you go ahead. PTC is also Audio Radar.
Speaker 3: PTC is their third biggest scanner, up by almost ten. So this is some kind of a merger going on, or maybe potentially potentially is the important word. So Autodesk is being an acquisition of PTC, which is this rival engineering software provider. So Autodesk has been working with advisors to really just evaluate a cash and stock deal for PTC.
Speaker 4: So PTC is a big company.
Speaker 3: Maybe consumer facing people may not know it, but it's a twenty three billion dollar.
Speaker 4: Worth market hundred yes.
Speaker 3: And it's starting interest from other industry players too, not just its rival, So no final decision has been made to The deal comes amid all of the steady consolidation in the industrial software space, where really everyone's just expecting increased demand because of AI tech, maybe crypto, I don't know, let's just stick with AI. We are saying that the deal will give Autodesk a seventeen percent share in the company, which apparently is unlikely to bump up against some of those anti trust regulations that everyone's focused on. But that's significant because the market is a nineteen billion dollar manufacturing software market, which again most people probably wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.